PDA

View Full Version : GA - Janell Crystal Aaron, 20, Clayton County, 15 July 2010 - Anyone looking for her?

fhc
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Why is it that there was NO news for over a month that Janell is missing?

What is being done?

Last seen with baby's father, he now has the baby.Clayton police: Woman missing under 'suspicious circumstances'

http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/clayton-police-woman-missing-594055.html

http://www.mycountypaper.com/claytonnews/headlines/100955879.html

http://www.mycountypaper.com/claytonnews/headlines/101047524.html

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Missing Mom's Boyfriend: Baby Misses Her

RIVERDALE, Ga. -- The boyfriend of a Clayton County woman, missing since mid-July, said their 5-month-old daughter misses her mother.

Errol Moore, 19, said he and his mother have been caring for little Janyra ever since Janell Aaron, 20, vanished without a trace.

“I've been putting up pictures, I’ve been on Facebook, talking to her friends, calling her,” said Moore. He said last saw his girlfriend when he picked up their daughter from Aaron's Riverdale apartment in the 1600 block of Dayna Drive in Riverdale in mid-July.

Clayton County Police said there are "suspicious circumstances" surrounding Aaron's disappearance. Detectives said no friends or family members have heard from Aaron since she disappeared.

"This is out of her character," said Aaron's aunt, Janice Aaron-Whitley, who raised Aaron during her teenage years. "She didn't do this to me as a teenager. She's always been the responsible one for me."

Moore said he believes his girlfriend initially left because she was overwhelmed with the stress of being a new mom. But as time passes, he worries that something bad has happened to her.

Moore spoke to the television camera in hopes that his girlfriend would see the story. “We show her your picture every day," he said of his daughter. "And she knows who you are, and you know that she’s missing you. You know that you miss her. So you need to just come back and just be happy again.”

Investigators describe Aaron as black, 5-feet, 6-inches tall and weighing 110 pounds.

She has several tattoos, including one of the zodiac sign Aries on her right forearm, and a diamond on the back of her neck.

Police said Aaron also has a tattoo with her daughter's name on her right calf.

"Her (Aaron's) mom left her, so she promised she would never leave her child. She promised because she was left," said Aaron-Whitley.

Anyone with information about Aaron's disappearance is asked to call Detective Childs of the Clayton County Police Department at 678-614-9099.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/24666911/detail.html

PoppyH
08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I hope she makes it home safely to her baby, I wonder if she took off on her own??

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I hope she makes it home safely to her baby, I wonder if she took off on her own??

I just don't think so...a month before any media attention. Someone would have heard from her, jmo.

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
TexasLil, how did you find that article & video? I've been searching since Summer brought this to our attention. Great Job!

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 02:15 PM
TexasLil, how did you find that article & video? I've been searching since Summer brought this to our attention. Great Job!

I love Google and it sometimes loves me back! :)

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
It would be so nice to capture the picture of Janell & Janyira sleeping. That is a beautiful picture in that video.

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Why no listing here???

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmalistview.php?wstr=Adult&alpha=A&state=GA

Is it LE's responsibility to refer her case? Family?

What searches are being done? Vigils?

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Snipped from Article...

Aaron’s cousin, Tyra Aaron, called police on July 19 to report her missing, according to Officer E. Glover, of the Clayton County Police Department.

“The complainant [Tyra Aaron] advised that witness No. 1 [Moore] would not give any information on when the last time he saw her [Janell Aaron], or his whereabouts with the baby,” said Glover, in the police report.

http://www.mycountypaper.com/claytonnews/headlines/101047524.html

Kat
08-20-2010, 02:26 PM
For fhc

blue_the_puppy
08-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Why no listing here???

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmalistview.php?wstr=Adult&alpha=A&state=GA

AFAIK, family generally needs to submit cases to sites like the one above.

Unfortunately, it is easy to let missing person's cases slip through the cracks and get little to no attention from the general public (especially adult cases). Generally, families and friends of the missing person need to be the ones to get the word out. And, of course, websites like this where concerned and caring people can do their part. Sometimes LE plays a more active role in alerting media, organizing searches, etc. It all depends on the jurisdiction.

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:33 PM
For fhc

I love you, Kat :), that picture brings tears. This is where Janell should be. Hugs

blue_the_puppy
08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
For fhc

that picture is heartbreaking. poor baby, she must miss her mommy so much.

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Errol says he has been posting pictures on Facebook. Has anyone found any?

angelmom
08-20-2010, 02:56 PM

not that I can find.

fhc
08-20-2010, 02:59 PM
not that I can find.

Thank you. Wouldn't it be nice if LE had a booklet or something to give families on resources when a loved one goes missing.

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 03:15 PM

I can't find a facebook or myspace for Errol, Tyra or Janell. The Aunt has two facebook accounts. One is private. The other only contains a thank you for your prayers and support message. No pics that I can see.

fhc
08-20-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't find a facebook or myspace for Errol, Tyra or Janell. The Aunt has two facebook accounts. One is private. The other only contains a thank you for your prayers and support message. No pics that I can see.

Any ideas how to help? Where are her friends??? Someone NEEDS to do more.

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Any ideas how to help? Where are her friends??? Someone NEEDS to do more.

I'm at a loss aside from perhaps keeping in touch with media to keep the attention going on her case.

dreamweaver
08-20-2010, 03:29 PM
http://media.graytvinc.com/images/!-BOLO-1.jpg.jpg

Janell Aaron

fhc
08-20-2010, 03:32 PM
http://media.graytvinc.com/images/!-BOLO-1.jpg.jpg

Janell Aaron

The boyfriend, family and friends MUST have more pictures than this 3 yr old one. Like that picture that Kat posted from the CBS video report.

dreamweaver
08-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Janell not seen or heard from since July 17.
Last person to see her, her baby's father.
He states that Janell was going to a job interview.

Where was the job interview? Did she have a car?
Was she going to take public transportatin?
What was she wearing?
If she did have a job interview, did she make it there?

Any security cameras near the boy friend's home?

The boy friend leaps to mind as someone who may know more than he telling... last person to see Janell, did not report her missing, rambling statement about Janell
in his press interview.
He may only have Janell's best interest in mind, I certainly don't know, but
hmm.

fhc
08-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Janell not seen or heard from since July 17.
Last person to see her, her baby's father.
He states that Janell was going to a job interview.

Where was the job interview? Did she have a car?
Was she going to take public transportatin?
What was she wearing?
If she did have a job interview, did she make it there?

Any security cameras near the boy friend's home?

The boy friend leaps to mind as someone who may know more than he telling... last person to see Janell, did not report her missing, rambling statement about Janell
in his press interview.
He may only have Janell's best interest in mind, I certainly don't know, but
hmm.

and the fact that he wouldn't answer any questions about her.

dreamweaver
08-20-2010, 03:37 PM
For fhc

Do we know the date of this picture?

The news articles state the baby is 5 months old. I am unsure if that means 5 months as of July 17 or 5 months old now.

But the pic seems as if it would be close to the date Jannel went missing.

fhc
08-20-2010, 04:18 PM
LaVanda Dolce, a WSer, has graciously offered to do a banner and hopefully amplify this evening. Her agency, LostnMissing is wonderful. Special prayer that this will kickstart efforts and bring Janell home safely to her precious daughter.

dsntslp
08-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Dayna Dr, Riverdale, GA

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Dayna+dr,+riverdale,+ga&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.821085,93.076172&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dayna+Dr,+Atlanta,+Clayton,+Georgia+30349&t=h&z=16

Retention ponds and lots of woods nearby. :(

Kat
08-20-2010, 04:48 PM
If there is anyway to contact the family or a friend of the family through facebook or another social networking site we have a wonderful thread here on Lighting the way home that outlines exactly how families can do the most in the search for their missing loved ones.

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 04:51 PM
If there is anyway to contact the family or a friend of the family through facebook or another social networking site we have a wonderful thread here on Lighting the way home that outlines exactly how families can do the most in the search for their missing loved ones.

Kat,

I sent a friend request and message to her Aunt on facebook. I'll let you know if I hear back.

Lil

fhc
08-20-2010, 04:52 PM

Great idea. I did write to one of the reporters to ask if there was a way to contact the aunt or cousin for a more recent photograph, but no response yet.

fhc
08-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Kat,

I sent a friend request and message to her Aunt on facebook. I'll let you know if I hear back.

Lil

:woohoo:

dsntslp
08-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Googlemaps has the 1600 block as here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1600+Dayna+dr,+riverdale,+ga&sll=33.588984,-84.417913&sspn=0.001151,0.00284&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1600+Dayna+Dr,+Atlanta,+Clayton,+Georgia+303 49&ll=33.588457,-84.417113&spn=0.001151,0.00284&t=h&z=19

Very close to the retention pond.

fhc
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Googlemaps has the 1600 block as here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1600+Dayna+dr,+riverdale,+ga&sll=33.588984,-84.417913&sspn=0.001151,0.00284&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1600+Dayna+Dr,+Atlanta,+Clayton,+Georgia+303 49&ll=33.588457,-84.417113&spn=0.001151,0.00284&t=h&z=19

Very close to the retention pond.

That's concerning, thank you for the map :)

dsntslp
08-20-2010, 05:02 PM
If anybody does make contact with the family it might become important to know if she swims.

(YW FHC.)

Also, if you look to the SE of 1600 Dayna Dr there is an "Overlook Terrace". If that is really an overlook and the area goes downhill there I would be sure to search there first along with the retention pond. sorry :(

ETA: Also, coming out of the apartment complex on W Lees Mills Rd and going North there is a stretch of woods on either side, very secluded. Easy and quick to get to.

fhc
08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
If anybody does make contact with the family it might become important to know if she swims.

(YW FHC.)

Also, if you look to the SE of 1600 Dayna Dr there is an "Overlook Terrace". If that is really an overlook and the area goes downhill there I would be sure to search there first along with the retention pond. sorry :(

ANY searches would bring us closer to finding Janell, even if it's through a process of elimination.

dsntslp
08-20-2010, 05:20 PM
There haven't been ANY ground searches at all? My word...oh my. :(

Further N of the area I last spoke about there is a "Lake of The Woods Blvd". The lake that is there appears to either have a "washout" or Driveway down to the Lake. If that is a driveway that cars can navigate it becomes a very likely area as well because the Lake appears to be ringed with trees that would block the views from nearby homes. I would be interested to know if the apartments nearby are at a higher elevation and can see the Lake area well or not.

ETA: The more I look at it the more it looks like a wash.

fhc
08-20-2010, 05:26 PM
There haven't been ANY ground searches at all? My word...oh my. :(

ASAIK, nothing

dsntslp
08-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I know that none of what I am saying here is encouraging. It's just the searcher in me taking over. If you do get a search put together I'll try to come up and lend another set of boots or three, more if I can get them together in time. Just let me know.

fhc
08-20-2010, 05:39 PM
It appears an uncle calls her 'Nelly' through searching FB, still a 2007 photo but very different.

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Something just dawned on me. Has anyone seen a description of they type of vehicle Janell drove? I would think to take the baby back and forth there must be transportation involved. I know the Marta bus and train are popular transportation modes in that area but I am curious now.

Kat
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Here is the link if anyone needs it after contact.

What if my child goes missing?? What to/not to do. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That thread is outlines exactly what needs to be done as a checklist for the families of the missing.

Thank you Christine.

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Here is Janell's facebook. It was hard to find because of the name...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000201897885&ref=search#!/profile.php?id=100000201897885

fhc
08-20-2010, 06:28 PM
According to her FB, she was through with the baby's daddy and he is not her friend on her FB

dsntslp
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Might also want to find out if the apartment complex perimeter is fenced off from the woods surrounding the complex. I can not get a close enough look on maps to tell. In other words, is there anywhere in the apartment complex, close to her apartment or otherwise, where one could just go for a walk in the woods? Entrances from within the complex?

I would think that due to safety issues with young children it would be fenced, but ya' never know. Nature trails maybe, idk?

dreamweaver
08-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Kat,

Lil

I also did this, just checked FB, no response yet.

dreamweaver
08-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Here is Janell's facebook. It was hard to find because of the name...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000201897885&ref=search#!/profile.php?id=100000201897885

I wanted to say what a great job of finding her FB page.
I had looked, but did not find it, well, I didn't know
her FB name either.

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 08:42 PM
I wanted to say what a great job of finding her FB page.
I had looked, but did not find it, well, I didn't know
her FB name either.

I have to give fhc all the credit! She found the father's page and from there I was able to sleuth a bit more.

fhc
08-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I have to give fhc all the credit! She found the father's page and from there I was able to sleuth a bit more.

lol, Texas Lil, i was always 2 steps behind you at best!

TexasLil
08-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I also did this, just checked FB, no response yet.

Going to try and befriend the father now. He seems a little more concerned!

fhc
08-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Going to try and befriend the father now. He seems a little more concerned!

Any luck?

TexasLil
08-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Any luck?

Not yet fhc. I'm hoping he checks his facebook over the weekend. I sent him a message with the link Kat provided as well.

Kat
08-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Just a gentle reminder to anyone. When we interact with the family we do so as private citizens and must be careful not to represent ourselves as a representative of WS in anyway. (I know that most here know that! :))

Things we can do:
1. Contact the local reporters and ask for more coverage. Updates published. FHC has already done this, the more the merrier is a good thing.

2. See about getting her on some missing persons websites. National databases.

I'm open for other suggestions too!

FHC where is the link you used for the email for the reporter please? I'll write too.

fhc
08-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Just a gentle reminder to anyone. When we interact with the family we do so as private citizens and must be careful not to represent ourselves as a representative of WS in anyway. (I know that most here know that! :))

Things we can do:
1. Contact the local reporters and ask for more coverage. Updates published. FHC has already done this, the more the merrier is a good thing.

2. See about getting her on some missing persons websites. National databases.

I'm open for other suggestions too!

FHC where is the link you used for the email for the reporter please? I'll write too.

msubiria@news-daily.com

fhc
08-21-2010, 06:04 PM
GA GA - Janell Crystal Aaron - 20 years old - Clayton County - July 15, 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WOO HOO Look what LaVanda Dolce did for Janell!!!!!!!!

fhc
08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/LavandaDolce/JanelleAaron20YoungMommissingfromGA07152010-1.jpg

Kat
08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Wow look at that smile.

What a beautiful young woman. Prayers she comes home soon.

Lavanda Dolce
08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Why no listing here???

That organization is now defunct and no longer in operation. The new org that was established for adults is findthemissing.org and is via the NAMUS website in which police, organizations and even the general public can register a missing loved one. They then will verify info and post. However, it takes a bit of time before one appears in NamUS if the public is entering the data as there may be many things they may not know...so NamUS will contact police to enter the rest of the data.

TexasLil
08-24-2010, 12:38 PM
*** Bumping for Janell. No new news that I've found. I sent the reporter an email to ask if LE said anything about her having a car or otherwise.

fhc
08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Asking again, Is anyone looking for this 20 yr old mother? This is sad...

TexasLil
08-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Asking again, Is anyone looking for this 20 yr old mother? This is sad...

This is so unlike any of the normal missing person's cases we see where family and friends work tirelessly posting flyers, conducting searchess, asking for media interviews, etc. This is quite bizarre I agree.

Her father has a few comments on his facebook early on praying for her safe return but nothing recently. It just seems everyone has resolved to give up. So sad for Janell. :(

concernedteacher
10-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Police: Body Of Missing 20-Year-Old Woman Found
Boyfriend Of Janell Crystal Aaron Charged With Murder
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/25321761/detail.html

Openmyeyes
10-08-2010, 12:53 AM
I've checked another article and neither say where she was found. There are some fairly isolated sections in Riverdale. I worked outside the airport and we'd get lunch, band and shop in Riverdale. Its changed dramatically over 20 years.

I am sorry it did not turn out better for Janell.

Lavanda Dolce
10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Prayers for Janell’s child, family and friends and all who love and will miss her. A real tragedy that did not have to happen. May justice be served…the Team at LostNMIssing, Inc

TexasLil
10-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. One of the charges against the boyfriend was "concealing death" in addition to murder and aggravated assault. I guess I've never seen that come along with a murder charge before. At first I thought perhaps it meant concealing the body but I can't quite wrap my brain around "concealing death". Perhaps too early and not enough coffee yet.

Prayers for Janell's daughter, Mr. Aaron and the rest of the Aaron family.

TexasLil
10-08-2010, 11:21 AM
BBM:

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -- Police said a 19-year-old was charged in the disappearance and slaying of a metro Atlanta woman who had been missing since July.

Police found the body of Janelle Aaron this week.

Officials said the suspect helped solve the case.

Channel 2 Action News was there as Errol Moore Jr., 19, made his way to a squad car with his lips sealed.

He was charged with murder in connection with the disappearance and death of Aaron. He was also charged with concealing a death and aggravated assault, police said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25324469/detail.html

TexasLil
10-08-2010, 11:22 AM
BBM

Clayton County Police made an arrest, Thursday, on charges of murder, aggravated assault, and concealing the death of another, after a suspect allegedly led authorities to a body, in Jonesboro.

According to Officer Otis Willis, III, a Clayton County police spokesman, police were given information that led them to the body of a female, who is believed to be Janell Crystal Aaron, 20, of Jonesboro.

“She has been missing since July, and we believe it to be her body,” said Willis, at a press conference held at police headquarters.

The suspect, Errol Alexis Moore, Jr., 19, provided police with the location of the body, officials said.

http://www.mycountypaper.com/claytonnews/headlines/Suspect_arrested_after_leading_police_to_body___10 4548134.html

dsntslp
10-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Map from Dayna Dr (her apt.) to Sherwood Cemetery.

http://tinyurl.com/2ga43rj

AnnieOakley
10-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Can her thread be marked as 'found deceased"?

Kat
10-09-2010, 03:07 PM
My deepest sympathy to her family. RIP sweetie.

Bratislava
10-09-2010, 05:22 PM
He looked pretty slick, I must say. Notice in the comments for one of the videos that someone says Erroll was so "goofy and playful" that they would never have thought him capable.

truthsleuth
10-09-2010, 08:36 PM
RIP Janell. I'm so sorry about this outcome

it is promised that you will one day see your sweet little daughter Janirah again ... In the meantime, may you dance with the angels.