PDA

View Full Version : OH - Sierra Amber Nicole Holley, 6yo, North College Hill, 4 Oct 2010

hollye
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Police: 6-year-old abducted from North College Hill Elementary

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/6-year-old-abducted-from-north-college-hill-elementary-

NORTH COLLEGE HILL, Ohio - Cincinnati police are investigating what may be an abduction at a North College Hill school on Monday.

Police say a 6-year-old girl was possibly abducted by a woman at North College Hill Elementary on Grace Avenue around 9 a.m.

The woman who allegedly took the girl is described wearing a reddish/orange wig and a white jacket. The little girl is wearing a white puffy jacket.

The school did not recognize the woman as either a parent or family member.

No other information is available at this time.

Kimberlyd125
10-04-2010, 11:37 AM
OMG I hope there this is not an abduction.
Praying for this little girl.

ETA: If people from the school saw this woman and did not recognize her, I wonder why she was allowed to leave with the child.

hollye
10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.local12.com/media/lib/6/4/8/c/48c6b76e-af3c-4ca3-b334-c81268b0e26f/Story.jpg

Six Year Old Girl Abducted by Mother From School

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Six-Year-Old-Girl-Abducted-by-Mother-From-School/On4KwhObDkO6hD1tVcx9qw.cspx

Police are searching for a six year old girl who was taken from North College Hill Elementary this morning by her biological mother, who does not have custody.

Police say Sierra Amber Nicole Holley, a first grader, was dropped off at the school on Grace Avenue just before 9 a.m. by her stepfather, who has custody of her. Sierra, who is mildly autistic, made it into class. But police say her mother, who does not have custody, went into the classroom and gave a fake story about needing to remove the girl from class. The teacher allowed the girl to leave with her mother.

Police say they have not issued an Amber Alert because they do not believe Sierra is in any danger and this is an ongoing custody issue. Officers believe Sierra and her mother are headed to Alabama, but they do not have a description of the vehicle in which the two were riding.

Sierra was last seen wearing a navy blue skirt and light blue shirt with cream colored leggings with purple and blue hearts and a white nylon vest with brown fur trim on the hood. The girls mother, Angela D. Holley, is in her 30's, is very thin, and was wearing reddish-orange colored wig and a grey and tan jacket.

There is security video inside the school and police are hoping to get an image of the mother to release to the public soon.

Meanwhile, if you see Sierra, call 911.

Kimberlyd125
10-04-2010, 11:40 AM
That explains it hollye.

At least there are cameras at the school.

But the fact they do not know what type of car she was driving, makes it hard to find her quick. They could be anywhere.

Praying she is found soon.

hollye
10-04-2010, 11:42 AM
http://www.wlwt.com/2010/1004/25271381_640X478.jpg

Girl Taken From North College Hill School
Non-Custodial Mother Suspect In Case

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25270092/detail.html

Dispatchers said a black woman in a red wig took Sierra Amber Nicole Holley, 6, from the school without permission as students milled around before school started. Police said the girl's teacher saw the woman leaving with the girl and tried to stop her.

Police said they think the mother, Angela D. Holley, is on her way back to Alabama with the girl, who is autistic.

lillygator
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
which story about the teacher is correct? If she let her leave I hope they are holding her feet to the fire.

Kimberlyd125
10-04-2010, 03:17 PM
which story about the teacher is correct? If she let her leave I hope they are holding her feet to the fire.

That's what I'm wondering. Did the mother go to the teacher and the teacher let her take the little girl? Or did the mother take her from a group of kids before class started???

I hope to hear more soon and I pray she is found safe very quickly.

jessicat
10-04-2010, 03:20 PM
You see this is what makes me angry..no amber alert issued because its a custodial case. Well Gabriel Johnson is a custodial case too and he is still missing and no amber alert there either. Why can't an alert just be issued when any child goes missing? It's better to be safe than sorry in my opinion. I hope she is found soon.

MsFacetious
10-04-2010, 04:27 PM
The STEPfather has custody of the child??? Where is her father? Her Grandparents? Her Aunt and Uncles? How often does a step parent get custody??? Wow.

Maybe it is two different teachers...one who let her leave and another who tried to stop her.

An Amber Alert cannot be issued in every case because many people already don't take them seriously. With Amber Alerts being issues for unidentified children who could have possibly been abducted.

Kimberlyd125
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
You see this is what makes me angry..no amber alert issued because its a custodial case. Well Gabriel Johnson is a custodial case too and he is still missing and no amber alert there either. Why can't an alert just be issued when any child goes missing? It's better to be safe than sorry in my opinion. I hope she is found soon.

I thought the reason they didn't issue an Amber Alert was because they have no idea what kind of car she was driving.

Kat
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.wlwt.com/r/25270092/detail.html

POSTED: 9:07 am EDT October 4, 2010
UPDATED: 4:31 pm EDT October 4, 2010

Amber Alert Issued For Girl Taken From NCH School
Non-Custodial Mother Suspect In Case

Article at link above.

Pictures of non custodial Mother in wig at school, and a picture without wig.
http://www.wlwt.com/slideshow/news/25274801/detail.html

Kat
10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Police: 6-year-old abducted from North College Hill Elementary

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/6-year-old-abducted-from-north-college-hill-elementary-

Video in OP's link says that the stepfather has custody. That Mother has been trying to regain custody but can't (reason unstated). LE says that custodial father is not worried about welfare of child at this time. It is believed that Mom came and got her without going through legal channels. (NOTE: I read an article upthread that says Mom has done this before and Step-Dad had to go and retrieve Sierra and bring her back home).

The ruse used by Mom at school was to tell teacher that she and Sierra were going to front office to speak to Sierra's Dad. (quick exchange shown in the video linked above that I quoted).

Of all of our missing children, I am concerned for Sierra of course, but from what I've read so far, she might be safe with the non custodial Mom. Hopefully she is. Hopefully, they will find her soon and return her to Custodial Step-Dad.

I'm curious to know why Mom can't regain custody? Odd.

Coldpizza
10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
This woman has done this before according to the article above. Wonder why she doesn't have custody number one? And the Stepfather has had custody 5 out of 6 years of Sierra Amber Nicole. That is odd for a step parent to have custody but there must be a very good reason.
Also mentions that she is Autistic. Why wasn't she being watched more closely? She is either in K or first grade or in special classes depending on how advanced her Autism is.

I also noticed in the slide show in pic 2 and 3 there is a little boy going away from them in the hallway. To me it appears he is running as his right knee seems higher that it would be if he was walking. But that could just be me. The next shot he turns right into a classroom door. Wonder if he saw something or was frightened?

Also, the hallway besides that is empty. Did she abduct her from the classroom? And if so, what was the teacher thinking? Was the teacher threatened? Why did she let her go?

Just what I observed so far...IMO

Coldpizza
10-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks Kat you were posting when I was so you answered a few questions for me.

Kat
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
This woman has done this before according to the article above. Wonder why she doesn't have custody number one? And the Stepfather has had custody 5 out of 6 years of Sierra Amber Nicole. That is odd for a step parent to have custody but there must be a very good reason.
Also mentions that she is Autistic. Why wasn't she being watched more closely? She is either in K or first grade or in special classes depending on how advanced her Autism is.

I also noticed in the slide show in pic 2 and 3 there is a little boy going away from them in the hallway. To me it appears he is running as his right knee seems higher that it would be if he was walking. But that could just be me. The next shot he turns right into a classroom door. Wonder if he saw something or was frightened?

Also, the hallway besides that is empty. Did she abduct her from the classroom? And if so, what was the teacher thinking? Was the teacher threatened? Why did she let her go?

Just what I observed so far...IMO

This doesn't answer any of your questions coldpizza but in the article it says she was taken prior to school starting. Maybe little man you saw was running around the hall and decided to skedaddle into his classroom?

Maybe, maybe not.

Coldpizza
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
This doesn't answer any of your questions coldpizza but in the article it says she was taken prior to school starting. Maybe little man you saw was running around the hall and decided to skedaddle into his classroom?

Maybe, maybe not.
Well the slideshow showed her taking the little girl down the hallway with the little boy down the hall behind them right?

Coldpizza
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
You know I'm still alarmed by the fact that the teacher fell in to the ruse of taking her to the front office to see the dad. Most schools have an intercom system and certainly they have protocol when a child leaves a classroom especially at that age and special needs to boot?

Hopefully your right and she is safe.

Kat
10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I just have my fingers crossed at this time she is safe :)

She sure is a pretty little girl isn't she? What a beautiful smile :)

Kat
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
http://offinvest.blogspot.com/

This has Mom's last known address listed and her criminal record. I don't have time to go and recheck to see if that is accurate. Perhaps someone else has time?

passionflower
10-04-2010, 10:58 PM
bump...
hoping for good news soon!

Kimberlyd125
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
No word this morning about little Sierra?

mahoneys07
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
"We don't believe the child's in any danger at all," says Ferguson. "We get that information from the custodial parent, the stepfather. He says... the mother is upset that he's had custody of the child for several years and she's unable to get custody, and she's come up to just take the child through non-legal means."

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/tri-state_news/6-year-old-abducted-from-north-college-hill-elementary-_5187829

Kat
10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I hope she's found soon, and that she is indeed safe with Mom. (honestly, at this point in time for some reason my gut is telling me she's not in mortal danger).

I wonder if the Step-dad had informed the current school of the particulars of Sierra's custody as far as her Mom having done this before and such? Just curious.

adonicawolf
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
http://www.wlwt.com/news/25289994/detail.html

Hope I did this right .... She's been found safe!

NORTH COLLEGE HILL, Ohio -- Police have found a missing 6-year-old girl safe in Alabama.

Investigators said Sierra Holley was abducted Monday morning by her mother, who does not have custodial rights, at North College Hill Elementary School.

The girl was taken into protective custody Tuesday afternoon in Alabama, and police said her mother would be charged.

passionflower
10-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Thankyou SHE IS SAFE!!!!!

now title needs changed

Coldpizza
10-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I hope she's found soon, and that she is indeed safe with Mom. (honestly, at this point in time for some reason my gut is telling me she's not in mortal danger).

I wonder if the Step-dad had informed the current school of the particulars of Sierra's custody as far as her Mom having done this before and such? Just curious.

Your instincts were right Kat!!!!!:woohoo:

Kat
10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
It was the way she handled Sierra in the pics of from the camera at school, shewww! I'm so relieved :)

She held Sierra close to her and Sierra appeared to snuggle into her. My gut could have been very wrong!

I'm so happy she is safe and sound and will be going back home.

This is wonderful news! :) Boy we needed it didn't we? So many are lost and never ever come home. Sierra is a very loved little girl! Oh, and a cutie-patootie to boot :D

Kimberlyd125
10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Great News!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kimberlyd125
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I sent a request for a MOD to add FOUND SAFE on the thread.

:woohoo: I'm so happy!

RoseWhite
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
So glad she was found. Every time I read a thread like this my stomach drops so hard.