1310 users online (248 members and 1062 guests)  

Websleuths News

Announcements

Forum: Located Persons Discussion

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

New Update From WS Admin Bessie!

BESSIE HAS A BRAND NEW UPDATE! WE ADDED A PICTURE OF MR. B TOO! CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE INFO AND REMEMBER TO CLICK ON "UPDATES 7" FOR THE LATEST!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

Our wonderful Websleuths Administrator Bessie really needs our help.

Bessie's husband is battling Esophageal cancer. It has left him underweight and extremely weak. He is trying to regain strength so they can operate and remove the cancerous tumor.

Bessie's husband is the only breadwinner. Why? Because Bessie has spent all her free time helping run Websleuths. The time Bessie has volunteered to make sure Webslueths runs smoothly is immeasurable.

Since her husband's illness Bessie has been taking care of him full time.

A few weeks ago Bessie was shopping. She collapsed. Her heart stopped in the ambulance. Her heart stopped again in the ER. She was in a coma for days.
    Through some
    miracle, Bessie is back home. She is weak but she is still taking care of her husband and trying to take care of herself too.

Bessie is on the verge of losing her home. The bills are piling up and there is no end in site.

If you can donate a single dollar
    to Bessie it will be a great help.

Many of you have offered me money to help with the cost of running Websleuths. I don't take donations but if you still want to donate please donate to Bessie.

If you enjoy Websleuths then you are enjoying Bessie's hard work.

It has been very hard to operate Websleuths without Bessie. It's only because of the rest of the hard working Mods and Admins that Websleuths continues on.

If you would like to use PayPal to make a donation to Bessie go to www.paypal.com and enter email bessiesmith615@gmail.com

If you would rather donate through Bessie's Go Fund Me page please do so by clicking here https://www.gofundme.com/adminbessie

On behalf of Websleuths management thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Visitors & Members/ Chrome Users/Fix for Shock Wave Crash

I use Chrome and tried this and the problem was immediately fixed.

Please understand I am not a technical person at all. That's why my directions for technical issues sound just like when I give directions to anyone who is lost. I don't use tech terms. I describe everything in easy to explain landmarks.

Here goes:

Type into your address bar: chrome://plugins

Then scroll until you see "Adobe Flash Player".

Make sure where it says "Adobe Flash Player" that the blue line underneath says, "Enable". This should grey out your box and disable your Adobe Flash Player. This is where the problem originates.

If the blue line below Adobe Flash says, "Disable" then click on the word Disable and "Enable" will appear.

The blue line below Adobe Flash must say "Enable".

Then close out the screen.

This took care of the whole issue for me.

This is an Adobe Flash issue and is happening everywhere.

If you are a visitor or member and have issues please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Dave continues to work hard to see we are doing everything possible on our end to make sure the site runs smoothly and without interruption.

Thanks,
    Tricia
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out our Facebook page
    Follow me on Twitter

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

We Need a Minute of your Time Please

Dear Websleuths Members,

We have over 1000 cold cases on Websleuths. Some of them decades old others fairly recent.

If you could please take a moment and look at our cold cases. CLICK ON THIS LINK to see the Cold Case Forum.

All we ask is you look over the cases and if so inclined post a comment on one or more of the cold cases.

By posting a simple note of encouragement to the loved ones dealing with a cold
    case you can make a difference.

I can tell you it means the world to people who find Websleuths while looking up information about their loved one's cold case and reading a thoughtful post from a stranger.

Most of these people feel forgotten by everyone. A simple post from you lets them know people do care and have not forgotten.

There are 45 pages of Cold Cases on Websleuths, 25 threads to a page.

Please take a moment and post on one of these cases. You could help a total stranger not feel so alone.

Thank You,

Tricia Griffith

Co-Owner/Websleuths.com, LLC