PDA

View Full Version : If TH hid Kyron or worse...what is the motive?

Kimster
07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Please discuss your motive theories here.

I guess I'm leaning towards wanting to hurt Kaine. That is, if the landscaper is telling the truth. I don't understand it though.

Please ONLY discuss motives here and stay on topic. :)

Here's some new guidelines for everyone also: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here

JBean
07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Well if she truly wanted Kaine dead, maybe it would be more satisfying to see him in pain
OR
Maybe she was trying to save the marriage by creating a stressful situation that they could pull together in the same direction and make a bond.
OR
Maybe she had not abandoned the idea of putting a hit out on Kaine, but didn't want Kyron to have to deal with the death of his father, so she got rid of him for his own sake.
OR
she was just getting rid of the object of Kaines affection aka competition.
OR
she is suffering from PPD and is out of her mind.

mchris1024
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I keep thinking maybe she saw her marriage crumbling and knew she was going to lose Kyron because step parents have no rights and she thought NO WAY.....I've raised him and THEY aren't going to take him from me....IF I can't have him THEY won't either.....I believe he's alive though.....I'm hopeful she gave him to someone wanting a child or she has him stashed.

JSR
07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Well if she truly wanted Kaine dead, maybe it would be more satisfying to see him in pain
OR
Maybe she was trying to save the marriage by creating a stressful situation that they could pull together in the same direction and make a bond.
OR
Maybe she had not abandoned the idea of putting a hit out on Kaine, but didn't want Kyron to have to deal with the death of his father, so she got rid of him for his own sake.
OR
she was just getting rid of the object of Kaines affection aka competition.
OR
she is suffering from PPD and is out of her mind.

Those are all very good motives. I'm inclined to believe no matter the motive the bolded line above is for certain.

I also think that perhaps she wanted another heir out of the way so that only she and her daughter would be left to inherit any $$.

matou
07-06-2010, 11:28 PM
-To see Kaine suffer. I wonder if she hated him but didn't want out because of custody of baby K.

-Money. She got a nice car and a baby from Kaine. Maybe she needed more money (from insurance?)

-She had enough of Kyron for some reason (control issues, discipline, bedwetting?)

DairyGirl
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
All the motives mentioned are good but the one I feel strongly is that she doesn't like Desiree. Probably hates her and having to deal with her regularly because of Kyron. I think this is her way of hurting Kaine and Desiree. I also think she resented taking care of their child and I suspect he may have been giving her problems. Maybe never bonded with him.
I do believe another motive was money. With Kyron gone then baby K gets everything if Kaine happened to be gone, too. And Desiree gets nothing.

Beyond Belief
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
JBean if thats a poll, I'll pick, she's out of her mind.:rolleyes:

Calliope
07-06-2010, 11:38 PM
The only motive I can come up with that 'makes sense' (you know what I mean) is to get even with Kaine. Either because of the alleged affair or related to sending J away or both. I think there may be more issues we haven't heard about yet. I can't wrap my mind around Terri being involved and Kaine not suspecting something was up.

Danie
07-06-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm leaning on money, insurance. Possibly very jealous of Kaine's relationship with his son.
It's very strange "if" she did try hiring to murder her husband, but then possibly caused her step son to vanish. What changed? It seems if she is cold hearted & wanted them both gone, she would have used a weapon in their sleep or something. It's a twisted case that is for sure. Praying & Hoping for Kyron's safe return to his Bio Mom & Dad.
Hopefully she loved the child enough, that he is still alive & with someone taking care of him. IF IF IF she is responsible.

AlexisFresca
07-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Motives:

1. Unhappy in her marriage (surface barely scratched there, imo)
2. Kaine had 'hurt' her with his alleged affair with possible co-worker
3. Anger at his betrayal
4. Her son had to move out due to butting heads with Kaine
5. IF Kyron was in the process of being tested for a disability, she may have been at her wits end trying to cope with that and him being around her baby girl (ties in with #4, 'Why does my son have to leave and not Kaine's?')
6. Ultimate revenge: Its time for Kaine to pay now - she's been hurt enough and one time too many. Enough. No more.

eyes4crime
07-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Revenge and desperation:
Years of rasising Kyron and nothing in it for her. AND sending son off to grandmas reminded Terri how people in her life could do just fine without her. And maybe when divorce was discussed Kaine said he would take baby girl away. That's three kids accounted for moo mho

And/Or the marriage was no longer viable. I sense Terri is way too narcissistic to be humiliated by divorce - she would rather see him dead and end it that way. all just my opinion. Since her hire to kill didn't work out - taking Kyron out of his life seems to be what she has left.

ETA: We have no idea of Kaine's indirect role in this - I think it could be significant. moo

bessie
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
I think she wanted to hurt KH and hurt him bad. Why? Two reasons:

She suspected he was having an affair and thought he might leave her.
She felt he had been unfairly harsh with her son.

I can't think of any actions more likely to incite a woman's wrath than the above. And if the woman just happens to be a bit off-balance to begin with, well... MOO

Danie
07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Something I can't stop analyzing about this case is the way Terri would look up at Kaine & Desiree at that 1st press...it was strange & almost as if she was getting a kick out of seeing their broken hearts.
Definately wouldn't be surprised if she is/was very envious of Desiree, perhaps she was obsessed with the body building because of certain insecurities for herself. just sayin ;)

scandi
07-06-2010, 11:51 PM
It is too hard for me to fathom, her hiding Kyron.

But in my heart now I believe she did kill him. After I read the SD's comment following Desiree's statement tonight I do believe he has that fifth sense of a detective, knowing she did kill him. He totally threw her under the bus, saying something like, whatever you've heard or read about her, believe it. xox

Hope that is OK. I don't think she would hide him, but rather kill him. Maybe she said let's go find a real frog in that pond by the school and then shot him. The RO mentions a gun and it isn't used in the standard verbage for a RO. IMO

Danie
07-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Question ~ Was Kaine with Terri after Kyron went missing in the car leaving the gym? I thought I heard that and disbelieve Kaine would have been working out at that point in time. Did anyone catch that?

LadyL
07-07-2010, 12:05 AM
I posted my thoughts on another thread yesterday. I feel like I don't know enough about her life to really figure it out but that mental issues and money probably both played a role in her 'possible' crime.

eyes4crime
07-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Question ~ Was Kaine with Terri after Kyron went missing in the car leaving the gym? I thought I heard that and disbelieve Kaine would have been working out at that point in time. Did anyone catch that?

That's the way I understand it, they went together - please don't ask me to find a link..lol

LadyL
07-07-2010, 12:06 AM

he was
it's on video
but we don't know his reasons for being there (or hers actually)
it's been said that there were flyers up at that gym

but this thread is about motive :innocent:

ZL27
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
After I read the SD's comment following Desiree's statement tonight I do believe he has that fifth sense of a detective, knowing she did kill him. He totally threw her under the bus, saying something like, whatever you've heard or read about her, believe it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does SD stand for? Do you have a link to what he said?

oxymoran
07-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what does SD stand for? Do you have a link to what he said?

stepdad

ZL27
07-07-2010, 12:21 AM
stepdad

I feel dumb. Going to blame it on the painkillers and late hour.

Nikolai
07-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Some potential motives. Jealousy of the attention Kyron got. Being upset at child support Kaine had to pay. Being upset with Kaine and wanting to hurt him.

They all sound pretty stupid, but it always is something really stupid.

DeepThinker
07-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Theory:
She's upset that her older son left because he butted heads with Kaine. To what extent, I have no idea. So, because her son had to leave, and it's all Kaine's fault anyway (in her mind), then his son (Kyron) had to leave. After all, she was the one who has raised Kaine's child since very early childhood, so why can't he (Kaine) suck it up and deal with her son? Eye for an eye and all that....

That theory would work if she's a vengeful type...which I have no idea. :innocent:

This is ALL JMO, IMO, MOO, etc., etc.

mrsjonnob
07-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I agree with the others who said she was angry about her older son being sent away and the alleged affair(s)/

*IF* Kyron is alive and TH knows where he is, I am sure she will not cooperate until a deal is worked out where she gets off easy when she gives up his whereabouts.

Pensfan
07-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Something I can't stop analyzing about this case is the way Terri would look up at Kaine & Desiree at that 1st press...it was strange & almost as if she was getting a kick out of seeing their broken hearts.
Definately wouldn't be surprised if she is/was very envious of Desiree, perhaps she was obsessed with the body building because of certain insecurities for herself. just sayin ;)
Maybe she doesn't understand grief and was puzzled by it? Maybe she was attempting to see if her emotions were "appropriate" and corresponded to the true grieving parents?

Looking at Robert Pluthik’s model of the nature of emotions, you can visualize the concept of emotions. The most primitive emotions are in the center, but some are more “primitive"/necessary for survival than others. Sociopaths can only “feel” those very primitive emotions that are needed for survival (read natural selection and the “selfish gene theory”). They can “feel” rage, loathing, and terror, They can’t “feel” grief. They can only fake it.
http://www.fractal.org/Bewustzijns-Besturings-Model/Nature-of-emotions.htm

IMO, TH may have Antisocial Personality Disorder. She made Ky "disappear" because she was experiencing rage, loathing, and perhaps the terror of losing her meal ticket.

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 12:40 AM
I am still strongly leaning towards the idea that she meant to do something to KH and got Kyron by accident, possibly a poisoning error. That's the only theory that really ties up all the case details for me - if the story is true that she wanted KH dead, I don't know why she would switch to Kyron. If she didn't like Kyron, getting his dad out of the way would have simply sent Kyron back to DY, so there was no reason to kill him (except, of course, to keep KH's insurance money, as you all have said, which, of course, is a strong motive). I might be off the deep end, but I think Kyron might have gotten the wrong breakfast plate that morning. MOO.

This also explains the look on her face those first days - she was horrified by her error and how much trouble she had landed herself in, and in shock, IMO.

ERA: I know this sounds like utter fiction, but so does everything else in this case!

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks Kimster for starting this thread.:blowkiss:

Well at first I thought that she sent her son away and wanted to get rid of Kyron so she could have her perfect little house with her perfect little husband and THEIR daughter, but since the murder-for-hire plot has come out, I think she tried that couldn't get anyone to do it for her as she was scared to do it herself, thinking she couldnt get away with it by herself, so she figuured she would hurt him in the worse possable way which is Kyron.
I dont think this is finacially motivated, because if it was then she would have gone through with "offing" Kaine, if it was for insurance money. This was to hurt him. There are a million reasons for wanting to hurt someone, it could be he cheated, it could be that she felt she had to give up everything for him to raisie his kid, quit her job and so on. It could be a million things but I think the ultimate motive here is revenge, wanting to hurt him in the worse way. Since she couldn't physically hurt him she hurt him emotionally in the worse way.

wondering1
07-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Thanks Kimster for starting this
I dont think this is finacially motivated, because if it was then she would have gone through with "offing" Kaine, if it was for insurance money.

Maybe it occurred to her that getting rid of his heirs other than her and baby girl would accomplish that best?

DeepThinker
07-07-2010, 01:03 AM
We know there's reports of TH wanting to hire a hitman to kill KH...what if Kyron's disappearance had nothing to do with getting back at or even with or whatever with KH? What if the anger was directed at DY? Maybe Kyron liked his mom's house better, etc., and TH got tired of it? Maybe if TH & KH were in marital trouble, Kyron was going to go live with his mom for awhile and TH couldn't allow that to happen because it could cast her in a bad light?

I know I'm stretching here, but.....

As always, IMO JMO MOO

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Maybe it occurred to her that getting rid of his heirs other than her and baby girl would accomplish that best?

Though I think getting rid of Kyron and then Kaine, so she can have the insurance money, makes a lot of sense, I am still baffled at why she would kill them separately when it would be relatively easy to kill a father and son in one "accident." Having them both die at once would leave her as soul beneficiary and cause a lot less suspicion, IMO. Except a few very unlucky families, lightening doesn't often strike twice, KWIM?

JSR
07-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks Kimster for starting this thread.:blowkiss:

Well at first I thought that she sent her son away and wanted to get rid of Kyron so she could have her perfect little house with her perfect little husband and THEIR daughter, but since the murder-for-hire plot has come out, I think she tried that couldn't get anyone to do it for her as she was scared to do it herself, thinking she couldnt get away with it by herself, so she figuured she would hurt him in the worse possable way which is Kyron.
I dont think this is finacially motivated, because if it was then she would have gone through with "offing" Kaine, if it was for insurance money. This was to hurt him. There are a million reasons for wanting to hurt someone, it could be he cheated, it could be that she felt she had to give up everything for him to raisie his kid, quit her job and so on. It could be a million things but I think the ultimate motive here is revenge, wanting to hurt him in the worse way. Since she couldn't physically hurt him she hurt him emotionally in the worse way.

I think you could be right about the wanting to hurt him. But we also don't know if Terri still planned on getting rid of Kaine permanently. Just because she didn't get the first guy to kill him doesn't mean she wasn't "shopping" around. It happens often in these crazy cases.

JSR
07-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Though I think getting rid of Kyron and then Kaine, so she can have the insurance money, makes a lot of sense, I am still baffled at why she would kill them separately when it would be relatively easy to kill a father and son in one "accident." Having them both die at once would leave her as soul beneficiary and cause a lot less suspicion, IMO. Except a few very unlucky families, lightening doesn't often strike twice, KWIM?

Unless she wanted to make sure Kaine was painfully hurt emotionally before she had him killed.

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Unless she wanted to make sure Kaine was painfully hurt emotionally before she had him killed.

I'm not sure I buy this being both financially AND emotionally motivated. It could be, though - not everyone is as adverse to mixing money and moods as I am.

Amster
07-07-2010, 01:16 AM
O/T Alisa has been found, alive!!

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 01:16 AM

Exactly and if you think about it if she planned to kill Kaine, and she planned this disappearance and she had enough foresight not to be caught as of yet, then she is smart enough and not crazy enough to plan something so obvious as to have both killed. It would be WAY to obvious.

Terri is playing dumb and she is acting mental, but IF she is responsible, she is not insane or stupid... The reason I say that, is IF she planned this murder-for-hire, Kaine didn't know about it and she managed to keep this landscaper quiet for months. In Kyron's disappearance she planned it down to the T. She even had it covered IF anyone noticed him missing, (remember the Dr. Appointment) It was ALL planned, so she isnt stupid, therefore I dont think she is stupid enough to have both killed.

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 01:17 AM
o/t alisa has been found, alive!!

omg are u serious??????
Brb

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Exactly and if you think about it if she planned to kill Kaine, and she planned this disappearance and she had enough foresight not to be caught as of yet, then she is smart enough and not crazy enough to plan something so obvious as to have both killed. It would be WAY to obvious.

Terri is playing dumb and she is acting mental, but IF she is responsible, she is not insane or stupid... The reason I say that, is IF she planned this murder-for-hire, Kaine didn't know about it and she managed to keep this landscaper quiet for months. In Kyron's disappearance she planned it down to the T. She even had it covered IF anyone noticed him missing, (remember the Dr. Appointment) It was ALL planned, so she isnt stupid, therefore I dont think she is stupid enough to have both killed.

Something bugs me, though - if you are the caretaker of a child, there are a lot of ways to kill a child that draws a lot less attention than a fake abduction. Summer is just around the corner, and with it comes accident season in full force. Why not just make it a quick accident - a lot less press, and likely no secrets dug up.

My secondary explanation is that there was no motive aside from a brief, yet deadly, moment of rage and then a panicked response.

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Also, if financially motivated - she still had baby K, so I am sure not 100% of KH's estate would do to Kyron and DY. Perhaps she didn't want to see one red cent go to DY, though...

They say if you want to catch a criminal you have to think like one, but I have to admit sometimes that isn't easy to do.

Emma Peel
07-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Well, I see y'all covered the bases in record time. Nice work!

One possible motive you left out might be this:

She needed to clean house to make room for her next husband.

(They're not really family to here - they're all just props in the movie she directs.)

JSR
07-07-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm not sure I buy this being both financially AND emotionally motivated. It could be, though - not everyone is as adverse to mixing money and moods as I am.

I like this throwing ideas around.

Perhaps the $$$$ was icing on the cake. She clearly wanted Kaine dead. Maybe she wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Maybe she wanted to make sure Kaine suffered before he died. But also wanted to make sure Desiree didn't get a penny from Kaine's estate? Just thinking out loud.

wondering1
07-07-2010, 01:31 AM

true, true...quit poking holes in my amazing theory :)

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Something bugs me, though - if you are the caretaker of a child, there are a lot of ways to kill a child that draws a lot less attention than a fake abduction. Summer is just around the corner, and with it comes accident season in full force. Why not just make it a quick accident - a lot less press, and likely no secrets dug up.

My secondary explanation is that there was no motive aside from a brief, yet deadly, moment of rage and then a panicked response.

Because if it were an accident she would be to blamed. This way her hands wouldd be clean because it "obviously" wasnt her, because she was seen at the school and left him there, posted the picture of her wonderful stepson and was "shocked" when he wasn't on the bus, so why suspect her???
She could divorce Kaine and say that the divorce was because he couldn't get over what happened to his son, and it ruined their marriage, get full custody of baby K because Kaine is so emotionally unstable since his son was kidnapped and she gets half of everything plus child support and finish it off with inwardly knowing she caused him SO much agony.
ALL JMO

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 01:35 AM
I like this throwing ideas around.

Perhaps the $$$$ was icing on the cake. She clearly wanted Kaine dead. Maybe she wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Maybe she wanted to make sure Kaine suffered before he died. But also wanted to make sure Desiree didn't get a penny from Kaine's estate? Just thinking out loud.

I can definitely see that - I mean, why not get some money for your troubles afterwards, right?

I'm just a strictly "money" or "personal" kind of person. I must have seen The Godfather once too often. :crazy:

dartemis
07-07-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm going to be Terri for a moment (her birthday is close to mine so I think I can kind of get into her head a little). "I've raised Kaine and Desiree's son for the last four or five years at great sacrifice to my personal goals and Kaine has the nerve to kick MY son out! Then he goes and starts an affair with a co-worker just because I've gained weight and don't look great anymore. It's because of him and his son that I had to quit bodybuilding and my career as a teacher. Where am I now? If he leaves me, I will have nothing. I know he'll try to get full custody of baby K just as he did the Kyron and I won't have the money to fight him in court. What's left for me? No money, no career, no body, no love, no baby K except on weekends. I hate him! He deserves to die for what he's done to me and my life! I don't have the nerve to do it myself but maybe I can find a lover who will. Let's see if I still have what it takes to make a man fall in love with me again. With Kaine gone, I will get the house, life insurance, pension, savings, etc. but wait...there's still Kyron. I will have to split it with Kyron. Why should I when I've already spent all this time raising him for free? If Kyron were gone as well, everything would go to baby K and me. That's as it should be. It looks better if Kyron disappears first. Then Kaine's passing could be portrayed as a suicide out of profound grief. But, what to do with Kyron? I don't really want to kill him, I just want him to disappear. Maybe I can get the Hispanic gardner to take him south of the border and place him with a nice family that will never hear about his disappearance in the U.S."

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm going to be Terri for a moment (her birthday is close to mine so I think I can kind of get into her head a little). "I've raised Kaine and Desiree's son for the last four or five years at great sacrifice to my personal goals and Kaine has the nerve to kick MY son out! Then he goes and starts an affair with a co-worker just because I've gained weight and don't look great anymore. It's because of him and his son that I had to quit bodybuilding and my career as a teacher. Where am I now? If he leaves me, I will have nothing. I know he'll try to get full custody of K just as he did the Kyron and I won't have the money to fight him in court. What's left for me? No money, no career, no body, no love, no K except on weekends. I hate him! He deserves to die for what he's done to me and my life! I don't have the nerve to do it myself but maybe I can find a lover who will. Let's see if I still have what it takes to make a man fall in love with me again. With Kaine gone, I will get the house, life insurance, pension, savings, etc. but wait...there's still Kyron. I will have to split it with Kyron. Why should I when I've already spent all this time raising him for free? If Kyron were gone as well, everything would go to K and me. That's as it should be. It looks better if Kyron disappears first. Then Kaine's passing could be portrayed as a suicide out of profound grief. But, what to do with Kyron? I don't really want to kill him, I just want him to disappear. Maybe I can get the Hispanic gardner to take him south of the border and place him with a nice family that will never hear about his disappearance in the U.S."

Thats exactly what I was thinking! but please edit your post and remove the babies name, just put K or baby K, that is against TOS, I edited it in what I quoted but you must edit the original.

I completely agree with your theory.

WhyaDuck?
07-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Because if it were an accident she would be to blamed. This way her hands wouldd be clean because it "obviously" wasnt her, because she was seen at the school and left him there, posted the picture of her wonderful stepson and was "shocked" when he wasn't on the bus, so why suspect her???
She could divorce Kaine and say that the divorce was because he couldn't get over what happened to his son, and it ruined their marriage, get full custody of baby K because Kaine is so emotionally unstable since his son was kidnapped and she gets half of everything plus child support and finish it off with inwardly knowing she caused him SO much agony.
ALL JMO

A well staged accident is still a lot easier to avoid prosecution than a fake abduction, IMO. She might even get some extra sympathy if she made it look like she put in a valiant effort to save him.

She must have known that the abduction scheme would unearth the landscaper story.

Enough time and pressure cracks even the strongest and biggest of rocks... how much weaker are people?

Accidental death - quick and "blameless" - has a lot less risk associated, IMO.

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 01:44 AM
A well staged accident is still a lot easier to avoid prosecution than a fake abduction, IMO. She might even get some extra sympathy if she made it look like she put in a valiant effort to save him.

She must have known that the abduction scheme would unearth the landscaper story.

Enough time and pressure cracks even the strongest and biggest of rocks... how much weaker are people?

Accidental death - quick and "blameless" - has a lot less risk associated, IMO.
I had the same thought with Casey A, why not a brief accident? but I figured she didnt want to be blamed forever.
Maybe she felt her life was so boring she wanted the excitement, she is a CSI fan, maybe she was wanting the attention, as usually these types of cases draw, maybe she just wanted to know what it was like to kill someone. It makes me sick to type that.

Mylou
07-07-2010, 02:15 AM
I wish I could think of one good logical idea, but honestly I can't.
As with most real crimes, they never make any sense to me.
I will never understand things like murder when you can divorce.
Feeling stuck in a marriage when you can divorce.
Why someone would raise a child , The child who by all appearances looks well cared for, would suddenly make them disappear. I can't understand that.
I can't understand with no past of violence or abuse towards children, would suddenly one day snap and make that child disappear.
I haven't seen anywhere where anyone has said she has any form of mental illness, depression or otherwise.
I also don't understand what kind of anger you would have to have to hire someone to kill your husband either, personally if I had that much anger, I wouldnt be able to live under the same roof with them.

cakegirl0905
07-07-2010, 02:21 AM
She wanted a perfect family-just the three of them. With Kyron out of the way, Kaine would give all his attention to her and Baby K. Kyron took up too much time and attention and wasn't hers.

Bleh.

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 02:22 AM
It doesn't always have to be mental illness. Some people are just pure evil. Sure doctors are always going to try and lable everything as some sort of brain problem, chemical inbalance, psychotic break down, what ever but the truth is some people are just cold, heartless and evil.

butterfly1978
07-07-2010, 02:23 AM
She wanted a perfect family-just the three of them. With Kyron out of the way, Kaine would give all his attention to her and Baby K. Kyron took up too much time and attention and wasn't hers.

Bleh.

Thats what I was thinking too, until the little ball dropped about her trying to hire someone to kill Kaine, that kinda throws a wrench in the theory.

Mrs G Norris
07-07-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm back to thinking she wanted to hurt Kaine and Desiree...I think this is all about revenge against the people who loved Kyron who Terri thought had wronged / outshone / outdid / shamed / humiliated or whatevered her. I'm thinking narcissistic injury.

butwhatif?
07-09-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm back to thinking she wanted to hurt Kaine and Desiree...I think this is all about revenge against the people who loved Kyron who Terri thought had wronged / outshone / outdid / shamed / humiliated or whatevered her. I'm thinking narcissistic injury.

ITA!
I have a lot of questions that we don't have the answers to, but here are some that are swirling around my head atm.

All things which would lead to major anger and jealousy on Terris part.

1. If Terri was always the one who met up with Desiree to drop off Kyron, it could very well be because Terri did not want Desiree and Kaine spending ANY time together.

2. What if Desiree had discussed parenting issues with Kaine, saying she didn't like the way terri was handling things with Kyron, and Kaine backed her up?

3.What if Kyron and Terri were butting heads, and Kyron said something like "You're not my mommy! One day my real mom and dad will be together again and you will have to go away." (most kids dream of bio-parents reuniting)

4. While Terri's appearance has gone downhill, desiree has such natural beauty. Maybe Terri got paranoid thinking he would start an affair or reunite with her.

Remove Kyron from the picture, then there's no reason for Kaine and Desiree to have any more contact.

Sylvannah
07-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Since the hit-man revelation has emerged it's pretty clear TH thinks murder is a good solution to HER problems. I still want to believe that it's a ransom situation gone wrong, but going with TH's murder strategy - there's multiple motives - anything that could possibly benefit HER, because to somebody who finds taking another's life a viable solution is always tallying up slights real and imagined.

My best guess now with murder on her mind is that when the initial hit-man scenario didn't pan out she re-thought it. She had to be faking love to her husband all that time, with anger and resentment building daily as she did that, possibly more hatred towards Kaine than she had in the first place. So she decided it would be easier to kill Kyron than Kaine because she could make it look like a pedophile did it, and she could make it look like the school was negligent (and there may even be some resentment on her part towards the school personnel or school system if she perceived herself a better teacher). She would then get to watch Kaine suffer and pay him back for her perceived suffering. Watch Desiree suffer.

And when everything settled down, and everybody knew how despondant Kaine was in his grief, she would be able to off poor Kaine right at home and make it look like a suicide - and nobody would be shocked at that given the circumstances. Then TH would have it all. All the people who bugged her out of her life, her daughter all hers, all the money from insurance and lawsuits related to the kidnapping hers, the house hers, no stigma of being a three time divorcee but instead the heroic woman who'd suffered bravely through a double tragedy. If there was house insurance maybe she'd even get the house paid off upon Kaine's "suicide". Her son would get to come back. She'd never have to see Desiree again. She'd be free to move another man into her life. She'd enjoy the attention being the bereaved widow.

Still hoping it was a botched ransom plot, somehow, someway, and that she'll be clever enough to be able to bring Kyron home.

revampz
07-09-2010, 02:53 AM
I personally think that she is a very self centred person and that Kyron was not really hers and she never felt close to him.......I think she did the mummy duties but the real mum was quite heavily involved and I think Kyron saw desiree as mum and her as the stepmum.......that would be quite hard to deal with if you are doing all the hard yards...sorry but just how I would feel.....

I dont think they ever really bonded because of desiree being the mummy in Kyrons eyes...so when she thinks hubby is having an affair and HER son has to leave because he can not get on with Kyron, she has thought "stuff this" I'm bringing up someone elses son for a guy who dares to have a fling on me and lose my own because he cant try to get on with my son......anger and vengenance.....

I know there are alot of stepmums out there.....but in the majority of the cases the mums have the kids and the stepmums have them on the weekends with the dads......this is a case of the reverse.....I have been there done that and it can be bloomin hard...........I can imagine anger being built up if your hubby the father of the child is having a fling and you are not being able to mother your own child because of this man..........I of course CAN NOT imagine going to this extreme though.........

watchful_eye
07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
But in my heart now I believe she did kill him.

I agree, unfortunately. But hey, I hope I'm wrong!

It doesn't always have to be mental illness. Some people are just pure evil. Sure doctors are always going to try and label everything as some sort of brain problem, chemical inbalance, psychotic break down, what ever but the truth is some people are just cold, heartless and evil.

THANK YOU butterfly1978. Totally agree. And G-D I am so sick of defense attourneys using that excuse (PPD or mental illness) and the jury/judge falling for it.

If you hurt or kill a child, and it was not an accident (proven thoroughly), then you ARE OUTTA HERE!!

These new revelations about how Kaine and Desiree feel about Terri are HUGE. I just feel so bad for them having to wait it out each day, not knowing where their sweet little boy is. :(

And of course, poor Kyron. And---his poor sister!! She will surely suffer too, as she ages, knowing what her mother was (allegedly) involved in.

Aedrys
07-09-2010, 09:59 AM
All good theories here. I find it eerie but interesting, though, that the first two posts of this thread talked about PPD two days before we found out she had it. You guys are good!

I do agree that with the PPD, the possible affair Kaine was having (we don't know if it was real or imagined at this point, but either way, it was on her mind), and the resentment of mostly raising a kid not her own (which is so shallow and cold, btw. Just because she didn't give birth to Kyron doesn't make him less of a person to love. As a stepmom, that really offends me), and the failed plot to off Kaine, I can totally see her having this fantasy of getting rid of them both and living happily ever after. The problem is that fantasy is not reality, and I have the feeling this entire case did not go as planned at all for her. Something happened to change things, and things have just gone downhill ever since for her. Talk about the biggest karma bite in the butt I have ever seen if she did kill him. She certainly is not living her fantasy right now.

celticthyme
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I am still strongly leaning towards the idea that she meant to do something to KH and got Kyron by accident, possibly a poisoning error. That's the only theory that really ties up all the case details for me - if the story is true that she wanted KH dead, I don't know why she would switch to Kyron. If she didn't like Kyron, getting his dad out of the way would have simply sent Kyron back to DY, so there was no reason to kill him (except, of course, to keep KH's insurance money, as you all have said, which, of course, is a strong motive). I might be off the deep end, but I think Kyron might have gotten the wrong breakfast plate that morning. MOO.

This also explains the look on her face those first days - she was horrified by her error and how much trouble she had landed herself in, and in shock, IMO.

ERA: I know this sounds like utter fiction, but so does everything else in this case!

Why a Duck, ITA. .
I keep thinking a car/truck accident with BOTH KH & Kyron in the truck would solve her problems . . the 2 time towing of the truck has always raised my hinkey meter.

I think Kyron had seen/ heard enough to where he was trouble for her, aside from the fact that given she seems to be detached emotionally. The dream / astro threads kept coming up with boxes, bees etc. If he went into anaphylactic shock with a bee sting, that would not be out of the question either.

These latest pressers give insight into just how much DY & KH had long time, deep seated issues, this could easily be getting back at Desiree too.

ella971
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
LE is on this. I do not believe he is alive.I pray I'm wrong. I do not care what her problems are with her Marriage or PPD. It does not matter. No excuse. I'm sick of our children being abused and killed.

ElizaAvalon
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, it took me a while to get there, but I am going to guess that the reason she wanted either Kaine and/or Kyron out of her life is because she really just wanted DESIREE out of her life.

Desiree is gorgeous. She is well-spoken. She is a picture of class.

Add PPD and weight gain to the mix and, man, can you just imagine the arguments in the Horman household over any conversation that Kaine had with Desiree about ANYTHING?

But her little plan has backfired on her. Now we have Kaine and Desiree at news conferences standing side by side.

Terri must be going ape *****.

ElizaAvalon
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
And I agree, it's very painful for me to believe, but I don't think Kyron is alive.

watchful_eye
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I really hope Terri's neighbors, friends, and co-workers start coming out and sharing information about Terri, such as strange behavior or conversations over the last few months to a year. IF THEY HAVE TRUTHFUL/ RELIABLE INFO--that is. SOMEONE had to have noticed something "off" ????

Maybe old friends from high school or college---maybe she had strange behavior in her past??

Aedrys
07-09-2010, 10:51 AM
?

What are you talking about here ?

I'm saying some people marry other people with kids, and then are surprised and hurt when they have to share attention with those kids. They think, just like I did at one point, that once married, all of the attention will be on them. It is an adjustment I had to make, and I don't regret it. It seems like, though, TH did not make that adjustment and grew to resent Kaine's attention to Kyron, a child that was not biologically her own. Some people also don't love children who are not biologically theirs. All the time there are dads that don't want to pay for a kid that isn't their flesh and blood, or a mom giving more attention to her own biological children that her husband's kids from a previous relationship. All IMO.

WhyaDuck?
07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
It's rather offensive to assume Terri's guilty because she's not as attractive as Desiree...

I agree! It's likely not good to base a justice system on how overzealous one is with their eyebrow waxing.

ElizaAvalon
07-09-2010, 11:13 AM
It's rather offensive to assume Terri's guilty because she's not as attractive as Desiree...

I agree.

I have consistently thought Terri involved from the get-go.

Terri's and/or Desiree's looks were never part of the WHO of my conclusion.

My suggestion that Terri could be jealous of Desiree is simply a possible - and, I feel, very likely - motive.

Haeve
07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
<snip>
I think Kyron had seen/ heard enough to where he was trouble for her, aside from the fact that given she seems to be detached emotionally. The dream / astro threads kept coming up with boxes, bees etc. If he went into anaphylactic shock with a bee sting, that would not be out of the question either.

<snip>

BBM That gave me chills, especially in light of the fact that I think most of the information given out in press releases and press conferences is orchestrated by the FBI. One of the first things DY and KH said when they started giving interviews is that Kyron is allergic to bees... People wondered why they didn't come out and say that right away. I'm connecting the dots and I'm not liking what I see. I hope I'm wrong. JMO

Back on topic--motive? I no longer know what to think anymore.

swa
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
My guess is that Kyron was beginning to become more difficult to take care of at home. A comment was made by I "think" the parents that he had trouble following directions at school. Couldn't we infer that he also had a difficult time following directions at home?

I also believe that there was probably some recent situation where TH took exception to the way that Kyron had treated "her" daughter.

The LAST thing that TH would have wanted to do was to "hide" him. It's quite obvious by her comments after the "disappearance" that she seemed quite relieved that he was gone.

tlcya
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Okay, getting ready to be escorted out of here on my arse, but here comes a wild, completely unsubstantiated, out of this world theory that would explain many of Terri's alleged behaviors, and the disappearance of Kyron. Dear reader, please keep in mind, this is theorizing at its wildest so here goes:

Terri suspects a family history/tendancy of sexual abuse, she has concerns for Kyron and loves him like her own. She begins to fear or suspect Kyron is in danger from Kaine or other close family member and/or feels Kaine doesn't take her concerns seriously. Her own bio son is sent off because of head butting between he and Kaine. She wants out of the marriage but being only a stepmother, fears doing that as it would mean having no claim/right to take Kyron with her. So she attempts to hire a landscaper/hit man to get rid of Kaine. Hiring a hit man turns out to be harder than expected. Something happened or was about to happen that made her feel the time to act is now. She participates in the abduction/dissapearing of Kyron.

Thats where i get lost, what would be the next move?

Okay, now that I have spit all that out, let me assure you, I do NOT believe the above is what happened. Just a hairbrained thought that stuck in my head and needed to be excised.

cindysue
07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Imagine your marriage had begun to crumble and possibly there have been threats that you will lose all your children. You try to do what you can to keep them. So murder plot..it's been a motive before! You might Not be able to accomplish that but you could get back at him by making sure if you have to suffer the loss of your children then he will feel it in a worse way. IMO this is the only plan that works.

celticthyme
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=tlcox;5384869]
SNIPPED
Terri suspects a family history/tendancy of sexual abuse, she has concerns for Kyron and loves him like her own. She begins to fear or suspect Kyron is in danger from Kaine or other close family member and/or feels Kaine doesn't take her concerns seriously. Her own bio son is sent off because of head butting between he and Kaine.

OK I hate to say it, but this possibility has crossed my mind as well . . . the sexual abuse from some one
On my "theory" list, it's down toward the bottom however

cindysue
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=tlcox;]
SNIPPED
Terri suspects a family history/tendancy of sexual abuse, she has concerns for Kyron and loves him like her own. She begins to fear or suspect Kyron is in danger from Kaine or other close family member and/or feels Kaine doesn't take her concerns seriously. Her own bio son is sent off because of head butting between he and Kaine.

OK I hate to say it, but this possibility has crossed my mind as well . . . the sexual abuse from some one
On my "theory" list, it's down toward the bottom however

So your saying she would be willing to go to prison to protect his son and ultimately lose her own 2?

KariKae
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm going to be Terri for a moment (her birthday is close to mine so I think I can kind of get into her head a little). "I've raised Kaine and Desiree's son for the last four or five years at great sacrifice to my personal goals and Kaine has the nerve to kick MY son out! Then he goes and starts an affair with a co-worker just because I've gained weight and don't look great anymore. It's because of him and his son that I had to quit bodybuilding and my career as a teacher. Where am I now? If he leaves me, I will have nothing. I know he'll try to get full custody of baby K just as he did the Kyron and I won't have the money to fight him in court. What's left for me? No money, no career, no body, no love, no baby K except on weekends. I hate him! He deserves to die for what he's done to me and my life! I don't have the nerve to do it myself but maybe I can find a lover who will. Let's see if I still have what it takes to make a man fall in love with me again. With Kaine gone, I will get the house, life insurance, pension, savings, etc. but wait...there's still Kyron. I will have to split it with Kyron. Why should I when I've already spent all this time raising him for free? If Kyron were gone as well, everything would go to baby K and me. That's as it should be. It looks better if Kyron disappears first. Then Kaine's passing could be portrayed as a suicide out of profound grief. But, what to do with Kyron? I don't really want to kill him, I just want him to disappear. Maybe I can get the Hispanic gardner to take him south of the border and place him with a nice family that will never hear about his disappearance in the U.S."

Maybe it wasn't even a question of splitting the life insurance with Kyron...Maybe Kaine had the policy before he married TMH...When he originally took out the policy, Kyron was the beneficiary. He never got around to changing it to TMH or splitting the proceeds. It would raise questions if the beneficiary changed and then Kaine died in an "accident" a few months later. Plus, maybe they weren't getting along and she couldn't even ask because he would get too suspicious.

celticthyme
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
[quote=celticthyme;]

So your saying she would be willing to go to prison to protect his son and ultimately lose her own 2?

No not at all. I think she sent her own son back with family for his own welfare, because there was just too much tension going on around there, without her son & KH going at it too. But also the whole thing with Christian Horman, and the sexual abuse charge / sentencing was happening around the time shortly after Kyron went missing. From what I understand, sexual abuse can be familial. Protecting her own, not so much worried about Kyron

We don't really know who knew what when, and still don't.

mchris1024
07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Imagine your marriage had begun to crumble and possibly there have been threats that you will lose all your children. You try to do what you can to keep them. So murder plot..it's been a motive before! You might Not be able to accomplish that but you could get back at him by making sure if you have to suffer the loss of your children then he will feel it in a worse way. IMO this is the only plan that works.

I still think she loves Kyron I don't know why I think that other then I know a lot of stepmothers who don't love their stepchildren and before you know it they are living with their mothers, I have not seen ANY proof or heard teachers, neighbors etc. say anything other then she was an involved parent etc., I think in her mind her marriage was falling apart and she was going to lose Kyron she decided if she was going to lose him so would everyone else, I can't imagine any other reason for all of this.

kytty
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
* If * she was involved, I would also lean towards her wanting to hurt the husband---possibly with someone putting a battery in her back or egging her on--i.e. you deserve better than this, etc etc

Emeralgem
07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I still think she loves Kyron I don't know why I think that other then I know a lot of stepmothers who don't love their stepchildren and before you know it they are living with their mothers, I have not seen ANY proof or heard teachers, neighbors etc. say anything other then she was an involved parent etc., I think in her mind her marriage was falling apart and she was going to lose Kyron she decided if she was going to lose him so would everyone else, I can't imagine any other reason for all of this.

The woman is not capable of love IF she hurt Kyron or is responsible in any way for his disappearance...

“Evil” is “live” spelled backwards — likewise, evil is in opposition to life

Evil is a variant of narcissistic personality disorder.

BTW...One of the characteristics of narcissism is insistence on a perfect image..JMO

Adalena935
07-09-2010, 08:42 PM
I keep thinking maybe she saw her marriage crumbling and knew she was going to lose Kyron because step parents have no rights and she thought NO WAY.....I've raised him and THEY aren't going to take him from me....IF I can't have him THEY won't either.....I believe he's alive though.....I'm hopeful she gave him to someone wanting a child or she has him stashed.

I envy your hopefulness. I think she's out of her mind due to the issue we can't mention. At least I've seen caution about not talking about issues we can't know about and I understand that but it makes it hard to mention what I'm afraid to mention KWIM. People have talked about all sorts of possible mental health issues or meds unknown but not the one that seems as if it could be obvious to my mind. whacked out agression/irritability. Maybe she didn't like the poor little thing and irritability/agression may have been driven by something she'd done to herself. I'm just saying it's possible. Hope I don't get in trouble for saying this.

Adalena935
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Some potential motives. Jealousy of the attention Kyron got. Being upset at child support Kaine had to pay. Being upset with Kaine and wanting to hurt him.

They all sound pretty stupid, but it always is something really stupid.

I think you're right. I wonder too if people who do terrible things even know their own minds; why they do the terrible crimes. Maybe it's a mix, who knows. When you think about hurting a child wow

Adalena935
07-09-2010, 08:59 PM

I do think whatever she did (if she did anything to harm Kyron) it shocked her after the fact. Yes, very much so I've thought that. I'm not strong on the poison aspect but I could be wrong. ETA: To say the truth I never thought of poison or the possibility of her poisoning the wrong person until I read your post. What a revelation.

kytty
07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
I think that the motive of why she would hurt Kyron is probably the same as or related to why she would want Kyron's dad killed.

CarmelEyesD
07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
RE Poisoning-Unless it was an accident? If perhaps she had prepared a 'snack' for Kaine that Kyron ate? I don't really see poisoning as a method to kill Kaine, however-too obvious and easily discoverable on autopsy..she was educated enough, I believe, to be aware of the risks there...

RoseWhite
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I often wondered if Terri was having an affair. Women seem to get 'rid' of their kids to start a new life. Don't know.

Why try to have her husband killed? That MUST be related.

I don't think she would just "hide" Kyron. But she might have sold him.

PoppyH
07-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Pure hatefulness and spite....

ella971
07-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I can't wrap my mind around wanting to hurt anyone. I want him home and safe. All we can do is pray.

marlap
07-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I often wondered if Terri was having an affair. Women seem to get 'rid' of their kids to start a new life. Don't know.

Why try to have her husband killed? That MUST be related.

I don't think she would just "hide" Kyron. But she might have sold him.

That's what I think if she is the responsible one. The person wants a new life and will get rid of everyone who stands in their way of that.

We've seen that in Laci Peterson's and Caylee Anthony's murders.

Zuckerschnecke
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
I have done a complete 180 on my opinion of this woman in recent weeks. Knowing now that her world was crumbling around her in terms of her family life, taking this anger out on an innocent child is the easiest thing to do. And what better revenge against someone than taking away what they love the most - a child or (like KC, a grandchild.) It's sick but in her own mind, she probably justified whatever it is she did. And at this point, if Kyron was alive, I think she'd be offering where he is. She's backed into a corner now.

pittsburghgirl
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Someone who was on one of the HLN shows called it the "Peterson" syndrome, after Scott Peterson. The killer wants out of a relationship but doesn't want to leave the people he or she is leaving behind. John List also comes to mind.

marlap
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Someone who was on one of the HLN shows called it the "Peterson" syndrome, after Scott Peterson. The killer wants out of a relationship but doesn't want to leave the people he or she is leaving behind. John List also comes to mind.

yes! John List case...another great example...he got his new life too for what? 20-ish years? Thanks heavens he was finally brought to justice.

If TH is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, I'd bet it's "wants a new life" syndrome, maybe coupled with a desire to hurt Kaine.

Sailor Bug
07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Thinking like Terri:

Terri was having serious problems emotionally and it was physically draining herself taking care of the 3 children while she existed in a not so happy marriage. She turned outward for blame instead of inward. It was everyone elses fault she was "in the position she was". Terri was ANGRY. Anger becomes a problem, if we "bottle it up" or if we 'blow up". Both of these extremes cause problems for the angry people and for those around them.

-She was unhappy with her marriage, and with her image which were both spiraling out of control causing her emotions and resentment to rapidly fluctuate.

-Her oldest son who was now a teenager and probably more vocal and questioning than he previously was, added to an already stressed out marriage. If her son goes...so does some of her stressors.

- Lil Kyron may have talked non stop about the GREAT visits with his bio Mom and the happiness going on in that home. Resentment continued to boil inside her. She thought she had control by ensuring she dealt with bio Mom, driving to drop Kyron off and the long drive would have driven her batty as Kyron would be excited about the pending visits. Terri resented anything to do with bio Mom and became jealous as afterall Terri WAS HIS TRUE MOTHER. Terri had given soooo selflessly of herself!! SHE had raised Kyron. The bio Mom was just that...the bio Mom...a mere visitor in K's life. This was all a BIG STRESSOR for years...and it continued to get worse. Terri was livid Kaine put HER in this position.

-Meanwhile, Kaine was having a hard time with the emotional tug of wars in the marriage. The emotional tantrums from his adult wife were taking his marriage on a rollar coaster ride. Hard to deal with all the ups and downs. Kaine never knew which way the wind blew when he came home. Terri became VERY needy and it didn't matter what he did...he couldn't fill those needs. He stopped trying and filled the void with doing whatever he could to make the best of it by helping the children (to make things easier for Terri). It became easier and easier for Kaine to focuss on survival, work and the children. Terri was left to focus on herself and hopefully work through her "problems"...but Terri's time was spent in pointing fingers and more anger brewed.

As Terri became more and more outraged...she blamed Kaine. The more time Kaine spent "away" just trying to endure the more fixated she became. Terri was really incensed and enraged and someone had to pay...she was fed up.

She allegedly hired a LS to murder Kaine...but did she realy want that

It would have been more self fullfilling FOR HER to hurt lil Kyron...then BOTH Kaine and the bio Mom--->WOULD REALLY KNOW WHAT SHE FELT ALL THOSE YEARS OF SELFLESS SERVICE.
``````````````````````````````````````````
So praying lil Kyron is found...it's all so heartbreaking

jmo

kbl8201
07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
WHY? WHY? You hear that stu? i think she wants a motive. did norman bates have a motive? did they ever figure out why hannibal lecter liked to eat people? i think its a lot scarier when there is no motive syd!"
billy loomis-scream

so many potential motives and any of them would make sense, if she did it. but the above quote i think fits my feelings, its a lot scarier when either you dont know the motive, or there is none.

maybe she had a psychotic break, for example

TopTop
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
That's what I think if she is the responsible one. The person wants a new life and will get rid of everyone who stands in their way of that.

We've seen that in Laci Peterson's and Caylee Anthony's murders.

Except that Kyron did not stand in the way of her happiness. If she wanted to be with someone else she just needed to divorce KH and in the process she would also eliminate Kyron from her life. It is her daughter that she would not be able to get rid of. I don't think the reason would be another man, a new life.

If she is guilty I think her hatred and anger towards KH (for what exact reasons I'm not sure) caused her to do this. She wanted to make him suffer.

Adrienne37
07-10-2010, 06:58 PM
JMO - I think it was pure jealousy of the relationship that Kaine had with Kyron. I think she wanted her perfect family and that perfect family didn't include her oldest son nor did it include Kyron. Her perfect family was herself, Kaine, and baby K. Perhaps she might have mentioned to Kaine that he send Kyron to live with his mother and Kaine balked at that idea making her become increasingly resentful of the relationship between Kaine and Kyron so she decided to eliminate that obstacle. Why she decided to put a hit on Kaine is beyond me but perhaps she was just so enraged that he wouldn't send Kyron to live with Desiree that she decided to get rid of him as well. Maybe by the grace of God Kyron is alive and we will know all the details once LE finds him.

smart blonde
07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe Terri met some guy on Facebook, or even some sexual Internet chat room. Maybe what started out as a not-so-innocent flirtation turned into something even darker, and more sinister.

Maybe Terri handed Kyron over to this guy, to 'get back' at Kaine, for whatever reason.

Maybe the guy Terri might have handed Kyron over to is a pedophile, and Terri even knew it, or suspected it, and didn't care.

God, I hope not. But, something happened to Kyron. Alive or not, he has to be somewhere.

And, I remember during at least one press conference, when asked if it was possible that Terri had an accomplice, Kaine and Desiree both looked at each other as if unsure of how to answer, and there was a long uncomfortable pause as the question hung in the air.

smart blonde
07-10-2010, 07:26 PM

ITA!
I have a lot of questions that we don't have the answers to, but here are some that are swirling around my head atm.

All things which would lead to major anger and jealousy on Terris part.

1. If Terri was always the one who met up with Desiree to drop off Kyron, it could very well be because Terri did not want Desiree and Kaine spending ANY time together.

2. What if Desiree had discussed parenting issues with Kaine, saying she didn't like the way terri was handling things with Kyron, and Kaine backed her up?

3.What if Kyron and Terri were butting heads, and Kyron said something like "You're not my mommy! One day my real mom and dad will be together again and you will have to go away." (most kids dream of bio-parents reuniting)

4. While Terri's appearance has gone downhill, desiree has such natural beauty. Maybe Terri got paranoid thinking he would start an affair or reunite with her.

Remove Kyron from the picture, then there's no reason for Kaine and Desiree to have any more contact.
Wow!
I feel both of these posts are so right-on-target that they should be re-posted!

WhyaDuck?
07-10-2010, 09:01 PM
RE Poisoning-Unless it was an accident? If perhaps she had prepared a 'snack' for Kaine that Kyron ate? I don't really see poisoning as a method to kill Kaine, however-too obvious and easily discoverable on autopsy..she was educated enough, I believe, to be aware of the risks there...

Yes, but some poisons are erroneously thought to be undetectable - digitalis, for one. It does show up, but many people believe it does not. Digitalis poisoning would result in a heart attack a few hours later, IIRC, which would make sense if you were trying to off a middle aged man when you have a safe alibi, IF you believed it to be untraceable. In a healthy child, though, a sudden heart attack would be hard to explain, hence panic and hiding the body.

So, basically my point is that she would know that some poisons would show up, but maybe she'd read too many bad crime novels and thought some were untraceable.

Some folks get awfully certain that they can commit the "perfect crime."

Kat
07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I have done a complete 180 on my opinion of this woman in recent weeks. Knowing now that her world was crumbling around her in terms of her family life, taking this anger out on an innocent child is the easiest thing to do. And what better revenge against someone than taking away what they love the most - a child or (like KC, a grandchild.) It's sick but in her own mind, she probably justified whatever it is she did. And at this point, if Kyron was alive, I think she'd be offering where he is. She's backed into a corner now.

If she did do this as you have outlined (and I do agree it's a distinct possibility) then she might not have consciously done so IMHO. It might have been a subconcious deflection of anger/frustration/need to control. Say for example: I'm angry and frustrated at my Husband or our relationship is no longer in my control (to the extent I want it to be) but I won't physically attack him directly, I will focus my anger on his child who can't fight back and defend themselves. I think they call that passive-aggressive? We have a lot of trained pro's here who would know.

Just curious.

tfrohning
07-10-2010, 10:44 PM
"To Hurt Kaine" or to stop Kyron from telling something she did or said.

ella971
07-10-2010, 11:35 PM
I can think of no reason she would hide him.Nothing for her to gain.

cypress
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm going to be optimistic.

If Terri is willfully involved in Kyron's abduction, and if he is alive, perhaps she is hiding him in a misguided attempt to protect him. Honestly, abducting him and keeping him alive as a way to get back at Kaine is a little out there for me, and more trouble than it's worth for someone with that motivation. If Terri is responsible for Kyron's abduction and the motive was to torture Kaine, then I believe she would've killed Kyron or had him killed. Staging an abduction and paying someone to keep Kyron alive, to care for him, to continue to take this kind of risk requires a different motivation and dedication, IMHO.

Adalena935
07-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Main motive I believe = unwanted. secondary = to punish Kaine.

mysticrose
07-11-2010, 09:51 AM
I still feel the motive here is money.

If she would have suceeded in a MFH plot on Kaine I am sure there is a sizeable life insurance policy on him. (My brother paints aircraft for a living and he has a 1 million dollar life insurance policy on him)so yeah it is possibly hefty.
Also with Kaine out of the picture she would no doubt be entitled to all/ or part of his assest's, the home, cars etc.....She would have retained full custody of the baby,Also more then likley Kyron would have went back to his mom to live full time so there would be no issue there.

If she felt KH was having an affair that would certainly set her off. I feel though that she may have had some interest in someone as well.... I can see in her demeanor she is a smart woman, very sly.

I cant seem to figure out just yet how she would go from wanting Kaine dead and then Kyron being missing unless she thought there would be a sizeable reward out for him. It is possible that Kaine's company has a kidnapping insurance of some sort that helps pay out for ransoms asked if your child or family member is taken.

The way LE has handled this from the get go for me tends to lean towards a ransom scenario. Although I know we have not heard that yet I think these may be the grounds they are working under.

TH has had a long time to go over this in her mind, I believe she has some help here, and it could be a new lover she has convinced to help out. Take Kyron, hide him, get the money, she splits it with him or her, hop a plane and leave the country ...lol ya know something along those lines.
Problem is ransom scenarios often don't work out especially here in the states, but in other countries they do, they work out well in fact.....I don't know just throwing this out, I just believe the motive here is money and disdain for Kaine .

I think it is possible he is still out there somewhere, with someone, at least I hope.............

akashana
07-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Motive had me quite puzzled for awhile. By all accounts, Kyron was a well-behaved boy who was well-liked and respectful of adults, so I didn't think it was a case of her not being able to put up with his antics and "going off" pn him, with fatal results. That may have occurred, however. But with the new information regarding the hit man scenario, I tend to think it was more for financial gain and to remove any possible heirs or beneficiaries to life insurance other than her and her baby daughter. Which is a stone-cold scenario, as it implies that she could not only arrange a hit on her husband, but also cause the death of his young son.

I feel that she acted alone in whatever occurred with Kyron. But the fact that she reached out to somebody else for the alleged murder for hire of Kaine raises the possibility that she may have also done the same with Kyron. And because of his age and abilities, i.e., the fact that Kyron could relate what occurred to police or others had he beeb abducted or sold and was not an infant that could be sold and reintegrated into a family situation with little or no suspicion, does not, in MHO, bode well for the hope that little Kyron is still alive out there somewhere.

And that just breaks my heart.

Aedrys
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I think she felt like she had to reach for help with Kaine. He's a man, he can defend himself, and surely he could hold her off if she tried to do something to him. Now if she reached out so the blood wouldn't be on her hands technically, that's different. I imagine she knew Kaine would be suspicious of her if she tried to trick him or do something to him herself. Maybe she even thought hiring someone wouldn't work either, that he'd be on to her if it failed, or maybe Desiree would be on to her if successful too. Maybe that alone made her abandon the hit man for hire scenario at some point.

But I look at Kyron and see such a fragile, helpless boy. He's only seven, probably can't fend her off, and I would think she would have much more control over him. I guess I'm saying I can see her hurting him for those reasons. Now if she, again, didn't want the blood directly on her hands, I can see her bringing someone in to help. But my gut tells me she couldn't get what she wanted done on Kaine because she couldn't risk being found out, so poor Kyron became her target because he was more accessible, and less likely to be able to fight her if she did do something to him.

We also don't know how obedient Kyron was to her. Maybe she figured it would be really easy since he's possibly such an obedient and trusting little boy. It just makes me so mad when I think about it. There was this little boy that probably trusted and loved her, and she probably took total advantage of that to do something bad to him. I just hate the thought that even Kyron was probably surprised, couldn't believe this person that he loved and trusted was betraying him. How sick is it to take advantage of a kid like that?

What this boils down to is that this might just have been a matter of convenience. She probably thought she could spin it to her benefit, either through lawsuit to the school or more intimacy with Kaine. Either way, it brings more attention to her, at least she probably thought it would. Weirdly enough, I don't think money is her primary motivator. I think it's wanting to be #1, and have her needs met before anyone else's. I've definitely seen this is as motivation in other cases, and in one, it's worked to a certain degree. Casey's parent's definitely have all of Casey's attention now, and have certainly pushed Caylee under the rug to keep defending Casey. It hasn't helped get her out of jail, though.

kant
07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Many interesting theories to read here. What bugs me, among several things, is the whole story from the beginning. MAybe I need to re-read or refamiliarize myself with the specifics, but the bio-mom-was-sick-and-sent-away-for-treatment-then-TH-came-in-to-nanny/slash/care-for-Kyron-and-married-Dad scenario sounds... IDK the word. What I mean is, first - TH and bio mom were friends? or "friends?" Did I read that correctly? Additionally, it seems to me that bio dad would have the budget etc to find an appropriate, capable caregiver for Kyron w/o moving TH into his home. Also, how was TH's previous life so stable, peachy, whatever such that she could completely uproot and move in with KH to care for Kyron? Maybe it wasn't on a moment's notice, but it seems it was done rather quickly. (?)

M-pathetic
07-11-2010, 03:12 PM
The woman is not capable of love IF she hurt Kyron or is responsible in any way for his disappearance...

BTW...One of the characteristics of narcissism is insistence on a perfect image..JMO

The "thanks" button wasn't enough...a CHILLING profundity--that little gem!

SleuthyGal
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Motives for crimes are:

- anger/resentment
- revenge
- profiting in some way

There's always a reason someone does a crime, even if it's just a crime of opportunity (profiting in some way).

We're not going to know the 'motive' until we learn all the facts of this case and unfortunately there's not much info and mostly pure speculation.

DeepThinker
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
This just came to me, so I apologize if it has already been mentioned previously - I just wanted to get it out there while it was still fresh in my head. What if K somehow found out about the MFH? And he threatened to tell? Just a thought...IMO JMO and MOO, of course.

Donjeta
07-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Many interesting theories to read here. What bugs me, among several things, is the whole story from the beginning. MAybe I need to re-read or refamiliarize myself with the specifics, but the bio-mom-was-sick-and-sent-away-for-treatment-then-TH-came-in-to-nanny/slash/care-for-Kyron-and-married-Dad scenario sounds... IDK the word. What I mean is, first - TH and bio mom were friends? or "friends?" Did I read that correctly? Additionally, it seems to me that bio dad would have the budget etc to find an appropriate, capable caregiver for Kyron w/o moving TH into his home. Also, how was TH's previous life so stable, peachy, whatever such that she could completely uproot and move in with KH to care for Kyron? Maybe it wasn't on a moment's notice, but it seems it was done rather quickly. (?)

You should go read the Blended family thread... Lots of posters thought that the nanny story sounded a bit unlikely from the start and since then we have heard DY say that she wasn't friends with Terri and that the first time she spoke with TH was when Kyron was about a year and a half old, and that Terri was a liar and told lies about how she and Kaine met.

I think it classifies as a rumor on WS to say what it all adds up to but, well.

MysteryAddict
07-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Emeralgem...I agree with you.

So many here want to assign normal feelings and thoughts of Motherly love to this woman, but by now we should understand that some people just don't think or have feelings like the rest of us.

I look at her pose as a body builder. I see those muscles. Maybe she couldn't kill
Kaine with her bare hands, but poor little Kyron would be no problem for her.
She didn't need an accomplice!

I agree with you that in this case we are dealing with "evil"!

Marple
07-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Motives for crimes are:

- anger/resentment
- revenge
- profiting in some way

There's always a reason someone does a crime, even if it's just a crime of opportunity (profiting in some way).

We're not going to know the 'motive' until we learn all the facts of this case and unfortunately there's not much info and mostly pure speculation.

I would add "fear" as a motive as well, perhaps this would fall under "profiting in some way". For instance, a person could be fearful that someone will tell a secret or ruin their reputation in some way. I'm not saying it is necessarily a motive in this particular case, just throwing in my two cents.:twocents:

TxLady2
07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Hard to predict what anyone's motive would be to hurt or kill a child, since it could have been done in a sudden burst of anger, or it could have been planned. Motive can be anything, and I've heard of some real doozies before in other cases.

My strongest thoughts are revenge. She wanted to hurt Kaine AND Desiree. Maybe a little misguided jealousy. Thinking they wanted to get back together, or just knowing that they did have a history together and letting that jealousy escalate.

Also kids are notorious for throwing up their real mom to the stepmom. "My mom can cook WAY better than you." or "My mom is SO pretty." or "I wish my mom could have been here for the science fair today."

I am NOT making excuses for her IF she did harm Kyron, because there are no excuses for that. Just saying that if she had some mental issues, ANYTHING could have set her off. The sad part is... we may never know.

KeyboardCat
07-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Very interesting article here:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/women/women1/1.html

Gives a whole list of motives for women to kill (anyone, not just children, or their own children.) Here are the ones that stand out to me if Terri did this.
revenge
monetary gain
ridding themselves of a burden
following orders
delusions
rivalry

Interesting quotes from the article:

"In more recent years, females have turned increasingly toward strangers as victims, but they generally choose easy targets among vulnerable populations. They don't mutilate corpses, which is common to a certain type of male serial killer."

"While people are appalled by women who kill their own children, it's more common than we think. Maternal instinct is sometimes no match for deadened emotions or personal ambition."

"Instead of poison, she may grab an ax, even a gun. Instead of killing a customer who failed to pay for drugs, she might bear and kill children one at a time. (In fact, women outnumber men in the deaths of children and come equal to them in killing siblings and parents.)"

citigirl
07-11-2010, 10:42 PM
After watching the video of TH in the parking lot--and thinking back to the early "family" press conference--I am beginning to feel like the MFH and the disappearance of Kyron were engineered by TH for nothing more than DRAMA and ATTENTION. Remember, Kaine said in those early days, while everyone else was looking for Kyron, TH was focused on herself.

gardeness
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
While I am giving Terri the benefit of the doubt until more concrete proof emerges, I do have a theory if she is guilty.

If Terri murdered Kyron, I think it was an accidental death. If she had planned this, she would have been prepared to immediately answer questions about her routine that day.

Another detail that would persuade me into thinking it was accidental, is her daughter. If she dotes on her daughter as people speculate, from the pics on her Facebook and the way DY tried to use K. as leverage in one of her PCs, she would never risk losing her.

Mamietwo
07-12-2010, 01:30 AM
I still feel the motive here is money.

If she would have suceeded in a MFH plot on Kaine I am sure there is a sizeable life insurance policy on him. (My brother paints aircraft for a living and he has a 1 million dollar life insurance policy on him)so yeah it is possibly hefty.
Also with Kaine out of the picture she would no doubt be entitled to all/ or part of his assest's, the home, cars etc.....She would have retained full custody of the baby,Also more then likley Kyron would have went back to his mom to live full time so there would be no issue there.

If she felt KH was having an affair that would certainly set her off. I feel though that she may have had some interest in someone as well.... I can see in her demeanor she is a smart woman, very sly.

(snipped respectfully)

I think it is possible he is still out there somewhere, with someone, at least I hope.............

I like your theory because it shares similarities with mine---lol. I was thinking back on the interview where Kaine had said (not word for word) that he and Terri started having problems not long after the baby was born and he said something about possibly PPD being involved. So! Terri feels she is not getting from him what she needs or wants psychologically, so she decides to cut her losses and have him done away with. At first she's not thinking monetarily but after awhile she does. She thinks with him out of the way, she'll get the house, the bank accounts, probably a hefty insurance payout just on what his company holds on him plus any personal insurance. (Keep in mind she's not thinking clearly or else she'd have never put together this MFH thing.) Then further, she thinks that even better, Kyron will go back to his bio mom and she won't have to put up with him either and it will be just her, the baby and her older son. But something happens and she either can't go through with it afterall or find anybody that wants to go to prison for such a paultry sum!

About three months or so afterward, Terri's son moves out of the house, by request of an adult. I can only speculate as to where the request came from and I do not know if both adults agreed to this move but it could be added to Terri's list of unhappy things in her life.

So now we're at June 4th and she's had plenty of time to think about what she wants to do because of the failed MFH plot and her son moving out of the house and she decides to make Kaine pay for this. All in all, she's thinking this idea is much better than having Kaine murdered anyway. I don't think the adults in the house are getting along well at this point and I don't know whether divorce has been discussed prior but I can see it being a possibility. Not that both people agreed to it, just that it had been discussed. So now life as she knows it, is going to change big time with a divorce. At any rate, if it had been discussed, her time was going to run out so she needed to make some sort of move quickly and decided that after the science fair would be a good time to go into action. The pain she could put Kaine through would be priceless in her opinion and she would be there to see him experience it. In my opinion TH works well on a vindictive level. And I think she was trying to get back at Kaine for something or several somethings.

This is just my opinion. Thanks!

PorcineGranny
07-12-2010, 02:14 AM
This case is so sad and confusing. I pray for Kyron every night. But, here are my thoughts, I don't think this was a crime for money. To be this evil, it has to do with deep feelings of an individual. How many of us get the psychological support from our husbands that we need? Its the nature of the beast. Plus, there was probably some jealousy going on in some way. I do think Terri is involved, but not just her, but she has some part in this.
And you know many times, we sit and think how we would have committed a crime, but in the heat of actually doing it, stupidity has always reigned. I would think Terri is intelligent enough to pull off a crime, but maybe not prepared for the feelings she was experienced which would cause her to make a mistake.

I wish we knew what kind of person she is, Its my feeling that she is not a loving , caring person, but I've heard no one say.

DeepThinker
07-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Okay, so I had to dig to find this thread, but then I will be posting on topic :dance:

since this ls development with the person they are looking at being a female, that puts a slightly different spin on things. Perhaps this person has promised TH a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" type deal. For instance, TH is mentioning her unhappiness in the relationship, and this person tells her they can help resolve that situation, and then TH will be "free" to come and stay with this person until everything returns to normal. Possible romantic involvement? idk.

Just throwing this out there....along with the eleventy-million other theories. :) JMO, IMO :cow:

txsvicki
07-23-2010, 04:49 AM
There could be several motives if Terri has done something, but I have no idea if she or necessarily think she's guilty. I do believe that Kyron was miserable, unhappy, and sobbing about having to live where he did because his Mom says so.

Love:
Marriage falling apart, husband threatening to dump her, Kyron being affected and not wanting to live in the home, threats of losing her baby like happened to Desiree. Kaine fussing with her son and him leaving her. Bitterness over giving up a career and not wanting to lose Kyron who seems like her own son. Planned disappearance with help of someone that she has convinced. Maybe a lover met online who has connections to Mexico or Canada.
Money:
Disappear Kyron and set up a "suicide" for Kaine
Snapped:
Alleged hit plot on Kaine fell through. Despondent, pschotic, marriage falling apart, about to snap and snapped on Kyron, but that would only work if the teacher really did misunderstand about the vague non-appointment. Kyron could have acted up that morning and got punished, maybe with revenge.
Abuse:
Kyron's unhappiness and sobbing could indicate abuse and sometimes abuse just goes too far resulting in something horrible that the abuser tries to cover up.
Keep him From his Mom:
If Desiree was beginning to ask what was wrong with Kyron, why, and that she wants him back, maybe he's being hidden for his Dad, even without his knowledge.

No motives make much sense because they don't explain how she expected to get her baby and herself away from Kaine without money or how his death wouldn't look suspicious later on. How does she plan to keep Kyron from talking later on if he's hidden now. She could homeschool, but she'd need a new partner with money, probably in another country. I figure if some horrible people can be hired for murder they can also be hired to hide a child, especially if they're in love or lust, and could be male or female.

txsvicki
07-23-2010, 04:57 AM
You should go read the Blended family thread... Lots of posters thought that the nanny story sounded a bit unlikely from the start and since then we have heard DY say that she wasn't friends with Terri and that the first time she spoke with TH was when Kyron was about a year and a half old, and that Terri was a liar and told lies about how she and Kaine met.

I think it classifies as a rumor on WS to say what it all adds up to but, well.

Not trying to correct you but, DY never said that she didn't know of or know Terri when Kyron was a little baby, she just simply said that Terri was not her friend. Desiree also said that Kyron was 18 months old before she "would even talk to" Terri. To me that means that as far as Desiree was concerned Terri was no friend of hers and she refused to even talk to her until forced to when her health failed.

froginTtown
07-23-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm still stuck on WHY did she decide to have him "disappear" at the school.... of all places... Where she was known the most... and at the biggest risk of people knowing her and Kyron.. why not a shopping mall ???

The only answer I can think of is a law suit against the school..??? a hatred against them too??

If it was for the money:
Kyron missing-presumed dead after statute.etc.. ---insurance- law suit on school..
Distraught father commit's suicide (MFH plot) -- law suit on school.. inherits everthing. poss. insurance..

passionflower
07-23-2010, 10:51 AM
IMO,
Jealousy.......the attention Kyron got from dad.
Money............kidnapping plot backfired
Revenge.........hurt Kaine so bad, he would do suicide
Burden..../ Hate.......could not stand Kyron
Evil...........some people just are
SEX./sadist.........kicks with others that went wrong.........accident????????
JMOO

INQUIRING MINDS
07-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Nancy Grace Transcripts:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/29/ng.01.html

GRACE: Why? Why did she send her own son away?

PITKIN: I went down to ask that of that child`s father down in Roseburg. He said that the child was suffering in school here and butting heads with Kaine Horman, his stepdad, and so Terri decided to send him down.

Here is what I think. Terri was after revenge.
Her position :So you cause me to get rid of my son, So I will get rid of Yours.

debs
07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
That's quite a leap.

VidaRose
07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
She did this in order to make the father's murder look like a suicide. She thought she would get away with it and that no one would look close at a potential suicide of the father afterward.

I wouldn't be suprised if Kyrons disposal site was staged by her to look like a sex offender abducted and dumped him.

tehcloser
07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I think IF she did it...it was more of a jealous of DY thing. It's apparent they did not like each other.

desquire
07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Not to be indelicate but there are a million reasons why one person would kill another, all of them making perfect sense to the murderer but no sense to anyone else.

To me the more interesting questions are, if we believe Kaine - that Kyron is still alive and Terri was aided in his abduction by one or more of her friends, (1) what could Terri possibly think she would gain by making Kyron disappear and stashing him somewhere, and (2) what story could she tell that would possibly make a friend assist her in this and keep quiet about it even now, after everything that has come out in the news? I'm at a loss.

Emma Peel
07-23-2010, 06:31 PM
She did this in order to make the father's murder look like a suicide. She thought she would get away with it and that no one would look close at a potential suicide of the father afterward.

I wouldn't be suprised if Kyrons disposal site was staged by her to look like a sex offender abducted and dumped him.

This is very interesting. :waitasec: Hmmmm.... she'd have to be nutz ... but ... she'd have to be nutz in any scenario and at least this works with the murder for hire thing...

Emma Peel
07-23-2010, 06:45 PM
sshhhhhh...

DD works in landscaping and is taking college chemsitry ...

ssshhhhhhhhh...

TxLady2
07-23-2010, 08:06 PM
I think IF she did it...it was more of a jealous of DY thing. It's apparent they did not like each other.

I agree, and it could be a combination of lots of things. The PPD, depression over her body changing, not retaining that bodybuilder shape. Jealousy and resentment of the ex-wife, feeling stuck in a rut, taking care of the baby and Kyron all the time, not getting enough attention from Kaine, then thinking he was having an affair, even if he was not.
I think Terri had a lot more serious problems than those around her seemed to realize, which is not uncommon.
But to take your husband's child and (possibly) do harm to them out of resentment or anger or whatever... that's something no one could have forseen. It's the sign of a very, very sick mind!!

ella971
07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I can only say stranger things have happened. Do not want to even try and get in her mind but I can say this If you really want to kill someone without killing them you would take the most important thing from them.Sit back and watch them suffer.

SusieMom
07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm still struggling with the idea that anybody with other access to the child would have planned to "abduct" him from the school. It just seems like an unlikely thing to settle on as THE PLAN that you're gonna run with if the object was to get rid of the kid without getting caught, it was so incredibly insanely risky.

I think it could be that there was no motive, but it happened during her furious reaction to something Kyron did while they were at the school. Follow me.... something very infuriating happened at the school, something so bad she decided to leave with him, to take him home, which makes her even madder b/c it makes all the work on the project a big waste of time, because the "occasion" has been ruined. In her anger, something very bad happens after she leaves the school premises, she calls in one or more friends to help b/c she can't stand facing the results of her "accident", they "fix" it before KH comes home from the office, convincing themselves they are doing it for Baby K, so her world won't be completely destroyed. When its time for the school bus, KH and baby K go out to meet Kyron, but she lags behind... (WTH am I going to say when no Kyron gets off the bus?).... they proceed to the school and she realizes that they don't know she even took him so she doesn't even have to deny it.... how would she then proceed? Act like the shocked, grieving parent when she must, but then shut up and say nothing at all......

Kat
07-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Motive? Jealousy. JMHO.

Another case that sofia reminded me of last night.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20104652,00.html

helpfulcharlie
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm still struggling with the idea that anybody with other access to the child would have planned to "abduct" him from the school. It just seems like an unlikely thing to settle on as THE PLAN that you're gonna run with if the object was to get rid of the kid without getting caught, it was so incredibly insanely risky.

I think it could be that there was no motive, but it happened during her furious reaction to something Kyron did while they were at the school. Follow me.... something very infuriating happened at the school, something so bad she decided to leave with him, to take him home, which makes her even madder b/c it makes all the work on the project a big waste of time, because the "occasion" has been ruined. In her anger, something very bad happens after she leaves the school premises, she calls in one or more friends to help b/c she can't stand facing the results of her "accident", they "fix" it before KH comes home from the office, convincing themselves they are doing it for Baby K, so her world won't be completely destroyed. When its time for the school bus, KH and baby K go out to meet Kyron, but she lags behind... (WTH am I going to say when no Kyron gets off the bus?).... they proceed to the school and she realizes that they don't know she even took him so she doesn't even have to deny it.... how would she then proceed? Act like the shocked, grieving parent when she must, but then shut up and say nothing at all......

I could almost buy that story if it didn't look so much like it was planned. I suppose a miraculous set of coincidences could have worked in her favor, but I really have my doubts. Plus I think a person's much more likely to cover up an intentional act than an accident.

At the same time, it would have been so easy, if it was intentional, to frame it as an accident and then take the heat for it.

This conflict makes me put a little more stock in the 'Kyron is hidden' theory. Not a whole lot, because I'm a pessimist and I've seen too many of these kinds of cases end in a dumped body.

I guess it'll all make sense when it makes sense. And then it won't, but at least maybe we'll understand it better.

Skully
07-23-2010, 09:46 PM
After reading that DS is not cooperating and urging others not to either, I would say she was feed a line from Terri. DS may think that Terri put Kyron into hiding for some reason of protection from Kaine, but I don't buy it. I have read enough about the underground to know, kids don't go into hiding by themselves. You have to go with them, you have to have money to pay your own way, and there is a very through screening before you are contacted and it is all very cloak and dagger. They don't send someone into a school to kidnap the child. So if this is going to be the story or reason, hit the buzzer now!!!!

SurfieTX
07-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I've been mulling this over in my head all morning with the revelation of DDS. I'm just gonna free type my thoughts, so I might ramble - advanced apologies.

The 2 things that stick out the most for me are KH and DY stating emphatically and with certainty in a presser that they believed someone else was involved and that it was planned. Then, TH, DY and TY come out with a very strong statement and warning about possible civil action against DDS.

This leads me to believe that she was somehow involved or knows something. BUT, why would two people cover for each other so vehemently? THAT is what I would like to know. Logic dictates that they both have a secret, could be differing secrets or the same one, but one that would likely destroy each of their lives.

I've seen it speculated that they might be lovers (RUMOR ALERT!!). But, really, is that enough to hide or harm a little boy over? Perhaps. DDS was unemployed and so was TH. Money for them to work out and garden together forever might seem "reasonable" w/i their crazy, lovestruck mindset.

DDS was, in essence, doing landscaping. I know that TH looked up the landscaper on a website. TH could have asked DDS about him. DDS could have very well asked him to do a hit on KH because she wanted him out of TH's life. There's a pretty good secret. DDS could have taken Kyron hostage and threatened to "out" TH and set TH up for the MFH scheme. Another possible secret.

WHAT could it be between them that holds such a strong bond? IDK.

21merc7
07-24-2010, 03:08 PM
After reading that DS is not cooperating and urging others not to either, I would say she was feed a line from Terri. DS may think that Terri put Kyron into hiding for some reason of protection from Kaine, but I don't buy it. I have read enough about the underground to know, kids don't go into hiding by themselves. You have to go with them, you have to have money to pay your own way, and there is a very through screening before you are contacted and it is all very cloak and dagger. They don't send someone into a school to kidnap the child. So if this is going to be the story or reason, hit the buzzer now!!!!

Bern,

DS is from a family of LE. They would recommend do not talk. Having worked with lawyers for years, and seeing what goes on, I would to. Having been married to ex LE and ex, ha, NO WAY I would talk to anyone without a lawyer. I would tell any and all, get a lawyer now, shut up, not a word, nothing. Let the best lawyer in town handle it. No cloak and dagger on that side of it, just honest, simple truth.

The Turn of the Screw is merely words.

:( Sorry everyone, just lawyer up. Don't buy into prepaid lawyer plans either, btw. Sorry O/T.

Calliope
07-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Bern,

DS is from a family of LE. They would recommend do not talk. Having worked with lawyers for years, and seeing what goes on, I would to. Having been married to ex LE and ex, ha, NO WAY I would talk to anyone without a lawyer. I would tell any and all, get a lawyer now, shut up, not a word, nothing. Let the best lawyer in town handle it. No cloak and dagger on that side of it, just honest, simple truth.

The Turn of the Screw is merely words.

:( Sorry everyone, just lawyer up. Don't buy into prepaid lawyer plans either, btw. Sorry O/T.

The more I think about it, the more I think that's what is meant by DeDe "not cooperating". She advised Terri (and others) to stop talking and get an attorney, and took this advice for herself. Aside from that, she needs to account for where she was on June 4th, IF the story of her leaving "abruptly" is true.

cluciano63
07-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know if she has refused to talk to LE at all? (Dede?) Or has she said she would do so with a lawyer present? I would like to know before she is smeared across the internet as well, as being "uncooperative" and "having something to hide"- well, too late for that, I am she already is.

kathryann
07-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Sociopaths get pleasure out of other people's pain. I think TH is just a manipulative person, doesn't matter male / female. The video of her walking with her attorney's assistant it looks to me like the cat who ate the canary, she has the secret and everyone else wants to know what it is. It's a very powerful feeling for someone like her. Why this DD person would remain loyal to her is a mystery, but I have a feeling there is going to be some kind of a "bombshell" revealed shortly.

Calliope
07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Sociopaths get pleasure out of other people's pain. I think TH is just a manipulative person, doesn't matter male / female. The video of her walking with her attorney's assistant it looks to me like the cat who ate the canary, she has the secret and everyone else wants to know what it is. It's a very powerful feeling for someone like her. Why this DD person would remain loyal to her is a mystery, but I have a feeling there is going to be some kind of a "bombshell" revealed shortly.

Well that's just the point. I don't see why ANYONE would be willing to take such a bullet for a friend. We're talking about kidnapping and (probably) murder here. Unless Terri has something MAJOR with which to blackmail this woman --- and I can't come up with anything that would cause her to risk being charged as an accomplice in kidnapping and murder --- I truly believe "not cooperating" means retaining an attorney and advising others to do so. That is the only thing that makes sense, other than the unlikely possibility that Terri somehow convinced her this was a 'noble cause' and Kyron is in hiding in some sort of 'safe house' situation.

AvalonBlue
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Motive? Jealousy. JMHO.

Wow...
Way sobering and definitely worth reading.
I know we have a hard time wrapping our heads around this kind of cold, calculated brutality involving Ky -- however, this article definitely shows it *does* happen.

scandi
07-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Not to be indelicate but there are a million reasons why one person would kill another, all of them making perfect sense to the murderer but no sense to anyone else.

To me the more interesting questions are, if we believe Kaine - that Kyron is still alive and Terri was aided in his abduction by one or more of her friends, (1) what could Terri possibly think she would gain by making Kyron disappear and stashing him somewhere, and (2) what story could she tell that would possibly make a friend assist her in this and keep quiet about it even now, after everything that has come out in the news? I'm at a loss.

Hi, I really see 3 questions here if you include what would her motive be in hiding Kyron. In doing that to possibly teach Kaine a lesson, it would anger him instead I think and turn him against her.

If she did murder him I believe it is because Kyron posed a major threat to the lifestyle she wanted to live. The only way to maintain that lifestyle would be to eliminate the threat, or kill him. That also would make hiding him for a future reappearance a non-issue and don't believe it was done. IMO

BTW, we learned about this 'getting rid of the threat' during the Scott Peterson case when I believe Dr Albaugh said this is why most people are killed. I think Kyron saw something to do with Terri and Kyron told her he was going to tell daddy. That would have infuriated Kaine to the point he would have been finished with her and sent her packing. And for her that would ruin her life. She might have needed the financial support and structure of marriage to live so that she could maintain a certain lifestyle outside of the marriage. IMO

kimE
07-24-2010, 05:08 PM
My theory is she wanted Kaine dead for his life insurance and sole possession of their home. Possibly found out Ky was his beneficiary and so she had to do away with the child.
I also think there is a third accomplice due to the time frame and there being only a few hours that these women had to work in.

A possible motive for an accomplice would be a payout when she gets the life insurance money.
I mean, I can't think of a reason why anyone, friend or no friend, would aid or cover-up a crime like this if it didn't involve money.

I also hold out hope that these two women are not murderers and they only kidnapped Ky to get him out of the picture and assumed dead until Kaine was dead and she collected on the life insurance and then Ky could possibly be found alive at a later date.

Far fetched, I know, but so is everything else I can think of.

BeanE
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
My theory is she wanted Kaine dead for his life insurance and sole possession of their home. Possibly found out Ky was his beneficiary and so she had to do away with the child.
I also think there is a third accomplice due to the time frame and there being only a few hours that these women had to work in.

A possible motive for an accomplice would be a payout when she gets the life insurance money.
I mean, I can't think of a reason why anyone, friend or no friend, would aid or cover-up a crime like this if it didn't involve money.

I also hold out hope that these two women are not murderers and they only kidnapped Ky to get him out of the picture and assumed dead until Kaine was dead and she collected on the life insurance and then Ky could possibly be found alive at a later date.

Far fetched, I know, but so is everything else I can think of.

Hi KimE. You may be an 'E' relation! ;)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1113&pictureid=10616

Paulette
07-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Money. What else is there? Revenge or hated? Who was going to be the next to go? The one with the insurance policy.

Someone help me out here. I have this wee problem with Kyron being hidden somewhere. Why? Where's the benefit in that? If he's ever set free isn't he going to tell?

kimE
07-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I agree Paulette, I just hold out hope is all. My mind can't wrap around that little boy being murdered. But we all know that is a possibility.
There are a lot of very messed up people in this world for sure.

Hi BeanE..lol..I didn't notice the E relation ..
E just happens to be my middle initial :)

Schmerty_Jones
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Money. What else is there? Revenge or hated? Who was going to be the next to go? The one with the insurance policy.

Someone help me out here. I have this wee problem with Kyron being hidden somewhere. Why? Where's the benefit in that? If he's ever set free isn't he going to tell?

You are right on that point. The perps want money ,freedom to live their life style & do not have the motherly, wifely feelings that a family needs to be successfully close & loving! These perps are full of hate & greed. Plotting revenge is exciting.Poor Kyron is no longer with us. I hope the perps get the death penalty.:furious::furious:

debirlfan
07-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Well that's just the point. I don't see why ANYONE would be willing to take such a bullet for a friend. We're talking about kidnapping and (probably) murder here. Unless Terri has something MAJOR with which to blackmail this woman --- and I can't come up with anything that would cause her to risk being charged as an accomplice in kidnapping and murder --- I truly believe "not cooperating" means retaining an attorney and advising others to do so. That is the only thing that makes sense, other than the unlikely possibility that Terri somehow convinced her this was a 'noble cause' and Kyron is in hiding in some sort of 'safe house' situation.

Re why anyone would help TH hide Kyron....

Just to run another idea up the flagpole - what if you helped to "hide" a child - and the child himself was begging you not to turn him in because he was afraid to go home?

Paulette
07-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Re why anyone would help TH hide Kyron....

Just to run another idea up the flagpole - what if you helped to "hide" a child - and the child himself was begging you not to turn him in because he was afraid to go home?

7 year old children don't beg not to be sent home. He'd be crying his eyes out for his mom - his real mom. Social workers report that abused children don't want to be seperated from their parents. It's all they've ever known - at least they know what to expect from the monsters they know, than the monsters they don't know.

cluciano63
07-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I just don't see a motive. Hating Kaine is one thing and separate for me. We don't have any proof at all that she is any kind of a sociopath, maybe a liar according to Desiree anyway. I still think whatever happened, if involving Terri, was an accident. Unless her motive was to hurt Desiree, not Kaine, but I still don't see it. She already was hurting Desiree just by beaing in Kyron's life, apparently.

mrsjonnob
07-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I guess if I have to believe Terri did it, I would like to think she is hiding him with plans to split reward money when a "good samaritan" finds him.

21merc7
07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
7 year old children don't beg not to be sent home. He'd be crying his eyes out for his mom - his real mom. Social workers report that abused children don't want to be seperated from their parents. It's all they've ever known - at least they know what to expect from the monsters they know, than the monsters they don't know.

Kyron did not beg. He just cried. All children do. Even without the obvious animosity this family has. That is normal. Children are torn, whole thread on that somewhere.

OhighO
07-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Just a shot in the dark here.

Curious if anyone in LE tested TH for steroids. So much talk about the gym makes me wonder if she was trying to get back into shape to compete again and was using suplements . Did she get angry and go into a "roid rage"? Not sure what other emotional effects steroids causes. Anything that could be mistaken for PPD ?

Lady Sleuth
07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
I think if she did anything harmful to Kyron, it will boil down to the old green monster. Jealousy. She may have felt that Kaine paid more attention to Kyron and loved him more than their daughter.

jmho
Lady Sleuth

revampz
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
I put my theory in right at the beginning of this thread that it was revenge towards Kaine for the oldest son being sent away and or alleged affair and that I dont think she really liked Kyron and thought "oh well if I am not going to mother my own son then I wont mother HIS son either"........

However now that this Dede and maybe another has come into the picture I am not sure at all.......I still think she has done something but not sure what and think it is because she is going to "get" Kaine....be it accuse him of abuse or something.....hence the reason dd and others have helped......they hate Kaine because of what Th has told them....

but when I read about the insurance policy that seems possible...money.....also I sometimes think it was an accident after a rage and dd has helped cover it up.....(but it seems too planned)

ONE THING I AM SURE OF: she is a gutsy, self absorbed woman who uses people and would feel no guilt doing so....

competition bodybuilding.....straight up competitive..
affairs while married to first husband..
2nd husband adopts her child....does not see him for 3 years and she sues him...
2nd husband paying bio dad for HER son he does not see.....(WHO could do that!)
Dont know how she ended up with Kaine but rumor not good...
Sextexts landscaper and then wants to "use" him to knock off hubby...
Sextexts Kaines old friend....am sure there was something he was to be "used" for...
Dont know what DDS has been "used for" yet but am sure she has...
and this is just the little we do know about her life...

she is not trustworthy....

Melanie
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
IMHO I think she has a personality disorder as well, and that Kyron is no longer with us. I believe she had it pretty well though out beforehand (the need for the truck, the driving on rural roads, the gym, the supposed doctor appt.). It all seems pre-meditated to me. All done to hurt Kaine and then it would just be the three of them, and she would come out smelling like roses for her tremendous emotional support (ie, the first presser). Too bad it isn't working out that way.

Again - JMO.

Mel

citigirl
07-25-2010, 10:50 PM
One point that keeps coming up over and over is that Terri will not speak out to deny some of the things that have been said about her. I think this might be a myth. I found an old news report that says she denies the MFH plot, but there are no details about the denial. The article comes after she has hired Houze. It is an LA Times article that really comes from the local Fox station: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/kcpq-070510-missingboy,0,5547924.story

Leila
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM
If Terri did harm Kyron, I think the motive is money, hatred, and jealousy. If the MFH late last year is true, this indicates that Terri has harbored anger and hatred towards Kaine for a long time, probably for some time prior to trying to arrange the MFH and ever since then. I think Terri is jealous of DY and resents her presence in their lives. I think Terri is unhappy in her role as mother and wife and wants her freedom. She blames Kaine for her unhappiness.

This is only my speculation based on what is known and what is perceived about the individuals involved in this case. I think Terri wanted to do away with Kaine and as his spouse acquire all his assets. But, she had to remove Kyron, as Kaine's heir, before eliminating Kaine. Once she removed Kyron, it may have been only a matter of time before Kaine had some sort of fatal accident.

newone
07-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Yes, but some poisons are erroneously thought to be undetectable - digitalis, for one. It does show up, but many people believe it does not. Digitalis poisoning would result in a heart attack a few hours later, IIRC, which would make sense if you were trying to off a middle aged man when you have a safe alibi, IF you believed it to be untraceable. In a healthy child, though, a sudden heart attack would be hard to explain, hence panic and hiding the body.

So, basically my point is that she would know that some poisons would show up, but maybe she'd read too many bad crime novels and thought some were untraceable.

Some folks get awfully certain that they can commit the "perfect crime."

Foxglove is rampant in the PNW (it's the source of digitalis) -- wouldn't be hard to do

newone
07-26-2010, 02:42 AM
While I am giving Terri the benefit of the doubt until more concrete proof emerges, I do have a theory if she is guilty.

If Terri murdered Kyron, I think it was an accidental death. If she had planned this, she would have been prepared to immediately answer questions about her routine that day.

Another detail that would persuade me into thinking it was accidental, is her daughter. If she dotes on her daughter as people speculate, from the pics on her Facebook and the way DY tried to use K. as leverage in one of her PCs, she would never risk losing her.

BBM

I have wondered too if this is an accidental death -- what if she left K in car with baby while she hopped into Albertsons quickly and returned to find baby screaming and K unable to answer her questions as to why baby was crying and she smacked him so hard his head cracked into the truck pillar or something similar? This is MOO and conjecture but he was a wee lad who appeared pretty slight and could have easily been hurt by a smack. However, as a CSI fan she should have known to call 911 (but she didn't want the embarrassment of abuse charges etc I am guessing). Her marriage would have ended immediately and so would any hopes of retaining custody of her daughter -- her job prospects would be limited too.

shorty42404
07-26-2010, 02:48 AM
I haven't read through all of the posts, sorry, but if she did something with Kyron, maybe she didn't want Desiree & Kaine to have a connection anymore, Kyron was their only connection. And the reason for her not wanting them to have a connection? Possibly a combination of things like her being the primary caretaker when it's not her child, maybe Kaine had an affair and she wanted to have revenge (this is still just speculation I think?), and jealousy of Desiree, maybe Kaine spoke of her fondly and TH felt threatened by her.

newone
07-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Motive? Jealousy. JMHO.

The lawsuit by the bio parents is $12Million!! (a suit against the school is what I orginally thought was the PRIME motive in the KH case)

cypress
07-26-2010, 03:26 AM
IMO, especially if TH is involved, I don't believe whatever happened to Kyron was accidental. If this was an accident there would, IMHO, be forensic evidence. The truck would be damaged, or it would've yielded blood or other fluid evidence or would conversely be bleached out, which would be extremely telling. LE has openly stated they have no evidence Kyron is deceased, which means that they have no evidence of a murder. Considering the statistics, that Kyron has been missing nearly two months, Terri's current whereabouts are accounted for, as are her newly spotlighted friends, the likelihood that he's stashed somewhere is unlikely, and that was always unlikely, IMHO. It's much more probable that he is deceased.

That there is no evidence of a murder leads me to believe one of the following three scenarios is true -- Kyron was incapacitated at the school and carried out in a container, thus containing any forensic evidence; he went willingly with Terri and was incapacitated/murdered outside the vehicle and was disposed of within walking distance of the murder scene; or that there is no forensic evidence in Terri's vehicle because she didn't abduct and/or murder him.

Regardless of how he exited the school, if Terri is involved, it had to be premeditated, IMHO. Unlike most here, I don't believe this has anything to do with money. She's not his mother, and his biological mother is living. Life insurance on children is typically minimal. Anything involving offing Kyron and then Kaine in order to be the sole beneficiary of his life insurance money is just too convoluted for me. For forty years this woman lived a rather ordinary, unremarkable life. Yes, she got a DUI a few years back, but it was an isolated event. She has a college degree, and therefore the means to provide for herself if need be. She doesn't strike me as the type trapped by no financial choices. She's divorced two other men, so she doesn't seem to have trouble letting go. There are just too many ifs and the payoff for Kaine's life insurance wouldn't be for a long time. That's just way too messy, IMHO. Therefore, I don't believe money is a motivating factor.

If you believe the MFH plot, then it's unlikely Terri viewed Kyron as a threat to Kaine's affection for her. It doesn't seem like she would care much about Kaine's affection for her if she was willing to kill him and lose his affection altogether. Jealousy is a possible motive, but an iffy one for me, regardless of the veracity of the MFH plot.

Pictures can be deceiving, but Kyron appears well-cared for. I doubt Terri was physically abusive, or at least not overwhelmingly so, because Kyron regularly visited Desiree and Tony. There are no reports of abuse, no allegations of abuse, even from DY and we know there's no love lost there, and there's no investigation into prior abuse. There are pictures of Kyron eating, playing, working on projects, visiting with friends, on vacation, all very normal activities, and Kyron appears at ease engaging in those activities. It's not a popular opinion, but I believe Terri loved Kyron.

I've seen comparisons of this case to Scotty Baker, and I was unfamiliar with it so I read up about it. In Scotty Baker's case, the father and step-mother had not been together for very long and the step-mother had certainly not nurtured Scotty from infancy. For better or worse, Terri mothered Kyron for most of his life. The parallels between this case and the Baker case are extremely weak, IMHO.

Terri killing Kyron because a new lover didn't want kids a la Susan Smith doesn't make sense to me, either. If Terri left Kaine, Kyron would be a non-issue for her. Baby K would be the threat to a new relationship. So that rules out "for the love of another man" as motive, IMHO.

If Terri is guilty, then I think something happened in between the last time Kyron visited Desiree and Tony and the day he went missing, something Terri couldn't hide or didn't trust Kyron to hide. I don't think he witnessed a drug deal or her in the throes of sex with someone other than Kaine, either. It would've had to have been personal to Kyron, IMHO, and something bad enough that made Terri believe killing him was a better option than anyone finding out what she'd done.

Terri sending e-mails or discussing with others that Kyron got on her nerves or pissed her off isn't a big deal at all. Children can be brats. They test you and try your patience and make you want to pull your hair out. Her venting to a friend that Kyron was driving her batty is a normal part of motherhood, and although I'm not a stepmother, I can imagine that trying to parent someone else's child is difficult at best, especially if that child had different rules at one house, or if the bio mother disapproved of the stepmother/father's form of discipline. Even in the best of circumstances, co-parenting is very, very complicated and delicate.

Kaine's disclosure that Terri suffered from PPD and ignorance about whether or not she was still on medication, if she was truly all right, etc., makes me wonder if the normal frustrations of parenting combined with the complications of PPD led to an explosive event or series of events in which Terri abused Kyron. If she was physically abusing him, I don't believe she had been abusive for long, although she could've been mentally and verbally abusive for a while. Maybe, maybe not. Either way, if Terri is guilty, I believe PPD exacerbated a frustrating situation, she abused Kyron, and the situation devolved from there until she'd convinced herself the only way out was to kill him.

DeepThinker
07-26-2010, 09:31 AM
what if it wasn't to hurt Kaine? What if the anger/emotion/motive is directed at DY? Jealousy, maybe they had been fighting over how Kyron is disciplined, or DY was threatening to sue for custody and would have won, etc? I saw it mentioned before, and I cannot remember where, so that proper credit can be given, but if you want to truly kill someone without laying a hand on them, take away something/someone very dear to them. Then, don't tell them where that someone/something is, and watch them suffer. IMO JMO :cow:

Billylee
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
If she hid him, it's because she loves him, divorce was imminent and she didn't want to lose him to KH. JMO See my post #458 in connect the dots.

If she killed him or otherwise put him in harms way, I have no idea, I can't even begin to think of what would make a person intentionally want to hurt a child. Makes me sick.

Kat
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
The lawsuit by the bio parents is $12Million!! (a suit against the school is what I orginally thought was the PRIME motive in the KH case)

Yup newone. If you look at it from a money aspect, and we go with the *rumor* she wanted a hit out on her husband...

*rumor* take hit out on Husband. Get all monies or any money.

Alleged rumored hit falls through.

Next best thing: Have a child disappear into thin air while you allegedly watch him walk to within feet of his classroom. Thereby, attesting that he was at the school and almost into the classroom before he was abducted. *RUMOR* and *SPECULATION*

File big ol' fat lawsuit against school. JMHO.

Jack
08-11-2010, 09:30 PM
IMO, especially if TH is involved, I don't believe whatever happened to Kyron was accidental. If this was an accident there would, IMHO, be forensic evidence. The truck would be damaged, or it would've yielded blood or other fluid evidence or would conversely be bleached out, which would be extremely telling. LE has openly stated they have no evidence Kyron is deceased, which means that they have no evidence of a murder. Considering the statistics, that Kyron has been missing nearly two months, Terri's current whereabouts are accounted for, as are her newly spotlighted friends, the likelihood that he's stashed somewhere is unlikely, and that was always unlikely, IMHO. It's much more probable that he is deceased.

I can see where Kyron may have been accidently killed, by anyone at the school that morning not just TH. If he ran out the door to try to catch TH before she left and was hit by a car or truck I doubt the vehicle would be damaged much if at all since Kyron is such a little guy. He may have only been bumped by the vehicle and killed by hitting his head on the ground. No blood, easy to panick and quick pick him up and take off. Could be anyone.

Jules71
08-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I seriously think she gathered help from her friends to 'disappear Kyron' as part of a 2nd murder for hire plot against Kaine. The plan was for Kaine to be killed delivering ransom and for Kyron to be saved. I think her motive was Kaine may have been moving on, and threatened to divorce her and get full custody of baby K. 'Her' sending her son away might have been to get him out of the way before this all went down. The ONLY way I think she could have gotten others involved is if she portrayed Kaine as a horrible man (real or false) and convinced them this was the only way he would not be able to take her baby away from her. I don't believe she could have gotten others involved in killing Kyron to hurt Kaine.

Or, lawsuit from school - so she could get part of that $ and use it to divorce Kaine and fight for custody of baby K.

easttexas
08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I haven't read all the posts so I don't know if this has already been discussed. I think causing Kaine lots of pain was her motive....but what reaction was she expecting from the fallout of Kyron's kidnapping, etc....did she think it was going to bring about(eventually, down the road) her idea of a more perfect family??...her kid and his kid out of the way, now Kaine will just focus on me and the baby???? What did she think the outcome of all of this would be? Was this all just a vindictive wife? Or was she trying to orchestrate something else??? I don't know...just asking.