PDA

View Full Version : TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cubby
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/thumb.png

Jonathan Foster, age 12, was last seen in the area of N. Shepherd & 43rd on December 24, 2010 @ about 1:45 p.m. Jonathan has a very visible overbite. He was last known to be wearing a tan colored t-shirt with musical notes and a guitar printed on it. He was also wearing blue jeans and black & white tennis shoes with a red stripe. Jonathan has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. He is 4'7" tall and weighs about 85 pounds.

If you have seen Jonathan, have information … or know of his whereabouts, please contact the Houston Police Department @ (713) 731-5223 – or Texas EquuSearch @ (281) 309-9500.

Please continue here.

Thread 1

Media Links

Kimmer
12-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I was wondering where the quote button went, First off you could not pay me to be a homicide investigator in Houston if this is a normal day there My God.....And I could not quote whomever asked on the other thead about how updated Family Watchdog is, I get updates about people who live around me all the time, sad but true, I can also tell you that I have told several neighbors about the RSO that is one street over so there children don't let there kids walk in front of his house since we have a local walking only elementary at the end of the street.

peeples
12-28-2010, 06:22 PM
So 3 bodies found, an infant in a trash can? A burned child? and a woman floating?
So sad.. at least there will be closure for some families as well. I can imagine not knowing to be worse than knowing what happened to a loved one especially after a long period of time :( :(

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Has anyone monitoring the scanners heard any useful info?

jstwondering
12-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Old Today, 05:58 PM
peeples post:

he said "him" weren't they looking for a raspy voiced woman????

Forgive me for bringing this over from last thread in such an inelegant, non-techy, cut-paste form, but I thought it had to be repeated, as I believe it is relevant. Thank you, Peeples.

No wonder lawyers tell clients to keep their mouth shut, as the Birth Mother and Step-father are their own worst enemies for swaying public opinion. IMO

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7356276.html

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's the first I saw it reported in the media that the mom and stepdad did not live together: "The boy lives with his mother at the complex. His stepfather also lives at the complex in a nearby unit."

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 06:28 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's the first I saw it reported in the media that the mom and stepdad did not live together: "The boy lives with his mother at the complex. His stepfather also lives at the complex in a nearby unit."

From what I've gathered...seems like the boy started living with mom and step dad 6 weeks ago, step dad moved out 3 weeks ago.

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Sources say volunteers later found what was described as a burn site in the 9500 block of Bauman near Tidwell. The site is about 1 mile from where the child's body was found this morning.

burbqueen
12-28-2010, 06:29 PM
this case has me seriously confused! babysitter or no? Was he going to get a game from hme or going somewhere to pick up a game? Was the stepdad at home? Or did he show up at the apt at the same time as JF? Mom got one call? Or was it two? Was the person on the line a man? woman? jonathan?

I guess i'll wait till we hear something, anything that makes sense...

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 06:31 PM
From what I've gathered...seems like the boy started living with mom and step dad 6 weeks ago, step dad moved out 3 weeks ago.

Yes, I think that came from a commenter on a news site who is a relative. It's the first time I saw it reported in the MSM.

A_News_Junkie
12-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I was wondering where the quote button went, First off you could not pay me to be a homicide investigator in Houston if this is a normal day there My God.....And I could not quote whomever asked on the other thead about how updated Family Watchdog is, I get updates about people who live around me all the time, sad but true, I can also tell you that I have told several neighbors about the RSO that is one street over so there children don't let there kids walk in front of his house since we have a local walking only elementary at the end of the street.

Thanks Kimmer, that was me.

I can't believe how many bodies have been found today. I will add Huston to Portland of the cities I NEVER want to go to - no matter what great points they have.

Does anyone know a local station that broadcasts evening news live? If so can you post the link? Huston is Central time - an hour behind EST, right?

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Could SD have been baby sitting, hence the confusion? Maybe Jonathan was at SD's and left to go get the game at his house? Or not.........who knows at this point?

jstwondering
12-28-2010, 06:35 PM

Well, I was doing some research, and Bayou Body Count No. 297 was found Christmas eve, this averages out to be over 5 bodies per week, this year. (This refers to the area where a body was discovered this morning that appears to be a woman.)

In this article:People are getting away with murder
Police in the Houston region reported 2,750 homicides from 2004 to 2009. Of those cases, 850 have yet to be solved
By YANG WANG
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Aug. 22, 2010, 6:31PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7165494.html
"Some Houston-area communities are among 120 cities and counties across the state where 63 percent of murders or fewer are solved — "

Sorry in advance if that is considered off topic.

cloudajo
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM

Yes, thanks. And I'm keeping in mind that even though DD is being called the "stepfather," we don't know what his relationship was like with Jonathan.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Yes, thanks. And I'm keeping in mind that even though DD is being called the "stepfather," we don't know what his relationship was like with Jonathan.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate....NOT GOOD

cloudajo
12-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Grandmother talks about Jonathan calling his mother at work (saying it was an emergency). She said the call came in just before 2:00 in the afternoon, a few minutes after the boy’s stepdad reportedly saw Foster at his home.

So if the call really happened and he was in trouble at that time, it means within ~15 min after DD left Jonathan, Jonathan was kidnapped. Small window.

Starts about :27
http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=110896 (http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=110896)

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.39online.com/videobeta/?watchId=22119ce7-3e5e-4d7c-a876-52e273f9a7ca

Yikes, I listened to this video too (several times at full blast)... I hear(d) "He a curious kid, he's a pest. He, I mean, he's a wonderful baby."

Gonna admit, hearing this just set my boat off course.

Her reactions, and I don't say this with any condemnation, but they remind me of those that are in withdrawal from drugs/alcohol. (I watch quite a bit of Celebrity Rehab.)

Kimmer
12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
I can only assume that with as many murders as Houston has and as wishy washy as the facts of this case has been that a seasoned homicide investigator should be able to close this case fairly easily if there is family involvement...We can only hope and pray that is the case....Prayers for Johnathan.

MsFacetious
How can they tell it is a child's body... if they can't determine it is not Jonathan.

He is 4'7, close to adult height, 5 inches shorter than me.

They don't know the gender.

How did they determine it is a child and not a small adult? Look at Annie Le, she was as small as me... it's not just me.

If it's a small enough child to obviously be a child, they should be able to say it's not Jonathan, because he is not a "small child."

Teeth would tell them an approximate age. Bones would tell them an approximate age. Yet, those would also help with gender.

So I don't understand how they made that determination if the body is so burned they cannot tell the gender... they shouldn't be able to tell the age either.

This doesn't make sense, at all.

A_News_Junkie
Well, I was doing some research, and Bayou Body Count No. 297 was found Christmas eve, this averages out to be over 5 bodies per week, this year. (This refers to the area where a body was discovered this morning that appears to be a woman.)

Police in the Houston region reported 2,750 homicides from 2004 to 2009. Of those cases, 850 have yet to be solved
By YANG WANG
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
"Some Houston-area communities are among 120 cities and counties across the state where 63 percent of murders or fewer are solved — "

OMG.

Now I have to get my broken jaw set -- as it fell to the ground reading this. :banghead::banghead:

jadejazzkayla
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
So 3 bodies found, an infant in a trash can? A burned child? and a woman floating?
So sad.. at least there will be closure for some families as well. I can imagine not knowing to be worse than knowing what happened to a loved one especially after a long period of time :( :(

bbm....snipped from link updated about 10 minutes ago. re: body in buffalo bayou...

Investigators are not sure if the body is a man or woman.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868504

Linda7NJ

Yikes, I listened to this video too (several times at full blast)... I hear(d) "He a curious kid, he's a pest. He, I mean, he's a wonderful baby."

Glad I'm not hearing things cause I did the same. Sounded like PEST to me too

oh_gal
Hoping against hope that they find this poor boy alive and well somewhere...

Kimmer

I have listened to this several times and I have heard "pest" everytime....sets me on fire everytime.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 06:44 PM
How can they tell it is a child's body... if they can't determine it is not Jonathan.

How did they determine it is a child and not a small adult? Look at Annie Le, she was as small as me... it's not just me.

If it's a small enough child to obviously be a child, they should be able to say it's not Jonathan. Teeth would tell them an approximate age. Bones would tell them an approximate age. So I don't understand how they made that determination if the body is so burned they cannot tell the gender... they shouldn't be able to tell the age either.

a simple x-ray would tell them the age.

They suspect it is him, but you know they can't come out and say so until it's confirmed. Remember when little Caylee was found? They knew it was her, we all knew it was her, but they had to wait for the DNA to offically announce it.

tfrohning
12-28-2010, 06:46 PM

By YANG WANG
HOUSTON CHRONICLE

No need to be sorry I wondering about the numbers in Houston:waitasec:

Thank you!

Kimmer
I don't worry about what LE is telling us, I listen to what they are not, If they thought there was no way this was Johnathan they would have already had a presser about that today, that has not happened.

jen&jonhart
Sources say volunteers later found what was described as a burn site in the 9500 block of Bauman near Tidwell. The site is about 1 mile from where the child's body was found this morning.

Why would someone burn a body in one spot and then move it somewhere else? The only reason I can think of was so it would be found. This is just so sad.

peeples

If it's a small enough child to obviously be a child, they should be able to say it's not Jonathan, because he is not a "small child."

Teeth would tell them an approximate age. Bones would tell them an approximate age. Yet, those would also help with gender.

So I don't understand how they made that determination if the body is so burned they cannot tell the gender... they shouldn't be able to tell the age either.

being they took the grandma away i wonder if they DO know.. and needed her to identify charred clothing or something.. I dunno.. just thinking out loud.

Dear Prudence
Thanks Kimmer, that was me.

I can't believe how many bodies have been found today. I will add Huston to Portland of the cities I NEVER want to go to - no matter what great points they have.

Does anyone know a local station that broadcasts evening news live? If so can you post the link? Huston is Central time - an hour behind EST, right?

http://www.cjgsu.net/initiatives/HomRates-2010A-01-21-Score.pdf
Houston ranks #16 in homicide rates of US cities. Not too bad considering Houston is the 4th largest city in the US. And Portland is #55.

jstwondering
12-28-2010, 06:49 PM

BBM
Although I had read that mom & stepdad didn't live together anymore from a comment by self-proclaimed Uncle Glen???, who said he would be on Nancy Grace tonight (can't remember which website I read this on... could very well be an early post on Webslueths) who said his sister (the mom) was a liar, and she and son didn't live with SF anymore from 3 weeks ago...
I had never heard that the "stepfather also lives at the complex in a nearby unit"!!!

Does anyone think that this could be the roots of the babysitter story? Is stepfather the babysitter that was a few doors down?

mysticrose
12-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I am thinking the babysitter is SD, we are just now learning he doesn't live in the same apt. as mom ? Alrighty then.....

Been trying to catch up, I was so hoping Jonathan would have been found by now :( I been home about 30 mins.
I hope the burned body isn't him..................

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 06:50 PM
being they took the grandma away i wonder if they DO know.. and needed her to identify charred clothing or something.. I dunno.. just thinking out loud.

I think they want to start preparing her for the inevitable and not hear it in the media. They also may want to use her to talk with mommy.

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Does anyone think that this could be the roots of the babysitter story? Is stepfather the babysitter that was a few doors down?

Yikes, and yes. That would make a lot of sense.

[PS- Welcome to WS]

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Glen is the uncle in Missouri & the one who Jonathan had been living with until November 2009

jen&jonhart
12-28-2010, 06:52 PM
BBM
Although I had read that mom & stepdad didn't live together anymore from a comment by self-proclaimed Uncle Glen???, who said he would be on Nancy Grace tonight (can't remember which website I read this on... could very well be an early post on Webslueths) who said his sister (the mom) was a liar, and she and son didn't live with SF anymore from 3 weeks ago...
I had never heard that the "stepfather also lives at the complex in a nearby unit"!!!

Great point. Maybe thats where the confussion about a babysitter is coming from.

Elphaba
12-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Yes, she said "pest"... odd word to describe your missing child. BUT, it may be a term of endearment?

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
I think they want to start preparing her for the inevitable and not hear it in the media. They also may want to use her to talk with mommy.

I think you are right on the money there. She would never throw her daughter under the bus unless there were proof she were involved in something happening to Jonathan, then I could not say what she would do.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Yikes, and yes. That would make a lot of sense.

[PS- Welcome to WS]

No it doesn't, IMO When we start having to make up excuses for what people really meant it's reaching. I am of the firm belief people say what they mean, and say it the way it's intended it to be heard.

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Did the cops come out and physically respond to the mothers request at 9:30 PM, Christmas Eve? I bet if they did they could provide context clues to help in this case.

MsFacetious
12-28-2010, 07:00 PM
a simple x-ray would tell them the age.

They suspect it is him, but you know they can't come out and say so until it's confirmed. Remember when little Caylee was found? They knew it was her, we all knew it was her, but they had to wait for the DNA to offically announce it.

With Caylee there wasn't other missing kids and the skeleton fit her description because there was no burning or anything.

In this case it is burned and 3 feet tall instead of 4'7... and we have a 4 year old also missing in the area who is much closer to 3 feet tall.

They said it was a child before they moved the body from the scene.

I guess they could have taken a portable x-ray machine out there.... but I just thought it was unlikely.

I just figured if a body is burned badly enough to take 19 inches off of the length of the person... that it might require a bit more to be sure of the age.

It's probably him though. :furious:

Kimmer
12-28-2010, 07:00 PM
are the any locals from the apt complex that can say if it looks like LE has searched the mothers apt or the place the SD was staying?

mysticrose
12-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I think this is same info from before just thought I would post it

Body of burned child found in TexasBy the CNN Wire StaffDecember 28, 2010 5:03 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- Houston, Texas, police were investigating the death of a child whose burned body was found Tuesday morning in a drainage ditch.

Police got a call from someone who initially believed the remains to be burned debris, said homicide Lt. Leslie Martinez. The body is about 3 feet tall, she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/28/texas.burned.body/index.html?section=cnn_latest

lisser
12-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes, she said "pest"... odd word to describe your missing child. BUT, it may be a term of endearment?

I agree. I also heard pest, but took it in the context of the sentence. To me she was saying that he was curious and always talking and asking questions.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 07:02 PM
With Caylee there wasn't other missing kids and the skeleton fit her description because there was no burning or anything.

In this case it is burned and 3 feet tall instead of 4'7... and we have a 4 year old also missing in the area who is much closer to 3 feet tall.

They said it was a child before they moved the body from the scene.

I guess they could have taken a portable x-ray machine out there.... but I just thought it was unlikely.

I just figured if a body is burned badly enough to take 19 inches off of the length of the person... that it might require a bit more to be sure of the age.

It's probably him though. :furious:

I understand where you're comming from. But I'm quite sure the body was contracted making height difficult to approximate.

scuseme
12-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I heard the word pest also. These are country people and don't seem to be well educated. I didn't take it in a bad way..."he's curious, he's a pest". Maybe it's just me but I think it's just a poor choice of words considering how much stress she is under (whether it's because she is missing a child or because she is trying to hide something).

As far as the crime rate in Houston in goes...I'm a local and I don't think other's understand how BIG Houston is. Besides being the 4th largest city in the county it is also sprawling. I can drive for an hour on I-10, straight, and still be driving in Houston. Harris County (Houston) has more people than the ENTIRE state of Oregon which ranks 27th in population. Houston has some lovely, safe areas and some scary areas too. Just don't judge our city on the number of bodies found today. This is not normal!

MsFacetious
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
are the any locals from the apt complex that can say if it looks like LE has searched the mothers apt or the place the SD was staying?

If they haven't they are incompetent!

By the parents own stories he was abducted from there. The home cordless phone is missing and there was a phone call to Mom at work. Stepfather saw him there and 25 minutes later he was gone.

If they have not searched the place that he was last seen and allegedly abducted from, I will scream. That should have been done immediately. An abduction took place there, or a murder took place there. Whether you believe the parents or not, a crime likely occurred there.

Not searching it would mean someone was seriously incompetent in missing children/homicide cases.

WillenFan21
12-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Levi Page just posted on Facebook the body is not Jonathon so now we have another dead child who we have no idea who it is. Sounds to me like there could quite possibly be a predator out there.

UPDATE 3: Fortbendnow.com is reporting that the remains found in the ditch, are the remains of a child, that was 3-feet-tall. Foster was 5-feet-tall. So it looks like the remains found in the ditch are NOT Jonathan Foster.

http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2010/12/urgent-12-year-old-jonathon-foster.html

and

http://www.facebook.com/levi.page

Nandee63
12-28-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm local to the Houston area.

Just listened to the news and they said they have retrieved "significant" surveillance video from a nearby business in close proximity to the location the burned body was found. The HPD spokesperson would not elaborate, but said the police are already "reacting" to this information.

I'm looking for a link on the station's website. Nothing so far. I was listening to KHOU, our local CBS station. Switched to KPRC and KTRK and missed their reporting of the story.

jen&jonhart
12-28-2010, 07:11 PM
:banghead:
Levi Page just posted on Facebook the body is not Jonathon so now we have another dead child who we have no idea who it is. Sounds to me like there could quite possibly be a predator out there.

UPDATE 3: Fortbendnow.com is reporting that the remains found in the ditch, are the remains of a child, that was 3-feet-tall. Foster was 5-feet-tall. So it looks like the remains found in the ditch are NOT Jonathan Foster.

http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2010/12/urgent-12-year-old-jonathon-foster.html

and

Ok after reading that blog I am even more confussed. His bio dad lived there too???? I give up.

Kelly Faraday
I really think the burned body will turn out to be Jonathan. I hate to say that but I do. I know we are hearing reports the body is much smaller, etc. but I think it will end up that way. Whoever left the body there wanted it to be found. Why burn someone's body then transport to such an open location? (what a horrible thing to have to discuss).

Now they are saying he went from his house to the sitter's house, not vice versa. So even that has changed. Nothing makes sense. I have wondered why they specifically mention his shoes being missing. I may have missed the answer to that but does anyone know? That has seemed strange to me from the beginning.

Doubtful, but I also wonder if the woman found could turn out to be the woman with the "raspy voice". Probably no connection but nothing surprises me anymore.

Kelly

P.S. When I said I hope the body isn't Jonathan's I didn't mean to wish such horror on another child. It's a no win situation. :-(

mysticrose
Could someone please point me to the thread where the little (4year old) child Jaiden ? Is missing in Houston....

Tia...

Elphaba
Burning changes a body... not one soul can sit back say that it isn't him, based on the body found, until the ME says it.

nobodyspecial
12-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Jonathan was the top news story tonight, followed by the dead infant in the dumpster. Nothing new reported. Grandma looks crushed and mom looks like she has substance issues. JMO

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 07:12 PM

and

from Levi's blog

"Foster had been staying with a babysitter at his fathers home, he left to get video games from the apartment complex where his mother and stepfather lived."

WHAT????

I still believe the remains found are this child's for the reason I've stated above.

nobodyspecial
12-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Just listened to the news and they said they have retrieved "significant" surveillance video from a nearby business in close proximity to the location the burned body was found. The HPD spokesperson would not elaborate, but said the police are already "reacting" to this information.

I'm looking for a link on the station's website. Nothing so far. I was listening to KHOU, our local CBS station. Switched to KPRC and KTRK and missed their reporting of the story.

I had KRIV and it was more of the same

Linda7NJ

Please keep us posted! mY GUESS the car that was towed was spotted there

Hart

and

No offense but I certainly don't take that source as fact. I'm sure the facts will come out shortly, hope sooner than later!

Ransom
12-28-2010, 07:16 PM

and

Snort and OMG.... sitting on my hands, sitting on my hands. :innocent:

cluciano63
12-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Levi is not always right, no offense...I think he is wrong this time...

salvarenga

and

I took Levi's post to mean that was his own PERSONAL opionion. Not that it was a fact.

Texas Mist
Could someone please point me to the thread where the little (4year old) child Jaiden ? Is missing in Houston....

Tia...

here ya go

TX TX - Jaiden Marin, 4, Houston, 21-Dec-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Linda7NJ
Levi is not always right, no offense...I think he is wrong this time...

Ditto..

Kimmer
12-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Levi, I say this with love, can you give a girl a link or a source of your latest info on this case, cause I aint buying it.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Levi, I say this with love, can you give a girl a link or a source of your latest info on this case, cause I aint buying it.
he did Fortbendnow.com (http://fortbendnow.com/)

imawitch
12-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I heard the word pest also. These are country people and don't seem to be well educated. I didn't take it in a bad way..."he's curious, he's a pest". Maybe it's just me but I think it's just a poor choice of words considering how much stress she is under (whether it's because she is missing a child or because she is trying to hide something).

As far as the crime rate in Houston in goes...I'm a local and I don't think other's understand how BIG Houston is. Besides being the 4th largest city in the county it is also sprawling. I can drive for an hour on I-10, straight, and still be driving in Houston. Harris County (Houston) has more people than the ENTIRE state of Oregon which ranks 27th in population. Houston has some lovely, safe areas and some scary areas too. Just don't judge our city on the number of bodies found today. This is not normal!

Im a local to htown myself,,houston is very big, mo

eta, hi everybody, i dont post much, mostly lurk, but i wanna thank everyone for all the news, the links, etc..

Kimmer
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Well that link says LE is trying to determine if burn remains are Johnathan so WTH, and then to say that the babysitter was at the bio dads house, that just aint sounding right at all..

jadejazzkayla
12-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Jonathan was the top news story tonight, followed by the dead infant in the dumpster. Nothing new reported. Grandma looks crushed and mom looks like she has substance issues. JMO

was there any report on the body with the reddish blonde hair who was found floating in buffalo bayou at tony marron park? have they identified a gender or approximate age? if there was a report. thanks.

cloudajo
Below just for reference.

The boy lives with his mother at the complex. His stepfather also lives in the complex at a nearby unit.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7355330.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7355330.html)
Starting at about 1:25:

Reporter: "Davis says on Christmas Eve in the afternoon, Jonathan was at a babysitter's house, just a few doors down from where they live, but he ran home to grab a video game."

Angela Davis (Jonathan's mother): "He was supposed to run home and go get it, and go back to the babysitter's, and apparently he never made it."

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html (http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html)
His mother says when she came home there were no signs of a struggle and nothing was missing except her little boy.

[snipped]

Jonathan hasn't been seen since Friday afternoon. He had run home from a babysitter's house. He was home playing video games when his stepfather says he stopped in, but Jonathan was gone just 25 minutes later when his mother came home from work.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok)

Linda7NJ
Well that link says LE is trying to determine if burn remains are Johnathan so WTH, and then to say that the babysitter was at the bio dads house, that just aint sounding right at all..

I'm right there with ya and feeling the same way Kimmer!

salvarenga

Well.....if that's his source then he misread the article b/c it clearly does not say that it is not Jonathan. It clearly states that they are still trying to determine if it's him.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 07:25 PM

:censored: :banghead:

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 07:25 PM
It is really odd that we don't have the SD's name...............well not odd, to me it says they are looking at him, but KWIM???

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Lots of misinformation in that article, from what I know personally bio dad is mia and has been from the beginning - i think they meant the stepdad but said father instead

Patty G
I don't think "FortBendNow" falls under MSM! IMO ...

Kimmer
Please Please Houston LE have a presser and put and end to the maddness of all these stories

Elphaba
12-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I look at it this way: the body belongs to someone and some family is going to be grieving long and hard once ID is made. As well... the body represents a crime... a horrible crime of some sort, be it murder or desecration. It's heartbreaking...

sarx
It is so hard to know if the 3 ft. comment is even an accurate number, so I am just going to wait for the ME to come out with more info.

Patty G

:waitasec: The babysitter was at the bio dad's house???? :confused:

A_News_Junkie

That link is a stretch, IMHO to his conclusion. Also the MSM article says ABOUT 3ft. That could have been a responding officers guess - no indication that is coming from ME or an actual measurement from examination with tools. KWIM?

edit - SARX was in my head and types faster!

Kimmer
12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
It is really odd that we don't have the SD's name...............well not odd, to me it says they are looking at him, but KWIM???

His name is David Davis.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Oftentimes the media play it fast and loose just to have something to report!

Amster

Isn't his name David Davis?

Kimmer
from Levi's blog

"Foster had been staying with a babysitter at his fathers home, he left to get video games from the apartment complex where his mother and stepfather lived."

WHAT????

I still believe the remains found are this child's for the reason I've stated above.

Patti, look at post above

Linda7NJ
and what's the BABYSITTERS name?

let me guess...Zenida?

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 07:30 PM
His name is David Davis.

Oy..................ty.

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 07:30 PM
It's been reported that Jonathan is between 4'8" and 5' tall. The child's body found was estimated at 3' tall by seasoned homicide investigators. That's a really significant difference, even given any changes caused by being burned. It just doesn't seem like a body would shrink 20 inches. If a burned body was found and was 5 feet tall you wouldn't expect anyone to say "well, it must be a person who was really 6 foot 8".

salvarenga
12-28-2010, 07:33 PM

From this video: http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html

http://i55.tinypic.com/1fz121.jpg

Cubby
12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Below just for reference.

The boy lives with his mother at the complex. His stepfather also lives in the complex at a nearby unit.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7355330.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7355330.html)
Starting at about 1:25:

Reporter: "Davis says on Christmas Eve in the afternoon, Jonathan was at a babysitter's house, just a few doors down from where they live, but he ran home to grab a video game."

Angela Davis (Jonathan's mother): "He was supposed to run home and go get it, and go back to the babysitter's, and apparently he never made it."

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html (http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html)
His mother says when she came home there were no signs of a struggle and nothing was missing except her little boy.

[snipped]

Jonathan hasn't been seen since Friday afternoon. He had run home from a babysitter's house. He was home playing video games when his stepfather says he stopped in, but Jonathan was gone just 25 minutes later when his mother came home from work.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok)

Not caught up reading but why would mom call the SD a babysitter? It really sounds like she is covering up for him, or was giving facts as told by SD and not what she knew...... at least based on the time that info was reported.

Also, if mom arrived home so quickly from work where did SD go during that time? The apartment complex looks like the neighbors are almost on top of each other..... I'm curious to hear what the neighbors saw or heard. Surely someone was home Christmas eve afternoon.

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks Guys, What can I say........I missed it, lol. Cut me some slack, I'm living on nyquil and vicks vapor rub.........eh.

peeples
12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know where the mom worked, not because I'm trying to get all personal details on her, just trying to figure out the timeline with the 25 minutes frm the time the step dad saw him till the time the mom got home and found him gone... did she leave work directly after she got the second phone call?? Did she hang out at work trying to call bio dad, step dad, sitter etc?? Did she try calling these people as she was high tailing it home, does she work exactly 25 minutes form the house he was last seen at???

joeskidbeck
12-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the photo of the sd, salvarenga. Does anyone else think the look on his face is similar to the look on TH's face in the first pressor after Kyron's disappearance?

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 07:37 PM
That link is a stretch, IMHO to his conclusion. Also the MSM article says ABOUT 3ft. That could have been a responding officers guess - no indication that is coming from ME or an actual measurement from examination with tools. KWIM?

edit - SARX was in my head and types faster!

You're right. The estimated 3 ft. tall was from the homicide investigator on the scene. There was an HPD press conference today that I haven't been able to find online. Snippets were shown on our local news shows here in Houston.

mysticrose
12-28-2010, 07:40 PM
I hope the body found burned isn't this little guy either:

TX TX - Jaiden Marin, 4, Houston, 21-Dec-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I just wish there was NO burned body :( What the he77 is wrong with people.....

A_News_Junkie
Thanks Guys, What can I say........I missed it, lol. Cut me some slack, I'm living on nyquil and vicks vapor rub.........eh.

You totally get slack from me. Usually you are sharp enough to cut steak! Hope you feel better!

Oh and welcome to all the newbies and LovingMom - your sensibility will make you fit in really well here at WS - already has!

salvarenga
From this article: http://www.click2houston.com/news/26299702/detail.html

"Investigators said the body was so badly burned that they cannot determine if it was a boy or a girl. There were no clothes on the body, and they may have also been burned, officials said."

gumshoemamma
Just saw this article, not sure if it has been posted yet. It says the area where the body was found is about 5 miles from where he went missing and also says that the car they towed was registered to sd.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868001

ETA: it makes me curious that TM says they are now looking for burned areas. IMO, if they didn't think this was Jonathan would they really stop looking for someone who could be alive still, to try to find where someone else was killed? Not that either is less important than the other, I just think back to other cases that I have seen them handle it in that manner.

jstwondering
12-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the photo of the sd, salvarenga. Does anyone else think the look on his face is similar to the look on TH's face in the first pressor after Kyron's disappearance?

Well, I can certainly see why it would bring TH to mind, as remember when she was rocking and touching and fussing all over Kyron's biomom? This guy is touching and rocking all over this biomom.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 07:43 PM
from Levi's blog

WHAT????

:waitasec: From Levi's blog:
UPDATE 2: MyFoxHouston is reporting that both of Jonathan's parents have been taken into custody by police and are being questioned. MyFoxHouston is also reporting that their car was towed. It is not clear yet, whether it was the biological parents, or the mother and stepfather.

From MyFox Houston:The missing boy's parents were also driven away by HPD detectives in separate units just after the Mercedes was towed. There was no indication the parents were taken into custody.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101227-parents-questioned-over-12-year-olds-disappearance#

Just adds to the confusion. :crazy:

AnnieOakley
12-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry this post is so long....

I think I was able to accurately transcribe the actual comments we have by Mom and SD that have been recorded on video (not just interpreted or reported by MSM)... If I've gotten something wrong, please correct me! (Also, I just clipped a couple of comments that have already been quoted directly and looked at extensively for reference of where they fit with the other comments, but didn't bother with the whole word-for-word on those)

Statements are Mom unless otherwise noted:

“(I’m so sad) that somebody’s hurting him”
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...6784&status=ok (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok)

“I come home, I unlock the door, I’m looking around, “johnathan, johnathan”. Nowhere to be found”
“There was no struggle in the house, nothing was messed up, so that leads me to think it was someone who says, well I know you’re momma, it’s ok you can come with me- or it’s somebody who knew him”
SD: “Somebody’s got him, and we just want ‘em to let him go” (Mom overlaps with “I’ve got people”)
(Also includes mom’s statement about being a curious little boy, he’s the best/pest, I mean, he’s a wonderful baby)
SD” We don’t know who’s got him, we just want ‘em to let him go- and (so?) he can get home. His presents are still waiting for him, you know, he was all excited for Christmas, but. I don’t know”
(SD’s comment about whoever has him doesn’t have to worry about going to court b/c if I find him first…)

http://www.39online.com/news/local/k...+Local+News%29 (http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-amber-alert-foster-story,0,3658934.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Kiah-LocalNews+%28KIAH+-+Local+News%29)

“I got two phone calls at work. My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady (SD tells her something here- perhaps the comment not to tell too much?) and by the time I got to the phone, they hung up.
http://www.click2houston.com/video/26297603/index.html

“He was supposed to run home and get it and go back to the babysitters, and apparently he never made it”
http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html

Interview with Gma:
“My daughter was at work. He called at her job. He said it was an emergency, And then when she got to the phone, no one was there.” (Reporter: “She says the mysterious call came in just before 2 in the afternoon, a few minutes after the boy’s stepdad reportedly saw Foster at his home”)

http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=110896

Just a best effort, no guarantees of accuracy

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 07:44 PM
It's been reported that Jonathan is between 4'8" and 5' tall. The child's body found was estimated at 3' tall by seasoned homicide investigators. That's a really significant difference, even given any changes caused by being burned. It just doesn't seem like a body would shrink 20 inches. If a burned body was found and was 5 feet tall you wouldn't expect anyone to say "well, it must be a person who was really 6 foot 8".

Sorry, I would bet my last dollar the vast majority of seasoned homicide investigators haven't personally seen the charred remains of a 12 year old little boy.

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh and welcome to all the newbies and LovingMom - your sensibility will make you fit in really well here at WS - already has![/QUOTE]

Don't know how much I am able to help but thanks anyway...I am half out of my mind with worry right now. Being a mom myself I have always felt extreme compassion for anyone whose child goes missing or is the victim of a tragedy. Never in a million years did I think something like this would hit so close to home. Wish I could do more than worry and pray but knowing that so many people are doing the same as well as passing on info does give me strength.

Levi
12-28-2010, 07:47 PM
:banghead:

Ok after reading that blog I am even more confussed. His bio dad lived there too???? I give up.

The Bio Dad lives near the apartment complex, in walking distance. It has been reported in the local media, that Jonathan would often go back and forth.

From what I'm understanding Jonathan, was at his fathers home, but a babysitter was watching him and he went to his mom/step dad's home to get a video game, but never came back.

His mother saw him at 1:45 PM come to get a video game, she never laid eyes on him again. Shortly after she got a mysterious telephone call from a woman with a rapsy voice.

That is all according to her VERSION of events.

salvarenga
12-28-2010, 07:49 PM
UPDATE 2: MyFoxHouston is reporting that both of Jonathan's parents have been taken into custody by police and are being questioned. MyFoxHouston is also reporting that their car was towed. It is not clear yet, whether it was the biological parents, or the mother and stepfather.

From MyFox Houston:The missing boy's parents were also driven away by HPD detectives in separate units just after the Mercedes was towed. There was no indication the parents were taken into custody.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101227-parents-questioned-over-12-year-olds-disappearance#

From here: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868001

Regarding the car:

Tuesday was another agonizing day for Jonathan's family. Mary Gifford, Jonathan's maternal grandmother, sat down with us only seconds before she received a call. GIfford wouldn't say who called, but she left immediately.

A few minutes later, we saw Gifford with her daughter, Angela Davis, at Davis' apartment off North Shepherd. This is where Davis lvied with her son, Jonathan, and his stepfather, David Davis. Houston police towed a Mercedes we found registered to a David Davis. However, neither the family nor police would say to whom the car belongs.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Patti, look at post above

I did and read more and it gets more confusing.

OneLove
12-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I really really am sad to post this here and hope there is NO RELEVANCE to this case. Awhile back, Mizizzy posted a satanic ritual calendar so people could be aware of missing person corelations to satanic ritual days. You can google and get lots and lots of information. I think it is wise to do so; it was certainly eye-opening for me!
December 24 is one of the highest ritual days, called Demon Revels/Da Meur, also High Grand Climax, Great Sabbat and FIRE FESTIVAL, all involving human sacrifice. Please, please, let this not be the case here, but I can't help but wonder, especially with the other bodies being found.

Does anyone know if the mother or stepdad had any prior involvement with satanic worship? Any close neighbors?

mysticrose
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Here , Let me add to our confusion :crazy:

Search For Missing Houston 12-Year-Old Grows
Amber Alert Issued For Jonathan Foster

POSTED: Tuesday, December 28, 2010
UPDATED: 5:04 pm CST December 28, 2010

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jonathan's mother said he was home alone while she was at work.

"Sometime between 1:45 and 2:10 p.m., the mother receives a phone call, makes a phone call, and speaks to what she believes is a female with a gruff voice and hears her son's voice in the background," Detective Fil Waters said. "The phone is suddenly hung up."

"I got two phone calls at work," mother Angela Davis said. "My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency, and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady, and by the time I got to the phone they hung up."

Davis spent several hours Tuesday speaking with detectives, and at one point they put her in a police car and drove away. A few minutes after that, Davis' husband and Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, was put in another police car and driven away. Detectives said that is standard procedure when a child is missing.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26303589/detail.html

Wondergirl
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Jonathan's mother said he was home alone while she was at work.

"Sometime between 1:45 and 2:10 p.m., the mother receives a phone call, makes a phone call, and speaks to what she believes is a female with a gruff voice and hears her son's voice in the background," Detective Fil Waters said. "The phone is suddenly hung up."

"I got two phone calls at work," mother Angela Davis said. "My job told me that my son called one time saying it was an emergency, and I never got that call. The second time I got a phone call from my boss. She said that it was a lady, and by the time I got to the phone they hung up."

Davis spent several hours Tuesday speaking with detectives, and at one point they put her in a police car and drove away. A few minutes after that, Davis' husband and Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, was put in another police car and driven away.

Detectives said that is standard procedure when a child is missing.

David Davis' car was also towed, but police have not said why.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26298521/detail.html

Patty G
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
From here: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7868001

Regarding the car:

Tuesday was another agonizing day for Jonathan's family. Mary Gifford, Jonathan's maternal grandmother, sat down with us only seconds before she received a call. GIfford wouldn't say who called, but she left immediately.

A few minutes later, we saw Gifford with her daughter, Angela Davis, at Davis' apartment off North Shepherd. This is where Davis lvied with her son, Jonathan, and his stepfather, David Davis. Houston police towed a Mercedes we found registered to a David Davis. However, neither the family nor police would say to whom the car belongs.

I was leaning more on "taken into custody" and the MyFoxHouston article indicates "no indication they were taken into custody." That part is confusing to me.

A_News_Junkie
12-28-2010, 07:53 PM
The Bio Dad lives near the apartment complex, in walking distance. It has been reported in the local media, that Jonathan would often go back and forth.

From what I'm understanding Jonathan, was at his fathers home, but a babysitter was watching him and he went to his mom/step dad's home to get a video game, but never came back.

His mother saw him at 1:45 PM come to get a video game, she never laid eyes on him again. Shortly after she got a mysterious telephone call from a woman with a rapsy voice.

You must have different sources than I have seen here at WS since post 1. :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

nobodyspecial
12-28-2010, 07:54 PM
was there any report on the body with the reddish blonde hair who was found floating in buffalo bayou at tony marron park? have they identified a gender or approximate age? if there was a report. thanks.

It wasn't mentioned on kriv in the first half hour. It's top headline on the Houston Chronicle website. Chron.com

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I was leaning more on "taken into custody" and the MyFoxHouston article indicates "no indication they were taken into custody." That part is confusing to me.

They were taken to be interviewed......separately, locking them into a time line and their statements. Apparently, neither had lawyered up yet so they are called "cooperating"

jadejazzkayla
snipped from link:

Equusearch founder Tim Miller said this afternoon that volunteers are going back out today to look for areas that might have been burned. Sources say volunteers later found what was described as a burn site in the 9500 block of Bauman near Tidwell. The site is about 1 mile from where the child's body was found this morning.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

peeples
So the mother was never at work, but was at home the whole time???? I thought drove home from work??? Where does it say she received calls at home and kid was with a sitter at Bio dads house??

jstwondering

With all due respect, here is where I am confused. Maybe you can help me.

I have also read the 1:45 mother sighting, but does this mean that the boy went to her place of work? Because the "mysterious" calls started coming in at this time to her place of work, as she said her "job" told her, and her "boss" told her, of two different calls.

And I have not found confirmation that the babysitter was at the bio-father's house. Can you remind me where that is again?

Thanks. This is just one very confusing case, and when I think I have my suspicions straight from what is being reported, it all gets mixed up again.

Amster
12-28-2010, 07:56 PM

:getwell:

Nyquil...yummy! lol

Patty G
12-28-2010, 07:56 PM
They were taken to be interviewed......separately, locking them into a time line and their statements. Apparently, neither had lawyered up yet so they are called "cooperating"

Yup, interviewed for sure, however, not taken into custody.

salvarenga
12-28-2010, 07:57 PM

It's all just about as clear as mud, right?

Hart
12-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry, I would bet my last dollar the vast majority of seasoned homicide investigates haven't personally seen the charred remains of a 12 year old little boy.

Seasoned investigator or not, I am pretty sure that when they come upon a scene with "charred remains" the most they would be allowed to do would be to photograph and measure remains as they lay without touching or moving them as that's the ME's job, right? So, in that case the remains could have been about 3ft worth how they lay and maybe not the full legnth of the body. Maybe.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 07:58 PM

:waitasec: How can the mother have seen Jonathan get a video at 1:45 PM when she was at work?

Lera213
12-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I just woke up, got the tube on set to hear NG and see if Glenn is on. What new news came out please someone help, I'm caught up until this new thread.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I just woke up, got the tube on set to hear NG and see if Glenn is on. What new news came out please someone help, I'm caught up until this new thread.

I will be recording the show and upload it to my YouTube channel.

WillenFan21
12-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Some of you seem to be new but just so you know Levi is legit!! He is friends with Tricia and she's even been on his show many times before. He does have sources!

Elphaba
I've always viewed "taken into custody" as being arrested... and there is no indication that someone has been arrested, yet.

Patty G
Has anything been stated in MSM that the bio-dad lives close by where Jonathan lives?

Lera213
12-28-2010, 08:02 PM
My father died in a fire and all I can tell you is that the body's height will be way off because of the fire.

LovingMom
The aunt also said that J's bio-father decided that he didn't want anything to do with J when he was 6 years old, and hasn't seen him since.

That is what I have been told by his family which is why Levi's article is confusing to me.

Kimster
There is some movement in the Scanner Forum: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please keep discussions about the scanner in the private members area. :tyou:

LadyLuck
I have not read any news report that his bio father lived near and that J stayed with him, Levi, would you post the link where you saw that? Thanks.

The media gets a lot of information wrong.

peeples
12-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Has anything been stated in MSM that the bio-dad lives close by where Jonathan lives?

I first saw it stated on the last thread and i believe it was either MSM or a comment on a MSM page.

Patty G
:censored: :confused: :banghead:

AnnieOakley
Timeline from sources cited so far:

1:15 - Leaves babysitter's house to go home and get video game

1:45 - SD comes over and sees him at his house playing video game

1:45-2:00 Someone calls mom's work and hangs up before mom talks to them

{Sometime after phone call #1 there is allegedly a second call?)

2:15 - Mom arrives home- no J, nothing else amiss.

9:30 -- Mom reports him missing

Please feel free to correct and/or add!

IMO- Mom must work awfully close to their apt in order for her to miss/get two phone calls and rush home by 2:15. :twocents:

Linda7NJ
Some of you seem to be new but just so you know Levi is legit!! He is friends with Tricia and she's even been on his show many times before. He does have sources!

I love me some Levi. But this time IMO he's wrong. He named his source, I am not impressed. We know what his mother said, we heard it. It's linked here repeatedly.

asiapyn
12-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know anything about the "babysitter"?
I suppose its possible that J may have seen/heard something going on between the step-father and the babysitter...Something that he would definitely tell his mother about. Something that the step-father and/or the babysitter wouldn't want him to tell his mother.
That could explain the fishy and confusing accounts of when J was last seen, by whom, where, and what he as doing....
I don't recall seeing any interviews with the sitter?

Also - its possible that J may have seen/heard someone visiting the step-father's or babysitter's apartment to sell them some drugs....Jonathan is old enough to know that, and repeat it.
He may have attempted to call his mother (as she may have instructed him to do) if he saw anything sketchy...especially if she was, perhaps, cleaning herself up and didn't want that crap in her apartment.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I first saw it stated on the last thread and i believe it was either MSM or a comment on a MSM page.

Thank you.

I will try and find a LINK as I don't normally go by comments on a MSM page. If anyone has a link, would you kindly post it as I MUST of missed that article today. Thanks in advance.

Lera213
12-28-2010, 08:07 PM
There is some movement in the Scanner Forum: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5939704#post5939704)

Please keep discussions about the scanner in the private members area. :tyou:

Thank you, not sure I'm on the correct channel though

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you.

I will try and find a LINK as I don't normally go by comments on a MSM page. If anyone has a link, would you kindly post it as I MUST of missed that article today. Thanks in advance.

I posted it earlier today. It was a MSM website. Give me a minute and I'll find it. I think they meant stepfather though and not father, but the article does say father.

Wondergirl
12-28-2010, 08:12 PM
"There's no doubt in my mind that he's been snatched," said David Davis, Jonathan's stepfather.

Sgt. Brian Harris with the HPD Homicide Division said, "We believe foul play may be involved."

Houston police are treating the case as a possible kidnapping, also interviewing family members and trying to track down a mysterious phone call Jonathan's mother says she received at work shortly before her son went missing.

"I said, 'This is Angela. Is my son there?' And she said, 'Is your mama named Angela?' And he said yes and the phone went dead," she recalled.

On Monday Texas Equusearch joined the search as Jonathan's family passed out fliers. They don't think the boy they describe as naive would run away, especially on Christmas Eve knowing he was getting a new video game system.

David Davis said, "Whatever it is, it's bad."

"Don't hurt him. Don't hurt my baby," pleaded Angela Davis.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784

A_News_Junkie
12-28-2010, 08:12 PM

Not that I have seen.

Linda7NJ
12-28-2010, 08:13 PM
I gotta hop off here for awhile, regroup, hug my kid and spend some time with him. These cases are just so DRAINING! Prayers to all those that care for this little boy.

peeples
12-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Timeline from sources cited so far:

1:15 - Leaves babysitter's house to go home and get video game

1:45 - SD comes over and sees him at his house playing video game

1:45-2:00 Someone calls mom's work and hangs up before mom talks to them

{Sometime after phone call #1 there is allegedly a second call?)

2:15 - Mom arrives home- no J, nothing else amiss.

9:30 -- Mom reports him missing

Please feel free to correct and/or add!

IMO- Mom must work awfully close to their apt in order for her to miss/get two phone calls and rush home by 2:15. :twocents:

I saw an interview where mom said 25 minutes later he was gone (pretty sure anyway i read a lot and looked at a lot today).. so there is a 10 minute discrepency...

ACk nevermind, sorry I was reading it wrong

cloudajo
12-28-2010, 08:14 PM

This one article does. It differentiates between "stepfather" and "father." But I don't know if it is correct or not. There seem to be a number of discrepancies as we know.

[snipped]

The boy lives with his mother at the complex. His stepfather also lives in the complex at a nearby unit. His father and other relatives live within walking distance and he would often spend time at their homes, Harris said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7355330.html

LaWanda
12-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Thank you, not sure I'm on the correct channel though

Post #20 / #23 in the scanner chatter thread has two links to the right areas. HTH

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Thank you.

Here it is:

The boy lives with his mother at the complex. His stepfather also lives in the complex at a nearby unit. His father and other relatives live within walking distance and he would often spend time at their homes, Harris said.

Levi
12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I have not read any news report that his bio father lived near and that J stayed with him, Levi, would you post the link where you saw that? Thanks.

The media gets a lot of information wrong.

"Sgt. Stuart Harris said that the boy's father and other relatives live within walking distance of the complex and he would often visit them. Harris said relatives have been cooperative with investigators. He said Child Protective Services has no history of the boy..."

FROM FOX NEWS: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/28/amber-alert-issued-missing-texas-boy/

peeples
12-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Grandmother also lives in same town although someone said an hour away, which is why i've questioned the need for the child to have a babysitter.....

Texas Mist
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you.

FWIW

Starry Night
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
DD looks to have an IQ of about 68.....and sociopathic seeming as well. Sigh.

Levi
12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I think what was confusing, is that I had reported the babysitter was watching the child AT THE BIO FATHERS HOUSE, and that may not be true.

But it has been reported that the father lived near by the apartment complex, one of the investigators was quoted as saying that.

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 08:20 PM
So mom, step dad, dad, and other relatives all live close together. Interesting.

strawberry
12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not up on all the details of this situation but I wonder if phone records show the mom did not get the call(s) she claimed she did? A la Caylee calling CMA the day she was caught?

peeples
12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
So mom, step dad, dad, and other relatives all live close together. Interesting.

Except for grandma, last thread said she's about a 1 hr drive away.

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 08:22 PM
I think what was confusing, is that I had reported the babysitter was watching the child AT THE BIO FATHERS HOUSE, and that may not be true.

But it has been reported that the father lived near by the apartment complex, one of the investigators was quoted as saying that.

I am close friends with the family - If that is true, it's news to me as I was always told the bio father was completely OUT OF THE PICTURE. Maybe the investigator was speaking of the stepfather, he & the mom are separated but living close by each other.

Patty G
12-28-2010, 08:23 PM
I am beginning to think that "bio dad" mentioned in the articles is actually the "step-father". JMO

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Except for grandma, last thread said she's about a 1 hr drive away.

And the friend of the family had been led to believe that the bio dad was MIA? Hinky................Well, maybe msn has it wrong. Maybe it is the sd not the real dad, but really, it should not be that dang hard to get right.

Levi
12-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I am beginning to think that "bio dad" mentioned in the articles is actually the "step-father". JMO

I don't.

He lives in the apartments complex with his mother/step dad. AND Sgt. Stuart Harris said the father lives nearby the complex.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/28/amber-alert-issued-missing-texas-boy/

A_News_Junkie
12-28-2010, 08:27 PM

Levi - your first paragraph, I think you were wrong there.

Second paragraph - I think you might have relied on an article that was a misstatement. The SD might live there, but bio father I don't think so. I think that was an error of sloppy reporting as they were the only ones who said that. If I am wrong then :croc: you can do that to me!

asiapyn
IMO - its sketchy that the mother and step-father would keep TWO separate apartments. They clearly aren't rollin' in the dough, so why would they choose to pay TWO rents??
Only reason I can think of is that they used one of the apartments (probably the step-father's) to engage in activities that they wouldn't want J to know about....so....drug use.
If that's the case, they could leave J at home at Mom's place (he was def old enough at 12 yrs old) - and head over there to hook up with people to buy/sell/indulge in drugs as much as they wanted to without him ever seeing it and therefore ratting them out.
I'll bet he showed up over at step-dad's unannounced.

BOZGAL
Why has the bio-father not spoken about his son?
I have not seen him on any videos. :waitasec:

I am so sick and tired of these crimes against children with all the hink and stink involved.

JMHO

tehcloser
Has it been said in MSN that they were separated?

belimom
Seems like the babysitter is real after all:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

Parents, baby sitter questioned in 12-year-old boy’s disappearance

Patty G

Levi,

Could you help me understand the above "bolded" comments please.

Lera213
12-28-2010, 08:30 PM
in the earlier video's a reporter was standing in front of a duplex cop cars were in the driveway in the back of unit. I had asked way back in thread 1 who lived at that duplex because my understanding was the mom lived in the apartment building and not the duplex. Was it the babysitter's or who? Now I'm thinking that duplex might be the bio dad's residence?

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Has it been said in MSN that they were separated?

No, only that they live in separate units in the same apartment complex.

jstwondering
This one article does. It differentiates between "stepfather" and "father." But I don't know if it is correct or not. There seem to be a number of discrepancies as we know.

[snipped]

Thanks for this, as you seem to be mathematical like me, and want to get things to make sense on paper. I have enjoyed your posts, as they do for me what I tend to do for myself.
The problem is that statements from the mother herself seem to contradict each other. Add in MSM, and comments by close friends & relatives, I have a few big conflicts.
Does biodad have a relationship with little boy or not? MSM media says yes, Aunt says no.
Does babysitter really exist? Is it mom's way to cover up for step-dad, was he home alone, was babysitter at bio-dad's house?

I ask this because I have read both threads and keep reverting back to my old geometry class. If we don't have any "givens" we can't make any conclusions. and the givens are becoming few and far between...

peeples
Seems like the babysitter is real after all:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

Is this an updated descrption??
The child has short red hair and an overbite. He was last seen wearing a tan shirt, blue jeans, a gray hoodie and white sneakers with a red stripe. He stands 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds.

They also said he has RED hair, it looks blonde in all the pics

Brattigirle

This isn't about the bio dad?
An ex-husband of Angela Davis and his family arrived in Houston from Georgetown today to help in the search.

Gifford called the Kendalls on Christmas Day, saying Jonathan was missing, Kendall said. When they arrived today, they did not know that a body had been discovered.

"We were shocked," Kendall said.

Jonathan and his sister speak twice weekly by phone, Kendall said. The family last saw the boy earlier this month, when Gifford brought him to D’s birthday party.

cluciano63
12-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Didn't I just read somewhere that the bio-father has been out of his life since he was six?

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 08:32 PM
No, only that they live in separate units in the same apartment complex.

Well, that's close enough. :floorlaugh: TY.

LovingMom
12-28-2010, 08:33 PM
An ex-husband of Angela Davis and his family arrived in Houston from Georgetown today to help in the search.

Thomas Kendall was married to Angela Davis and they had a daughter, D, who is now 10.

Gifford called the Kendalls on Christmas Day, saying Jonathan was missing, Kendall said. When they arrived today, they did not know that a body had been discovered.

Jonathan and D speak twice weekly by phone, Kendall said. The family last saw the boy earlier this month, when Gifford brought him to D’s birthday party.

Not Jonathan's bio-dad, different ex-husband.

looneymama
12-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Thomas Kendall was married to Angela Davis and they had a daughter, D, who is now 10.

Jonathan and D speak twice weekly by phone, Kendall said. The family last saw the boy earlier this month, when Gifford brought him to D’s birthday party.

I think that is the father of Jonathan's sister. Same mom, different dads

Lera213
12-28-2010, 08:35 PM

My gosh, it is getting very difficult to sort through all the story's!

Invisible
12-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Grandmother talks about Jonathan calling his mother at work (saying it was an emergency). She said the call came in just before 2:00 in the afternoon, a few minutes after the boy’s stepdad reportedly saw Foster at his home.

So if the call really happened and he was in trouble at that time, it means within ~15 min after DD left Jonathan, Jonathan was kidnapped. Small window.

http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=110896 (http://weareaustin.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=110896)

I think JF walked into the apartment and found SD there and he probably wasn't supposed to be there, so JF called his mom at work.

A_News_Junkie
12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Heads up - lets help the mods and edit the minor childs name out of the quotes.

For those new - you can only use initials for minor children if they have been named in MSM here.

Invisible
12-28-2010, 08:37 PM

My theory:

I think JF walked into the apartment and found SD there and he probably wasn't supposed to be there, so JF called his mom at work. SD probably then became enraged.

tehcloser
Do we know how many children she has?

SuziQ
Who was the last independent person to see this child? I think he may have been gone awhile and family and friends were expecting to see this child on Christmas. Mom and Stepdad needed a reason for the boy not being around anymore and concocted the kidnapping story. JMO of course!

Starry Night
Well it sounds as if Jonathon had lots of family contact. I would be looking at the newest person in his family life.

nursebeeme

That is all according to her VERSION of events.bbm... levi, are you saying she laid eyes on him at this time? at 1345 that day he went missing?

belimom
12-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Is this an updated descrption??
The child has short red hair and an overbite. He was last seen wearing a tan shirt, blue jeans, a gray hoodie and white sneakers with a red stripe. He stands 5 feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds.

They also said he has RED hair, it looks blonde in all the pics

I noticed that, too...

BOZGAL
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
My gosh, it is getting very difficult to sort through all the story's!

I agree and the trend in solving crimes with these assorted background elements or whatever you want to call them is not very successful.

JMHO

SuziQ
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
OK so now we know family saw him earlier in December. Was Jonathan in school before Christmas break?

peeples
12-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Friend of the family said he was grandmas house right before christmas

Starry Night
Who was the last independent person to see this child? I think he may have been gone awhile and family and friends were expecting to see this child on Christmas. Mom and dad needed a reason for the boy not being around anymore and concocted the kidnapping story. JMO of course!
Yes SuzyQ! It sounds like one of those chaotic family situations where everyone assumes Jonathon is with someone trustworthy and then Boom. Missing. |Everyone running crazy trying to cover their behinds...terrible.

Kimmer
Well it is almost time for NG she is covering this tonight, not sure it this will clear some of the confusion or just add to it, I really hope it help my head is hurting from all the confusion

tfrohning
12-28-2010, 08:42 PM
total confused !!!! so bio dad was in touch with bio dad.

Who is Grandma is she Anglea's mom or bio dad mom?

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, that's close enough. :floorlaugh: TY.

LOL! Yes, you're right, close enough. I've seen too many different marital arrangements in my life though. Keeping separate places doesn't necessarily mean a break-up of the marraige.

Lera213
12-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Well it is almost time for NG she is covering this tonight, not sure it this will clear some of the confusion or just all to it, I really hope it help my head is hurting from all the confusion

I bet the later will happen. LOL

Brattigirle
Heads up - lets help the mods and edit the minor childs name out of the quotes.

For those new - you can only use initials for minor children if they have been named in MSM here.

sry, i was kinda late at getting it out.

asiapyn
If J showed up at Step-Dad's apartment unannounced and caught him (and possibly others) doing something wrong, its possible that J might have tried to call his mother at work to tell her and Step-Dad hung the phone up. Step-Dad may have proceeded to punish J a bit too harshly...There may have been someone else at the apartment, possibly the "woman with the raspy voice" who attempted to call J's mom, knowing that Step-Dad had seriously harmed J. Again, Step-Dad may hung up the phone.
Step-Dad may have forced someone else to get rid of J - he may have threatened that person or had something "on" them as well...drugs etc.

Blue Eyed Chick
Perhaps JF walked in on stepdad and the raspy voiced woman doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Perhaps the stepdad went off trying to cover up whatever should not have been seen, and the raspy voiced woman was left to deal with JF. Perhaps JF grabbed the phone, and called his mom's work.

Perhaps JF said, "May I speak to Angela? It's JF and it's an emergency." Perhaps mom picked up the phone to her the raspy voiced woman say "Is your mama's name Angela?" and that's when she grabbed the phone from JF.

Perhaps it was then that he disappeared, with the help of the stepdad and the raspy voiced woman.

JMO, of course.

Levi
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Levi - your first paragraph, I think you were wrong there.

Second paragraph - I think you might have relied on an article that was a misstatement. The SD might live there, but bio father I don't think so. I think that was an error of sloppy reporting as they were the only ones who said that. If I am wrong then :croc: you can do that to me!

No worries, I won't bite. You could be right, but the quote was attributed to one of the investigators.

nursebeeme
12-28-2010, 08:45 PM

why...
hasn't
the birth father been seen pleading and
why...
haven't we seen him taken in for questioning if he lives so close to ground zero of his vanishing.

more questions.......

SuziQ
12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes SuzyQ! It sounds like one of those chaotic family situations where everyone assumes Jonathon is with someone trustworthy and then Boom. Missing. |Everyone running crazy trying to cover their behinds...terrible.

Exactly. And I'm already getting a Zahra vibe about this case. I could be wrong of course!

jstwondering
12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
total confused !!!! so bio dad was in touch with bio dad.

Who is Grandma is she Anglea's mom or bio dad mom?

biomom's mom, and also mom to glen.

tehcloser
I think "raspy voiced woman" = "bushy haired stranger". JMO........

peeples
Well it is almost time for NG she is covering this tonight, not sure it this will clear some of the confusion or just all to it, I really hope it help my head is hurting from all the confusion

Me too and i've read and listened to so much today it's all running together. MSM facts, comments in the msm comment sections, posts on here...

sherbetjello
There is NO BIO DAD, correct? I mean, there is but he doesn't live near, around, or isn't emotionally there for JF - correct?

Wondergirl
1. Why would the woman with the raspy voice answer the phone at all, if she was in the process of committing a crime?

2. Why would Angela state who she was and ask if her son was there, when she was calling HER HOME, after her son had just called her in a state of emergency? Wouldn't she say "WHO are you?" when the woman answered the phone (and again, WHY would the woman answer the phone?)

3. After 2 strange, mysterious calls, stating emergencies and obviously inciting Angela enough to go home immediately (did she leave in the middle of her shift?), WHY on earth, did she wait 8 HOURS to report her son missing?

The whole things stinks, the mother is obviously not telling the truth, and something has likely happened to a precious little boy, who's birthday wish was to go and be with his mother.

How incredibly sad. :(

Levi
12-28-2010, 08:48 PM
bbm... levi, are you saying she laid eyes on him at this time? at 1345 that day he went missing?

YES, according to this link, which I refrenced:

"The boy's mother told police she last saw him at about 1:45 p.m."

Starry Night
12-28-2010, 08:49 PM
God bless Jonathon.

nursebeeme
12-28-2010, 08:50 PM
as I said in the title.. shoot me if I am wrong friends....

BUT

I could actually see stranger abduction not out of play here. The family situation looks like it reeks to high heaven but let us not forget that this could be the case.

moo

peeples

And that is different then the earlier reports which state SD last saw him at 1:45 (when he came home to pick up game) and mom came home 25 minutes later and found Jonathan gone..

Texas Mist
I sure hope "uncle Glenn" is on NG tonite & straightens out some of the "who's who" in all of this. :: sigh ::

peeples
12-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm not ready to crucify the parents either.. it's just the weird stories.. it's possible it's a combo of stranger abduction and the parents doing something they wouldn't want LE to know about so they tried to re-write things a little bit

tfrohning
12-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Okay so was Anglea married to bio dad?

And the ex show up with his family to help in the search and Angela was married to him and they have a 10 years old together. HMMMM I think I got it !

Who mom is grandma?

Love to know what Angela family felt about the SD?

salvarenga

At the video linked above, which has a live report from the outside where the vigil is taking place, the mom and stepdad are currently at the police station being questioned and "the babysitter" was brought in within the last 30 minutes (so around 5:30pm CST) for questioning as well.

Ransom

Incorrect data from the Houston Chron. It's been corrected by many more sources since that was posted around 3:43 pm CST. IMO

nursebeeme
12-28-2010, 08:53 PM

thanks Levi! So WHEN did she GO TO WORK??? IN TIME ENOUGH TO HEAR THOSE CALLS?

she must be able to leap roads and intersections to be able to take a multiple calls 15 minutes later? but then again we also know that she got several messages.

(((note... I do not yet trust all media sources at their reporting in this case at this time. I think the timeline and facts in this case are muddy to say the LEAST... but I trust you completely Levi... I do!))))))

tehcloser
12-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I for one would love for it to be a "BHS", at least that would be one less child who came to harm by the ones he trusted the most.................

nursebeeme
12-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I for one would love for it to be a "BHS", at least that would be one less child who came to harm by the ones he trusted the most.................
amen ((((((((((teh)))))))))))))

Lera213
12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
LE stated that they didn't put out an amber alert sooner because they didn't get a full story (something like that) I believe LE has had the SD and Mom as their #1 suspect since day one. I believe they put out kidnapped and the raspy voiced woman and info because they have to just in case their theory is wrong. Not only this but it would help them in their investigation to let the suspects believe they are not suspects so they can watch and have their guard down.

I've said all along that the SD, came across in the video's has highly suspicious.

Ransom
I'm not ready to crucify the parents either.. it's just the weird stories.. it's possible it's a combo of stranger abduction and the parents doing something they wouldn't want LE to know about so they tried to re-write things a little bit

Me either. I don't want to crucify anyone other than inept/lame reporters/bloggers who just want to report "lame" carp and need to Ketchup. JMO

nursebeeme

At the video linked above, which has a live report from the outside where the vigil is taking place, the mom and stepdad are currently at the police station being questioned and "the babysitter" was brought in within the last 30 minutes (so around 5:30pm CST) for questioning as well.
there seems to be a babysitter

thanks Sal

gibby207
12-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I sure hope "uncle Glenn" is on NG tonite & straightens out some of the "who's who" in all of this. :: sigh ::

It's prolly going to be Jean again... Hopefully "Uncle Glenn" helps my fuzzy head out as well. I'm more confused than this morning... and that was confusing enough! :waitasec: I'll be watching whilst nipping on the Nyquil as well. :)

Wondergirl
12-28-2010, 08:56 PM
If Jonathan was at the Babysitters, and he had run home to get a game, at what point did the Babysitter realize he was missing, and what did she/he do?

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Incorrect data from the Houston Chron. It's been corrected by many more sources since that was posted around 3:43 pm CST. IMO

I don't trust any of the MSM articles right now. The reporters could be mistaken or spinning things for headlines. I don't trust what comes out the mom's mouth in the interviews. She could be lying or so distraught that she's misspeaking. I want to hear directly from the HPD in a press conference, on camera, unedited.

peeples
12-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Now that would be awesome prudence!

Starry Night
12-28-2010, 09:00 PM
If Jonathan was at the Babysitters, and he had run home to get a game, at what point did the Babysitter realize he was missing, and what did she/he do?
Now my head is spinning. Not reported missing til 9 thirty pm.

Ransom
12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
thanks Levi! So WHEN did she GO TO WORK??? IN TIME ENOUGH TO HEAR THOSE CALLS?

she must be able to leap roads and intersections to be able to take a multiple calls 15 minutes later? but then again we also know that she got several messages.

(((note... I do not yet trust all media sources at their reporting in this case at this time. I think the timeline and facts in this case are muddy to say the LEAST... but I trust you completely Levi... I do!))))))

Ye gads. Sitting on my hands, sitting on my hands ....again. My fingers are numb now.

GannyP
NG stating they have found a badly burned child's body!

nursebeeme
LE stated that they didn't put out an amber alert sooner because they didn't get a full story (something like that) I believe LE has had the SD and Mom as their #1 suspect since day one. I believe they put out kidnapped and the raspy voiced woman and info because they have to just in case their theory is wrong. Not only this but it would help them in their investigation to let the suspects believe they are not suspects so they can watch and have their guard down.

I've said all along that the SD, came across in the video's has highly suspicious.

bbm... this will be the sort of info that puts the amber alert in HOT WATER imhoo.

they fully (LE) stated they put it out to garner more information.... OMG... this is just not right and a horrible abuse of the amber alert system. there is no known car (that we are made known of at this time), no perp description except for a voice description... and oh yeah!!!! don't let me forget... it was at least a day after he went missing... at least a day!

Sorry... glad they are using it (AA system) but I can see now why it has limits before issuance.

what happened here?

what is going on that we don't know about?

and if someone has him that they could release more details on ((pertaining to proper issuance of this alert)) why hasn't it been done.

If I could give LE ONE LITTLE WORD OF ADVICE RIGHT NOW = PRESSER WITH PROPER DETAILS.

moo.... mooo... moooooooo..

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Now my head is spinning. Not reported missing til 9 thirty pm.

By his mother, not the babysitter.

WillenFan21
12-28-2010, 09:02 PM
FBI has now joined the case. Per Nancy Grace.

Reneeloveyou
12-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Glenn is not going to be on because there is a reporter in housing using the line Glenn would call in on. I am the aunt that Jonathan lived with for 4 years and Glenn is my husband. Hears some clarification, the only relatives Jonathan has are his other aunt that lives 5 hours away, my self and my husband which live in mo and his grandmother, none of which live close by

GannyP
12-28-2010, 09:04 PM
NG--Just a few miles from where the child lived, about 3 1/2 miles from where he went missing! Poor baby!

GannyP
12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
NG--May not be Jonathan, the body was only 3 ft. long.

Debbie3223
they are saying on NG the found burned body is 3ft.

jonathan is 4 7?

Patty G
Glenn is not going to be on because there is a reporter in housing using the line Glenn would call in on. I am the aunt that Jonathan lived with for 4 years and Glenn is my husband. Hears some clarification, the only relatives Jonathan has are his other aunt that lives 5 hours away, my self and my husband which live in mo and his grandmother, none of which live close by

Where does Jonathan's father live?

peeples
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
someone earlier said burned bodies shrink.... but not sure how much

Ransom
I don't trust any of the MSM articles right now. The reporters could be mistaken or spinning things for headlines. I don't trust what comes out the mom's mouth in the interviews. She could be lying or so distraught that she's misspeaking. I want to hear directly from the HPD in a press conference, on camera, unedited.

ITA but these bloggers are so late and out to lunch to even READ the 100's of links since 3:43 pm CST. How hard is this to just stay calm and not make chit up and not read other links that refute the lame info??????

everyoneneedsavoice
bbm... this will be the sort of info that puts the amber alert in HOT WATER imhoo.

they fully (LE) stated they put it out to garner more information.... OMG... this is just not right and a horrible abuse of the amber alert system. there is no known car (that we are made known of at this time), no perp description except for a voice description... and oh yeah!!!! don't let me forget... it was at least a day after he went missing... at least a day!

Sorry... glad they are using it (AA system) but I can see now why it has limits before issuance.

what happened here?

and if someone has him that they could release more details on ((pertaining to proper issuance of this alert)) why hasn't it been done.

If I could give LE ONE LITTLE WORD OF ADVICE RIGHT NOW = PRESSER WITH PROPER DETAILS.

ITA...here's the link to my previous post with a link to the article about the AA "delay"...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010

gogrannypop
12-28-2010, 09:08 PM
News reporters used to be accountable for their stories. I do not believe 90% of the BS I read in the "news". Moo

belimom
12-28-2010, 09:08 PM

Welcome to Websleuths... and thanks for posting. (((Hugs))) to you and your husband.

Ransom
12-28-2010, 09:09 PM

A grandmother lives in Houston, TX. IMO

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM

they fully (LE) stated they put it out to garner more information.... OMG... this is just not right and a horrible abuse of the amber alert system. t
what happened here?

You know, I 100% feel you on this one. More than 100%

Per the comment section of an article that was online last night, the aunt says that they called the PD to report him missing, but because he was 12 years old he wasn't considered for the Amber Alert, but rather a run away. The aunt explains that she called them on Saturday to tell them he was missing, but HPD did nothing until Monday.

BALL DROPPED, IMO.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7866784&status=ok

Comment #33, per the "Aunt" of JF. *Seems she now has clearance to post and I am super happy she does - finally! I swear myself I read reports that there was no Amber Alert issued on Friday because he was 12 (that could be in thread 1 somewhere.)

Texas Mist
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Thank you for joining us & sharing info...I'm sorry it has to be under these circumstances. ((hugs))

So many people are praying for Jonathan that he's found safe...I hope that gives the family some comfort....I wish I knew what else to say.

westsidefox64
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
been lurking all day and getting more confused by the minute. Can someone tell me if I have this right in my mind, if not what do I have confused?

Only lived with mom for approx. a month
SD and Mom seperated but live in same apt. complex
lived with maternal GM before that
lived with maternal uncle before gm
Bio dad not in picture
Babysitter really does exist
1st SF has custody of sister and came to help search

thing im most confused about did he go from home to babysitters to get video or vise versa? TIA

GannyP
12-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Debbie, Yes the measurements are off so maybe there is hope, but that still means another child has been burned and tossed! so sad!

Lera213
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Virtual hug to Reneeloveyou and to her husband

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
been lurking all day and getting more confused by the minute. Can someone tell me if I have this right in my mind, if not what do I have confused?

Only lived with mom for approx. a month
SD and Mom seperated but live in same apt. complex
lived with maternal GM before that
lived with maternal uncle before gm
Bio dad not in picture
Babysitter really does exist
1st SF has custody of sister and came to help search

thing im most confused about did he go from home to babysitters to get video or vise versa? TIA

That's exactly what I got at the moment.

Lera213
12-28-2010, 09:15 PM
My father was 5ft 9'' before death, on his autopsy report he was just under 5 foot tall.

Ransom
12-28-2010, 09:17 PM

what happened here?

Again, AA goes on the hiways/byways across this country with a CAR description and/or a license plate #, etc. It does no good to put up, on the hiway signs, JF missing, 12 years old, 5'tall, etc. This is not a difficult thing to understand. NO AA because there was no car, no license plate #, NO perp, etc. JMO. AA is not in HOT WATER. IMHO

westsidefox64
12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Welcome reneeloves you !!! (((hugs))) to you and your family. Im praying for a good out come for you!

angela
I find it very disturbing that this child has been missing for 5 days and no one, even law enforcement, seems to have a clue about the events of that day.

Lera213
That body was moved so that it would be found MOO

How could the SD or Mom, or babysitter get away to move that body? Look at the video of where the body was found, a car driving by probably could see some of it. I mean really, I cannot see that body being there for more than a few hours!

They said they got a tip? Could this tipster be the one who placed the body there or saw it being put there? More questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A_News_Junkie
12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
:welcome: We have been waiting on you!

strawberry
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
On NG they just mentioned the "he's a pest" quote. I've seen that mentioned here. Does anyone have a link to her saying that and about what minute mark? TIA

sherbetjello
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Again, AA goes on the hiways/byways across this country with a CAR description and/or a license plate #, etc. It does no good to put up, on the hiway signs, JF missing, 12 years old, 5'tall, etc. This is not a difficult thing to understand. NO AA because there was no car, no license plate #, NO perp, etc. JMO. AA is not in HOT WATER. IMHO

I understand totally what you are saying, but they issued one anyways 3 days later after the fact - with none of the qualifying AA information.

Dear Prudence
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
I find it very disturbing that this child has been missing for 5 days and no one, even law enforcement, seems to have a clue about the events of that day.

How do we know LE doesn't have a clue when they haven't had a televised press conference? We have no idea what LE knows. MOO