PDA

View Full Version : 2010.07.12 - TH accused of sexual affair

Pages : [1] 2

Kimster
07-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Kaine Horman's lawyer stated that authorities informed them that Michael Cook, who has known the 36-year-old father since high school, went to the Hormans' family home a few days after Kaine Horman moved out with the couple's 19-month-old daughter. Terri Horman showed him the confidential restraining order and Terri Horman pointed out "particular sections that were noteworthy."

Pictures of the restraining order were found on Cook's cell phone, according to documents, and Cook told investigators he shared information from the documents with at least two other people. <snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/24229196/detail.html

Kimster
07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
This thread is for more serious sleuthing of this topic. If you want to chat informally about this issue, please visit this thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of this issue. What does this tell us about TH's priorities at this juncture?

believe09
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Mr. Cook appears to have put himself smack dab in the middle of the fire, fwiw. I am going to cut to the chase and wonder if Mr. Cook was being groomed as the next hitman? Does he have a record?

RubyRed
07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Her priorities are definitely not Kyron. I think this whole mess is going to eventually lead to what happened to him.

Kimster
07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Can we slueth Cook now?

Not his personal life, no. You may sleuth open issues that could pertain to this case. :)

JBean
07-12-2010, 09:11 PM
ugly coping is a possibility.

I don't think that is the case but it cannot be discounted completely.

The most important aspect of it for me is that it speaks to character and the fact that the landscaper reported similar behavior according to today's article, it does lend credibility to the landscapers story.

Additionally, if she is behaving this way with one to three men, then imo, there could be others and that is important if we are looking for potential motives and accomplices. This is not normal behavior at time of crisis.

4BB
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Mr. Cook may be doing KH a favor. He could posssibly be the bait. May
I add that he and KH are friends on popular social networks?

matou
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Here are photos of MC putting up billboards for the search for Kyron. Is it really possible that Terri only met him on June 30th? I doubt it. JMO

http://web.me.com/owensfamily4/Bring_Kyron_Home/Photos.html#6

DidionFan
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I want to repost tonight's reporting from KATU (showing MC throughout various stages of the search for Kyron), mostly because they actually spoke to him on the phone, and he had no idea of today's court docs. He is now aware he's in a very public spotlight, so my guess is we won't see much of him for a while.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98272674.html?tab=video

As for TH's priorities, I will again add that no matter what emotional duress she is under, this was a very odd choice for "relationship" activities - high school friend of KH's - and court docs from today show she has been "fishing" around for supportive men and validation for a while, as the landscaper solicited for murder also received intimate texts. This is just not something one should be doing in marriage, and especially when there is a missing child. Someone in a previous forum said it best (paraphrasing): it makes it seem like, since Kyron isn't her biological child, she is not focused at all on finding him, but just gathering male support to favor her and get on with her own life.

JLMcKenna83
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
This just shows where her priorities are... And IMO, if you're "sexting" with someone you supposedly just met... then obviously there is a big problem there. Especially considering the predicament that she's in.

believe09
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Whats the date on the photos matou and was Terri at this event? Please tell me that is not her next to him on the shot of the Sylvan bridge hanging the poster, lol?

RubyRed
07-12-2010, 09:19 PM

The most important aspect of it for me is that it speaks to character and the fact that the landscaper reported similar behavior according to today's article, it does lend credibility to the landscapers story.

Additionally, if she is behaving this way with one to three men, then imo, there could be others and that is important if we are looking for potential motives and accomplices. This is not normal behavior at time of crisis.

It definitely is not normal behavior. I think this whole mess is going to lead to Kyron. Poor little guy.

DidionFan
07-12-2010, 09:20 PM

If he's doing him a favor, it wasn't intentional, IMO. If this info helps find Kyron, its just an accidental fallout from bad choices in relationships/horrific timing. MC told KATU he didn't know about the court docs, so he is not a "mole" working to help KH - again IMO.

eyes4crime
07-12-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm concerned about Terri's focus on distant sex. Is this an obsession? In 12 days she supposedly sent pictures of herself in various stages of dressing to Kain's long time friend. As children would say: The creep factor is sky rocketing. moo

ella971
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
At this point if he is not alive she has nothing left to lose.

Littleone48
07-12-2010, 09:24 PM
http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

On the bottom of page 10 it states that Terri did discuss how much she missed both kids but it was touched on briefly. I am thinking K mentioned this to CYA and that she may have discussed it more than what he wants the GP to beleive in this document KWIM? For him to make even a small mention of this just stood out to me.

I have no idea where this woman is coming from at this point. Maybe she just feels lost, maybe she is the type of person that needs to be wanted?

I would like to know how much Mr C and K hung out with each other before this happened? If they haven't seen each other much, why would he insert himself in the picture to the extent he did?

Round and round we go...but does any of this tell us where Kryon is?

AnaTeresa
07-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Playing devil's advocate - Michael Cook could easily have been at the house and taken pictures covertly or without TMH's knowledge.

I also find it odd that KH's attorney is stating that they didn't know each other until after Kyron vanished, and their affair began on 6/30. Not out of the realm of possibility, no, but the whole thing seems a bit fishy to me.

I'd be looking into how well Kaine and Michael know each other, actually, rather than TMH's alleged activities with MC.

JBean
07-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm concerned about Terri's focus on distant sex. Is this an obsession? In 12 days she supposedly sent pictures of her in various stages of dressing to Kain's long time friend. As children would say: The creep factor is sky rocketing. moo

which is exactly why ugly coping is not a totally outrageous explanation. This behavior is so bizzare in the wake of this whole event,I am not discounting that idea. KWIM?

Jules71
07-12-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.katu.com/news/local/96190844.html?tab=video

Previous interview with Michael - starts at about 1:37. The story was published Jun 11, 2010 at 6:40 PM PDT.

DidionFan
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM

BBM.

This is exactly how I feel about today's new information - especially the credibility it gives to the landscaper, and the fact that she would most likely not act alone. I firmly feel it is absolutely fair - and vital to finding Kyron - to explore and pressure (even releasing private affairs to the public) anyone who TH has approached in a relationship manner over the last...well, now...since the murder for hire timeframe. Given she seems to feel the need for assurance and support from men, her behavior towards the ones in her life is revealing to all working on the case trying to find Kyron, when TH is being evasive and not passing lie detector tests, et al. not to mention, getting involved in sinister murder plots. Why she wouldn't just leave KH is beyond me. I know it must be hard to be unemployed and wondering about her 18 month old baby and what she could do to keep her, but all this is spiraling into one bad choice after another. And all of it makes it very natural to assume she is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Indianagirl
07-12-2010, 09:31 PM
My question is, how/who brought this to the spotlight? How did Kaine/LE become aware of this relationship? Phone records?

Donjeta
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
IMO it does not look like grieving for Kyron's disappearance and trying to find him is very high on her list of priorities. Doing this while under a lot of scrutiny also shows a lack of judgment that concerns me because who knows what might have happened to Kyron if she exhibits the same lack of judgment in familial situations. It does not seem wise to give the prosecution (if any) this kind of ammunition that shoots down her own character and the image of a grieving stepmom who loved him like her own.

Dunno, maybe she thinks that she's finished anyway and decided to live it up and go out in a blaze but I don't think so because if she's done it before with the landscaper it seems like a recurring pattern.

Littleone48
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM

He is also friends with Terri.

Jules71
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
And isn't it odd that LE was privy to the text and pics on MC's cell phone. Wouldn't they need a search warrant to get that? It almost seems to me that Kaine put him up to this to try to get info.

KR2tonenow
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
My question is, how/who brought this to the spotlight? How did Kaine/LE become aware of this relationship? Phone records?

I think it was when LE was going through cell phone records they came across this/texts with MC.

Kat
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I have a quick question. If anyone knows I thank you in advance.

Did LE approach this man because they had seen so many texts and calls between him and TMH OR did this man approach LE on his own?

ETA: Nevermind the same question was posed above.

DidionFan
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM

I would like to know how much Mr C and K hung out with each other before this happened? If they haven't seen each other much, why would he insert himself in the picture to the extent he did?

According to KH per Willamette Week, BBM "Kaine Horman tells WW he hadn’t seen Michael Cook since high school, but Cook contacted the family after Kyron disappeared June 4. The two men went to high-school together in Seattle.

“The first time I’ve seen him since then was when Kyron went missing,” Kaine Horman says."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/12/court-doc-terri-horman-started-affair-after-kyron-disappeared/

Not that this tells us much about their friendship in high school. Some people are social network friends with everyone in their school history, they just blanket request friendships, and may never have been close. If they never kept in touch after high school, they may never even have been good friends. That doesn't stop people from adding people to networks, etc. Plus, they may have become friends after news releases of Kyron's disappearance.

My point is, I don't think they were that close, IMO. But they did know each other growing up. and then lost touch for years and years.

believe09
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Geesh, if 10% of the messages and photos are true, Mr. Cook is in the hot seat for sure, but it is white noise to me. Overall, we are looking at a woman who is either incredibly needy or is a black widow...JMO. Not enough info to pick yet as far as I am concerned, but like JBean posted, it may give us a window into how she found an accomplice or why Kyron was taken at all.

RubyRed
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM

Calliope mentioned in the other thread that this could have been a set up.

ZL27
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
which is exactly why ugly coping is not a totally outrageous explanation. This behavior is so bizzare in the wake of this whole event,I am not discounting that idea. KWIM?

Your husband dies, your child dies, some other awful but relatively normal tragedy happens in your life....I buy ugly coping. Your stepson is missing (and it's only been a few weeks)...I don't buy it. If you had nothing to do with it, you'd be doing everything you can to clear yourself so LE can focus their attention on the search for the real kidnapper/killer AND spending the rest of your time trying to find him to bring joy or closure to your husband.

believe09
07-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Cook was approached and interviewed by LE-that is how I am reading it. I mean, we are talking about the FBI here and the Patriot 2 act...the house may be bugged and her computer hacked.

DidionFan
07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
And isn't it odd that LE was privy to the text and pics on MC's cell phone. Wouldn't they need a search warrant to get that? It almost seems to me that Kaine put him up to this to try to get info.

My guess is that they are privy to TH's cell records.

matou
07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Whats the date on the photos matou and was Terri at this event? Please tell me that is not her next to him on the shot of the Sylvan bridge hanging the poster, lol?

Not sure who the lady is on the bridge but the Katu story of the banner hanging was on June 11th.

From the artcile:

Old friends of Kyron’s father, Kaine, placed four large banners above Highway 26 Friday: two at the Cornelius Pass Road Exit and two on Sylvan Hill.

“I’ve got a 6-year-old boy, and if he went missing, I hope my friends would help me out too,” said Michael Cook.

Cook said he’s been friends with Kaine since high school - more than 20 years - but he had little insight into how the family coping.

“I can’t really say, he said. “How would anyone be doing?”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96190844.html

SummerRaye
I need some help with the term "ugly coping". TIA....i have learned through Mr. Google that it is not coping the way one should cope...is this true?

i just want to understand.

eyes4crime

Hi JBean. Never heard of the term 'ugly coping'. If it's the same as dysfunctional, inappropriate behavior, I agree. I'm wondering about Terri's history regarding sex. Wonder if she has one outside of 16 yo and 21/2 years ago and what might be inbetween all those years. Yikes!

mtnone
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Snipped by me:

I do wonder what parts of what Mr. Cook heard from the reporter today, he says are not true, since this is coming from court documents and LE.

But, I agree with the above post. This guy got my attention just a couple of weeks into this. He was the only one being interviewed in print and on TV, he gave his name freely. He organized the vigil, he hung banners, he put up or was involved with the website, etc... I googled him only because of his out front involvement. I don't remember finding anything of interest. But, he bugged me because experience in cases have taught us to be wary of those that try to install themselves into the investigation, helping with searches, etc...

Now to hear that we hadn't even met Terri until after June 4? WTH? How much was he friends with Kaine to never have met her? Not very, I would have to think. So why him? Why so involved in an out front way so soon? Why not closer friends?

I would like to know if he contacted LE or if LE contacted him first about this latest news, if any of the posts or documents today have said, I missed it.

This guy got my attention before, and he has even more of it now. He may just be a lonely bored guy that likes attention and nothing more, but he bugs me.

If these things are true, it tells me a great deal about Terri as a person and it makes it easier for me to understand how she could be the type of person that could have done great harm to Kyron. This is not rational behavior, but by asking him to lie, she clearly knows right from wrong.

She wants out of her marriage, she (maybe) tries to arrange a hit on Kaine. She doesn't want Kyron, or wants to punish others, he is gone. She (maybe) tries to find away to sneak possession of her daughter away from Kaine at the gym, prior to the RO. Now all this.

This is a woman that does what she wants, regardless of possible consequences or other avenues available for her to do them. I believe this woman is dangerous. Why on earth did they not block the address of where Kaine and the baby were staying? How did that help protect them from her?

This case makes me sick and drives me nuts. :banghead:

GingerRed
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
“The first time I’ve seen him since then was when Kyron went missing,” Kaine Horman says."

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/12/court-doc-terri-horman-started-affair-after-kyron-disappeared/

Ok, I just have to say: that's fishy.

ami
07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Isn't it standard when a child is missing to look at affairs and affair partners of both of the parents? I'm not surprised at all that a) they looked into it and b) they consider it relevant to the investigation as a potential motive. At this point, anything that demonstrates poor boundaries, secrecy, lies and manipulation should be followed up.

adh74
07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Mr. Cook appears to have put himself smack dab in the middle of the fire, fwiw. I am going to cut to the chase and wonder if [MC] was being groomed as the next hitman? Does he have a record?

Yup! My thoughts EXACTLY! Especially since they are saying that the "sexting" she did with him closely resembles what she did with the landscaper guy. Methinks this is not new behavior for TH!

Oh...aren't we also supposed to call the guy "MC" in leiu of his name? I'm editing it out of your quote in my post. But you might want to go back and edit it in yours.

carole
07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Is he one of Kaine's friends that put up the website, then decided to take the website down later? We were all wondering why it wouldn't have been left up since Kyron was still missing?

Kimster
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I guess I was wrong...I thought he put his personal life out there when he helped TH.....re: documents from court..Oh well...

I need to get out of here....going to go out for a huge Ice Cream...

If there is something found that has to do with this case, it is okay to bring it to our attention. If MC is arrested for what he did, then even more information can be discussed. At this point, we don't know how involved he is or that he's even committed a crime, KWIM?

fhc
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Her ugly coping seems to mirror Casey's, but Terri is almost 20 years older! jmo

ZL27
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I need some help with the term "ugly coping". TIA....i have learned through Mr. Google that it is not coping the way one should cope...is this true?

i just want to understand.

This blog gives a good summary on how the term ugly coping came to be...

http://open.salon.com/blog/scupper/2009/05/01/the_rot_of_ugly_coping

SummerRaye
07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
i need to know more about ugly coping!!!! someone help!!!

SummerRaye
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
This blog gives a good summary on how the term ugly coping came to be...

http://open.salon.com/blog/scupper/2009/05/01/the_rot_of_ugly_coping

you rock....thank you thank you thank you

ElizaAvalon
IMO, KC was ugly coping her whole life. It didn't just start when she murdered her beautiful baby girl.

Just sayin'.

ZL27
Yup! My thoughts EXACTLY! Especially since they are saying that the "sexting" she did with him closely resembles what she did with the landscaper guy. Methinks this is not new behavior for TH!

Oh...aren't we also supposed to call the guy "MC" in leiu of his name? I'm editing it out of your quote in my post. But you might want to go back and edit it in yours.

Earlier tonight, Kimster gave us permission to use his name since it's been so widely reported in the MSM. But that thread got moved to the parking lot, so you probably missed it.

grandmaj
07-12-2010, 09:53 PM

If it was a set up then I think the FBI and LE were in on it because they had the phone texts,, pics, and conversations. MOO I'm not sure yet on this.. It could just be they caught her with a bugged phone doing this and called Mr. C. in to question him.

I can't even believe she would trust her phone. I mean even Misty C. knew her phone was bugged. KWIM? This is just outrageous not thought out behavior.

JBean
07-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Bonanno defines ugly coping as "behavior that is generally not healthy or socially acceptable, but it is one's way of getting through an undesirable event."

Kat
07-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know how far back they can request the cell phone records? Also, how far back can they pull up and review text messages? TIA I have no clue about these things.

ZL27
07-12-2010, 09:54 PM

There's a really good 48 Hours or Dateline on that case.

SummerRaye
07-12-2010, 09:57 PM
There's a really good 48 Hours or Dateline on that case.

and i shall look. that means i am waay to invested in this case. for good reason.

As i have stated before...i don't have kids. I dont want kids and that is by choice and by health problems....but when i see stuff like this happen to an adorable little boy....i become invested. I will remain invested until this kiddo is found.

ZL27
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know how far back they can request the cell phone records? Also, how far back can they pull up and review text messages? TIA I have no clue about these things.

Here's a good summary:
http://www.slate.com/id/2190382

RubyRed
07-12-2010, 09:59 PM
If it was a set up then I think the FBI and LE were in on it because they had the phone texts,, pics, and conversations. MOO I'm not sure yet on this.. It could just be they caught her with a bugged phone doing this and called Mr. C. in to question him.

I can't even believe she would trust her phone. I mean even Misty C. knew her phone was bugged. KWIM? This is just outrageous not thought out behavior.

Exactly, outrageous behavior. I think her ongoing mistakes will lead to Kyron.

BetteDavisEyes
07-12-2010, 10:02 PM
At the press conference with the four parents that was an uncomfortable situation for all of them, I thought that TMH's body language reeked of sexuality. I was too :ashamed0005: to post about it and PMd a member to ask about his/her impressions of the presser to see if anyone else noticed this.

Yes, I saw fear and discomfort in TMH's behaviors, but when she rubbed up against Kaine, I felt that this woman exuded sex. The movement was inappropriate under the circumstances but she seemed unable to control her impulses. While the other three parents were expressing shock and sadness regarding the disappearance of this little boy, TMH wanted... well you know what I mean ;) Frankly, I'm not the least bit surprised to learn about Terri's extra-curricular "activities". jmo

sogren
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
At the press conference with the four parents that was an uncomfortable situation for all of them, I thought that TMH's body language reeked of sexuality. I was too :ashamed0005: to post about it and PMd a member to ask about his/her impressions of the presser to see if anyone else noticed this.

Yes, I saw fear and discomfort in TMH's behaviors, but when she rubbed up against Kaine, I felt that this woman exuded sex. The movement was inappropriate under the circumstances but she seemed unable to control her impulses. While the other three parents were expressing shock and sadness regarding the disappearance of this little boy, TMH wanted... well you know what I mean ;) Frankly, I'm not the least bit surprised to learn about Terri's extra-curricular "activities". jmo

I noticed this too, and I am also not surprised by these latest developments. Thank you for posting this.

TxLady2
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM

I respect your opinion, and don't entirely disagree. However, there are people, both men and women, who resort to "snuggling" any time they are stressed. Since he was her husband, maybe she didn't think it was inappropriate. I don't know about everyone else, but I could only see her from the waist up, so didn't notice the rubbing. Sorry.
But... I wouldn't get that close to my hubby on national t.v., it's just not who I am. I was raised with the belief that there is a time and place for intimate hugs and kisses, and that would not be one of them. But she might have thought nothing of it.... except to send a signal to the ex: he's mine, now, so back off! Come to think of it... that might be it!

TxLady2
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
But the real question is:
Does this filing on behalf of Kaine Hormon attract or distract, clarify or muddy the issue on finding Kryon Horman?

snipped for space:
I don't know, but my guess is, it is not helping. I think it just muddies the waters, it's not going to bring Kyron home, and she will probably just withdraw even more and refuse to speak.

DairyGirl
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
I want to repost tonight's reporting from KATU (showing MC throughout various stages of the search for Kyron), mostly because they actually spoke to him on the phone, and he had no idea of today's court docs. He is now aware he's in a very public spotlight, so my guess is we won't see much of him for a while.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98272674.html?tab=video

As for TH's priorities, I will again add that no matter what emotional duress she is under, this was a very odd choice for "relationship" activities - high school friend of KH's - and court docs from today show she has been "fishing" around for supportive men and validation for a while, as the landscaper solicited for murder also received intimate texts. This is just not something one should be doing in marriage, and especially when there is a missing child. Someone in a previous forum said it best (paraphrasing): it makes it seem like, since Kyron isn't her biological child, she is not focused at all on finding him, but just gathering male support to favor her and get on with her own life.

I thought the problem was that Kyron wasn't her biological child but to see how quickly she moved on from losing her own child I realize that once the child has served it's purpose she has no use for them. I am glad that KH got baby K out of there. She was in great danger once she got tired of her.

wondering1
07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Here’s a question.. if Kaine and baby K were at an undisclosed address (on a SEALED document), then why does Terri’s copy of the RO have that address on it? I smell a rat (set up) and it really stinks.
The timeline of the served document comes into question as well.

It was sealed to protect the investigation, not KH, and KH put his address on the petition for the RO. Why he didn't restrict it, I have no idea.

TH would have been served with the petition along with the RO. At least that's the way it works here. So she knows what the allegations against her are.

DairyGirl
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM

She is probably going to get a bat phone. They sell them at Freddie's.

cj1132
07-12-2010, 10:59 PM
IIRC, TH was adopted. Maybe because of her bio parents giving her up, she had a need to feel wanted and this may have played a part in the decisions she's made throughout her life. JMO

Calliope
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM

I think it was.

And Terri took the bait.

Aedrys
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM

This is beyond ugly coping, IMO. This is full blown psycho coping. What in the HELL is she doing inviting a former friend of Kaine's into her home and showing him the restraining order? And sexting? OMG this is NOT the time to be sexting! What is she, stuck in high school?

Wow this woman is wacko. I am really scared because I am not sure what she is capable of in this state. She needs good psychiatric care and needs to be off of the streets for awhile. I'm afraid she's going to do something to hurt herself or someone else. If I was Kaine, I would NOT be moving back into the family home at this point. Who knows what else she's done in there.

I am not getting a good feeling about this at all. I really do hope they arrest her this week, why haven't they already for violating the order?

winterrose
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM

This is MC's site...

This was the first big project that we completed with the help of all of the generous donations from our fellow SC Alums and other friends. THANK YOU for your continued support! You’re helping keep Kyron’s picture out there and keeping him on everyone’s mind.

Under the photo on this page he posts...
KATU found us first... we didn’t ask for it...
First where was this money put,who was in charge of it and I hope it's been regulated.Also,why did he make a point of saying "we didn't ask for it".As if he was justifying the media coming to him and I wonder how would the media have known he was hanging a banner?There's hardly anyone there.

Aedrys
07-12-2010, 11:29 PM

If this is a setup, she is the most gullible, most stupid person on the planet. Good lord they got a lot if this was a setup. I don't think so. Come on guys, this is not a massive conspiracy against TH. She is doing all of this wacko stuff herself. I usually use this quote when talking about another case, but you can't make this stuff up!

SuziQ
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM

AFAIK, years. I'd bet that LE has all of that between TH and the landscaper. That would be one way of being able to make the comparision that's in the Contempt Motion.

passionflower
07-12-2010, 11:33 PM
This is an awful thought but did TH think getting rid of the kids and KH would give her better chances with eligible men???
She lost her own 16 year old back to his grandparents, but I bet she never figured she would lose baby girl to KH.
TH wanted KH dead and maybe she did kill KYRON just to be free for a man!
Diane Downs did it for a man IIRC. JMOO

Calliope

I'll work on fleshing out my theory, but for now IMO this was Sting II.

I don't think the FBI likes being made to look the fool. I don't believe that a friend from 20 years ago just *happened* to appear on the scene after Kyron went missing or that he just *happened* to decide to play good samaritan to Terri 2 days after Kaine fled with baby K.

In fact.... I wouldn't be surprised if "Mike Cook" isn't who we think he is ;)

wondering1

This is MC's site...

This was the first big project that we completed with the help of all of the generous donations from our fellow SC Alums and other friends. THANK YOU for your continued support! You’re helping keep Kyron’s picture out there and keeping him on everyone’s mind.

Under the photo on this page he posts...
KATU found us first... we didn’t ask for it...
First where was this money put,who was in charge of it and I hope it's been regulated.Also,why did he make a point of saying "we didn't ask for it".As if he was justifying the media coming to him and I wonder how would the media have known he was hanging a banner?There's hardly anyone there.

who is the owensfamily in the url?

AlexisFresca
07-12-2010, 11:34 PM
This is an awful thought but did TH think getting rid of the kids and KH would give her better chances with eligible men???
She lost her own 16 year old back to his grandparents, but I bet she never figured she would lose baby girl to KH.
TH wanted KH dead and maybe she did kill KYRON just to be free for a man!
Diane Downs did it for a man IIRC. JMOO

So did Susan Smith, that 'business man' she was having an affair with. :( (Btw, she's asking for a new trial! :eek:)

SuziQ
07-12-2010, 11:36 PM
This is beyond ugly coping, IMO. This is full blown psycho coping. What in the HELL is she doing inviting a former friend of Kaine's into her home and showing him the restraining order? And sexting? OMG this is NOT the time to be sexting! What is she, stuck in high school?

Wow this woman is wacko. I am really scared because I am not sure what she is capable of in this state. She needs good psychiatric care and needs to be off of the streets for awhile. I'm afraid she's going to do something to hurt herself or someone else. If I was Kaine, I would NOT be moving back into the family home at this point. Who knows what else she's done in there.

I am not getting a good feeling about this at all. I really do hope they arrest her this week, why haven't they already for violating the order?

I think she went to his house then asked him to lie to her attorney about it. IIRC.

ETA: it appears they were two different events. I stand corrected.

Calliope
07-12-2010, 11:37 PM
If this is a setup, she is the most gullible, most stupid person on the planet. Good lord they got a lot if this was a setup. I don't think so. Come on guys, this is not a massive conspiracy against TH. She is doing all of this wacko stuff herself. I usually use this quote when talking about another case, but you can't make this stuff up!

I didn't say it was a conspiracy against Terri.

grandmaj
07-12-2010, 11:38 PM

I don't think the FBI likes being made to look the fool. I don't believe that a friend from 20 years ago just *happened* to appear on the scene after Kyron went missing or that he just *happened* to decide to play good samaritan to Terri 2 days after Kaine fled with baby K.

I agree. I've been hedging on this since I read it but tend to lean toward a sting.

mrsu
07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Okay....something is not adding up here. They are old friends from high school...they haven't been in contact until AFTER Kyron went missing???

According to this video with Mike Cook he says "Terri and Kaine live right up the street from me." Wha??????????? They were out of touch friends and he lives right down the street??? Hmmmmm.....

Check out about 1:50 in the video...
http://www.kgw.com/news/Court-doc-Kaine-Terri-Horman-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

Aedrys
07-12-2010, 11:40 PM

That doesn't mean anything. I have a lot of people I went to high school and junior high with on my friends list. A lot of them don't even post and we hardly talk. I mostly added them because I knew who they were and I don't add people I don't know. It doesn't mean I'm buddy buddy with most of them. In fact, places like Facebook encourage you to add high school classmates and the like. There's groups for high schools and such. I don't think this means anything.

Plus, her behavior is so jaw dropping, I doubt this was a setup. I mean wanting some information is one thing, you really think KH was wanting sexting messages too?

I just can't believe this. I step away for most of the day and login, and find this! WTF is going on? Is she deluded? Just stupid? I can't believe this. What in God's green earth was she thinking? Something is not right in her head.

A_Closer_Look
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM

This is an extremely interesting theory, and one that makes the most sense regarding this recent news. Something about this guy just showing up the way he did, and then suddenly involved in this recent situation... I just could not wrap my head around. But this... this theory makes sense to me! Thank you!

Littleone48
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM

LOL who do we "think" he is? :innocent:

Aedrys
07-12-2010, 11:43 PM
This is an extremely interesting theory, and one that makes the most sense regarding this recent news. Something about this guy just showing up the way he did, and then suddenly involved in this recent situation... I just could not wrap my head around. But this... this theory makes sense to me! Thank you!

I have to admit, it could make sense. I still don't believe it because if it is true, this woman just gave them the equivalent of a gold mine. Holy Cow.

DidionFan
07-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Okay....something is not adding up here. They are old friends from high school...they haven't been in contact until AFTER Kyron went missing???

According to this video with Mike Cook he says "Terri and Kaine live right up the street from me." Wha??????????? They were out of touch friends and he lives right down the street??? Hmmmmm.....

http://www.kgw.com/news/Court-doc-Kaine-Terri-Horman-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html

Yeah, this ups my curiosity as well - and my questions. I was not aware they were neighbors! It also did register with me that the photos LE have seen (of the sexting) are of Respondent (TH), no mention of MC and his participation other than he, well, participated, texted. They didn't say he responded with photos....Rather curious.

Perhaps he is a noble mole?

Calliope
07-12-2010, 11:47 PM
LOL who do we "think" he is? :innocent:

Mike Cook, long-lost friend of Kaine and Good Samaritan to estranged wives of friends, texter and Googler extraordinaire. Esq.

Littleone48
07-12-2010, 11:49 PM

Can anyone remember when he showed up? I know the first time was when he was hanging banners but what was the date? Were they on to Terri by this time? For him to be a mole it seems he was involved in the case very early on.

passionflower
07-12-2010, 11:50 PM
I just had terrible thought.....Did KYRON find out about TH cheating on dad?
Was he going to tell???
and TH did something to keep KYRON from talking to anyone about her secret life???

BetteDavisEyes
07-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I respect your opinion, and don't entirely disagree. However, there are people, both men and women, who resort to "snuggling" any time they are stressed. Since he was her husband, maybe she didn't think it was inappropriate. I don't know about everyone else, but I could only see her from the waist up, so didn't notice the rubbing. Sorry.
But... I wouldn't get that close to my hubby on national t.v., it's just not who I am. I was raised with the belief that there is a time and place for intimate hugs and kisses, and that would not be one of them. But she might have thought nothing of it.... except to send a signal to the ex: he's mine, now, so back off! Come to think of it... that might be it!

I understand the concept of seeking comfort in the arms of another person, but what I saw was a full-front torso press. Much more in this body language than "snuggling": It is forward, aggressive, and given that it's a female pressing against a male, very sexual in nature. I doubt that Terri gave any consideration to whether or not the behavior was appropriate or not. In that regard, your comment about the signal to the ex might be right on ;) jmo

wondering1
07-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Can anyone remember when he showed up? I know the first time was when he was hanging banners but what was the date? Were they on to Terri by this time? For him to be a mole it seems he was involved in the case very early on.

no later than June 11th

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-_DEui44wlQJ:www.katu.com/news/96190844.html+michael+cook+spoken+with+kaine+june+ 2010&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Littleone48
07-12-2010, 11:59 PM
no later than June 11th

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-_DEui44wlQJ:www.katu.com/news/96190844.html+michael+cook+spoken+with+kaine+june+ 2010&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thank you...

By this time they were searching the Island and the rumors had already been stated about the "pings" so it is possible that he is a mole and has been involved from very early on IMO.

Justin Tyme

I'm with you on that. Not only would I not move back into that house, I wouldn't eat or drink anything left in there. I would have to sterilize everything for fear that she may have poisoned something. I'd even go as far as throwing away shampoo and toothpaste, toothbrushes etc.
As I understand it. the story started that TH was friends with Kyron's Mother first and that when she got sick that TH took over as Kyron's Mother. I've wondered what kind of medical condition did Kyron's real Mom have. Could it have been caused by something that TH had been giving her and it was not detected? It's a thought that just won't leave my mind. I at first thought that Kyron may have been taken by an older child as I felt that an older child was involved. But I have since learned that TH's older son was put out of the home...so, this may be the older child connection that I felt. From what we have learned of TH thus far I fear that she is a mentally unstable person. Here her step-son is missing, her husband has taken her daughter and she decides it's time to have an affair. Her mind is not right. I wonder if it ever was. My sadness is for Kyron.

wondering1

I understand the concept of seeking comfort in the arms of another person, but what I saw what a full-front torso press. Much more in this body language than "snuggling": It is forward, aggressive, and given that it's a female pressing against a male, very sexual in nature. I doubt that Terri gave any consideration to whether or not the behavior was appropriate or not. In that regard, your comment about the signal to the ex might be right on ;) jmo

I have wondered if TH herself was abused as a child. jmothoughts

Chili Fries
07-13-2010, 12:00 AM

I think "right up the street" is relative. From what I can find he lives close to them when you consider how big Portland is. He lives about 7 miles away. That is very close and a coincidence when you are talking about high school friends who have just reconnected. I think that's what Cook meant when he said right up the street. Right up the main road, NW Cornelius Pass Road.

RubyRed
07-13-2010, 12:03 AM
I think "right up the street" is relative. From what I can find he lives close to them when you consider how big Portland is. He lives about 7 miles away. That is very close and a coincidence when you are talking about high school friends who have just reconnected. I think that's what Cook meant when he said right up the street. Right up the main road, NW Cornelius Pass Road.

bbm

Is that the road he lives on?

wondering1
07-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Thank you...

By this time they were searching the Island and the rumors had already been stated about the "pings" so it is possible that he is a mole and has been involved from very early on IMO.

He does seem to be very forthcoming...just sayin'

debirlfan
07-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Playing devil's advocate - Michael Cook could easily have been at the house and taken pictures covertly or without TMH's knowledge.

I also find it odd that KH's attorney is stating that they didn't know each other until after Kyron vanished, and their affair began on 6/30. Not out of the realm of possibility, no, but the whole thing seems a bit fishy to me.

I'd be looking into how well Kaine and Michael know each other, actually, rather than TMH's alleged activities with MC.

Yeah, something here just doesn't pass the smell test. Why would he have gone over to the house in the first place, and if they were hiding KH and the baby from TH, then why would her copy of the papers have had their address on them - wouldn't it have been blacked out? The way I see it, we only have MC's word that it was TH's copy of the RO that he saw/photographed.

I also find this whole "affair" a little odd, too. Of course, if someone else got ahold of TH's cell phone, they could have sent anything to anybody with it...

tehcloser
07-13-2010, 12:06 AM

Wasn't there a search done at a neighbor's house?

Chili Fries
07-13-2010, 12:09 AM
If he was some kind of plant you'd think LE would not have let Kaine possibly separate him from Terri with the contempt of court filing. I know the other sting was blown but that was a very different thing, a spur of the moment issue involving beat cops. This is a whole different type of thing, it didn't unfold on a moment's notice.

Chili Fries
07-13-2010, 12:11 AM
bbm

Is that the road he lives on?

I believe he lives near the Rock Creek Golf Course.

Aedrys
07-13-2010, 12:13 AM

Yeah, I learned when I moved to Oklahoma that right up the street didn't mean a few blocks, it meant many miles. If it's used the same in Oregon, he could say that and live miles away. Now in Louisiana, right up the street meant a few blocks, lol.

winterrose
07-13-2010, 12:14 AM
who is the owensfamily in the url?

http://srnpdx.org/kyron-horman

Skyline Ridge Neighbors site,at the bottom it has the vigil and the woman who wrote it is also in the photo with MC on the bridge.They both went to school with Kaine,there is another woman part of the friends he went to school with having that last name.I assume it's her site.So,a group of people who went to school with him came together and helping in all they could in finding Kyron.

Emeralgem
07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
I have to admit, it could make sense. I still don't believe it because if it is true, this woman just gave them the equivalent of a gold mine. Holy Cow.

Just color me totally clueless...JMO

DidionFan
07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Thank you...

Not sleuthing, but I am curious what MC's professional background is. Specifically, wondering if he is in a legal field, or security. IMO, I wouldn't put TH and him together on a quick glance. Also, he seemed so alert and active and ready to get involved on the get go after hearing of Kyron missing. Or maybe it would just ease my mind a bit.

Calliope
07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
If he was some kind of plant you'd think LE would not have let Kaine possibly separate him from Terri with the contempt of court filing. I know the other sting was blown but that was a very different thing, a spur of the moment issue involving beat cops. This is a whole different type of thing, it didn't unfold on a moment's notice.

*continuing to think on my theory*

Considering what this latest news has told us of how Terri operates and her horribly inappropriate behavior, I wonder if she flirted or came on to him early on, and he went to Kaine / LE.... and the plan snowballed from there.

Etilema
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM

I understood it to mean that MC and TH hadn't been in contact. Meaning that KH and MC were friends, but that MC didn't really strike up a friendship with TH until after Kyron went missing.

Etilema
07-13-2010, 12:23 AM
I understood it to mean that MC and TH hadn't been in contact. Meaning that KH and MC were friends, but that MC didn't really strike up a friendship with TH until after Kyron went missing.

Quoting myself! Just played the video linked earlier (www.kgw.com/news/Court-doc-Kaine-Terri-Horman-kyron-horman-contempt-sexting-98270654.html) and MC did say that he hadn't met TH or Kyron previously. So I think he was just a friend of KH's before.

Sooner Fan#1
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Not his personal life, no. You may sleuth open issues that could pertain to this case. :)

lol...umm kay

winterrose
07-13-2010, 12:32 AM

The interesting thing is Terri was involved in community things,MC jumped right into this community need to help find Kyron.People usually don't jump into the forefront of things,unless it's something they normally do.Having sons around the same age and Kyron was involved in swimming classes,soccer and cubscouts,they lived close,I find it kind of hard to believe they've never met or seen each other before.

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't see this as any kind of sting operation, why would he be out there doing interviews with kgw? That would be super-unprofessional.

I think he is a flake who wanted to be important and be a part of all of the drama of Kyron going missing, and probably volunteered to organize some of the stuff for searchers, or whatever. And Terri probably did some flirting initially and then brought it up a notch after Kaine left her. She needs to have someone on her side, needed help getting groceries in, etc...I think she is just using him and he is a (unusual person).

Cher352
07-13-2010, 12:52 AM

That is what I am wondering about too the timing too, and how good of friends were K and M??

Personally I think the KH's lawyer should have not gone public with this latest info. Sure it sways what the public might think of TH but what does that do to help find Kyron??? Seems like KH and DY are more interested in character assassination than finding their child.

txsvicki
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
LE used the lawn guy to try and get info from Terri, so they might get this one to find out what he can as well. Both men have most likely been interrogated for hours and been accused of everything in the book, so they're probably willing to help. I figure there was more than sexting going on. A person wouldn't expect a man to kill for them if they hadn't even slept together. Sexting would be a lure and a way to keep them interested if any of this is true.

mrsu
07-13-2010, 01:00 AM

<snip>

Kaine Horman and Michael Cook, 37, both attended Shoreline High School north of Seattle where they both played football. Cook was one of a few of Kaine's friends from high school who ended up moving to Portland. Kaine had tried to reconnect with him once Cook moved to Portland, but they never did until Cook showed up at their home after Kyron's disappearance.

Along with two others, Cook, who is divorced with a son, helped organize the first vigil for Kyron. He was later seen at Kaine and Terri's home after Kaine moved out, picking up the mail and bringing in food and drink to Terri, her friends and relatives. He told The Oregonian he was just trying to be supportive in a time of need.

When asked why he was spending so much time at the home shortly after Kaine had moved out, Cook said of Terri, "I'm better friends with her now. I just care about them and want their son to be found."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyrons_stepmom_wont_contest_he.html

I knew they were friends from high school, but apparently they had never reconnected since the move to Portland. I still think it's odd that he appeared out of nowhere.

alwaysonmymind
07-13-2010, 01:07 AM
[QUOTE=txsvicki;5398040]

-------->A person wouldn't expect a man to kill for them if they hadn't even slept together.

This shows how far off the 'crazy train' track this case has gone. What the he77 is this woman thinking and where is Kyron??!!

Aedrys
07-13-2010, 01:07 AM
If this was a sting, I can just hear the instructions they gave him:

Okay, Mike, here's what we want you to do. Terri likes attention, so give her attention. Let her know you're interested, nevermind the fact that you went to high school with Kaine and she's suspected with hurting/murdering a child. Don't even think about that. Just make her think you want her, yeah. That'll work.

Oh, and she loves using her cellphone, so if she sexts you, then sext her back and keeping it going for as long as possible. We wants pics and text. No, really. We do.

And those documents, the RO. She'll have that. Even though it's clearly against the law, we're advising you to make sure you get a look at them, and oh, show it to a friend or two as well. We know how it sounds or looks, but we're LE telling you this, so it's okay to do. You won't get into trouble, we promise.

Okay, so you know what to do now? Seduce her. Get pics and texts with her. See those documents. Buddy, you don't know what a gold mine you're getting for us. This is going to be awesome! Um, er, we mean, very helpful in finding Kyron!

Just remember, the more you get on her, the more we'll have and the faster we'll put her away. We know you can do it! And no, no one will suspect this is a sting at all. No one will see it coming, especially Terri.

As much I see hints of it, I really don't think this was a sting. Sexts - pics and text - coming on to a crazy maybe murderer, and clearly breaking the law? LE wants facts, not tabloid fodder. And I don't even think Kaine would go this far, I really don't.

KeyboardCat
07-13-2010, 01:10 AM
I have a quick question, if a post of mine has been deleted by a moderator, have I done something wrong? I hope I'm not in trouble. My post was regarding Terri's motive, if guilty. Is there subject matter there we can't touch?

I apologize ;;

wondering1
07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
If this was a sting, I can just hear the instructions they gave him:

Okay, Mike, here's what we want you to do. Terri likes attention, so give her attention. Let her know you're interested, nevermind the fact that you went to high school with Kaine and she's suspected with hurting/murdering a child. Don't even think about that. Just make her think you want her, yeah. That'll work.

Oh, and she loves using her cellphone, so if she sexts you, then sext her back and keeping it going for as long as possible. We wants pics and text. No, really. We do.

And those documents, the RO. She'll have that. Even though it's clearly against the law, we're advising you to make sure you get a look at them, and oh, show it to a friend or two as well. We know how it sounds or looks, but we're LE telling you this, so it's okay to do. You won't get into trouble, we promise.

Okay, so you know what to do now? Seduce her. Get pics and texts with her. See those documents. Buddy, you don't know what a gold mine you're getting for us. This is going to be awesome! Um, er, we mean, very helpful in finding Kyron!

Just remember, the more you get on her, the more we'll have and the faster we'll put her away. We know you can do it! And no, no one will suspect this is a sting at all. No one will see it coming, especially Terri.

As much I see hints of it, I really don't think this was a sting. Sexts - pics and text - coming on to a crazy maybe murderer, and clearly breaking the law? LE wants facts, not tabloid fodder. And I don't even think Kaine would go this far, I really don't.

given what I believe to be her personality type, maybe she approached him when she was getting *we're on to you* vibes from the rest of the parents. Maybe he told LE about that, and maybe that's when a plan was put in place. He says he didn't sleep with her, there's no allegation that he put himself out there in a majorly significant way, like sending explicit photos of himsel. And he has, apparently, been very forthcoming. Plus, he did it all on his cellie. Why not get on the laptop? LE is not wanting to have to look at two devices?

Emma Peel
07-13-2010, 01:23 AM

Just here to vouch for BDE's awesomeness. She nailed the body lingo - just nailed it! :highfive:

I picked up on nothing other than thinking perhaps Terri was uncomfortable wishing she'd gone to the bathroom. :angel:

RubyRed
07-13-2010, 01:26 AM
I have a quick question, if a post of mine has been deleted by a moderator, have I done something wrong? I hope I'm not in trouble. My post was regarding Terri's motive, if guilty. Is there subject matter there we can't touch?

I apologize ;;

I am sure you are fine, but here is the list of mods, ask one of them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

newone
07-13-2010, 01:35 AM
IIRC, TH was adopted. Maybe because of her bio parents giving her up, she had a need to feel wanted and this may have played a part in the decisions she's made throughout her life. JMO

Do you have a link for that information? Maybe as an adoptee she felt she was second best growing up ... etc etc. and doesn't like the second fiddle routine at the best of times.

newone
07-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Her ugly coping seems to mirror Casey's, but Terri is almost 20 years older! jmo

....and a good 100 pounds heavier.....her low self esteem could mean she's a desperado cougar

scandi
07-13-2010, 01:54 AM

On HLN today a TH said they had something going on together years ago and have just recently 'rekindled' that relationship. That was the word used on TV. Knowing now about her sexting and sending him sex photos of herself you would almost have to believe they are taking off where they left off, right? I mean that would be quite a jump if it wasn't a sexual relationship before, eh?

It just T's me off that while we have imagined her all spooked out and helpless except for the power of her attny that backs her up, she has had her mind on sex and further retaliation to Kaine because he hurt her so much. Real, but unbelievable IMO

SoCalSleuth
07-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Something is not right about this guy, about him showing up after decades, about him taking such a close role with the vigil, family, etc. after no contact for years, and then having a relationship with Terri after Kaine moves out. Hinky meter on overtime!

scandi
07-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Something is not right about this guy, about him showing up after decades, about him taking such a close role with the vigil, family, etc. after no contact for years, and then having a relationship with Terri after Kaine moves out. Hinky meter on overtime!

What cha thinking SoCalSleuth? To me it sounds like he was setting her up to spill some beans. It is beyond my imagination to believe she finds this guy . . . . . . :angel: He must have built up her ego or something. IMO

winterrose
07-13-2010, 02:26 AM
I can't find where that white truck was parked at the end of someone's road around there,can someone give me the street again,please?Actually it was twice wasn't it?

If it wasn't set up,how crazy is that,Kaine's high school friend hanging out with Terri and showing his loyalty to her,instead of Kaine,odd.

sorrell skye
07-13-2010, 02:30 AM
On HLN today a TH said they had something going on together years ago and have just recently 'rekindled' that relationship. That was the word used on TV. Knowing now about her sexting and sending him sex photos of herself you would almost have to believe they are taking off where they left off, right? I mean that would be quite a jump if it wasn't a sexual relationship before, eh?

It just T's me off that while we have imagined her all spooked out and helpless except for the power of her attny that backs her up, she has had her mind on sex and further retaliation to Kaine because he hurt her so much. Real, but unbelievable IMO

BBM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scandi - I missed that HLN article/video. Do you have a link? TH said that?!

winterrose
07-13-2010, 02:33 AM
So MC lied to the reporter about not knowing TH before?Hm

scandi
07-13-2010, 02:48 AM
BBM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scandi - I missed that HLN article/video. Do you have a link? TH said that?!

NO, No, I should have clarified TH but it never dawned on me it is the same initials for both.

I always use TH for talking head. That is when I'm not using it for Terri Horman, :croc: yepp, from now on I'll just say Terri for TH and TH for Talking Head. LOLOLOL

sorrell skye
07-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Thx Scandi! lol lol lol!!! Phew - what a day, huh?!

CharlestonGal
07-13-2010, 03:59 AM
I seriously doubt this was any kind of setup. IMO, TH has been obsessed with and dependent on men for years - to the extent that she drags her son from man to man, takes up with KH while he's still married, allows her son to be sent away because he "butts heads" with her husband, tries to seduce the landscaper into killing her husband, and now starts sexting with her husband's high school friend while her stepson is missing. I personally think she just doesn't know how to cope with an average day without the attention of a man.

One would think a woman's priority right now would be her children - finding the missing one and getting visitation with the baby. But no, TH chooses instead to chase men. I don't think anyone had to "set her up" - this is what TH does naturally.

IMO

Donjeta
07-13-2010, 04:30 AM
She did a pretty good job setting herself up.

Dunno but I think that people might sometimes have a hard time seducing a genuinely distraught caretaker of a missing child to start an affair before a whole month has gone since the disappearance, unless there is a natural inclination for such.

I've never been there, thank God, but I think that if one of my babies was missing and some guy sent me some photos of his private parts within a month I'd call the tipline about him. Check out if he showed his private parts to my missing child ASAP thank you!

CharlestonGal
07-13-2010, 05:08 AM
She did a pretty good job setting herself up.

Dunno but I think that people might sometimes have a hard time seducing a genuinely distraught caretaker of a missing child to start an affair before a whole month has gone since the disappearance, unless there is a natural inclination for such.

I've never been there, thank God, but I think that if one of my babies was missing and some guy sent me some photos of his private parts within a month I'd call the tipline about him. Check out if he showed his private parts to my missing child ASAP thank you!

I have trouble wrapping my head around that, too. I can't imagine one of my husband's friends hitting on me within weeks of my child going missing, much less returning his interest with sexts and naughty pics. I mean seriously...who does that???

I think even if TH doesn't have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance (which I doubt), she's in need of serious psychiatric help. And she doesn't need to be around anyone's children until she gets her head on straight. It creeps me out that this person is actually an elementary school teacher.

All IMO.

21merc7
07-13-2010, 05:45 AM
I have trouble wrapping my head around that, too. I can't imagine one of my husband's friends hitting on me within weeks of my child going missing, much less returning his interest with sexts and naughty pics. I mean seriously...who does that???

All IMO.

Respectfully snipped.

Uh, men do that. A vulnerable woman, bad marriage for some time, has needed a man's attention for some time. Hey, this is "my chance to get some booty." Sorry, but it happens. Not every man has honorable intentions. I have seen some things, had some things happen to me, and men will try it at any time, especially when you are at your weakest.

nervous_nellie
07-13-2010, 05:48 AM
well, if this is a sting then her response to this guy was much different than to the lawn guy showing up...didnt she call 911 to report threats or something? i would think her antennae would be up for any possible le infiltrators?? and i fully agree with donjeta about reporting any guy that sent me pics of his privates soon after my young child went missing - i would not return the gesture... lol

Donjeta
07-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Maybe the landscaper would have fared better if he'd texted her instead of showing up with an undercover.

nervous_nellie
07-13-2010, 05:55 AM
i sincerely feel that th is mental - im not saying insane. but of all the cases we see here at ws most of them i dont get the same vibe as im getting from th. something is WAY OFF with her... kwim? also to be very clear im not suggesting that she should not be held accountable or any of that kind of thing. just that i do think that she is disturbed.

Donjeta
07-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Respectfully snipped.

Uh, men do that. A vulnerable woman, bad marriage for some time, has needed a man's attention for some time. Hey, this is "my chance to get some booty." Sorry, but it happens. Not every man has honorable intentions. I have seen some things, had some things happen to me, and men will try it at any time, especially when you are at your weakest.

Good point. Well, some do say that you can't blame a man for trying... It's just mindboggling that he got lucky.

I mean, I can understand wanting attention, I want attention as much as the next woman in line but I'd prefer the good kind, not the creepy kind. And this is the creepy kind. How does it come about? "I'm so worried about your missing stepson. And your husband left too. I'm so sorry for you. Never mind, look what I've got, I'll send you a pic."

Disclaimer: I don't know who made the first step in that relationship.

believe09
07-13-2010, 06:14 AM

Hmmm...IMO undercover folks dont put themselves out to be photographed and interviewed in the media. So it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

I cannot remember who pointed this out, but KH had filed for divorce and moved out prior to the date of the sexting/intimate contact etc. If the date of 6/30 is reasonably accurate, well we can be outraged at her moral choices, BUT Kaine had kicked her to the curb....

To me the question of her actions with MC comes down to whether they were ill advised or malicious.

Donjeta
07-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Hmmm...IMO undercover folks dont put themselves out to be photographed and interviewed in the media. So it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

I cannot remember who pointed this out, but KH had filed for divorce and moved out prior to the date of the sexting/intimate contact etc. If the date of 6/30 is reasonably accurate, well we can be outraged at her moral choices, BUT Kaine had kicked her to the curb....

To me the question of her actions with MC comes down to whether they were ill advised or malicious.

IMO it's not really about having an affair while still married to Kaine. People move on after breaking up and have rebound guys and some move on to serious relationships while still in another relationship and yet some always have several flings going on at the same time. It's not what concerns me, really, because we don't know that the relationship with Kaine hadn't ended for her emotionally a long time ago and Kaine moving out and filing for divorce wasn't just the seal on it.

It's more that it was very soon after the son she supposedly loved as her own went missing, and when she had just lost contact with her dear little daughter, for who knows how long, and sex is not the stereotypical first thing in a mother's mind in such a situation. Granted, we're all different...

In addition, it shows a lack of judgment in that she knew it would look bad if she ever got charged for anything regarding Kaine or Kyron, and did it anyway even though she had a lot of LE attention, and she asked him to lie to the lawyer who is steadfastly trying to defend her interests.

ElizaAvalon
07-13-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm discounting a sting.

Cook has a thing for redheads.

Trident
07-13-2010, 07:12 AM
I agree. I've been hedging on this since I read it but tend to lean toward a sting.

I kind of wish LE would concentrate on FINDING Kyron instead of doing basically worthless stings on Terri.

My opinion only

Emeralgem
07-13-2010, 07:13 AM
I need to ask several questions..

Were TH and KC romantically involved at some point in time in the past? (I thought I heard someone on HLN make reference to that being the case)

Also, did MC send pictures of himself to Terri or was she the only one sending pictures?

Has MC hired an attorney?

Sorry if any of this has already been discussed but there was so much going on last night in this forum I could not wrap my mind around too much of anything that was being stated..TYIA.

Emeralgem
07-13-2010, 07:27 AM
I seriously doubt this was any kind of setup. IMO, TH has been obsessed with and dependent on men for years - to the extent that she drags her son from man to man, takes up with KH while he's still married, allows her son to be sent away because he "butts heads" with her husband, tries to seduce the landscaper into killing her husband, and now starts sexting with her husband's high school friend while her stepson is missing. I personally think she just doesn't know how to cope with an average day without the attention of a man.

One would think a woman's priority right now would be her children - finding the missing one and getting visitation with the baby. But no, TH chooses instead to chase men. I don't think anyone had to "set her up" - this is what TH does naturally.

IMO

BBM...That being the case I'm not convinced LE hasn't used her weakness to bait and trap her ..... But was this done just in order to have a reason to arrest her? Seems IF they thought she would reveal infomation about Kyron to MC they would have let this play out for a longer length if time.. I don't know.. I have never been so confused..JMO

nyvictoria
07-13-2010, 08:32 AM

I've been on the fence, almost refusing to allow myself to be swayed toward believing Terri had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. When the MFH plot was revealed, I thought the landscaper was looking for his "15 minutes" or just plain lying. After reading the latest docs, I believe she tried to hire someone to murder KH and I believe she kidnapped and probably murdered Kyron.

"Law enforcement has informed petitioners attorney that Respondent's stated personal relationship concerns and sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent previously attempted to hire to murder Petitioner."

Terri was probably "sexting" with the landscaper. :sick:

I'm convinced she's not smart enough to pull off a kidnapping on her own. She had help. Terri will never talk. LE needs to find the person(s) who helped her. Looks to me like they're leaving no stone unturned.

ITA!! You can't make this stuff up!!

:shocked2:

tk71texas
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
wow...............cuse me while i pick my mouth up off the floor. Dang, I missed a lot overnight

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 08:57 AM
I hope this was a planned thing I hope her sexting partner was in on this since the beginning with LE's knowledge. I hope this is just another of LE's attempts to get from Terri the location of Kyrons body. They may even have more ideas out there they have working.
Do we know how LE got ahold of the texts and info between Terri and Mr NewGuy? Did Mr NewGuy turn the texts in, if so bet Terri feels foolish and betrayed. She averted the poorly planned landscapers return with another guy to attempt to get her to reiterate her desire to have Kaine killed. Her kid and husband are gone, now she has been told to get out of the house. Her supposed secret texting affair has been revealed, possibly by her sexting partner. IS she starting to "get it" that she can trust no one, that at every turn LE is there waiting for her to mess up? Her paranoia level must be high. Or is she just so smug that she believes she has pulled off the perfect crime and how dare people suspect or accuse her of anything? Her insistence to claim innocence in the face of what has become a mountain of circumstantial evidence, while a little boy lays out there somewhere probably decomposing, reminds me of public enemy #1 Casey Anthony. She appears to have no remorse or sadness that Kyron is gone, she has not publicly pleaded for his return, all she has done is stand on stage in front of cameras and play-acted grief with the other 3 parents of this child who are truly grief stricken and horrified over whats going on.
She has no interest in "helping LE', because she knows helping will land her in jail. Jail seems inevitable (to me) for her, why is she putting it off? I can;t even wrap my mind around someone knowing the location of a missing child and just clamming up while others die from grief a little more everyday. Will she tire of LE's attempts to trip her up at every turn? Will she ever "break"? Whats it going to take?
If its this frustrating to me,I can't even imagine how DY, KH, and TY plus her extended family is dealing with this. My love and sympathies go to all of them.
(NOT to Terri)

adh74
07-13-2010, 09:06 AM

An undercover cop sent to infiltrate the family members? Narrowed in on TH as she quickly became a (non-)suspect?

mchris1024
07-13-2010, 09:07 AM

I think even if TH doesn't have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance (which I doubt), she's in need of serious psychiatric help. And she doesn't need to be around anyone's children until she gets her head on straight. It creeps me out that this person is actually an elementary school teacher.

All IMO.

What if this guy has seen what a miserable marriage she has been in, has seen her being an excellent step mother to Kyron, has seen her husband treating her like crap and his ex wife making her life miserable and she's continued in the marriage because she loves Kyron and knows if she gets divorced she will lose him and this guy just can't believe she is capable of hurting Kyron, I know no one wants to believe it's a possibility but none of us know what this woman's marriage was like but maybe this guy does and he truly believes in her and thinks she hasn't done anything to Kryon because he isn't believing what he's reading in the newspapers and she's told him her side of the story.....

densme
07-13-2010, 09:32 AM
i think this was a set up( by terri) to show how mental terri is, so that when the true comes out, they can show the mental illness side of terri and she gets off the hook. and look at all the drama this has caused and the case becomes about terri again instead of poor kyron.she is a smart cookie jmo
You know her lawyer has informed her that her every move including phone calls are being monitored

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM
What if this guy has seen what a miserable marriage she has been in, has seen her being an excellent step mother to Kyron, has seen her husband treating her like crap and his ex wife making her life miserable and she's continued in the marriage because she loves Kyron and knows if she gets divorced she will lose him and this guy just can't believe she is capable of hurting Kyron, I know no one wants to believe it's a possibility but none of us know what this woman's marriage was like but maybe this guy does and he truly believes in her and thinks she hasn't done anything to Kryon because he isn't believing what he's reading in the newspapers and she's told him her side of the story.....

So assuming all of the above is true, this guy moves in on Terri for sexting and exchanging sex pictures? Now, that would make him a sleezeball,
Theres no evidence that Kaine abused Terri. Terri could have been going through the "good stepmother" motions, he's in clean clothes, sent to school, has family activities (notice in all pictures of Kyron and TH and baby K, Terri is all involved with Baby K, no pics of her standing by Kyron as well, including him in the zoo pics (I assume that's where they were), making him a part of the parental "hey, look at the bears" for example. No, Kyron is off to the side, alone., as Terri kneels down and embraces baby K while they look at "whatever". Maybe she went through the motions but did very little of any affectionate parental nurturing of Kyron. Drops his dinner plate in front of him while concentrating on making sure her own bio child eats, etc. We have no idea what went on behind closed door Some mothers appear to be stellar only to find out later on they made their kids life a living hell behind closed doors.
I am wondering if LE and Kaine didn't go to the Mr New Guy (have no idea nor care what his real name is) and proposed the sexting idea. If not, this man is a sleeze and maybe a little nutty himself to hit on a woman in Terris position. Or was this relationship going on all along, and had to turn to sexting instead of real sex because Terri is being watched so closely now, and her parents are living with her so she has no time/ place to meet this guy?? I don't know what to believe. I think both are possible. But knowing how LE got a hold of or even knew about the sexting has me suspicious that the guy was in on it for the hopeful "sting" of TH, for the possibility that she would get to a point where she trusted him enough to reveal something to him. All JMO.

hollye
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM
I know that it has been stated that TMH didn't even know MC prior to Kyron's diappearance, but on JVM last ngiht, one of the women on the show said that she had interviewed MC and he stated that he had known TMH prior to then, but reconnected afterwards. Does JVM have transcripts for her show?

Emeralgem
07-13-2010, 09:45 AM

------------------------------------------

BBM..IMHO If this guy is believing anything she has told him and believes she isn't capable of hurting Kyron then he desperatley needs to seek out a support group for victims of narcissists..JMO

oceanblueeyes
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
i sincerely feel that th is mental - im not saying insane. but of all the cases we see here at ws most of them i don't get the same vibe as im getting from th. something is WAY OFF with her... kwim? also to be very clear im not suggesting that she should not be held accountable or any of that kind of thing. just that i do think that she is disturbed.

Actually her antics reminds me very much of Cynthia Somer right after her knight in shining armor husband passed away suddenly.

But I do have another question.

This is an excerpt from one of the articles I read this morning.

"Two days later, Kaine asserts, as he was about to file a restraining order ,Terri tried to kidnap Kiara."

So if he had not yet filed it how can she kidnap her own child at that time since she had no RO against her?:waitasec:

imo

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I know that it has been stated that TMH didn't even know MC prior to Kyron's diappearance, but on JVM last ngiht, one of the women on the show said that she had interviewed MC and he stated that he had known TMH prior to then, but reconnected afterwards. Does JVM have transcripts for her show?

I found this http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/12/ijvm.01.html

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait, wait. I`ve got to go back to that. You spoke to Michael Cook?

SIGONA: If it is the same Michael Cook who claims to be one of Kaine`s childhood friends, I spoke with him. I`ve got him in my cell phone. He said he was going to Washington, D.C., last week. I spoke with him maybe five or six days ago.

And what he said was that -- that he and Kaine, they had reconnected about eight or nine months ago. They had been meaning to kind of get together and to have dinner and things like that ,but it just never happened. But then when Kyron went missing, that`s when they were all really kind of brought together, reunited. There`s a small group of friends there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, this -- this document -- this court document says that this guy is a childhood friend of Kaine`s.

SIGONA: That`s correct. That`s correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And so that`s astounding. Did he mention being involved with Terri?

SIGONA: No, he did not mention being involved with Terri. He said that their goal was to be able to, you know, continue helping, assisting the family, and looking for little Kyron. "

gliving
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Why is Terri being accused of having an affair when Kaine has already filed divorce papers? Their marriage is over.

Emeralgem
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Thank you.. I knew I heard someone say something about a prior relationship that became estranged, and they had reconnected..

Nana46
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Why is Terri being accused of having an affair when Kaine has already filed divorce papers? Their marriage is over.

I don't think it is "affair" they are so much concerned about...I think it is what happened involving all that that gave rise to showing documents, taking pics of documents including the addy of KH, etc. Clearly not a good time to be taking up with a guy when all around her are searching for this little guy named Kyron who is missing.......shows her character or lack of,IMO.

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm discounting a sting.

Cook has a thing for redheads.

IMO its highly possible the FBI, or Kaine himself, knew an old classmate of Kaine's lived very close to TH and KH's home. Possibly even Terri knew him already..through Kaine. Maybe this guy was approached by LE and this sting attempt was proposed Maybe all the texting that was going on was a clever, educated FBI agent who had the New Guys permission and was sitting there doing all the sexting on this mans phone to TH himself, attempting to trap Terri somehow. We certainly don't know the details of this new emerging twisted tale.
I am praying that its LE driven, and this man really isn't sleezy enough to plan to hit on a woman as vulnerable as TH is at this time. Its men like that that give all men a bad name/ reputation. JMO

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I kind of wish LE would concentrate on FINDING Kyron instead of doing basically worthless stings on Terri.

My opinion only

IMO finding Kyron, the key is Terri. They can't search every square inch of the Portland area. They are trying to find a way to get Terri to either outright tell or slip up and reveal. JMO.

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
My thoughts are this - divorces don't happen in a vacuum. There had to be problems before Kyron went missing. I'm sure there were some heated arguments and threats of divorce by either Kaine or TH the preceding months or even year. The fact that the older son moves out points in that direction (in my mind).

Then we have MC entering the picture 8-9 months back. Affairs can start "innocently" enough via phone conversations or emails. This "affair" could have started long before it became public.

Boy, what I wouldn't give to get my hands on her laptop! I'm sure it is chock full of all kinds of things.

ETA: I hope and pray this was a move by LE to use MC. It's actually pretty brilliant if it is indeed the case.

ETA #2: 8-9 months ago would have been, what, October? The MFH scheme was when..November? When did the older son move out?

For The Kids
07-13-2010, 10:07 AM

It would depend when exactly it started ie before or after Kaine filed for a divorce but in any case..IMO at this point her behaviour is totally inappropriate. There are far more worthwhile things she could be doing with her time than sexting ie helping the police to find the little boy she supposedly loved.

JMO

Amster
07-13-2010, 10:08 AM

She's being accused of showing sealed documents to a guy she was playing sex games with.....actually, you can even leave out the sex stuff and what she did is still illegal.

tlcya
07-13-2010, 10:11 AM
a) This was a pre-existing affair (pre-Kyron event). No-one, and I do mean no-one is daft enough to begin an affair while being scrutinized by an entire nation along with FBI and LE for a suspicious disappearance. Period. This did not start after Kyron's disappearance. I know they supposedly had a connection, became estranged, and then reconnected after June 3, but I am saying that is absolute bull. When the eyes of the entire world are watching this woman's every move, there is no way this man would choose that time to "reconnect" with Terri, a woman from his past.

the ONLY way such a thing is possible is if

b) LE has "connected" with him, locating him perhaps through phone or computer records from the time last fall she was purported to be looking to hire hitman. LE has suggested he "reconnect" with Terri because afterall, the whole plan of "reconnecting" her with the landscaper had such stellar results.

Much more likely, this has been an ongoing affair and it only stopped when Kyron went missing as opportunity for the lovebirds to connect was squelched by media and LE scrutiny.

The reason Terri showed him the docs is probably because he is a part of the reason behind their filing. Or he is concerned that LE knows about him and wants to see the documents himself.

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Actually her antics reminds me very much of Cynthia Somer right after her knight in shining armor husband passed away suddenly.

But I do have another question.

This is an excerpt from one of the articles I read this morning.

"Two days later, Kaine asserts, as he was about to file a restraining order ,Terri tried to kidnap Kiara."

So if he had not yet filed it how can she kidnap her own child at that time since she had no RO against her?:waitasec:

imo

She allegedly tried or was going to try to take the baby from daycare while Kaine was working out, without Kaines knowledge. RO received yet or not, she was planning to take the baby behind Kaines back. Nothing about that is good, it may not fall under the legal definition of "kidnapping" but in my mind Kidnapping is exactly what it amounts to. If she thought Kaines intentnion of not letting her have the baby and be responsible for baby at all, and she was plotting to snatch the baby from daycare, its not cool in my mind. JMO

Mylou
07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
She's being accused of showing sealed documents to a guy she was playing sex games with.....actually, you can even leave out the sex stuff and what she did is still illegal.

My question is why was Mr.C. so interested in those documents, so much so that he photographed it , and then googled KH new address. Why not just ask KH where he lives ?

raeann
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM
IMO its highly possible the FBI, or Kaine himself, knew an old classmate of Kaine's lived very close to TH and KH's home. Possibly even Terri knew him already..through Kaine. Maybe this guy was approached by LE and this sting attempt was proposed Maybe all the texting that was going on was a clever, educated FBI agent who had the New Guys permission and was sitting there doing all the sexting on this mans phone to TH himself, attempting to trap Terri somehow. We certainly don't know the details of this new emerging twisted tale.
I am praying that its LE driven, and this man really isn't sleezy enough to plan to hit on a woman as vulnerable as TH is at this time. Its men like that that give all men a bad name/ reputation. JMO

The idea of a LE sting would at least in some twisted way make sense of this whole thing. However, the fact that MC did something obviously illegal by taking photos of the sealed papers and telling two other people what was in them, plus the fact that he is now seeking his own legal counsel about those actions, tends to contradict the idea that this was a set up plot against TH. Add to that the issue of googling the address on his own phone rather than leading TH to do it herself on her phone or computer, would mean he was a rather incompetent UC plant, as the first goal would have been to get her to do that herself as an illegal act.

jmo

soldiermedic335
07-13-2010, 10:16 AM
My thoughts are this - divorces don't happen in a vacuum. There had to be problems before Kyron went missing. I'm sure there were some heated arguments and threats of divorce by either Kaine or TH the preceding months or even year. The fact that the older son moves out points in that direction (in my mind).

Then we have MC entering the picture 8-9 months back. Affairs can start "innocently" enough via phone conversations or emails. This "affair" could have started long before it became public.

Boy, what I wouldn't give to get my hands on her laptop! I'm sure it is chock full of all kinds of things.

ETA: I hope and pray this was a move by LE to use MC. It's actually pretty brilliant if it is indeed the case.

I agree, I don't think this came about after the separation of Kaine and TH. I really believe something was going on prior to Kyron's disappearance. If this was an attempt by LE to find out information using MC, then it was a major embarrassment.

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Just a little reminder to edit out the names of minors in your posts, quotes from articles and posts quoting other posters. (So the mods won't have to do so later, etc.)

tlcya
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
She allegedly tried or was going to try to take the baby from daycare while Kaine was working out, without Kaines knowledge. RO received yet or not, she was planning to take the baby behind Kaines back. Nothing about that is good, it may not fall under the legal definition of "kidnapping" but in my mind Kidnapping is exactly what it amounts to. If she thought Kaines intentnion of not letting her have the baby and be responsible for baby at all, and she was plotting to snatch the baby from daycare, its not cool in my mind. JMO

How do you plan to kidnap your infant from daycare behind your husband's back when to your knowledge you still live toegther and are married raising a child together? It was made very very clear by all that Terri had no knowledge of the plan to institute the RO. LE and Kaine went to GREAT lengths to keep it secret til it was acheived. So in effect, she did not try to kidnap her daughter. She simply tried to pick her up.

Your argument is akin to a husband moving your children out to an undisclosed location while you are at the grocery store and then filing for full custody claiming you abandoned them.

Mylou
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree, I don't think this came about after the separation of Kaine and TH. I really believe something was going on prior to Kyron's disappearance. If this was an attempt by LE to find out information using MC, then it was a major embarrassment.

As was the MFH!

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 10:22 AM

I agree the wording is a bit iffy, with "affair," but I guess it works technically, since they were still legally married. Personally, I don't like to chastise grown adults for whatever they do along these lines.

BUT - the timing was certainly a poor choice, and her choice of person with whom to have this affair is just plain baffling... and creepy. MOO.

(The timing of their relationship just makes my eyebrows shoot off the top of my face.)

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
My question is why was Mr.C. so interested in those documents, so much so that he photographed it , and then googled KH new address. Why not just ask KH where he lives ?

My guess is because Kaine had found out about the affair weeks back. I'm getting a feeling that this affair had been going on for some time. The plan was to get rid of Kaine and/or Kyron, move out her older son, grab her daughter and they take off into wonderfulville for ever and ever. I think she still tried to get her daughter and take off, but that plan was foiled. Cook showing up to "help" was just for show.

Emma Peel
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't think it is "affair" they are so much concerned about...I think it is what happened involving all that that gave rise to showing documents, taking pics of documents including the addy of KH, etc. Clearly not a good time to be taking up with a guy when all around her are searching for this little guy named Kyron who is missing.......shows her character or lack of,IMO.

show's MC's character too. should have come forward with the first moneyshot from Terri - come forward for Kyron who he supposedly cared about so much...

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 10:25 AM

Why did he care where Kaine was? Was the texting thing maybe a plot the New Guy thought up and then after it was in full swing he decided to tell Kaine what was going on? Why sleuth Kaines location? Why not just go to LE and say- look what I've got here-?? His googling Kaines location is disturbing to me and screws up my theory that New Guy was a LE/ FBI "tool" to get something out of Terri.

Emma Peel
07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree the wording is a bit iffy, with "affair," but I guess it works technically, since they were still legally married. Personally, I don't like to chastise grown adults for whatever they do along these lines.

BUT - the timing was certainly a poor choice, and her choice of person with whom to have this affair with is just plain baffling... and creepy. MOO.

(The timing of their relationship just makes my eyebrows shoot off the top of my face.)

lol @ groucho losing his eyebrows

Emeralgem
07-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Personally, I don't care how many affairs she has or how many people she sexts with.. but IMHO her actions at this time prove she is certainly not a grieving mother or step mother...All Terri cares about is Terri...IMHO.. That speaks volumes..JMO

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 10:30 AM
How do you plan to kidnap your infant from daycare behind your husband's back when to your knowledge you still live toegther and are married raising a child together? It was made very very clear by all that Terri had no knowledge of the plan to institute the RO. LE and Kaine went to GREAT lengths to keep it secret til it was acheived. So in effect, she did not try to kidnap her daughter. She simply tried to pick her up.

Your argument is akin to a husband moving your children out to an undisclosed location while you are at the grocery store and then filing for full custody claiming you abandoned them.

So why was she so sneaky? Why ask an employee at the gym to let her know when Kaine was there w/ baby in daycare? Why not just go to the gym, find Kaine, and tell him I am taking Baby K for a bit??? Because she KNEW Kaine wanted her to NOT be alone with that baby, obviously this is my firm belief and we can agree to disagree, that's cool with me. JMO

tlcya
07-13-2010, 10:33 AM
So why was she so sneaky? Why ask an employee at the gym to let her know when Kaine was there w/ baby in daycare? Why not just go to the gym, find Kaine, and tell him I am taking Baby K for a bit??? Because she KNEW Kaine wanted her to NOT be alone with that baby, obviously this is my firm belief and we can agree to disagree, that's cool with me. JMO

There is sneaky, and I agree that seems sneaky, but sneaky does not equal illegal. Husbands and wives have disagreements and marital troubles all the time. The point I was trying to make is, there was nothing ilegal about her actions at that moment, shady yes, kidnapping, no.

And yes, we can agree to disagree, much love Abbie :)

TxLady2
07-13-2010, 10:34 AM

IMO

I've known someone like that. While married to hubby #1, she met hubby #2, and when she got tired of him, she moved hubby #3 in, and threw #2 out. And then found #4, and dumped #3. So far she's managed to keep the last one. She uses her looks and her charm to get whatever she wants. I never figured her out until one of her exes told me, she cannot be without a man, not even for a day. She has to have someone doting on her, she is helpless without someone following her around like a puppy doing anything she wants and showering her with attention.
Wish I had figured out how to do that. :waitasec:

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Here's the thread on the kidnapping (of baby K) allegation (released on July 12) if people haven't seen it yet:

The accusation that TH tried to abduct the baby - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AbbieNormal
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
The idea of a LE sting would at least in some twisted way make sense of this whole thing. However, the fact that MC did something obviously illegal by taking photos of the sealed papers and telling two other people what was in them, plus the fact that he is now seeking his own legal counsel about those actions, tends to contradict the idea that this was a set up plot against TH. Add to that the issue of googling the address on his own phone rather than leading TH to do it herself on her phone or computer, would mean he was a rather incompetent UC plant, as the first goal would have been to get her to do that herself as an illegal act.

jmo

I misunderstood one part. I thought it was Kaine who "told 2 other people", and assumed it was DY and TY he told.

Now I hear its the sexting guy who took the pic and then told 2 other people. hmmm...thats weird. What 2 people did he tell? Two thugs who might do harm to Kaine and take baby K? His parents? Two friends? Who he told is a big factor in this, IMO. Wish we knew who those 2 people were.

TxLady2
07-13-2010, 10:51 AM

The FBI setting up an affair, just to manufacture evidence against Terri?? I doubt it. Can't say for sure, but it doesn't sound like something any LE would do, because the ramifications could be serious when it gets to court. These things do tend to come out sooner or later. That defense lawyer would chew them up and spit them out, and the judge would throw the whole case out.

Nope... I don't think it was a sting. I think that IF this guy and Terri had sexual relations, then it happened without any provocation from LE.

Respectfully, I don't understand the bolded part. Maybe I need more coffee??

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 10:54 AM
The FBI setting up an affair, just to manufacture evidence against Terri?? I doubt it. Can't say for sure, but it doesn't sound like something any LE would do, because the ramifications could be serious when it gets to court. These things do tend to come out sooner or later. That defense lawyer would chew them up and spit them out, and the judge would throw the whole case out.

Nope... I don't think it was a sting. I think that IF this guy and Terri had sexual relations, then it happened without any provocation from LE.

ITA.

Also, if it was a sting, why did they stop it before they got anything useful? Why not wait until she talked about wanting a MFH, or about Kyron? It seems like an awful complex sting to set up, etc, only to blow it before it got anything worth while. IMO, just disclosing the RO would not have made it worth it - and would also be entrapment, since he could have goaded her into disclosing it, for all we know.

mrsc72
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM

On the bottom of page 10 it states that Terri did discuss how much she missed both kids but it was touched on briefly. I am thinking K mentioned this to CYA and that she may have discussed it more than what he wants the GP to beleive in this document KWIM? For him to make even a small mention of this just stood out to me.

I have no idea where this woman is coming from at this point. Maybe she just feels lost, maybe she is the type of person that needs to be wanted?

BBM
Glad she took the time to squeeze in thoughts of the kids. Wonder how those texts went..."I'm in my own Family Fued....I miss my kids so much....please see attached pic of me and my boobies! Muah!!!"

This is getting ridiculous. My hope is that this tilt-a-whirl ride brings Kyron home!!

debirlfan
07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think she ever sent MC the photos. Just because they were sent from her phone doesn't mean she sent them. If she put the phone down and turned her back - instant set-up.

amysmom
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM

jmo

TH may have insisted they use HIS phone?

I always thought the person involved in a 'sting' sometimes has to commit illegal acts & this is known by both sides from the get-go?

To play along wouldn't he have to get a lawyer?

The one & only thing that doesn't fit is telling 2 ppl but do we know if that's really true? It may not be & def makes his 'story' even better..OTH!..I really can't see why he'd admit to telling anyone since most aren't too eager to confess to an illegal act unless they have no choice (ratted out) & this would point to the entire notion of a 'sting' as false does it not?

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't think she ever sent MC the photos. Just because they were sent from her phone doesn't mean she sent them. If she put the phone down and turned her back - instant set-up.

Interesting - it would depend on how much time MC spent around the house during his deliveries, I guess.

So, how does it run in this scenario? She goes to make coffee, and he is playing through her phone, and snooping, and finds all the naked masturbation (I assume from the wording) pics she has of herself on the phone (possibly by accident), and sends them to himself... It is possible. Perhaps he wanted them for personal use, or he was looking to turn them in.

(Or, heck, for all we know he's planning on writing a tell-all book when this is all over, which I would not be shocked by.)

I think, though, his confession of "inappropriate communications" included things like, "send me pix of your (whatever)," and that she did. It's not a crime. Poorly timed and fairly callous - but not a crime, AFAIK. I like this run down, as it is simple, and I find simple theory is often the best, but it's a matter of personal preference.

But, point taken - we don't know all the details, so we should be open to other scenarios.

nyvictoria
07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
BBM
Glad she took the time to squeeze in thoughts of the kids. Wonder how those texts went..."I'm in my own Family Fued....I miss my kids so much....please see attached pic of me and my boobies! Muah!!!"

This is getting ridiculous. My hope is that this tilt-a-whirl ride brings Kyron home!!

bbm

A la Casey Anthony..."I hate my mother, I hate my ex-boyfriend, I love my lawyers, I want to travel the world in an RV to preach the gospel and oh yeah, I miss Caylee."

ElizaAvalon
07-13-2010, 11:18 AM
If this were all a sting, why not get her on something real so they can bargain with her?

Not buying it.

She's still free, still doing things that show no outwards signs that she is missing a child that she helped raise.

She is being consistent.

nyvictoria
07-13-2010, 11:18 AM

And just who would have sent them? Her attorney? Her best friend? Her mother? Maybe Baby K?

I've been loathe to say she's guilty of anything other than poor judgement but GMAB. If there are photos of Terri in MC's phone received via text from Terri's phone, Terri sent them.

jmo

ami
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM

I don't know why she's being accused by Kaine, but I believe her affair is VERY relevant to the investigation. I don't believe this is just trash or voyeurism - police LOOK for things exactly like this when a child/spouse goes missing, because it is often found to be the motive for the child's disappearance. I'm thinking Susan Smith, Diane Downs, Scott Peterson, etc. It matters. Affairs matter because they can possibly lead to motive, which can possibly lead investigators down the path to discovery.

I don't care in the slightest what TH the woman, the citizen of Oregon, USA does in her personal life - there are millions of women like her living their lives in various styles I'm sure I wouldn't agree with. But if it can help exclude her/include her as a suspect and help police figure out what happened to Kyron, a child, then heck yes investigate her private life and affairs and finances and known associates. I honestly believe that it's relevant.

BetteDavisEyes
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
When I first "met" the Anthonys in the Caylee case, I didn't think that there could possibly be a more dysfunctional family on the planet. Enter the Croslin-Cummings clans in the HaLeigh case: Was it actually possible that this bunch could replace the Anthonys in the #1 spot?

Just when I feel like I've seen it all, fast forward to the Kyron case. :eek: Hollywood writers don't even come up with this stuff! jmo

Aedrys
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
bbm

A la Casey Anthony..."I hate my mother, I hate my ex-boyfriend, I love my lawyers, I want to travel the world in an RV to preach the gospel and oh yeah, I miss Caylee."

ITA! My very first thought when I read about that was those letters Casey wrote. Like TH stuck that in there so he wouldn't think she was totally shallow and uncaring. Like she knew the police may read those texts at some point, so she mentions her kids to say, see, I'm innocent because I love and miss my kids.

tlcya
07-13-2010, 11:37 AM
ITA! My very first thought when I read about that was those letters Casey wrote. Like TH stuck that in there so he wouldn't think she was totally shallow and uncaring. Like she knew the police may read those texts at some point, so she mentions her kids to say, see, I'm innocent because I love and miss my kids.

"I better mention my kids, LE may come across these texts one day, they are watching me afterall. That being the case, I better attach a couple of photos of my monkey while I am at it."

Doesnt make sense. Those texts were NOT sent with the thought that LE was monitoring them. Which begs two questions for me:

1) Was the texting done on the same cel phone that she carried before Kyron went missing or is this a new phone? I ask because if this was a throwaway (new phone) that she thought LE was unaware of I can see her thinking it safe to text. If not and this is the same pone LE was supposed to have been investigating the pings of, why on earth would she be dumb enough not to know or suspect it was being monitored and therefore not secure or private?!?!?!!?

2) Whichever phone was used (old or new) what would possibly make Terri think that she, her calls, her whereabouts, her associations weren't being monitored?!?!?!!?

amysmom
07-13-2010, 11:54 AM

Respectfully, I don't understand the bolded part. Maybe I need more coffee??

K! If not an 'official' sting then maybe MC did it all on his own hoping to get her to leak something to him re: where is Kyron? He'd be a HERO & all that jazz even at the expense of legal trouble..If as someone else said he gets to also write a book both is worth it to him..I can't wrap my brain around this is just an affair for him..TH is the last woman any man with 1/2 a brain would want to get involved with & not just cos of the Kyron situation..I can't say no more but I think everyone KWIM!

winterrose
07-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I misunderstood one part. I thought it was Kaine who "told 2 other people", and assumed it was DY and TY he told.

Now I hear its the sexting guy who took the pic and then told 2 other people. hmmm...thats weird. What 2 people did he tell? Two thugs who might do harm to Kaine and take baby K? His parents? Two friends? Who he told is a big factor in this, IMO. Wish we knew who those 2 people were.

I'm wondering about this,because two people are involved with him in the school friends of Kaine group.I have wondered whose idea brought this group together in the first place.Was MC part of the group when he just showed up at the Horman home at the beginning?He lives down the road from them,but all of that group doesn't live in Portland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
K! If not an 'official' sting then maybe MC did it all on his own hoping to get her to leak something to him re: where is Kyron? He'd be a HERO & all that jazz even at the expense of legal trouble..If as someone else said he gets to also write a book both is worth it to him..I can't wrap my brain around this is just an affair for him..TH is the last woman any man with 1/2 a brain would want to get involved with & not just cos of the Kyron situation..I can't say no more but I think everyone KWIM!

Me
If he's done it on his own for info then it's sure backfired on him,because in much of the public's eye it's brought him under suspicion.Many people don't know what to think and it's not looking good for him right now.

amysmom
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM

I also wish we knew if they ratted him out or he simply confessed to doing it..That makes a diff to me cos it would help prove a theory some of us have.

If the 2 he told were KH & DY that would go along with my above statement.

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
If MC lives down the road from them, I wonder if he has any kids that went to Skyline? Not sure if that is "sleuthing" him or not or whether that is allowed here ? Sorry in advance if I am breaking TOS.

amysmom
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM
If MC lives down the road from them, I wonder if he has any kids that went to Skyline? Not sure if that is "sleuthing" him or not or whether that is allowed here ? Sorry in advance if I am breaking TOS.

We do know the answer to at least part of your Q re: his kid(s) cos he talked about that on camera to a local media station..I'm not sure what the rule is either so until I know I guess I have to keep quiet..Sorry!

Emma Peel
07-13-2010, 12:18 PM
"I better mention my kids, LE may come across these texts one day, they are watching me afterall. That being the case, I better attach a couple of photos of my monkey while I am at it."

Doesnt make sense. Those texts were NOT sent with the thought that LE was monitoring them. Which begs two questions for me:

1) Was the texting done on the same cel phone that she carried before Kyron went missing or is this a new phone? I ask because if this was a throwaway (new phone) that she thought LE was unaware of I can see her thinking it safe to text. If not and this is the same pone LE was supposed to have been investigating the pings of, why on earth would she be dumb enough not to know or suspect it was being monitored and therefore not secure or private?!?!?!!?

2) Whichever phone was used (old or new) what would possibly make Terri think that she, her calls, her whereabouts, her associations weren't being monitored?!?!?!!?

Is it possible MC watched enough of Desiree & Kaine's pressers to realize he best go to LE with his phone evidence before they came to him? He's speaking to press STILL, so I just had the feeling he wised up and decided to volunteer the info he had. For Kyron's sake. :doh: Took him long enough, IMO.

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 12:23 PM

I do believe that would be considered sleuthing him if you went searching for the answer, and I believe he is still off limits for private life sleuthing. Just posing the question is likely ok, though, as long as no one answers it.

The bigger issue would be that it would also be sleuthing his minor children, which is a mega TOS no no.

However, if he himself ever said this in a MSM article, that would be acceptable - just don't go digging, or post any private info, and no names of his child(ren).

HTH.

bookjunkie2
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Is it possible MC watched enough of Desiree & Kaine's pressers to realize he best go to LE with his phone evidence before they came to him? He's speaking to press STILL, so I just had the feeling he wised up and decided to volunteer the info he had. For Kyron's sake. :doh: Took him long enough, IMO.
I suspect that they came to him with the, ehm, pictures and texts. He probably worked with them immediately, given the circumstances. Like: he's stupid but he ain't dumb. If you're caught with pictures of someone's monkey you don't turn around and play innocent.
I need to go wash my hands now.:yuck:

Calliope
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM

Good point. But is he really in legal trouble? Someone else brought up that the order to seal the RO wouldn't have applied to Cook.

Kimster
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.07.13 ~ TODAY's CURRENT NEWS ***No discussions please***

The articles don't say that MC has kids that go to school with Kyron even though he didn't hesitate to say he lived in the neighborhood.

We can not sleuth the kids at all. :nono:

helpfulcharlie
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Good point. But is he really in legal trouble? Someone else brought up that the order to seal the RO wouldn't have applied to Cook.

Right. As far as we can tell the only thing he's guilty of is bad judgment, which is not currently a crime, and violating the bro-code.

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for answering. I didn't really want to know anything particular (M/F, ages, stuff like that) - just if he had kids that went to Skyline because if TH volunteered as much as it is reported, she might have come in contact with MC earlier than suspected.

ami
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Was the texting done on the same cel phone that she carried before Kyron went missing or is this a new phone? I ask because if this was a throwaway (new phone) that she thought LE was unaware of I can see her thinking it safe to text.

Hmm.. good question. I wonder if they didn't get them from TH's cell phone at all, but from MC's cell phone. His cell would have all incoming texts from her and pictures (eww). So even if she had a new cell phone, everything she sent to him would be viewable if you looked at MC's phone.

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
It would be possible to get a new phone with a monthly, no-contract service like say, Cricket, and get a phone with picture taking/sending capabilities. I think most other throw-away type of phones from Dollar General or places like that don't have picture capacity.

Etilema
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
When I first "met" the Anthonys in the Caylee case, I didn't think that there could possibly be a more dysfunctional family on the planet. Enter the Croslin-Cummings clans in the HaLeigh case: Was it actually possible that this bunch could replace the Anthonys in the #1 spot?

Just when I feel like I've seen it all, fast forward to the Kyron case. :eek: Hollywood writers don't even come up with this stuff! jmo

I actually find the Anthony's to be more disturbing than Croslin/Cummings because the latter live in a milieu where such dysfunction is not unusual. There is a lot of drug use/trafficking and other unstable lifestyles and behaviors.

The Anthony's, on the other hand, appeared to be a "normal" middle-class family, generally speaking without the necessity of the f-word before each noun and verb, not having too many brushes with the wrong end of the law, etc.

The Hormans present a similar picture. Decent jobs, decent homes, lots of pictures of fun family activities with the kids, few arrests. There is the mixed-up situation with their family arrangements, with mix-and-match children and several marriages within a short period of time...but that has become more and more common among all socio-economic classes, it would seem.

sneezy
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM

It makes me think that possibly either the concent TH to check her cell when Kyron went missing at first...might have not had a set "end date" ie they were allowed to monitor all her records, not just from date a-date b...it could also be noted that it would apply to "any phone" she had access to, which at the time she might have thought that it applied say to her cell and the house phone...not any "new" phone she might get.

Someone also mentioned how did they know that MC got the "nudie" pix and texts...depending on the phone it may show both the incoming and out going texts in a "conversation" on one thread. On my iPhone if I text someone it all shows up sort of like a im chat with both parties texts all in one place. My old samsung, it was all separate and much easier to hide a text or delete one in a series of a conversation.

also thinking about monitoring, it may be that they did not need a warrent...if KH was the primary account holder for the cell contract, he could give consent for the monitoring without needing TH approval...With the contract my DH and I have, I could not give consent for anything with the contract/change service even though I had a phone on the contract with out his ok. I'm thinking this could be the case here so it could be she got a new phone (same contract) and thought it wouldn't be monitored because it was "new" but since it was still part of the origional plan KH could still give consent.

Does this make sense?

tlcya
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Hmm.. good question. I wonder if they didn't get them from TH's cell phone at all, but from MC's cell phone. His cell would have all incoming texts from her and pictures (eww). So even if she had a new cell phone, everything she sent to him would be viewable if you looked at MC's phone.

which further supports my belief that this "textual affair" must have been occurring prior to Kyron's disappearance or LE would not have known of him.

Wondergirl
07-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Former FBI Special Agent Brad Garrett (http://topics.abcnews.go.com/topic/Brad-Garrett) said investigators' decision to release the damaging court documents was one more sign they were trying to force Terri Horman into cooperating with their efforts to find Kyron.

"What they're trying to do is continue trying to tighten the vice," Garrett said. "When you become more desperate you tend to make more mistakes."

The affair with Cook, Garrett said, has the potential to provide new leads in the boy's disappearance.

"The key, I think, in this case is a new strain of information possibly through Mr. Cook," he said, "or things Mr. Cook could bring into the case."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-terri-horman-accused-abducting-daughter-affair/story?id=11149983&page=1

BBM above: I certainly hope that MC brings some things to the case for LE, and that new leads are obtained from the relevations.

nurseratchett
07-13-2010, 12:46 PM
* TH sent the texts and photos herself....after all, there are HUNDREDS of them, not just a few.

* All of the details in the request for contempt were given to Kaine by LE, not vice-versa.

* Somewhere it was stated that MC moved to the Pdx area within the last 8 or 9 months, and had been planning to hook up with Kaine to have dinner or get together with their kids, but they never got around to it, then Kyron goes missing. He offers to help and aligns himself with 2 other high school alumni also in Pdx, they organize the group that did the banners/bracelets. OK, I can buy that. But...

Somehow or another, on or around 6/28 he indicates in news reports, he and Terri are now friends and he feels closer to her?????

* Until Terri rescinds her original permission given to LE when Kyron first went missing, her phone and computer records are available to them without a warrant. I wonder if this still holds true even with a new phone plan/number/ disposable????

* Looking up Kaines new address on Google maps, and asking MC to lie to her own attorney......why would he do that?? There must be a motive for this, yet I can't figure it out...He denies having any sexual activity with TH, yet he was infatuated enough to go this far?? Something is missing here, and I want to know what it is...

SleuthyMama
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM

Had to quote you, BDE because you said everything I have been thinking since I heard this break last nite on HLN.

Wow. So many questions. What were these two thinking?

And I keep seeing posters going to the possible conclusion that MC is the one who did the "hitting on." How do we know it wasn't Terri who did the pursuing? Certainly sounds that way to me...she is apparently the one who sent the graphic texts and pics. I didn't hear LE say that HE sent any.

I don't think this was a set up at all. I think MC in the beginning may have had an honorable reason for getting involved but that she spotted him as a target and moved in from there.

Terri strikes me as the type who can probably target men fairly well. My husband's ex is this way... she only goes for a certain kind of man....one a little too young/naive, wet behind the ears, not too much experience in the world and then she preys on him.

And I do bet she had a bat phone, covering her own a$$ but never thinking LE would check into MC's cell phone records.

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't think this was a set up at all. I think MC in the beginning may have had an honorable reason for getting involved but that she spotted him as a target and moved in from there.

Terri strikes me as the type who can probably target men fairly well. My husband's ex is this way... she only goes for a certain kind of man....one a little too young/naive, wet behind the ears, not too much experience in the world and then she preys on him.

And I do bet she had a bat phone, covering her own a$$ but never thinking LE would check into MC's cell phone records.

I totally agree with you. I tend to think their relationship went further back than June 4, 2010, and she was playing the victim with him...lamenting about her impending divorce and/or marital problems. I think she was setting him up to be there for her - getting another little ducky in a row in case she was tossed out on her butt by Kaine.

It's also interesting that many people speculated an affair right off the bat when they started searching on Sauvie Island. Makes ya wonder if there were any texts between them on the morning of June 4.

sarah7855
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
My thoughts as I've been reading through this thread are that there's no way in hell that this is a "new" relationship that just started...give me a break, I'm totally convinced that it's been going on for some time. Then, I have a thought...the "sexts" actually contradict that somewhat. They reportedly showed Terri in 'various stages of undress' and other overtly sexual situations, correct? well, that generally indicates a newer relationship, one where those types of photos would still be a tease, be exciting. Before anyone jumps on me, I know that there are plenty of people who "keep the spice alive" and such in a long term relationship by sending a naughty text or two to their significant other now and then, but generally speaking, sexts and teasing pics and the like happen at the beginning stages of a relationship, KWIM? Since it is reported that there are many photos and texts, it says to me that this is a newer, still exciting, relationship. It totally contradicts my gut instinct of there being no way that this could have just started within the last couple of weeks (who does that?!), but just thought I'd throw that observation out there.

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
My thoughts as I've been reading through this thread are that there's no way in hell that this is a "new" relationship that just started...give me a break, I'm totally convinced that it's been going on for some time. Then, I have a thought...the "sexts" actually contradict that somewhat. They reportedly showed Terri in 'various stages of undress' and other overtly sexual situations, correct? well, that generally indicates a newer relationship, one where those types of photos would still be a tease, be exciting. Before anyone jumps on me, I know that there are plenty of people who "keep the spice alive" and such in a long term relationship by sending a naughty text or two to their significant other now and then, but generally speaking, sexts and teasing pics and the like happen at the beginning stages of a relationship, KWIM? Since it is reported that there are many photos and texts, it says to me that this is a newer, still exciting, relationship. It totally contradicts my gut instinct of there being no way that this could have just started within the last couple of weeks (who does that?!), but just thought I'd throw that observation out there.

Well, since they lived close by one another, it could have started as merely a casual friendship (wherein she is sizing him up). That's kind of how it started with Kaine, right? She was there to watch Kyron as a "friend."

debirlfan
07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
And just who would have sent them? Her attorney? Her best friend? Her mother? Maybe Baby K?

I've been loathe to say she's guilty of anything other than poor judgement but GMAB. If there are photos of Terri in MC's phone received via text from Terri's phone, Terri sent them.

jmo

MC was in the house - and could have accessed her phone - and any paperwork (the RO) that was laying about. If someone wanted to make her look bad....

SleuthyMama
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM

ITA, Sarah. That is the kind of behavior you see in the beginning of a relationship. I think this actually did start quite recently. I think she played the "damsel in distress" card on this guy, flirted, flashed him some dirty pix and they were off and running.

That's why I said in my previous post that I think she "targeted" this guy. Not taking any of the blame off him, I think he's acted really sleazy, but I just get the vibe Terri is good at reading people. There are people you can manipulate to your advantage and then there are people who see right thru your bullchit. I think MC fell into the former category.

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Until proven otherwise, I think this is a new "relationship", one instigated by Terri once she was under scrutiny and recognized that she needed a new "friend." This man sounds like a total sucker to me, i.e. that he fell for her in some kind of way, either seeing her as a needy woman being besieged by the press, public, etc. and he wanted to be the "he-man" who came to her rescue, or he is just in this thing for his fifteen minutes. The way he apparently folded and told all when confronted leads me to believe it is more likely to be the former, but time will tell, if we start seeing his face on NG and more outlets. Then it would kind of point to the latter.

tk71texas
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
i wonder how close they lived near each other....maybe in the past they ran met at the store, gas station, or whatever......i also think it's an affair from the past

helpfulcharlie
07-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Sounds to me like she grasped at the first person who seemed compassionate and supportive, and gave him all she had left, which was herself.

I also believe if she was telling him to lie to her attorney about visiting his home, they were doing more than sexting, despite his denials. Were I in his place, I would deny sleeping with her too. Probably to my grave. Deny deny deny.

And as to the thought of MC having access to her phone and possibly planting those texts and images himself, all I can say is to quote my favorite current SNL skit: "Really?"

SurfieTX
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I wonder if Kyron saw or heard something between MC and TH.

matou
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
* TH sent the texts and photos herself....after all, there are HUNDREDS of them, not just a few.

* All of the details in the request for contempt were given to Kaine by LE, not vice-versa.

* Somewhere it was stated that MC moved to the Pdx area within the last 8 or 9 months, and had been planning to hook up with Kaine to have dinner or get together with their kids, but they never got around to it, then Kyron goes missing. He offers to help and aligns himself with 2 other high school alumni also in Pdx, they organize the group that did the banners/bracelets. OK, I can buy that. But...

Somehow or another, on or around 6/28 he indicates in news reports, he and Terri are now friends and he feels closer to her?????

* Until Terri rescinds her original permission given to LE when Kyron first went missing, her phone and computer records are available to them without a warrant. I wonder if this still holds true even with a new phone plan/number/ disposable????

* Looking up Kaines new address on Google maps, and asking MC to lie to her own attorney......why would he do that?? There must be a motive for this, yet I can't figure it out...He denies having any sexual activity with TH, yet he was infatuated enough to go this far?? Something is missing here, and I want to know what it is...

Right on, Ratchett! I feel the same way plus I feel they knew each other prior to Kyron's disappearance. JMO

AlexisFresca
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes

Just when I feel like I've seen it all, fast forward to the Kyron case. Hollywood writers don't even come up with this stuff! jmo

Had to quote you, BDE because you said everything I have been thinking since I heard this break last nite on HLN.

Wow. So many questions. What were these two thinking?

And I keep seeing posters going to the possible conclusion that MC is the one who did the "hitting on." How do we know it wasn't Terri who did the pursuing? Certainly sounds that way to me...she is apparently the one who sent the graphic texts and pics. I didn't hear LE say that HE sent any.

Does anyone know if MC was the guy in the pickup truck who was taking food and other supplies to Terri when the media were camped out at the house? (before Kaine left with the baby).

What is a bat phone?

CaringCitizen
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM
It makes me think that possibly either the concent TH to check her cell when Kyron went missing at first...might have not had a set "end date" ie they were allowed to monitor all her records, not just from date a-date b...it could also be noted that it would apply to "any phone" she had access to, which at the time she might have thought that it applied say to her cell and the house phone...not any "new" phone she might get....

All good points :) but the thing to remember is that investigations aren't mostly about consent. Some aspects are - for example, LE cannot force a person to take a polygraph so they do the 'pretty please' thing and create social pressure.

Of course, LE often does ask for permission early on in an investigation as they are sorting through facts and who's who. In Kyron's case for example, asking his family, their neighbors, etc if they could do cursory searches of their homes and yards, or a step further with his 4 parents by asking for polygraphs, etc is likely the type of consent you are referring to. There is social pressure in any case for people to "do the right thing" and eliminate themselves so the investigation can move forward.

BUT the minute LE becomes suspicious of a certain person they don't need consent from that person (but some things require a judge's approval) in order to sleuth them. If you think for example about the cell pings and bank records - those certainly were not obtained due to Terri saying "sure, go ahead". Those were obtained by LE because they had sufficient reason to dig further on this particular person.

LE, with consent from a judge can do all kinds of things to monitor a suspicious person; they can tail them, check records of all sorts, obtain employment data like time-card stamps, bug their homes, obtain video records, etc. This is how a case is built and how LE can finally get to a point of certainty about a perp. Sometimes that certainty leads to 'this can't be the person' and sometimes it leads to 'this has to be the person'.

If it's the latter, one hopes enough evidence can be put together for an arrest and enough after that for the much harder burden of a jury conviction.

Bottom line, Terri does not need to give consent for LE to sleuth her or her cell phone sexting ;); the only consent at this point that she could give would be to continue talking to them - which, unfortunately for society and little Kyron, she will not ever do again. :furious:

GrainneDhu
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Respectfully snipped.

A friend of mine was unexpectedly widowed; her husband died in his sleep of a heart attack with absolutely no prior symptoms of heart trouble. He was only 57 years old.

She called me about two weeks after the funeral, completely creeped out. One of their friends, a married man, had made a pass at her that day. Her husband hadn't even been dead for a month! And this guy was married (and had a story about how misunderstood he was, etc). She remembered how he gave her a lonnnngg hug at the wake in front of his wife and how she thought he was trying to comfort her.

I'm not saying that this is what happened with TMH and MC; just that this is possible, gross as it sounds.

tlcya
07-13-2010, 01:57 PM

I had that same thought but realized it could make perfect sense. You are having an affair. then you must stop seeing your lover because of SERIOUS SCRUTINY by LE, the public, your spouse, the press, the baker, the grocer, the candlestick maker. So suddenly the only way to get the thrill of your affair is via sexting like a horny little teen. That coupled with the high risk/stress of the current situation could have taken things to a whole new level of stupid.

GingerRed
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
I had that same thought but realized it could make perfect sense. You are having an affair. then you must stop seeing your lover because of SERIOUS SCRUTINY by LE, the public, your spouse, the press, the baker, the grocer, the candlestick maker. So suddenly the only way to get the thrill of your affair is via sexting like a horny little teen. That coupled with the high risk/stress of the current situation could have taken things to a whole new level of stupid.

(BBM)

That's an angle on this I can buy. You really nailed it at the end--excellent.

Mylou
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Wasn't he ever concerned about the alleged MFH ?

debirlfan
07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
And as to the thought of MC having access to her phone and possibly planting those texts and images himself, all I can say is to quote my favorite current SNL skit: "Really?"

You know - you're right. But when I suggested it, I never considered the possibility that the texts and photos might have come from a new cell phone.

As soon as that was mentioned - it occurred to me... who could logically have naked photos of TH, a motive for making her look bad, and the ability to get a phone in her name? Oddly, someone who also has a copy of the RO - and is friends with MC.

If TH denies sending the photos, who's going to believe her?

I'm not saying TH is innocent of everything, but this whole texting thing doesn't make sense - and as Judge Judy likes to say, if it doesn't make sense....

tlcya
07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
It is entirely possible that Kaine or LE for that matter has installed spyware on Terri's phone and computer and is monitoring every word.

GrainneDhu
07-13-2010, 02:17 PM

jmo

I admit that googling KH's address was suspicious but would it have been illegal for TMH to do so?

I could see an argument that she needed to know exactly where it was she was supposed to avoid going.

It really looks bad but does it rise to the level of illegality?

ami
07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Looking up Kaines new address on Google maps, and asking MC to lie to her own attorney......why would he do that?? There must be a motive for this, yet I can't figure it out...He denies having any sexual activity with TH, yet he was infatuated enough to go this far?? Something is missing here, and I want to know what it is...

I'm wondering if it wasn't a sort of 'knight in shining armor' thing for MC. You know, he comes in to help with the Kyron search and there's the stepmother, heartbroken and crying, perhaps with a story about her heartless husband and bad marriage, she could have been "misunderstood and falsely accused", MC can feel like a hero for stepping up and believing in her, "don't tell anyone... it could be misunderstood..." and that sort of thing. I can see kind of how it could fly if the guy was a bit of a doormat.

Mylou
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Wierd all around , who would have known he even seen the RO without a photo of it?

GrainneDhu
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM

Consider that at least two media sources released articles about what was in the RO, attributed to "unnamed sources."

I think it is most likely, Occam and all, that the other two people were reporters.

tlcya
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
It is interesting that there is a photo of the RO on his phone. Why did he or Terri need to photograph it? Terri has a copy and she could easily text, read word for word or phsyically show it to him. What was the point of photographing it?

I agree with the poster who referenced Judge Judy - if it don't make sense it probably isn't true.

ElizaAvalon
07-13-2010, 02:28 PM
This isn't about sex. This wasn't an affair. This is about a woman needing someone to help her and the only way she knows how to get a man to help her is to use sex.

I think this is how it went down:

Kaine and Baby K move out, Kaine gets restraining order.

Terri, seeing no way she can do ANYTHING without LE pouncing on her, knows she needs an accomplice, someone who can do her bidding without being tailed, without having their vehicle followed. She wants Baby K back. Perhaps she has unfinished business with her removal of Kyron. She needs a man to do as he is asked (and I don't mean sex).

Perhaps she remembers Mr. Cook commenting on her beautiful red hair and how much he likes redheads. So maybe she gives him a ringy-dingy: "Can you please help me, Mike? I cannot leave my house without paparazzi all over me and I need a quart of milk. Kaine left me with Baby K and I am a mess."

Mike to the rescue.

Unfortunately, Mike probably fell for it hook, line and sinker. And then he was hanging around Terri a little too much for LE's liking.

So then he was investigated.

And it all fell apart.

That's what I think happened. No, I do not think they knew each other before June 4th. No, I do not think they were having an affair, at least not in Terri's eyes. She needed him for other things and sex was just the lure.

WhyaDuck?
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
It is interesting that there is a photo of the RO on his phone. Why did he or Terri need to photograph it? Terri has a copy and she could easily text, read word for word or phsyically show it to him. What was the point of photographing it?

I agree with the poster who referenced Judge Judy - if it don't make sense it probably isn't true.

For a scandal book later...?

MOO

Quiche
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Was this MC dude at the science fair? :waitasec: Does he have any ties to SI?

ElizaAvalon
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM

Mr. Avalon does this all the time. He'll take a photo with his cellphone of an address, a phone number, you name it, so that he doesn't have to type it.

Coupled with the google map of the address, I can only surmise that Terri was trying to get Mike to stalk the house for her.

sneezy
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
I wonder if Kyron saw or heard something between MC and TH.

or between TH and any man?

could it be that Kyron heard/saw something and while they were out that morning he asked a question that lead TH to believe he might be privy to something....and when she said, oh you never mind...he said "I'll ask dad when I get home"

TH panicked and did something to prevent that?

SleuthyMama
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if MC was the guy in the pickup truck who was taking food and other supplies to Terri when the media were camped out at the house? (before Kaine left with the baby).

What is a bat phone?

A bat phone is a throwaway phone...one that someone would hope could not be traced.

adh74
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, something here just doesn't pass the smell test. Why would he have gone over to the house in the first place, and if they were hiding KH and the baby from TH, then why would her copy of the papers have had their address on them - wouldn't it have been blacked out? The way I see it, we only have MC's word that it was TH's copy of the RO that he saw/photographed.

I also find this whole "affair" a little odd, too. Of course, if someone else got ahold of TH's cell phone, they could have sent anything to anybody with it...

The "sexting" included pics of TH un various forms of undress. Don't think that was done without her knowledge and participation.

gliving
07-13-2010, 02:49 PM
You know - you're right. But when I suggested it, I never considered the possibility that the texts and photos might have come from a new cell phone.

As soon as that was mentioned - it occurred to me... who could logically have naked photos of TH, a motive for making her look bad, and the ability to get a phone in her name? Oddly, someone who also has a copy of the RO - and is friends with MC.

I'm not saying TH is innocent of everything, but this whole texting thing doesn't make sense - and as Judge Judy likes to say, if it doesn't make sense....

I so agree. With hundreds of texts and pix, it almost sounds like a packet or file was sent over Terri's phone.

nyvictoria
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
MC was in the house - and could have accessed her phone - and any paperwork (the RO) that was laying about. If someone wanted to make her look bad....

There were hundreds of texts and several photographs on his phone. It sounds like he may have taken the photographs. If they were originally on Terri's phone, I don't think anyone but Terri sent them to MC's phone. The contempt papers state she showed him the RO. Granted this is K's lawyer stating the facts as told to him by LE who were told by MC but I believe it's accurate.

There's a chance someone could be trying to make her look bad. I'm wondering who you think would be trying to set her up and why?

GrainneDhu
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM

If my theory about the other two people being reporters is correct, he took the pix in order to convince them that there was a basis for the story.

Without the pix, would any reporter have believed him? I doubt it.

Mylou
07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I guess he MC wants to be infamous too.

debirlfan
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
The "sexting" included pics of TH un various forms of undress. Don't think that was done without her knowledge and participation.

Yes, but WHEN were they taken? They could have been taken months ago to be sent to (or even taken by) her husband. We have no way of knowing that they were taken on the date that they were sent.

ami
Hmm...you think he was getting paid for verifiable info? That would make sense. That would also make him pretty heartless.

CaringCitizen
... it occurred to me... who could logically have naked photos of TH, a motive for making her look bad, and the ability to get a phone in her name? Oddly, someone who also has a copy of the RO - and is friends with MC.

Wow! I am surprised any of us on the board are thinking someone else did the sexting and sent the photos of Terri, without her involvement. To believe this, one would have to believe that during the course of the hundreds of text exchanges, there was never any real-world follow-up to it.

Meaning, per your theory "someone" was acting as Terri, sending photos and sexual text messages to Michael Cook and then Terri and Michael never spoke of any of it or acted in private like anything sexual was taking place. So poor Mr. Cook thinks he is interacting with Terri Horman when it is really someone else but he doesn't realize it because when they talk on the phone or are in person together, they don't act like a single text was ever sent.

Now, that is what doesn't make any sense!!

Terri most certainly is the one texting with and sending sexual images of herself to Michael Cook.

Mylou
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Pretty sorted mess, if it all turns out to be a stranger abduction after all.

newone
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
A friend of mine was unexpectedly widowed; her husband died in his sleep of a heart attack with absolutely no prior symptoms of heart trouble. He was only 57 years old.

She called me about two weeks after the funeral, completely creeped out. One of their friends, a married man, had made a pass at her that day. Her husband hadn't even been dead for a month! And this guy was married (and had a story about how misunderstood he was, etc). She remembered how he gave her a lonnnngg hug at the wake in front of his wife and how she thought he was trying to comfort her.

I'm not saying that this is what happened with TMH and MC; just that this is possible, gross as it sounds.

Thanks for posting this....it DOES happen and most of us 'freak' when it does...after a death of a spouse we look to our friends for support not a horizontal tango....

debirlfan
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
There were hundreds of texts and several photographs on his phone. It sounds like he may have taken the photographs. If they were originally on Terri's phone, I don't think anyone but Terri sent them to MC's phone. The contempt papers state she showed him the RO. Granted this is K's lawyer stating the facts as told to him by LE who were told by MC but I believe it's accurate.

There's a chance someone could be trying to make her look bad. I'm wondering who you think would be trying to set her up and why?

If her husband believes that she tried to have him killed, and/or that she stole or harmed his son, then I'm sure he would love to have her locked up. If the police don't have enough evidence to arrest her for the disappearance or the MFH scheme, then getting her arrested for sharing the RO would serve his purposes.

Mylou
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't get it , with the craziness of it all, how could she TH pull off anything without getting caught. She hasn't had much luck as of late, in anything.