PDA

View Full Version : TX - Mother kills Irving boy, toddler girl on life support

reen
07-20-2010, 03:45 PM
The 2 year old girl isn't expected to make it. :(

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/072010dnmetirvfolo.bba5ce.html

Belinda
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Saiqa Akhter, 30, is being held in the Irving Jail on suspicion of capital murder in the death of 5-year-old Zain Akhter, who was killed Monday afternoon at the Wind Tree Apartments in the 3300 block of Esters Road.

A second child, 2-year-old Faryaal Akhter, was critically injured in the attack. She is being treated at Children's Medical Center, where family members say she remains on life support.

From above link. Just getting the pertinent data in the thread.

Joe Friday
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Sure are some strange things happening in TX lately.

JMO.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews/local_state/index.html?nvid=414972&emb

danisisa
07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't get it...Why is it that her family notices things are amiss with her and get her no help??? THis is the second time a woman from the middle east has killed her child and the family has known there was something wrong.

I consistently ask about my nieces and talk to them to see how things are going. If anything seemed amiss, I would get the police involved.

Joe Friday
07-21-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/irving/stories/072210dnmetirvingmom.4a86487.html

Irving girl dies; mother to be arraigned today in brother's death

A 2-year-old Irving girl has died after an attack in which her mother is accused of strangling her and her 5-year-old brother.
Saiqa Akhter

Faryaal Akhter died about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Children's Medical Center, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.

The girl's mother, 30-year-old Saiqa Akhter, is to be arraigned on a capital murder charge this morning in the death of her son Zain, who died Monday.

Belinda
07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Poor little babies. RIP.

mck16
07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Sure are some strange things happening in TX lately.

JMO.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews/local_state/index.html?nvid=414972&emb

What are those strange things? tia

Lovejac
07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/irving/stories/072210dnmetirvingmom.4a86487.html

Irving girl dies; mother to be arraigned today in brother's death

A 2-year-old Irving girl has died after an attack in which her mother is accused of strangling her and her 5-year-old brother.
Saiqa Akhter

Faryaal Akhter died about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Children's Medical Center, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office.

The girl's mother, 30-year-old Saiqa Akhter, is to be arraigned on a capital murder charge this morning in the death of her son Zain, who died Monday.

From your link:

An Irving mother accused of strangling her two children with an antenna wire told a 911 operator that she killed them because they were "not normal."

Saiqa Akhter "Both are autistic," she said. "I donít want my kids to be like that. I want normal kids."

I'm fairly certain that Faryaal and Zain would have like to have a "normal" mom.

gitana1
07-22-2010, 07:13 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/22/texas.autistic.children.killed/?hpt=T1

Her children were ages 2 and 5. The 5 year old was autistic.

concerned4kids
07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
You have got to be kidding me??? This is just plain crazy and evil...

May the kids R.I.P..

Disguiseduser0308
07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
:( RIP sweet children.

Beyond Belief
07-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Wow, just wow.

Kat
07-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Rest in Peace little ones.

I read about these poor children last night. There will never be a justified reason this Mother did what she did.

I did wonder though, how isolated was she? Did she have any support at all? Did she even know there was support available to her?

These children didn't have to die. But I had wondered if there might have not been enough support for her within that community and/or assistance with having two Autistic children?

This is a heartwrenching story, and I can't excuse her actions, but having heard many Mothers speak to the lack of support in caring for their autistic children if there could have been a way to avoid this tragedy?

Bless these babies.

gitana1
07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
It's a mess. I heard on HLN or somewhere that they had recently moved from a heavily immigrant apartment complex to a new home. Apparently, she had lots of friends where she was at before. She was also reported to be a doting mother. Finally, an uncle of the kids says the two year old did not have autism.
People with special needs kids need support. But there are millions of such parents and obviously they do not off their kids. I think the lady has other issues like mental problems, isolation and perhaps cultural shame about her son. But, I don't know for sure.

Kimster
07-22-2010, 09:11 PM
There were times I wanted to die while raising my autistic son. But I didn't wish the same for HIM! There is something seriously wrong with that woman! :furious:

Missizzy
07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh Lord help me. No one wants their children to be autistic. It's hard. It's heart-breaking. But you are a single phone call away from help. A parent only need say that I need help or I'm going to hurt my children and they will get that help.

Yes, they'll get sucked into the system. But the system is set up in such a way to reunite every child that they can (for cost saving measures). If a parent disappears or refuses to work on reunification, rights will be terminated and the children can be placed in a foster or adoptive home. Isn't that far better than death for the child and a life sentence for the parent? How I wish that one of the mainstream networks could air scenarios like this. We have commercials and specials on not doing drugs and wearing your seat belt--what about what to do if you are done with parenting?

There are literally tens of thousands of foster parents who are trained and ready to accept children with spectrum disorder.

Bless those little ones.

Missizzy
07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
For those of you touched by a child with spectrum disorder or developmental delay, I highly recommend the book, "God of War" by Marisa Silver. An amazing look at what it really feels like to love and care for a young boy with tremendous special needs.

Tragic and uplifting at the same time. My husband and I have both read it and enjoyed it immensely.

It's so sad to me that some parents feel isolated. There is help. But you must ask.

Tuffy
07-22-2010, 10:17 PM
There is already another thread on this case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109823

Blue_Dolphin308
07-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Irving officials canceled a second arraignment Wednesday afternoon in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Faryaal, who died Tuesday evening a day after she was revived and placed on life support.

Akhter called 911 about 5 p.m. Monday from the family's apartment.

In the 911 tape, released Wednesday, Akhter admits to wrapping a wire around the children's necks until they turned blue. Before that, she said she tried to make them drink bathroom cleaner.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/sns-children-strangled,0,4862857.story

Blue_Dolphin308
07-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Akhter's uncle said his niece had been depressed since moving into the new apartment and reported "strange things" inside the family's home.

"It looks like she had mental problems," said Wasimul Haque, who did not elaborate on what Saiqa Akhter said she had seen. "I don't understand why she did it."

They are already setting up a mental defense!!! From the above link!

Blue_Dolphin308
07-22-2010, 10:30 PM
From the same article!

The family was the subject of a Child Protective Services investigation last year after Zain was left alone at home while his parents rushed his sister to a hospital to be treated for breathing problems.

An agency spokeswoman said there were no signs of neglect or abuse

LotsaLatte
07-22-2010, 10:37 PM
From the same article!

The family was the subject of a Child Protective Services investigation last year after Zain was left alone at home while his parents rushed his sister to a hospital to be treated for breathing problems.

An agency spokeswoman said there were no signs of neglect or abuse

BBM: Huh???

DairyGirl
07-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Akhter's uncle said his niece had been depressed since moving into the new apartment and reported "strange things" inside the family's home.

"It looks like she had mental problems," said Wasimul Haque, who did not elaborate on what Saiqa Akhter said she had seen. "I don't understand why she did it."

They are already setting up a mental defense!!! From the above link!

If he knew there were problems why didn't he try to help? At least get the husband to get her help.

Lovejac
07-23-2010, 08:17 AM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/strangled-children-tearfully-mourned

Thursday the children’s father was surrounded by male family and friends as he buried his daughter. Wednesday he buried his son.

Relatives said two days of consecutive ceremonies have devastated the family. Their father is overcome with grief.

"He's totally broke and he is not in the position to do anything. But we are trying to support him. It is a very hard time for us," Haque said.

Police said earlier this week 30-year-old Saiqa Akhter strangled 5-year-old Zain and 2-year-old Faraal. She then called 911.

She can be heard in an audio recording repeating, “I kill my both kids. They are died.”

Her own words revealed her thinking when she killed her children.

“Both are autistic. I don’t want my kids to be like that. I want normal kids,” Akhter told the 911 operator.