1018 users online (188 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Announcements

Forum: Long Haul Truckers & Neal Falls

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Fundraiser Update

Please Scroll Down for More Detailed Announcements

UPDATE

Webslueths has grown tremendously in the past 3 years. More members means bigger server, bigger bills,

If Websleuths does not meet its financial obligations it could have a domino effect. It is a very scary feeling knowing that what you have coming in is not enough to keep things running smoothly. You face consequences if you don't meet your financial obligations.

Please do not panic. That's my job

When we lost a large amount of our revenue overnight my number one goal was to keep Websleuths running. I can assure you the server bill will be paid first thing.

The fund raiser is moving along thanks to the incredibly generous members and guests. We are not out of the woods yet but it's better. When we have enough I will stop the fundraiser.

Feel free to email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com or send a PM.

Thank you,
    Tricia

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Last Option/Websleuths Needs You Now

HI Everyone,

I humbly ask you to please help Websleuths. Go to Google Wallet or PayPal and donate using the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

We are not close to getting what we need to make it through at least the next 60 days.

One dollar, five dollars, whatever you can spare.

Websleuths needs your help. I don’t know how else to put it. It is beyond mortifying having to ask you to donate, but you are my last option.

Thank you,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    PS for more details on this situation scroll down to the next two announcements.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

It is Getting Urgent

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

I write this with great urgency. Never has Websleuths asked for donations. The last thing I want to do is come to you hat in hand but I am out of options.

Really, there is nowhere else for me to go. Websleuths has grown tremendously and we have financial obligations. This is my full-time job.

If you could see your way to donate even five dollars or one dollar I will be forever grateful.

Go to www.paypal.com and use the address websleuthsdonations@gmail.com to send your donation.

If it seems like I am panicking a bit it is because I am. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to keep the donation announcement up for long but that is not the case.

To read in detail what is going on scroll down and read the announcement below this one.

Basically, we had a large drop in revenue very suddenly (and completely out of our control) and we had to change our revenue stream which
    means it will take two to three months to see any money from our new advertisers.

One thing I want to make clear. DO NOT DONATE IF IT PUTS THE SLIGHTEST STRESS ON YOUR FINANCES.

There are times where I literally did not have a dollar so I know how difficult it can be.

Thank you. Words escape me at the moment but know how deeply grateful I am to all of you for your help and participation on Websleuths

Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Please Read! Websleuths Needs Your Help!!

To Websleuths Members and Guests

It is with great humility that I make this post.

Websleuths will always be free. No one will ever be prevented from posting because they have to pay a fee for membership.

To pay the bills at Websleuths we rely on advertising revenue. Websleuths has grown a great deal in the past few years and so have the operating costs. Websleuths has grown to the point that operating it has become my full-time job.

To put it bluntly, we had a large drop in revenue beyond our control.

We are working with other advertisers to make up the loss.

Because of the drop in revenue we are in the process of transitioning from one revenue stream to another. During that transition, there will be a period where revenues are not coming in on the same schedule as they had been. There will be a lag in monies received as we move from one advertising partner to another. This means our budget has taken a temporary hit. Meanwhile operating costs and bills come at their usual times and in their usual amounts.

Asking you for donations is the last option available to me.

As a result, in order to continue to fulfill our financial obligations, Websleuths is going to do a Fundraiser.

I want to stress do not donate if it puts even slight pressure on your bank account. Only if you truly can afford to donate then I thank you in advance for doing so.

PayPal is the easiest way to go.

Please go to www.paypal.com and donate to this address: websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

Email me or PM me if you would rather not use PayPal and I can give you other options. My email is in my signature at the bottom of the page.

Funds raised will be used at the discretion of management

To all of you who make Websleuths great I want you to know from my heart and soul I am forever grateful

Just by posting, you are doing something to help. I am amazed at the work you all do on a daily basis.

Thank you for your support and your continued participation at Websleuths.

Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

We Need a Minute of your Time Please

Dear Websleuths Members,

We have over 1000 cold cases on Websleuths. Some of them decades old others fairly recent.

If you could please take a moment and look at our cold cases. CLICK ON THIS LINK to see the Cold Case Forum.

All we ask is you look over the cases and if so inclined post a comment on one or more of the cold cases.

By posting a simple note of encouragement to the loved ones dealing with a cold
    case you can make a difference.

I can tell you it means the world to people who find Websleuths while looking up information about their loved one's cold case and reading a thoughtful post from a stranger.

Most of these people feel forgotten by everyone. A simple post from you lets them know people do care and have not forgotten.

There are 45 pages of Cold Cases on Websleuths, 25 threads to a page.

Please take a moment and post on one of these cases. You could help a total stranger not feel so alone.

Thank You,

Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com, LLC