PDA

View Full Version : Disney wants Tigger costume disfigured before trial

Casshew
08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
leopard can't change its spots, but Walt Disney World wants to hide Tigger's stripes -- at least when the costume of the bouncy tiger shows up next week in court in a sexual-molestation trial.

To protect the frenetic feline's innocent image, a Disney lawyer has suggested that the orange Tigger costume be dyed black or white and its ears be removed. The lawyer made the request to the attorney representing Michael C. Chartrand in the trial that is scheduled to start Monday.

Chartrand was suspended after he was charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl in February while he was dressed as Tigger at Disney World's Toon Town.

Any case in which a child's storybook character is linked to a sex crime is bound to be strange. But the arrest was just the prelude of what now promises to be a bizarre courtroom showdown.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-731tigger,0,2476787.story?coll=sfla-news-florida

BirdieBoo
08-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Wouldn't that be tampering with evidence?

Ghostwheel
08-02-2004, 06:27 PM
So how are you going to protect the image when the person (allegedly) ALREADY used the Tigger costume to sexually molest a child?

I'm not getting the point here....

ShowerSinger
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
FOUND INNOCENT!
The whole courtroom drama looked like the "victims" were after lawsuit money. An attorney even put on the costume, and showed how difficult it was to even move in the thing. The accused was offered a plea deal, but maintained his innocence throughout.

Ivy
08-09-2004, 10:29 PM
The photos I have seen taken of him posing for the camera with the so-called victims sure don't look to me as if he was groping them or touching them inappropriately. I've thought for quite a while now that greed was behind this, and that the so-called victims were only after big bucks from Disney. Glad he was found not guilty, but sorry he had to be dragged through the mud in the first place.