PDA

View Full Version : Steve Powell claims credible investigators say Susan Powell left on her own accord

PickieChickie
06-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Josh Powell's father: We're searching for Susan
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 06/10/2010 07:40:43 PM MDT

"Some credible insiders involved in the investigation have stated to us that they believe she is alive and may have left of her own accord," Steve Powell wrote in an e-mail to The Tribune.

Continued at source: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15263348?source=most_viewed

smart blonde
06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Nothing will ever convince me that Susan left on her own accord.

I don't believe she would want to leave her little boys, especially with Josh, and she would never put her parents through this kind of Hell.

I believe Susan is dead, and Josh killed her. Period.

SuziQ
06-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Why would credible insiders involved in the investigation share anything with him or his son?

believe09
06-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Really. Uh-huh.

PickieChickie
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Why would credible insiders involved in the investigation share anything with him or his son?

Steve Powell is so full of bull it's not advisable to wear red around him!

lonetraveler
06-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Steve Powell is so full of bull it's not advisable to wear red around him!

I wouldn't want to walk behind him either unless I was wearing hip boots.

mayelf
06-14-2010, 05:51 PM
From day 1, this is the lie he told himself. I wonder if he actually is starting to believe his own lie.

CCup
06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
This guy is a complete __________! Add that to the list of things that makes JP look guilty! Thank you Steve Powell for making the case against your son stronger every time you open your mouth.

PickieChickie
06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
From day 1, this is the lie he told himself. I wonder if he actually is starting to believe his own lie.

What cracks me up is when Steve Powell claims The Powell Family is looking for Susan! Did Josh forget where he put her?

fhc
06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
SP has about as much credibility as, well anyway...I call BS on him

AlexisFresca
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Josh Powell's father: We're searching for Susan
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 06/10/2010 07:40:43 PM MDT

"Some credible insiders involved in the investigation have stated to us that they believe she is alive and may have left of her own accord," Steve Powell wrote in an e-mail to The Tribune.

Continued at source: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15263348?source=most_viewed

Is anyone else having trouble accessing this article or am I having a blonde moment? i get a main page and even clicking on the news tab i get nada regarding the above article. :(

Cubby
06-22-2010, 04:52 PM
SP has about as much credibility as, well anyway...I call BS on him

Sounds like he is taking notes from Drew P....... I agree BS all the way.

fran
06-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Is anyone else having trouble accessing this article or am I having a blonde moment? i get a main page and even clicking on the news tab i get nada regarding the above article. :(

I couldn't find it either Alexis. But don't worry, we get the gist.

It's BS!

fran

RayO
06-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I couldn't find it either Alexis. But don't worry, we get the gist.

It's BS!

fran

I noticed the Trib just recently re-designed their website. That probably trashed a lot of URLs that once worked.

nurselady
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
What cracks me up is when Steve Powell claims The Powell Family is looking for Susan! Did Josh forget where he put her?

Amen!!!

PickieChickie
06-22-2010, 06:39 PM

I reach http://www.sltrib.com/. I'm noticing the page appears different than it has in the past. Perhaps they are redesigning their web site. I guess the only way to figure that out would be to click on links to other Salt Lake Tribune articles to see if the same thing happens.

Or, you could write an e-mail to the author of that article, Nate Carslise, and ask him why the article is gone. Here: "Nate Carlisle" <ncarlisle@sltrib.com>

grayjay
06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I found it here:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49735690-76/powell-josh-susan-steve.html.csp

“We know the general public has some legitimate questions, even if we don’t always feel at liberty to respond to everything,” Steve Powell wrote. “But we also feel that a lot of the questions coming from a core group of detractors are asked rhetorically and are designed to raise doubts about our family.”

AlexisFresca
06-23-2010, 01:27 AM
I found it here:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49735690-76/powell-josh-susan-steve.html.csp

“We know the general public has some legitimate questions, even if we don’t always feel at liberty to respond to everything,” Steve Powell wrote. “But we also feel that a lot of the questions coming from a core group of detractors are asked rhetorically and are designed to raise doubts about our family.”

Thanks so much, grayjay!

From the article:
“The agencies we are working with don’t want or need the publicity,” he wrote.

Are you kidding me? Where did they go? To six detective agency schools who had a class of 'newbies' and Susan's case was given to them as a homework assignment?

Now, I'm thinking out loud here, its late, have a headache, but hey, lets bounce it around, shall we? So if Susan left - alive and well - wouldn't you think Josh would be making pleas for her to return, if not for the sake of the boys? Wouldn't he be contacting her friends for possible clues or ideas to where she could have run off to? Wouldn't he seem 'crushed' by it, especially since he likely denies rumors that the marriage was troubled, that he was controlling, since she wanted to start her own home business (according to him), et al? Wouldn't there be evidence of missing monies/withdrawals from the bank account she opened to leave him?

AlexisFresca
06-23-2010, 01:28 AM
I reach http://www.sltrib.com/. I'm noticing the page appears different than it has in the past. Perhaps they are redesigning their web site. I guess the only way to figure that out would be to click on links to other Salt Lake Tribune articles to see if the same thing happens.

Or, you could write an e-mail to the author of that article, Nate Carslise, and ask him why the article is gone. Here: "Nate Carlisle" <ncarlisle@sltrib.com>

Thanks Pickie! Looks like not many folks are impressed with the Trib's new webpage, per the poll. ;)

Melanie
06-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Wow - ya think he could be related to Drew Peterson? I've never heard of such a story, or that he would even speak the words aloud? If Susan walked away, don't you think she would have called someone by now?

PickieChickie
06-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Thanks so much, grayjay!

Are you kidding me? Where did they go? To six detective agency schools who had a class of 'newbies' and Susan's case was given to them as a homework assignment?

Now, I'm thinking out loud here, its late, have a headache, but hey, lets bounce it around, shall we? So if Susan left - alive and well - wouldn't you think Josh would be making pleas for her to return, if not for the sake of the boys? Wouldn't he be contacting her friends for possible clues or ideas to where she could have run off to? Wouldn't he seem 'crushed' by it, especially since he likely denies rumors that the marriage was troubled, that he was controlling, since she wanted to start her own home business (according to him), et al? Wouldn't there be evidence of missing monies/withdrawals from the bank account she opened to leave him?

No joke! They are serious! In fact, Josh is expecting Susan to return any day now which is why he moved in with his father who Susan reportedly could not stand! Try all you want Steve Powell. You only make yourself look the fool every time you open your trap or pen a paragraph!

It was reported to me that Susan did not want her boys to be alone with Steve Powell (by a reliable source). If Josh wants Susan to come back to him, why is he living with a man who she wouldn't allow to be alone with their children and who was not welcome in their West Valley City home?

I see smoke coming out of the back of his pants!

Melanie
06-23-2010, 02:15 AM
No joke! They are serious! In fact, Josh is expecting Susan to return any day now which is why he moved in with his father who Susan reportedly could not stand! Try all you want Steve Powell. You only make yourself look the fool every time you open your trap or pen a paragraph!

It was reported to me that Susan did not want her boys to be alone with Steve Powell (by a reliable source). If Josh wants Susan to come back to him, why is he living with a man who she wouldn't allow to be alone with their children and who was not welcome in their West Valley City home?

I just have one question for Steven Powell. How is Susan Powell surviving? Did she withdraw huge sums of cash before walking out? Enough to buy a car, a new wardrobe, an apartment, food? oops - sorry, that was more than one question.

:waitasec:

Mel

JLMcKenna83
06-23-2010, 02:00 PM
If they are such credible sources.. maybe he should name them...

TGIRecovered
06-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much, grayjay!

I suspect that Josh would be tracking her down looking for alimony and child support...after all she was the one who was supporting the family.

I think someone who wanted to mess with Steven Powell's mind probably made some kind of sarcastic statement about Susan running off, just to see his reaction. Can you even imagine how irritating he must be in person? :rolleyes:"Yeah, yeah Steven, we know- Susan just ran off in the middle of the night with no car, no money, none of her clothes or belongings, and left her babies with Josh...because Susan knows how good he is at caring and providing for his children! You are right- we believe you!" :rolleyes:

Jules_SA
06-23-2010, 03:18 PM

BBM
Um...that's not smoke :rolling:

PickieChickie
06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
I suspect that Josh would be tracking her down looking for alimony and child support...after all she was the one who was supporting the family.

I think someone who wanted to mess with Steven Powell's mind probably made some kind of sarcastic statement about Susan running off, just to see his reaction. Can you even imagine how irritating he must be in person? :rolleyes:"Yeah, yeah Steven, we know- Susan just ran off in the middle of the night with no car, no money, none of her clothes or belongings, and left her babies with Josh...because Susan knows how good he is at caring and providing for his children! You are right- we believe you!" :rolleyes:

No kidding! If Steve and Josh Powell really believe Susan ran off, as angry as both of them appear to get, they would be spewing about what a terrible mother Susan was to run off and abandon her family and to leave everyone worrying that she is dead.

Try all you want, Steve and Josh Powell. You'll never convince anyone that Susan ran off with a rich man who is supplying her every need and that she didn't take one thing with her, that she felt the best time to vanish was after Josh told her he was taking the boys to go camping in the middle of the night during 20 degree weather on a Sunday when Josh was to be at work several hours later, that she would let her parents and friends worry themselves sick all this time as well as make her little boys think she abandoned them.

PickieChickie
06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
No kidding! If Steve and Josh Powell really believe Susan ran off, as angry as both of them appear to get, they would be spewing about what a terrible mother Susan was to run off and abandon her family and to leave everyone worrying that she is dead.

Try all you want, Steve and Josh Powell. You'll never convince anyone that Susan ran off with a rich man who is supplying her every need and that she didn't take one thing with her, that she felt the best time to vanish was after Josh told her he was taking the boys to go camping in the middle of the night during 20 degree weather on a Sunday when Josh was to be at work several hours later, that she would let her parents and friends worry themselves sick all this time as well as make her little boys think she abandoned them.

If Susan was alive, she would have come out of hiding to file for custody of sons to get them away from the sick men they are living with!

JLMcKenna83
06-24-2010, 08:41 AM
There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. We're talking about a woman who loved her children so much that she was willing to ride a bicycle to work to support them and she planted a garden just to make sure they had nutritious food. These are not the traits of a woman who is going to just run away and leave her children. (Not even to come back for them on a later date...) I believe Susan had gotten fed up, she and Josh got into a fight (she possibly said I'm leaving and taking the kids...) and he killed her.

It's just a coincidence that Susan leaves the night that he takes his kids "camping" at an undisclosed location (which he can't remember where this campsite is?) at midnight in the middle of the winter? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that Josh comes back from the camping trip with windburn/frostbite so bad that his hands are neon red and chapped? nuh uh. It's a coincidence that Susan is missing and there's a wet spot on the carpet with fans blowing on it and a comforter missing? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that while his van is impounded, Josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it almost overnight? COME ON! It's a coincidence that very shortly after Susan "runs away" Josh moves to his father's house? Nope! I'm very very sorry and I don't usually do this, but if this were any other state, Josh would be arrested. Why hasn't he been arrested yet?

ckwood32
06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
When is this clown going to be arrested?????

iluvmua
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
I hope they arrest Josh SOON. it's VERY obvious that he killed Susan.

It's only a matter of time before they arrest him and charge him with 1st degree murder.

Does anybody know why they have not arrested him yet?

PickieChickie
06-24-2010, 09:28 AM
There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. We're talking about a woman who loved her children so much that she was willing to ride a bicycle to work to support them and she planted a garden just to make sure they had nutritious food. These are not the traits of a woman who is going to just run away and leave her children. (Not even to come back for them on a later date...) I believe Susan had gotten fed up, she and Josh got into a fight (she possibly said I'm leaving and taking the kids...) and he killed her.

It's just a coincidence that Susan leaves the night that he takes his kids "camping" at an undisclosed location (which he can't remember where this campsite is?) at midnight in the middle of the winter? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that Josh comes back from the camping trip with windburn/frostbite so bad that his hands are neon red and chapped? nuh uh. It's a coincidence that Susan is missing and there's a wet spot on the carpet with fans blowing on it and a comforter missing? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that while his van is impounded, Josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it almost overnight? COME ON! It's a coincidence that very shortly after Susan "runs away" Josh moves to his father's house? Nope! I'm very very sorry and I don't usually do this, but if this were any other state, Josh would be arrested. Why hasn't he been arrested yet?

I agree. Two corrections:

1.) After returning from renting the car, Josh's hands were bright red and, according to Peterson, a friend who Josh stopped by to visit, had the worst case of wind burn he'd ever seen.

2.) Josh had to buy a new comforter because law enforcement took it when they conducted a search on the Powell's West Valley City home. (He bought it at WalMart along with new clothes and a cell phone, purchases he was talking about making to Peterson on the same day he had the wind burned hands.)

Quotes from news article:

Tim Petersen, Powell's neighbor tells ABC 4 news that Powell came over to their house on Wednesday evening, just days after Susan disappeared and told them about a new phone he bought and asked for a ride to pick up his minivan. Petersen said, "We asked about Susan but he didn't want to talk about her. He only wanted to talk about his new clothes and phone."

Petersen also says when Powell came to his house he had the worst case of wind burned he'd ever seen. Petersen said they were bright red and he had a bottle of lotion with him and kept applying it on his hands.

Police took Powell's van Monday night, between that night and Wednesday Powell put hundreds of miles on his rental car. Petersen thinks he may have gone back to the campground. "I just kind of speculate he went out there again and I wonder why would someone do that?"

But, if Powell did go back out there that could explain his red hands. That Monday was bitter cold, in the middle of the first wave of a major storm and the wind chills in the area were in the low teens.

NOTE: This article doesn't mention the comforter purchase but I remember reading that's why he bought a new one and thinking that it was pretty irresponsible to be spending all that money when he wouldn't have Susan's income to pay the mortgage, etc.

If the comforter was missing from Josh and Susan's bed when the police broke the window to gain entry and who allowed people who knew Susan and Josh well into the home, I think as "big a deal" would have been made about the missing comforter as the two fans blowing on the wet spot.

It is clear the people went into Josh and Susan's bedroom because Susan's purse, keys and cell phone were on the bed, according to someone who was allowed in the house at that time. (I think it was Jennifer Graves, Susan's sister-in-law. You can refer to the thread "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends where I believe Jennifer's husband, Kirk Graves, answered a question about the cell phone, keys and purse.)

Source: http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Cell-phone-notes-could-provide-answers-into-Susan/n8xTFRQLOkKihW2iYi34wA.cspx

JLMcKenna83
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I wonder why LE didn't have someone following him when he rented the car... How can one UT PD get things so right (Ethan) and one get them so very very wrong (Susan)?

PickieChickie
06-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I wonder why LE didn't have someone following him when he rented the car... How can one UT PD get things so right (Ethan) and one get them so very very wrong (Susan)?

The West Valley City police chief said he wasn't aware Josh had rented a car and they weren't notified by the rental car agency until several days later and only after the car had been rented out several times, something which I find to be totally incompetent on the part of the West Valley City Police Department.

What baffles me is why the person who drove him to the rental car agency didn't alert the authorities.

In the Websleuths' Susan Powell thread entitled "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends", Kirk Graves, Josh's brother-in-law, would not go into specifics when answering my question "How did Josh get to the rental car agency" other than to state "He got a ride."

I doubt Josh paid for a taxi and suspect either Jennifer or Kirk, who babysat the children for 24 hours while Josh had the car, gave him a ride nearby and didn't realize he would be walking to the agency from where they dropped him off (or) they gave him a ride there and didn't report the fact he was renting a car because they were in denial about Josh having anything to do with Susan's disappearance.

I do not know why law enforcement wasn't keeping a watchful eye on Josh. It is really a shame Josh wasn't being monitored as that trip could have revealed a lot.

Another thing that astounded and disappointed me was the claim the vehicle Josh rented didn't have a GPS tracking device, according to law enforcement, something which makes me wonder if Josh called around to various car rental agencies to learn if there were cars available for rent which didn't have them.

What would the odds be, in this modern day, of Josh just happening to rent a car without a GPS tracking device? I believe that is why he rented that particular car, that he knew it didn't have one and chose that car for that reason because he didn't want law enforcement to learn where he went during those 24 hours.

CDB
06-24-2010, 10:40 AM
The West Valley City police chief said he wasn't aware Josh had rented a car and they weren't notified by the rental car agency until several days later and only after the car had been rented out several times, something which I find to be totally incompetent on the part of the West Valley City Police Department.

What baffles me is why the person who drove him to the rental car agency didn't alert the authorities.

In the Websleuths' Susan Powell thread entitled "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends", Kirk Graves, Josh's brother-in-law, would not go into specifics when answering my question "How did Josh get to the rental car agency" other than to state "He got a ride."

I doubt Josh paid for a taxi and suspect either Jennifer or Kirk, who babysat the children for 24 hours while Josh had the car, gave him a ride nearby and didn't realize he would be walking to the agency from where they dropped him off (or) they gave him a ride there and didn't report the fact he was renting a car because they were in denial about Josh having anything to do with Susan's disappearance.

I do not know why law enforcement wasn't keeping a watchful eye on Josh. It is really a shame Josh wasn't being monitored as that trip could have revealed a lot.

Another thing that astounded and disappointed me was the claim the vehicle Josh rented didn't have a GPS tracking device, according to law enforcement, something which makes me wonder if Josh called around to various car rental agencies to learn if there were cars available for rent which didn't have them.

What would the odds be, in this modern day, of Josh just happening to rent a car without a GPS tracking device? I believe that is why he rented that particular car, that he knew it didn't have one and chose that car for that reason because he didn't want law enforcement to learn where he went during those 24 hours.

For what it is worth, I went on a trip last week and rented a nearly new Ford Fusion and it was not equipped with GPS tracking. I even asked at the counter when I returned it if they had GPS tracking to account for my usage. The reply..."We offer GPS as an option, but the cars are insured for theft."

So the odds are actually quite good that he could have rented a car without GPS. For the record my DW is home safe and I do not have wind burned hands.:angel:

JLMcKenna83
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
For what it is worth, I went on a trip last week and rented a nearly new Ford Fusion and it was not equipped with GPS tracking. I even asked at the counter when I returned it if they had GPS tracking to account for my usage. The reply..."We offer GPS as an option, but the cars are insured for theft."

So the odds are actually quite good that he could have rented a car without GPS. For the record my DW is home safe and I do not have wind burned hands.:angel:

that made me giggle. thanks.

adnoid
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
...they believe she is alive and may have left of her own accord...

People believe all kinds of things. (http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/) Doesn't make it so.

hroark2112
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Jimmy Hoffa disappeared of his own accord as well.

PickieChickie
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Jimmy Hoffa disappeared of his own accord as well.

Many people disappear intentionally for various reasons. However, I don't think there is any comparison between Susan Powell's and Jimmy Hoffa's lifestyles or circumstances.

From Wikipedia:

Jimmy Hoffa, who had been convicted of jury tampering, attempted bribery, and fraud in 1964, was imprisoned in 1967, sentenced to 13 years, after exhausting the appeal process.

However, he did not officially resign the Teamsters' presidency until mid-1971.

This was part of a pardon agreement with U.S. president Richard Nixon, in order to facilitate Hoffa's release from prison in late 1971.

Nixon blocked Hoffa from union activities until 1980; Hoffa was attempting to overturn this order and to regain support.

He was last seen in late July 1975, outside a suburban Detroit restaurant called the Machus Red Fox.[3]

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_hoffa

justice57
06-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Ethan Stacy was the Layton City PD and Susan is the West Valley City PD. West Valley is a large suburb of Salt Lake City. Layton is a smaller community. It is more close knit with very little crime.

AbbieNormal
06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE=JLMcKenna83;5327964]There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. /QUOTE]\

Respectfully snipped for space.....

ITA. I want to know what the wet spot on the carpet was. Did LE cut that section of carpet out, and test the padding and floor underneath it? Surely they did.... Did LE speak to the children, even though they are very young, they are witnesses. Surely they did.... ????

Why was Josh permitted to leave the state, move away, so soon after the disappearance of his spouse, without causing LE to ramp up their suspicions? How in the world could friends and neighbors who knew the couple well possibly believe Josh's story, and even help him pack and move???

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....this man is guilty of murdering his wife. His "story" stinks to high heaven and is not believable in any way, shape or form.

But, the cops have nothing on him to arrest him. Could this moron who could not even put together a believable story have committed the perfect crime?

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET????

~abbie

PickieChickie
06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
~abbie

I want to know what the wet spot on the carpet was. So does everyone else, including me!

Did LE cut that section of carpet out, and test the padding and floor underneath it? Yes, a very large section of the carpet and padding was cut out, according to reliable witnesses who helped pack up Susan's belongings. Because they were removed from the home, we must assume they were tested. We don't know if the results have come back from the crime lab yet. Surely enough time has passed but obtaining DNA results can take many months.

Did LE speak to the children, even though they are very young, they are witnesses? I know son, who was four-years-old at the time, was asked questions by law enforcement shortly after Susan disappeared with Josh present. I do not know if a social worker or investigator has been able to question either of the boys without Josh present. I really doubt it. Perhaps this will take place if and when son starts attending school and during school hours without Josh being present or aware. (I am suspecting, if son knows a lot, that Josh will not allow him to go to school but homeschool him instead.)

Why was Josh permitted to leave the state, move away, so soon after the disappearance of his spouse, without causing LE to ramp up their suspicions? Only a court order issued by a judge can restrain a person from leaving a particular area or moving out of a county or state. Because Josh was not arrested and ordered to appear in court where such an order could be made, he is free to travel and live wherever he pleases, including other countries.

How in the world could friends and neighbors who knew the couple well possibly believe Josh's story, and even help him pack and move??? Susan's dear friends such as Kiirsi Hellewell and Josh's sister, Jennifer Graves, helped pack up Susan's belongings because they wanted them to be treated with respect. Furthermore, they were looking and listening for clues.

The reasons/motives behind the various people who helped Josh varied from wanting to get him out of the neighborhood as soon as possible for being tired of all the commotion and media attention to simply doing the Christian thing. I'm sure some were simply curious about what the inside of Josh's house looked like while others may have hoped to appear in news video footage and newspaper photos.

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET???? Clearly there isn't enough evidence to charge and arrest Josh for murdering Susan Powell. The county prosecutor needs to make certain there is sufficient evidence/proof so a jury would NOT find him innocent due to reasonable doubt.

Just because Josh hasn't been charged and arrested doesn't mean law enforcement doesn't have a substantial amount of evidence linking Josh to Susan's disappearance and possible murder, it simply means there isn't enough at this point in time to take the matter to trial and be certain a jury would find him guilty.

They may still be waiting for DNA test results to come back from the lab as well as for someone to come forward who Josh confided in about what he did to Susan. This is why it is so important that the reward be increased a substantial amount.

KBH5
06-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Really liked your last post, Pickie. Very good answers and points and information. Thanks!

teacher 3
06-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Pickie
Thanks for the responses you posted. You and many others have stood up to the plate, so to speak, on Susan's behalf. I have followed this but I did take a break for a couple of weeks because I find this very upsetting and am so afraid Josh will never be charged. I am also concerned about the police and if they are really on top of the situation. As a teacher I have seen kids do all sorts of things and get away with it due to ineptness and other issues. Let's hope the police have enough to charge Josh eventually and get those kids away from this family; to even suggest that Susan made a run for it is beyond the pale...Again, thanks to all of you for caring about Susan; obviously, much more than her husband, .........

hamberg
07-04-2010, 08:12 PM
There are many of your statements that need to be corrected.

First Josh made more $$$ than Susan. I know how much Josh was making and was afraid to leave his present position for more money because of the economy. I can tell you that in the present economy Josh could have made a minimum of $15K more than he was earning at that time. Bad economy does introduces some fears into people and technical job recruiters have felt the pinch big times. Top wages have gone down in the software industry but I knew Josh well enough to tell you Josh would have had no problem making at least $15K more than he was presently making and Josh was making more $$$ than Susan was.

Second point is that Josh is entitled to just as much information as the Cox family is receiving related to the search for Susan. The WVCPD is not sharing information into a criminal investigation with the Cox family because of the gag order. If Josh wants that information being the husband he has the right. Remember once Josh is declared a suspect they have to turn all that stuff over to his attorney as part of the discovery process.

Third point is that women have left their families before. Women have also disappeared without notifying anybody. A neighbor's daughter disappeared while she was working as a nanny in Ohio and that was well reported in the local media. It's uncommon granted just like women murdering their children and spouses but it does happen. Remember Piper Rountree? I sat behind her in English and next to her in biology and she was not only attractive but also well liked and she flew from Houston to Virginia to blow her ex-husband away. Stuff like this is rare so it does happen.

Fourth point, while I believe Susan is dead, Susan could have easily moved in with somebody and disappeared. It wouldn't have been hard to disappear and you have to remember that Elizabeth Smart was walking down the street and wasn't noticed and it wasn't until people started looking for Brian David Mitchell that Elizabeth was found. I realize it very unlikely that this happened but Susan could easily be staying with a friend and never be seen.

Fifth point is that this is Utah and while women can get stuck paying alimony and child support, the courts rarely goes after women for this in Utah. The laws in Utah are so biased here against men it's alarming. Just look at the teachers accused of having sex with students. Female teachers do not get the same sentence that male teachers do. That's just a fact of life and you have to realize that life isn't fair or equal (and I'm glad of that too)

Sixth point is I personally told Josh to speak to only his attorney and the WVCPD and nobody else regarding the details of December 6th & 7th. The WVCPD also knows I said that to Josh as well as they have heard me say that to Josh (and that doesn't bother me either - glad they were listening.) I also pointed out to Captain McLauchlin and the detective that interviewed me what they could do to get Josh to speak to them but they said stuff like that wasn't their jobs. After the interviews of December 7th & 8th they show up with search warrants on the December 10th doesn't instill trust. At that point I think the WVCPD proved it was they weren't interested in continuing the conversation.

PRESENTLY Susan is only a missing person and during my interview with the WVCPD, I was told specifically they were treating this as a missing persons case and not as if Susan was the victim of foul play. If the WVCPD had evidence to have charged Josh they would have declared Josh a suspect and have arrested Josh.

You can attack Josh and Stephen Powell all you want however until they find Susan your efforts are premature. Presently what happened to Susan is pure speculation and Susan needs to found first. Once they arrest somebody and have a trial, I will personally ENCOURAGE you to malign that guilty party regardless of whomever that is because I will be echoing similar comments. However before that point, those types of comments do nothing to help this tragic situation come to a conclusion.

grayjay
07-04-2010, 09:03 PM
There are many of your statements that need to be corrected.

First Josh made more $$$ than Susan. I know how much Josh was making and was afraid to leave his present position for more money because of the economy. I can tell you that in the present economy Josh could have made a minimum of $15K more than he was earning at that time. Bad economy does introduces some fears into people and technical job recruiters have felt the pinch big times. Top wages have gone down in the software industry but I knew Josh well enough to tell you Josh would have had no problem making at least $15K more than he was presently making and Josh was making more $$$ than Susan was.

Second point is that Josh is entitled to just as much information as the Cox family is receiving related to the search for Susan. The WVCPD is not sharing information into a criminal investigation with the Cox family because of the gag order. If Josh wants that information being the husband he has the right. Remember once Josh is declared a suspect they have to turn all that stuff over to his attorney as part of the discovery process.

Third point is that women have left their families before. Women have also disappeared without notifying anybody. A neighbor's daughter disappeared while she was working as a nanny in Ohio and that was well reported in the local media. It's uncommon granted just like women murdering their children and spouses but it does happen. Remember Piper Rountree? I sat behind her in English and next to her in biology and she was not only attractive but also well liked and she flew from Houston to Virginia to blow her ex-husband away. Stuff like this is rare so it does happen.

Fourth point, while I believe Susan is dead, Susan could have easily moved in with somebody and disappeared. It wouldn't have been hard to disappear and you have to remember that Elizabeth Smart was walking down the street and wasn't noticed and it wasn't until people started looking for Brian David Mitchell that Elizabeth was found. I realize it very unlikely that this happened but Susan could easily be staying with a friend and never be seen.

Fifth point is that this is Utah and while women can get stuck paying alimony and child support, the courts rarely goes after women for this in Utah. The laws in Utah are so biased here against men it's alarming. Just look at the teachers accused of having sex with students. Female teachers do not get the same sentence that male teachers do. That's just a fact of life and you have to realize that life isn't fair or equal (and I'm glad of that too)

Sixth point is I personally told Josh to speak to only his attorney and the WVCPD and nobody else regarding the details of December 6th & 7th. The WVCPD also knows I said that to Josh as well as they have heard me say that to Josh (and that doesn't bother me either - glad they were listening.) I also pointed out to Captain McLauchlin and the detective that interviewed me what they could do to get Josh to speak to them but they said stuff like that wasn't their jobs. After the interviews of December 7th & 8th they show up with search warrants on the December 10th doesn't instill trust. At that point I think the WVCPD proved it was they weren't interested in continuing the conversation.

PRESENTLY Susan is only a missing person and during my interview with the WVCPD, I was told specifically they were treating this as a missing persons case and not as if Susan was the victim of foul play. If the WVCPD had evidence to have charged Josh they would have declared Josh a suspect and have arrested Josh.

You can attack Josh and Stephen Powell all you want however until they find Susan your efforts are premature. Presently what happened to Susan is pure speculation and Susan needs to found first. Once they arrest somebody and have a trial, I will personally ENCOURAGE you to malign that guilty party regardless of whomever that is because I will be echoing similar comments. However before that point, those types of comments do nothing to help this tragic situation come to a conclusion.
Ham,

Thank you so much for coming here to straighten out the record. I'm also glad that you're reviving these threads which had gotten little attention lately.

Do you have any way to prove your statement about the incomes? That would be most informative. Otherwise, it's rumor.

I'm not sure I get your point about Josh's entitlement to information. AFAIK, it goes both ways and Josh has been the one who hasn't been willing to talk to WVPD.

If Susan made less money than Josh, wouldn't it be a non-starter, for there to be consideration about Susan having to pay alimony and child support in a divorce? In such a case, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest for POI to earn the income and share it according to the decree of the courts?

As far as the fact that SP is a MP, It's by no means over. LE can say and not say whatever they want. They won't say all that they know, and personally I'm assured they know a lot.

We the people can speculate all we want. We can be creative about solutions to this case, because it actually impacts us all.
:twocents: :cow:

AbbieNormal
07-04-2010, 09:31 PM

OT, your dog is beautiful.

PickieChickie
07-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Ham,

Thank you so much for coming here to straighten out the record. I'm also glad that you're reviving these threads which had gotten little attention lately.

Do you have any way to prove your statement about the incomes? That would be most informative. Otherwise, it's rumor.

I'm not sure I get your point about Josh's entitlement to information. AFAIK, it goes both ways and Josh has been the one who hasn't been willing to talk to WVPD.

If Susan made less money than Josh, wouldn't it be a non-starter, for there to be consideration about Susan having to pay alimony and child support in a divorce? In such a case, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest for POI to earn the income and share it according to the decree of the courts?

As far as the fact that SP is a MP, It's by no means over. LE can say and not say whatever they want. They won't say all that they know, and personally I'm assured they know a lot.

We the people can speculate all we want. We can be creative about solutions to this case, because it actually impacts us all.
:twocents: :cow:
If Josh was so worried about changing jobs because of the struggling economy, you'd think he'd have shown up for work rather than taking his 2 and 4 year old boys camping on a Sunday night at midnight out to the middle of nowhere in 20 degree weather when he had to be to work several hours after he left!

That job clearly wasn't very important to Josh, was it?

I wonder if he's working yet.

AlexisFresca
07-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Pickie, of course he's working! He's making an attempt to edumacate his two boys via homeschooling.

grayjay
07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET???? Clearly there isn't enough evidence to charge and arrest Josh for murdering Susan Powell. The county prosecutor needs to make certain there is sufficient evidence/proof so a jury would NOT find him innocent due to reasonable doubt.

Just because Josh hasn't been charged and arrested doesn't mean law enforcement doesn't have a substantial amount of evidence linking Josh to Susan's disappearance and possible murder, it simply means there isn't enough at this point in time to take the matter to trial and be certain a jury would find him guilty.

They may still be waiting for DNA test results to come back from the lab as well as for someone to come forward who Josh confided in about what he did to Susan. This is why it is so important that the reward be increased a substantial amount.
It is also possible they know they can get him but they also want more of him for a premeditated cold blooded murder. He's a POI now, but for the DP it's a higher standard, and I think they're going for it.

:twocents:
:cow:

hamberg
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM

Josh personally told me how much he was making. I also was with Josh on a couple of occasions when he was approached by job recruiters so I know what Josh said as I was there. I also know with Josh's skill set what Josh should have been making so I can tell you that Josh was being underpaid.

Josh also asked me for rides so I knew they only had one car. In July, after one user group meeting we spoke for a couple of hours after that meeting. Part of the conversation, Josh was sitting in the back of his minivan and I had my foot up on his bumper during the conversation. I also gave Josh a ride home from a user group meeting where I drove Josh by my house so he would know where I lived. He also asked me for rides to user group meetings but during those times I had other things I was having do first so I wasn't able to give Josh a ride.

If Susan was making more than Josh then they would not have had only 1 car and would not have been in the financial situation they were in. Josh has been in my house and I've been in his. His basement is mostly unfinished as well as his patio deck. The Powell situation would have been significantly different.

Do I have proof to your satisfaction. "NO!"

However think about it for a second. If Susan would have made more than Josh based on what everybody was saying about their marriage would Susan have stayed? If Susan and Josh had gotten a divorce, Susan would have gotten the children (this is Utah) and Josh would have been stuck with child support and paying for the kids insurance. Susan would have been much better off if the stories everybody else were saying were true.

Josh doesn't have to talk to the WVCPD! Josh can ask to receive the same briefings as Chuck Cox as Chuck Cox has less legal right to that information than Josh does.

A parent loses that plenty of rights when somebody gets married. An example would be say I get an accident and my mother wants to see me in the hospital. My wife can legally say 'NO' and my mother can do nothing about it except through the court system which would deny her that right. If I was single that would be a different situation.

You definitely don't know what you are talking about. Josh would get no alimony in a divorce. Absolutely none! In the State of Utah, the woman gets the children unless the man can prove the woman is an unfit parent or the woman gives up her rights to the children. Child support in this state is based on a formula based on how much the husband makes so even Susan made $1 million/year and Josh made minimum wage, Josh would still have to pay child support. Probably have to pay for the kids insurance as well.

WVCPD has interviewed over 200 people related to Susan's disappearance. I am sure they know plenty. However I spoke to Josh as he was replacing the carpet in the house and can tell you that the WVCPD took that wet section of carpet but did not take the pad. The WVCPD has the Powell telephone records including the prepaid cell phone and the cell phone information is not only the numbers called but the towers used during those calls.

While it is illegal for you to lie (knowingly give false information) to the WVCPD it is not illegal for the police to knowing lie to you or to the media. If what Steven Powell is saying is correct about 10 hours of interviews knowing how much Josh likes to talk, that should tell you more that the WVCPD isn't being entirely honest.

Doesn't do anybody good at this point to do what you are calling speculation because what you folks are doing is nothing but gossip. What good has become of you so-called speculation? Have you uncovered any leads that have been useful in finding Susan?

In December I was commenting that if Susan wasn't found by June they might not be able to prove anything more than cause of death. Any evidence proving who killed Susan would be gone. Unfortunately those closest to Susan were against a search. Promoting a search would say they believed Susan to be dead which is something they didn't want to do.

Unless you know the Powells or live in this area, this situation doesn't really affect you. I would say is that if a loved one of yours does disappear do not use this tragic situation as the example of what to do. Use it as an example of what not to do.

hamberg
07-05-2010, 01:31 PM
It is also possible they know they can get him but they also want more of him for a premeditated cold blooded murder. He's a POI now, but for the DP it's a higher standard, and I think they're going for it.

Problem is you don't understand how the Utah justice system works.

The sentence for this type of crime was "6 Years to Life" prior to Mark Hacking and after Mark Hacking killed Lori the sentence was changed to "20 Years to Life" The only way the "DEATH PENALTY" can come into play is if Josh poisoned Susan (I think we can rule out brutal death because of the lack of physical evidence found in the Powell home.)

What you and everybody seems to be forgetting that Josh told the WVCPD that he went to Simpson Springs. If the WVCPD can prove Josh was someplace else other than Tooele County and couldn't have been in Tooele County then you have a case of lying to investigators. That is enough to put somebody behind bars for years even if they aren't guilty of the actual crime.

The WVCPD has Josh's phone and bank records so they know approximately where Josh was at 3pm on December 7th and if Josh's phone was on, they know where he was each time Josh received a phone call. That could be as early as about 9am on December 7th. You also need to remember if what Josh said was true and he left his house at 12:30am on December 7th then Josh was in the car for about 17 hours so that means he had to get gas at least once. I don't know if you have gotten gas lately but Josh wasn't know for carrying that much in cash on him so they know where everywhere he used an ATM card (including if he took out say $300 from an ATM before he left West Valley.)

The WVCPD would have already charged Josh if they had the evidence even if it was a simple charge of providing the WVCPD with false information. The WVCPD knows the best sentence they can get is "20 Years to Life" but if they could have Josh in jail for lying to them for a few years while trying to find Susan they surely would have pursued that route.

believe09
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Wonder if Josh used a disposable phone?

AbbieNormal
07-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't want to walk behind him either unless I was wearing hip boots.

Is that a cup of kool aide I see in Steve Powell's hand? Uh-huh, thought so.