PDA

View Full Version : Searchers return to area near skyline school.

Pages : [1] 2

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
If I may please put this here.Here is something that is actually helping to find little Kyron.

They are looking for people in trucks?

Are they searching around here right now?

Quote.What was all this about?

tip.

"A big SUV showed up with a couple of people in it; they wanted to know if I was this certain family," he said. "They had a tip why they wanted to talk to this family. That's all they told me."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24248542/detail.html

AnaTeresa
07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Good! It sounds like they have some solid leads.

winterrose
07-13-2010, 08:24 PM
If I may please put this here.Here is something that is actually helping to find little Kyron.

They are looking for people in trucks?

Are they searching around here right now?

Quote.What was all this about?

tip.

"A big SUV showed up with a couple of people in it; they wanted to know if I was this certain family," he said. "They had a tip why they wanted to talk to this family. That's all they told me."

So it seems like someone has given them some names or at least a family name.I'm so glad that Roger didn't tell the media who.

Donjeta
07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Pickup trucks. Hmm. They keep popping up.

BeanE
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
They said the investigators appeared to focus on people who own pickup trucks.

That's interesting.

winterrose
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah they sure do,twice on that one road and then the one passing a man that day.

matou
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
They are looking for pickup trucks in the area near Skyline School.

More recently, people living near Skyline Elementary School said detectives have scoured previously-searched properties over the past 10 days. They said the investigators appeared to focus on people who own pickup trucks.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
So it seems like someone has given them some names or at least a family name.I'm so glad that Roger didn't tell the media who.
Does it look like someone they have not looked at before?Family with a white truck?They don't know who they are yet?

winterrose
07-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Does it look like someone they have not looked at before?Family with a white truck?They don't know who they are yet?

More recently, people living near Skyline Elementary School said detectives have scoured previously-searched properties over the past 10 days. They said the investigators appeared to focus on people who own pickup trucks.

One man, who wished to be identified only as Roger, said investigators came to his home within the past week on a tip.

liz b.
07-13-2010, 08:34 PM
This sounds good, some real forward movement. Hope LE gets who they are looking for...

All JMO

KR2tonenow
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
They are looking for pickup trucks in the area near Skyline School.

I think based on the timeline with TH the AM Kyron went missing - it makes sense that locations surrounding the school would and should be looked at intensely. If they are honing in on pick up trucks, all the better.

scandi
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi, In the O/P it says they were looking for members of a certain family so I think they had the name. All good

Sounds to me like they are looking for an accomplice don't you think?

Pocono Sleuther
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Those darn pick ups. I don't care where they search or how many times they search, just as long as they find Kyron. And I do believe they WILL find Kyron.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes very interesting.Not Terri's and Kaines truck.

ami
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm so glad to hear there's more happening behind the scenes with this investigation than chasing after TH's sexts. I'm very encouraged to read how seriously they're taking some of these tips.

Pocono Sleuther
07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi, In the O/P it says they were looking for members of a certain family so I think they had the name. All good

I'd sure say so scandi. Have to admit that I was one who believed 'she' acted alone tho. So this statement throws me for a bit of a loop.

AnaTeresa
It will be completely shocking if, after all of this, Kyron's abduction turns out to be completely unrelated to TMH.

I wonder if who they are looking for is a potential witness - or a potential person of interest?

sixnsolid

Yup! ITA!

winterrose

Looking for the ones that are holding him,I imagine.We'll have to watch the other media sources,they'll pick it up.

BeanE

It sure does!

scandi
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I think based on the timeline with TH the AM Kyron went missing - it makes sense that locations surrounding the school would and should be looked at intensely. If they are honing in on pick up trucks, all the better.

Also KR2, maybe pick up truck owners might be more atune to looking at and even remembering other pick up trucks.

I wonder if it is the green pick up/SUV of Mr C's they are trying to place near the school that morning :eek:

RubyRed
It is good to know they are still searching.

debirlfan
Any chance they might be trying to verify the "friend with the white truck" that the tipster who claims to have seen TH mentioned?

sleuthy sleutherson
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM

It's odd they say certain family...friends of someone maybe? This is exciting news, hope it turns out to be huge.

Amster
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe looking to see if someone with a pickup like Terri was driving that morning pulled out of that road that the most recent tip mentioned?

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Maybe someone other than Terri.

As my kids would say.Wait for it. Wait for it.From the cartoon Phineas and Ferb

scandi
07-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Maybe someone other than Terri.

As my kids would say.Wait for it. Wait for it.From the cartoon Phineas and Ferb

How cupe ;} I can just hear your kids. When we were little ones and my Mom would use the D word, we'd always come back with 'ding it'. LOLOL

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for posting this, Ms. Susanne, like you I have been wondering and worrying about any searching going on. I wish they would re-search all of the land around Hormans home and adjacent areas. But I am very glad that something is happening behind the scenes and hope that there is some kind of evidence of what happened brought to light soon. I don't want to see this case turn into nothing but fodder for the tabloids. I know it is becoming that way already, but as long as the case moves forward and Kyron is found, I don't care what the media talks about.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Also KR2, maybe pick up truck owners might be more atune to looking at and even remembering other pick up trucks.

I wonder if it is the green pick up/SUV of Mr C's they are trying to place near the school that morning :eek:
I was thinking of a white one that was seen twice near the school.

momtective
07-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Here I am again thinking maybe she (Terri) sent him on vacation with another family. Maybe the electric project was Niagra Falls... Hey at this point I think anything is possible and I love possibilities that indicate Kyron is still alive.

joeskidbeck
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
My take on looking for the family name was that they were looking for the person/family that relayed the tip and not necessarily an accomplice.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 09:05 PM
I just want to know if they are doing actual searches with dogs or just possibly trying to find this family with a truck.

Chili Fries
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
It will be completely shocking if, after all of this, Kyron's abduction turns out to be completely unrelated to TMH.

It would be but you never know. As I posted before...in the Somer Thompson case LE were focused on a creepy guy named RC who lived next door to where Somer was last seen. He would interact with the children walking home from school, saying "If I can't have kids, then I'll have somebody else's to play with, you know? I've got lots of kids that pass by." He seemed like the stereotypical predator. He even had a little puppy he would bring out to entice the children. And he had made some odd movements the evening Somer went missing, related to his landscaping business, which made LE believe he might have been the one who took her body to a dumpster. He even failed a polygraph. Every thing about him was just about as suspicious as possible.

But they had DNA from Somer's body. When they got the results back it exonerated RC. So the focus shifted from him to a tip which led them to the guy who was eventually arrested and is awaiting trial for her murder.

I still think LE have extremely compelling reasons to suspect TH and this new search effort may be related to an accomplice but you never know. I hope we hear more.

PoppyH
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I just want to know if they are doing actual searches with dogs or just possibly trying to find this family with a white truck.

Looking for a faimly with a white truck??:waitasec: I thought it was just pickups, not any specific color

KR2tonenow
07-13-2010, 09:22 PM

I was looking at the other thread at the real estate listings on Logie Trail Rd, and my thought was how easy would it be for TH allegedly passing Kyron off to MC - would explain the sighting of green truck from witness - TH onto the gym and MC onto ?? IMO

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I also hope we hear more about it, but if they don't find anything, we probably won't. :(

DairyGirl
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
If I had a nickel for every pick up truck in Oregon I would be rich.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Looking for a faimly with a white truck??:waitasec: I thought it was just pickups, not any specific color
Your right they said pick ups.I changed it to just truck.I think it is white trucks.We'll just wait and see what they were looking for.

TxLady2
07-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, we here in the South call pickups, trucks. Unless it's a small pickup, then it's just a pickup, but anything from a 1/2 ton to a 1 ton is a truck. Even if it's a pickup.
Are you confused yet?
The guy saying they asked if they were "this family"... I take that to mean he didn't want his last name in the news, and could be his was the family they were asking about.
Could be too, they checked registration records for anyone in that general area who owned pickups, and checked the addresses.
Good to know they are following some of those 2000+ leads they've gotten.

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I didn't get the impression he meant his own family...but that he did not want to say a name and have it printed, which is a switch...probably the family they asked about did nothing more than phone in a tip, but the internet is greedy for names to associate with this case.

CCup
07-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Around people call SUV's trucks....which BTW drive me crazy!

Amster
07-13-2010, 10:01 PM
My adorable, precious, smart 2 yr. old grandson calls my Expedition, "Nana's truck"....so....I drive a truck!

jnTexas
07-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Hmmm...So LE is looking for a certain family. Why in the Hello don't they look them up on the DMV and get their vehicle description and license number? this is just weird.

Aedrys
07-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, so maybe Terri drove her white pickup to an accomplice's house, then transferred herself and the kids into the accomplice's truck? Then later returned to get her truck or met up with the accomplice to trade back trucks? Holy smokes, this family might have been unwitting accomplices and don't know it yet!

kappy50
07-13-2010, 10:20 PM
My adorable, precious, smart 2 yr. old grandson calls my Expedition, "Nana's truck"....so....I drive a truck!

omg...mine does to, to my expedition as well..but all we drive in our family are SUV's and pick-em-up trucks! Now we do have an old brown ford F150 that we use on the farm, whom my grandson call's the ole brown mule!

scandi
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Hmmm...So LE is looking for a certain family. Why in the Hello don't they look them up on the DMV and get their vehicle description and license number? this is just weird.Maybe they have that but want to find the truck. Or they have that info and want to know who else in the immediate area saw it up by the school that morning. Makes sense to me. People who own pick up trucks notice all other pick up trucks. People who drive Harley's always glance at other Harleys's etc. IMO

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 10:25 PM
It will probably turn out to be another false tip, but at least they are checking. Still, the way things are reported and/or told to the media just make every single thing about this case more and more mysterious and give fifteen ways to interpret it.

scandi
07-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Hmmm, so maybe Terri drove her white pickup to an accomplice's house, then transferred herself and the kids into the accomplice's truck? Then later returned to get her truck or met up with the accomplice to trade back trucks? Holy smokes, this family might have been unwitting accomplices and don't know it yet!

Maybe trying to be cagey you mean? Pretty complicated to really work as you would have much more exposure to being seen IMO, but of course possible. Usually it ends up being the most simple solution.

It would be interesting to learn if she has been a detail gal all of her life. I think this was well planned. I just almost had a stroke sitting here thinking about your post and imagined she drove the acccomplice's truck back to her property to bury him off Logie Trail Rd :eek: Just thinkin and IMO

Etilema
07-13-2010, 10:41 PM

A couple of things I don't understand.

1) Is "a big SUV" definitely a police vehicle? He described "a couple of people", not "policemen", either wearing uniforms or displaying badges to identify themselves.

2) If they were looking for "a certain family", why would police not know how to locate them? Couldn't they not look up their address?

Could this have been a private detective?

Or, maybe this was just somebody who was lost in the neighborhood, looking for a particular house and this guy just interpreted it as part of the investigation?

SleuthyGal
07-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Do you folks REALLY think Kyron is alive and being held by someone? I highly doubt LE actually believes this. Seriously, what are the odds nearly 6 weeks into this?

I think they're looking for leads, for witnesses, for a body, and for anyone who can give them info about what happened on June 4th.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 10:55 PM

1) Is "a big SUV" definitely a police vehicle? He described "a couple of people", not "policemen", either wearing uniforms or displaying badges to identify themselves.

2) If they were looking for "a certain family", why would police not know how to locate them? Couldn't they not look up their address?

Or, maybe this was just somebody who was lost in the neighborhood, looking for a particular house and this guy just interpreted it as part of the investigation?
I was just thinking the same thing.I hope not just anyone that was not LE went to this poor mans house asking questions especially maybe trying to find another family?That's scary.I really hope it was LE.I guess they don't know who this family is yet?Maybe LE heard about a family from some people at the school or something.I don't know.

lillyfrog
07-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Do you folks REALLY think Kyron is alive and being held by someone? I highly doubt LE actually believes this. Seriously, what are the odds nearly 6 weeks into this?

I think they're looking for leads, for witnesses, for a body, and for anyone who can give them info about what happened on June 4th.

odds are slim but anything is possible

oceanblueeyes
07-13-2010, 10:58 PM
If LE is so convinced already that it was Terri Horman that took Kyron from school that day in their white Ford 250 then why are they back around the school looking for a particular family and another truck?

Did LE spot this particular truck in the videos that they received?

IMO

AnaTeresa
07-13-2010, 10:58 PM

Personally, I don't. However, given how tight-lipped LE has been with this, it's possible they may have evidence that Kyron was abducted for a certain purpose, and thus kept alive. It's a stretch, but somewhat possible.

Given the statistics, though, I'm not overly optimistic. :(

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Now I am wondering too if this even was LE...they would have to identify themselves in some way, wouldn't they? This is very vague, the way it is stated. I wonder if it is even some sneaky reporters...

SleuthyGal
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Wait, what? A report may be inaccurate? In this case? And it got reported anyway?

Well I never...

Pensfan
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Skyline school is out in the boonies and many people drive pick ups in rural area. I don’t think this search points to the exoneration of one of the main players (notice I didn’t say POI). LE may have to rule out the other white trucks in this rural vicinity because the "rule-out info" will need to be presented to a jury or grand jury.

raeann
07-13-2010, 11:06 PM

In the movies, all the FBI guys drive big SUV's. :)

oceanblueeyes
07-13-2010, 11:07 PM

All I hope is they do not have tunnel vision which has happened in other cases but are following up on each and every tip they have received.

Well if you had asked me the same question about Shasta Greone being alive or Elizabeth Smart, Jacee Duggard, Shawn Hornbeck or Steven Staynor and others, I would have probably said "no I dont think they are alive" but then I would have been wrong and I was wrong in those cases because I felt with so much time passing they surely had to be deceased.

But for the first time I do believe Kyron is alive and I do think Kaine and Desiree has been told why LE thinks he IS alive.

IMO

suzet
07-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I followed little Somers case very closely and defended her mother.I told people she did deserve an apology if they were wrong.Your right,not alot of people did apologize to her.It was very sad.Well,if Terri really is innocent they should to her too.

I would also like to include Kaine and Desiree. They do not deserve the mudslinging I have read on the net. They are victims, grieving parents. They lost their sweet little boy. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

cluciano63
07-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't have a good feeling about Kyron being alive. That kind of a plot, working this long if TH is involved, requires more than I think she is capable of. But that is for another thread.

What I am wondering here is if this man really spoke with Le or someone trying to get dirt on a certain family that has been bashed on other websites...

oceanblueeyes
07-13-2010, 11:15 PM
I would also like to include Kaine and Desiree. They do not deserve the mudslinging I have read on the net. They are victims, grieving parents. They lost their sweet little boy. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

I agree with that but Somer's mom was accused of murdering her own precious child. Nothing can hurt worse than to be falsely accused of killing your own child that you love imo.

But it also happened to Mark Lunsford and Steve Greone before the real monsters were finally caught. The false accusations were brutal across the net.

imo

oceanblueeyes
07-13-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't have a good feeling about Kyron being alive. That kind of a plot, working this long if TH is involved, requires more than I think she is capable of. But that is for another thread.

What I am wondering here is if this man really spoke with Le or someone trying to get dirt on a certain family that has been bashed on other websites...

Since he said they had been in the area three times I am sure they all can recognize them by now. The black SUV sounds like it may have been the FBI.

IMO

Jack
07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Around people call SUV's trucks....which BTW drive me crazy!

If not trucks what are they? I drive an SUV and refer to it as my truck on occasion. It is built not on a car base but on a truck base, which makes it a truck. There are some smaller type SUVs which are built on "car" bases and they shoudn't be called trucks because they are essentially passenger cars. Don't mean to get off topic but I noticed this and had to comment.

mrsu
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Now I am wondering too if this even was LE...they would have to identify themselves in some way, wouldn't they? This is very vague, the way it is stated. I wonder if it is even some sneaky reporters...

Could it be someone Houze is working with??

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
All I hope is they do not have tunnel vision which has happened in other cases but are following up on each and every tip they have received.

Well if you had asked me the same question about Shasta Greone being alive or Elizabeth Smart, Jacee Duggard, Shawn Hornbeck or Steven Staynor and others, I would have probably said "no I dont think they are alive" but then I would have been wrong and I was wrong in those cases because I felt with so much time passing they surely had to be deceased.

But for the first time I do believe Kyron is alive and I do think Kaine and Desiree has been told why LE thinks he IS alive.

IMO
I agree.I hope they don't have tunnel vision too.This case reminds me of JonBenet Ramsey case.DA at the house,Grand jury,suspected the Ramseys.They were just so sure.

Chili Fries
07-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I followed little Somers case very closely and defended her mother.I told people she did deserve an apology if they were wrong.Your right,not alot of people did apologize to her.It was very sad.Well,if Terri really is innocent they should to her too.

One thing about Somer's case is there were some very disturbing issues in the history of her family that were never reported or fully reported by the press. Her family would have gotten much more discussion if they had been known. That is a big difference in this case, the skeletons are out there, at least Terri's are. Partially because some have happened since Kyron's disappearance, after media attention was focused on the family.

Here though it's really not the press or internet chatter that has had the biggest effect on the public perception of Terri, it's Kaine and Desiree. I think we have to take their pleas seriously. Even if they are wrong I still wouldn't condemn them for it, because I sincerely believe they are doing what they feel is best for their son.

suzet
07-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree with that but Somer's mom was accused of murdering her own precious child. Nothing can hurt worse than to be falsely accused of killing your own child that you love imo.

But it also happened to Mark Lunsford and Steve Greone before the real monsters were finally caught. The false accusations were brutal across the net.

imo

Oh, believe me, I have read many many posts in the past five six weeks that have attempted to implicate Kaine and Desiree for Kyron's disappearance and heaven knows what else, so imo, I believe the two of them do know the hurt and pain of being falsely accused of having something to do with Kyron missing, if they are unfortunate enough to have read the garbage that is being printed about them. Very sad.

grandmaj
07-13-2010, 11:34 PM
OK we don't talk about other posters....... ever....... that is just not kewl.

And this thread is OT. Get back on topic.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
One thing about Somer's case is there were some very disturbing issues in the history of her family that were never reported or fully reported by the press. Her family would have gotten much more discussion if they had been known. That is a big difference in this case, the skeletons are out there, at least Terri's are. Partially because some have happened since Kyron's disappearance, after media attention was focused on the family.

Here though it's really not the press or internet chatter that has had the biggest effect on the public perception of Terri, it's Kaine and Desiree. I think we have to take their pleas seriously. Even if they are wrong I still wouldn't condemn them for it, because I sincerely believe they are doing what they feel is best for their son.
And most were not skeletons for Terri,DUI 5 years ago is not today.Post partum depression that she was over.I feel mutual fighting between her and Kaine.I feel a bogus botched up murder for hire accusation that wasn't proved.No one coming out and talking bad about her but Kaine for a month.Grant it the sexing(what ever you call it) wasn't good.That was stupid.But does not make her guilty of hurting Kyron in any way.It was after he filed for divorce.Why can't she go out with who she wants now.

Where does any of this prove she is Guilty of hurting Kyron in any way.It doesn't.

oceanblueeyes
07-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Oh, believe me, I have read many many posts in the past five six weeks that have attempted to implicate Kaine and Desiree for Kyron's disappearance and heaven knows what else, so imo, I believe the two of them do know the hurt and pain of being falsely accused of having something to do with Kyron missing, if they are unfortunate enough to have read the garbage that is being printed about them. Very sad.

I have seen comments about them, mostly about their personalities or their past but I guess I missed the accusations that they had killed Kyron.

But I agree...any parent who is falsely accused of harming their child has to crush their hearts beyond belief.

Years ago I didn't think the internet crime sites carried much weight but I no longer believe that. Mark Lunsford commented one time that he had read on the net what others had accused him and his family of and I will never forget the hurt and anger in his eyes.

IMO

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
She probably did the sexting to get back at Kaine for walking out on her and taking the baby.

IMO
And maybe needed someone there for her.

cj1132
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I am known for my instincts and my instincts say, TH is not responsible for the disappearance of KH. I will concede that the choices she made were not very smart and I also think she may have created the situation by the contacts she made. Not a popular opinion and believe me, I've almost been swayed but I just can't do it.

Kimster
07-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Tip of the thread:

It is a TOS violation to complain about your fellow Websleuths members in your posts.

There have been a lot of TOS violations on this thread. Not good at all.

liz b.
07-13-2010, 11:47 PM

I thought the same thing for a moment. But, after I went back and read ...

" Over the past 10 days DETECTIVES have scoured previously searched properties near Skyline Elementary School " and Roger said that " investigators came to his house. " On a tip... I'm convinced now that it's LE, and wow, I hope this tip is THE one .... Interesting that it's all about private properties around that school...

Aedrys
07-13-2010, 11:49 PM

" Over the past 10 days DETECTIVES have scoured previously searched properties near Skyline Elementary School " and Roger said that " investigators came to his house. " On a tip... I'm convinced now that it's LE, and wow, I hope this tip is THE one .... Interesting that it's all about private properties around that school...

I hope you're right, and I think they need to include Rainbow Lake as part of their search area.

Chili Fries
07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
In case people didn't watch the video, the road they showed was NW Plainview Rd, which is a little more than 1000 feet from the school. The set of houses on that road is the first set of houses directly east of the school. You can see the route from the school to NW Plainview Rd on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=11536+Northwest+Skyline+Boulevard+Portland,+ OR+97231-2603&daddr=11028+NW+Plainview+Rd,+Portland,+OR+97231&hl=en&geocode=%3BCSQvWzwozE4pFfjYtwIdgUCt-CnJPPGe-gaVVDGbZ3hxsRwFxw&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=45.603094,-122.863476&sspn=0.009953,0.022724&g=11028+NW+Plainview+Rd+Portland,+OR&ie=UTF8&z=17

The guy they interview for the story has a very uncommon last name (not listed in the video but it's easy to find). Maybe that had something to do with them looking for someone at his house.

Ms Suzanne
07-13-2010, 11:51 PM

I really hope and pray it's the one tip they need too to find Kyron.

carole
07-13-2010, 11:53 PM

Maybe FBI?

Jaxson
07-13-2010, 11:56 PM
If not trucks what are they? I drive an SUV and refer to it as my truck on occasion. It is built not on a car base but on a truck base, which makes it a truck. There are some smaller type SUVs which are built on "car" bases and they shoudn't be called trucks because they are essentially passenger cars. Don't mean to get off topic but I noticed this and had to comment.

My '77 3/4 ton Suburban (I call it my bourbon) is a truck!

Jaxson
07-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I was guessing PI working for Houze also...

scandi
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
In case people didn't watch the video, the road they showed was NW Plainview Rd, which is a little more than 1000 feet from the school. The set of houses on that road is the first set of houses directly east of the school. You can see the route from the school to NW Plainview Rd on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=11536+Northwest+Skyline+Boulevard+Portland,+ OR+97231-2603&daddr=11028+NW+Plainview+Rd,+Portland,+OR+97231&hl=en&geocode=%3BCSQvWzwozE4pFfjYtwIdgUCt-CnJPPGe-gaVVDGbZ3hxsRwFxw&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=45.603094,-122.863476&sspn=0.009953,0.022724&g=11028+NW+Plainview+Rd+Portland,+OR&ie=UTF8&z=17

The guy they interview for the story has a very uncommon last name (not listed in the video but it's easy to find). Maybe that had something to do with them looking for someone at his house.Hey Chili, Thanks for that. Isn't it strange there is another little road with the same name - Plainview Rd, which is off Cornelius Pass Rd. Just odd it all as I know the address is on the longer Plainview Rd.

Chili Fries
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Hey Chili, Thanks for that. Isn't it strange there is another little road with the same name - Plainview Rd, which is off Cornelius Pass Rd. Just odd it all as I know the address is on the longer Plainview Rd.

If you look at the street view it looks like the little road is just a driveway. Probably somebody or people with a Plainview address cut a dirt road through their property to NW Cornelius Pass. If you don't have an easement to the road of your address that's the type of thing you have to do. Google maps just marks it as Plainview Rd because it probably doesn't know what else to do with it.

rosiebean
07-14-2010, 12:12 AM
And most were not skeletons for Terri
:waitasec:

Most were Terri's skeletons.

DUI 5 years ago is not todayIn my experience, DUIs, not matter how long ago they happened, are not something to blow off in regards to information about character. Everyone I've known who has gotten one (and some of these people include very dear friends of mine) had deep issues and behavioral problems of which the DUI was a single indication. I've seen no evidence that TH worked through the issues that lead to the DUI (lack of a DUI since is, in my experience, not necessarily an indication that they've conquered the problem). It's not something that makes me think, 'oh, yeah, she's a murderer!'. But it's also something that I will take into account with other evidence and not dismiss simply because it happened before this year.

Post partum depression that she was over.I haven't read anything from an expert that states she was fully over her PPD.

I doubt the PPD played a huge role in whatever happened IF she was involved...I think TH's own personality disorders were at work there. But I would not doubt that the PPD exacerbated previously existing personality disorders...IMO.

I feel a bogus botched up murder for hire accusation that wasn't proved.You've seen all the evidence LE has? Please share.

No one coming out and talking bad about her but Kaine for a month.Well, except for DY. And her father, who didn't talk 'bad' about her, but didn't do her any favors. And add to that the fact that people at the school were asked to not talk to the media about their opinions...and I'd be shocked if they didn't have opinions...if not about TH, about the school, which by all indications, was very well run and not negligent the morning of June 4. And I'll add that Casey Anthony's friend (and family) were very adamant what a good mother she was. Scott Peterson, too...not one negative peep about him for quite a while...actually, until (like in this case) LE shared some of their evidence with the family.

Grant it the sexing(what ever you call it) wasn't good.That was stupid.But does not make her guilty of hurting Kyron in any way.It was after he filed for divorce.Why can't she go out with who she wants now.It doesn't make her guilty, but it does, IMO, show a LOT about her character and sheds light on potential personality disorders that could lead to her wanting to harm KH and Kyron. You know, early on in this sad sad case, I thought there were things about the case (not TH, but the case...the reactions people had immediately about TH, some of her behaviors) that reminded me of the Laci Peterson case. I gave TH the benefit of the doubt for several weeks, and while a couple of things made me lift by brow (two specific things on FB, the weird snuggling at the first press conference), I kept thinking..."yeah, but she's not being so obviously uninterested and uninvolved and inappropriate as Scott Peterson was." Flash forward two/three weeks later, and I find out TH...in the wake of her step son going missing and her daughter being taken away from her in a custody dispute...is sexting hundreds of photos of herself to some dude in a pattern that LE says she used when trying to convince another boyfriend to murder her husband...

OH, I think she's right up there with Scott Peterson calling his girlfriend during his missing pregnant wife's vigil.

Where does any of this prove she is Guilty of hurting Kyron in any way.It doesn't.IMO, the pattern of behavior combined with other evidence (pings, bank card data) certainly makes it very hard to believe that she had no knowledge of what happened to him.

shorty42404
07-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Okay, now.. why are they searching near Skyline? I'm kinda confused and I read all of the posts from beginning to end. Not quite understanding exactly what this could mean? Could someone lay it all out for me? Thank you kindly :heart:

Kateyes
07-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Rosiebean - didn't want to quote your whole post in the interest of saving space. I totally agree with all you said, especially that PPD exacerbated previously existing personality disorders. I have dealt with someone in my own family who had a severe case of PPD, and who saw numerous psychologists/psychiatrists. And all of them agreed that a pre-existing underlying personality disorder was exacerbated by PPD.

funknut
07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Okay, now.. why are they searching near Skyline? I'm kinda confused and I read all of the posts from beginning to end. Not quite understanding exactly what this could mean? Could someone lay it all out for me? Thank you kindly :heart:

They have a tip of some sort, that's all he said. We don't know any more at this point.

angelainwi
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM

I think someone else said FBI and I am gonna go with that too. This is a great sign!

gwenabob
07-14-2010, 12:38 AM

Or the family used to rent a house on that street and moved away suddenly around the time Kyron disappeared?

Calliope
07-14-2010, 12:40 AM

bbm

G-men?

gwenabob
07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Wow... when did that come out? Is it the house that was across (or near) the Horman's that was searched around the time the truck was towed ?

I'm just throwing out ideas like everyone else. I have no idea if that really happened. Just thought it would explain why the men were looking for a specific family as if they didn't know where they lived. Make sense?

Calliope
07-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm just throwing out ideas like everyone else. I have no idea if that really happened. Just thought it would explain why the men were looking for a specific family as if they didn't know where they lived. Make sense?

Oh ok ... sorry. I'm a bit slow on the uptake right now =\

Calliope
07-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm just glad to hear that *something* has happened with regard to the search for Kyron. I pray this is THE tip they've been waiting for...

Beatrice
07-14-2010, 01:04 AM
IMO...
Something happened between Terri & Kyron at/after the science project.
I get the distinct impression a restroom near the classroom was involved.

Kimster
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm just glad to hear that *something* has happened with regard to the search for Kyron. I pray this is THE tip they've been waiting for...

Same here!!! Between this and the new search for Lindsey Baum, I'm going to about wear out the prayer line!!

:praying: :praying:

Lord, please bring Kyron and Lindsey home!

MsFacetious
07-14-2010, 01:16 AM
In the movies, all the FBI guys drive big SUV's. :)

It's not just in the movies.... :innocent:

Sounds like FBI to me...

sorrell skye
07-14-2010, 01:28 AM
If LE is so convinced already that it was Terri Horman that took Kyron from school that day in their white Ford 250 then why are they back around the school looking for a particular family and another truck?

Did LE spot this particular truck in the videos that they received?

IMO

It does give one pause for thought, IMO.

Thx for the post Ocean!

cocolafay
07-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Could it be someone Houze is working with??

If it wasn't LE that talked to Roger, hopefully LE was the next to show up.

mrsjonnob
07-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I have felt Kyron was within walking distance of the school all along. This was before all the bad stuff came out about Terri... makes me wonder agaom about her involvement.

Back up on the fence I climb.

scandi
07-14-2010, 01:55 AM
If you look at the street view it looks like the little road is just a driveway. Probably somebody or people with a Plainview address cut a dirt road through their property to NW Cornelius Pass. If you don't have an easement to the road of your address that's the type of thing you have to do. Google maps just marks it as Plainview Rd because it probably doesn't know what else to do with it.

That could be, but every inch of that map takes in quite a large area. I think it is much longer than a driveway, for sure. We could plat it out to see exactly how long that little road is. LOL and holy horrors, I'd rather find out if there is any access to the back of the Horman property from any old logging or existing paved roads. What better place to hide a disposed body. Who in their right mind would imagine doing that on their own acreage? Someone who is not of their right mind, maybe. IMO only

INTERESTING, Maybe nothing !!! I just had a HUGE helicopter fly very low over my apt house at a steady and consistent pace and wonder what the heck ???

Living very close to the conflux [sp] of Hwy 26 and Hwy 217 in West Slope I routinely hear the news heli's that report the morning traffic news. This was nothing like that. The sound was from a much bigger heli with a powerful motor and would bet it was a Blackhawk - some big heli it was. That was at 10:15 and it was pitch black outside.

I guess I'll jump at anything now. If they found something in the Skyline area I'm wondering if they would fly it in to the OSHU instead of driving it down to St Vincents. OSHU has a heli pad. They would fly right over my apt house.

Maybe whatever it was will be on the news at 11.

newone
07-14-2010, 01:58 AM
That could be, but every inch of that map takes in quite a large area. I think it is much longer than a driveway, for sure. We could plat it out to see exactly how long that little road is. LOL and holy horrors, I'd rather find out if there is any access to the back of the Horman property from any old logging or existing paved roads. What better place to hide a disposed body. Who in their right mind would imagine doing that on their own acreage? Someone who is not of their right mind, maybe. IMO only

INTERESTING, Maybe nothing !!! I just had a HUGE helicopter fly very low over my apt house at a steady and consistent pace and wonder what the heck ???

Living very close to the conflux [sp] of Hwy 26 and Hwy 217 in West Slope I routinely hear the news heli's that report the morning traffic news. This was nothing like that. The sound was from a much bigger heli with a powerful motor and would bet it was a Blackhawk - some big heli it was. That was at 10:15 and it was pitch black outside.

I guess I'll jump at anything now. If they found something in the Skyline area I'm wondering if they would fly it in to the OSHU instead of driving it down to St Vincents. OSHU has a heli pad. They would fly right over my apt house.

Maybe whatever it was will be on the news at 11.

thanks -- keep us posted!

scandi
07-14-2010, 02:00 AM
It's not just in the movies.... :innocent:

Sounds like FBI to me...
Yes Ms, Didn't we see the FBI black SUV's at the staging center before the Sheriff moved it and created the 'war room' out on 122nd and Glisan? I know I saw the black vehicles, don't know if they were sedans or SUV's.

sorrell skye
07-14-2010, 02:00 AM
IMO, whilst other parties & stories have been in the media forefront, LE has been quietly working behind the scenes (just as I've hoped they are), following leads, tips, and trying to find little Ky, as this news report indicates.

Good on LE - I'm glad to know they remain focused, for Kyron's sake, despite all the recent "distractions".

Calliope
07-14-2010, 02:03 AM
IMO, whilst other parties & stories have been in the media forefront, LE has been quietly working behind the scenes (just as I've hoped they are), following leads, tips, and trying to find little Ky, as this news report indicates.

Good on LE - I'm glad to know they remain focused, for Kyron's sake, despite all the recent "distractions".

Maybe all the distractions were intentional :)

scandi
07-14-2010, 02:05 AM

You know me, I sure will !!! It is something I very seldom hear so was unusual.

angelainwi
07-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Anything new on the 11pm news?

scandi
07-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Anything new on the 11pm news?Nopey Nope, disappointing to say the least. Just talked about Terri going to court, her hearing, etc. AND how her attny won't comment on any of it as it is a court proceedure whereby the law states can not be discussed by any attorney involved in the case. Meanwhile Kaine's lady attny is just talkin' away. LOL What a case !!!

tfrohning
07-14-2010, 02:32 AM

I was listening to the scanner and there was headon crash and than something if they need a plane so not sure if it connection. sorry:waitasec:

MsFacetious
07-14-2010, 02:47 AM
I was listening to the scanner and there was headon crash and than something if they need a plane so not sure if it connection. sorry:waitasec:

I would think that'd be Life Flight (or whatever you have in Oregon) which would sound about like a media helicopter, not a black hawk.

Yuck... we have had several head on accidents here in the last few weeks... :(

GrainneDhu
07-14-2010, 07:00 AM

Well, the FBI is known to have a fondness for using SUVs. And FBI agents usually wear business suits (and carry ID).

We know the FBI is working on the case. And if this guy is trying to be discreet, describing FBI agents as a "couple of people" would make sense.

I took that to mean that they were asking for information about a particular family, not that they could not locate said family.

Of course, if that particular family moved recently and left no forwarding address... well, that could also be interesting!

Could be. Strikes me as very early in the case for the family to hire a PI, though. That usually doesn't happen until LE has more or less stopped working on the case. Last I heard, MCSO said that they had 30+ officers working the case and they were going to the Multnomah County Board of Supervisors to ask for more money to put into the investigation.

That could also be. Just looking at the articles in the msm, it's amazing how people can get the facts wrong about easily verified things (for instance, what was contained in a specific court filing).

GrainneDhu
07-14-2010, 07:09 AM

SBM

If I were helping my husband hang shelves and hit his finger with the hammer, I would apologise over and over. Even though I had the best of intentions, the fact is that I would have caused him pain.

Just sayin'.

gliving
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
This gives me hope they are still searching for Kyron. I thought they'd called it off.

I'm also hoping this wasn't a census worker trying to find a family. I've had them knock on my door asking about a neighbor who is seldom home.

Mylou
07-14-2010, 09:05 AM
I have always been suspicious that Kyron disappeared just before the end of the school year. I have questioned whether anyone even from the school had moved away at the end of June. Hopefully it is a good lead, if that is what they are following up on.

Pensfan
07-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Although tip lines are supposed to be anonymous, I would bet that if the FBI really wanted to talk to someone who had given an interesting tip, they would go looking/find him/her. Perhaps they are only looking for a tipster rather than the suspect?

tk71texas
07-14-2010, 09:19 AM
If I had a nickel for every pick up truck in Oregon I would be rich.

i'd be richer, i live in Texas :dance:

kathryann
07-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I keep thinking about the comment about the restroom. Maybe Kyron's teacher was correct in thinking that he went to get a drink or to the restroom and that's where someone grabbed him?? That really does seem like a possibility, whoever grabbed him held him in the bathroom until everyone was in class and then left the school? I'm baffled.

ClueMeIn
07-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I keep thinking about the comment about the restroom. Maybe Kyron's teacher was correct in thinking that he went to get a drink or to the restroom and that's where someone grabbed him?? That really does seem like a possibility, whoever grabbed him held him in the bathroom until everyone was in class and then left the school? I'm baffled.

Why then would the Terri lie about her whereabouts? Why wouldn't she talk to the police? That leaves too many unanswered questions. I am almost 100% sure that he was not abducted by a stranger. Or if he was, Terri had it all planned out.

jadejazzkayla
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM

kathryann - i was thinking the same thing, maybe grabbed him and pulled him into an empty room or utility closet until the coast was clear enough for him to risk taking Kyron out to his car. Poor little boy,

tfrohning
07-14-2010, 10:33 AM
It could be a family moved at the same time Kyron came up missing.

carbuff
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Why then would the Terri lie about her whereabouts? Why wouldn't she talk to the police? That leaves too many unanswered questions. I am almost 100% sure that he was not abducted by a stranger. Or if he was, Terri had it all planned out.

bbm

Because she was doing something else illegal, immoral, irrational, or otherwise secret.

Lying to the police, if indeed it's true that she lied to them, does not make her guilty of kidnapping or murder.

I doubt if it's a stranger, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an acquaintance, a neighbor, the parent of a friend, somebody who worked at the school -- somebody known to Kyron but not part of his immediate circle. And if that's the case, there's quite likely to be some evidence near the school.

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
This is odd to me for some reason, that in a case like this where the police are reluctant to say a word, that they would go door to door naming any family, when the media and internet world are just waiting (well some are not even waiting) for any new name to latch on to, to try to connect to this case. And even stranger, considering this case, that the name they were asking about has not been leaked.

TxLady2
07-14-2010, 11:29 AM
i'd be richer, i live in Texas :dance:

True dat. My husband has always had a truck, can't live without one. Every other vehicle I see on the road these days is a truck.
And I drive a Jeep. No low-slung slinky cars for me.

soldiermedic335
07-14-2010, 11:30 AM
JMO, I belive they have the people involved and are ready to make a move. And, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a surprise to some people. I

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I am just so glad to have some confirmation that the search is still on track. I mean, I knew logically that the scandal was what the media cared about, but that there were more practical-minded people out there doing the real work. But I sure am happy to get some news about that work.

I remain hopeful for the best. :frog:

MsFacetious
07-14-2010, 12:03 PM
What if the "name of the family" is just simply "The Horman's?" Maybe with these new revelations they are wondering if Terri had any other friends in that area... maybe that she might have borrowed a truck from. But the guy just doesn't want to, (or has been instructed not to) further fuel the speculation about Terri's involvement. So he didn't give the name for that reason.

It would have worked... now people are speculating whether someone else might be involved.

Although tip lines are supposed to be anonymous, I would bet that if the FBI really wanted to talk to someone who had given an interesting tip, they would go looking/find him/her. Perhaps they are only looking for a tipster rather than the suspect?

If they did that... the tips they get in the future would drop dramatically. I also think it would be horrible timing unless they are convinced they can find Kyron, charge someone and get a conviction with what they have right now. Because they definitely won't get anymore tips on this case from someone who wants to remain anonymous. Such as someone who may have been involved, but wants to help them find Kyron without implicating themselves.

debs
07-14-2010, 12:07 PM
given that the truck was towed soon after Kyron's disappearance, it seems logical to me that someone might have given the truck a jump that day, and they're searching for that vehicle and the person driving it to get their recollections.

keeponsearching
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I have a weird feeling about this that I never get. I wonder somepeople (2) manipulated Kyron into the woods somehow. Even with all the pressure on Th, I can't get over how they search all around the school for a week. If he is out there, they could of missed him. Sometimes its good to redo a ground search....

tfrohning
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I really like to see a search of Logie Trail were that guy said he seen Terri.

hollye
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
OT ~ There were human remains (bones) discovered down the road form my house on Monday evening. There are people speculating that they could be those of missing 5yo Melissa Brannen, who disappeared 21 years ago. Since I am quite familiar with the area and am of the understanding that the remains were found close to the road, I have doubts that it is her. As well as the fact that I feel certain that LE at the time, searched this area thoroughly, being as it is so close to the landfill and solid waste plants. However, I am watching this develop because it crossed my mind too. Since the remains were bones and clothing, maybe they have gone undetected for 21 years. I guess anything is possible.

I guess what I am getting at is I am glad that they are rechecking and rechecking in hopes of discovering little Kyron. Those woods are dense and the grasses tall and waterways murky. He could be close by and still go unnoticed. I would hate for him to continue to be missing for as long as Melissa has and to not have closure.

tfrohning
07-14-2010, 12:30 PM
given that the truck was towed soon after Kyron's disappearance, it seems logical to me that someone might have given the truck a jump that day, and they're searching for that vehicle and the person driving it to get their recollections.

good point...

Terri could had told LE that she had mechanical issues and needed a mechanic... An answer for a ping?? Maybe the ping was to a garage.:waitasec: landscraper to mechanic...just a though :banghead:

LE had the truck tow to see if there was any mechanic issues????

SurfieTX
07-14-2010, 12:37 PM
good point...

Terri could had told LE that she had mechanical issues and needed a mechanic... An answer for a ping?? Maybe the ping was to a garage.:waitasec: landscraper to mechanic...just a though :banghead:

LE had the truck tow to see if there was any mechanic issues????

That's interesting because last week, Desiree said that LE was working on mechanical and technical things. I found the use of the word 'mechanical' hard to understand. Why that word?

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
OT ~ There were human remains (bones) discovered down the road form my house on Monday evening. There are people speculating that they could be those of missing 5yo Melissa Brannen, who disappeared 21 years ago. Since I am quite familiar with the area and am of the understanding that the remains were found close to the road, I have doubts that it is her. As well as the fact that I feel certain that LE at the time, searched this area thoroughly, being as it is so close to the landfill and solid waste plants. However, I am watching this develop because it crossed my mind too. Since the remains were bones and clothing, maybe they have gone undetected for 21 years. I guess anything is possible.

I guess what I am getting at is I am glad that they are rechecking and rechecking in hopes of discovering little Kyron. Those woods are dense and the grasses tall and waterways murky. He could be close by and still go unnoticed. I would hate for him to continue to be missing for as long as Melissa has and to not have closure.

ITA - it is amazingly difficult to find remains, and searching and re-searching is always a good idea after some time for the growth to change.

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Someone on other search thread said SI is also being searched again...maybe LE is going back to square one...

GrainneDhu
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM

There is a chance, I think, that TMH has not consciously lied about her whereabouts. I know from personal experience that a severe trauma plays weird tricks with my memory, including making me forget everything I did that day prior to the trauma.

I think the disappearance of a stepson could qualify as just such a trauma.

I'm not saying TMH is factually innocent. I'm just saying that there are alternative explanations for her apparent lack of clarity over her whereabouts that do not depend upon her being guilty.

mike_oxbig1414
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM

My (almost) 3 year old son calls my Nissan Rogue a tractor. Mind you, he is obsessed with construction vehicles. :crazy:

oceanblueeyes
07-14-2010, 02:15 PM
It does give one pause for thought, IMO.

Thx for the post Ocean!

Thanks.

And when they put out the flier I always thought it was so odd that they did not use the Horman truck (which I am sure Kaine wouldn't have minded at all) but used a 'similar" truck instead. Strange.:waitasec:

imo

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 02:17 PM
It is said that they are also searching again on SI today-can anyone confirm? If so, LE may be retracing all of their steps.

MsFacetious
07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
LE doesn't believe it is her either... so I'm guessing they can tell it is an adult, or larger child just from the skeleton. Though I wish they would find her....

It IS worth noting that they convicted Hughes of abducting, assaulting and killing her without her body. It is also one where the child disappeared from a large group of people, at a Christmas party.

Given the current case... it is noteworthy anyway.

kgeaux
07-14-2010, 02:44 PM

I am all confused. Does the man who spoke to reporters about the SUV & investigators live near the school?

They could be looking for an accomplice, a witness or a perpetrator; I just hope and pray that they find something today that brings Kyron back to his family.

Wait, what? A report may be inaccurate? In this case? And it got reported anyway?

Well I never...

Hitting the thank button just wasn't enough, I have to quote you, too! LOL, this case HAS had its share of irresponsible reporting, hasn't it?

uh, a "pickup" truck (to me!) means there's some sort of bed to haul the stuff you pick up! "truck" is a more generic term which might mean pickup truck or semi-truck or dump-truck.....but I just call SUV's SUV's!

wildmala
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I really like to see a search of Logie Trail were that guy said he seen Terri.

I think the search should be done north of Logie Trail.

And at/near the school again.

I'm so glad they are searching this area again. Feels right...uplifting...kind of like "Warrrrmer, warrrmer' in that game of 'warmer/colder'.

tfrohning
07-14-2010, 04:36 PM
That's interesting because last week, Desiree said that LE was working on mechanical and technical things. I found the use of the word 'mechanical' hard to understand. Why that word?

Oh My! you just jog something in me:waitasec: Have we talk about the truck having GPS and I overlook it :waitasec:

I sure someone asked and I overlook it:banghead:

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I wish we knew if and where they are actually searching...I am in another state or I would be tempted to drive around and try to find out.

Blue_Dolphin308
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Just being reported on HLN now!

Blue_Dolphin308
07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Kyron's mom believes this was planned and that TH had a motive.

Day Dreamer
07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Oh My! you just jog something in me:waitasec: Have we talk about the truck having GPS and I overlook it :waitasec:

BBM Jumping off your post ... does anyone know if Terri's cell had GPS? A lot of the new phones do.

tehcloser
"Swarming" does not sound good.

cluciano63
They seem to just be talking about Desiree's latest comments...

Still nothing new here...talking about gym, the baby incident, etc

It seems to be over...did not hear anything new, if they used the word "swarming" not sure where they got that?

winterrose
07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
They've been doing this search for about ten days I believe and there was an article on it last night.A man said they were looking for pickup trucks and they had a certain last family name,he wouldn't divulge.I hope HLN is not jumping the gun with thier usual breaking news that is our old news.
On the other hand,they might know something we don't,but it scared my heart so bad they'd say LE is swarming the school area,that would be really really bad. :(

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Seems to be nothing more than HLN's usual hyperbole...exageration, etc....nothing new. Maybe thread title should be changed?

smart blonde
07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm not near a t.v.

Is anything else being said?

believe09
07-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Can locals weigh in on this??? Is there anything going on? Helicopters, police in the area?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I've been trying to see where they are getting that info.. do they mean SAR rescue/recovery teams are "swarming" (using their term) around? And are they doing an active SAR search?

Or are the recent reports of men in SUV's asking questions in the area constitute searching?

I did see a video of LE's coming out of Skyline School on HLN but I'm not sure when that was filmed..

21merc7
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
No cabel t.v., not local. Anyone confirm anything yet? TIA!!

BeanE
07-14-2010, 06:19 PM
They've been doing this search for about ten days I believe and there was an article on it last night.A man said they were looking for pickup trucks and they had a certain last family name,he wouldn't divulge.I hope HLN is not jumping the gun with thier usual breaking news that is our old news.
On the other hand,they might know something we don't,but it scared my heart so bad they'd say LE is swarming the school area,that would be really really bad. :(

I think that's exactly what it is. They picked up on those articles from yesterday, and voila! Breaking News!

I agree with the poster above that the thread title should probably needs to be changed.

ETA: Here's the existing thread for it:

Searchers return to area near skyline school. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

sorrell skye
07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Does anyone have a link? TIA!

Baldwin
07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
i dont believe that kyron will be found near the school. Why would the perp take him and leave him near the area unless it was like some tupe of planned attack and i still dont believe so because its too busy near a school area

Cher352
07-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Any thing on the scanners??

raeann
07-14-2010, 06:24 PM
I think that's exactly what it is. They picked up on those articles from yesterday, and voila! Breaking News!

I agree with the poster above that the thread title should probably needs to be changed.

ETA: Here's the existing thread for it:

Searchers return to area near skyline school. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109253)

Yes, they have been saying all day...according to KPTV (or whoever it was) and then repeating stuff from that report.

Angel4u2Whisper2
07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
i dont believe that kyron will be found near the school. Why would the perp take him and leave him near the area unless it was like some tupe of planned attack and i still dont believe so because its too busy near a school area

The only reason that I could think of is to make it appear as if he "wandered off" and the school is supposedly responsiable (in the mind of the potential perpetrator)...and then it could then appear as if TH is a wonderful mother that the school neglegently let down?

But naw I am with you, I don't think that he will be found there either.

momtective
07-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Swarming? Wow if true then this really is news but I'm gonna need something more than HLN to believe it.

Angel4u2Whisper2
07-14-2010, 06:31 PM
lol I asked both those very good questions before and never got an answer either.

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 06:35 PM
<Another thread of possible interest:>

Breaking News. Search crews swarming around Skyline Elementry! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

chasing.halos
07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
What is this???

Breaking News. Search crews swarming around Skyline Elementry! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109332)

(Just saw that thread, and thought some of you might not have yet - heading over there now.)

It is just in reference to the searches already mentioned. Man, I read the headline and felt so sick, thinking that he was found maybe in the school. :( :( :(

Sherbie
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Swarming? Wow if true then this really is news but I'm gonna need something more than HLN to believe it.

I can't believe they used the word "swarming" in that way. It's so misleading, downright false reporting if it's just what we already have heard. To me, "swarming" would mean lots of search crews on a particular site, looking for something specific.

Jerks.

AbbieNormal
07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah, "swarming" is a pretty strong word, implying many people converging on an area, which is certainly more than we have heard in the last few days regarding searches.

Hey! Did they search Logie Road, the road the guy in the pickup said he saw a redhead in a truck exactly like Terri's on Logie Rd that morning (I think around 9am but not sure) I googled earth'd that area and it looks like a great area to hide something you don't want found. Hope they took it seriously and searched it 100%.

abbie

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
It is just in reference to the searches already mentioned. Man, I read the headline and felt so sick, thinking that he was found maybe in the school. :( :( :(

Yeah - that word "swarming" in there is really alarmist.

Sorry for crying wolf, folks.

BeanE
07-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, "swarming" is a pretty strong word, implying many people converging on an area, which is certainly more than we have heard in the last few days regarding searches.

Hey! Did they search Logie Road, the road the guy in the pickup said he saw a redhead in a truck exactly like Terri's on Logie Rd that morning (I think around 9am but not sure) I googled earth'd that area and it looks like a great area to hide something you don't want found. Hope they took it seriously and searched it 100%.

abbie

Actually, it wasn't Logie Trail Rd, he said it was one of the roads north of Logie.

21merc7
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM

No biggie. Plenty of wolves in the pack here. ;)

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
OK, this was cruel, IMO.

21merc7
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
OK, this was cruel, IMO.

Yes, but this kind of news is cruel to the general public. No one ever complains though I guess.

Just noticed that the "Roger" guy that was asked about his truck was by Plainview Road. There is a Plainview Elementary, Plainview Store, all places for little ones to hang out. And read an 11 year old is now missing in the area. (Basement threads.) So maybe at a different school or location?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Fox 12 has their newscast at 4pm.. IF there is anything going on, they should have it..

debs
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
HLN sending alarms throughout the listening public? For realz? BOMBSHELL.

(someone call a surgeon to help with this tongue.....it's stuck in my cheek.)

A_News_Junkie
07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, but this kind of news is cruel to the general public. No one ever complains though I guess.

Just noticed that the "Roger" guy that was asked about his truck was by Plainview Road. There is a Plainview Elementary, Plainview Store, all places for little ones to hang out. And read an 11 year old is now missing in the area. (Basement threads.)
Does anyone know if this school in driving distance is still open or not>?

Plainview School Shedd, Oregon 97377

Kat010
07-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Swarming? Sheesh.

Unfortunately, CNN has a solid history of hyperbole, hysteria (not naming a specific name) and hype. I can't even bear to watch their Headline News.

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 07:04 PM
This was just HLN doing their sensationalism thing, IMO...they barely talked about anything except Desiree's latest comments and more about Terri, etc...nothing about a new search that I heard...

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Well, if searchers were "swarming" around the area, I guess Fox 12 missed it, they had a reporter live, in front of Skyline School and not one word was mentioned about any searches anywhere..

=)

southern_scout
07-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Someone please change the thread title. It sounds like it's not the situation, and it 'bout gave me the vapors.

Cheewawa007
and what's up with the truck statement? They are checking trucks? Looking for trucks? Everyday this case gets more and more confusing. These sources really need to either come out with specific information or remain silent - this reading between the lines isn't doing anything to help the situation IMO... I'm beginning to feel like a dog chasing parked cars.

WhyaDuck?
I don't have cable or TV, so I am unused to being that shocked, I think.

Man, what a low down thing to do.

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Someone please change the thread title. It sounds like it's not the situation, and it 'bout gave me the vapors.

Yes - the title of the thread needs to be changed or it can be merged with the thread already in existence on these searches today.

Part of me wants it left as-is, with HOAX written in it, but that's just the adrenalin talking, I think. :(

Breathe
07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
I read through two pages and my heart is still pounding. I'm still not prepared for bad news even after this long. God be with you Kyron.

Aedrys

That is an interesting thought. It hadn't even occurred to me. A lot of newer cars come with OnStar. I'm sure they could track her movement that way. Or if she was a using something like a Garmin, they save searches. GPS in the car! That could be very telling!

Heck, even the maps app I have on my Iphone saves searches too. I'm sure LE has considered all of this, I hope!

southern_scout
Thanks for moving/changing it, mods.

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
I read through two pages and my heart is still pounding. I'm still not prepared for bad news even after this long. God be with you Kyron.

I had a really conflicted reaction. On one hand, I was sick and saying "Oh NO!" - but on the other, I was something close to relieved at the thought of him being found. There are far too many cases on here with the little ones just never recovered. :(

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Just being reported on HLN now!

Just for future readers of this thread, so it will make sense, this was originally a separate thread based on some channel's report that Skyline was being "swarmed" by LE/S&R, etc. The title was originally "Breaking News: Skyline "Swarmed" by Searchers", or something to that effect.

It nearly gave me a heart attack.

(OK, my archival instincts have been satisfied.)

JBean
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I probably should have left it closed and not merged. Sorry guys if I made it confusing.

WhyaDuck?
07-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I probably should have left it closed and not merged. Sorry guys if I made it confusing.

I think it's ok.

I meant no criticism whatsoever by clarifying in my earlier post, JBean. I just like keeping these threads as a case history for the future.

Silly, I know - I seek permanence in the digital age. :blush:

CocoChanel
07-14-2010, 07:37 PM

OMG I am giving you a STANDING OVATION for a well-placed use of the term "the vapors". Well done southern scout! I agree! :)

passionflower
07-14-2010, 07:51 PM
On JVM tonight still saying the L are 'LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN FAMILY"
(who, what and why??)
and still asking questions to everyone that owns a truck..............
Mr. Young says that TH is definately involved.
TH USED sex to get a favor from MC?????? Kaine and other men........
The owner of the gym called LE because TH acted odd about baby daughter.
Kyron NOT happy living with KH and TH according to YOUNG's.

PoppyH
07-14-2010, 07:57 PM
and what's up with the truck statement? They are checking trucks? Looking for trucks? Everyday this case gets more and more confusing. These sources really need to either come out with specific information or remain silent - this reading between the lines isn't doing anything to help the situation IMO... I'm beginning to feel like a dog chasing parked cars.

Or parked trucks:crazy:

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Interview w/Kyron's friend on KATU.. Investigators talked w/him again last week.
He saw Kyron in the gym, and he saw the truck in the parking lot..

debs
07-14-2010, 08:02 PM
(who, what and why??)

Oh no! HLN will NOT suck me in again! They're what Einstein theorized a black hole would look like!

southern_scout
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
OMG I am giving you a STANDING OVATION for a well-placed use of the term "the vapors". Well done southern scout! I agree! :)

:blushing:

Thanks! I mean I about fainted, for y'all who aren't familiar with the vapors. It's hot as a cat in heat down here, don't do that to a woman!

DairyGirl
07-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Interview w/Kyron's friend on KATU.. Investigators talked w/him again last week.

Is that TP?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
is that tp?

tp?? =)

Ohh.. The little boy's name started with a T.. didn't catch the last name.. =)

mtnone
07-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Kyron was in the gym when? Huh? Oh, the gym at the school? I thought he had said the hallway?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Kyron was in the gym when? Huh? Oh, the gym at the school? I thought he had said the hallway?

The little boy interviewed by KATU today said he saw Kyron in the gym(the day he went missing). The reporter asked him what he was doing in the gym, he said looking at the boards (which I assume were the science exhibits)

And he saw the truck in the parking lot..

I'm hoping they get it on their website but they do another broadcast at 6pm tonight..

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Why is this child on TV? I don't understand...

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Why is this child on TV? I don't understand...

It's the local news..
KATU was reporting tonight that Investigators are talking to people again.
KATU interviewed this little boy, he said yes, investigators talked to him last week.
KATU asked him where Kyron was the last time he saw him, and the little boy said in the gym..

sorry this prob should be in another thread?

matou
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
(who, what and why??)

This video was posted in the dreams thread and it includes an interview with "Roger" and gives an explanation that the family may have witnessed something that morning.

http://www.kptv.com/video/24249864/index.html

Amster
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
NG reporting that LE is at the school...inside...searching again every nook and cranny.....she is saying it is happening now....or, whenever her show is taped, I guess

matou
07-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Which truck did this kid see? TIA

tiredblondy
07-14-2010, 08:32 PM

That's what I wondered?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM

The reporter said it was the white truck.. She said they never asked him about MC's truck..

Funny Fox 12 (who broadcast live from the school at 4pm) and KATU 2 both local stations never reported anyone searching the school today like NG is saying on her show..??

Link for KATU they will be on again at 6pm PST
http://www.katu.com/news/live

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
What I meant was, why is the adult who belongs to this child putting him on TV?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:35 PM
What I meant was, why is the adult who belongs to this child putting him on TV?

Oh, I agree!! And to watch it, he talks about Kyron being gone.. I would never allow one of my children to go on TV =(

Jules71
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM

This is originally what we had from him (TP):

T(removed) P(removed), Kyron's classmate, said he last saw his friend at about the same time (8:45) when Kyron told him he was headed to look at another student's science project. http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

I added the info in parenthesis. I remember the word "hallway" used, so maybe that was what he said on video before. ??

matou
07-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Why wasn't the school shut down for awhile and the students shipped to another location while a complete investigation took place?? Now are they considering it to be a possible crime scene? If someone who had access to the school was involved, evidence may be as good as gone. JMO

mtnone
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM

T(removed) P(removed), Kyron's classmate, said he last saw his friend at about the same time (8:45) when Kyron told him he was headed to look at another student's science project. http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

I added the info in parenthesis. I remember the word "hallway" used, so maybe that was what he said on video before. ??

Hmm, I remember that too. Something about passing Kryon in the hallway, saying hi, Kyron saying he was going to see the cool electric project...
We have read way too much since then I suppose.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM

I'll watch at 6pm and make note of the name..
It may be a different child

Jules71
07-14-2010, 08:39 PM
NG reporting that LE is at the school...inside...searching again every nook and cranny.....she is saying it is happening now....or, whenever her show is taped, I guess

This is giving me a sick feeling that he could still be in the school - and it happening right before the end of the school year was so he would go unnoticed for so long. I hope I am wrong. They would not have missed him when they searched there, right?

oceanblueeyes
07-14-2010, 08:41 PM

The article says he saw him in the "hallway" so maybe there was a hallway close to the gym area instead of the hallway on the second level where the classroom was.

IMO

Jules71
07-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Hmm, I remember that too. Something about passing Kryon in the hallway, saying hi, Kyron saying he was going to see the cool electric project...
We have read way too much since then I suppose.

Yes, that is exactly what I remember. Maybe they passed in the hallway (right in front of the gym) and Kyron went into the gym to see the electric project?

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Do we even know if there is a search at the school? Locals said the newscaster was in front of the school at 5pm and it looked totally empty.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Why wasn't the school shut down for awhile and the students shipped to another location while a complete investigation took place?? Now are they considering it to be a possible crime scene? If someone who had access to the school was involved, evidence may be as good as gone. JMO

I don't understand something.. so bouncing of your post =)

NG is reporting they searched the school, but the local news reported from the school live today at 4 and said nothing about a search of the school (FOX 12) and KATU at 5pm did not mention any search of the school either..??

MD MOMMY
07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
This is giving me a sick feeling that he could still be in the school - and it happening right before the end of the school year was so he would go unnoticed for so long. I hope I am wrong. They would not have missed him when they searched there, right?

If he were in there I would think the smell would have been evident by the end of school. I get a sick feeling just thinking about it all.

Jules71
07-14-2010, 08:47 PM
If he were in there I would think the smell would have been evident by the end of school. I get a sick feeling just thinking about it all.

I was thinking that but didn't want to type it. What day did school let out for the summer?

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 08:49 PM
School got out around june 15th.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Do we even know if there is a search at the school? Locals said the newscaster was in front of the school at 5pm and it looked totally empty.

Thanks.. I seriously do not think they were searching the school today as local news would have reported..

MD MOMMY
07-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I was thinking that but didn't want to type it. What day did school let out for the summer?

Was it June 15th or around there? I think there were 2 weeks or so left when he went missing. I didn't want to type it either Jules. It would depend on where he was as to the rate of decomp and the temperature where he was. OMG this is just awful, poor guy. I still have hope he is out there somewhere and this revisit to the school is just a precaution or rumor.

RubyRed
07-14-2010, 08:52 PM

Office staff were there until June 30

http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/skylinek8.org/embed?src=calendar%40skylinek8.org

Amster
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I think that NG was getting her info from the other CNN report that LE was "swarming" the school.....she said the info was from a local station....

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Live link for KATU http://www.katu.com/news/live

There is a big fire locally that will probably get reported first though..they are having problems getting to it.. =(

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Boy interviewed is NOT the same boy as earlier referenced in posts above.. TK

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I think if there was a big new search going on at the school, it would be big news locally.

I wish parents/guardians would not put their kids on TV about this case. I am sure LE does not appreciate it, and there is no way of knowing if LE has already determined that the child could not be right with his timings, etc. What the child saw may be totally beside the point. But he does not need to be on TV, talking about it.

Nellie
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
On Monday we drove out to Logie Trail Road and Morgan Road that is the street just North of Logie Trail Road. Our thought while driving on Logie Trail is that there are a million places to hide a child there. While driving on Morgan Road we drove all the way to the end and checked out the house for sale. It was really, really quiet. The only thing we saw was two men walking when we first started down Morgan. I found it odd that people we passed would wave to us so friendly and it just dawned on me that the road is probably being traveled quite a bit although it is a dead end. I think at the end of Morgan Road is Rainbow Lake? A reservoir? but you can't see it from the street. All homes we passed that were for sale were occupied.

Funny thing was we stopped at Fred Meyer's and saw another group of women and joked to ourselves that they are probably WS too doing the same thing we are.

At Skyline School there was only one AP truck and a couple other cars in the parking lot. Back by Kyron's room was a dad with his two young boys who were students there. We did not talk about Kyron. I was blown away by how small that school is. My kids went to a small school but this one was so small and so remote. It breaks your heart to be there. The wall of Hope is awesome...

Anyway we saw nothing out of the ordinary, no searchers, no nothing on Monday.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:03 PM
From KATU
saw a happy kyron
txxxx Kxxxxxxxx

saw kyron in gym
did not have terri w/him

investigators asked him NOT to disclose time frame that he saw Kyron

AbbieNormal
07-14-2010, 09:06 PM

O posted this a couple weks ago. Even after the students last day of school, the school is open and busy foir many weeks afterwards. Janitors empty the classrooms and strip & re wax the floors, paint the classrooms if necessary. The kitchen ladies completely break down the eqiptment and clean everything, office personnel are there every day also. My FIL is retired school custodian and my MIL is still currently working 20+ years as a "lunch lady". School is rarely completely empty, even after the kitchen ladies are done and office staff is done, the custodian has a whole summers worth of work to do. I doubt if the building sits empty 5 days straight all summer. JMO

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:08 PM
From KATU
saw a happy kyron
txxxx Kxxxxxxxx

saw kyron in gym
did not have terri w/him

**on the 5pm newscast the reporter said the little boy said he saw the white truck in the parking lot..

Remember this is local news but I typed these just as they were talking..
And it is a different boy that was interviewed (than from a few weeks ago).. =)

matou
07-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Are there exits to the outside from the gym?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I have watched 3 local stations and not one of them talked about ANY searches of the school or anywhere today..

They just said investigators were out talking to people...

I don't know where NG / HLN got their information....

tiredblondy
07-14-2010, 09:10 PM
O posted this a couple weks ago. Even after the students last day of school, the school is open and busy foir many weeks afterwards. Janitors empty the classrooms and strip & re wax the floors, paint the classrooms if necessary. The kitchen ladies completely break down the eqiptment and clean everything, office personnel are there every day also. My FIL is retired school custodian and my MIL is still currently working 20+ years as a "lunch lady". School is rarely completely empty, even after the kitchen ladies are done and office staff is done, the custodian has a whole summers worth of work to do. I doubt if the building sits empty 5 days straight all summer. JMO

And the Principal and secretary or some office staff is usually there too.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:11 PM

The Skyline School thread has a floor plan of the school and great pictures =)
But yes there are, but since I have been at the school when it was closed I do not know which ones were in use that day.. =)

mtnone
07-14-2010, 09:12 PM

Good question. If he went to the gym to see the electric project, most gyms have doors for loading that go right to the parking lot.

DairyGirl
07-14-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_1/4053/comments-14.html

Comment from John Killen from the Oregonian at 11:05 am. Says they checked with the investigators and they have not resumed a search near Skyline elementary school.

jnTexas
07-14-2010, 09:15 PM
**on the 5pm newscast the reporter said the little boy said he saw the white truck in the parking lot..

Remember this is local news but I typed these just as they were talking..
And it is a different boy that was interviewed (than from a few weeks ago).. =)

in the school parking lot or the gym parking lot?

lonetraveler
07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Was it June 15th or around there? I think there were 2 weeks or so left when he went missing. I didn't want to type it either Jules. It would depend on where he was as to the rate of decomp and the temperature where he was. OMG this is just awful, poor guy. I still have hope he is out there somewhere and this revisit to the school is just a precaution or rumor.

Well it looks like a cadaver dog could quickly find a body in that school. What are LE hoping to find unless they have cadaver dogs with them?

cluciano63
07-14-2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_desiree_y_1/4053/comments-14.html

Comment from John Killen from the Oregonian at 11:05 am. Says they checked with the investigators and they have not resumed a search near Skyline elementary school.

Thanks, wonder where this rumor came from?

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:20 PM
in the school parking lot or the gym parking lot?

He just said parking lot..

You can only access that parking lot back by the covered play area through the main parking lot on the side of the school and it's all one area basically.....
??

Haeve
07-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know if this school in driving distance is still open or not>?

Plainview School Shedd, Oregon 97377

Shedd is south, several counties away. There are several places in Oregon named Plainview, including one in Washington County. If you want me to do a GNIS search (USGS geographic names) for Plainview, let me know on the "ask the locals thread" and maybe one of our intrepid mappers can add it to their map.

hollye
07-14-2010, 09:21 PM

I am on my BlackBerry, so please forgive no references, but if you look at the school maps, there are 2 stairwells on either side of the gym, which lead to the basement and, as with the rest of the stairwells, has exits midway between the 2 floors that exit, one out to the parking lot and one out to the back of the school. He could very easily, IMO, have left via either of these exits, if he were last seen in the gym.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I am on my BlackBerry, so please forgive no references, but if you look at the school maps, there are 2 stairwells on either side of the gym, which lead to the basement and, as with the rest of the stairwells, has exits midway between the 2 floors that exit, one out to the parking lot and one out to the back of the school. He could very easily, IMO, have left via either of these exits, if he were last seen in the gym.

This should probably be over in the Skyline School thread? But the two stairways are going down, like into a locker room or something below the gym, then there
are doors on each side of the gym.. I took pictures of that the other day,
I'll put them in my photobucket and post in the Skyline School thread =)

winterrose
07-14-2010, 09:32 PM

Oh shoot,it's okay,if I had seen it on there before you I would have posted it.They do it alot,sometimes they do a lead in and don't even do the story if something else comes up.Then again sometimes they also come up with some things we don't know,so better safe than sorry and post what they say.KWIM I half expect something to break soon anyway.

gwenabob
07-14-2010, 09:38 PM

Yes. You can see it here:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/SkylineSchool056.jpg

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Hope you can see these on your BlackBerry, but I did post some pictures I took this weekend at the school, I will add more, as I took them ALL around the school =)

*also posted these in the Skyline School thread =)
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/Views%20of%20Gym%20at%20Skyline%20School/

gardeness
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
From KATU
saw a happy kyron
txxxx Kxxxxxxxx

saw kyron in gym
did not have terri w/him

I'd like to see this. I hope they have a clip ready after the news is aired...

Adalena935
07-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I noticed at the link it said some of the people near the school have been searched up to 3 times (their homes and properties it says). I suspected they don't have everything in news that goes on behind the scenes. Sounds like they're being very thorough.

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see this. I hope they have a clip ready after the news is aired...

Yes! =) Maybe we can do a thread on it! =)
News is over now until 11pm for KATU, so possibly a link will be up?? I hope! =)

A_Closer_Look
07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes! =) Maybe we can do a thread on it! =)
News is over now until 11pm for KATU, so possibly a link will be up?? I hope! =)

Is this it? (ETA - Yes, this is it)
http://www.katu.com/news/local/98434609.html?tab=video

freefallzzzz
07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Is this it? (ETA - Yes, this is it)
http://www.katu.com/news/local/98434609.html?tab=video

YES! =) Thank you!!
A must watch!! =)

This is the 5pm broadcast one =)