PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Up Questions About Going Ad Free On Websleuths.com

Tricia
07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi All,

This is off topic but I need to answer some questions I've been getting about ad free status and I thought I could put it here because many members read this forum everyday.

Hopefully this post will answer every one's questions or concerns.

For a one time fee of $35.00 you will have your Websleuths pages ad free for as long as you a member.

All you do is go to www.paypal.com and send the money to this email address: triciastidbits@yahoo.com . If you have a debit or credit card you can use it through Paypal. It is really easy to use.

If by chance you get banned after you have paid for ad free pages I would gladly refund your money.

If you change your mind for whatever reason in the first three months of being ad free I will gladly refund your money. If you want a refund after being ad free for 5 years I don't think that would be an option but I'm always open to new ideas. :)

Many people have asked me why Websleuths has ads. It's because I can't afford to pay the bills any longer out of my pocket. If my situation changes and I can afford to pay for things out of my pocket I will be ever so happy to take the ads off the forum.

The money from the ads and from the "ad free" option goes directly to the operating costs. In addition to the server fee I have other expenses such as lawyers and so on and so on and so on . . .

If you are having trouble getting Websleuths to load for you it could be the ads. If you are really have a tough time getting Websleuths to load and you can't afford to be ad free contact me and I'll take care of it. Believe me I know what it is like. 35 dollars might as well be 35 thousand if you don't have it. Been there and still doing that. LOL

Websleuths is growing every day and that is thanks to all of you and your fantastic posting and participation. Thank you.

Take care,
Tricia

AbbieNormal
07-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey Trish, which way is better for WS financially, to have the ads or to pay the $35 to not have them? Are the ads really bringing in enough to make a difference (I personally ignore them, sorry but I do)? I am curious, I love this board and would scrape $35 together if it would really help WS board out, but I wonder if over time the ads don't make you more than $35 (sorry, don't know exactly how they work, just know generally) Do we have to click on an ad for you to make any $? If so I would gladly click a few each time I am logged on.
Just curious.

abbie

Faenorwyn
07-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Just want to say thanks to Tricia and all the wonderful Mods for everything you do to keep WS a clean, victim friendly, and well moderated forum! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea so to speak, but I for one appreciate it!! :) Privacy is a very big deal to me and I'm sure anyone who is a victim of a crime, related to a victim/perp, friend of a victim/perp, etc. appreciates the fact that WS is very responsible when it comes to protecting that privacy and keeping everything running smoothly and on topic!! THANK YOU ALL!! I have been a lurker for years, a member for 2 years (this month in fact!!), and although I don't post a whole lot, I just really am proud to be a member of WS!!

NewsMuse
07-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Just want to say thanks to Tricia and all the wonderful Mods for everything you do to keep WS a clean, victim friendly, and well moderated forum! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea so to speak, but I for one appreciate it!! :) Privacy is a very big deal to me and I'm sure anyone who is a victim of a crime, related to a victim/perp, friend of a victim/perp, etc. appreciates the fact that WS is very responsible when it comes to protecting that privacy and keeping everything running smoothly and on topic!! THANK YOU ALL!! I have been a lurker for years, a member for 2 years (this month in fact!!), and although I don't post a whole lot, I just really am proud to be a member of WS!!

Exactly the same reason(s) I decided to join! I'm still learning my way around, but WS is very user-friendly. The hard work of Admin and Mods certainly shows in the well organized forums and threads.

butterfly1978
07-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey Trish, which way is better for WS financially, to have the ads or to pay the $35 to not have them? Are the ads really bringing in enough to make a difference (I personally ignore them, sorry but I do)? I am curious, I love this board and would scrape $35 together if it would really help WS board out, but I wonder if over time the ads don't make you more than $35 (sorry, don't know exactly how they work, just know generally) Do we have to click on an ad for you to make any $? If so I would gladly click a few each time I am logged on.
Just curious.

abbie

Tricia, I am wondering the same thing. Also about the WS wear. As soon as I get the money, I am ordering from the WS shop, I want a Tshirt so bad. I have wondered how you make money to keep this place going, I'm sure many of us here would help, just let us know what would help the most.

passionflower
07-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Tricia,
Does ad free mean less waiting time for blackberries etc to load?
Does it mean my verizon netbook would use less bytes?
Save me money? TIA