PDA

View Full Version : Possible Accident?

debirlfan
06-27-2010, 12:00 AM
I know this is probably a million to one long shot, but...

I hope that anyone who was there at the school that day unloading stuff for the science fair (or the talent show) has checked their trunk.

I just had a sudden thought that on his way to class Kyron could have looked out the door near the classroom and seen someone unloading something interesting, and either went out to help, or just to look. If for some reason (looking at something, hiding from bully, etc) he had somehow climbed into a car trunk and the trunk was closed...

One would assume that if he had, he would have been found by now - but if the vehicle wasn't regularly used... it's just one of those things that should be checked.

T-Rex
06-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Well, there was that college kid who went missing, Wade Steffey, who was eventually found in a boiler room on campus, where weeks of searches had missed him.

Beyond Belief
06-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Everything is a possibility, keep on thinking. I hope everyone has searched their property more than once.
My mind always goes to old wells or septic tanks that a child could fall into very easily.
Keep the ideas coming!

debirlfan
06-27-2010, 12:29 AM
For that matter - they have searched the school, right? Remember Annie Le (I believe that was her name.) She was quite small, but Kyron would be even smaller.

KaylynnCouture
06-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Well, there was that college kid who went missing, Wade Steffey, who was eventually found in a boiler room on campus, where weeks of searches had missed him.

Yep that reminds me of Annie Le who was found on Yale's campus in a basement (I'm pretty sure) of a lab facility.

mistivon
06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
I still have a feeling he never left :(

Beyond Belief
06-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I'd like to see some ideas of what could happen to a child in a school or on the grounds around it, speaking accidentally. I wonder if it would be worthwhile making a list.:waitasec:

cluciano63
06-27-2010, 12:50 AM
It just does not sound like Kyron was the type of kid to go off and do anything on his own, according to his parents. He seems to be very timid and I can't see, from the description of him they gave, him even heading to see the so-called elctric project on his, as he probably knew the class would tour the projects at some point, much less go outside. No one who has spoken about Kyron has indicated he was anything other than timid, that is about one consistency I can think of in all of this.

eyes4crime
06-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Gwenabob posted pictures that he/she took of the school and immediate surroundings on the 'Skyline School thread - they give a real feel for the area and show many places to hide a child or to walk out unseen. You might want to take a look at the pics for some ideas. moo

debirlfan
06-27-2010, 01:19 AM
I'd like to see some ideas of what could happen to a child in a school or on the grounds around it, speaking accidentally. I wonder if it would be worthwhile making a list.:waitasec:

It's amazing some of the things that can happen.

Here in CT (it made the national news) we recently had a guy get his arm stuck while cleaning his furnace - despite the fact he attempted to cut his arm off to get loose, he was unsuccessful and undoubtedly would have died if his friends hadn't become suspicious because he missed work and a ball game and went looking for him.

In Kyron's case - I'd have to think that if he was conscious, there were enough people around that someone would have heard him, even if he got trapped somewhere. Of course, if he fell and was knocked out, all bets are off.

And if someone DID do him ill - sorry to say that there are probably countless places even within the building itself where a child's body could be hidden. My first thought is that by now it would be obvious - but judging from other cases, apparently that's not always true, for whatever reason.

miabellamoure
06-27-2010, 01:26 AM
If Kyron was somewhere inside the school...unfortunately, I believe that would be very apparent by now from the odor of decomposition. :(

captivagrl
06-27-2010, 01:26 AM

hit by a car and someone panicked?

Beyond Belief
06-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Something brought to my attention recently about older properties really set me to thinking.
Standing the middle of my vacant lot I noticed the ground sinking. I stood in the spot and actually became fearful because the ground was so soft and actually felt like you were sinking. Yes, this is Florida and we do have sinkholes, but not generally in this area.
My neighbor explained he noticed it also and believes that trees were plowed under and are now rotting causing the ground to give in. Its scary that you could actually go down if the tree stumps/roots have completely decayed.
I wonder if this is possible.

Beyond Belief
06-27-2010, 01:39 AM
The panic/car idea is good. Someone without a license or someone with a very poor driving record or someone who consumed alcohol that morning. I wonder if they checked all drivers licenses?

captivagrl
06-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Something brought to my attention recently about older properties really set me to thinking.
Standing the middle of my vacant lot I noticed the ground sinking. I stood in the spot and actually became fearful because the ground was so soft and actually felt like you were sinking. Yes, this is Florida and we do have sinkholes, but not generally in this area.
My neighbor explained he noticed it also and believes that trees were plowed under and are now rotting causing the ground to give in. Its scary that you could actually go down if the tree stumps/roots have completely decayed.
I wonder if this is possible.

When my son was a toddler he fell into a hole in someone's yard right in front of me. He was covered in gunky raw sewage when I pulled him out. The homeowners had raw sewage draining in their backyard. Gross and dangerous!
He was running in the grass about 5 yards ahead of me, then he was gone. It was that quick.

Beyond Belief
06-27-2010, 01:47 AM
There was child who diappeared in a front yard, right down into a tank. They searched all over not thinking the lid could flip but it did and landed back in position.
So strange things do happen.

I wonder what this property was before the school was built on it.

debirlfan
06-27-2010, 02:02 AM
If Kyron was somewhere inside the school...unfortunately, I believe that would be very apparent by now from the odor of decomposition. :(

Well, that would be my first thought - but as I said - it appears that sometimes, for whatever reason, it happens that there is a body within a building and yet nobody smells anything. I hope they have really gone over that building with a fine tooth comb - including vents, above drop ceilings, basement, boiler room, supply closets, etc.

Wendy101
06-27-2010, 03:00 AM
IMO Kyron missing is no accident.

Beyond Belief
06-27-2010, 03:04 AM
i believe there is a gym in this school. I was wondering what kind of bleechers they have in there. I think there are some that automatically go back up against the wall.

MsFacetious
06-27-2010, 03:25 AM
For that matter - they have searched the school, right? Remember Annie Le (I believe that was her name.) She was quite small, but Kyron would be even smaller.

Kyron would be about 14 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter. Definitely able to fit in many equally small areas.

I was also a very timid kid... I remember climbing up into the ceilings. I don't remember what the room was... but I know it wasn't a classroom. I have no idea why I did that. But I do remember doing it. :waitasec:

I also don't believe it was an accident, but that doesn't mean he had to have left the school either. Annie Le's wasn't an accident...

Cher352
06-27-2010, 04:01 AM
If he was shy and timid like they say he could be a target for bullies. Could another student maybe larger and older have caused an accident like pushing or shoving him that seriously hurt Kyron and then he hid his body somewhere in or around the school.

Wasn't there only of couple of days left of school? Teachers most likely are there for a week or two but they would stay mainly in their classrooms I would think. I wonder how many people are around the rest of school once it lets out for the summer, to even notice a smell? Thinking of places like the gym, auditorium, lunch room,etc.

Wish we had a layout of the inside of the school to see what other type areas are close to where Kryon was suppose to be.

Edit: I just saw the school layout RubyReb posted on the Skyline School thread. There are possibilities I hope on the non-classroom areas have been checked thoroughly several times.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106904&page=3

dimples37398
06-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Yeah I was in middle school 6th grade and for whatever reason, I guess because the older kids had been talking about it, and how cool it was. Me and 2 friends pushed the ceiling tiles in the bathroom up at school and climbed up in the ceiling to sit on a concrete wall that was up there and ditch classes.. :s I look back now and wonder what in the world I was thinking.

I don't know if there are any other places like this at that school, but an older kid could have convinced him to go up there and help him for whatever reason and something happened? idk I dont believe him missing is an accident either and I also believe as sad as it is to say, if he were in the school...someone would know by now...imo

Money Girl
06-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Have also been wondering if he is still at that school.

Hadn't thought about the car trunk possibility, but I do hope everyone will check their car trunks.

Forensic fan
06-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Have also been wondering if he is still at that school.

Hadn't thought about the car trunk possibility, but I do hope everyone will check their car trunks.

Does the cafeteria area have freezers? If he was in a freezer, there would be no smell.

debirlfan
06-27-2010, 03:10 PM
When are the dumpsters at the school emptied, and were they checked?

miabellamoure
06-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, that would be my first thought - but as I said - it appears that sometimes, for whatever reason, it happens that there is a body within a building and yet nobody smells anything. I hope they have really gone over that building with a fine tooth comb - including vents, above drop ceilings, basement, boiler room, supply closets, etc.

I agree and with school being out for summer, that could still be a remote possibility coupled without nobody there to notice the odor.

loves2bmom
06-27-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree and with school being out for summer, that could still be a remote possibility coupled without nobody there to notice the odor.

The school office is still open until July 1st, then closes until mid August. But there would be maintenance people there several times/week even during the closure.

BetteDavisEyes
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
The school office is still open until July 1st, then closes until mid August. But there would be maintenance people there several times/week even during the closure.

Thank you for your post.

I'll assume that you must be local and appreciate this information. To the best of my knowledge, at least where I live, school district administrators, principals and assistant principals, counselors, etc. have different contracts than teachers and are usually still in their offices until early July, and they return to work earlier than teachers. Also, a lot of maintenance in school buildings that would be disruptive when students are in attendance is done during the summer months. School buildings are rarely completely vacant when school is not in session. jmo

allboys
06-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah I was in middle school 6th grade and for whatever reason, I guess because the older kids had been talking about it, and how cool it was. Me and 2 friends pushed the ceiling tiles in the bathroom up at school and climbed up in the ceiling to sit on a concrete wall that was up there and ditch classes.. :s I look back now and wonder what in the world I was thinking.

I don't know if there are any other places like this at that school, but an older kid could have convinced him to go up there and help him for whatever reason and something happened? idk I dont believe him missing is an accident either and I also believe as sad as it is to say, if he were in the school...someone would know by now...imo

This is an interesting theory, and the kind you might see on "Without a Trace" etc. What if some older boys lured him with a "cool electricity project" and it involved the ceiling, or some real electricity...and he got electrocuted and then hidden by the kids when the prank went awry. I know, kind of far fetched, but something to think about.

Solstice Canyon
06-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Allboys, I just posted in the Dreams/Visions thread that it worried me when I read in Kyron's Forensic Astrology thread an interpretation which included mention of "a sudden shock."

The "cool electricity project" was the first thing that came to my mind, and your theory spells out one possible scenario as to how such a thing might have happened. :(

allboys
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Allboys, I just posted in the Dreams/Visions thread that it worried me when I read in Kyron's Forensic Astrology thread an interpretation which included mention of "a sudden shock."

The "cool electricity project" was the first thing that came to my mind, and your theory spells out one possible scenario as to how such a thing might have happened. :(

Again, this is very far fetched, but I was wondering if each room of projects was categorized in some way, such as "nature", "mechanics" etc. Could he have walked by(and later entered) a door which was marked "electrical" (often seen in large buildings) and mistakenly thought it was part of the science project tour? Although, something to refute this possibility is that his parents said he is non-adventuresome - so unlikely he would enter a room without others. I know my 7 year old would not venture away from a group. Again, because of all the forensic/crime/mystery shows I watch - I can't help but wonder if SOMEHOW he is still in the building. It just seems so odd how he disappeared without a trace SO quickly. I'm off to check out the forensic astrology thread - had not seen it yet.

scandi
06-28-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't know where to put this post so hope this is OK.

If Kyron is dead, and unless it was accidental, I think he posed a threat to someone and was killed to eliminate the threat.

It is hard to fathom him being killed purposefully. During the S Peterson case we were told by Dr Albaugh {sp} that is the main reason most people are killed. To remove a threat that will affect their lifestyle in some way. xox

ETA: Who could it be that Kyron represented a threat to?

carbuff
06-29-2010, 08:45 AM
I know this is probably a million to one long shot, but...

I hope that anyone who was there at the school that day unloading stuff for the science fair (or the talent show) has checked their trunk.

I just had a sudden thought that on his way to class Kyron could have looked out the door near the classroom and seen someone unloading something interesting, and either went out to help, or just to look. If for some reason (looking at something, hiding from bully, etc) he had somehow climbed into a car trunk and the trunk was closed...

One would assume that if he had, he would have been found by now - but if the vehicle wasn't regularly used... it's just one of those things that should be checked.

Something similar to this happened a few years ago: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/25/nyregion/25camden.html

The missing boys were found dead in the trunk of a car only a few feet from where they were last seen playing. The parents eventually won a settlement from the city over the incompetent police search.

Noway
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
The garbage and recycling dumpsters are in the back of the school.

http://tinyurl.com/29szon4

(Image blew margins. See http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/ or click on link to see photo of dumpsters.)

It was believed they were emptied on Friday because someone saw the trash lined up, but I have not been able to verify that.

Any locals know the answer to that?

Or when trash pickup in the area is?

lillygator
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
was trash or landfills searched at all?

Noway
06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
There was child who diappeared in a front yard, right down into a tank. They searched all over not thinking the lid could flip but it did and landed back in position.
So strange things do happen.

I wonder what this property was before the school was built on it.

I don't know what it was, but the school was built in 1939.

Skyline c.1939 Eligible for NRHP

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/schoolmodernization/PPS_Historical_Building_Assessment_10_09.pdf

11536 NW Skyline Blvd
Skyline School
2 1939
EC Standard Brick Minimal Traditional 6/23/2009
School (General)
School
6/23/2009
Skyline Elementary School, Skyline Grade Comments: Previously determined eligible for the NRHP. Source unknown.

(from page 78 at link above)

Cher352
06-29-2010, 12:52 PM

(Image blew margins. See http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/ or click on link to see photo of dumpsters.)

It was believed they were emptied on Friday because someone saw the trash lined up, but I have not been able to verify that.

Yes, it would be very interesting to know if the trash or recycle bins were emptied sometime on Friday BEFORE it was found that Kyron was missing.

Also anyone know if that area uses a landfill or an incinerator?

Noway
06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
was trash or landfills searched at all?

IDK

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC88.pdf

[ ] Contact landfill management and request they segregate garbage and dumping containers from key investigative areas in cases where it is suspected there may be imminent danger to the missing child.

I would think "key investigative areas" would be the school from which he disappeared and his home. But I do not know that they suspected "imminent danger" right away.

carbuff
06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't know what it was, but the school was built in 1939.

Skyline c.1939 Eligible for NRHP

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/schoolmodernization/PPS_Historical_Building_Assessment_10_09.pdf

11536 NW Skyline Blvd
Skyline School
2 1939
EC Standard Brick Minimal Traditional 6/23/2009
School (General)
School
6/23/2009
Skyline Elementary School, Skyline Grade Comments: Previously determined eligible for the NRHP. Source unknown.

(from page 78 at link above)

On one of the other threads (probably Dreams/Visions), somebody posted some historical information about the school.

Summarizing: The old school was on the same piece of property, at the front of the lot beside the street. They built the new school behind it, then moved the old building up the hill, where it was converted to a private house. If you look in Google Streetview, it's the building with the Swiss flag flying in front of it (tribute to the late owner).

debirlfan
06-29-2010, 01:21 PM

I think it's an important question. Hate to say this, but if Kyron was wheeled out of the school in a trash can... :(