PDA

View Full Version : GUILTY TX--Blaine Milam & Jessica Carson guilty of murder of 13mo-old Amora Bain Carson

Texas Mist
05-01-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1176&pictureid=10207

Parents: Baby killed because demon-possessed
Investigators say it was the most gruesome scene involving a child they had ever seen.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 - 7:11pm

RUSK COUNTY - An East Texas couple appeared in a Rusk County court this morning, accused of bludgeoning a 13-month-old girl to death with a hammer.

Investigators say it was the most gruesome scene involving a child they had ever seen.

According to authorities, they received a 911 call Tuesday morning from 18-year-old Jessica Carson, the baby's mother. Carson, whom authorities say graduated last year from Longview High School with honors, told the dispatcher she and her live-in fiancé Blaine Milam, 18, briefly left the baby at home. They said upon their return to the house on County Road 2125 in Henderson, the child, Amora Bain Carson, was not breathing.

That was just one of many stories the pair would tell authorities including the fact that dogs bit her, a car wreck occurred and the child killed herself with a hammer.

Deputies say when they arrived, Amora was on her back in the bedroom, beaten to death with some kind of object, which they believe was a hammer.

"She also had 15-20 bite marks on her body," said Lt. Reynold Humer with the Rusk County Sheriff's Dept. "I’ve seen a lot of (murder scenes) in my 30 years but this is worse I've ever seen."

Officials believe Amora may have been tortured before her death with the bite marks and then later killed with the hammer or another tool.

Lt. Humer said authorities became immediately suspicious of the couple and Carson eventually broke down to Texas Rangers.

According to the arrest report, Carson “admitted to Ranger Kenny Ray that she was present when the defendant performed an exorcism of the demons possessing the body of their child, Amora Bain Carson. The defendant went on to say after her husband killed the baby, they drove to Henderson to a pawnshop to pawn items to pay for an exorcism service and officers were able to confirm those transactions. The defendant Carson said they then made up a story about leaving the baby alone and returning home and finding the baby dead.”

The blonde-hair, blue-eyed baby was described by family members as “a happy toddler, full of life, who never cried.”

Bond was set at $2 million dollars each. If convicted, the couple faces the death penalty.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/parents-baby-killed-because-demon-possessed

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1176&pictureid=10208

:furious:Mr. Milam was a registered sex-offender and was supposed to be behind bars at the time.

However, officials say a slip-up in the system allowed Milam to be freed months before his release. :furious:

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/baby-amoras-mom-stepfather-indicted-capital-murder-charges

Milam capital murder trial set for May 3

By Howard Roden
Updated: 04.25.10
After sifting through an initial pool of 388 potential jurors, the capital murder trial of Blaine Keith Milam is scheduled to start May 3.

Milam, 20, of Henderson, faces the death penalty for his alleged involvement in the December 2008 beating death of his fiancee’s 13-month-old child. Milam and Jessica Bain Carson allegedly struck Amora Bain Carson approximately 20 times with a hammer in an attempt to perform an exorcism on the toddler.

The trial, which was transferred from its original location in Rusk County due to pretrial publicity, is to be held in the 284th state District Court. Judge J. Clay Gossett, of the 4th state District Court in Rusk County will preside over the trial.

Starting in March, 87 jurors were interviewed individually, from which a panel of 48 was chosen, according to a press release issued by Gossett.

more here

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/04/26/conroe_courier/news/milam042510.txt

kbl8201
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
oh yeah she killed herself with a hammer.

god they should get the dp just for defaming her name alone :(

easttexas
05-01-2010, 06:59 PM
My very first thought the day I heard about this poor baby is what kind of drugs are those people on....reportedly there were no drugs found in the home and they weren't under the influence of drugs.

easttexas
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/PublicSite/index.aspx?PageIndex=Individual&IND_IDN=10442094

Link to Blaine's Sex Offender Registry page.

He was serving time for breaking into a home in March 2007 and leaving obscene notes in the bedroom of a 13-year-old girl, whom he never had physical contact with, according to William Brown, Rusk County District Attorney investigator.

"He went through her underwear drawer and then took adult magazine pictures he cut out and wrote obscene notes on the pictures telling her how he would like to perform each act with her," he said.

easttexas
05-01-2010, 07:44 PM
:furious:I had not seen this before.

http://www.kilgorenewsherald.com/news/2009-09-12/Front_Page/Accused_child_murderers_trial_moved_to_Montgomery_ .html

Before a gag order was issued in the case, Humber said the crime probably lasted 11 or 12 hours, during which time Milam had placed the baby in a bedroom and the mother was not allowed in, except once, while he was "supposedly performing an exorcism on the baby."

nauseating.....

Texas Mist
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
:furious:I had not seen this before.

http://www.kilgorenewsherald.com/news/2009-09-12/Front_Page/Accused_child_murderers_trial_moved_to_Montgomery_ .html

Before a gag order was issued in the case, Humber said the crime probably lasted 11 or 12 hours, during which time Milam had placed the baby in a bedroom and the mother was not allowed in, except once, while he was "supposedly performing an exorcism on the baby."

nauseating.....

Girl - Amora's last few hours alive were worse than anything reported before :( ...I know they keep saying drugs weren't involved -- how could anyone do this to this sweet baby girl stone-cold sober?

***warning -- graphic details at link****

Judge Clay Gossett overruled the objections made by the defense team, including statements the defendant allegedly made to Texas Rangers and bite marks and DNA in the case.

Rusk County District Attorney Micheal Jimerson, utilizing a Powerpoint presentation, began his opening argument in the case against Milam.

Jimerson said on Dec, 2, 2008 13-month-old Amora Carson was robbed of her life and of her innocence. He apologized for what the jurors would have to endure during the trial. He explained the murder was brutal, and the scene was one that gave law enforcement officials nightmares.

“Justice for Amora Bain Carson is worth facing what you are going to have to face,” he said.

more here

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100503/NEWS01/100509977

scapa
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM
"Exorcism" = inane attempt at covering up the sexual abuse here, I suspect.

What a nauseating case. As a father of two little ones I cannot, cannot imagine the degree of rage/pathology/utter disassociation from the human race that allows someone to carry out a crime like this. I also cannot imagine any combination of puppy-love or still less palatable form of dependency that would allow the other parent to hear what went down and fail to act on it. Not since Rowan Ford have I felt so physically assaulted by a case.

s

easttexas
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Girl - Amora's last few hours alive were worse than anything reported before :( ...I know they keep saying drugs weren't involved -- how could anyone do this to this sweet baby girl stone-cold sober?

***warning -- graphic details at link****

Judge Clay Gossett overruled the objections made by the defense team, including statements the defendant allegedly made to Texas Rangers and bite marks and DNA in the case.

Rusk County District Attorney Micheal Jimerson, utilizing a Powerpoint presentation, began his opening argument in the case against Milam.

Jimerson said on Dec, 2, 2008 13-month-old Amora Carson was robbed of her life and of her innocence. He apologized for what the jurors would have to endure during the trial. He explained the murder was brutal, and the scene was one that gave law enforcement officials nightmares.

“Justice for Amora Bain Carson is worth facing what you are going to have to face,” he said.

more here

I had not heard about the sexual abuse either!! How did Jessica NOT protect this baby????:furious:

Texas Mist
05-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I had not heard about the sexual abuse either!! How did Jessica NOT protect this baby????:furious:

the typerpaper.com article has been updated.....sounds like Amora's abuse had started before the day she died. :(

<snip>

Ms. Mutina answered that brother Arlan Mutina is Amora's father and has been in the military for the past three years. He only saw his child a couple of times due to serving overseas, she said.

She told the jury she had spent a lot of time with Amora when she was a baby and had been excited to be an aunt.

Ms. Mutina through tears said she last saw her niece in November 2008 when she met Milam.

She said while she was playing with Amora she saw a red mark on Amora's lower forearm which looked like a bite mark. :(

Ms. Mutina said Jessica seemed quieter than usual and more submissive to Milam's requests. She said she never saw her niece alive again and learned of Amora's death through faculty at Longview High School, where she was a student.

easttexas
05-04-2010, 01:42 PM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100504/NEWS01/5040318

Milam tells investigators that he took baths with Amora! That just creeps me out!!! How did the mom not suspect something???? According to the sex offender registry it says that Milam was unemployed....and apparently Jessica had a job....so was Milam "watching" Amora while the mom was at work???? UGH.

Texas Mist
05-05-2010, 12:02 AM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100504/NEWS01/5040318

Milam tells investigators that he took baths with Amora! That just creeps me out!!! How did the mom not suspect something???? According to the sex offender registry it says that Milam was unemployed....and apparently Jessica had a job....so was Milam "watching" Amora while the mom was at work???? UGH.

IMO, Jessica was beyond 'suspecting' & into knowing that the evil Milam was abusing "that child". :furious: She's just one of hundreds of egg-donors who look the other way - daily - while the b/f tortures her kid(s)....makes me sick and mad to think of what precious little ones endure so that momster has her male partner.

I have no way to process that mentally or emotionally - sacrificing my own child for a sex offender to abuse....I can't - I just can't.

I keep telling myself after reading about all the lies told by the evil one & momster that the good folks of Montgomery County, Texas have no stomach at all for the most heinous acts they'll have to face in looking at the evidence -- sweet little Amora's post-mortem pictures....I can only imagine that the poor jurors want/need psychological help, but definitely are all gonna need therapy after they vote to give Satan's spawn, Milam, the needle.....It's all I can do to read about what went on in court -- how does anyone who was there sleep at night?

If ever there was evil, it's Milam & the momster....Justice for Amora can't come fast enough for me.

easttexas
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
IMO, Jessica was beyond 'suspecting' & into knowing that the evil Milam was abusing "that child". :furious: She's just one of hundreds of egg-donors who look the other way - daily - while the b/f tortures her kid(s)....makes me sick and mad to think of what precious little ones endure so that momster has her male partner.

I have no way to process that mentally or emotionally - sacrificing my own child for a sex offender to abuse....I can't - I just can't.

I keep telling myself after reading about all the lies told by the evil one & momster that the good folks of Montgomery County, Texas have no stomach at all for the most heinous acts they'll have to face in looking at the evidence -- sweet little Amora's post-mortem pictures....I can only imagine that the poor jurors want/need psychological help, but definitely are all gonna need therapy after they vote to give Satan's spawn, Milam, the needle.....It's all I can do to read about what went on in court -- how does anyone who was there sleep at night?
If ever there was evil, it's Milam & the momster....Justice for Amora can't come fast enough for me.

I couldn't agree more. I knew the term exorcism was just an excuse that they BOTH used but I couldn't figure out why. Now I know....to cover up the evil.....I can't imagine the nightmares the jurors are having and will continue to have for the rest of their lives. It's just too sick.
Poor baby...I have thought of her for so long now.....

iluvmua
05-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I just CAN'T imagine being a 13 month old and being struck with a hammer and being bitten repeatedly and being SA too. She must have been screaming and crying her head off. Reminds me of the Riley Sawyers case.

God be with those jury members, who have to look at those graphic photos. :(

kbl8201
05-06-2010, 06:25 AM
all i had to hear was them claim she beat herself to death with a hammer....nothing else i've learned after that surprises me.

if you can attemp to blame your 13 month old for killing herself, you are capable of anything.

Texas Mist
05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
I just CAN'T imagine being a 13 month old and being struck with a hammer and being bitten repeatedly and being SA too. She must have been screaming and crying her head off. Reminds me of the Riley Sawyers case.

God be with those jury members, who have to look at those graphic photos. :(

Sounds like the jury got very emotional having to look at the autopsy photos & hear the forensic pathologist's testimony....they were, understandably, sad and mad...They'll have to live w/ that the rest of their lives. :(

I just cannot figure how her own mom could listen to little Amora screaming in agony.....how could any other human just sit by while a baby's tortured?

**warning - graphic details at link **

Pinckard said any number of injuries could have killed Amora, but he said she was alive for every bite, every bone break, the sexual assault, and that high amounts of Tylenol and Benadryl did nothing to mask the pain.

As the jury got up for an afternoon break, some jurors glared at Milam, several with tears streaming down their faces.

"We could not determine which injury caused her death, so we classified it as death by homicidal violence," he said.

Upon returning to the courtroom several jurors stared angrily at Milam while Pinckard continued his testimony.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100506/NEWS01/5060330

Texas Mist
05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
all i had to hear was them claim she beat herself to death with a hammer....nothing else i've learned after that surprises me.

if you can attemp to blame your 13 month old for killing herself, you are capable of anything.

I can't believe the defense went there during the trial either!! I guess Hagan is trying to plant ideas in the jury's head that the momster was entirely responsible & not the evil Milam!!

“Did those bite marks cause that child's death?” Hagan said.

"No, I don't believe those injuries were life threatening, no,” he replied.

Hagan asked if the injuries Amora sustained could have been from the child beating herself with a hammer, and Pinckard said they could not.

Hagan then asked if a metallic cross could have caused the injuries to Amora's pelvic area the doctor said if the object was of a significant size it could be.

“If someone reported this child's face was warped due to the child being possessed by a demon, is that possible to cause the injuries?” Hagan said.

“I don't know what you are even talking about. That is not even medicine,” Pinckard replied.

more here

http://tylerpaper.com/article/20100506/NEWS01/305069999

kbl8201
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
omg they actually brought up demonic possession.

if i ever get in trouble i will defend myself before i hire idiots like this.

easttexas
05-07-2010, 12:17 PM
omg they actually brought up demonic possession.

if i ever get in trouble i will defend myself before i hire idiots like this.

If I was sitting on that jury my intelligence would be soooo insulted to the point of being offended. Therefore, I would autoamtically side with the prosecutor who doesn't think I am stupid enough to believe such BS!! :furious:

easttexas
05-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I have read for a long time on WS....proud to be a member. I have read horrendous (sp?) crimes here....I guess this case just shakes the ground I walk on. Blaine worked literally across the street from me for a while. He changed the oil in my Tahoe. He has had the keys to everything I own in his hands. He has driven my Tahoe back to me at work after servicing. My co-workers had conversations with him again and again. I can't say that we ever thought there is something about this guy....but seriously my hubby could not stand him. This was way before the crime he has committed. Hubby would say don't let that kid have the keys or anything...and I would say why? He said I don't like him. I would say why? He is weird....and I would say he is young???and he would reply no weird. And he can't explain into words now anymore now than he could then. He just didn't like the kid.

kbl8201
05-08-2010, 04:58 AM
I have read for a long time on WS....proud to be a member. I have read horrendous (sp?) crimes here....I guess this case just shakes the ground I walk on. Blaine worked literally across the street from me for a while. He changed the oil in my Tahoe. He has had the keys to everything I own in his hands. He has driven my Tahoe back to me at work after servicing. My co-workers had conversations with him again and again. I can't say that we ever thought there is something about this guy....but seriously my hubby could not stand him. This was way before the crime he has committed. Hubby would say don't let that kid have the keys or anything...and I would say why? He said I don't like him. I would say why? He is weird....and I would say he is young???and he would reply no weird. And he can't explain into words now anymore now than he could then. He just didn't like the kid.

he has good instincts. some men actually do :)

easttexas
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Can someone tell me what this means? I guess that I thought she would turn against Milam and testify...felt sure of it. Why isn't she? Does this mean she participated??

Gossett recessed the jury so that Jessica Carson could be brought into the courtroom for a motion to quash her appearing in Milam's trial to testify.

Her defense attorney, Don Killingsworth, was on hand to assist her in invoking her Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate herself by testifying in Milam's trial.

Milam asked his lead attorney, Rick Hagan, what Ms. Carson was going to say.

“I don't know. You'll find out when I do. She's here I think to invoke her Fifth Amendment (right not to testify against herself).”

Ms. Carson, wearing a green and white striped jail jumpsuit, was led into the courtroom in shackles.

Killingworth asked Ms. Carson if it was she was invoking her Fifth Amendment right, and she said yes.

Hagan then asked if he called her to testify if she would invoke her right to not testify in the murder of her baby. With a quivering voice, she replied that she would not testify.

ohiogirl
05-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Jury excused for the rest of Tuesday. Defense continues tomorrow.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100511/NEWS01/305119999

Texas Mist
05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Jury excused for the rest of Tuesday. Defense continues tomorrow.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100511/NEWS01/305119999

Williams said the force and pain generated from the bites Amora suffered would be like slamming her hand in a car door.

The bite mark testimony is just too much. :(

How could her momster let anything happen to her precious baby???? :furious:

Makes me sick to think momster could just stop caring about her

Vessette said when Milam and Jesseca came to his home for Thanksgiving, she had very little to do with Amora, and Milam was the one who fed the child.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100512/NEWS01/305129999/0/FRONTPAGE

Texas Mist
05-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Can someone tell me what this means? I guess that I thought she would turn against Milam and testify...felt sure of it. Why isn't she? Does this mean she participated??

Gossett recessed the jury so that Jessica Carson could be brought into the courtroom for a motion to quash her appearing in Milam's trial to testify.

Her defense attorney, Don Killingsworth, was on hand to assist her in invoking her Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate herself by testifying in Milam's trial.

Milam asked his lead attorney, Rick Hagan, what Ms. Carson was going to say.

“I don't know. You'll find out when I do. She's here I think to invoke her Fifth Amendment (right not to testify against herself).”

Ms. Carson, wearing a green and white striped jail jumpsuit, was led into the courtroom in shackles.

Killingworth asked Ms. Carson if it was she was invoking her Fifth Amendment right, and she said yes.

Hagan then asked if he called her to testify if she would invoke her right to not testify in the murder of her baby. With a quivering voice, she replied that she would not testify.

IMO, she wouldn't testify because that would mean - at a minimum - she knew what was going on & didn't stop it....she's obviously more concerned w/ saving her own skin than being a part of justice for Amora.

I better stop now because I can't think of anything else to post that wouldn't get me a T/O.

easttexas
05-12-2010, 10:35 PM
The defense plans on calling Milam to the witness stand....this to me is insane!

He has already displayed many emotions that I think point to his guiltiness. When they had the doll figure out in court and showed where every bite was he hid his eyes....what can you gather from that other than guilt??

easttexas
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
http://tylerpaper.com/article/20100513/NEWS01/305139999

The Defense rests....they did not call Milam to the stand. More at link.

Texas Mist
05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
The defense plans on calling Milam to the witness stand....this to me is insane!

He has already displayed many emotions that I think point to his guiltiness. When they had the doll figure out in court and showed where every bite was he hid his eyes....what can you gather from that other than guilt??

It *is* insane - about as insane as the psychiatrist saying that evil thing & momster were psychotic at the same time...whatever.

But unless I'm missing an update, I can't find any info on evil man's testimony...too bad...he could have put some more nails in his own coffin.

And way to go defense attorney - get your own witness to say some of those weren't bite marks -just big bruises....like that's any better! AND to say the bite marks on her neck were from 2 different people! Thanks!! I think the jury will remember that!! And they have all weekend to dwell on it.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100513/NEWS01/305139999

ohiogirl
05-14-2010, 12:10 PM
What a horrific thing for these jurors to have to go through.
That poor baby. How can he say he didn't do it? He doesn't deserve to live after what they did to that poor child. This one makes me sick.

Texas Mist
05-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Defense Rests In Baby Killing Trial

By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2010

CONROE -- With a day and a half of testimony to rebut a seemingly strong case against its client, accused killer Blaine Milam, the defense team rested Thursday.
Milam's defense team called George Isaac, a forensic odontologist, to counter the testimony of Robert Williams, a forensic odontologist called by the prosecution. Isaac concluded there were only two people who could have bitten the child -- Ms. Carson and Milam.
During the case the state offered evidence that Milam initially lied to authorities about the death of the child and helped stage a crime scene to direct law enforcement from where the death actually took place.

With the testimony of both Isaac and Williams, the jury heard Milam's teeth pattern fit several of the bite marks on the child and testimony from a forensic scientist showed the child had his DNA on her body.

Milam's defense, comprised of Rick Hagan, John Moore and Stephen Jackson, attempted to shift the blame of the crime to Ms. Carson by eliciting testimony from a psychiatrist that she suffered postpartum psychosis and had delusions of demonic possession.

Judge Clay Gossett instructed the jurors they were free until 8:30 a.m. Monday when the trial would resume with the two sides presenting closing arguments. Gossett said the jurors should be prepared to be sequestered in the event the deliberations hit a snag.

Milam, 21, is facing the death penalty if convicted of capital murder.

more here

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100514/NEWS01/5140320/0/FRONTPAGE

Let justice prevail for sweet little Amora.

easttexas
05-15-2010, 12:08 AM
On some newspaper I read that Jessica's dad committed suicide back in 2001 and she received money ...25k. Then on another one I saw a pic that was SUPPOSED to be Amora with Grandpa. She was born in 2008....which is it..did he do that back in 2001 or did it happen that Aug which is what I believe. FIts better in the time line. Jessica may have been spiraling down after finding her dad shooting himself. I deal (still trying)l with a suicide in my own life and it is life altering...for me anyway.

kbl8201
05-16-2010, 02:33 AM
what they didnt call an 'expert' to annouce she bashed herself to death with the hammer? or an exorcist to tell us how she was possessed?

sorry.

i cant see the jury staying out very long.

easttexas
05-16-2010, 08:11 PM
what they didnt call an 'expert' to annouce she bashed herself to death with the hammer? or an exorcist to tell us how she was possessed?

sorry.

i cant see the jury staying out very long.

Don't be sorry...I feel the same as you! I have waited for so long for this trial just to see why these monsters thought this precious child was demonic. I believe that Amora wouldn't quit crying and he couldn't shup her up from the sexual abuse. So he shut her up for good. I know that there isn't any eveidence that he ever sexually abused the baby before that night but I believe that he did. He took baths with her.....that is just to nauseating for me to thnk about.

ohiogirl
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100517/NEWS01/305179999

Closing arguments begin.

WhyaDuck?
05-17-2010, 12:59 PM
What never ceases to amaze me in these cases is just how stupid many criminals must think LE and LE specialists are - you bite a child, and say she was attacked by a dog - you bludgeon her with a hammer 20 times, and say she did it herself - you do all this, and then you claim it was a car accident?

Good lord! How did they think that LE would buy any of that?! (FYI - Dog and human bites look nothing alike, [name edited out to avoid TO].)

Horrifying case. This seems like another couple-made-in-hell. I can only be grateful there were no other children involved, but I know that's of no comfort to poor little Amora.

Sometimes "people" just turn my stomach. Bless those poor jurors and the judge, the cops and LE workers who had to process this scene, the prosecutor who had to live with this, and all others who have been exposed to this appalling crime in seeking justice. I feel for them.

ohiogirl
05-17-2010, 01:36 PM
It just goes to show you it's a good thing that criminals are usually stupid.

But, more than that, I think most people after having been caught, will just say anything that comes into their heads in order to save themselves, whether it makes sense or not.
jmo

ohiogirl
05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Defense

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100517/NEWS01/305179999

Muffet
05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I predict a quick guilty verdict and the death penalty. I just hope LE dotted their I's and crossed their T's so the verdict is appeal-proof. If so, it wouldn't surprise me to see him executed in 5-7 years.

Texas, particularly East Texas, does not fool around with this sort of thing.

Texas Mist
05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
UPDATE: Jury Now Deliberating Murder Case

Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 at 2:17 p.m. CDT

Rusk County District Attorney Micheal Jimerson told jurors the most horrific thought they had to live with is that Milam is guilty and that he bit that baby all of those times.

“I'm not some actor looking for some Perry Mason moment. You heard the counselor (Jackson) always talking about I, I, I and his Perry Mason moment of opening the bag in the courtroom,” he said.

“This is just good old evil. You don't want to live in it (or) believe in it, so he goes off on this tirades about Perry Mason,” he said in reference to more Jackson theatrics.

Jimerson said it was a honor to serve in the justice system and it wasn't about some Hollywood tactic.

“I told you that you would have to give up some of your innocence because Amora gave up all of hers,” he said. "You just don't want to believe that someone could do this kind of evil.”

Jimerson told jurors on Dec. 2, 2008, Milam was brazen when talking to Texas Ranger Kenny Ray, and said he didn't do the crime even when pressed. A month later, Milam was crying and told a nurse he did it and was going to confess.

Jimerson told jurors they could use their common sense in the case and that just because they hadn't been to the moon, that didn't mean it wasn't made of rock and not green cheese.

Jimerson then said that yes, the Rusk County Sheriff's Office was duped by Milam and Ms. Carson, because they faked a crime scene.

“I guess we should let him go, pin a medal on him and give him one free baby killing,” he said.

Jimerson told jurors to remember the bite testimony and how much pressure was needed to exert the kind of damage done to Amora. He also reminded them of he spiral fractures suffered by the child.

“This child's death was horrific. This wasn't a monster from under the bed, but instead people who were supposed to love and protect her. As much as we want to put our heads in the sand, we cannot,” he said.

Jimerson then played the interview with Ranger Kenny Ray and Milam in which Milam first said Amora was alive when they called 911, then how he couldn't pick up his dead daughter.

As he closed his argument Jimerson didn't say a word, but instead grabbed Amora's baby doll that recited the children's prayer, “Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take.” :(

The jury has been given the case for deliberations.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100517/NEWS01/305179999/0/BUSINESS03

Thank you, prosecutors for telling it like it is!! No medals for killing sweet baby Amora!!
And ITA, Muffet....east Texans aren't gonna have *any* qualms about "caging" the evilman until he takes his last walk on Death Row.

Muffet
05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Guilty

East Texas man guilty in toddler's 2008 death

05/18/2010

Associated Press

A jury in Conroe has convicted an east Texas man in the 2008 killing of his girlfriend's toddler daughter.

The penalty phase was scheduled Tuesday for 20-year-old Blaine Milam. Jurors late Monday night convicted him of capital murder in the December 2008 death of 13-month-old Amora Bain Carson.

Prosecutors, who are seeking the death penalty...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D9FP9RKG0.html

ohiogirl
05-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Penalty phase is today? That quick? Great!!

ohiogirl
05-18-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100518/NEWS01/100519907

Texas Mist
05-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Don't be sorry...I feel the same as you! I have waited for so long for this trial just to see why these monsters thought this precious child was demonic. I believe that Amora wouldn't quit crying and he couldn't shup her up from the sexual abuse. So he shut her up for good. I know that there isn't any eveidence that he ever sexually abused the baby before that night but I believe that he did. He took baths with her.....that is just to nauseating for me to thnk about.

BBM -- The wait *did* seem like forever -- especially w/ the gag order so we couldn't get any updates until trial....I'm so glad the state didn't mess around w/ this & sent in a prosecutor from the AG's office! Ms. Tanner's passion for justice shone thru in Kenneth Dean's reporting - I can only imagine how it must have been to have been in the courtroom.

I knew the jury wouldn't let little Amora down.

Just wait momster - your day of judgment is coming, too.

kbl8201
05-18-2010, 02:34 PM
thanks god

dp all the way!

Muffet
05-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Court has adjourned for today, and will resume the sentencing phase tomorrow.

Here are today's blogs of the testimony:
http://tpstage.sx.atl.publicus.com/article/20100518/NEWS01/305189999/0/FRONTPAGE

easttexas
05-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Hagan said when he was tested after being arrested, Milam was shown to be on methamphetamine at the time of the murder.

Why were we told different all this time?????....I said the minute I heard about this....drugs....but LE said no drugs were involved.....ugh. Then to add that the sexual offense was on an 11 yo....I thought we were told 13/14? Don't get me wrong here....either way it was WRONG but why the deception. The girl was either 11 when it happened or she was 13 or she was 14. Pretty easy to get that right.

ETA...I just went back to the sex registry page and it says a 14 yo. I am so beyond mad right now.....can you not even believe the statements on a SO registry site? Who is right? My money is going on this:

Ms. Tanner showed jurors the documents from Milam's sex conviction, in August 2008 for aggravated sexual assault and criminal solicitation to commit sex acts with an 11-year-old girl.

http://tylerpaper.com/article/20100518/NEWS01/305189999

jnTexas
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
OMG I just heard about this case in the local montgomery co news. I wish I would've known about the trial I would've tried to attend.

These too are monsters!!

easttexas
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
http://tylerpaper.com/article/20100519/NEWS01/305199999

This guy was a loaded cannon. OMG....Jesseca and Amora stayed at the business all day so he could keep an eye on her. What business owner would allow that? Too weird. But, apparently they did. How bizarre....

kbl8201
05-20-2010, 06:17 AM
fry him.

ohiogirl
05-20-2010, 03:34 PM
UPDATE: Defendant Milam Brought To Tears By His Mother's Testimony

http://tylerpaper.com/article/20100520/NEWS01/305209999

ohiogirl
05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Defense expects to wrap it up on Monday. The sentencing phase is taking almost as long as the trial.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100521/NEWS01/5210321

fhc
05-21-2010, 10:35 PM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100521/NEWS01/305219999

Milam's sister describes him as passive

also testimony about level of Meth in his system

ohiogirl
05-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Psychologist testifies.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100525/NEWS01/5250316

Texas Mist
05-27-2010, 12:14 AM
6 p.m. Update: Jury In Milam Case To Begin Sentencing Deliberations Tomorrow

<snip>

Prosecutors and defense attorneys are set to make their final arguments in the sentencing phase of Blaine Milam's capital murder case.

Milam was convicted last week of killing his girlfriend's daughter and faces a possible death sentence.

Jury members should begin deliberations sometime Thursday.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100526/NEWS01/100529949

kbl8201
05-27-2010, 02:10 AM
please jury dont fall for the sob stories, the crocidile tears for mom, and the psycho babble from the shrinks. this guy doesnt deserve to live.

Texas Mist
05-27-2010, 11:27 PM
please jury dont fall for the sob stories, the crocidile tears for mom, and the psycho babble from the shrinks. this guy doesnt deserve to live.

They *didn't*, kbl!! One monster down, one to go.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

JUST IN: Jury Returns Death Penalty For Milam

CONROE — Convicted child murderer Blaine Milam will receive the death penalty.

A six-man, six-woman Montgomery County jury made the decision around 10 p.m. today after almost nine hours of deliberations.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20100527/NEWS01/100529940

kbl8201
05-27-2010, 11:49 PM

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A six-man, six-woman Montgomery County jury made the decision around 10 p.m. today after almost nine hours of deliberations.

:woohoo:

ohiogirl
05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
What a sad, sad day.

easttexas
05-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Thursday, May 27, 2010

That is exactly right! One more to go. She deserves it just as much as he did. And I worry that she will get more sympathy from a jury. We'll see. I can't believe her trial is NEXT year.....that's okay we AREN'T going to ever forget precious baby Amora and the justice she deserves.

Belinda
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I have been looking and looking and can't find anything on Jessica Bain Carson. Not in Vinelink or TDCJ. She didn't come up in a criminal check. Where the hell is this girl? She should be in the Rusk County Jail, but they don't give inmate listings, however she should come up in Vinelink. I was trying to sign-up for trial notification on her, but I can't find her.

Dear Prudence
10-21-2010, 08:19 PM
I can't find her either. Rusk County website says all their info is in Vinelink yet Vinelink doesn't even have Rusk County listed as a choice to search or as offline. All I can find is her trial will be in 2011 sometime from the media reports during Milam's trial. Why so long to bring this woman to trial?

fhc
10-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Rusk County Sheriff's Office - 210 Charlevoix Street - Henderson, Texas 75652 - Non-Emergency #: 903.657.3581 - www.rcsotx.org

per Officer Martin - Jessica Bain Carson is currently housed there in the jail as 10/21/10 at 7:32pm

Dear Prudence
10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Rusk County Sheriff's Office - 210 Charlevoix Street - Henderson, Texas 75652 - Non-Emergency #: 903.657.3581 - www.rcsotx.org

per Officer Martin - Jessica Bain Carson is currently housed there in the jail as 10/21/10 at 7:32pm

Thanks for calling them and letting us know. Do you know if a trial date has been set or what's next in her case?

fhc
10-22-2010, 12:13 PM
per Annette, court coordinator's office, jury selection in Jessica Bain Carson's trial is set for March 2011

(903)657-0358

MorenoI
03-15-2011, 04:18 PM
per Annette, court coordinator's office, jury selection in Jessica Bain Carson's trial is set for March 2011

(903)657-0358

I checked online for trial info and I didn't see anything.

I read about this story awhile ago and believe me I was mortified, but after reading the thread I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach. Just to think of that baby being abused and her "mom" not doing a darn thing about it! :sick:

easttexas
04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/article_631b4cde-58aa-5d48-b856-3f67db7a24e2.html

Jessica Carson's trial begins.

MorenoI
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Justice for Amora!

easttexas
04-08-2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.news-journal.com/news/police/article_52f5022c-cf12-50f6-bf38-bcfa3f07ac2a.html

I wasn't sure if we needed a new thread or just edit the title of this thread to show that the mother, Jessica Carson, is now on trial for the killing of Amora. RIP little angel.

From the link above:

Carson said that she relied on Milam to tell her the child was “really Amora” or a demon on any given day. Milam was not the baby’s father, but Carson and the child lived with him.

MorenoI
04-12-2011, 01:49 PM
I can't stop thinking of Amora, so beautiful and precious. Dear god let there be justice for her!!

Carson takes stand:
http://www.mykpxi.com/index.php/local-news/local-news/crime/164-carson-takes-the-stand

Friend of Carson testifies:
http://www.mykpxi.com/index.php/local-news/local-news/crime/162-friends-testify-in-carson-trial

April 5th story:
http://www.ktbs.com/news/27447281/detail.html

easttexas
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Rusk County woman to spend life in prison after toddler's exorcism death

http://www.news-journal.com/news/police/article_4fa9e621-5e9e-5fb8-83e0-a9b77e28b829.html

I am glad the jury didn't take pity on Jesseca. I can't imagine....I seriously just can't imagine how she did nothing to save her baby.

snipped from article

Texas Attorney General Prosecutor Lisa Tanner asked the jury why, if she really thought the baby had demons in her, Carson didn’t attempt to take her to a church or a doctor.

“If you think there is a demon in your child you take her to the doctor; you don’t rely on your fourth-grade educated, meth head, sex offender boyfriend to take care of it,” Tanner said

MorenoI
04-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Amora can finally rest in peace!

Jewels53
09-17-2013, 09:46 PM
On the ID channel now show ON DEATH ROW. Looks like an older show. Says it is showing to talk about the case and impending execution. This is the first I had heard about this case.

What they did to baby Amora is awful. The ME was talking about the horrific injuries she endured.

RIP Baby Amora!

Shadow205
09-21-2013, 10:50 AM
On the ID channel now show ON DEATH ROW. Looks like an older show. Says it is showing to talk about the case and impending execution. This is the first I had heard about this case.

What they did to baby Amora is awful. The ME was talking about the horrific injuries she endured.

RIP Baby Amora!

ID channel just ran the show again on this case. What they did to that poor baby...there are no words.

http://amora-bain-carson.gonetoosoon.org/