View Full Version : KS - Alicia DeBolt - 14 - Great Bend - August 21, 2010, #3

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cubby
09-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Please continue here:

Carried over from thread two.

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

Heads up, dear posters!

If you are a new poster, you must read the TOS before you post.

Part of the TOS is that there is to be no baiting. Baiting is when you post something like, "I know something but I'm not going to post it." Creates too much drama on a thread.

Another part of TOS is that posting rumors is a no-no.

And if you post that you read somewhere that X happened or you read somewhere that so and so said X, you must post a link.

If you are an experienced poster, please give me a hand by hitting the alert buton when the need arises.

I will be in and out of the thread today (I'm busy freezing sweet corn, and making and freezing marinara sauce, plus trying to sweep all of DS13's sleepover buddies out of the house!).

Thanks for caring so much about justice for Alicia. I really mean that!

And to our new posters a big WS :Welcome-12-june:

Hoppy
mod

Thread 1

Thread 2

anyoldtime48
09-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Bringing this forward from previous thread:

"Attorney General Steve Six will meet with reporters Tuesday in Great Bend to discuss charges in the murder of Great Bend teenager Alicia DeBolt."[/B]

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/102293664.html

Hopefully we will have some answers after that meeting with media.

westsidefox64
09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
can someone tell me how to bring something up from a previous thread? Also can anything from a previous thread be brought to a new one?

wasnt_me
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't really know how to bring things forward, but in my signature below is a link to two video transcripts, including the infamous AL interview, and the photos from the cell phone, so far. probably will be adding more stuff and anyone can message me if they want to add something to it. I believe I have the documents open for editing if anyone wants to edit.

Kat
09-06-2010, 08:25 PM
can someone tell me how to bring something up from a previous thread? Also can anything from a previous thread be brought to a new one?

Go to the post that you want to bring forward from the older thread.

On that post in the upper right hand corner you will see an icon that tells you what number that post is on that thread.

Click on that number. A webpage will open up with that post alone. Right click and copy the address of that page.

Come to this thread and paste the address.

NOTE: I find it easiest to do this when I open two windows to WS. One for the thread open at this time, and one from the thread of which I wish to bring forward a previous post.

HTH :)

hoppyfrog
09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks to MandiJayne and Westsidefox64 for this link

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/L...-background--2

which confirms that there is only one AL.

MandiJayne posted

"Is this local newspaper considered credible enough to continue that discussion?"

The answer is YES.

Thanks to all of you for your patience as we sorted this out.

Certain posters become very dedicated to certain cases, and that is so helpful. They become the "go to" posters for help in situations like this.

There's no way the mods can keep track of the intricacies of all the cases here at WS. :banghead:

Plus we have real lives to lead, doing stuff like going to work, napping (hehehe), making and freezing marinara sauce, getting groceries, dropping kids off at friends' houses, send stuff to kids at university (all the stuff they forgot at home!), eating, showering, volunteering in the community, putting gas in the car, remembering to pick up kids from friends' houses...yep, all that was just today. :) (I was indeed one of the poor souls who had to work on Labor Day. )

Hoppy

Patty G
09-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks to MandiJayne and Westsidefox64 for this link

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/L...-background--2

which confirms that there is only one AL.

MandiJayne posted

"Is this local newspaper considered credible enough to continue that discussion?"

The answer is YES.

Thanks to all of you for your patience as we sorted this out.

Certain posters become very dedicated to certain cases, and that is so helpful. They become the "go to" posters for help in situations like this.

There's no way the mods can keep track of the intricacies of all the cases here at WS. :banghead:

Plus we have real lives to lead, doing stuff like going to work, napping (hehehe), making and freezing marinara sauce, getting groceries, dropping kids off at friends' houses, send stuff to kids at university (all the stuff they forgot at home!), eating, showering, volunteering in the community, putting gas in the car, remembering to pick up kids from friends' houses...yep, all that was just today. :) (I was indeed one of the poor souls who had to work on Labor Day. )

Hoppy

Link is not working. :(

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased KS - Alicia DeBolt - 14 - Great Bend - August 21, 2010, #2

Thanks for this it helped me so much. I had it stuck in my head that it was all happening at the same club. After this response I went back through and figured out the difference!

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Link is not working. :(

I just went back to the other thread and tried to bring the link over here again but couldnt get it to work. If you go back to thread#2 post 515 it works from there.:)

Baxter
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Does this link work?

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/Longoria-background--2

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/07/1481469/person-of-interest-in-14-year.html

AL charged with capital murder and criminal sodomy!!!!

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Longoria is in court at this hour hearing the charges against him. He has been charged with capital murder and criminal sodomy. He faces the death penalty if convicted.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Capital-murder-charges-brought-in-teens-death/ZDCaR2MygUue8sSNWKVVXQ.cspx

oviedo
09-07-2010, 10:51 AM
"Prosecuters say they do not expect to charge anyone else in the case."
http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/102341824.html

------------------
i guess that means he was alone - and the rumors of the gang and the others are not true.

mahoneys07
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM
:( Poor Girl ..I hope this Jerk FRIES!

Mom_of_M&M
09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...

colette
09-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Maybe internally there was still evidence.

oviedo
09-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...

we haven't heard where exactly she was burned - but we can surmise that her face might have been and that is why they needed time to ID the body - perhaps other parts of her were not burned and they managed to gather evidence from those other areas.

I wonder if they were able to recall the package he sent which contained his personal clothing - and perhaps there was evidence on it?

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 11:45 AM
According to Kansas statute a charge of "criminal sodomy" is only a class B misdemeanor. It must be considered "aggravated criminal sodomy" to be classified a felony. However, after reading the definitions of both I would tend to think Alicia's case would fall in the "aggravated" category. Perhaps that is the actual charge and the media just shortened it in the article?

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_21/Article_35/#21-3505

trigger
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Great news!!!

:rose: RIP Alicia

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Mom_of_M&M;5586862]I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...[/QUOT

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/05/1479214/remains-of-a-body-with-or-without.html

Hope this helps!!

Mom_of_M&M
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks, that does help. Gosh, I hate to think that AD had to go through all that.

Soul125
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Good news for the case. I hope the family can pull together and get through this somehow. God bless them.

laura08
09-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I was thinking others were involved but am relieved to know they wasn't involved in this horrible crime against Alicia. I still want to know more about when she left how did she come about being with Adam Longoria if she was with the 19 yr old.

laura08
09-07-2010, 01:00 PM

You don't sound stupid thats a good question. I was watching a forensic show the other night and this lady and her husband had allowed this guy to live with them they considered him a friend. Then suddenly the husband died the wife kept becoming sick. His death and her sickness was due to the stuff in rat posion (I forget what it was called) so they started investigating realized these two sisters the guy had lived with many years ago had suddenly died as well and where cremated, they did testing on the cremated remains and found traces of the same posion. They was able to arrest him and charge him for the deaths. Science is amazing. He was putting it in there food.

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I was thinking others were involved but am relieved to know they wasn't involved in this horrible crime against Alicia. I still want to know more about when she left how did she come about being with Adam Longoria if she was with the 19 yr old.

I had come to the conclusion he was alone in this. I think he was the one to pick her up. I think she just told her mom it was a 19 yr old friend picking her up because she wouldnt be able to go with a 36 yr old man. I remember being 14 and telling my mom what ever I thought she wanted to hear to do what I wanted...I had my first child at 15. I just think he was telling her things to get what he wanted and she was believing he was interested in her not just her youth. Im sure he made her feel older and very important.
I just wonder what happened to make him SNAP??? He is a very scary person and im glad they caught him as fast as they did or other kids would surely be in trouble!

Valleyboy
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
You don't sound stupid thats a good question. I was watching a forensic show the other night and this lady and her husband had allowed this guy to live with them they considered him a friend. Then suddenly the husband died the wife kept becoming sick. His death and her sickness was due to the stuff in rat posion (I forget what it was called) so they started investigating realized these two sisters the guy had lived with many years ago had suddenly died as well and where cremated, they did testing on the cremated remains and found traces of the same posion. They was able to arrest him and charge him for the deaths. Science is amazing. He was putting it in there food.

Quite possible it was ARSENIC you were thinking about.

Kat
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I just went back to the other thread and tried to bring the link over here again but couldnt get it to work. If you go back to thread#2 post 515 it works from there.:)

Just a note: (I learned this the hard way :) if you copy and paste a post any links within won't work. :crazy: But if you bring the post forward in a new link as outlined above, any links within that post will work. Don't ask me! I don't know why LOL.

Kat
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
When is the presser? Did I miss it? Or did I confuse another case with this one?

I thought the sheriff was going to discuss murder charges soon?

TIA.

MsFacetious
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Just a note: (I learned this the hard way :) if you copy and paste a post any links within won't work. :crazy: But if you bring the post forward in a new link as outlined above, any links within that post will work. Don't ask me! I don't know why LOL.

It's because when you enter a long link it does not show the complete link in the post. It shortens it for the sake of space.

Example....this link is about 5 lines long when you paste it into a post, you'll see that in the address bar of your browser if you click on it. However, obviously it doesn't show up as 5 lines here. That is why the .... shows up in the middle of the link here but not when you go to it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11536+Northwest+Skyline+Boulevard+Portland,+OR+9 7231&sll=49.894634,-113.203125&sspn=27.26845,56.513672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11536+NW+Skyline+Blvd,+Portland,+Multnomah,+ Oregon+97231&ll=45.607418,-122.856867&spn=0.007205,0.013797&t=h&z=16

If you copy just what shows up, it won't work and will just take you to the main default map...because what shows up is not the complete link. If it is a short link like http://maps.google.com then that will show up as a complete link and also should work when you copy a post.

You can always copy the post...but click on the links and then re-paste them into it.

I swear it really is simple even if I made it complicated. :waitasec:

laura08
09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Quite possible it was ARSENIC you were thinking about.

Thats it!! I couldnt think of that word as hard as I tried!!

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Snipped from Article:

In a brief appearance this morning in Barton County District Court, the 36-year-old former Texas prison inmate was told that he was also being charged with criminal sodomy. The charges say the crimes took place on or about Aug. 21 or 22, after the Great Bend cheerleader left home and was reportedly seen getting into a vehicle.

When Judge Hannelore Kitts asked Longoria whether he understood the charges, he first nodded. Prompted by his attorney, Jeff Wicks, Longoria then said, "Yeah."

At times, he squinted. Before being led off by deputies, he stared at the ceiling and puffed out his clean-shaven cheeks.

Longoria is being represented by attorneys with the Kansas Death Penalty Defense Unit.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/07/1481469/person-of-interest-in-14-year.html#ixzz0yrshVSpW

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=551&pictureid=10940
Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/07/1481469/person-of-interest-in-14-year.html#ixzz0yrsV0k00

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM

This article offers very good information about evidence that can still be obtained after a body is burned...

Remains of a body, with or without DNA evidence, can offer evidence, prosecutors say

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/05/1479214/remains-of-a-body-with-or-without.html#ixzz0yrtvekmF

laura08
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I had come to the conclusion he was alone in this. I think he was the one to pick her up. I think she just told her mom it was a 19 yr old friend picking her up because she wouldnt be able to go with a 36 yr old man. I remember being 14 and telling my mom what ever I thought she wanted to hear to do what I wanted...I had my first child at 15. I just think he was telling her things to get what he wanted and she was believing he was interested in her not just her youth. Im sure he made her feel older and very important.
I just wonder what happened to make him SNAP??? He is a very scary person and im glad they caught him as fast as they did or other kids would surely be in trouble!

I agree he probably was telling her everything she wanted to hear, and was very kind in the beginning. His girlfriend and her kids are very lucky he didn't snap on them. He could have also told Alicia to pretend a 19 yr was picking her up because he knew her mother wouldn't have allowed that so thats why he drove his girlfriends vehicle. The neighbor was lucky to when she took him to work that day he didn't harm her. I don't think he will ever admit his reasoning, but I think he raped her and then tried burning her body to cover his crime. For fear she would become pregnant or tell someone.

anyoldtime48
09-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Does Kansas law not allow for NO bail? I realize $1.5 million is a high number, but why on earth any at all? Known flight risk and lifelong criminal.

Boy, didn't poor little Adam look cheesed off. Put on his best "I'm being persecuted" look. :sick:

Scum bag. Pity legal injection is the only method and that he will as likely sit on death row until he dies a "natural" death. Wish they'd simply toss him in with the general prison population and let nature take its course.

anyoldtime48
09-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Don't think this link with courtroom video has been posted yet.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/102293664.html

JustPeachy
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
According to Kansas statute a charge of "criminal sodomy" is only a class B misdemeanor. It must be considered "aggravated criminal sodomy" to be classified a felony. However, after reading the definitions of both I would tend to think Alicia's case would fall in the "aggravated" category. Perhaps that is the actual charge and the media just shortened it in the article?

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_21/Article_35/#21-3505

I read the definition of the statues and I think this case is more in the "aggravated criminal sodomy" category. Both are awful and I feel for this childs family and the things they are going to hear and see when this goes to trial.

Added: I hope AL's girlfriend has taken her daughter for a check-up, just in case.

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 03:22 PM
The look of confusion on AL's face when the SA mentions his past criminal history is absurd! How could he possibly look confused/disgusted when the SA mentions this?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=551&pictureid=10942

Bratislava
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
The comments sections on the recent articles are disturbing. The locals seem so eager to blame the mother for everything. I think we know enough about criminals to understand that they kill girls walking home from school or any other time during the day. If AL had his eye on her, then only a criminal justice system which kept a repeat offender like him off the streets could have protected poor Alicia.

Men like AL are dangerous REGARDLESS of your curfew or schedule. I think the mom-blamers should be ashamed of themselves for even considering the thought of blaming someone besides AL for this.

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I just found this article...doesnt look like AD was the only only child this monster got ahold of...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/09/07/Kansas-man-charged-with-slaying-girl-14/UPI-33751283885841/

The complaint alleges Adam Joseph Longoria, 36, of Great Bend, killed Alicia Debolt Aug. 21 or 22 during or subsequent to an act of criminal sodomy, and that Longoria engaged in sodomy with another child during the same time period, WIBW-TV in Topeka reported. Longoria faces the death penalty if convicted.

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
I read the definition of the statues and I think this case is more in the "aggravated criminal sodomy" category. Both are awful and I feel for this childs family and the things they are going to hear and see when this goes to trial.

Added: I hope AL's girlfriend has taken her daughter for a check-up, just in case.

I just watched the video of the judge reading the charges and they definitly only charged him with "criminal sodomy" and not "aggravated".

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 03:46 PM
When is the presser? Did I miss it? Or did I confuse another case with this one?

I thought the sheriff was going to discuss murder charges soon?

TIA.

Kat,

I think this was the presser...

JustPeachy
09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I just watched the video of the judge reading the charges and they definitly only charged him with "criminal sodomy" and not "aggravated".

Thanks TexasLil, maybe I read the definition wrong. Hmmm:waitasec:

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I just found this article...doesnt look like AD was the only only child this monster got ahold of...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/09/07/Kansas-man-charged-with-slaying-girl-14/UPI-33751283885841/

The complaint alleges Adam Joseph Longoria, 36, of Great Bend, killed Alicia Debolt Aug. 21 or 22 during or subsequent to an act of criminal sodomy, and that Longoria engaged in sodomy with another child during the same time period, WIBW-TV in Topeka reported. Longoria faces the death penalty if convicted.

Here is another article but doesn't use the words "another child". I really think he's only charged with committing the crime against Alicia and the wording of the complaint was confusing to reporters. I could be wrong though.

The complaint alleges that on or about August 21st and/or August 22nd Longoria killed Alicia Debolt in the commission of or subsequent to the crime of criminal sodomy, and Longoria is being charged with capital murder. The complaint also alleges during that same time period Longoria engaged in sodomy with a child and Longoria is charged with criminal sodomy.

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Here is another article but doesn't use the words "another child". I really think he's only charged with committing the crime against Alicia and the wording of the complaint was confusing to reporters. I could be wrong though.

The complaint alleges that on or about August 21st and/or August 22nd Longoria killed Alicia Debolt in the commission of or subsequent to the crime of criminal sodomy, and Longoria is being charged with capital murder. The complaint also alleges during that same time period Longoria engaged in sodomy with a child and Longoria is charged with criminal sodomy.

I so hope your right!!!!Enough people have been hurt by this guy. My first thought when I read the other article was the GFs daughter. Ive been in tears since I read the first article.this guy makes my skin crawl!!!

JustPeachy
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I think if I was the lawyer assigned to this case, I just may have to announce my retirement. I would have a hard time defending this creature. I know innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but just the thought that I would have to spent one second of my time preparing this case would make me ill.

TexasLil
09-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I so hope your right!!!!Enough people have been hurt by this guy. My first thought when I read the other article was the GFs daughter. Ive been in tears since I read the first article.this guy makes my skin crawl!!!

I seriously doubt this is the first offense he's committed of this nature. I just think it's the first time he got caught. I hope and pray if he's done this to other young girls they have the courage to come forward now and report it.

IMO

anyoldtime48
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM

I think UPI took liberty with WIPW's article with the use of the word "another."

From the original story:

"The complaint alleges that on or about August 21st and/or August 22nd Longoria killed Alicia Debolt in the commission of or subsequent to the crime of criminal sodomy, and Longoria is being charged with capital murder. The complaint also alleges during that same time period Longoria engaged in sodomy with a child and Longoria is charged with criminal sodomy."

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/102341824.html

Meaning the sodomy was concurrent with the murder. Could have been better written, but no mention of "another" child.

westsidefox64
09-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I think if I was the lawyer assigned to this case, I just may have to announce my retirement. I would have a hard time defending this creature. I know innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but just the thought that I would have to spent one second of my time preparing this case would make me ill.

Not me!! No lawyer, or one that showed malice toward him, would result in a mistrial. I would defend him to the best of my ability. Hes guilty (IMO) and his past and the evidence will do him in even with the best attorney!

trigger
09-07-2010, 08:25 PM
I watched the court video and AL is a TRUE UGLY MONSTER.

Did you see him looking at her family?? OMG ..Scary Scary

This poor 14yo child what evil she saw before her :furious::furious:

wasnt_me
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow.The court video I see on the kake.com is garbled at the beginning. Is there a better version somewhere else?

Kat
09-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know off hand when the last conviction of the death penalty was in Kansas?

Also, when the last prisoner that KS executed was?

TIA!

anyoldtime48
09-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Wow.The court video I see on the kake.com is garbled at the beginning. Is there a better version somewhere else?

I think they had an exclusive on that. They were the only media that I could find last night that even announced the AG would be speaking today after court.

Looks and sounds not much better than a cell phone video. Couldn't find anybody else with tape from the court. Surprised they allowed video to be shot, especially of the family. Wonder if will be also be allowed at the preliminary hearing and thereafter?

ETA: My bad. Didn't look hard enough.

better audio here.

http://www.kwch.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=4e050827-b8ae-4a15-8790-b9097bc493c7%20&cat=empty&src=front

anyoldtime48
09-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know off hand when the last conviction of the death penalty was in Kansas?

TIA!

This is an AP article from Topeka Capital-Journal in 1999, and I don't think Kansas has executed anyone since then. 1965 looks like, when they still hung murderers.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_19990704/ai_n11731290/

supported by a much more current article from Topeka Capital-Journal.

http://cjonline.com/stories/021809/opi_392417609.shtml

Breathe
09-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I hate to even suggest this but what happens if AL says that it was consensual? (Of course followed up by she fell, hit her head on a rock and died. He got scared, etc. You know the drill.)

Can it be proved that it wasn't? I really, really, really don't want this guy to catch any breaks if he's guilty. No family should ever have to re-live those kinds of thoughts. I feel so bad for Alicia, all her family and friends. I hate it when life isn't fair.

wasnt_me
09-08-2010, 01:36 AM
ETA: My bad. Didn't look hard enough.

better audio here.

http://www.kwch.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=4e050827-b8ae-4a15-8790-b9097bc493c7%20&cat=empty&src=front

Thanks. I'll use this when i transcribe.

I transcribed AG Six's press conference, but he didn't really say anything. except it seems the 19 year old doesn't seem to be involved. At least that's what I infer.

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1P1mxrYEaRPzPLWpv4sQ6psnOkZ_9HmOiOxVIvSFVq 5s&hl=en

Montjoy
09-08-2010, 01:40 AM
I hate to even suggest this but what happens if AL says that it was consensual?

The age of consent is 16 in Kansas, so such claims would have no bearing on her rape, to say nothing about her subsequent murder.

Breathe
09-08-2010, 01:49 AM
The age of consent is 16 in Kansas, so such claims would have no bearing on her rape, to say nothing about her subsequent murder.

Amen! Thank you for knowing that. I forgot about the age limit. Today's information made this case even more horrific.

wasnt_me
09-08-2010, 01:58 AM

It wouldn't be aggravated because for that one, AD had to be UNDER 14 years of age.
Criminal sodomy I guess covers 14-15 years old.

Juno
09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I watched the court video and AL is a TRUE UGLY MONSTER.

Did you see him looking at her family?? OMG ..Scary Scary

This poor 14yo child what evil she saw before her :furious::furious:

OMG YES!! The way he was looking over at the family? MONSTER! :furious:

TexasLil
09-08-2010, 09:37 AM

TIA!

I'm not sure how up to date this is but the table shows Kansas has 10 on death row and a big fat ZERO executions since 1976. Not too encouraging that Longoria will ever be executed when convicted (notice I didn't say "if")!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

freshmom
09-08-2010, 09:55 AM

TIA!

Justin Thurber was sentenced in March of 2009 for the January 2007 killing of 19-year-old college student Jodi Sanderholm. I believe he was the most current conviction in KS.

Kat
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Thank you everyone for responding!

Just trying to wrap my head around how KS uses the DP. I appreciate it very much.

anyoldtime48
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how up to date this is but the table shows Kansas has 10 on death row and a big fat ZERO executions since 1976. Not too encouraging that Longoria will ever be executed when convicted (notice I didn't say "if")!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

Actually, zero since 1965 in Kansas. Not overly encouraging at all if you want to see Alicia's killer pay with what is left of his miserable life for taking hers.

TexasLil
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Actually, zero since 1965 in Kansas. Not overly encouraging at all if you want to see Alicia's killer pay with what is left of his miserable life for taking hers.

I guess we can only hope conditions on death row in Kansas are incredibly miserable and unbearable, knowing lethal injection may never come for him.

anyoldtime48
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I guess we can only hope conditions on death row in Kansas are incredibly miserable and unbearable, knowing lethal injection may never come for him.

Sticking with my hope that somehow they allow him to "play" in the general prison population, and give them all matches for a day.

Might be a reason he chose Kansas over Texas once he got out of jail, and not just that his GF apparently was from Kansas.

The thing that struck me instantly yesterday when the charges were read, was "premeditation." Clearly they have the dots connected with cell records etc to show that he did this with planning and forethought.

Or are using that in case they choose to plea down and take the death penalty off the table? But they'd still have to be in possession of enough evidence to show some degree of premeditation to ever have him charged that way. I'm not sure trying to cover the crime by burning the body would be enough to qualify as indicating he planned this out; or that he intended to kill her when he picked her up (that PRESUMES he was the one driving the SUV, which we don't yet know for fact).

LaLaw2000
09-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I was too angry to even post yesterday after seeing how this POS monster acted in court. How dare he even look at Alicia's family. I just felt such rage over what this sorry POS had done to Alicia. Raping her, then burning her, and finding out about the sodomy.

Why is it even a question as to whether or not Six will seek the death penalty? I saw Six's press conference and have read the transcription of it. If any case calls for the death penalty, this one does. I do know that AL was told in court that the offense was punishable by life in prison. I cannot remember - did the judge mention the death penalty could come into play?

I want to see this POS get the death penalty. That is exactly what this POS gave Alicia and traumatized her family and friends for life. If you want to see pure evil, look into AL's face and eyes. :furious:

JMO

TexasLil
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I was too angry to even post yesterday after seeing how this POS monster acted in court. How dare he even look at Alicia's family. I just felt such rage over what this sorry POS had done to Alicia. Raping her, then burning her, and finding out about the sodomy.

Why is it even a question as to whether or not Six will seek the death penalty? I saw Six's press conference and have read the transcription of it. If any case calls for the death penalty, this one does. I do know that AL was told in court that the offense was punishable by life in prison. I cannot remember - did the judge mention the death penalty could come into play?

I want to see this POS get the death penalty. That is exactly what this POS gave Alicia and traumatized her family and friends for life. If you want to see pure evil, look into AL's face and eyes. :furious:

JMO

Yes the judge listed the maximum sentence for each crime he was charged with and noted the death penalty when she read the murder charge. None of the charges seem to phase him. The only real facial reaction I saw was when the SA referred to his past criminal history and he had a look of disbelief on his face. - REALLY?

Then when it's all over he looks at the ceiling and puffs his cheeks. It also bothered me the way he kept staring at Alicia's poor family. They were sitting there with tears streaming down their cheeks and he showed no emotion whatsoever for what he did to their Alicia.

trigger
09-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes the judge listed the maximum sentence for each crime he was charged with and noted the death penalty when she read the murder charge. None of the charges seem to phase him. The only real facial reaction I saw was when the SA referred to his past criminal history and he had a look of disbelief on his face. - REALLY?

Then when it's all over he looks at the ceiling and puffs his cheeks. It also bothered me the way he kept staring at Alicia's poor family. They were sitting there with tears streaming down their cheeks and he showed no emotion whatsoever for what he did to their Alicia.

I know. He seemed to look at everyone with such a angry look. He kept looking at the prosecutor, just staring down at him. :eek:

I wonder what everyone is thinking who know him. Who drove around with him and hung out at the bar, I wonder what they think of him now??

He seems so EVIL

Portabella
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatuteFile.do?number=/21-3505.html

21-3505. Criminal sodomy. (a) Criminal sodomy is:
(1) Sodomy between persons who are 16 or more years of age and members of the same sex or between a person and an animal;
(2) sodomy with a child who is 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age; or
(3) causing a child 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age to engage in sodomy with any person or animal.
(b) It shall be a defense to a prosecution of criminal sodomy as provided in subsection (a)(2) that the child was married to the accused at the time of the offense.
(c) Criminal sodomy as provided in subsection (a)(1) is a class B nonperson misdemeanor. Criminal sodomy as provided in subsections (a)(2) and (a)(3) is a severity level 3, person felony.

Criminal Sodomy is a F3..... It is a felony

anyoldtime48
09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I know. He seemed to look at everyone with such a angry look. He kept looking at the prosecutor, just staring down at him. :eek:

I wonder what everyone is thinking who know him. Who drove around with him and hung out at the bar, I wonder what they think of him now??

He seems so EVIL

I also have to wonder about those from his past relationships. Ex wife, ex girlfriends, and heaven forbid he has any biological children of his own (nothing definitive from media reports to clarify on children). How the heck do they deal with "AJL is a sick rapist and killer?"

Bad enough coping with him being a nearly lifelong felon and jailbird, but how do you wrap your head around this and deal with it?

If the person who posted a comment on an early news story was legitimately an ex of his and moved out of Texas to protect herself and her kids, she was both smart and lucky. His most recent GF -- I truly pray she takes a good LONG serious look at herself and thinks about this, and her children, before she goes shopping for another partner in jail or other place that most of us would consider unsafe.

Comment from the self-proclaimed "ex" here:
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/alicia-debolt-murder-case-adam-longoria-taken-custody-2655982.html

Portabella
09-08-2010, 07:04 PM
To me AL does not look strange and does not look evil.... Since we know what he allegedly did it makes him look evil and the looks he gives the family yes. But overall he appears to be a normal looking young man.... that is the scary part. I teach my son, that someone can look nuts, or appear "bad" looking and be a very nice person. But a person can appear normal, kind, charming and be lying and be a bad guy. This is the scary part in life, you cannot tell by a persons looks. Sadly I am an overprotective parent and I do teach my kids, regardless of looks or how nice, strangers are strangers and sadly no one can be trusted.... No one at all. When I am in a bath he is not to open the door for anyone, not his aunt, not his grandma, NO ONE.... he is to come and tell me immediately. I may sound over the top, but stories like this petrify me. I wish this man looked crazy and evil, maybe just maybe then AD would not have trusted him.... I despise him by the way so don't get me wrong. When I look at the court hearing, its not the puffy cheeks that get me, its not the sighs, its not even the way her stared at AG Six, Its the way he cocked his mouth when the judge was speaking with him, this was defiance and this was him not giving a poop....he is not thinking about what he did, he could care less about AD, her family, his GF, anyone. AL only cares about AL..... IMHO

LaLaw2000
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Well, I think AL looks evil. If I were to see him in the street and he had done nothing, I would still think he looked mean/evil. Just take a look at the mugshot shown in the article linked in anyoldtime's post.

Just my opinion................

Soul125
09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
To me AL does not look strange and does not look evil.... Since we know what he allegedly did it makes him look evil and the looks he gives the family yes. But overall he appears to be a normal looking young man.... that is the scary part. I

Yes, that just goes to show you can't judge people by how they look. On the surface he looks like your average 30 something guy, not including his mugshot where he looks like he is drugs or something. Plenty of murderers lead normal lives. AL didn't lead a normal life by any stretch however. I am curious as to how he behaved and interacted with other adults. In other words, I wonder if you could tell he wasn't quite right from speaking with him.

Soul125
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
OMG YES!! The way he was looking over at the family? MONSTER! :furious:

I doubt he feels guilty for a single thing he has done in his life. I couldn't imagine never feeling guilty for something. It is just too bad that somebody couldn't have spotted this coming from him, but I guess he can hide his true self well enough to blend in for awhile.

hoppyfrog
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Going to move Alicia's threads over to the Awaiting Trial forum.

hoppyfrog
09-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Going to move Alicia's threads over to the Awaiting Trial forum.

anyoldtime48
09-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, I think AL looks evil. If I were to see him in the street and he had done nothing, I would still think he looked mean/evil. Just take a look at the mugshot shown in the article linked in anyoldtime's post.

Yeah, and I don't think that's even a mug shot. Believe that was a driver's license photo.

wasnt_me
09-08-2010, 11:35 PM
I doubt he feels guilty for a single thing he has done in his life. I couldn't imagine never feeling guilty for something. It is just too bad that somebody couldn't have spotted this coming from him, but I guess he can hide his true self well enough to blend in for awhile.

To me, he kind of looked annoyed and bored, and at some points pissed off to be in court.

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 08:50 AM

JMO
I saw yesterday where ADs sister Dawn posted on NG. She and her GF were the family in the courtroom and they were also the ones that went to his house with TC. So I would assume that was the reason for the go to he!! looks

gliving
09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
WICHITA, Kansas -- Prosecutors have subpoenaed the interview KSN did with Adam Longoria, the suspect in the Alicia DeBolt case.

Days before Longoria was named as a person of interest in the murder DeBolt he sat down with KSN's Kevin Wheeler.

For about 20 minutes Longoria laid out his version of the events on the night DeBolt was killed.

"Alicia's ex-boyfriend gave me her number, which I didn't know it was, and told me to text her and tell her we were having a party and to mention who all was going to be there," Longoria said during the interview.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/KSN-interview-subpoenaed-in-DeBolt-case/4JndUFcUH0GBFgw5ijm0bw.cspx

gliving
09-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Why is it even a question as to whether or not Six will seek the death penalty? I saw Six's press conference and have read the transcription of it. If any case calls for the death penalty, this one does. I do know that AL was told in court that the offense was punishable by life in prison. I cannot remember - did the judge mention the death penalty could come into play? JMO

SBM

Agreed!

I think the fact that that Six is the Attorney General of the State of Kansas (as opposed to a local prosecutor), means they are definitely considering this to be a death penalty case.

"Longoria is being represented by attorneys with the Kansas Death Penalty Defense Unit."

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/08/1482789/ex-con-charged-with-murder-in.html

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 10:40 AM
WICHITA, Kansas -- Prosecutors have subpoenaed the interview KSN did with Adam Longoria, the suspect in the Alicia DeBolt case.

Days before Longoria was named as a person of interest in the murder DeBolt he sat down with KSN's Kevin Wheeler.

For about 20 minutes Longoria laid out his version of the events on the night DeBolt was killed.

"Alicia's ex-boyfriend gave me her number, which I didn't know it was, and told me to text her and tell her we were having a party and to mention who all was going to be there," Longoria said during the interview.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/KSN-interview-subpoenaed-in-DeBolt-case/4JndUFcUH0GBFgw5ijm0bw.cspx

that answered an earlier question about how he ended up giving them the interview...he searched them out.

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I saw yesterday where ADs sister Dawn posted on NG. She and her GF were the family in the courtroom and they were also the ones that went to his house with TC. So I would assume that was the reason for the go to he!! looks

Hello westsidefox, do you happen to have the link to the above NG site, I found one but it was older. TIA

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Hello westsidefox, do you happen to have the link to the above NG site, I found one but it was older. TIA

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN?ref=search#!/photo.php?pid=4924048&id=56641053286&comments

On my screen its in posts 200 out of 609 she has 2 posts!

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Thank you for the link westsidefox. Oh my, lots of posts, more towards the end there are disturbing posts re another Girl missing in Kansas.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4924048&id=56641053286&comments

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the link westsidefox. Oh my, lots of posts, more towards the end there are disturbing posts re another Girl missing in Kansas.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4924048&id=56641053286&comments

I went back and found the post your talking about and checked the news on the web and have found nothing to say this is a true story???? I hope not, but I would think if it was really true and being a Great Bend story the press would be all over it.JMO

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
westsidefox, Me too and found nothing!

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM

I love how quickly and easily KSN found their way around the "journalistic shield law" to pony that entire video up to LE!

Now I wish they would also post it in its entirety, but at this juncture, I guess that is too much to hope for.

I'm sure curious where AJL was from he day he walked out of prison until he arrived in Great Bend, and how he got there. Did the GF come and collect him from prison? If not, where was he and what was he doing? I seriously hope LE has checked that timeline and IF there are any unaccounted for girls/women between Points A and B, that he gets a good long look at.

Or any females that disappeared during the times he was out of jail. Not convinced, even as apparently unthought out as the cover up was, that this was the work of a first-time murderer. May be another victim out there, where no reason to connect the dots to AJL previously existed. Some place he only passed through perhaps.

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 04:29 PM
anyoldtime, I thought the very same thing.

I could have sworn I heard NG say he was from NC, and I do believe that is where he called in the bomb threats so....maybe he is from NC however has relatives in Illinois?!

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
In this article is states he has Family in NC (McDowell County)

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 04:52 PM
anyoldtime, I thought the very same thing.

I could have sworn I heard NG say he was from NC, and I do believe that is where he called in the bomb threats so....maybe he is from NC however has relatives in Illinois?!

Wish I knew what their definition of "family" was. He may still have some in WY, where he was born, possibly CO and certainly connections to TX. I was just thinking more of the route he took from TX to KS. Bus? Hitchhike? Hang around and do unthinkable things? How many days was he "loose" and unaccounted for?

No indication he had a car of his own, since was stated his GF's SUV was their sole means of transportation, so it's a good bet he didn't drive himself from TX.

From news stories, I don't think there was a very long gap before he was living with the GF, but even if only a week, a sick puppy like him could do some serious damage.

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 04:56 PM

I was confused by the lady in the glasses. Who was that? I was thinking the mother, but she has much lighter hair, so maybe an aunt? I haven't read the posts by the sister to NG, yet, but curious if the posting she had done on the FB regarding many people involved was just a smoke screen or did they actual think that from what they had been told? I also was curious who the guy was sitting against the wall. News reporter? Maybe one that did a previous interview and he was getting the bad looks? AL cannot control himself...anger issues. IMO

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I was confused by the lady in the glasses. Who was that? I was thinking the mother, but she has much lighter hair, so maybe an aunt? I haven't read the posts by the sister to NG, yet, but curious if the posting she had done on the FB regarding many people involved was just a smoke screen or did they actual think that from what they had been told? I also was curious who the guy was sitting against the wall. News reporter? Maybe one that did a previous interview and he was getting the bad looks? AL cannot control himself...anger issues. IMO

The NG post says she and Holly were the only family in the court room. I cant watch the videos without going to the library so I dont have a clue who else may have been there. I believe he has anger problems and a better than everyone attitude from listening to interviews. I also think he likes attention why else search out the press to give an interview before anything was really pointing toward him. He wanted to feel important. hes probley loving all this! IMO

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM

Was waiting for this and now wonder if the other stations will be subpoenaed as well. He got his 15 mins of fame, and now they can play it over and over in court to nail him, including the parts we didn't get to see. I found it fascinating to hear how his mind did work. Hope we get a little history on him from the media before the speedy trial.

Watched a program last night that half of prisoners now in custody will be released in a year's time and over 2 billion dollars are spent on their incarcerations. Only a very small percentage get any rehabilitation at all, including drug problems; and they speculate that the problem is only growing because of it. Stated the prisoners are more or less in "criminal college" and go on to re-offend shortly after their release, many time to more violent and worse crimes. Not very comforting huh to realize your tax dollars are being spent to educate them for more crimes?

JMO

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 05:40 PM
The NG post says she and Holly were the only family in the court room. I cant watch the videos without going to the library so I dont have a clue who else may have been there. I believe he has anger problems and a better than everyone attitude from listening to interviews. I also think he likes attention why else search out the press to give an interview before anything was really pointing toward him. He wanted to feel important. hes probley loving all this! IMO

They should turn him and his 5' 7" frame loose in a room with the women in the family. With the exception of Dawn, they were all very tall and big women. (TC's sisters) No mercy...bring the hammer down Ma. :angel: IMO

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 05:47 PM
http://hutchnews.com/Publicsafety/Longoria-charged-with-murder--2

According to the complaint, Longoria, who has a lengthy criminal history, was also known as "Giero" or "Roy Gilbert Alvarez."

I hadn't picked up on this previously, but according to this article, he mailed his personal belongings before he stole the SUV:

Before stealing the vehicle, Six says Longoria went to post office and mailed many of his belongings to an address in Texas. “I believe that the defendant is in a desperate state of mind, and therefore, there’s a risk to the community if he’s released," said Six to the court.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-news-cd-longoria-court,0,6783697.story

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Bringing the map forward for the newbies.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=102769923443382065042.00048eacf7ca54ee97194&ll=38.872859,-97.667942&spn=0.065085,0.109863&z=13

Also, wanted to say I have seen a few comments about Alicia being raped. The charges were criminal sodomy, and different than rape. Just wanted to clarify as this could lead to confusion to the newbies, as with the stabbing posts.
imo

Thanks to TexLil's for her post with the description of the charges. I too had thought it should be aggrevated before figuring out the subsections.

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM

According to the complaint, Longoria, who has a lengthy criminal history, was also known as "Giero" or "Roy Gilbert Alvarez."

I hadn't picked up on this previously, but according to this article, he mailed his personal belongings before he stole the SUV:

Before stealing the vehicle, Six says Longoria went to post office and mailed many of his belongings to an address in Texas. “I believe that the defendant is in a desperate state of mind, and therefore, there’s a risk to the community if he’s released," said Six to the court.

THANKS...this is the first I saw alias names!!!

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi, is there anywhere that AL's DOB and Birth City/State is documented? I am willing to go back through the past threads and I see that by 'anyoldtime's ' post said that he was born in WY. TIA

cathdawg
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
LOL, I need a spread sheet to figure these dates out!

Criminal Hx

CRIMINAL HISTORY: Adam Longoria has served time in Texas for nine convictions: Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, sentenced to five years in 1991 in Nueces County; residential burglary, sentenced to five years in 1991 in Nueces County; burglary of a building, sentenced to five years in 1991 in Nueces County;forgery, sentenced to five years in 1991 in Nueces County; credit card abuse, sentenced to five years in 1991 in Nueces County (1991 convictions ran concurrently); credit card abuse, sentenced to two years in 1997 in Nueces County; escape, sentenced to three years in 1999 in Nueces County; evading arrest with a motor vehicle, sentenced to seven years in 2004 in Nueces County; robbery, sentenced to seven years in 2004 in Nueces County. Source: Texas Department of Criminal Justice

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 09:36 PM

Would love to know the source the Hutch has for the alias? He shows no record in Nueces County under that name, although there is an older guy (49) by that name in their system. Similarly bad dude who also has an attempted murder to his credit. Birthdate all wrong however to be AJL.

Maybe somebody he buddied up to in prison and borrowed his name at some point while he was out??

Interesting.

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Would love to know the source the Hutch has for the alias? He shows no record in Nueces County under that name, although there is an older guy (49) by that name in their system. Similarly bad dude who also has an attempted murder to his credit. Birthdate all wrong however to be AJL.

Maybe somebody he buddied up to in prison and borrowed his name at some point while he was out??

Interesting.

It says according to the complaint, so KBI must have found it somewhere. I'd sure like to see the complaint in PDF if a reporter would so dare....or a local taking a trip to the records department.

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi, is there anywhere that AL's DOB and Birth City/State is documented? I am willing to go back through the past threads and I see that by 'anyoldtime's ' post said that he was born in WY. TIA

Yes. Nueces County court records.

Sheridan Wyoming, 11/21/73

You can find AL listed with a WY town along with relatives at Intelius.com

I have not been able to find links to any of those relatives in either IL or NC. He might have been married more than once -- media hasn't mentioned much about his past -- so maybe has ax and heaven forbid kids in another state. Or brothers, or sisters, or 2nd cousins. Last name is pretty common in all those states, but have found no evidence AJL himself has lived outside of WY, TX and KS. Which isn't to say he hasn't, but media hasn't explained very well his connections to other states. Maybe was in a K-12 school in NC at one time?? Had some reason to go after them with bomb threat.

you can set up a free account to access Nueces County court records here:

http://www.co.nueces.tx.us/districtclerk/

then click on "criminal case search" in bar on the left. You have to give them your name, email and a phone number. A password is then emailed to you. Only criminal cases are available online. AJL has enough of those to keep you busy for awhile.

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 09:54 PM
It says according to the complaint, so KBI must have found it somewhere. I'd sure like to see the complaint in PDF if a reporter would so dare....or a local taking a trip to the records department.

Ditto that vote. Where have all our locals gone? Public record unless a judge ordered search warrants etc sealed. Sometimes take a few weeks however before those documents get recorded in the county clerk's office and are available to get copies of, so all of this might not yet be available.

Any decent investigative media source in the area should be all over that unless LE has nicely requested they don't share.

westsidefox64
09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Ditto that vote. Where have all our locals gone? Public record unless a judge ordered search warrants etc sealed. Sometimes take a few weeks however before those documents get recorded in the county clerk's office and are available to get copies of, so all of this might not yet be available.

Any decent investigative media source in the area should be all over that unless LE has nicely requested they don't share.

Im not really a local ...less than 2 hrs away dont mind making a trip or 2 a week if I have enough to go after!

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM

This is what really bothers me. We see photos and of course his reactions and facial expressions in a controlled surrounding. For the life of me I don't want to think very long on what that poor child may have experienced and the look she saw on his face when doing it. How absolutely terrified she must have been. Justice would be terrifying him everyday for the rest of his life....pure Hello. Maybe that white tiger at the GB zoo needs a cellmate? JMO

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Interesting.

Missed time limit to add this to my previous post on this.

I missed the PDF on the first pass thru the story.

http://hutchnews.com/www/longoria.pdf

So I guess I'm wondering where the AG found the "a.k.a. Giero, Roy Gilbert Alvarez" as in what states and counties, and does AJL also have criminal history there?

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Im not really a local ...less than 2 hrs away dont mind making a trip or 2 a week if I have enough to go after!

The complaint had to be available for the reporter to see, but
I'd call ahead of time to make sure they are not sealed. IMO, I don't think they would be, but in some cases, because it involved a minor, they will, but that's mainly if the child/children are still living. Keep us up to date!

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 11:09 PM

So I guess I'm wondering where the AG found the "a.k.a. Giero, Roy Gilbert Alvarez" as in what states and counties, and does AJL also have criminal history there?

Thanks! I missed it too along with this quote: ?? update? The paper's date is today's, with the article being dated yesterday???
I was thinking he may have flipped and just acted upon his Neandethal instincts, but this puts a whole new spin and twist to this murder. Now the why and I'm sure they (LE) know. I'm sure that tiger would be much happier on an island too. NO club, I'm willing to buy the 2 goats. One for him and one for the tiger... to sustain him till his next meal!!!:furious:

The "intentional and premeditated" killing of DeBolt "was done in commission of, or subsequent to, the crime of criminal sodomy or an attempt thereof" against DeBolt, the capital murder charge alleges.

anyoldtime48
09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks! I missed it too along with this quote: ?? update? The paper's date is today's, with the article being dated yesterday???
I was thinking he may have flipped and just acted upon his Neandethal instincts, but this puts a whole new spin and twist to this murder. Now the why and I'm sure they (LE) know. I'm sure that tiger would be much happier on an island too. NO club, I'm willing to buy the 2 goats. One for him and one for the tiger... to sustain him till his next meal!!!:furious:

The "intentional and premeditated" killing of DeBolt "was done in commission of, or subsequent to, the crime of criminal sodomy or an attempt thereof" against DeBolt, the capital murder charge alleges.

ETA: They had to of updated that article because his "alias" is not there now.

Shoot, I thought the "premeditated" was old news. Intentional -- well the sodomy was no accident, coupled with probably a ton more evidence if AG got these charges filed so quickly -- I don't see any way AJL's attorneys could fight that this was accidental death. And then covered up by trying to burn the body? Murder 1 with death penalty on the table also allows them (unfortunately) to deal this down. Only rationale I could figure for that is to save the family more pain sitting thru a trial. I'm not sure they could feel worse than they do now. Speaking only for myself, I'd want to be there and hope to see the SOB squirm. I believe he's an evil and total narcissist with no capacity whatsoever for empathy or much for any REAL human emotion.

Might however still be able to "get" plain old fear. In his case, I doubt he'd feel it until he's being wheeled to the execution chamber.

Unless they put him in with the general prison population. Now he's not only a snitch, but a baby killer. If he ever slept, it would be with one eye open, wondering when the end would come.

Far more justice than being specially/safely housed on the taxpayers' dollar for years and years while the lawyers play the appeal system.

hollyblue
09-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Maybe it is old news, but premeditated could be within a few seconds too....so I think they got it right. First time I've seen mentioned. Maybe they will plea down to LWP, if he comes clean with all the info they are wanting, and save the family more grief. I'm tired of paying for like kinds like AL. Island. Wish I had the moola to buy it and put it into effect....with an occasional hurricane to self clean the island every year or two. Blow wind blow. JMO

ETA: Here's definition of capitol murder per the link TexasLil provided. Section 4.

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_21/Article_34/21-3439.html

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 12:19 AM

Where IS this FULL interview??????

hollyblue
09-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Where IS this FULL interview??????

See last parargraph in article, it was edited. Sure would like to see the whole 20 minutes.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 12:38 AM

I added this PDF to the file I've been compiling on the case at the google docs link in my signature. Thanks for supplying the PDF!

Holly--

Yes, I want the whole 20 minutes. I want it! I want it! I want it! :banghead:

cathdawg
09-10-2010, 01:05 AM
I am going to play the Devil's advocate sort of, does anyone think as I do that Alicia possibly had a sexual relationship going on with AL? It is common knowledge that she had a relationship with a 19yr old, and I am sorry BUT I think sex was part of it. I am not here to Judge as I have Children , old now, but I can see this happening . JMO

cathdawg
09-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Good Night All.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 01:23 AM
I am going to play the Devil's advocate sort of, does anyone think as I do that Alicia possibly had a sexual relationship going on with AL? It is common knowledge that she had a relationship with a 19yr old, and I am sorry BUT I think sex was part of it. I am not here to Judge as I have Children , old now, but I can see this happening . JMO

I've found that it's a hard thing to talk about the victim's actions. I butted heads with another sleuther who disagreed with me about a victim before.

To answer your question, if we supposed that she had a sexual relationship with him, then that certainly changes the motive for the murder. Instead of him killing her after molesting her, we might then have to think that perhaps she threatened to expose the relationship if she didn't get what she wanted from him--whatever that could be in the world of speculation. So he sodomized her out of anger and killed her to keep her quiet. I don't know...

Whether she had sex with him willingly (or at least what she thought was willingly) at any point, we have to admit SOMETHING was going on between them for her to have his number, for her to think that she could text him for "rides" and for her to willingly lie to her mother that she was going somewhere with the 19 year-old when she was really going somewhere with AL.

I have to assume she was lying about the 19 year old, because he had not come up at all in this case. There's no reason to hide his identity because he's over 18. If she'd actually had correspondence with the 19 year old that night, I'm certain the police would have added him to the suspect list--especially after the things Longoria said in that KSN interview and in that KWCH interview.

What i'd like to know is how often since the girlfriend's birthday party did Alicia go out late at night and say she was with someone else and a black SUV picked her up. I'd like to know if her behavior changed at home after the night of that birthday party. Some of her friends or this 19 year old or somebody has got to know whether she had a relationship with this man.

Also, I made the assumption that TC didn't know about the texts until the monday after the disappearance. I gleaned that the mother learned that the party had been at AL house. she went over there to confront him, and THAT is how she learned that Alicia was texting AL. I assumed from that KWCH interview that the mother did not know all along that AD was texting this man. I figured that it was the girlfriend who knew all along, because in the interview, AL said that the mother said "I didn't have to worry about her texting me anymore." And for some reason, I seriously, seriously doubt that TC had EVER had a conversation with AL before that Monday.

What are y'all's thoughts on that?

Kat
09-10-2010, 01:41 AM

She may have. We have no way of knowing at this point in time.

It's not a judgment or slur against her. She was only 14 and too young legally to consent to a relationship with this man.

He was old enough to know the law (that's not a viable excuse when a man is caught either)

If there was any sort of relationship at all, then IMHO Alicia is completely innocent of any wrongdoing as well.

He may have groomed her over a period of time. It doesn't jibe that he didn't know her, or had just met her.

I think he was "working her" over, in order to pursue a relationship with her, and whether or not that relationship (I hate to call it that it's not a relationship in the classic definition) had progressed beyond him trying to groom her I don't know.

At any rate, even if she did, she doesn't bear any responsibility for what happened to her, even if she had not been murdered, she still could have very well been a victim of this man who wanted to have a sexual act with an underage child.

I don't take offense to your suggestion cathdawg. It might have been so, or might not have been so. JMHO.

hollyblue
09-10-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't think it would matter if she did. AL knew she was 14 and underage. My personal opinion, I don't think she was. I think he might have groomed her big time, money, gifts, etc to lure her in and why she kept calling him for "favors". To me, what happened on that Saturday night was "demanded reciprocation" of all the grooming he had done. imo

What I can't figure out, didn't the parents know what kind of car the 19 year old normally drove, if he picked her up on a regular basis, and since they saw the blk suv that night, did it not ring a bell it was a different vehicle? Maybe the 19 yo did not normally pick her up, but she walked to a local hang out place (the park) to meet up with friends and him. ?? I know we did this in HS where I use to live. We had the local hang outs and the normal crusin' route that was a small radius around the town.

One thing I did find interesting, is Ernie's Bar and Grill. It was Slack's Bar and Grill at one time. The girl who gave him a ride was Tanya Slack. Could be only a coincidence and may not be related to her at all, but I found it interesting.

http://www.likeme.net/places/slacks-bar-grill-great-bend

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-news-cd-debolt-suspect-found,0,325722.story

JMO

ksnurse
09-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Hollyblue - I apologize for not getting back to you regarding the map. I intended to ask my parents about the Venture plant, but due to a very unexpected & sudden death of a close friend (he was 30yo) I've not been online much. I'm just now getting caught back up on reading thru everything from the past week.

I have no idea what to think about this case anymore. I'm glad AL was finally officially charged, but I really have to wonder if he committed the crime alone? I'm just glad he is locked up and can't hurt anyone else. I couldn't believe my eyes during the latest court hearing with his attitude of annoyance with the Judge & AG.

hollyblue
09-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Hollyblue - I apologize for not getting back to you regarding the map. I intended to ask my parents about the Venture plant, but due to a very unexpected & sudden death of a close friend (he was 30yo) I've not been online much. I'm just now getting caught back up on reading thru everything from the past week.

I have no idea what to think about this case anymore. I'm glad AL was finally officially charged, but I really have to wonder if he committed the crime alone? I'm just glad he is locked up and can't hurt anyone else. I couldn't believe my eyes during the latest court hearing with his attitude of annoyance with the Judge & AG.

No problem ksnurse, I understand. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and hope the memories of all your good times lessen your grief. I lost a dear friend not too long ago---she used to borrow my cast iron skillets-- and now everytime I use them I remember her and her darling giggle and laugh, along with a few tears. ((hugs))

I don't think your the only one here that believes there may have been other's involved. I think it was him alone, but am not hearing the local buzz and do wonder why Dawn had her speculations of many perps.

anyoldtime48
09-10-2010, 02:38 AM

Oh my. Condolences on the loss of your friend. Prayers and healing light your way.

anyoldtime48
09-10-2010, 02:41 AM
In roughly 20 minutes, WA state executes a beastly killer barring any last minute stay like he got last year. If that liberal state can do it, I'm lost on why Kansas is so soft on carrying out the death penalty.

If ever a cased deserved it, this is it. Of course we must follow due process and see him convicted first.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 02:50 AM
What I can't figure out, didn't the parents know what kind of car the 19 year old normally drove, if he picked her up on a regular basis, and since they saw the blk suv that night, did it not ring a bell it was a different vehicle? Maybe the 19 yo did not normally pick her up, but she walked to a local hang out place (the park) to meet up with friends and him. ?? I know we did this in HS where I use to live. We had the local hang outs and the normal crusin' route that was a small radius around the town.

[/URL]

JMO

That's why I was asking how long an SUV like that had been picking her up. If 19 was her ex boyfriend, she might have lied and said that was his new car.

anyoldtime48
09-10-2010, 03:02 AM
She may have. We have no way of knowing at this point in time.

It's not a judgment or slur against her. She was only 14 and too young legally to consent to a relationship with this man.

He was old enough to know the law (that's not a viable excuse when a man is caught either)

If there was any sort of relationship at all, then IMHO Alicia is completely innocent of any wrongdoing as well.

He may have groomed her over a period of time. It doesn't jibe that he didn't know her, or had just met her.

I think he was "working her" over, in order to pursue a relationship with her, and whether or not that relationship (I hate to call it that it's not a relationship in the classic definition) had progressed beyond him trying to groom her I don't know.

At any rate, even if she did, she doesn't bear any responsibility for what happened to her, even if she had not been murdered, she still could have very well been a victim of this man who wanted to have a sexual act with an underage child.

I don't take offense to your suggestion cathdawg. It might have been so, or might not have been so. JMHO.

I think you hit it on the head. At least I pray she wasn't really involved with him.

The fact he stated she was "18" then "16" and then "14" does not tell me he KNEW for a fact at the moment he killed her that he was aware she was only 14. May have not been aware until after she went missing and it was all over the news. Nor does him saying that support that he ever believed she was 18, or even 16. He lies. Could have gone either way.

But I'm not going to overly speculate that she had ever "agreed" to have sex with him, because it is immaterial.

She suffered and died at the hands of a sick SOB. I don't see sodomy and murder (or murder then sodomy) followed by dumping fuel on the body and lighting it on fire as a "bad ending to a relationship" of any kind.

Maybe a sick SOB who didn't get what he wanted. Or simply a sick SOB out for a thrill killing, and here was this easy target who walked right into his trap.

I surely do wonder what the GF was thinking IF Alicia actually was calling his cell phone regularly for "rides." My guess is the calls are there. Lord, I hope all she really ever did do was call him for transport from point A to B, but I sure see a whole subculture of kids not flying on the right side of the law hanging out in his 'hood. Alcohol he admitted to -- although claiming he didn't serve any to minors among the bunch of "college" kids hanging out there to drink and play ping pong.

Yes, indeedy, I can picture AL standing at his front door checking IDs.

I seriously don't f-ing think so. All those kids aren't going to incriminate themselves for either under age drinking or the drugs that may also have been flowing. He's in jail awaiting trial on capital murder charges, so why should they ever talk?

laura08
09-10-2010, 09:58 AM

I remember in one of Alicias pictures she had what appeared to be a hickey on her neck. It seems like she had a very close realtionship with her mother, at 14 years of age many would hide that. If infact it was a hickey, Not certian it was. I think if a sexual relationship was involved between her and Adam it was because he took advantage of her and manipulated the situation. When I think of his girlfriend he had to have told her many lies and portrayed himself to be something he clearly was not. Alicia was a bright beautiful girl based on everything I have seen and could have grown up to be a doctor or laywer or anything she wanted to be. Such a shame this monster took her life.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I was considering that it could have happened kind of like AL said it did.

Maybe at his "wife's" party, he hit on AD because he thought she was 18. after exchanging numbers, he was told that she was 16 and he backed off.

Maybe AD kept calling him, because sometimes that's what teens do, especially if they think someone likes them and they aren't getting a direct no. He could have been declining to meet her, but not turning her down or changing his tone from the flirting he'd done when he thought she was of age, because he was still deciding what he was going to do.

Maybe she didn't even know he was 36. He might have told her that he was in his 20's. I mean, he hung around such young people, and who knows if AD could have figured out that he was that old. I'm the same age as AL, and people are shocked when i tell them how old I am. They usually think I'm in my 20's.

Maybe the "wife" found out that AD was just 14 after she'd seen these text messages and that's when she told AD to stop calling. At that point, the wife could have told AD what AL age was, and maybe then AD backed off on her own. Or they might not have learned her age until the night of the "party" when she disappeared. So far, it's my opinion that the mom didn' t know about AL until someone told her that it was his party. Who told her that? I'm guessing the 19 year old after the mom starting questioning him about her daughter's whereabouts. And I think the first time she met AL is when she told him, for certain, her daughter would NOT be texting him anymore.

It's a lot of speculation, but maybe during the party, his wife went to bed and wasn't interested in him, and he got an itch. He texted AD about the party or get together. He could have said the 19 year old really would pick her up. Maybe AL invited the 19 year old, but he never showed up. AL then picked her up but said the 19 year old was still at the party--even though he wasn't. Or the 19 year old could have actually been there, but left before AD got there.

What wouldn't make sense in a million years to me, is for AD to see a text from the phone number of AL and not know that it was him or someone she knew. I know that she wasn't stupid. So I doubt she would've accepted a party invite from just any phone number that texted her. I wish we could see her phone messages, but he could have texted her and said he was the 19 year old, but he was at AL house for the party, and his own phone wasn't working, just to lure her out there. Or AL could have known that she still liked her ex and lured her there by texting that the 19 year old was at the party. Who knows.

Since the neighbor says he saw AD at the party, and met her, I'm going to say that AL brought her home. Then she kept saying she had to go soon because of her curfew. If the 19 year old wasn't there as expected, then she probably REALLY wanted to go home soon. When it got a little bit later, she probably wanted to call her mom to say when she was coming, but either she didn't have her phone, or AL decided to tell her not to call because he was about to take her home anyway. Then he got her in the car and took her to the plant.

I cant imagine her horror and fear, confusion, everything else, to be trapped in his car, watching him drive her the wrong way. She probably kept telling him that he needed to take her home and she just wanted to go home. she needed to call her mom, etc. I can't imagine...

Kat
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=wasnt_me;5595434] (Snipped respectfully for space and bolded for clarity of my response.)

I [B]cant imagine her horror and fear, confusion, everything else, to be trapped in his car, watching him drive her the wrong way. She probably kept telling him that he needed to take her home and she just wanted to go home. she needed to call her mom, etc. I can't imagine

I agree. She was probably terrified. Panicking, thinking after each assault he would let her go. But he didn't.

At 14, she did not have enough life experience to anticipate what a 36 yr old felon could possibly do to her.

Even if she had had a BF who was 19 yrs old at one time. It didn't give her experience to know what a 36 yr old man would want from her, much less a 36 yr old felon.

Even if he wasn't a felon, I think it speaks to the character of an adult that wishes to engage, or flirt, or to engage in sexual activity with a young teen. But that is JMHO and yes I'm judgemental about it I admit it.

There is only one way to interpret communication between a 14 yr old child and a 36 yr old man---it's about power and control. So is rape, whether it is rape in the traditional sense or sodomy.

I ache for Alicia. She was 14, she had the world by the tail in her own mind and she was getting ready to start high school too. The world was an open book to her, to grow, to learn, to gain life experiences that make us the adults we eventually become after enough time.

It's entirely possible that she had no clue what this 36 yr old, who IMHO is probably closer to her Mom's age than her own had in mind when he spoke to her. It might not have ever occured to her that she couldn't trust this older man.

<sigh> This poor baby, she just never knew. All JMHO.

westsidefox64
09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
ok im going to quick reply because I dont know how to snip yet! :)

IMO I think if she was texting him as much as it sounds like she probley was in a (relationship) with him. I remember being 14 and thinking I was IN LOVE with an older man. Im sure he made her feel grown up. I think something had to be said or done to make him snap. Maybe she told him she was pregnant, going to tell his GF about the relationship, going to go to the police if he didnt do something she wanted???? I dont know what happened. I think he was getting sex from her and im sure it was an ego boost for him...We all know he likes attention...I think something had to have happened to make him think he was going to be publically linked to her and he knew with his past it would cause him to be put back in jail. If he thought she was pregnant thats another reason to burn her to get rid of the evidence. I hope im totally off base here! Im just glad they got the sick SOB off the streets as soon as they did. I also think someone somewhere had to know about the 2 of them...14 yr old with a grown man showing interest in her had to talk to someone!!!

cathdawg
09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmmm, I guess that it is true that another young girl has gone missing in Kansas, I just do not understand why LE isn't involved. Apparently she is mentally challenged, last seen getting into a car with a Hispanic Man and two other Girls.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Bend-Kansas/105527356148480?v=stream

ksnurse
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
The 3 girls in GB that were missing have been found safe.

cathdawg
09-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Thank you ksnurse.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
[quote]

It's entirely possible that she had no clue what this 36 yr old, who IMHO is probably closer to her Mom's age than her own had in mind when he spoke to her. It might not have ever occured to her that she couldn't trust this older man.

Yeah, You're right. He was what? 22 when she was born?

Montjoy
09-10-2010, 10:44 PM
[quote=Kat;5595601][B]

Yeah, You're right. He was what? 22 when he was born?

Probably closer to 0 when he was born.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 10:54 PM
thanks, I meant she, of course. i corrected it.

hollyblue
09-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I remember in one of Alicias pictures she had what appeared to be a hickey on her neck. It seems like she had a very close realtionship with her mother, at 14 years of age many would hide that. If infact it was a hickey, Not certian it was. I think if a sexual relationship was involved between her and Adam it was because he took advantage of her and manipulated the situation. When I think of his girlfriend he had to have told her many lies and portrayed himself to be something he clearly was not. Alicia was a bright beautiful girl based on everything I have seen and could have grown up to be a doctor or laywer or anything she wanted to be. Such a shame this monster took her life.

I get upset thinking the only thing that may have saved her in hindsight was his plane ticket to stand for the charges in the bomb threat. He'd still be NC. Alicia would be going to cheerleader practice. I'd like the press to find the answers to that.

Looking at his past charges, he really didn't spend any real time incarcerated. It was from a few days to what 18 mos.....not sure, but this last stint was for 7 yrs, and that included the time he spent while being tried. He didn't want to go back again...but I think he just couldn't control himself, nor live in the everyday world. I think he successfully BS'd the gf and that gave him more "umpf" to take on the media. Once he saw no one was buying it, he booked.

There's a reason within him for everything he did and I want to know what that entailed....because his reasoning and ours are not the same. It was just a matter of time, for him, that this would happen. Scary thing is...there are dozens more like him walking the street and it's only by Grace that me or you and your's don't cross their paths.

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 11:13 PM
how do I confirm how many registered sex offenders are in and around GB?

anyoldtime48
09-10-2010, 11:26 PM
how do I confirm how many registered sex offenders are in and around GB?

Link here.

Ignore the name and address blocks and just use city, or zip, or county.

http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/offender_registry/

wasnt_me
09-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks. I had read a comment on some board that had said there were 30 sex offenders in that area, so I wanted to verify that. I counted 28, according to the KBI website you gave.

I guess it doesn't matter because AL wasn't on the list, but that's a lot of offenders. If you take into consideration the fact that there are ones not caught running around out there and the size of the town, it's kind of incredible. But I don't know. i'd have to compare it to other cities to know for sure.

westsidefox64
09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/102662469.html

Preliminary hearing set for Nov.18
hearing for motions Oct 21

hollyblue
09-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Prosecution has plenty of time to gather all the evidence they need. Have to think LE found plenty of physical or circumstantial evidence to arrest him so fast. Now the nitty gritty forensics to put the hammer to the nail.

Was it ever clarified how she met him? At the park or thru the xbf? Found where the her father's companion is also 31 yrs of age, and was thinking because if it being a small town, she could have known AL's gf in some way. We haven't seen or heard much from her father.

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=695236&fh_id=10931&s_id=BED6F5D150502B5E057011036E569C5D (http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=695236&fh_id=10931&s_id=BED6F5D150502B5E057011036E569C5D)

anyoldtime48
09-11-2010, 04:21 PM

And for the mildly expanded version of that. Seems there is also a pre hearing before the preliminary hearing, because we can't have enough hearings before this gets to trial. Presumably so AJL's attorneys can file a motion to dismiss on some grounds that will never fly, but they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't. Or some other motions as I'm sure there is a long list of options that could be filed this early on.

Maybe the SOB will make motion to represent himself? We know he loves to talk, and isn't the brightest candle.

http://hutchnews.com/Latestlocalnews/longoriaprelim

westsidefox64
09-11-2010, 05:49 PM
And for the mildly expanded version of that. Seems there is also a pre hearing before the preliminary hearing, because we can't have enough hearings before this gets to trial. Presumably so AJL's attorneys can file a motion to dismiss on some grounds that will never fly, but they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't. Or some other motions as I'm sure there is a long list of options that could be filed this early on.

Maybe the SOB will make motion to represent himself? We know he loves to talk, and isn't the brightest candle.

http://hutchnews.com/Latestlocalnews/longoriaprelim

I dont have time to go find the link right now "im searching for a car motor as my car blew a head gasket yesterday" but I read somewhere he has 2 attorneys one who specializes in death penalty cases and someone else, Im not sure if he specializes or not? It would be just like him to fire them both just for the notoriety! IMHO

cathdawg
09-11-2010, 06:24 PM
AL's Atty's

Longoria is being represented by attorneys with the Kansas Death Penalty Defense Unit, as the murder charge carries a potential death sentence. He appeared in court with attorney Jeff Wicks, although Tim Frieden, former Reno County chief public defender, has also been assigned to represent him.

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/Longoria-charged-with-murder--2

cathdawg
09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Was AL on Alicia's FB or MS? TIA

westsidefox64
09-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Was AL on Alicia's FB or MS? TIA

As far as I can see NO. FB was made private soon after she went missing MS is very limited from what I see. I know GFs name, middle name and maiden name but not the last name shes been using so Im not sure if shes on either or not. I havent tried his alias names ...But I will

cathdawg
09-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I found the GF's brother (the one they interviewed ) but no one else.

westsidefox64
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
ok i just entered Roy Gilbert Alvarez into the FB search and just came up with a spanish page I dont understand...Help...I think its something im not meant to understand!!!

westsidefox64
09-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I found the GF's brother (the one they interviewed ) but no one else.

I have an innitial of N hope it helps

cathdawg
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
If AL came to town around May 25 th and a lady (neighbor) said he use to live across from Heizer park and use to 'party' with the teens, perhaps this is where he met Alicia. I am assuming the GF lived there as well, they did not move to the current house til Aug 1? so the GF's BD in July, must have been at the house near Heizer Park.

I wonder if the GF met AL through 'kettle of fish' or what have you, scary!

Snippet

A former neighbor of Longoria said he used to live in a house across from Heizer Park. She said he often hung out at the park with young teens, mostly boys. She said the park is a late evening gathering spot for young teens of both sexes.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/27/1465339/authorities-search-house-in-connection.html#ixzz0zGURMb4a

westsidefox64
09-11-2010, 07:58 PM
If AL came to town around May 25 th and a lady (neighbor) said he use to live across from Heizer park and use to 'party' with the teens, perhaps this is where he met Alicia. I am assuming the GF lived there as well, they did not move to the current house til Aug 1? so the GF's BD in July, must have been at the house near Heizer Park.

I wonder if the GF met AL through 'kettle of fish' or what have you, scary!

Snippet

A former neighbor of Longoria said he used to live in a house across from Heizer Park. She said he often hung out at the park with young teens, mostly boys. She said the park is a late evening gathering spot for young teens of both sexes.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/27/1465339/authorities-search-house-in-connection.html#ixzz0zGURMb4a
I think they met each other at the B_DAY party and thats when they got to know each other...poor girl didnt know enough to run the other direction. Seems to me they met soon after he moved to town. I think from what I read he got out and paroled or was off paper and went directly to the GFs in KS.

wasnt_me
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=695236&fh_id=10931&s_id=BED6F5D150502B5E057011036E569C5D (http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=695236&fh_id=10931&s_id=BED6F5D150502B5E057011036E569C5D)

I just want to know if I'm reading the obiturary right.

"Survivors include her father, Richard DeBolt and companion Alethea Ashbaugh, Great Bend; her mother, Tammy Conrad and husband Danny, Great Bend; one sister, Dawn DeBolt and wife Holly and their children Hailee and Gracie Bonham; one brother, Christopher DeBolt; two step-sisters, ..."

The part in bold. Her sister is married to another woman? I was thinking they worded it wrong, because I thought I'd read that her brother was the one who was married, but they don't list him as such. Or maybe it's right. anyone know?

Also, here's an interesting article about Six, who's apparently up for reelection and trailing in the polls.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/10/1486230/rsonally-lead-great-bend-case.html

anyoldtime48
09-11-2010, 11:14 PM

"Survivors include her father, Richard DeBolt and companion Alethea Ashbaugh, Great Bend; her mother, Tammy Conrad and husband Danny, Great Bend; one sister, Dawn DeBolt and wife Holly and their children Hailee and Gracie Bonham; one brother, Christopher DeBolt; two step-sisters, ..."

The part in bold. Her sister is married to another woman? I was thinking they worded it wrong, because I thought I'd read that her brother was the one who was married, but they don't list him as such. Or maybe it's right. anyone know?

Also, here's an interesting article about Six, who's apparently up for reelection and trailing in the polls.

Not worded "wrong" although I haven't bothered to check if same-sex "marriages" are recognized in KS.

Whatever relationship her brother was in apparently ended recently from what I recall people mentioning here, and just became a daddy? Personally I choose to not sleuth her family members beyond what is mentioned in news articles since they are victims in this, although I will never understand a 14 year old being allowed to date 19 year olds and go out with "we don't truly know who" in a vehicle at 11pm. MOO

As for Six, if he can get the job done, go for it. I'm sure he has access to a large crew of the best and brightest. Assuredly is not flying solo. I don't know any more about him that anyone else who first saw and heard him a couple weeks ago, but since this won't go to trial prior to the elections, I'm not sure those blasting him for taking this case on for political reasons have valid reason to. Granted, it will keep him somewhat in the limelight from now until November, but with preliminary hearing not until Nov 18, how much camera time will he really get on this case between now and then?

Those who didn't like him before -- I doubt many of those will change their minds. If they were going to vote for him anyway, unless there is a motion to dismiss that is granted (I will "boldly" go on record and proclaim right now that ain't happenin'!), he has probably garnered as much positive attention from this case as he could hope to get.

Not to suggest whatsoever that is behind why he is prosecuting this himself (or it could be the case), but that is a byproduct, no way around it. For now, he wears the big white hat.

I'm more concerned that this gets done right, whoever prosecutes this case. Rest is fluff. But then again, I don't live in or near Kansas, except in nightmares (that's not a Kansas put down, but reference to nasty bad tornado dream I had last night, and we don't get those here thankfully).

anyoldtime48
09-11-2010, 11:22 PM
I think they met each other at the B_DAY party and thats when they got to know each other...poor girl didnt know enough to run the other direction. Seems to me they met soon after he moved to town. I think from what I read he got out and paroled or was off paper and went directly to the GFs in KS.

For the record only, he wasn't paroled. Served this last term in full. Had AJL been paroled, you can bet there would have been a TX parole board on the firing line.

TX knew they had a bad one. I wish NC had been more on the ball, in contact with TX prison officials, had him arrested immediately upon release and extradited forthwith to NC.

Unfortunately there are just times when all negative paths cross each other and bad stuff happens. You could name a few things, that had they been done differently, Alicia would be alive and well and leading cheers this weekend. The fates conspired otherwise and allowed this sick SOB to take her from her family and friends, and a little more innocence from those of us who never knew her.

cathdawg
09-11-2010, 11:26 PM
LOL. I had the hardest time trying to figure out who's who. I think Dawn is Gay and is now married to Holly.

hollyblue
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM

If you go back to the first thread, and do a search, all the info is there re: Dawn's relationship and the family. I posted the mother's MS page which had the info and many pics of family and Alicia. Dawn's social sites had info too, but don't recall seeing either AL or the gf on AD's social sites. The brother, who I thought may have been the one in the wedding pics at the beginning-- but that's not him. His FB, had some pretty upsetting posts just prior to AD's disappearance. Now, it states he was engaged, but single again...had a lot coming at him... As far as Six, I just hope he pursues and gets justice for AD and her family. I'll leave the local politics to the locals. I've seen it happen in other cases, and the victims and the "case" get blanketed in"yuk".

imo

cathdawg
09-12-2010, 01:24 AM
We ALL come from some form of Family Dysfunction, as I did , this did not make me a 'Killer' but it did make me vulnerable, I was the last born, and taken advantage of by many, my Mom was 39 yrs old when she had me in 1955, after two other Children 7 and 9 yrs apart. My Father turned out to be an Alcoholic and died when I was 4 yrs. I must say looking back at the age of 55 yrs, this has basically haunted me all my life, My Mom never remarried nor had a live in, however had a BF that did not live at my home that 'came on to me' when I was 13 yrs, told my Mom , who did not believe it, you know same old BS) I look at Alicia's situ and think, my God what was she escaping from, Mom just remarried, youngest Child, so... much to look forward too, however there is always a 'Creep' out there that picks up on this 'sheet', they are there, just waiting......I will never criticize my Mom, but , I was scared and went against her, and if she tried to discipline me, I basically said F.U., I did not think she gave a 'sheet'. Sorry for the emotions.

hollyblue
09-12-2010, 02:03 AM
There is a comment posted by south texas guy on 8/28 @ 1:12 am, stating he knew AL from the time he was 15. It's a blog, so use your own discretion.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/24/where-is-alicia-debolt/

anyoldtime48
09-12-2010, 02:46 AM
There is a comment posted by south texas guy on 8/28 @ 1:12 am, stating he knew AL from the time he was 15. It's a blog, so use your own discretion.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/24/where-is-alicia-debolt/

Personally, there's nothing in there at all that would strike me as unthinkable. We know he's spent his adult life in and out of jail and was in a federal prison (in TX). Know he lies, and "compulsive liar" totally fits the narcissistic tendencies he has exhibited. I would have chosen the term "pathological liar" but that's pretty much the same shoe.

Know he's not the brightest, so IF the bank he robbed (bank robbery MSM confirmed) was across the street from where he lived, I'd buy that line without a second thought. Scary that AJL no doubt truly believes he is smarter than everybody and the world MUST revolve around him and his needs.

Creature ain't wired right. That's about the size of it y'all, and you don't need to be from south TX to recognize it!

wasnt_me
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
LOL. I had the hardest time trying to figure out who's who. I think Dawn is Gay and is now married to Holly.

Thanks. I didn't mean to sleuth her family or anything. Just was trying to understand the obit.

Thanks for helping to clear that up.

hollyblue
09-13-2010, 01:46 AM
New info in the case will be slow coming between now and October...so a good time to go back, revue and maybe even pick up things we may have missed in the beginning. We can hope that all the articles and videos may be availble down the line, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just my 2 cents on sleuthing the family. As with any missing person case, the normal precedure is to look at the people that have the closest relationship to them..husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, business partner, etc. In a missing child's case, someone of AD's age it makes sense to look at her peers, but it's logical to look at the family dynamics also to see if there may be factors that might have lead to a runaway. Most violent crimes are committed by someone who knew or had contact with the victim. You can look at the family without making judgement, just what the facts may point to. Especially younger children these days...and how many "disappeared" by the hands of their own mother, father or both. JMOO.

anyoldtime48
09-13-2010, 02:34 AM
New info in the case will be slow coming between now and October...so a good time to go back, revue and maybe even pick up things we may have missed in the beginning. We can hope that all the articles and videos may be availble down the line, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just my 2 cents on sleuthing the family. As with any missing person case, the normal precedure is to look at the people that have the closest relationship to them..husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, business partner, etc. In a missing child's case, someone of AD's age it makes sense to look at her peers, but it's logical to look at the family dynamics also to see if there may be factors that might have lead to a runaway. Most violent crimes are committed by someone who knew or had contact with the victim. You can look at the family without making judgement, just what the facts may point to. Especially younger children these days...and how many "disappeared" by the hands of their own mother, father or both. JMOO.

At this juncture I am all for leaving the family alone as we now know AD was not a runaway. Her family had no direct involvement in her murder. Murder charges have been filed against someone who wasn't really in their circle, except that AD appears to have been in contact with AJL, and maybe on a regular basis, which I would HOPE her family had no clue about. Even without knowing what they/we now know about AJL, kid had no business associating with him for any valid reason that we are aware of.

The facts point to somebody outside the family having committed this murder, so I'd love to give it a rest. This is a public forum, and they have plenty enough to deal with. I may not agree with the mom's decisions regarding who Alicia WAS knowingly allowed to associate with and being kept on what appears to be way too loose a rein for a 14 yr old, but if she hasn't come to that conclusion herself, then it's just continuing to beat a dead horse.

AJL is the one up on charges. Have we really missed anything? Sure. All the info that LE has. Some of which is contained in warrants -- to date none of which the media has released. They had enough to obtain Murder 1 and criminal sodomy charges against the village idiot about as quickly as can be expected without finding him standing over AD's body holding a lighter, and immediately offering up a confession.

We don't even know if they managed to smoke any DNA tests through at record speed and have those results. Might all be shoe leather and direct evidence beyond the autopsy and basic forensics that got LE to this point. Whatever it was, they had enough to press charges, and I'm sure there is still much more to float in from the labs.

Yup, sure would love to know what is in those search warrants.

hollyblue
09-13-2010, 03:36 AM
I agree it's time to back off from the family since AL's arrest. I'd just like confirmation on how she came to be at that BD party. If it was indeed thru some 19 yr old, or if the father's gf was a friend of the BD girl. I'm thinking the B's have been in that area for some time and the families may have known each other. But I guess we won't find out until much later down the road.

I'd like to see the warrants and the affidavit for them too. JMO, but AL left way too much evidence and didn't seem to care about getting rid of any of it. Guess he thought he did a good enough job, even tho he left it at his place of his employment and then steals a company vehicle. I'm beginning to think he has a touch of masochism about him along with the nonconforming traits he's shown. It truly amazes me that some one could be that non-intelligent to do that. As someone else mentioned, it's almost like it was a set up, but I think he was the only one doing it.
Strange bird. He's the one I'd really like to know the family background on. Too bad southern tx guy didn't expand a little in his comments.

westsidefox64
09-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree it's time to back off from the family since AL's arrest. I'd just like confirmation on how she came to be at that BD party. If it was indeed thru some 19 yr old, or if the father's gf was a friend of the BD girl. I'm thinking the B's have been in that area for some time and the families may have known each other. But I guess we won't find out until much later down the road.

I'd like to see the warrants and the affidavit for them too. JMO, but AL left way too much evidence and didn't seem to care about getting rid of any of it. Guess he thought he did a good enough job, even tho he left it at his place of his employment and then steals a company vehicle. I'm beginning to think he has a touch of masochism about him along with the nonconforming traits he's shown. It truly amazes me that some one could be that non-intelligent to do that. As someone else mentioned, it's almost like it was a set up, but I think he was the only one doing it.
Strange bird. He's the one I'd really like to know the family background on. Too bad southern tx guy didn't expand a little in his comments.

I agree Id like more background on AL. Im kind of suprised I havent seen more about his past other than criminal records. Ive wanted to dig deeper into it but being new to WS im not sure whats allowed for sure.
I also want to get a look at the warrants and planned on a road trip to see what I could find but my car is broke down and not sure when I will get it back.

hollyblue
09-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree Id like more background on AL. Im kind of suprised I havent seen more about his past other than criminal records. Ive wanted to dig deeper into it but being new to WS im not sure whats allowed for sure.
I also want to get a look at the warrants and planned on a road trip to see what I could find but my car is broke down and not sure when I will get it back.

That's a bummer, especially if you live in the country. Hope it has a speedy and cheap recovery. :)

From my understanding, you can post links and use intials of any relatives or friends, etc. No full names. I left a msg for southern tx guy on the blog...hoping they will answer, but it's been awhile since he posted that info re: AL. Just have to wait on see on that one. Let us know if you find anything. Gonna be kinda hard, since he's spent so much time behind bars and we don't have a personal contact for him. Hopefully the media will put some info out there.

westsidefox64
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
That's a bummer, especially if you live in the country. Hope it has a speedy and cheap recovery. :)

From my understanding, you can post links and use intials of any relatives or friends, etc. No full names. I left a msg for southern tx guy on the blog...hoping they will answer, but it's been awhile since he posted that info re: AL. Just have to wait on see on that one. Let us know if you find anything. Gonna be kinda hard, since he's spent so much time behind bars and we don't have a personal contact for him. Hopefully the media will put some info out there.

I must not be doing something right. Im not finding anything personal on AL anywhere??
Thanks for the well wishes on the car but sounds like a headgaskets out not cheap or easy :( I have an old beater to get me to town just dont take long trips with it.

anyoldtime48
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Would also love to know who he mailed the hats and pants to in TX. Clearly he still has contacts there. More info probably in the warrants, heavy sigh.

Beyond a known ex wife, and a lot of time in prison, we don't know much about his life there at all, or where he grew up. I'm wildly curious where the supposed NC and IL links to him come from? Appears to have at least a couple siblings, but they aren't people I'm interested in digging into unless one of them were the recipient of the clothing AJL mailed.

So far, only two people who claim to have known him have commented on any stories, at least as far as I can recall. Neither one had anything nice to say about him, and I doubt any who are decent, law-abiding citizens want to have any connection to AJL at all.

hollyblue
09-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Gag order issued in Alicia DeBolt murder case

GREAT BEND — A judge has issued a gag order in the case of a Great Bend man accused of killing a 14-year-old girl whose burned body was found at an asphalt plant.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/14/1492421/gag-order-issued-in-alicia-debolt.html#ixzz0zU07vu7v (http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/14/1492421/gag-order-issued-in-alicia-debolt.html#ixzz0zU07vu7v)

westsidefox64
09-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Gag order issued in Alicia DeBolt murder case

GREAT BEND — A judge has issued a gag order in the case of a Great Bend man accused of killing a 14-year-old girl whose burned body was found at an asphalt plant.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/14/1492421/gag-order-issued-in-alicia-debolt.html#ixzz0zU07vu7v (http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/14/1492421/gag-order-issued-in-alicia-debolt.html#ixzz0zU07vu7v)

Does anyone know if this seals the warrants and affidavits?
I also have another question not about the case but about WS, I was on a thread for a different case and people just put BUMP, what does this mean or do? someday ill get this sluething thing down :) Im learning alot from some wonderful people THANKS!!!

anyoldtime48
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I also have another question not about the case but about WS, I was on a thread for a different case and people just put BUMP, what does this mean or do? someday ill get this sluething thing down :) Im learning alot from some wonderful people THANKS!!!

Gag order only says attorneys, LE etc can't speak about the case outside of the courtroom. It does not seal public documents. Generally it is a different order by a judge to do that, and it is rarely done. If it has been done, has not been reported on. Means media won't get any more answers from Six or anybody else involved in this case before there is something in court that can be reported on.

Since there has been no mention of documents being sealed, presumption is they haven't been. Yet.

anyoldtime48
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Another post here from somebody claiming to have personal experience with AJL. Still nothing earth shattering.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/101685488.html?storySection=comments

Kat
09-14-2010, 12:44 PM

Bump

It moves the thread back to the first page or back to the top of the subforum that the thread is located on.

We use it to bump the thread in order to post new info and/or just to bring the thread back up so that it will be viewed again. HTH

westsidefox64
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Another post here from somebody claiming to have personal experience with AJL. Still nothing earth shattering.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/101685488.html?storySection=comments

it seems so strange to me that more people dont have anything to say about him. Not that id expect anyone to have anything good to say.

cathdawg
09-14-2010, 02:33 PM
It is strange that there isn't more feedback re AL. I wonder about the bomb threat to the school in NC, Feb 09, did he have a grudge against the principal? I will find the article as they are wondering if he was also involved with a bomb threat at walmart that closed the store down on 'black fri'.

http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/2009/feb/04/texas-man-charged-last-weeks-bomb-threats-ar-1561/

hollyblue
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Gag order only says attorneys, LE etc can't speak about the case outside of the courtroom. It does not seal public documents. Generally it is a different order by a judge to do that, and it is rarely done. If it has been done, has not been reported on. Means media won't get any more answers from Six or anybody else involved in this case before there is something in court that can be reported on.

Since there has been no mention of documents being sealed, presumption is they haven't been. Yet.

This would be the media's feast. Maybe everythings not filed yet? They have 20 days or so to actually file it. I think..not sure of time period. The media would report on it if the file was sealed because everyone, like us, is prolly wanting to know the info too. Sigh...

It is strange that there isn't more feedback re AL. I wonder about the bomb threat to the school in NC, Feb 09, did he have a grudge against the principal? I will find the article as they are wondering if he was also involved with a bomb threat at walmart that closed the store down on 'black fri'.

http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/2009/feb/04/texas-man-charged-last-weeks-bomb-threats-ar-1561/

Can't find any relatives in NC...maybe distant or on the mother's side? Possible other marriage?

Wonder how they found out about the package being mailed? Someone saw him or the person on the other end snitched?

westsidefox64
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Just found this not sure of the validity but it says AJL was fired from Venture earlier in the week for theft of company equipment.
http://socyberty.com/crime/mandatory-castration-burned-remains-identified-as-14-year-old-alicia-debolt/

cathdawg
09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Found this older news article which I had not seen.

http://www.salina.com/news/Story/Great-Bend-hearing-8-30-10-clone

The only belongings sent to Texas were two cowboy hats and a pair of pants, Longoria said, and he had a duffle bag with three pairs of underwear and a pair of pants when he was arrested

So he told the Judge this?

cathdawg
09-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Just found this not sure of the validity but it says AJL was fired from Venture earlier in the week for theft of company equipment.
http://socyberty.com/crime/mandatory-castration-burned-remains-identified-as-14-year-old-alicia-debolt/

Hmmm....so the GF thought he was still working, what do he do all day, I hate to think......

cathdawg
09-14-2010, 05:17 PM
How did AL make the calls to NC re bomb threats from Jail in TX? It would be long distance are inmates allowed calling cards? Was he incarcerated the whole 7 years or was he on supervised parol? TIA

I know it seems like a dumb question!

cathdawg
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_phone.htm

FYI , phone use for offenders in TX.

cathdawg
09-14-2010, 05:28 PM
AL in HIS requested interview states he went bowling then to dinner with 'wife' and then to the 'Club', since he wrote rubber checks to that one bar and grill perhaps the 'Club' is this place. "McGraws", IR and some friends were there and were arrested , however I can't pinpoint the exact night.

http://www.hutchnews.com/News/mcgrawsarrests

westsidefox64
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
How did AL make the calls to NC re bomb threats from Jail in TX? It would be long distance are inmates allowed calling cards? Was he incarcerated the whole 7 years or was he on supervised parol? TIA

My mom always said there are no dumb questions if they get you to where you need to be! the cell phone he used to make the bomb threats was smuggled into the prison.

http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/20...reats-ar-1561/

hollyblue
09-14-2010, 07:55 PM
AL in HIS requested interview states he went bowling then to dinner with 'wife' and then to the 'Club', since he wrote rubber checks to that one bar and grill perhaps the 'Club' is this place. "McGraws", IR and some friends were there and were arrested , however I can't pinpoint the exact night.

http://www.hutchnews.com/News/mcgrawsarrests

This sting was in August of '09. The bar is located in Hutchinson and not GB.

anyoldtime48
09-14-2010, 08:56 PM

I quit reading as soon as they claimed it was an 8-yr sentence (was 7 years, all served, less maybe 4 or 5 days).

anyoldtime48
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM

IIRC, he did not call in a threat. He called to tell them that somebody else had threatened to blow up one of the schools (or whatever said phantom person planned to blow up). Charges are for falsified report, not making bomb threat directly. Unless someone finds a story that shows I messed that up. Did some early morning re-reading (long before caffeine) and the mention of the NC charges was in there.

How on the phone indeed.

Yes, he served entire sentence inside jail. Failed to earn parole. Was given credit for time already served (meaning wasn't out on bail while awaiting trial) to get to 7 years. So sentence date is not where 7 years started counting. Was initial incarceration date on said charges.

County SID No. : 10026862
Name : LONGORIA, ADAM JOSEPH
Cause No. : 03001884 - E Age : 37
Date of Birth : 11/21/1973
Degree of Off. F2
Offense Desc. ROBBERY
Arrest Date 05/30/2003
Complaint No. 000000
Bond Req. $ 100000.00
Court Date
Fine $ 0.00
Court Cost $ 383.00
Sentencing Time 7 Years
Probation Time
Sentence Date 04/19/2004
Disposition TDC
Entry No. Comments Entry Date
0001 s:FILED by booking number 030530183139 05/30/2003
0002 s:COURT E selected from pending case 02003585 05/30/2003
0003 INDICTED 06/05/2003
0004 DESIGNEES ORDR APPT COUNSEL-A***** G***** 06/09/2003
0005 DKT CALL 7/17/03; TRIAL 07/21/03 06/09/2003
0006 ACCEPT OF APPT SIGNED BY A***** G***** REC'D 06/09/2003
0007 INDICTMENT RTND FROM THE COURT BOND SET AT $100,000 06/10/2003
0008 --- NO BOND POSTED SCV ISSUED 06/10/2003
0009 s:CAPIAS ISSUED 06/10/2003
0010 s:PRECEPT/INDICTMENT ISSUED 06/10/2003
0011 DEFTS MTN F THE APPOINTMENT/INVESTIGATOR--ORDR 88/449 06/11/2003
0012 FELONY AFFIDAVIT/COMPLAINT FILED 06/24/2003
0013 ORDR APPT P. C********* AS INVESTIGATOR F DEFT 06/17/2003
0014 PSI FILED 07/24/2003
0015 LTR TO JUDGE FROM DEFT 07/31/2003
0016 DKT CALL 09/04/03; TRIAL 09/08/03 07/31/2003
0017 LTR TO M***** K****** FROM COURT MANAGER 07/31/2003
0018 MOTIONTO SUBSTITUTE INVESTIGATOR 08/05/2003
0019 MTN FOR AUTHORIZATION OF FUNDS FOR INVESTIGATOR 08/25/2003
0020 ORDR GRANT FUNDS FOR INVESTIGATOR-1500.; CM VOL 09/03/2003
0021 ATTY FEES PD TO A***** G*****-650./WALKED APPL TO AUDITORS 09/24/2003
0022 ATTY FEES PD TO M***** K******-1000./WALKED APPL T AUDITORS 10/07/2003
0023 DKT CALL 11/13/03; TRIAL 11/17/03 10/07/2003
0024 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE 10/23/2003
0025 ORDR GRANT CONTINUANCE CM VOL 10/29/2003
0026 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE 11/13/2003
0027 MOTION TO WITHDRAW 11/13/2003
0028 MTN FOR DISCOVERY 11/14/2003
0029 MTN FOR EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE 11/14/2003
0030 MTN TO QUASH INDICTMENT 11/14/2003
0031 DEFT'S MTN TO SUPPRESS PHYSICAL EVIDENCE 11/14/2003
0032 MTN TO SUPPRESS DEFT'S STATEMENT 11/14/2003
0033 ATTY FEES PD-V****** G*******-375./WALKED APPL TO AUDITORS 11/21/2003
0034 DKT CALL 01/08/04; TRIAL 01/12/04 12/22/2003
0035 APPLICATION FOR SUBPOENA-STATE'S-INSTANTER-16 P/U BY DA'S 01/06/2004
0036 OFFICE-J. L***** 01/06/2004
0037 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE 03/25/2004
0038 DKT CALL 04/15/04; TRIAL 04/19/04 04/02/2004
0039 APPLICATION FOR SUBPOENA-STATE (1) WALKED BY L**** W/DA OFF. 04/05/2004
0040 CASE CALLED;DEFT & ATTY READY;DEFT PLEAD GUILTY;DEFT 04/19/2004
0041 SENTENCED TO 7 YRS TDCJ W/CREDIT F TIME SERVED; CONCUR W/ 04/19/2004
0042 02CR3585E;SENTENCE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF DEFT TESTIFIES 04/19/2004
0043 AS A WITNESS;CT COSTS 338; 04/19/2004
0044 ADMONISHMENTS, STIPULATIONS & TRIAL COURTS CERTIFICATION OF 04/19/2004
0045 DEFTS R/T APPEAL FILED 04/19/2004
0046 JUDGMENT (I) 04/19/2004
0047 PEN PAK WALKED OVER TO THE JAIL 05/06/2004
0048 CONSIDERED FOR PAROLE 07/19/2006

anyoldtime48
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Link on the NC charges. GB Tribune apparently doesn't bother to date their articles, and they can kiss my behind with being forced to have an account to read news. No idea when "last Thursday" was, but I believe this really was Thursday of last week (Sept 9th) since he had already been charged with murder.

"An entry in last Thursday’s logs for the Barton County Jail indicates Adam Joseph Longoria was booked into the facility on an additional charge of falsely reporting a crime in McDowell County, N.C. "

http://www.gbtribune.com/section/1/article/989/preview/

from McDowell news:

"The caller said he was anxious to get in touch with McNeilly because he was informed there was a bomb at the school, the police reports stated."

http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/2010/aug/28/man-accused-mcdowell-now-person-interest-kansas-ki-ar-353072/

Suggests he was claiming someone had told him about the bombs, which I guess is tantamount to actually making a bomb threat yourself, or a "false bomb report" as opposed to threat.

All immaterial if he gets convicted on capital murder charges.

However, per the initial story on this in Feb 2009, "Longoria has been charged with making two false bomb reports. Fineberg said the inmate still has about a year to serve in Texas. Local authorities are placing a hold on him, so, when he has completed his sentence there, he will be brought to McDowell County to face these charges."

That disturbs me no end. What in Hades happened to that hold, and why was AJL NOT immediately arrested and his hide hauled to NC to face charges? :furious:

westsidefox64
09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
New question...WHO GAVE HIM THE CELL PHONE??? I havent seen anyone charged with inner facility contraband????

anyoldtime48
09-15-2010, 12:20 AM
New question...WHO GAVE HIM THE CELL PHONE??? I havent seen anyone charged with inner facility contraband????

Never mind all the drugs and other contraband that is moved within prisons. I doubt they ever caught who gave it to him, or how it got in.

Or they were caught and charged. Not likely we'd hear about that as it's probably considered a minor offense. Now if it were a knife or gun, that would be a different story entirely.

Still, a truly stupid prisoner (insert name here) could try to use one to try to arrange escape, or heck, make a false bomb report.

hollyblue
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
She disappear Sat. night, an employee found her on Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone else think it's strange they didn't find her on Monday? If it rained hard that day would they still work at the yard?

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed before however did AL do two news interviews? This is the KSN interview, In this one, he is sitting in a chair wearing PJ pants! He states a different story about that night !

Alicia's ex-boyfriend gave me her number, which I didn't know it was, and told me to text her and tell her we were having a party and to mention who all was going to be there," Longoria said during the interview

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 01:23 PM
KWCH News : (AL's other interview with news). He states Alicia's body was found just outside of 'Dundee' at plant #5, he also states that he heard through sources that LE found her.

http://www.kwch.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=b29dd569-9a6a-4677-b5a0-d4aec4302077&cat=empty&src=front

Now in this interview he states he bowled , dinner with 'wife' then he went to the Club.

So... two different news stations and two different versions. I wish I could find the original interview for the KSN news.

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Venture Corp, two plants.

Venture Corporation but they also may find themselves in the maintenance shop, at the company’s sandpit near Dundee or lending a hand at one of their many job sites.

http://www.greatbend.org/featured_venture.cfm

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 01:43 PM
I am confused , AL states in the above interview that through outside sources that LE found Alica's body, however I could have sworn that I read that an employee found her remains on the Tues after she went missing around 4 pm., I have tried to find the links but they have disappeared, I believe this info was in an article in the GBTribune.

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Here is news link that states it was a Venture Corp employee who found alica's body.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/NationandWorld/201008260526

wasnt_me
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed before however did AL do two news interviews? This is the KSN interview, In this one, he is sitting in a chair wearing PJ pants! He states a different story about that night !

Alicia's ex-boyfriend gave me her number, which I didn't know it was, and told me to text her and tell her we were having a party and to mention who all was going to be there," Longoria said during the interview

Yeah, that's a problem I brought up before, because in his other interview, he said he didn't have a party at all, but it seems that both interviews were conducted within the same week that AD was found and his house was searched.

It seems they've never released the full KSN interview, so we don't have much details about it.

westsidefox64
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
She disappear Sat. night, an employee found her on Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone else think it's strange they didn't find her on Monday? If it rained hard that day would they still work at the yard?

I also thought it was odd. To the best of my recollection it didnt rain that week at all. I wonder if it was in a part of the plant that wasnt used daily. It didnt seem from pictures to be a very isolated spot to me.

anyoldtime48
09-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Venture Corp, two plants.

Venture Corporation but they also may find themselves in the maintenance shop, at the company’s sandpit near Dundee or lending a hand at one of their many job sites.

http://www.greatbend.org/featured_venture.cfm

Four plants actually. Maybe office is considered #1, which is how they manage to number up to 5. Or used to have 5 actual asphalt producing plants and closed one down; or multiples since they move them around? Perhaps they add a number each time they move to a new site? Never heard of asphalt plants moving around, but that is WAY the heck out of my field of expertise.

from that link, and it supports what I recall reading in news stories as well for number of plants.

"The company has four asphalt plants, which are temporary sites that move from one project to the next."

anyoldtime48
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, that's a problem I brought up before, because in his other interview, he said he didn't have a party at all, but it seems that both interviews were conducted within the same week that AD was found and his house was searched.

It seems they've never released the full KSN interview, so we don't have much details about it.

Both the same week, and one of them before the house was searched, when his name first came up? KSN stated in the opening to their interview that AJL called THEM, and that it was before he was (at least officially) named a POI as well, IIRC.

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I think I am going to go with the theory that AL did have a gathering of sorts that Eve with the 'Boys'. I have not decided as yet whether or not IR or AL picked Alicia up as both have black SUV's. The fact that AL points the finger at IR makes me think that the ex BF did in fact pick her up and took her to AL's for the 'Party' . Now having said this , there were two other Parties that Eve, the one at the Dance and then the Quin? ( Hispanic sweet 15 party in Little Mexico) All reports states that she did not pick her friend up at the Gas Station, however it was never reported that she made it to either of these two Parties. To take it further Alicia was apparently seen at Al's Garage. Why did AL change his story? I am seriously wondering if the other Boys were involved as far as the Rape and they did go to LE and told them what went down. I think perhaps Alicia told a mistruth about the Party to her Mom, most likely she said she was going to the sweet 15 with Ex Hispanic BF but went to AL's. The other part of this Mystery is the time frame, it boggles my mind. Alicia was picked up by either AL or Ex at 11 pm was to be home by Midnight. Do we know what time the Guy saw her at AL's Garage? TIA

If others are involved it would take awhile for their DNA as they are considered Juvies and have not been Criminally charged before(that we know of other than the underage drinking). Now would AL's DNA be on a Criminal data base? He has never been charged prior with any Sexual Acts so...would they would not necessarily have his on file. Hmmm..makes me wonder how they nailed him.

cathdawg
09-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Four plants actually. Maybe office is considered #1, which is how they manage to number up to 5. Or used to have 5 actual asphalt producing plants and closed one down; or multiples since they move them around? Perhaps they add a number each time they move to a new site? Never heard of asphalt plants moving around, but that is WAY the heck out of my field of expertise.

from that link, and it supports what I recall reading in news stories as well for number of plants.

"The company has four asphalt plants, which are temporary sites that move from one project to the next."

So, It has been established where her remains were found. How long time wise, would this be from AL's place to this spot? TIA

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Here we go.................."several motions to dismiss were filed"

Defense claims police violated attorney privilege, seeks dismissal in Great Bend murder case

A lawyer for a Kansas man accused of killing a teenage girl wants the case dropped, saying jail officials improperly recorded and listened to a phone call from the suspect to his attorney's office.

http://www.kwch.com/news/sns-ap-ks--kansasteenkilled,0,5963916.story

cathdawg
09-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks hollyblue and OMG. This AL is a real A hole, he tried to sue while in jail the last time. Did you hear him say during his interview with reporters when pointing the finger at the ex BF of Alicia that "he talked to his Attorney", why the H did he need an atty prior to him being named as a POI? Yes he knows the ropes, he makes me sick to my stomach. Oh well, hopefully the Gang Members in Jail will take care of any more Legal Mishaps and there will be true Justice for Alicia as it seems like he has more rights than she the Victim has.

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 01:37 AM
I think I am going to go with the theory that AL did have a gathering of sorts that Eve with the 'Boys'. I have not decided as yet whether or not IR or AL picked Alicia up as both have black SUV's. The fact that AL points the finger at IR makes me think that the ex BF did in fact pick her up and took her to AL's for the 'Party' . Now having said this , there were two other Parties that Eve, the one at the Dance and then the Quin? ( Hispanic sweet 15 party in Little Mexico) All reports states that she did not pick her friend up at the Gas Station, however it was never reported that she made it to either of these two Parties. To take it further Alicia was apparently seen at Al's Garage. Why did AL change his story? I am seriously wondering if the other Boys were involved as far as the Rape and they did go to LE and told them what went down. I think perhaps Alicia told a mistruth about the Party to her Mom, most likely she said she was going to the sweet 15 with Ex Hispanic BF but went to AL's. The other part of this Mystery is the time frame, it boggles my mind. Alicia was picked up by either AL or Ex at 11 pm was to be home by Midnight. Do we know what time the Guy saw her at AL's Garage? TIA

If others are involved it would take awhile for their DNA as they are considered Juvies and have not been Criminally charged before(that we know of other than the underage drinking). Now would AL's DNA be on a Criminal data base? He has never been charged prior with any Sexual Acts so...would they would not necessarily have his on file. Hmmm..makes me wonder how they nailed him.

Can you link to where you found that the xbf has a black SUV? TIA

Six, the AG, has stated that he doesn't plan on any other charges being made in her death. If any others were found to be a suspect in a rape of her, they would definitely have filed charges and we would know about it...juvies included.

As far as the DNA on file. I am with the thought that any person who has a felony conviction ...a DNA profile is taken. Not just a sexual offense. Unless it's just a state by state thing. If I am wrong about this....please someone speak up. Guess I should do a little research, huh? :)

AL stated that AD had NEVER been in his (wife's) SUV. If she was, which I'm sure is fact by now, they prolly found her prints, hair, clothing fibers, maybe even her dog's hair by transfer in the vehicle. His tire prints, his shoe prints, etc at the yard site, along with prints on any physical evidence he tried to hide/discard, etc.

I think AL just left to pick her up after texting or calling her with a bunch of BS about a party, and that ? and ????? were going to be there. Maybe he and gf got in a little heated discussion or she "had a headache" kind of thing. We really don't know much, but AL's statements, and I would take that with a mountain range of salt. All we have is what AD told her family, the gf, and the neighbor. He may have it right, or he may have his days mixed up also. No offense intended to this man, but to me he showed a bit of "slowness". If there was a party, we have never seen or heard it mentioned by the gf. Just that he came home dirty that evening from work and he left about 11pm to see a friend and returned around 1:30. Unless she was trying to cover for him, or they left her mentoning it out of the reporting for some reason.

ajmo

I've been going back over the media reporting, and I can't believe the amount of pics, videos, and stories that are no longer available. I have never seen this happen within such a short time period....it hasn't even been a month since the first article on her disappearance.

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Today: Sunny. Wind: N/NE 5-15. High: 95. Tonight: Clear. Wind: NE 5-10. Low: 70. Your forecast at 8 a.m. and at http://ow.ly/wP5v (http://ow.ly/wP5v) 5:51 AM Aug 21st (http://twitter.com/12RPrice/status/21742992665) via web Retweeted by kwch12 (http://twitter.com/kwch12)

cathdawg
09-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Thanks hollyblue and yes everything seems to have vanished in to thin air. I will try to find the link re black SUV (ex BF). I know that AL refers to the ex BF having a black Suv but one can't rely on what he says.

cathdawg
09-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Closest I have come to finding a links re: black SUV and 19 BF

There were reports that she was traveling in a black SUV vehicle with a 19-year-old boy, but police would not confirm those details with us.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/category/missing-persons/ and another:

DeBolt was last seen leaving her Great Bend home in a newer model small black SUV on August 21 around eleven in the evening.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-news-jb-great-bend-body-found,0,6628635.story

anyoldtime48
09-16-2010, 04:04 AM

ZERO evidence there was any gang rape, so can we kindly let that rumor go?

1 person in custody and 1 only.

AJL stated the BF or ex BF, whoever he was, drove a red Charger. Moron called it a van (no such animal in any incarnation of the Dodge Charger, 60s, 70s, 80s or current). Everything after that opening goof was pretty much BS to cover his behind, and he failed miserably at that.

That the BF picked up her up was assumed from day 1, no doubt because that is what she told her mother. But whose SUV did they serve warrant on and search? One and one only. AJL's, or more precisely, his GF's.

If LE had gone after any others in that small town, the media would have been all over them like white on rice, just like with AJL. But nobody else talking on camera except the apparently wasted next door neighbor who saw her in his garage that night. The GF's brother now and then, mostly speaking on behalf of his sister. And the girl who gave him a ride to the "plant" so he could rip off a company SUV and split town after mailing off pants and 2 cowboy hats.

If she went to any party at all, it was at AJL's. And since she never showed up at the place she was supposed to meet her friend, logic dictates was indeed AJL who picked her up, NOT the BF, or they would have gone and met/picked up that person as planned.

BF was on and off the radar screen before he was even a blip. Probably because he doesn't drive a dark SUV, at least that we know of. Says he never saw her, and cell records went straight to AJL.

Dumbarse might as well have left a 6-ft wide trail of bread crumbs to his door.

As to claims the supposed BF made about needing a lawyer? He was in trouble with the law over something else right before this, so that could have been why he was complaining about needing one.

Until, and IF charges are filed against anyone else, and the AG stated he anticipated no further charges, unless he was flat lying, there is still one and only one perp here to discuss. The one awaiting trial and in jail on $1.5 million bond.

anyoldtime48
09-16-2010, 04:16 AM

Defense claims police violated attorney privilege, seeks dismissal in Great Bend murder case

A lawyer for a Kansas man accused of killing a teenage girl wants the case dropped, saying jail officials improperly recorded and listened to a phone call from the suspect to his attorney's office.

I hope and pray jail officials did nothing remotely that stupid and risk compromising this case and this is strictly a smoke screen.

One time that gag order is more than a little bothersome.

And not even waiting for the court date for motions. Ugh.

By the way, most of the stories are still there. You just need to search "AL" or "AD" on each media site. Mucho links at each one. I think they just moved stuff, so old links are now 404.

It's a quicker way to line up all the related stories on each site.

NG I don't count. They mess up "facts" on that show left and right on almost every case. Not much beyond entertainment factor! if you like lots! of exclamation points!!! MOO

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Thanks hollyblue and yes everything seems to have vanished in to thin air. I will try to find the link re black SUV (ex BF). I know that AL refers to the ex BF having a black Suv but one can't rely on what he says.

Closest I have come to finding a links re: black SUV and 19 BF

There were reports that she was traveling in a black SUV vehicle with a 19-year-old boy, but police would not confirm those details with us.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/category/missing-persons/ and another:

DeBolt was last seen leaving her Great Bend home in a newer model small black SUV on August 21 around eleven in the evening.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-news-jb-great-bend-body-found,0,6628635.story

Per the video of AL talking about the "group/gang" and the xbf, I'm going to assume that the xbf or one of his friends, (that was involved with the shooting of the man last year and the separate underage drinking article.)
indeed drives a red Dodge of some kind. AL also, specifically made sure he mentioned the guy he was with Saturday: wanted $2,000 to get out of town, was in a gang, had a previous record....yep, he was pointing fingers and lying out his butt. I'm going to further guess he knew he was on his way to blowing town while doing the interview. He had mailed the hats/pants to TX prior, and one article states in fact days before. Did the receipient snitch (karma!) All the BS about the other parties he picked up from others he had talked to and was just trying to piece meal it together for an alibi. He stated the text of her missing was rec'd at 5-6PM on Sunday....even guys there in his garage at the time rec'd it. Per HIM, remember. He mentioned the dance with 25 people who said they saw her and they had videoed the dance. Just trying to point the finger again for LE to buy into and give him a little more get away time. I'd even bet he picked up some alibi material from the questioning he had been through with LE. Once LE showed up for the search...he knew he was in deep doo doo. Maybe whoever he sent the pkg too, or who the "freind" was he was going to go stay with because he was being stressed/aggrevated, was the one HE had actually ask for the 2K to leave town.

Along with all the physical evidence above, forgot to mention the cell/computer info they surely gathered. Ma and Dawn prolly gathered info all day and night Sunday from the friends, gave AL and gf a visit and then proceeded to point the finger, in their eyes at AL.

I think it was AL, himself, but if you think there are more involved, your intitled to your O Cathdawg. That's one of the reasons were here. ;)

AJMO...and did they find her phone?

http://www.kwch.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=b29dd569-9a6a-4677-b5a0-d4aec4302077&cat=empty&src=front

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 07:01 AM
I hope and pray jail officials did nothing remotely that stupid and risk compromising this case and this is strictly a smoke screen.

One time that gag order is more than a little bothersome.

And not even waiting for the court date for motions. Ugh.

By the way, most of the stories are still there. You just need to search "AL" or "AD" on each media site. Mucho links at each one. I think they just moved stuff, so old links are now 404.

It's a quicker way to line up all the related stories on each site.

NG I don't count. They mess up "facts" on that show left and right on almost every case. Not much beyond entertainment factor! if you like lots! of exclamation points!!! MOO

What's 404? Archives? One, I think KAKE, I only found three stories..period. Can find very few that are dated 8/26. TIA

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Snipped:

BF was on and off the radar screen before he was even a blip. Probably because he doesn't drive a dark SUV, at least that we know of. Says he never saw her, and cell records went straight to AJL..

As to claims the supposed BF made about needing a lawyer? He was in trouble with the law over something else right before this, so that could have been why he was complaining about needing one.

Until, and IF charges are filed against anyone else, and the AG stated he anticipated no further charges, unless he was flat lying, there is still one and only one perp here to discuss. The one awaiting trial and in jail on $1.5 million bond.

Seems the BF was on the radar a little more than he wanted to be, because of his past arrests of aggravated assault and underage drinking. Don't think he wanted to talk too well until they put the grips to him. I think he was talking about a lawyer in this case because it was used in context with his other posts of AD, her family and LE thinking he was involved. He didn't post from the 21st to the 24th, so they may have taken his phone... that he used to post to his FB. JMO, but unless this one gets a head up, I see him continuing to get himself in trouble. One thing, he certainly likes to post pics of himself and the latest of his bad$rse tattoos. LOL

The case and investigation is on going, so I'm not going to say others won't or can't be charged for anything. Obstruction of justice is only one possiblity. imo

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=858895301&v=wall

anyoldtime48
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
What's 404? Archives? One, I think KAKE, I only found three stories..period. Can find very few that are dated 8/26. TIA

404 = "file missing" mean moved elsewhere on the server and not properly linked any longer. Or deleted.

I never paid attention much to KAKE as their "stories" were mostly pitiful 3 or 4 short paragraphs while other outlets, Hutch in particular, have done some legwork and written some real stories. Friggin' comment sections are longer. MOO

So I have no idea what is missing from their site.

GB Trib was different animal. A lot of those went 404 because they switched to an entirely different "new look"/web site in the middle of this, and apparently did not bring all those old stories over. Or made them accessible only with account.

There's more than a full page of links to stories on AL at kansas.com with a search on their site. More than 2 full pages when you search AD (obviously some of those stories will come up on both searches).

KSN has 9 related to "AL". Get more hits in the correct one (not the ballplayer) by putting in quotes. Roughly 17 when doing the same with "AD."

Hutch brings up oodles when you search "AD" via their internal Google search.

KWCH comes up with about 14 searching "AD."

KCTV5 hits on 8. Not a site I've looked at much either since it seems to use AP stories mostly and is KC, so far less "local."

Did I miss any major players? What stories specifically are you looking for? TIA

hollyblue
09-16-2010, 05:47 PM
AOT, Nothing in particular. Just going down my list and rehashing and comparing stories. I now call Six's PC's blue tie, striped tie and purple tie...to keep myself straight about which PC it is referring too. Just noticed that some stuff was missing. I bookmarked their search page results and a few had diminished.
I deleted the Trib from my list for searches as soon as they went pay per view; although I felt bad that NG came down pretty hard on Dale Hogg on her show. He must not have given her the "inside scoop" she was looking for; hence, the coverage of AD's case on her show has been sparse. OT: Some of her regular talking heads I like to hear their opinions, especiallly Klaus, Brown and the forensic psychologist/lawyer Russell something. I can never remember his last name....but like his insights. Can't forget Dr. Perper either....think his accent is cute! :) lol I never believed in the theory of "keep your enemies closer" IE: Ron Cummings----and this reminded me why. If he would have stayed away from her, he might not have landed his can in the can. Enough OT.

anyoldtime48
09-16-2010, 10:07 PM
AOT, Nothing in particular. Just going down my list and rehashing and comparing stories. I now call Six's PC's blue tie, striped tie and purple tie...to keep myself straight about which PC it is referring too. Just noticed that some stuff was missing. I bookmarked their search page results and a few had diminished.
I deleted the Trib from my list for searches as soon as they went pay per view; although I felt bad that NG came down pretty hard on Dale Hogg on her show. He must not have given her the "inside scoop" she was looking for; hence, the coverage of AD's case on her show has been sparse. OT: Some of her regular talking heads I like to hear their opinions, especiallly Klaus, Brown and the forensic psychologist/lawyer Russell something. I can never remember his last name....but like his insights. Can't forget Dr. Perper either....think his accent is cute! :) lol I never believed in the theory of "keep your enemies closer" IE: Ron Cummings----and this reminded me why. If he would have stayed away from her, he might not have landed his can in the can. Enough OT.

Methinks the bookmarks are what gets you in trouble. Great until the weasels move a story and "poof!" looks like no more story as link no longer works. Seems to have been plenty of that on this one. I don't think any stories were deliberately axed, just some got lost in the shuffle, or the link changed when a story was merely updated and for unknown reasons moved to new location on the server (my personal favorite). Lots of web sites, and huge variety in how much they really covered a "story" or if they just pulled from AP.

Why I gave up and just went to their search engines. Voila! all related stories there to pick from. Almost like a candy store.

I like some of NG's guests now and then too, but have seen SO much mistaken info being tossed about that I pretty much leave them in the "talk show" category. Good insights, but to be taken with a grain of salt. The graphics do drive me over the edge though. Not everything is a bombshell :shocked2:OMG:shocked2: moment!

Her heart is in the right place however, so I can watch after 2 or more glasses of vino. But that's just me.

Guess Six does wear ties, huh.

westsidefox64
09-16-2010, 11:38 PM

I woke up this morning at 5am rolled over and turned on the tv and staring me in the eye was AJL and this story on the local news. I got up turned on the computer and couldnt find a link. was hoping I was having a bad dream...no such luck! Hubby got up and wanted to go to the casino so I kind of forgot it for the day. Came home to reality...This SOB is gonna pull every string in the book isnt he!!!

hollyblue
09-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Prosecutors oppose Kan. suspect's move to dismiss

The Kansas Attorney General's office filed a response Thursday arguing the routine recording of the phone call was not an effort to learn defense strategy and such an extreme remedy is unwarranted. Prosecutors noted recordings have since been stopped

http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=13168960

wasnt_me
09-17-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't understand why they stopped the recordings if it's routine.

westsidefox64
09-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't understand why they stopped the recordings if it's routine.

im not sure where to go to find the proof so if anyone can help with that id appriciate it,also if this is against TOS please delete it.
I believe that its routine to record the phone conversations of prisoners but recording the calls between them and thier lawyers goes against attorney client privalage.

anyoldtime48
09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
im not sure where to go to find the proof so if anyone can help with that id appriciate it,also if this is against TOS please delete it.
I believe that its routine to record the phone conversations of prisoners but recording the calls between them and thier lawyers goes against attorney client privalage.

Bingo on the ones with attorneys being privileged. The fact they are stating they have since "stopped" recording suggests to me they indeed knew it was wrong. And perhaps had never been called on it before?

Routine to record conversations from prisons perhaps, but ones between client and attorney are a no-no.

I'm not real clear on what it is you're looking for proof on? If they did indeed record it? Don't think there will be anything to back that up until AJL's attorneys walk into court and make motions for dismissal (etc) and offer up said proof their phone calls were indeed recorded.

Hadn't expected to read this much news on it given the gag order, but I guess the AG's office was allowed a two-sentence response.

Makes me nervous that prison officials "may" have messed this one up.

Even if merely an honest mistake, could be a costly one.

hollyblue
09-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Bingo on the ones with attorneys being privileged. The fact they are stating they have since "stopped" recording suggests to me they indeed knew it was wrong. And perhaps had never been called on it before?

Routine to record conversations from prisons perhaps, but ones between client and attorney are a no-no.

I'm not real clear on what it is you're looking for proof on? If they did indeed record it? Don't think there will be anything to back that up until AJL's attorneys walk into court and make motions for dismissal (etc) and offer up said proof their phone calls were indeed recorded.

Hadn't expected to read this much news on it given the gag order, but I guess the AG's office was allowed a two-sentence response.

BBM

I'm guessing they got the info from the court docs since they said the AG had filed a response.

westsidefox64
09-17-2010, 07:34 PM

I just didnt know if I had to post a link to proof of attorney client privilage. Im still learning the rules of WS :)

anyoldtime48
09-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I just didnt know if I had to post a link to proof of attorney client privilage. Im still learning the rules of WS :)

Should be perfectly fine if related to fact finding.

A couple links on the subject. After reading them, perhaps the reason further recording was stopped is a possible glitch in that facility's auto recording system. Might not be filtering attorney phone numbers the way it is supposed to and some calls slipped through?

this article is pretty much right on topic:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09297/1008072-455.stm

Question might simply come down to prisoners being made aware that all calls are, or may be monitored, and by ignoring that warning, they waive the right to attorney-client privilege if they choose to continue.

A whole bunch on the subject in general.

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/attorney-client-privilege

I suspect this tactic is attempted much more often than the public is aware of. Seems to have come into question in many jurisdictions.

Smart prisoner would keep their mouth shut. Talk only to their attorney(s) and only in a private setting where there is no chance of it being recorded.

"Courts have consistently ruled that the recorded message at the beginning of inmates' calls is adequate warning."

http://www.totalcriminaldefense.com/news/articles/criminal-evidence/incriminating-jail-cell-phone-calls.aspx

Kimmer
09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
I noticed in the motion to dismiss that AL Attorney said that he either wanted the case dismissed or the death penalty off the table...Seems to me this Attorney is well aware that this will in no way be enough to dismiss the case but he is at least hoping that the AG won't seek the death penalty....And the AG has to my knowledge not even said he was seeking the ultimate punishment (death).

hollyblue
09-17-2010, 11:46 PM
I noticed in the motion to dismiss that AL Attorney said that he either wanted the case dismissed or the death penalty off the table...Seems to me this Attorney is well aware that this will in no way be enough to dismiss the case but he is at least hoping that the AG won't seek the death penalty....And the AG has to my knowledge not even said he was seeking the ultimate punishment (death).

Yep, it tells me the defense has no defense and has heard rumors of the evidence against AL. Just trying to agrue what little he has in doing his job.

Personally, I think prosecutors should consult with the family whether or not the death penalty should come in to play and I don't agree with the proscecution having access to attorney/client info. But, I''m not a practicing attorney and therefore don't have the real knowledge of how the system really works within itself. AJMO

LaLaw2000
09-18-2010, 06:50 AM
AL has been around jails/prisons long enough to know that every inmate phone call out is recorded. He has also been around this particular jail long enough to know that if he were to want a private conversation with his attorney, all he had to do was ask the attorney to come see him at the jail. AND any attorney knows that an inmate shouldn't talk about his/her case on the jail phone.

Attorney/inmate mail is not opened. It is recorded that inmate so and so got legal mail, and the inmate has to sign for it.

There is absolutely no expectation of privacy in a jail or prison, and I am sick of hearing inmates whine about it. JMO

hollyblue
09-18-2010, 07:44 AM
AL has been around jails/prisons long enough to know that every inmate phone call out is recorded. He has also been around this particular jail long enough to know that if he were to want a private conversation with his attorney, all he had to do was ask the attorney to come see him at the jail. AND any attorney knows that an inmate shouldn't talk about his/her case on the jail phone.

Attorney/inmate mail is not opened. It is recorded that inmate so and so got legal mail, and the inmate has to sign for it.

There is absolutely no expectation of privacy in a jail or prison, and I am sick of hearing inmates whine about it. JMO

Do you think this is just another dummkopf action of his, or a deliberate move for the defense to throw at the wall?

After taking a little glance on the internet, this seems to be an area of interest and debate in the legal circles now days. Agree that nothing should be so urgent as to talk about the minute details of the case over the phone.

And allthough very enlightening, trying the case in the public seems to take on a reality show mentality and works very well for the defense...it seems to me anyway. JMO

LaLaw2000
09-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Do you think this is just another dummkopf action of his, or a deliberate move for the defense to throw at the wall?

After taking a little glance on the internet, this seems to be an area of interest and debate in the legal circles now days. Agree that nothing should be so urgent as to talk about the minute details of the case over the phone.

And allthough very enlightening, trying the case in the public seems to take on a reality show mentality and works very well for the defense...it seems to me anyway. JMO

Yes, I do. The defense really does not have a good defense, IMO. I honestly do not think the jail; did anything wrong at all. At most jails, the inmate jail phones are just automatically set up to record the calls. This is for security purposes.

All AL would have to do is send out an inmate request form stating he wanted to call his lawyer. He would be taken to an area where there would be a a landline phone, the officer would dial the number, then the inmate would be given privacy IF the call were to be to his attorney. JMO

Portabella
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
In jail the inmate can call his attorney privately, we shackle them to the wall and step out only watching them on monitor, all other calls go through the inmate pay phone system. But they do have a right to legal calls on the desk phone. The legal mail was opened by us at the jail level as well as at prison level, I worked both. However we could at no time read it, it was opened in the presence of the inmate, and we checked it for staples and paper clips then put it back in envelope and gave it to them. During a shakedown we could not read legal mail, however a big inmate game is to take a file folder or giant manilla envelope and label it as legal. I would go in, just flip through in search of contraband and then place back in the envelope. (Most all shakes are done in the presence of the inmates). Legal is a real pain in the backside....its a loophole and a fine line, but they will manipulate that rule and use it obviously, look what happened here.

westsidefox64
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
In jail the inmate can call his attorney privately, we shackle them to the wall and step out only watching them on monitor, all other calls go through the inmate pay phone system. But they do have a right to legal calls on the desk phone. The legal mail was opened by us at the jail level as well as at prison level, I worked both. However we could at no time read it, it was opened in the presence of the inmate, and we checked it for staples and paper clips then put it back in envelope and gave it to them. During a shakedown we could not read legal mail, however a big inmate game is to take a file folder or giant manilla envelope and label it as legal. I would go in, just flip through in search of contraband and then place back in the envelope. (Most all shakes are done in the presence of the inmates). Legal is a real pain in the backside....its a loophole and a fine line, but they will manipulate that rule and use it obviously, look what happened here.

Just to get this straight in my mind...If the inmate used the inmate pay phone system to call his lawyer it would be his fault it was recorded but if he used the desk phone and it was recorded it would be the jails fault ?

westsidefox64
09-20-2010, 06:21 PM
I have a couple questions I hope can be answered. #1 I read something someone said came from Great Bend Tribune that I wanted to post but when I went there I have to pay for a subscription to access the site so can I post what I read and just say it came from there? #2 (not sure how to word this so I hope everyone understands me) With Six being the prosecuting attorney, can AJL come back and say his case about recording phone calls wasnt looked at like they should have been and have a case that would stand up in court? (hope that makes sense)

hollyblue
09-21-2010, 03:23 AM
I have a couple questions I hope can be answered. #1 I read something someone said came from Great Bend Tribune that I wanted to post but when I went there I have to pay for a subscription to access the site so can I post what I read and just say it came from there? #2 (not sure how to word this so I hope everyone understands me) With Six being the prosecuting attorney, can AJL come back and say his case about recording phone calls wasnt looked at like they should have been and have a case that would stand up in court? (hope that makes sense)

You might ask Salem or one of the mods...telling her the Trib went subscripton only ....days after this story broke. I'd try keying in main words you remember from the comments along with GB, and Tribune and see if you get anything. You may just get the subscriber page to the Trib again, but I'd try. Good luck.

I've seen some papers have exclusive articles in the printed edition and a short story saying just that in the OL version. That really reeks...especially if you don't live in the area or have any locals posting here. We had someone local on Rachael Anderson's case, that would post a recap of the articles. Invaluable.

Portabella
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I have no idea when push comes to shove. I just know Policy and Procedure was if an inmate put in for a legal call we would escort them, shackle them, dial for them and be sure attorney was available, then put them on and step out to monitor with no sound. The dayroom phones were for their use to call family, friends, etc.... those were the ones that were taped. And to be totally honest we did not listen to each and every one of them, not enough hours in the day. But we had them if we got a tip, and monitored them on a random basis.

Now in Prison again they would put in for legal call, either the Shift Commander would allow it from their office or a Case Manager. They could phone their attorney if they were on their calling list and if they had the CIPS to pay for the call. But again, if it was legal, we would realize it within less than fifteen seconds and back out. We also would allow clergy calls at times and calls in case of verifiable emergency.

cathdawg
09-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Adam Longoria has been transferred to Segwick County Jail in Wichita.

https://ssc.sedgwickcounty.org/sheriffinmates/SheriffInmateSearch.aspx

So it looks like he was transferred to this Jail Sept 10 th. No Bond!

10J022887 9/10/2010 999 HOLD FOR BARTON COUNTY ACTIVE CHARGE HOLD $0.00 NO BOND

cathdawg
09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I wonder if he was transferred for protection reasons and/ or the recorded phone call fiasco.

cathdawg
09-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Updated news on phone call recording.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/22/1505056/ag-six-recording-of-great-bend.html

Hmmmmm

The defense had also requested the court take protective measures to guard Longoria "against the corrosive effect on snitch testimony," according to court documents. The defense motion asked that any testimony from jail informants be heavily scrutinized and that efforts be taken to ensure no jailhouse informants "are created in this case to manufacture evidence for the state."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/22/1505056/ag-six-recording-of-great-bend.html#ixzz10MpQWMs5

westsidefox64
09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I wonder if he was transferred for protection reasons and/ or the recorded phone call fiasco.

JMO I would assume its for security reasons.

cathdawg
09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Lots of motions! STATE OF KANSAS VERSUS ADAM JOSEPH LONGORIA

http://www.kscourts.org/State-v-longoria/default.asp

westsidefox64
09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
http://www.
Six, in his response, said in order for there to have been a constitutional violation under the Fifth Amendment, "the intrusion into the attorney-client relationship must be outrageous enough to shock the conscience of the court."

Six notes a constitutional violation is triggered when the state "becomes privy to confidential communications due to purposeful intrusion" into the attorney-client privilege relationship.

He doesn't dispute the call was recorded but said the "substance of the call" was Longoria's request to a staff member in his attorney's office that his attorney, Jeffrey Wicks, come to the jail to meet with him.

He also argued recording the call was a mistake and not purposeful, as the Barton County Sheriff's Office routinely monitors inmate phone calls and "steps were put into place to allow the defendant to make unrecorded calls to his attorney."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/22/1505056/ag-six-recording-of-great-bend.html#ixzz10Mu9xgOo

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/22/1505056/ag-six-recording-of-great-bend.html#ixzz10Mtpgdf3kansas.com/2010/09/22/1505056/ag-six-recording-of-great-bend.html

hollyblue
09-23-2010, 12:29 PM

Tons of motions. I'll come back a little later to read them all, but I did notice his attorney made a motion for no cameras in courtroom. :(. I hope that doesn't fly!

How did you find out about the transfer? Just sleuthing or is it mentioned somewhere? TIA Nice find CD.

cathdawg
09-23-2010, 12:43 PM
hollyblue: found a post on GB Topix and then checked it out to see if it was true.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/great-bend-ks/TFENT637IREIBQ630/p3

Post # 53 by 'saddened'

hollyblue
09-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Adam Longoria has been transferred to Segwick County Jail in Wichita.

https://ssc.sedgwickcounty.org/sheriffinmates/SheriffInmateSearch.aspx

So it looks like he was transferred to this Jail Sept 10 th. No Bond!

10J022887 9/10/2010 999 HOLD FOR BARTON COUNTY ACTIVE CHARGE HOLD $0.00 NO BOND

Wanted to show the info on cameras being in the courtroom.

http://www.kscourts.org/rules/Rule-Info.asp?r1=Media+Coverage+of+Judicial+Proceedings&r2=318

Is anyone else experiencing probs with their computer on this site? It takes forever to refresh just to bring up the quote button!!!!!!!!!! Geez.

THANKS FOR INFO CD!

cathdawg
09-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I am also experiencing probs with this site. Thought it was my computer as I have on so..many questionable sites.

FYI and maybe this has been posted before. Initial complaint re: stolen vehicle (Venture Corp) Aug 27, 2010

http://www.kscourts.org/State-v-longoria/20100827-Initial-Charges.pdf

anyoldtime48
09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
There was a message at top of all pages a week or so ago about a new server going in shortly, so hopefully it will help speed things up a little. On intermittent overload from heavy activity.

hollyblue
09-24-2010, 01:52 AM
The journal entry on Aug. 30th states he is married!!! Is this just misinformation from the gf scenario or is he still married to a previous in TX? This needs some clarification for court docs! Don't even want to think the gf would have. Oh my.

hollyblue
09-24-2010, 03:11 AM

Wow! Just Wow! As stated previously, I'm not familiar with court proceedings and this is just a vessel of infomation for me and very interesting.

One of the sargents in LE at the jail told Wicks (AL's attorney) that the conversation between AL and his office had been recorded and listened to. It also states that Wicks was informed the defendent did not wish to meet with him after the hearing that day, but Wick's office had sent msg to him saying AL had called and requested his presence. This was in the motion to dismiss attorney/client privledge. #15, on page 2.

Help! Does anyone know how to cc data from pdf to bring it here, and could you p l e a s e advise???? Thanks.

hollyblue
09-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Here's what I gleaned:

1. Cameras will be allowed. 1 Video and 1 stationery.

2. Defense wants AL to be able to wear street attire, not his prison onesies. :) Wonder if he'll be needing the pr of jeans he mailed? Doubt the cowboy hats will come into play, don't you? If he comes to court in a suit and tie, I'm going to faint from laughter. Seems he would feel most comfortable in state provided clothing as he's spent most of his life in them. ?

3. Defense asking for no restraints in the courtroom. How absurd since this guy has escaped before! State agrees to no shackles or handcuffs, but wants either stun belt or extra officers in the courtroom, because THEY ARE SEEKING THE DEATH PENALTY.

4. Defense wants the witnesses to be separated. ie: they can't talk to each other about the case and compare notes. GF can't call Dawn, Mom or vice versa. I would take that to mean certain members of the press also. State has not filed a response.

5. The problem I see now and down the road is going to be evidence. The statements in the Defense's motion were a little over the top, and some, as the State pointed out...moot at this point. But, I do see a possible problem later on down the road in arguments re: evidence that may be consumed..all used up because of the small amount of it. This could delay the proceedings for a very long time. Have seen it in other cases and then you get the expert witnesses, the defenses own forensics in there and it goes on forever.

JMO

hollyblue
09-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Just a note of caution. If you have a long post to make or you just don't want to go back and repeat it again because it was "lost in the sauce" while attempting to reply, copy your reply before hitting that submit button!!!

It just took more than 10 minutes for my above reply to post. Just sayin...

LaLaw2000
09-24-2010, 07:48 AM

Must be different regulations in different states, IMO. I have worked with parish, DOC, and Federal Inmates, and we have never opened the legal mail. It is recorded (in the Golden Eagle Inmate System), then placed in a ledger book where it is given to the inmate and is signed off on by the inmate. The inmate then opens his legal mail in the presence of the officer and shakes it out so that the officer can see that there is no contraband in it.

As for the phone calls to a lawyer; I agree that the shift commander can let the inmate call from an office with a window if there is time and does not disrupt the jail/correctional center routine.

I should have prefaced my comments with 'this is how it is done in Louisiana'!

westsidefox64
09-24-2010, 12:03 PM
The journal entry on Aug. 30th states he is married!!! Is this just misinformation from the gf scenario or is he still married to a previous in TX? This needs some clarification for court docs! Don't even want to think the gf would have. Oh my.

I saw that too. From everything ive been able to find he is divorced.

anyoldtime48
09-24-2010, 01:13 PM

Huh? What "journal entry" where please, and are you referring to AJL being married?

TIA