PDA

View Full Version : TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Pensfan
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
If my posts #455 and the continuation #477, is against TOS, I will delete asap. TIA. Info came from a paid site.
It is accurate with info that I received from Search National Records.

BOZGAL
12-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Renee
My deepest sympathies go out to you and your loved ones.
He was so blessed to have you and yours in his life and you all will cherish those memories forever.
I will hold all of you in prayer.
God Bless you and give you the strength you so need now.

Kimster
12-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm going to refrain from saying it shouldn't be done and is against TOS, since I am not a mod - and there are mods on here who obviously are seeing the paid-for info being posted. But before walking away from this discussion, I will say that I have paid for info in other cases. And I have been told by a mod that we cannot share info that was paid for. Now... if I could only find the message that all this info was posted in - LOL!

Hold on as I'm looking into the answer to this question also. :grouphug:

Salem
12-29-2010, 11:45 PM
If my posts #455 and the continuation #477, is against TOS, I will delete asap. TIA. Info came from a paid site.

You need a link for the info. Even if it's a paid site, you must link it.

Also I would think this info would be available publicly from the Houston Court Site or the PD's site? Not sure.

Salem

Denyl2005
12-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Good grief on that arrest record.

It's the arrest record consistent with a sociopath.

Reannan
12-29-2010, 11:46 PM
It isn't illegal to post information from a paid site is it??? Noted: I don't have access to any paid sites because the few I have tried have sucked, so I gave up. I honestly think it would be helpful to have access to this information, but maybe I am missing something??? :waitasec:

Ransom
12-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Also I would think this info would be available publicly from the Houston Court Site or the PD's site? Not sure.

Salem

Not all the offenses occured in Houston, Tx.

ETA: I'll just delete and that will be the simplest thing and not break any rules. Thank you.

StrayKat
12-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I still have a few questions:

Motive???

Why police originally mentioned shoes and video being the only thing missing?

What physical evidence was gathered at the CURRENT home?
Homicide was already on the case.

Why would LE think RUNAWAY... I wonder what they were told originally by certain people. LE there only 45 minutes... WHAT???

When was LE notified that the sitter wasn't there?

What are the stats of a woman (not the mother) killing another person's child?

Where is SD today, he is in all the other videos with mom?

Does the so called "Mona" live in NE Houston?

What time was the last time anyone saw or talked to JF. Not including the sighting at 1:45. What time was the call received by mom?

Who is the man they are looking for?

Why all the leaks from LE about an arrest... but, not an actual presser to confirm?

StrayKat
12-29-2010, 11:48 PM
That was only part of them -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12979&d=1293674544

Sorry, I didn't even look at them... are they bad? Felonies?

noZme
12-29-2010, 11:48 PM
to Reneeloveyou, Lovingmom & anyone else who knew this precious child in real life, I am so sorry. Let's keep in mind the lovely thoughts written by his " extra grandmother":

posted earlier today by Reneeloveyou , Thread #3 post 335

I am posting this, my mom wrote this for Jonathan, even though she isn't his biological grandmother she still played that roll while he lived with us.

*It's not the answer prayed for. It's not what we wanted to hear. My mind refuses to allow me to connect you with the*words I am reading on the reports. Not Jonathon, it's not the child I knew. The Jonathon I know continues to smile that embarrassed little smile, the one that plays timidly at the corners of his mouth. The Jonathon I know, his*eyes continue to see the things that made him happy,*a new litter of furry puppies, his granny smiling at*him with pride, fireworks displays and fish caught on*a line. *And not the Jonathon with the incrediable appetite, always grateful for the second helping. No, I can't put that together with the horrible reality of a world gone mad where a young boy is disregarded completely. No, I will keep my memory of you as the last time I saw you, walking into that airport in Tulsa, walking with a sense of purpose. You were going to go see granny, you were happy. The last time I was near you you were being gently transported into a cloudless sky. You still are. Relax into the arms of*the one who bears you now to your ultimate comfort. Smile into the face* of the wonderful counselor. Open your eyes to the beauty none of us have yet seen. *It wasn't the answer we prayed for but*we continue to pray for the peace that passes understanding."

elepher50
12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Renee and JP's family:

Jonathan Paul Foster born 09/Nov/1998 ..... just turned 12 years old and went missing December 24/10 on Christmas Eve. Broken hearts and broken dreams. Rest peacefully JP - please take care of yourself Renee and family - be kind to yourself as you move forward in the coming days.

I know JP knew what love felt like and I know he knew what it was like to experience boyhood fun from the pictures you shared. Often times we do not get these glimpses like you have shared - thank you from the bottom of my heavy heart. JP is a beautiful boy and he touched my heart.

May justice be swift and severe.

maureen718
12-29-2010, 11:50 PM
As a boxer would she be into steroids???? abuse certain drugs?
multiple blows to the head

Breathe
12-29-2010, 11:50 PM
I wonder if the roommate told Mona that Jonathan was getting a gaming system for Christmas (as reported on NG last night)? Maybe that was the item to steal or pawn. I wonder which apartment had Jonathan's Christmas presents - probably the one he lived at with his mom?

May God give comfort and help this family find the answers they deserve to know. Please give them the strength to get through this. God bless you Jonathan. We are all so sorry...

BOZGAL
12-29-2010, 11:51 PM
It's the arrest record consistent with a sociopath.

I totally agree.
I actually shutter thinking about what happened to this precious little man.
WHY?

jmho

Lera213
12-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I just got caught up, 18 pages worth!

Renee,

My sympathy for you and your family! My heart is heavy and I cannot imagine how you and your husband must be feeling right now!

I so wish none of this had to have happened!

My profound apologies for this being played out in such a confused manner. This is not typical of WS's posting of a case.

Mods: Thank you for all you do, I know this thread had to have been a nightmare to moderate!

Posters: I think we've all learned some through this ordeal many things, I have at least.

Non Members who are reading, please join, it is a great site.

Linda7NJ
12-29-2010, 11:52 PM
multiple blows to the head

I'll be looking forward to the day they stick that NEEDLE in her arm

twall
12-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Has anyone seen a picture of SE (the roommate)? If so, can you post a link here? I have looked and cannot find one. Of course, I am going to bed now so won't see it til tomorrow. So you guys have all night to find one. ;)

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-investigation-story,0,3306091.story

Link is to a video where mom and roommate SE speak aired before arrest of MN was announced. NOTE: The caption in the video is wrong, it identifies SE as a neighbor Rita Jackson, Rita is shown in the video after SE and mom. SE is the dark haired woman shown with mom AD.

The article under the video has their identity correct.

Starwynn
12-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Is this typical in Houston?

A little worse than usual, but not much. Very typical, yes.

Jolynna
Here is what I think. Mona was friends with the roommate according to MSM. Jonathan was home alone. Mona went to the apartment for who knows what reason and perhaps didn't know Jonathan was there. Jonathan calls his moms work and is scared saying it is an emergency. Mona catches him on the phone and takes the phone away. Since Jonathan can identify her she does harm to him. :(. Just my opinion on what possibly happened.

Mona is the one who told the co-worker there was an emergency, not Jonathan.

Mona DID take the phone away from Jonathan. She used the phone to tell Angela's co-worker there was an emergency to FORCE Angela to come to the phone. In doing so Mona ALERTED Angela.Then Mona picked up the phone and talked to Angela when she called back. Why?

I am not sure JF could have identified Mona. Angela said she first met Mona AFTER Jonathan disappeared. I don't know that Jonathan would have met her either.

koolmum
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

"However, police added that Nelson is the only suspect in the case and no other charges are expected to be filed."

So I guess they aren't looking for the male accomplice any longer?

Cubby
Her myspace has malware attached, be careful.

Mayor is not going to be happy about this, and I like this mayor.

Sorta OT. There is another case out of Villa Park, IL Eric Gilford-Navy- murdered his pregnant wife and had a picture of himself with George W Bush on his face book! The photo didn't get a whole lot of media, sadly, nor did the case.

matou
12-29-2010, 11:54 PM
"Nelson's criminal record dates back to 1984 with charges for criminal mischief, aggravated robbery, possession of marijuana, theft and terroristic threat."

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-murder-arrest-story,0,1039882.story

sherbetjello
I tried to answer with what I know, but I am always open to corrections.

StrayKat I still have a few questions:

Motive???
No given.

Maybe they suspected it was a break in? If so, voids why they didn't put out an AA.

Hasn't been said, but there has been some and SD car was towed.

I haven't read that since the case "broke" on Christmas Eve, but could be true.

Why would LE think RUNAWAY... I wonder what they were told originally by certain people. LE there only 45 minutes... WHAT???
According to a post his aunt made via MSM, he was too old for an Amber Alert and was considered a run away. That's something that I haven't been able to get her to clarify, and I am not sure it's the best time to ask again.

No idea, media reported it yesterday.

Good question.

He took a poly and passed, that is what JF's mom said via another videocast. Not sure if true, but probably all the heat on him has made him back away.

She lives 7 miles from JF's house, 4 miles from the site his body was recovered.

What time was the last time anyone saw or talked to JF.
2 days prior by a neighbor, iirc.

Not including the sighting at 1:45.
None

What time was the call received by mom?
1:30-2:00PM Christmas Eve, iirc.

No one knows.

Why all the leaks from LE about an arrest... but, not an actual presser to confirm?
Confirmed by multiple MSM, including chron (which is the best, imo) - Capital Murder Charge.

Linda7NJ
http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-investigation-story,0,3306091.story

Link is to a video where mom and roommate SE speak aired before arrest of MN was announced. NOTE: The caption in the video is wrong, it identifies SE as a neighbor Rita Jackson, Rita is shown in the video after SE and mom. SE is the dark haired woman shown with mom AD.

Another media screw up while reporting on this case. I swear this has been the WORST REPORTING I have EVER experienced.

Wondergirl
12-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Remind me again EXACTLY how Sharon Ennamorato would know Jonathan was GONE very specifically between the time of 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm that day (especially since DD checked on him at 1:45 and especially since he supposedly called his mother during that time?????)

He was here by himself and he was gone between 1:30 and 2:30 [p.m.], that's all I know," said babysitter Sharon Ennamorato, whose house Jonathan was last seen at. "We know a lady answered my phone, we don't know and there was supposed to be nobody in this house.

BOZGAL

I saw it was quoted wrong earlier and then found it again or another one where the name was right.

But what really stood out to me was when the roommate said:

'She had no idea who called the house' or something like that.
That is really bugging me. What she said and the way she said it is not sitting right with old Boz.

JMHO

Patty G
"Nelson's criminal record dates back to 1984 with charges for criminal mischief, aggravated robbery, possession of marijuana, theft and terroristic threat."

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-murder-arrest-story,0,1039882.story

I bet the reporters were peeking in here and saw the criminal records posted. Well at least MSM has verified the criminal records go back quite a few years.

belimom
12-29-2010, 11:58 PM

Mona DID take the phone away from Jonathan. She used the phone to tell Angela's co-worker there was an emergency to FORCE Angela to come to the phone. In doing so Mona ALERTED Angela.Then Mona picked up the phone and talked to Angela when she called back. Why?

I am not sure JF could have identified Mona. Angela said she first met Mona AFTER Jonathan disappeared. I don't know that Jonathan would have met her either.

Are these facts? I think these are things that can only be speculated about.

IMHO, you may be right, or Jonathan could be the one who said it was an emergency. If he was really afraid and his voice went up an octave or so - he may have sounded like a woman. Of course, I'm just throwing thoughts out there... I really have no idea. But we don't know if Mona took the phone away - we really just don't know what happened there.

nobodyspecial
12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
My prayers go out to the family and friends of Jonathan. There are no words other than that.

I wonder if I might be up for jury duty soon....

Cubby
12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
But then why did Mona get on the phone and tell Angela's co-worker that it was an emergency?

Why would Mona want to make SURE Angela knew an emergency was going on in her home? Why wasn't Mona afraid that Angela would call the police? That would be the expected response to being told there was an emergency in your home followed by a hang-up.

Why did Mona answer Angela's phone when Angela called her home after the hang-up? Why would Mona WANT Angela to hear her voice if she was about to do a heinous murder?

If Angela hadn't yet met Mona, would JF have met her? If JF hadn't before met Mona and couldn't identify her why did Mona need to kill him?

moo

I think it is possible Jonathon walked in on a robbery. Perhaps he really was returning home to get something. I think it is possible Mona took the phone from Jonathan and she was the one who hung up and took the phone. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread prints on the phone could tie her to the crime....

It's a damn shame HPD didn't consider the call from Jonathan calling mommy at work saying it is an emergency... Surely there were other witnesses than mom to confirm receiving the call. That would have put to bed the delay in focusing so much on the baby sitter. :banghead: :furious:

Perhaps if LE had taken that call from Jonathan to moms work seriously he would still be here with us. :(

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Remind me again EXACTLY how Sharon Ennamorato would know Jonathan was GONE very specifically between the time of 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm that day (especially since DD checked on him at 1:45 and especially since he supposedly called his mother during that time?????)

I think locking SD into that 1:45 PM mark could be one of the crucial investigation mistakes (or errors on SD end, dunno yet.)
I rarely look at the clock sometimes, and have had quite the surprise when I look up and realize its nightfall.

JMO.

WillenFan21
With all due respect, I think we should be careful about what is discussed concerning how Jonathon died. It's gotta be tough for the Renee and the others that knew him to be reading everyone talking about blows to the head etc. I doubt they want to read or even need this right now. I think that out of the respect to the people that know this little boy that we should be careful on what is said. I very highly doubt they want to sit here reading this. It has to be SOOO tough on them to be reading all of it. JMO only.

Renee and others that known him I am so sorry for your loss & what has happened. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Denyl2005
I wonder if the roommate told Mona that Jonathan was getting a gaming system for Christmas (as reported on NG last night)? Maybe that was the item to steal or pawn. I wonder which apartment had Jonathan's Christmas presents - probably the one he lived at with his mom?

May God give comfort and help this family find the answers they deserve to know. Please give them the strength to get through this. God bless you Jonathan. We are all so sorry...

I doubt this child was killed over a gaming system, more likely drugs.

BOZGAL

TYVM for the quote. I am too tired to watch it again and my eyes are blurry.

There is something very wrong with this statement.

jmho

Wondergirl
A source close to the investigation told us Nelson was questioned by homicide investigators Wednesday afternoon at police headquarters and was said to cooperate with authorities.

We've learned that some evidence collected at the crime scene possibly linked Nelson to the crime.

Janeumayer
12-30-2010, 12:04 AM

twall
12-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Brief mention of Nelson's past arrests from bottom of article at link below:

snip

Nelson's criminal record dates back to 1984 with charges for criminal mischief, aggravated robbery, possession of marijuana, theft and terroristic threat.

eta, whoops, someone already posted this!

Linda7NJ
12-30-2010, 12:06 AM
I doubt this child was killed over a gaming system, more likely drugs.

Oftentimes people steal and rob to get stuff that they can sell for money to get drugs. But there are plenty of people that simply rob because they think they can.

<mod snip> Mona apparently wasn't very good at it, she kept getting caught. Perhaps this time she simply didn't want to leave a living witness.

A_News_Junkie
12-30-2010, 12:07 AM

Salem

Not trying to muddy the waters, but the poster who pays usually has to agree to site rules (where the info is coming from- the paid site) not to publish or distribute. So, I worry for anyone sharing in this venue.
backing out the parking lot door now.

LandAuxvasse
12-30-2010, 12:08 AM

jmho

I took that statement to mean that they believe that is the time frame when Jonathan disappeared... like maybe that's something they heard from LE or MSM.

MOO :twocents:

watchful_eye
12-30-2010, 12:08 AM
OMG. I am speechless. Almost...

1. I am SO devastated for Jonathan and his family. My prayers go out to them. G-d bless this poor boy.

2. Houston local media SUCKS at life. Cannot properly report a story to save themselves. UGH.

3. Because of this, I have NO IDEA what is really going on. Therefore, I just cannot make up my mind as to what may have happened...

4. WHY CAN'T EVERY STATE BE LIKE TEXAS??!!! Capital murder charges---heck to the yes.

Again, I am having trouble decided on which theory I support for the motive/situation surrounding J's abduction/murder, but here are the 3 that I feel strong about (JUST GUESSING---NOT ACCUSING):

1. DRUG DEBT. First thought that popped into my mind when I found out J was living with his grandparents, and when I saw the video of J's mother and no offense to her or her family, but she looks like a drug user. This whole case just screams drug debt. Either mom or step-dad had a gripe with a dealer and the dealer decided to take revenge by hurting the boy to show he/she meant business. Horrible, but it is possible. However this would lead to the idea that the parents DID NOT have direct involvement. Unless they just said, "Take our son". (Not accusing)

Killers who burn victims MAY be hiding evidence of assault, BUT they also indicate COLD-HEARTEDNESS---when the killer is sending the message of pure hate for the victim OR the victims family (i.e. gang/drug related murders).
Drug dealers mean business when they kill, they are RUTHLESS.

2. Domestic dispute. Mother kicked step-dad out, step-dad seeks revenge. Maybe he was jealous of J because he took up all of mom's attention. Maybe J was getting in the way of their relationship. Who knows.

3. Mona, who has a history of robbery charges, befriended the step dad for whatever reason, decided to rob his apt, and in the process, sadly, J was home and she killed him to avoid having a witness to her robbery. Burned the body to destroy evidence/dna.

Ok, I cannot finish, hubby is begging me to go to bed....ugh!

chasing.halos
12-30-2010, 12:09 AM

IMHO I believe that the co-worker heard a females voice but the voice was actually a very scared Jonathan- where his voice was higher pitched due to being scared.
Mona was a friend of the roommates so Jonathan could have met her before. Especially if he was home alone a lot.
I believe she answered the phone again thinking maybe she could diffuse the situation but then thought differently.
All just MHO.

momoeb
12-30-2010, 12:11 AM
RE: Speculation he might've been a runaway....I don't think that is completely from left field when you consider he was very new to the mother and stepfather's house AND that was apparently volatile enough for them to separate shortly after JF's arrival.

I'm local and I honestly don't know if more publicity would've resulted in this poor boy being found alive. I check the news OFTEN but I was too busy on Christmas Eve/Christmas to do it. Didn't get on the computer or turn on a TV. I think I saw it maybe Saturday night or Sunday morning. Can't remember. I think he was probably killed quickly. :furious:

Poor kid. So didn't deserve this.

Reneeloveyou
12-30-2010, 12:11 AM
I just wanted to say thank u all. We of course actually did find out before the media I of course didn't want to say anything here till they released it. It's rough, I had to call my mom who was in the shower, so my sister answered and I couldn't speak. My children r also aware. Jonathan will never be forgotten, and he is in a much better place then we are, I just wish he could have been much much older before being taken from this world. Jonathan had a purpose in this world and he completed that purpose abs that's why he went home to the heavens, we now have a new gaurdian angle to help guide us in this horrible world we live in.

carbuff
12-30-2010, 12:12 AM

I took her comment to mean that she wasn't sure about any of the times and she gave a range that was more or less a guess. But you could be right about it being weird. It just didn't strike me that way, I guess.

Redbird
12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
I agree with those theorizing this was a robbery. The roommate said in a video that no one was supposed to be home. So JF must have been staying at the SF's that afternoon. He went to the roommate's place to get his video. He interrupted Mona in the commission of a burglary. He was somehow able to call his mother. When the mother called back Mona answered then hung up. Somehow she became enraged at being caught and in a panic or rage hit JF with the telephone. She was probably trying to find drugs. Just my theory. Keep it simple.

Kimster
12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
I just wanted to say thank u all. We of course actually did find out before the media I of course didn't want to say anything here till they released it. It's rough, I had to call my mom who was in the shower, so my sister answered and I couldn't speak. My children r also aware. Jonathan will never be forgotten, and he is in a much better place then we are, I just wish he could have been much much older before being taken from this world. Jonathan had a purpose in this world and he completed that purpose abs that's why he went home to the heavens, we now have a new gaurdian angle to help guide us in this horrible world we live in.

:rose: Reneeloveyou :rose: Here we are wanting to console you and with these words you have consoled us!

Thank you for joining Websleuths. You are truly a blessing.

We continue to pray for you and your family at this horrible time. :praying:

BOZGAL
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
I took that statement to mean that they believe that is the time frame when Jonathan disappeared... like maybe that's something they heard from LE or MSM.

She also said she did not know who called the house.
I definitely see something very suspicious and defensive about everything the roommate said.

jmho

everyoneneedsavoice

Where did you read this?

Bittiness39
This is the text of the original Amber Alert issued for Jonathan Foster:

"Jonathan Foster was last seen around 1:45 p.m. on Friday 12/24/2010 at the Villa Nueva Apartments. He resides there with his mother and stepfather.

The boy has a visible overbite, was wearing blue jeans, white sneakers with a red stripe, a tan T-shirt with a guitar printed on it, and zip-up gray hoodie-type jacket.

Jonathan has red or auburn hair and blue eyes. He is about 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around a 100 pounds.

He may be in the company of an adult female with a raspy voice."http://radioamber.net/?p=3628

Forget, if we all can (Houston, you have a serious problem with your reporting and ALL of your sports teams) the sad reporting that has been inflicted on all of us all day long today. This is the original Amber Alert for him. It clearly states "he may be in the company of an adult female with a raspy voice."

Would not this Amber Alert then at least provide some credence to that portion of the reporting about a phone call? So since this is the official Amber Alert for him, how is the WTF name of the F'word does this gel with original reports where the family and the mother have said, initially the mother reported that he was on his way to his babysitter's house to pick up something? It does...NOT. Period. It sounds like LE had to wade through a swamp of conflicting statements...but nonetheless, the mother started the chain of deceit and I do care why...regardless of whether or not there are not or there may be more suspects. The thing smells. Period.

TY to the people posting who are a part of this case. It cannot be easy. Period. I appreciate at least the fact that you are willing to come forth with the information you do have. My heart goes out to the entire family. 12 years though, and no explanation for why this mother was not the primary caretaker, nor why she apparently lied to police initially? Again she is suspect, not a suspect. But nothing I have read today makes any darn sense. Despite the cruddy reporting.

noZme
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Renee... continued prayers going up! Jonathan has a place in all our hearts too.

rosiebean
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM

This is what I think as well.

IMO, the poor boy interrupted a robbery, tried to call his mom, said something about an emergency and the 'gruff' voiced perp was overheard by the mom's boss (I'll take exactly what was heard during the call as reported with a grain of salt given the inherent weakness in 'eye' witness testimony coupled with the absolute crap coverage by local media). The perp was stupid enough to pick up the phone when mom called back (and given the rap sheet, yeah, I think the perp isn't that bright), then panicked and tried to cover their tracks.

Has it been confirmed who exactly the perp was friends with? I've seen reports that it was the step dad and then the roommate. Given that the SD didn't live with mom, I'll guess the perp was a 'friend' of the roommate.

georgiajean
12-30-2010, 12:17 AM
This is all my speculation/theorization:
JF did go back to their apartment (where DD was now living by himself) to get a video game.
He ran into Mona, in mid-robbery, at DD's apartment. Maybe DD had drugs to steal, or maybe JF's presents were stored there to keep them out of site.
JF RAN back to Sharon (babysitter/roommate)'s place and called his mom.
Mona followed him back to Sharon's place.
Caught him calling, hung the phone up. When it rang again, Mona answers it (WHY???) and has the dialogue with AD and JF.

OR, as JF was walking to or from DD's apartment, Mona tries to abduct him (hired by someone to do so?) before JF runs back to Sharon's place to call mom.

BringKyronHome
With all due respect, I think we should be careful about what is discussed concerning how Jonathon died. It's gotta be tough for the Renee and the others that knew him to be reading everyone talking about blows to the head etc. I doubt they want to read or even need this right now. I think that out of the respect to the people that know this little boy that we should be careful on what is said. I very highly doubt they want to sit here reading this. It has to be SOOO tough on them to be reading all of it. JMO only.

Renee and others that known him I am so sorry for your loss & what has happened. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Mods - is it possible to add a thread with all the well wishes that have been posted for the family. I would hate for them to have to weed through some of these aweful facts, but sure would hate for them to miss such warm & comforting comments too.

peeples
I agree with those theorizing this was a robbery. The roommate said in a video that no one was supposed to be home. So JF must have been staying at the SF's that afternoon. He went to the roommate's place to get his video. He interrupted Mona in the commission of a burglary. He was somehow able to call his mother. When the mother called back Mona answered then hung up. Somehow she became enraged at being caught and in a panic or rage hit JF with the telephone. She was probably trying to find drugs. Just my theory. Keep it simple.

That theory sounds very likely to me!! WOuld explain step dad saying he saw him at 1:45 and he was fine etc etc

Lera213
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
To me details doesn't matter to me any more. Jonathan is deceased, the killer is caught. There is no justification at to motive for his death NONE so therefore it doesn't matter to me what the reason in the killer mind was.

I feel bad for the Mom because to me I think she had many issues but I think she started to grow up and tried her best even if it wasn't our standard she was trying and wanted her son and her to have a life together. This is apparent because Jonathan wanted to be with his mom.

I fear his death will not be good for the mother, she needs more help now then ever before. I hope her mother takes her in and they can sort it out with each other. This mother needs to be removed from her environment completely. It is hard enough on family members to cope with an abduction/murder even with a stable life.

I don't think I want to know any more details about his death for I want to BELIEVE he didn't suffer and he left this world quickly and pain free.

God Bless the Family!

georgiajean
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
To Renee's family, including JF's uncle and cousins, and Lovingmom's family, including JF's good friend, I extend my heartfelt condolences. It is good to know JF had such kind and caring people in his life. It matters. You matter.

Kimmer
12-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Renee, I am so sorry for your loss and please know that I will be praying for you and your entire family, You were a great Mom to Johnathan I know you were his Aunt but when you take in a child there are no lines between being a Aunt and being the Mother that his child so desperately needed, and we can see from the photos that you have shared that you filled that roll to a T....If there is ever anything I can do for you feel free to let me know, And please know that we here will follow this case thru until Justice is given to those who took this precious child from you and your family...

chasing.halos
12-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Renee, my heart is breaking for you. I am so very sorry for you and your family. Please feel free to continue to share memories, pictures.... his sweet little soul will continue to live on. Thinking of you...

Denyl2005
12-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Oftentimes people steal and rob to get stuff that they can sell for money to get drugs. But there are plenty of people that simply rob because they think they can.

BIG Mona apparently wasn't very good at it, she kept getting caught. Perhaps this time she simply didn't want to leave a living witness.

That's true but in this case, I feel the parents aren't being forthright because of illegal activity of their own. I don't think they would be creating alibis if a gaming system was the primary target. I'm also not convinced that <MOD SNIP> Mona wasn't just doing a friend a favor.

Cubby
You are so right to ask. Given all of the weird articles coming out today.

Here is the text and the link to one:

His mother says when she last called the house an unknown woman with a raspy voice picked up the phone then hung up.

In light of this news, the missing 12-year-old’s family hopes that he will be found alive.

"I believe he is out there," Mary Gifford, Jonathan’s maternal grandmother, said. “Let him come home, please.”

Sgt. Stuart Harris said that the boy's father and other relatives live within walking distance of the complex and he would often visit them. Harris said relatives have been cooperative with investigators.

"I don't know if it's an abduction. I don't know if he just walked off," Harris said. "I don't know if there's foul play involved. We have no reason to think he's a runaway. He's missing under suspicious circumstances, which is always a major concern for us."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/29/investigation-missing-houston-year-old-yields-results/

here is a link to about 10 other articles (at least) mentioning the same information that was released today:

raspy voice Jonathan Foster - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=raspy+voice+Jonathan+Foster&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en#q=raspy+voice+Jonathan+Foster&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn&fp=a1b46f39678685a8)

Just google raspy voice + Jonathan Foster and you get a ton of them when you click on the news option.

but nothing via MSM said the call about the woman with the raspy voice was fabricated by mom.

I just wanted to clarify because in your earlier post stating FACT mom lied...... it followed with a seperate sentence (paraphrased) and then we have the call to/from the woman with the raspy voice. Your post sounded as if you were perhaps stating as fact the two reported emergency phone calls were proven false by LE - and I wanted to clarify, no where in MSM has there been any info stating LE verified those emergency calls were fabricated. (or of course I could have misread your post thinking you meant/implied the calls were deemed fabricated)

Hamsterdance
((((((((((Reneeloveyou and family))))))))))

Shin Masamura
12-30-2010, 12:21 AM
I just can't wait till the "REAL" story comes out.. im not sure what to think..

sherryk
12-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Therory well who really knows at this point. The information coming out is so confusing with truths, untruths.
Is it poor reporting? Yes IMO however it could be that Houston LE is holding this super close to the vest, being that they are being looked down upon in not issueing the amber alert sooner. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I think that a major police force is capable to getting to the bottom of this which they seem to be doing.. I still think the amber alert system had major flaws... err on the side of caution rahter than giving a killer a head start. If a child or teen turns out to be a run away then so be it. The tax payers pay for services from our LE .. so lets have a say so in how those recources are used. How many children have to be killed to make some changes in the Amber Alert.

I wonder why no information on Nancy Grace tonight, this is a major story with fast developments happening. I suspect one of two things NG producers just can not sort throught the mess of stories presented out there OR perhaps LE asked them not to air due to being some of information coming out true and some not true. I think they may want to get all ducks in a row and give a press conference first to get out the facts that they feel the public needs to know..
I am a little thankful that NG did not air the coverage tonight due to inaccurate information so far, down to the name of the victem on one segment.

The reporting on NG that this is a good neighborhood. I do not see that from all maps I can find with earth view, media pictures, the apperance of mother and step dad it very well looks to be lower income (not bashing it, I am beyond needing to get out of my neighborhood) but i can not due to limited income) the surrondings tell a little of the people in the area.
If this woman was only known for a day or so, the Christmas theory comes strongly to mind. The person arrested .. not really knowing the family no connection to them. A simple robbery for her. Caught in the act. I still do not understand the phone call.

May Jonathan rest in peace. It is horrific what happened to his body. I hope and pray that they can find cause of death. I pray it is not more trajic than the condition of the body. Please God do not let the cause of death be the acutal burning.

georgiajean
12-30-2010, 12:23 AM

If I recall, Sharon (roommate) said that JF was there, playing video games. That they did not know who the woman on the phone was, because no one was supposed to be there. I took this not to mean that JF was not supposed to be there, but that no one else was. I'll need to go watch the video again to be sure.

peeples
12-30-2010, 12:23 AM
I also read somewhere I think click houston that it was a MALE co worker who answered and I hate to be sexist, but guys just generally aren't too clued in on details... especially on the phone.. So i think what exqactly was said and by whom during the phone calls, could be open to interpretation just a little bit (my opinion)

cluciano63
12-30-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't see how an Amber Alert would have helped Jonathan in this case. As another poster mentioned, being Christmas Eve, not as many TV's were on as usual, there wasn't a vehicle to BOLO for and even WS was really quiet that night. Also, it doesn't sound like he had a chance to be out and about where he would have been spotted at all, and if LE caught the mom in even a small lie during initial interviews, I can't blame them for not thinking abduction right away.

Poor Jonathan. I hope whatever happened to him was really quick and he did not have time to be too scared. That's all I can say.

(Other than I have come to believe that if someone is convicted based on irrefutable evidence, that should be the end of it-no appeals. No delays. Just done wasting time on that person. And on to the next...)

Linda7NJ
12-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Mods - is it possible to add a thread with all the well wishes that have been posted for the family. I would hate for them to have to weed through some of these aweful facts, but sure would hate for them to miss such warm & comforting comments too.

Excellent idea.

belimom
12-30-2010, 12:25 AM

(((((hugs)))).... to all of you.

CSI Mayberry
12-30-2010, 12:25 AM
IMO AD's family did not throw darts at mom.
IMO LE did not throw darts at mom.
The facts show JF loves his mom.
JF loves her and so do I.
JF spread his love every where he went.
JF spread his wings and flew across this country to hug his gramma and his mom too.

IMO He planted a seed of love and it is our responsiblity to tend it and multiple it and spread it all over this land.

IMO he said..Love is the cure to the madness this world faces today.

My heart goes out to mom and her family.

Linda7NJ
12-30-2010, 12:26 AM
That's true but in this case, I feel the parents aren't being forthright because of illegal activity of their own. I don't think they would be creating alibis if a gaming system was the primary target. I'm also not convinced that <mod snip> Mona wasn't just doing a friend a favor.

a friend a favor? are you serious?

Denyl2005
12-30-2010, 12:27 AM

<mod snip> Mona apparently wasn't very good at it, she kept getting caught. Perhaps this time she simply didn't want to leave a living witness.

That's true but in this case, I feel the parents aren't being forthright because of illegal activity of their own. I don't think they would be creating alibis if a gaming system was the primary target. I'm also not convinced that <mod snip> Mona wasn't just doing a friend a favor.

LadyLuck
12-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Renee, I just do not have the words to express what I am feeling now. Prayers for you, your husband, children and all of Jonathan's family.

Thank you for sharing the pictures and good times Jonathan had while living with you. You will be in my prayers as you go through the coming weeks.

belimom
12-30-2010, 12:29 AM
One detail that really bothers me: how did they know he went to get a video game? Was that info via DD? Or has that been recanted as well...? :waitasec:

Linda7NJ
IMO AD's family did not throw darts at mom.
IMO LE did not throw darts at mom.
The facts show JF loves his mom.
JF loves her and so do I.
JF spread his love every where he went.
JF spread his wings and flew across this country to hug his gramma and his mom too.

IMO He planted a seed of love and it is our responsiblity to tend it and multiple it and spread it all over this land.

IMO he said..Love is the cure to the madness this world faces today.

My heart goes out to mom and her family.

I have "thrown darts at mom" and I do feel a little bad about it. I now feel horrible for her and everyone else that raised and loved this boy. This case illustrates the need for parents to be 100% honest when their kid is missing. Hold nothing back. Don't worry about yourself first, worry about FINDING YOUR CHILD!

forbidn2u2
This is the text of the original Amber Alert issued for Jonathan Foster:

"Jonathan Foster was last seen around 1:45 p.m. on Friday 12/24/2010 at the Villa Nueva Apartments. He resides there with his mother and stepfather.

The boy has a visible overbite, was wearing blue jeans, white sneakers with a red stripe, a tan T-shirt with a guitar printed on it, and zip-up gray hoodie-type jacket.

Jonathan has red or auburn hair and blue eyes. He is about 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around a 100 pounds.

He may be in the company of an adult female with a raspy voice."http://radioamber.net/?p=3628

Forget, if we all can (Houston, you have a serious problem with your reporting and ALL of your sports teams) the sad reporting that has been inflicted on all of us all day long today. This is the original Amber Alert for him. It clearly states "he may be in the company of an adult female with a raspy voice."

Would not this Amber Alert then at least provide some credence to that portion of the reporting about a phone call? So since this is the official Amber Alert for him, how is the WTF name of the F'word does this gel with original reports where the family and the mother have said, initially the mother reported that he was on his way to his babysitter's house to pick up something? It does...NOT. Period. It sounds like LE had to wade through a swamp of conflicting statements...but nonetheless, the mother started the chain of deceit and I do care why...regardless of whether or not there are not or there may be more suspects. The thing smells. Period.

TY to the people posting who are a part of this case. It cannot be easy. Period. I appreciate at least the fact that you are willing to come forth with the information you do have. My heart goes out to the entire family. 12 years though, and no explanation for why this mother was not the primary caretaker, nor why she apparently lied to police initially? Again she is suspect, not a suspect. But nothing I have read today makes any darn sense. Despite the cruddy reporting.

What does any of this have to do with Houston's sports teams?

NSS
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/29/investigation-missing-houston-year-old-yields-results/

No arrest????? what the h.... is going on?

Yep ---- and yet we have Mom claiming that she didn't know this person, and then that she knew her as Mona, how do they know WHO they are speaking of if no-one was arrested?

Whilst I am typing, I just gave some thought to the initial 'at babysitters, went to get a video game' story.
Mom was at work, and didn't see or hear from Jonathan (except the background comment in the alleged 2nd phone call) so where did SHE get this info from?

Also, didn't she mention that she called him back AT HOME?
Why did step dad 'pop in'? And why would he place himself as the last person to see the child (good job criminals are not too smart).
Why is the dad, and this room mates friend in the home at all?

Whilst Mom has relayed these lies, they have been told to her by someone she felt reliable enough to bear repeating them. The same guy who stood beside her during early interviews (I'd have thrown him out after the FIRST one, given his demeanor and rubbing on me).
Please understand that she is probably in some pain, but her child is almost a stranger to her, she obviously feels more for the DD fellow, whom she is defending even after she realises he lied to her about what happened and behaves like a jerk AND I'm sure LE have voiced some 'concerns'.

Renee, I am so very very sorry for your families loss, I can feel the love you all had for him in your words and concern. He was blessed to have spent a portion of his short life with you guys, he knew what a real childhood felt like. I hope you can find some small modicum of comfort amongst the angst and theorizing here. In My Prayers.

twall
12-30-2010, 12:30 AM

jmho

My hinky meter went off when SE said "that's all I know".

Misty Croslin said the same thing at the beginning of Haleigh's case!

Bittiness39
12-30-2010, 12:30 AM
but nothing via MSM said the call about the woman with the raspy voice was fabricated by mom.

I just wanted to clarify because in your earlier post stating FACT mom lied...... it followed with a seperate sentence (paraphrased) and then we have the call to/from the woman with the raspy voice. Your post sounded as if you were perhaps stating as fact the two reported emergency phone calls were proven false by LE - and I wanted to clarify, no where in MSM has there been any info stating LE verified those emergency calls were fabricated. (or of course I could have misread your post thinking you meant/implied the calls were deemed fabricated)

I am just using the original text provide by a LE officer quoted by the police as the mother initally said he was going to the babysitter's home, then changed her initial story out of shame and embarrassment that he was possibly left home alone. In my warped way of thinking, since we are going by the text of the Amber Alert put out by police that he may be in the company of a rapsy voiced woman vs. he is went to the babysitter's house to get stuff...which is in all of the original reports where the mother is quoted...this is odd. Maybe facts are odd. Maybe I am concerned that a mom wouldn't just say from the jump she got a phone call vs. the original story that was circulated with family/mother quotes that he originally went to the babysitter's home and didn't show back up. JMO. I keep providing the same links over and over...and over and over. She originally said FACT he went to the babysitter's home to get stuff and never came home...my question to you is WHY do you think this somehow is NOT weird?????

StrayKat
12-30-2010, 12:31 AM
I tried to answer with what I know, but I am always open to corrections.

StrayKat I still have a few questions:

Motive???
No given.

Maybe they suspected it was a break in? If so, voids why they didn't put out an AA.

Hasn't been said, but there has been some and SD car was towed.

I haven't read that since the case "broke" on Christmas Eve, but could be true.

According to a post his aunt made via MSM, he was too old for an Amber Alert and was considered a run away. That's something that I haven't been able to get her to clarify, and I am not sure it's the best time to ask again.

No idea, media reported it yesterday.

Good question.

He took a poly and passed, that is what JF's mom said via another videocast. Not sure if true, but probably all the heat on him has made him back away.

She lives 7 miles from JF's house, 4 miles from the site his body was recovered.

What time was the last time anyone saw or talked to JF.
2 days prior by a neighbor, iirc.

Not including the sighting at 1:45.
None

What time was the call received by mom?
1:30-2:00PM Christmas Eve, iirc.

No one knows.

Confirmed by multiple MSM, including chron (which is the best, imo) - Capital Murder Charge.

Thanks, the chron has a good updated story.
Do you think she went there to rob or do you think she was alone?

Starwynn
12-30-2010, 12:31 AM

"that's all I know" usually means "I know more, but that's all I'm going to admit to"!

Denyl2005
12-30-2010, 12:32 AM
a friend a favor? are you serious?

Yes, if Mona is only connected because of the video showing her vehicle at the culvert, she may have been disposing of the body for the parents. She may not be the one who killed him.

SusanB
12-30-2010, 12:32 AM

I agree. I just get a feeling that drugs were involved. People who are dealing and/or using drugs do some outlandish things that we would never imagine a human being would do. The theory of a botched burglary sounds reasonable, JF walked in on it, tried to call Mom, MN grabbed phone, etc. Why she had to kill and burn the child is a mystery that only she knows. I feel drugs involved.

Redbird
12-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Just an FYI. I worked for a call center for a number of years. Any personal calls were really frowned on. The call would go to the supervisor's desk, if the supervisor was not at her/his desk and another person answered, they would have to give the information to the supervisor first for the authority to pull the employee off the automatic dialer to take the call. This could easily take 5 minutes or more. Not a good situation for an emergency.

Reannan
12-30-2010, 12:33 AM
A source close to the investigation told us Nelson was questioned by homicide investigators Wednesday afternoon at police headquarters and was said to cooperate with authorities.

We've learned that some evidence collected at the crime scene possibly linked Nelson to the crime.

Clothing???

Linda7NJ
12-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Yes, if <mod snip> Mona is only connected because of the video showing her vehicle at the culvert, she may have been disposing of the body for the parents. She may not be the one who killed him.

she's a friend of the roommates. Met dad two weeks ago and mom the day the boy went missing. and you think she'd dispose of the burned up body of a child for them???

Kimster
I rec'd a request to start a thread of condolences for Reneeloveyou and LovingMom. Please note that we have done that in the past in the Jury Room. Feel free to start a thread there and link often so everyone knows about it. :grouphug:

rngirl513
Sorry if posted already--or even if I can, but here is her myspace page link. Even posed with mayor of Houston? http://www.myspace.com/499637200

Cubby
12-30-2010, 12:35 AM

Respectfully, this is why we have a missing info and family support only - non discussion forum which allows family to not read the discussion area of WS if they wish not too. There is a thread for non discussion, info and family support only for Jonathans case in the non discussion forum.

Our heart breaks for everyone who loves Jonathan and his family, but it is up to them which area's of WS they wish to read or not read.

Cubby

Bittiness39

Really? Astros? Rockets? Texans? None of them are doing well. Even though baseball season is in siesta for now. Same with the reporting. It was not very good today, apparently. Either that, or the police like messing with reporters. Or deadlines maintain you report what you have at the moment you have it, regardless of verification. Bad reporting = just bad. Houston has bad sports teams = they are not currently winning. And it appears that trend, at least on the sports side of things, is continuing (see Yao Ming, see the Astros latest season, see the Texans...who I guess are bringing back, sadly Gary Kubiak, to coach again...:( was this a trick question???? :great:

peeples
Yes, if <mod snip> Mona is only connected because of the video showing her vehicle at the culvert, she may have been disposing of the body for the parents. She may not be the one who killed him.

Then there would be capital murder charges against the parents, not mona.

Jovi Girl
Oh I am so sad about the outcome of this...I too, was hoping another family member just took him to be with him for the holidays . Why, why why why why why why did this innocent child have to be murdered . And the way it ended, in a ditch and all. WHY ?????

BringKyronHome
12-30-2010, 12:36 AM
To all those that knew & loved Jonathan, my heart is shattered tonight, I can't possibly imagine the ain you are in. This truely is a sad day. I pray that you all find the kindness, support, patience, comfort and love in eachother that you will all need to heal and move forward.

Renee, I pray that you all find what Jonathan's purpose was and exploit it to the point that the joy masks the pain of his loss. Thank you for sharing all that you did with us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and all of Jonathan's friends and neighbors and classmates and teachers.

May g-d be with you all!!!

KT Can
12-30-2010, 12:37 AM

It doesn't have anything to do with our sports teams, however as a Houston sports fan, and as someone who tends to deal with difficult situations by injecting lighthearted comments, I can appreciate the sarcasm and the jab. This is a sad sad sad tragic case, and as a longtime member of WS's I have unfortunately been through many of these before. I understood how this was meant and why it was said.

BOZGAL
12-30-2010, 12:38 AM

I just went back and watched again and took notes.
Everything she said is suspicious and she appears to be on the defensive.

I promise I will lay this bone down for the time being but I truly believe there will be more information coming out later about this roommate.
Another reason I want to know how long did the Mom know this roommate?

JMHO

Kimster
12-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Reminder about using name variations: Name Variations and Name calling - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just call her Mona without any adjectives in front of it. Thank you!

nobodyspecial
12-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Insulting an entire city, and by default the people who choose and love to live here does nothing to serve the case, or the memory of a little boy.

Just sayin'

maureen718

I was talking about Mona's repeated blows to her head, being a boxer and all

belimom
she's a friend of the roommates. Met dad two weeks ago and mom the day the boy went missing. and you think she'd dispose of the burned up body of a child for them???

Linda, I agree with you on that line of thinking... HOWEVER, we don't know how long the SD has really known Mona.

Which just brought another thought to my mind: if DD knew Mona before AD did, then he probably knew the roommate as well. What a small world... If it's true that AD was trying to get away from DD, she didn't make it very far - to stay within the same circle of friends... :(

Whatever that conflict was - if true - seems to have remained a part of both AD and JF's lives, perhaps, with such a tangled web of connections. Just rambling now. Need to let go for the night.

BringKyronHome
Respectfully, this is why we have a missing info and family support only - non discussion forum which allows family to not read the discussion area of WS if they wish not too. There is a thread for non discussion, info and family support only for Jonathans case in the non discussion forum.

Our heart breaks for everyone who loves Jonathan and his family, but it is up to them which area's of WS they wish to read or not read.

Cubby

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware of this...can you link it?

Kimmer
With all of the new information that has been given to us tonight, I would like to know if Mom is spending the night with her roomate, I would be outa there so quick it would not be funny. With a roomate that has friends like Mona I would have to stay up all night long.

cluciano63
12-30-2010, 12:41 AM
I think I will wait for LE to finally speak, I just can't be bothered to read any of the Houston-area media outlets at this point.

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 12:42 AM
I hope when or if LE have a presser one of the awesome reporters down in Houston will ask this question: "Can you tell us what time and day the suspect (MONA NELSON) was seen in the video that was captured from the office warehouse?"

Reporters, if you are listening (anddddddd we know you are), PLEASE.. ask that question.

Thank you!

chasing.halos
Respectfully, I kind of feel like calling Mona "Big Mona" is name calling...
MOO.
(this falls at random <3 )

Wondergirl
BBM Below: So, if Mona Nelson was a maintenance worker for the apartments, then she likely had keys to let herself in. Robbery very well could have been the original motive in this heinous crime.

http://media.khou.com/images/foster-suspect-29.jpg

Nelson, who is a maintenance worker for several different apartment complexes in Houston, met Jonathan’s stepfather a few weeks before Christmas and was just getting to know the rest of the family, investigators said.

Searching court documents 11 News Reporter Jeff McShan discovered Nelson’s most serious crime was a robbery she committed back in 1984. She served a 10-year probated sentence.

http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

peeples
12-30-2010, 12:43 AM
With all of the new information that has been given to us tonight, I would like to know if Mom is spending the night with her roomate, I would be outa there so quick it would not be funny. With a roomate that has friends like Mona I would have to stay up all night long.
She's staying with her mother I believe. The aunt said when she called, the grandmother was in the shower, and the sister answered the phone.

Kimster
12-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Respectfully, I kind of feel like calling Mona "Big Mona" is name calling...
MOO.
(this falls at random <3 )

It is and it needs to stop immediately.

StrayKat
12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
I am just using the original text provide by a LE officer quoted by the police as the mother initally said he was going to the babysitter's home, then changed her initial story out of shame and embarrassment that he was possibly left home alone. In my warped way of thinking, since we are going by the text of the Amber Alert put out by police that he may be in the company of a rapsy voiced woman vs. he is went to the babysitter's house to get stuff...which is in all of the original reports where the mother is quoted...this is odd. Maybe facts are odd. Maybe I am concerned that a mom wouldn't just say from the jump she got a phone call vs. the original story that was circulated with family/mother quotes that he originally went to the babysitter's home and didn't show back up. JMO. I keep providing the same links over and over...and over and over. She originally said FACT he went to the babysitter's home to get stuff and never came home...my question to you is WHY do you think this somehow is NOT weird?????

Did the mom say that in any video that we can access? Nevermind, I will try to find it in your postings. HE WENT TO THE BABYSITTER'S HOME?

rngirl513
12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
As from what I have read on other sites, etc. she is already arrested for capital murder. Her last log in on myspace was on the 15th..No bond

georgiajean
12-30-2010, 12:46 AM
She originally said FACT he went to the babysitter's home to get stuff and never came home...my question to you is WHY do you think this somehow is NOT weird?????
(respectfully snipped)

She originally said he was at the babysitter's house, and went back to the apartment to get the video game. Going back to the original posts, from the very first thread, there's a quote from a MSM article (which no longer exists, thanks to the continuous updating of stories rather than writing new ones, which makes old articles disappear!)
This is from post #20 on Thread #1:
Jonathan's mother said he had been staying at a baby sitter's home a few doors down from where the family lived. He went home to get a video game but never returned to the baby sitter's home.
"He was supposed to run home, go get it and go back to the baby sitter's," mother Angela Davis said."

Bittiness39
BBM Below: So, if Mona Nelson was a maintenance worker for the apartments, then she likely had keys to let herself in. Robbery very well could have been the original motive in this heinous crime.

Nelson, who is a maintenance worker for several different apartment complexes in Houston, met Jonathanís stepfather a few weeks before Christmas and was just getting to know the rest of the family, investigators said.

Searching court documents 11 News Reporter Jeff McShan discovered Nelsonís most serious crime was a robbery she committed back in 1984. She served a 10-year probated sentence.

A perfect example why people with multiple criminal records should NOT be out...of jail. Period. Some people can't erradicate their badness nor their stripes. JMO. These types are incapable of change. One would think a parole board eventually would be hip to this. From all I have read about her, rumor or no, she doesn't at all appear to me to be a good person nor someone capable of change.

izehnder
Examiner.com article with police update as of Wed. afternoon, Dec. 29:

There have been some conflicting reports and confusion in the case of the 12-year-old Houston boy, Jonathan Foster, who vanished Christmas Eve.

In a phone conversation with Houston Police Public Information Officer Kese Smith Wednesday afternoon, Examiner.com learned police were given conflicting information from Jonathan’s parents early on in the case, leading to conflicting reports.

Click here (http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/jonathan-foster-missing-child-case-houston-police-clears-conflicting-reports) for complete article.

belimom
12-30-2010, 12:47 AM

Nelson, who is a maintenance worker for several different apartment complexes in Houston, met Jonathanís stepfather a few weeks before Christmas and was just getting to know the rest of the family, investigators said.

Searching court documents 11 News Reporter Jeff McShan discovered Nelsonís most serious crime was a robbery she committed back in 1984. She served a 10-year probated sentence.

Wow. That's a scary thought... :eek:... keys to the apartments? Several complexes? Anyone EVER do a background check on this person?!? ::thud::

belimom
12-30-2010, 12:49 AM
A perfect example why people with multiple criminal records should NOT be out...of jail. Period. Some people can't erradicate their badness nor their stripes. JMO. These types are incapable of change. One would think a parole board eventually would be hip to this. From all I have read about her, rumor or no, she doesn't at all appear to me to be a good person nor someone capable of change.

OR... OR.... ALSO just as important.... Background checks! We live in an apartment complex. I don't like this. AT ALL.

BOZGAL
12-30-2010, 12:50 AM
http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/CaseDetails.aspx?CaseNbr=129030601010&CDI=3

Looks like she will be in court on January 3rd.

belimom
12-30-2010, 12:51 AM
She's staying with her mother I believe. The aunt said when she called, the grandmother was in the shower, and the sister answered the phone.

I took it to mean that Renee called her own mother... In the big picture, it really doesn't matter, but thought I'd just say it. And I could be wrong.

Reannan
12-30-2010, 12:52 AM
If Mona was only recently friends with the family, why was she allegedly seen on the video driving an SUV registered to DD???? How many cars did this guy have???

rngirl513

Salem
New thread coming up. Be sure to copy your post before hitting POST in case you lose it, cuz the thread is locked.

Salem

Bittiness39
12-30-2010, 12:53 AM
(respectfully snipped)

She originally said he was at the babysitter's house, and went back to the apartment to get the video game. Going back to the original posts, from the very first thread, there's a quote from a MSM article (which no longer exists, thanks to the continuous updating of stories rather than writing new ones, which makes old articles disappear!)
This is from post #20 on Thread #1:
Jonathan's mother said he had been staying at a baby sitter's home a few doors down from where the family lived. He went home to get a video game but never returned to the baby sitter's home.
"He was supposed to run home, go get it and go back to the baby sitter's," mother Angela Davis said."

The key word is she "originally" said...which is sad...because if she had been truthful from the jump the police would have had more to work with early on. JMO. It totally works against, she got a call at work from a raspy voiced female whom she didn't know who hung up the phone. It just bothers me. I am sad for her and her family. But her original story bothers me. It makes me angry because it seems like, to me (though I am who I am) she was more worried what LE would think of her than the fact that her son was missing. JMO. Maybe I am reading more into this than it is worth, but when I see that she hasn't been raising her son for 12 years and he is 12 and now dead and only recently went to live with her in November and dies...it makes me wonder about why he hadn't been, whom she chose to involve herself with...and whether she was trying to make herself look better to LE instead of just telling the true story to begin with...JMO again. It just bothers me, and various other posters.

belimom
12-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Wow. That's a scary thought... :eek:... keys to the apartments? Several complexes? Anyone EVER do a background check on this person?!? ::thud::

Sorry to quote myself, but I wonder if there are grounds for a civil case here against the apartment complex. (ETA: I guess they would have to prove that Mona was able to get access to JF through having keys to the apartment from being a manager or whatever).

georgiajean
12-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Did the mom say that in any video that we can access? Nevermind, I will try to find it in your postings. HE WENT TO THE BABYSITTER'S HOME?

No, this was never reported in any MSM article I read. Granted, that doesn't mean a whole lot in this case.

izehnder
12-30-2010, 12:56 AM
A news report by KHOU.com stated:

A 44-year-old woman was charged with capital murder Wednesday in connection with the disappearance of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, police sources said.

Mona Yvette Nelson, who is not a relative of the boy, was taken into custody Wednesday morning.

However, in a phone conversation with the Houston Police Public Information Officer, I was told there had been no arrests made in Jonathan's case, and no one had been charged in his murder.

The call with the PIO occurred at about 4 p.m. Houston time.

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 12:57 AM
If Mona was only recently friends with the family, why was she allegedly seen on the video driving an SUV registered to DD???? How many cars did this guy have???

That's a media error, yet again. I was stumped there as well, but it was Mona's SUV caught on camera, not DD's.

Chron was who reported the correction (IF it is a correction.)

Blue Eyed Chick
12-30-2010, 12:58 AM
The street name people were trying to read was "Laura Koppe".

Kimster

However, in a phone conversation with the Houston Police Public Information Officer, I was told there had been no arrests made in Jonathan's case, and no one had been charged in his murder.

The media release about the arrest came out well after 4PM. I remember because we were here waiting for the 4PM news and there wasn't anything new released at that time.

rngirl513

Yes, and since they have. Capital murder charges. Apparently news says evidence on his body linked him to her.

Adrienne37
12-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Just an FYI in case she looks familiar, the reporter we have been seeing on Click2Houston is Jennifer Bauer who just recently joined their station after having worked at WJXT out of Jax Florida. She is the reporter who has covered much of Haleigh Cumming's case and usually does a great job with her investigative skills.

Nancy2441
12-30-2010, 01:01 AM
This is the first time I've posted on this case. I have just been reading here.

This case first caught my attention as I have several family members who live in Northwest Houston. When I first saw Jonathan's photo he reminded me of one of the younger members of my family.

I wanted to convey my heartfelt condolences to Renee and her entire family. Thank you for taking the time to share with us here. May Jonathan rest in peace.

Bittiness39
12-30-2010, 01:02 AM
This was too good not to post. Also, it pretty much has been summing up some of my scathing assessment of mom... :( I feel no joy in this but it is what it is...

Jonathan Foster: Missing child case, Houston Police clears conflicting reports

There have been some conflicting reports and confusion in the case of the 12-year-old Houston boy, Jonathan Foster, who vanished Christmas Eve.

In a phone conversation with Houston Police Public Information Officer Kese Smith Wednesday afternoon, Examiner.com learned police were given conflicting information from Jonathan’s parents early on in the case, leading to conflicting reports.

Houston Police PIO Smith provided information to Examiner.com Wednesday to clear up some misconceptions and to provide an update in the case (all updates and responses provided below are from PIO Smith):

.http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/jonathan-foster-missing-child-case-houston-police-clears-conflicting-reports

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Personally, I do not take examiner.com as fact. Oh he77, I don't even take news as fact anymore.

Denyl2005
12-30-2010, 01:03 AM

What I'm saying is if the only link she has to the case is a video of her vehicle at the culvert, that only proves she disposed of the body. I haven't seen any proof that she's only known step dad 2 weeks and met mom the day JF went missing. Do you really think she could kidnap and murder a child and then go meet his mother the same day?

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 01:05 AM
What I'm saying is if the only link she has to the case is a video of her vehicle at the culvert, that only proves she disposed of the body. I haven't seen any proof that she's only known step dad 2 weeks and met mom the day JF went missing. Do you really think she could kidnap and murder a child and then go meet his mother the same day?

They found evidence linking HER and JF at the crime scene.

They pulled a few bags out of her house this afternoon.

Sorry, but I don't think she was paid or was doing the parents a favor here.

JMO.

Salem
12-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Please continue here: Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010, Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks,

Salem