PDA

View Full Version : Foster Parent & Pastor Charged In Sodomy Attack Of Young Boy

Riddinx
04-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Police: Child Sex Abuse Suspect is Foster Parent, Pastor
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 1:33 PM
Updated: Apr 22, 2010 7:52 PM

http://wboc.images.worldnow.com/images/12355048_BG1.jpg
Jerry Darnell Bartley

CHESTERTOWN, Md.- A licensed foster parent and pastor in Chestertown is behind bars on multiple charges after being accused of sodomizing a boy several times.

The Kent (Md.) Bureau of Investigation arrested 39-year-old Jerry Darnell Bartley on six counts of sodomy, one count each of child abuse, sex abuse of a minor, sex abuse of a minor-continuing course of conduct and second-degree assault. If convicted, Bartley faces up to 140 years imprisonment.

The investigation began on Friday, April 16, when an anonymous complaint was received by Kent County Social Services. The KBI was contacted and initiated a joint investigation into the allegations.

Investigators say the victim- who is not being identified- was subsequently located and disclosed to investigators that between December 2009 and April 2010, Bartley sodomized him on at least six occasions. According to police, the victim stated that all of these incidents occurred in Bartley's home. Bartley was interviewed but was not immediately charged pending the results of a forensic examination on the victim.

Police say they arrested Bartley at his home on Wednesday, after receiving information that the forensic examination revealed evidence consistent with the victim's allegations. Bartley was taken into custody and held in the Kent County Detention Center on $250,000 bond.

According to investigators, Bartley is a licensed foster parent through Arrow Child and Family Ministries and a pastor at the Faith and Deliverance Church in Chestertown.

Police are urging anyone with information about this case or any other case where Bartley may have had inappropriate contact with others to contact the KBI at (410) 778-0490 or kbi@mdsp.org.

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12355048

joeskidbeck
04-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I read the article, but unless I am overlooking it, they didn't give the child's age. I know this is one that will raise my blood pressure considerably, so I probably won't be reading or posting here, but I will keep this boy (and any other victims there may be) in my prayers.

tlcya
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
yikes.

Lots of people call themselves pastors - ministers - man of God, but what exactly is the process? Is there a school? Are they certified? Just something I have always wondered about.

Also, this man was a foster parent? Can I assume he was properly checked out and had no red flags or suspicious past that came up when his background check was performed?

southcitymom
04-27-2010, 01:39 PM
yikes.

Lots of people call themselves pastors - ministers - man of God, but what exactly is the process? Is there a school? Are they certified? Just something I have always wondered about.

Also, this man was a foster parent? Can I assume he was properly checked out and had no red flags or suspicious past that came up when his background check was performed?

Anyone can call themselves a pastor or ordained minister. I got ordained enough to marry people by clicking "yes, I want to be ordained" on a website!

teonspaleprincess
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
May God bless this young boy and punish the sick bastard that hurt him.