PDA

View Full Version : Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared?

pufnstuf
06-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Were Terri and Kaine both waiting for Kyron at the bus stop? Was Kaine at work that day or was he off work? Early reports and Kaine's email say that Kaine and Terri were at the bus stop. But later reports (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html) don't mention that.

The Email:

[i]From: Horman, Kaine A
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: FW: Kaine Horman's son is missing

All,

If you have seen local Oregon news or been browsing the internet or FaceBook there is a good chance you have seen an article similar to the one that Becky forwarded (below). While this note is difficult for me to write in this state of mind I felt it necessary for Kyron’s sake.

http://ackerlaw.com/blog

Early article from KOIN that now can only be found through google cache (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ezKs1Gy8VJoJ:www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Teacher-never-saw-missing-2nd-Grade-in-class/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx+/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3D%2Bsite:www.koinlocal6.com% 2B%2522Teacher%2Bnever%2Bsaw%2Bmissing%2B2nd%2Bgra de%2Bin%2Bclass%2522&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us):

6angels
06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
If he was home I wonder if he normally is at that time.

If he was normally home at that time did they normally walk to the bus together? ( It reads in his e-mail as they did that day or that is how I read it)

oregonmum
06-17-2010, 12:25 AM
If he was at home that makes me really unsettled. As I stated before I really am not liking all these coincidences.
I also wonder if it was a scheduled day off or he took it off, it was a Friday so he could have taken it off for a 3 day weekend?
I highly doubt them going to the bus stop together was the norm, if he was working full time.

MOO.

sofia76
06-17-2010, 12:52 AM
I have a friend whose brother is a colleague of Kaine's and he travels frequently for work. Maybe Kaine does, too, and gets comp time or telecommutes some days?

human
06-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I am wondering about being home all day or not. He could have a flexible schedule where he came home early on Fried day.

However, although this is not a question section, I have to state it somehow not to be a question.

It is my understanding (perhaps false) that Kyron had his weekend with the mother.

It is a five hour drive. I am wondering if they planned on leaving then and meeting her half way for the exchange.

I wonder , if this is what the arrangement is, if both parents would drive or just one as there is an 18 month old to consider.

That would be five hours of driving on one day (back and forth) and five hours of driving for the pick up exchange.

Perhaps bio mom stayed in the area rather than drive back home. I have no way of knowing.

Emma Peel
06-17-2010, 01:32 AM
My thought is this:

It would make sense to me that he was home to meet the bus. He planned to do so, because Kyron was headed to Desiree's for the weekend - so he was there to see Kyron off / spend some time with him / drive him halfway ...

I'm speculating but ... here's where I got the suggestion that it was Kyron's weekend with Desiree. (thanks joshiesmom)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

rexy
06-17-2010, 07:50 AM
If they both met him at the bus stop I wonder if the 18 month old was with them? I have looked for information about this and can't find any.

This could have been a routine where every other Friday they take him to meet his mom. I wonder if they always met the bus together every other Friday so they could leave right away? I wonder if they ever picked him up on Friday afternoons so they could leave right away from school?

gliving
06-17-2010, 09:26 AM
My engineer friend works four 10 hour days M-TH. It saves the factory money to only run four days, and the worker money by less commuting costs, plus the three day weekend.

We could check Intel perhaps?

TGIRecovered
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
If Kaine was off work that day, it would make more sense for him to take Kyron to the science fair and attend the talent show than for step-mom to do it.

At my kids' school, parents routinely take their child home with them following any type of afternoon event which parents attend. They have a list at the office to sign them out.

Many, many parents at our school take their child out early on any Friday they plan to go out of town. I would think that a five-hour trip with a 7yr old would certainly warrant an early release! Even if the parents meet half-way, the poor child still has to travel the entire distance!

I wish we knew what Kyron's usual routine was on traveling weekends.

BeanE
06-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Kaine may have taken only part of the day off from work, or he may have had an off-site meeting for part of the day and then gone home, or he may at times telecommute.

We know directly from him that, for some reason, he was at the bus stop during what for most, are normal working hours.

It could well be that he telecommutes a certain few days a week and that on those days his routine is to go to the bus stop, either with or without Terri, to pick up Kyron.

Lots of possibilities.

TXHOPE
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
I still think the "we" could be referring to just TH and he's speaking for them as a couple-equal responsibility. He's probably careful with his wording because he doesn't want to single her out anymore than she already is or to insinuate any blame. He continues to use "we" through out the statement-he never mentions Terri's name or "my wife", even as the one that dropped Kyron off.

Wise Old Owl
06-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Regardless of where Kaine was during most of the day - we do have somewhat confirmation that he was off work and available during bus stop time and when the initial discovery of missing came. The LE calls state that "they" (Terri and/or Kaine) were told that one parent needed to be at the home and it was Kaine that went back to the home.

So he was home around the 3 - 4 o'clock hour that day - whether he got off early, took the day off, had off-site meetings that ended earlier than the end of the work day; or telecommutes we simply don't know.

I would like to know where Kaine was during the entire day and was this his normal; semi-normal schedule for his Fridays.

TXHOPE
06-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Regardless of where Kaine was during most of the day - we do have somewhat confirmation that he was off work and available during bus stop time and when the initial discovery of missing came. The LE calls state that "they" (Terri and/or Kaine) were told that one parent needed to be at the home and it was Kaine that went back to the home.

So he was home around the 3 - 4 o'clock hour that day - whether he got off early, took the day off, had off-site meetings that ended earlier than the end of the work day; or telecommutes we simply don't know.

I would like to know where Kaine was during the entire day and was this his normal; semi-normal schedule for his Fridays.

Couldn't Terri of called him as soon as she realized Kyron wasn't on the bus? He could of immediately left work and went to the school. Just thinking of all possibilities.

Wise Old Owl
06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Couldn't Terri of called him as soon as she realized Kyron wasn't on the bus? He could of immediately left work and went to the school. Just thinking of all possibilities.
Good question!!! We simply don't know where his "office" was and how far he would have been had he been called when Kyron wasn't on the bus.

seeking truth
06-17-2010, 05:58 PM
I still think the "we" could be referring to just TH and he's speaking for them as a couple-equal responsibility. He's probably careful with his wording because he doesn't want to single her out anymore than she already is or to insinuate any blame. He continues to use "we" through out the statement-he never mentions Terri's name or "my wife", even as the one that dropped Kyron off.I don't think we have any way of knowing yet whether or not Kaine Horman stayed home from work on June 4th, or whether or not he came home early; to meet Kyron's bus or for any other reason. Not yet. Not until something is released or leaked.

It is troubling to me, the way he wrote the email. So detached, so lacking in warmth of any kind. Very cold-sounding. Very careful. Why in the world did he ask his co-workers not to speak to the media?

It is troubling to me, even if he was trying to be be concise, that he said that Terri "dropped Kyron off at 8:45 am." This is not true. According to his wife, Terri, she was at the school with Kyron for quite a long time. She took at least one photograph of Kyron in front of his project in what appears to be a very empty classroom. This points towards being at the school before most of the other people arrived.

Kyron was NOT just dropped off. Unless all that has been reported is untrue.

It is troubling that he states that they called the police in concert with the school. He doesn't say simply, we called 911. My guess is that they never did and never planned to. Why mention contacting the police at all in his email? My guess is, this would be a huge factor and he was already being asked about this; by LE and by co-workers and friends.

If he was a the bus stop at the end of the day, was that usual? I imagine we won't know whether he was home from work that day or not until, and IF, this information comes out in a trial, or is leaked to the press.

my OPINIONS.

pufnstuf
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Good question!!! We simply don't know where his "office" was and how far he would have been had he been called when Kyron wasn't on the bus.

His father's office is on the case map.

SleuthyGal
06-17-2010, 06:39 PM
The tone of his email is standard, esp. for men, esp. men sending out email to work colleagues. Men tend to cut to the chase, write the facts, and get to the point. This is especially true of engineering or tech types.

Don't read anything into his email 'tone,' because honestly, that will not give you any info.

As for the whole privacy thing and content of his email, I don't know what to make of that. I would think such an email, instructing Intel employees what to do/not do/media/legalities, would come from someone in HR or Sr. Mgmt, since it's sent to employees and not just personal friends of Kaine. So how that was handled and that Kaine sent the email out I find confusing. If it had been sent by an official of the company then I think there would be much less speculation on that particular piece of communication.

laini
06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Does anybody think Kaine is involved and SM could be covering for him? What do we know about him?

--He was home that day. He didn't go to his son's science fair, though. (or I haven't heard anywhere that he did).
--DY had a RO issued against him with concerns he would take the children years ago.
--His email to coworkers to not discuss things. But no real other communications except for Press Conference.
--History of sex abuse in family including brother being abused and brother being an abuser
--Some feel he comes across as somewhat stoic / not much emotion at press conference.
--No public pleas

If I got any of the above wrong please let me know. I think everything was in articles and not just rumor.
I just keep going back to him. Is anybody else? Was he at school Friday morning and the "questionare" was to somehow verify that? JMO

annalyzer
06-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Does anybody think Kaine is involved and SM could be covering for him? ~ snip
No but I think it may be the other way around. :cow:

The Buzz
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.intel.com/community/oregon/campus/transportation.htm

As far has Kyron’s dad being home for the bus stop the above link is about Intel in Oregon and what they do to help the community – one of the items listed is alternate start times.
Kyron’s dad may work a shift that is not “typical” business hours and allows him to be home for the bus.

Taken from above link:
Transportation

Intel is doing its part to decrease cars on local streets by providing a variety of traffic reduction programs to employees. Intel encourages the use of public transportation, shuttles, carpools and vanpools, and support bike clubs, on-site services and alternate start times. Tri-Met, the Association for Commuter Transportation, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency have all praised Intel's commute reduction program with specific recognition.

swa
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
If he was at home that makes me really unsettled. As I stated before I really am not liking all these coincidences.
I also wonder if it was a scheduled day off or he took it off, it was a Friday so he could have taken it off for a 3 day weekend?
I highly doubt them going to the bus stop together was the norm, if he was working full time.
MOO.

Don't feel bad -- you're just using COMMON SENSE to realize that things don't add up in this case (If you believe a certain theory in this case)

The one comment I'm sick of seeing is, "You don't know how you would act if your child was missing."

Really? I can take a WILD guess that I wouldn't be playing Facebook games, talking about clean sheets, "working out" -- or in other words -- acting is if a burden had been lifted off your shoulders.

It amazes me in cases like these . . . a "perfect" plan is made up -- but the one part they can never rehearse is how to act "after" the crime is committed. It's really hard to make yourself "pretend" you are concerned -- when you already know the outcome.

AlexisFresca
06-23-2010, 03:12 PM
No but I think it may be the other way around. :cow:

That leads to the question, what does that say of a man who could possibly choose a spouse over his own flesh and blood? SO many questions and scenarios are popping into my mind right now, about this. :waitasec:

KariKae
06-23-2010, 03:12 PM
The tone of his email is standard, esp. for men, esp. men sending out email to work colleagues. Men tend to cut to the chase, write the facts, and get to the point. This is especially true of engineering or tech types.

Don't read anything into his email 'tone,' because honestly, that will not give you any info.

As for the whole privacy thing and content of his email, I don't know what to make of that. I would think such an email, instructing Intel employees what to do/not do/media/legalities, would come from someone in HR or Sr. Mgmt, since it's sent to employees and not just personal friends of Kaine. So how that was handled and that Kaine sent the email out I find confusing. If it had been sent by an official of the company then I think there would be much less speculation on that particular piece of communication.

So true, my dh is an engineer and I could totally see him writing this.

AlexisFresca
06-23-2010, 03:14 PM

As far has Kyron’s dad being home for the bus stop the above link is about Intel in Oregon and what they do to help the community – one of the items listed is alternate start times.
Kyron’s dad may work a shift that is not “typical” business hours and allows him to be home for the bus.

Taken from above link:
Transportation

Intel is doing its part to decrease cars on local streets by providing a variety of traffic reduction programs to employees. Intel encourages the use of public transportation, shuttles, carpools and vanpools, and support bike clubs, on-site services and alternate start times. Tri-Met, the Association for Commuter Transportation, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency have all praised Intel's commute reduction program with specific recognition.

This is very common in NJ, thus 'rush hour' never seems to end. Very common for people to leave for work as early as 5:00 a.m. (maybe sooner). Sadly, earlier leave times don't guarantee earlier home arrival times due to traffic and summertime trips to the Jersey shore.

laini
06-23-2010, 03:18 PM
So true, my dh is an engineer and I could totally see him writing this.

But why would THAT be his concern when his son has gone missing without a trace? I can think of so many other things that he hasn't done. So it seems odd that was important to him to complete. JMO

AlexisFresca
06-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Don't feel bad -- you're just using COMMON SENSE to realize that things don't add up in this case (If you believe a certain theory in this case)

The one comment I'm sick of seeing is, "You don't know how you would act if your child was missing."

Really? I can take a WILD guess that I wouldn't be playing Facebook games, talking about clean sheets, "working out" -- or in other words -- acting is if a burden had been lifted off your shoulders.

It amazes me in cases like these . . . a "perfect" plan is made up -- but the one part they can never rehearse is how to act "after" the crime is committed. It's really hard to make yourself "pretend" you are concerned -- when you already know the outcome.

BBM - Well, I think of Susan Smith.... just sayin'.

However, do agree with the bulk of your post. I'd be a complete and utter mess, to say the least. :( Sadly, the 'burden being lifted comment' is sad and disturbing as well.

ella971
06-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I would do everything and anything to try and find my child or any child. Soon I pray we will find out the truth about who was at work or at home or at the gym or playing games or on an island.I hope this was a stranger that took him.If not I will always go with my gut.

nursebeeme
06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

a few things bother me about his email:

1) he tells people not to talk to the media if contacted
2) he says Kyron was "dropped off at 0845" not, "my wife last saw him at 0845" etc. Could this be what he was "told" by his wife????? Did he KNOW what time she actually went to the school that morning???
3) he sent the email 48 hours after Kyron went missing (may not be of a concern to some but for some reason it is odd to me jmhoo)

matou
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM

2) he says Kyron was "dropped off at 0845" not, "my wife last saw him at 0845" etc. Could this be what he was "told" by his wife????? Did he KNOW what time she actually went to the school that morning???
3) he sent the email 48 hours after Kyron went missing (may not be of a concern to some but for some reason it is odd to me jmhoo)

Am I going nuts here or didn't Kaine write in the email that after the bus driver tells 'them' that Kyron was not seen in class all day, that 'they' called 911? The email no longer states that. It now states that 'they notified police in partnership with the school'. Am I remembering this wrong?

TIA

Curious Me
06-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Odd to me too. Couldn't sleep last night trying to piece this together. What about the Father is what my mind keeps asking. Personally, I think keeping him in the background and his own lack of actions to plea for his son's return, etc., screams Hinky.

eyes4crime
06-23-2010, 03:43 PM

BBM (bolded by me)

Good catch nurse - I don't remember seeing that before. Kyron was last seen with s-mom at 8:45a and I'm not aware he was 'dropped' off at any time that am. moo mho

nursebeeme
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Am I going nuts here or didn't Kaine write in the email that after the bus driver tells 'them' that Kyron was not seen in class all day, that 'they' called 911? The email no longer states that. It now states that 'they notified police in partnership with the school'. Am I remembering this wrong?

TIA
I am not sure as I came to the case late... I am looking thru crankycrankerson photobucket to see if our wonderful poster got an early capture of it
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/?start=all

matou
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM

TIA

I just saw a screen shot of the email and it is the same quote. I thought he had mentioned a call to 911 in the email and he did not. A lot of 'we' in the email though.

BeanE
06-23-2010, 04:02 PM

TIA

The email has been modified. I recall discussing with member Seeking Truth and others about how it said they'd called 911 'in concert' with the school. Now it has indeed been changed to 'in participation' with.

Here's my post about 'in concert'. On that page you'll see people discussing it:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

I would like to know who has editing access to that page, who is changing it, and why. It disturbs me tremendously to see something published as an email sent on a specific date and time, and then later changed, because that is very much misleading about what the email said.

I don't care if someone adds on a section and says "Here are some changes" and gives them. But never, never, never publish an email and then change it. It shoots down the person's credibility big time in my book.

nursebeeme
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
and didn't the secretary call the non emergency police number????? I need to find that link that Steadfast gave me with the LE clarification

says BOCA was called not sure what that means

BeanE
06-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Okay. This is really weird. I'm looking up some early copy/pastes of that email, and found some from June 9 that say 'in participation'. I know I absolutely looked at the Acker page and say 'in concert' when it was brought up in the earlier discussion, because I wanted to confirm that unusual wording was indeed what it said. Now I really wish I had taken a screencap. Hopefully some others will recall the 'in concert'.

BeanE
06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
and didn't the secretary call the non emergency police number????? I need to find that link that Steadfast gave me with the LE clarification

I posted links to all that kind of stuff in the Media thread.

RubyRed
06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
The email has been modified. I recall discussing with member Seeking Truth and others about how it said they'd called 911 'in concert' with the school. Now it has indeed been changed to 'in participation' with.

Here's my post about 'in concert'. On that page you'll see people discussing it:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5299452&postcount=422)

I would like to know who has editing access to that page, who is changing it, and why. It disturbs me tremendously to see something published as an email sent on a specific date and time, and then later changed, because that is very much misleading about what the email said.

I don't care if someone adds on a section and says "Here are some changes" and gives them. But never, never, never publish an email and then change it. It shoots down the person's credibility big time in my book.

bbm

at which point we notified police in partnership with the school.

When I found and posted that e-mail it said " in partnership". It still says that. The e-mail has not been modified in my opinion.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

CorallaroC
06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Okay. This is really weird. I'm looking up some early copy/pastes of that email, and found some from June 9 that say 'in participation'. I know I absolutely looked at the Acker page and say 'in concert' when it was brought up in the earlier discussion, because I wanted to confirm that unusual wording was indeed what it said. Now I really wish I had taken a screencap. Hopefully some others will recall the 'in concert'.

As of June 10 ~ 4pm, my capture of it stated:

"...at which point we notified police in partnership with the school."

BeanE
06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes, as I said, I went back and pulled some early copy/pastes of the email, where it says 'in partnership'. You can see the discussion, however, of 'in concert' at my link above.

I recognize that without a link or screencap I have no way to show that. I understand skepticism - I'd feel the same :)

mom_of_five
06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, as I said, I went back and pulled some early copy/pastes of the email, where it says 'in partnership'. You can see the discussion, however, of 'in concert' at my link above.

I recognize that without a link or screencap I have no way to show that. I understand skepticism - I'd feel the same :)

So we need a screen cap of the email soon after it was sent out -- not days after it was sent out. I'll look, too...

Amster
06-23-2010, 05:01 PM

Maybe the poster you were replying to had it wrong?

RubyRed
06-23-2010, 05:07 PM

My original post has not been edited. I copied e-mail exactly how it was and it is still the same.

laini
06-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Of course "we would all react differently", but I can't imagine giving a flying whatever what my coworkers might say! My child is missing without a trace. What my coworkers think or say wouldn't even enter my mind I am sure! Especially that soon after it happened. Does his email (stating times and events of that day) have anything to do with SM say don't believe everything the media says? I wonder! It seems those two were sitting around at home stewing about something in the public eye or something that would be in the public eye. AGain - who cares!!??? Your son is gone!

Calliope
06-23-2010, 05:20 PM
My original post has not been edited. I copied e-mail exactly how it was and it is still the same.

IIRC, you were the first to post it.

Calliope
06-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Of course "we would all react differently", but I can't imagine giving a flying whatever what my coworkers might say! My child is missing without a trace. What my coworkers think or say wouldn't even enter my mind I am sure! Especially that soon after it happened. Does his email (stating times and events of that day) have anything to do with SM say don't believe everything the media says? I wonder! It seems those two were sitting around at home stewing about something in the public eye or something that would be in the public eye. AGain - who cares!!??? Your son is gone!

Given the total silence from the school community, what the principal said in the PC, what the deskmate's grandmother said, what kyron's aunt said, and that the family has been nearly completely silent, I think it's reasonable to assume that LE has asked people not to speak to the press (in a few of the above examples, it was stated as such). Whatever their rationale, it's obvious LE is attempting to keep tight control over this case. I don't find it odd at all that this email was sent out, especially considering that we really don't know what happened to kyron and who may have taken him or for what reason.

BeanE
06-23-2010, 05:48 PM

No, Ruby, I was not implying in any way that any editing was done by you. Please see my post, in which I specifically talked about whoever has access to the website on which the email was published, which is the Acker website:

I would like to know who has editing access to that page

BeanE
06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe the poster you were replying to had it wrong?

No, when the poster mentioned it, I specifically remember looking it up to verify it because the wording (concert) was so unusual, and not what I recalled being on there. I just regret I didn't take a screencap. I double checked my hard drive, and I just have nothing to back it up.

winterrose
06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
If Kaine was off work that day, it would make more sense for him to take Kyron to the science fair and attend the talent show than for step-mom to do it.

At my kids' school, parents routinely take their child home with them following any type of afternoon event which parents attend. They have a list at the office to sign them out.

Many, many parents at our school take their child out early on any Friday they plan to go out of town. I would think that a five-hour trip with a 7yr old would certainly warrant an early release! Even if the parents meet half-way, the poor child still has to travel the entire distance!

I wish we knew what Kyron's usual routine was on traveling weekends.

That's true and at least one of them to go to the talent show that day.

RubyRed
06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
No, Ruby, I was not implying in any way that any editing was done by you. Please see my post, in which I specifically talked about whoever has access to the website on which the email was published, which is the Acker website:

We are going to have to agree to disagree because the e-mail has not been altered and is exactly how it was when I posted it.

Curious Me
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
It was the "Kyron was dropped off" part that I took notice of. It almost seems like a distancing. But Kyron wasn't just dropped off, right?

nursebeeme
06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
It was the "Kyron was dropped off" part that I took notice of. It almost seems like a distancing. But Kyron wasn't just dropped off, right?
I took notice of the "don't talk to the media" as well... especially after reading SM's fb post that said not to believe what the media was reporting. (and that was before any of the speculation/ldt/etc on her)

Claudette
06-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Perhaps they said don't talk/listen to the media because they knew Kyron wouldn't just walk off and knew that LE would focus on that leading to the meadia possibly making it sound like he was not kidnapped. Just looking at all angles.

CarmelEyesD
06-23-2010, 07:15 PM
This afternoon I was doing some searching on an unidentified person case and in my search for matches, came across one I wanted to check out more. A link lead me to a specific site for that missing person. It was a flyer being distributed to a large tech type company's employees regarding a fellow employee's missing daughter. The flyer wasn't written by the parent of the missing girl but by a co-worker. It was so similar to Kaine's email that it was unreal -- same type wording, phrases, etc.

Is there a link to this? TIA

CASH
06-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I too was bothered by Kaine's message, especially his request that his colleagues not speak with the media. This coupled with TH's FB post telling friends not to believe what the media is saying, would only make sense to me if either of two things were true. One, that the media was releasing personal information about the family and pointing fingers at family members. (This happened eventually but not at that point). Two, they assumed the media would be pointing fingers at them and writing about family secrets from the start. I can only imagine that a guilty conscience would lead them to jump to conclusions about what the media would or would not do taht early on in the investigation. If my child disappeared, it would never occur to me that the media or LE would probe me or my family - the idea that someone could think that I had hurt my own child would be totally incredulous.

Whether it came to this family naturally or was instilled in them by LE, this family clearly does not seem to trust the media, IMO.

cj1132
06-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Is there a link to this? TIA

I have no idea where I saw it as I was all over the place today. If I can't say this without a link, I'll just delete.

nursebeeme
06-23-2010, 07:27 PM
the whole stay away from the media theme going on in their family disturbs me! The first thing I would do if my child was missing would be to get his face out there in any way possible including keeping his face in the media and in front of as many people as possible.

Do they not see that this behavior makes them look like they are hiding something and not acting normally?

bdawk20
06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
the whole stay away from the media theme going on in their family disturbs me! The first thing I would do if my child was missing would be to get his face out there in any way possible including keeping his face in the media and in front of as many people as possible.

Do they not see that this behavior makes them look like they are hiding something and not acting normally?

I agree! Even if for some reason LE asked that I not speak to the media, I think I would feel as though I HAD to make a plea for information and keep the case in front of people for as long as I possibly could. Something about all the silence definitely seems off.....

CarmelEyesD
06-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I have no idea where I saw it as I was all over the place today. If I can't say this without a link, I'll just delete.

I think this could be an interesting concept to pursue...I will keep searching also..

adh74
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I think the email to his co-workers was done at the suggestion of LE. Or...perhaps TH and KH lawyered up at that point and the email was sent at the suggestion of their atty.

I do find it odd that if he was home, and TH was also home/running errands....why didn't at least one of them go to the talent show? Maybe because they knew he wasn't going to be in it? Maybe something happened (crime of passion/rage maybe?) and they were busying trying to cover theri tracks while the talent show was going on?

I do feel strongly that one or both of them know what really happened to poor little Kyron.

Tzedek
06-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Taken from above link:
Transportation

I know people who work for Intel who have no set schedule. They basically work when they want to work, as long as whatever needs to be done, gets done by whenever it it supposed to be. They basically come and go as they please.

At least this is what I have been told.

Calliope
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I agree! Even if for some reason LE asked that I not speak to the media, I think I would feel as though I HAD to make a plea for information and keep the case in front of people for as long as I possibly could. Something about all the silence definitely seems off.....

If my child was missing and LE even hinted I should stay out of the media, I'd do it. There was no issue with kyron being front and center in the news. Additionally, stepdad being a police detective may well play into how we're seeing the family react. Then again, after seeing the sharks circle every time they have appeared or spoken out, perhaps it is best they stay in the background.

Emma Peel
06-23-2010, 10:09 PM

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5299452&postcount=422)

I was on line the moment Ruby Red brought us this article and couldn't get a screen shot but yelled around for folks to do so. I'm pretty someone must have taken a screen shot. What I did do was to copy the letter in it's entirety into a word file - June 9th per my computer properties.

Here's a clip of that file:

The bus driver immediately called the school which responded that his teacher had not seen him all day in class, at which point we notified police in partnership with the school. It is still unknown whether he left school grounds on his own or was abducted.

Furthermore, it's through this letter, and the tape rewind from our scanners, that I have always understood that 911 was never ever called. The school personnel simply called the non-emergency number they use for the police.

FWIW. IMO plus my digital records here. FWIW.

nursebeeme
06-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I was on line the moment Ruby Red brought us this article and couldn't get a screen shot but yelled around for folks to do so. I'm pretty someone must have taken a screen shot. What I did do was to copy the letter in it's entirety into a word file - June 9th per my computer properties.

Furthermore, it's through this letter, and the tape rewind from our scanners, that I have always understood that 911 was never ever called. The school personnel simply called the non-emergency number they use for the police.

FWIW. IMO plus my digital records here. FWIW.thank you for verifying that the non emergency number was called... I was trying to cooroborate that in another thread

Calliope
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM

FWIW. IMO plus my digital records here. FWIW.
That's how I remember it, but I didn't save it. Thanks.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/Kyron_PIO_timeline.pdf

The scanner was noted to have been on another channel or phone, IIRC.

http://www.portlandonline.com/911/index.cfm?a=6829&c=26662

BOEC is their area 911 call center.

Calliope
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The Buzz
06-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Let me preface this by saying I am not convinced Kyron’s parents are not involved, but I not convinced they are involved either.
I am not sure if it has been suggested, but another alternative to the Dad’s email and reactions of the family could be guidance from Kyron’s step –dad. He is part of LE – not local.
I am sure he has a good understanding of missing person cases and has learned over the years what works best and what does not work best. He could be the one advising the family not to speak to the media. He could be suggesting a “quiet united front.”

Also, I just want to put out there a different view of the whole idea of what is a normal and whether or not SM and Dad are reacting “normal”. I lost my baby brother to cancer when we were both in our twenties. I didn’t cry when I showed up at the hospital too late to say good bye. I didn’t cry at calling hours when I was in the receiving line, and I didn’t cry at the funeral. I am an introvert by nature and a very private person. My heart was broken, and I sobbed until I couldn’t breathe in private, but not one tear did I shed in public. Additionally, at the calling hours and funeral I was too worried about my parents to be concerned about anything else. I know that people in our small community thought my reaction was inappropriate ect, ect. All I am saying is people process stress and grief differently. Additionally, if SM and Dad truly did not know where Kyron was it is unfair to expect, a few days later, for the email to account for what happened when they realized he wasn’t on the bus to be completely accurate. Stress does strange things to your mind. Many years later I still distinctively remember my thought pattern at my brother’s funeral, and I thought I was losing my mind. I was not thinking “normal”. I remember staring at his friends in the front row of the funeral home crying, and my mind couldn’t process it. I went on auto pilot. If my child was missing, I am confident my mind would go on auto pilot. I would go into survival mode, and I can tell you that my survival mode would not appear “normal” to those witnessing it.

Again, I am not saying the parents are or are not involved, I just wanted to give everyone a different perspective/view on their behaviors.

Calliope
06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
In spite of LE's denial (and the wording of the denial leaves much to interpretation), I'm finding too much evidence that they have asked people they've interviewed to stay out of the media. The letter from Kyron's aunt (on behalf of the family), the *slip* by the principal during the press conference, statement made by the rep from Portland Public Schools, Kyron's friend's grandmother, and even anonymous comments on message boards. The near total silence from locals regarding that day tells me LE has certainly suggested they keep quiet. (the only break I'm aware of is grandmother allowing Kyron's friend to speak to a reporter, and even then she admits the FBI told her NOT to speak out) What little has come from the family seems scripted, and no chance has been given for media to question them. If LE is telling all these people who are only peripherally connected to Kyron's disappearance to stay away from the media, it's reasonable to assume they'd give that same advice to those closest to Kyron.

glorybug
06-24-2010, 08:18 AM
You are right- I am pretty sure of how I would act if one of my children went missing and I had no way of figuring out how to get them back.

I wouldn't go to the gym. I am pretty sure I would drink myself under the table and try to numb myself. I would hope that when I woke up the next day it was all a bad dream. I can only imagine how well THAT would go over with the press. I don't normally drink, and I don't use drugs, but I am going to guess that if I thought my child was dead (and there is really nothing in this case to suggest otherwise), I would deaden myself silly any way I could until their perp was identified or their body was found.

Of course, that's just my guess. My children aren't missing, thankfully, and I really would not have any way of knowing what would be 'normal' if they were.

My experience in life has shown me that it isn't prudent to assume that everyone will react the way I do to problems or situations.

glorybug
06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
I agree. My younger brother committed suicide by hanging himself on Thanksgiving. I never once cried in public. I think I actually cried weeks later about something completely different, and it just took over and I realized it was about him. It has been a couple of years, and I do cry sporadically about him, but only in private. Sometimes in front of my kids.

I also was not able to understand how people that I did not consider to be as close to him were able to turn the tears on. Honestly, it made me mad. It made me feel like they were just doing it in public to look sympathetic. I know that is probably not realistic, but that's how I felt.

As bad as that sounds, it's probably why I think the family knows he is not coming back. It would be understandable for them to plead for his return if they thought he could come back.

Just my thoughts.

Let me preface this by saying I am not convinced Kyron’s parents are not involved, but I not convinced they are involved either.
I am not sure if it has been suggested, but another alternative to the Dad’s email and reactions of the family could be guidance from Kyron’s step –dad. He is part of LE – not local.
I am sure he has a good understanding of missing person cases and has learned over the years what works best and what does not work best. He could be the one advising the family not to speak to the media. He could be suggesting a “quiet united front.”

Also, I just want to put out there a different view of the whole idea of what is a normal and whether or not SM and Dad are reacting “normal”. I lost my baby brother to cancer when we were both in our twenties. I didn’t cry when I showed up at the hospital too late to say good bye. I didn’t cry at calling hours when I was in the receiving line, and I didn’t cry at the funeral. I am an introvert by nature and a very private person. My heart was broken, and I sobbed until I couldn’t breathe in private, but not one tear did I shed in public. Additionally, at the calling hours and funeral I was too worried about my parents to be concerned about anything else. I know that people in our small community thought my reaction was inappropriate ect, ect. All I am saying is people process stress and grief differently. Additionally, if SM and Dad truly did not know where Kyron was it is unfair to expect, a few days later, for the email to account for what happened when they realized he wasn’t on the bus to be completely accurate. Stress does strange things to your mind. Many years later I still distinctively remember my thought pattern at my brother’s funeral, and I thought I was losing my mind. I was not thinking “normal”. I remember staring at his friends in the front row of the funeral home crying, and my mind couldn’t process it. I went on auto pilot. If my child was missing, I am confident my mind would go on auto pilot. I would go into survival mode, and I can tell you that my survival mode would not appear “normal” to those witnessing it.

Again, I am not saying the parents are or are not involved, I just wanted to give everyone a different perspective/view on their behaviors.

sofia76
06-24-2010, 09:44 AM
In spite of LE's denial (and the wording of the denial leaves much to interpretation), I'm finding too much evidence that they have asked people they've interviewed to stay out of the media. The letter from Kyron's aunt (on behalf of the family), the *slip* by the principal during the press conference, statement made by the rep from Portland Public Schools, Kyron's friend's grandmother, and even anonymous comments on message boards. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5325744&postcount=535) The near total silence from locals regarding that day tells me LE has certainly suggested they keep quiet. (the only break I'm aware of is grandmother allowing Kyron's friend to speak to a reporter, and even then she admits the FBI told her NOT to speak out) What little has come from the family seems scripted, and no chance has been given for media to question them. If LE is telling all these people who are only peripherally connected to Kyron's disappearance to stay away from the media, it's reasonable to assume they'd give that same advice to those closest to Kyron.

According to the Skyline community newsletter, LE "does not discourage anyone" from talking to the press. I guess the question is: is that true, or is LE not telling the truth? (LE has also stated that they have not told the family not to speak to the press.)

http://srnpdx.org/kyron-vigil-media-advice

lillygator
06-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I remember that from early on which is why I find it so telling that the family has not spoken to the media, nor made any public pleas for Kyron's safe return.

Kimster
06-24-2010, 10:42 AM
This thread is about whether Kaine was home the day Kyron went missing or not.

Last call for getting on topic with this thread.

Calliope
06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
According to the Skyline community newsletter, LE "does not discourage anyone" from talking to the press. I guess the question is: is that true, or is LE not telling the truth? (LE has also stated that they have not told the family not to speak to the press.)

http://srnpdx.org/kyron-vigil-media-advice

I am just going by what more than one person has stated, and all peripherally involved in this case, and in different ways. I don't think all of these people are lying or misunderstood what they were told. I also don't think the police are necessarily lying. It is perhaps true that LE never came right out and said, "do not speak to the press". But they well could have said something along the lines of "keeping this information to yourself and not discussing it in public will maintain the integrity of our investigation and help us find kyron" (and from what has been said, I suspect this to be the case). That way they can deny instructing people to keep quiet and at the same time get their message across. And I DO believe that is a message they made clear to those they've interviewed.

Calliope
06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
This thread is about whether Kaine was home the day Kyron went missing or not.

Last call for getting on topic with this thread.

whoops just saw this.

ok. no more about witnesses, etc. :)

lillygator
06-24-2010, 11:02 AM
why has no one come out and said whether he was at work or not? I don't see how that could really hinder anything they may have...IDK...seems odd to me.

AbbieNormal
06-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Kaine may have taken only part of the day off from work, or he may have had an off-site meeting for part of the day and then gone home, or he may at times telecommute.

We know directly from him that, for some reason, he was at the bus stop during what for most, are normal working hours.

It could well be that he telecommutes a certain few days a week and that on those days his routine is to go to the bus stop, either with or without Terri, to pick up Kyron.

Lots of possibilities.

I will have to say JMO on this, because I can't find a link or the post I originally read it from. But I do remember reading it somewhere, so I post this again as a possibility since I can't prove it.
I read (again, JMO) that Kaine worked either every Friday or some Fridays from home. Maybe he was home that day but actually doing WORK from home, hence Terri having to take the baby to a babysitters that morn ing so she could go to science fair. Maybe he really was working so didn't attend science fair. Or talent show. Some people work from home and use the privilege liberally, and don't spend the whole day working, and would attend a child's science fair or talent show. Others really do work all day at home. If he was working from home that day it would explain why he was able to go to the bus stop with Terri that afternoon.

This is JMO and I wish I could find that darn LINK!!!!!!!!

abbie

CaringCitizen
06-24-2010, 08:13 PM

I'm just catching up on this thread topic so hopefully someone else already corrected this line of thinking. Sorry Bean, but the email has not changed.

What is on the law site today is the exact same as it was when they posted it there. One of our sleuthers here, RubyRed, transcribed it exactly just a couple of days after it was posted on the law site.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106330&page=35

AbbieNormal
06-24-2010, 08:16 PM

How "high up" in the company was he, in his office? Seems to me it would have been more appropriate for his superior to write a email to all employees, notifying them that Kaine Horman's son was missing, and ask they they not speak to the media. I can see Intel not wanting media to descend on their office to hopefully catch someone coming in or going out for a "comment", "did you know Kaine Horman?", etc.... you know how media is when they get ahold of something....like a dog w/ a bone.

JMO

abbie

CaringCitizen
06-24-2010, 08:19 PM
I know people who work for Intel who have no set schedule. They basically work when they want to work, as long as whatever needs to be done, gets done by whenever it it supposed to be. They basically come and go as they please.

At least this is what I have been told.

And you would be exactly right!

Dee10
06-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Intel looks like a good place to work:
Flexible Work Options

Compressed workweeks and alternate work schedules, telecommuting, and part-time and job share opportunities to fit your unique needs.
http://www.intel.com/lifeatintel/lifework/minus.gif

If your personal responsibilities require professional flexibility, Intel may be the perfect fit. We offer creative approaches to help you meet your commitments in life. From compressed workweeks, flextime, and alternate start times to telecommuting and part-time and job share positions, each business unit has a range of options for you to explore.

http://www.intel.com/lifeatintel/lifework/

pufnstuf
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm just catching up on this thread topic so hopefully someone else already corrected this line of thinking. Sorry Bean, but the email has not changed.

What is on the law site today is the exact same as it was when they posted it there. One of our sleuthers here, RubyRed, transcribed it exactly just a couple of days after it was posted on the law site.

I copied it into a wordpad file immediately, also, and it's not changed. Never said "in concert."

Charlie09
06-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Kyron was NOT just dropped off. Unless all that has been reported is untrue.

I think concentrating on some verbiage that means different things to different people is a mistake.

I will drop my daughter off at my friends house - that doesn't mean I didn't go in and chit chat for 30 minutes before I drive away.

Same for school, I've dropped her off, but sat through opening chapel first.

Krisy
06-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Kyrons dad says....He last said goodbye to Kyron outside while Kryon was feeding the cat....BEFORE HE LEFT FOR WORK!

Finally just a bit more info!

***This info is from the Early Show Video June 25, 2010...From Dad
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6617334n&tag=cbsnewsVideoArea.0

hollye
06-25-2010, 09:26 AM
According to Kaine on The Early Show this morning, he last saw Kyron when he talked to him the morning of the 4th out in the front yard, where Kyron was feeding the family cat. Kaine was leaving to go to work.

Transcribed by me ~ "When I saw him that morning, I was on my way to work and he and I talked out in our front yard. He was out feeding our cat, heading back inside and just gave each other a big hug, told him to have a great day at the science fair with his project, that I was proud of him for all the effort and just the amazing project that he had put together and to to just have a wonderful day."

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6617334n&tag=cbsnewsVideoArea.0

Kimster
06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Transcribed from KGW's interview video beginning at -0:32. This is the reporter speaking:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-parents-talk-one-on-one-with-KGW-97153384.html

"During our one on one interview Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus expecting him to arrive home from school on June 4. The family had planned to go out for ice cream that afternoon. Kyron was not on the bus. The family called the school and found out he had not attended, and at that point, the search started."

Question answered.

ETA: Reopening thread. Kimster jumped the gun. :eek:

glorybug
06-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Odd, because in one of the other interviews today, biodad states that he worked from home that day, walked to the bus stop with SM, and had plans to go for ice cream afterwards.
"Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus "

or-

"I was on my way to work "...

So- I don't know what to think. Did he say goodby and go to work, or did he work from home?

Sounder
06-25-2010, 11:50 AM
What TIME did he leave that morning? Did he say? TH and K supposedly arrived at school around 8 or 8:15 at school. The younger sibling was with a babysitter by the time TH and K arrived at school. Did babysitter go to the H's house, or did TH drop daugher off at the babysitter's house? What was the timeline. They probably live pretty close to one another, but still....

No stone unturned.

BeanE
06-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Kaine says in this video he was on his way to work the last time he saw Kyron, on the morning of the science fair.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6617334n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

In the interview above, however, linked by Kimster just above, Kaine said he was working from home.

During our one on one interview Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus expecting him to arrive home from school on June 4.

I'm unclear on where Kaine was at the time of Kyron's disappearance, home or work. He said he was 'on his way' to work. Did he then go to the office? Did he mean he wasn't going to the Intel office, but to his office in the house? If he intended to go to Intel, did he? Or did he end up staying home? Did he work at Intel in the morning but return home and work from there at some time during the afternoon?

cluciano63
06-25-2010, 11:58 AM
It is frustrating even with all of this video/audio now that it is still unclear as to where Kaine was or wasn't working and when...

ella971
06-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Kaine says in this video he was on his way to work the last time he saw Kyron, on the morning of the science fair.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6617334n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

In the interview above, however, linked by Kimster just above, Kaine said he was working from home.

During our one on one interview Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus expecting him to arrive home from school on June 4.

I'm unclear on where Kaine was at the time of Kyron's disappearance, home or work. He said he was 'on his way' to work. Did he then go to the office? Did he mean he wasn't going to the Intel office, but to his office in the house? If he intended to go to Intel, did he? Or did he end up staying home? Did he work at Intel in the morning but return home and work from there at some time during the afternoon?
I have those same questions. Maybe he went in half a day and came home to work.If he was home I wonder why he did not go with his son to watch him present his project? Blah! So many questions.

Sounder
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Dad said K was "heading back inside the house". Dad himself was "on his way to work."

If he were on his way to work, only to work inside, why would he bother going outside? KWIM?

Splitting hairs, I know....

glorybug
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Can you please provide a link about a babysitter? I keep reading WSers commenting about a babysitter, yet I have read no reports or statements about the sibling having a babysitter that day.

What TIME did he leave that morning? Did he say? TH and K supposedly arrived at school around 8 or 8:15 at school. The younger sibling was with a babysitter by the time TH and K arrived at school. Did babysitter go to the H's house, or did TH drop daugher off at the babysitter's house? What was the timeline. They probably live pretty close to one another, but still....

No stone unturned.

BeanE
06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Dad said K was "heading back inside the house". Dad himself was "on his way to work."

If he were on his way to work, only to work inside, why would he bother going outside? KWIM?

Splitting hairs, I know....

I don't know, but I'm not going to speculate. I'm going to wait until LE or Kaine confirm where Kaine was at the time of Kyron's disappearance, but right now, I just don't know and can't tell.

darlin gal
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
He last saw Kyron on his way to work that morning.

That afternoon he was working from home.

He more than likely came home early that day to work at home. I don't think it's conflicting other than we don't know what time he came home that afternoon.
Intel is pretty flexible.

Sounder
06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Can you please provide a link about a babysitter? I keep reading WSers commenting about a babysitter, yet I have read no reports or statements about the sibling having a babysitter that day.

Perhaps an assumption of a caretaker, perhaps because there has been no mention in the public domain of this toddler being seen in the school at any time that morning, nor did TH ever say that the daughter was with them, nor was this child mentioned being present at the bus stop in the afternoon. In a stroller or otherwise. I am sure LE knows.

BeanE
06-25-2010, 12:43 PM

LOL. Thanks, Caring, but I don't need my line of thinking 'corrected'. I know what I saw. I haven't asked anyone else to agree with me or believe me.

One more time: I saw the original, I saw it changed, I see it now changed back or restored to the original. I did not save a screencap of the change (in concert). I did link to the discussion of it, which is the timeframe in which I looked it up. I'm not going to agree that it wasn't changed, because I saw it. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me or believe me.

This is my last response to this subject.

Janeumayer
06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Can someone tell me how far are the Intel offices from Kyron's home? TIA

RubyRed
06-25-2010, 01:26 PM

It is on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=113741092510424599794.0004885502c0e5890795a&t=h&z=10

BeanE
06-25-2010, 01:26 PM

I think it's on the map in the reference sub-forum.

krazyfingerzz
06-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Odd, because in one of the other interviews today, biodad states that he worked from home that day, walked to the bus stop with SM, and had plans to go for ice cream afterwards.
"Kyron's father clarified that he was home the afternoon that Kyron disappeared. He was working from home, and described how he and Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, went to the bus "

or-

"I was on my way to work "...

So- I don't know what to think. Did he say goodby and go to work, or did he work from home?

FWIW, I work from home basically all the time now. I say to my kids, "I'm going to work now. Clean up the living room and take the dog out." At night, I actually tell my husband, "make sure they get to bed on time." it's irritating for me to come out of my office and find them still up...and I'm really only just in a room off the kitchen. The point is, it would be common for someone who telecommutes to say, "I'm going to work," after seeing the kids off and going into their home office.

Janeumayer
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
It is on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=113741092510424599794.0004885502c0e5890795a&t=h&z=10

Cool. 25 to 30 min. depending on road taken.

INQUIRING MINDS
06-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Bio Dad says he last saw Kyron feeding the cat when he LEFT for work. Then said in a seperate interview, He was working from home. You don't say left for work when you go in and work at home.

pufnstuf
06-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Bio Dad says he last saw Kyron feeding the cat when he LEFT for work. Then said in a seperate interview, He was working from home. You don't say left for work when you go in and work at home.

I agree. I bet LE will have some questions for Kaine, after today's interview.

krazyfingerzz
06-25-2010, 02:15 PM

No, he said, "When I saw him that morning, I was on my way to work and he and I talked out in our front yard. He was out feeding our cat, heading back inside and just gave each other a big hug, told him to have a great day at the science fair with his project, that I was proud of him for all the effort and just the amazing project that he had put together and to to just have a wonderful day."

I say "going" and if you overheard me, you'd think I was actually leaving. I go beyond the kitchen and into a home office. "Leaving" would mean something else, "going," "need to get to," for example, don't necessarily mean driving away. And as I am also in the group who has flexible hours, I might actually leave, and be home to work from there only a few hours later. I can't read too much into what KH said that morning. I'll bet with every passing day, these people wish they hadn't spoken.

BeanE
06-25-2010, 02:52 PM
At about 1:15 in this video, from Kaine:

"I saw him that morning before leaving for work."

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/kyron-hormans-parents-speak-out

This sounds more to me than than the other videos like Kaine was intending to physically leave his house to go somewhere else to work that morning.

Still not definitive, but more than the other interviews like his intent when he said good-bye to Kyron was to physically leave the house.

:cow:

ella971
06-25-2010, 02:58 PM

This sounds more to me than than the other videos like Kaine was intending to physically leave his house to go somewhere else to work that morning.

Still not definitive, but more than the other interviews like his intent when he said good-bye to Kyron was to physically leave the house.

He was outside of his house.Right? I think I heard him say that along with his last words of how proud he was of him. How very important our last words are to people we speak to.You never know if in fact it will be the last time you see them. I try very hard to remember this. I even say night to my dog and I love you and how handsome he is (he is very old) I'm happy the Dad was able to give hugs and tell him he was proud of him.

eyes4crime
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM

And why did he take the red Mustang and not the truck?

Noway
06-25-2010, 03:01 PM
snipped from Emma Peel, Post 63, this thread

Source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5326965&postcount=63

snipped from the Who's Who post:

LE BEING NOTIFIED
http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/im...O_timeline.doc (http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/35989/Kyron_PIO_timeline.doc)

I was told I cannot quote this link. Sorry! The directions for finding are below.

ETA
Link above does not work.
http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276
In attached files under:
Additional Information Release From MCSO Regarding Response Timeline to Kyron Horman Incident - 06/11/10
This timeline was provided to individual media requests and is being provided for your reference if desired. Attached Media Files: Kyron Horman Response Timeline (http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/35989/Kyron_PIO_timeline.doc)

BOEC is Bureau of Emergency Communications.
http://www.portlandonline.com/911/

BeanE
06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
He was outside of his house.Right? I think I heard him say that along with his last words of how proud he was of him. How very important our last words are to people we speak to.You never know if in fact it will be the last time you see them. I try very hard to remember this. I even say night to my dog and I love you and how handsome he is (he is very old) I'm happy the Dad was able to give hugs and tell him he was proud of him.

In another video (please don't ask which one at this point LOL) he says he and Kyron were in the front yard of their home.

ella971
06-25-2010, 03:29 PM
In another video (please don't ask which one at this point LOL) he says he and Kyron were in the front yard of their home.

Thank you for the clarification.

krazyfingerzz
06-25-2010, 03:31 PM

You are right. I still think his schedule sounds flexible enough that he may have run in (meeting, get something out for deadline, etc.) and come back to finish out the day from home. More than that, though, I think that while it was good to see the parents out there, talking, it's going to mean a lot of scrutiny as to what was said. I'm almost amazed that Kaine could answer that question, "what were you doing that morning," in essence. Would that not be considered part of the investigation? That he didn't hesitate to do so leads me to believe that LE has no doubt about his whereabouts. I guess what I'm really saying is that I think this may be a non-issue, or it would have been answered with, "I can't comment on that," kwim? :twocents:

INQUIRING MINDS
06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
No, he said, "When I saw him that morning, I was on my way to work and he and I talked out in our front yard. He was out feeding our cat, heading back inside and just gave each other a big hug, told him to have a great day at the science fair with his project, that I was proud of him for all the effort and just the amazing project that he had put together and to to just have a wonderful day."

I say "going" and if you overheard me, you'd think I was actually leaving. I go beyond the kitchen and into a home office. "Leaving" would mean something else, "going," "need to get to," for example, don't necessarily mean driving away. And as I am also in the group who has flexible hours, I might actually leave, and be home to work from there only a few hours later. I can't read too much into what KH said that morning. I'll bet with every passing day, these people wish they hadn't spoken.

Leaving to me means Left. Sorry, I'll restate Bio Dad says he was leaving for work.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4254978/k...ents-speak-out

annalyzer
06-25-2010, 07:27 PM
In the email when he said "we" I took it as meaning his family/wife and not necessarily we as in both of them. :cow:

Lavender
06-25-2010, 08:03 PM
From http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_parents_reveal_n.html

"Though the parents mostly stayed away from specific information about the investigation, Horman did talk about where he was the day Kyron disappeared. He worked that morning at Intel, but came home in the afternoon. He waited at the bus stop for Kyron with his wife, Terri Moulton Horman, and their 18-month-old daughter.

When Kyron didn't get off the bus, they thought he might be waiting at Skyline because they had talked earlier of maybe going out for ice cream after school to celebrate the science fair. When they realized he wasn't there, they panicked, Horman said."

Also, in the interview done by KGW, KH talks about how he was there to meet the bus with TH in the afternoon. Here is the link:

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=97168909&sec=547977
The video is named "Raw: Kaine also was at bus stop to pick up Kyron"

BeanE
06-25-2010, 08:26 PM
From http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_parents_reveal_n.html

"Though the parents mostly stayed away from specific information about the investigation, Horman did talk about where he was the day Kyron disappeared. He worked that morning at Intel, but came home in the afternoon. He waited at the bus stop for Kyron with his wife, Terri Moulton Horman, and their 18-month-old daughter.

When Kyron didn't get off the bus, they thought he might be waiting at Skyline because they had talked earlier of maybe going out for ice cream after school to celebrate the science fair. When they realized he wasn't there, they panicked, Horman said."

Also, in the interview done by KGW, KH talks about how he was there to meet the bus with TH in the afternoon. Here is the link:

Well that sounds like the reporters may have clarified with Kaine his work status for that morning after the interview.

Lavender
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Well that sounds like the reporters may have clarified with Kaine his work status for that morning after the interview.

Well, we can HOPE for that:innocent:

I think the local media is doing a better job than national media in terms of accuracy, but it's still hard to ferret out the truth.

miabellamoure
06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
KH does say that he saw Kyron in the morning as he left for work. Kyron was feeding the cat and KH says he told his son how proud he was of him for doing such a good job on his SF project.

As someone who used to work from home, I could very often have reason to physically go into the office to pick up or drop off work.

RubyRed
06-26-2010, 02:29 PM
That is what I was thinking too. KH went to work in the morning as he usually did. Then got a call from TH & he had to come home asap to "help" her. Why is it only coming out now that he also was waiting for Kyron at the bus stop?? I think this case is going to break open very soon (unfortunately it's not going to end well for Kyron & his family).

bbm

We may just be hearing about it, but I am sure LE knew it all along.

BeanE
06-26-2010, 03:16 PM
That is what I was thinking too. KH went to work in the morning as he usually did. Then got a call from TH & he had to come home asap to "help" her. Why is it only coming out now that he also was waiting for Kyron at the bus stop?? I think this case is going to break open very soon (unfortunately it's not going to end well for Kyron & his family).

BBM. It's been out since June 7.

We did not know he was not at school until we went to get him off of the bus at 3:30 and he was nowhere to be found.

grandmaj
06-26-2010, 05:17 PM
This is the last chance. I'm going to reopen the thread for discussion about Was Kaine at work only.

This is not a theory thread. Do not bash the family. If I have to clean it up again I will close it and it won't reopen. Thank YOU.

Remember our thread etiquette. We back up what we say with links from accepted media sources.

ClueMeIn
06-26-2010, 05:47 PM
I am not getting the confusion with Kaine's timeline. It fits to me. I am sure LE has placed him at Jones Farm exactly when he said he was there. Kyron goes out to feed the cat. Kaine leaves shortly after, as Kyron is coming inside. They say their good byes...:( , Kaine leaves for JF. Terri "takes Kyron to school, and drops him off." Terri does her thing (that supposedly can't be verified), Kaine is working. Sometime during the day Kaine comes home to work (not unheard of at Intel..my dad use to work there). Bus time comes and TH, KH and baby KH walk up to the bus stop.

How hard is that to believe? You don't have to be all "perfect family" to go enjoy an ice cream cone together! Gee willikers!

pufnstuf
06-27-2010, 01:17 AM
I am not getting the confusion with Kaine's timeline. It fits to me. I am sure LE has placed him at Jones Farm exactly when he said he was there. Kyron goes out to feed the cat. Kaine leaves shortly after, as Kyron is coming inside. They say their good byes...:( , Kaine leaves for JF. Terri "takes Kyron to school, and drops him off." Terri does her thing (that supposedly can't be verified), Kaine is working. Sometime during the day Kaine comes home to work (not unheard of at Intel..my dad use to work there). Bus time comes and TH, KH and baby KH walk up to the bus stop.

How hard is that to believe? You don't have to be all "perfect family" to go enjoy an ice cream cone together! Gee willikers!

At the time I began this thread, the only thing we had to go on was Kaine's emailed statement. In that, he said "we," where as other reports said that it was just Terri that met Kyron at the bus.

The media have now clarified what happened--concerning that inconsistency. Whether or not it seems an important discussion topic to you, at the time that this thread was started, it indeed WAS an important topic, because there were inconsistencies in what little information we were being given. Now that it's clarified, I think everyone is content.

CaringCitizen
06-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I am not getting the confusion with Kaine's timeline. It fits to me. I am sure LE has placed him at Jones Farm exactly when he said he was there. Kyron goes out to feed the cat. Kaine leaves shortly after, as Kyron is coming inside. They say their good byes...:( , Kaine leaves for JF. Terri "takes Kyron to school, and drops him off." Terri does her thing (that supposedly can't be verified), Kaine is working. Sometime during the day Kaine comes home to work (not unheard of at Intel..my dad use to work there)....

Hi Clue - this was a contradiction up until Kaine's clarification in the video w/Desiree.

Prior to this, tv/print statements implied it was Terri alone who went to the bus stop, even though we have had since day two of Kyron's disappearance - Kaine's internal Intel email stating he was at the bus stop too. :book:

A perfect example of why WS does such good: Puf was trying to dig into the detail of this discrepancy. Now we have the answer: they were both there, just as many of us thought.

My question, which I have posted before, is: since Kaine went to work in the morning and then worked from home the remainder of the day, why did Terri feel the need to swap vehicles and use his truck that morning? Why wouldn't he have used his truck and she her Mustang? A poster board project doesn't require an F-250 truck to transport it, does it?

Hephaestus
06-27-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm in Portland and I can tell you that in speaking with people who work at Intel, that it is NOT uncommon for employees to be allowed to telecommute (i.e. work remotely from home via laptop and phone) at least one day per week if not more. It depends entirely on the department and the individual's manager or supervisor. HP also is known for this, and both companies save a ton of money doing it. Flex time is also common, where you are allowed to start your day later or earlier if you have to deal with childcare needs or others on a regular basis. So Kaine working from home is normal with that company.

What would NOT be normal would be if he had a fixed schedule where he telecommuted only on Mondays and this particular Friday he was scheduled to be in the office but instead worked from home. Though we have no way of confirming his schedule, I'm sure that LE has likely examined that angle, especially if they have searched his house twice as Kaine himself says in yesterday's interview.

Truthful Lies
06-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Just an idea: maybe he was concerned about gas costs with a truck if driving a while? That's probably the most reasonable explanation...however, I do find it strange that the whole family was "there" to meet Kyron off the bus.

Why go through the hassle of stroller/car seat and all the other things that come with taking an 18-month-old child out of the house. I think it's a lot more plausible for one of the parents to have said "okay, watch the baby, I'm off to get Kyron". Unless this was a family "ritual", I see it as odd. JMO.

CaringCitizen
06-27-2010, 03:21 AM
...What would NOT be normal would be if he had a fixed schedule where he telecommuted only on Mondays and this particular Friday he was scheduled to be in the office but instead worked from home. Though we have no way of confirming his schedule, I'm sure that LE has likely examined that angle, especially if they have searched his house twice as Kaine himself says in yesterday's interview.

I think Friday is his normal day to work from home. But you're right, LE would already know this by now.

Your posts are always good, wondering what you think about the car swap that morning. What do you think?

pufnstuf
06-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Just an idea: maybe he was concerned about gas costs with a truck if driving a while? That's probably the most reasonable explanation...however, I do find it strange that the whole family was "there" to meet Kyron off the bus.

Why go through the hassle of stroller/car seat and all the other things that come with taking an 18-month-old child out of the house. I think it's a lot more plausible for one of the parents to have said "okay, watch the baby, I'm off to get Kyron". Unless this was a family "ritual", I see it as odd. JMO.

I don't think there's that much difference in mileage between the truck and the car... Mustang GTs don't get good mileage at all. They are complete vanity cars--not much room inside, but big on looks and power. Truly an odd choice for mother with two kids. (She got the car when Kyron was smaller and the baby was on the way.)

Truthful Lies
06-27-2010, 03:27 AM
I don't think there's that much difference in mileage between the truck and the car... Mustang GTs don't get good mileage at all. They are complete vanity cars--not much room inside, but big on looks and power. Truly an odd choice for mother with two kids. (She got the car when Kyron was smaller and the baby was on the way.)

I thought about that, too, however if the roads there are anything like in VA, I prefer a car if I'm going a long distance to a truck/SUV. To zoom around in a truck is hard to do with the center of gravity...plus...the highways make it really fun to drive (and she prob. didn't let him drive it often). Wonder if she was repenting for something. Hm. Being quiet.

glorybug
06-27-2010, 03:32 AM
Maybe that depends on where you live or something?

When I go to pick up my children at school, the parking lot is filled with hummers and fancy trucks and sportscars. I feel like a fuddy-duddy driving my boring older 4runner. In fact, sometimes it seems like the other parents look at ME funny- like 'what an odd choice for a mother with 2 kids'. And that's just the mothers. You should see the kind of racy convertibles the dads drive. But, most of them are bald, so I guess it doesn't mess their hair up! I especially like the man-trucks with the huge wheels that are so high the children pracitcally have to get on extension ladders to climb inside.

IDK- maybe in other parts of the country there are more conservative standards that all parents adhere to as far as what cars they drive? Not here.

(I do, however, admit to having a vanity plate I've had since before the children were born).

pufnstuf
06-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Maybe that depends on where you live or something?

When I go to pick up my children at school, the parking lot is filled with hummers and fancy trucks and sportscars. I feel like a fuddy-duddy driving my boring older 4runner. In fact, sometimes it seems like the other parents look at ME funny- like 'what an odd choice for a mother with 2 kids'. And that's just the mothers. You should see the kind of racy convertibles the dads drive. But, most of them are bald, so I guess it doesn't mess their hair up! I especially like the man-trucks with the huge wheels that are so high the children pracitcally have to get on extension ladders to climb inside.

IDK- maybe in other parts of the country there are more conservative standards that all parents adhere to as far as what cars they drive? Not here.

(I do, however, admit to having a vanity plate I've had since before the children were born).

It's an odd choice because putting a rear-facing baby seat in the back of a two-door Mustang coup would be a back-breaking job. Plus, Kyron is required to sit in a booster-seat until he's 8 years old or 4'9" tall. He's seven and only 3' 8". And he would ride in the back-seat, also. And Kaine is a tall guy, too. That's what I mean by odd choice.

ClueMeIn
06-27-2010, 10:06 AM
There were people wondering why Kaine said (in the interview) that he was working at home that afternoon, vs why he also said he was saying he went to work. Being a very plausible scenario, I didn't understand some posters questioning.

My post was after the interview, as were the posts that I was questioning. I wasn't saying anything about this thread being posted. This is a great thread.

BeanE
06-27-2010, 10:32 AM

I wouldn't call it confusion, but there's a lack of clarity on Kaine's part regarding whether he indeed physically left the house on that morning, and if so, when he left and returned. I don't think it's an intentional lack of clarity. For me, it's important to know for sure if he physically left, and if so, at what time.

It's a reasonable assumption, based on what he says in these interviews, that he left the house, but an assumption nonetheless. I'd prefer not to assume. So not confusion, just a personal preference to have these things more clearly and confirmed.

Meanwhile, for me, I'm taking that reasonable assumption that he physically left the house sometime prior to about 8:05am and went to his Intel office, and returned about 12 noon or so and worked at home, and I'll adjust as more info becomes available and we can firm it up.

ClueMeIn
06-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I agree bean! :)

Someone wondered who was lying, like the timeline didn't fit...no biggie.

nnrpece
06-27-2010, 10:42 AM
If he did come home around noon time from work, then he would be a witness as to whether his wife was home, or what time she got home if she did run errands that a.m.

ClueMeIn
06-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Maybe he got home just in time to catch the bus. Does anyone know if they walked or drove to the bus stop? An afternoon stroll to get Kyron from the bus would not seem out of the ordinary.

ClueMeIn
06-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Although if I remember correctly the weather wasn't all that nice. In fact we are just now getting sunshine! :O

Ms Suzanne
06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I've been thinking.Where was Kyrons father Kaine all day?What was his timeline?He didn't go see his sons project at school?

Indianagirl
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
If Kaine was working that morning, who had baby K during the time SM and Kyron were at the school?

winterrose
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
I've been thinking.Where was Kyrons father Kaine all day?What was his timeline?He didn't go see his sons project at school?

I have alot more questions now,seeing this is a divorce situation,can it be confirmed he was indeed at work that morning?Is he the one who drove the white pick up truck that morning?Can he account for where all he was that day?Is everything as cut and dry as it's seemed this whole time?

FORDANIEL
06-29-2010, 11:13 PM
If Kaine was working that morning, who had baby K during the time SM and Kyron were at the school?

I am wondering that myself

joshiesmom
06-30-2010, 12:03 AM
And why did he take the red Mustang and not the truck?

I thought the white truck was having mechanical problems and that is why they had it towed, so if they knew it was having mechanical issues, it would make sense that Kaine would take the Mustang to work versus the truck. I mean, maybe they figured that if it was going to break down, better to have it happen with Terri driving just a mile (or whatever) to the school rather than to Kaine driving 25 minutes away?

Wendy101
06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
So then Kaine had the Mustang that morning? Is this for real or is it us guessing?

AvalonBlue
06-30-2010, 03:08 AM

Lavender, thank you so much for the above information. I remember reading a link early on about KH working at the office in the a.m., working from home in the p.m., and then going to the bus stop with TH and baby to pick up Kyron. I seem to remember from that same link that there was possibly a weekend visit planned with DY and that was part of KH making sure he was home for the family to do their part of the drive to go meet DY.

The link you provided matched so closely with what I had previously read (except for the possible DY visit.) I wanted to go back through *everything* last night to find my link and was just too tired -- so thank you for saving me from that tonight!