PDA

View Full Version : TX TX - Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010

Pages : 1 [2]

fhc
05-14-2010, 04:39 PM
About to update APD's behind the scene's activities on Dr. Phil.

George makes me sick. He has now turned the focus from his failing the poly to he's going to off himself. It's still ALL about him, not Julia, not his daughter, not family or friends. If he felt remorse, he would tell the truth.

Texas Mist
05-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Police issue search warrant in case of missing woman

Friday, May 14 2010

Austin police have executed a search warrant on a home in the case of a woman missing for more than a month.

<snip>

Police will not comment on how the search at the home on Garden Oaks Drive is related to the case.

http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=64535

It's taken long enough for some searching by LE. Finally!

ETA:

Search Continues for Missing Mom

Updated: Friday, 14 May 2010, 12:22 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 14 May 2010, 12:17 PM CDT

Austin, TX - More developments in the case of a missing Austin mom. Julie Ann Gonzales disappeared in March.

This morning Austin police continued searching for clues in the case at her South Austin home.

Friday morning officers arrived at the home of Gonzales' estranged husband. Cops say they were conducting a search warrant, but are not giving out any other details since this is an open investigation.

Homicide detectives and crime scene investigators arrived at the home before 9 a.m. This home belongs to George de la Cruz, Gonzales' estranged husband and the person who last saw the missing mom back in March.

Authorities towed two vehicles away that were registered to the husband's family members. They also took several items from inside the house.

Search dogs were also brought in to trace any evidence.

more here

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Search-Continues-for-Missing-Mom-20100514-ktbcw

Kat
05-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Earlier Julie's family posted where her car was found. The walgreens was said to have been close to this intersection.

...Stassney / S.1st area...

I don't have the address for the current LE search warrant being executed but:

That walgreens is located at 5600 South 1st Street, Austin, TX‎.

If we do a search on google map between the address of the Walgreens that her family identifies as the one her car was abandoned at---

And the general address of the current search warrant Garden Oaks Dr, Austin, TX 78745

It comes back as:

0.3 miles or one minute drive.

If you plug in those parameters and look at the map on zoom. You will see a small area of woods near the Walgreens. I wonder if it is accessible? From the advance auto parts parking lot area? Just a thought.

cluciano63
05-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Too bad Austin police had to be shamed into doing their job by tabloid tv...

Kat
05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
It does look like there is access to that wooded area.

Also, I hate to type this (I hope and pray that Julie's family does not read this)

That area is very commercial. More than likely a lot of dumpsters.

DaneBramage
05-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Earlier Julie's family posted where her car was found. The walgreens was said to have been close to this intersection.

If we do a search on google map between the address of the Walgreens that her family identifies as the one her car was abandoned at---

And the general address of the current search warrant Garden Oaks Dr, Austin, TX 78745

It comes back as:

If you plug in those parameters and look at the map on zoom. You will see a small area of woods near the Walgreens. I wonder if it is accessible? From the advance auto parts parking lot area? Just a thought.

0.3 Mi. is a less than 7 min walk for most people...

cloudajo
05-14-2010, 07:14 PM

It comes back as:

Thanks. Not that it matters, but you can get exact address if you look at white pages under the mother's name. (I think it's actually her house.)

Kat, can you work your magic on the video from this AM when you get a chance? At :33 and :55 are pics of George (in black t-shirt), at :35 are the two vehicles towed, and at :40 is an item taken from the house during the search.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Search-Continues-for-Missing-Mom-20100514-ktbcw

cloudajo
05-14-2010, 07:16 PM
It's been 49 days.

So does this mean that APD probably got search warrants needed to check Julie's cell phone pings and to process her car?

I guess George is feeling better - he looks fine in the video from this morning. :furious:

justthinkin
05-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I completely missed seeing this case altogether, and I am not far from the location of where Julie disappeared. I would be willing to help search for her, but in a group setting. Have any volunteer searches taken place already? Can we get one organized?

BeanE
05-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Police search former home of missing Austin woman

Updated today at 6:05 PM

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Police-search-former-home-of-missing-Austin-woman--93815849.html

BeanE
05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
APD search home in connection to missing woman
05/14/2010 04:06 PM

http://news8austin.com/content/headlines/271041/apd-search-home-in-connection-to-missing-woman

BeanE
05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Handy link to get all news stories about Julie in reverse date order (most recent first):

http://interceder.net/news/julie-ann-gonzalez

darlin gal
05-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Authorities towed two vehicles away that were registered to the husband's family members. They also took several items from inside the house.http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Search-Continues-for-Missing-Mom-20100514-ktbcw

darlin gal
05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
http://media2.myfoxaustin.com//photo/2010/04/22/042210missingmomfollo1_1_tmb0000_20100422172641_32 0_240.JPG

Kat
05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Cloudajo I just saw your message. I am on Husband's puter but I will get it done. BBL

fuego
05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
justthinkin -- the "Help Find Julie Gonzalez" Facebook page indicates that a search had been planned for tomorrow, but it's too muddy. I imagine they'll be rescheduling, in which case I will make an effort to attend as well. (The last place she was seen was practically in my neighborhood... so I've been keeping a particular eye out...)

justthinkin
05-14-2010, 09:48 PM
It does look like there is access to that wooded area.

Also, I hate to type this (I hope and pray that Julie's family does not read this)

That area is very commercial. More than likely a lot of dumpsters.

I hate to say it but Austin has automated garbage pick-up. A truck comes with one person, the driver, and the garbage is picked up mechanically, then dumped at the landfill.

Yes, I would've liked to have joined in on the search. I'll check out the facebook page. I have yet to read all the posts yet.

Then there are so many patches of woods in this town, parks, drainage areas to divert flash floods, creeks.

justthinkin
05-14-2010, 09:51 PM
justthinkin -- the "Help Find Julie Gonzalez" Facebook page indicates that a search had been planned for tomorrow, but it's too muddy. I imagine they'll be rescheduling, in which case I will make an effort to attend as well. (The last place she was seen was practically in my neighborhood... so I've been keeping a particular eye out...)

I'm on the south side too. I plan to attend the fund raiser on Congress whenever it's held.

Kat
05-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Pictures as requested by Cloudajo. NOTE: I am not used to my Husband's laptop. I had to use adobe photo program. I did not alter these pictures in any way other than to crop the still of the video out of a screen capture. I then uploaded to photobucket so that I could bring an image code to share. If I upload as a attachment our guest can't view.

Mods if I blow the margins I apologize in advance!

(1,2 and 3 photos of 4)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x209/katrosado5/George.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x209/katrosado5/georgecar.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x209/katrosado5/georgenumber2.jpg

Picture number 4 will be of evidence removed by LE

Kat
05-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Picture number 4 from video link Cloudajo provided. Evidence removed from George's Mother's house (one item that was removed)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x209/katrosado5/georgeevidence-1.jpg

gitana1
05-14-2010, 11:21 PM
In my previous posts on this thread, I mentioned that I see "control" issues with Julie's mother and aunt. The exchange about the video purchase last night was yet another indicator of how Julie's mother seems to want full control over family members. Soto calls it "closeness", but I get the feeling that Julie was being smothered and needed some space.

Were there ever times when Julie had time for herself, or time spent alone with her husband and child, or was everything always a "family affair"? It almost sounds to me like Soto was a "tour guide" for the family and that everyone did everything together all the time. Weird.

S. SOTO: They asked me, does Julie like to watch movies? I said yes. We all like to watch movies. You know, we all go out and buy movies just because we`re such a big family that, you know, it`s better if we just buy the movies and watch it at home than for all of us to go to the movie theater and watch it at the movie theater. That`s just the way we are. We`re close that way.
Respectfully snipped by me for space. I see nothing unusual about their family dynamic. Also, they are a Hispanic family and often, such families are very close with the lines blurring between extended and nuclear families.

Unfortunately, she also asserts that there is no physical evidence to indicate that Gonzalez was a victim of foul play, and without probable cause, police cannot search her abandoned car or look at her phone records, reports CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/29/texas.missing.mom/index.html?hpt=Sbin)

Sometimes I think that LE makes up their own rules as they go along. Since when has there ever been any real physical evidence in any of these cases at the get go. Circumstances is usually what leads LE to name POI's and the circumstances in this case are very telling. This doesn't even make any sense for the Austin Police Department's lack of interest in this young ladies disappearance, it is an injustice at it's best. When Laci Peterson disappeared she was just a missing pregnant woman, there were no suspects till months later when they named the husband a POI and certainly no "physical" evidence ever except for later maybe some hair at his warehouse. The Modesto Police jumped to action immediately on that one. There is no reason not to search her car or phone records, the family certainly seems to be cooperating and would not object. So what gives?? Are they lazy or is it like the Mom stated because they are just "regular" folks.

BRAVO!!! WTH did they do with this case? Very sad.

FROM COMMENTS - NOT ARTICLE: Scratches on his face???? No evidence, though, of foul play! I guess the police in Mexico investigating the Monica Beresford-Redman murder case are a bit brighter then these clowns!!!

Yup!

I am shocked he would go thru w/taking this test if he could not pass it...just taking it, if he is guilty, shows sign of being a sociopath IMO

Or nutty. He seems like a guy begging to be caught. Can't handle the guilt.

The tone of the comments surprised me. Very civil and many of the posts were well thought out. Thanks!

I did want to address one comment, IMHO Julia's ethnicity has absolutely no bearing on how APD is handling this case. Not directed at anyone here just something I saw over there and the question had been raised on either JVM or NG.

I do hope that she is found safe. APD's hands are tied in a lot of ways on how they can conduct an investigation. To solve that would take state legislation. Given her family is very vocal, if she isn't returned home safe--I hope they take up that torch and get the laws changed.

JMHO.

That's a pretty definitive statement on your part that Julie's ethnicity has nothing to do with the investigation. How can you be sure? I am not saying it does have anything to do with it but I have seen cases where black people, for example, get less of a response by LE to reports of crime. However, sometime LE makes mistakes in their investigations or responses to crimes just because they have an inept chief of police or whatever. More often, though, I think LE do their very best no matter what and no matter who. They are usually heroes. I'm sad they seemed to have dropped the ball in this case, for whatever the reason.

Too bad Austin police had to be shamed into doing their job by tabloid tv...

Yes, and the problem is, so much time has been wasted. Chain of custody issues with forensics on her car, etc.

Most important, I really think george is the type that would have cracked if LE had really put the pressure on him. He seems to be carrying a lot of guilt, IMO. I hope they can still get to him but as time passes, sometimes perps become more accepting of what they have done and the horror of it fades a bit, as does the guilt.
Sometimes, though, time does the opposite and just increases the pressure. I just hope they can get to him and get real answers before he kills himself or his daughter. I think that's a big risk in this case. If he offs himself, we may never know what happened to Julie. And if he hurts that poor baby, well, I have no words for how horrific that would be.
I hope that the family of Julie uses the circumstances of Julie's disappearance, her reported abuse by george, his past suicide attempt and his current hospitalization and suicidal ideation to get custody of the baby. She is not safe with him at all, IMO.

Kat
05-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Respectfully snipped by me for space.
That's a pretty definitive statement on your part that Julie's ethnicity has nothing to do with the investigation. How can you be sure? I am not saying it does have anything to do with it but I have seen cases where black people, for example, get less of a response by LE to reports of crime. However, sometime LE makes mistakes in their investigations or responses to crimes just because they have an inept chief of police or whatever. More often, though, I think LE do their very best no matter what and no matter who. They are usually heroes. I'm sad they seemed to have dropped the ball in this case, for whatever the reason.

Hi gitana1. My response was definative for two reasons. One was because on the JVM show a caller called in and asked the Aunt and Mother of Julie if they felt the reason that this case was not being looked at initially was because Julie was Latina. They seemed astounded anyone would suggest such a thing and said no if anything it was because she wasn't wealthy (indicating Julie's socio-economic status). I trust their judgement since they are at ground zero with Julie and the LE.

Secondly, I lived in Cen-Tex and now near the border of Texas. I have resided within TX for a decade this month. I have resided as a member of a Latino family. I don't sense and have never sensed prejudices against Latino/Latina's by Texans of another race. But that is just my personal experience and may not be indicative of Julies.

All the above is JMHO. I don't know why they didn't investigate. But thank god they are now. :)

summer_breeze
05-15-2010, 08:25 AM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/search-for-missing-austin-mom-continues

Husband on Dr Phil to deny guilt in disappearance
Updated: Friday, 14 May 2010, 7:05 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 14 May 2010, 3:41 PM CDT
Jackie Vega

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Some seven weeks after an Austin mother went missing , the Austin Police Department conducted a search warrant at a South Austin home on Garden Oaks Drive .

Kat
05-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I did get to watch Dr. P yesterday (part 2 of the show that initially aired on May 7.)

It was reported that the APD would be conducting another LDT for Geo. and also one for Julie's current BF.

It was reported that APD went the hospital that Geo. was admitted to re-interview him.

I would like to know when that Dr. P show was filmed. He doesn't do a live show does he?

Geo. reported that he was on Lexapro but had stopped taking it (no bearing on case just wanted to notate that).

The search warrant was executed on Geo.'s Mother's home on May 14 (same day the second part aired on Dr. P).

I wonder if the current BF has taken his LDT yet?

I'm not sure what that piece of evidence is in the picture above (wrapped in brown paper and being carried by two men). FWIW, I was packed out the past three days for an overseas move. I was up close when my own mattress (queen size) and my children's (one full, two twins) were carried out to be crated for the move and they didn't have that shape and size.

Any thoughts on what might be under the wraps?

fuego
05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure what that piece of evidence is in the picture above (wrapped in brown paper and being carried by two men). FWIW, I was packed out the past three days for an overseas move. I was up close when my own mattress (queen size) and my children's (one full, two twins) were carried out to be crated for the move and they didn't have that shape and size.

I puzzled about that when I first saw that pic. The only thing I can come up with that has a similar shape is a large, framed picture or painting. :waitasec: Could be something weird, though, like the top of a table or... who knows... I'd love to hear some better ideas, myself.

Anais
05-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Well after watching Dr. P yesterday I am certain that George is definitely involved with Julie's disappearance. We aren't speaking of a mildly inconclusive poly here, it's a negative 14 which cannot be explained by nervousness or illness of any type. The man flat out lied. I also see George as a sociopath maybe pyschopath. He was smiling at the beginning of the poly and loving all the attention from Dr. P and everyone. Then once confronted that he was a liar he started with the suicidal business, and crying with no tears.

My heart breaks for her family because I do not believe that Julie will be coming home alive. For the records sociopaths will talk and take poly's all the time because they believe they are invincable!

Kat
05-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I know it's impossible to see what people are thinking by looking at a single photograph of them but I can't help but think that Geo's Mom looks pensive in the picture of her and Geo above. I'm sorry for Julie's family and Geo's Mom, and especially Julie's daughter.

pufnstuf
05-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Here's the Dr. Phil video.

http://drphil.com/videos/?Url=/house/flv/8323_3.flv&background=header_drphil_video.jpg

justthinkin
05-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the photos, Kat!

George has two faces bawling and smirking. Smirking doesn't fit with the mother of his daughter being missing, and I think his mother is disturbed by his inappropriate smirking as well.
Can't wait for the forensics to come back on those two vehicles APD confiscated.

Kat
05-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Here's the Dr. Phil video.

http://drphil.com/videos/?Url=/house/flv/8323_3.flv&background=header_drphil_video.jpg

Puf do me a favor?

When he is speaking spanish to his mother, he pauses and says "I did lie" or I thought that is what he said.

Could that have been a slip? While he is denying that he knows, he inadvertently says "I did lie"?

Odd phrasing there, it just caught my ear. I could be wrong.

Ransom
05-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Who used Julie's credit card at Best Buy on April 7th? This was days after she went missing. Julie's mom said it wasn't Julie.

mitzi
05-16-2010, 06:08 AM
I've been following Julie's thread from the beginning, but have yet to comment until now.

I watched the 2nd Dr. Phil show and also feel that George is responsible for Julie's disappearance. At the end of the show, I was surprised to hear Dr. Phil say that APD was going to give George and Julie's boyfriend a polygraph. Did we know that Julie had a present boyfriend? I don't remember that being said here.

Also, if the search warrant was served the same day the Dr. Phil show aired, then obviously ole George is out of the hospital. Hmmmm....doesn't seem like he needed to be there long. *rolleyes*

I can't figure out what was in the evidence bag they removed from the home. A real odd shape!

George seemed to have a smirk in the one still shot above. :furious: Wonder how long it will take for an arrest.

Anais
05-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I've been following Julie's thread from the beginning, but have yet to comment until now.

I watched the 2nd Dr. Phil show and also feel that George is responsible for Julie's disappearance. At the end of the show, I was surprised to hear Dr. Phil say that APD was going to give George and Julie's boyfriend a polygraph. Did we know that Julie had a present boyfriend? I don't remember that being said here.

Also, if the search warrant was served the same day the Dr. Phil show aired, then obviously ole George is out of the hospital. Hmmmm....doesn't seem like he needed to be there long. *rolleyes*

I can't figure out what was in the evidence bag they removed from the home. A real odd shape!

George seemed to have a smirk in the one still shot above. :furious: Wonder how long it will take for an arrest.

ITA!

George gave me the creeps and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end! It is quite apparent to me at least that his suicide stroy wasn't true. It was another means for attention on him-away from JULIE! Away from the fact that he failed a poly and there is no other explanation for that other than he is lying. I hope that for once and for all the APD get their act together and find her, and the person responsible for her disappearance!

It nauseates me the way they treated this from day one. How they treated her family and loved ones! Shame, shame on the APD. Lets just hope no evidence was lost because of it. :furious::furious::furious:

Kat
05-16-2010, 11:11 AM

IIRC it was JVM that her family reported that Julie had begun to date and there was a particular fellow she was dating.

They never said his name. I haven't seen it reported either.

fuego
05-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Puf do me a favor?

When he is speaking spanish to his mother, he pauses and says "I did lie" or I thought that is what he said.

Could that have been a slip? While he is denying that he knows, he inadvertently says "I did lie"?

Odd phrasing there, it just caught my ear. I could be wrong.

I'm not the one you asked ;) but to me it sounded like "no estoy hecho de mentiras" -- literally translated as "I'm not made of lies." The sound on the video (at least on my system) keeps giving a tiny hiccup where I'm assuming the "de" is, though.

ETA: The captions seem accurate.

Kat
05-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Thank you so much amy! I am not fluent and his whining made it very hard for me to understand him. I really needed him to slow down and talk as if he were talking to a four yr old if I am to understand LOL.

AM528
05-16-2010, 11:51 AM
I found it very interesting on the the Dr Phil show when his mother said to him "What did you do George"? almost like she knew he had to have done something to her or that he is capable of doing something to her. He gives me the total creeps...

Wenmars
05-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Husband - George de la Cruz stating that Julie Ann Gonzalez asked him to watch the kids for a few days. Husband is cooperating with police.

George is not cooperating with the police. He wouldn't give them his computer. And he is lying like a rug.

Wenmars
05-17-2010, 04:08 AM
I did get to watch Dr. P yesterday (part 2 of the show that initially aired on May 7.)

It was reported that the APD would be conducting another LDT for Geo. and also one for Julie's current BF.

It was reported that APD went the hospital that Geo. was admitted to re-interview him.

I would like to know when that Dr. P show was filmed. He doesn't do a live show does he?

Geo. reported that he was on Lexapro but had stopped taking it (no bearing on case just wanted to notate that).

The search warrant was executed on Geo.'s Mother's home on May 14 (same day the second part aired on Dr. P).

I wonder if the current BF has taken his LDT yet?

I thought I saw a video where the mom or the aunt said she didn't have a boyfriend?

Wenmars
05-17-2010, 04:10 AM
I found it very interesting on the the Dr Phil show when his mother said to him "What did you do George"? almost like she knew he had to have done something to her or that he is capable of doing something to her. He gives me the total creeps...
George did not have any tears when he was "crying". Anyone notice that?

Wenmars
05-17-2010, 04:18 AM
While the family was on JVM the ex called in and wanted to have his say too. He sounded credible, IMO. Volunteered to take a lie detector test and have the home searched more, said he wants to be involved because his daughter is suffering. So if he's the bad guy, he's a great actor. We've seen these great actors before, but rarely do they call in to national TV and chat.
Remember, he would not give his computer over to the police. Anyone know why the police didn't just take it?

Wenmars
05-17-2010, 04:46 AM
In the 2nd Dr. Phil interview, after the ldt, George said to his mother that he was with her all the time so he didn't have time to do anything [to Julie]. The police or Julies family need to put some pressure on George's mother to see if he was telling the truth about him being with her. And if he was lying, I hope to God that the mother comes forward with that truth.

pufnstuf
05-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Thank you so much amy! I am not fluent and his whining made it very hard for me to understand him. I really needed him to slow down and talk as if he were talking to a four yr old if I am to understand LOL.

Amy gets my thanks, too. That whining made it hard for me, too.

This guy is sooo guilty. He's looked guilty to me from the first video...the one where he's talking to the reporter and he's flailing his arms all around, won't look her in the face, looks at the ground when he talks... it's the video in which he has the scratches on the side of his nose.

This guy scares me. I think he could do anything.

summer_breeze
05-17-2010, 07:13 AM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/national/kxan-austin-fundraiser-held-for-missing-mother

Julie Gonzalez was last seen at ex-husband's home
Updated: Sunday, 16 May 2010, 10:14 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 16 May 2010, 10:13 PM CDT

Family members of a missing Austin mother are raising awareness and money today to help their search for her.

BeanE
05-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Fundraiser held for missing mother
Julie Gonzalez was last seen at ex-husband's home

Updated: Sunday, 16 May 2010, 10:14 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 16 May 2010, 10:13 PM CDT

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/national/kxan-austin-fundraiser-held-for-missing-mother

Kat
05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
I thought I saw a video where the mom or the aunt said she didn't have a boyfriend?

On 27 April D. Cooper (Julies Aunt said the following on the JVM show)

...VELEZ-MITCHELL: Dora, I have to go back to this question with you. Are you sure that she did not meet anybody else?

COOPER: I am positive.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So no dating?

COOPER: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Because sometimes when you break up with somebody, you date somebody else.

COOPER: You know, I have access to her phone messages, to everything. I have access to her e-mail. There`s nothing to indicate that anything else was going on.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html

I was wrong in my recollections! It was on the Part 1 of the Dr. P show (which I have not seen a full transcript or full video uploaded of the 2 part show)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010

Cloudajo posted a summary of what was said on the 07 May 10 show. ^

There was also mention of a "james" a web designer. Nothing more has been said of him. IMVHO this James is a red herring.

On part 2 of the the 2 part Dr. P show (aired 14 May 10 I think?) Dr. P a guest on the Dr. P show who was interfacing between Dr. P and the APD reported that he had spoken to the APD and that George and the unnamed man that Julie had dated prior to her disappearance were going to have LDT's.

Hope I got all that right. Someone please correct me if I mis-stated? :)

ETA: I should not have used the word BF in reference to a man that Julie was said to have started dating prior to her going missing. I apologize! Very much so.

justthinkin
05-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I didn't see either of the Dr. Phil shows. Can someone tell me who was the person who mentioned a James?

Kat
05-18-2010, 02:22 PM
I didn't see either of the Dr. Phil shows. Can someone tell me who was the person who mentioned a James?

I don't remember that "James" was discussed on Dr. P. (but I may have missed that).

Here is what was said about that on JVM justhinkin.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/28/ijvm.01.html

snipped:

S. SOTO: Well, there was a friend of hers that came forward several days after we reported her missing saying that she held back some information and she wanted to let us know what it was.

So she called -- I talked to her on the phone and she said, "I need to let you know something very important. Julie texted me and said that she met some guy named James who is a web designer who bought a new house in Colorado and he`s taking me away for the weekend to show me a good time."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. James, a web designer. Ok. Well, we know, Mike Brooks, that a lot of untoward people have used the Internet posing as --

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: Oh, yes. Sure.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: -- web designers and other people like that and they`ve seduced people over the Internet where they can create whatever persona they want...

NOTE: I watched this show and Julie's Uncle and Aunt were speaking over other guests so it was a bit confusing. The next statement was about messages from Geo's dead uncle but that wasn't connected to the "James". JMHO.

and from same episode:

snipped:

...VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, ok. These are interesting theories. I want to ask whoever knows the most about James the Web designer. Was it Dora?

S. SOTO: Oh no, that would be me, Sandra.

G. SOTO: That`s actually a smoke screen.

S. SOTO: That would be me, Sandra.

COOPER: And that is a smoke screen.

S. SOTO: That is just a text message that Julie`s friend received.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok.

S. SOTO: It wasn`t a voice phone call. It was a text message out of Julie`s text -- her cell phone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So, Gil, you`re the uncle.

S. SOTO: So we don`t know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you think about this James text?

G. SOTO: Well, you know, texts have come into Julie`s phone from -- like I said, the dead uncle. Random texts, anonymous calls, things of that nature, and this is just another one; this is just another smoke screen...

In the same show there is discussion of a friend of Julie's that said she had held back info (I am thinking it was about James) and she was questioned by LE.

another episode:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/29/ijvm.01.html

snipped:

...VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you think about this James text?

G. SOTO: Well, you know, texts have come into Julie`s phone from -- like I said, the dead uncle, random texts, anonymous calls, things of that nature. And this is just another one. This is just another smoke screen.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Gil, you`re the uncle. You`ve been very vocal about this so-called Web designer. How did the family learn about this mystery man, James the Web designer? And do you think he exists?

G. SOTO: No, I don`t. I don`t think he exists. And it came up through a supposed friend of Julie`s who we have not heard from anymore. We heard from her one time. And now she just doesn`t want to speak to anyone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well...

G. SOTO: And that`s where it`s at right now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Sandra, you`re the mom. Explain the Web designer and this -- this girl came up to you and said, "Oh, I don`t know what to say." She`s hanging her head low. And then she said she met a guy called James. What`s the story, very briefly?

S. SOTO: Well, she just told me, you know, "I`m sorry I kept this information from you," because she came to me a few days after we reported Julie missing. And she was just hanging her head low, you know, just saying, "I shouldn`t be here. I shouldn`t be talking to you."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What did she say about James?

S. SOTO: She just said, "Julie texted me saying that she had met James at her work and that he was a Web designer and that he had..." There is a bit more discussion but I can't copy and paste and stay within TOS.

There were three JVM shows that talked about Julie.

27 APR 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html

28 APR 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/28/ijvm.01.html

29 APR 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/29/ijvm.01.htm

summer_breeze
05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.kvue.com/news/Missing-womans-family-desperate-for-answers-94200424.html

by JADE MINGUS / KVUE News
kvue.com
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Updated today at 6:16 PM

The family of a missing Austin woman says they are desperate for answers as the search for Julie Ann Gonzalez continues. Gonzalez was last seen more than seven weeks ago.

cloudajo
05-19-2010, 07:19 AM
George hired an atty and not cooperating. On video it was said he’s been questioned by police 4 times.

=======
Missing woman's family desperate for answers
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:16 PM

The family of a missing Austin woman says they are desperate for answers as the search for Julie Ann Gonzalez continues. Gonzalez was last seen more than seven weeks ago.

[snipped]
“I don’t think there was any new evidence found. It’s just since he did hire an attorney, and we’re not cooperating with them, they didn’t have any choice but to get a warrant and make sure there isn’t anything there, and again there isn’t,” said Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, who is now representing De La Cruz.

Fagerberg said Austin police questioned his client several times and he always cooperated. He maintains De La Cruz knows nothing of Gonzalez’s disappearance.

“My client had nothing to do with it -- he’s maintained that from the beginning, and continues to maintain that. I think when it’s all said and done, those facts will come out,” said Fagerberg.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Missing-womans-family-desperate-for-answers-94200424.html

cloudajo
05-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Troubling if Julie and George’s daughter is still staying with George at all. Julie's mom believes that after the Dr. Phil show, police have stepped up their game.
========
Missing girl's Mom: husband has info
Mother wants estranged husband to clear his name
Updated: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 6:11 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 1:42 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Sandra Soto has spent the last six weeks hoping for any sign of her missing daughter Julie Ann Gonzalez.

Now after a search of Julie’s estranged husband’s house and an appearance on “Dr. Phil,” she believes George De La Cruz might have what she has been hoping for.

“I have been asking George to clear his name,” said Soto. “I am not pointing the finger at George, I just am asking him to clear his name if he has nothing to hide so the investigation can go on.

De La Cruz and Gonzalez were going through a divorce at the time of Gonzalez’s disappearance in March. The two shared joint custody of their two-year-old daughter, but now the girl is splitting time between De La Cruz and Soto.

[snipped]
Police are investigating however Soto says she has received very little information about where investigators stand. She does believe the national television appearance has caused a sense of urgency. “I feel after the show, they stepped up their game.”

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/missing-girl%27s-mom%3A-husband-has-info

Kat
05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Thank you for the links cloudajo.

Prayers for Julie's family especially her Mother who has handled this with grace and far more dignity that I could ever imagine doing myself.

highwelder
05-19-2010, 11:32 AM
I feel we need to pray for George's mom also. I don't think any mother raises a child hoping he will turn out like that. Getting a lawyer was the only smart move I've seen of George. His mother must have realized the need for that.
Is this pro bono? Where did George get the money for that? Does anyone who thinks George is culpable believe he must have had help? He doesn't look that muscular (looks lazy & flabby) to move a 140# body around without obvious signs. I sure hope visits with his daughter are supervised. Sorry for my rambling...pent up frustration on this case. Thanks everyone for the links and updates!

justthinkin
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I would like to know if George was living in his mother's house when Julie disappeared, and secondly if the other residents of that home were home that weekend or if they'd gone off for the weekend leaving George alone. One thing's for certain, and that's that he had to have had the opportunity to do something to Julie.

Kat
05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
BUMP!

JVM just started here. She's going to have a segment on the man who gave the LDT to George.

I'll take notes until we can get the vid :)

ETA: I'm going to wait and not post my notes. A transcript should be available soon.

cloudajo
05-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Issues with Jane-Velez Mitchell - Transcript
May 19, 2010

Starts about 3/4 down the page:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/19/ijvm.01.html

Patty G
05-20-2010, 08:45 AM
The videos of the show are on my YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947

Anais
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Issues with Jane-Velez Mitchell - Transcript
May 19, 2010

Starts about 3/4 down the page:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/19/ijvm.01.html

I watched JVM last night and am so annoyed with a couple of things. Number one-Pat Brown criminal profiler, what a joke IMO. So big freaking deal that George came on and talked, and yapped and professed to help in finding Julie. Does anyone not recall Scott Peterson?! :banghead:

If I am putting my money on which professional I am believing here it is without a doubt James Trimarcco ex fbi profiler and Polygrapher! IMO Pat Brown is as useless as they come and rarely have I seen her come out to be correct!

I am hoping and praying that APD is on this case and due to their complete lack of professionalism early on finding Julie, and loss of evidence etc. doesn't become an issue. After seeing George on Dr. Phil there is no doubt in my mind that this man did something to his wife! JMHO!

CathyinTexas
05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
I feel we need to pray for George's mom also. I don't think any mother raises a child hoping he will turn out like that. Getting a lawyer was the only smart move I've seen of George. His mother must have realized the need for that.
Is this pro bono? Where did George get the money for that? Does anyone who thinks George is culpable believe he must have had help? He doesn't look that muscular (looks lazy & flabby) to move a 140# body around without obvious signs. I sure hope visits with his daughter are supervised. Sorry for my rambling...pent up frustration on this case. Thanks everyone for the links and updates!

maybe the help came from the woman who used the debit card once. Do they have a picture of her?

cloudajo
05-20-2010, 09:32 PM
maybe the help came from the woman who used the debit card once. Do they have a picture of her?

I believe the video was shown by LE to Julie's mom, but video and/or picture has not been released to the public. I can't think of a good reason why it hasn't been released at this point.

mischiefmanager
05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
I believe the video was shown by LE to Julie's mom, but video and/or picture has not been released to the public. I can't think of a good reason why it hasn't been released at this point.

They SHOULD have released the video. At the VERY LEAST she is guilty of using the card...and who knows HOW she got the card in the first place! Maybe they should try to find her and ask her!! Sometimes I wonder what LE is thinking when someone goes missing...:banghead:

cloudajo
05-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I missed this video before. I had wondered about what time George said Julie came to pick up their daughter. This video says George told Julie’s mom it was between 10 and 11 AM that Friday (March 26). I wish we knew who was at George’s house that day and at what time (mother? father? other relatives?).

KVUE - Video from April 13, 2010

Starting at -1:37

Reporter: “Soto recounts what the husband told her.”
Sandra (Julie’s mom): “And he said she showed up anywhere between 10 and 11 in his house, and said you know, I have to go away, she said I have to go away for a few days, can you watch her for the weekend. And then that was it.
Reporter: “No one has spoken to her since the husband reported seeing her that morning, March 26.”
Sandra: “Messages were coming out of her phone, but no phone calls, no phone conversations.”
Reporter: “Messages have also popped up on Myspace, but the family doesn’t believe they’re from her. Her little sister says they’re not the same positive messages Gonzalez posted before she disappeared.”

Shows computer screen with some posts of after and before she went missing:

Julie Gonzalez Just wanted to say im ok and that people shouldnt worry about me and to stop bothering me i want to enjoy my time
(Note: This is partially cut off on the video but I have it from Julie’s cached Myspace page)
Mood: adventurous
Posted at 9:40 PM Mar 27 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez It’s the start of a new week. Hope it goes w
(Note: I can’t see the rest, maybe well?)
Mood: hopeful
Posted at 7:41 AM March 22 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez yaay so happy

SP (Julie’s sister): “Looking at these posts up on Myspace, I’m thinking, there’s something wrong here. I don’t think that’s my sister.”
Reporter: “And no one here believes she would ever leave her 2 year old daughter behind.”

http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html

cloudajo
05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Jane-Velez Mitchell
May 20, 2010

Starts about ¾ down on the page.

Guests:
Patrick Fagerberger, Attorney for George De la Cruz
Criminal profiler Brent Turvey
Jack Trimarco who administered the polygraph test to George
Julie`s mom, Sandra Soto

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s talk about the polygraph.

FAGERBERGER: The polygraph. The polygraph, Jane -- obviously they have never been admissible in court. And the reason they`ve never been admissible in court is because it`s never been considered a true science. It`s a voodoo science at best and it`s the polygrapher who -- subjective analysis of the data determines whether or not it`s a fail or a pass.

So I personally and anybody in my field, have no faith and put no validity in a lie detector test one way or the other.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So first of all we`re going to talk to the polygraph examiner in a moment. But why did he take it then if he thinks it`s voodoo science?

FAGERBERGER: Well, Jane, I was not hired at the time. I do not know. I know -- I know he has nothing to hide. Feels he has nothing to hide, had nothing to hide. Furthermore, I think you really need to look at the motivation of the polygrapher.

Here is a kid who is on the "Dr. Phil Show". Dr. Phil and his polygrapher take advantage of a kid who doesn`t understand the consequences whether they`re not legal --

[snipped]

FAGERBERGER: Well again, Jane, I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph. People generally think that they`re reliable. So when you have an innocent kid who is doing everything he can to help APD in a missing person search, get on a TV show and have some polygrapher say that he failed a test, of course he`s going to be emotional, because they don`t understand that polygraphers are not reliable.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, let`s -- you`ve made your point about that, and we`re going to get the other side in a moment. What is George doing to find Julie?

FAGERBERG: George has done numerous, numerous interviews with APD. He`s cooperated in every shape and form since she went missing. After APD determined that -- they turned it into a criminal investigation as opposed to a missing person investigation, it obviously was very prudent for him to seek counsel.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/20/ijvm.01.html

cloudajo
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
[snipped]

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but Sandra Soto, you`re the mother of the missing girl. You`re saying, "Hey, she may not have sent that message. Whoever has her cell phone may have sent it after she was abducted." Is that correct?

SANDRA SOTO, JULIE ANN GONZALEZ`S MOTHER: That`s right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, let me ask you this.

SOTO: That`s right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: One of the big questions, because when you first -- when we first really broke this story nationally here on ISSUES, you were very upset that police didn`t do a whole bunch of stuff. And one of the things you were upset about was they didn`t check the pings to find out where those -- those text messages were coming from, where that cell phone had been.

Have you heard anything from the police about whether they checked the pings, which could solve the case?

SOTO: I haven`t heard anything. They haven`t told me anything it`s an ongoing investigation. I call them every day. I call them several times a day. But I understand they`re doing their job and they cannot share with me, you know, what I want to know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I don`t know about that. I mean, I have questions about that, because I know in some cases they do share bits and pieces if it`s -- you`re a mother who`s sitting there, you haven`t seen your daughter in a long time, you don`t know if she`s dead or alive. This is making you and your entire family frustrated and devastated. I would think they could communicate with you to a certain degree.

Kat
05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Jane-Velez Mitchell
May 20, 2010

Starts about ¾ down on the page.

Guests:
Patrick Fagerberger, Attorney for George De la Cruz
Criminal profiler Brent Turvey
Jack Trimarco who administered the polygraph test to George
Julie`s mom, Sandra Soto

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s talk about the polygraph.

FAGERBERGER: The polygraph. The polygraph, Jane -- obviously they have never been admissible in court. And the reason they`ve never been admissible in court is because it`s never been considered a true science. It`s a voodoo science at best and it`s the polygrapher who -- subjective analysis of the data determines whether or not it`s a fail or a pass.

So I personally and anybody in my field, have no faith and put no validity in a lie detector test one way or the other.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So first of all we`re going to talk to the polygraph examiner in a moment. But why did he take it then if he thinks it`s voodoo science?

FAGERBERGER: Well, Jane, I was not hired at the time. I do not know. I know -- I know he has nothing to hide. Feels he has nothing to hide, had nothing to hide. Furthermore, I think you really need to look at the motivation of the polygrapher.

Here is a kid who is on the "Dr. Phil Show". Dr. Phil and his polygrapher take advantage of a kid who doesn`t understand the consequences whether they`re not legal --

[snipped]

FAGERBERGER: Well again, Jane, I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph. People generally think that they`re reliable. So when you have an innocent kid who is doing everything he can to help APD in a missing person search, get on a TV show and have some polygrapher say that he failed a test, of course he`s going to be emotional, because they don`t understand that polygraphers are not reliable.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, let`s -- you`ve made your point about that, and we`re going to get the other side in a moment. What is George doing to find Julie?

FAGERBERG: George has done numerous, numerous interviews with APD. He`s cooperated in every shape and form since she went missing. After APD determined that -- they turned it into a criminal investigation as opposed to a missing person investigation, it obviously was very prudent for him to seek counsel.

Thank you cloudajo! Mr. Fagerberg is acting exactly like a defense attn. I wouldn't expect anything less from him to be honest. He's playing on George's youth. (good defense tactic to attempt to create sympathy for his client)
JMHO
I have the feeling that using the phrase "I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph." In particular the word ignorance is going to be a learning lesson for him as a defense attn. IMHO the general public doesn't like to be referred to as ignorant. But then again it's JMHO.

LE and we are probably not going to get any more info from George. JMHO.

Kat
05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I missed this video before. I had wondered about what time George said Julie came to pick up their daughter. This video says George told Julie’s mom it was between 10 and 11 AM that Friday (March 26). I wish we knew who was at George’s house that day and at what time (mother? father? other relatives?).

KVUE - Video from April 13, 2010

Starting at -1:37

Sandra (Julie’s mom): “And he said she showed up anywhere between 10 and 11 in his house, and said you know, I have to go away, she said I have to go away for a few days, can you watch her for the weekend. And then that was it.
Reporter: “No one has spoken to her since the husband reported seeing her that morning, March 26.”
Sandra: “Messages were coming out of her phone, but no phone calls, no phone conversations.”
Reporter: “Messages have also popped up on Myspace, but the family doesn’t believe they’re from her. Her little sister says they’re not the same positive messages Gonzalez posted before she disappeared.”

Shows computer screen with some posts of after and before she went missing:

Julie Gonzalez Just wanted to say im ok and that people shouldnt worry about me and to stop bothering me i want to enjoy my time
(Note: This is partially cut off on the video but I have it from Julie’s cached Myspace page)
Mood: adventurous
Posted at 9:40 PM Mar 27 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez It’s the start of a new week. Hope it goes w
(Note: I can’t see the rest, maybe well?)
Mood: hopeful
Posted at 7:41 AM March 22 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez yaay so happy

SP (Julie’s sister): “Looking at these posts up on Myspace, I’m thinking, there’s something wrong here. I don’t think that’s my sister.”
Reporter: “And no one here believes she would ever leave her 2 year old daughter behind.”

http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html

Now that the nature of the investigation has changed. Let's hope that LE also got a subpoena for the pings on Julie's phone in addition to the one they got for George's house.

Anais
05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Now that the nature of the investigation has changed. Let's hope that LE also got a subpoena for the pings on Julie's phone in addition to the one they got for George's house.

Kat I really hope so given they way they bungled this investigation from day one. JMHO I really truly hope they are doing double duty to find Julie for her family. I have a really strange feeling that whoever was making the myspace comments, using Julie's phone and charge card will have something to do with George. My bets on him. JMO

I feel sick inside because they may have lost so much evidence from her car once it was repossesed. Her family practically had to shame the APD to do their jobs. Shame on them! :furious::furious::furious:

Lastly on George's polygraph it wasn't a mild fail, we are talking a negative -14. On Dr. Phil I could see right through his fake emotions with no tears.That's not even close and James trimarrco is one of the very best polygraphers out there today. His credentials are awesome!

Kat
05-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Anais, I respect JT also as a polygrapher and as a retired profiler. I thought he approached the situation as he should have.

P. Brown frosts my cookies and I rarely ever pay attention to what she has to say. LOL. She's one of the TH's that I mentally tune out :)

summer_breeze
05-22-2010, 06:36 AM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Family-of-Missing-Mom-Puts-up-Billboard-20100521-ktbcw

Updated: Friday, 21 May 2010, 9:38 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 21 May 2010, 5:43 PM CDT

The family of Julie Ann Gonzalez has put up a billboard in an effort to help find her. Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March 26.

cloudajo
05-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Thank you cloudajo! Mr. Fagerberg is acting exactly like a defense attn. I wouldn't expect anything less from him to be honest. He's playing on George's youth. (good defense tactic to attempt to create sympathy for his client)
JMHO
I have the feeling that using the phrase "I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph." In particular the word ignorance is going to be a learning lesson for him as a defense attn. IMHO the general public doesn't like to be referred to as ignorant. But then again it's JMHO.

LE and we are probably not going to get any more info from George. JMHO.

I know, I would expect it, but it just burns me up!

cloudajo
05-22-2010, 09:10 AM
May 21, 2010
Family of Missing Mom Puts up Billboard

The family of Julie Ann Gonzalez has put up a billboard in an effort to help find her. Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March 26.

[snipped]

"I never thought that I would have to see a family member up there," Dora Cooper, Gonzalez' aunt, tells FOX 7.

"We want people to see her face, to remember her face, and if they see her face maybe someone will say 'Hey, I do recall seeing that girl,'" Cooper said.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Family-of-Missing-Mom-Puts-up-Billboard-20100521-ktbcw

cloudajo
05-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Benefit BBQ

May 29th 12-4pm

To be held at Procare Automotive and Collision,
6430 Fairdale San Antonio, Tx 78218

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/EVENTS.html

Lexington
05-22-2010, 07:31 PM
I wonder where George is now. The last I heard (from the Dr. P Show) he was going into a mental health facility. Is he still there? His mother is surely not going to be a Cindy A. She is not totalling believing him and is telling him to tell the truth. Was George living with his mother when Julie disappeared and is it true that his mother was with him all the time as he stated on Dr. P? I can't see anyone but George being responsible for this. He seems to me to be very unstable. A first class nut.

Kat
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I wonder where George is now. The last I heard (from the Dr. P Show) he was going into a mental health facility. Is he still there? His mother is surely not going to be a Cindy A. She is not totalling believing him and is telling him to tell the truth. Was George living with his mother when Julie disappeared and is it true that his mother was with him all the time as he stated on Dr. P? I can't see anyone but George being responsible for this. He seems to me to be very unstable. A first class nut.

Hi lexington. As far as I know George was home the day of the airing of the second part of the 2 part show on Dr. P.

He was seen in pictures that day and someone will correct me but I think that was the day the supeona was executed at his Mother's home.

It is my understanding that is his Mother's house and from reading news reports it's possible that's where Julie lived as well while living with George? I could be wrong on that.

All JMHO.
He stated that she was with him the whole time. She neither confirmed or denyed that as I recall. I'm not sure she was or wasn't.

cloudajo
05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi lexington. As far as I know George was home the day of the airing of the second part of the 2 part show on Dr. P.

He was seen in pictures that day and someone will correct me but I think that was the day the supeona was executed at his Mother's home.

It is my understanding that is his Mother's house and from reading news reports it's possible that's where Julie lived as well while living with George? I could be wrong on that.

All JMHO.
He stated that she was with him the whole time. She neither confirmed or denyed that as I recall. I'm not sure she was or wasn't.

Kat, I believe you are correct. George was back home (and smiling for a picture) on May 14th when police searched the home he lives in with his mother (and possibly other relatives?). According to this report, this was Julie’s former home.

============

Austin police Friday searched the former home of a missing Austin woman.
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Police-search-former-home-of-missing-Austin-woman--93815849.html
However, two cars registered to the husband's relatives were towed away.

cloudajo
05-23-2010, 09:04 PM
No new info, just saw that the Austin Police Department finally posted a news release / statement on their website.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 14, 2010

Updated Statement regarding Julie Ann Gonzalez from the Austin Police Department

Today, the Austin Police Department conducted a search warrant at a residence on Garden Oaks Drive. The activity generated at this location cannot be discussed in detail at this time due to the continued and on-going investigation. Again, the Austin Police Department has not ruled anything out and we continue to look at all possible explanations for the disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez.

[snipped]

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/police/apd_news.htm

cloudajo
05-23-2010, 09:20 PM
As we know, George works as a security guard, I believe at a large office building in Austin.

Just curious and troubled thinking about that - I did a random search on security companies and one company mentions all security officers wear a full duty belt including handcuffs, flashlight, and communications, and that qualified officers may also carry a firearm, pepper spray, and/or an expandable baton.

BeanE
05-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Family steps up search for missing mom
Family rents billboard in hopes of finding mom
Updated: Monday, 24 May 2010, 8:46 AM CDT
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/kxan-austin-family-steps-up-search-for-missing-mom

Billboard brings more visibility to missing Austin woman
Updated yesterday at 10:54 PM
http://www.kvue.com/news/Billboard-brings-more-visibility-to-missing-Austin-woman-94704199.html

Dommienika
05-24-2010, 04:38 PM
As we know, George works as a security guard, I believe at a large office building in Austin.

Just curious and troubled thinking about that - I did a random search on security companies and one company mentions all security officers wear a full duty belt including handcuffs, flashlight, and communications, and that qualified officers may also carry a firearm, pepper spray, and/or an expandable baton.

Wow, I did not know that! Any idea of the ADDRESS of this office building? TIA...

cloudajo
05-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Wow, I did not know that! Any idea of the ADDRESS of this office building? TIA...

Not sure I'm allowed to post that?

suzyq211
05-25-2010, 07:01 AM

Hopefully LE has checked out this building as well as it's dumpster, perhaps the corresponding landfill :-( I doubt it, though.

Kat
05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Not sure I'm allowed to post that?

You can ask a mod cloudajo. I'm not sure offhand. I usually PM them to ask if I have a question about certain info I'm unsure of posting. Hope that helps.

Kimberlyd125
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
JVM covering this case now.

K9-Chaser
05-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I am looking at this case for the first time since seeing it on JVM. I wasn't able to tell what LE has used for resources on this case or if there was any evidence pointing to Julie Ann's husband other him being the last person to see her.

CathyinTexas
05-29-2010, 11:45 AM
JVM covering this case now.

New information was divulged. It seemed that all except the Mom assumed that Julie arrived with these two men seen by the neighbors. Julie's Mom said that the neighbors told her that the men were in George's back yard and that the dogs didn't bark, as they do when strangers arrive. The Mom must think that these men were friends of George and did something to Julie. This is all so strange.

cloudajo
05-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Friday, May 28, 2010 - Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell
Sandra Soto, Julie’s mom
Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, now representing De La Cruz
Mike Brooks, HLN Law Enforcement Analyst
Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor

[snipped]

FAGERBERG: Again, I think one of the big problems in this case is all of the misinformation. George`s neighbor, Jesse and Jesse Jr. -- and I don`t know if people know this, they saw Julie and two unidentified males at 2:30 at George`s house.

Police have interviewed Jesse and his father many times. So where we need to be concentrating our effort on who were those two people that saw Julie and were with Julie at 2:30 outside of George`s house.

SOTO: Ok, Patrick, let me ask you this --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hold it. One at a time.

SOTO: Let me ask you this, Patrick --

FAGERBERG: When people are saying that George was the last person to see Julie that is a misstatement.

MURPHY: That`s what he says publicly.
[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Sandra, we`re going to give you the last word here.

SOTO: George has that little dog that constantly barks. And you can ask Jesse Sr. about that. He mentioned this to us. He has a dog that constantly barks. He barks at everything. He barks at anybody that gets close to the house. Why is it that when these two guys went into George`s backyard the little dog did not bark? Could it be that the dog knew who these guys were? Could it be that the dog knows that these guys have been there before? Maybe George knows who these two guys are. Why don`t you try asking George?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/28/ijvm.01.html (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/28/ijvm.01.html)

cloudajo
05-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Time of Interest (3 separate references)

Friday, March 26, 2010
10-11:00AM
12:43PM
2:30PM

[Starting at -1:37]

[snipped]
But Wednesday before she disappeared, she was saying, "I`m ready to pick up my Layla. I miss her so much." And then the next one is just Friday at 12:43 p.m.; states, "I`m running away."

[snipped]
George`s neighbor, Jesse and Jesse Jr. -- and I don`t know if people know this, they saw Julie and two unidentified males at 2:30 at George`s house.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html (http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html)
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html)
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/28/ijvm.01.html (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/28/ijvm.01.html)

cloudajo
05-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Just noted from recent JVM transcript that Julie and George’s daughter L had asthma problems. Someone had asked about that previously when it was discussed that L‘s medicine was in Julie‘s car.

[snipped]
Julie has -- Julie puts L number one. And L has asthma problems. So Julie always made it a point to make sure that L had her medicine. Julie was a pharmacy tech at Walgreen`s. So she understood the importance of someone who needs --

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Were the keys in her car?
COOPER: No.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Was anything in the car? Her purse?
COOPER: L`s medicine, L`s car seat. Other little personal belongings.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html)

Kat
05-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Thank you so much for bringing a snip of the JVM show cloudajo. (I'm at a hotel and cant' access streaming media--something wrong with their access this weekend).

This is so very important and I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned until this far out in the case you know what I mean?

Plus the 2 witnesses. I have to think on this one for a bit.

crystalgenie
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I haven't found any news... Just bumping for Julie.

Kat
06-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Benefit Concert
JUNE 10th Thurs from 6-9
HILLS CAFE on Congress
with Sam Watkins & Fate Train, Larry Lange & the Lonely Knights & Ponte Bone & the Squeezetones .

summer_breeze
06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html

kvue.com
Posted on June 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Updated today at 5:32 PM

The family of a missing Austin woman is now offering $20,000 for information about her disappearance.

Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen more than ten weeks ago.

Now a neighbor says he watched Julie Ann drive up to her former home on Garden Oaks Drive the day she disappeared on March 26Th.

The neighbor said she was accompanied by two Hispanic men, who got out of the vehicle and walked to the backyard of the home without knocking on the door.

“She looked at me and I looked at her and I’m driving and thinking who are those guys? Who are those guys? Because here we look after each other,” said neighbor Jesse Corpus.

Corpus said he never saw the men before or anytime after.

crystalgenie
06-09-2010, 05:50 AM
The family of a missing Austin woman is now offering $20,000 for information about her disappearance.

Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen more than ten weeks ago.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html

cloudajo
06-09-2010, 09:40 AM
You can watch the neighbor on the video describing this...the neighbor said at 2PM he watched Julie Ann drive up in a Chevy Impala with the 2 hispanic men...I wish the reporter asked for more specifics.

[snipped]
Now a neighbor says he watched Julie Ann drive up to her former home on Garden Oaks Drive the day she disappeared on March 26Th.

The neighbor said she was accompanied by two Hispanic men, who got out of the vehicle and walked to the backyard of the home without knocking on the door.

“She looked at me and I looked at her and I’m driving and thinking who are those guys? Who are those guys? Because here we look after each other,” said neighbor Jesse Corpus.

[snipped]
Fagerberg maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html (http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html)

crystalgenie
06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
bumping for Julie

fuego
06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Did any of my fellow Central Texans make it to the benefit this evening? I couldn't go, but happened to pass by there en route to another place, and it looked packed. I hope they raised enough money for a private investigator to tell the family what's happened to Julie Ann...

Dommienika
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
You can watch the neighbor on the video describing this...the neighbor said at 2PM he watched Julie Ann drive up in a Chevy Impala with the 2 hispanic men...I wish the reporter asked for more specifics.

[snipped]

[snipped]
Fagerberg maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html (http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html)

I wonder what year that Chevy Impala is...

cluciano63
06-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Is LE doing anything in this case? Or does Texas just wait for bodies to turn up? There has been a number of bodies in the past month or so but no follow-up, at least not that I can find.

crystalgenie
06-23-2010, 05:33 AM
The messages on the website is just heart-breaking, especially from her mom.

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/MESSAGES.html

Kat
06-24-2010, 11:55 PM

(from link provided earlier by Cloudajo)

...George De La Cruz’s mother found a suspicious hole in the backyard shed a few weeks back. Neither she nor her son had seen it before, so she called police...

Of course, GDLC's defense attn offered his opinion on the hole but I tend to disregard Defense Attn's explanations on these matter. JMHO.

cloudajo
06-29-2010, 07:11 PM
June 28, 2010

The family of Julie Ann Gonzalez is seeking help finding their loved one from the family of Natalee Holloway. Gonzalez has been missing for more than three months.

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center launched earlier in June. It is named for the teen who disappeared in Aruba more than five years ago. The disappearance of 21-year-old, Julie Ann Gonzalez, is the first case from Central Texas for the Center.

Sandra Soto reached out to the center on Thursday in hopes of getting more attention on her missing daughter.

"I miss my daughter, I want to see her, I want to know where my daughter is,” Soto said. “We're a close family. Her daughter needs her."

[snipped]
Austin Police released a statement Monday saying they continue to look at all possible explanations for Gonzalez's disappearance.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Holloway-Family-Helping-Find-Missing-Mom-20100628-ktbcw

cloudajo
06-29-2010, 07:13 PM
That family is trying so hard...

BENEFIT

JULY 18, 2010

Verdes Mexican Parrilla
16018 Hamilton Pool Road
Austin, TX 78738-7401
www.verdesmexican.com (http://www.verdesmexican.com/)

More details coming soon!!

cloudajo
07-18-2010, 08:45 AM
July 15, 2010
Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell

Patrick Fagerberg, attorney for George de la Cruz
Sandra Soto, Julie’s mother

Fagerberg says that L (2 year old daughter of Julie and George) made an “outcry” to George’s mother that Sandra was hitting her in the face. Fagerberg says he advised them to not give Sandra anymore access to L and to take her to CPS. Sandra said it’s another scheme by George and CPS never investigated her.

There is hearing coming up on August 5th regarding custody of L.

=====
PATRICK FAGERBERG, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE DE LA CRUZ: [snipped]
When L**** came home and made an outcry that Sandra was hitting her in the face, I told my client to not give her access anymore to Sandra. The next day, my client took his daughter to Child Protective Services, where they did a forensic interview. And they determined through three different workers that her outcry was credible.
Since then, I told my family --
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok.
UM1: -- do not give her access. She -- apparently, Sandra has lawyered up and is trying to gain legal access.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, I`ve got to say this. We called child -- Texas Child Protective Services. They would not comment and the cops are saying nothing. We cannot independently confirm the serious charges.

[snipped]
SANDRA SOTO, JULIE ANN GONZALEZ`S MOM: Ridiculous. Ridiculous. It`s just another one of George`s schemes. Who -- let`s get to the facts really. Who is the one that is mentally unstable? Who is the one who failed a polygraph? Who is the one who has been hospitalized for trying to kill himself? I mean, let`s get real. Where is the truth?

CPS never investigated me. To tell you the truth, CPS said this is just what L**** said and we are backing out. They said there is not an investigation. We are not going to investigate you. There is no charges against you. There is nothing against you. You guys are just going to have to figure it out in court.

And so CPS backed out.

[snipped]
SOTO: No. The hearing is about custody of L****. That`s what the hearing is about. I am not --

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/15/ijvm.01.html (http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/15/ijvm.01.html)

Kat
07-18-2010, 05:47 PM
This is just a mess. Just a big mess. A custody battle for Julie's daughter, and in all that mess we have Julie missing too. :(

summer_breeze
07-18-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/kxan-austin-benefit-held-for-missing-mom

Police: Last seen at her estranged husband's house
Updated: Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 7:02 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 18 Jul 2010, 7:02 PM CDT

Family and friends of a missing Austin woman are still doing all they can to keep her story fresh in people's minds.

The effort continued Sunday with a $20.00 per-plate cookout in West Travis County.

cloudajo
07-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Video shows pics from yesterday's fundraising event held by family.

July 18, 2010
Family of missing woman says case has gone cold

An Austin family continues to raise awareness to help in the search for their 21-year old daughter who went missing nearly four months ago. A fundraiser was held today for the family of Julie Ann Gonzalez. It happened at a restaurant in Bee Cave. The family says the money will be used to pay legal expenses and raise awareness. Family members are now concerned the investigation has gone cold. "The police department has not shared anything with us, we've called them, we've tried to keep in touch with them, we've provided them with a lot of information, but they have yet to share anything with us or to let our family know about anything," said Dora Cooper, Julie Ann's aunt. Gonzalez went missing on March 26Th. She was supposed to meet her estranged husband and pick up their 2 year old daughter but she never showed up.

http://www.kvue.com/video/featured-videos/Gonzalez-family-says-case-of-missing-daughter-has-gone-cold-98717794.html

cloudajo
07-19-2010, 06:55 AM
This is just a mess. Just a big mess. A custody battle for Julie's daughter, and in all that mess we have Julie missing too. :(

Yes. She's been missing now for 115 days.

I sent an email to Austin PD and copied 2 news outlets, requesting an updated statement be released that outlines what's been done to-date, next steps, and what public can do to help.

Police3@ci.austin.tx.us
news@kvue.com
news@fox7.com

cloudajo
07-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Video shows benefit. Scroll down to read comments - Julie's mom posted twice. She says the PD says Julie's case is cold.

July 18, 2010
Benefit held for missing mom
Police: Last seen at her estranged husband's house

Family and friends of a missing Austin woman are still doing all they can to keep her story fresh in people's minds.

The effort continued Sunday with a $20.00 per-plate cookout in West Travis County.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. She was last seen at her estranged husband's house, her new car was found abandoned days later.
Since then her family has pulled out all the stops, putting together numerous fundraisers to keep paying private detectives for work on the case.

At one point they even rented out a billboard at I-35 and 290 and put Julie's picture on it.

Family members thank everyone helping to keep alive the search for Julie Ann.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/kxan-austin-benefit-held-for-missing-mom

summer_breeze
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.kvue.com/news/Husband-of-missing-woman-claims-harassment-98873619.html

kvue.com
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 5:35 PM
Updated today at 5:40 PM

The estranged husband of a missing Austin woman claims he is now the victim of harassment and vandalism.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, now has full custody of their two year old daughter, which has created a lot of tension between his family and hers.

cloudajo
07-22-2010, 06:51 AM
I could be wrong, but my first thought was that George might be behind this himself. Just remembering back to the alleged emails sent to Julie from George's "dead uncle" and the posts from Julie's mobile phone.

I worry about the daughter being with him too...

=====

July 20, 2010
Husband of missing woman claims harassment

The estranged husband of a missing Austin woman claims he is now the victim of harassment and vandalism.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, now has full custody of their two year old daughter, which has created a lot of tension between his family and hers.

Someone smashed in De La Cruz's car windshield with a brake disc. The vehicle was parked in front of his South Austin home. His attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, claims it is just one of several threatening actions against De La Cruz.

The act of criminal mischief happened after a custody hearing for his and Julie Ann’s two-year-old daughter.

“We feel whoever is doing this is retaliating. It’s for us not giving the family custody or access to Layla,” said Fagerberg.

De La Cruz is also receiving threatening emails and others are repeatedly driving by his south Austin home.

[snipped]

A custody hearing for the two year old is scheduled for August 5.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Husband-of-missing-woman-claims-harassment-98873619.html

cloudajo
07-25-2010, 10:28 AM
On website for Julie:

MOMMA said on Jul 22, 2010 2:45 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE! I WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE! I WANT TO HOLD YOU! WHY WOULD SOMEONE HURT YOU? YOU HAVE THE KINDEST HEART.YOU ARE EVERYTHING I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED.WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS TO YOU? I'm TRYING SO HARD TO ACCEPT. AND I DO. I JUST WANT TO KNOW . WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER????????

highwelder
08-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. Although it has been a while since I posted, I have been checking back constantly for any new hope of finding Julie. I have a daughter about the same age and have an idea of how hard it must be on her whole family. I quit posting because I realized all I had to offer was my feelings and my easy-chair conclusions. I so wish I was able to help get to the bottom of this, question George myself (physically if necessary!), wake up the APD, validate witness and camera sightings, etc. I do pray and try to keep hope alive. I also believe in Karma.

cloudajo
08-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. Although it has been a while since I posted, I have been checking back constantly for any new hope of finding Julie. I have a daughter about the same age and have an idea of how hard it must be on her whole family. I quit posting because I realized all I had to offer was my feelings and my easy-chair conclusions. I so wish I was able to help get to the bottom of this, question George myself (physically if necessary!), wake up the APD, validate witness and camera sightings, etc. I do pray and try to keep hope alive. I also believe in Karma.

Thanks for the post. I check too - I can't find any new info at all.

LotsaLatte
08-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Bumping it up for Julie.....very sad case. Anything new?

cloudajo
08-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Bumping it up for Julie.....very sad case. Anything new?

I can't find much at all. No news articles.

Some messages on her website from relatives and others, including people from Denmark as the Dr. Phil Show aired there I guess.

Looks like the Dr. Phil Show will air Julie's story again on Aug 19 & 20 (repeat).
http://www.drphil.com/shows/

I don't see anything new on the Find Julie Ann Gonzalez Facebook pages:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-JULIE-ANN-GONZALEZ/110537495644897?v=wall#!/pages/FIND-JULIE-ANN-GONZALEZ/110537495644897?v=wall

KaylynnCouture
08-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Praying for you Julie.

summer_breeze
08-16-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/apd%3A-estranged-husband-of-austin-missing-mom-prime-suspect-081610-ktbcw

Updated: Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 10:42 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 16 Aug 2010, 10:42 AM CDT

Austin, TX - Search warrants conducted by Austin Police list the estranged husband of an Austin missing woman as a prime suspect in her disappearance and possible death.

Police released the search warrants that they conducted on May 14 which show police searching George DeLaCruz's house, facebook account, myspace account and even his Yahoo email to find any clues of what may have occurred between him and Julie Ann Gonzalez.

TXHOPE
08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Search warrants implicate estranged husband in case of missing Austin mother
KVUE News
Posted on August 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Updated today at 5:54 PM
Article & Video:

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Search-warrants-reveal-new-details-in-case-of-missing-Austin-mother-100797514.html

cloudajo
08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Search warrants implicate estranged husband in case of missing Austin mother
KVUE News
Posted on August 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Updated today at 5:54 PM
Article & Video:

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Search-warrants-reveal-new-details-in-case-of-missing-Austin-mother-100797514.html

Thank you!

[snipped]
Monday, five search warrants were made public. All include the words "murder," "homicide," or "abduction."

In one warrant the detective states it is his belief "George DeLaCruz committed the offense of murder."

Police searched DeLaCruz's South Austin home on May 14 and carried out bags of items and towed two vehicles.

The search warrants reveal what police were looking for: blood, bone fragments, and human tissue.

Among the items listed are XBox games and baby products DeLaCruz was allegedly shown on camera purchasing from a Wal-Mart with Gonzalez's debit card the day she went missing. Police say the card was used two more times that day at different McDonald's locations.

cloudajo
08-16-2010, 08:03 PM
KXAN - Aug 16, 2010

[snipped]

As the investigation continued, detectives found financial records that showed a Wal-Mart purchase at 2:20pm on March 26th using Gonzalez’s debit card. Video still shots from surveillance show a male similar in description to DeLaCruz pushing a child in a shopping cart. The young girl appears to be the daughter of Gonzalez and DeLaCruz.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/warrants-focus-on-missing-mom's-husband

cloudajo
08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I wonder if George has their daughter now...I think there was to be a hearing on Aug 5th.

cloudajo
08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Aug 16, 2010
MyFox Austin

APD: Estranged Husband of Austin Missing Mom Prime Suspect

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/apd%3A-estranged-husband-of-austin-missing-mom-prime-suspect-081610-ktbcw

Kat
08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Aug 16, 2010
MyFox Austin

APD: Estranged Husband of Austin Missing Mom Prime Suspect

snipped from link

"According to police, they found a rope and a latex glove in one car, and collected dirt from one of the wheels. Inside his home they took swabs of what may be blood and collected clothing, including a t-shirt with possible blood on it.

Police also found items in De La Cruz's home that he may have purchased at Wal-Mart with Gonzalez's debit card the day she disappeared. Surveillance photos from a bank inside Wal-Mart show a man that matches De La Cruz's description."

cloudajo
08-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Wait, am I ready this correctly? They found Julie's iPhone, wallet, and purse in George's home in May? Or is it a mistake and they mean those were the things they were looking for during the search?

[snipped]
In May investigators searched George Delacruz’s home. Details of the search were just released Monday. The search warrant states police believe Delacruz murdered Gonzalez.

The warrant says investigators found blood and evidence of violent trauma, Gonzalez’s iPhone, wallet, purse and other personal property belonging to Gonzalez.

Gonzalez's boyfriend said the last time he saw her was March 26.

[snipped]
Monday police released a statement saying investigators will not discuss the investigation including why Delacruz is not in custody.

http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=83515

Kat
08-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Yup you read that right Cloudajo. Good catch.

I was still blown away that he went shopping for x-box games with her debit card. (along with things for the baby).

The hole in the bottom of the shed-I hope they brought in cadaver dogs and I can't remember if they did or didn't. I know they had dogs though.

cloudajo
08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I pulled this info from my notes and added the Walmart time. Do you think the warrants will be posted online?

Mar 26
12:43PM
Per Julie’s aunt Dora, a message was posted on either Julie’s Myspace or Facebook that said, "I`m running away."

2:20PM
As the investigation continued, detectives found financial records that showed a Wal-Mart purchase at 2:20pm on March 26th using Gonzalez’s debit card. Video still shots from surveillance show a male similar in description to DeLaCruz pushing a child in a shopping cart. The young girl appears to be the daughter of Gonzalez and DeLaCruz.
Apr 7
Julie’s credit card used by person at Best Buy in Austin to purchase a PG-rated movie called Spiderwick Chronicles.

Kat
08-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I have seen warrants posted online in Dallas. I can't remember ever seeing them posted on line elsewhere in Texas though. (Not Austin or EP).

I hope they do. I just can't say for sure cloudajo.

cloudajo
08-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Estranged husband named a 'person of interest' in wife's disappearance
Published: 8:55 p.m. Monday, Aug. 16, 2010

[snipped]
De La Cruz, who did not return a message left on his home phone and whose lawyer did not return a call for comment, has not been charged with a crime. According to police, De La Cruz has been interviewed in the past but is no longer cooperating with the investigation. His and Gonzalez's daughter, Layla, is being looked after by De La Cruz's family, according to Sandra Soto, Gonzalez's mother.

[snipped]
The case shifted into a homicide investigation as police discovered clues that suggested a voluntary disappearance was unlikely, officials said. They discovered a love letter from Gonzalez to her boyfriend, written on the morning of her disappearance, telling him how happy she was with him.

[snipped]
Cooper said that Gonzalez and De La Cruz "had a little bit of a volatile relationship. He was not wanting to get out of the marriage, and she was."

[snipped]
In May, De La Cruz's mother, who lives at the same address, showed police a large hole that had been dug underneath the wooden floor of a large storage shed in the backyard, according to police documents. She said she discovered it May 4 and that it was not there when her ex-husband built the shed years earlier.

"Her account of same contradicted what (De La Cruz) told (detectives) in a previous interview, where he explained that it had been dug by the previous owners for plumbing purposes," the document says.

[snipped]
Police did recover two cell phones

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/estranged-husband-named-a-person-of-interest-in-863091.html

cloudajo
08-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Lawyer: Husband of missing Texas woman has 'watertight alibi'
August 18, 2010 11:22 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The husband of a Texas woman missing since March has a "completely watertight alibi" on the day his estranged wife disappeared, his lawyer said Wednesday.

"If anyone would look at the timeline of the day that Julie Ann disappeared and the timeline my client has provided from morning till night, it is physically impossible that he had anything to do with her disappearance," the attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, said. "It is a completely watertight alibi everywhere he was."

[snipped]
Her car, which was almost brand new, was found abandoned outside a Walgreen's drug store. Gonzalez worked as a pharmacy technician at another Walgreen's. And Gonzalez has not accessed her bank account since her disappearance, but someone used her credit card to purchase the movie "The Spiderwick Chronicles" at a store in Austin, her mother said.

Fagerberg said De La Cruz was the one who purchased the movie. He said he spent three hours with detectives Tuesday, "going over the warrants and giving the logical, innocent explanation for some things in those warrants which may appear incriminating on the surface."

summer_breeze
08-19-2010, 08:04 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/18/texas.missing.mom/

By the CNN Wire Staff
August 18, 2010 11:22 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The husband of a Texas woman missing since March has a "completely watertight alibi" on the day his estranged wife disappeared, his lawyer said Wednesday.

jessicat
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
So it was George who used the debit card? I feel for this family but most of all I worry for that little girl. If it was George who used the debit card why did he just not say so when he was on TV all those times? If he has nothing to hide that is...very sad case. I hope for a resolution soon for the family.

Kat
08-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I thought it was said a woman purchased the movie at best buy. Who was with Geo. when he bought the movie? Or were they mistaken?

mtrooper
08-19-2010, 05:15 PM
This story was just on the Dr. Phil show. George is supposed to be going to take a poly and the results will be on tomorrow.

KaylynnCouture
08-19-2010, 06:09 PM
This story was just on the Dr. Phil show. George is supposed to be going to take a poly and the results will be on tomorrow.

I'm not positive, but I think that might be an old episode.

summer_breeze
08-19-2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20014121-504083.html

August 19, 2010 1:23 PM
Julie Ann Gonzalez Update: Husband George De La Cruz Named "Person of Interest" in Disappearance
Posted by Carlin DeGuerin Miller

AUSTIN, Texas (CBS) A little over three months after Julie Ann Gonzalez was reported missing by her aunt, recently released court documents reveal that Austin police have been investigating her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, as a person of interest in the case since early May, and turned up some potentially incriminating evidence while serving a search warrant that same month.

CathyinTexas
08-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I am in the Austin area, and have been following this case. I am shocked that we are now hearing that police had forensic evidence in May, and believe that De La Cruz murdered Julie Ann Gonzales, and they have not arrested him. What more could they possibly need? How could they leave that baby girl with someone they highly suspect of murder, and who tried to kill himself before? She should be with her mother's family.

cloudajo
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm not positive, but I think that might be an old episode.

Yes, it's a repeat.

cloudajo
08-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I am in the Austin area, and have been following this case. I am shocked that we are now hearing that police had forensic evidence in May, and believe that De La Cruz murdered Julie Ann Gonzales, and they have not arrested him. What more could they possibly need? How could they leave that baby girl with someone they highly suspect of murder, and who tried to kill himself before? She should be with her mother's family.

Totally agree. It's not right.

cloudajo
08-19-2010, 09:59 PM
I thought it was said a woman purchased the movie at best buy. Who was with Geo. when he bought the movie? Or were they mistaken?

Right. Not sure what's up with that. I pulled this out from Jane Valez-Mitchell show that aired last night, but the video clip shown was from a previous show with the aunt.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SOTO: There was one credit card purchase.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What was that for?

SOTO: It was purchased at Best Buy. They showed me the video and they asked me to identify the person who used the credit card and it was not her. It was a female but it is not her. Julie is five feet tall, very petite, not long-legged. The person who was on the video was obviously not Julie.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/18/ijvm.01.html

cloudajo
08-19-2010, 10:01 PM
What's this about "keys" to Julie's car?

Julie Ann Gonzalez Update: Husband George De La Cruz Named "Person of Interest" in Disappearance

[snipped]

De La Cruz's attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, refutes the reports and suspicions against his client saying that De La Cruz has a "watertight alibi" "from morning till night" for the day that Gonzalez went missing, according to CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/18/texas.missing.mom/).

As for the debit card and keys to the abandoned car Fagerberg told the news channel that "there [is] an innocent explanation for everything that happened that day."

JLMcKenna83
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
What's this about "keys" to Julie's car?

[snipped]

De La Cruz's attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, refutes the reports and suspicions against his client saying that De La Cruz has a "watertight alibi" "from morning till night" for the day that Gonzalez went missing, according to CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/18/texas.missing.mom/).

As for the debit card and keys to the abandoned car Fagerberg told the news channel that "there [is] an innocent explanation for everything that happened that day."

bbm...
Oh isn't there always?!? >eye roll<

Kat
08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Right. Not sure what's up with that. I pulled this out from Jane Valez-Mitchell show that aired last night, but the video clip shown was from a previous show with the aunt.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SOTO: There was one credit card purchase.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What was that for?

SOTO: It was purchased at Best Buy. They showed me the video and they asked me to identify the person who used the credit card and it was not her. It was a female but it is not her. Julie is five feet tall, very petite, not long-legged. The person who was on the video was obviously not Julie.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/18/ijvm.01.html

Thank you cloudajo. At first I thought to myself did George dress up like a woman and try to pass himself off as Julie? (only for about 1.5 seconds, then I got tickled at myself).

I have no doubt though that he was using that debit to create a papertrail but he wasn't smart enough to realize that he would be on camera in each store. :no: JMHO.

cloudajo
08-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Thank you cloudajo. At first I thought to myself did George dress up like a woman and try to pass himself off as Julie? (only for about 1.5 seconds, then I got tickled at myself).

I have no doubt though that he was using that debit to create a papertrail but he wasn't smart enough to realize that he would be on camera in each store. :no: JMHO.

Actually, he seems odd enought to do something like that.

One article mentions he has 2 sisters. Not sure if this is one of the sisters in the video at 2nd link starting at about 2:17 standing near George and his mother, from when LE went to his house with the search warrant.

However, two cars registered to the husband's relatives were towed away.
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Search-Continues-for-Missing-Mom-20100514-ktbcw (http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Search-Continues-for-Missing-Mom-20100514-ktbcw)

fhc
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I went to open Julie's FB page and my security software went crazy. There were 12 viruses including Malware & Trojans, eeekkkk, be careful.

cloudajo
08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
I went to open Julie's FB page and my security software went crazy. There were 12 viruses including Malware & Trojans, eeekkkk, be careful.

If I do a google search on "find julie ann gonzalez" the first link is to the FB page setup by her family. I notice that if I search on "facebook find julie ann gonzalez" I get a different link which may be the one causing a problem?

Not sure, but anyway, I had no issues with the FB page. There are a lot of photos of Julie Ann and daughter L posted on the wall by her family, and a really cute video of her and L posted on Aug 15th (go to "older posts" on the wall).

cloudajo
09-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Benefit Concert - Julie Ann Gonzalez Foundation
Sunday, Sep 26 1:00p to 9:00p
at Ghost Room, Austin, TX

TICKETS AT THE DOOR - $10.00. This benefit concert is for a missing woman in Austin, Texas, JULIE ANN GONZALEZ. She has been missing since March of 2010 and there has been national publicity with this case. The family is having a benefit concert to raise money and awareness for this crime.

Price: 10.00
Phone: (512) 879-4472
Age Suitability: 18 and up

http://events.austin360.com/austin-tx/events/show/142399585-benefit-concert-julie-ann-gonzalez-foundation

Kat
09-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Come home soon Julie.

Canadian4
09-11-2010, 05:25 AM
A benefit at "the ghost room", kinda odd but oh well. They are hoping to raise money and awareness for the crime. I wonder if the money will be used as a reward for information leading to this poor mom Julie.

cloudajo
09-11-2010, 10:19 AM
A benefit at "the ghost room", kinda odd but oh well. They are hoping to raise money and awareness for the crime. I wonder if the money will be used as a reward for information leading to this poor mom Julie.

The Ghost Room is a club / live music venue in Austin.
http://theghostroom.com/home.html

They've raised $20,000 for the reward so far. From the family's website setup for Julie:

Please understand that the benefits we hold are to raise money to help aid in the search for Julie- along with emotional burden of missing a loved one there is a big financial burden to help find them. The cost to obtain a private investigator, print fliers and other misc things that come can make this nightmare even more stressful. If you cant make it but would like to make a donation please go to the website and click on the donation page. Anything helps - it all adds up!
God bless and thank you.

cloudajo
09-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Blog written by Julie's cousin.

There is a picture of Julie and I think her boyfriend taken one week before she went missing. She looks really happy, I feel so bad for her.

Read the follow up comments too.

http://people.bakersfield.com/home/Blog/AnaMartinez/60283/

jessicat
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know if the blood they found in Georges house has been tested? Surely it has. Or are the police just not releasing that evidence? Also I know Julies mom I believe was going to court to try to gain custody of the baby. What was the outcome on that? I never see anything in the media about this. So sad.

cloudajo
09-15-2010, 11:43 PM
George's attorney was on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell tonight. I missed it but the transcript is posted. Starts about 1/2 down the page. Umm, right, sure that happened.

[snipped]

FAGERBERG: He wakes up in the morning. His older sister takes his two younger sisters to school. She comes back at about 8:45. He then takes his older sister to school, comes back home and prepares L for Julie Ann Gonzalez to pick her up.

Julie Ann Gonzalez shows up at about 10:45, 11:00, and at that point decides not to take L and asked George if he could keep her for the weekend and she would pick her up sometime later.

George says, "That`s fine. What`s wrong?" She says, "I have things to do." George then asks Julie Ann, "Would you go to Wal-mart and buy some diapers and wet wipes, because I don`t have it. I`m broke." She says, "I don`t have time, but take my credit card, or debit card and I will get it from you later in the afternoon." George says, "Fine."

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigators say they searched George`s house and an affiliate, a CBS affiliate is also reporting that a search warrant shows they collected droplets of blood, human tissue, hair and fibers and that there were signs of an altercation. What do you say to that?

FAGERBERG: No. That`s incorrect. Because if you look at the search warrant, what the search warrant is looking for on any homicide case, they`re looking for blood droplets, they`re looking for tissue. That`s what they`re looking for. They didn`t find any of that.

More at link: http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/15/ijvm.01.html

Patty G
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOY-ROSfGA

jessicat
09-16-2010, 10:23 AM
If they were having problems to the point that Julie usually had someone go with her to pick up and drop off their daughter then why on earth would she just hand over her debit card to him? That would mean he would have a PIN number etc and I just don't think Julie would have done that if everything we have heard thus far is correct regarding their relationship. I will say that I did agree with the atty's that the atty for George should not have said much as now his client is "boxed" into that alibi. Did I hear right that one of the commentators said she could have just "runaway"? Or was I dreaming that? Uh uh no way has she just run off..at least not in my opinion.

Kat
09-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Where are you Julie?

I wish LE would have or would still search the trash landfill.

Bratislava
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Fagerberg's story misses something, mainly what Julie Ann's mental state would be with respect to the man who would sign her divorce papers..... Why on earth would Julie Ann give her credit card to a man who was making her jump through every hoop to get out of a relationship with him? Why would she suddenly trust him and have a buddy-buddy talk (like the one described by Fagerberg) with him and say she would just be back later to pick up her credit card? Did he use her credit card at McDonald's? If not, then obviously he had some cash to spare. So then why did he need her credit card? How broke was he? And what is broke in this man's head?

Just my opinion, of course.

justthinkin
09-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Fagerberg's client is lying. How many of us here are mothers? If we had an ex, and wanted that ex to keep our child longer wouldn't we bring extra diapers, videos, and spare clothing? Of course we would. End of argument!

justthinkin
09-17-2010, 09:08 PM
George's attorney was on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell tonight. I missed it but the transcript is posted. Starts about 1/2 down the page. Umm, right, sure that happened.

[snipped]

FAGERBERG: He wakes up in the morning. His older sister takes his two younger sisters to school. She comes back at about 8:45. He then takes his older sister to school, comes back home and prepares L for Julie Ann Gonzalez to pick her up.

Julie Ann Gonzalez shows up at about 10:45, 11:00, and at that point decides not to take L and asked George if he could keep her for the weekend and she would pick her up sometime later.

George says, "That`s fine. What`s wrong?" She says, "I have things to do." George then asks Julie Ann, "Would you go to Wal-mart and buy some diapers and wet wipes, because I don`t have it. I`m broke." She says, "I don`t have time, but take my credit card, or debit card and I will get it from you later in the afternoon." George says, "Fine."

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigators say they searched George`s house and an affiliate, a CBS affiliate is also reporting that a search warrant shows they collected droplets of blood, human tissue, hair and fibers and that there were signs of an altercation. What do you say to that?

FAGERBERG: No. That`s incorrect. Because if you look at the search warrant, what the search warrant is looking for on any homicide case, they`re looking for blood droplets, they`re looking for tissue. That`s what they`re looking for. They didn`t find any of that.

More at link: http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/15/ijvm.01.html

Re this timeline, George had plenty of time to kill Julie and put her body in the shed to be disposed of later, and drive her car over to the Walgreen's lot, and walk back or have a friend drive him. 5 hours--that ought to be plenty of time.

Perhaps the hole in the shed came about by George digging up earth that contained decomp fluids.

justthinkin
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
George said Julie Ann left his residence at 11:00am on March 26, 2010. Let us suppose for a minute that that is when she left, but perhaps in the trunk of her own car with George driving.

This might offer clues as to her location. At 2:20pm on that same day, George was captured on video in a Walmart store with 2 of his sisters and his daughter. We know he used Julie's debit card there for purchasing a video and diapers.

My guess is that George picked up the sisters from school, and then went to Walmart without first taking his sisters home. It just seems logical, and also would serve the purpose of giving George the time to explain to them why he still had his daughter, and to compose himself though they may have been unaware of any composing going on on his part. It may have provided a chance for him to morph back into his every day role as brother George once more before taking the girls home. JMO

Do we know what time they got out of school? Was it possibly 2:00pm? If so, that would have given George 3 hours to drive somewhere, possibly dump or bury Julie, disposing of her body, that is, if she was not placed for a time in the hole in the shed behind his mother's house. He could have then driven to the Walgreen's on Stassney, parked her car, and walked home to wait for the time to go pick up his sisters from school.

I think there is a good chance after parking the car, he could have then walked into the Walgreen's so as not to arouse suspicion, maybe even purchased something, and then walked out, and walked off in the direction of his mother's house. This is just a guess on my part, and something that LE would probably not disclose if they did know that's what he did. It makes sense to me that's what he may have done since he was stupid enough to go to the Walmart and use Julie's debit card the same day she disappeared.

He certainly didn't announce to the police that he used Julie's card when first confronted about her disappearance! No, he waited until the police came to him, and told him they had him on video.

fuego
09-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't know how old the sisters are, but assuming no holidays/half-days/etc., the earliest release time for schools in Austin is 2:45, and that's for (most) elementary schools. It's later for middle and high schools.

justthinkin
09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't know how old the sisters are, but assuming no holidays/half-days/etc., the earliest release time for schools in Austin is 2:45, and that's for (most) elementary schools. It's later for middle and high schools.

That's what I thought, but wasn't it about 2:30pm that he was captured on video at the Walmart with the sisters in tow or at least 2 of them?

cloudajo
10-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Julie Ann's case file added to Charley Project on Sep 30th: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gonzalez_julie.html

NAMUS Report (Case #5745)
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/5745

cloudajo
10-02-2010, 03:34 PM
That's what I thought, but wasn't it about 2:30pm that he was captured on video at the Walmart with the sisters in tow or at least 2 of them?

Below mentions Walmart video. Not sure if Fagerberg was implying the sisters went with him to Walmart or if he picked them up/dropped them off before going to Walmart.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/warrants-focus-on-missing-mom's-husband

Fagerberg (George's attorney) maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

cloudajo
10-26-2010, 07:25 AM
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH - 2PM - MIDNIGHT
JULIE ANN GONZALEZ FOUNDATION
BENEFIT CONCERT AT CADILLAC BAR

Tickets At The Door - $15.00
212 S Flores St
San Antonio, TX 78204-1011
(210) 223-5533

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/default.html

watergirl
12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
-snip-

Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March. After several months with no answers, Gonzalez’s mother, Sandra Soto, is turning to a private investigator for help.

Sosa is now earning extra money selling homemade tamales to pay for the private investigator. She says she needs additional help because Austin Police aren’t doing enough.

"The Austin Police Department is not sharing any information with me. I don't know what they're doing,” she said. “I don't know if they're looking. I don't know if they're not looking. I don't know anything.”

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/275552/mother-of-missing-woman-still-searching-for-answers

her poor mama...

cloudajo
12-09-2010, 09:05 PM
-snip-

Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, has been missing since March. After several months with no answers, Gonzalez’s mother, Sandra Soto, is turning to a private investigator for help.

Sosa is now earning extra money selling homemade tamales to pay for the private investigator. She says she needs additional help because Austin Police aren’t doing enough.

"The Austin Police Department is not sharing any information with me. I don't know what they're doing,” she said. “I don't know if they're looking. I don't know if they're not looking. I don't know anything.”

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/275552/mother-of-missing-woman-still-searching-for-answers

her poor mama...

Thanks. I feel so bad for her family. They have this posted on the website now.

TAMALE SALES
GOING ON NOW!!!
proceeds will go to finding Julie Ann Gonzalez
this will assist in attorney fee's & private investigator fees.
$8 /dz
spicy or regular
pork
PRE ORDER - BY CALLING SANDRA SOTO 512-903-6204
EMAIL- findjuliegonzalez@yahoo.com (findjuliegonzalez@yahoo.com)
WILL DELIVER IN AUSTIN AREA.

watergirl
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks. I feel so bad for her family. They have this posted on the website now.

TAMALE SALES
GOING ON NOW!!!
proceeds will go to finding Julie Ann Gonzalez
this will assist in attorney fee's & private investigator fees.
$8 /dz
spicy or regular
pork
PRE ORDER - BY CALLING SANDRA SOTO 512-903-6204
EMAIL- findjuliegonzalez@yahoo.com (findjuliegonzalez@yahoo.com)
WILL DELIVER IN AUSTIN AREA.

mmmm tamales... time to stock up.

Kat
12-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I definately would fill my freezer with homemade tamales if I could too watergirl!

Come home soon Julie

Texas Mist
12-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks JVM for covering Julie Ann's case!

She just said that Julie Ann's mom has talked w/ her more than LE has talked to her.

Julie Ann's mom has hired her own priv.inv....she said George "knows" where Julie Ann is - he was last one to see her...JVM cut her off & went on to say they needed to get George & his atty on to tell their side.

Bratislava
12-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Poor Julie Ann. It sounds like LE has almost completely fallen from the face of the planet where this case is concerned.

cloudajo
12-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks JVM for covering Julie Ann's case!

She just said that Julie Ann's mom has talked w/ her more than LE has talked to her.

Julie Ann's mom has hired her own priv.inv....she said George "knows" where Julie Ann is - he was last one to see her...JVM cut her off & went on to say they needed to get George & his atty on to tell their side.

Here's the link to the JVM transcript (starts about 1/2 way down):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1012/14/ijvm.01.html (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1012/14/ijvm.01.html)

[snipped]

Julie`s mom is furious. She says she has talked to me right here live on ISSUES more than she has talked to the cops. Tonight, we learn she has hired a private investigator to try to find her daughter.

Straight out to Sandra Soto, Julie`s desperate mom.

Sandra, why did you decide to hire your own private eye?

SANDRA SOTO, MOTHER OF JULIE ANN GONZALEZ: Because I still don`t have any answers. Here we are going on nine months. And the term "cold" has just been, you know, used so loosely from the police department. Every time I talk to them, you know, it just -- it just makes me mad that they use the term "cold." You know, it took them six weeks to investigate the disappearance into my daughter, into -- 4 1/2 months into her disappearance they started to use the word a cold." That only gives them three months of actual investigating. How can a case go cold after three months of investigating? You know...

Kat
12-27-2010, 05:12 AM
I was thinking of Julie and her family over Christmas.

Her baby girl had to have Christmas without her Mommy.

APD needs to bring Julie home.

cluciano63
01-24-2011, 12:35 PM
It looks like NG will be covering Julie's case tonight on the Missing Persons show.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Julie's case on Nancy Grace, America's Missing starting now!

Texas Mist
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Julie Ann's mom has a good point about her not leaving L's meds w/ her because she is a pharmacy tech (my opinion on what she said)

Asked what she thinks happened to Julie Ann - she thinks Gge. set it up for Julie Ann to disappear so she wouldn't be in his way anymore.

cluciano63
01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
George just seems so "not very smart"; Michael Board, on NG (a reporter) just said he is a dangerous psychotic, off his meds...
Yet somehow he managed to hide Julie so well in a short period of time and she has never been found.
What do police need? He last saw her, blood in home, he used her debit card...Geez...

cloudajo
01-25-2011, 08:40 AM
January 24, 2011
Julie Ann Gonzalez: Nancy Grace America's Missing

Video snippet from show at link.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/24/julie-ann-gonzalez-nancy-grace-america%E2%80%99s-missing/

Kat
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree clu.

I don't think it takes smarts though to do as he did. Then again I don't see KC as intelligent in any way. If she had been intelligent she would have done as I think Geo did and it's a gamble but it's done far more than we think IMHO.

IMHO I wouldn't be surprised if Julie's body was put into a dumpster that belongs to one of the stores either across the street from the Walgreens or IIRC the walgreens at which her car was found, the one within walking distance to Geo's house, is located on a corner lot. Up the street from that Walgreens is also a couple of large businesses.

IMHO she was disposed/dumped in one of those. Pick up happened fairly quickly and no one noticed. It's a chance a lot of murders take, IMHO a lot of missing children are in landfills.

Geo IMHO put her in dumpster, drove car over to walgreens and then walked home.

The question was brought up where was baby? Baby could have very well be left in a locked room or asleep. If he did as I am speculating and theorizing---anyone that can murder the parent of their child---I wouldn't be surprised if they left a child unattended for 30 to 45 mins max.

All JMHO. I think that LE should have searched that landfill. Too late now.

All just speculation. Theory about G

Kat
02-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Bump

Prayers for Julie Ann and her daughter and family.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Showing this case on Nancy Grace America's Missing again right now.

MorenoI
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Prayers for Julie Ann safe Return!

cloudajo
03-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Julie Ann's mom posted a sweet message on the website setup for her. It will be one year on March 26 that Julie Ann disappeared.

March 8, 2011

My Sweet Daughter, I write to you all of the time.My hope is that one day you will be found and you will read about the time we lost together.I am trying to keep your story going.The anniversary of your disappearance is coming up. I figure I could sit here and cry about the time we have lost. Or, I can look at each day as a blessing.

[snipped]

cloudajo
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Pic of Julie Ann with her daughter:

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/vp/JS-Lib/CustomerSites/Common/view_larger.htm?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.julieanngonza lez.com%2F517_500_csupload_19140310.jpg%3Fu%3D2560 426770

Other pics of Julie Ann:

http://www.julieanngonzalez.com/PICTURES--PLEASE-VIEW-.html

Kat
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM
It's a crying shame that in the second decade of the 21st century that a young vibrant woman and mother can be murdered and disposed of and her blood and signs of violence can be found in her child's father's home where she was last known to be seen---and he's out walking around and because he lies his butt off (failed a LDT---results read on national TV) he probably won't be doing any time or face any charges because her body hasn't been found.

That makes me so angry especially having looked at those pictures of Julie Ann and her daughter at the links that Cloudajo provided.

It stinks! JMHO

writer7
03-15-2011, 12:49 AM
OMG. I didn't know about this case before, but I read the whole thing and many articles. IMO, it was a hit, and the neighbor really did see the two other guys involved.

Look at the timeline for that:

George says she always came after all of his sisters are squared away at school. So he has until after school time to do this. (facts)

Nearing 10:00 or 11:00, he calls her (in my scenario -- not a fact) to create some emergency with the baby.

She doesn't pick up the baby with her usual protection with her (fact).

She is seen around 2:00 (I'll get the exact quote in a minute) driving up with 2 latino males. (fact). This was part of the 'emergency' rouse; they have been trying to find George and the baby, as far as Julie knows -- my theory. Maybe they were in the backyard when she arrived earlier, acting like they were looking to help with the emergency, too. So they all went together to look, or to ride to the hospital, etc. Or George got her to 'pick up the baby' at Walgreens and that's where the 3 got together..

The males enter the house from the back. George's dog doesn't bark; knows them (fact, according to neighbor).

She is never seen again.

2:30, George has his sisters and the baby, very soon after school is out, and they are proveably at Walmart shopping with him. They aren't at the house... (fact)... yet?. George's alibi is established because he used her debit card! He knew they'd look at those tapes.

I don't know what time he got home with the baby and his sisters, but presumably the 2 men were gone by then, too, having taken the body, in my theory.

Maybe that's why her car keys were still around. The men may have put them where George wasn't aware that they were still in his house. Or Julie might have hidden them in there, if she figured out what was going on once she was inside!

I swear I think it was a hit he set up :(

writer7
03-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Links regarding above post:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UdNXjZgVm9MJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/11/ijvm.01.html+julie+ann+gonzalez+neighbor+two+hispa nic+males&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

PATRICK FAGERBERG, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE DE LA CRUZ: Well, Jane, let me start by saying that again, there`s still misinformation. Everybody keeps saying that George was the last person to see her, that`s not true. Jesse Corpus the neighbor had talked to police three times; gave them this story exactly.

He said at 2:00 on Friday, before he goes to pick up his wife, he unlocks his gate, backs his car out and while he was doing this, he saw Julie Ann Gonzalez drive up in the late model Chevy Malibu. She never left the car.

He saw two Hispanic males get out, walk directly to the back of the house. Did not knock on the door, did not knock on his two front door; did not knock on either door. Went to the back, it took him about five minutes to close the gates before he drove off. He drove off, looked at Julie directly in the eye and waved at her and she acknowledged him. He drove off.

So I want to get one thing really clear. Jesse Corpus is a very, very credible man and his story has never changed. So she was spotted at 2:00 at George`s house, with two Hispanic males.

cloudajo
03-20-2011, 10:27 AM
From Facebook:

Prayer Vigil for Julie Ann Gonzalez - Saturday, March 26 · 12:00pm - 3:00pm

Location State of Texas Capitol Building
1100 Congress Avenue
Austin, TX

Your presence is requested to attend a prayer vigil for Julie Ann Gonzalez. March 26,2011 marks the one year anniversary of Julie Ann's disappearance. We are holding this gathering to celebrate her life and lift her in spirit. Our gathering will be a positive peaceful gathering of friends and family. We are proud of everyone who has reached out to us and offered support in our time of need. We continue to work towards findin...g answers about Julie Ann's disappearance. Please join us at the State Capitol on the Capitol steps. Help us show Julie Ann, my daughter, that no matter where she is we love and miss her so much! God bless us! Thank You. Sincerely, Sandra Soto Mother of Julie Ann Gonzalez

http://www.facebook.com/findjuliegonzalez#!/event.php?eid=107342732681314

Dommienika
03-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Some information that is new to me, such as, latex gloves and a rope in George's trunk, some items (presumably of evidenciary value) were found in George's laundry room, etc. Of course, this may be mis-information but it is still new to me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/14/ng.03.html

Also, I agree with Sandra Soto, Julie Ann's mother. Will I get in trouble for speculating? I don't think that George did this alone. As stated before, a reliable neighbor witnessed two men at George's house. I believe that these two men helped George take Julie Ann away (alive or not)...

Who were George's friends? Who are his family? Where do/did they live? Did the police identify the two men at George's house? The car was a Chevy Malibu? Didn't Julie Ann have a Chevy Impala?

All my opinion only.

Dommienika
03-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Not surprising results on the Forensic Astrology but wishing the police could find Julie Ann and hold the one(s) responsible accountable! Poor Layla (Julie Ann's daughter)...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only - # 2

Dommienika
03-24-2011, 10:21 AM
This statement was issued after the search warrant was executed...

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/police/downloads/051410_updated_statement_julie_gonzalez.pdf

Snipped and bolded by me...

"As of yet, we have not received information or uncovered any evidence to help locate Julie Ann Gonzalez or any help to clarify the circumstances under which she disappeared."

summer_breeze
03-24-2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Austin-Mom-Still-Missing-1-Year-Later-20110324-ktbcw#

Updated: Thursday, 24 Mar 2011, 6:04 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 24 Mar 2011, 6:04 PM CDT

It has been almost a year since Austin mother Julie Ann Gozalez disappeared. Her family says they are working hard to make sure the search continues.

cloudajo
03-26-2011, 07:47 AM
1 year. My thoughts are with Julie Ann and her family.

============

It's been nearly a year to the day and still no sign of missing Austin woman and mom, Julie Ann Gonzalez. (http://weareaustin.com/search-results?q=Julie+Ann+Gonzalez&btnG=Site+Search&client=search_weareaustin&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=search_weareaustin&sort=date%3AD%3AS%3Ad1&limitstart=&entqr=3&entsp=a__date_biasing&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&site=nxd_weareaustin_articles)

As the days go by, police say it’s less and less likely Gonzalez voluntarily left the city.

Police say her estranged husband has been, and is currently, the only person of interest in the case.

[snipped]

Full article and video at link: http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=131476

cloudajo
03-26-2011, 07:55 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 23, 2011

Statement regarding Julie Ann Gonzalez from the Austin Police Department

On March 27, 2010 Julie Ann Gonzalez was reported missing. Initially it appeared that Julie’s disappearance was voluntary based on text messages sent to Julie’s family and friends from her cell phone. However, the length of time since Julie’s last communication with family and other information uncovered causes concern about Julie’s welfare. While

voluntary withdrawal cannot be conclusively eliminated as a possibility, it becomes more unlikely as each day passes without contact from Julie.

A team of investigators from the Austin Police Department Violent Crimes Command have been investigating this case. During the investigation, APD gathered information that led us to believe that her disappearance may not have been voluntary. On May 14, 2010, APD executed a search warrant at the residence of George De La Cruz, Julie’s estranged

husband. In that search warrant, detectives asked for numerous items of evidence that they believed would be found at the residence. While some items were seized that may be of evidentiary value, not all items sought were found.

At this time, George De La Cruz is considered a person of interest and it is believed that he has information that could be of great assistance to the investigation. De La Cruz has been interviewed in the past but is currently not cooperating with the investigation.

In the best interest of this investigation, APD is unable to share additional information at this time.

APD has been and continues to work diligently on this investigation. The investigation will not end until Julie’s family has the answers it seeks about what has happened to her. APD appreciates the assistance we have received from national, local media and tips from citizens. APD is grateful to the assistance of Julie’s family and their tireless efforts to keep her information in the public forum. The department urges anyone with information about Julie’s current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the Austin Police Department’s Homicide Tipline at 512-477-3588.

cloudajo
03-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Family not giving up on missing mom

[snipped]

"This last year has been like if time stopped," said Sandra Soto, Gonzalez's mother. "And time stopped when we reported her missing because we didn't celebrate holidays. We didn't celebrate birthdays ... We didn't celebrate Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving. We didn't do any of that. It was just too hard for us all."

Soto said they didn't want to recognize those days without her daughter and without knowing where she is.

"We can't enjoy, it's hard to enjoy anything ... not knowing where your child is."

Full article and video at link: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/family-not-giving-up-on-missing-mom

panthera
03-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Family not giving up on missing mom

[snipped]

"This last year has been like if time stopped," said Sandra Soto, Gonzalez's mother. "And time stopped when we reported her missing because we didn't celebrate holidays. We didn't celebrate birthdays ... We didn't celebrate Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving. We didn't do any of that. It was just too hard for us all."

Soto said they didn't want to recognize those days without her daughter and without knowing where she is.

"We can't enjoy, it's hard to enjoy anything ... not knowing where your child is."

Full article and video at link: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/family-not-giving-up-on-missing-mom
The location where her car was found is highly suspicious, and not where it would point to her voluntarily disappearing. I feel sorry for her little daughter, who has now been without her mother for a year, and at her age won't remember her. Is the little girl with De La Cruz? :(

Lifted
03-26-2011, 10:14 PM
The Austin PD should really be ashamed of themselves.

They sat on their hands, while very important evidence was obviously covered-up.

I'm just really tired of reading these terrible stories, where the police automatically assume that someone vanished by themselves, which enables them not to have to do anything about it. So they sit around not doing anything, giving this guy all kinds of time to cover his tracks, while some ridiculous TV show ends up getting the scoop before they do.

All of that nonsense about not having probable cause, so they couldn't check up on any information early on, is just that - nonsense. The suspect even went willingly on national television to do a poly, so he would have obviously done one for them, if they would have even put the slightest pressure on him.

Sorry for the rant, but this is really just disgusting.

Kat
03-27-2011, 01:04 AM
The location where her car was found is highly suspicious, and not where it would point to her voluntarily disappearing. I feel sorry for her little daughter, who has now been without her mother for a year, and at her age won't remember her. Is the little girl with De La Cruz? :(

Gloria's mother was on NG again and she said that George currently has custody of the little girl and that she is challanging for custody. I hope she gets it!

The post you quoted by Cloudajo which I in turn quoted your response, just made my heart sink.

So much pain for these family members. :(

summer_breeze
03-27-2011, 07:10 AM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/prayer-vigil-held-for-missing-mother

Updated: Saturday, 26 Mar 2011, 9:21 PM CDT
Published : Saturday, 26 Mar 2011, 5:30 PM CDT
Jacqueline Ingles

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Dozens of family and friends of missing Austin mom Julie Ann Gonzalez gathered on the steps of the State Capitol Saturday afternoon for a prayer vigil to mark the one year anniversary of her disappearance .

cloudajo
03-27-2011, 08:20 AM
FYI, Julie Ann's mom has this posted on the website re custody of Julie Ann's daughter. I used brackets in place of her name. It's so troubling that this little girl is with that man.

=====

We are trying to put together some more fundraisers in the Austin area.

Either dinner and a dance or food sale. The unexpected costs to help find Julie Ann are growing. We have a very experienced Austin Firm of Private Investigators looking for Julie. Along with the costs of the investigators. I have hired an excellent attorney to help me gain custody of my sweet grand-daughter,[___]. It is a battle. One that is long,but hopeful. [___] is fine. She misses her mother very much! It breaks my heart everytime I have to send her back to her fathers home. I am humbled by the amount of worldwide prayers that are being sent to us on a daily basis.Thank you also to our friend who have already donated to help find Julie.

[snipped]

cloudajo
04-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Julie Ann's mother posted an open letter to George's mother at link below on April 7th. I have so much respect for her.

justthinkin
04-14-2011, 07:08 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 23, 2011

Statement regarding Julie Ann Gonzalez from the Austin Police Department

On March 27, 2010 Julie Ann Gonzalez was reported missing. Initially it appeared that Julie’s disappearance was voluntary based on text messages sent to Julie’s family and friends from her cell phone. However, the length of time since Julie’s last communication with family and other information uncovered causes concern about Julie’s welfare. While

voluntary withdrawal cannot be conclusively eliminated as a possibility, it becomes more unlikely as each day passes without contact from Julie.

A team of investigators from the Austin Police Department Violent Crimes Command have been investigating this case. During the investigation, APD gathered information that led us to believe that her disappearance may not have been voluntary. On May 14, 2010, APD executed a search warrant at the residence of George De La Cruz, Julie’s estranged

husband. In that search warrant, detectives asked for numerous items of evidence that they believed would be found at the residence. While some items were seized that may be of evidentiary value, not all items sought were found.

At this time, George De La Cruz is considered a person of interest and it is believed that he has information that could be of great assistance to the investigation. De La Cruz has been interviewed in the past but is currently not cooperating with the investigation.

In the best interest of this investigation, APD is unable to share additional information at this time.

APD has been and continues to work diligently on this investigation. The investigation will not end until Julie’s family has the answers it seeks about what has happened to her. APD appreciates the assistance we have received from national, local media and tips from citizens. APD is grateful to the assistance of Julie’s family and their tireless efforts to keep her information in the public forum. The department urges anyone with information about Julie’s current whereabouts or the circumstances under which she disappeared to call the Austin Police Department’s Homicide Tipline at 512-477-3588.

I am not usually critical of LE, but this is the worst case of police work I can remember seeing.
The Austin police really dropped the ball on this case. In fact, they did nothing for 2 months. Didn't pay any attention to Julie Ann's mother or family about the car. Didn't dust it for prints. Didn't bring out the dogs to sniff the car, didn't organize a search. Didn't even get a warrant to search George's house until 2 mos. after the fact.
In fact, APD, didn't do anything until George appeared on the Dr. Phil show, and flunked a lie detector test.

Can someone tell me anything that Austin PD has done right regarding this case?

Shame on you, Austin PD. Maybe we need a new police chief!

And as far as the neighbor goes, I believe he may have seen what he said he saw, but possibly on another day.

summer_breeze
05-07-2011, 11:04 AM
NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5745/1/

The Charley Project

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gonzalez_julie.html

cloudajo
05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
I can't find anything in the news but Julie Ann's mom posted a message on the website they setup.

====
I sit here and think about you 24/7. I may not write all of the time but, you are always in my thoughts. Time goes by and we still know nothing. Holidays come and go and still nothing.

[snipped]

We are all lost. Frozen in time, not wanting to move forward. Not being able to move forward. How do we do this? How do we go on when we don't know where you are? I pray and pray and pray.

suzyq211
05-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I can't find anything in the news but Julie Ann's mom posted a message on the website they setup.

====
I sit here and think about you 24/7. I may not write all of the time but, you are always in my thoughts. Time goes by and we still know nothing. Holidays come and go and still nothing.

[snipped]

We are all lost. Frozen in time, not wanting to move forward. Not being able to move forward. How do we do this? How do we go on when we don't know where you are? I pray and pray and pray.

I cannot imagine what she is going through. Not knowing...pure hell.

Kat
07-11-2011, 03:17 AM
http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/279347/the-search-continues-for-julie-ann-gonzalez

07/10/2011 07:53 PM

The search continues for Julie Ann Gonzalez

By: John A. Salazar

(Video at link)

"I'm told that if she is not with us anymore that's going to be the worst for me. No, that's not going to be the worst for me,” Soto said. “I'm living the worst right now not knowing where she is."

cloudajo
07-11-2011, 05:37 AM
http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/279347/the-search-continues-for-julie-ann-gonzalez

The search continues for Julie Ann Gonzalez

(Video at link)

Thanks Kat.

[snipped]

Gonzalez' mother Sandra Soto hosted a fundraising event in South Austin Sunday to help pay for the investigation into her daughter's disappearance.

Since her 21-year-old daughter went missing in March 2010, Soto has fought tirelessly to try and find out what happened to her. During Sunday’s fundraiser, she provided food and got the the word out to the community about Gonzalez’ story.

"Her investigation is still very active, we're not going anywhere,” she said. "We're not going to fade out, we're not going to become a cold case."

[snipped]

Soto says the money raised Sunday will help pay for their private investigation into Julie Ann’s disappearance.

summer_breeze
07-11-2011, 06:36 AM

The search continues for Julie Ann Gonzalez, and the missing woman's family isn't giving up until they have answers.

Kat
08-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Just thinking of Julie Ann today.

Find your way home soon sweetie.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
In custody battle, suspicions abound about disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez

Almost a year and a half after young mother Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared without explanation from South Austin, her family members were at the Heman Sweatt Travis County Courthouse on Thursday continuing their quest to find out what happened in the case police believe may be murder.

Gonzalez's mother, Sandra Soto, has asked for court-ordered visits with Gonzalez's daughter, who was 2 when Gonzalez disappeared. The girl lives with Gonzalez's estranged husband, George De La Cruz.

Police have said De La Cruz, 23, is a "person of interest" in Gonzalez's disappearance.

More: http://www.statesman.com/news/local/in-custody-battle-suspicions-abound-about-disappearance-of-1887295.html

cloudajo
10-03-2011, 06:45 AM
In custody battle, suspicions abound about disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez

Almost a year and a half after young mother Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared without explanation from South Austin, her family members were at the Heman Sweatt Travis County Courthouse on Thursday continuing their quest to find out what happened in the case police believe may be murder.

Gonzalez's mother, Sandra Soto, has asked for court-ordered visits with Gonzalez's daughter, who was 2 when Gonzalez disappeared. The girl lives with Gonzalez's estranged husband, George De La Cruz.

Police have said De La Cruz, 23, is a "person of interest" in Gonzalez's disappearance.

More: http://www.statesman.com/news/local/in-custody-battle-suspicions-abound-about-disappearance-of-1887295.html

Thank you. I clicked on the pic of George in the article and saw the smirk.

[snipped]

While De La Rosa and one of De La Cruz's lawyers, Sarah Balaparya, worked out the details of their agreement in the courthouse hallway, Soto and De La Cruz sat nearby with their respective family members on separate benches.

Sandra Soto said she watched and listened carefully to De La Cruz.

"You look at his demeanor and he's laughing and texting. He doesn't take this seriously," she said. "He's talking about what he's going to do this weekend."

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/in-custody-battle-suspicions-abound-about-disappearance-of-1887295.html

Cazzie
10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
This is so sad and disturbing! The young child's maternal grandparents have not only lost their daughter, but a year and a half out of their young grandchild's life...

I thought there had been Julie's blood evidence found somewhere...no mention in that article linked, though. Perhaps I confused this with another case.

The smirk and Sandra Soto's comment make we wonder if De La Cruz is trying to keep what is left of Julie (their daughter) and trying to punish Julie's parents for whatever reason.

MsFacetious
12-10-2011, 02:04 AM
2 months is too long... there is no news or events for Julie but I also don't want her forgotten.

cloudajo
03-26-2012, 06:40 AM
Julie Ann has been missing for 2 years today.

Her mom's post on FB yesterday:

Tomorrow is the two year anniversary of Julie Ann's disappearance.

Two years ago my grand-daughter Layla lost her mother. I say lost in the sense that we know nothing about where she is.

The last person to see her was George Delacruz. We continue to ask for George's cooperation in telling us what happened the day Julie went to his house. He isn't budging.

Layla is now 4 yrs old and getting smarter. She misses her mother so much! I miss my daughter so much!

[snip]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-JULIE-ANN-GONZALEZ/110537495644897

summer_breeze
04-25-2012, 08:15 AM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/Missing-Woman's-Family-Headed-to-Court-20120425-ktbcw

Updated: Wednesday, 25 Apr 2012, 5:49 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 25 Apr 2012, 5:45 AM CDT

The family of a missing Austin woman is going to court to make sure they can visit her daughter.

MissieMt
04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Judge grants visitation to missing woman's family:
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/Missing-Woman%27s-Family-Headed-to-Court-20120425-ktbcw#axzz1t5kE2CcI

MissieMt
04-25-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/Missing-Woman%27s-Family-Headed-to-Court-20120425-ktbcw#axzz1t5kE2CcI

Kat
04-25-2012, 11:26 PM
My prayers are with you Ms. Sanda Soto.

kantoo
04-26-2012, 12:30 AM

thanks so much for this update.

i agree with the family:

(from the article)

"All arrows point to George," said Soto.

The judge decided Julie Ann Gonzalez's family can see Layla twice a month.

Austin Police say they are not doing on interviews on this case. They say the investigation is active and welcomes any information.

Read more: http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/Missing-Woman%27s-Family-Headed-to-Court-20120425-ktbcw#ixzz1t7LVujuV

The Austin Police aren't doing interviews, because they never did enough to be able to be interviewed about this case. No wonder the family took their "case" to FB.

JMO

cloudajo
04-26-2012, 06:04 AM
I love Julie Ann's family. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for them that George De La Cruz has Julie Ann's daughter. Thinking about what Josh Powell did and wondering how the courts are protecting this child.

George is shown in the video at link starting about 00:40.

[snipped]

De La Cruz is a person of interest in Gonzalez's missing persons case. Austin police detectives have questioned him, but he has not been charged. The family of Julie Ann Gonzalez believe De La Cruz has information about her disappearance.

"This really scares me because I don't know what this man is capable of," said [snipped] grandmother Sandra Soto. "We still have zero answers. We know nothing."

http://www.kvue.com/news/Custody-battle-over-missing-Austin-womans-daughter-148965775.html

Kat
10-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Just checking in because I was thinking of Julie Ann today.

KateB
05-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Nothing new in this recent post on the Austin American-Statesman but I'm glad to see something for Julie Ann Gonzalez, Roxanne Paltauf, Mary McFadyen and Rachel Cooke in the news.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/crime-law/finding-long-missing-people-alive-rare-officials-s/nXn3B/

Rachel Cooke went for a run 11 years ago and never came back.

Roxanne Paltauf was last seen in 2006, in the area near East Rundberg Lane and Interstate 35, where she was staying at a Budget Inn with her on-again, off-again boyfriend.

In 2010, Julie Ann Gonzalez never showed up for her shift at Walgreens on East Riverside Drive.

All three were in their teens or early 20s. And their disappearances aren’t unlike those of three other women who were in their teens or early 20s when they vanished in Cleveland between 2000 and 2004.

more at link

Softail
09-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Husband of woman missing since 2010 indicted on murder charge

Body of Julie Ann Gonzalez still not found

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The husband of Julie Ann Gonzalez, missing since 2010, was indicted on a first-degree murder charge Friday.

George De La Cruz, 25, had long been considered a "person of interest" in the disappearance of Julie Ann Gonzalez on March 26, 2010. Her 2005 Impala was found near a drugstore at Stassney Lane and South First Street.

Police said last year that De La Cruz was not cooperating with the investigation into the disappearance of his wife.

In the years since Gonzalez, who was 21 when she was last seen, was last seen, her young daughter has been in the custody of De La Cruz. Gonzalez's family has been seeking custody of the girl.

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/husband-of-woman-missing-since-2010-indicted-on-murder-charge

Softail
09-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Estranged husband of Julie Ann Gonzalez charged with murder

De La Cruz was arrested on Friday by the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force. His bond has been set at $500,000.

Gonzalez was reported missing on March 27, 2010. De La Cruz has been a person of interest in the case, and evidence was taken from his home via a search warrant in May 2010. Police have said in the past that De La Cruz was not cooperating with their investigation

http://www.kvue.com/news/Estranged-husband-of-woman-missing-since-2010-arrested-223666101.html

fhc
09-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Estranged husband of Julie Ann Gonzalez charged with murder

De La Cruz was arrested on Friday by the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force. His bond has been set at $500,000.

Gonzalez was reported missing on March 27, 2010. De La Cruz has been a person of interest in the case, and evidence was taken from his home via a search warrant in May 2010. Police have said in the past that De La Cruz was not cooperating with their investigation

http://www.kvue.com/news/Estranged-husband-of-woman-missing-
since-2010-arrested-223666101.html

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this news. Better late than never. Many have waited sooooooo long for justice for Julie.

Bullshark
09-14-2013, 04:40 AM
This arrest is only 2 years too late

Softail
09-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Prosecutors: Murder conviction possible even without a body

AUSTIN -- Assistant Travis County District Attorney Gary Cobb told KVUE Friday evening that he believes George Delacruz could still be convicted of murder even though the body of his estranged wife has yet to be found.

“They're difficult cases but they can be proven and we've done in Travis County before, we've done it in the state of Texas before, and we've done it all over the United States before. It's difficult, but sometimes justice requires it,” said Cobb.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Prosecutors-Murder-conviction-possible-even-without-a-body-223707881.html

mikkismom
09-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Family of missing woman to discuss murder charge

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/family-of-missing-woman-to-discuss-murder-charge/nZy8N/

KateB
09-17-2013, 02:48 PM
While coming up empty for a live link to the family's press conference in 15 minutes, I did find this:

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/23445598/attorney-murder-suspect-in-2010-disappearance-a-victim-too

De la Cruz's first court appearance will be in two weeks.

On Tuesday, Gonzalez's family will hold a press conference.

On Wednesday, both families will meet in court to determine who gets custody of the child now that De la Cruz is in jail.

http://www.newsradioklbj.com/Other/Stream.html
Might be live on this radio stream. A reporter from KLBJ is onsite & just had a teaser & said will be back with more in a few minutes.

KateB
09-17-2013, 07:10 PM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/23457516/family-friends-of-murder-victim-speaks-out

Tuesday, Gonzalez's family went back to the Walgreens at south 1st Street and Stassney, where Gonzalez's car was found abandoned three-and-a-half years ago.

They asked friends to speak on their behalf. Former senator and state representative Gonzalo Barrientos said the family has endured many sleepless nights, pain, and anxiety. He said they wished to thank their supporters and asked for continued prayers.
Short clip at link.

Another short article:
Missing woman's family speaks, via former lawmaker
9/17/2013
http://www.newsradioklbj.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=2042450

Softail
09-17-2013, 08:07 PM
So sad that she hasn't been found yet. :cry:

MorenoI
09-18-2013, 01:08 PM
I wish for the family's sake that her body is found soon. This poor family has suffered so much. And so sad to think that this baby girl will now live without her mommy and "father".

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Julie has a post in our Flyer Distribution forum. Check it out. Please print and post if you're in the area.

TX Poster: MISSING - Julie Ann Gonzalez - Texas - 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community