PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Sneiderman Murder - Wife Arrested and charged, alleged lover sentenced to LWOP

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Soulmagent
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-863935.html

Please read the attached article. I think the case is finally coming together.

It does look that way. I cant think of any reason for the request of the information other then an affair. I also think AS statement about him being a friend of the family is/was a henious statement to make about someone who just killed your husband and had been having an affair with you.IMO

If she was not involved in the murder she should of outted the affair on day one or admitted to daily emails. The fact she tried to hide those emails to me makes it look as if she was both having the affair and involved in the murder. I mean after all he didnt Kill his wife , wonder if she was next?

SURI2007
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I really think she is being careful now for good reason. It just may be a little too late for that. I think she knew she had to say something. I heard that she communicated via email through a family member when she originally made her statement of the suspect being a "family friend."

southcitymom
03-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I wonder if the divorce filing is more of a financial move on the wife's part to save her portion of the money from going to his defense attorneys? Sure, she wants to rid herself of him, but why do it now?

Interesting note: Does it seem that EVERY single murder victim we read about who was married had a cheating spouse? Of course the defense attorneys say, "My client was a cheater. Yes that's true. But it doesn't make him/her a killer." Really? Maybe if EVERY married person had an affair it would make it believable.

I definitely think Hemy's wife wants to protect their assets before they are gobbled up by a criminal defense trial, but the fact that Rusty Sneiderman's wife was subpoenaed in this legal separation action - that right there tells me she thinks they were having an affair.

That said - I still haven't seen a lick of evidence that his wife was involved in his murder. Maybe she was, but so far, nothing has been released that allows us to make that connection.

Hemy left his wife a few weeks after he returned from that business trip with Andrea. Hemy was willing to leave his family, but Andrea hadn't left hers. Maybe Hemy was taking matters into his own hands when he decided to kill Rusty - hoping it would leave Andrea free to be with him.

oceanblueeyes
03-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I definitely think Hemy's wife wants to protect their assets before they are gobbled up by a criminal defense trial, but the fact that Rusty Sneiderman's wife was subpoenaed in this legal separation action - that right there tells me she thinks they were having an affair.

That said - I still haven't seen a lick of evidence that his wife was involved in his murder. Maybe she was, but so far, nothing has been released that allows us to make that connection.

Hemy left his wife a few weeks after he returned from that business trip with Andrea. Hemy was willing to leave his family, but Andrea hadn't left hers. Maybe Hemy was taking matters into his own hands when he decided to kill Rusty - hoping it would leave Andrea free to be with him.

Well I certainly do think they were having an affair. JMO.

Imo, a boss doesn't email his employee at 2:00 in the morning.

But then some people do get away with murder simply because they talked the other one into doing the crime.

I do believe the DA suspects she is up to her eyeballs in Rusty's murder.....but believing and proving are two different matters.

I have a feeling either way this is going to cast suspicions on her that she will never overcome.

IMO

cluciano63
03-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I guess it depends what the emails say, especially ones after the murder...

southcitymom
03-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Well I certainly do think they were having an affair. JMO.

Imo, a boss doesn't email his employee at 2:00 in the morning.

But then some people do get away with murder simply because they talked the other one into doing the crime.

I do believe the DA suspects she is up to her eyeballs in Rusty's murder.....but believing and proving are two different matters.

I have a feeling either way this is going to cast suspicions on her that she will never overcome.

IMO

I'm with you, OBE. I'm pretty well convinced about the affair. I'm wide open on whether or not she was involved in the murder. Either way, her life has definitely taken a turn for the shadows.

Soulmagent
03-08-2011, 10:37 PM

That does not explain why she was hiding emails on purpose from the investigators. You make a good point that he could have been tired of waiting for her to leave her husband.

Still Hemy would have to know what day the Rusty dropped the kid at daycare and what time to be there. It would have had to be much more then an affair for those details to come up wouldnt it? I mean do you talk about what your spouse is doing every minute of the day when your having an affair?
Or do you relish in the few minutes you were able to sneak away?

I dont know I have never had an affair (havent cheated even on a b/f since I was 18 and that was youthful and developmental) I will say I dont even talk to my husband about everything I am doing during the day even though I share everything with him and we are close. So I am having a hard time buying she has two small kids and a husband and a boyfriend and a job and has time to tell her lover what her hubby is doing and where he is going. JMO.

southcitymom
03-08-2011, 11:07 PM
That does not explain why she was hiding emails on purpose from the investigators. You make a good point that he could have been tired of waiting for her to leave her husband.

Still Hemy would have to know what day the Rusty dropped the kid at daycare and what time to be there. It would have had to be much more then an affair for those details to come up wouldnt it? I mean do you talk about what your spouse is doing every minute of the day when your having an affair?

I dont know I have never had an affair (havent cheated even on a b/f since I was 18 and that was youthful and developmental) I will say I dont even talk to my husband about everything I am doing during the day even though I share everything with him and we are close. So I am having a hard time buying she has two small kids and a husband and a boyfriend and a job and has time to tell her lover what her hubby is doing and where he is going. JMO.

I hear you, SM, about the "hiding emails." I'm not convinced she was hiding them (that could just be legal speak - I'm not sure), BUT even if she did keep them close to the vest - that might have been because she didn't want evidence of her affair given out. I can see wanting to hide that (I've never cheated on my husband, either, but I have cheated in the past with other men) - even if she knew nothing about murder.

I don;t necessarily think it would be hard for Hemy to figure out her husband's schedule and Dunwoody Daycare. He might have known other family's kids that went there. They moved in similar circles. I just don't know.

Plus, once she saw they arrested and charged him, she must have known all sorts of crazy was going to come out based on her affair. But - until we hear what was in those communications - I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, as OBE pointed out, it's not looking good for her right now. I won't be shocked if it turns out she was involved. No one who follows crime regularly would be!

panthera
03-08-2011, 11:09 PM

That is one point that I also have a hard time dismissing: how did he know Rusty would be dropping the child off and at what time? It doesn't appear that even Rusty would have been in such close contact with him that he (Rusty) would have mentioned it. And for Neuman to even go as far as renting a car to use during the commission of the crime, seems as if he knew for certain his target would be there. So my question is, if she didn't tell him then how did he know? MOO

kgeaux
03-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I wonder if the divorce filing is more of a financial move on the wife's part to save her portion of the money from going to his defense attorneys? Sure, she wants to rid herself of him, but why do it now?

Interesting note: Does it seem that EVERY single murder victim we read about who was married had a cheating spouse? Of course the defense attorneys say, "My client was a cheater. Yes that's true. But it doesn't make him/her a killer." Really? Maybe if EVERY married person had an affair it would make it believable.

I see it a little differently. It is sort of like those intersecting circles we used to have in math class. Big circle of married spouses who cheat. Big circle of murder victims. Smaller intersecting circle of married spouses who end up as murder victims.......Not all cheaters murder, and not all murderers are cheaters!

Gozgals
03-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the updates. I believe too they were having an affair and have since she did not ID him from the get go. I am still unsure if she was involved in the murder or he ran with it after the business trip and took this upon himself. I gather he fell in love with her.
I'm sure LE is watching her carefully and have gone over all the evidence they have regarding the wife.

I found it tragic he had to lose his life over another marriage which what I believe the cause may be cheating spouses! Why can't divorce be an option for some that murder, (not saying she is involved yet) but all we read about here. It's as if they all think they are going to get away with killing their spouses.

Blessings for Rusty
Goz

BrownRice
03-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Regarding the time for daycare drop off, it could have been something Rusty had shared before (i.e. he and Hemy were trying to meet up for coffee to go over Hemy's resume and Rusty said "I drop off Johnny at xxx at 9, so I could meet you down the street at 9:15" or something like that). Or maybe Andrea usually did it and couldn't be at an early team meeting until 9, but on Thursdays Rusty did it. Something like that.

angelmom
03-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Regarding the time for daycare drop off, it could have been something Rusty had shared before (i.e. he and Hemy were trying to meet up for coffee to go over Hemy's resume and Rusty said "I drop off Johnny at xxx at 9, so I could meet you down the street at 9:15" or something like that). Or maybe Andrea usually did it and couldn't be at an early team meeting until 9, but on Thursdays Rusty did it. Something like that.

I agree that this isn't hard evidence. Too many details come up in conversation casually, especially if they were meeting to network and help Hemy find a new job.

And Hemy may have watched Rusty to get an idea of his schedule. This might have been the one really consistent point of his whole day.

I see it a little differently. It is sort of like those intersecting circles we used to have in math class. Big circle of married spouses who cheat. Big circle of murder victims. Smaller intersecting circle of married spouses who end up as murder victims.......Not all cheaters murder, and not all murderers are cheaters!

I agree, although I'm not sure how small the intersecting circle of murderers who cheat would be. I'm trying to think of one who didn't.

Was it the Scott Peterson case where a talking head said, "Not all cheaters are murderers, but virtually all murderers are cheaters." ???

southcitymom
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM

I agree. Rusty considered Hemy a friend - the families were friendly. Plenty of people in my circle could have figured out when I dropped my kids off at daycare/preschool.

angelmom
03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/attorney-state-evidence-indicates-867822.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

The attorney for Hemy Neuman's wife said her client's husband was having an affair with the widow of the man he's accused of killing.

"We believe there was an extramarital relationship between Hemy Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman," Esther Panitch, who represents Ariela Neuman, told the AJC.

oceanblueeyes
03-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the updates. I believe too they were having an affair and have since she did not ID him from the get go. I am still unsure if she was involved in the murder or he ran with it after the business trip and took this upon himself. I gather he fell in love with her.
I'm sure LE is watching her carefully and have gone over all the evidence they have regarding the wife.

I found it tragic he had to lose his life over another marriage which what I believe the cause may be cheating spouses! Why can't divorce be an option for some that murder, (not saying she is involved yet) but all we read about here. It's as if they all think they are going to get away with killing their spouses.

Blessings for Rusty
Goz

I still say she probably knew this was going to happen.

If so, it shows two cold unfeeling self centered human beings, IMO.

It seems Hemy was having financial difficulties.

I would gather Rusty was not and had acquired plenty of wealth.

She would not have to share custody of the children with Rusty. Nor would she have to wait for a long and laborious divorce case to be finalized.

She would not have to share his wealth because if he was dead she would get it all.

I see more benefits for Rusty's wife with him deceased than I do for Hemy. I think Hemy was just the tool used.

Now will the police ever be able to prove that? Maybe or maybe not.

IMO

angelmom
03-11-2011, 07:26 AM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27158306/detail.html

Neuman’s wife, Ariela, filed papers compelling the Dekalb District Attorney's Office to hand over any evidence that would prove a romantic and/or physical relationship between her husband and Andrea Sneiderman. Ariela Neuman’s attorney said the two were having an affair.

But the DA's Office fired off an objection to that request. The DA’s filing said in part "that the state does possess material and information which responds to the plaintiff's subpoena to produce." In other words, the state has evidence that would point to a relationship between the Neuman and Sneiderman's wife.

The state doesn’t want to hand over the evidence, in part because the information could be released to the media, the filing said.

Isn't this an interesting difference between this case and the Kyron Horman case???

Gozgals
03-11-2011, 07:33 AM
I still say she probably knew this was going to happen.

If so, it shows two cold unfeeling self centered human beings, IMO.

It seems Hemy was having financial difficulties.

I would gather Rusty was not and had acquired plenty of wealth.

She would not have to share custody of the children with Rusty. Nor would she have to wait for a long and laborious divorce case to be finalized.

She would not have to share his wealth because if he was dead she would get it all.

I see more benefits for Rusty's wife with him deceased than I do for Hemy. I think Hemy was just the tool used.

Now will the police ever be able to prove that? Maybe or maybe not.

IMO

Thanks! I hope that LE can prove it. People are not that bright and if she is involved, I'm sure she made a mistake. It's important before an arrest (as we all know) to have all the ducks in a row.

I hate these stories of such cold people. I think if you need to step out on your spouse, divorce them esp. if children are involved.

Goz

angelmom
03-11-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/van-led-cops-to-869330.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

the 48-year-old engineer visited a shooting range 16 days before he allegedly gunned down a co-worker's husband, 36-year-old Rusty Sneiderman, last Nov. 18. His signature on a sign-in sheet at a Woodstock range was among 3,233 pieces of evidence collected by the DeKalb County District Attorney's Office.

panthera
03-11-2011, 10:51 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/van-led-cops-to-869330.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

the 48-year-old engineer visited a shooting range 16 days before he allegedly gunned down a co-worker's husband, 36-year-old Rusty Sneiderman, last Nov. 18. His signature on a sign-in sheet at a Woodstock range was among 3,233 pieces of evidence collected by the DeKalb County District Attorney's Office.

That appears to be quite a bit of evidence. The timing of the visit to the shooting range is interesting, however, I'm curious if it was the only time he went or not. MOO

southcitymom
03-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Good Lord!

I have to say that there seems to have been some good police work in this case.

oceanblueeyes
03-12-2011, 02:11 PM
That appears to be quite a bit of evidence. The timing of the visit to the shooting range is interesting, however, I'm curious if it was the only time he went or not. MOO

I think it sure shows he was preparing himself for this premeditated plan for at least 2 weeks prior.

It reminds me of Army Major Nidal Hasan who began practicing at the firing range before he went on his murder spree at Ft. Hood.

IMO

panthera
03-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I think it sure shows he was preparing himself for this premeditated plan for at least 2 weeks prior.

It reminds me of Army Major Nidal Hasan who began practicing at the firing range before he went on his murder spree at Ft. Hood.

IMO

Simply renting the car and having the disguise shows premeditation, so the trip to the shooting range is a bonus. At least it appears LE has a very solid case against him. MOO

angelmom
03-12-2011, 09:27 PM
1) I wonder if they ever found the gun.

2) I wonder if Hemy ever owned a gun.

If 1 and 2, then 3) I wonder if he has been able to show that gun to LE for a ballistics comparison.

If 2 but not 3, then 4) I wonder if the gun he used to own is the same type used at the gun range (do they keep track of stuff like that?) or the same type used at the crime scene.

OR I wonder if the gun used at the range is the same as the one used in the crime, regardless of 1, 2, or 3.

I need a press conference. Amen?

southcitymom
03-12-2011, 11:10 PM
1) I wonder if they ever found the gun.

2) I wonder if Hemy ever owned a gun.

If 1 and 2, then 3) I wonder if he has been able to show that gun to LE for a ballistics comparison.

If 2 but not 3, then 4) I wonder if the gun he used to own is the same type used at the gun range (do they keep track of stuff like that?) or the same type used at the crime scene.

OR I wonder if the gun used at the range is the same as the one used in the crime, regardless of 1, 2, or 3.

I need a press conference. Amen?

I hear you - lost in those questions I want to know the answers to too!

But my BIG I wonder is - was Rusty's wife involved?

Sonya610
03-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Plus, once she saw they arrested and charged him, she must have known all sorts of crazy was going to come out based on her affair. But - until we hear what was in those communications - I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I think despite the fact they were engineers or whatever they were incredibly stupid. The murder itself was not well thought out.

Plus regarding her fear of admitting an affair, your husband is gunned down, the father to your children etc...is dead right outside the daycare center. When it turns out the prime suspect just happens to be your lover you keep quiet so as not to make yourself look bad???

An innocent person that may have had an affair but never imagined it would lead to their husband being gunned down would come clean right then. An innocent person would be so darn shocked at the brutality of the situation they would at the very least be in fear this unstable lover nutcase might come after them or their kids should he be released. Covering up the affair would be the least of their concerns.

Sonya610
03-13-2011, 03:17 PM

True but number of divorces and affairs and such does impact the murder risk quite a bit.

Years ago I took a fun quiz called "Rate Your Risk of Being Murdered". Back then the quiz response offered good tips on the risk factors and such. Divorce/Cheating/Workplace (ie convenience store, firings, etc...)/Size of city and also the number of loaded firearms you keep nearby were mentioned as big factors.

I posted a version of the test on websleuths if anyone wants to try it (though the response answers are very PC on this version, they don't tell you what reduces your risks or inflates it anymore, they just offer very tame advice instead).

Rate Your Risk of being Murdered - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

panthera
03-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I hear you - lost in those questions I want to know the answers to too!

But my BIG I wonder is - was Rusty's wife involved?

That is the one question I'd like answered also. Even if she wasn't directly involved in Rusty's murder, i.e. setting the stage for Neuman to kill him at the daycare, did she lead Neuman to believe there was a future between them if her husband was out of the way? Or did Neuman believe that on his own and was she totally oblivious to his plan? MOO

*LD*
03-23-2011, 12:49 PM
The judge has denied Mrs. Neumans's request for information the DA has about the affair citing "paperwork error". This only means that her lawyers will have to refile their request. Clearly the DA is just stalling but the DA did admit to the AJC that they do have proof that there was an affair going on between Andrea and Hemy

robinparten
03-23-2011, 01:19 PM
It will be so interesting to see the evidence, particularly evidence that points to the "constant communication" between Hemy and Andrea right before and after the murder. I wonder if they were in constant communication all the time, or if that only happened right around the murder.

The more I think about this case, the less likely I believe it is that Hemy murdered Rusty without Andrea's knowledge. I don't know why, but the "constant communication" they allegedly had around the time of the murder seems to cast a load of suspicion on Andrea, for me at least.

*LD*
03-23-2011, 03:57 PM
It will be so interesting to see the evidence, particularly evidence that points to the "constant communication" between Hemy and Andrea right before and after the murder. I wonder if they were in constant communication all the time, or if that only happened right around the murder.

The more I think about this case, the less likely I believe it is that Hemy murdered Rusty without Andrea's knowledge. I don't know why, but the "constant communication" they allegedly had around the time of the murder seems to cast a load of suspicion on Andrea, for me at least.

All good points! The thing that convinced me Andrea knew was her behavior after the attack. She played the grieving widow while his family told the press they were cluless about who would want to hurt Rusty. Andrea knew and did not inform the police. It wasn't like she gave. It a few weeks and then an arrest was made. Hemy was not arrested until 6 weeks after the murder. Seems Andrea would have been just fine if he'd never been caught.

I live in Atlanta and Andrea received a lot of support in the jewish community after the murder and hemy's arrest. In January, after the arrest, she even spoke at her synogog when they did a tribute to Rusty's life complete with a picture and video tribute. It seems that none of their friends thought she was having an affair much less was involved in her husband's murder.

The entire story is so twisted and sad.

kgeaux
03-23-2011, 04:51 PM
All good points! The thing that convinced me Andrea knew was her behavior after the attack. She played the grieving widow while his family told the press they were cluless about who would want to hurt Rusty. Andrea knew and did not inform the police. It wasn't like she gave. It a few weeks and then an arrest was made. Hemy was not arrested until 6 weeks after the murder. Seems Andrea would have been just fine if he'd never been caught.

I live in Atlanta and Andrea received a lot of support in the jewish community after the murder and hemy's arrest. In January, after the arrest, she even spoke at her synogog when they did a tribute to Rusty's life complete with a picture and video tribute. It seems that none of their friends thought she was having an affair much less was involved in her husband's murder.

The entire story is so twisted and sad.

It will also be interesting to find out if the constant communication abruptly halted after the murder.

Blondie in Spokane
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
It will also be interesting to find out if the constant communication abruptly halted after the murder.

Good point!

fran
03-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Thousands of documents gathered in Neuman murder trial

DUNWOODY, GA -- Rusty Sneiderman was killed in front of his son's daycare in November 2010. Now, the case against the man accused of killing him is beginning to take shape -- in the form of thousands of documents.

The district attorney has gathered 6,000 documents so far. One shows the sale for a Bersa .40 handgun, bought last April. No name is on the document. Another is a sign-in sheet, signed by Hemy Neuman at a Woodstock shooting range on November 1, 2010 - his daughter's birthday, and less than three weeks before Rusty Sneiderman was killed.

Among the 3,000 documents handed over to Neuman's defense attorneys on Tuesday, some video from a Dalton gun show. It does not specify what's on the video.

Also handed over, over 500 emails from Andrea Sneiderman, Rusty's widow -- and some 300 emails from Neuman.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/184141/3/Thousands-of-documents-gathered-in-Neuman-murder-trial

fran
03-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Just fwiw. Background of Mrs. Neuman's attorney.

http://www.thecrier.net/articles/2011/03/29/front/sneiderman.txt

Dunwoody attorney in forefront of Sneiderman case

Dunwoody attorney Esther Panitch may be sitting on the sidelines April 4 when Hemy Zvi Neuman is arraigned in DeKalb Superior Court on two charges related to the November 18 murder of Russell Sneiderman. But she is right in the middle of the action nonetheless.

Panitch, who is representing Hemy Neuman’s wife, Ariela, in a family matter has brought public attention to what may be a possible motive for the killing—an extra-marital relationship between Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman, the victim’s wife.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.thecrier.net/articles/2011/03/29/front/sneiderman.txt

T-Rex
03-30-2011, 05:08 PM
One more article, with a note in the Comments section claiming that Andrea Sneiderman usually took their child to daycare, but not that day.
http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-prep-shooting-state-collects-more-evidence-request-for-documents-denied

angelmom
03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
One more article, with a note in the Comments section claiming that Andrea Sneiderman usually took their child to daycare, but not that day.
http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-prep-shooting-state-collects-more-evidence-request-for-documents-denied

WOW! Very interesting.

cluciano63
03-30-2011, 05:28 PM
WOW! Very interesting.

If true, very circumstantially incriminating, at least...

angelmom
04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/neuman-pleads-not-guilty-897189.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Neuman pleads not guilty in Dunwoody daycare killing

Neuman's attorney, Doug Peters, asked for and was granted 30 additional days by DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams to pore over more than 6,000 pages of documents and dozens of hours of recorded interviews turned over by the state as discovery evidence.

panthera
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/neuman-pleads-not-guilty-897189.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Neuman pleads not guilty in Dunwoody daycare killing

Neuman's attorney, Doug Peters, asked for and was granted 30 additional days by DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams to pore over more than 6,000 pages of documents and dozens of hours of recorded interviews turned over by the state as discovery evidence.

With the "mountain" of evidence against him, I wonder what his defense will be. :waitasec:

Carla Lashelle
04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
You know wayyyy back I said it sounded like some sort of love triangle/affair type of hit and everyone pooh poohed it saying they seemed so nice. Guess not... Im glad they finally figured this one out though.

fran
04-05-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/185929/3/Dunwoody-daycare-murder-suspect-pleads-not-guilty

During his arraignment, Neuman never looked around the courtroom. There were no friends or family in attendance. Neuman's wife has not visited or had any contact with him since his arrest. He has communicated with his children but not in person.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Soulmagent
04-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Investigation revealed that there was continuous communication between Andrea Sneiderman and the defendant before and after the homicide," the search warrant affidavit stated.

After Neuman's arrest, Andrea Sneiderman issued a written statement, saying she was "shocked to learn that the man charged with murder was my former boss, a person who we thought was a friend of our family." She has not been charged with anything

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/185929/3/Dunwoody-daycare-murder-suspect-pleads-not-guilty

I guess we know she was emailing him AFTER the murder as well. Now we just need content..I dont guess we will get that until it comes out in court.

angelmom
04-10-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-905179.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

The widow of the Dunwoody entrepreneur shot and killed outside a day care facility last fall has put the couple's home on the market, the AJC has learned.

Andrea Sneiderman has listed the Dogwood Estates property with Coldwell Banker, which is asking $979,000 for the five-bedroom, four-bathroom house.

southcitymom
04-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Don't y'all think if they thought Rusty's wife was involved, she would have been charged by now? The fact that she hasn't (even though there are obviously mountains of emails and calls between her and Neumann) really has me believing that he acted alone. Nuts!

And (totally off topic) if I had $1 million dollars to spend on housing, I'd either live ON the ocean or have two or three houses - my main one, one on the ocean, one in the mountains..... I just don't understand having a million dollar home in Atlanta - no matter how much money I made!

cluciano63
04-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Don't y'all think if they thought Rusty's wife was involved, she would have been charged by now? The fact that she hasn't (even though there are obviously mountains of emails and calls between her and Neumann) really has me believing that he acted alone. Nuts!

And (totally off topic) if I had $1 million dollars to spend on housing, I'd either live ON the ocean or have two or three houses - my main one, one on the ocean, one in the mountains..... I just don't understand having a million dollar home in Atlanta - no matter how much money I made!

She might still be charged in some manner, if she was involved or knew it was going to happen. Her role would be much harder to prove than his.

(And me too, as to your 2nd comment...totally. Or even a little apartment in NYC)

southcitymom
04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
She might still be charged in some manner, if she was involved or knew it was going to happen. Her role would be much harder to prove than his.

(And me too, as to your 2nd comment...totally. Or even a little apartment in NYC)

UBM - well yes, harder to prove unless emails and phone calls supported it, and I would think they would really lay it out if she were involved. I mean they haven't said a word about her being involved or even if she is being investigated.

I would think if there was evidence that they were both involved, it would speak more fully to motive and make for more of a slam-dunk case if they were both charged.

Also, I have to wonder if she's leaving Atlanta to start fresh somewhere else.....especially since everyone in her circle must assume she was having an affair and that this affair led (in some form or fashion) to her husband's death.

SuziQ
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Um no. Unless LE and the DA are careless. You've been around for awhile. You know the drill, grand jury indictment required for a Capital Murder charge (even with a confession), time is on LE's side so they wait, once you charge someone the clock starts ticking toward trial, etc etc. How many cases do we have on WS where we are still waiting, years later, for LE to arrest a likely perp. Probably most of them. IMO.

Soulmagent
04-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I think she is involved. She has a lawyer so maybe the investigators do not want to tip off anything and are adding her actions after his death to their list of things that may come up in a trial. They have no reason to rush.

She also might not be involved but it seems LE would have came out and made a statement about her not being involved if they believed she wasnt and didnt plan on charging her.

southcitymom
04-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Um no. Unless LE and the DA are careless. You've been around for awhile. You know the drill, grand jury indictment required for a Capital Murder charge (even with a confession), time is on LE's side so they wait, once you charge someone the clock starts ticking toward trial, etc etc. How many cases do we have on WS where we are still waiting, years later, for LE to arrest a likely perp. Probably most of them. IMO.

You make good points, SuziQ, but if they both are involved, it confuses me that one was arrested and indicted so rapidly and one was not. I'm trying to think of another similar case, but can't.

You are right that time is on the side of LE/DA, but the clock is already ticking towards a trial for Neumann - if she's involved, much of the same evidence is at play for her potential conviction. Why wait?

Perhaps there are a strategic reasons for doing so, but honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing what those reasons would be.

It seems to me that her potential involvement would be spelled out fairly clearly if she was in constant contact with Hemy before, during and after the murders. If the case goes to trial, she's definitely going to be a key witness. I just can't get a handle on whether or not LE suspects her.

southcitymom
04-10-2011, 06:54 PM
I think she is involved. She has a lawyer so maybe the investigators do not want to tip off anything and are adding her actions after his death to their list of things that may come up in a trial. They have no reason to rush.

She also might not be involved but it seems LE would have came out and made a statement about her not being involved if they believed she wasnt and didnt plan on charging her.

Yeah - I don't know. Maybe you are right and they are still just trying to build a case. But it still strikes me as strange that they are so sure about him and silent about her. Still - he had the more active role, of course, with more evidence attached to it - with the drawing, fake hair fibers, gun range practice, renting of the van.

Obviously he's not talking now because he's pled not guilty, but he could certainly hang her out to dry if he tries to cop a plea.

Soulmagent
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah - I don't know. Maybe you are right and they are still just trying to build a case. But it still strikes me as strange that they are so sure about him and silent about her. Still - he had the more active role, of course, with more evidence attached to it - with the drawing, fake hair fibers, gun range practice, renting of the van.

Obviously he's not talking now because he's pled not guilty, but he could certainly hang her out to dry if he tries to cop a plea.

They maybe waiting for him to implicate her and he hasnt done that yet.

I dont believe he will either,even if she did. His description of caring for his family makes me think he will protect her if he ever had feelings for her. I do think this is going to turn into a case where he was tricked into believing lies about Rusty's relationship. All guesses on my part. She has 2 small children at home and has been prego and her whole life changed very fast. Then the first thing she does is have an affair and send tons of emails to her lover/boss daily?

She was looking for malice IMo and a fantacy life.

OneLove
04-10-2011, 11:01 PM
It sure makes it easier all around to give a person enough rope to hang themselves, prosecutorially speaking. In time, she may crack if left to her own devices. People wrapped up in fantasy tend to hit the skids eventually. It also seems that criminals with young children are given more time to accept the reality and make arrangements for the care of their children after they are put away. I think they could have arrested Jason Young a lot earlier; maybe same dynamic. How sad that these children have now lost both parents. Whatever possesses people when they think murder is a solution to anything. :(

SURI2007
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/sneiderman-house-put-on-the-market

This article shows the actual real estate listing along with pictures of their home.

cluciano63
04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
This case reminds me of Brenda Andrew, in a way...she had her lover shoot her husband (dead) and then shot Brenda in the arm (a little boo-boo) so she could say they were attacked in their garage.

I don't know if Rusty's wife is guilty of more than an affair, but it seems pretty far-flung that this guy would not only know exactly where to find Rusty that day, but also dream that up as a good way to do it, seeing how many witnesses there would be etc...it sounds more like a plan that went a little wrong in the execution (no pun intended) to me. I think she was a part of it.

fran
05-01-2011, 11:37 AM
http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/sneiderman-house-put-on-the-market

This article shows the actual real estate listing along with pictures of their home.

What a beautiful home they had. You'd never know by looking at it, the sadness that has been felt within those walls. :(

Very sad, indeed.
JMHO
fran

fran
05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I've been thinking about this case and trying to figure out what the motive was? We know the wife of the victim has been accused by the suspect's wife of having an affair with the suspect. But, LE hasn't yet arrested the victim's wife, so could it be possible the suspect did this without the victim's wife's knowledge? What type of a scenario would it be? Why?

The suspect had been married for over twenty years, with three children, a decent job and appeared to have a good life. But within two weeks after returning from a business trip that included the suspect and the victim's wife, the suspect's whole life was turned upside down!

I've known married couples where one cheated and completely blind-sided the other spouse. I mean, their marriage appeared to be long-term and very loving. There was no 'reason' for the offending spouse to stray. (To this day, they don't even know why they did it.)

But if the suspect and victim's wife had a tryst while on that business trip, which wasn't planned (the affair), but like they say, just happened, ...............it's possible that one of the innocent spouses could detect a change in their partner and figure out what had happened. They could have confronted their spouse and after much contention, gotten them to admit the brief affair.

Now, this couple that I knew, the innocent spouse had done some reading of what to do when you find out about and confronted your spouse about their indiscretion. One thing was to contact the spouse of the other party, and tell them what happened.

What if Rusty found out about the brief affair and was determined to try to make their marriage work. But one of the things he did, was to contact the now suspect's wife? That COULD account for them separating right after returning from the over-seas trip. The suspect's wife wasn't so understanding. You never know what you'd do in such a situation. Perhaps the suspect's wife, unlike the victim and his wife, threw him out of the house?

That could really allegedly enrage the suspect. The victim tells his wife and he looses his family!

They said this crime was up close and personal. Almost like a hit, but there was sign of rage as well. Very methodical, planned, no emotion showed by the perp to anyone that witnessed the crime. (he MAY have looked on this just as another PROJECT, he is an engineer).

IF there was anything within the digital communications between the suspect and the victim's wife, LE would have already arrested her, IMHO. Or, perhaps they're HOPING there will be some connection at the time of the suspect's trial. Like others have said, time is on LE side.

It'll be interesting to see what was in the electronic communication. AS may have been completely blind-sided by this heinous act! But her alleged indiscretion MAY have been known only to she and her husband and the suspect and his wife. When Rusty was gunned down she may have not even connected the two and she certainly wouldn't want the info of her cheating to come out. As a matter of fact, she MAY be horrified that it is her former boss and alleged parmour.

Just some thoughts,
fran

angelmom
05-05-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/oct-17-trial-set-935891.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Judge Gregory Adams set a trial date of Oct. 17 during a hearing in DeKalb Superior Court.

southcitymom
05-05-2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/oct-17-trial-set-935891.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Judge Gregory Adams set a trial date of Oct. 17 during a hearing in DeKalb Superior Court.

This article was the first time that I have read that Rusty's widow, via her attorney, has stated that her relationship with Hemy was strictly platonic.

Soulmagent
05-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Fran that is a great post and a good plausible scenerio.

It still leaves the question about why they were still having so many email exchanges a day. If he was angry and enraged and Rusty had told the bosses wife,why was Rusty's wife still having daily contact?
If she admitted the affair to Rusty why would she deny it now? Admitting it would mean she didnt care to lie then. Also it would indicate the presence of guitly feelings so the continued contact doesnt really add up. Still maybe the emails were not pleasant in nature and she felt she needed to respond to them but when the description of her boss with the drawing was put out why no "oh my god " moments?

angelmom
05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
This article was the first time that I have read that Rusty's widow, via her attorney, has stated that her relationship with Hemy was strictly platonic.

You know, I think it is very interesting how the same link changes so often. When I first posted it, the article was only a few sentences long.

Now when I look, I don't see any statement by Andrea's lawyer. Only this statement:

Esther Panitch, the attorney for Neuman's estranged wife, alleges her client's husband was having an affair with Sneiderman's widow. Andrea Sneiderman has not addressed those claims, saying only that she considered her former supervisor "a friend of our family."

emphasis mine

So is this at least the third version of the article? It makes me crazy when I can't backtrack to the original. I feel like I'm losing my mind. :crazy:

southcitymom
05-05-2011, 07:16 PM
You know, I think it is very interesting how the same link changes so often. When I first posted it, the article was only a few sentences long.

Now when I look, I don't see any statement by Andrea's lawyer. Only this statement:

Esther Panitch, the attorney for Neuman's estranged wife, alleges her client's husband was having an affair with Sneiderman's widow. Andrea Sneiderman has not addressed those claims, saying only that she considered her former supervisor "a friend of our family."

emphasis mine

So is this at least the third version of the article? It makes me crazy when I can't backtrack to the original. I feel like I'm losing my mind. :crazy:

Fascinating! When I read it, there was definitely language saying Andrea's attorney denied she and Neuman were having an affair.

robinparten
05-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Fascinating! When I read it, there was definitely language saying Andrea's attorney denied she and Neuman were having an affair.

Hmm, sounds like they know the affair will come out in the trial and are now backtracking............

angelmom
05-12-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-944055.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

On the same day he’s accused of fatally shooting Rusty Sneiderman, Hemy Neuman collected the work-issued computer belonging to the dead man's widow, according to court documents filed Thursday by the lawyer representing Neuman’s estranged spouse.

A sexual relationship eventually blossomed, the documents allege, though Sneiderman at first resisted, saying she would not become involved “while she was married.”

T-Rex
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
From the article above: "Though he had moved out of his family’s east Cobb home in October, Neuman and his wife maintained contact. It’s unclear why he called her the day of the shooting to tell her he needed to retrieve Andrea Sneiderman’s computer from their GE office."

That's spooky! Do you think his wife had any suspicions when she heard Rusty Sneiderman had been shot?

Soulmagent
05-13-2011, 06:51 AM
From the article above: "Though he had moved out of his family’s east Cobb home in October, Neuman and his wife maintained contact. It’s unclear why he called her the day of the shooting to tell her he needed to retrieve Andrea Sneiderman’s computer from their GE office."

That's spooky! Do you think his wife had any suspicions when she heard Rusty Sneiderman had been shot?

No I think she suspected an affair ,not a murder. But that is the logical part of me . Really she might of thought something of the Computer thing.

I mean 'oh my god Rustys been shot, quick let me go get Andrea's computer would make me think " oh my god you dont think she did this do you?" but she could have first thought Hemy did it if she suspected a relationship. It sounds as if she was pretty blindsided with it though.

dragonfly
05-14-2011, 02:31 PM
http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-prep-shooting-new-documents-allege-affair?track_event=view-follow-up.752839#photo-5936601
I'm new to posting here, I live in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs and have been following this case of course.

New documents filed in the separation case of Hemy Zvi Neuman, the man accused of murdering Rusty Sneiderman in November, allege that Neuman and Sneiderman’s wife had an affair–beginning shortly after Neuman’s wife gave him Andrea Sneiderman’s resume.

There is quite a bit of new information here.
Worth checking out.

Blondie in Spokane
05-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Welcome and thanks for the link dragonfly!

I'm just beginning to read the article, but I am wondering how Mrs. Neuman became friendly enough with Mrs. Sneiderman, in the first place, to obtain her resume in order to give it to her husband. I wonder how the two women came to know each other......will read on.

And it sounds to me like Mr. Neuman obtained Rusty's advice on a job search and finances in an effort to seek personal info on Rusty's life (life insurance policy) and possibly daily habits (daycare routine)?

Oh my...Mr. Neuman sent an email to his wife, children, family and friends to announce that he was moving out of the family home. That's cold...

I still wonder why Mr. Neuman told his wife that he needed to take Mrs. Sneiderman's computer from G.E. in order to wipe out any evidence of their affair? How odd to me that he would tell his wife that.

newshound6
05-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Wow- that pretty much clears up any doubts about the affair doesn't it?(that Dunwoody Patch piece) Now it only remains to be seen how much Andrea S. really knew about the murder.But really, she sent hundreds of texts AFTER the murder?She at least had to know he(Neuman) had done it.

Soulmagent
05-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks dragonfly!

I did find it weird how Andrea was the one who was to delete the evidence of the affair from the computer if she isnt involved. I mean did she not think the investigators would find that information helpful in looking for a suspect ,and at that point if she was clueless a clue should have formed right then and there in her head.
No way would she have not thought it odd to be asked to do that after her husband was killed by an unknown masked man. IMO She knew. Lets hope she made a mistake somewhere so she gets caught as well.

Where did he learn of the insurance policy?

•Mr. Neuman took Mrs. Sneiderman’s computer from General Electric the day Mr. Sneiderman was killed so she could erase any evidence of their affair.

Neuman learned that Sneiderman had a life insurance policy that would pay his wife and children money if he died, the document says.

Neuman said he had to deliver the computer to Andrea Sneiderman that night “to afford someone an opportunity to erase any evidence which could prove an illicit relationship between (Mr. Neuman) and Andrea Greenberg Sneiderman,” the document alleges

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-prep-shooting-new-documents-allege-affair?track_event=view-follow-up.752839#photo-5936601

BrownRice
05-15-2011, 08:12 AM
A lot of this article seems to be suppositions from the estranged wife and her attorney. I can't imagine HN (on the day of the murder) would take the computer and tell his WIFE he was giving it to AS so she could wipe it clean from evidence of their affair. Who would say that to their wife - regardless if they were separated.

Now I do believe what they are contending though. I cannot believe AS is not complicit in this. I don't buy it for a minute.

angelmom
05-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm new to posting here, I live in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs and have been following this case of course.

New documents filed in the separation case of Hemy Zvi Neuman, the man accused of murdering Rusty Sneiderman in November, allege that Neuman and Sneiderman’s wife had an affair–beginning shortly after Neuman’s wife gave him Andrea Sneiderman’s resume.

There is quite a bit of new information here.
Worth checking out.

Howdy, Neighbor! (Alpharetta checking in)

I think this is the most fascinating part of the article you linked. I think the affair is pretty much a given at this point.

The Neumans had plans to go to England in September. He was to travel for General Electric, and he invited his wife.

But shortly before the trip, he changed his mind, saying he would be going alone and would be in business meetings in the evenings, the filing alleges.

Instead, Andrea Sneiderman accompanied him, the document says, even though she was not a necessary employee to have on the trip.

Seriously? COLD!

Also:

In the following weeks and months, Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman communicated via text messages, emails, telephone calls and chat rooms, including after work hours, the document says.

I can see how she might not have suspected him right away, but weeks and months after? If she wasn't involved in the planning, it's hard to believe she didn't know after and didn't tell. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Sonya610
05-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I can see how she might not have suspected him right away, but weeks and months after? If she wasn't involved in the planning, it's hard to believe she didn't know after and didn't tell. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Whole thing is sad and I feel bad for Neuman. He gave up his family and the rest of his life for an affair with a shallow woman.

Of course she knew! As stated before if she did NOT know about the plan to kill her husband when she found out her lover had gone psycho and shot hubby to death in cold blood practically in front of her baby she would have raced to the police! She would have been terrified this "lunatic" could come after her or her children next! Even if she found out AFTER he was arrested she would still be shocked and terrified and worried he could get out if she didn't tell the story and make sure the police kept him locked up! She would NOT keep lying and stay silent until every ugly little detail was uncovered; she would be worried about her own life and the life of her babies!

She likely planted the idea in his head and this fool went along with it because he thought he was in love (mid-life crisis to an extreme).

Both of them were obviously fairly intelligent, it boggles the mind how they decided to go through with such a ridiculous plan.

T-Rex
05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Hemy's wife got Andrea's resume from a mutual friend.

When this first happened, and Hemy's Facebook was still public, with happy pictures of him and his kids, and family-oriented posts, I couldn't believe he did it. It seemed so out-of-character, like he must have just snapped.

Now? I think he sounds like a conniving, manipulative person, with no shred of empathy.

fran
05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Why would one feel sorry for the alleged murderer? I'm stumped.

IF he did kill Rusty, it was all his wife's idea? Does anyone have a link for that info?

We really aren't sure what led LE to Neuman in the first place. We don't know if it wasn't perhaps Rusty's wife who led LE to him.

As of right now, it's all speculation. We can deem a lot of things from the divorce papers filed, but Andrea's involvement in the crime, not so much. IF there was something linking Andrea to the murder, LE would already have her in custody.

This should be an interesting trial.

JMHO
fran

robinparten
05-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the Dunwoody article, that was very informative, pretty much confirms the affair. What an ugly story, what a horrible woman Andrea is, I feel for those kids. Rusty's family must be absolutely horrified, and what do you do if you are them? If you call Andrea out for what she is, you probably lose contact with the kids, since Andrea has custody of them. What a horrible situation for Rusty's family.

Soulmagent
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
The rental van lead LE to Hemy.

It was not Andrea, at least not in the way LE should have been lead to him.

kittykat1
05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I just have to say this . . . according to the Dunwoody Patch, the documents allege that Neuman and Sneiderman’s wife had an affair. It isn't certain and I, personally, would never say anything negative about AS until I was absolutely certain she was complicit.

Just saying . . .

angelmom
05-17-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-949285.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Arguing that intense media coverage has made it difficult for their client to get a fair trial, the attorneys for alleged Dunwoody day care shooter Hemy Neuman on Tuesday sought to convince a judge to maintain a seal on several filings in the high-profile murder case.

Very interesting in light of the jury selection for Casey Anthony right now. I'll bet it's easier to get an impartial jury in this case than hers!

pdx
05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I just have to say this . . . according to the Dunwoody Patch, the documents allege that Neuman and Sneiderman’s wife had an affair. It isn't certain and I, personally, would never say anything negative about AS until I was absolutely certain she was complicit.

Just saying . . .

Thank you for posting that. I don't want to be naive, but it doesn't track with what friends of AS say about her, and Hemi's ex seems pretty upset.
None of that evidence had any corroboration from the employer or anything.. well, I am just trying to keep an open mind.
You guys can laff at me behind my back. :)

BrownRice
05-18-2011, 06:54 AM

Just saying . . .

Well, the same thing could be said for HN as well. Documents allege he killed RS. Nobody knows for sure and he is certainly innocent until proven guilty.

Soulmagent
05-18-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-949285.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Arguing that intense media coverage has made it difficult for their client to get a fair trial, the attorneys for alleged Dunwoody day care shooter Hemy Neuman on Tuesday sought to convince a judge to maintain a seal on several filings in the high-profile murder case.

Very interesting in light of the jury selection for Casey Anthony right now. I'll bet it's easier to get an impartial jury in this case than hers!

The link states news channel 2 AJC's Tom Clyde has challenged the ruling to keep information on Hemy's police statment quiet.

Clyde says this in the article

If filings take place in an invisible way it's very difficult for the public or anybody to make sure the case is proceeding in an appropriate fashion," said Tom Clyde, the attorney for the AJC and Channel 2.

Sonya610
05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
If this is old news forgive the repost...

In her only public comments on the case, Sneiderman has referred to Neuman as a family friend. Neither she or her attorney Seth Kirschen baum, have discussed the allegations she was involved with Neuman.

http://www.thecrier.net/articles/2011/05/17/news/neuman.txt

Fact is guilty people stonewall, innocent people gush! Unless someone has to obey a gag order (which would have been violated by the above statement) the "normal" response to rumors of an affair would be extreme and passionate denial! An innocent person would be HORRIFIED that they are accused of cheating on their beloved dead husband with the man that supposedly killed him (even if he didn't kill him, the mere accusation would make innocent people furious!).

Now of course if there was evidence of an affair, then naturally neither the grieving widow nor her attorney would want to deny those rumors as they could be proven to be liars in court. Even if it couldn't be proven impassioned statements demonizing the killer might be a really bad idea if you were complicit in the murder and the killer is covering for you because he thinks you are in love with him.

Even if the woman was some sort of naturally cold and unemotional person I guarantee you her attorney would be TELLING her to adamantly deny these rumors and get emotional if she wasn't capable of thinking that up for herself! That is IF the rumors were untrue!

kittykat1
05-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, the same thing could be said for HN as well. Documents allege he killed RS. Nobody knows for sure and he is certainly innocent until proven guilty.

Point taken, however HN has been accused of a crime and charged. AS has not.

southcitymom
05-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Why would one feel sorry for the alleged murderer? I'm stumped.

IF he did kill Rusty, it was all his wife's idea? Does anyone have a link for that info?

We really aren't sure what led LE to Neuman in the first place. We don't know if it wasn't perhaps Rusty's wife who led LE to him.

As of right now, it's all speculation. We can deem a lot of things from the divorce papers filed, but Andrea's involvement in the crime, not so much. IF there was something linking Andrea to the murder, LE would already have her in custody.

This should be an interesting trial.

JMHO
fran

I agree completely. From my vantage point, LE doesn't have any evidence linking Andrea to the murder. And since LE has ALOT of evidence (texts, emails, phone records) of communication between Andrea and Hemy, I believe there's nothing to indicate she was involved in her husband's murder.

Having an affair doesn't make you a killer.

Last weekend, I was at a gathering and talked with a GEer who knows a lot of folks who worked for Hemy - he says most of Hemy's team is vocally loyal to him - they swear he is being framed and can't believe he would do such a thing.

OneLove
05-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I agree completely. From my vantage point, LE doesn't have any evidence linking Andrea to the murder. And since LE has ALOT of evidence (texts, emails, phone records) of communication between Andrea and Hemy, I believe there's nothing to indicate she was involved in her husband's murder.

Last weekend, I was at a gathering and talked with a GEer who knows a lot of folks who worked for Hemy - he says most of Hemy's team is vocally loyal to him - they swear he is being framed and can't believe he would do such a thing.

I really, truly feel for them if he is found to be guilty. It is a life changing event when someone who was completely and unquestioningly trusted betrays in such a traumatic way. I have been there. Reading at Websleuths is quite therapeutic for me, as everyday I read about people who were trusted absolutely and yet committed the most horrendous crimes. It confirms for me that I am not the only one who missed every indication and cue that the "trusted and wonderful" person was really a narcissistic sociopath without conscience. Hemy's friends and family may never recover, but I do bet they will be much more vigilant for those "cues". As am I.

Sonya610
05-21-2011, 11:17 AM
It confirms for me that I am not the only one who missed every indication and cue that the "trusted and wonderful" person was really a narcissistic sociopath without conscience. Hemy's friends and family may never recover, but I do bet they will be much more vigilant for those "cues". As am I.

You won't see the cues when you are focused solely on how they fulfill your personal needs, you have to observe others and not just focus on how they make you feel and how it temporarily benefits you. The cues are obvious in a non-brief encounter, watch how they see others, treat others, LISTEN to what they say. If it is all about how they see YOU as special and make YOU feel special for a time then yes, it is easy to be fooled by a narcissistic sociopath.

There is no evidence that Hemy was a narcissist, in fact plenty of evidence that he was NOT; he was a father with a long term wife and apparently decent children, and he had been with the same company for years and earned the loyalty of his employees. All traits that go against a narcissistic personality. Was he a sociopath? Well lots of folks in mainstream society are.

BrownRice
05-22-2011, 07:24 AM
You won't see the cues when you are focused solely on how they fulfill your personal needs, you have to observe others and not just focus on how they make you feel and how it temporarily benefits you. The cues are obvious in a non-brief encounter, watch how they see others, treat others, LISTEN to what they say. If it is all about how they see YOU as special and make YOU feel special for a time then yes, it is easy to be fooled by a narcissistic sociopath.

That's a great comment.

BrownRice
05-22-2011, 07:26 AM

BBM

That's true. BUT it seems like the prerequisite for EVERY spouse/lover who kills their spouse, partner, partner's spouse, etc.

Sonya610
05-22-2011, 07:46 AM
And since LE has ALOT of evidence (texts, emails, phone records) of communication between Andrea and Hemy, I believe there's nothing to indicate she was involved in her husband's murder.

The fact they didn't put anything in writing comes as no surprise, just means they did use a TINY BIT of common sense. Using their corporate computers, networks, email and cell phones means everything they wrote could be reviewed and monitored by corporate, the affair alone would probably be grounds for dismissal.

Since they could see each other and talk in person just about every day why put incriminating statements in text? These two were engineers, they weren't completely stupid.

southcitymom
05-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Details about Hemy's lineup:

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/police-lineup-detailed-in-956523.html

southcitymom
05-25-2011, 07:04 AM
BBM

That's true. BUT it seems like the prerequisite for EVERY spouse/lover who kills their spouse, partner, partner's spouse, etc.

Fair enough observation, to be sure! Still, I think if they had the goods, she'd be in jail.

southcitymom
05-25-2011, 07:05 AM
From the link I posted in 341:

"These latest documents shed no new light on an extramarital affair between the co-workers alleged by the suspect's estranged wife. But they do show how Andrea Sneiderman learned of her husband's death.

Alerted by Dunwoody Prep officials that her husband had been shot, Andrea Sneiderman arrived at the murder scene moments after her husband's body had been loaded into an ambulance. She exited the car screaming, the previously redacted police report said, before falling into the arms of a detective on the scene.

"What has happened?" she asked."

southcitymom
05-25-2011, 07:08 AM
The fact they didn't put anything in writing comes as no surprise, just means they did use a TINY BIT of common sense. Using their corporate computers, networks, email and cell phones means everything they wrote could be reviewed and monitored by corporate, the affair alone would probably be grounds for dismissal.

Since they could see each other and talk in person just about every day why put incriminating statements in text? These two were engineers, they weren't completely stupid.

I think Hemy was an engineer - not sure about Andrea. Don't know if I think Hemy used much common sense at all.

The more I read and consider, the more I think that Andrea pulled back from the affair because she was married and Hemy's response was to get rid of that problem. That's just my opinion, of course - I remain open to other possibilities.

Sonya610
05-25-2011, 07:42 AM
The more I read and consider, the more I think that Andrea pulled back from the affair because she was married and Hemy's response was to get rid of that problem. That's just my opinion, of course - I remain open to other possibilities.

If that were in fact the case I just cannot fathom how she wouldn't have suspected Hemy, especially with the witness description! She had days to think about it, you know the police would have questioned her and surely told her to think of ANYONE who would have reason etc...

We can also assume when the obvious link crossed her mind Hemy was still walking around loose! If that didn't scare her one has to think there was a good reason she was not afraid.

southcitymom
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
"If not for his estranged wife's separation suit, accused killer Hemy Neuman would find himself in a less vulnerable position as he awaits trial in the November 2010 slaying of Dunwoody entrepreneur Rusty Sneiderman.

Instead Neuman is the focus of parallel investigations seeking to convict him as both a philanderer and killer, with evidence from one case occasionally informing the other."

More at link: http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/hemy-neumans-wife-seeks-971836.html

southcitymom
06-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Andrea Sneiderman breaks her silence - says she wants Hemy convicted: http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-972120.html

I still don't think she was involved in Rusty's murder.

Soulmagent
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for posting the article.

I have not changed my mind about her at all. I do think she was involved. I wish I did not feel that way.

One a side note the artile says Hemy spent money on Andrea , I wonder what he bought her.

kittykat1
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-985783.html

Dunwoody day care shooting | Divorce next for suspect, wife

fran
06-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Details about Hemy's lineup:

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/police-lineup-detailed-in-956523.html

Well, as usual, the defense is trying to have the confession suppressed.

:(
fran

Blondie in Spokane
06-27-2011, 10:54 PM
I didn't realize that he had confessed....wow!

angelmom
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
I didn't realize that he had confessed....wow!

I don't believe he has (that would be big news here). I think his lawyers are trying to get all "statements and confessions" tossed - IANAL but I think that's just a legal phrase so they can't use anything he said to them.

I have seen nothing to indicate even a hint of a confession.

fran
07-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Just wanted to title this with the trial date, in case it gets lost in the shuffle.

Anywhoooo..............I've been trying to figure out IF the victim's wife was actaually having an affair with the accused killer. I'm still undecided. I know the accused's wife alleges they had an affair, but until it's brought out at trial, I think that's all it's going to be, a guess. By some of the 'evidence,' it would APPEAR that they were having an affair. It's just that in the beginning, AS had told the suspect, "...her husband was cold and that she wouldn't get involved while she's married." :waitasec:

I've gone back and looked at many of the provided linked articles. It seems the wife is using as her basis, the affair, in that they went on some business trips together. The only admission I've seen from the suspect that even alludes to an affair, is when he told his wife on one trip, to Colorado I believe, they shared two bottles of wine. The soon to be ex also seems a little peeved that AS went on the European business trip as she was originally scheduled to go with him, but he 'uninvited' his wife. The wife's lawyer said it was 'unnecessary' for AS to have accompanied him. (don't know how she'd know that, she didn't work at GE)

Just prior to the murder, about a month before, the defendent had put his wife on a strict budget. He told her money was tight. She says in one of the articles, he claimed financial difficulty to his wife while spending money on AS. In an article I'm going to link below that I haven't found on this thread yet, one of the items of evidence, is a receipt for Victoria's Secret. :rolleyes:

I also see a real estate agent was summoned as a witness (I think for the divorce depo that never happened). Hmmmmm.......Seems the wife can't find liquid assets, even to this day. But, there was a LARGE life insurance policy on Rusty with AS as beneficiary. I also see that the def's mom is paying for his defense, up to $300K.

Well, to add to the intrigue, there's also a WITNESS, a NEIGHBOR of the Sneiderman's who SAW A GRAY VAN in front of the Sneiderman's home of the day of Novemeber 18, 2010. :eek:

Hope the press covers this trial. Should be interesting!

JMHO
fran

You REALLY need to look at the linked article. Check out pieces of evidence listed in the new filing! Uhhh...........now I AM wondering if HN did have an accomplice! WOW! How sad for Rusty if SHE was involved?!:(

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-prep-shooting-new-evidence-fake-beard-travel-receipts-and-neighbor

Preschool Shooting Evidence: Fake Beard, Travel Receipts and Neighbor

A subpoena for Victoria’s Secret, witness testimony about a silver van being spotted in front of the Sneiderman home on Nov. 18, and a fake beard in a bag are among the pieces of evidence newly filed by the DeKalb County Attorney’s Office in the case against Hemy Neuman, the man accused of gunning down a Dunwoody father outside of a pre-school.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<MUCH MORE! at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

angelmom
08-09-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1091556.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Hemy Neuman's attorneys withdrew a motion to suppress the identification of their client in a police lineup by a witness the state claims sold Neuman the gun used to shoot and kill Rusty Sneiderman last fall.

It's still unclear whether the weapon was ever recovered by investigators, but prosecutors may be able to link shell casings found on the scene to the gun in question.

WOW!

angelmom
08-15-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/defense-challenges-neuman-statement-1110517.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

The defense's motion to dismiss Neuman's Jan. 4 interview with Dunwoody police, which led to his arrest, was heard Monday.

Neuman wasn't a suspect when the interview began at police headquarters, said Det. Gary Cortellino under questioning Monday from DeKalb District Attorney Robert James. All police knew at that point was that Neuman had rented the same car seen fleeing Dunwoody Prep after Sneiderman's shooting.

"Thirty minutes into it I could tell he knew perhaps more than he was telling us," Cortellino said. At that point Neuman, present without an attorney, was read his Miranda Rights.

angelmom
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/sneiderman-widow-told-police-1110517.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Andrea Sneiderman told Dunwoody police her supervisor at General Electric had made an unwanted advance toward her but “seriously minimized” the encounter, the lead detective investigating the fatal shooting of Sneiderman's husband testified Monday.

Detectives didn't pursue Hemy Neuman, charged in Rusty Sneiderman's slaying Nov. 18 outside a Dunwoody day care facility, because "we were being driven towards other avenues of investigation" by Andrea Sneiderman and her immediate family, Det. Anthony Thompson said.

Blondie in Spokane
08-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Hemy Neuman's Attorneys Fight Statement to Police

"Also revealed in court today, information found on Neuman's Ipad showed the purchase of a handgun, the same type of gun used to murder Sneiderman."

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/201627/40/Hemy-Neumans-Attorneys-Fight-Statement-to-Police

southcitymom
08-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Hemy's estranged wife testifies against him in hearing:

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1136935.html

southcitymom
09-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Neuman's Motion denied:

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/judge-denies-defense-bid-1165191.html

southcitymom
09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Hemy admits that he shot Rusty outside the daycare; he is pleading insanity:

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/neuman-to-plead-insanity-1182691.html

pdx
09-16-2011, 04:52 PM

<thud>
Now, for the details.

Thank you for the update.

southcitymom
09-16-2011, 10:16 PM
<thud>
Now, for the details.

Thank you for the update.

More interesting details here -

Actually - it's the same link as I posted when it broke, but it has definitely been fleshed out with some new, intriguing information.

pdx
09-16-2011, 11:19 PM
More interesting details here -

Actually - it's the same link as I posted when it broke, but it has definitely been fleshed out with some new, intriguing information.

I was coming to post the same!
This should be interesting...

panthera
09-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Insanity with all the preparation he went through to kill Rusty?

:waitasec:

MOO

BrownRice
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Trial delayed due to insanity plea.

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-shooting-trial-for-neuman-delayed-after-insanity-plea?track_event=view-follow-up.1351963

Soulmagent
10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Really insanity?

panthera
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Trial delayed due to insanity plea.

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dunwoody-shooting-trial-for-neuman-delayed-after-insanity-plea?track_event=view-follow-up.1351963

Why am I not at all surprised?

:maddening:

MOO

southcitymom
10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
This is strange - seems to show that Hemy was stalking Rusty:

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1212308.html

angelmom
10-28-2011, 09:01 PM

He'd better hope he gets some jury like the Pinellas 12. Premeditation, lying in wait...he's toast.

OneLove
10-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Wait....what??? Was Hemy trying to bait Rusty with the gas leak, intending to shoot him THEN but lost his nerve? What a strange, strange, stranger than strange thing to do. Wouldn't we LOVE to know if Andrea said "honey, is that a gas leak I smell? You better go check it out".

fran
10-30-2011, 03:14 AM

Well then, he better forget his insanity plea. This was OBVIOUSLY premeditated murder!

JMHO
fran

PS>...the end of that video, Rusty seemed like such a good guy, he definitely seemed like a good daddy. "buddy" was what he called his little boy. :(

Blondie in Spokane
12-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Dunwoody day care killing | Sneiderman family reflects on loss of their ‘brightest light'
Amid all the anguish surrounding the loss of his younger brother, killed one year ago outside a Dunwoody day care facility, Steve Sneiderman finds himself revisiting one baic question.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-killing-1232702.html

angelmom
12-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Dunwoody day care killing | Sneiderman family reflects on loss of their ‘brightest light'
Amid all the anguish surrounding the loss of his younger brother, killed one year ago outside a Dunwoody day care facility, Steve Sneiderman finds himself revisiting one baic question.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-killing-1232702.html

Interesting that there is not one mention of Andrea in this article, and only a little bit about the kids. I wonder what the family thinks happened? Do they still get to see those kids at all?

angelmom
01-05-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/psychologist-who-interviewed-neuman-1289521.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

The prosecution and defense in the Hemy Neuman case on Wednesday sparred over the state's request to interview a psychologist who evaluated the man four months before he pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity in a fatal shooting outside a Dunwoody day-care facility.

I thought it was a given that if you plead insanity then the psychiatrist's notes have to be turned over to the prosecution team.

Otherwise everyone would plead insanity but no one would ever be able to prove or disprove it. :waitasec:

*LD*
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Trial starts on Monday!

cannot wait.

Blondie in Spokane
02-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Man who 'gunned down lover's husband' in upscale Jewish neighborhood says he was temporarily insane

"The man who allegedly gunned down the Harvard-educated husband of his mistress while the victim dropped off his kids at an upscale Atlanta daycare center is claiming he was temporarily insane during the November 2010 murder."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100672/Hemy-Neuman-says-insane-gunned-sown-Russell-Sneiderman-daycare.html#ixzz1mMoRpVXz

angelmom
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Opening statements streaming live:

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

robinparten
02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
sure do wish I had time to watch this. So far, the little bit I have gleaned about opening statements are that the defendant says he and Andrea had an affair, she says no, and then the defendant started hallucinating that hollywood figures were telling him to kill Rusty to save Rusty's kids, who he believed were his own.

I am particularly interested in the affair, and whether or not it actually happened. I think Andrea was sitting in court with Rusty's parents earlier this week, so I assume even if an affair did happen, they have all made peace with each other, at least for the sake of the trial.

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Opening statements streaming live:

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

No luck... shows me the live news, not the trial :(

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Found a live stream link:

http://www.11alive.com/video/live_4/

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
I am a fan of this judge.

Wife now testifying (her atty asked her testimony NOT be televised, the judge ruled against that request ).

Minette
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow, Andrea Sneiderman sounds a bit hostile to the DA. She doesn't remember this email, she doesn't remember that email, she doesn't remember this other email. On the one hand, it is VERY typical for coworkers in consulting to travel together, have lunches, dinners & drink wine together; on the other hand it sounds as if she was at least extremely flattered by Hemy Neuman's adoration and wasn't trying too hard to fend him off. She states that she was afraid of being fired if she complained to her employer about Neuman's pursuit of her because she was so new to the job and was at that time the only one bringing home an income. Aargh, I can understand that point of view but she is making the DA drag every answer out of her.

angelmom
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Wow, Andrea Sneiderman sounds a bit hostile to the DA. She doesn't remember this email, she doesn't remember that email, she doesn't remember this other email. On the one hand, it is VERY typical for coworkers in consulting to travel together, have lunches, dinners & drink wine together; on the other hand it sounds as if she was at least extremely flattered by Hemy Neuman's adoration and wasn't trying too hard to fend him off. She states that she was afraid of being fired if she complained to her employer about Neuman's pursuit of her because she was so new to the job and was at that time the only one bringing home an income. Aargh, I can understand that point of view but she is making the DA drag every answer out of her.

ITA. I don't think it looks good when she isn't right in sync with the DA in trying to prosecute her husband's murderer. She may not be involved at all, but she's not coming off as super helpful either. Makes me wonder why.

Minette
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Now the DA has moved on to asking her about an incident in which Rusty reported a strange person lurking around their house and she is really fired up and angry. Now she comes off as furious at the man who shot her husband!

Minette
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
This article from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is providing continuous updates on today's testimony: http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooter-1357132.html//

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I concur, she is being a bit hostile. However, the DA is not helping himself, either. He is treating his own witness as a suspect - which he might be doing as a preventive measure before the defense gets a stab at her.

I personally don't think she was involved.

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh man, she is crying :(

Minette
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
I concur, she is being a bit hostile. However, the DA is not helping himself, either. He is treating his own witness as a suspect - which he might be doing as a preventive measure before the defense gets a stab at her.

I personally don't think she was involved.

I imagine you are right--the defense will go after her hammer and tongs. It really does seem as if her testimony wasn't discussed much if at all with the DA in advance. I'm in the Atlanta area and have to say this whole case has just seemed entirely weird ever since it happened. I have no idea if she was involved or not. However, I do NOT think Neuman was at all insane when he shot Rusty--this was all too well planned.

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it seems way too planned. He might definitely have some psychiatric diagnosis, but nothing that can be called insanity (in the legal sense). He gives me the total creeps.

Minette
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
It looks like the defense is going after the victim (couldn't hold down a job, etc.) and will try to paint the wife as unhappy in her marriage, etc. I guess that drove Neuman crazy, huh. :innocent:

seattlechiquita
02-21-2012, 06:45 PM
It looks like the defense is going after the victim (couldn't hold down a job, etc.) and will try to paint the wife as unhappy in her marriage, etc. I guess that drove Neuman crazy, huh. :innocent:

Girl, you have not seen me without morning coffee.... THAT is some crazy, i tell you :P

fran
02-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow! I didn't realize this case had already gone to trial. I've been tied up in a Raleigh, NC retrial case on Michelle Young murder. I'll check in tomorrow. This looks to be intense.

Poor Rusty.
fran

Defense: Ga. Suspect Says Angel Told Him To Kill

DECATUR, Ga. -- Prosecutors urged jurors Tuesday to dismiss a murder defendant's assertions that an angel who looked like Olivia Newton-John ordered him to fatally shoot a co-worker's husband outside a preschool. They say Hemy Neuman was not delusional or insane and had planned the killing

full article at link ..................... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/defense-ga-suspect-says-a_n_1292054.html?1329863427&ncid=webmail4

Minette
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Girl, you have not seen me without morning coffee.... THAT is some crazy, i tell you :P

Oh, I SO hear you on that! :floorlaugh:

New article, 'Defense targets victim's widow': http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-daycare-shooters-defense-1357761.html

I had forgotten about this part:
"As Rusty falls, the defendant's not satisfied,” Geary said. “He walks up and, in near contact, he puts [the gun] to Rusty's neck and fires again. Then this man who didn't know the difference between right and wrong goes to his van and drives off quickly, to be lost in the morning rush hour."

angelmom
02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
As much as Andrea's demeanor baffles me, I don't see how treating her like this helps the defense. If they were having an affair, it points less to "crazy" for me than it does to "jealous."

I don't understand what their relationship has to do with whether or not Neuman is legally insane.

An affair only helps the prosecution, because it give Neuman a motive. So I guess that explains why she is not so chummy with the DA. Especially if there really was no affair.

kittykat1
02-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I am watching the live stream now and AS comes off as a bit arrogant and a bit defensive.

swan366
02-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I am watching the live stream now and AS comes off as a bit arrogant and a bit defensive.

I think it's way more than a bit, and I wonder if it's her nerves or some sort of strategy. At any rate, I can imagine I'd be less than pleasant if I were in her situation. The defense is being very gentle with her thus far. I'm thinking that will change soon.

kittykat1
02-22-2012, 10:56 AM
When the attorney began to ask her about the poem HN read to her, she smiled and the attorney scoffed at her asking her if something was funny. The judge jumped on the attorney for this.

Then, AS just interrupted the attorney and asked the judge if she could be addressed as "Mrs." Sneiderman as opposed to "Ms." Sneiderman. The judge agreed to her request. I don't know what to think of this.

swan366
02-22-2012, 11:07 AM
When the attorney began to ask her about the poem HN read to her, she smiled and the attorney scoffed at her asking her if something was funny. The judge jumped on the attorney for this.

Then, AS just interrupted the attorney and asked the judge if she could be addressed as "Mrs." Sneiderman as opposed to "Ms." Sneiderman. The judge agreed to her request. I don't know what to think of this.

Actually, I wondered about the "Ms" stuff yesterday; I think I would have corrected the lawyer on this right off the bat, and I was surprised it took her so long.

I thought the lawyer's question about the scoffing was a legitimate question; why did the judge shoot him down on it??

seattlechiquita
02-22-2012, 02:25 PM

I think the "Mrs." works on the prosecutors' favor. Reminds the jury that she is the widow, over and over and over.

Yep, she is a bit defensive, but holy mother, I would be like that too.

We're back on....

seattlechiquita
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
A parade of hotel employees. Andrea is looking bad. I don't understand why the DA is calling all these people who are trashing their main witness.

fran
02-22-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm watching another trial right now. But I appreciate your description of what's being testified to in this case. Now that I know this is in trial too, I want to keep track of it. I remember when this crime happened. Terribly sad. :(

Thanks so much!
fran

SheltieMom1
02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
seattlechiquita A parade of hotel employees. Andrea is looking bad. I don't understand why the DA is calling all these people who are trashing their main witness.

Hi all, I lurk and read and thank but hardly post here. Sorry I don't know how to quote beyond the above....but I have lots to say about this trial. I think it's fascinating so far, and the insight I have into why the DA is making Andrea look bad is that the PT is attempting to establish this was run of the mill affair gone bad/unrequited love on Hemy's part. She toyed with him and made him chase her...giving him plenty of encouragement. Kind of like she wanted to have her cake and eat it, too. She loved the attention, excitement and flirtation, but didn't want to break up her family. Hemy wanted more and thought with Rusty out of the way, they could be together. The DA proves this rational motive and there goes Hemy's insanity defense down the drain. In order to establish this motive was rational, and perhaps even realistic, the DA must provide as much evidence as he can tending to show the depth of the relationship between Andrea and Hemy. IMO, the state is doing a great job thus far. I have lots of thoughts about Andrea but I won't go into them right now.

The above all MOO, IMO.

swan366
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I've been away for a few hours. The live stream image on WXIA.com and picture on Wiz-TV are both frozen. Is the court on some sort of extended break?

seattlechiquita
02-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I've been away for a few hours. The live stream image on WXIA.com and picture on Wiz-TV are both frozen. Is the court on some sort of extended break?

I think so. Frozen shot of the bailiff's butt is so not sexy LOL

seattlechiquita
02-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi all, I lurk and read and thank but hardly post here. Sorry I don't know how to quote beyond the above....but I have lots to say about this trial. I think it's fascinating so far, and the insight I have into why the DA is making Andrea look bad is that the PT is attempting to establish this was run of the mill affair gone bad/unrequited love on Hemy's part. She toyed with him and made him chase her...giving him plenty of encouragement. Kind of like she wanted to have her cake and eat it, too. She loved the attention, excitement and flirtation, but didn't want to break up her family. Hemy wanted more and thought with Rusty out of the way, they could be together. The DA proves this rational motive and there goes Hemy's insanity defense down the drain. In order to establish this motive was rational, and perhaps even realistic, the DA must provide as much evidence as he can tending to show the depth of the relationship between Andrea and Hemy. IMO, the state is doing a great job thus far. I have lots of thoughts about Andrea but I won't go into them right now.

The above all MOO, IMO.

I agree with you. Hemy was not either hearing voices or seeing Olivia Newton John as an angel (which ireminds me of Xanadu, one of the woorst movies ever made). He knew exactly what he was doing.

Blondie in Spokane
02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks so much for all the updates....I've been out of town and just got back to check on this trial. One question - did I read somewhere that Andrea has been sitting in the courtroom with Rusty's parents and family? Or did I hallucinate that? Surprising to me, if true.

*LD*
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
i think it's obvious that the state is trying the easy case first. they think she is a conspirator and are hoping her testimony in this trial allows them to charge her.

during her testimony she has several times lamented how Rusty's murder really inconvenienced her life. people in her house , media, police asking for interviews. it has just been so awful for HER. she is clearly annoyed by this trial and the testimony of two witnesses today showed she lied , under oath, about not being physical with hemy.

it was graphic enough that she left the court room.

*LD*
02-22-2012, 09:31 PM
no she wasn't. not one tear was shed.

fran
02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I've been watching another murder trial that the crime occurred almost 6 years ago, so I've missed the court sessions during this case.

Am I to understand that his wife Andrea, testified and never got emotional when talking about her dear husband Rusty, who was murdered? She never choked up?

I know everyone reacts differently, but I lost my husband almost 5 years ago, and I can hardly talk about him without having to stop and take a breath so the tears don't flow, and he passed of natural causes. I don't understand anyone who couldn't be still broken up over a cold blooded murder! Not even adding in it was by someone you knew. :(

Again, thanks for the updates. I'll check back in tomorrow.

wow,
cold,
fran

BrownRice
02-23-2012, 07:48 AM
I can't believe I'm missing this trial (I'm with Jason Young right now). I have never liked AS from day one. I have read the updates at ajc.com and it appears she is lying about her physical relationship based on eyewitness testimony. But HN seems pretty crazy (not in a insane way) and obsessed (telling his realtor, HR, gun seller) about his mistress. I doubt she had anything to do with it (earlier I thought for sure she did), but she is unlikeable and everything I have read about Rusty - he deserved a much better wife.

I do find it suspect though about the flurry of phone calls between HN and AS right before the murder. Hm....

SheltieMom1
02-23-2012, 10:24 AM
OH my goodness, this witness (didn't catch her name) testifies that Andrea knew Rusty was shot while she was driving to the hospital, even though Andrea previously testified that she had no idea what occurred when the police said there had been an accident at the preschool. This is very damning evidence against Andrea, IMO. I wonder if there will be even further damaging testimony against the grieving widow? She's really coming across badly so far. The plot thickens.

Love how this judge is keeping things moving at a quick pace!

*LD*
02-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Andrea pretended to choke up a few times but she never shed a tear. It was bizarre. She perks up when they talk about love notes from Hemy and loves to talk about how the police and media have really inconvenienced her life. It's ALL about her.

I lost my father suddenly (heart attack) 10 years ago. I am not really an emotional person and watching them asking her about the moment she found out her husband was dead brought back feelings to ME that almost got me choked up. When Andrea was recapping getting THAT call to go to the daycare and that Rusty had been in an accident she was a BRAT. She acted like a 14 year old who was being rude. It was so strange. Knowing the panic you feel when you don't know what's going on and you're driving into the unknown, I could not understand how she acted on the stand.

*LD*
02-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Andrea collapsed inside the courtroom.

Rusty's father testified that she ALSO called him and told him "Rusty has been shot". this was when Andrea was on the way to the daycare and ALL she'd been told was "Rusty has been in an accident". So that's two people (BFF and FIL) who testified Andrea told them Rusty had been shot before anyone says they told her. The father left the stand, glared and Andrea and Andrea collapsed in her father's arms. This is per The AJC.

Another tid bit. The first day Andrea couldn't explain why she never tried to call Rusty after she'd been told he was in an accident. However, after Andrea told her FIL that his son had been shot, he tried to call Rusty. So the wife doesn't call her husband but the FIL calls his son.

BrownRice
02-23-2012, 12:01 PM
LD - is this all going on right now?

BrownRice
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I can't get feed to work.

BrownRice
02-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Andrea collapsed inside the courtroom.

Rusty's father testified that she ALSO called him and told him "Rusty has been shot". this was when Andrea was on the way to the daycare and ALL she'd been told was "Rusty has been in an accident". So that's two people (BFF and FIL) who testified Andrea told them Rusty had been shot before anyone says they told her. The father left the stand, glared and Andrea and Andrea collapsed in her father's arms. This is per The AJC.

Another tid bit. The first day Andrea couldn't explain why she never tried to call Rusty after she'd been told he was in an accident. However, after Andrea told her FIL that his son had been shot, he tried to call Rusty. So the wife doesn't call her husband but the FIL calls his son.

Oh dear. NOt looking good for MRS. Sneiderman. She made repeated calls to HN on her way to hospital, but not husband. Hmmm..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/friend-contradicts-day-care-murder-victims-wife/nJy8Q/

*LD*
02-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Try this link.
http://www.11alive.com/video/live_4/

And yes,it's all going on right now. Basically, testimony from her her BFF and FIL did NOT go well for her today. Right now the witnesses are boring. People from the car rental company where he rented the get away vehicle and now his coworkers who are describing how Hemy acted the day he murdered Rusty.

*LD*
02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Court has been dismissed for the day. No reason other than the judge having other cases to tend to. weird

SheltieMom1
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Court has been dismissed for the day. No reason other than the judge having other cases to tend to. weird

The strobe light from the alarm was too distracting for Judge Adams. I'm bummed. Oh well, at least I can leave the house and run errands now. I've got the Jason Young testimony to watch later. :waiting:

seattlechiquita
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the updates!!! I am way here in Seattle, so by the time I got to the computer, the feed was gone. Pffft me.

And yes, AS has issues and is not my fave person. I will not deny that one bit. But Hemy's defense of insanity is complete and absolute BS.

*LD*
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
what are the chances that Andrea pulled the fire alarm? hehe

BrownRice
02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
what are the chances that Andrea pulled the fire alarm? hehe

That was my first thought too. :floorlaugh:

*LD*
02-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Trial Length.
FYI, my sister was in the small jury pool for this case. She was juror number 120ish out of 250. She never made it to court after filling out the questionnaire.

However, they told her that they expect the trial to go for 5 weeks. Based on what they've already covered that seems like a really long time. i would think more like 2 weeks.

Just thought I'd share.

robinparten
02-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I know Neuman is on trial here, and he IS guilty of the shooting, and I don't believe he was insane at all. However, the "subtrial" of this trial is the one for Andrea, and I simply do not believe she was not having an affair with that man. Who finds out their husband has been in an accident, and then calls their boss FIVE times? Calling my boss would be the last thing on my mind, especially if said boss was making unwanted advances towards me and I was trying desperately to keep the relationship purely professional.

There was an interview in the local media with Rusty's parents, and when they were asked about Andrea, they declined comment. However, last week Andrea was sitting in the courtroom with them. I believe they are trying to maintain a civil relationship with her so that they can still have access to their grandchildren. How hard it must be for them to maintain a relationship with a woman whose actions may very well have been the catalyst for the murder (although I am NOT excusing Neuman, he pulled the trigger).

I wonder if Andrea's attorney told her not to fess up to the affair at all, because to do so would increase the odds that she would be charged as well. Because honestly, I would be a lot more sympathetic towards her if she just said that yes, she had an affair with the man, but it was a fling she didn't plan, and certainly never meant to leave her husband, and she never knew was Neuman was planning. That would be a lot more believable to me than the story she is peddling now.

*LD*
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Whoa! Andrea Sneiderman has been banned not only from the courtroom, but from the courthouse and any contact with all witnesses. The judge felt she was close to causing a mistrial.

9:05 a.m.: Judge Adams say that after a witness testified on Thursday, she was hugged by Andrea Sneiderman. Adams warns that this is improper. Geary asks that Andrea Sneiderman be barred from the courthouse. He says she greeted the witness outside the courtroom and hold her she was no longer her friend. She also entered a witness room against instructions, he says. Defense joins prosecution's request.

‎9:10 a.m. Judge Adams orders Andrea Sneiderman barred from courtroom and courthouse and orders her not to have any contact with witnesses.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Whoa! Andrea Sneiderman has been banned not only from the courtroom, but from the courthouse and any contact with all witnesses. The judge felt she was close to causing a mistrial.

9:05 a.m.: Judge Adams say that after a witness testified on Thursday, she was hugged by Andrea Sneiderman. Adams warns that this is improper. Geary asks that Andrea Sneiderman be barred from the courthouse. He says she greeted the witness outside the courtroom and hold her she was no longer her friend. She also entered a witness room against instructions, he says. Defense joins prosecution's request.

‎9:10 a.m. Judge Adams orders Andrea Sneiderman barred from courtroom and courthouse and orders her not to have any contact with witnesses.

AS is a real piece of work, eh? Her self-righteous indignation and outright unwillingness to cooperate with the prosecution or obey the deputy's order for her to remain outside the witness room is astounding to me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from my screen when the DA was describing her behavior. :what:

IMO.

*LD*
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
And they said she was making audible comments in the courtroom yesterday. The judge just cut her off from anyone who is going to testify. I assume that means a lot of her friends, inlaws, former coworkers and possibly her OWN family! <modsnip>

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 12:59 PM
And they said she was making audible comments in the courtroom yesterday. The judge just cut her off from anyone who is going to testify. I assume that means a lot of her friends, inlaws, former coworkers and possibly her OWN family! Good, she's POS.

The lawyers said she was shaking her head...mouthing negative comments, making noise. Who does she think she is, OCA? :twocents:

Auburnmommyof2
02-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Catching up on a the latest info. I think AS could care less about justice for her husband! She seems to only care about herself. It makes me so sad for their precious, innocent children.
All my posts are only my opinion

kittykat1
02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
The lawyers said she was shaking her head...mouthing negative comments, making noise. Who does she think she is, OCA? :twocents:

Who is OCA?

seattlechiquita
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Catching up too.... holy cow those are some updates!!! AS really needs to.... err.... well... you know.

Waiting for the feed to come live again. Please tell me court was not adjourned.

seattlechiquita
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Who is OCA?

I've read that OCA thingy around WS. Does it have to do with the Casey Anthony case? am clueless

BrownRice
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Who is OCA?

I assume it's Casey Anthony (can't remember what the O stands for in the acronym though).

Yes, <modsnip>. Show some remorse for your husband (who by all appearances was a great guy). I hope she is arrested for something!

seattlechiquita
02-24-2012, 02:32 PM
...and we're back! I puffy heart the judge.

Anadarko
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone! I've been trying to watch online while at work, but can't find a way to get everyone to leave me alone.....lol

Glad to see the Judge is on top of AS and her antics!!

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Who is OCA?

Offender Casey Anthony, who famously acted much the same way in the courtroom. Very, ahem, animated.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Catching up on a the latest info. I think AS could care less about justice for her husband! She seems to only care about herself. It makes me so sad for their precious, innocent children.
All my posts are only my opinion

I think all appearances to the contrary, AS is very nervous that the magnifying glass is on her, and she's in the DA's scope. I know she is the purported victim (aside from poor Rusty and his family and the youngsters), and I respect that, but the attitude is giving me fits. She comes across as so angry. And I get that, but to me, and my opinion only, she is using that as a shield, in order to avoid closer scrutiny. In other words, she wants the world to think would be she be that angry if she was involved somehow in the planning of the murder? Or even knew of it beforehand and did nothing to stop it? She reminds me of a cornered animal...ready to strike out to defend herself at all costs. I'm sure she never pictured that she would be in this position, all due to a dalliance she didn't take terribly seriously...and perhaps she is, more than anything, angry at herself, for behaving in a manner that led to this awful situation.

My opinion only, and just the way she comes across to me.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 03:20 PM
I feel so sorry for Rusty's father having to listen to these witnesses describing Rusty gasping for air and bleeding out. I can't imagine what it is like to have to deal with that level of sorrow and loss in such a public way. He seems like a gentle, dignified soul.

*LD*
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
i really love this judge. He cracks me up with the way he auctions off seats, cough drops and coffee.

*LD*
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the updates everyone! I've been trying to watch online while at work, but can't find a way to get everyone to leave me alone.....lol

Glad to see the Judge is on top of AS and her antics!!

Lots of live blogs going on by local atlanta news outlets.
follow along!

http://dunwoody.11alive.com/news/news/103477-hemy-neuman-murder-trial-live-blog

*LD*
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
So sad. it has been hard to listen to and to watch.
Most notable witness (in regards to the Andrea portion of the story) is a woman who was at the scene when Rusty was shot. She testified that andrea drove up and got out screaming "WHAT HAPPENED". Andrea barely stopped the car before she was out. She was there for a matter of time acting all upset and asking questions. The woman then testified that shcommented to her husband that Andrea "didn't have a tear in her eye". She said she was bawling and everyone else around was crying. No tears from the widow.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
i really love this judge. He cracks me up with the way he auctions off seats, cough drops and coffee.

But it is decaf. What good is that? Didn't he reprimand a juror earlier for closing his or her eyes? I heard him giving a lecture about resting in the evening and staying alert during the trial! :crazy:

dover
02-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I think people are over-focused on what AS's reactions to all this show. Consider: Let's assume that there was an affair. An unplanned, regrettable time of weakness, perhaps during a difficult time in her marriage, such as happens every single day to people who'd never have thought they would do such a thing. It is wrong, hurtful, deceptive...and it happens all the time.

What's different is the aftermath. Due to the defendant's subsequent actions, AS experienced not only the loss of her husband (the real victim here, but who, alas, is not participating in the aftermath under discussion here), but the loss of her job, her ability to have a job, many of her friends, her home, her community, and large parts of her family. She's had to deal with her children's loss of their father, the life they knew and their home. Her indiscretion, such as it was, has become known in the public sphere and in her private spheres.

The woman is dealing with a gut-wrenching, life-altering ejection from society and life that's simply unimaginable for most of us. Not to mention the guilt...even if she's not culpable, she has to feel responsible in some way.

But even if there was an affair, this outcome is not proportional to the transgression. I don't think there's a manual on how you're supposed to act about this. I don't think it's fair for us to assume that she shouldn't seem angry or she should cry more or she should ... whatever. She's been living this reality for a year, and I don't think most of us would come across as our best selves under those circumstances.

She made a mistake. And if it hadn't been with the "psycho" defendant, it would have been a personal and emotional crisis between her and her husband. Instead, it's...well...it is much much more.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I think people are over-focused on what AS's reactions to all this show.

Perhaps this is because the defendant has admitted to the murder and is claiming insanity. The facts of this case are not at all in dispute. His insanity claim appears, at least prior to the introduction of any evidence, bogus, at least to me. The insanity is convenient, in order to avoid life in a prison cell with no hope of release.

The only thing left to parse is the motivations of the key players. JMHO

thumbtack
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Is it possible AS is setting herself up for a future insanity defense, w/ all her antics of late?

thumbtack
02-24-2012, 05:31 PM
or not

*LD*
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Actually, many of us are focused on the lies she's told and continues to tell. Not a single word that you wrote explains why she lied under oath on the stand about the affair. Your words also don't explain how Andrea knew her husband had been shot and told at least 3 people (all who have now testified) that Rusty had been shot. I'm looking at facts here.

You can defend her having the affair. Lots of people have affairs and their spouse is never murdered by their lover. I simply don't understand why she continues to lie and impede the trial against the man who has admitted to gunning down her husband.

seattlechiquita
02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey peoples, check this timeline out (we are allowed to post links yes?)

http://www.dipity.com/EdenGodbee/Hemy-Neuman-Murder-Trial/

octobermoon
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
I am late-comer to this. But why is she causing such a fuss? Wouldn't she want the confessed murderer of her husband to have his day in court? (rhetorical questions) That is what bothers me.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 06:07 PM
I am late-comer to this. But why is she causing such a fuss? Wouldn't she want the confessed murderer of her husband to have his day in court? (rhetorical questions) That is what bothers me.

Great question! And very much under debate. Maybe she has something embarrassing or shameful or possibly worse, to hide? And she is resentful that there are some who's goal is to find the truth and thereby provide some measure of justice for Rusty, whatever that might be? I dunno. Just thinking out loud here. MOO and all that jazz.

seattlechiquita
02-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I think the woman is scared sh1tless of being charged as a co-conspirator. Do I thikn she was one? Not really. I do believe she had a relationship going on with Hemy Neuman, but I just don't see her as a criminal mastermind. Hemy is not one, either.... he is just stupid. MOO

thumbtack
02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I think the woman is scared sh1tless of being charged as a co-conspirator. Do I thikn she was one? Not really. I do believe she had a relationship going on with Hemy Neuman, but I just don't see her as a criminal mastermind. Hemy is not one, either.... he is just stupid. MOO

AS knew her husband had been shot before being told. This tells me she was a co-conspirator.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
AS knew her husband had been shot before being told. This tells me she was a co-conspirator.

It would certainly seem the evidence is moving in that direction, right? What did y'all think about the various witnesses who testified she did not shed a single tear when informed of the shooting and then her husband's death?

And I didn't realize she collected a $2 million payout on Rusty's life insurance policy after his death. Do you think she might have manipulated Hemy into doing this (maybe with indirect encouragement) simply for the money? That's a lot of dough!!!! M:waitasec:

BrownRice
02-24-2012, 08:16 PM
You know LE would have arrested her in a heart beat if they had something on her.

thumbtack
02-24-2012, 08:47 PM
It would certainly seem the evidence is moving in that direction, right? What did y'all think about the various witnesses who testified she did not shed a single tear when informed of the shooting and then her husband's death?

And I didn't realize she collected a $2 million payout on Rusty's life insurance policy after his death. Do you think she might have manipulated Hemy into doing this (maybe with indirect encouragement) simply for the money? That's a lot of dough!!!! M:waitasec:

Woah! That's huge re: $2 mill to her.

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
You know LE would have arrested her in a heart beat if they had something on her.

Yeah, it's too bad GE emails are all deleted 30 days after they are put in the trash by the individual user. I was amazed a company like GE couldn't go further back and retrieve those emails. Would have been enlightening, IMO.:sigh:

thumbtack
02-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Can they still go after AS?

SheltieMom1
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Yep. Nothing stopping them except for a lack of evidence AFAIK.

angelmom
02-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Holy cow! I'm watching the testimony being rerun and the ER doc who pronounced Rusty and informed AS of his death dropped a bomb. This guy has been doing this job for 27 years and says AS's lack of emotion was "very unusual to say the least."

Also, that AS's first response was to ask for a child psychologist to tell her kids that their father was dead.

:Eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrownRice
02-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Yeah, it's too bad GE emails are all deleted 30 days after they are put in the trash by the individual user. I was amazed a company like GE couldn't go further back and retrieve those emails. Would have been enlightening, IMO.:sigh:

I didn't know that. I would think with this day of technology they have to be somewhere on the servers?

BrownRice
02-25-2012, 07:49 AM

I'm not an atty, but I know there is no statute of limitations for murder, so I would assume yes. But I can't imagine something coming up in trial that LE doesn't already know?

BrownRice
02-25-2012, 07:51 AM

What I find fascinating is this was per the request of the PROSECUTION!

~n/t~
02-25-2012, 08:00 AM

We've followed other trials where emails and computer searches were retrieved even after they were deleted. I don't know the technical term but IIRC, it's very difficult to delete the history from the hard drive. Putting in the trash folder doesn't delete them from the hard drive.

There has to be a way to retrieve them. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.:waitasec:

~n/t~
02-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I remember when this horrific story broke, many of us wondered about the wife's involvement. IMO, she is a co conspirator and I'm surprised they don't have enough. Hopefully, something will come out of this trial to arrest her. She is something.

BrownRice
02-25-2012, 08:12 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1361243.html

I love the chronological and detailed order of this blog. It's great if you can't watch testimony.

I wonder what 5 hour video the jury will be watching Monday. I assume it's the Hemy interview....

I'm concerned about this jury though. The Judge has had to tell them to be on time (ouch) and then:

"10:35 a.m.: Judge Adams interrupts testimony and tells
the jury to stand to ensure they "remain attentive."

BrownRice
02-25-2012, 08:13 AM
We've followed other trials where emails and computer searches were retrieved even after they were deleted. I don't know the technical term but IIRC, it's very difficult to delete the history from the hard drive. Putting in the trash folder doesn't delete them from the hard drive.

There has to be a way to retrieve them. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.:waitasec:

Exactly. I know you're following the Young case (and maybe Cooper too last year?). They have pulled up a lot of old stuff.

~n/t~
02-25-2012, 08:26 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1361243.html

I love the chronological and detailed order of this blog. It's great if you can't watch testimony.

I wonder what 5 hour video the jury will be watching Monday. I assume it's the Hemy interview....

I'm concerned about this jury though. The Judge has had to tell them to be on time (ouch) and then:

"10:35 a.m.: Judge Adams interrupts testimony and tells
the jury to stand to ensure they "remain attentive."

I think this jury is ready with a verdict. He admits shooting the victim but it's not his fault. Barry White's Voice and Olivia Newton-John's Body Made Him Do It.
:innocent:

BrownRice
02-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I think this jury is ready with a verdict. He admits shooting the victim but it's not his fault. Barry White's Voice and Olivia Newton-John's Body Made Him Do It.
:innocent:

Olivia made me crack up. Very creative!

Seems like it would actually be an interesting case to be a juror - it's moving quickly, there's a "scandal" love affair, the widow gets banned.

At the end of the day, it's a sad situation though since 2 little kids are without a father and a family has lost their son/brother.

~n/t~
02-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Olivia made me crack up. Very creative!

Seems like it would actually be an interesting case to be a juror - it's moving quickly, there's a "scandal" love affair, the widow gets banned.

At the end of the day, it's a sad situation though since 2 little kids are without a father and a family has lost their son/brother.

Maybe "affairs" are no longer scandalous as they once were. It seems every trial when a spouse is murdered, an affair(s) is revealed.

Maybe it will get more interesting when the defense puts on its case. I can't imagine what evidence will be presented to show this guy had an obsession with Barry White and Olivia Newton John.

Very sad indeed for the children and Rusty's family. I have no sympathy for the widow.

SheltieMom1
02-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Holy cow! I'm watching the testimony being rerun and the ER doc who pronounced Rusty and informed AS of his death dropped a bomb. This guy has been doing this job for 27 years and says AS's lack of emotion was "very unusual to say the least."

Also, that AS's first response was to ask for a child psychologist to tell her kids that their father was dead.

:Eek:

Can I ask where you can watch the testimony in an archive? I've been glued to my iPad not wanting to leave the house, and I would love to be able to be more productive during the trial. :innocent:

fran
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Can I ask where you can watch the testimony in an archive? I've been glued to my iPad not wanting to leave the house, and I would love to be able to be more productive during the trial. :innocent:

I've been looking for the answer for you SheltieMom. I too would like to see actual video of the trial testimony. I'm involved in another case now and watching it live. However the Young trial in NC does have archived daily video of complete testimony. But I've been waiting for the Young trial since '06 and was hoping I could catch this trial on replay.

No luck of complete testimony video archives, yet, that I can find. If anyone else knows where they could be located, please provide a link for those of us who find it difficult to watch the daily live video. tia.

For now I've found the below links that are the most detailed that I've seen so far.

Just fwiw,
fran

http://dunwoody.patch.com/topics/rusty+sneiderman

Dunwoody Patch, Daily Updates on Hemy Neuman Trial, for Murder of Rusty Sneiderman

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Testimony-to-Continue-in-Hemy-Neuman-Murder-Trial-20120224-am-sd

My Fox Atlanta: Hemy Neuman Trial

live tv coverage of hemy neuman murder trial - Google Search

Google search resulsts for: live tv coverage of hemy neuman murder trial

angelmom
02-26-2012, 12:49 AM

I'm in the ATL and they are showing it on Comcast channel 211 locally. It is live all day, and then last night they were reairing portions.

westie mom
02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I think people are over-focused on what AS's reactions to all this show. Consider: Let's assume that there was an affair. An unplanned, regrettable time of weakness, perhaps during a difficult time in her marriage, such as happens every single day to people who'd never have thought they would do such a thing. It is wrong, hurtful, deceptive...and it happens all the time.

What's different is the aftermath. Due to the defendant's subsequent actions, AS experienced not only the loss of her husband (the real victim here, but who, alas, is not participating in the aftermath under discussion here), but the loss of her job, her ability to have a job, many of her friends, her home, her community, and large parts of her family. She's had to deal with her children's loss of their father, the life they knew and their home. Her indiscretion, such as it was, has become known in the public sphere and in her private spheres.

The woman is dealing with a gut-wrenching, life-altering ejection from society and life that's simply unimaginable for most of us. Not to mention the guilt...even if she's not culpable, she has to feel responsible in some way.

But even if there was an affair, this outcome is not proportional to the transgression. I don't think there's a manual on how you're supposed to act about this. I don't think it's fair for us to assume that she shouldn't seem angry or she should cry more or she should ... whatever. She's been living this reality for a year, and I don't think most of us would come across as our best selves under those circumstances.

She made a mistake. And if it hadn't been with the "psycho" defendant, it would have been a personal and emotional crisis between her and her husband. Instead, it's...well...it is much much more.

<modsnip>

Out of lurkdom as this one was just too much for me not to address. I've been following this case since the first local news alert of Rusty's shooting on the morning of 11/18/10, and became very uncomfortable with the knowledge of AS's early retention of an attorney coupled with her deafening public silence for the 6 weeks between the murder and the arrest of HN. Being the Southerner that I am, I gave AS the benefit of the doubt and figured that she was working behind the scenes with the authorities...until the initial info about their relationship started trickling out in the weeks following the arrest. Then, and ONLY then, was there a brief written statement issued from AS expressing her "shock" at the arrest of HN who she referred to as a "famiy friend"...the smell factor really started that day, and has steadily grown over the months of further detailed info leading up to trial beginning last week, to reach a full-fledged and overwhelming stench. The stench was only magnified with the news last Fall that the Sneiderman family appeared to have broken all ties with AS, and their declining to address any mention of her name in a lengthy interview published in conjunction with the first anniversary of Rusty's death.

After seeing the absolute arrogance and narcicissm of AS during her own testimony, her reprehensible antics in the Courtroom/Courthouse, and witness after witness solidly impeaching her testimony on things that she should have had no reason to be lying about, I just have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm at the point that not only do I think she was complicit in the murder, I now believe that she played HN like a violin to get exactly what she ultimately wanted...out of a marriage she no longer wanted to be in (ostensibly due to Rusty's repeated job losses - right, and I've got a bridge for sale), able to quickly go from well off ($800,000 in the bank pre-murder) to flat out wealthy with the speed she redeemed the $2,000,000 in Rusty's life insurance policies, using the perfect patsy to do the deed for her, which should have left her in what would have been a MOST sympathetic posture for all the world to pity.

My wise old Grandmother had a saying that I think particularly fits AS..."beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone and the soul can't do anything to hide that ugliness". I have come to the conclusion that AS was not only complicit in Rusty's murder, I now firmly believe that she was fully involved in the planning, commission, and attempted cover-up of the crime. I now agree with many folks in the ATL area that feel she should be charged, and not just with perjury either! It would seem that she's already extended a good length of rope from her own mouth/attitude/actions, now all we can hope is that with the coming evidence adding to that length, that there will be enough for the proverbial noose for AS to have led to her own stint as a guest of the State of Georgia Department of Corrections for many, many years to come.

As always, the above is MOO.

Westie Mom

SheltieMom1
02-26-2012, 02:57 PM
<modsnip>
Out of lurkdom as this one was just too much for me not to address. I've been following this case since the first local news alert of Rusty's shooting on the morning of 11/18/10, and became very uncomfortable with the knowledge of AS's early retention of an attorney coupled with her deafening public silence for the 6 weeks between the murder and the arrest of HN. Being the Southerner that I am, I gave AS the benefit of the doubt and figured that she was working behind the scenes with the authorities...until the initial info about their relationship started trickling out in the weeks following the arrest. Then, and ONLY then, was there a brief written statement issued from AS expressing her "shock" at the arrest of HN who she referred to as a "famiy friend"...the smell factor really started that day, and has steadily grown over the months of further detailed info leading up to trial beginning last week, to reach a full-fledged and overwhelming stench. The stench was only magnified with the news last Fall that the Sneiderman family appeared to have broken all ties with AS, and their declining to address any mention of her name in a lengthy interview published in conjunction with the first anniversary of Rusty's death.

After seeing the absolute arrogance and narcicissm of AS during her own testimony, her reprehensible antics in the Courtroom/Courthouse, and witness after witness solidly impeaching her testimony on things that she should have had no reason to be lying about, I just have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm at the point that not only do I think she was complicit in the murder, I now believe that she played HN like a violin to get exactly what she ultimately wanted...out of a marriage she no longer wanted to be in (ostensibly due to Rusty's repeated job losses - right, and I've got a bridge for sale), able to quickly go from well off ($800,000 in the bank pre-murder) to flat out wealthy with the speed she redeemed the $2,000,000 in Rusty's life insurance policies, using the perfect patsy to do the deed for her, which should have left her in what would have been a MOST sympathetic posture for all the world to pity.

My wise old Grandmother had a saying that I think particularly fits AS..."beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone and the soul can't do anything to hide that ugliness". I have come to the conclusion that AS was not only complicit in Rusty's murder, I now firmly believe that she was fully involved in the planning, commission, and attempted cover-up of the crime. I now agree with many folks in the ATL area that feel she should be charged, and not just with perjury either! It would seem that she's already extended a good length of rope from her own mouth/attitude/actions, now all we can hope is that with the coming evidence adding to that length, that there will be enough for the proverbial noose for AS to have led to her own stint as a guest of the State of Georgia Department of Corrections for many, many years to come.

As always, the above is MOO.

Westie Mom

Westie Mom, the thanks button wasn't enough. :rocker: You echoed my sentiments very closely. I live in East Cobb, just over the Sandy Springs/Fulton County border, just minutes from Dunwoody. My daughter spent years taking piano lessons in the music shop right next to Dunwoody Prep. Conservative estimate, probably 150 times, I parked in the parking lot where Rusty was murdered. I lived for several years in the same East Cobb neighborhood that Hemy Neuman and his wife and children lived in. I walked my dogs past their house daily. My current neighbors (new neighborhood) worked at GE Power for years. I would not doubt that many of my acquaintances know, or are familiar with Andrea and Rusty, and Hemy and Rely (sp?) although I have never met any of the players myself.

Hence, my overwhelming fascination with this case.

I read every article in the AJC and every blog posting I can get my hands on. I watch the streaming trial feed every minute I can, when life doesn't rudely get in the way. When the testimony is over, I review the live blog to read what I might have missed that day.

My husband is ready to commit or divorce me.

I really have a bad feeling about AS. I, like you, initially gave her the benefit of my doubts, and thought perhaps it was a one-way obsession or maybe a mutual flirtation. But as information has been made public, and testimony of witnesses has demonstrated, I believe there are indications that AS knew what was coming down the tracks and either encouraged it or did nothing to stop it. Her attempts to persuade LE not to investigate HN, leading them "down a rabbit hole" as I believe one detective phrased it lead me to believe she knew exactly who the perpetrator was. And why would she try to assist in avoiding his prosecution...except if she had something to hide, or lose (like her kids). My one point of confusion is Hemy not implicating her in exchange for a lesser sentence. That may be coming in the future, and he might wish to see what the jury makes of his so called insanity before he turns states evidence, or at least approaches the prosecution. On the other hand, he may not have any evidence, beyond his testimony, implicating AS (after all, the prosecution already has all the available emails, surveillance footage, etc.). Or he might really still be hung up on AS, and is being what he considers a gentleman, by taking the fall for this murder. Or, maybe he was just manipulated and it was never a true conspiracy on their parts. She might have given him subtle clues that she would be available if only Rusty wasn't in the picture...and then she comes out $2 million richer without having to actually spend the rest of her life with HN. That may be the mystery that is never solved here.

JUST MY OPINION.

robinparten
02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
After reading up on the trial thus far, I have to say I am baffled how/why AS has not been charged. The evidence against her is circumstantial but it is significant, especially when you add in the $2,000,000 life insurance policy. I believe charges have been brought in other cases with similar evidence. I honestly am beginning to wonder that if AS were a man, would they have already brought charges? I think so.

SheltieMom1
02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Is anybody watching the videotape of the police interrogation of HN this morning? HN was *very* deeply in debt...$440,000 on his house, plus student loans and $77,000 owed on his credit cards. His wife spent money very freely. The motive for the murder is sounding more and more, to me, in part, at least, like it was about collecting insurance proceeds, possibly. JMO

seattlechiquita
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
OHAI everyone! :seeya:

Catching up. The quality of the video is as bad as my ex's taste in clothes. Pffft.

I have awesome coffee, and am ready to roll!!! :great:

SheltieMom1
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
OHAI everyone! :seeya:

Catching up. The quality of the video is as bad as my ex's taste in clothes. Pffft.

I have awesome coffee, and am ready to roll!!! :great:

Yay! I've been glued to the computer all morning watching and straining to hear. Finally had to use earbuds to get enough volume. I took a break during their lunch break to go to the market and walk the dogs. 'Bout to get on the elliptical with iPad in hand, at least I can watch and listen to the afternoon session while burning calories! :woohoo:

T-Rex
02-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Here are links to some more videos. A bartender who saw them kissing. A realtor he confided in, and whom he told they had sex.
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/raw-video-bartender-testifies-andrea-hemy-were/vF8Xm/

westie mom
02-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Is anybody watching the videotape of the police interrogation of HN this morning? HN was *very* deeply in debt...$440,000 on his house, plus student loans and $77,000 owed on his credit cards. His wife spent money very freely. The motive for the murder is sounding more and more, to me, in part, at least, like it was about collecting insurance proceeds, possibly. JMO

OK, OK, OK...I know I've had an extremely stressful 11+ hour day at work today with more to come this week, and that's coupled with some really serious family stuff going on simultaneously as well, so I may very well be incapable of grasping some finer points right now. I trust that my fellow Websleuthers will help me out as I try to assimilate the media info from over the weekend with the replay of HN's interrogation I'm watching on WIZ right now.

SheltieMom1, I'm even past some of the stuff we discussed yesterday, leading up to HN interrogation and arrest 1/4/11...the STENCH has now reached a proportion I could never before fathom, and may be bordering on qualifying as biological or chemical weapons material!!! For me the BIG Whopper that I need any and all help with to try and reconcile is this...over this past weekend, AS's attorney did an interview with the AJC (I'll try to post the link in a minute) in which he attempted to paint her as being aware of her potentially being "beaten up on the stand" but that AS just wanted to do ALLLL she can to "help the Prosecution"...y'all reckon???? That bridge of mine is still on the market...

Within what was probably 2 breaths, a paragraph then starts where her attorney goes into all of this claptrap about how AS was completely out of touch with HN in December since she was in "secluson" in Florida, UNTIL an allegedly unsolicited and specifically UNWANTED e-mail shows up from HN with "Just the Way You Are" attached on 12/28/10...does she report this e-mail to ANYONE, much less law enforcement??? - NOPE!! THEN she is supposedly telling friends by 12/30/10 that she is becoming convinced that HN killed Rusty, but has more excuses than Hector has pups as to why she took no steps to report the "unsolicited e-mail", and her becoming "more convinced it's Hemy" as she looks at the sketch to law enforcement until AFTER HN is arrested 1/4/12 and the proverbial poop hits the fan in the ATL media.

My SHOCKER just now came when the detectives and HN start discussing an e-mail that AS allegedly send to HN the night of 1/3/11 - the night BEFORE HN's scheduled 1/4/11 interview/interrorgation with law enforcement...REALLY???...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????? HOW is that being "out of touch" with HN"??? Do we have a transcript or something about what this e-mail contained??? I would pay $50 to see the thing, since it wasn't fully commented upon on the interrogation tape. I will wager SERIOUS money that the e-mail either yanks HN buy the short ones, or more likely shows her desperation realizing the roof is caving in, telling HN that he just HAS to be stong, keep her uninvolved, and making $$$ and emotional promises...bets??? I ask as apparently AS found herself turning on a spit like a hog at a Bar-B-Q on 1/5/11...PLEASE Santa, give me an early present and let them show THAT interrogation too :-)

I'm beginning to think that those of us in the immediate ATL area are going to need thigh-high rubber boots to keep wading through all of AS's nothing less than pure BS until this trial is over!! Lord, please let her stay arrogant and stupid enough to think that she's smarter than ANYONE else in the World...I'll even pay part of the gas expense to transfer her happy butt to the State Women's Correctional Institute. Lord, please also help Rusty's family understand that they need a Family Law attorney RIGHT NOW, THIS VERY MOMENT, who is prepared to file an emergency injunction to get those precious children out of AS's clutches when she is inevitably arrested, and give the presiding Judge in that matter the wisdom to place those children with the Sneiderman family, permanently...Amen.

If I've done this right (absolutely NO guarantee) the link to AS attorney's interview Saturday follows. If I screwed it up, go to the AJC website, and find the article titled "Andrea Sneiderman Attorney: Widow took the stand to "help the prosecution". Y'all know something, my bridge remains for sale and I may need to look at raising the asking price :-)

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/andrea-sneiderman-attorney-widow-1362785.html

Thanks SOOOO much for the updates during the workday...for those of us who can't monitor the trial live, it means so very much more than y'all know!!

As always, the above is MOO,

Westie Mom

Jacie Estes
02-28-2012, 12:40 AM
After reading up on the trial thus far, I have to say I am baffled how/why AS has not been charged. The evidence against her is circumstantial but it is significant, especially when you add in the $2,000,000 life insurance policy. I believe charges have been brought in other cases with similar evidence. I honestly am beginning to wonder that if AS were a man, would they have already brought charges? I think so.

I did not follow this case at all but happened to see a video of the wife, AS, this past weekend. When it got to the part about her being banned from the courtroom, I couldn't help but chuckle. What a piece of work. She isn't helping herself or anyone with that attitude.

BrownRice
02-28-2012, 06:54 AM
I did not follow this case at all but happened to see a video of the wife, AS, this past weekend. When it got to the part about her being banned from the courtroom, I couldn't help but chuckle. What a piece of work. She isn't helping herself or anyone with that attitude.

So true. And isn't the point of this trial to help Rusty (receive justice)? She's a piece of work. Can't imagine how RS's parents and brother are feeling these days.

robinparten
02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
http://thedriveat35.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-behind-andrea-sneiderman-my-friend.html

This is a blog from friends who support AS.

SheltieMom1
02-28-2012, 12:39 PM
http://thedriveat35.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-behind-andrea-sneiderman-my-friend.html

This is a blog from friends who support AS.

This piece of propaganda is laughable. IMO:floorlaugh:

SheltieMom1
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
OK, OK, OK...I know I've had an extremely stressful 11+ hour day at work today with more to come this week, and that's coupled with some really serious family stuff going on simultaneously as well, so I may very well be incapable of grasping some finer points right now. I trust that my fellow Websleuthers will help me out as I try to assimilate the media info from over the weekend with the replay of HN's interrogation I'm watching on WIZ right now.

SheltieMom1, I'm even past some of the stuff we discussed yesterday, leading up to HN interrogation and arrest 1/4/11...the STENCH has now reached a proportion I could never before fathom, and may be bordering on qualifying as biological or chemical weapons material!!! For me the BIG Whopper that I need any and all help with to try and reconcile is this...over this past weekend, AS's attorney did an interview with the AJC (I'll try to post the link in a minute) in which he attempted to paint her as being aware of her potentially being "beaten up on the stand" but that AS just wanted to do ALLLL she can to "help the Prosecution"...y'all reckon???? That bridge of mine is still on the market...

Within what was probably 2 breaths, a paragraph then starts where her attorney goes into all of this claptrap about how AS was completely out of touch with HN in December since she was in "secluson" in Florida, UNTIL an allegedly unsolicited and specifically UNWANTED e-mail shows up from HN with "Just the Way You Are" attached on 12/28/10...does she report this e-mail to ANYONE, much less law enforcement??? - NOPE!! THEN she is supposedly telling friends by 12/30/10 that she is becoming convinced that HN killed Rusty, but has more excuses than Hector has pups as to why she took no steps to report the "unsolicited e-mail", and her becoming "more convinced it's Hemy" as she looks at the sketch to law enforcement until AFTER HN is arrested 1/4/12 and the proverbial poop hits the fan in the ATL media.

My SHOCKER just now came when the detectives and HN start discussing an e-mail that AS allegedly send to HN the night of 1/3/11 - the night BEFORE HN's scheduled 1/4/11 interview/interrorgation with law enforcement...REALLY???...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????? HOW is that being "out of touch" with HN"??? Do we have a transcript or something about what this e-mail contained??? I would pay $50 to see the thing, since it wasn't fully commented upon on the interrogation tape. I will wager SERIOUS money that the e-mail either yanks HN buy the short ones, or more likely shows her desperation realizing the roof is caving in, telling HN that he just HAS to be stong, keep her uninvolved, and making $$$ and emotional promises...bets??? I ask as apparently AS found herself turning on a spit like a hog at a Bar-B-Q on 1/5/11...PLEASE Santa, give me an early present and let them show THAT interrogation too :-)

I'm beginning to think that those of us in the immediate ATL area are going to need thigh-high rubber boots to keep wading through all of AS's nothing less than pure BS until this trial is over!! Lord, please let her stay arrogant and stupid enough to think that she's smarter than ANYONE else in the World...I'll even pay part of the gas expense to transfer her happy butt to the State Women's Correctional Institute. Lord, please also help Rusty's family understand that they need a Family Law attorney RIGHT NOW, THIS VERY MOMENT, who is prepared to file an emergency injunction to get those precious children out of AS's clutches when she is inevitably arrested, and give the presiding Judge in that matter the wisdom to place those children with the Sneiderman family, permanently...Amen.

If I've done this right (absolutely NO guarantee) the link to AS attorney's interview Saturday follows. If I screwed it up, go to the AJC website, and find the article titled "Andrea Sneiderman Attorney: Widow took the stand to "help the prosecution". Y'all know something, my bridge remains for sale and I may need to look at raising the asking price :-)

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/andrea-sneiderman-attorney-widow-1362785.html

Thanks SOOOO much for the updates during the workday...for those of us who can't monitor the trial live, it means so very much more than y'all know!!

Westie Mom

Bravo Westie Mom!!

I had a dentist appointment this morning so I could only watch the first 25 minutes of the videotape when court first started. I got back at about 11:20, so I missed a good chunk of whatever went on this morning. I hate when obligations get in the way of this circus. Right now the ballistics expert is testifying. Pretty dry stuff.

I have to admit being slightly disappointed when Andrea was banned, because I enjoyed watching her antics. Her attitude and demeanor was entertaining and infuriating. I hope she doesn't fade into the woodwork during the pendency of this trial. I really hope the prosecution recalls her to the stand. She is still under subpoena, so she is subject to re-examination.

The tide of public opinion, which was already skeptical towards AS, seems to be turning from skepticism towards downright antagonism, with good reason. I so wish the computer forensic analysts had been able to dig up additional emails, because I am sure they would have uncovered terribly incriminating communications between HN and AS. It's hard to believe they can't do that in this day and age. It seems a foregone conclusion that HN was perfectly sane during this period, at least it appears so to me. I truly hope AS doesn't escape justice if she is guilty of obstruction, perjury, conspiracy or worse. It doesn't look hopeful right now that she will even be charged, despite the investigators' obvious suspicions, which were communicated in their taped conversation with HN.

FBI agent on the stand now; cameras not permitted to capture his image, so focus is on the judge and HN. You can still hear his testimony, however. Talking about iPad memory analysis.

ALL JUST OPINION, and solely my own.

*LD*
02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
i'm hoping the FBI guy got some good text msgs or scandalous photos off Heny's iPad or iPhone. guess we will find out after lunch!

pdx
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Sort of in general, because I think it needs posting.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

kittykat1
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Just finished listening to testimony from the FBI guy, Chad. The morning of November 18, I do not recall him saying that Andrea called Rusty once. She only knew there was an emergency at the daycare.

If it was me, I'd be trying to get my husband on the horn asap!

*LD*
02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
the state has rested

*LD*
02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
andrea testified that she never attempted to call rusty.

SheltieMom1
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
the state has rested

That was quicker than I expected.

westie mom
02-28-2012, 08:37 PM
That was quicker than I expected.

Something tells me that we're in for some SERIOUS entertainment during the State's rebuttal case...may have to take a PTO day or 2 as I'll wager AS will be making a "command performance"!! Hmmm...the DeKalb County Courthouse isn't all that far for me to drive :-)

After my marathon day yesterday, I just flat-out ran out of steam and came on home this evening. Ever faithful, the WIZ replay of today's festivities is on as I try to catch up. For those who've been able to watch during the day, I could use a bit of help please. I caught a blurb on the radio driving home about cell phone pings indicating that AS was NOWHERE near Atlanta Medical Center (where Rusty was taken by EMS) when she claimed to be???? What in the heck was that all about?? Did they indicate where she actually was?? It has been bothering me that the testimony has established Rusty was shot around 9:10am, ambulance en route to AMC by 9:30am when AS called her FIL en route to Dunwoody Prep, and AS didn't appear at the Hospital until almost 11am...for crying out loud, during our WORST traffic nightmares around here, the drive from Dunwoody to Downtown in a driving rainstorm should have taken 30-40 minutes MAX...MUCH less on the gorgeous sunny day that 11/18/10 was!!

Also, while I appreciate the post from PDX reminding us that Websleuths is a victim friendly site and that I very much appreciate and respect that fact about this WONDERFUL place, I'd like to point out that BOTH sides in this trial - along with the VAST majority of the witness testimony - are portraying AS as involved in this crime up to her eyebrows, and are most assuredly calling her alleged "victimhood" into SERIOUS question. Heck, even AS's BFF believed nothing out of her mouth after Rusty's death. Further, AS's arrogance and antics certainly haven't done anything to endear her to anyone, or even diminish that impression for the close to 5 million residents of the ATL Metro area as the drumbeat steadily grows for her to, in fact, be facing criminal charges pronto. Hmmm...*LD* may be onto something suspecting the "easy" case is being tried first!

Off to work my way out of "Westie jail" for my crazy hours yesterday, and perhaps find a bite to eat. I hope I can stay awake long enough to catch the replay of the "ping testimony" I mentioned above :-)

As always, the above is MOO, IMO, etc. etc.

Westie Mom

SheltieMom1
02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
I only caught about an hour's worth of testimony today, as I had a meeting in the afternoon and an appt in the morning. I will do some searching to see what I can find on the pings. Looking forward to the expert defense witnesses on the horizon.

T-Rex
02-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Andrea said the reason she took so long to get to the hospital is that she was instructed at the daycare to go home, and from there, had to call hospitals herself (I think she said a male family member did it for her) to figure out where Rusty had been taken.

westie mom
02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Andrea said the reason she took so long to get to the hospital is that she was instructed at the daycare to go home, and from there, had to call hospitals herself (I think she said a male family member did it for her) to figure out where Rusty had been taken.

Thanks for clearing that up T-rex...I figured the police on scene at Dunwoody Prep would have told her he was taken to AMC as the EMS crew almost assuredly informed them.

Now the fun begins as the Defense attempts to convince the jury - and everyone else - that HN was "insane"...he sure seemed fine thoughtout that 5+ hour interrogation, at least to me!!

Westie Mom

SheltieMom1
02-29-2012, 10:27 AM
State and Defense arguing a motion outside the presence of the jury. Apparently, the defense wants to call Ms. Citron back to the stand to explain what occurred in and out of the courtroom vis a vis AS the day Ms. Citron testified. DA arguing it's hearsay and will lead to a mistrial. Defense arguing now.

SheltieMom1
02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Defense argues "HN is sick, and he has been manipulated by AS. AS has played all of us for a fool."

SheltieMom1
02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Judge Adams will rule after a brief recess. Defense wants to call Shayna Citron as their first witness in their defense case in chief. Time to start the laundry, thanks Judge Adams!

*LD*
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Note that the Defense, in their argument to Judge Adams, stated that they believe AS is guilty of the felony of threatening witnesses which is punishable of up to 2-10 years. Shayna Citron is at the courthouse ready to take the stand to testify that Andrea hugged and kissed her in front of the jury. AS then guided her out of the courtroom and instructed her to sit on the bench. AS then told her that they were done as friends. SC replied "i had to tell the truth". AS replied "well then i have to do what I have to do".

SC took this as a threat enough that she called her daycare/school to warn them that she was scared and had been threatened. She also obviously spoke to the State and Defense teams about the encounter and feels strongly enough about it that she's getting back up on the stand to tell the jury. . . .if Judge Adams rules she can.

SheltieMom1
02-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Defense moves for mistrial after motion is denied. Shayna Citron will not be permitted to testify about the acts of AS in and out of the courtroom that gave rise to her perception of being threatened by AS.