PDA

View Full Version : Reported:Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Chili Fries
07-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Am I the only one who feels that a desire to put a hit out on your husband several months ago, if this is true, is not exactly proof of being willing to kill his child a few weeks ago?

It definitely makes her more likely to have put a hit out on his child.

When a woman wants her husband killed and his child goes missing months later it raises massive red flags.

WhyaDuck?
I haven't read every reply yet, so please forgive me if this has been discussed...

Wouldn't Terri be arrested for engaging in a murder-for-hire situation? Or is that something that would have to be proved before they could arrest her for it?

In other words, how do they know that the gardener is telling the truth?

According to reports, they tried to corroborate via a taped phone call, but it didn't work, which is likely why no charges.

roseofsharon
I think LE may have found this guy weeks ago, not just recently, and was working on trying to get a phone conversation set up between Terri and landscaper. Which shows, to me, that LE has been running down all people in their lives, to check them out. Once they spoke with this guy, they may have noticed too many phone calls between Terri and him for a regular groundskeeping relationship, and brought the guy back in. But if she asked this guy out of the blue, he may not have taken it seriously at the time.

I just don't see how an arrest can be made with just his statement. There has to something more to back it up.

Just paraphrasing here -- just read where landscaper and undercover LE tried to engage TH into a conversation regarding her prior request, but TH wasn't buying/talking, so they got nothing. She must have smelled a rat!!! And this apparently took place on June 26th.

CharlestonGal
07-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I smell a law suit here.LE said they will not confirm that there is an ongoing murder-for-hire investigation.It is a accusation.

I imagine LE is furious that the newspaper published this, but I don't think they can sue them. But, I don't know. Can LE sue a newspaper or reporter for messing up their case? Since they were trying to set Terri up and taping a conversation between her and potential hitman in an ongoing investigation I wonder if they can go after the paper for interfering in an investigation? There is no way they'll get her to incriminate herself now, unfortunately.

I would think that would be a criminal complaint though, and not a lawsuit?

SuziQ
07-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I smell a law suit here.LE said they will not confirm that there is an ongoing murder-for-hire investigation.It is a accusation.

Lol, First TH would have to prove the Oregonian was lying.

Jack
07-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I just don't see how an arrest can be made with just his statement. There has to something more to back it up.

IMO, there wont be an arrest based upon his statement. If they arrest her they have to have some proof. Looks like they attempted to get some proof by setting up a conversation between this guy and TH. Unless there is some other proof that would hold up in a court of law, especially now that the story is out, TH will likely never be prosecuted for this. She may be arrested for suspicion of solicitation and questioned, but not prosecuted.

Also, IMO, reporters poking around this story is probably why there were some media outlets excluded from the press meeting last week. I imagine whoever was investigating for this story also inquired of TH if she had any comment thus letting her know the trail the cops were following. Then she retained a criminal defence attorney, because you never know, she may think they have more evidence of the MFH issue than they really do.

Of course I don't know yet if I even believe the story is true.

pdx
Please do, as I must have missed that! Hmmmmm...

Well I don't know if this warrants its own thread at this point and since darlin gal just gave me a quote to work from we'll slide it in here.

It immediately caught my ear last night in the 11pm newscast that something changed... During the regular Kyron case update item, people were asked to keep their eyes open as they're out and about this w/e and to call 911 if they think they see Kyron, NOT the tipline.

I've bolded it in her post quote below.. so this is what the MCSO is saying now.

At 10:08 this morning came this statement by email to the KXL newsroom:

"There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported in the July 4, 2010 Oregonian. The information released in the Oregonian article did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation. There is no press conference scheduled for today or tomorrow. If there are tips or information related to the Kyron Horman missing person case please call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line at 503 261-2847. If a person/persons believe they have had an actual sighting of Kyron Hormon call 911."

http://www.kxl.com/BREAKING-NEWS--Horman-Murder-For-Hire-Plot-Alleged/7612451

I can see why LE and the family were trying to keep this quiet. Now that it's been published, there is no way Terri is going to fall for a setup or wiretap with landscaper guy. Any chance for LE to build a case is now lost, unfortunately.

Perhaps that information had already been obtained. The Oregonian staff is good, but that good? There could be some double talking going on out of MSCO right now, or the paper could have been sitting on this info for a while (I believe so).
:)

CharlestonGal
Just paraphrasing here -- just read where landscaper and undercover LE tried to engage TH into a conversation regarding her prior request, but TH wasn't buying/talking, so they got nothing. She must have smelled a rat!!!

Well, the rat is definitely out of the bag now. They'll never get her now. I bet LE is furious.

pdx
07-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I just thought of this: What if Kyron is being held for ransom/blackmail because someone else knows about the hit request made to the landscaper by Terri? She must have had access to some cash and obviously the hit never happened against Kaine. Maybe the word got to someone else shady who needed some money and this was a direct message to Terri to pay up the large sum of money she offered to the landscaper guy. I know....she's probably responsible but there are so many people hard up for cash, they may even abduct a little boy to get it. I'm still so hopeful that Kyron is alive. I just don't feel like he had died. I feel like he is being held somewhere, now I understand the bio-parents pleas and feelings that he is alive.

Happy fourth to all my American friends. xo

Now there's a theory with some legs, it would explain a lot of bits...

Happy Belated Canada Day to you, friend. :)
(I'm still hopeful too)

Emma Peel
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Oregon - Solicitation of murder is a class A felony punishable with up to 20 years in prison!

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xVxDuFuRLAMJ:www.criminaldefenselaw yer.com/resources/criminal-defense/felony-offense/oregon-felony-class.htm+what+is+the+code+for+oregon+conspiracy+t o+commit+murder%3F&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm thinking that the problem is - How do they prove the solicitation actually happened in a court of law?

If it's he said / she said? All hearsay. No witnesses...

WhyaDuck?
07-04-2010, 02:21 PM
It definitely makes her more likely to have put a hit out on his child.

When a woman wants her husband killed and his child goes missing months later it raises massive red flags.

Very true - but I don't think it should be taken as "proof," even if the report is true.

I should get it out in the open that I feel TH is a solid way to look in this case, b/c the culprit is usually those closest to the victim, etc. However, I have no dog in this race, one way or the other. I just want to view the various positions up close.

I don't see a fence. I see a complex tapestry of a family tragedy.

For The Kids
07-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I think it speaks volumes to me the step mom Terri is not arrested right now for this(this accusation from the land scaper).Something is not right with this story.

On the same basis..the police have not denied it..which also speaks volumes to me..

Patty G
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
It is "allegedly" being reported that this landscaper, Terri and a "undercover" cop all meet to discuss this murder-for-hire.

:waitasec: Did the landscaper just show up one day at her house and say "hi, remember me, I brought a friend with me so we can talk about when you wanted to hire me to murder your husband?

This latest revelation comes after recorded conversation on June 26th between Terri, the landscaper and an undercover officer.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24139076/detail.html

It appears that after this "alleged threesome meeting" the detectives confronted Horman about the plot, but they say she denied it.

AbbieNormal
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
So she approached the landscaper guy around January, since it was 6-7 months ago per the article. Then sometime after that she sends her son to live elsewhere. Maybe she was plotting to do Kaine in herself and wanted her teenager son nowhere in the picture so he couldn't be blamed for killing Kaine. God only knows what plot she had cooking in her mind. Maybe she chickened out killing Kaine, and decided Kyron would make an easier target? But WHY???

This woman is SICK. They need to take her into custody immediately. She obviously isn't giving up any info on Kyron, but they apparently have her dead to rights on conspiracy to have her husband killed.

BeanE
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
At 10:08 this morning came this statement by email to the KXL newsroom:

"There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported in the July 4, 2010 Oregonian. The information released in the Oregonian article did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation. There is no press conference scheduled for today or tomorrow. If there are tips or information related to the Kyron Horman missing person case please call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line at 503 261-2847. If a person/persons believe they have had an actual sighting of Kyron Hormon call 911."

http://www.kxl.com/BREAKING-NEWS--Horman-Murder-For-Hire-Plot-Alleged/7612451

That's from a press release on MCSO's site:
http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Something tells me MCSO isn't too happy with the Oregonian right now.

Jack
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe the landscaper does the neighbor's yard as well. I hear they are a talkative bunch. :waitasec:

You must have been reading my mind... If you go back to that tape of the child and watch it again with the thought in mind that someone may be hiding Kyron and seeing that everything being said could be designed to throw suspician off TH then it certainly is hinky. Just speculation on my part...

2goldfish
07-04-2010, 02:24 PM
sigh. I dont know what to think of this. the latest docs released in the Caylee Anthony case have taught me in no uncertain terms that high profile cases bring out the nutters in droves.

if lawn dude thought she was serious if it happened at all...why wait til now to say something...

...maybe lawn dude is a nutter...

any info released in this case just adds more questions, making no more sense at all.

like others said perhaps TH and lawn dude were lovers which explains why nothing was said....but that's not what was in the news....just that lawn dude says TH wanted to pay him to off KH.

more info, more speculation, still know nothing at all, STILL NO KYRON.

Skully
I have to wonder if Terrie Horman was having an intimate affair with the landscaper.

In my opinion, they had to have an intimate relationship for Terrie to feel comfortable enough to approach him with such a horrendous plot.

Where did Terrie find this landscaper to hire?

At what point does Terrie feel comfortable enough to ask him to kill her husband?

Was Terrie DRUNK when she asked him to kill her husband?

Where did this conversation occur? In bed? At a bar? At the house? On the telephone?

Really, how does one approach that subject with the lawn guy? "Say, now that you have mowed my lawn, how about whacking off my husband?" "I just happen to have a machete here in my house".

JBean
I haven't read every reply yet, so please forgive me if this has been discussed...

Wouldn't Terri be arrested for engaging in a murder-for-hire situation? Or is that something that would have to be proved before they could arrest her for it?

In other words, how do they know that the gardener is telling the truth?

they can arrest her for it all day long. proving it is a whole new ballgame. If the DA doesn't think she can prove it, she won't bother to charge so LE won't bother to arrest. solicitation and conspiracy are difficult at best to prove without solid evidence. So, if the story pans out,either they have evidence or they don't. he said- she said isn't going to cut it.

Lavender
07-04-2010, 02:26 PM
A very big THANK YOU to the several people who discovered the connection between reporter James Pitkin's landscape remarks (from WW) and this current revelation.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/28/a-visit-with-terri-moulton-horman-and-whats-changed-at-the-house-this-week/

"That left us with small talk. I complimented her on the family’s hilly one-acre yard, asking whether the family might be planning to make a large unmowed patch at the center into a garden. She said no, and commented on the difficulties of keeping up the property."

At the time, it seemed like such a bizarre non-story, and I think it even made some people doubt the veracity of his previous cell-phone ping story. Now, I think it was a well-placed hint. Even later, when Pitkin was on NG, one of the first things he said to NG was how they talked about the lawn.

So, I've been reading through Pitkin's other articles with an eye toward why he's choosing to report certain things and where he seems to be putting his emphasis. I think he's been dropping hints all along.

He was the first to report on DY's RO against KH based on the fear that KH would remove the children from the home.

He was among (perhaps first?) to report on the Kristian Horman SO angle.

He emphasized the controlling traits of KH and the my-way-or-the-highway behavior at the news conference.

Now I'm even re-examining why he chose to write the article called "The Stepmom, The Truck, and The Uncle."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/18/the-step-mom-the-truck-and-the-uncle-the-latest-on-kyron-horman/

Even his article on the latest PC with Sheriff Staton had odd paucity to me.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/02/statistics-on-the-search-for-kyron-horman/

Of all the things in the PC, Pitkin homed in on just a few select things: Kyron is presumed to be alive, TH is cooperating, Sauvie Island was searched.

“She has been cooperative throughout this process,” Staton said. “Other than that, I cannot comment.”

In other news, Staton confirmed that “there were indications” both Kyron and his stepmom were seen at Skyline Elementary School on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared. Asked about the search of Sauvie Island, Staton simply said it was searched along with other areas of interest."

I just think Pitkin has told us a lot more than we realized and I'm going to be paying attention to what he chooses to report, and not report.

Emma Peel
07-04-2010, 02:27 PM
<respectfully snipped>

Well I don't know if this warrants its own thread at this point and since darlin gal just gave me a quote to work from we'll slide it in here.

During the regular Kyron case update item, people were asked to keep their eyes open as they're out and about this w/e and to call 911 if they think they see Kyron, NOT the tipline.

Thanks PDX.

Gosh, doesn't that make my hopeful heart go a flutter.

Then again, isn't that rather a common sense request, isn't it? If you see Kyron in Portland, for goodness sakes call 911. Perhaps they've been getting local Kyron sighting calls to the tip-line and they don't get to LE fast enough to respond...

Interesting. I wonder if LE knew the article would be out, and they're hoping for a Kyron-drop in a public area over the weekend.

:praying:

sofia76
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking that the problem is - How do they prove the solicitation actually happened in a court of law?

If it's he said / she said? All hearsay. No witnesses...

It would all depend. A lot of times in these kinds of cases, they set up a case detailing the financials. Let's say, for example, that Terri was squirreling money away (no pun intended, really) in an individual account that Kaine had no clue about. They'd look at history of withdrawals, deposits, possessions sold (to raise money), or work done (to raise money). Then try to tie all the dollar amounts together.

Also, sometimes people say things to other people in passing - and no one takes it seriously until something like this comes to light. You'd go back and ask everyone if Terri ever said anything about not wanting to be married anymore, wishing Kaine would "just die," etc.

You also have to establish a motive, so you'd look for cracks in the marriage - was she unhappy because he cut off her spending cash, for example? Or was putting in long hours? Was she jealous of another woman? Or suffering from the seven year itch? Did he turn down a better paying job because he didn't want to disrupt Kyron's school life? Anything at all to show her as feeling thwarted, angry, resentful, etc.

Patty G
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
bada bing bada bump

Can we adjust the title to reflect that this info didn't come from LE perhaps "SOURCES" say:

wondering1
07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Really, how does one approach that subject with the lawn guy? "Say, now that you have mowed my lawn, how about whacking off my husband?" "I just happen to have a machete here in my house".

If you have your husband whacked, or you have your husband offed you've committed a crime. If you have your husband whacked off, I don't think you can be charged with a crime -- he might even enjoy it :) lol, sorry -- couldn't resist

roseofsharon
07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
So she approached the landscaper guy around January, since it was 6-7 months ago per the article. Then sometime after that she sends her son to live elsewhere. Maybe she was plotting to do Kaine in herself and wanted her teenager son nowhere in the picture so he couldn't be blamed for killing Kaine. God only knows what plot she had cooking in her mind. Maybe she chickened out killing Kaine, and decided Kyron would make an easier target? But WHY???

This woman is SICK. They need to take her into custody immediately. She obviously isn't giving up any info on Kyron, but they apparently have her dead to rights on conspiracy to have her husband killed.

:waitasec: And who in their right mind landscapes in Oregon in the dead of winter!!!!

WholeLottaRosie
07-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I am willing to bet it is the first time TH is hearing of this. I still believe LE is releasing info to elicit a response from TH

This is a newspaper report with unnamed sources. If LE had probable cause, TH would be in jail. Just saying.

WhyaDuck?
07-04-2010, 02:30 PM

It immediately caught my ear last night in the 11pm newscast that something changed... During the regular Kyron case update item, people were asked to keep their eyes open as they're out and about this w/e and to call 911 if they think they see Kyron, NOT the tipline.

I've bolded it in her post quote below.. so this is what the MCSO is saying now.

Perhaps that information had already been obtained. The Oregonian staff is good, but that good? There could be some double talking going on out of MSCO right now, or the paper could have been sitting on this info for a while (I believe so).

Wouldn't it be standard procedure to call 911 if you actually think you see the child in front of you, as opposed to having some general knowledge about the case, so that LE can respond faster, in case the people left the park, or what have you? I don't know, just speculating.

PickieChickie
07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
What would give, Terri the idea that this guy might be willing to do such a thing?
As Terrie Horman watched the landscaper vigorously whack away at the unruly native deer brush, it suddenly occurred to her that he might be willing to whack her husband.

sofia76
07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
<respectfully snipped>

Thanks PDX.

Then again, isn't that rather a common sense request, isn't it? If you see Kyron in Portland, for goodness sakes call 911. Perhaps they've been getting local Kyron sighting calls to the tip-line and they don't get to LE fast enough to respond...

Interesting. I wonder if LE knew the article would be out, and they're hoping for a Kyron-drop in a public area over the weekend.

The other day I thought I saw a little boy who looked like Kyron (upon closer examination I realized it wasn't him) but if I HAD thought it was him, I would have definitely called 9-1-1. I don't have the tip line # memorized and I would have wanted the cops there ASAP!

roseofsharon
07-04-2010, 02:32 PM
From the pic's that I have seen of this place, it doesn't look very landscaped to me.

MOO

just
This story is seriously so bizarre, but I think it's so important to remember that any information that comes from TH is probably a lie (IMHO), so when thinking of theories or how a stranger could get K, take TH's 'saw him 150 feet away' thing with a grain of salt. The LE has made one thing clear - TH was the last to see him, so that would mean in a school not large enough to swing a cat, at 150 feet away, NO ONE else saw Kyron. Really? Right there you go, huh?

I've posted comments on another media page, and there is this one user who is so adamantly freaked out about my theories and anyone else for that matter that seems to hit the nail on the head of how he got outside not right by her side, which was he ran ahead or was told to meet her out by the side where she would pull up the truck - that combined with 'going to see electricity' as someone pointed out we do have that dam and it's a really big deal around here and very exciting. This poster just is so livid and defensive - could be just another nutball, who knows.

Anyways, I really have come to believe TH is crazy, that she posted on FB and the other media sites because that's what a crazy, arrogant person would do. That combined with the other inconsistencies of her statements through her friends - the appointment, her frustration by being examined, upset her truck was taken - please someone show me a statement through her friends or otherwise where she says what any normal person would say by some means, 'I love that boy with all my heart, I had nothing to do with this, please keep looking."

For me, this combined with everything else, speaks volumes. The landscaper thing just kind of cements my thoughts that she really is a loon and is quite capable of doing this, and in fact planned it out. I do now hope that she hired a kidnapper because with the way this is going, I no longer think that is out of the question.

evelyn24
Don't know what to say, but........I sure didn't expect THAT!!

So Kaine made her son move out of the house?

sofia76
As Terrie Horman watched the landscaper vigorously whack away at the unruly native deer brush, it suddenly occurred to her that he might be willing to whack her husband.

:crazy:

momtective
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Stunned... Just stunned!

Emma Peel
07-04-2010, 02:34 PM
A very big THANK YOU to the several people who discovered the connection between reporter James Pitkin's landscape remarks (from WW) and this current revelation.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/28/a-visit-with-terri-moulton-horman-and-whats-changed-at-the-house-this-week/

"That left us with small talk. I complimented her on the family’s hilly one-acre yard, asking whether the family might be planning to make a large unmowed patch at the center into a garden. She said no, and commented on the difficulties of keeping up the property."

At the time, it seemed like such a bizarre non-story, and I think it even made some people doubt the veracity of his previous cell-phone ping story. Now, I think it was a well-placed hint. Even later, when Pitkin was on NG, one of the first things he said to NG was how they talked about the lawn.

So, I've been reading through Pitkin's other articles with an eye toward why he's choosing to report certain things and where he seems to be putting his emphasis. I think he's been dropping hints all along.

He was the first to report on DY's RO against KH based on the fear that KH would remove the children from the home.

He was among (perhaps first?) to report on the Kristian Horman SO angle.

He emphasized the controlling traits of KH and the my-way-or-the-highway behavior at the news conference.

Now I'm even re-examining why he chose to write the article called "The Stepmom, The Truck, and The Uncle."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/18/the-step-mom-the-truck-and-the-uncle-the-latest-on-kyron-horman/

Even his article on the latest PC with Sheriff Staton had odd paucity to me.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/02/statistics-on-the-search-for-kyron-horman/

Of all the things in the PC, Pitkin homed in on just a few select things: Kyron is presumed to be alive, TH is cooperating, Sauvie Island was searched.

“She has been cooperative throughout this process,” Staton said. “Other than that, I cannot comment.”

In other news, Staton confirmed that “there were indications” both Kyron and his stepmom were seen at Skyline Elementary School on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared. Asked about the search of Sauvie Island, Staton simply said it was searched along with other areas of interest."

I just think Pitkin has told us a lot more than we realized and I'm going to be paying attention to what he chooses to report, and not report.

Thank YOU Lavender.

I was just in the middle of doing this myself. :)
I think many locals in Portland might agree with your assessment. JMHO

Terri divorced her other husbands. If the leak is true, so many questions raised as to why simply filing for divorce was not an option with Kaine. Custody. Custody. Custody. Perhaps.

CarmelEyesD
07-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Ouch! Landing on my head sure hurts!

MsFacetious
07-04-2010, 02:38 PM

You beat me to it.... LOL

As Terri Horman watched the landscaper vigorously whacking away her pesky weeds it suddenly occurred to her that he might be willing to whack her equally pesky husband. :innocent:

manybooks
07-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Admitting that I've read this thread through page 13, I have a couple comments -

1 - I am curious if this news station will be "invited" to the next KH/DY Pow-wow?

2- This explains a few odd comments from the KH/DY pc.

3- I'm going to look up Narciscisstic Personality Disorder... IIRC, many of TH's behaviors might fit this.

Ms Suzanne
07-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Well,This is a very sad mess.Where's Kyron?The focus is no longer on Kyron.I pray they find this sweet liitle boy.

I'm done here.Happy 4th of July.I pray they find this sweet little boy.This is all just very sad.

roseofsharon
07-04-2010, 02:39 PM
TH was a school teacher -- GHM!!!!

I would love to hear what ex coworkers have to say about her regarding her character.

Gramof7
07-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Maybe a TOTAL longshot here..but what if Terri sold Kyron in order to pay the down payment?

Or-decided to get rid of Kyron first so he wouldn't be around to inherit when she finally decided to get rid of hubby Kaine?

CaringCitizen
07-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Just had a curious thought.....Wasn't it reported that Terri hired this landscaper and supposively solicited him for "murder for hire" about 5 - 7 months ago?

Not sure since I live in the deep south, but weren't those of you living in the Portland area buried in snow about 5 - 7 months ago (approx Dec - Feb)??

Guess a landscaper needs to find a way to make a living during snow season too?

It does not snow very often in Portland. And last winter was hardly a winter at all here. There was no snow on their property during this time.

Cher352
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks darlin gal!

So, if it wasn't the Sheriff's office that leaked this info, that leaves only the Lawn Man himself, or team D K &T.

I highly doubt Lawn Man, unless he's hoping to sell his story, so is it D K&T? What purpose does this release serve?

Maybe to get the focus back on TH??? We started seeing a lot of talk this last week on KH even since his strange press conf, maybe D K&T wanted to get that stopped.

mrsu
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Are we sure The Sopranos wasn't among her favorite shows as well?

(sorry couldn't resist)

KaylynnCouture
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
TH was a school teacher -- GHM!!!!

I would love to hear what ex coworkers have to say about her regarding her character.

Yeah, me too.

dorothyz
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Daaaaamn! :O

Maybe Kaine shouldn't have kicked the O out of his press conference!

pdx
07-04-2010, 02:44 PM
:waitasec: Did the landscaper just show up one day at her house and say "hi, remember me, I brought a friend with me so we can talk about when you wanted to hire me to murder your husband?

Thank you, Patty G, for a genuine 'laugh out loud' moment today.. it's just all so absurd.. I needed that! :D

roseofsharon
07-04-2010, 02:46 PM
It does not snow very often in Portland. And last winter was hardly a winter at all here. There was no snow on their property during this time.

But what was the average temperature during the winter months?

Wouldn't the ground still be frozen. Still can't imagine landscaping in winter.

MOO

oxymoran
07-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Am I the only one wondering if the landscape gardener provided services relating to more than one type of grass?

BeanE
07-04-2010, 02:47 PM
More from the Oregonian

Kyron Horman case: Sheriff says 'no comment' on Oregonian's murder-for-hire story
Published: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 10:55 AM
Updated: Sunday, July 04, 2010, 11:07 AM

The agency's response to the front-page newspaper story, however, was a non-response that appeared targeted at other media outlets.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_case_sheriff_says.html

KaylynnCouture
07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I think LE can't stand the Oregonian right now.

JBean
07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
More from the Oregonian

Kyron Horman case: Sheriff says 'no comment' on Oregonian's murder-for-hire story

The agency's response to the front-page newspaper story, however, was a non-response that appeared targeted at other media outlets.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_case_sheriff_says.html

Le is sure fighting an uphill battle with the news agency releasing all this stuff.
Poor Kyron, this is turning into a circus and making it that much more difficult for LE.

JMHO

CharlestonGal
07-04-2010, 02:50 PM

Yes, a few people mentioned at the time that kicking out those reporters was going to bite KH in the butt. And so it has.

evelyn24
07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think we know what, if anything, was done to try to help Terri though, if someone noticed her issues.

I'm confused, what issues?

MsFacetious

They didn't dig up anything on HIM.... they just dug up more on her. Yes he is the "victim" in this situation too... but I'm sure they could find someone to say something bad about him if that's what they were trying to do. I don't know that he was trying to avoid this being released.

I think he may have wanted them to dig harder...this helps me understand more why Kaine did what he did, why he's been walking around in a daze, imagine the shock he is in from this too.... and it also gives me more hope that Kyron could be alive. If she couldn't/didn't want to kill Kaine herself then why would she do it differently with Kyron?

Nana46
More from the Oregonian

Color me shocked..................NOT,lol

amysmom
Some husbands aren't that hard to fool.

But he had to notice the lawn/landscaping work right? Unless Terri claimed to do it but would he really believe that? :waitasec:

GrainneDhu
Why would he interject himself (not to mention his business reputation) in this case if there was no truth to it. Doesn't make any sense.

There could be many reasons, many suggested previously, as to why he may have not come forth sooner.

BBM

If, as many have speculated, this man is an undocumented alien, a possible motive to lie is obvious: to stay in this country. Maybe he hopes he can get a visa in return for his testimony.

The above is just speculation, of course. But that would explain why LE hasn't arrested TMH yet. Yeah, it looks really bad for her but how will their witness look in court?

JBean
07-04-2010, 02:52 PM

I think I cannot stand the Oregonian either LOL. If LE truly didn't want this on the street, (and of course I don't know that) then these media agencies are just running amok.

Lokiza
07-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I am thinking...why would you approach a landscaper about something like this? <---I read too many mystery novels.

Maybe the guy looks the part? and how does one start that conversation?

"Love my lawn. Thanks. So, do you know anyone that would be interested in ....my husband...??"

Weird.

Lavender
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Terri divorced her other husbands. If the leak is true, so many questions raised as to why simply filing for divorce was not an option with Kaine. Custody. Custody. Custody. Perhaps.

~snipped a bit
BBM

I agree.

There is also a paragraph written by Pitkin that has always been curios and ominous to me. He placed this paragraph immediately after the discussion of the lawn:

"While we were talking, [Baby K] was following the cat toward a shed at the edge of the woods. Horman looked up, saw that [Baby K] had wandered about 30 feet away from her, and ran to pick the girl up."

I honestly think he was foreshadowing/telegraphing his take on all of this. IMO, whatever happened was driven by fear and protectiveness. And Baby K was a metaphor for a fear of losing any of her children, including Kyron.

aprilheeler
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Holy cow. I about fell off the couch when I saw this story online. I said to my husband (who get up at the crack of dawn, even on a holiday weekend, the nut) "LOOK AT THIS!!!" And he says, "Yeah, I saw that. It's on the front page of the paper." AAaaahhh!!! *This* he could wake me up for!

ITA that the WW reporter's discussion with TH about the yard takes on a different tone now--I really do think that he was seeing what she'd say about landscaping, that he knew about this already.

Wow. I'm just...wow.

pdx
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM
<respectfully snipped>

Thanks PDX.

Yes, of course it is common sense to call 911 if one thinks they've seen Kyron.. but why hadn't it all along?
Whya nd sofia said exactly the same as I was going to--911's a number I remember.. the tipline, not so much:

Wouldn't it be standard procedure to call 911 if you actually think you see the child in front of you, as opposed to having some general knowledge about the case, so that LE can respond faster, in case the people left the park, or what have you? I don't know, just speculating.

a

CharlestonGal
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM

I know. They say the media can be your best friend or your worst enemy. I think LE is finding out about the enemy part. LE should never have allowed KH to piss off the press like that, and they should have done serious damage control after he did it. I think the gloves are off at this point as far as the Oregonian is concerned.

Not saying I agree with it necessarily, but LE should have seen this coming.

sofia76
07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
But what was the average temperature during the winter months?

Wouldn't the ground still be frozen. Still can't imagine landscaping in winter.

MOO

Well, for one thing ... the article doesn't say he did any work in the winter. He simply acknowledged he HAD been hired to do some work for them. The article says he was APPROACHED in the winter. Also, I've hired landscapers in winter to clear out and haul debris. The ground is not frozen in winter in Portland (not typically). Last winter I'm not sure if the temperatures even got to freezing here. Usually we are in the 40-55 degree range.

I just don't see why people are so confused about this ... landscapers work year round; some months are busier than others, but anyone who has a yard knows that you don't just leave it be for 6 months out of the year. (Well, you can, but it will be a mess come Spring if you do.)

MsFacetious
07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
I was awake at 4am, I just wasn't on the boards... good thing I wasn't, this would have woken me up FAST!

Holy $h!t.... I can honestly say, I did NOT see this one coming. In all the scenarios I had in my head... this was not one of them.

I'm quite certain this would be one of those "no that is not true" situations not one of those "no comment" situations from law enforcement. The "no comment" lends it some credibility. The landscaper gets some credibility because he is not out doing interviews.

I really wish these people would go to the cops when they are asked to kill someone... rather than after the person gets killed or after something else happens. You know... help PREVENT it from happening?

I know... what a concept, huh?

JBean
07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Reported:Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband! #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community