PDA

View Full Version : NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

rotterdam
10-14-2010, 02:44 AM
I wonder if the brush fire was a plan to also lit up the house . I wonder if there was still gas in the cans to distribute in the house also and Zahra was in the house dead already. Somehow the mulch pile caught fire too early and/or somebody called the fire department right away.
This was early Saturday morning. Many people snooze in on that day. A second plan was hastily devised after the first one failed.

froginTtown
10-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Another question for the US - are there laws whereby you can be charged with allowing child abuse? For example, the Dad is aware that Zahra's been mistreated and he did nothing?

I'm sure I've read something (was it that little Kelsey girl?) that the Mum was charged with enabling child abuse.

My husband has just arrived home from work and handed me today's Herald Sun to show me the story about little Zahra. He read it today while he was having morning tea and said he had a tear in his eye.

Yes... The U.S. takes childrens cases much more serious than most...IMO..
He will be charged with several things..
I'm not a lawyer, but heres a few...
child neglect
child endangerment
for starts..
If he's involved in any way..
aiding and embedding
interferance with investigation
murder (if he was there)
abuse of a corpse (wood chipper)
Many, many more...
The U.S. gets pi$$ed when a child is involved...

rotterdam
10-14-2010, 02:56 AM
:nono: Don't be sleuthing relatives, please. There is no evidence they had anything to do with this horrific crime.

Also sorry Kimster, forgot about name calling. Should have said "alleged" in front. This extremely tragic case makes you forget the rules sometimes when referring to the alleged culprits..

darnudes
10-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Channel 9 AU report

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8105557/police-search-wood-chipper-for-missing-zahra

Nosee_Parker
10-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks FroginTtown, you've made my day. :woohoo: I simply refuse to accept that Zahra's father didn't know about the alleged abuse.

Here in Aus, a person charged with such a crime (the actual murderer and witness to the abuse) would receive a paltry sentence, a guest in a brand new prison, fully equipped with all entertainment equipment, access to HECS deferred university education, counseling on tap and of a course a get out of jail free card before your time's up. The crime will never be spoken of again, the child will become merely a distant memory. :furious:

darnudes
10-14-2010, 03:04 AM
ABC AU report with audio

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2010/s3038248.htm

darnudes
10-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Deputy chief Clyde Deal

CRAIG MCMURTRIE: When was the child last seen by anybody other than the parents

CLYDE DEAL: Other than immediate family it's been at least a couple of weeks.

Link above.
So it's been approx 2 weeks since she was last seen according to police.

froginTtown
10-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Nope, nothing like that for him here....
His best hope is soap with a rope, or some vasoline or butter, if he can get any...LOL
I think he is fully aware of what was happening to his daughter...and I also believe he is fully aware of how she was murdered.. I also believe he disposed of her with the chipper. I highly doubt that SM knew how to operate that machine... I think the detectives are allowing him out of jail to see what they can get on him... remember, he has warrants on him too... They could arrest him at any time...

froginTtown
10-14-2010, 03:30 AM
New Article... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/14/AR2010101400766.html

froginTtown
10-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Levi Page did a good show about Zahra...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage

Curious Me
10-14-2010, 05:05 AM
FYI, additional chart information from Soulscape, and it's not any better news. Zahra has her own thread at the Forensic Astrology Forum now. No date of disappearance though so who can say when the event occurred.

Furious the more sordid details come out. Would the DP be on the table for this horrid murder of a health disadvantaged 10 yr old child?

Gozgals
10-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Just wanted to post some of the article out so we can follow it.

Fair Use

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/14/AR2010101400766.html

Snip
She's upset about being held in jail. She's upset about being away from her family," he said.

That portrait of the concerned stepmother contradicts how relatives and former neighbors described Baker. They said in interviews and court documents that she was nasty-tempered and violent and often took her rage out on Zahra.

"She was always beating her," former neighbor Karen Yount said Tuesday. "I told her to stop but she wouldn't listen to anyone. That poor girl."
Snip

Gozgals
10-14-2010, 05:51 AM
FYI, additional chart information from Soulscape, and it's not any better news. Zahra has her own thread at the Forensic Astrology Forum now. No date of disappearance though so who can say when the event occurred.

Furious the more sordid details come out. Would the DP be on the table for this horrid murder of a health disadvantaged 10 yr old child?

Horrible details are emerging. I sit and cry as I read this. Did nobody care about this child? I don't know if I missed it, but why didn't anyone else call the F & C Services?

I would guess the DP would be on the table due to the henious nature of this crime. There is a disabled child with cancer who has been abused. Nobody seems to report her missing and she has not been seen, only by her father and step mom.

I am praying we find her soon.

Goz

Nosee_Parker
10-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Horrible details are emerging. I sit and cry as I read this. Did nobody care about this child? I don't know if I missed it, but why didn't anyone else call the F & C Services?

I would guess the DP would be on the table due to the henious nature of this crime. There is a disabled child with cancer who has been abused. Nobody seems to report her missing and she has not been seen, only by her father and step mom.

I am praying we find her soon.

Goz

Some family members are claiming they had contacted the authorities about her brutal treatment towards Zahra but due to the families constant relocation, it was hard to track apparently.

What's the town of Hickory like? Low-income, middle-class, varied? Was the house the family lived in a rental property, government owned, mortgaged? It seems a quaint little house (needing a bit of TLC of course). What's with the skulls on the front veranda? I know the SM was a 'goth' but holy moly, they would scare the neighborhood kids away. Creepy.

sadnpod
10-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Quite right, ofcourse I'm no expert here, but someone was and detailed the entire process of marriage and immigration from Australia to States on this site. Very much an energy and time consuming process, not to mention, a process that requires the sponsor to be law abiding, gainfully employed able to meet needs (including medical), etc. They had really good info, too tired to go back right now, but maybe author will repost. But at any rate, your right, I will bet every last dollar I own these people never expended one dime on this childs health care , or clothes for that matter. Of the 15 or so pictures of her, at least 10 she is wearing the same clothes, or combination of same clothes. Everyone is quite right, prosthesis are very painful, or can be. Our Vets are (for the most part) getting really up to date custom fits, but they are grown. This is a child going through a growth spirt, age 10 - 14 growing.... I'm willing to bet that Z was never fitted for a new prosthesis since before she left Australia. Thats been 2 years, and a long time for a growing child. If she hasn't been refitted, then I imagine she was in a great deal of pain, might explain why in every photo where she is standing up straight, left leg is very straight, there is no telling what was going on with her left leg, in my experience as a nurse absolutely terrible things happen to a stump. I'm sick beyond words. This child fought a battle most adults can't win, bone ca and mets to lungs is a death sentence. She was in remission, and by the little we see, was looking healthy, if not sad, ( with her little closed mouth, not quite smilling eyes), and 2 yrs in remission is what every cancer survivor wishes for. It's like the holy grail. It makes the 5 year survival rate even greater for your chance of survival. Believe me, it's a HUGE deal. When you look at all the pictures, you can tell when she was 8-9 and 9-10. ( these in the States), next month she will be 11, the last photos with the white sheet back drop look pretty much current, along with the cell phone pic, I would bet they are some of the last. This wasn't due to medications, since I would bet everything I own that this child has not seen a physician, this was abuse pure and simple. Wow, kind of wish I'd never stumbled across all this, it really hurts, alot, you people are great, kuddos, I have read things here that beat out MSM by a day or more. Sorry for the rant, caught off guard with emotion, it's just SOO unfair sometimes, this little warrior fought so hard to live, and was brought down by the weakest among us.

Exactly what my heart is saying too.. thank you for your post.

kcsmom76
10-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Just heard nothing was found in the pond that they drained in Morganton per WSOC-tv. http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html Searchers are very upset "nothing" was found. I am so confused and upset. How can "nothing" be found when the dogs hit on the brush pile and the woodchipper? When will this madness end?

sadnpod
10-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Welcome to all the newbies and thank you all for joining and posting. Hopefully Zahra will be found today.

Debbie3223
10-14-2010, 06:40 AM
our local news team on last nights vigil and the updates from yesterday.. one lil girl started to cry.. my throat lumped up :(www.wlos.com

Debbie3223
10-14-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.wlos.com/
hope this link works

majikposhun
10-14-2010, 06:55 AM
HICKORY --
The disappearance of Zahra Clare Baker has devastated her family and friends in Australia.

The Townsville Bulletin, a newspaper published near Zahra’s former home in Giru, Queensland, reports Zahra’s grandmother, Karen Baker, and close family friend, Kim Wright, “spent many an hour with the bubbly Wagga-born girl in the four years she was growing up in Giru,” the Bulletin reported.

A snapshot of Zahra

• Born 2000 in Wagga, Queensland, Australia
• 2001, father and mother divorce.
• In 2004, moved with her father to the North Queesnland township of Giru.
• 2005, diagnosed with a form of bone cancer that led to hearing loss and amputation of lower left leg.
• 2007, diagnosed with secondary lung cancer.
• 2008, cancer was declared in remission.
• 2008, moved to North Carolina with her father and new stepmother.
• 2010, approximately early September, moved with father and stepmother from Granite Falls area to Hickory.
• 2010, Oct. 9, reported missing from Hickory home.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/14/family-friends-australia-love-bubbly-zahra-ar-455651/

majikposhun
10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.wcnc.com/news/Police-return-to-Burke-County-search-site-104880109.html

Crews search pond for Zahra Baker, come up empty

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

Updated today at 11:59 PM

BURKE COUNTY, N.C. -- Late Wednesday afternoon, firetrucks arrived at an area that police and canine units have been searching in connection with the disappearance of Zahra Baker. Crews unrolled hoses and started draining a pond on the property they've been searching for the past two days.

BrownRice
10-14-2010, 07:04 AM
What's the town of Hickory like? Low-income, middle-class, varied? Was the house the family lived in a rental property, government owned, mortgaged? It seems a quaint little house (needing a bit of TLC of course).

I'm from Charlotte, not Hickory, but am familiar with it. It's a pretty small town, definitely not a big city feel at all. It looks like (from pictures and interviews) they are pretty much in the country/rural part. I'd say it's pretty middle to lower income, but that's just my thought. I do know a couple people who live up there and they are middle-high income, but I don't think that is the norm.

Peliman
10-14-2010, 07:06 AM
http://www.wlos.com/
hope this link works

I'm south Asheville now, just saw the report also. Personally I'm awaiting an arrest and hoping for a quick resolution.

Weather Julie is calling for a cold front to move through today and I'm watching a frost advisory for tonight. I'm thinking Hickory will be a couple hours behind us in weather.

Sooo will you be singing Karaoke?

Oriah
10-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Just thought I would link this, if it hasn't already been. Trying to focus on the good that Zahra has experienced.

http://www.campquality.org.au/public/home.aspx

Karen Anne RN
10-14-2010, 07:38 AM
The passports... it seems odd to me that they were in a vehicle. Why would someone carry passports around in a vehicle unless they expected to need them on the fly, or had recently used them? I don't think anyone in the family had recently been out of the country, so that leaves someone planning on a need to fly - quickly. It seems to point to a crime that happened a while back, and there was idiotic planning that involved a ridiculous ransom note to "throw LE off" the case, with plans to bolt at some point. Guess LE was smarter than they figured. I would be focusing recovery efforts around the last address they lived at.

BBM

You hit the nail on the head. It's idiotic. I mean, really

1) It's 2 pm in the afternoon. You realize your daughter isn't in the house. Why would you run out into the yard screaming to your husband that your daughter is missing ? Why wouldn't you just walk out into the yard and say "Have you seen her ? She's not in the house."

2) If both are involved in this crime, why on earth go to all the trouble of the ransom note, gas in the vehicle, fire in the yard, screaming outdoors, and report a missing child to 911 ? Why even bother ?

According to a news interview, none of these neighbors had ever even seen her. Ever. In the 6 weeks they lived there.
Also, part of the family has been estranged for over a year.

So if anyone *were* to ask about her whereabouts, they could simply say she went back to Australia to live with her biological Mother (who, by the way, has been looking for her for the past 5 years.) No one would be the wiser.

It appears to me to be Munchausen Syndrome, and Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. In the extreme.
And not to be used as a defense. It's not an excuse for bad (severe) behaviour.

If a w/c is indeed involved in this case, I think that tens of thousands of people will have moments of silence in her honor.

moo, etc ~~~~

dragonfly28601
10-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Some family members are claiming they had contacted the authorities about her brutal treatment towards Zahra but due to the families constant relocation, it was hard to track apparently.

What's the town of Hickory like? Low-income, middle-class, varied? Was the house the family lived in a rental property, government owned, mortgaged? It seems a quaint little house (needing a bit of TLC of course). What's with the skulls on the front veranda? I know the SM was a 'goth' but holy moly, they would scare the neighborhood kids away. Creepy.

Hickory is a town of approx 40,000 people. Just like most other towns... you have your upper, middle and, lower income areas. The area that she lived in, commonly known as Viewmont, is mostly upper and middle incomes. They lived in a rental house that was right behind the Clark tire. It really is an excellent area to live. I am 11 streets north of that road.

NancyA
10-14-2010, 07:44 AM
I am the person who originally posted about the Green Card application process for foreigners who marry American citizens. For those interested, I dug up my earlier posts, quoted below, and edited them to underline a couple of points people have queried here. The biggest clue to me that AB never applied for a Green Card for himself or his daughter is the date he and EB married, by my reckoning more than a year after he came here. They came in on a tourist visa and never went home is my thought, looks like if he did leave the country in the meantime border Immigration officials have failed to pick up that he overstayed.

There are several ways for them to have come here. To do it legally, given that he was in a relationship with the step-mother, she could have filed a petition with USCIS for him (and any minor children) to come on a fiance's visa. He would simultaneously file with his local US Embassy. The drawback to that is that he would be ineligible to travel to the US while the petition was pending and that process can take up to a year and more. Once here they would have to be married within 90 days of his arrival. The other way (and the way I did it) would be for him to come here on an ordinary visitor's visa and, once again, as long as they were married within 90 days of his arrival, they would be able to jointly file the various residency petitions. It involves a MOUNTAIN of paperwork, various interviews, biometrics, background checks by the FBI, medical exams etc and it isn't cheap! Average processing time around 9 months. The drawback to that is he would be unable to work for at least several months whilst awaiting a work permit and be ineligible to travel OUT of the US in the interim so he would have to have all his affairs in his home country sorted out and have the financial wherewithal to survive until he was eligible to work.

Effectively, her part of the petition either way would involve her agreeing to accept responsibility for supporting him (them) and paying for (providing insurance for) their medical care for at least 7 years, I'm not absolutely sure but I'm pretty sure they would NOT be eligible for medicare or social security benefits during that time either. The Green Card which is initially issued is for two years and conditional. To have the conditions lifted they have to file again after 2 years and prove that they are still married and living together, that they have joint financial commitments etc, basically another MOUNTAIN of paperwork, MORE fees and jumping through of the same hoops as the initial petition.

All the info I've read in the news reports so far about the fraudulent check warrants for the SM, the constant moving around of this family, the need for at least some kind of medical support for Zahra is making me wonder if Baker and Zahra had any legal resident status here at all. As I pointed out in an earlier thread the process for getting permanent residency (green card) status here is far from simple and and far from cheap, not to mention the sponsor has to agree to provide whatever medical care/insurance cover is necessary for up to 7 years. From what I'm seeing of the step-mother with the fraudulent check charges etc she does not appear to be a financially stable or responsible person who would be able to provide USCIS with the assurances they'd need for adequate medical coverage especially in Zahra's case.

The other thing is, the background checks carried out on the applying resident alien are extensive and intensive but it is not well-known that the person sponsoring them is also subject to background checks. The thing is, if the sponsor has any history of arrests or convictions for drug use or domestic violence those would be a major bar to having the petition granted. Baker and the step-mom wouldn't necessarily know any of what is involved in the Green Card process until they got the forms and information from USCIS. I'm thinking it's possible that Baker and Zahra came here on a tourist visa and just never went home which might be another reason for the family's constant house moves.

Hope that's helpful. Edited to add: the penalties for providing false info on the applications or even just visitor visa forms are pretty stiff as I recall, up to 5 years in prison and/or fines of $20000. And regarding retaining bank accounts and any income, pensions and the like, from the home country, legally they would have to be declared on US income tax returns every year.

Debbie3223
10-14-2010, 07:45 AM
:dance:
I'm south Asheville now, just saw the report also. Personally I'm awaiting an arrest and hoping for a quick resolution.

Weather Julie is calling for a cold front to move through today and I'm watching a frost advisory for tonight. I'm thinking Hickory will be a couple hours behind us in weather.

i'll sing when the lights are out for evil personified...aka SM...

but yep.. i like the cold weather.. i got fans going and doors and windows open...
just sent my lil punkin off on the Lil Bus.. hugs and kisses all the way even if she had to do a drop.. which means in Ds terms.. she just stops and doesnt move..i

i just let her sit unless it was in a parking lot or something dangerous.
She doenst sit for long.. she loves her momma tooo much..:) we do alot of smoochin and huggin and gigglin
I have learned ya just cant get angry at lil kids specially special needs, besides her thought processes arent the same..

Dear God. Please let this come to a close soon and find ur Angel Zahra.. :angel:Thank you

Mrs G Norris
10-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Just read the FB and myspace....on the FB the wall has nearly no responses, just posts by her..if friends leave an account do their posts disappear too? I'm just curious because it seems to be the most isolated FB account I've ever seen, just her posting to herself. ODD.

Debbie3223
10-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Just read the FB and myspace....on the FB the wall has nearly no responses, just posts by her..if friends leave an account do their posts disappear too? I'm just curious because it seems to be the most isolated FB account I've ever seen, just her posting to herself. ODD.

can u give me a link to her page?

and everyone probably knew she was bats

Facebook page...

Brains & NoBull
10-14-2010, 08:03 AM
NancyA,

I wanted to thank you for your posts regarding immigration. I read another member's post regarding the subject last night that was incorrect, but was relunctant to correct it. Thank you so much for doing so. I can confirm, from experience, that NancyA is correct is this matter. Immigration to the US is expensive, time consuming, and there are many, many hoops and red tape involved.

tk71texas
10-14-2010, 08:12 AM

OT.......I went to Ashville a few years ago, it is beautiful country. Went to the Biltmore and ate some really good bbq place called fat buddies I think....i hope we get some news today on Zahra, poor thing :angel:

LLLindsayy
10-14-2010, 08:20 AM

No, the posts will not disappear unless they are manually deleted.

tlcya
10-14-2010, 08:31 AM
morning all. Any news on the pond search?

tk71texas
10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
morning all. Any news on the pond search?

i just read it came up empty :waitasec:

tlcya
10-14-2010, 08:40 AM
DIdn't know about this lead

One of those leads was a call from Rachel Freeman, who lives one mile from the area where investigators were searching on Tuesday night. Freeman told police she smelled something outside her home. "I want them to find it. I'm very concerned about her. We've smelled it since Sunday. It was real bad last night,” Freeman said.

But police said they didn't find anything around Freeman’s home. The area is less than a mile from where officers conducting a massive search Tuesday night for Zahra on property where police said her father had access to a wood chipper.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

ETA About 50 people, including the FBI, Hickory Police and Burke County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene

confimation that FBI is involved

eleni777
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?

salvarenga
10-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Did anybody see the stepbrother on GMA this morning? You know the one that just sent out the notice yesterday asking to be left alone. :waitasec::rolleyes:

From Twitter @yunjid

Good morning from Hickory, NC...we've got the latest on the search for Zahra - hear from her step-brother for the first time on @gma shortly

Mrs G Norris
No, the posts will not disappear unless they are manually deleted.

Well then, the woman had no friends....or very few. And no-one who kept up a daily chit chat with her, no birthday messages, no little jokes, no farmville gifts from anyone, no pokes, nothing. She occasionally posted a nasty little message about how bad life was and got the rare reply in agreement, but that is about it. She must have radiated negativity.

tlcya
I'm not familiar with the geography in NC and the fact that AB and EB moved a lot...but I just feel in my heart that Zahra never made it to this new rental house... Have the LE even considered going back to search the house and area of their previous residence?

I have not seen a search covered by press but assume they have. I have seen confirmation that they have questioined the old neighbors and neighbors confirm Zahra was with them when they packed up and moved. Residdence is occopied by new tennants now.

tlcya
10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
yawn, need more coffee. Wondering just how many hours I have spend in three four days on this thread. I hope LE finds something definitive soon. Can't keep running on fumes for much longer.

tk71texas
10-14-2010, 08:49 AM
yawn, need more coffee. Wondering just how many hours I have spend in three four days on this thread. I hope LE finds something definitive soon. Can't keep running on fumes for much longer.

i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often :blushing:

tlcya
10-14-2010, 08:50 AM
i know what you mean......scared i might get fired....lol, i just keep it minimized on my screen and just hit refresh every so often :blushing:

I know of what you speak ;)

tlcya
10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
The Burke County Sheriff told Eyewitness News just before 11 p.m. that information keeps leading them to that spot, but there's no proof yet if they're in the right place.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

and

The note said that a kidnapping had taken place and it was addressed to Zahra's father’s employer, Mark Coffey.

Police said that the note was a fake created by Elisa Baker. “They feel like the ransom note was just a distraction,” Coffey said.

Coffey told Channel 9 he fears for his family safety. “I feel like anyone would. I don’t like it,” Coffey said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juno
10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
I know of what you speak ;)

As do I. Here I am minimizing my page everytime the boss walks by. :angel:

tlcya
10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
speaking of werk, gotta fly, should be at work in 2 minuts and its a ten minute drive w traffic!

yikes, will check in throughout the the day for breaks in the case.

salvarenga
10-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Did anybody see the stepbrother on GMA this morning? You know the one that just sent out the notice yesterday asking to be left alone. :waitasec::rolleyes:

From Twitter @yunjid

Good morning from Hickory, NC...we've got the latest on the search for Zahra - hear from her step-brother for the first time on @gma shortly

I take back my :rolleyes:. It was just video of basically the reporter ambushing him at the vigil to try to get a soundbyte. He basically said now is not the time and no further comment. Good for him.

Search for Zahra Baker: Community Speaks Out - ABC News
http://t.co/DRiH2TN

watchful_eye
10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Holy Cow, this thread/s is/are flying way too fast, lol. I cannot keep up. I did read about the pond this morning.

My guess is that more than a body, they were searching for evidence thrown into the pond after the murder NEAR the pond. Whatever the case may be--it never hurts to search ANYWHERE.

I am Jewish and was raised to believe that there is no heaven, no hell, and no afterlife, that we die and become part of the earth we are buried in.

But I can't help but feel sometimes that these victims, ala Lovely Bones, are looking down, perhaps guiding the community, LE, and family into solving their murder.

Maybe it just makes me feel better??

hollye
10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but it is clearly hers...

http://www.deeprealm.com/fairygirl6668

No real info on it though. She made the page and last logged in on the same day.

Patty G
10-14-2010, 09:17 AM
This morning an Australian posted on WS's, that knows his mother, and said his mother never gave an interview. It was made up by the reporter.

I can't fathom taking a child with a history of cancer from her home, family, doctor & resources, to a country where they're living on the edge. He obvously isn't a skilled worker or he wouldn't be shoving wood through a wood chipper for a living.

Let's say his mother did say that he'd never harm Zahra. Well to allow someone else to harm her & beat her falls in which category? The sin of omission?

I can't find the post regarding what the WS Aussie poster wrote about the grandmother. Would you be so kind as to link that post please. Thanks.

NancyA
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
NancyA,

I wanted to thank you for your posts regarding immigration. I read another member's post regarding the subject last night that was incorrect, but was relunctant to correct it. Thank you so much for doing so. I can confirm, from experience, that NancyA is correct is this matter. Immigration to the US is expensive, time consuming, and there are many, many hoops and red tape involved.

My pleasure. Should also point out the whole process is very stressful with uncertainty about your status even if you have nothing to hide and you do everything right, I didn't relax fully, worrying about being deported for missing a box or checking the wrong one or some document getting lost, until the conditions were lifted on my Green Card.

This is another black mark, like he needs one, against AB in my book, for those of us who do it the hard - LEGAL - way, illegals 'p' us off big style. It's not so much what choices they make for themselves re breaking the law, not to mention living with the constant fear of being discovered and deported, but when they involve their minor children, who have no choice, in such an insecure and precarious lifestyle, whereby those kids have NO official status to the point they can spend years here and having to keep the family 'secret' and one day find they will never be able to go to college or work legally and also have to live with the fear of being deported to a country they do not remember, now THAT is inexcusable.

hollye
10-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Here's her photobucket album, though no photographs...
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/fairygirl6668/

Emeralgem
10-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Good morning Peli.. My oldest daughter and my grandson live in Asheville too..
Do you think they will arrest the father soon?

SherlockHomey
10-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Those images are extremely creepy.

Hopeful One
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Those images are extremely creepy.

I agree. There is a lot about EB that is creepy, IMO.

Good morning, Websleuthers!!

Hopeful One
10-14-2010, 09:38 AM

I was thinking yesterday that I hope they aren't monitoring my internet use at work. Both Tuesday and Wednesday I had WS open all day. And I was probably reading the Zahra threads for five hours. NOT GOOD from a work perspective!!!

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Morning all. I was so hoping for some news when I got up this morning. ***sigh***

Let's hope today is the day they find beautiful little Zahra

Hopeful One
10-14-2010, 09:40 AM
OT.......I went to Ashville a few years ago, it is beautiful country. Went to the Biltmore and ate some really good bbq place called fat buddies I think....i hope we get some news today on Zahra, poor thing :angel:

OT: LOOOOVE your sig picture!!! :)

bdp
10-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks to whomever posted the fbook link.

Just scanned through all of her posts (thanks alot OCD). She did communicate with a select few people, mostly Brittany S. There was one comment made about her "married name" that really shows what a short fuse the woman had, even on facebook. She also played some sort of marijuana growing/smoking game on there. Didn't even know that existed! She joined fbook in January of this year and her last post was in July. Not much activity at all after March.

Only one or two of the people she regularly interacted with have taken her side. Nobody actually says she is innocent and none of the typical "there was no way she could have done this" stuff.

Whew, back to work.

Hopeful One
10-14-2010, 09:42 AM

I believe they were back there questioning neighbors but I haven't heard of any searches there.

Aedrys
10-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Good morning all! Sounds like I didn't miss much of anything last night :(

That SM was a time bomb waiting to happen. I mean, what about her could possibly make AB think she would be a good stepmother to his child? I know love is often blind, but in this case it seems to be deaf and mute too.

I saw the pic of Zahra with the soldier (Aussie, right?), and I almost cried. A person who risks their lives for their country with a girl who survived so much in her short life. At least if the soldier dies, it's protecting his country. It's a noble death. There's nothing noble about being abused and then put through a woodchipper. She deserved so much more than she got after all she went through. I can't get over just how horrendous the end of her life was. It isn't fair that SM still gets to breathe while Zahra can't anymore. It just broke my heart. God, please help them find her. Please help bring this SM from hell to justice!

Zahra was just too bright for you, SM. Her pureness and innocence just never sat right with you since you are so very opposite of everything Zahra was. And she still continues to shine while you wither in darkness.

ETA: Are they doing more searches today? Are they still updating us twice a day?

trigger
10-14-2010, 09:49 AM

Very strange. What a freakzoid. Was AB that desperate?

I wonder what that tattoo on her arm is, anyone know?

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

SherlockHomey
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Crown Vics were headed back up interstate toward Morganton this morning. :(

I missed the FB link. Can someone post it again?

suspicious1
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Good morning all! Sounds like I didn't miss much of anything last night :(

That SM was a time bomb waiting to happen. I mean, what about her could possibly make AB think she would be a good stepmother to his child? I know love is often blind, but in this case it seems to be deaf and mute too.

I saw the pic of Zahra with the soldier (Aussie, right?), and I almost cried. A person who risks their lives for their country with a girl who survived so much in her short life. At least if the soldier dies, it's protecting his country. It's a noble death. There's nothing noble about being abused and then put through a woodchipper. She deserved so much more than she got after all she went through. I can't get over just how horrendous the end of her life was. It isn't fair that SM still gets to breathe while Zahra can't anymore. It just broke my heart. God, please help them find her. Please help bring this SM from hell to justice!

Zahra was just too bright for you, SM. Her pureness and innocence just never sat right with you since you are so very opposite of everything Zahra was. And she still continues to shine while you wither in darkness.

ETA: Are they doing more searches today? Are they still updating us twice a day?

My thoughts exactly...

hollye
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Zahra Baker Case: Frustration at Alleged Abuse Boils Over
Cops Say Husband Now Uncooperative, Friend Claims Extended Family Called Social Services About Abuse

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-frustration-alleged-abuse-boils/story?id=11877535

hollye
10-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Crown Vics were headed back up interstate toward Morganton this morning. :(

I missed the FB link. Can someone post it again?

Here you go... http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young?v=info

sunsetbeach
10-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I went to bed early last night so I am way behind. I think a whole thread and a half behind. Anyway as I was trying to go to sleep I was thinking about that woodchipper and all the hits from the dogs. This may have been mentioned before (so much info) but is it possible that the blood the dogs may be hitting on is from bloody clothing the
perp(s) wore? Maybe they tried to get rid of evidence in several places? I mean I just do not want to believe that a father would put his own daughter in a woodchipper. It's possible but I don't want to believe it and if her poor body was put in there I'm sure he would have had to do it. No one would question him being around that woodchipper but for her to be there and operating it ... huge red flag ... know what I mean? It's bad enough this poor sweet girl is gone. AB betrayed ZB and the love and trust she had for him.

Beagle
AP news report released. Not sure what to make of it yet.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h4rxdEVLLWNY3lLWF2wqDQ34pAEwD9IR6LIO0?docId= D9IR6LIO0

Baker's court-appointed attorney, Scott Reilly, said she was "scared to death" and very emotional about everything.
"She's upset about being held in jail. She's upset about being away from her family," he said.

Hi new to this case but I have been following the Kiesha Abrahams case.

Point I noticed in that article is what is quoted as the step mother saying.... NO mention of being upset the Zahra is missing ???????

JMO :beagle::detective:

suspicious1
Good morning Peli.. My oldest daughter and my grandson live in Asheville too..
Do you think they will arrest the father soon?

Em, I was wondering the same thing.....what are they waiting for?

I was hoping that he had nothing to do with it but....IMO, it's not looking too good for him.

JMO of course

CateH
10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Not sure if this one has been posted yet - still trying to catch up. This was a trip to the NC mountains, apparently last winter (posted to FB January of 2010).

Aedrys
10-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Baker's court-appointed attorney, Scott Reilly, said she was "scared to death" and very emotional about everything.
"She's upset about being held in jail. She's upset about being away from her family," he said.

Hi new to this case but I have been following the Kiesha Abrahams case.

Point I noticed in that article is what is quoted as the step mother saying.... NO mention of being upset the Zahra is missing ???????

JMO :beagle::detective:

Yep, as per usual, the perp is worried more about herself than the child she abused and killed. It's that way in every case I follow, male or female perp.

Well I hope she is scared. She should be. If she wasn't, I'd be thinking she was an older Casey Anthony. Of course, she could be lying and trying make herself look normal and human, but we all know that's not the truth. We can see right through her.

It just makes me so mad. Oh, we're SO SORRY you're being inconvenienced by being in jail! That's nothing compared the hell you put Zahra through! And you think you're scared now, wait until you're convicted and in gen pop, or on death row!

Hopeful One
10-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Was there any more info on what was reported on JVM last night re: EB selling drugs? I logged off last night before I saw anything more on that.

SherlockHomey
10-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Not sure if anyone had posted this yet or not but this article says the father is now "uncooperative".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-frustration-alleged-abuse-boils/story?id=11877535

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 10:03 AM
"He seems concerned. I don't know how sincere his concern is," Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said Wednesday as investigators continued to search for any sign of Zahra's remains. When asked if he believed Adam Baker, McDevitt said, "I don't."

des01
10-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Here you go... http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young?v=info

I can't get that link to work..I keep getting a page not found message:waitasec:

alwaysonmymind
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Not sure if this has been posted-

Nothing on it.

Is this also Elisa?

hollye
10-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Not sure if this has been posted-

Nothing on it.

Is this also Elisa?

Yes, I posted it a couple of pages back. She created it and last logged onto it the same day.

Heather31
10-14-2010, 10:10 AM
If you go under her ms photo comment's (the pic w/ the caption the dark child) there's a post from disturbed...under his photo's there's a pic of a beautiful little girl w/ a red dress on and it looks like Zahra. I haven't seen that pic up here yet but then again I've skipped pages here and there trying to get caught up. I'll never understand how anyone can hurt a child, this poor sweet little girl had such a hard life.

alwaysonmymind
10-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Not sure if this one has been posted yet - still trying to catch up. This was a trip to the NC mountains, apparently last winter (posted to FB January of 2010).

So Zahra has on a short sleeve tee, a short skirt, bare arms and legs and nearly everyone else has long sleeves and jackets???
:banghead:

big4dropout
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm really impressed with how her son D is handling everything. He seems wise to not say anything until the time is right.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I noticed that too - but it looks like she has jeans on but the left leg is cut off at her thigh.

Gozgals
10-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Been following and I'm sad there is nothing new since my last post earlier in the a.m.

I hope today is the day we find this sweet, darling child.

I, too, am wondering if there is enough evidence yet to arrest the father.
Funny, how he changed his tune from being cooperative to now not working with LE???

This case is breaking my heart. Been in tears most of the night.

Goz

Mrs G Norris
10-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I can't get that link to work..I keep getting a page not found message:waitasec:

Have you got a FB account? I think you need one to see a FB page, I've taken screen grabs of the pages they're here (http://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/Mrs_G_Norris/Other%20Murders/Elisa%20Baker/).

ScorpRising
10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
The threads are moving too fast for me to read back. I believe it was about 2 threads ago there was mention of AB saying the marriage was a lie. Can someone elaborate on that for me? I completely missed the original discussion. TIA!

Hoping today is the day. My heart breaks for her. My mind keeps wandering and I actually have work to do today.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
There are no words for a parent (AB) of a missing, disabled child to all of a sudden stop cooperating with LE. HE IS INVOLVED. He has information. HE KNOWS. It just make me sick - HE makes me sick. What a sorry excuse for a human being.

Dude - YOU'RE CHILD IS OUT THERE. You obviously know SOMETHING! Give it up. I just don't understand how someone in a situation like that can live with themselves. Let's hope he doesn't take the coward's way out and turn up dead from suicide. Although I really believe they have eyes on him 24/7.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

bellyup
10-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Here is a link to all SM's Aliases

Alisa F Allred
Alisa Baker
Alisa Annette Baker
Annette F Elisa
Elisa Fairchild
Elisa A Fairchild
Elisa Annette Fairchild
Elisa H Fairchild
Elisa Fairch Haris
Elisa Harris
Elisa A Harris
Elisa Annette Harris
Elisa F Harris
Elisa A Proctor

I guess Elesa Baker and Elesa Annette Baker are newer names she goes by!

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/people-search/names/nc+granite+falls/elesa/young.html#

..... Fairchild is the maiden name Harris was her husband before AB and of course Baker since she's been with AB. I think Proctor might be BS's maiden name so that would indicate another husband.

tlcya
10-14-2010, 10:21 AM
sigh, no new news. back to werk :(

Aedrys
10-14-2010, 10:22 AM
So the marriage is a lie, but he won't cooperate with police. Talk about POS dad right there! If it was a lie, AB, why are you still lying about Zahra? Oh, because you're a liar too!

bellyup
10-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't play Mafia, but I play other games on facebook... The game will put a notice up of what you've won or whatever... The player is given a choice to either Delete/Skip or Publish it on Facebook... Obviously she choose to publish it... very poor choice in my opinion... :(

To be fair, if you've allowed publishing on the game it will not give you the choice. If you don't allow publishing is where you get the choice to delete/skip / publish. Of course once she realized what it was and said anyone with good taste would have removed it.

grammieto5
10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks FroginTtown, you've made my day. :woohoo: I simply refuse to accept that Zahra's father didn't know about the alleged abuse.

Here in Aus, a person charged with such a crime (the actual murderer and witness to the abuse) would receive a paltry sentence, a guest in a brand new prison, fully equipped with all entertainment equipment, access to HECS deferred university education, counseling on tap and of a course a get out of jail free card before your time's up. The crime will never be spoken of again, the child will become merely a distant memory. :furious:

Sounds like the US to me :-(

des01
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Have you got a FB account? I think you need one to see a FB page, I've taken screen grabs of the pages they're here (http://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac286/Mrs_G_Norris/Other%20Murders/Elisa%20Baker/).

yup..all I had to do was log into my account first:blushing: apparently I am a little :crazy: from lack of sleep!

Virgogalsue
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM

I read somewhere that those are the Avatars she and Adam used together. I'd love to know what site they met on!

Virgogalsue
10-14-2010, 10:29 AM
..... Fairchild is the maiden name Harris was her husband before AB and of course Baker since she's been with AB. I think Proctor might be BS's maiden name so that would indicate another husband.

I believe her son's last name is Proctor too.

pinkpuddytat
BBM

You hit the nail on the head. It's idiotic. I mean, really

1) It's 2 pm in the afternoon. You realize your daughter isn't in the house. Why would you run out into the yard screaming to your husband that your daughter is missing ? Why wouldn't you just walk out into the yard and say "Have you seen her ? She's not in the house."

2) If both are involved in this crime, why on earth go to all the trouble of the ransom note, gas in the vehicle, fire in the yard, screaming outdoors, and report a missing child to 911 ? Why even bother ?

According to a news interview, none of these neighbors had ever even seen her. Ever. In the 6 weeks they lived there.
Also, part of the family has been estranged for over a year.

So if anyone *were* to ask about her whereabouts, they could simply say she went back to Australia to live with her biological Mother (who, by the way, has been looking for her for the past 5 years.) No one would be the wiser.

It appears to me to be Munchausen Syndrome, and Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy. In the extreme.
And not to be used as a defense. It's not an excuse for bad (severe) behaviour.

If a w/c is indeed involved in this case, I think that tens of thousands of people will have moments of silence in her honor.

moo, etc ~~~~

No, her bio-mom has NOT been looking for her at all! She's lying! And I just hate seeing her lie repeated as fact over and over again. There was easily searchable media coverage of Zahra in Australia re her battle with cancer, and trip to the army's Camp Quality for sick children. An article about the latter in September 2008 has not only Zahra's full name and age, but also gives her hometown and a photo of her at the camp. A simple Google search on her name would have located her, and a relative who has posted here confirms that her name has not been changed (nor did the mother allege any name change when claiming she'd been searching for her to no avail).

Who knows what the bio-mom's back story is, but right now she's jumping in front of media cameras to lie about having cared enough to "search" for Zahra. It really annoys me that media outlets published her lie without pointing out the glaring hole in her claim.

Emeralgem
Her attorney is claiming she is upset and can't sleep.. Personally, I can't figure out why the HELL-O she is so upset now..
She claims she quit fighting her demons and has aligned herself with them..What did she expect?
She needs to fess up and tell what she did since she claims she is one with her demons..
That silver cord is severed...JMHO..

ella971
I read somewhere that those are the Avatars she and Adam used together. I'd love to know what site they met on!

It's in one of the threads (good luck!) I would say it was about two days ago someone posted it. Hope that helps.

hollye
10-14-2010, 10:30 AM

I believe it was something like IMVU, IIRC, and those are the avatars, according to her MS page.

westsidefox64
10-14-2010, 10:30 AM
good morning all...I havent went back to read yet. Was so hoping they had found her last night.:( Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but on GMA this morning they had a judge on who said she thought the reason AB hasnt been arrested yet is because its so hard to prove that both parents actually participated in the actual murder. Kind of made sense but id think in this case it wouldnt be too hard to prove he was in the least an accomplise. JMO

CateH
10-14-2010, 10:31 AM
So Zahra has on a short sleeve tee, a short skirt, bare arms and legs and nearly everyone else has long sleeves and jackets?

I don't think so - if you enlarge that (CTRL +, a bunch of times) it looks to me like she has some type of brown strap around her left jean leg. Perhaps the top of her prosthesis. IMO that is definitely not her bare leg skin - much too dark compared to the skin on her arms.

But I do agree about the short sleeve shirt, which appears to be very thin. It was a cold January in 2010, one of the coldest ever I think.

Kimberlyd125
10-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't think so - if you enlarge that (CTRL +, a bunch of times) it looks to me like she has some type of brown strap around her left jean leg. Perhaps the top of her prosthesis. IMO that is definitely not her bare leg skin - much too dark compared to the skin on her arms.

But I do agree about the short sleeve shirt, which appears to be very thin. It was a cold January in 2010, one of the coldest ever I think.

Yeah, EB sure had her jacket on didn't she??? :furious:

tlcya
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I believe it was something like IMVU, IIRC, and those are the avatars, according to her MS page.

BBM it was two or three days ago on one of the closed threads sorry no link, at work. It was IMVU

CateH
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM

(Sorry for quoting myself)

To be fair - one other girl does have shorts on...the guy on the end is in short sleeves - so maybe it was one of the few warmer days we had last winter. Or maybe it was Fall 2009, and the picture wasn't posted until January. Or maybe Zahra had a jacket on in the car and wanted to take it off...we just don't know.

Hopeful One
No, her bio-mom has NOT been looking for her at all! She's lying! And I just hate seeing her lie repeated as fact over and over again. There was easily searchable media coverage of Zahra in Australia re her battle with cancer, trip to the army's Camp Quality for sick children. And article about the latter in September 2008 has not only Zahra's full name and age, but also gives her hometown and a photo of her at the camp. A simple Google search on her name would have located her, and a relative who has posted here confirms that her name has not been changed (nor did the mother allege any name change when claiming she'd been searching for her to no avail).

Who knows what the bio-mom's back story is, but right now she's jumping in front of media cameras to lie about having cared enough to "search" for Zahra. It really annoys me that media outlets published her lie without pointing out the glaring hole in her claim.

BBM - link please. Thanks!

darlin gal
Zahra Baker's grandmother: 'We want our darling girl back'

The grandmother of Zahra Baker, the 10-year-old girl who is missing and a presumed homicide victim, has told an Australian newspaper that her family is "stunned and shocked" by what has happened to the little girl.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/14/1761256/zahras-grandmother-we-want-our.html#ixzz12LOQpJp5

Virgogalsue
10-14-2010, 10:41 AM

I was just able to open it. Try copying it into your browser window, perhaps? :)

tlcya
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
while I find the bio mother's absence in this situation ODD to the extreme, I will not comment except to say:

If she has been looking for Zahra for the last five years, in light of what is going on in NC right now, I would have thought she would have been on the first plane over - and before the finances specter raises its head, I am pretty sure there are a number of news outlet that would be thrilled to pay for her trip here in exchange for an interview, so that is not a believable deterent to me.

Since that has not happened, nor have we heard from bio mom on OZ news since this case first broke, I am led to believe there is a whole backstory as to why Zahra was in dad's custody in the first place that we are not privy to at this time.

Nuff said.

hollye
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
On AY's FB he makes comment about hoping his ex is happy now because his doctor won't refill his pain meds. I gather who he is likely referring to. I get the impression from other posts that he is or was on disability.

laurensmom
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm reading everyone...and trying to come up with something helpful....you guys are way better at this than me!

I will add that a previous poster mentioned homeschool material in the home and that is absolutely correct. I h/s my 6 year old (she was born with a severe heart defect) and we have stuff all throughout the house! We even converted our office into a school room...of course I realize that not everyone does that.

This sweet little girl has consumed my thoughts since I first got the amber alert notice :( It helps to know she is reaping rewards in heaven.

Mrs G Norris
10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
^ its pretty unusual for a father to have full custody in Australia, and since she was living with the grandmother I would assume there was a major issue there....it's even more unusual for a custodial parent to be able to take a child out of the country unless parental rights have been severed. So yes, backstory, to be sure JMO.

big4dropout
10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm with Cate. In all fairness, that pic had to have been taken in the fall because there are still leaves on the trees in the background. It was a very cold fall/winter last year, though. We had record low temps, especially up in the mountains. And everyone else is bundled up in jackets except that one other guy.

Heather31
10-14-2010, 10:46 AM
I haven't seen any comments on her fb post in february but omg feb 12 12:23pm is unbelievable. She talks about cold hearted people and then another post she talks about what a bad person michael vick is (agreed) but given her situation and knowing what she is capable of.....blows my mind!

Amster
10-14-2010, 10:49 AM
So Zahra has on a short sleeve tee, a short skirt, bare arms and legs and nearly everyone else has long sleeves and jackets???
:banghead:

That was the 1st thing I noticed!

Kamille
10-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Here is the IMVU profile she was likely using when she "met" Adam on that site. It appears she was misrepresenting her age.

http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_fairygirl6668

I also noticed a Lupus ribbon photo on her photobucket account. Is this what she's claiming to have now? I think someone mentioned many threads ago that it seemed like that was what she was talking about as this incurable disease that she now claims to have. Not being able to go out in sunlight etc.

Kamille
10-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Her twitter account...

http://twitter.com/fairygirl6668

big4dropout
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen any comments on her fb post in february but omg feb 12 12:23pm is unbelievable. She talks about cold hearted people and then another post she talks about what a bad person michael vick is (agreed) but given her situation and knowing what she is capable of.....blows my mind!

Ha, and she has another post about glass houses. I'm sure the irony would be lost on her.

Patty G
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
^ its pretty unusual for a father to have full custody in Australia, and since she was living with the grandmother I would assume there was a major issue there....it's even more unusual for a custodial parent to be able to take a child out of the country unless parental rights have been severed. So yes, backstory, to be sure JMO.

If the father is receiving money from "Centerlink", would the mother be aware of this money and would "Centerlink" share the whereabouts of the child should the mother be searching for the child?

Beagle
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I for the life of me do not understand why people who aren't interested in or loving their child don't surrender them to another family member, particularly when they lock the child in a room.

If this has been the case here why wasn't she sent back to her grandmother?

What makes them tick, it is just so beyond me to understand. It would seem Zahra was very happy living with her grandmother.

Sorry just feeling so frustrated as to why they keep their children when they don't want or care about them.

Heather31
10-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I would be so interested to hear a psyche eval on her just seeing her fb and ms. I'm no doctor or therapist but I'd be pretty comfortable saying she is straight up crazy and it's obvious she has a serious problem getting along with society. Can somebody put up a link to the father's fb, i'm not seeing it. TIA

Beagle
10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
If the father is receiving money from "Centerlink", would the mother be aware of this money and would "Centerlink" share the whereabouts of the child should the mother be searching for the child?

If the mother was searching for her and she had a legal right to know where her child was there would be legal avenues to get the information. I doubt they would disclose this information freely to someone asking for it.

pinkpuddytat
10-14-2010, 10:59 AM
BBM - link please. Thanks!

I don't have a link to where she claims to have been searching. The photo on this thread of her with a soldier is from the September 2008 article I mentioned -- link: http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2008/09/22/16341_newsphoto.html

According to at least one Australian poster here, who recalled seeing/reading media coverage of Zahra's battle with cancer, there was more than just this article. But this one has remained findable by simple Google search all this time. Anyone who spent so much as a minute searching for a little Australian girl named "Zahra Baker" at any point in the past two years would have found it.

CathyR
10-14-2010, 11:00 AM

It depends upon the FB privacy settings. If you visit only her page all you will see is her posts, none of her friends posts as you are not friends with them.

sherbetjello
Her twitter account...

http://twitter.com/fairygirl6668

Edit: I can't read dates correctly.

Wise Old Owl
I would be so interested to hear a psyche eval on her just seeing her fb and ms. I'm no doctor or therapist but I'd be pretty comfortable saying she is straight up crazy and it's obvious she has a serious problem getting along with society. Can somebody put up a link to the father's fb, i'm not seeing it. TIA
I am pretty positive that she has some severe behavioral disorders but as far as being "crazy" in the eyes of the law - nope. No way, she proved that by writing the ransom note - proof positive she knew right from wrong. I, for one, am quite glad she wrote it and then fessed up to it - THAT will go a long way in the courtroom to prove she is competent to stand trial.

passionflower
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Why would Adam leave AU so quick, marry this gal, just to get to USA???
Was he also in any trouble?
HE gave up relative, friends, job, benefits.........
why did he take Zahra with him?
He could of left her with his mom!
Why didn't they live in AU for awhile?
I'm thinking he might have a past also.
He isn't that innocent to me.
Wedding photo looks normal, then she goes thinner and GOTH.
Is he really a follower ???? Or is he wacko also???
I'd like to know more about Adam in AU..........

MrsDarcy
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Her twitter account...

http://twitter.com/fairygirl6668Ew, she follows Wil Wheaton who is one of my favorite people of all time.

Patty G
10-14-2010, 11:04 AM
If the mother was searching for her and she had a legal right to know where her child was there would be legal avenues to get the information. I doubt they would disclose this information freely to someone asking for it.

What if the father, under false pretenses, took the child and went immediatley to file for benefits as a single parent indicating he is seperated from his spouse and filing for full custody of the child, would "Centerlink" then not tell the mother any info about her child?

strawberry
10-14-2010, 11:05 AM
On AY's FB he makes comment about hoping his ex is happy now because his doctor won't refill his pain meds. I gather who he is likely referring to. I get the impression from other posts that he is or was on disability.

Who is AY? Sorry I was in class all day yesterday and can't keep up. TIA

CateH
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
This is just me, I am strange like this, but I always find that these random vague msgs (such as this one twitter post) sort of ominous about ones situations in life.

With seeing/reading that one, if I was LE, I would put a date marker on July 22nd, 2010.

That's a 4 week spread from the old house to the new house.

That one and only tweet was 7/22 of 2009, not 2010.

bellyup
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Spent this morning catching up and I'm just scratching my head about the draining of the pond turning up nothing. I thought yesterday that someone (AB or EB) had to have been talking for LE to go to that extreme. Or at least that they had reason to believe they WOULD find something there. Working all night, in the dark, in the water, etc. But now I see reports this morning that they have no specifics on where to look and they're removing dumpsters now searching for evidence ? WHAT ????? :banghead:

Weatherman, of the sheriff's office, said the lack of specifics on where to look was making the search more difficult.

"It's very hard," she said. "Especially if (someone is) buried underground or you don't know where exactly to look."

In Hickory, police again visited the Bakers' house on 21st Avenue N.W. Officers and search dogs didn't turn up anything, although investigators removed a restaurant Dumpster near the house to search it for evidence.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz12LGoVMLH

Why has there been no further mention of this glove covered in "red goo"? Surely they know by now if it was blood or not.

Why so little reporting on the house and Zhara's arrangements there?

Have they dusted the current residence to see if she was ever even there?

New comments I read this morning about hits on the wood pile and chipper say they were hits but "not conclusive".....

... I know nothing about lawn equip. but I talked to someone who does last night and they said there is NO WAY a body could go through a wood chipper without significant VISUAL evidence that it had. He said even with extensive cleaning there would be (gulp) flesh embedded in it's parts and depending on the size of the unit the body may have to be dismembered to even put it in the chipper . I also did a search on how they work and looked at images and agree that had Zhara been disposed of in that chipper LE would KNOW it. There would be significant evidence on the chipper and/or where the body was dismembered and/or someone would have spent HOURS and HOURS cleaning it off.

Why no information being dug up on this bio mother ?

:banghead: Getting frustrated with this case. Rarely do I have a feeling like this, but I think LE is running chicken. I think they have little to nothing to go on and I'm seriously starting to question if AB even knows anything :banghead:

Heather31
10-14-2010, 11:10 AM
I am pretty positive that she has some severe behavioral disorders but as far as being "crazy" in the eyes of the law - nope. No way, she proved that by writing the ransom note - proof positive she knew right from wrong. I, for one, am quite glad she wrote it and then fessed up to it - THAT will go a long way in the courtroom to prove she is competent to stand trial.

I agree 100% with you, I should have said that by crazy I'm not meaning so crazy she isn't fully aware of what she did and it being wrong, more like twisted sick b**ch. I apologize if that's not a nice way of putting it, I'm trying extra hard to keep what I'm really thinking about her to myself.:furious:

Cat99
10-14-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't have a link to where she claims to have been searching. The photo on this thread of her with a soldier is from the September 2008 article I mentioned -- link: http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2008/09/22/16341_newsphoto.html

According to at least one Australian poster here, who recalled seeing/reading media coverage of Zahra's battle with cancer, there was more than just this article. But this one has remained findable by simple Google search all this time. Anyone who spent so much as a minute searching for a little Australian girl named "Zahra Baker" at any point in the past two years would have found it.

OK, so am I to understand there are no links to her searching for Zahra for the last 5 years? I thought someone had provided the links earlier. Maybe I am just losing my mind - with all these cases lately crazy and heartbreaking :confused::furious:

passionflower
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Ew, she follows Wil Wheaton who is one of my favorite people of all time.

she likes em young! LOL

alwaysonmymind
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM

This.

IMO, she's evil. Not crazy.

I do believe she'll play the crazy card if she thinks she can benefit in any way. :twocents:

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree 100% with you, I should have said that by crazy I'm not meaning so crazy she isn't fully aware of what she did and it being wrong, more like twisted sick b**ch. I apologize if that's not a nice way of putting it, I'm trying extra hard to keep what I'm really thinking about her to myself.:furious:
I definitely understand what you were saying! I can't even bring myself to call her human - I kinda think she's a "sub-human". She is past twisted.

But I was just trying to agree with you. I sure would like to see a psych eval on her - would prove most interesting.

shopgirlnc
10-14-2010, 11:13 AM
What started out as a dark and dreary day in Hickory....now the sun just broke through...as bright as ever! Lets hope for answers today

passionflower
10-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Any search spots today? any NEW news?
Where is adam?

big4dropout
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Who is AY? Sorry I was in class all day yesterday and can't keep up. TIA

AY is EB's ex husband.

strawberry
10-14-2010, 11:16 AM
AY is EB's ex husband.

Thanks.

passionflower
10-14-2010, 11:16 AM
any pressers scheduled???

wondering if grad jury will be called to see if there is enough for an arrest on both!
Atleast abuse!!!!

Bodhi
10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Bodhi can you change your post to intials AY? thanks, just trying to help the mods out. :)

I went to bed shortly after I posted. I tried this morning, but can't see a way to edit it. Is it because too much time has passed? I've edited other posts in the past with no problem, but shortly after I posted them. Or maybe I'm having difficulty because I'm so tired.

Sorry for using the ex-husband and daughter's full names, I thought the full names were OK because the people have identified themselves and their relationships to the people directly involved in other public forums. And I thought their full names had been used here (but maybe those posts were edited later?).

TIA!

shopgirlnc
10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Any search spots today? any NEW news?
Where is adam?

Honestly, unless I drive by their Hickory home and see anything.....I pick up more news through all of you WS members than anywhere else. Our news stations out of Charlotte seem to provide the most info for updates. Havent heard a thing this morning!

Kimberlyd125
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Head is spinning from trying to catch up.
Good job being here for Zahra WSers. I pray she is found today.

Kimberlyd125
10-14-2010, 11:19 AM
I went to bed shortly after I posted. I tried this morning, but can't see a way to edit it. Is it because too much time has passed? I've edited other posts in the past with no problem, but shortly after I posted them. Or maybe I'm having difficulty because I'm so tired.

Sorry for using the ex-husband and daughter's full names, I thought the full names were OK because the people have identified themselves and their relationships to the people directly involved in other public forums. And I thought their full names had been used here (but maybe those posts were edited later?).

TIA!

I think you have an hour to edit. After that, at mod has to do it.
If it's still there, you can PM a mod and they can help you.

ETA: But I think you have to have 50 posts to PM.

big4dropout
10-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Honestly, unless I drive by their Hickory home and see anything.....I pick up more news through all of you WS members than anywhere else. Our news stations out of Charlotte seem to provide the most info for updates. Havent heard a thing this morning!

Same here!

I spoke to a friend yesterday who lives in the neighborhood with the pond and even she didn't have anything new to tell me.

passionflower
10-14-2010, 11:20 AM
AY is EB's ex husband.

How many times was she married?
Procter ( 4 children)
Young (no children?)
Baker (ZAHRA)

Is her maiden name Fairchild?

Does EB have a past with LE before this?

Sister said last night on NG that family tried to get her help but she was over 18 and it didn't stick.
Does that mean hospitalized for bi-polar or another mental/emotional problem?

Kamille
10-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Another myspace account set up when she lived in Hudson with AY. Again misrepresenting her age and leaving off that last number in her birth date.

http://www.myspace.com/gothicfairygirl666

Patty G
10-14-2010, 11:24 AM
IMO, I am beginning to feel that the story about the bio-mom not seeing Zahra since the child was 8 months old and the other story about the mom searching for 5 years and only finding out that Adam remarried and moved to the USA with Zahra is coming from either Adam and/or Elisa or perhaps from Elisa's immediate family based on what Adam/Elisa told them.

Until Zahra's mother comes forward, I am beginning to cast doubt on the story about the stories reported.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Another myspace account set up when she lived in Hudson with AY. Again misrepresenting her age and leaving off that last number in her birth date.

BBM

Oh really? Her birthdate is 6/6/68 - if you leave the last number off you get

6 6 6 - OMG this woman is pure evil and seems she has been for years.

Oh how I wish I could have just 5 minutes alone with her in a closed room!!!

strawberry
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
BBM

Oh really? Her birthdate is 6/6/68 - if you leave the last number off you get

6 6 6 - OMG this woman is pure evil and seems she has been for years.

Oh how I wish I could have just 5 minutes alone with her in a closed room!!!

They better get a search warrant to check under her hair. Isn't that where Damien's 666 was?

bellyup
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
How many times was she married?
Procter ( 4 children)
Young (no children?)
Baker (ZAHRA)

Is her maiden name Fairchild?

Does EB have a past with LE before this?

Sister said last night on NG that family tried to get her help but she was over 18 and it didn't stick.
Does that mean hospitalized for bi-polar or another mental/emotional problem?

Yes, her maiden name is Fairchild.

Does anyone know why we concluded that AY was an exhusband of EB's? I can't find anything other than him stating he was BS's stepdad that indicates he was married to EB.

AY posted the following "And the bad thing is she (Zhara) always loved her stepmom, she wouldnt let anyone say any-thing bad about her stepmom around her, SO SAD!"

shopgirlnc
10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

the latest on wsoc, just updated within the last few minutes

sherbetjello
10-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe it's possible to sleuth up some specific times/dates today? I will try my best to do some research as well (my cat passed away last night, so I am in and out of bawling), but I know our Astros are looking for specifics.

Trying to find the exact date of when Zahra was last seen (this might find a time/date per the picture of Zahra that was posting online on a family members account). And, hopefully, the day/time the inspector came out. If possible, the day she left Australia for the states.

If anyone bumps across this information, could you please direct it to the Astros?

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.)

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Sherbet.....Hugs.

bellyup
10-14-2010, 11:35 AM

"Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.

Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators."

:banghead: I'm banging my head a lot today. Now AB is 100 % cooperative?

And they HAVE confirmed that she moved there with them as was alive as recently as mid Sept. Hmmmm. This puts a different spin on things.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote from the article:

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators

This makes absolutely no sense. First he's cooperating, yesterday he wasn't cooperating, now today he has been 100% cooperative. I don't get it. Which is it?

darlin gal
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe it's possible to sleuth up some specific times/dates today? I will try my best to do some research as well (my cat passed away last night, so I am in and out of bawling), but I know our Astros are looking for specifics.

Trying to find the exact date of when Zahra was last seen (this might find a time/date per the picture of Zahra that was posting online on a family members account). And, hopefully, the day/time the inspector came out. If possible, the day she left Australia for the states.

If anyone bumps across this information, could you please direct it to the Astros?

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.)

Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker (http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25355061/detail.html), did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants but those court documents have been sealed by a judge.

westsidefox64
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM

Does anyone know why we concluded that AY was an exhusband of EB's? I can't find anything other than him stating he was BS's stepdad that indicates he was married to EB.

AY posted the following "And the bad thing is she (Zhara) always loved her stepmom, she wouldnt let anyone say any-thing bad about her stepmom around her, SO SAD!"

abused children and adults for that matter often stick up for the abuser trying to please them.:sick:

wfgodot
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I think it's a mistake to think of EB as being some sort of monster, less than human. It underestimates the negative potential we each of us have within ourselves. That we do not go down the particular road we feel that she has trod is not only a matter of choice on our part, but also a matter of circumstance, and of fate - though it frightens us to recognize it as such; which, I think, is the real reason for our wishing her to be made of stuff other than that of which we are also made.

Prayers for Zahra. Prayers for us all.

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote from the article:

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators

This makes absolutely no sense. First he's cooperating, yesterday he wasn't cooperating, now today he has been 100% cooperative. I don't get it. Which is it?

I think it's due to the way they update the articles. They don't always take out the "old news"....they just add the new. KWIM? :banghead:

darlin gal
10-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote from the article:

I think he is cooperating. How sincere or truthful he is being when cooperating is what police have said they have issue with. JMO

I can cooperate by taking an oral exam or give an interview where questions are asked, but can also lie or guess at the answers.
Make sense?

kwatmac
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM

bolded by me!

Actually, competence to stand trial is separate from a defendant's competence at the time of the offence. Competency to stand trial only refers to whether they possess the ability to understand and rationally take part in the trail and comprehend the charges against them.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Yea I guess you're right. Yesterday LE said they didn't believe him. So, I guess that would techniclly mean he is cooperating just not be truthful.

ella971
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Why would some search warrants be sealed and others not?

bellyup
10-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote from the article:

I honestly think he's been cooperating the entire time. The reports of him being with police at the scene during them searching the wood chipper, mulch pile, and pond indicated that he was cooperating to me. If he wasn't LE wouldn't have allowed / kept him out there.

There was only one report I saw that indicated in any way that AB wasn't working with LE . It quoted a specific officer (I think from a different county) and indicated HE (that specific officer) didn't believe him .... and the media outlet ran it as he wasn't cooperating. All other reports I've seen say he is.

shopgirlnc
10-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I think it's due to the way they update the articles. They don't always take out the "old news"....they just add the new. KWIM? :banghead:

I may be mistaken, but wasnt it Burke County LE that said he wasnt being fully cooperative? The fact that he is now being 100% cooperative is probably coming from Hickory Police Dept.

JoeFromLB
10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Zahra Baker Case: Frustration at Alleged Abuse Boils Over
Cops Say Husband Now Uncooperative, Friend Claims Extended Family Called Social Services About Abuse

AB now "uncooperative", is he?! Well, these are veteran detectives, and I'm sure they'll lean on him to just the right degree. He'll crack, eventually. They all do.

Wise Old Owl
Actually, competence to stand trial is separate from a defendant's competence at the time of the offence. Competency to stand trial only referes to whether they possess the ability to understand and rationally take part in the trail and comprehend the charges against them.
But writing a fake ransom note around the time of the crime proves knowledge of right from wrong in the fact she was trying to deflect and knew that whatever happened was wrong. Then admitting that she did write it goes even further.

tehcloser
I honestly think he's been cooperating the entire time. The reports of him being with police at the scene during them searching the wood chipper, mulch pile, and pond indicated that he was cooperating to me. If he wasn't LE wouldn't have allowed / kept him out there.

There was only one report I saw that indicated in any way that AB wasn't working with LE . It quoted a specific officer and indicated HE (that specific officer) didn't believe him .... and the media outlet ran it as he wasn't cooperating. All other reports I've seen say he is.

Yeah, but the quote was from the SHERIFF himself. I kinda believe him.

Savmom
10-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to:

Was AB in court when EB made her appearance?

darlin gal

It could be those search warrants hold details they don't want made public because doing so could comprise their investigation @ this time.

tehcloser
"He seems concerned. I don't know how sincere his concern is," Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said Wednesday as investigators continued to search for any sign of Zahra's remains. When asked if he believed Adam Baker, McDevitt said, "I don't."

darlin gal
10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to:

Was AB in court when EB made her appearance?

No, IIRC no one from her family was there.

CathyR
10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
There was another case where the body was disposed of in a wood chipper. The chipper itself was clean as the wood "cleaned" up any human debris. After chipping up his wife he chipped a bunch of wood. The investigators did find bone fragments at the site close to a river or pond. I entered Wood Chipper Murder and the victim was named Helle Crafts. The 15 page article lists numerous pieces of evidence found but fails to mention any, if any was found ,human remains in the chipper itself.

Bodhi
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Good question. We don't know that he was actually married to Elisa. I think I concluded that because he refers to her as his ex and her daughter as his step-daughter. He also says EB's granddaughter still refers to him as Pawpaw. But they may never have been actually married.

Very confusing! Someone posted earlier about a what the unusual relationships. The photo of Zahra on AY's FB page looks to be from a birthday party. I assumed it was for B (Elisa's daughter and his step-daughter), so it would seem nice that AY would include B's new step-sister at her birthday party. But the way she is hugging him and his comments about her seem like there was a lot of ongoing contact.

Kimberlyd125
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
But writing a fake ransom note around the time of the crime proves knowledge of right from wrong in the fact she was trying to deflect and knew that whatever happened was wrong. Then admitting that she did write it goes even further.

ITA with this.

ella971
10-14-2010, 11:47 AM
There was another case where the body was disposed of in a wood chipper. The chipper itself was clean as the wood "cleaned" up any human debris. After chipping up his wife he chipped a bunch of wood. The investigators did find bone fragments at the site close to a river or pond. I entered Wood Chipper Murder and the victim was named Helle Crafts. The 15 page article lists numerous pieces of evidence found but fails to mention any, if any was found ,human remains in the chipper itself.

I remember that case. They found one of her teeth?

passionflower
10-14-2010, 11:47 AM

This one was scarey to me...........

bellyup
10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, but the quote was from the SHERIFF himself. I kinda believe him.

Found the exact quote .... I guess it's somewhat subjective. Some officers are going to doubt more than others depending on what they hear from AB. I do think the fact that he's been out there with them indicates that he's cooperating on some level. Otherwise, they'd kick him out.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker...ry?id=11877535

Mandy113
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I popped in this morning hoping for some news of Zahra. Thanks for the latest news link.

Honestly, I don't really care how much AB is cooperating with LE now. Where was he when his daughter needed his care and protection? With all these reports that have come out, including the ones about EB as a drug user & dealer ... you can't convince me he didn't know what was going on in that house.

I'll go back to lurking now. Prayers for that beautiful little girl who endured so much in life. I hope she's running & singing & playing with animals somewhere beautiful now.

darlin gal
Podcast of a radio show: Former F-B-I agent Brad Garrett on the Zahra Baker case.
His discussion starts @ around 3:40 or so.
http://bradbrittshow.blogspot.com/2010/10/hour-3-101410.html

passionflower
Quote from the article:

Maybe LE put the HEAT on him!!! Like cooperate and you will get less time?
or we will let you go back to AU if you co operate????
Maybe adam will tell all if pressured????

kwatmac
10-14-2010, 11:50 AM

Correct! I was merely pointing out that that proves competency at the time of the offence, not competency to stand trial :)

Bodhi
Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker (http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25355061/detail.html), did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants but those court documents have been sealed by a judge.

Thanks for the update, darlin gal! I'm glad to hear LE has been able to narrow down the window of time. Hope it helps them focus the investigation and leads to a crime scene.

darlin gal
.Police said they have searched four different properties in Caldwell County where the family lived and plan on looking at those properties possibly again Thursday.

shopgirlnc
10-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Found the exact quote .... I guess it's somewhat subjective. Some officers are going to doubt more than others depending on what they hear from AB. I do think the fact that he's been out there with them indicates that he's cooperating on some level. Otherwise, they'd kick him out.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker...ry?id=11877535

I agree...you have several small county LE agencies working together to find her....and I think some of their opinions are going to differ and the way they handle these situations differ as well

impatientredhead
"Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid September.

Police are still working to narrow their timeline since the 10-year-old disabled girl went missing.

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators."

:banghead: I'm banging my head a lot today. Now AB is 100 % cooperative?

And they HAVE confirmed that she moved there with them as was alive as recently as mid Sept. Hmmmm. This puts a different spin on things.

mid september is still a month ago, doesn't change much for me at all, the neighbors have never seen the girl

Savmom
No, IIRC no one from her family was there.

Thank you!

Odd, but maybe they are distancing themselves from the nightmare?

Just thinking about Zahra makes me :( :sick::banghead:

Shutterfly
10-14-2010, 11:52 AM
The news came at lightning speed. Now it's as if someone sealed a vault. The calm before the storm? I think I hear a bus coming. It's headed for the intersection. I think EB is going to shove AB under it. Imagine how p*ssed off someone with EB's temper must be at being confined to a cell while AB roams freely about. Remember how she says on her Myspace that everyone is out to get her? She's got to think he's rolling over on her, even if he's not, because she's in jail and he's free.
JMO

Hopeful One
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM

TIA!

I don't believe you HAVE to use initials, it's just kind of a favor so protect WS. Someone explained it to me yesterday and I can't remember the exact reasoning (because I've nearly lost my mind) but it made sense. Obviously, if it's a minor or someone not yet in the public/media, we have to use initials. Sorry I'm not much help. :crazy:

Savmom
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
From the article referenced above (http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html):

Police also told Channel 9 that they have more search warrants, but those court documents have been sealed by a judge. They have confirmed those documents involve searches of computer and phone records.

Man I wish we could see those search results!

impatientredhead
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM

some of the items listed in the warrant as item LE is looking for may have not been found yet, bio dad and who knows else is still out and about, so it would not be in the benefit of the investigators to tell the world what they are looking for but have not found

Cat99
10-14-2010, 11:56 AM
IMO, I am beginning to feel that the story about the bio-mom not seeing Zahra since the child was 8 months old and the other story about the mom searching for 5 years and only finding out that Adam remarried and moved to the USA with Zahra is coming from either Adam and/or Elisa or perhaps from Elisa's immediate family based on what Adam/Elisa told them.

Until Zahra's mother comes forward, I am beginning to cast doubt on the story about the stories reported.

This is the only link I can find where the bio-mom "speaks"

snipped: "Zahras mother spoke out that she has been searching for her for 5 years, and that she just found out last week her ex-husband was remarried and in North Carolina"

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/charlotte/631393/case-of-missing-girl-turns-into-homicide-investigation

But I don't know where she "spoke out" at - I cant find anything with a direct quote - IDK - just am trying to figure out why she could not find her. I hate that this child ended up here and with this fate at the hands of evil!:furious:

JoeFromLB
10-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I popped in this morning hoping for some news of Zahra. Thanks for the latest news link.

Honestly, I don't really care how much AB is cooperating with LE now. Where was he when his daughter needed his care and protection? With all these reports that have come out, including the ones about EB as a drug user & dealer ... you can't convince me he didn't know what was going on in that house.

I'll go back to lurking now. Prayers for that beautiful little girl who endured so much in life. I hope she's running & singing & playing with animals somewhere beautiful now.

My thoughts exactly! Whether he's "cooperating" or not is irrelevant. He's in this up to his eyeballs. I expect both of them at some point to lawyer up and say nothing. If there's enough evidence to convict EB, she'll go full insanity defense, or claim it was an accident and she and AB panicked and disposed of the body.

I don't expect her ever to accept responsibility...my own opinion.

Virgogalsue
10-14-2010, 11:59 AM
SM's Hi5 profile!

http://www.hi5.com/friend/p333533695--Profile--html

Bodhi
10-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I think you have an hour to edit. After that, at mod has to do it.
If it's still there, you can PM a mod and they can help you.

ETA: But I think you have to have 50 posts to PM.

Thank you for the information! I don't have 50 posts yet. Could someone PM the mods for me. I appreciate the rules that WS has; that's why I am on this forum. I don't want my post to violate the rules.

the seeker
10-14-2010, 12:01 PM

She sure likes to claim that she is "26" years old.....its the second place Ive seen that she does this.

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Thank you for the information! I don't have 50 posts yet. Could someone PM the mods for me. I appreciate the rules that WS has; that's why I am on this forum. I don't want my post to violate the rules.

Hey Bod, you can also report your own post ...lol. I've had to do that a few times, just tell them what needs changed.

Paintr
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
So when did Zahra actually die? The day/night of the mulch fire in the yard? Several days earlier? As early as mid September? Just how long could the Bakers (if responsible) hide the dead body of a 10 year old child? And where? In the house? In one of the cars? Under the mulch in the backyard? :waitasec:

If EB acted alone, just how long could she hide Zahra's body from her father?

JoeFromLB
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
The news came at lightning speed. Now it's as if someone sealed a vault. The calm before the storm? I think I hear a bus coming. It's headed for the intersection. I think EB is going to shove AB under it. Imagine how p*ssed off someone with EB's temper must be at being confined to a cell while AB roams freely about. Remember how she says on her Myspace that everyone is out to get her? She's got to think he's rolling over on her, even if he's not, because she's in jail and he's free.
JMO

Interesting thoughts. I wonder now if LE is putting out seemingly conflicting accounts of his "cooperation" in order to rattle her cage, confuse her. She must have some access to public information about the ongoing search. She's probably peppering her lawyer with all sorts of questions, trying to figure out how to get out of this.

impatientredhead
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM
My thoughts exactly! Whether he's "cooperating" or not is irrelevant. He's in this up to his eyeballs. I expect both of them at some point to lawyer up and say nothing. If there's enough evidence to convict EB, she'll go full insanity defense, or claim it was an accident and she and AB panicked and disposed of the body.

I don't expect her ever to accept responsibility...my own opinion.

I think we will see a battered wife defense.
We have already seen pics of her with a black eye, seen the physical transformation in a short amount of time, clearly we are not expecting a body that a cause of death can be determined, so that goes right to a he said she said of who killed her.

The police are searching for the body at HIS jobsite.
He supposedly made the fire phone call.
He supposedly made the missing girl phone call.

He better be doing his best to move this investigation along and secure a deal upfront because if that body went through a wood chipper I see a real problem with him explaining how she killed the child and wood chipped her body. It would be a real problem for me.

impatientredhead
10-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Interesting thoughts. I wonder now if LE is putting out seemingly conflicting accounts of his "cooperation" in order to rattle her cage, confuse her. She must have some access to public information about the ongoing search. She's probably peppering her lawyer with all sorts of questions, trying to figure out how to get out of this.

they may be playing mind games with him as well, an officer on camera saying he does not believe biodad is huge, that was to send a message... and the next day we are back to 100% cooperative

I think that was a message for biodad more than the public

Fyrecat
It makes sense that dad is cooperating. He now is 'free' of the abuse. He wants to be the 'good guy' again. He's afraid they will arrest him, and he'll go to jail. On some level, he probably is genuinely remorseful and sorry and sad. The 'spell is broken' with the abuser, and he is now 'safe' with law enforcement. He is going to 'help'.
Does he know what happened or where the child is? If he did, he mighht by now have said something. Then again, in the words of a great defense attorney 'never, never admit anything!!!!'

I believe that dad may have even convinced himself that he had nothing to do with it, even if he did. It's amazing how the mind works.

I believe if they promised him he'd do no jail time, and signed a contract to that fact if he did know, he'd say something.

belimom
First, I apologize if this theory has been posted - we're moving and I've missed a whole day of posts...

I have a terrible theory here (not for the fainthearted).

- she was killed somehow by stepmom (the taser gun really scares me and may come into play here?)
- glove found by neighbor with gooey stuff inside of it: I think they then had to get rid of her in such a way that wasn't traceable. Hence, a glove used when dismembering (oh dear God - can't believe I wrote that), removing soft tissue. :( When finished, the glove was turned inside out when pulling it off, and that somehow preserved the "goo" on the inside.
- scent in both cars b/c they both transported (parts of) her
--father: bones to work, and put in machine... :(
--stepmom: soft tissue went elsewhere (body of water?)

Okay, I pray that this is not what happened. Just thinking of the above scenario is totally disgusting, but writing it out was even worse. I cannot fathom someone being so dark and evil as to do something like what I described. But I guess if they have already killed her and need to save their own selves, then they would go to whatever lengths possible, especially if they've had some time to do it before staging the note, etc. If they find her, I hope and pray that her body is at least in one piece (the pond near the work place is a good bet). :cry:

I also think it's possible that just because no one has seen her in over a month doesn't mean that she wasn't kept in her room for the past month. The timeline really is up in the air.

And I did hug my kids tighter last night and today, as this case is really getting me... similar to many others where parents do the unspeakable.

ETA: Has anyone else thought that something this terrible could have happened? Sometimes I wonder why I hang out on here, when cases/thoughts like this keep me up at night... :(

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not even close to being ready to believe that Adam was abused.

the seeker
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if police have searched thier previous residence? I have a feeling Z never made the move with them....

sadnpod
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Sherbet.. so sorry about your kitty... ((hugs))

passionflower
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
is the weather getting better?
http://bradbrittshow.blogspot.com/2010/10/hour-3-101410.html
said dark and gloomy, rain

FBI Brad Garrett:

number of red flags before Zahra was reported missing
Verbal and physical abuse
no one seen Zahra in weeks
Points allot to SM
SM is someone who has anger and rage to Zahra
Blended families and baggage
Child was a positive, and SM resented that
DDS quality........debateable
3 visits to see anything or prove the allegation.......need proof
DDS allowed to clam up? LE and the courts will know.
SM seems involved.
Ransom note is a bigger flag and reports of abuse.
LE has to suppress emotions and keep investigating.
Very hard to do.

JoeFromLB
10-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I also think it's possible that just because no one has seen her in over a month doesn't mean that she wasn't kept in her room for the past month. The timeline really is up in the air.

That's what makes the timeline quest so frustrating. She could have been in that house of horrors all that time.

belimom
10-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Feeling nauseated after posting my theory above. I guess the main things that started that train of thought were the glove, scent in both cars, scent at the dad's work, and the machines at his work...

Kat
10-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Good morning (it's just shy of 6 am here) checking in for Zahra.

my :twocents: on the change in wording about AB being cooperative or not cooperative.

I, personally, hold off on forming an opinion or changing my mind as reports change in the MSM about a person associated or a POI or suspect and etc. related to a criminal case.

Here's why.

Many of us here have seen (for instance in high profile cases like Caylee, Haleigh, Sandra, Sylar...etc) that as the investigation develops and especially this early into the investigation that reports can not only vary but change daily and sometimes several times within a day.

This is where I have to actively read.

I read:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=221534&catid=28
posted yesterday to internet

snip:

McDevitt confirmed that Adam Baker was on site with investigators.

He characterized his behavior as "not exactly cooperative," adding that, in his opinion, Baker is not being truthful.

Then I read:
Updated: 11:38 am EDT October 14, 2010

snip:

Police said that the father, Adam Baker, has been 100 percent cooperative and has spent the majority of his time with investigators.

First quote directly from Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt, second quote attributed to "police".

Okay...

That tells me I need to wait until there is a report that either says McDevitt on it or has another officials name.

JMHO on all that jazz :)

(another thought) added to this post: wfgodot pointed out that we need to be cautious in naming SM as monster. I agree. Another member here quoted a few lines for an Auden poem several threads back and it and what wfgodot has said are very important to consider and make this even more horrifying.

Evil is mundane. Every time we walk outside of our homes we stare evil in the face. We just don't realize it most of the time. Evil sits at our tables and eats with us, it sometimes shares our beds, sometimes it stares us back when we look in the mirror. It's common, it's ordinary and it's nothing special. The fine line is 99% of us wouldn't be involved in something like this crime. But that remaining 1% you can't look at them and tell they would honestly IMHO. SM is nothing special. We see women murder children every single day. We see couples dispose of children's bodies in such a way those children are never found. We have no clue what they've done to those children other than murder them.

Anyway, Sorry for the long post! Praying that Zahra is found quickly and soon.

Fyrecat
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't believe that SM is a battered woman, but could see her using that as a defense.
I believe she abused and used brainwashing techniques on dad. In order to 'survive' he emotionally bonded to SM. This left the helpless child out there without anyone.

majikposhun
10-14-2010, 12:18 PM
from www.wsoctv.com/news noon newscast.....A large number of searchers are heading back to the area of the woodpile including, Burke, Caldwell Co. SBI and FBI. Reporter said it would be a large scale search effort.

darlin gal
10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know if police have searched thier previous residence? I have a feeling Z never made the move with them....

They said this morning they know she made the move with them and that the timeline they are working on now, she was last seen "independent" of immediate family, mid-September. Which is about a month ago.

HICKORY, N.C. -- Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker (http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/25355061/detail.html), did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills in Caldwell County and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid-September.

Police said they have searched four properties in Caldwell County where the family lived and plan on looking at those properties possibly again Thursday.

Oriah
Good morning (it's just shy of 6 am here) checking in for Zahra.

my :twocents: on the change in wording about AB being cooperative or not cooperative.

I, personally, hold off on forming an opinion or changing my mind as reports change in the MSM about a person associated or a POI or suspect and etc. related to a criminal case.

Here's why.

Many of us here have seen (for instance in high profile cases like Caylee, Haleigh, Sandra, Sylar...etc) that as the investigation develops and especially this early into the investigation that reports can not only vary but change daily and sometimes several times within a day.

This is where I have to actively read.

I read:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=221534&catid=28
posted yesterday to internet

snip:

Then I read:
Updated: 11:38 am EDT October 14, 2010

snip:

First quote directly from Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt, second quote attributed to "police".

Okay...

That tells me I need to wait until there is a report that either says McDevitt on it or has another officials name.

JMHO on all that jazz :)

(another thought) added to this post: wfgodot pointed out that we need to be cautious in naming SM as monster. I agree. Another member here quoted a few lines for an Auden poem several threads back and it and what wfgodot has said are very important to consider and make this even more horrifying.

Evil is mundane. Every time we walk outside of our homes we stare evil in the face. We just don't realize it most of the time. Evil sits at our tables and eats with us, it sometimes shares our beds, sometimes it stares us back when we look in the mirror. It's common, it's ordinary and it's nothing special. The fine line is 99% of us wouldn't be involved in something like this crime. But that remaining 1% you can't look at them and tell they would honestly IMHO. SM is nothing special. We see women murder children every single day. We see couples dispose of children's bodies in such a way those children are never found. We have no clue what they've done to those children other than murder them.Anyway, Sorry for the long post! Praying that Zahra is found quickly and soon.

BBM, if that isn't about as true as it gets, I don't know what is. :(

tehcloser
I don't believe that SM is a battered woman, but could see her using that as a defense.
I believe she abused and used brainwashing techniques on dad. In order to 'survive' he emotionally bonded to SM. This left the helpless child out there without anyone.

I totally disagree. I think he is just as evil as she is. And Oh how I wish his myspace was public.

hollye
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Early on there were posts about EB having 2 daughter/stepdaughters with the same 1st name, though spelled differently. One is BS (is she a bio daughter) and who is the other? Can anyone recall or was it determined that that was actually not the case?

Soul125
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
from www.wsoctv.com/news noon newscast.....A large number of searchers are heading back to the area of the woodpile including, Burke, Caldwell Co. SBI and FBI. Reporter said it would be a large scale search effort.

Bless them for their relentless search efforts to recover this girl. I couldn't imagine returning over and over again like this not knowing what you will find.

bellyup
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm going to go against popular thought here.

I don't think Adam knows what happened to Zhara or where her body is.

We have reports that Adam wasn't very bright, that he worked long hours (lots of landscapers do), that he didn't see Zhara very often because she was often in bed when he'd get home, and that EB was very controlling. We have family saying that it seemed Zhara loved EB. We have reports that EB hid her hand injury from AB because he would have been furious if he knew she hit Zhara. We have pictures that show family gatherings, time with cousins, new babies, birthday parties, vacations, etc.

Stay with me here.

We had neighbors once who had a little boy. We lived in an apartment so it was EASY to hear just about everything that happened over there. The mother was a freaking MONSTER. She was crazy, on drugs, yelling all the time, abusive (verbally and physically) to the son, had men coming and going at all hours, would have the same clothes on and be unwashed for a day or two. But when dad was around (which wasn't often - he worked 2 jobs) ... it was COMPLETELY different. We always knew when he was going to be there because we'd hear her cleaning all day and then she'd get showered and sit outside with the little boy playing nearby. She'd dote on the son and cater to her husband. It was CRAZY to watch. She'd explain away bruises with stories most would believe. And yes, we called CPS MANY times but her act was so good ... they would even fall for it. She ended up getting really controlling and abusive with the DAD after 2 years and was finally arrested on drug charges so he woke up and left her. But I still do not think that he realizes what their little one hand to endure. I don't think he has any clue whatsoever. He probably had many red flags that indicated she was a little whacked but he has no idea the extent of it.

That mother easily could have killed that child and that father wouldn't have known anything. Thankfully that was one case that had a good ending... but sometimes people have their heads up their butts and I think that's the case with AB . :furious:

sadnpod
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Feeling nauseated after posting my theory above. I guess the main things that started that train of thought were the glove, scent in both cars, scent at the dad's work, and the machines at his work...

Hi Beli... Im with you feeling nauseated. I had the same train of thought, and its making me ill..

nice to see you, but sadly, its always something horrid :(

I keep telling myself that the chipper was used for her leg.. only her leg. This is the most disturbing case I have ever heard.:furious:

darlin gal
Early on there were posts about EB having 2 daughter/stepdaughters with the same 1st name, though spelled differently. One is BS (is she a bio daughter) and who is the other? Can anyone recall or was it determined that that was actually not the case?

She has two daughters. One has the initials BS first name Brittney.

There is also another Brittney (BS initials also) that is married/separated from EB's nephew.

Fyrecat
Sherbet.. so sorry about your kitty... ((hugs))
Myself as well. My cats are my children, and we love them. May kitty bound across rainbow bridge and be enjoying a good snack and some catnip there!

Juno
10-14-2010, 12:25 PM

There has got to be a reason they keep going back there!!! Someone has been talking or some trace evidence has been confirmed, I HOPE.

Oh and Belimom...don't feel bad for posting the thoughts some of us already had in our heads about what happened to this precious child. Your post was very well written and I am following your train of thought. Hugs!

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1282

nuff said.

impatientredhead
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM

Or he is a POS that is attracted to his own type.

That he is the type of man that runs a young woman with an infant in her car off the road.

That he let his disabled and cancer surviving daughter be tortured by some chick he was bangin'.

That he was the type of man that moved said daughter after CPS came to see what his wife was doing to said daughter.

That he is the type of man who has LE at his job site looking for forensics in a WOODCHIPPER.

..... or maybe he is a brainwashed victim of abuse, you could almost convince me

when hell freezes over

(Just my opinion, not intended as an attack at all)

lonetraveler
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss. Pets are loved like little furry children.

belimom
10-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Beli... Im with you feeling nauseated. I had the same train of thought, and its making me ill..

I keep telling myself that the chipper was used for her leg.. only her leg. This is the most disturbing case I have ever heard.:furious:

Good to see you, sad... Missed posting/sleuthing with you! Yes, horrid is correct. I think this case is one of the worst... this and Shaniya, although I do believe little Shaniya's hell was shorter lived than poor Zahra's abuse with her stepmom.

It's all tragic...

hollye
10-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Looks like EB's MySpace has been taken down. I get an error that says it can't be found any longer.

Kat
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM

nuff said.

<snort> yup sums it up for me.

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Looks like EB's MySpace has been taken down. I get an error that says it can't be found any longer.

I've been surprised it stayed up as long as it had.

darlin gal
10-14-2010, 12:32 PM

If enough people report/complain on content/page, myspace will remove it. Or else LE/FBI had myspace pull it.

http://www.myspace.com/gothicfairy6668

passionflower
10-14-2010, 12:33 PM

IIRC, BLOOD was found in chipper and on wood chips...........I think her little body was in the chipper and maybe got stuck and second chipper had to be used......glove to clean gooy mess out of chipper.........trees don't jam up because they have no blood, hair etc to jam the machine.........JMOO
Could his get any groser?
I really hope it is not true.
I really hope Zahra is found in 1 piece.
Poor child is a victim of 2 evil parents that fed off each other IMO :banghead:
:furious:

tehcloser
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM
IIRC, BLOOD was found in chipper and on wood chips...........I think her little body was in the chipper and maybe got stuck and second chipper had to be used......glove to clean gooy mess out of chipper.........trees don't jam up because they have no blood, hair etc to jam the machine.........JMOO

bbm

ITA

nobodyspecial
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.).

I'm so sorry about your kitty. Hugs for you.

JoeFromLB
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM

nuff said.

LOL. Picture paints a thousand words...

Shutterfly
Check this out....I thought I heard it on the re-broadcast of Nancy Grace at 1am this morning, but I wanted to find it in the transcript first. What do you think of this?

*snipped
LANCE: Well, Nancy, this started out as a missing person investigation. And then it turned into a homicide investigation. They are looking for a body. Police do not believe that Zahra is still alive.

They have not named a suspect, but they have persons of interest. They have not ruled anybody out as a person of interest. That includes the stepmother as well as the father, and the stepmother had her first appearance in court today for an obstruction of justice charge for that fake ransom note that she wrote and left on the family vehicle.

Also on the narrative of the arrest affidavit, it says for reporting an abduction of her stepdaughter Zahra which leads us to believe that she may have had knowledge before she reported Zahra missing that she was already deceased."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/13/ng.01.html

hollye
She has two daughters. One has the initials BS first name Brittney.

There is also another Brittney (BS initials also) that is married/separated from EB's nephew.

The outspoken one is married to/separated from the nephew, correct?

karen7868
10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
First, I apologize if this theory has been posted - we're moving and I've missed a whole day of posts...

ETA: Has anyone else thought that something this terrible could have happened? Sometimes I wonder why I hang out on here, when cases/thoughts like this keep me up at night... :(

I'm right there with you belimom. These cases intrigue me because I guess I just can't wrap my mind around how someone can be so evil.

I am just getting to jump on here (lunchtime @ wk) & haven't had a chance to read all threads, so please forgive me fellow WB's if these things have already been discussed.

So here's my twocents: and questions:

1) Would AB & SM have been drawing a disability check on Zahra?

2) Has anyone seen AB's myspace acct? http://www.myspace.com/adam1802000 (I noticed his profile is now set to private, but last login was this past Sunday 10/10 & he states his mood as "annoyed"

3) Anyone notice how weight SM has lost in the 2 yrs. they have been together (comparing wedding photo on AB's myspace to current pics)?
Makes me think drugs.

4) Do you think the gasoline in the vehicles was caused by spilling out of the containers and the gas was purchased to start the lawn fire at around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday?

5) Does anyone know who called the FD?

6) Since a caller on NG last night stated that a prosthetic cannot be put in a woodchipper, is there a possibility it's in the landfill or that is what they were burning?

7) Did AB have custody of Zahra when he met SM online, or did the grandmother and SM conned AB into getting Zahra in order for sympathy, money, and a reason to not have to work.

IMO, the LE is keeping AB around in order to give him enough rope to hang himself.

Sorry this post is so long, but it has me fuming.:furious:

eleni777

ITA...step-monster may have beat her to death, but daddy-dearest did nothing to stop step-monster and then disposed of her body via the woodchipper at HIS JOB...:puke:

PMLsmom
Sorry if a repeat...Here is a cached page for "Deep Realm" whatever that is...Monster has two friends there. Can't go any deeper here at work...Can anyone find out further? TIA

ETA: This was posted a bizillion pages ago...Thanks :)

salvarenga
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
IMO, AB is involved and more so if it comes out that a wood chipper is involved some how. I look at it like who would be most comfortable using the wood chipper, AB or EB? AB, definitely.

Because of the amount of damage those things can do, I would bet that it's not as simple as just flipping a switch and the thing turns on. Wood Chippers are his comfort zone not EB.

nobodyspecial
10-14-2010, 12:40 PM

nuff said.

Epitome of innocence.

/sarcasm

PMLsmom
10-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Also a "flixter" acct...Under Elesa Young name...one friend there...

http://www.flixster.com/user/fairygirl6668

Kamille
10-14-2010, 12:41 PM
SM's Hi5 profile!

http://www.hi5.com/friend/p333533695--Profile--html

Good view of the tatoos in the profile picture on that account.

Bodhi
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't believe you HAVE to use initials, it's just kind of a favor so protect WS. Someone explained it to me yesterday and I can't remember the exact reasoning (because I've nearly lost my mind) but it made sense. Obviously, if it's a minor or someone not yet in the public/media, we have to use initials. Sorry I'm not much help. :crazy:

Thanks, Shamrock, that was helpful!

bellyup
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM

I haven't seen ANY reports of BLOOD being found in a chipper and on wood chips. The report is that cadaver dogs "hit" on those items. There are also reports that the dogs have hit in numerous places (beside the two family cars) but none of the hits are "conclusive".

The only BLOOD mentioned was two samples taken from the cars of POSSIBLE blood and a glove found with "red goo" on it by a neighbor.

GingerRed
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Sorry if a repeat...Here is a cached page for "Deep Realm" whatever that is...Monster has two friends there. Can't go any deeper here at work...Can anyone find out further? TIA

I didn't find much to be seen there. Here two online friends there have a lot of friends (one over 700 and the other in the 1000's).

Kamille
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
I've been surprised it stayed up as long as it had.

I'd have to believe her lawyer got it taken down considering all the negative press it was getting.

nobodyspecial
10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Also a "flixter" acct...Under Elesa Young name...one friend there...

http://www.flixster.com/user/fairygirl6668

I'm going to need a moment. I'd say it has to be someone else but the username is consistent....

hollye

There wasn't anything on the page. It was created and last accessed on the same day.

bevichan
I keep coming back hoping to read they've found our beautiful Zahra. I can not believe how horrible this is turning out. Just the thought of a wood chipper sends chills down my spine. That lovely child deserved soooooo much more than she received in this life. I just pray that the creature/s who tormented her in this life get what they so richly deserve. :furious: