PDA

View Full Version : MO - Mirandamarie Cross, 10, Kennett, 25 June 2010 - possible parent abduction

aprilshowers
06-27-2010, 10:50 AM
10 year old Mirandamarie Cross, missing since June 25th, 2010 .... from Kennett, MO.

DOB: 3-7-00
Height: 4'11”
Weight: 70-80lbs
past shoulder hair
wears purple glasses because she has very bad eye sight
Eyes change color: pale blue , brown, light green (hazel)

Believed to have been taken by bio mother:

Description of Violet Martindale (the mother/kidnapper)
28 or 29 (looks older)
175lbs
5'9”
cut very short (3 or 4”) choppy style
light brown
w/ white streaks, frosting
dent in chin
gap in front teeth (crooked)
green or brown eyes

Violet was last living with
Randy Reeves (spelling could be wrong)
909 louis st
Kennett, MO 63857

The Red 2000 Pontiac Sunbird (2 door) belongs to him but we have not been able to get the tag number.

Because she was taken by her non custodial mother Violet she in not in the national alert system yet. They can not enter her into the system until a warrant for Violet's arrest has been issued. They can not issue the warrant until Monday morning. This is the most up to date information I have.

An Update: Violet and Miranda are heading towards Brewester Washington. They were seen in a red 2000 Pontiac Sunbird, 2 door car. Violet is planning on meeting up with (blank & blank).

Not sure I can post those names or addresses.

Mods, please move if this is in wrong place, or delete information that's not able to be posted. Also, please let me know if I can/should place names and addresses, where she might be headed.

there has been an Amber alert sent out for her. If seen please call the the police at 573-888-4622. She was last seen in the company of her mother Violet and could possibly be heading to Washington state.

http://adventuresinwool.blogspot.com/2010/06/amber-alert-my-10-year-old-niece-has.html

fuego
06-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I hope Mirandamarie is found safe!

I'm a little confused, though. How has an Amber Alert been activated, but she isn't in the "national alert system" yet? I hope more information becomes available soon; right now everything I can find on this little girl is referenced back to the blog post you linked. :confused:

fuego
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Found two web news links for Miranda, though the second is a reprint of the first:

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1645806.html
http://www.semissourian.com/story/1645847.html

aprilshowers
06-28-2010, 11:58 PM
This is information provided by a family member .... from another forum I frequent:

================================================== =============

Tips are helping. My brother has gotten a few leads saying the car was spotted & it looked like it was heading back towards Kennett, MO and had engine trouble. I do not know where though. Also I spoke with my brother and he told me that they are going before the judge to get the warrant issued. They are also supposed to be now listing her in the national child registry though I have not seen it yet. I keep checking.

I am not allowed to call the police anymore (per my brother) I am irritating them and they are on top of it... yep they seem that way to me.. i find this whole stupid situation frustrating.

Something is working Violet just called Donny! She told him she was broke down in Montana. Donny told her she needed to call the police station and they would come pick her up. They do not really think she is in Montana but hopefully she will call the police and we know Miranda is safe for now.

Violet has called the police. She is in Montana and they are negotiating her return of Miranda.

Violet lied to the police. She is in Washington state. They traced the call. Not sure whats happening now.

I am very relieved to know she is alive and ok even if not yet home

they tracked the phone call and were not able to find her in the area. I have been sending out the story/info to washington newspapers hoping someone will see her. I spoke with one of the police officers in the Douglas County Dispatch office and she was very helpful. She took all of my additional information and said she would pass it on. She did see miranda in the missing persons and violet as wanted for arrest. the newspapers all seemed open to at least looking the information over

If anyone can think of any sites/places to repost any information they feel comfortable with please do. Most updated information is on my blog http://adventuresinwool.blogspot.com/2010/06/amber-alert-my-10-year-old-niece-has.html

=============================================

And that's all I've heard so far ...

aprilshowers
06-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Bringing up ....

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Grandfather: Police have found Miranda, arrested mother

UPDATE @ 1:30 p.m.: The Daily Dunklin Democrat spoke with the grandfather of Miranda Cross, Curt Sawyer of Kennett, on Wednesday, June 30, at 1:15 p.m., and was informed that there has been progress in the state of this case.

Sawyer reports that the child's father, Donny Cross, also of Kennett, was contacted by authorities who say the child has been located and the mother has been arrested.

UPDATE @ 1:45 p.m.: The Daily Dunklin Democrat has made contact with Cross' father, Donny Cross, who has also confirmed that he has received information from local police, filtered from Washington State police that his daughter is in the care and temporary custody of officials in Washington, after being located. Cross said he was also told that the mother, Violet Martindale, was arrested.

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1645806.html

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
10-year-old Kennett girl found OK, mother in custody

Miranda Cross's dad hopes to have the 10-year-old back in his arms sometime Thursday.

Donny Cross's mom, Regina Sawyer, say her son headed to Washington as soon as he found out authorities in Okanogan County had his daughter in protective custody.

Authorities in that county arrested Miranda's mom, Violet Martindale, around noon Central time on Wednesday.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12734925

aprilshowers
07-01-2010, 06:04 AM
YAY!!! Thanks for that information Idaho!