PDA

View Full Version : NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Kamille
10-27-2010, 10:15 AM
There could be a very sad backstory regarding the biomum....there usually is when she doesn't have custody. I'd be speculating however.

I'm sure she and her family have their own version of what happened and how Zahra came to end up living with AB and his family. But at the moment, the entire country is in KB's corner so I can't see how starting a Hatfield/McCoy type family battle in the media is going to help solve what happened to Zahra at all and apparently neither can she.... I respect her for that.

MOO

Lera213
10-27-2010, 10:15 AM
did you all read my last post on the previous page?

Spool
10-27-2010, 10:20 AM
did you all read my last post on the previous page?

Which number?

Lera213
250 lol

Wise Old Owl
This is supposition, theory, question, possiblity and a general IMHO

I believe that the NEW mattress probably came from within the circle of family and friends. My two (boy and girl) growing up went through 3 - 4 bedrooms each (including new beds). There were times that I knew a "financially strapped" family and asked if they wanted the bed/mattress. I think that is probably what happened here. JMO

The NEW mattress they took out of the house. I had that exact same mattress for my DS a few years ago. It came with a bunk bed / futton set. The bottom was a futon that opened out to a full bed and had a "futton type" mattress. The top bunk was a twin and the mattress was almost like a combo mattress/box spring. This was because the top only held a mattress and sat on a wire (spring type) bottom. The mattress cover was a "space" theme with planets, shooting stars, rocket ships, etc. When I bought that piece - the frame came in black or white. We wanted black and got the "space" mattress - the white came with a pink floral cover - but same mattress.

Now, I'm rambling but I believe that the new mattress was "donated" by a family/friend and that's how that tip came in - they spoke up and told about how they just gave AB, EB a new mattress for Zahra. Whether it was used to cover up for whatever happened to Zahra or not - it was something that EB (and possibly AB) knew was coming into the house (asked if they wanted it - maybe even weeks ago).

badhorsie
10-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Are there any locals around? Wondering about searches, police presence, news etc?

netsleuther
10-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Patty G, you were asking about the wood chipper. It was reported last week that they were, indeed, taking it apart to see if there was any evidence within the confines of its inner parts. I do not know anything more than that, and unfortunately, do not have time to search out a link for that information. I believe it was stated shortly after they finished up the search(es) at the site where the wood chipper was parked.

It was shocking news when they mentioned the wood chipper. After watching Fargo it seems like a wood chipper would make one helluva mess and the dogs would have a field day on the scent. Oh now I wonder about the pond they drained at the bosses property, they may have thought the wood chipper were facing the pond... But if LE have pulled the machine to bits and it came up clean it couldn't have been used.

Did LE search job sites, Z could be in/under someones garden..just a thought.

passionflower
10-27-2010, 10:22 AM
i"m tired, let me type that again:

On the 911 call ab stated that z was brooding, going through puberty right? Ok, so even pat on levi's show stated that he went on and on trying to explain things on the phone to the 911 operator and explaining too much as a matter of fact. So this to me he has implicated himself. He was trying to come up with a cover story in case the cops found blood evidence. They were not sure if they cleaned up enough!

ita.......

Wondergirl
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
I have seen some discussion regarding whether or not LE was specifically looking for Zahra's body at the landfill, or the search sites.

Here is one media report by CBS, that LE was indeed looking for Zahra at the landfill. You can take it as you like.

Authorities in recent weeks have combed wooded areas and a landfill for evidence or her body.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20020839-504083.html

NancyA
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
While I don't doubt your sentiment, proof of accuracy is the WS standard, coupled with links from MSM - not the "ring of sincerity" and quotes from a dubious source.

Thank you, I understand that. In my own defense the source is a place rather more highly regarded and respected among posters here for its overall attention to accuracy than many other similar sites. And it was the sentiments expressed in the post I found to have a ring of sincerity, I wasn't speaking as to the authenticity of the poster I do allow - and already said I do allow - that it may have been an impostor.

That doesn't change the fact that Zahra's mother is still a victim until we have proof of accuracy coupled with MSM links to show otherwise.

Lera213
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
ita.......

ita? what does that mean? What I was getting at is AB was trying to say that Z had her period!

ynotdivein
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Has it ever been reported in the media that the woodchipper was taken as evidence and taken apart, or that there was no evidence on the woodchipper?

Patty, I'll go back and look--I do remember reading something about them taking it apart. As for no evidence on the chipper, that hasn't been reported to my knowledge. Seemed like they got to that "blood on the engine or engine compartment" stage and it could have been from a worker with a cut finger, and then it was no longer an issue...

Can any of our locals comment on how the Anderson case (and other recent high profile cases involving the DA down there) may be impacting how LE is interacting with media and how much information they are letting out at this time?

Wondergirl
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
If EB was involved in Zahra's disappearance, do you think she would have the foresight to deliberately leave the girl's hearing aids behind?

Did she forget about them?

Did she wait until Zahra took them out and went to sleep, to attack her? :(

Did Zahra always take the hearing aids out, when she went to bed?

Are Zahra's fingerprints, the only ones on the hearing aids?

Patty G
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Patty G, you were asking about the wood chipper. It was reported last week that they were, indeed, taking it apart to see if there was any evidence within the confines of its inner parts. I do not know anything more than that, and unfortunately, do not have time to search out a link for that information. I believe it was stated shortly after they finished up the search(es) at the site where the wood chipper was parked.

Thanks, if anyone remembers reading that the woodchipper was taken into evidence and taken apart, please post the link to the MSM article.

wfgodot
10-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Thank you, I understand that. In my own defense the source is a place rather more highly regarded and respected among posters here for its overall attention to accuracy than many other similar sites. And it was the sentiments expressed in the post I found to have a ring of sincerity, I wasn't speaking as to the authenticity of the poster I do allow - and already said I do allow - that it may have been an impostor.

That doesn't change the fact that Zahra's mother is still a victim until we have proof of accuracy coupled with MSM links to show otherwise.

I agree with you totally in regards Zahra's mother. She is a victim but it does not aid her cause to support it with reference to an undocumented (for now) source, no matter the regard we both hold for the sentiments therein expressed.

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone have the link to the landfill presser handy? LE specifically said they were NOT looking for her body didn't he? I hate it when LE says one thing and the media decides to say something else.

passionflower
ita? what does that mean? What I was getting at is AB was trying to say that Z had her period!

ITA...I Totally Agree

badhorsie

ITA- I totally agree

Mrs G Norris
10-27-2010, 10:31 AM
This is true.. Sorry if I seemed judgmental. There is so much we will never know.. But the phrasing in the "letter" seems American. "StrangerDanger" seems to be an American phrase.. Someone from Australia please tell me if I'm on the right track.. all of this is my:twocents:

OK.....now aussiegirl is definitely Australian, you can tell because she says;

'all over the internet saying that the bio mum must not have loved her or gave a sh**'

That's as Aussie as you get. Now the response I have to say does sound American;

'please keep praying they find her'

..and other religious sentiments which are a little unusual for Australians, but not necessarily unheard of, the overall tone is softer than is usual for us, but if she put a lot of time into it she may have softened it herself or written it with Americans in mind.

It's really too close to call on her, and there's nothing in her letter which jumps out either way. But after re-reading it I would not be surprised if that was someone else, it did make me cry when I read it the first time, so it could be her....we'll find out I guess if it's verified.

There are also a couple of inconsistencies in there in regards to attempting to find Zahra, like her saying that she and her family tried to find her, then if she had known she was being abused she would have taken her away immediately. If she had wanted to find Zahra there are government departments which would have done so for her, and since Adam and his family lived in country towns they could have been tracked down in a very short time, she would have also been awarded at the very least visitation, and there is no suggestion there was a court order in place keeping Zahra from her.

If I had to put money on it I would say this is likely a supporter, JMO.

NancyA
10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
This is true.. Sorry if I seemed judgmental. There is so much we will never know.. But the phrasing in the "letter" seems American. "StrangerDanger" seems to be an American phrase.. Someone from Australia please tell me if I'm on the right track.. all of this is my:twocents:

LOL. Now I understand. The first line of my post was referring to the fact I'd just read the person purporting to be Zahra's mother's post at the Hinky Meter. The rest of my post wasn't quoting her post, I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to do that and my bad I suppose I should have included the link. The rambling was all from ME including the stranger danger reference. It's also a common phrase in the UK where I come from although I do now live in the USA.

Lera213
10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
At the start of this I use to give AB the benefit of the doubt that he was just a bad parent for not wanting to have anything to do with the Care of Z. Probably because he worked too much. THAT has changed...that man is involved as much as EB in my opinion. Listen to that 911 call again. He knew there was blood, he helped clean it up, but what he wasn't sure was if they got rid of it all or not, or if the cops would find any. That is why AB went on and on about her brooding, and insinuated to the 911 operator that Zahra was menstruating. This clearly in my minds eye, shows clear guilt.

Lera213
10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Ok thanks all for putting up with me. I'm going to try to sleep. I'm wired too much but will attempt. Be safe, and I pray Zahra is found TODAY!

NancyA
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree with you totally in regards Zahra's mother. She is a victim but it does not aid her cause to support it with liberal quoting from an undocumented (for now) source, no matter the regard we both hold for the sentiments therein expressed.

Once again there was no liberal quoting of anything I read in the Hinky meter post, no quoting at all. I wrote that post about Maria Colwell and my feelings about Zahra and the sentiments expressed therein were ALL mine.

ella971
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Ok thanks all for putting up with me. I'm going to try to sleep. I'm wired too much but will attempt. Be safe, and I pray Zahra is found TODAY!

Take a hot bath and curl up in bed.We will keep watch.Rest.

wfgodot
10-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Once again there was no liberal quoting of anything I read in the Hinky meter post, no quoting at all. I wrote that post about Maria Colwell and my feelings about Zahra and the sentiments expressed therein were ALL mine.

My fault - I've changed the wording in my post. Still, my general argument holds. But we're both on the same side in re: Z's mother.

Oriah
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Patty, I'll go back and look--I do remember reading something about them taking it apart. As for no evidence on the chipper, that hasn't been reported to my knowledge. Seemed like they got to that "blood on the engine or engine compartment" stage and it could have been from a worker with a cut finger, and then it was no longer an issue...

Can any of our locals comment on how the Anderson case (and other recent high profile cases involving the DA down there) may be impacting how LE is interacting with media and how much information they are letting out at this time?
You can call :
http://www.catawbacountync.gov/depts/elect/judicialofficials.pdf
and ask.
However, I think this is pretty telling:
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/mead-50885-case-attorney.html

ynotdivein
10-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Patty, back to the wood chipper, this is about as detailed as I can find:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/13/9/investigators-search-burke-site-again-ar-453434/

"Saturday Causby gave his permission for law enforcement to search his property with a K-9 unit. He said they were looking for Zahra’s remains on his industrial wood chipper and a 4-foot high pile of wood chips.

Causby said the dog alerted on the chipper and the pile but two days of intense searching by a combined force of Hickory police, Burke County deputies, SBI agents and FBI agents failed to turn up any evidence."

BritsKate
10-27-2010, 10:46 AM
New article up but no new news:

http://www.newstopic.net/pages/full_story/push?article-A+potential+break+in+case%20&id=10056448&instance=main_article

netsleuther
10-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks, if anyone remembers reading that the woodchipper was taken into evidence and taken apart, please post the link to the MSM article.

Alvin Webb, who lives next door, told NewsChannel 36 a deputy told him a cadaver dog smelled human remains on a mulch pile and on a wood chipper on the property. McDevitt said Tuesday night there have been "many hits" but none that he would call conclusive.

Source: http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Police-return-to-Burke-County-search-site-104880109.html

Valhall
10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Could be why the comment was removed because I went to find the original and could only see the one that was a copy and paste job.

The original comment is still there, just in another thread. Don't have time to look up the link right now, but it has not been removed.

While I can't confirm it is Zahra's mother, I can say I have also received an email from her and she is originating from Australia and I have her real name.

That's about all I can tell you right now.

bellyup
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM

I don't think the post was worded at all like an Aussie. :twocents:

Valhall
10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Here it is. She commented in the thread about the 911 calls being released:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/10/20/zahra-baker-case-911-calls-released/

tfrohning
10-27-2010, 10:57 AM
A search of a site in Dudley Shoals for missing Zahra Baker turned up animal bones on Monday...
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/26/11/mattress-found-landfill-ar-485567/

bellyup
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
OK.....now aussiegirl is definitely Australian, you can tell because she says;

'all over the internet saying that the bio mum must not have loved her or gave a sh**'

That's as Aussie as you get. Now the response I have to say does sound American;

If I had to put money on it I would say this is likely a supporter, JMO.

I don't think saying "mum" and "gave a S***" indicates that the person is an aussie for TWO reasons. If I (an american) were going to impersonate an aussie... use of the word "mum" would be top on my list. And many Americans also use the phrase "give/gave a s****" .

bellyup
10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
At the start of this I use to give AB the benefit of the doubt that he was just a bad parent for not wanting to have anything to do with the Care of Z. Probably because he worked too much. THAT has changed...that man is involved as much as EB in my opinion. Listen to that 911 call again. He knew there was blood, he helped clean it up, but what he wasn't sure was if they got rid of it all or not, or if the cops would find any. That is why AB went on and on about her brooding, and insinuated to the 911 operator that Zahra was menstruating. This clearly in my minds eye, shows clear guilt.

He went on and on about her brooding? I must have heard a different 911 call. Because i remember it as one simple statement ... not going on and on?

Mrs G Norris
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
The original comment is still there, just in another thread. Don't have time to look up the link right now, but it has not been removed.

While I can't confirm it is Zahra's mother, I can say I have also received an email from her and she is originating from Australia and I have her real name.

Thank you Valhall for jumping in and clarifying that! :)

westsidefox64
10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
anything new happening this morning? TIA

Valhall
10-27-2010, 11:11 AM
just my own two cents, If I am the long silent, at least to public, bio mother of Z. When I do finally decde to clear the air and make a public statement about my daughter's disappearance, it won't be on a site such as Val's. No offense to Val or the site, but with all the rumor and intertest about "where is bio mom, who is bio mom, why is bio mom not speaking?" IF and WHEN I was goign to say something, it would be to MSM, not a letter to an arbitrary site.

Oh, no, I'm not offended at all. And a part of me agrees with you, while the other part of me wonders what I would do! I'm just not sure. I can say I feel "personally" sure it is her. But I wouldn't want to say - by golly that's her! Because in this e-world we're operating in here, we can darned sure get fooled by people with bad intentions.

I have emailed her and asked for something that if she can provide it, would allow me to say with confidence it is her. I'll let you know what I find out, or if she even replies!

I guess I stand with you right now that I'd have to say 'buyer beware', but myself, I believe it is her.

BritsKate
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't think saying "mum" and "gave a S***" indicates that the person is an aussie for TWO reasons. If I (an american) were going to impersonate an aussie... use of the word "mum" would be top on my list. And many Americans also use the phrase "give/gave a s****" .

Just to play devil's advocate I don't know that one comment is enough to gauge its veracity one way or another. Very often I use the British spelling and lose my 'zed' when typing - also I say bloody, bleeding and gobsmacked - much to the amusement of locals with my decidedly Midwest accent. ;)

Just throwing that out there. I really, really wish LE would give us a presser already and some new news.

wfgodot
10-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think the post was worded at all like an Aussie. :twocents:

I think it could have been written by an Australian, but I do not think that Australian was Zahra's mother.

Also, I agree with Mrs G Norris in re: the religious content being distinctly American:

Now the response I have to say does sound American;

'please keep praying they find her'

..and other religious sentiments which are a little unusual for Australians, but not necessarily unheard of, the overall tone is softer than is usual for us, but if she put a lot of time into it she may have softened it herself or written it with Americans in mind.

Also, the usages "lil angel" and "beautiful angel" are first and foremost Americanisms given the religious context, I think, plus especially the use of the contracted adjective "lil" - distinctly an American usage.

The phrase "...I cannot fathom the possibility of my daughter going through things that would never even enter my night terrors" is, however, not something an American is likely to have written - though it could have been done to mimic one whose language training is based on the British English model rather than the American one.

Mrs G Norris
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Just to play devil's advocate I don't know that one comment is enough to gauge its veracity one way or another. Very often I use the British spelling and lose my 'zed' when typing - also I say bloody, bleeding and gobsmacked - much to the amusement of locals with my decidedly Midwest accent. ;)

Just throwing that out there. I really, really wish LE would give us a presser already and some new news.

It was the tone of her whole message really, I just limited it to that one because I thought it was the strongest and wanted to be succinct....but that's ok we can agree to disagree :)

shopgirlnc
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Not sure if any Hickory locals have been by the "Hickory" house this morning.....but it is police-taped off and a cop sitting in driveway. Why now?? They never taped the house off even in the beginning!

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Not sure if any Hickory locals have been by the "Hickory" house this morning.....but it is police-taped off and a cop sitting in driveway. Why now?? They never taped the house off even in the beginning!

Interesting. I will drive by there at lunch today and report back.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 11:23 AM

It seems if it was a crime scene that it would be contaminated now?

TallCoolOne
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Not sure if any Hickory locals have been by the "Hickory" house this morning.....but it is police-taped off and a cop sitting in driveway. Why now?? They never taped the house off even in the beginning!Hmmmmmm....... now THAT'S interesting indeed. Thanks for the info.

PunKnLuV
10-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Good morning all. I hope today is the day they find beautiful Zahra. The weather was crazy here last night, trees, power lines, and houses damaged. I hope it didn't damage the search site as well.

Today's weather looks like it won't be cooperating. Windy, humid and thunderstorms turning into severe weather later tonight. Prayers for searchers. I cannot even begin to imagine the emotional turmoil they are going through. I wish everyone peace.

My nerves were shot last night lol. I think I watched WSOC news breaks till I finally went to sleep around 3 am. I asked a friend who works at a kennel about a mile from Monday's search area what it was like there. He drove a different way in but said it was looked like a swamp.

It's raining pretty hard at my house right now.

I know they probably had a cop on the scene last night to keep it secure (poor cop) I'm sure they will do what they can but if it is raining hard they'll wait until the weather clears a little. They could switch and take care of other leads that require desk type work.

That poor officer!! The storms didn't hit the top part of the county as hard....but in some spots they were talking about HEAVY winds. IIRC they were up to 50mph in some spots.

tlcya
10-27-2010, 11:25 AM
huh, interesting. wonder if we can expect more search warrants of if the officer is there to drive off press and lookyloos?

TY shopgirl

Oriah
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
It seems if it was a crime scene that it would be contaminated now?

Ah, they may be protecting it.

froginTtown
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I so don't get this investigation... Back at the house today... ( crime scene tape) They were back off of Hartland yesterday...( first search ) AB already removed his stuff... (( big sigh )) I think it's my nap time...:)

AlexLouise44
10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
This is my first time posting here. This case has hit very close to home for me. I moved to GA from the UK when I was 12 with my mother and stepfather. I am now 21 so it wasn't that long ago really. In regards to the immigration process - we had to apply for visa's. My biological father had to say he was okay with us moving even though he had no custodial rights whatsoever. We had to prove that we weren't going to be a burden on the government and my stepfathers job (the reason we moved) could really only be performed by him. We started the process of applying fr a green card right before 9/11 and it took until 2007 fr us to get them. It was costly and time consuming. We had to do all sorts of blood tests, background checks and photo's without smiles and ears showing (strange I know). Last year I got pregnant without health insurance. I tried to applied for Medicaid but was turned away due to not having my green card for more than 5 years. I am wondering how this little girl had any treatment for Dr's unless she had insurance. something else comes to mind regarding immigration too - did bio-mum give the ok? It just scares me knowing this little girl went through all this. Let me tell all of you how very difficult it was being 12 and moving even though I spoke the language. It took my brother and me about five years to fully adjust. I hope this helps anyone with questions regarding medical/immigration. You are all doing a wonderful job :)

SherlockHomey
Ah, they may be protecting it.

I don't understand why they didn't protect it before now. It was completely open for anyone to go into the yard etc.

4BB
Could someone shed some light on these questions..

When a person is buried can a dog still smell them?

If a person is buried and a fire is set over the top of the dirt will that impede the dogs ability to smell in that area?

If a grave is dug, that is pretty obvious with the fresh dirt. Could it be possible for a grave to be a day or 2 old, then be covered with ash from a fire and go undetected? I'm basically asking if the burned area would camouflage a grave. Thanks

All just my speculation and curiosity, by the way :)

wfgodot
10-27-2010, 11:28 AM
This is my first time posting here. This case has hit very close to home for me. I moved to GA from the UK when I was 12 with my mother and stepfather. I am now 21 so it wasn't that long ago really. In regards to the immigration process - we had to apply for visa's. My biological father had to say he was okay with us moving even though he had no custodial rights whatsoever. We had to prove that we weren't going to be a burden on the government and my stepfathers job (the reason we moved) could really only be performed by him. We started the process of applying fr a green card right before 9/11 and it took until 2007 fr us to get them. It was costly and time consuming. We had to do all sorts of blood tests, background checks and photo's without smiles and ears showing (strange I know). Last year I got pregnant without health insurance. I tried to applied for Medicaid but was turned away due to not having my green card for more than 5 years. I am wondering how this little girl had any treatment for Dr's unless she had insurance. something else comes to mind regarding immigration too - did bio-mum give the ok? It just scares me knowing this little girl went through all this. Let me tell all of you how very difficult it was being 12 and moving even though I spoke the language. It took my brother and me about five years to fully adjust. I hope this helps anyone with questions regarding medical/immigration. You are all doing a wonderful job :)

Welcome to WS, AlexLouise44!

Oriah
10-27-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't understand why they didn't protect it before now. It was completely open for anyone to go into the yard etc.

Yes, I know. Maybe that's the problem.

Kimster
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/Kimba4jc/Websleuths/Welcome-1.jpg

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
This entire thing is so confuzzled.

shopgirlnc
10-27-2010, 11:31 AM
huh, interesting. wonder if we can expect more search warrants of if the officer is there to drive off press and lookyloos?

TY shopgirl

Actually noticed a cop car sitting in the driveway last night...just looking onto street from the highway, but didnt turn onto the street to see the tape. It is definitely there this morning.

4BB
10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Maybe they are regrouping and going back to square 1. Could they possibly find blood patterns using luminal?

Patty G
10-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Source: http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Police-return-to-Burke-County-search-site-104880109.html

Thanks. I recall that article, however I do not see that the woodchipper was taken in for evidence and was taken apart.

JoeFromLB
10-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is LE taking EB out for another "field trip" today to look at search sites?

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is LE taking EB out for another "field trip" today to look at search sites?

I think she's been on ENOUGH field trips. She needs to stay right where she is until she breaks.:furious:

westsidefox64
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Actually noticed a cop car sitting in the driveway last night...just looking onto street from the highway, but didnt turn onto the street to see the tape. It is definitely there this morning.

I feel like im on a seesaw I had almost convinced myself Zahra never made the move to this house now im back to thinking she must have. JMO

everyoneneedsavoice
10-27-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm horrible at digging through all my links, but I would have sworn it was reported that the mattress was tossed 2 days before the 911 call. I found a link yesterday that claimed "days before" it was thrown out. Does anyone have anything more specific. I think it would be important in determining what AB may have known / may not have known.

Also, does anyone else find it odd that AB hasn't made bail yet ? It's like $700 to get out of there I think? I'm really :waitasec: over why he hasn't obtained a lawyer and he's still sitting in jail. Unless he was getting threats , etc. from the public and feels he's safer in there ??? It seems too coincidental that he went in there right when mama got here. Thoughts?

'Morning WSers...

bellyup...I don't recall ever seeing anything as specific as "2 days"...when i saw your post yesterday (i think) re: 2 days, i too was anxiously awaiting a link to that article...i might have missed it; however, IMO if that timeframe was included in an article...me thinks, someone said a little more than they should have and probably retracted it...:waitasec:

Oh yeah...re: "mama", has that been confirmed, since last night? link please???

If not, it's rumor, so please edit your post....as the mods have worked their arses off as have many posters, to try to keep this thread "rumor free"...thanks!

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 11:46 AM
IMO the Hickory house should have been taped off from day one. Who knows who might decide to "help" out and remove something.

wfgodot
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
IMO the Hickory house should have been taped off from day one. Who knows who might decide to "help" out and remove something.

Yes, agreed, while, on the other hand, if evidence is now found there to support a prosecution case, there's a certain defense lawyer named Lisa Dubs who is certainly licking her chops at the notion the house apparently has sat unguarded for a time.

Patty G
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Oh, no, I'm not offended at all. And a part of me agrees with you, while the other part of me wonders what I would do! I'm just not sure. I can say I feel "personally" sure it is her. But I wouldn't want to say - by golly that's her! Because in this e-world we're operating in here, we can darned sure get fooled by people with bad intentions.

I have emailed her and asked for something that if she can provide it, would allow me to say with confidence it is her. I'll let you know what I find out, or if she even replies!

I guess I stand with you right now that I'd have to say 'buyer beware', but myself, I believe it is her.

Do you have the ability to track ISP addresses on your site?

gibby207
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM

Maybe it's taped off now as it's identified as the crime scene? I dunno, but I agree with you!

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes, agreed, while, on the other hand, if evidence is now found there to support a prosecution case, there's a certain defense lawyer named Lisa Dubs who is certainly licking her chops at the house apparently having sat unguarded for a time.

EXACTLY!!!! It not being taped off was a big mistake. :banghead:

Virgogalsue
10-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Maybe that's what they were hoping for??

the seeker
10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Dear God,

Please let Zahra be found today, and please give those who loved her and came to love her some closure. Please led LE to the right places to put an end to this search for answers,

Amen

jessicat
10-27-2010, 11:57 AM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/NancyGraceHLN

I just saw this. I was looking on the thread to see if anyone had talked about it but I couldn't find anything. May God watch over this sweet girl.

bellyup
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM

I was wondering that way back in the thread. It also surprised me that we didn't see media peeking in windows/ etc. to get photos or a "scoop" on the condition of the home :waitasec:

passionflower
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Remembering the posts about missing teeth, my 11 yr. grandson is here with me (ill)
and just said his tooth was loose. Next from eye tooth...........interesting.
I thought at 11 children had all there adult teeth..........ben a long time sinc I was a tooth fairy.

rbrnmw2
10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
If EB was involved in Zahra's disappearance, do you think she would have the foresight to deliberately leave the girl's hearing aids behind?

Did she forget about them?

Did she wait until Zahra took them out and went to sleep, to attack her? :(

Did Zahra always take the hearing aids out, when she went to bed?

Are Zahra's fingerprints, the only ones on the hearing aids?
*****MOO
******IMO

Maybe she took them out while sleeping and left them out on a dresser and EB left them there so AB would think well Zahra is asleep and wouldn't bother her because IIRC she EB told AB zahra had the flu Just throwing it out as a slim possibility but a possibility ****IMO****

ynotdivein
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Have searched my furry fanny off and can find no print or video to confirm that the wood chipper was seized as evidence or dismantled. Next best step would be to go through aerial footage of the search scene and determine whether the chipper was still on the site at the end of the search, but even that wouldn't be conclusive.

Putting wood chipper back in the "unconfirmed/rumor" column. *sigh*

eleni777
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Remembering the posts about missing teeth, my 11 yr. grandson is here with me (ill)
I thought at 11 children had all there adult teeth..........ben a long time sinc I was a tooth fairy.

My daughter lost her last tooth, exact one that your grandson says is loose, 2 months before she turned 13. she turned 13 this Sept. I think it depends on the child and how early their baby teeth come in.

Scamperoo
10-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Dear God,

Please let Zahra be found today, and please give those who loved her and came to love her some closure. Please led LE to the right places to put an end to this search for answers,

Amen

If stepmom is cooperating why don't we have Zahra? can one kill and dispose of a family member then not be able to remember the location. I can only think that mommy dearest killed her and daddy disposed of her somewhere and gave her just the vaguest information as to where.

I hope today we find out something..anything! before he lawyers up.

sophclown
10-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if the house at 21 21st Avenue has a basement?
I sure hope that Zahra is found today!!!

4BB
10-27-2010, 12:07 PM
MOO

Maybe they are getting forensics off various parts of the house. Fingerprints and DNA to prove if Zahra ever lived there at all. Surely doorknobs, fridge handles, bathrooms, etc would have some evidence that a particular person lived there.

This may help their timeline.

gibby207
10-27-2010, 12:08 PM

LOL Tooth fairy time! You know, the teeth thing is so personal and hereditary... My friend's daughter is 6 and has lost 5 teeth so far while mine who are nearly 6 haven't lost any. Would you believe I had a baby tooth (eye tooth/canine tooth) until I was 25?!! Turns out my adult tooth was never going to come down as it was impacted sideways in my jaw and had to be removed via surgery. I have a fake canine tooth there now.

Hope your grandson is feeling better soon!

kwmred
10-27-2010, 12:10 PM
'Morning WSers...

bellyup...I don't recall ever seeing anything as specific as "2 days"...when i saw your post yesterday (i think) re: 2 days, i too was anxiously awaiting a link to that article...i might have missed it; however, IMO if that timeframe was included in an article...me thinks, someone said a little more than they should have and probably retracted it...:waitasec:

If not, it's rumor, so please edit your post....as the mods have worked their arses off as have many posters, to try to keep this thread "rumor free"...thanks!

BBM
It's not a rumor. Printed in Hickory paper. Look back about 7 or 8 pages. AB picked up his mother and brother from Charlotte airport.

cluciano63
10-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I liked to think that LE was on top of things in this case but not having secured that house all this time makes me wonder. That is such a basic step. I hope that does not turn out to have been a huge mistake.

kcsmom76
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
WSOCtv reporting investigators are on Christie Road today.

bellyup
10-27-2010, 12:12 PM

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/26/11/mattress-found-landfill-ar-485567/
Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, has been in the Catawba County jail since he turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department at 3:12 a.m. Monday. He went to the police station after picking up his mother and brother at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.

JoeFromLB
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes, agreed, while, on the other hand, if evidence is now found there to support a prosecution case, there's a certain defense lawyer named Lisa Dubs who is certainly licking her chops at the notion the house apparently has sat unguarded for a time.

She'll put the investigators on trial, like O.J.'s "dream team" did. I don't feel good about this at all.

eleni777
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I liked to think that LE was on top of things in this case but not having secured that house all this time makes me wonder. That is such a basic step. I hope that does not turn out to have been a huge mistake.

Maybe the finally taped it off because both AB and EB are in Jail...they may be done collecting evidence from it and now are just trying to keep the "rubberneckers" for coming around. :confused:

wfgodot
10-27-2010, 12:18 PM
She'll put the investigators on trial, like O.J.'s "dream team" did. I don't feel good about this at all.

There's also the matter of the mattress, apparently not discovered by LE after their search but found by landfill workers later. The defense took note of that, one can bet, as it speaks to chain of evidence.

Not criticizing LE at all - they are doing their absolute level best, and they're working in real time, not, like me, sitting here afterwards and reading news accounts.

sarx
10-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Just made it to the computer. I see there is all kinds of talk about the house, the pile that burnt etc. What's going on?

shopgirlnc
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Several LE at hickory house...with workers from city of hickory...walking the yard...picking various stuff up in yard. Whole yard taped off...also blue 4 door chevrolet? Car parked in drive beside cop car. Various people in raincoats standing in yard.

tk71texas
:waitasec: i wonder who's gonna turn on who first?

wfgodot
I wonder if Adam Baker is represented by counsel yet.

ynotdivein
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Just made it to the computer. I see there is all kinds of talk about the house, the pile that burnt etc. What's going on?

House is taped off today and LE is posted there... searching on Christie Rd....

Someone upthread asked about the abilities of sniffer dogs to detect buried remains, sarx. Maybe you can speak to that?

4BB
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Hopefully that means a new piece of evidence.Why are they picking up stuff in the yard? Like ash/fire debris?

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Several LE at hickory house...with workers from city of hickory...walking the yard...picking various stuff up in yard. Whole yard taped off...also blue 4 door chevrolet? Car parked in drive beside cop car. Various people in raincoats standing in yard.

Sounds like they are doing more than "protecting" it............sigh.

bellyup
10-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I am pretty certain this was changed .... but it reads "just days" before reporting her missing now. Still indicates only few days at most. I can see why LE is so intent on finding that mattress.

. Police said the girl's parents disposed of her mattress just days before reporting her missing.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/26/1787098/adam-baker-held-on-bad-check-charges.html#ixzz13Zpz5Opc

4BB

If a person is buried and a fire is set over the top of the dirt will that impede the dogs ability to smell in that area?

If a grave is dug, that is pretty obvious with the fresh dirt. Could it be possible for a grave to be a day or 2 old, then be covered with ash from a fire and go undetected? I'm basically asking if the burned area would camouflage a grave. Thanks

quoting myself for sarx or others with input. TIA

Also is it too late to lift prints to verify if Zahra was ever indeed in that home?

Wondergirl
Does anyone know if is believed that EB and/or AB disposed of the mattress at curbside, and that is why they were searching the landfill station?

If so, do you think that EB and/or AB would put out a mattress to the curb, with obvious blood stains?

Linda7NJ
Can we get a "Featured Case Discusiion" spot for this topic?

PRETTY PLEASE???

The sheer volume of threads & posts all mashed up together is killing me...and it would be so nice to have a news only thread.

eleni777
10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Zahra’s father, Adam Baker, has been in the Catawba County jail since he turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department at 3:12 a.m. Monday. He went to the police station after picking up his mother and brother at the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.

Ok, bear with me while I speculate out loud AGAIN...

AB picks up mom and bro at the airport...
We know that no flights arrived at 2-3am....
At 3:12 am AB turns himself in to the popo...
For me, 3:12 am is an odd time to turn yourself in...

Who turns themselves in to the popo for worthless checks after picking up their relatives that they haven't seen in what 2 yrs? If he wasn't guilty of all or part of Zahra's disappearance/death, he would be with his family for comfort during this hellish time.

MHO is that his mom and bro came in early the evening the day before he turned himself in and had a come to Jesus meeting with him; the truth came out and they made him turn himself in.

The LE knows more than what is being reported.

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 12:27 PM

PRETTY PLEASE???

The sheer volume of threads & posts all mashed up together is killing me...and it would be so nice to have a news only thread.

Here ya go................

NC Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion - - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ynotdivein

This is partly why I wondered about the reputations of the DA/Sheriff's depts/PDs in that area, in terms of how they have handled previous cases. Are they perceived as competent? Have they been accused of "botching" previous cases? Mishandling evidence, failing to secure crime scenes, etc. in the past?

I want EB's legal team to have to fight for every scrap they get.

tk71texas

Who turns themselves in to the popo for worthless checks after picking up their relatives that they haven't seen in what 2 yrs? If he wasn't guilty of all or part of Zahra's disappearance/death, he would be with his family for comfort during this hellish time.

MHO is that his mom and bro came in early the evening the day before he turned himself in and had a come to Jesus meeting with him; the truth came out and they made him turn himself in.

i totally agree

the seeker
LOL Tooth fairy time! You know, the teeth thing is so personal and hereditary... My friend's daughter is 6 and has lost 5 teeth so far while mine who are nearly 6 haven't lost any. Would you believe I had a baby tooth (eye tooth/canine tooth) until I was 25?!! Turns out my adult tooth was never going to come down as it was impacted sideways in my jaw and had to be removed via surgery. I have a fake canine tooth there now.

Hope your grandson is feeling better soon!

My daughter is 10 and will be 11 in March. She still has her baby canines. Turns out that she still has them because she will not get all her adult teeth. She will be missing her two laterals (the teeth on either side of her big front teeth, called "centrals"), they dont exist. My son is the same way,his adult canine teeth are right next to his centrals. Gives him somewhat of a vampire appearance. The dentist said that this is happening more and more with people these days, they are turning up with less teeth naturally. I dont have my wisdom teeth, they dont exist..never did.

I guess my point is that it really is hard to judge anything from here about Z by looking at her teeth. Without access to her xrays, you dont know the whole story.

tk71texas
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Soooooo.....I'm assuming the "puberty" comment in the 911 call will come into play when we find out what exactly is on the mattress they found......just wow. Puberty at 10? Is that normal? My son is 13 1/2 and hasn't even started changing yet.

Norwegian
10-27-2010, 12:30 PM

PRETTY PLEASE???

There is one, right here.

RainyGirl
10-27-2010, 12:31 PM
My daughter is 10 and will be 11 in March. She still has her baby canines. Turns out that she still has them because she will not get all her adult teeth. She will be missing her two laterals (the teeth on either side of her big front teeth, called "centrals"), they dont exist. My son is the same way,his adult canine teeth are right next to his centrals. Gives him somewhat of a vampire appearance. The dentist said that this is happening more and more with people these days, they are turning up with less teeth naturally. I dont have my wisdom teeth, they dont exist..never did.

I guess my point is that it really is hard to judge anything from here about Z by looking at her teeth. Without access to her xrays, you dont know the whole story.

Viva la difference! and thank you for pointing this out gibby and seeker.

sarx
10-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Thanks for pointing me to this, things get lost in here! (AND I don't think I'm getting PM's, so if anyone has tried I am NOT ignoring you!!!)

I will preface this with my answers only apply to properly trained dogs.....

Yes, if a person is buried a dog can still find them.

Yes, there are dogs that can smell burned victims or ones covered up by burns (this is more specific training, so I would not say all can).

Yes, a burn could conceal a grave if it was large enough. (I am by no way saying this is the case, JUST answering the question for future reference). I would be surprised if the FBI/LE did not go through the burn area very thoroughly though and think of this scenario, it's certainly one that has been used before.

eleni777
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Soooooo.....I'm assuming the "puberty" comment in the 911 call will come into play when we find out what exactly is on the mattress they found......just wow. Puberty at 10? Is that normal? My son is 13 1/2 and hasn't even started changing yet.

Each girl is different. I was 5'7", wore a 34C bra and had my period at 11. My daughter is 13, just getting boobs and no period. she had a friend in the second grade that had boobs and her period. sorry if that was TMI. :blushing: :blushing:

4BB
Thanks Sarx. So using that info we can pretty much rule out that thy are actually looking at the house for Zahra but instead looking for evidence to bring them closer to her.

agathawannabe

I don't know that "turn himself in" appearing in some articles is the most accurate choice of wording. It could be a somewhat exaggerated paraphrase.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-father-arrested-unrelated-charges/story?id=11964372

ABC News reports: "Adam Baker was taken into custody while at the Hickory Police station after voluntarily coming in to give a statement, a police official told ABC News." (BBM)

That is something slightly different than turning oneself in, IMO.

His statement could have included information implicating himself - or implicating someone else - or both.

I don't think we know.

Wondergirl
10-27-2010, 12:34 PM

Or maybe for AB's co-operation, LE allowed him to meet his mother and brother at the plane, and then it was agreed that he would be taken in after that?

sarx
10-27-2010, 12:35 PM
This is partly why I wondered about the reputations of the DA/Sheriff's depts/PDs in that area, in terms of how they have handled previous cases. Are they perceived as competent? Have they been accused of "botching" previous cases? Mishandling evidence, failing to secure crime scenes, etc. in the past?

I want EB's legal team to have to fight for every scrap they get.

Can't speak to the local depts. but they have the FBI and the SBI as well as several other orgs who KNOW what they are doing. I have a feeling that the totality of the evidence will be overwhelming.

bellyup

Many girls start much earlier than boys. I was 11 when I started my cycle.

krimekat

But his comment makes more sense now that the mattress is in play.

Meagain
10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Question - is there any timeline map of searches floating around? And that includes today's new area(s)? Something preferrably with dates of the searches - a visual. TIA

eleni777
10-27-2010, 12:39 PM
agathawannabe and Wondergirl...

We just can't trust the news sources. But yeah you both are right.. that's why I said I was speculating. Until the LE decide to share all the evidence with us we really can't be sure how it went down..

The only thing that sticks out in my mind is that a few threads back several people posted arriving and departing flights for the airport and none were remotely close to the 3:12am... it just seemed like and odd time to turn yourself in to me.

epiphany
10-27-2010, 12:39 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/health/research/09puberty.html

A new study finds that girls are more likely today than in the past to start developing breasts by age 7 or 8.

The research is just the latest in a flood of reports over the last decade that have led to concern and heated debate about whether girls are reaching puberty earlier, and why it might be happening.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I just rode by the house and there are 2 police cars, one City of Hickory truck and another car parked outside the house. Three men in yellow rain gear and one man in a black rain jacket marked "police" searching the front yard. They were walking side by side looking at the ground. I assume searching in grids for some evidence.

The house is taped off and no media or anyone around. What's going on?

agathawannabe
10-27-2010, 12:45 PM
agathawannabe and Wondergirl...

We just can't trust the news sources. But yeah you both are right.. that's why I said I was speculating. Until the LE decide to share all the evidence with us we really can't be sure how it went down..

The only thing that sticks out in my mind is that a few threads back several people posted arriving and departing flights for the airport and none were remotely close to the 3:12am... it just seemed like and odd time to turn yourself in to me.

Yes, ITA about the odd time.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Can't speak to the local depts. but they have the FBI and the SBI as well as several other orgs who KNOW what they are doing. I have a feeling that the totality of the evidence will be overwhelming.

I can say that I know personally the department has botched several cases here. personal experience is that my husband was rear ended by a drunk and drug induced driver in Hickory. This rear ending knocked his truck into another car and that car into another. This was three years ago. Just last month, he was called into court to testify against the driver because they wanted to get her for DUI (my husband had no idea if she was drinking or not. The crash knocked her out). They had to have him and the other drivers come to court because they LOST the blood sample for drugs and alcohol. :banghead:

passionflower
10-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Dr Oz just talking about that on TV..........horomones and OBESITY can enter into early puberty.........I doubt highly that Z was in puberty.
Early breast developement is the first sign...........Z looks very thin and flat chested to me.
IMO, AB dreamed that up!
EB probably told him why unexplained blood was around the house!
Instead Zahra was beaten, IMO.........hose bleeds etc.
DNA experts can tell the difference in blood samples!

I wonder about house and yard also.
Could forensic evidence be back from bedframe taken out of house?
The cars? and early investigation from soil samples, wood chipper?
mulch? fire?
Starting back to day 1 for pieces of the puzzle.......place where Zahra died?
then all other places were disposal areas???

Did AB/EB help LE???? I have doubts about that.

tk71texas
10-27-2010, 12:46 PM
i was wondering if the mattress is hers and there is dna, specifically blood, on the mattress, can it be determined if it is menstrual blood or just blood. <<<<< did that make any sense, i'm not sure how to ask that question. :waitasec:

bellyup
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
i was wondering if the mattress is hers and there is dna, specifically blood, on the mattress, can it be determined if it is menstrual blood or just blood. <<<<< did that make any sense, i'm not sure how to ask that question. :waitasec:

Yes ... testing can determine where the blood likely came from if there are other fluids involved (ie; nose bleed, mouth bleed, vaginal, etc.)

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know if the house at 21 21st Avenue has a basement?
I sure hope that Zahra is found today!!!

According to the property tax information, the house has a crawl basement.

bellyup
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
According to the property tax information, the house has a crawl basement.

can a local report on what is typical of homes in the area ?

here, a crawl basement can be anything from a concrete typical basement that is just shorter to a dirt floored basement.

Virgogalsue
10-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Zahra's bio mother ? Is there a link ?

I have completely missed the information about Zahra's biological mother posting!

Can anyone help me out?? Please and thankyous xx

passionflower
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
IMO, AB/EB in their drug crazed state would be so freaked out that
they probably went wild trying to dispose of everything from Zahra,
the mattress, her belongings, RN,stories for 911 and relatives.
EB told daughter she wanted to move IIRC.............panic.
Now poor LE offices have to figure out where and what they did.
Bless LE and searchers through this horrific time

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
violet........it's down at the bottom.

here it is. She commented in the thread about the 911 calls being released:

ynotdivein
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Violet, see also:

SCSleuther
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM

here, a crawl basement can be anything from a concrete typical basement that is just shorter to a dirt floored basement.

Perhaps SherlockHomey meant to say a "crawl space", which is not a basement at all?

"Down South" - crawl space and/or slab foundations are typical. Not many homes have basements - like many of the homes "up North" do (maybe recently , for new construction, that has changed? I'm by no means an expert in housing contruction :innocent:)

ETA: I'm originally from "up North", and I believe that slab foundations are not allowed in many places due to "building code", due to the ground freezing etc....

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/repair/house6.htm

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I (being local) call a crawl basement one that is just dirt floor and able to crawl under the house.

netsleuther
10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before,
I only just found it http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young?v=wall

I found her FB page from another FB where she used to be a friend but removed from the list, had to scroll down to see the connection.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Perhaps SherlockHomey meant to say a "crawl space", which is not a basement at all?

"Down South" - crawl space and slab foundations are typical. Not many homes have basements - like many of the homes "up North" do (maybe recently , for new construction, that has changed? I'm by no means an expert in housing contruction :innocent:)

Could be. This is what the property information says, "Basement: CRAWL"

everyoneneedsavoice
10-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Thank you...it was another one I missed. I just went to add it to the "media links" thread...looks like IMAMAZE added it this morning, already...thank you IMAMAZE.

ps - wasnt' being "snarky"...just trying with everything in me to keep up, and it's proving to be a daunting challenge...:banghead::banghead:

off to search for the "2 day" article...thanks again

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm surprised there is no media at the HIckory house yet.

Blue Ridge
Dr Oz just talking about that on TV..........horomones and OBESITY can enter into early puberty.........I doubt highly that Z was in puberty.
Early breast developement is the first sign...........Z looks very thin and flat chested to me.
IMO, AB dreamed that up!

Personally, I don't think his "broody/puberty" comment had anything to do with blood. To me it seemed simply an (invented) excuse as to why she was always in her room and he hadn't seen her in so many hours. IMO JMO MHO

believe09
Regarding the FB link- this is my favorite post on her wall:

"people that live in those glass houses should remember their secrets aren't secrets anymore...."

xheraldina
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I have completely missed the information about Zahra's biological mother posting!

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM

"people that live in those glass houses should remember their secrets aren't secrets anymore...."

Seriously.....and add to that..isn't it interesting that someone like her is SO judgmental of others?

agathawannabe
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM

Yeah, IIRC, that post was made around the time BB (EB's nephew's wife, at the time) was filing the "communicating threats" charges.

IMO, EB probably posted that to insinuate that if BB filed the charges, EB would expose BB's (now publicly admitted) drug addiction.

ETA:

Just double-checked EB's criminal records (http://www.wikiupload.com/2oZ0wfvo) and the "communicating threats" charge was filed on May 22, 2010.

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 01:08 PM

at the very bottom (at least at this moment)...keep on scrolling down...

kcsmom76
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure about everyone else, but I (being local) call a crawl basement one that is just dirt floor and able to crawl under the house.

I'm a local too, lived here all my life, and this is what I consider a crawl space too. We also have basements. Just depends on if you want one or not.

Butterfingers
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Still searching at Christie Rd. Using dump trucks to haul away brush.

per: http://twitter.com/radberkywcnc

netsleuther
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM

She does not have many friends on her FB page..Easy to see who is not on her friend list but has plenty of comments on her wall.

I don't see AB anywhere on the wall either.
http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young#!/elesa.young?v=wall

kalekona
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
The house I grew up in had a full basement but when you got down the stairs there was an area about half way up the wall that was a crawl space going under the other side of the house- it had doors kind of like cupboard doors. (for kid it was the scariest place in the basement.)

I have also been reading twitters all morning saying AB was actually at the police station longer than first reported before he was taken into custody.

I have 3 daughters the oldest didn't hit puberty until 13 and she had very little breasts- nothing at all noticeable- my other two started at 11 and each one was bustier than the last...

As for permanent teeth- I had three baby teeth that never had a permanent one to replace it- in an odd twist my husband had supernumerary teeth we always teased the girls that between us we evened out so that their teeth were all normal..

ynotdivein
10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised there is no media at the HIckory house yet.

Maybe they were asked to stay away?

(And IMO we may be better off that they aren't--given how confuzzled they have made us! I'll take your and shopgirl's and all our other wonderful locals' eyewitness accounts any day. Geez, we could end up debating "Wood chipper located in crawl space!" or "Flying monkey remains found in mulch pile" or some such for pages and pages if MSM were there. :crazy:)

bellyup
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM

"Down South" - crawl space and/or slab foundations are typical. Not many homes have basements - like many of the homes "up North" do (maybe recently , for new construction, that has changed? I'm by no means an expert in housing contruction :innocent:)

ETA: I'm originally from "up North", and I believe that slab foundations are not allowed in many places due to "building code", due to the ground freezing etc....

I am from "up North" and have lived in homes that have had a slab, a dirt crawl, a concrete crawl, and cellars. There are many homes here that are built on slabs. In fact, there is a famous builder in the area that only builds slab homes because he finds basements too "tomb like".

sunsetbeach
10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Still searching at Christie Rd. Using dump trucks to haul away brush.

I'd love to know if AB had been working in this area. :waitasec:

Butterfingers
10-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Hummm... good question.

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I sure wish someone that knew Adam in Oz was around to give us some insight into what makes him tick..

Kamille
10-27-2010, 01:23 PM
She does not have many friends on her FB page..Easy to see who is not on her friend list but has plenty of comments on her wall.

I don't see AB anywhere on the wall either.
http://www.facebook.com/elesa.young#!/elesa.young?v=wall

I don't think AB had a FB account until after Zahra's disappearance. Perhaps he opened an account as a cost effective way to get in touch with relatives in AU. He did have a MS though and they were "friends" on there.

MOO

impatientredhead
10-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Or LE said, your wife is cooperating we are going to take you into custody, either turn yourself in at the station or we will arrest you.

Many times people are allowed to turn themselves in when an arrest is pending. It is not unusual at all.

PunKnLuV
10-27-2010, 01:25 PM

I was debating going by my business mailbox (UPS Store) and Blockbuster but now I think I am going lol. Is the road closed? I might have to drive by today. I have yet to turn down that road for some reason.

marijane
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Its because of all the hormone injected food we eat. my grandma used to say dont eat kfc. she said thats why boys have tits.

Kamille
10-27-2010, 01:27 PM

I would think his employer was able to give LE information about locations that AB might have been working at. He was likely working a lot at the Burke County location that they spent so much time at.

My question is, who gave LE information about brush piles? They seem to be focused on those and have been since the beginning. Did EB tell them something right away when she admitted to that note and then clammed up with a lawyer?

MOO

netsleuther
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I sure wish someone that knew Adam in Oz was around to give us some insight into what makes him tick..

The Oz media were hounding the grandmother i.e. AB's mother but she would only speak to Townsville Bulletin. Maybe some of his old work mates in Townsville know what makes AB tick, as that is the last location AB was in before he moved to US.

imamaze
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM

Keep in mind there is no actual verification this is the bio mom.

Ima

rbrnmw2
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Dear God,

Amen

Amen I am praying with as I am sure many more are praying that sweet Zahra is found This child's life is just so unbelievably heartbreaking. All the trials and triumphs she was faced with and overcame all with a smile I can't understand Lord so I know her family can't either please fill them with your love and comfort them.

tk71texas
10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Its because of all the hormone injected food we eat. my grandma used to say dont eat kfc. she said thats why boys have tits.

:spit: Thanks....you can come clean my screen now :)

KPMcLovin
10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
I read an article when Z first went missing that stated that Z's bio mom left her at 8 months when she was diagnosed with bone cancer. Not sure if was a reliable source or not. Leg was amputated at 5. (This question was some pages back - maybe it's been answered - too far behind to check).
I also agree AB did not have fb until after disappearance. Maybe got on there to see what folks were saying.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I was debating going by my business mailbox (UPS Store) and Blockbuster but now I think I am going lol. Is the road closed? I might have to drive by today. I have yet to turn down that road for some reason.

PunknLuv - I always come in the back way. Do you know what I am saying? I come up the road toward 127...

Road is not blocked off...nothing going on except a couple of police cars. Weird to me.

Kamille
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Or LE said, your wife is cooperating we are going to take you into custody, either turn yourself in at the station or we will arrest you.

Many times people are allowed to turn themselves in when an arrest is pending. It is not unusual at all.

I still think he had been at the station for some time, giving a statement and being interviewed, before the actual arrest was made. Those interviews can take hours and they would not have arrested him right away until they got his complete statement and he answered their questions. Perhaps he stopped answering their questions or was giving unsatisfactory answers and that's when they went ahead and put him under arrest.

There is also the slim possibility that under the guidance of his family, he requested that they start proceedings on the charges that he had warrants for. He can not leave the country until those charges are taken care of and if by some slim chance he is innocent of anything to do with Zahra, he'll want to go home at the earliest opportunity I'm sure.

MOO

Mandy113
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm at work & haven't had time to read all the threads yet myself.

Looks like we now know AB's mother & brother arrived in NC. (basing these on links previously posted in this thread). If AB's bail is approx $700, why do we think his family has not bailed him out? Is the issue one of finances or something else? If he was my son, I wouldn't be bailing him out of anything, especially if I thought he might have some part in it.

Regarding the 3:12 am arrest time for AB, on a previous thread another poster (sorry I forget who) made the point that he would have already been with LE and that 3:12 was simply the time of the actual booking.

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
The Oz media were hounding the grandmother i.e. AB's mother but she would only speak to Townsville Bulletin. Maybe some of his old work mates in Townsville know what makes AB tick, as that is the last location AB was in before he moved to US.

I'm kind of surprised that we haven't heard anyone from his past speak out. You know here in the US, the media would hunt friends, family, school or work mates..even an old neighbor down..maybe they're not as aggressive in Oz? I never want to see anyone hounded, but there just usually is someone willing to talk and we haven't really heard anything good or bad about him, have we?

PunKnLuV
IMO, AB dreamed that up!
EB probably told him why unexplained blood was around the house!
Instead Zahra was beaten, IMO.........hose bleeds etc.
DNA experts can tell the difference in blood samples!

I wonder about house and yard also.
Could forensic evidence be back from bedframe taken out of house?
The cars? and early investigation from soil samples, wood chipper?
mulch? fire?
Starting back to day 1 for pieces of the puzzle.......place where Zahra died?
then all other places were disposal areas???

Did AB/EB help LE???? I have doubts about that.

I posted this before but wanted to share again. When my son was entering 5th grade they had an opt-in puberty class. They talked about hormones and how they can affect behavior etc. For awhile after that class if he was being pouty and I said something he would tell me "It's not me mom, it's the hormones'. Puberty and hormonal changes can and do occur as young as ten now. Puberty Info (http://kidshealth.org/kid/grow/body_stuff/puberty.html).

SherlockHomey
I would think his employer was able to give LE information about locations that AB might have been working at. He was likely working a lot at the Burke County location that they spent so much time at.

My question is, who gave LE information about brush piles? They seem to be focused on those and have been since the beginning. Did EB tell them something right away when she admitted to that note and then clammed up with a lawyer?

MOO

Here is the address and info for his employer. It's in Granite Falls. don't know if this has been posted or not.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=coffey+landscaping+hickory+nc&fb=1&gl=us&hq=coffey+landscaping&hnear=Hickory,+NC&hl=en&view=map&cid=17042162611069379266&iwloc=A&ved=0CG0QpQY&sa=X&ei=NWHITLOpC6D6yAWynrxk

PunKnLuV
10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
PunknLuv - I always come in the back way. Do you know what I am saying? I come up the road toward 127...

Road is not blocked off...nothing going on except a couple of police cars. Weird to me.

I live over by Jaycee so I can come up by the golf course right? I know most of those roads come out to 127.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I live over by Jaycee so I can come up by the golf course right? I know most of those roads come out to 127.

Yup, you got it! :)

krimekat
10-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah, IIRC, that post was made around the time BB (EB's nephew's wife, at the time) was filing the "communicating threats" charges.

IMO, EB probably posted that to insinuate that if BB filed the charges, EB would expose BB's (now publicly admitted) drug addiction.

ETA:

Just double-checked EB's criminal records (http://www.wikiupload.com/2oZ0wfvo) and the "communicating threats" charge was filed on May 22, 2010.

I love that people incriminate themselves on social media pages! I remind my teenage nephews if they want to stay out of trouble, keep it off FaceBook! Big Fat DUH!

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Keep in mind there is no actual verification this is the bio mom.

Ima

I can't take that as fact until LE points to someone and says THIS>>IS the Bio-Mom and I hear with my own ears, words come out of her mouth, lol!..no offense to Valhall, she is awesome! ..but even she said in her post that she can't confirm it.

netsleuther
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm kind of surprised that we haven't heard anyone from his past speak out. You know here in the US, the media would hunt friends, family, school or work mates..even an old neighbor down..maybe they're not as aggressive in Oz? I never want to see anyone hounded, but there just usually is someone willing to talk and we haven't really heard anything good or bad about him, have we?

If Ab had a bad past would it have popped up when he first entered the USA?

paradox217
10-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Here is the address and info for his employer. It's in Granite Falls. don't know if this has been posted or not.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=coffey+landscaping+hickory+nc&fb=1&gl=us&hq=coffey+landscaping&hnear=Hickory,+NC&hl=en&view=map&cid=17042162611069379266&iwloc=A&ved=0CG0QpQY&sa=X&ei=NWHITLOpC6D6yAWynrxk

OK - Now I am VERY confused. Did AB work for the Lawn Service or the Tree Company? I have also heard the last name of the employer as Coffey and Causby. Can someone please tell me which is correct?!? TIA:waitasec:

EDITED to Include this form the Independent Tribune
http://www2.independenttribune.com/news/2010/oct/13/authorities-search-burke-county-site-zahra-baker-ar-454140/
Fred Causby is the foreman for Real Tree Services and operates the company from his home on Hartland Road north of Morganton. He hired Baker as a laborer about six months ago.

“He started in March or April,” Causby said. “He’s just a hard working individual.”

Robyn623
10-27-2010, 01:45 PM
http://twitter.com/shelleyclynch

Police searching woodpiles & mulch outside of Zahra Baker's house. Newser at 4:30pm, Latest on Eyewitness News at 5.

PunKnLuV
10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
OK - Now I am VERY confused. Did AB work for the Lawn Service or the Tree Company? I have also heard the last name of the employer as Coffey and Causby. Can someone please tell me which is correct?!? TIA:waitasec:

The County GIS has the property at 21 21st Avenue NW listed as COFFEY FAMILY INVESTMENTS LLC.

kcsmom76
10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
:spit: Thanks....you can come clean my screen now :)

I did the same thing.:crazy:

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 01:48 PM
http://twitter.com/shelleyclynch

Police searching woodpiles & mulch outside of Zahra Baker's house. Newser at 4:30pm, Latest on Eyewitness News at 5.

IDK, it's looks like that would have already been completely done. And it really seems like they are focusing on the dang mulch piles still. :banghead:

Kamille
10-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Causby might contract Coffey's company?

MOO

epiphany
I still think he had been at the station for some time, giving a statement and being interviewed, before the actual arrest was made. Those interviews can take hours and they would not have arrested him right away until they got his complete statement and he answered their questions. Perhaps he stopped answering their questions or was giving unsatisfactory answers and that's when they went ahead and put him under arrest.

There is also the slim possibility that under the guidance of his family, he requested that they start proceedings on the charges that he had warrants for. He can not leave the country until those charges are taken care of and if by some slim chance he is innocent of anything to do with Zahra, he'll want to go home at the earliest opportunity I'm sure.

MOO

I agree with you: early pickup of family member/s at airport>lengthy interview (voluntarily went to HPolice)>arrested @ 3:12 AM.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13392049

Previous Releases:

10/25/10 4:00 PM

SNIPPED: Adam T. Baker, Zahra's father was arrested on 10/25/10 at 3:12 am at the Hickory Police Department.

SNIPPED: Before his arrest, Baker voluntarily came to Hickory Police Headquarters and submitted to an interview. Baker was at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport picking up a family member prior to coming to HPD.

tehcloser
Did LE ever say it was not the woodchipper or was it only the dog handler?

Amster
10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
The County GIS has the property at 21 21st Avenue NW listed as COFFEY FAMILY INVESTMENTS LLC.

Again! :waitasec:

Kamille
10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
IDK, it's looks like that would have already been completely done. And it really seems like they are focusing on the dang mulch piles still. :banghead:

Frustrating isn't it? How can any evidence if found there be taken seriously now? The whole family was traipsing around there last week. :banghead:

catnron
10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
I think she's been on ENOUGH field trips. She needs to stay right where she is until she breaks.:furious:
I wish they could tie her to a tree, leaver the evil witch tied to the tree, day & night until she talks or dies. I am sorry I feel this way but I am just so sick about all the kids being killed.

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 01:54 PM
If Ab had a bad past would it have popped up when he first entered the USA?

I really don't know how bad it would have to be for something to show up...pretty bad I imagine or it would take forever and a day for ANYONE to enter or exit! Even if he has no record in Oz whatsoever..I wonder what his personality is like...what kind of dad non family members think he is/was :(. Was he a hands-on dad or did his mom take care of Zahra for the most part. What is his temperament like, his education level (just out of curiosity)..did he seem slow in any way?...just what people think/thought of him in general. I imagine those that are in the best position to know that kind of stuff are just praying that he didn't have anything to do with this..I know I would be..

Meagain
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Was Zahra known to wear Jewelry? Was there a necklace or something she wore all the time, etc?

believe09
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Frustrating isn't it? How can any evidence if found there be taken seriously now? The whole family was traipsing around there last week. :banghead:

I bet they have been closely watched. There is nothing that indicates to me that they did not get evidence already out of the woodpile/brushpile/burn pile.

They maybe going back for more. Let's say they found hair and fingernails. Maybe they are going back to find a fragment of something more definitive that would mean she could be declared legally dead. Like a rib. Remember, EB may be driving this search.

I applaud them for being thorough. JMVHO.

epiphany
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
After listening to his 911 call and video footage, IMO, AB is calm, cool and collected. Personally, I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

tlcya
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
As do I but I would feel much more comfortable if that whole residence and yard had been sealed as a possible crime scene last week, the day or the vigil and that AB gathered up belongings. JMO

kalekona
10-27-2010, 02:02 PM
We aren't watching CSI. Cases are prosecuted and won everyday where there is no pristine crime scene. Gary Ridgeway house and car had been owned by others for years and LE was still able to connect the evidence to Ridgeway.

You can trust that there were photo's taken of that house inside and out prior to AB being allowed back in.

sophclown
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Police News Conference at 4:30 p.m. EST

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25538458/detail.html

kalekona
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Radberky wcnc is reporting they are digging up the yard at the house

http://twitpic.com/31d42y

Butterfingers
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Digging up yard at Zahra' s house.

Kamille
10-27-2010, 02:08 PM
EB had to have told them that AB told her Zahra is buried under a brush pile but she doesn't know where IMO.

NoeticSoul
10-27-2010, 02:09 PM

IIRC, Weren't there a bunch of people and cars "circled" around those woodpiles during the vigil/memorial?

sunsetbeach
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM

Ok this makes me think the woodchipper is coming back into play. Why else would they be searching all these wood piles all over the place? Something was scattered in my opinion.

Surely they are looking for her and not just evidence of a crime.

As far as I know I can't recall any LE person saying to the press via tv etc that the woodchipper was ruled out.

If they did say that can someone provide a link please.

JoeFromLB
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
After listening to his 911 call and video footage, IMO, AB is calm, cool and collected. Personally, I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Way too cool, and way too calm, imo.

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Ok this makes me think the woodchipper is coming back into play. Why else would they be searching all these wood piles all over the place? Something was scattered in my opinion.

As far as I know I can't recall any LE person saying to the press via tv etc that the woodchipper was ruled out.

This is what I'm afraid of.

Juno
10-27-2010, 02:17 PM
In my opinion, an earlier fire will come into play here and they are looking for bones. They may have even found bones scattered around various areas. They haven't found her body, but I feel like they have found bones and are waiting for DNA results to confirm. JMHO.

Patty G
10-27-2010, 02:18 PM

For me personally, more confirmation is needed then just an email address out of Australia and a name. Email addresses are a "dime a dozen" and even with a primary email address can have fictitious names attached. JMO

tlcya
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
We aren't watching CSI. Cases are prosecuted and won everyday where there is no pristine crime scene. Gary Ridgeway house and car had been owned by others for years and LE was still able to connect the evidence to Ridgeway.

You can trust that there were photo's taken of that house inside and out prior to AB being allowed back in.

True, but many in the prospective jury pool do indeed watch things like CSI and forensic files. I am concerned with future murder charges and a defense attorney's ability to call into question anything found there at this point.

We have all seen the shenanigans of Mr. Jose Biaz in the Casey Anthony matter and I am just hoping there is no door for similar doubt throwing to be available to defense cousel in this matter.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM

Not to mention everyone and their brother leaving stuffed animals, balloons and signs on the tree in the yard.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
http://twitter.com/radberkywcnc

Digging up yard at Zahras house.

Savmom
10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.wsoctv.com/2010/1027/25538461_240X180.jpg

Pic of the digging taken from here (http://www.wsoctv.com/zahra-baker/index.html)

westsidefox64
10-27-2010, 02:23 PM

EDITED to Include this form the Independent Tribune
http://www2.independenttribune.com/news/2010/oct/13/authorities-search-burke-county-site-zahra-baker-ar-454140/
Fred Causby is the foreman for Real Tree Services and operates the company from his home on Hartland Road north of Morganton. He hired Baker as a laborer about six months ago.

“He started in March or April,” Causby said. “He’s just a hard working individual.”

BBM JMO I think Coffey owns the company and Causby is his employee AKA foreman.

darnudes
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM

There is someone - hopefully they will be back soon.

tlcya
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Police have searched the home, located on 21st Avenue in Hickory, before. Investigators have not said what led them to begin searching the area again, but police have scheduled a news conference in connection with the case at 4:30 p.m.

http://www.wsoctv.com/zahra-baker/25538458/detail.html

ella971
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
LE is doing a great job. Kind of wish they would of started at this point in the yard at least they are there digging now.

KPMcLovin
10-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Clouding up and stormy again here, about 80 miles SW of Hickory.

SherlockHomey

Pic of the digging taken from here (http://www.wsoctv.com/zahra-baker/index.html)
:sick:

wfgodot
Hickory Daily Record account of the current proceedings:
Zahra Baker Case: Police news conference at 4:30
Investigators are digging up the home site in Hickory
---
Police investigators are currently out at the former Baker house in Hickory at 21 21st Ave. NW. Details of what they are searching for or what has been discovered is currently unclear.

Investigators had been using rakes then used earth-moving equipment to dig on both sides of the house, from 11:45 this morning
---

more at
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/27/zahra-baker-case-police-news-conference-430-ar-487878/

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Another severe thunderstorm warning.

ella971
Someone had to have started talking.

Patty G

I wish we knew exactly where in the backyard the fire was started. I am having visions of Maria Lauterbach and the firepit. :(

tehcloser
10-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Interesting that we are getting a presser.

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh my...please don't tell me that she has been in that yard this whole time...I just don't think my heart could take that...

elepher50
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM
And the horror continues:

A team of investigators is going through piles of mulch around the home of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker, and police have scheduled a 4:30 p.m. news conference

http://www.wsoctv.com/zahra-baker/index.html

ETA: Better pix

passionflower
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM

just bumping in case someone missed this

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 02:32 PM
PunkNLuv was headed out that way. Maybe she will be back soon to report. I do hope this will be over soon. I too hate to think she was in the yard the whole time.

kalekona
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Not likeing the tweets I am reading, adding them to a presser and my stomach just turned over.. (also had my connection crap out and i kept refreshing and refreshing and nothing new was coming up I felt all alone.. then I calmed down and fired up taptalk on my phone there you all were.. have I said I hate dial up today? cause I do)

Pondering Mind

and I had put the woodchipper in the back of my mind thinking that there would have been way too big of a mess had it been used. Then again...it wouldn't necessarily have had to have been a body put through it for the dogs to hit...could have been anything with decomp..:(

cluciano63
Ok so that is 4:30 EST? 2 hours from now?

I think they must have some news...:(

sophclown
10-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Digging in Zahra's yard and Police news Conference:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/27/zahra-baker-case-police-news-conference-430-ar-487878/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

JSR
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh my...please don't tell me that she has been in that yard this whole time...I just don't think my heart could take that...

Sadly sometimes "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one."

darnudes
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Interesting that we are getting a presser.

How many hours away is the presser teh? It's a bit hard to work out with the different time zones. TIA

JoeFromLB
10-27-2010, 02:37 PM

...and EB led them all over the county to "search" for her. :banghead:

Pondering Mind
just bumping in case someone missed this

That's 2 whole hours away!!!! I've got to get off of here and busy myself for a while. Gonna go find that xanax that I put away for a really bad day first..:(

cluciano63
2 hours i think, from now

Patty G
How many hours away is the presser teh? It's a bit hard to work out with the different time zones. TIA

2 hours

wfgodot

Just under two hours.

Patty G
10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Ok so that is 4:30 EST? 2 hours from now?

I think they must have some news...:(

Yes, it is EDT.

darnudes

And if she was, then how sick was that little balloon release ceremony on behalf of AB.

Pondering Mind

It's 2:38 EST right now, so 2 L O N G hours..:(

kalekona
10-27-2010, 02:39 PM

It is possible they were looking for other evidence not Zahra the past few days.

elepher50
Police investigators are currently out at the former Baker house in Hickory at 21 21st Ave. NW. Details of what they are searching for or what has been discovered is currently unclear.

Investigators had been using rakes then used earth-moving equipment to dig on both sides of the house, from 11:45 this morning

The Daily Record will provide details as soon as any are available.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/27/zahra-baker-case-police-news-conference-430-ar-487878/

krimekat
and I had put the woodchipper in the back of my mind thinking that there would have been way too big of a mess had it been used. Then again...it wouldn't necessarily have had to have been a body put through it for the dogs to hit...could have been anything with decomp..:(

A decomposing human body . . . the dogs are trained to hit on "human decomp", not animals (is this correct, sarx?)

passionflower
How close are the houses on the street?
Wouldn't neighbors hear or see or look if AB
was using equipment there?
Did they bury her during the day when everyone was at work?

Pondering Mind
10-27-2010, 02:41 PM
And if she was, then how sick was that little balloon release ceremony on behalf of AB.

I was thinking about that!!! Adam could have been standing on his daughters dump sight.. :furious:..and that's what it would be too..not a 'burial'..a DUMP site...my heart is pounding with fury..I want her found so bad, but please don't let this be where she is!

JoeFromLB
It is possible they were looking for other evidence not Zahra the past few days.

Right. The mattress, etc.

sunsetbeach
Not likeing the tweets I am reading, adding them to a presser and my stomach just turned over.. (also had my connection crap out and i kept refreshing and refreshing and nothing new was coming up I felt all alone.. then I calmed down and fired up taptalk on my phone there you all were.. have I said I hate dial up today? cause I do)

Are you using #zahra when looking for tweets?

passionflower
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
On TV weather channel, tornado warning at Charlotte, Hickory near ther?

Patty G
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and that was done with Adam and the Baker clan. :(

pufnstuf
http://media.wcnc.com/images/102710-Zahra+Baker+home+search+01.jpg

Image from article linked below, WCNC:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Searchers-digging-in-Zahra-Bakers-backyard-105885438.html

Rad's Twitter: http://twitter.com/radberkywcnc

SherlockHomey
How close are the houses on the street?
Wouldn't neighbors hear or see or look if AB
was using equipment there?
Did they bury her during the day when everyone was at work?

Passionflower, you just read my mind. Those houses are very very close together and it's right there almost on the main road close to businesses. I don't think there would be any way anyone could do this without someone else noticing.

JSR

I have a feeling she doesn't want LE to see how Z actually died. So she's leading them on a wild goose chase. I think she's hoping time will conceal what really happened. And I hope and pray just the exact opposite.

Pondering Mind
A decomposing human body . . . the dogs are trained to hit on "human decomp", not animals (is this correct, sarx?)

I just meant that it could be her leg, etc. .any item that had come in contact with decomp from this poor child...it wouldn't have to be her 'body' that went thru the woodchipper..I can't hardly type that..guess that's why I didn't I wasn't clear in my last post...

elepher50
The houses look to be fairly close together I think:

Fyrecat
I wonder, if perhaps that they are digging up everywhere the parents lived, figuring if they hit alot of rocks, there will be pay dirt somewhere. Or perhaps they are just following procedure of some sort, such as they have searched everywhere else, now they are looking yet another place for Z.

SherlockHomey
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
On TV weather channel, tornado warning at Charlotte, Hickory near ther?

Eastern Catawba county. Yes.

epiphany
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
http://www.newstopic.net/pages/full_story/push?article-A+potential+break+in+case%20&id=10056448&instance=main_article

HPD Maj. Clyde Deal said investigators were looking for clues about the girl’s disappearance in a multi-layered effort to find out what happened to Zahra.

“It’s like putting a puzzle together,” Deal said. “We have some of the pieces, but there are others we’re still looking for.

“Speaking forensically, there are several things out there that could certainly give this case a boost, and some of them we’re still looking for.”

darnudes
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
I was thinking about that!!! Adam could have been standing on his daughters dump sight.. :furious:..and that's what it would be too..not a 'burial'..a DUMP site...my heart is pounding with fury..I want her found so bad, but please don't let this be where she is!

I know it would be an unimaginable act on his part - probably better for me not to say anything more on this until the press conference.

I have to say though that nearly anything is better than finding Zahra had been put through a wood-chipper. I have been holding out hope all along that this was not done to Zahra.

If that turns out to be the case there wouldn't be much hope for either of them when it goes to trial.

I hope someone is hugging and holding on to Karen Baker at this time.

sophclown
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
LE may have found Zahra's prosthetic leg buried in the yard!! I hope that it not the woodchipper. I hope that LE has examined the basement for any evidence.