PDA

View Full Version : 2010.07.08 - Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, Presser on Thursday

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/107/d/2/9/d2991e73-18a7-4ad8-ae09-4ab55a79e39f/Original.jpg

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, Kyron's parents, will speak to media Thursday night at 5 p.m.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Terri-Horman-called-911-during-police-sting/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Kimster
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
*~*~*~*~* NO DISCUSSION until the presser! THANK YOU! *~*~*~*~*

redkatrampant
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
May I post a request for time zone clarification? I assume that this is PST?

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
May I post a request for time zone clarification? I assume that this is PST?

yes, 5 Pacific.

8 - eastern
7 - central
6 - Mountain

loves2bmom
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Was this posted? Just in case someone needs it. They already have the microphones set up.

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream/KGW-Live-Video-Stream-Test-81565837.html

RoseWhite
07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Opps! The woman speaking before the presser said she doesn't want to be on camera. Uh... she is on camera.

Kentjbkent
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Anyone know who this woman is?

redkatrampant
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Opps! The woman speaking before the presser said she doesn't want to be on camera. Uh... she is on camera.

She also just told the press that reasking the same question was just stupid.
She is telling them what is not news and what is rude. Um...

loves2bmom
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM

She does not want to be identified and I don't think she knows she is being broadcast right now. She is their media coordinator for lack of a better word.

4BB
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
shes talking about not rolling tape until the right time..um..its rolling now.

redkatrampant
07-08-2010, 07:58 PM

I think she is the Manager of the Church. She stated that she got involved because they started the press things at the church and that she has a background in marketing. Methinks she is getting her own angle out of this. IMO

MsFacetious
Yes, KGW has had the cameras and microphones on.

This woman just came out and threatened them not to have cameras or audio on her. LOL Ooops. She apparently is helping them coordinate because she's worked in marketing.... it's apparently the lady who owns the church. I thought we had heard from her before?

They have guidelines in regards to what questions they can ask. Please don't ask the same question 8 times... that's just stupid. It's perfectly fine to ask questions about the restraining order because it's public record. She would prefer they not air things before and after the family is actually speaking, private stuff.

These are more live links, I don't know if they will have it...they are doing news casts now.

http://www.katu.com/news/live

http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html

RoseWhite
She is attached to the church they are holding the pressers at, I believe.

Kentjbkent
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I think she is the Manager of the Church. She stated that she got involved because they started the press things at the church and that she has a background in marketing. Methinks she is getting her own angle out of this. IMO

Me thinks you are right!

SuziQ
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
The presser moved to an airconditioned location and will start as soon as possible? Caught me off guard and not sure I heard that correctly.

BeanE
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
They've started answering questions. No statement.

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

Kaine and Desiree

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
They are past the sadness and depression and have come to the frustrated stage.
Kaine is speaking of the RO. The decision for the RO was not a rush judgement but more of a "point in time" decision.

The divorce/RO will be handled later, Kyron is whats important now.

A_Closer_Look
07-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Media - How do you process it all? (referring to the murder for hire information)
Kaine - I don't, Kyron is still missing, that's what's important (paraphrased)
he said they'll deal with everything else at a later time in a different venue. Keep focus on Kyron.

Best answer I have ever heard.
God bless these folks. Kyron needs to be given back to them right now.
:banghead:

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Desiree ~ Teri has still not cooperated at this point (since last week) Desiree is so angry she has no words. She just wants Terri to do the right thing.

Terri is not taking an active role in finding Kyron..telling the truth

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Media: Do you believe anyone else was involved?

DY and KH : (long pause) we can speculate

gibby207
I can't hear very well (background noise at house) but what was that about if they thought anyone else was involved? And Kyron's parents just kinda looked at each other and said they'd like to speculate but can't? Did I get that right?

Roze
How is TH not cooperating?

Desiree: "She's not taking an active role in finding Kyron."

I must say she is a very pretty lady.

Do you believe anyone else is involved?

Long meaningful look between Desiree and Kaine: "We would like to speculate but we can't/won't?" (Paraphrasing).

BeanE
Media: Do you believe anyone else was involved?

DY and KH : (long pause) we can speculate

Long pause, looking at each other during this. Whatever they're thinking, they're on the same page looks like.

A_Closer_Look
07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
you could completely see their reaction when asked if they think anyone else is involved, that they have a specific person/people in mind. They said they would love to speculate but can't, but the look they gave each other was very much a look of... "yes"

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Kaine does not want to displace a child for the comfort of an adult. Kyron will be home at some point. Kaine wants both children in their home where they are comfortable. Baby K is adjusting well

Roze
07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Long pause, looking at each other during this. Whatever they're thinking, they're on the same page looks like.

It certainly looks like they know something.

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
you could completely see their reaction when asked if they think anyone else is involved, that they have a specific person/people in mind. They said they would love to speculate but can't, but the look they gave each other was very much a look of... "yes"

I completely agree

BeanE
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Terri failed the polygraphs!

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Media : How do you know Terri is lieing?

Desiree : Hmm, Ive known her a long time..I know she's lieing

SuziQ
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
TH has not passed her poly's.

DY has known TH a long time and she knows TH is lying.

loves2bmom

Wow...I was surprised they said that. Even though it's been hinted everywhere. I'm surprised they were allowed to answer that one.

MsFacetious
"I've known her a long time, I know she's lying." - Desiree

"She has not passed those two polygraphs" - Kaine

RubyRed
There was a lot of hesitation when they were asked if someone else along with TH could be involved.

TH failed both polys.

They passed their polys ( KH and DY )

Roze
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Were you shocked TH failed polys?

Another long look, Kaine: "A little bit yes and a little bit no."

BeanE
Wow...I was surprised they said that. Even though it's been hinted everywhere. I'm surprised they were allowed to answer that one.

They're opening up more tonight. I'm glad for them. It must be pure hell holding all that in.

A_Closer_Look

She sure did.
This is an informative presser in many ways. In what's being said, in what's not being said, in looks being exchanged and body language, etc...

keeponsearching
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I wish they would ask why would terri do this..

BeanE
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Mothers have feelings. I had instincts about this when I got the phone call.

Desiree

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Desiree: Mothers have instincts and I had a feeling about this as soon as I got the call

RubyRed
What instinct did DY have when she got the call? I missed that.

keeponsearching
Doing the PC on there own.

SuziQ
Reporter asked DY about the presser where she tensed up when TH put her arm around her. DY basically said she had feelings about this when she got that first phone call. Would not elaborate as it's part of the investigation.

Chili Fries
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
It sounded to me like Desiree said she suspected Terri when she got the call that Kyron was missing.

JSR
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Holy cow. You can't fake their expressions. They know Terri did this. And it's not the evidence LE showed to them. It's their gut.

K!tty
07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Just lost the live stream. Anyone else?

RubyRed
Kaine didn't see the warning signs that TH would hire someone to kill him.

Cheewawa007
WOW!!! Now that was a good press conference!!!

gibby207
Holy cow. You can't fake their expressions. They know Terri did this. And it's not the evidence LE showed to them. It's their gut.

Yup... we are missing out on A LOT. Desiree is in her anger mode.... Good for her...

4BB
I loved Desiree's statement "we just want her to tell the truth. We have no problem doing it." Her face shows exactly how frustrated she is.

BeanE

I agree. What a presser. Very full of emotion. Opening up more. Having a hard time with that. Both came across very straight-forward, very sincere, very honest. And very much in pain.

I think they did a great job with sharing more. It must have been very hard, and I think they handled it with much grace.

A_Closer_Look

I agree. And I don't think any evidence that surfaces or has surfaced, is doing anything to combat those gut feelings either.

Chili Fries
07-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Kaine did say that it wasn't a reactionary decision he made based on one piece of evidence, but that it was a bulk of evidence that convinced him.

badme102

Not only do I think it was "allowed", I think it was wanted for them to publicly answer that question. Standard LE pressure.

keeponsearching
If they are going by there gut, I go can with that. But if they are believing a poly, not so sure. Some people just fail, something about the brain.

yosande
What instinct did DY have when she got the call? I missed that.

She responded to that question by saying that it was part of the investigation, so she couldn't answer it.
iirc. moo.

loves2bmom
Desiree: Mothers have instincts and I had a feeling about this as soon as I got the call

It sure seems like she was not a fan of Terri's even before this happened. Just my impression.

redkatrampant
I really need to process this. This is the first I have been able to sit and just watch them WOW. Desiree IS a class act. And I think they turned up the burner to High.

MsFacetious
Desiree is beautiful and classy.

Only makes me despise someone else even more.

PoppyH
Pure hell, when all the answers to where Kyron is is sitting over there in Kaines house, god bless them for having the strength not to go over there and beat the truth out of you know who...... JMO

Meagain
Wow - she seemed chomping at the bit to let loose and REALLY speak.

I think tomorrow we'll see some action.

LNL
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM

Desiree
Exactly! Just like Sharon Rocha when Laci went "missing".

The body language in the first presser said it all.

For The Kids
Kaine seriously worries me:( He looks like an empty shell. To have your child disappear and than find out not only in your wife failing lie detector tests she also allegedly hired someone to kill him..how do you get over something like that?

loves2bmom
Kaine did say that it wasn't a reactionary decision he made based on one piece of evidence, but that it was a bulk of evidence that convinced him.

I missed that part...thanks for typing it out.

I assumed LE has more evidence too.

loves2bmom
07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Kaine seriously worries me:( He looks like an empty shell. To have your child disappear and than find out not only in your wife failing lie detector tests she also allegedly hired someone to kill him..how do you get over something like that?

He looked pale and tired to me too! :(

keeponsearching

Oh missed that question, thanks

I didnt hear many questions just answers, which is tough, lol.

Blondie in Spokane
Wow!....Just Wow is all I can say.....

grandmaj
Wow is all I can say. WOW.

eyes4crime
How do you process information that the person you love wants to have you killed - ANS: I don't process it, Kyron is gone and that's all that matters.

Walks with Kyron to bus every morning - close relationship. Won't speculate about Terri's relationship.

Red birth mark - what kind of things made him upset? Desiree - if something wasn't going his way. Couldn't get toy, transformer, lego, other than that, always smiling.

Full trust in LE, even more so for Desiree.

Going to Bedford was hard for Deserie hard to be 4 1/2 hours away is frustrating. What if you get call he's found? Too far.

A little comforting to be near neighbors, reinforce that they are doing a good job.

Day consists of getting up - what is game plan for day. Whatever needs to happen = happens. Will work if there is time.

No change with Terri as far as cooperating. So angry don't even have words. She wants Terri to do the right thing - frustrating she isn't cooperating.

How hard is it to not say stuff to Terri? It's what you do when you have a blended family. Always have had a great working relationship when it comes to the kids and it's upsetting to hear some of the rumors out there.

How is Terri not cooperating? She is not telling the truth.

Anywhere else we need to be looking for Kyron? Could be anywhere in Oregon and is probably close by. Pure speculation to say any more.

Why would someone who takes care of Kyron to hurt him? We have asked ourselves that question - we don't have an answer for that. This blindsided us.

Anybody else involved? We would like to speculate, but can't.

What would you say to Kyron - we will come get you and bring you home.

If no answer is there point you will get back to work? WE are realistic people, life carries on, when Kyron comes home, there has to be A HOME he comes back to. Focus is still on him.

Kaine and daughter to move back in home. Concerned about daughter, in good place right now should be in place where she is comfortable. When Kyron returns, doesn't want Kyron spirited to unknown location.

How is baby girl doing? She is doing very well, wish he could adjust as well as her.

Any past history Terri would murder you - NO! She was attempting to hire someone to do that.

Relentlessly pursue him until we bring him back.

Lots of investigators looking for Kyron, Tony knows more.

DUI - Put dui behind them as family

Tony is not involved as LE but as parent, treated just like us.

How do you know Terri is lying?? Desiree says: I have known her a long time, I know she is lying. The 3 of us have gone through polygraphs, she has not passed them.

Experience of taking polygraph - not like on TV. Unusual, intimidating, I knew in my heart what I was doing was for Kyron.

Direct plea to Terri - no because of restraining order.

She needs to do the right thing, needs to do it for baby girl, both of her kids. Kyron is out there and it is ridiculous.

Being honest with investigators is what doing the right thing is.

Mother's have instincts, Desiree had feelings about this when she got phone call. Can't say because it is part of investigation and can't say.

ETA: Translated fast you guys, so probably not perfectly correct. Just an overview.

K!tty
Kaine didn't see the warning signs that TH would hire someone to kill him.

It looked like they answered that question as if to say it came as a suprise to KH but not to DY. I'm not bashing DY by any means, but I can't imagine allowing another woman to care for my child unless I fully trusted and respected her.

mommya
This presser was tense - you could practically read their minds.

Desiree has held her tongue in regards to Terri for a long time - and knows she is lying.

Someone else is involved too. They feel Kyron is still alive and will come home.

That's what I got out of it.

LNL
07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
It sure seems like she was not a fan of Terri's even before this happened. Just my impression.
My impression also. Clearly she has had some concerns about her.

Kentjbkent
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM

Reporter asks "Why?"

Desiree replies, "What?" Then states "I can't elaborate as it is part of the investigation!"

Think we can expect another bombshell concerning Terri in near future...sounds like some kind of "past" there....

SuziQ

That first presser reminded me of the Robert Manwill pressers.

Emma Peel
So, they both know Terri is a liar. BOTH of them. Desiree had an instinct that Terri did something relative to Kyron disappearing - she "KNEW" Terri had something to do with what happened when she go the phone call. She knows Terri's lying because she's known Terri a loooong time. (Too long, it seems.)

Apparently, Kaine agrees - knows Terri's a liar. Yet Kaine let Terri raise his kids.

If I were Desiree, I'd have more than a little difficulty even standing next to Kaine.

Desiree had concerns about Terri all along but suppressed them for blended family's sake.

IMO, There's more skeletons in the closet ... lots more.

:(

yosande
If they are going by there gut, I go can with that. But if they are believing a poly, not so sure. Some people just fail, something about the brain.

DY is going by both, KH on the other hand, imo, is going more on what he has been told, though he did say that he came to a point in time, and it wasn't a decision based on emotion. The decision being that she wasn't being honest concerning what happened with Kyron.
moo

marlap

Yes...when a reporter asked her how she knew Terri was lying, she said, "I've known her a long time. I know she was lying."

Then she a Kaine talked about the lie detector tests and how they both passed with flying colors and Kaine actualy said that Terri failed both of hers.

grandmaj
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I would imagine that Kaine is doing some real guilt trip on himself. Imagine the horror he is going through. My heart goes out to these two parents. Not only is Desiree beautiful, she has lots of class.

Etilema
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Were you shocked TH failed polys?

Another long look, Kaine: "A little bit yes and a little bit no."

This was very telling. It seems in conflict with their other statement that there was nothing to make them think anything like this could happen, that she could hire a murderer, etc. Yet, the fact that they were totally shocked by her failing the polygraph(!) and that Desiree immediately knew Terri was involved, when she got that first call, probably indicates that there was something hinky about her all along. Also, Desiree's comment about "knowing" Terri is lying because of having known her for a long time. That seems to mean that she has seen Terri lie before. (JMO)

4BB
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
They seemed to fully believe Kyron is still alive and that he will, in fact, come home.

I think they just turned up the heat a little bit more.

Roze
This presser was tense - you could practically read their minds.

Desiree has held her tongue in regards to Terri for a long time - and knows she is lying.

Someone else is involved too. They feel Kyron is still alive and will come home.

That's what I got out of it.

I also got the impression they felt Kyron was alive. Something about their demeanor. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part. I pray he is alive.

WhyaDuck?
That was interesting.

But, after typing for a bit, I have decided to plead the fifth on my impressions.

I just wish with all my heart Kyron was safe.

CaringCitizen
Regarding Terri failing two polys: Was it a shock to you? Kaine said a little bit yes and a little bit no.

Desire was asked about her feelings of Terri in the first press conference where Terri tried to hug her; Desiree said she had feelings about this "from the moment I got the phone call". A mother's instincts.

WHY oh why don't any of the reporters ask Kaine about the car swap that morning?? It seems such an obvious question to ask.

The reporters let a lot of dead silence go on and were lame as heck, IMO! Reporters from all over, missed opportunities and didn't seem all that prepared.

grandmaj
That first presser reminded me of the Robert Manwill pressers.

I have thought the exact same thing.

BeanE
The raw videos should start popping up here for those who want to watch it again. There was a WHOLE lot in there, and I definitely want to watch again!

http://interceder.net/i/kyron-horman

GrainneDhu
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Some do, some don't.

Only time will tell.

If only for baby K's sake, I hope he is one who gets beyond it to build a full, emotionally satisfying, stable life.

Wise Old Owl
Ok - I found myself taking notes.

First - and this is what caused me to pick up the pencil!

KH was speaking about keeping the focus on Kyron and finding him. His EXACT words were:

"we will relentlessly pursue him (Kyron)......."
HUH? yep - picked up the pen and wrote that done right then - didn't want to loose that one.

Then came the part about the "someone else" involved and that ALL KNOWING LOOK between the two of them - now refer back to what I caught above!

Then KH saying that TH failed both polys.

The other two things I wrote down - you all have already noticed - KH's reply to being shocked by TH's failing the polys - he said "a little yes, and a little no".
And the other was when DY was asked about that first PC and TH laying her head - DY's comments about a "mother's instincts and she had feelings about this when she got the phone call. Then she was asked why did she have those feelings and she said she couldn't answer because it was part of the investigation.

VERY informative. My heart just breaks for DY and KH seems to be just an "upstanding guy".

Those are just my thoughts and notes.

MimiWhatserface
Actually gave me hope that he may still be alive.

Ms Suzanne
I don't know what to say.I feel they need to do thier pressers with LE from now on.For her to come right out and call Terri a lier is wrong.That is her oppinion.I really don't know what to think of all this.I think any other pressers to come needs to leave Terri out of it and not accuse her.I think they need to let LE handle all this now.They need to just concentrate on finding Kyron now.I thought LE just said Terri was not a suspect or POI and no one has been ruled out.I thought LE said she was cooperating.I really think it is time for LE to say for sure if Terri is a suspect or POI and clear this all up once and for all.I really thought they already did this.I am going to back away from all this and Kyrons case.I pray they find little Kyron.He's a sweet little boy and all this is very sad.

cluciano63
07-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I still think that they have to think someone else besides Terri is involved...if there isn't...then there is no hope for Kyron.

I don't think they know anything, I know a lot people think they do, but I don't. I think they are 100% sure that Terri did something to Kyron and are praying that someone is else involved, i.e. keeping him safe someplace. But I do not think they know that at all.

BeanE
Regarding Terri failing two polys: Was it a shock to you? Kaine said a little bit yes and a little bit no.

Desire was asked about her feelings of Terri in the first press conference where Terri tried to hug her; Desiree said she had feelings about this "from the moment I got the phone call". A mother's instincts.

WHY oh why don't any of the reporters ask Kaine about the car swap that morning?? It seems such an obvious question to ask.

The reporters let a lot of dead silence go on and were lame as heck, IMO! Reporters from all over, missed opportunities and didn't seem all that prepared.

We need a 'Questions We'd Like the Reporters to Ask the Parents' thread! They do read here after all. :)

Dr.Fessel
So, they both know Terri is a liar. BOTH of them. Desiree had an instinct that Terri did something relative to Kyron disappearing - she "KNEW" Terri had something to do with what happened when she go the phone call. She knows Terri's lying because she's known Terri a loooong time. (Too long, it seems.)

Apparently, Kaine agrees - knows Terri's a liar. Yet Kaine let Terri raise his kids.

If I were Desiree, I'd have more than a little difficulty even standing next to Kaine.

Desiree had concerns about Terri all along but suppressed them for blended family's sake.

I think those skeletons in the closet point to the motive.

I really think they have a good idea why it was done.

Wrinkles
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi All,

I haven't had a chance to read everyone's comments...will do in a few. First, I have nothing but the utmost praise for these parents in doing their best and doing so with a grace I could never have.

Next, watching that conference made me feel very similar to how I feel while watching some of the "fight" matches that my family has ordered on pay for view. I tense up entirely. I found myself clenching my fists. I was worn out when the conference was over.

Desiree's hurt and anger is obviously barely tolerable for her, I don't know how she manages as well as she does in these conferences, it is God's grace and a graceful woman under fire. Desiree's hurt/anger immediately took her to tears that she quickly composed when she was asked about Terri at one point in time.

And...for all of you who watched the body language in the first press conference, you have had an answer to some of what you thought.

DeepThinker
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
[B]WHY oh why don't any of the reporters ask Kaine about the car swap that morning?? It seems such an obvious question to ask.

<snipped by me>

Could it be that particular question was in the "do not ask about" column? Since I think it is probably part of the investigation, I don't think he could have replied anyway. But I agree, it's totally an obvious question. :waitasec:

grandmaj
07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I think the media is respecting Kaine and Desiree as much as they can. There is an invisible line almost that they don't want to cross.

I think they know that information coming out too soon, even to them, would compromise the search for Kyron and the investigation.

Etilema
07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
How hard is it to not say stuff to Terri? It's what you do when you have a blended family.

I thought it was interesting that she said she has been doing this (restraining herself from being openly hostile?) since the day Kyron was born. Does she mean this only with respect to TH (which would mean there were issues with her long before she moved in with KH), or is she referring to her relationship with KH? Does she mean that she has held back from saying nasty things to or about KH in order to maintain a peaceful life for Kyron? That would fit with her continuing to restrain herself now, as there is really no point in maintaining a "working relationship" with TH anymore.

CaringCitizen
...Also, Desiree's comment about "knowing" Terri is lying because of having known her for a long time. That seems to mean that she has seen Terri lie before. (JMO)

I have always thought Desiree suspected Terri from the get go. Her body language at the family presser was clear in that regard!

I agree with your assumption about Desiree having history with Terri's veracity; I think she is in an awkward situation where she can't make Kaine look bad and just come and say what she thought of Terri.

One does have to wonder why he was with someone that he was half way not surprised that she failed two polys.

And at the beginning of the presser when Kaine was asked how Kyron's relationship was with Terri and he actually said Terri would best be able to answer that!! WHAT? He hasn't paid attention enough to be able to characterize their relationship?

I thought that was lame-o shame-o.

AChronic

I was watching KOIN ch 6 locally and before the press conference a woman came in and the anchors explained she was giving them the guidelines. While there was no sound, just picture, perhaps there were some subjects they were asked to steer clear from? Might explain some of the silence and similar questions asked.

gibby207
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Actually gave me hope that he may still be alive.

Me too! I got to thinking cripes, maybe the "handoff" was at Sauvie Island, a promised camping trip or something of the like. Oh, I hope he's alive.

RubyRed
WOW!!! Now that was a good press conference!!!

That was, the body language and the looks they exchanged.

Nana46
I have no clue about a blended family...with that said and after having lost a child I can guarantee you you would do whatever it took to get along....maybe there were things DY picked up on with TH all during the marriage that she just chose not to bring out for whatever reason.....this is a nightmare and my heart goes out to both she and KH..........their lives will never be the same and I so want little Kyron to be home and safe.

Clarification...meaning I have lost a child and I could see them doing whatever to get along to make life work. IMO

JSR
07-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I still think that they have to think someone else besides Terri is involved...if there isn't...then there is no hope for Kyron.

I don't think they know anything, I know a lot people think they do, but I don't. I think they are 100% sure that Terri did something to Kyron and are praying that someone is else involved, i.e. keeping him safe someplace. But I do not think they know that at all.

God I hope you're not right. I soooooo want to believe someone else is involved. Because that's the only way Kyron would still be alive.

badme102
I don't know what to say.I feel they need to do thier pressers with LE from now on.For her to come right out and call Terri a lier is wrong.That is her oppinion.I really don't know what to think of all this.I think any other pressers to come needs to leave Terri out of it and not accuse her.I think they need to let LE handle all this now.They need to just concentrate on finding Kyron now.I thought LE just said Terri was not a suspect or POI and no one has been ruled out.I thought LE said she was cooperating.I really think it is time for LE to say for sure if Terri is a suspect or POI and clear this all up once and for all.I really thought they already did this.I am going to back away from all this and Kyrons case.I pray they find little Kyron.He's a sweet little boy and all this is very sad.

I think maybe you need to understand a little more on how LE works in cases like these. They cannot and will not call someone a suspect until the moment the silver bracelets are secured on their wrists. It is not as easy and clear cut, black and white, as you would like it to be.

Terri is a liar, so why not call her one? I believe she failed her 2 polygraphs, and I believe she approached the gardener about killing Kaine. I do NOT think that Kaine and Desiree are doing this on a hunch or merely because these are their "opinions"...Not by a mile...Once again, I believe this presser was done with the full knowledge and blessing of LE.

Read between the lines, or as Tony says, "connect the dots"....

cluciano63
I am kind of surprised if LE is using these grieving parents to get across the fact that Terri failed her lie detector tests. I wonder if that is something that Kaine and/or Desiree just could not hold back on making public. LE does not usually do that, though it does usually leak somehow.

These parents cannot allow themselves to think that Terri acted alone (if she did anything, which they clearly believe she did) because that would mean there is zero chance of Kyron being OK. They are forced to assume she had help, just by that fact alone.

yosande
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
He looked pale and tired to me too! :(

He also looked to DY to answer most of the questions, which tends to quelch thoughts of him being a control freak.

He did look a bit unkept. She on the other hand, looked strong, and determined.

I got the impression when she said Kyron needed to have a home to come home to as her nudging KH to get the house back.
He agreed, thus the petition to have her move out so he and the little one can come home and Kyron can come to his own home when he is found.

ETA; I think he looks a bit numb, thus unable to really process thought. He did say his daughter was doing ok, and handling this better than he, and he wished he could handle it half as well as she is, or something like that.....
I feel bad for the guy, he has lost so much.
Few people actually know they are inviting a monster into their lives, but the comparison between TH and DY is astounding.
jmooc

Wise Old Owl
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM

your post gave me a "light bulb" moment here.

MAYBE TH is saying there is someone else. MAYBE TH is telling them she had a BF or something and he has him and will keep him until she gets thus and so. And MAYBE they (KH, DY and TY) don't know what to believe. MAYBE they want to believe she handed him off because to think the other is just too much.

KH and DY just keep telling TH to tell the truth, that she has been lying. Nobody, IMHO really knows the "truth" but TH and we are all just waiting and speculating.

grandmaj
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I think seeing these two parents together it is clear they are a team even though in the past things happened. MOO I believe that Desiree was talking about her relationship with Terri. I get the impression it was strained.

gibby207
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the media is respecting Kaine and Desiree as much as they can. There is an invisible line almost that they don't want to cross.

I think they know that information coming out too soon, even to them, would compromise the search for Kyron and the investigation.

I caught that too... I think that even the media were perhaps surprised at how open they were today. I think they were caught off guard and had quick think of something good while tip-toeing around the obvious ones they can't ask.

keeponsearching
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I get the impression that he is alive. And he is hidden in Oregon. But that might just be the anger coming from them. Whatever happen to TH first husband. I wonder if they know who, by phone records or have a hunch.

Wrinkles

Greetings LNL,

PRECISELY! When I watched Desiree, all I could think about was Sharon -- grace in action these two ladies.

Kentjbkent
I know when I go to bed tonight, I am going to dream of the next presser...

The one with Kaine and Desiree in front of a podium......

with a *Smiling Kyron* standing on an empty milk crate in between them....

meeting the press for the first time!!!

gibby207
I think seeing these two parents together it is clear they are a team even though in the past things happened. MOO I believe that Desiree was talking about her relationship with Terri. I get the impression it was strained.

And I imagine Desiree's husband holding baby K while they have the presser: A total unified group. I'm hoping anyway...

RubyRed

And the body language, especially when they were asked if someone else was involved along with TH in Kyron's disappearance.

grandmaj
I have always thought Desiree suspected Terri from the get go. Her body language at the family presser was clear in that regard!

I agree with your assumption about Desiree having history with Terri's veracity; I think she is in an awkward situation where she can't make Kaine look bad and just come and say what she thought of Terri.

One does have to wonder why he was with someone that he was half way not surprised that she failed two polys.

And at the beginning of the presser when Kaine was asked how Kyron's relationship was with Terri and he actually said Terri would best be able to answer that!! WHAT? He hasn't paid attention enough to be able to characterize their relationship?

I'm thinking that this may be a jab at Terri and also that he is not going to say anything in case he has to testify to that in court. That would be evidence IMO.

CaringCitizen
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I was watching KOIN ch 6 locally and before the press conference a woman came in and the anchors explained she was giving them the guidelines. While there was no sound, just picture, perhaps there were some subjects they were asked to steer clear from? Might explain some of the silence and similar questions asked.

I watched it locally too and still think the reporters could have done a better job. I think they were not expecting to have the entire thing be a Q&A session and no one came prepared with enough questions. They really missed an opportunity, IMO.

JSR
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I think those skeletons in the closet point to the motive.

I really think they have a good idea why it was done.

Really you think so? I got the impression they had no clue. But if I recall Desiree did look down for a second when that question was answered so perhaps she does have an idea of motive. But I got from Kaine that he had no clue.

gibby207
07-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I know when I go to bed tonight, I am going to dream of the next presser...

The one with Kaine and Desiree in front of a podium......

with a *Smiling Kyron* standing on an empty milk crate in between them....

meeting the press for the first time!!!

Me too. Let's will it to happen. :)

Blondie in Spokane
07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
We need a 'Questions We'd Like the Reporters to Ask the Parents' thread! They do read here after all. :)

BeanE....that's a fantastic idea!

cluciano63
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I have a feeling that Desiree was not too fond of Kaine either and is just dealing with him now because they have a common cause...and she must be angry, very angry, that he married someone who could do this to her son...even if she knows the anger is irrelevant and not helpful at this point. I would be steaming mad at Kaine and Terri. She clearly never liked Terri, as far as I can make out and I was one of those who thought she treated Terri like she had leprosy at the first PC.

RoughlyCollie
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
It looked like they answered that question as if to say it came as a suprise to KH but not to DY. I'm not bashing DY by any means, but I can't imagine allowing another woman to care for my child unless I fully trusted and respected her.

This is a sticky situation sometimes, and things are not always as clear cut as they would appear to be in theory. Parents don't always agree on how to raise a child when they are married, much less when they are divorced and/or remarried.

Divorced parents are stuck with the stepparents & significant others of their former spouses, whether they like them or not. The most important thing, from a parent's p.o.v. is that the child is loved and cared for, and not adversely impacted by whatever the parent doesn't like about the other parent's spouse or girlfriend. This is because it is so important to and for the child that s/he have a good relationship with both parents.

Kimster
07-08-2010, 08:51 PM

:(<respectfully snipped>

I think women know women better than men know women. I wonder if DY ever told KH that she had concerns about TH before Kyron went missing? Did Kyron tell DY about things that were happening at home that when DY asked KH about he dismissed them? If so, the guilt on Kaine must be torment.

Kat

Bump. :)

Thank you AChronic. That would certainly explain the limited questions that were asked by the reporters.

Isn't it fairly common to outline what will be discussed and won't be discussed prior to a presser? Just curious.

For The Kids

You may think its wrong for them to call her a liar - personally i consider it a far bigger wrong what Terri is believed to have done. Its obvious Kaine and Desiree are getting there information from the police which is why they know more than WE do. Because there the parents and NEED to know LE shares information with them.

Seriously I dont know how anyone can stick up for Terri even...but regardless..they made it very obvious tonight that Terri is NOT cooperating in the search for the child that SHE was the last person to be seen with. A child that SHE is supposed to love like her own :furious:

QueenD
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I wonder if Kyron does come home safely (hoping that) but wonder if DY will try to get custody back after everything settles down.

JSR
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
<respectfully snipped>

I think women know women better than men know women. I wonder if DY ever told KH that she had concerns about TH before Kyron went missing? Did Kyron tell DY about things that were happening at home that when DY asked KH about he dismissed them? If so, the guilt on Kaine must be torment.

I was just going to say the bolded line above. You beat me to it.

WhyaDuck?
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
This is a sticky situation sometimes, and things are not always as clear cut as they would appear to be in theory. Parents don't always agree on how to raise a child when they are married, much less when they are divorced and/or remarried.

Divorced parents are stuck with the stepparents & significant others of their former spouses, whether they like them or not. The most important thing, from a parent's p.o.v. is that the child is loved and cared for, and not adversely impacted by whatever the parent doesn't like about the other parent's spouse or girlfriend. This is because it is so important to and for the child that s/he have a good relationship with both parents.

ITA - but if one has serious concerns - concerns strong enough to make you immediately suspicious when you hear your child is missing, before you even know it's a crisis - then it is odd that she left Kyron there. I see K!tty's point, as well as your's.

LaceSprocket
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow. I never, ever expected the mother of a missing child to give me so much hope, to give so much faith, and so much optimism in the midst of such horror and outrage. That is not Desiree's job right now - to help us, but my God, she did.

I heart Desiree. I so heart Desiree.

DeepThinker
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking that this may be a jab at Terri and also that he is not going to say anything in case he has to testify to that in court. That would be evidence IMO.

I am also thinking that he won't put words in her mouth. ESPECIALLY if it comes to be true that she was involved in his disappearance. He doesn't want to mess anything up by saying what a wonderful and loving relationship she has/had with Kyron. ITA with his answer.

CaringCitizen
07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
...He also looked to DY to answer most of the questions, which tends to quelch thoughts of him being a control freak.

I still think he has a controlling personality though; it was a 'controlled action' IMO, to defer to Desiree in the presser and do just as you described.

He's no dummy and he has to know that his media ground-rules behavior looked awful for him last week and caused a lot of people to scrutinize him more. I have not ever, nor do I now think he is in any way directly involved in Kyron's disappearance but I do think he played a huge role in the family dynamic that led up to this.

I was very happy to hear from Kaine that baby K is allegedly adjusting very well. I think going home will be good in many ways, but it will also remind her even more that her mommy is not coming back and her brothers are gone too. I hope the kiddo continues to adjust.

scandi

The reporters let a lot of dead silence go on and were lame as heck, IMO! Reporters from all over, missed opportunities and didn't seem all that prepared.Hi Caring Citizen, I don't think they would have answered a question about the car swap - part of the investigation. IMO

eyes4crime
Excellent press conference! Seems they know the reason Terri would 'hide' Kyron or even worse, harm him. moo

I sure wonder where that knowledge comes from and why nobody saw this coming so Kyron could be taken to safety? moo

Calliope
07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
If they want Terri to talk, then LE needs to arrest and charge her with Kyron's disappearance. Her attorney isn't going to allow her to say a thing until he sees the evidence they've accumulated against her.

matou
07-08-2010, 08:59 PM
At one point, Desiree said that something was 'ridiculous'. Was that statement about the fact that Kyron was still missing after a month or because they were still waiting for Terri to talk? My volume was too low to hear everything properly. TIA.

mysteriew

I can kinda understand his hesitation to describe Kyron's relationship to his stepmom. They want to put the stepmom under pressure, but since they believe that Kyron may be alive they don't want to make the stepmom too mad. So maybe he doesn't want to speak openly about that in a presser. Or perhaps there is something they know or suspect that is not ready to be released to the public yet. He did well by not lying about it. He just put the pressure on the stepmom. Let her describe her own relationship to Kryon.

cluciano63
I'm still not sure that Terri didn't always use the truck since she lived in country and probably did the shopping, buying wood or whatever, etc...do we even know that Kaine did not regularly take the Mustang to and from work?

Day Dreamer
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
You guys are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for following and updating. I missed it; but, thanks to all of you, I have a pretty good idea of what went on. I can't wait to watch the raw video.

BBM ... First, I am NOT jumping on you or by any way trying to diminish your opinions. They are yours and you are free to express them here; and, I am glad that you do.

I just want to say that I respectfully disagree w/ you. At the beginning I was really trying to believe TMH had nothing to do w/ this. I held out for a very long time. I am no longer convinced that she is innocent in Kyron's disappearance. I am praying very hard that there is an accomplice that is taking care of Kyron. I think anything is possible in this case because LE has been too tight lipped about details.

DY, TY, & KH appears to be completely cooperative w/ LE; and, they are doing their best to answer questions that are OKed by LE that will not jeopardize the case. With that said, LE could very well have put them up to imploring TMH. If a Mother to Mother appeal does not move TMH, especially w/ being separated from her own baby (which may have been a plan to get TMH to see how it feels?) then I do not think anything will. How could anyone watch the obvious anguish of a mother (DY) and not be moved?

I believe that TMH is behind Kyron's disappearance. There has just been too much come out for me to believe it is all a coincidence. If TMH were not involved, she would be completely honest about her where abouts that day ... every movement!!

I think DY calling Terri a liar is the least of THM's worries right now!

ETA: If this were my child, I seriously believe someone would have to restrain me from attacking the person responsible, especially if I believed my child was still alive and may be frightened. I admire the restraint shown by the other 3 parents.

Kimster
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Stay on topic regarding things discussed during the presser please. If there is a particular topic that you'd like to discuss that was covered in the presser, feel free to start a thread. This thread will be closed at some point this evening.

This post lands at random and is not about the post above it.

Chili Fries
07-08-2010, 09:04 PM
At one point, Desiree said that something was 'ridiculous'. Was that statement about the fact that Kyron was still missing after a month or because they were still waiting for Terri to talk? My volume was too low to hear everything properly. TIA.

She said it's ridiculous that they are still waiting for Terri to talk.

CarmelEyesD
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Boy, is that fence really wobbly...

LadyL
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow!....Just Wow is all I can say.....

Wow is all I can say. WOW.

posted at exactly the same time

and I concur

Mae Mae
07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
DY must be a very strong woman. I am also a divorced mother of two. I tried for the longest time to do what was right regarding my kids stepmom and making the situation the best I can for them however, I too did not trust their stepmom but when the situation arose that I felt they could possibly be in danger, I stepped in and voiced my opinon. I understand that KY lived with KH and TH because DY became ill but why did he continue to live there? There is no way I could live 4 1/2 hours away from my girls especially if I wasn't comfortable with the stepmom. My world revolves around my kids. Don't get me wrong, I think DY does show a lot of class and has handled this situation much better than I ever could have but I would love to know why he was still living with KH.

sleuthinginca
Of course they "would like to speculate" that there is someone else. If they didn't speculate... that would mean Kyron is not alive. My opinion of the look they gave eachother before answering that question... was a look of -thats our only hope. A look that shows they had talked about this in great lenghths.

This is all just so sad! I feel so bad for them.

RubyRed
Desiree Young on Terri Moulton: 'I know she's lying'

http://media.kgw.com/images/kgw-16_58hormans.JPG

"I've known her a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."

She drove home the points, saying "Mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance.
When asked whether they thought who else might be involved in the disappearance, Kaine Horman and Young were quiet for a moment, looked at each and Kaine Horman declined to speculate.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Desiree-Young-on-Terri-Moulton-I-know-shes-lying-98075814.html

RoughlyCollie
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
ITA - but if one has serious concerns - concerns strong enough to make you immediately suspicious when you hear your child is missing, before you even know it's a crisis - then it is odd that she left Kyron there. I see K!tty's point, as well as your's.

Dots are connected in your gut at that time and in an instant, the situation becomes clear. No proof -- just a "knowing".

GrainneDhu
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
SBM

I saw it as a process. He didn't go from trusting TMH to not trusting her like flipping a light switch, it took a while to happen.

On 3 June 2010, he had no idea that she would or could do anything like make Kyron disappear or take a hit out on him.

The next day, Kyron disappears. Doubts set in, either immediately or over the next few days. But he's not convinced; doubt does not equal conviction.

At some point while he is still doubting, he finds out that she failed both polygraphs. Which makes sense of being a little surprised but not totally surprised (my paraphrase) that she didn't pass.

And finally, on 26 June 2010, he was beyond doubts and is now convinced: she's guilty of something.

Again, that's not how I saw it. If he had no reason to think she would make Kyron disappear or take a hit out on him on 3 June 2010, then he was viewing her relationship with Kyron through a certain set of assumptions and beliefs. He now thinks those assumptions and beliefs were profoundly flawed, so he can no longer characterise her relationship with Kyron.

In other words, if he'd been asked on 3 June 2010 what TMH's relationship with Kyron was like, he might have said something like "great! They love each other very much." With everything that has happened and been revealed since then, he is probably certain that he was wrong but doesn't know yet in what way he was wrong.

Until Kyron's fate has been revealed, it would be hard to say, I think.

The above is all my own speculation, of course.

LadyL
07-08-2010, 09:09 PM

sometimes we ignore or sugarcoat our gut feelings by allowing others to convince us it's in our best interests, such as having a major health issue and having to go elsewhere for treatment

when in a weakened physical state, it's even more likely that someone could convince us of something we normally wouldn't agree to

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM

She drove home the points, saying "Mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Desiree-Young-on-Terri-Moulton-I-know-shes-lying-98075814.html

CCup
07-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Anyone have a link that works for the press conference? I missed it due to my other addiction(Big Brother)!

Aedrys
07-08-2010, 09:13 PM
*demolishes the fence*

I am so very saddened by this. I can't believe what came out at this presser. Dear God, she did do something to Kyron. I only feel sadness for that family and a lot more fear for Kyron.

Wow, just...wow...I'm in class and trying not to cry right now...it reminds me of the day they identified Caylee's remains...I knew it was her, but hearing it confirmed just made it all the worse...

I really, honestly, wanted to be wrong...

tiredblondy
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM

When asked whether they thought who else might be involved in the disappearance, Kaine Horman and Young were quiet for a moment, looked at each and Kaine Horman declined to speculate.

Desiree is a beautiful woman. I bet TH was so jealous. Poor Kaine looks absolutely drained. Thanks for the picture.

Kat
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm waiting for a response from TH's attn. I'm very surprised there wasn't one immediately after the presser. JMHO.

I've seen it discussed why would DY not have custody of Kyron at this point in time. I could list a lot of reasons. I could go into details that I have seen happen in my military community when the Father retains or is given custody by the Mother of the children. But the number one reason that I see most often---and the one that I'm going to go with until there are facts to dispute it is this: DY felt it was in Kyron's best interest to remain within the home that he had been since he was old enough to remember. That is an act of deeper love for a child than most of us could ever contemplate. JMHO and not willing to argue it on this thread.

I still want to know why TH's attn hasn't spoken yet. Interesting JMHO.

Snail
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
SBM

Respectfully snipped...

Again, that's not how I saw it. If he had no reason to think she would make Kyron disappear or take a hit out on him on 3 June 2010, then he was viewing her relationship with Kyron through a certain set of assumptions and beliefs. He now thinks those assumptions and beliefs were profoundly flawed, so he can no longer characterise her relationship with Kyron.

In other words, if he'd been asked on 3 June 2010 what TMH's relationship with Kyron was like, he might have said something like "great! They love each other very much." With everything that has happened and been revealed since then, he is probably certain that he was wrong but doesn't know yet in what way he was wrong.

Until Kyron's fate has been revealed, it would be hard to say, I think.

The above is all my own speculation, of course.

You took my thoughts right from my head, and put them into better words than I could have. I think this has shaken Kaine to the core. He just doesn't know what to believe and was truly blind sided.

tiredblondy
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Help...Is there anywhere I can watch their news conference video?
I can't find it and missed it earlier live.

KeyboardCat
07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh wow !!

grayjay
07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Good for her! She tells it like she sees it. I have a feeling that a libel suit won't happen. LOL

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Kyron Horman's parents publicly criticized his stepmother today, saying they are upset that Terri Horman is "not telling the truth" and not cooperating with the investigation into their son's disappearance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/live_video_watch_the_kyron_hor.html

Day Dreamer
<respectfully snipped>

I was wondering the exact same things. I would love to know how Terri really treated Kyron; and, if Kyron ever expressed a fear or dislike of his SM? You would think that if there were problems that caused Kyron not to feel safe or wanted that DY & TY would have sought custody. There are just so many questions I would love to have answered.

cluciano63
I too think that look and pause when asked about another person being involved was one of...there had better be, or else...as though it is too painful to imagine there isn't some person out there somewhere, with Kyron...

It is all so sad...the fact that Desiree clearly was never thrilled about Terri raising her son, did not seem to trust/like her...I know that is probably not uncommon, but if she was not able to regain custody and tried...how much sadder is that. I know we don't know what happened re: custody when Desiree's health improved. But I think that Kaine had the advantage by then, in eyes of a judge, it may even be why he and Terri married, to ensure that their home appeared stable for Kyron. Maybe she never stopped trying to get him back , for all we know.

I just feel that they are both clinging to a life raft of hope that Terri is the one and that she had an accomplice...

Aedrys
07-08-2010, 09:28 PM
It's true. Good moms just KNOW. I feel so bad for Desiree, yet I admire her at the same time. Good for you, Desiree! Let it out!

Ms Suzanne
07-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I think maybe you need to understand a little more on how LE works in cases like these. They cannot and will not call someone a suspect until the moment the silver bracelets are secured on their wrists. It is not as easy and clear cut, black and white, as you would like it to be.

Terri is a liar, so why not call her one? I believe she failed her 2 polygraphs, and I believe she approached the gardener about killing Kaine. I do NOT think that Kaine and Desiree are doing this on a hunch or merely because these are their "opinions"...Not by a mile...Once again, I believe this presser was done with the full knowledge and blessing of LE.

Read between the lines, or as Tony says, "connect the dots"....
badme102
I have a family member that has been missing for 27 years.She has never been found.I have looked for her as a unidentified Jane Doe,skeletal remains,anthopologist offices anywhere and everywhere to try and find out where she could be.I know very well how LE works in these cases.I am just saying I thought LE and the sheriff just came out and said Terri was not a POI or a suspect and she was cooperating.I just really think they need to clear this up once and for all.I thought they did.

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 09:29 PM

I am watching for it. As soon as it is up I will post it.

Here is an article on the presser.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/live_video_watch_the_kyron_hor.html

BeanE
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Kyron's Family: Stepmom Dodging Investigators
Terri Horman Failed 2 Polygraph Tests, Husband Says
POSTED: 5:39 pm PDT July 8, 2010
UPDATED: 6:05 pm PDT July 8, 2010

"I've known her a long time. I know she's lying," Young said. "Terri is still not cooperating. I'm so angry, I donít have words."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24190899/detail.html

Aedrys
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
God, if they do find Kyron not alive...I can only imagine how Desiree is going to react...TH better hope she's in a prison cell by that time...

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
badme102
I have a family member that has been missing for 27 years.She has never been found.I have looked for her as a unidentified Jane Doe,skeletal remains,anthopologist offices anywhere and everywhere to try and find out where she could be.I know very well how LE works in these cases.I am just saying I thought LE and the sheriff just came out and said Terri was not a POI or a suspect and she was cooperating.I just really think they need to clear this up once and for all.I thought they did.

((((((hugs))))))

momtective
OMG I just love Kyron's parents! I do believe it's no holds barred at this point...I see a Momma and a Daddy that want their son back and they are tired of messing around with and tip-toeing around this deranged woman Terri!

sleuthy sleutherson
I feel really bad for her. I haven't seen anything indicating she shouldn't have had custody of Kyron. It just seems like she got the short end of the deal, and now she really has the worst end of the deal. Poor woman, I hope they find Kyron soon and alive, so she can have some peace.

BeanE
Video with this one

Article: http://www.kgw.com/news/Desiree-Young-on-Terri-Moulton-I-know-shes-lying-98075814.html

Direct link to video: http://www.kgw.com/video?id=98075814&sec=547647

QueenD

http://www.katu.com/home/video/98077594.html

GrainneDhu
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Seriously I dont know how anyone can stick up for Terri even...

SBM

As someone who has and probably will post things that may be interpreted as "sticking up for Terri" I can answer for myself but no one else.

I try to make a strong division between what I know to be facts and what I assume or feel, based on my own impressions.

Just because I find someone hinky or unsympathetic doesn't mean that person is guilty or even wrong. At least, they aren't wrong until I assume control of the universe and at that time, they better look out! LOL

Right now, based on what I know as facts, it looks to me like there are things that tend to implicate TMH but nowhere near beyond a reasonable doubt. Based on what I know right now, I would never vote to convict her.

For every person that I would convict because I didn't have a good impression of them, there are probably three people who feel the same way about me.

I try hard to remember and act on the old bromide about "live and let live." I fail but maybe the struggle itself is making me a better person. I hope so, anyway (because I do find it a struggle).

KeyboardCat
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
It's true. Good moms just KNOW. I feel so bad for Desiree, yet I admire her at the same time. Good for you, Desiree! Let it out!

I wholeheartedly agree. I cannot imagine having to stand next to the woman whom I suspected of abducting my child. She says she has felt this from the beginning. There must be a reason Terri was the one who she suspected immediately of being informed of Kyron's disappearance. And to think she had to publicly put up a unified front for those past press conferences makes my heart break for her. I bet she feels better in a small way, saying what she really feels. She trusted her gut feeling. I do admire her also.

bessie
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm joining in late and haven't seen the conference, but I just read the article (thanks for the link, Rubyred) and am curious about this statement:

"I've known her for a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."

During the Q&A on Tuesday, DY stated that she was not friends with TH prior to the marriage, and in fact, didn't meet her until a year-and-a-half after Kyron was born, IIRC. Okay, five plus years is a relatively long time, I suppose, but just how well does an ex-spouse really know the new spouse? Her words give me the impression that there is some history between the two. So now I'm really curious about what has transpired between the families in the past. Has TH pulled other stunts? Is this why they seem so sure Kyron's alive and she's responsible? Like I said, I'm coming in late so I apologize if this has been discussed already.

KeyboardCat
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I feel really bad for her. I haven't seen anything indicating she shouldn't have had custody of Kyron. It just seems like she got the short end of the deal, and now she really has the worst end of the deal. Poor woman, I hope they find Kyron soon and alive, so she can have some peace.

You hit the proverbial nail directly on its head!

Faenorwyn
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but here's the link to the full presser: http://www.katu.com/home/video/98077594.html

badme102
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM

ETA: better late than never, I suppose. :crazy:

eyes4crime
badme102

My gosh, what a nightmare, I'm so sorry! :blowkiss:

Charlie09
I am kind of surprised if LE is using these grieving parents to get across the fact that Terri failed her lie detector tests. I wonder if that is something that Kaine and/or Desiree just could not hold back on making public. LE does not usually do that, though it does usually leak somehow.

These parents cannot allow themselves to think that Terri acted alone (if she did anything, which they clearly believe she did) because that would mean there is zero chance of Kyron being OK. They are forced to assume she had help, just by that fact alone.

That's what I can't figure out, I'm not so much on the fence anymore. I still though don't think Terri could pull this off by herself.....

redkatrampant
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
<respectfully snipped>

Thank you for eloquently expressing what I was thinking. I am just floored at how some ( not attacking anyone's opinion) cannot take a face value the opinion of someone who has dealt with Terri for many years. IMO, her ability to be as strong as she is and not lash out,shows me that she has the ability to be rational and discerning in her dealings with crisis and people. I could be completely wrong ( I will eat ALL of your hats if I am) but I think DY is being very sincere. She is hesitant to discuss anything that may jeopardize finding her son. She will not be baited, she will not give up, and she is being advised wisely. If she thinks LE is doing what it takes, I do not doubt her.
She is doing exactly what Rudyard Kipling described, holding her head high.

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

Wrinkles
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM

Hello Emma,

Maybe I can give a little insight here based upon my relationship with my mother. My mother lies constantly... "Did you put garlic in the soup?" Her answer, "No" (but I saw her do it.) "Mom, they said that." Her answer, "No, they didn't!" (but I heard them say that). "I never had this..." (Oh God mom -- please not again, not the same crap mom, its such garbage mom...I know better). And on and on and on...it is endless, constant, ridiculous and insidious. As a child, being lied to like this makes you doubt your own mind, experience and feelings. Fortunately, we are not under that reign of lies that tries to throw off our "gut" and "knowledge of our own personal experience" forever. Fortunately, some of us have relatives, siblings, friends and family members who have WITNESSED the "convenient and consistent" lies too -- these people confirm to us that we are not loons (we know what we heard, saw, felt, suspected!)

The lies are a part of my mom, nothing anyone can ever change. But, would I ever in a million years suspect her lying to try and cover some "other than petty" thing that she would do? No...I would NOT (I hope I am not wrong!) She is a liar. She lies for convenience, sympathy, because she thinks she can blow stupid stuff by you -- not to cover wicked acts. I guess that if there is a "petty thief" -- she is a "petty liar" (although thieving is thieving and lying is lying and it CAN cause great harm AND I've tried to point that out to her, it wasn't easy.)

My mother's husband(s), I'm not sure how he/they endured the lying. I've witnessed her lying to her present husband for umpteen years, she's even tried to suck me into some of her stupid lies to him. He loved her, loves her, because there really is much to love about her despite the insane lies. She did care for her children (such as it was, and some would consider it responsible) and she has taken very dear care of her husbands/present husband. She is wonderful in many ways -- very loveable in many ways. So, there are men (and women) who see "one thing" about their wives (husbands), or see "one thing" about their mothers/fathers who lie like this -- love being blind or trapped, it is what it is -- but it doesn't seem to be "dangerous."

My guess is that Kaine wanted to believe the best in his wife. My further guess is that Desiree saw her lies and was disgusted by them, but tolerated them thinking that she was just, well, lying for convenience, but that she wasn't dangerous. Perhaps she will become angry at Kaine or anyone who didn't "pull out all stops to get her away from Kyron" -- but she is a classy lady, and I think that if that anger comes, she will resolve that no one could have guessed for sure, including her.

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
OMG I just love Kyron's parents! I do believe it's no holds barred at this point...I see a Momma and a Daddy that want their son back and they are tired of messing around with and tip-toeing around this deranged woman Terri!

They are definitely fed up. It was a very good presser. The body language told us so much.

TxLady2
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a feeling that Desiree was not too fond of Kaine either and is just dealing with him now because they have a common cause...and she must be angry, very angry, that he married someone who could do this to her son...even if she knows the anger is irrelevant and not helpful at this point. I would be steaming mad at Kaine and Terri. She clearly never liked Terri, as far as I can make out and I was one of those who thought she treated Terri like she had leprosy at the first PC.

Then why didn't she go to court and try to get custody of Kyron back? Why would she allow Terri to raise him if she didn't trust her? That's the part I don't get. Or at the very least, she should have voiced her concerns to Kaine long before now. I don't understand a man who was half surprised to find out his wife failed a polygraph and tried to hire a hit man to kill him. That tells me he had a few suspicions of her before Kyron went missing! WTH?

cluciano63
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
That's what I can't figure out, I'm not so much on the fence anymore. I still though don't think Terri could pull this off by herself.....

But really, it could be as simple as, something happened, Terri harmed/killed Kyron, and hid his body someplace where LE has not searched. That would not take an Einstein. She may, if guilty, be shocked that she has not been caught and charged as yet.

It does not have to be a complicated plot, just because everything in this case is so bizarre. Sadly, it could be fairly simple, with a suspect who can hold up to LE better than in other cases we've seen.

I think it would be far more complex and therefore more likely to have failed by now, if more than one person is involved. If it's just Terri...it may never be truly solved.

GrainneDhu
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM

She may not have felt she had much choice in the matter.

DY files for divorce before Kyron is born and she then applies for a RO preventing him from removing Kyron or her older son from the house without her permission (which the judge amends to apply to both parents). That indicates to me that either DY or her lawyer thought that KH might fight for custody.

Then DY falls ill, has to go to Canada for treatment. When she comes back, she has a substantial medical bill and may not have been in physical shape to fight for custody (recovering from renal failure can take a year or more). By then, Kyron has been living with KH.

If she wanted custody of Kyron back, then a lawyer would probably have told her that judges are reluctant to make drastic changes in a child's living arrangements and that if KH wanted to fight, he would have a pretty good chance of winning.

So, all in all, she may well have felt trapped into leaving arrangements as they were.

Day Dreamer
07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
*demolishes the fence*

I am so very saddened by this. I can't believe what came out at this presser. Dear God, she did do something to Kyron. I only feel sadness for that family and a lot more fear for Kyron.

Wow, just...wow...I'm in class and trying not to cry right now...it reminds me of the day they identified Caylee's remains...I knew it was her, but hearing it confirmed just made it all the worse...

I really, honestly, wanted to be wrong...

DITO! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

DairyGirl
07-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Of course they "would like to speculate" that there is someone else. If they didn't speculate... that would mean Kyron is not alive. My opinion of the look they gave eachother before answering that question... was a look of -thats our only hope. A look that shows they had talked about this in great lenghths.

This is all just so sad! I feel so bad for them.

I agree. If they found a landscaper that she had hired 7 months ago and even contacted a landscaper that she never contacted, I am sure they have talked to every one that has ever had anything to do with her in the last year. I don't know how she could have hiden it if she were talking to someone about taking Kyron.

JSR
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
posted at exactly the same time

and I concur

And so do I. I'm still floored. I think I'm going to have to watch it again when they post the video.

crocus
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Kyron's Family: Stepmom Dodging Investigators
Terri Horman Failed 2 Polygraph Tests, Husband Says
POSTED: 5:39 pm PDT July 8, 2010
UPDATED: 6:05 pm PDT July 8, 2010

"I've known her a long time. I know she's lying," Young said. "Terri is still not cooperating. I'm so angry, I donít have words."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24190899/detail.html

I think, IMO, that there is a lot of history in this extended family's dynamics that gave cause for DY to say this.

I bet she wants to scream from the rooftop what she really thinks............

Whome?
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I am not trying to be snarky
and I realize that looks are not
everything,but after seeing this
press conferece,I do not understand
how this man could leave this woman
and go into a relationship with TH,even
when she was doing body building,what
did he ever see in TH? It's mind blowing
to me.

JMHO

yosande
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM

iirc, and imo, both.

QueenD
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I would really like to hear what DY really would like to say. You can tell she is holding back so much when ask questions about SM.

Ms Suzanne
But really, it could be as simple as, something happened, Terri harmed/killed Kyron, and hid his body someplace where LE has not searched. That would not take an Einstein. She may, if guilty, be shocked that she has not been caught and charged as yet.

It does not have to be a complicated plot, just because everything in this case is so bizarre. Sadly, it could be fairly simple, with a suspect who can hold up to LE better than in other cases we've seen.

I think it would be far more complex and therefore more likely to have failed by now, if more than one person is involved. If it's just Terri...it may never be truly solved.
I was just hoping and praying Terri got hooked up with a wrong person and she didn't hurt little Kyron that someone else did.Yes,it would be very sad if she did something on purpose.I agree if she is not being honest to find little Kyron she needs to be now.

RubyRed
And so do I. I'm still floored. I think I'm going to have to watch it again when they post the video.

Presser

Wrinkles
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
He also looked to DY to answer most of the questions, which tends to quelch thoughts of him being a control freak.
--- snipped ---

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I felt the same way, he appeared to me to be a man that would "work together" with someone else, and in particular a woman. I did not see him "struggle" with this working together, it appeared to come naturally.

mysteriew
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Good for her! She tells it like she sees it. I have a feeling that a libel suit won't happen. LOL

LOL from what I understand was said at the press conference, a libel suit would be very difficult.

Said: She isn't cooperating with LE.... if that is what they are being told by LE then it isn't libel.
Said: She isn't telling the truth..... LOL she reportedly failed two lie detector tests.
Said: She has had her suspicions from the moment of the phone call.... Suspicions aren't fact. She didn't accuse the stepmom of anything, she said she had suspicions. And she isn't being very specific about those suspicions either.
Said: They requested that the stepmom tell the truth and cooperate with LE. Based on the info they probably have been given, that is a perfectly
reasonable request.

I do give the mother kudos for her restraint. If my child was missing and I was being told that someone I knew, someone close to my child was not being truthful with LE and was not cooperating with LE I probably wouldn't have been able to hold back near as well as she did.

TxLady2
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello Emma,

Maybe I can give a little insight here based upon my relationship with my mother. My mother lies constantly... "Did you put garlic in the soup?" Her answer, "No" (but I saw her do it.) "Mom, they said that." Her answer, "No, they didn't!" (but I heard them say that). "I never had this..." (Oh God mom -- please not again, not the same crap mom, its such garbage mom...I know better). And on and on and on...it is endless, constant, ridiculous and insidious. As a child, being lied to like this makes you doubt your own mind, experience and feelings. Fortunately, we are not under that reign of lies that tries to throw off our "gut" and "knowledge of our own personal experience" forever. Fortunately, some of us have relatives, siblings, friends and family members who have WITNESSED the "convenient and consistent" lies too -- these people confirm to us that we are not loons (we know what we heard, saw, felt, suspected!)

The lies are a part of my mom, nothing anyone can ever change. But, would I ever in a million years suspect her lying to try and cover some "other than petty" thing that she would do? No...I would NOT (I hope I am not wrong!) She is a liar. She lies for convenience, sympathy, because she thinks she can blow stupid stuff by you -- not to cover wicked acts. I guess that if there is a "petty thief" -- she is a "petty liar" (although thieving is thieving and lying is lying and it CAN cause great harm AND I've tried to point that out to her, it wasn't easy.)

My mother's husband(s), I'm not sure how he/they endured the lying. I've witnessed her lying to her present husband for umpteen years, she's even tried to suck me into some of her stupid lies to him. He loved her, loves her, because there really is much to love about her despite the insane lies. She did care for her children (such as it was, and some would consider it responsible) and she has taken very dear care of her husbands/present husband. She is wonderful in many ways -- very loveable in many ways. So, there are men (and women) who see "one thing" about their wives (husbands), or see "one thing" about their mothers/fathers who lie like this -- love being blind or trapped, it is what it is -- but it doesn't seem to be "dangerous."

My guess is that Kaine wanted to believe the best in his wife. My further guess is that Desiree saw her lies and was disgusted by them, but tolerated them thinking that she was just, well, lying for convenience, but that she wasn't dangerous. Perhaps she will become angry at Kaine or anyone who didn't "pull out all stops to get her away from Kyron" -- but she is a classy lady, and I think that if that anger comes, she will resolve that no one could have guessed for sure, including her.

My sympathies to you. I've known people who were pathological liars and it's not easy dealing with them. But it's a little different when it's a new wife of your ex husband who is also raising your son. Maybe she didn't think Terri was capable of harm... I can understand that. But if it were me, I would have moved heaven and earth to get my child back, if I didn't trust the woman taking care of him. JMO.

CCup
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
RE: Desiree not getting custody back of Kyron if she didn't trust Terri

What woman would 100% trust another woman raising their child?

I know I wouldn't! I wouldn't trust my own mother, sister, aunt, or best friend 100%, but if there were circumstances that lead me to put the care of my child in another woman's hands then I would have to learn to live with it.

I feel like the reason Desiree left Kyron with Kaine has absolutely nothing to do with finding Kyron. Who knows the real reason, maybe Desiree doesn't know her own reasoning. But I know one thing is for sure ~ This woman loves her son with her whole heart and she is in so much pain right now. I am sure that pain is full of what if's, how comes and lots of guilt! She is a brave, strong woman and I am impressed by her integrity and strength!

cluciano63
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
OT...but I wish LE would do another search in area of the home and school...I can't help thinking how long poor little Caylee was in the woods there, so close to home...and was only found by accident. Terri, if she is guilty, may have left him there and then driven out to SI, if she did, to try to make an alibi for herself...I don't know, but I hate that LE is not searching for him. I know it is almost impossible without a tip, but it feels wrong, and sad.

Aedrys
07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
SBM

As someone who has and probably will post things that may be interpreted as "sticking up for Terri" I can answer for myself but no one else.

I try to make a strong division between what I know to be facts and what I assume or feel, based on my own impressions.

Just because I find someone hinky or unsympathetic doesn't mean that person is guilty or even wrong. At least, they aren't wrong until I assume control of the universe and at that time, they better look out! LOL

Right now, based on what I know as facts, it looks to me like there are things that tend to implicate TMH but nowhere near beyond a reasonable doubt. Based on what I know right now, I would never vote to convict her.

For every person that I would convict because I didn't have a good impression of them, there are probably three people who feel the same way about me.

I try hard to remember and act on the old bromide about "live and let live." I fail but maybe the struggle itself is making me a better person. I hope so, anyway (because I do find it a struggle).

I just wanted to say that I may not totally agree with you, but I totally love your attitude. There should be more people out there like you.

CarmelEyesD
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I think it is time for Terri to speak now. With her attorney, in a controlled PC, but it is definitely time for her to speak.

SweetLaura286
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM

Snipped by me, sorry if this has been said (I haven't read all of the posts).

What if this is one of the key questions TH failed on the polygraph???

"TH, how is your relationship with Kyron" "Great!" (BIG FAT LIE)

cypress
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM
This

Always have had a great working relationship when it comes to the kids and it's upsetting to hear some of the rumors out there.

(underline by me)

this

This blindsided us.

and this

confuse me.

Aedrys
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I would really like to hear what DY really would like to say. You can tell she is holding back so much when ask questions about SM.

I haven't seen the presser yet, but what you wrote reminds me of Dr. G at the conference where it was confirmed the remains found were Caylee's. I so felt for her. She looked like she SO wanted to say more and just wasn't allowed to. I'm betting Desiree looked the same way. I'll have to watch the presser when I get home tonight.

gibby207
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
LOL from what I understand was said at the press conference, a libel suit would be very difficult.

Said: She isn't cooperating with LE.... if that is what they are being told by LE then it isn't libel.
Said: She isn't telling the truth..... LOL she reportedly failed two lie detector tests.
Said: She has had her suspicions from the moment of the phone call.... Suspicions aren't fact. She didn't accuse the stepmom of anything, she said she had suspicions. And she isn't being very specific about those suspicions either.
Said: They requested that the stepmom tell the truth and cooperate with LE. Based on the info they probably have been given, that is a perfectly
reasonable request.

I do give the mother kudos for her restraint. If my child was missing and I was being told that someone I knew, someone close to my child was not being truthful with LE and was not cooperating with LE I probably wouldn't have been able to hold back near as well as she did.

BBM I can GUARANTEE you that I can't. I'm not that couthy. LOL In fact, last night my girls asked me what I'd do if someone "stole" them. I told them point blank, "I'd kill them." LOL (I followed with don't anger momma bear story...) Maybe not the best thing to say, as I'm not couthy, but it's true!

Emeralgem
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
badme102

I may be wrong but I don't recall LE ever saying she was not a suspect or a POI.
It is my understanding they just haven't named her as a suspect yet..They haven't named anyone.. However it is clear to me she must be on the list..IF they have a list...JMO

cypress
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I think it is time for Terri to speak now. With her attorney, in a controlled PC, but it is definitely time for her to speak.

I think there are pros and cons to silence. Anything she says is going to be picked apart by the media and everyone else. Heck, I read a whole analysis about how she wore her shirt and the missing buttons. I'm not sure if she should speak, but I do believe it's time for her attorney to speak.

I appreciate that he's probably working quietly behind the scenes, but he's been hired to defend her. She may not have been formally labeled or charged, but Kaine and Desiree are pointing the finger firmly her direction, LE is leaking information right and left.

It's time for him to make a statement, IMHO.

mtnone
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I wish someone had asked if there had been any strains or problems in the marriage leading up to this time.

I would like to see the list of what may not be asked.

I admire Desiree. If I had that many suspicions about Terri, someone would have to physically restrain me from putting a serious hurt on that woman.

Wouldn't you love to be inside Terri's head right now, for just maybe one hour? I would love to know what and how she is thinking.

Charlie09
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM

Even if it's not a complicated plot -
It had to be a plot at some point **IF** it was Terri, and not some random abduction that she just had the dumb luck of being the last person seen, but has other issues that point to the deceptive part.

I can't imagine, now after seeing this press conference that D wouldn't have just asked her straight out "WHERE is my kid?"

mysteriew
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I was just hoping and praying Terri got hooked up with a wrong person and she didn't hurt little Kyron that someone else did.Yes,it would be very sad if she did something on purpose.I agree if she is not being honest to find little Kyron she needs to be now.

You know that is the part that has me totally confused. IF TH took him, what was the why?

KH and TH were married, still residing together, no rumors of any split prior to Kryon being taken. No apparent motive.
TH was seen at the school with him prior to the disappearance, so that kinda rules out an impromptu event. They were at the school then he wasn't seen again. So that kinda rules out she accidently or maliciously injured him then was afraid of getting in trouble for that.

It almost looks like she took him to school to begin setting up an alibi. That she left him at school and the school lost him. Which IMO points to something planned. But why?

Mrs G Norris
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
I thought this was an interesting moment...

-14:32

Reporter: "...you've been a class act...probably not saying a lot you want to say...how hard is that to not say stuff to Terri?"

Desiree: "Honestly, I've been doing that since Kyron was born"

....and the fact that Desiree had feelings about this when she got the phone call, so she was suspicious of Terri from the first moments....

CarmelEyesD
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I think there are pros and cons to silence. Anything she says is going to be picked apart by the media and everyone else. Heck, I read a whole analysis about how she wore her shirt and the missing buttons. I'm not sure if she should speak, but I do believe it's time for her attorney to speak.

I appreciate that he's probably working quietly behind the scenes, but he's been hired to defend her. She may not have been formally labeled or charged, but Kaine and Desiree are pointing the finger firmly her direction, LE is leaking information right and left.

It's time for him to make a statement, IMHO.

Yes. Even if it is just the attorney, with some of her answers. She will get picked apart anyway, whether she appears or not. If she appears, she will be criticized, yet if she doesn't, she will be labeled a coward or guilty. But if he is hired to defend her, he may well want to start now.

gibby207
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Do you guys recall the part in the presser where they were discussing the motions they were going thru, that LE has a plan, and that the detectives were doing "mechanical" things right now with cell phones, computers and stuff? Maybe they are working for, in fact, an arrest VERY soon, but need a lot of computer forensics...

TrY
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I watched the KATU raw videoclip of the press conference (I didn't watch it live online). I'm glad that the parents are speaking out freely (even if they say they can't answer a question) rather than doing the media dance of prescreening questions ahead of time.

Did they bar any of the media from this press conference (Oregonian newspaper or the Willamette Week newspaper) or were both of those media outlets allowed to cover this?

I think both Desiree and Kaine did just fine at this press conference speaking from the heart, IMO. I do get the impression that Desiree knows a lot more about TH but chooses not to speak about it publicly for Kyron's sake but that she has told the police everything she knows about her. That was interesting that Desiree did comment about the 1st presser where TH hugged her -- so the public thinking about the body language between DY and TH was very spot on, IMO.

Dr.Fessel
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I wish someone had asked if there had been any strains or problems in the marriage leading up to this time.

I would like to see the list of what may not be asked.

I admire Desiree. If I had that many suspicions about Terri, someone would have to physically restrain me from putting a serious hurt on that woman.

Wouldn't you love to be inside Terri's head right now, for just maybe one hour? I would love to know what and how she is thinking.

I bet she is about ready to blow! Pure fury.

yosande
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM

Kyrons parents both believe he is alive, and DY said that she allegedly "hired" someone to murder KH, therefore in her mind, TH didn't have the guts to actually do the deed herself.

Therefore, since she or they have come to that conclusion, they believe someone else must be involved.

Since she would hire someone to murder her husband, if true, than she may also have hired someone, or involved someone else in whisking Kyron away, for what reason, I cannot fathom. If she didn't want to care for him, couldn't she have convinced her husband to give custody to DY?

Plus he was leaving for the weekend, and summer break was near, so he would be gone for the summer.

However, imo, Kyron going missing at the time he did, speaks clearly to me that his being missing was not an impluse action, but rather a thoroughly thought out plan. That his backpack was still at school, if it was, sets the stage for him wandering off, and directing blame at the school district, the school, and even the teacher, to boot. Furthermore, he has yet to be found.

Since she is not a very good actress, nor is she a believable liar, imo, she could not have done this by herself. Whether she herself was bamboozled by a psychopathic, manipulative pedifile, is yet to be known.

If she was a bored housewife, and the weight gain may bring one to that conclusion, she could have met just about anyone, but that's jmo, for now anyway. It would also cause her to be vulnerable to a preditor of sorts.

Perhaps her attempts to convince KH to give up custody failed, and without success, she tried another route via the hired hit landscaper man. Idk. Personally, I find the hired hit man landscaper guy story contrived. Nevertheless, once KH is out of the way, Kyron goes to mommy, and TH moves on with her life.

She has a close friend in the PTA leader, and though she is very likely uninvolved, she may have info that she is not aware of, but of course, that's jmo.

If someone else is involved, LE already knows about it, imo. She couldn't possibly have not left a trail, not in this day and age.

cakegirl0905
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Reporter: "...you've been a class act...probably not saying a lot you want to say...how hard is that to not say stuff to Terri?"

Terri: "Honestly, I've been doing that since Kyron was born"

....and the fact that Terri had feelings about this when she got the phone call, so she was suspicious of Terri from the first moments....

You prob. want to edit this to correct the names so no one gets confused.

ella971
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM
The elephant in the room. T will be proved to have harmed K. I pray to God I'm wrong. I'm preparing for the news. I do not care what her reason for doing so would be. Too many children are ending up abused,missing or dead. Something needs to change.Why do drug dealers get more time than people who rape children? To kill a child and not get the death penalty? How and why is this?

raeann
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Ok....so this is what I just can not comprehend. They both make it clear that they dislike TH, they don't trust TH, there were prior issues with TH....yet they both felt comfortable leaving 90% of the care and responsibility for Kyron to TH? If Kyron was so used to spending time with DY at her home on weekends and holidays and in summer....WHY would they not have had him move in with her? Why would you let someone you did not trust be with your child for even one minute? I had a neighbor who once backed into a car in her driveway, and then a week later ran into the front wall of her garage. I never let her drive my kids anywhere again and we have been friends for over 20 years! If you don't trust someone or have known them to lie, its a one and done situation. A child's life is more important than "family dynamics".

jmo

cypress
I watched the KATU raw videoclip of the press conference (I didn't watch it live online). I'm glad that the parents are speaking out freely (even if they say they can't answer a question) rather than doing the media dance of prescreening questions ahead of time.

Did they bar any of the media from this press conference (Oregonian newspaper or the Willamette Week newspaper) or were both of those media outlets allowed to cover this?

I think both Desiree and Kaine did just fine at this press conference speaking from the heart, IMO. I do get the impression that Desiree knows a lot more about TH but chooses not to speak about it publicly for Kyron's sake but that she has told the police everything she knows about her. That was interesting that Desiree did comment about the 1st presser where TH hugged her -- so the public thinking about the body language between DY and TH was very spot on, IMO.

BBM

Her reaction to Terri in that press conference was not unlike the reaction to her own husband who also tried to comfort her, and Desiree reached for and held Terri's hand in a later press conference.

I have no doubt that the dynamics among this group of adults was difficult, but for years they made it work and the product was seemingly well-adjusted children.

If there were suspicions about abuse or overt bad behavior, there were years when it could've been addressed. As it stands, there is nothing to indicate Desiree tried to regain custody of Kyron when she returned from Canada. In fact, earlier statements indicate she left him where he was because it's what she believed was best. Now, after Terri has not been formally accused, but is definitely being accused, all that flies out the window?

I don't want to pick apart a grieving family, but these are wildly contradictory statements and actions.

Ducks the tomatoes.

Sigh.

Charlie09
This

(underline by me)

this

and this

confuse me.

I think that you can know someone has issues, but still find them to be someone you can deal with - and feel comfortable about your child's safety. But when you get THAT call, every doubt, every subconscious thought, every weird instance would come crashing together for "just knowing"

CarmelEyesD
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I do feel, though, that even if you cannot murder a full grown man (who may fight back, or resist, win and get you arrested)-it would not take so much to overpower a child, nevermind a small 7 year old. IF-IF-TH did not attempt to murder KH herself, it may not have been a moral mental reason-it may have purely been a decision based on strength...

crocus
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM

Fury or OH &^%$?

CCup
07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
RE: Kaine being asked about the apparent hit on him

His response to this is tough to watch. It's like he is holding back tears, he is fearful, and he is trying to remove the knife from his back. Even Desiree steps in to help with the response because he is struggling to figure out what to say.

I can't imagine finding out my spouse attempted to hire a hitman to off me, let alone find this out due to the fact that my 7 year old son is missing!

I've repeatedly said they Desiree is a strong woman, but I think Kaine deserves some props here too! This man's son is missing, is wife is trying to have him killed, he is carrying guilt that size of this Earth, and caring for his young daughter. I cannot imagine the pain either Kaine or Desiree are feeling!

DairyGirl
07-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Terri: "Honestly, I've been doing that since Kyron was born"

....and the fact that Terri had feelings about this when she got the phone call, so she was suspicious of Terri from the first moments....

Well, in honesty if she has been doing her husband while she was pregnant I can see why she's been holding her tongue.

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
RE: Kaine being asked about the apparent hit on him

His response to this is tough to watch. It's like he is holding back tears, he is fearful, and he is trying to remove the knife from his back. Even Desiree steps in to help with the response because he is struggling to figure out what to say.

I can't imagine finding out my spouse attempted to hire a hitman to off me, let alone find this out due to the fact that my 7 year old son is missing!

I've repeatedly said they Desiree is a strong woman, but I think Kaine deserves some props here too! This man's son is missing, is wife is trying to have him killed, he is carrying guilt that size of this Earth, and caring for his young daughter. I cannot imagine the pain either Kaine or Desiree are feeling!

Well said.

yosande
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Do you guys recall the part in the presser where they were discussing the motions they were going thru, that LE has a plan, and that the detectives were doing "mechanical" things right now with cell phones, computers and stuff? Maybe they are working for, in fact, an arrest VERY soon, but need a lot of computer forensics...

Iirc, a reporter asked the question about what is happening as there is no visual searching that the public can see, and her response was that there are investigators working, searching for him via, tech stuff, cell phone records and such. moo

mrsc72
07-08-2010, 10:37 PM
THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I felt the same way, he appeared to me to be a man that would "work together" with someone else, and in particular a woman. I did not see him "struggle" with this working together, it appeared to come naturally.

~IMO~

I agree as well. I never got the feeling that KH is a control freak at all. He still looks uncomfortable with all of the publicity. I think the ground rules at the previous presser were set collaboratively between the mom/dad/stepdad as well as possible LE input. Kaine was just the lucky one to read that part of their statements. I think if they could have all said it in tandem they would have.

I see them all as united in the fight to find Kyron and to be working well as a team. I can't see blaming/suspecting/dissecting KH for TH's actions (or lack thereof). Even if things in their relationships weren't all wine & cheese, I'm sure no-one could foresee something like this being a remote possibility. I'm sure DY has her reason's for TH not being her bff but never something that could lead to this - she must have felt, at a minimum, that despite those issues that Kyron was at least safe where he was.

Kyron needs to come home - to his home in PortlandMedford, Oregon - to his mom, dad, and stepdad who obviously all love him very much.

~IMO~

mrsjonnob
07-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, in honesty if she has been doing her husband while she was pregnant I can see why she's been holding her tongue.

That was my thought... if TH was shagging KH while he was still married... that could cause some ugly feelings. And now this... I am surprised DY was able to appear in the same room as her in the past weeks. She is one classy lady, for sure.

cj1132
07-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I know some are questioning why TH and/or her atty aren't speaking out on her behalf. FWIW, I have a good friend who works for a VERY highly respected criminal atty and tonite I got her input on this. She said there is absolutely no reason for TH or her attorney to speak out at this point as they owe nobody any type of response and there is nothing legally to be gained by it. She felt that TH's attorney would look at everything being said by LE and the parents and will find anything that could cause reasonable doubt. She said that the more the parents and LE talk, the better chance there is that there will be things said that will work in TH's favor. Also, if TH's attorney is any good, he will earn his money and do what is necessary to get the best deal for his client.

SacreBleu
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
This

(underline by me)

this

and this

confuse me.

Don't be confused, my dear. It's really quite simple.
1) "working relationships" have to do with passing the kid off to each other and sharing holidays - it has NOTHING to do with "TRUST"
2) blindsided - well, "duh!" Of course they were blindsided
3) trust your instincts...you don't have bad ones

Kat
07-08-2010, 10:44 PM
badme102

Suzanne, have you started a thread for your loved one in the missing but not forgotten subforum? If not, I'll be happy to give you a link for the correct subforum. If you already have, please let us have a link? TIA. There are many of us here that would like to help you in anyway we can if at all.

Good lord Dr. F, can you imagine getting those two in the same room now? Atomic.

I know some are questioning why TH and/or her atty aren't speaking out on her behalf. FWIW, I have a good friend who works for a VERY highly respected criminal atty and tonite I got her input on this. She said there is absolutely no reason for TH or her attorney to speak out at this point as they owe nobody any type of response and there is nothing legally to be gained by it. She felt that TH's attorney would look at everything being said by LE and the parents and will find anything that could cause reasonable doubt. She said that the more the parents and LE talk, the better chance there is that there will be things said that will work in TH's favor. Also, if TH's attorney is any good, he will earn his money and do what is necessary to get the best deal for his client.

Thank you so much for posting this cj! I was looking for a plausible explanation and you gave it concisely! Many thanks :)

Nikolai
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Pretty obvious now why everyone suspects Terri. I suspected her simply because she was the last person to see him in a school walking towards class yet nobody in the school saw him without her. Its more likely to me that he walked out with her and didnt walk in the school hallways alone. Then you hear about the suspected murder for hire. But now comebine that with the fact she has failed two polygraphs and that really looks bad for her, and unfortunately, for Kyron as well.

I hope Im wrong with everyone else who thinks Terri is behind this and somewhere Kyron is still breathing. It just looks very unlikely, this isnt the first time a crime like this has happened. Unfortunately for police they need some real evidence, they cant put Terri on trial with what they have and risk an aquittal and then a year later Kyrons remains are discovered. I think they have to wait, until they have solid evidence. The cell phone call from Suavie Island is a nice piece of evidence, especially it proves Terri was lying about where she was at that time. But they need more.

I hope law enforcement hold out and wait before pressing charges, something will happen soon.

JoCoKSEyes
07-08-2010, 10:49 PM

bbm

I understand this statement, and I agree with you. However, it still makes me want to vomit.

DairyGirl
Ok....so this is what I just can not comprehend. They both make it clear that they dislike TH, they don't trust TH, there were prior issues with TH....yet they both felt comfortable leaving 90% of the care and responsibility for Kyron to TH? If Kyron was so used to spending time with DY at her home on weekends and holidays and in summer....WHY would they not have had him move in with her? Why would you let someone you did not trust be with your child for even one minute? I had a neighbor who once backed into a car in her driveway, and then a week later ran into the front wall of her garage. I never let her drive my kids anywhere again and we have been friends for over 20 years! If you don't trust someone or have known them to lie, its a one and done situation. A child's life is more important than "family dynamics".

jmo

I think Desiree had her reasons to dislike Terri, one being that it is likely that she broke up her marriage while she was pregnant with Kyron, but I don't think in a million years she would have ever suspected her capable of harming him.

gibby207
I think that you can know someone has issues, but still find them to be someone you can deal with - and feel comfortable about your child's safety. But when you get THAT call, every doubt, every subconscious thought, every weird instance would come crashing together for "just knowing"

Hindsight is 20/20. :(

gardeness
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM

I wonder about this statement...it just makes me think, has she heard Terri lie about kidnapping a child before? MOO

KR2tonenow
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Kyron Horman's parents publicly criticized his stepmother today, saying they are upset that Terri Horman is "not telling the truth" and not cooperating with the investigation into their son's disappearance.

I read in one of these threads that TH's parents were staying with her at the house. Is this still true, and I wonder if this news conference is a way to get TH's parents to get TH to talk?

gibby207
07-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Iirc, a reporter asked the question about what is happening as there is no visual searching that the public can see, and her response was that there are investigators working, searching for him via, tech stuff, cell phone records and such. moo

Thank you... I couldn't hear it very well but haven't gone back and re-listened but I do remember the word "mechanical" being used. lol

Mandy113
07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
When I first began to believe it was possible TH had something to do with Kyron's disappearance, I felt his father shared some responsibility for failing to protect him. I see it differently now. No relationship or family is perfect. As more has come out about this case, I can only think TH had many people fooled. I can't even read much about this case anymore because I find it all so disturbing. I don't know how those who love Kyron keep going. My heart breaks for Kyron's parents & stepfather. I still hope there will be a miracle and Kyron will return to them

Ms Suzanne
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I may be wrong but I don't recall LE ever saying she was not a suspect or a POI.
It is my understanding they just haven't named her as a suspect yet..They haven't named anyone.. However it is clear to me she must be on the list..IF they have a list...JMO
I thought the last sheriffs conference said it.I don't know where it is but I thought Lt. Mary Lindstrand came right out and said that somewhere too.

raeann
07-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I think Desiree had her reasons to dislike Terri, one being that it is likely that she broke up her marriage while she was pregnant with Kyron, but I don't think in a million years she would have ever suspected her capable of harming him.

I am sure no one suspected that he would disappear or be physically harmed, but if I thought for one second that someone might speak to my child harshly, or punish them unfairly, or put their own needs before my child's......then that would be all it would take. There is plenty of blame to go around in this case for actions that allowed this to happen---IF it happened as they seem to believe.

jmo

KR2tonenow
07-08-2010, 10:57 PM

I agree~ Enough Already!

I hope LE can garner something from TH's cell phone-calls, etc. linked to someone who possibly was an accomplice. I am still not clear as to why someone called on Sat. night wanting $10,000 from TH, can someone clarify this for me? Thanks so much!~

Wrinkles
07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Snipped by me, sorry if this has been said (I haven't read all of the posts).

What if this is one of the key questions TH failed on the polygraph???

"TH, how is your relationship with Kyron" "Great!" (BIG FAT LIE)

What if the question was, "Have you answered all of the questions honestly?"

and she failed it?

Tink56
07-08-2010, 11:07 PM
It appears that one of the reasons that TH and KH were the custodial parents must have revolved around Kyron. TH was a stay-at-home mother while DH needed to work following her health issues, etc. For TH, custody of KH would have necessitated juggling child care, more financial and emotional responsibility, etc. KH was settled with Kaine and TH. To me, this would seems to be a real possibility why DH didn't challenge the custody arrangement.

I am impressed by the demeanor, candor, and raw emotion exhibited by both KH and DG at the press conference. I think a "mom" does know when someone is lying to them. It may be incorporated in the "X" chromosone or ??? I know my husband has been clueless to what were to me obvious fibs by our children through the years.

I was trying to find some sample polygraph questions and remembered the trial of Danielle Van Dam's murderer, David Westerfield. The questions that e indicated that he was not being truthful were all related to Danielle.

PR: Regarding whether or not you yourself are involved in the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, do you intend to answer truthfully each question about that?

DW: Yes.

PR: Regarding the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, do you suspect anyone in particular of being responsible for her missing?

DW: No.

PR: Regarding the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, do you know for sure who is responsible for her missing?

PR: Other than what you told me, during the first 40 years of your life, do you remember ever lying to anyone who loved and trusted you?

PR: Regarding the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, are you yourself in any way responsible for her missing?

from http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2003/jan/23/you-think-im-guilty-something/

If you read the entire article, you will see how the examiner set up the questioning, the questions asked, and the explanation of Westerfield's response. Certainly many well-respected individuals see the possibility of errors in such testing. To me, however, it is an indication of "where" LE probably should focus some attention. In and of themselves, lie detector tests are not admissable as evidence in a court of law for "proof" of guilt. Obviously there are good reasons for this, but they can be used as one of the investigative tools to guide LE, IMO.

AbbieNormal
07-08-2010, 11:09 PM

I fell aslep and missed the presser when it was being live streamed. Now all the links where it was live streamed don't work for me when I try to watch it now. So thank you to everyone who narrated the presser, I was hoping NG would at the very least run this on her show tonight (eyeroll here) but no such luck. Lindsay is more important and more newsworthy.....gag.

Appears all is falling into place (we are finding out) just as I "suspected" from the beginning. Terri is a liar and not just this one time. There is no love between DY and TH, never has been. Kaine suspected Terri, but I think DY suspected her from the get-go. DY really didn't want TH close to her during the first presser, like we speculated based on body langage. How she restrained herself from decking TH is beyond me. I would have thrown up right on camera if TH had touched me like that, knowing she knew what had happened to my child. DY has incredible restraint. I admire her grace under pressure. Very much like Sharon Rocha.
Why Kaine stayed with someone who he knew was a lair and trusted her with not just one but two small children, as well as her own 16 yr old, is a mystery to me. Let this be a lesson to those who are staying with a lying partner and are deluding themselves into thinking everything wll be ok. Protect your children.
I hope Kaine does kick Terri's sorry a$$ out of HIS home so the baby and he can return to their own surroundings. Terri can go live -where ever-, maybe her parents will take her back in to their home. Personally I would be scared to be in the same home with her no matter how I was or was not related to her. God only knows what she is capable of.
I pray that DY and KH can find some peace and that LE is able to somehow make an arrest as soon as legally possible and put Terri in a cold concrete cell where she belongs. She's not human enough to give up the location of that precious little boy, so lock her up like the animal she is.

MOO

abbie

GrainneDhu
07-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Yes. Even if it is just the attorney, with some of her answers. She will get picked apart anyway, whether she appears or not. If she appears, she will be criticized, yet if she doesn't, she will be labeled a coward or guilty. But if he is hired to defend her, he may well want to start now.

I agree that it would make no difference at all.

So why do it? He's got to be figuring he will have his hands full if she is arrested. Plus, she didn't engage him for three weeks, so he's probably spending a lot of time with her going over what she said during the various interviews so that he has as good a picture as he can get as to what he has to work with.

Additionally, if he thinks he may need to try for a change of venue at some point, it is easier to argue for one if it is clear that he wasn't already engaged in contaminating the potential jury pool. Giving the appearance of rising above rarely hurts.

His client has a lot more to lose at this point, I think, if he does speak up.

I may be wrong, though. I'm certainly not a lawyer, just an amateur strategist.

PorcineGranny
07-08-2010, 11:13 PM
KR2, the lawnguy was wired by police after he told his story. They wanted to catch Terri in a conversation with him about the kill for hire. It didn't pan out as she shut him down pretty quickly. Then, evidently called 911.

RubyRed
07-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I fell aslep and missed the presser when it was being live streamed. Now all the links where it was live streamed don't work for me when I try to watch it now. So thank you to everyone who narrated the presser,

sbbm

This link will work. Presser is worth watching.

Kimster
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
This thread is closing very soon. If there are certain questions asked during the presser that you would like to discuss further, please feel free to open a topic thread.

BetteDavisEyes
07-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I may be wrong but I don't recall LE ever saying she was not a suspect or a POI. It is my understanding they just haven't named her as a suspect yet..They haven't named anyone.. However it is clear to me she must be on the list..IF they have a list...JMO

BBM. Methinks it's a very short list ;)

GrainneDhu
07-08-2010, 11:16 PM

jmo

Do you have evidence that DY didn't try and fail to get Kyron back after her treatment in Canada? Or that the option was ever open to her?

KR2tonenow
07-08-2010, 11:17 PM
KR2, the lawnguy was wired by police after he told his story. They wanted to catch Terri in a conversation with him about the kill for hire. It didn't pan out as she shut him down pretty quickly. Then, evidently called 911.

Thank you!~

Emeralgem
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I read in one of these threads that TH's parents were staying with her at the house. Is this still true, and I wonder if this news conference is a way to get TH's parents to get TH to talk?

I doubt seriously TH's parents are capable of getting her to do too much of anything if she doesn't want to do it....JMO