PDA

View Full Version : TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
12-30-2010, 11:15 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/thumb.png

No name calling - not even of the accused.
No sleuthing or naming innocents.
Jonathan's family members are also considered victims - so post accordingly.
Any discussion of sexual orientation or appearance MUST be related to the case - if you can't show a connection, don't post it.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Media Links

Messages from Hoppyfrog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
We are not going to discuss this woman's appearance here at WS. We are way above that here.
We don't get to pick what we look like (unless we have as much money as Oprah) and it really has no bearing on the crime or her potential culpability.
Quote:
DO NOT speculate on the suspect's sex or gender. She has been named as a woman.
DO NOT post something saying "I think this is the same person..." with a link. If you don't know if it is the correct person, do not post it!
Quote:
No name calling, dear posters!

A message from Imamaze:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
REMEMBER - There is to be NO sleuthing of Jonathan's family at this time. If anyone is named as a POI or suspect, ONLY THEN may they be sleuthed. (This includes our current suspect. WAIT until she is named before posting information.)
DO NOT speculate on the suspect's sex or gender. She has been named as a woman.
DO NOT post something saying "I think this is the same person..." with a link. If you don't know if it is the correct person, do not post it!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
TIA,
Salem
TOs WILL BE RECOMMENDED FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THE RULES, without warning to the violator. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING THE TOS AND THE RULES. You may review there here:
The Rules

WillenFan21
12-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't know anything about the Lane Bryant murders but I found another number with at tip line direct to the police department and told the woman I spoke to. She took the Mona's name and I told her the case. The woman wanted to take my phone number but I told her I would rather not. I don't want any involvement in it and I don't know anything about this case anyway. I just wanted them to have the tip. It seemed she took it rather seriously.

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 11:20 PM
This is going to turn into a circus, I can already see it.

Frustrating.

Interviews with Mona before the child is buried? The day after she is arrested? The New Black Panther Movement involved now, too?

:thud:

I really do want justice for JF. I really hope no one, or no other party (including media) impedes on that.

peeples
12-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I agree Sherbet :( This needs to stay about Jonathan!!

Chili Fries
12-30-2010, 11:21 PM
WTH does the BPP have to do with her being a cold murderer.. OMG is she gonna make this a race thing because Jonathan was white????
As you can see from his Wiki even though he can be very controversial, he also has served LE in positive ways:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4654897.html

Hopefully he's trying to help get her to confess.

KathrynL
12-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, we know she's still trying to blame someone else for HER CRIME! :mad:

JMHO
fran

I think it is likely she will continue in that vein no matter how much evidence says otherwise. :banghead:

sherbetjello
12-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I think it is likely she will continue in that vein no matter how much evidence says otherwise. :banghead:

If she rallies support in light of all the evidence I am going to freak out.

Patty G
FWIW, I do not feel Mona is tied to the Lane Bryant Murders or the West Mesa murders.

Dear Prudence
There wasn't a recorded interview today with Mona. The reporter just described her interview with her. ABC 13 will probably have a video report up soon on their website.

kalekona
Sometimes I wonder if the media has a sixth sense about which cases are going to get the craziest.

Normal missing kids seem to fall through the cracks these days- if they don't have a sensational element to them the media just moves on.

epiphany
12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
There wasn't a recorded interview today with Mona. The reporter just described her interview with her. ABC 13 will probably have a video report up soon their website.

Whaaat? Did the reporter describe her demeanor? Anything? Did she appear ill to her?

tehcloser
12-30-2010, 11:30 PM
I knew when the picture of her and the mayor turned up the circus was coming to town.

nursebeeme
12-30-2010, 11:30 PM
FWIW, I do not feel Mona is tied to the Lane Bryant Murders or the West Mesa murders.

I wouldn't have thought her tied to this murder either... except now she is?

caution and due diligence is needed in both of these cold cases and at this time it seems she is the one to try the key with... one will open the door sooner or later. Not sure if she is good for anything else... but glad her key will be fitted to these cold and closed doors.

tfrohning
12-30-2010, 11:31 PM

I don't feel west Mesa murders. But I think photos looka lot alike in Lane Brandt Murders IMO

epiphany
12-30-2010, 11:32 PM
"She knew them for the past couple of weeks, and what they primarily were doing was getting high together, drinking together and hanging out together...I believe this child was really a victim of his living circumstances," said Quannel X.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101230-woman-accused-in-12-year-olds-murder-misses-first-court-appearance

KathrynL
If she rallies support in light of all the evidence I am going to freak out.

Unfortunately, there probably will be some of that. It seems the guilty always have supporters. sigh

nursebeeme
I knew when the picture of her and the mayor turned up the circus was coming to town.
tell me about it! I get Bundy revisits in my mind when I see it!

Dear Prudence
12-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Whaaat? Did the reporter describe her demeanor? Anything? Did she appear ill to her?

The reporter did say she had tears as she talked. :violin:

jjenny
12-30-2010, 11:35 PM
"She knew them for the past couple of weeks, and what they primarily were doing was getting high together, drinking together and hanging out together...I believe this child was really a victim of his living circumstances," said Quannel X.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101230-woman-accused-in-12-year-olds-murder-misses-first-court-appearance

The "circumstances" didn't burn his body and dumped it in the ditch.

Chili Fries
12-30-2010, 11:35 PM

Well there goes my hoping for the best.

epiphany
12-30-2010, 11:37 PM
No attorney yet either; blaming SDad:

Activist Quannel X met with Nelson for about an hour Thursday afternoon upon her request. He says she does not yet have an attorney.

"I believe Nelson did play a role in what happened, but I believe her role is disposing of the body....She said it was the stepfather, David, who paid her money to dispose of a container that he gave her," said Quannel X.

Patty G
12-30-2010, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't have thought her tied to this murder either... except now she is?

caution and due diligence is needed in both of these cold cases and at this time it seems she is the one to try the key with... one will open the door sooner or later. Not sure if she is good for anything else... but glad her key will be fitted to these cold and closed doors.

:truce:

When I looked at the photos and studied the cases, the key doesn't fit, IMO!

mydailyopinions
12-30-2010, 11:39 PM

What? How could he say something such as this? This poor baby was a victim of someone's torch, and for the sake of just saying, there are no burn marks in his mother's home! Sitting on my hands now!

KathrynL
12-30-2010, 11:39 PM

That statement is so ...well, I don't even know where to start.

peeples
12-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't believe a single word that comes from her mouth!

nursebeeme

thanks Q.. ((that is what I will refer to him as))...

wow..

so once again the best seemed defense is to debase the parents to deflect from the predator.

Aint working for me Q. Not at all. Not. At. All. I could drink a fifth of vodka and pass out... and does that make a predator have free takes on my kids?

NOT!

Whatever the parents did smoking, drinking, etc.... gives no permission for kidnapping and murder... none whatsoever.

try again Q. Maybe in a court of law perhaps...

salvarenga

Activist Quannel X met with Nelson for about an hour Thursday afternoon upon her request. He says she does not yet have an attorney.

"I believe Nelson did play a role in what happened, but I believe her role is disposing of the body....She said it was the stepfather, David, who paid her money to dispose of a container that he gave her," said Quannel X.

Quannel X says David Davis paid Nelson $20 to throw away the container. Nelson told Quannel X she didn't know what was in the container because she was drunk.

Jovi Girl
12-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I am so confused.....what kind of people do we have among us ?? Killing and burning the body of a little boy ?? WHAT ON EARTH FOR ?? Did she get upset, make smack him and he hit his head or something ?? Why burn his little body ?? If she were trying to rob the place, why involve him ?? She's a mom. I'm a mom. I could never ever ever imagine purposley harming a child. So if it's unintentional, why burn him ?? There HAS to be another explaination. Was he accidently burned and she dumped him ?? People cannot be this evil and stay under the radar until they are 40 something. NO, actually, people cannot be this evil, period. I don't want to believe other members of the human race can do this.

Dear Prudence
12-30-2010, 11:42 PM

Jonathan's mom and stepdad do not exactly come across as June and Ward Cleaver so I am sure LE thoroughly checked out them, their story and their whereabouts. If LE says no one but Mona is responsible, I believe them.

Amster

Or....a victim of a heartless, cold blooded killer. Getting high...getting drunk....does not a killer make, Quannel X, media hog.

mydailyopinions

So he speaks with her for an hour and knows her? Activist my rear!

tfrohning
tell me about it! I get Bundy revisits in my mind when I see it!

I was thinking John Wayne Gacy:banghead:

This is going to be big circus. but I don't think texas is gone to mess around!

nursebeeme
LE already said in the presser that they accounted for ever second of time for every person that Mona named in her statement.

Q... you make your own self look bad defending this killer of a child!

jjenny
She didn't exactly stay "under a radar." She has a long criminal record even though she didn't serve that much time.

Redbird
12-30-2010, 11:43 PM
In regard to her dumping the body so carelessly: maybe she was more panicky because this was attracting national attention and if she has killed in the past it did not attract much attention. Not knowing there was a camera she may have just wanted to get the body away from her house as fast as possible.

nursebeeme
12-30-2010, 11:44 PM
this Q thing is nuts! I cannot believe it!!!! (((and I kinda laugh, cough, and sputter at the same time as it is pure idiocy!)))))

epiphany
12-30-2010, 11:46 PM
To Do List:

1. Get MN a good DP lawyer-pronto

thejoker101
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Police: Murder suspect might have more victims
Suspect described by acquaintances as bizarre; Police say her eyes showed no remorse
http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-nelsonsuspect-story,0,2864387.story

sarx
12-30-2010, 11:48 PM
In regard to her dumping the body so carelessly: maybe she was more panicky because this was attracting national attention and if she has killed in the past it did not attract much attention. Not knowing there was a camera she may have just wanted to get the body away from her house as fast as possible.

My guess is that she had long disposed of the body before it ever hit the media, let alone attracted national attention. Just recalling the timing of everything that day.

salvarenga
12-30-2010, 11:49 PM
My guess is that she had long disposed of the body before it ever hit the media, let alone attracted national attention. Just recalling the timing of everything that day.

Exactly, the body was dumped by 6pm.

jjenny
12-30-2010, 11:50 PM
The body was disposed before this case attracted any media attention. LE says the body was disposed on the same day the child went missing. At that time there was no media attention on this case whatsoever.

mysticrose
12-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Well I guess some other dude did it ! And I knew she was going to pin it on DD because he was the last one to see him right :mad:

Is she and anybody helping defend her realize, well lets see;

She placed herself there in the morning.

Her vehicle was spotted and verified to be a Jonathans apartment around the same time the phone calls took place.

She was caught on video in her truck and has admitted to being the one to dumped Jonathans body in the ditch.

Her home was searched and evidence found that connects her to Jonathans body (twine).
Large burn spot found in her home in the carpet, welder found in the home, among other things not discussed.....

I am sure there is more that I am forgeting. I mean REALLY people, just how stupid do they think we are !

Here is a link to her blaming DD among other info:

jjenny
12-30-2010, 11:52 PM
And if she claims she was asked to dump a container-as far as I gather, the body was not in any containers when found.

lisser
12-30-2010, 11:53 PM

<snip>

Quannel X says David Davis paid Nelson $20 to throw away the container. Nelson told Quannel X she didn't know what was in the container because she was drunk.

RSBM

Uh huh, and this $20 with SD's fingerprints would be where exactly? And drunk by 6pm in the evening when the poor boy was put there...right...

Blue Eyed Chick
12-30-2010, 11:54 PM
And if she claims she was asked to dump a container-as far as I gather, the body was not in any containers when found.

They said in that same news interview that there was no container.

Kimster
12-30-2010, 11:55 PM
So he speaks with her for an hour and knows her? Activist my rear!

Why is he going to let her play him like a fiddle? It doesn't make sense.

epiphany
Bears repeating:

Police are confident Nelson planned the killing on her own. Detectives say they grilled the people she tried to implicate, documented every second of their day and determined they weren't involved.

Patty G
It's possible Mona discarded the container OR perhaps brought the container to her residence. JMO!

everyoneneedsavoice
12-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Quanell X and jail house interviews before attorneys are not uncommon here...and they haven't affected the outcome of any sentence negatively, that I'm aware of...in fact, I tend to believe it's often a LE strategy.

Just google search him and houston jail house interviews / confessions...you might be surprised to see some of the positive influences he's had.

Also...don't forget Houston has live cameras all over the city. I'm sure that's how they know she went to her house first and then back to the "dump" site....and I would bet Quanell X knows that too...he'd have to!

So, IMO, even if it's not a strategy, then it still won't work.

Lera213
MN said that because she probably heard or saw the interview DD gave and how he strongly was asking for vengeance. Since MN is in jail, and we all know how they have their own rules in prison she wanted anything out there so inmates will lay off and to get back at DD. MOO

Kimster
Reading this..

"Quannel X says David Davis paid Nelson $20 to throw away the container. Nelson told Quannel X she didn't know what was in the container because she was drunk."

.. made me livid.
So, tell me Q, Mona took a flaming hot container (at least 6000 degrees) moved it, then opened it and thought "shiiii, this is a child in here." Leaves it, says nothing, does not report SD (why, too drunk? that's REALLY DRUNK!!), and then goes back to the house the mother of a missing child is staying.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE.

I am going to get a time out or ban.

Sounds like she was WAY too drunk to drive huh?

Reannan

Thank you. I believe she had met Jonathan and he did not like her. She immediately picked up on that and targeted him because of his dislilke. MOO.... I found the following book fascinating. "All God's Children: The Bosket Family and the American Tradition of Violence". It is a fascinating read about a horrible criminal who is in prison today in New York. He never knew his father, but has ties to the South - Augusta, GA, and Edgefield, SC to be specific - which is where I currently live. It explores the relationship between racial differencies and the potential for violence that occurs because of being "dissed" (disrespected). Plantation owners used to have duels over incidents if disrespect.... gang members have wars over it. Psychopaths become serial killers over it. :twocents:

mendz

the whole story stinks. i was happy (?) to hear today that his body had been disposed (ugh) the same day rather than he had been kept and possibly ... i can't continue. hopefully jonathan did not suffer. gosh this one has been tough :(

krista
12-30-2010, 11:57 PM

Well, that's just a pathetic excuse on so many levels. Most obvious.....clearly a deceased child in a 'container' would weigh enough to ask questions. If you are SO DRUNK that you don't ask what's in the box....then you are way too drunk to carry said container to your vehicle, use a torch to burn his body and drive somewhere else to dispose of his body.

I saw the interview with DD earlier today. The video disturbed me greatly.....calling Jonathan 'my son,' when we know they only knew each other for a month and DD had been removed from the home due to domestic issues. I just don't know that I believe him either.....but Mona is clearly lying. imho.

matou
12-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Are there any MSM statements which claim that someone was caught on surveillance video depositing a container versus a body in the ditch where Jonathan was found?

lisser
It's possible Mona discarded the container OR perhaps brought the container to her residence. JMO!

After she realized there were charred human remains in it? And then left it at her residence along with all the other burned items to be found by detectives?

If it was discarded, where, and then let them print it. MOO

Wondergirl

Police are confident Nelson planned the killing on her own. Detectives say they grilled the people she tried to implicate, documented every second of their day and determined they weren't involved.

jadejazzkayla
I hope I can put this delicately and not get a time out. Please mod's just tell me to delete if you feel it's not appropriate.

But......IF it turns out to be true that MN was brought into JF's life b/c mom and stepdad "partied" (ex. getting drunk and high together) with her, then IMO they do hold some responsiblity for putting him in that type of environment. JF is a child. He obviously had no say in the company his parents kept. If they chose to bring this monster around for the sake of getting drunk and high, then IMO they should be feeling very guilty right now.

if the parents had brought their boss home to dinner and the boss killied the child - the only person who is responsible is the killer. the parents have been cleared. they are victims.

mydailyopinions
RSBM

Uh huh, and this $20 with SD's fingerprints would be where exactly? And drunk by 6pm in the evening when the poor boy was put there...right...

At least there is surveillance videos..I'm sure will show that if a person is drunk enough not to realize they are putting a kid's body in a ditch, certainly they are not driving straight either !:banghead:
How much do you wanna bet that the video will show MN looking around making sure no one see's her dumping this body? Then, lets not forget she went back to visit with the family. :furious:

Kimster
12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, that's just a pathetic excuse on so many levels. Most obvious.....clearly a deceased child in a 'container' would smell and would weigh enough to ask questions. If you are SO DRUNK that you don't ask what's in the box....then you are way too drunk to carry said container to your vehicle, use a torch to burn his body and drive somewhere else to dispose of his body.

I saw the interview with DD earlier today. The video disturbed me greatly.....calling Jonathan 'my son,' when we know they only knew each other for a month and DD had been removed from the home due to domestic issues. I just don't know that I believe him either.....but Mona is clearly lying. imho.

DD did seem a bit off in the interview, but I don't think he had anything to do with this when LE keeps saying MN did this alone and thinks she is involved in other unsolved murders.

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
I was thinking John Wayne Gacy:banghead:

This is going to be big circus. but I don't think texas is gone to mess around!

Oooooh, pick me for jury duty! :praying: It's been several years so I'm due to be called soon and I am so ready.

Wondergirl
12-31-2010, 12:01 AM
At Nelson's garage apartment on Allwood in the North Forest area, Miller says detectives stumbled onto a wealth of evidence, including burned carpet, twine found around Jonathan's hands and welding torches police believe Nelson used after she killed him.

mydailyopinions
12-31-2010, 12:01 AM

Reminds me of a certain someone who thought bailing another murderer out would lead him to a child.... seems that way too many people in this world try to make themselves out as doing something with the best of intentions when it is ATTENTION they are seeking..
All at the cost of an innocent child :(

Lera213
12-31-2010, 12:03 AM
MN is grasping at anything to try and save her life in that prison!

I have to agree with you Kimster, that DD comes off really bad and in his last interview he still did to me but killing JF I don't think so. Maybe the reason we see him off is because he has some guilt for slapping the boy. This is probably why he kept saying he loves his boy.

mendz
12-31-2010, 12:03 AM

it's big city politics, we're used to it here in houston...that being said - child murder has no race or creed or conviction, IT IS WRONG. jonathan deserves so much more than quanell is giving him :(

Lera213
12-31-2010, 12:05 AM
OH My, I can imagine that DD is ready to come unglued with pure rage when he hears this!

Wondergirl
12-31-2010, 12:05 AM
So, where is the container, and where is DD's DNA on the container?

Kimster
12-31-2010, 12:06 AM
OH My, I can imagine that DD is ready to come unglued with pure rage when he hears this!

Oh you can say that again! And who can blame him? :(

Kimmer
12-31-2010, 12:07 AM
i am out for the night, I have had all I can take right now, God Bless Renee and Love Mom and all the other family, friends and classmates of Johnathan Paul Foster.

KathrynL
the whole story stinks. i was happy (?) to hear today that his body had been disposed (ugh) the same day rather than he had been kept and possibly ... i can't continue. hopefully jonathan did not suffer. gosh this one has been tough :(

I was relieved that he hadn't been subject to her for days as well. I hope his suffering was brief. My heart goes out to all who knew him and loved him. I can't begin to imagine how horrible this is for them.

Reannan

Actually Redbird, I had been thinking about this today A LOT!!!! I think MN was a sociopath that was in a current state of decomposition. I believe she had melted down and was completely willing to go along with the crazy violent thoughts in her head. In my opinion, Jonathan had encountered her in a brief previous instance that was negative in her mind. She decided to "seek justice" or "get even" or whatever crazy people call it when they kill completely innocent people. The rest of us normal people in the world can't get inside of their heads - because we are normal. Thank God!!!

Lera213
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780

video

Woman charged in boy's murder speaks out

Patty G
12-31-2010, 12:08 AM
After she realized there were charred human remains in it? And then left it at her residence along with all the other burned items to be found by detectives?

If it was discarded, where, and then let them print it. MOO

Perhaps LE already has a container; perhaps a large trash can already that we might not even know about.

What IF it was really dark outside, she emptied out the container, of which, is not hot to the touch, but just normal in temperature. She drives to the area where she plans to dump the container and it is dark outside. She empties the container, doesn't smell anything with regards to decomp as she is drunk. Leaves the area, dumps the container somewhere OR even brings it home.

Perhaps residue from the charred remains are still in the container, the residue is on the rug that might appear to be burned etc., etc.

Anything is possible.

Kimster
12-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Where is the report that he was found in a container? Hmmmm???

"Houston police received a call at about 9:30am. There were reports of a body in a dumpster, but it appears instead to be partially concealed in a drainage culvert surrounded by grass, just off the road. The scene is in an industrial area in the 900 block of East Hardy. "

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7867856

Kimster
12-31-2010, 12:10 AM
PattyG, I wrote that last post before I saw yours. It wasn't in response to what you posted. :blowkiss:

salvarenga
12-31-2010, 12:11 AM
if the parents had brought their boss home to dinner and the boss killied the child - the only person who is responsible is the killer. the parents have been cleared. they are victims.

I'm not talking about bringing someone over for an innocent dinner. I am talking about bringing over a drug addict to do drugs with. That is a completely different thing. And again I would like it noted that I said IF it turned out to be true that that is how MN was brought into JF's life.

I am a parent. As a parent, I am 100% responsible for the people that I bring into my child's life. A set of drug abusing parents bringing another drug abuser into the home where a child is present is irresponsible.

Bee Happy
12-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Slide show of Mona's different looks. Some of them are very manly!

http://www.click2houston.com/slidesh...86/detail.html (http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/26320186/detail.html)

Lera213
12-31-2010, 12:14 AM
5 grandkids and she had children, not a total lesbian they state her high school, her sister spoke out too. time to get to work searching her home town where she went to high school

2anthro
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Don't know about this case but do know about 2 cases where little boys were tortured and murdered by gay women.

These women had been brutalized by their fathers over a length of time starting when the women were very small girls.

The crimes were in revenge for their fathers' actions. Both women were partners of the boys' mothers. The mothers also participated.

MN's track record seems extremely distorted and hostile.

krista
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Perhaps LE already has a container; perhaps a large trash can already that we might not even know about.

What IF it was really dark outside, she emptied out the container, of which, is not hot to the touch, but just normal in temperature. She drives to the area where she plans to dump the container and it is dark outside. She empties the container, doesn't smell anything with regards to decomp as she is drunk. Leaves the area, dumps the container somewhere OR even brings it home.

Perhaps residue from the charred remains are still in the container, the residue is on the rug that might appear to be burned etc., etc.

Anything is possible.

But if you are so drunk you don't smell a VERY powerful and distinct smell, could you even drive to begin with?? Plus, LE has said that there is evidence INSIDE the home, including burned carpet and ties matching those found around JF's wrists.

mysticrose
12-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Police: 12-yr-old Houston boy's killer a 'soulless murderer', showed no remorse

SNIP.............................................. ............

Authorities have also revealed Nelson has an extensive criminal record dating back almost 25 years. FortBendNow.com provided the following record of arrests:

•1986: Nelson was convicted of aggravated robbery in Harris County and sentenced to 10 years on prison.
•1991: Nelson was arrested by the Border Patrol at a checkpoint in Kenedy County for attempting to smuggle five illegal aliens from Mexico.
•1997: Nelson was convicted of theft by check in Daingerfield. That same year, she was also found guilty of theft in Mount Vernon, and served 30 days in jail.
•1998: Nelson was arrested for operating a stolen vehicle.
•2001: Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and served 29 days of a 30-day sentence
•2002: Nelson was convicted of possession of marijuana in Collin County.
•2004: Nelson was convicted of making a terroristic threat in Mount Vernon, Va.
•2005: Nelson was convicted of criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, Va.
•2006: Nelson was arrested on a battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
•2008: Nelson was arrested on a charge of assault on a family member in Mount Pleasant.
Nelson remains in jail without bond

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/police-12-yr-old-houston-boy-s-killer-a-soulless-murderer-showed-no-remorse

lisser
12-31-2010, 12:16 AM

Anything is possible.

Respectfully...are you playing devil's advocate, or do you believe that she may be innocent? Do you think DD, who has been cleared by LE had something to do with it, aside from living in close proximity to MN?

LE already has a large trash can with residue in it, along with evidence that the residence is where he was burned.

They also have video showing the accused taking a body, not a container, out of the bed of the truck before dumping him in the ditch.

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Woman-charged-in-boys-death-a-cold-soulless-murderer-112682194.html

MOO is that she knew exactly what and who she was dumping and is trying to take someone, anyone else, down with her.

sherbetjello
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM

video

Woman charged in boy's murder speaks out

First, 2:15 in this video, how do you dump the remains of a burned body into a ditch from a plastic container? How was this container not hot or melt? Why isn't there any type of evidence of a fire or burning in the homes of the others she is trying to take down?

Also, now I think it was bad wording for them to implicate Mona in any other cases because I do believe that Q, and anyone else that is now in her corner, is going to use this... and they are going to play on this... and this is going to be a bleeping circus.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Wasn't a large trash can (found at MNs house) brought up by HPD at the presser today?

Lera213
12-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Bel Air High school but did not graduate. Bel Air School is in El Paso Texas

She has two 26 year old twins a boy and girl

She has 5 grandkids

Sister is AJ

all this info was taken from the video http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780

maconrich
12-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Any doubts I had about her doing this on her own are now gone. Her lame ass accusations /story sealed the deal for me.

Redbird
12-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Actually Redbird, I had been thinking about this today A LOT!!!! I think MN was a sociopath that was in a current state of decomposition. I believe she had melted down and was completely willing to go along with the crazy violent thoughts in her head. In my opinion, Jonathan had encountered her in a brief previous instance that was negative in her mind. She decided to "seek justice" or "get even" or whatever crazy people call it when they kill completely innocent people. The rest of us normal people in the world can't get inside of their heads - because we are normal. Thank God!!!

This case is moving so fast I had forgotten how fast she dumped the body. I think your explanation is a good one. Or could she have even been proud of what she had done and wanted people to see it. She is such a psychopath and so calculating, I don't think she was drinking. Steroids maybe, but I think she was running on pure evil.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 12:23 AM
But if you are so drunk you don't smell a VERY powerful and distinct smell, could you even drive to begin with?? Plus, LE has said that there is evidence INSIDE the home, including burned carpet and ties matching those found around JF's wrists.

If the body is encased in a garbage can with the lid on it and placed in back of a opened bed of a pick up truck chances are she would be able to drive and not smell anything.

Regarding the twine, well can't honesty say one way or another until I know more about the testing. We all have some sort of twine around the house.

The burnt rug, that depends also on how bad the rug was burnt, was it a little bit, or a very large area.

I have had burnt marks on my rugs over time from candles, cigarettes burns, etc. I moved into apartments that had burnt marks on them too!

This is why I have felt from the onset that she didn't act alone.

JMO

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
"I didn't know what was in it until they were showing me pictures in the interrogation room," Nelson said.

But the body, police say, was not found in a plastic container.

Investigators believe Nelson acted on her own. They say all family members have alibis.

Her story is unbelievable. Plus they have a video tape of her taking a burnt child's body out of the back of her truck and putting it in the ditch. No plastic container in the video or found with the body. LE did not fabricate the video.

tehcloser
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
I hope everyone has taken their blood pressure meds........calm down. This is Texas. We do everything in a big circus type way. There will be activist, lawyers and mayors...Oh my! But in the end, know that by golly...this here state is a big believer in that little old death penalty thang...and she will get hers.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Respectfully...are you playing devil's advocate, or do you believe that she may be innocent? Do you think DD, who has been cleared by LE had something to do with it, aside from living in close proximity to MN?

LE already has a large trash can with residue in it, along with evidence that the residence is where he was burned.

They also have video showing the accused taking a body, not a container, out of the bed of the truck before dumping him in the ditch.

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Woman-charged-in-boys-death-a-cold-soulless-murderer-112682194.html

MOO is that she knew exactly what and who she was dumping and is trying to take someone, anyone else, down with her.

I don't play at all.

I don't feel she acted alone; it's just that simple.

She could have emptied the container before she even got to the spot.

I just don't run right to the end of the story. I go page by page and at times I have to read the pages again. This is just how I am.

I can't state who I feel is involved as it is against the rules although I have stated them earlier before the arrest.

jadejazzkayla
12-31-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm not talking about bringing someone over for an innocent dinner. I am talking about bringing over a drug addict to do drugs with. That is a completely different thing. And again I would like it noted that I said IF it turned out to be true that that is how MN was brought into JF's life.

I am a parent. As a parent, I am 100% responsible for the people that I bring into my child's life. A set of drug abusing parents bringing another drug abuser into the home where a child is present is irresponsible.

if the boss killed my kid - the boss is responsible for killing my kid. if i invited the boss to my home for dinner and the boss killed my kid - the boss is responsible for murder and i am innocent. the dinner can not be innocent or guilty.

Pensfan
12-31-2010, 12:30 AM
The reporter did say she had tears as she talked. :violin:
Interesting.

Women serial killers-Kehler Typology
Revenge killer
-obsession driven (love, hate, or jealousy)
-victims are usually family or a member of a group that the killer believes to be offensive in some way
-generally shows remorse after arrest
-usually kill 3-4 victims over 2 years
http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/serial-killers-introduction/kehler-typology/types/

salvarenga
12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
I don't play at all.

I just don't run right to the end of the story. I go page by page and at times I have to read the pages again. This is just how I am.

I can't state who I feel is involved as it is against the rules although I have stated them earlier before the arrest.

I hope the police are keeping an open mind. JF could have been killed in the home with the help of someone else. But then MN could have agreed to take the body and dispose of it. Perhaps she took the dead child's body somewhere, torched it to make it not recognizable and then disposed of it.

It has not been stated that anyone saw JF walk out with MN. His body could have been carried out.

lisser
12-31-2010, 12:34 AM
I don't play at all.

I agree it requires thought and due diligence before forming opinions, which is why I mostly keep mine to myself until I have the bulk of the story.

She may very well have an accomplice, but imho, just from what LE has stated, her residence is the one that the burning was done at, and that makes her sitting very much in the right place tonight.

ETA: if she removed the body from a container prior to the dump, then she is lying to the public by saying that she didn't know what was in the container when she dumped it.

salvarenga
12-31-2010, 12:34 AM
if the boss killed my kid - the boss is responsible for killing my kid. if i invited the boss to my home for dinner and the boss killed my kid - the boss is responsible for murder and i am innocent. the dinner can not be innocent or guilty.

You are missing my whole point. I am not talking about an innocent dinner. I am talking about people getting together to do drugs. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

My point is, as a parent you are responsible for who you bring into your child's life. If you are a drug addict and choose to bring other drug addicts into your home.....well then, IMO, nothing good is EVER going to come of that. Sure the child may not end of dead everytime but damage whether it be neglect, abuse, etc. is bound to happen.

Penelope
12-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Reading this..

"Quannel X says David Davis paid Nelson $20 to throw away the container. Nelson told Quannel X she didn't know what was in the container because she was drunk."

.. made me livid.
So, tell me Q, Mona took a flaming hot container (at least 6000 degrees) moved it, then opened it and thought "shiiii, this is a child in here." Leaves it, says nothing, does not report SD (why, too drunk? that's REALLY DRUNK!!), and then goes back to the house the mother of a missing child is staying.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE.
I am going to get a time out or ban in this case.

*SITTING ON HANDS*

This somewhat reminds me of New York's Tawana Brawley case where three African-American activists (including Al Sharpton) got involved in the case and blamed what happened to Ms. Brawley on everyone else. It was eventually revealed that Tawana had lied about everything. (link here (http://www.slate.com/id/2087557/)) Of course, this case is much more serious and horrifying as an innocent 12-year old boy is dead due to the suspect's alleged actions.
IMHO-- Q needs to tread very carefully here lest he get burned.

kalekona
12-31-2010, 12:40 AM

Anything is possible.

Except the witness who spotted the remains spotted a "Body" not a container.
And it was made clear there was NO container found and LE was clear that everyone she tried to implicate has been cleared.

mendz
12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
quanell x coming into the mix is just wrong. this is not a race issue, its not a human rights issue (except for the fact that jonathan's rights were taken from him). the video speaks for itself and if there is more to the story, mona needs to start talking. this $20 to to dump a container stuff ain't gonna fly...IMO

Dear Prudence
Bel Air High school but did not graduate. Bel Air School is in El Paso Texas

She has two 26 year old twins a boy and girl

She has 5 grandkids

Sister is AJ

all this info was taken from the video http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780

Pretty sure the reporter meant Bellaire High School in Houston.

Patty G
I agree it requires thought and due diligence before forming opinions, which is why I mostly keep mine to myself until I have the bulk of the story.

She may very well have an accomplice, but imho, just from what LE has stated, her residence is the one that the burning was done at, and that makes her sitting very much in the right place tonight.

ETA: if she removed the body from a container prior to the dump, then she is lying to the public by saying that she didn't know what was in the container when she dumped it.

It is very possible she was not aware of what was in the container. According to the person that spotted the remains, IIRC, he/she thought it was burned debris.

sarx
You are missing my whole point. I am not talking about an innocent dinner. I am talking about people getting together to do drugs. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

My point is, as a parent you are responsible for who you bring into your child's life. If you are a drug addict and choose to bring other drug addicts into your home.....well then, IMO, nothing good is EVER going to come of that. Sure the child may not end of dead everytime but damage whether it be neglect, abuse, etc. is bound to happen.

Did I miss it? Do we have confirmation via MSM that family members were doing drugs and there was neglect? To my knowledge the family members are innocent members in this as it stands now?

Patty G
12-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Except the witness who spotted the remains spotted a "Body" not a container.
And it was made clear there was NO container found and LE was clear that everyone she tried to implicate has been cleared.

I thought it was stated it appeared to be "burned debris/trash" on first observation. I could be wrong in my recollection.

bessie
Interesting.

Women serial killers-Kehler Typology
Revenge killer
-obsession driven (love, hate, or jealousy)
-victims are usually family or a member of a group that the killer believes to be offensive in some way
-generally shows remorse after arrest
-usually kill 3-4 victims over 2 years
http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/serial-killers-introduction/kehler-typology/types/

I'm way behind on this case, and I'm sure this has been mentioned. But FWIW (and it might be academic) I'm wondering if the fact that it was Christmas Eve played into her motivation. Bitterness, old wounds, bad childhood experience. Killing a child is horrible in itself, but to do so on Christmas Eve, well, I can't believe that was a coincidence. Are there any other unsolved Christmas Eve murders or child abductions in Texas? Virginia?

sarx
It is very possible she was not aware of what was in the container. According to the person that spotted the remains, IIRC, he/she thought it was burned debris.

Her sense of smell must have been knocked out of her during her fighting days then....

mendz
12-31-2010, 12:46 AM

no disrespect intended but...come on! she is captured on video disposing of the body! i agree this does not mean she killed him, however, she needs to say something better than "she was disposing of a container". a 5 year old could concoct a better story than that.

lisser
12-31-2010, 12:47 AM
I thought it was stated it appeared to be "burned debris/trash" on first observation. I could be wrong in my recollection.

I think you are right that what was spotted was described as burned debris, but we don't know how close that witness was, and how close or seasoned you would need to be to determine it was a body.

salvarenga
12-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Did I miss it? Do we have confirmation via MSM that family members were doing drugs and there was neglect? To my knowledge the family members are innocent members in this as it stands now?

Ugh, In my original post I was referring to Mr. X's statement about MN saying that they (MN, AD, DD) got together to do drugs and drink. I also stated IF that turned out to be true. I did not state it as fact.

And for the records JF's uncle has stated in MSM that AD had a drug problem. That has also been posted in these threads today.

Do you think that doing drugs around children is not neglectful?

Breathe
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM

I pray that DD didn't give her a $20 bill for pizza, beer or whatever that have his fingerprints on it. That would suck. This family has been through enough.

Amster
12-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Slide show of Mona's different looks. Some of them are very manly!

http://www.click2houston.com/slidesh...86/detail.html (http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/26320186/detail.html)

WOW! She has those side dreadlocks just like described in the Chicago case! And...she is definitely very masculine looking!

lynnb
12-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Is LE saying that Mona abducted an alive Jonathan and then drove him to her house?
If that is the case, wouldn't there be DNA evidence of Jonathan having been in that truck?

maureen718
12-31-2010, 12:52 AM
wow, several of the slideshow photos look like the sketch, and the ones that really bear resemblance are from 2007 and 2008

kalekona
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM

So by that same train of thought if a child is killed in a drive by gang shooting it is the parents fault because they chose to live in the neighborhood.

The very real fact is a parent can NEVER protect their child from all harm no matter how hard they try, bad things happen everyday even to the children of "good" parents who do everything "right".

Patty G
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
no disrespect intended but...come on! she is captured on video disposing of the body! i agree this does not mean she killed him, however, she needs to say something better than "she was disposing of a container". a 5 year old could concoct a better story than that.

I have to go and listen or read what the individual who met with Mona stated. I am only going on what I thought I heard, she was asked to dispose of a container for $20.00 by DD.

Did she state in the interview that she disposed the container at the site where she was spotted on video or did she just say she was asked to dispose of the container for $20.00?

I wonder if the individual asked Mona if she took the container to the site considering LE claims there was no container at the site? Lots of unanswered questions.

jadejazzkayla
12-31-2010, 12:56 AM

you are correct sarx. the parents of jonathan are not suspects in his murder. mona is.

mendz
12-31-2010, 12:58 AM
ok, i probably need a break but - $20?! seriously?! NO WAY, DON'T BUY IT, NOT HAPPENING!

Kimster
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Posts about Mona possibly being responsible in other crimes goes here: Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please refrain from statements that the family's lifestyle led to Jonathan's murder. If you'd like to start a thread about drugs and partying and how that is dangerous for children, we have a Jury Room or a parenting forum in the private member area. :tyou:

We need to be respectful to the family here. They could be reading.

Patty G
Her sense of smell must have been knocked out of her during her fighting days then....

Now you bring up a very good point. She could very well have had damage to her sinuses, or an area to the brain that could cause her to lose her sense of smell.

I know someone who was in a car accident and lost the ability to smell anything or taste anything.

kalekona
Ugh, In my original post I was referring to Mr. X's statement about MN saying that they (MN, AD, DD) got together to do drugs and drink. I also stated IF that turned out to be true. I did not state it as fact.

And for the records JF's uncle has stated in MSM that AD had a drug problem. That has also been posted in these threads today.

And her drug issues is the reason why she sent the kids to live away from her.

epiphany
SDad took and passed a poly according to AD, and police say Nelson acted alone.

Appears that AD was telling the truth about SDad passing the poly.

2anthro
12-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Do you think the stun gun in her truck could have contributed to the LEO considering that she may have murdered before?

sarx
12-31-2010, 01:00 AM

I absolutely do, but I do not think that we should be dragging her or him for that matter through the mud until we have solid information on this rumor. Right now she is a grieving mother and should be left alone until such time that it is proved otherwise. That's not just my opinion, that is WS rules as well.

lisser
12-31-2010, 01:01 AM
I have to go and listen or read what the individual who met with Mona stated. I am only going on what I thought I heard, she was asked to dispose of a container for $20.00 by DD.

Did she state in the interview that she disposed the container at the site where she was spotted on video or did she just say she was asked to dispose of the container for $20.00?

I wonder if the individual asked Mona if she took the container to the site considering LE claims there was no container at the site? Lots of unanswered questions.

btw, (I don't recommend doing this)... I just googled some pictures of burned human remains...even the unrecognizable ones still had some semblance of human features. If LE was able to determine that there was twine around this poor little guys wrists, IMO she would have known she was dumping a body.

Amster
12-31-2010, 01:02 AM

What container?

alsmom
12-31-2010, 01:04 AM

She's also going to have to explain the other evidence found at HER home.

georgiajean
12-31-2010, 01:05 AM
WOW! She has those side dreadlocks just like described in the Chicago case! And...she is definitely very masculine looking!

I was just going to post this! If you flipped the negative of the picture, and overlapped it onto the suspect drawing for the Chicago case, Hmmmmm.

(It's picture #7 on the slide show) http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/26320186/detail.html

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:06 AM

What container? Again, the body was not found in any container. If she were dumping a body in a container, where did the container go?

Patty G
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
What container?

The container comes from the interview Mona did today and talked about a container she was asked to get rid of.

Kimster
I was just going to post this! If you flipped the negative of the picture, and overlapped it onto the suspect drawing for the Chicago case, Hmmmmm.

(It's picture #7 on the slide show) http://www.click2houston.com/slideshow/news/26320186/detail.html

Wrong thread kiddos: Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm trying to get this one back on track. This one is about Jonathan, not other cases.

lynnb
Do you think the stun gun in her truck could have contributed to the LEO considering that she may have murdered before?

I totally missed that. MN had a stun gun in her truck?

tehcloser
ay up, this is going to drive the Mods bonkers.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 01:08 AM
What container? Again, the body was not found in any container. If she were dumping a body in a container, where did the container go?

I know the body was not found in a container. The discussion is about the container Mona stated in her interview.

ETA: I gave some of my thoughts with regards to the container in my earlier posts.

Pensfan
12-31-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm way behind on this case, and I'm sure this has been mentioned. But FWIW (and it might be academic) I'm wondering if the fact that it was Christmas Eve played into her motivation. Bitterness, old wounds, bad childhood experience. Killing a child is horrible in itself, but to do so on Christmas Eve, well, I can't believe that was a coincidence. Are there any other unsolved Christmas Eve murders or child abductions in Texas? Virginia?

(It is not known if MN has killed before. It was suggested by a LE officer.)

Conflict and the depression stage are the events that trigger the serial killer into action. It can be conflict with females, parental conflict, financial stress, marital problems, conflict with males, birth of a child, physical injury, legal problems, stress from a death, and etc...

As the emotional high from a murder ends for the serial killer, a depression stage sets in. This is an additional stressor that triggers the killer’s murdering cycle.

An excellent reference:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/straw_11.html

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:11 AM
I know the body was not found in a container. The discussion is about the container Mona stated in her interview.

Just because she claimed there was a container doesn't mean it actually exists.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
She's also going to have to explain the other evidence found at HER home.

As well as the witness who saw MN and her truck at J's home at the time of his disappearance (MN has said she saw J at around 12:30).

mendz
12-31-2010, 01:12 AM

the individual who met with her is quanell x, that means less than than squat to me. seriously, what container?

LandAuxvasse
12-31-2010, 01:13 AM

WARNING MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC!!

I agree that things can certainly be viewed the way you're stating you believe. I think, though, that in that situation, I would have to believe that IF she received his body (already passed) that she then took him to her house and preceded to mutilate the body. I don't think she can deny that (and it sounds like she is). The video surveillance shows her getting out of her vehicle, retrieving the body from the bed of the truck, and then placing it into the ditch (per press release). I would also have to believe, then, that the press release was some sort of set up for the accomplice/true murderer. Are there any cases where this has really happened? Where LE has lied or twisted the truth in a presser?

MOO :twocents:

lisser
12-31-2010, 01:14 AM
the individual who met with her is quanell x, that means less than than squat to me. seriously, what container?

According to Q via MN, she was paid $20 to dump a container, which she was too drunk to realize contained a body.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Just because she claimed there was a container doesn't mean it actually exists.

IIRC, LE took a trash can/barrell into evidence, so it's possible there was a "container" = trash can/barrel.

If I am mistaken regarding LE taking a trash can into evidence, please let me know as I am on overload. I thought this was stated at the press conference.

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 01:15 AM

ETA: I gave some of my thoughts with regards to the container in my earlier posts.

But no container was found anywhere. Not with the remains, or at Mona's house or truck. Where do you think she transferred the contents of the container and then got rid of the container before discarding the remains?

lynnb
12-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Could we get a little more info on the supposed stun gun in the truck please?

sarx
Did she happen to say when she picked up this supposed "container"? Kind of a tight timeline don't ya think?

sherbetjello
But no container was found anywhere. Not with the remains, or at Mona's house or truck. Where do you think she transferred the contents of the container and then got rid of the container before discarding the remains?

and why she would do that and just waltz back into the house of a missing child?

non sense.

Noway
12-31-2010, 01:17 AM

IIRC, on the surveillance, she dumped only his body, no container. It will be hard to justify this statement if the surveillance clearly shows no container. Because if she disposed of the container separately, she removed the contents.

tehcloser
12-31-2010, 01:17 AM
wrong thread kiddos: is mona nelson of houston tx a serial killer? - websleuths crime sleuthing community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123949)

i'm trying to get this one back on track. This one is about jonathan, not other cases.

bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

lisser
12-31-2010, 01:18 AM
IIRC, LE took a trash can/barrell into evidence, so it's possible there was a "container" = trash can/barrel.

If I am mistaken regarding LE taking a trash can into evidence, please let me know as I am on overload. I thought this was stated at the press conference.

I referenced a news link in one of my earlier posts that confirms the trash can. It is being used as evidence that that is where JF was burned. He would have been removed from that and placed in the bed of her truck.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:18 AM
According to Q via MN, she was paid $20 to dump a container, which she was too drunk to realize contained a body.

If she is so drunk how is that she is driving around?

Amster
12-31-2010, 01:19 AM
The container comes from the interview Mona did today and talked about a container she was asked to get rid of.

Supposedly given to her along with $20 by DD? Hopefully, she'll dredge up some memory of where she left the container. Wasn't with the body. Wasn't in her truck. Wasn't in her house....unless it was a trashcan.....maybe she returned it to DD. Oh! And, I wonder if he borrowed her welding torches? Surely, LE has checked this out. And, for some reason, they aren't buying what she's trying to sell. But, we'll see, I guess. It's still early in the investigation.

Noway
12-31-2010, 01:20 AM
Investigators also found burned carpet at Nelson's apartment, twine that appeared to match the string used to bind Jonathan's hands, and a stun-gun in the glove compartment of Nelson's truck, Miller said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

There are other articles; I just Googled her name and stun gun.

tehcloser
12-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Investigators also found burned carpet at Nelson's apartment, twine that appeared to match the string used to bind Jonathan's hands, and a stun-gun in the glove compartment of Nelson's truck, Miller said.

Man, everyone in that area must have a stun gun. Our local said the SD and baby sitter had one too.

Patty G
WARNING MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC!!

I agree that things can certainly be viewed the way you're stating you believe. I think, though, that in that situation, I would have to believe that IF she received his body (already passed) that she then took him to her house and preceded to mutilate the body. I don't think she can deny that (and it sounds like she is). The video surveillance shows her getting out of her vehicle, retrieving the body from the bed of the truck, and then placing it into the ditch (per press release). I would also have to believe, then, that the press release was some sort of set up for the accomplice/true murderer. Are there any cases where this has really happened? Where LE has lied or twisted the truth in a presser?

MOO :twocents:
Anything is possible with regards to Mona doing something after the death.

I have no clue if there ever was a presser where LE has lied or twisted the truth in a presser. I am only familiar with "sources close to the investigation" that twist things. :)

belimom
I referenced a news link in one of my earlier posts that confirms the trash can. It is being used as evidence that that is where JF was burned. He would have been removed from that and placed in the bed of her truck.

She says plastic container in her interview, correct? If the container LE found was used to burn JF's remains with a torch at 6000 degrees, then it sure wasn't a plastic one.

Breathe

That explains a lot. Thanks for posting.

sherbetjello
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM
"She breezily signed consent forms allowing authorities to search her truck and home, Officer Mike Miller said, and showed no emotion even when told she was being charged with capital murder in the slaying of Jonathan, who vanished from his northwest Houston home on Christmas Eve."

Question: Do you think that perps act like this because they have a "plan" worked out in their head? That she requested this Q person, as well as the report in this article, really sets it up like she has had this all mapped out.

Noway
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM
I need to go back and catch up end of last thread but saw that Amanda had compiled photos in this case. (Thank you, Amanda!)

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jonathan%20Foster%20%20-TX-/

belimom
12-31-2010, 01:25 AM
It just dawned on me that if it was in fact Mona that was the woman with the raspy voice, and she spent part of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day around AD and DD, then wouldn't AD recognize that voice?

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:26 AM
"She breezily signed consent forms allowing authorities to search her truck and home, Officer Mike Miller said, and showed no emotion even when told she was being charged with capital murder in the slaying of Jonathan, who vanished from his northwest Houston home on Christmas Eve."

Question: Do you think that perps act like this because they have a "plan" worked out in their head? That she requested this Q person, as well as the report in this article, really sets it up like she has had this all mapped out.
Who knows.
She sure didn't serve much time on her criminal record, getting probation, parole and such. Maybe she is expecting more of the same.

lisser
12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
It just dawned on me that if it was in fact Mona that was the woman with the raspy voice, and she spent part of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day around AD and DD, then wouldn't AD recognize that voice?

You would think, but some phone voices sound very different in person.

sherbetjello
12-31-2010, 01:29 AM
"Arson dogs detected no accelerate on Jonathan's body, he said, adding that Nelson possibly used welding torches at her home. An autopsy found no soot in the boy's lungs, so Miller said Jonathan likely was not alive when he was burned."

This news kind of makes me feel better, but not really. Don't know if this has been posted, if so I looked over it.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 01:29 AM

added to the list of confusion is MN's sister claiming that Mona spent Christmas Day with her. 3:10 into the video
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780&rss=rss-twitter%20-ktrk-article-7872780

Amster
12-31-2010, 01:30 AM

You would think so...the phone calls are hinky, anyway.

gypsyblue
did anyone hear that le said that a witness placed mona at the home at 12:30? ty

A_News_Junkie
Here are some of my unresolved questions.
1. Has anyone seen where LE took anything other than the welding torch thing (do not know the name of it) and the broom? IE: the mountain of evidence - the can - the carpet - did they collect these items?

2. 3:15 hours is maybe enough time to do all that, but would the body remain hot to the touch for a period of time and not be able to be moved?

3. What time was she back over at mom house that night?

4. If she burned him - would the smell be transferred to her? If yes, she would need a shower too in the time line.

5. Why did the officer mention greed today - certainly 20 dollars would not qualify.

I just wonder how she did do this alone in this time frame?

Please don't shoot me for asking questions!!!!

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:31 AM
You would think so...the phone calls are hinky, anyway.

The phone call business is very strange. If she knew the family, and presumably it's her who was on the phone since she is the suspect, why the question "is your mother's name Angela?" Presumably Mona would know the mother's name is Angela, especially if she was hanging out with them as she seemed to claim through this activist person.
I wonder how accurate mother's recollection is of what the phone calls were.

georgiajean
12-31-2010, 01:32 AM
I hope QX was brought in to stir things up and shake out the truth, and that he is not truly believing her trail of moldy crumbs.

If there is an accomplice who has somehow scooted under the radar of the LE, hopefully all this new info will cause them to take a wrong step and expose himself or herself.

I keep thinking of those pictures of JF with his cousins, 4-wheeling and admiring their Halloween loot. I am very glad those memories exist for his family.

Jolynna
12-31-2010, 01:33 AM

You'd think that when MN might have told the police about the container big enough to contain a child's body that she'd dumped for DD the same night a child went missing.

IF MN thought that she'd dumped a perfectly innocent package out along the road, why'd she tell LE that her truck hadn't been in that area that Friday night?

Since MN was even trying to hide the fact that she owned the truck that she'd used to dump Jonathan's remains from, she must have known what was in the container. Who'd dump a body for a crummy $20?

Plus DD's timeline checked out. According to Angela, he passed a poly. There weren't burn marks in the cottage OR in DD's place. DD's car will be cleared after being inspected by forensics. I doubt MN's truck will be. Her house already flunked. Fibers matching her carpet were all over the body. SHE was the one with the blow torch.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
I hope QX was brought in to stir things up and shake out the truth, and that he is not truly believing her trail of moldy crumbs.

If there is an accomplice who has somehow scooted under the radar of the LE, hopefully all this new info will cause them to take a wrong step and expose himself or herself.

I keep thinking of those pictures of JF with his cousins, 4-wheeling and admiring their Halloween loot. I am very glad those memories exist for his family.

He was brought in because Mona requested him.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
just knew there had to be a RSO in this story somewhere.
Nelson said she'd been living in Cookville in East Texas since January 1985, in a house owned by her father-in-law, Clyde Nelson, a sex offender who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl in August 1985. A probation officer who visited the home in September 1985 reported the home was clean and Nelson's children appeared well cared-for.

just wanted to add....is this the same ex father in law that was interviewed earlier?

sarx
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
She says plastic container in her interview, correct? If the container LE found was used to burn JF's remains with a torch at 6000 degrees, then it sure wasn't a plastic one.

WARNING GRAPHIC NATURE

Just to further on this...
To my knowledge only a large welding torch is going to put out that kind of heat. A more likely tool would have been a hand torch which is going to heat up to somewhere between 1700 and 3500 degrees. Any and all would melt plastic and any of those temps would also cause damage to a metal can depending on length of time.

I find it interesting that they talked about twine binding his hands. This to me says that there was still traces of it left, which would mean either lower heat and/or shorter time.

Salem
12-31-2010, 01:37 AM
Please remember that the parents are victims in this case. While some discussion of drug use, based on media reports, is allowed, at this point in time LE has given NO indication that either parent knew MN or that they socialized with her.

The Roommate has stated in MSM that she was the one that knew MN and it was through her that the parents met MN. LE has given NO indication that drugs, partying, etc. was involved here. IN FACT - LE has given very STRONG indications that this ________ acted alone with evil and malicious intent. Trying to make it the family's fault is inappropriate unless or until LE changes their stance on what happened here.

Salem

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:38 AM
You'd think that when MN might have told the police about the container big enough to contain a child's body that she'd dumped for DD the same night a child went missing.

IF MN thought that she'd dumped a perfectly innocent package out along the road, why'd she tell LE that her truck hadn't been in that area that Friday night?

Since MN was even trying to hide the fact that she owned the truck that she'd used to dump Jonathan's remains from, she must have known what was in the container. Who'd dump a body for a crummy $20?

Plus DD's timeline checked out. According to Angela, he passed a poly. There weren't burn marks in the cottage OR in DD's place. DD's car will be cleared after being inspected by forensics.I doubt MN's truck will be.

While we don't know any details, I believe it's quite possible the step father has a good alibi for the timeline in question. Since police always investigate family members of a missing child, I have no doubt police would have checked where the step-father was. Maybe they even got the step-father on video somewhere at the time in question.

sarx
12-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Yes, and just maybe they have video of her removing his poor little body out of the back of her truck with no container making it very clear that she "knew" exactly what she was handling.

debirlfan
12-31-2010, 01:42 AM

People often sound different on the phone -and it's always possible she was intentionally disguising her voice when she was on the phone. Add to that the fact that mom and sd were presumably very upset/near hysteria (especially the mother) and it's understandable that Mona's voice wasn't recognized. Besides - who would expect the perp to come wandering in and claim to have seen the child that morning?

Pensfan
12-31-2010, 01:43 AM
and why she would do that and just waltz back into the house of a missing child?

non sense.

She could have re-involved herself in the crime scene for any or all of these reasons:
1. Fantasy plays a large role with serial killers and she could have been gathering info for her next disturbed one
2. Stalking the mom
3. The thrill/risk of being at the scene undetected
4. Reconnaissance on the danger of being caught
5. Has a compulsive disorder and revisiting crime scene relieves anxiety
6. Was obsessed with babysitter and/or the mom who were in the house

Patty G

Plus DD's timeline checked out. According to Angela, he passed a poly. There weren't burn marks in the cottage OR in DD's place. DD's car will be cleared after being inspected by forensics.I doubt MN's truck will be.

I don't think an individual with an extensive criminal background is going to call 911 and say "hey I was just asked to dump this container and it has a dead body in it". Nope

Did Mona tell LE she wasn't in the area and that she was trying to hide the fact she owed the truck? I have to admit I haven't read every article out there.

I sure wish LE would indicate who took a poly and who passed.

lynnb
While we don't know any details, I believe it's quite possible the step father has a good alibi for the timeline in question. Since police always investigate family members of a missing child, I have no doubt police would have checked where the step-father was. Maybe they even got the step-father on video somewhere at the time in question.
Not accusing anyone of anything, but I hope LE went outside this family to verify alibi's because we've all seen stories being told to cover butts since this started.

georgiajean
12-31-2010, 01:46 AM
just knew there had to be a RSO in this story somewhere.
Nelson said she'd been living in Cookville in East Texas since January 1985, in a house owned by her father-in-law, Clyde Nelson, a sex offender who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl in August 1985. A probation officer who visited the home in September 1985 reported the home was clean and Nelson's children appeared well cared-for.

just wanted to add....is this the same ex father in law that was interviewed earlier?

Thank you for posting this article. Lots here. The whole time line of her life, knowing when she married and had kids, etc. In 1983, to have twins born 3 months premature, I'm amazed the kids survived.
My opinion is it is the same ex-father in law...

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Not accusing anyone of anything, but I hope LE went outside this family to verify alibi's because we've all seen stories being told to cover butts since this started.

Since LE ruled him out very quickly, I presume his alibi is quite good, considering he did see the child before the child went missing. LE always checks out family members in case of a missing child, and I doubt he would have been ruled out so fast otherwise.

Hamsterdance
12-31-2010, 01:48 AM
WARNING GRAPHIC NATURE

To my knowledge only a large welding torch is going to put out that kind of heat. A more likely tool would have been a hand torch which is going to heat up to somewhere between 1700 and 3500 degrees. Any and all would melt plastic and any of those temps would also cause damage to a metal can depending on length of time.

I find it interesting that they talked about twine binding his hands. This to me says that there was still traces of it left, which would mean either lower heat and/or shorter time.

I was thinking that perhaps she put the twine on afterwards, to make transportation easier.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 01:48 AM
I was thinking that perhaps she put the twine on afterwards, to make transportation easier.

If twine was put on afterwards it wouldn't be burned.

bessie
12-31-2010, 01:49 AM
WARNING GRAPHIC NATURE

I know very little about welding torches. If the twine remained, would that indicate the torch was used on isolated parts of the body? I mean, no accelerants were used, so the body was not set aflame.

fran
12-31-2010, 01:50 AM
LE stated in the presser this afternoon that everyone MN tried to throw under the bus, they checked them out every which way and their entire days schedule and MN did this ALONE.

Not exact words, but that was the gist.

IMHO, LE has connected all of the dots!

JMHO
fran

Reannan

Maybe around the entire body, but not just the hands. Oh, I hate where my mind goes with this thought.... just hate it. :sick:

Curious Me
"Arson dogs detected no accelerate on Jonathan's body, he said, adding that Nelson possibly used welding torches at her home. An autopsy found no soot in the boy's lungs, so Miller said Jonathan likely was not alive when he was burned."

This news kind of makes me feel better, but not really. Don't know if this has been posted, if so I looked over it.

Thank You for posting it. It does make me feel better that it wasn't before he died. But I really know what you mean that it doesn't make you feel that good either. It's sad, sad, sad.

darlin gal
12-31-2010, 01:58 AM
HPD Captain David Gott said around 6pm Christmas Eve, surveillance video showed a silver truck pull up to a ditch outside of a building on East Hardy. A person can be seen getting out of the truck, taking a body out of the bed of the truck and placing it in on the ground.

. That same day, authorities searched her apartment. Torches and other welding tools were found inside Nelson's northwest Houston home. Authorities beleive Jonathan was taken there, killed and burned beyond recognition the same day within hours. Twine used to tie Jonathan was also found inside Nelson's home. His body laid in the culvert through the Christmas holiday until he was discovered on Tuesday.

sarx
12-31-2010, 01:58 AM
According to the article we now know that he was placed there at 6 pm.

or maybe we already knew that and I had just missed it!

sarx
12-31-2010, 02:00 AM
Oh for the love of all things good and mighty, I have managed to lose the media links thread again. These latest links should certainly go over there!

lynnb
12-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Since LE ruled him out very quickly, I presume his alibi is quite good, considering he did see the child before the child went missing. LE always checks out family members in case of a missing child, and I doubt he would have been ruled out so fast otherwise.

what I meant by my comment was could you imagine the backlash with the defense if it would come out that someone had a made up alibi....especially someone that the accused is accusing. KWIM?

maureen718
12-31-2010, 02:04 AM
does anyone know where the 'is mona nelson a serial killer' thread is? I can't find it

I found it

alsmom
12-31-2010, 02:07 AM
Posts about Mona possibly being responsible in other crimes goes here: Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123949)

Link in above quote.

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 02:11 AM

Yes, HPD released that info at the press conference today. If anyone has not seen it yet, it is a must. Our wonderful Patty G has the audio portion posted here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 02:18 AM
does anyone recall what time mona was seen at the house? ty

lynnb
12-31-2010, 02:21 AM
does anyone recall what time mona was seen at the house? ty

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html
Officers spoke to Nelson close to the time the body was found. She had spoken to Jonathan at about 12:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve, police said.

Crosby87
12-31-2010, 02:26 AM
Why did the step dad stop at SE's to check on Jonathan on the 24th of December? Didn't AD leave DD because he mistreated her son? Did AD ask him to go there? TIA

Melanie
12-31-2010, 02:30 AM

ahem, cough, cough -- didn't SD clearly state he had seen her around? Now we know he and bio-mom were partying and getting drunk with MN?

Why all the lies? This is a dead child we're talking about here.

OMG!

Mel

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 02:32 AM
Why did the step dad stop at SE's to check on Jonathan on the 24th of December? Didn't AD leave DD because he mistreated her son? Did AD ask him to go there? TIAnot sure dd was there... I saw LE say DD was there at 1:45....but maybe they recanted because according to neighbor and mona, LE I think stated today that mona was there at 12:30... :confused:

lynnb
12-31-2010, 02:38 AM
not sure dd was there... I saw LE say DD was there at 1:45....but maybe they recanted because according to neighbor and mona, LE I think stated today that mona was there at 12:30... :confused:

supposedly MN was there at 12:30 and left. stepdad comes at 1:45. all is fine. mom calls house about 2 and that is when raspy voiced woman answers. mom gets home and jonathan is gone.

Melanie
12-31-2010, 02:41 AM
Yes, and just maybe they have video of her removing his poor little body out of the back of her truck with no container making it very clear that she "knew" exactly what she was handling.

That's my thought too. She told that activist that SD gave her a container to dump and paid her 20 bucks. Then said she didn't know what was in the container because she was drunk.

but the video shows otherwise -- her carrying a body out of the back of the truck. She knew what was going on....

MOO

Mel

OneLove
12-31-2010, 02:42 AM
WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC QUESTIONS

Someone asked why law enforcement has brought up greed as a factor. Has pornography been considered, maybe even a snuff film (geez, that was really hard to type). Someone also asked why Christmas Eve, of all times, and I am wondering if there was any evidence of satanic worship. Christmas Eve is a "high holy" day for human sacrifice and often involves both blood and fire. This is thought to give a person great personal powers. Mizizzy posted a calendar of satanic ritual days and I have been hyper-vigilant on those days ever since. Some of the days on the calendar are even listed as days to CAPTURE a person for sacrifice and hold them for a later ritual date for the actual sacrifice. It is extremely chilling. It has also made me question if law enforcement is saying this is likely NOT Mona's first victim because they have found evidence of such involvement. I truly truly hope not, but am trying to be prepared. Each bit of news released so far has knocked the wind out of me. :-(

Melanie
12-31-2010, 02:47 AM

Could be. Does it upset anyone else that some folks in the media are now referring to her as a mother and grandmother....and the kids in the area called her momma. As if she's some sort of saint!

It made my stomach churn.

MOO

Mel

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Quanell X and jail house interviews before attorneys are not uncommon here...and they haven't affected the outcome of any sentence negatively, that I'm aware of...in fact, I tend to believe it's often a LE strategy.

Just google search him and houston jail house interviews / confessions...you might be surprised to see some of the positive influences he's had.

Also...don't forget Houston has live cameras all over the city. I'm sure that's how they know she went to her house first and then back to the "dump" site....and I would bet Quanell X knows that too...he'd have to!

So, IMO, even if it's not a strategy, then it still won't work.

everyoneneedsavoice,
I just now remembered that you posted as a close friend of Tynesha. Didn't Quanell X help to get her killer to confess. Did his role play a part in that trial? How do you feel about QX getting involved with this case? If you don't want to talk about it I understand.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 02:48 AM

IIRC, on the surveillance, she dumped only his body, no container. It will be hard to justify this statement if the surveillance clearly shows no container. Because if she disposed of the container separately, she removed the contents.

She is grasping at straws. The evidence counters her words. Does she have a lawyer yet? I am surprised they would let her make these statements on the news.

Something is still strange here. If she has committed these crimes before, why did she get so sloppy this time and leave a trail of evidence. Truthfully, I think she is ruthless but I don't think she is smart.

Melanie
12-31-2010, 02:54 AM

Someone asked why law enforcement has brought up greed as a factor. Has pornography been considered, maybe even a snuff film (geez, that was really hard to type). Someone also asked why Christmas Eve, of all times, and I am wondering if there was any evidence of satanic worship. Christmas Eve is a "high holy" day for human sacrifice and often involves both blood and fire. This is thought to give a person great personal powers. Mizizzy posted a calendar of satanic ritual days and I have been hyper-vigilant on those days ever since. Some of the days on the calendar are even listed as days to CAPTURE a person for sacrifice and hold them for a later ritual date for the actual sacrifice. It is extremely chilling. It has also made me question if law enforcement is saying this is likely NOT Mona's first victim because they have found evidence of such involvement. I truly truly hope not, but am trying to be prepared. Each bit of news released so far has knocked the wind out of me. :-(

I brought up the satanic worship early on, but it didn't go over very well. I agree with your post that Christmas Eve is the "grand climax" for satanists, which usually involves young boys. But we can only speculate as we don't know what her views on the occult are. Also, if this was/is the case, then she most likely didn't act alone, as a sacrifice is usually done in a group setting (Lord forgive me for even typing that).

MOO

Mel

OneLove
12-31-2010, 02:58 AM
I know how you feel about typing such awful things. :-(

If the satanic angle is true, it could explain why LE seems to feel she has acted before.

It could also explain the comments about her 'stalking' and planning this out, timing it precisely, such statements as that.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 02:59 AM
Could be. Does it upset anyone else that some folks in the media are now referring to her as a mother and grandmother....and the kids in the area called her momma. As if she's some sort of saint!

MOO

Mel

It bothers me but, truthfully, it doesn't help her and probably has the opposite affect -- like making your stomach churn. It does mine too.

What bothers me is Quannel X getting involved. Why is he promoting her obvious lie since the surveillance video proves she dumped a body and not a plastic tub, and she confessed to dumping this poor child's body when she was arrested.

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 03:02 AM
ahem, cough, cough -- didn't SD clearly state he had seen her around? Now we know he and bio-mom were partying and getting drunk with MN?Why all the lies? This is a dead child we're talking about here.

OMG!

Mel

bbm - No, no, no, that accusation came from the accused sitting in jail tonight. No one has said that but supposedly MN in a meeting with Quanell X and channel 13 news. Unless I've missed something.

OneLove
12-31-2010, 03:02 AM
It is possible that Quannel X is not "promoting her lie" as much as he is keeping her talking while she still does not have legal representation. :-)

Anything she says at this point can and will be used against her. :-)

JenRen
12-31-2010, 03:06 AM
It is possible that Quannel X is not "promoting her lie" as much as he is keeping her talking while she still does not have legal representation. :-)

I tend to agree with this. Is it normal to allow a new prisoner the ability to "request" a meeting with a non attorney?

Does anyone think LE said she requested this meeting, and maybe told her that QX requested to talk to her instead, to get them both together and make her slip up?

OneLove
12-31-2010, 03:08 AM
Don't know if it is "normal", but what a great thing to have a suspect talk freely with anyone that will keep them talking, especially if they say things that are easily proven to not be true. What a wealth of ammunition to use in court against her! The more she talks, the better.

JenRen
12-31-2010, 03:09 AM
No, I think you're spot on. It's our responsibility, as parents, to acknowledge and trust who we bring into our home. IMHO the mom and SD hold some accountability for bringing this MN around and partying with her (even though SD said he only saw her "around").

MOO

Mel

Respectively BBM. The ONLY person who has said they partied together is MN, and I don't exactly believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

Melanie
12-31-2010, 03:09 AM
bbm - No, no, no, that accusation came from the accused sitting in jail tonight. No one has said that but supposedly MN in a meeting with Quanell X and channel 13 news. Unless I've missed something.

You're right, I'm wrong! It was X that said that, not the dad. Sorry, my bad. It's hard to keep up - the thread is moving so fast.

Thanks!

Mel

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 03:10 AM

But she hasn't said anything. All the media showed was a reporter and Quanell X saying what she said to them. Were these jailhouse visits recorded and can they be used in trial? IDK

kalekona
12-31-2010, 03:15 AM
But she hasn't said anything. All the media showed was a reporter and Quanell X saying what she said to them. Were these jailhouse visits recorded and can they be used in trial? IDK

As long as they were not acting as agents of LE I'm pretty sure anything she said to Quanell and the reporter can be used in court. (and yes everything should have been recorded since neither is her legal council)

Openmind
12-31-2010, 03:23 AM

I don't see Quannel doing this especially on TV. I know a few years back he did get a father to confess to a terrible crime but that was to help recover the children's bodies. I guess he could be playing her along to get information but that doesn't really jive with his normal stance in the community.

txsvicki
12-31-2010, 03:26 AM
Instead of being a serial killer, could this Mona be an adult gang banger who killed Jonathan in some sort of retaliation for insulting her or some kid, or not doing something she wanted ?

Openmind
12-31-2010, 03:31 AM
As long as they were not acting as agents of LE I'm pretty sure anything she said to Quanell and the reporter can be used in court. (and yes everything should have been recorded since neither is her legal council)

Then the worrisome part to me is what will not be admitted because she didn't have counsel and they move to have it thrown out. This can cut two ways. Before this is all over, some lawyers will make much of this press. I don't think Quannel is working to help put her away.

impatientredhead
12-31-2010, 03:43 AM
Then the worrisome part to me is what will not be admitted because she didn't have counsel and they move to have it thrown out. This can cut two ways. Before this is all over, some lawyers will make much of this press. I don't think Quannel is working to help put her away.

Nothing said to a reporter or any other third party falls under protection. Even if she had made those statements to an attorney that then turned around and told them to a third party (like a reporter) her statements would not be protected.

Unless LE took her into custody, detained her against her will and either failed to inform her of her rights or continued to question her after she requested an attorney I wouldn't worry.

She is on video disposing of the body and buried in physical evidence. Had she chosen to remain silent she would be right where she is right now.

I do agree there will be many attention seekers attaching themselves to this case at all levels.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 03:44 AM
Instead of being a serial killer, could this Mona be an adult gang banger who killed Jonathan in some sort of retaliation for insulting her or some kid, or not doing something she wanted ?

I keep thinking of Tim Miller's comments yesterday that drugs are connected to the case. Hate to admit it but that somewhat endorses Quannel's comments as well, but the police have not implied this at all. Not even close. To me, the drug angle gives some connection to this woman and child other than her just randomly selecting this poor little boy to murder.

sherryk
12-31-2010, 03:49 AM

MOO

Mel

There are always people who come to the defense of the criminal. Those in the community who either refuse to believe she could do this or those who simply do not want to admitt what the facts state so far. It amazes me also, if they want to say she is a good person, maybe she portrayed herself as that but torches of welding tools and burns in carpet, video of her dropping body.. some protect their own kind.. friends.

Is there rumors of interviews with any one credible that sexual abuse or assault was involved or just pure evil or just to simply kill. The way the body was burned how in the world could she stomach that.

oh how sad and sickening.

nomoresorrow
12-31-2010, 04:03 AM
You're right, I'm wrong! It was X that said that, not the dad. Sorry, my bad. It's hard to keep up - the thread is moving so fast.

Thanks!

Mel

Just going off your post here - IMO, this is an example of why it is so important for parents/caretakers of a missing/abducted child to be 100% honest with LE from the get-go. Clearly if a parent will lie about where and/or who the child was with (or not with...) at the time they went missing/were abducted out of embarrassment, fear, or whatever other reason... it's not a stretch at all to think that they'd lie about current or prior associations or behavior that may not be viewed favorably by LE either... JMO ~

Lera213
12-31-2010, 04:21 AM
I want to google the satanic calendar as OneLove mentioned but I fear my pc will blow up and my stomach launched into the stratosphere

SmoothOperator
12-31-2010, 04:38 AM
The body was disposed before this case attracted any media attention. LE says the body was disposed on the same day the child went missing. At that time there was no media attention on this case whatsoever.

{Sorry if already stated am still in process of thoroughly reading thru each and every post}

jjenny I agree with your above statement ^above^... Not only had the media sensation NOT NEARLY BEGUN, NOR AMBER ALERT, NOR NATIONWIDE COVERAGE OF JONATHAN MISSING.. and to go even a step further at the time which the badly burned body was dicarded having it partially shoved into culvert of the ditch that is covered/recorded by Rolled Alloys surveillance cams.. All of the criminal activity that was inflicted on Jonathan including the burning of his body, and the disposal of his body in culvert.. ALL OF THIS WAS DONE BEFORE JONATHAN WAS EVEN "OFFICIALLY" ENTERED INTO THE MISSING PERSON'S DATABASE..

With the disposal having taken place at 6pm on Christmas Eve he HAD ALREADY HAD THE PAIN, TERROR, ETC MOST LIKELY IN THE MOMENTS LEADING UP TO HIS MURDER..AND HAD ALREADY DIED AT THE HANDS OF MONA NELSON, AS WELL AS DUMPED IN CULVERT BY MONA NELSON..

ALL OF THIS DONE PRIOR TO HIS HAVING BEEN ENTERED INTO MISSING PERSON'S DATABASE.. ALL BE FORE HIS DISAPPEARANCE WAS BEING TAKING 100% SERIOUSLY BY LE..NOT EVEN BEING MORE URGENT OF A CASE..BUT YET ALL THE WHILE HIM LISTED ALONG TEH SAME LINES OF A JUVENILE RUNAWAY...

Heartbreakingly done for seemingly no rhyme nor reason.. Am not dealing well with the outcome of this case.. It is just further proving to me that there indeed are evil monsters in and around ALL OF US{and from what I've seen thes monsters transcend all boundaries...meaning they can easily come in all colors..be it black, white, yellow, purple.. any sex, male or female, all socioeconomic classes from the wealthy to those poverty dependant on the government, and every personality know to man{i.e. funny, humorous, seemingly "giving" and "caring"}... it runs the entire gamut..

we are left to not know whom that we are casually interacting with on a somewhat daily basis..in a grocery line, speaking to at corner gas station, etc, etc..we are just being nice and considerate to neighbors in and around our neighborhoods... NOT KNOWING WHAT IS TRULY LURKING BEHIND THOSE EYES OF THAT PERSON..NOT KNOWING THEIR EVIL DESIRES AND WANTS.. NOT KNOWING{or even wanting to know}what this person is actually capable of doing and inflicting on other humans be

And below is snipped from my post way earlier..that touches on some of what you are also speaking in your above^ post

~Begin snipped quote~
She was "finished" with Jonathan by 6pm when she dumped his little body...I AM FLOORED AND SPEECHLESS AND TERRIBLY SHAKEN BY THIS!

HERE AT WS WE ALL NOW HOW VERY RARE THAT IT IS THE "BOOGEY MAN" THAT SNEAKS AND TAKES THEN MURDERS A CHILD..MUCH MORE OFTEN UNFORTUNATELY IT IS A PARENT OR CLOSE RELATIVE...

IN THIS CASE IT WAS THAT VERY RARE OF OCCURANCES... IT WAS THE BOOGEY MAN THAT INVADED THIS FAMILIES LIFE AND TOOK THE PRECIOUS LIFE OF A SON, JONATHAN FOSTER.. HUG YOUR BABIES TIGHT..BECAUSE THESE SICK MONSTERS THAT USED TO BE ONLY IN NIGHTMARES MANY YEARS AGO...TODAY THEY ARE ALIVE AND THEY ARE REAL AND THEY ARE LOOKING FOR THEIR NEXT VICTIM{OUR CHILDREN}..

*MONA NELSON, MATTHEW HOFFMAN ARE THE 2 MOST RECENT OF MONSTERS THAT I AM SPEAKING OF!
~End Snipped quote http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=5948390&securitytoken=1293785314-66248e22f647815e2ce41f18dcb3d13cf85b53fc)

bessie
12-31-2010, 04:38 AM
Exactly what are satanic rituals? Or is it Satanic rituals?

Curious Me
12-31-2010, 04:51 AM
It is so strange to go through the trouble to burn the body that badly, beyond recognition, and yet leave the body in an open ditch where it could be found quickly. I just can't imagine how this went down. I am stunned by how senseless it seems.

Why would she pick on this beautiful child, Jonathan. It was an opportunity for some sick plan, yes, but not really a greedy, monetary thing his dying and her being in jail now. What did LE mean by greed?

Miss Optimism
12-31-2010, 04:56 AM

Thank goodness. Burning as COD would be absolutely horrendous. Has the COD been stated yet? I just pray that it was very quick and that sweet Jonathan didn't suffer. I hate to think that he was terrified and tortured. :(

Melanie
12-31-2010, 05:05 AM
Exactly what are satanic rituals? Or is it Satanic rituals?

I don't exactly know the deets - I've only looked at a calendar. I'm afraid to go to the sites that actually describe such horror -- probably wouldn't sleep at all tonight. All I know is some satanists sacrifice people to their "God" or something along those lines. Christmas Eve being their night to take away from Christian beliefs.

MOO only

Mel

Miss Optimism
12-31-2010, 05:20 AM
I wonder if AD was afraid of Mona, and that is why she was hesitant to tell everything from the beginning...could have been fear that Mona would come back and kill her and other family members.

At the probable cause hearing, it is stated that AD received threatening phone calls at work, which is quite different from what was initially stated. Then, later on, AD says something to the effect of she didn't point the finger at Mona, she just told them who came to her house that day. I wonder what these threatening phone calls were all about. Was it part of the thrill for Mona, to hear and anticipate the panic AD was surely feeling? Or, was it really a vengeance type thing? :waitasec:

claudicici
12-31-2010, 05:25 AM
IMO this case has nothing to do with Satanic rituals.IMO the drug connection is a much more logical motive.This perp. seemed to be an incredible angry person.That shows because of the known cases where she beat up the baby sitter and the children and beat up her own daughter.She may not be lying about being "drunk" at the time and that's why precious Jonathan's little body was discarded so carelessly.IMO LE knows more about the motive than what they are reveiling right now.I keep thinking about the statement during the preliminary hearing that the mother received threatening phone calls at work.As far as we know the calls were not threatening,alarming,yes but not threatening.I believe LE knows the true nature of this calls and I do believe the parents are trying to conceal their prior involvment with this person.IMO a drug debt or something along those lines provoked that unspeakable rage.
It reminds me of the Haleigh case where a missing gun may just be the motive for that precious little girl to be gone.Drugs cause unspeakable crimes,IMO....it's just so sad.
I wished Jonathan never went to live with his mother and wouldn't have to learn the evil's of such an environment.

claudicici
12-31-2010, 05:26 AM
I wonder if AD was afraid of Mona, and that is why she was hesitant to tell everything from the beginning...could have been fear that Mona would come back and kill her and other family members.

At the probable cause hearing, it is stated that AD received threatening phone calls at work, which is quite different from what was initially stated. Then, later on, AD says something to the effect of she didn't point the finger at Mona, she just told them who came to her house that day. I wonder what these threatening phone calls were all about. Was it part of the thrill for Mona, to hear and anticipate the panic AD was surely feeling? Or, was it really a vengeance type thing? :waitasec:

wow,I posted at the same time you did.That's exactly what's been on my mind.The threatening phone calls.

MsFacetious
12-31-2010, 05:40 AM
They did say this in the press conference... which was very good for me to hear. 4 hours... barely long enough to do what we KNOW she had to do... so not long enough to do much else.

I was waiting for you to show up here. :seeya:

The detective specifically said that the fire department has arson dogs. That they did NOT detect anything and so NO fuel was used to start the fire.

Don't know if that's really your area of doggy expertise... but how accurate is that? I am guessing it's pretty straightforward.

Curious Me
12-31-2010, 05:51 AM
I don't see it as a satanic ritual killing either. There was that Full Moon Lunar Eclipse a few nights before, and you know what they say about Full Moons in general, but MN doesn't strike me as into rituals. She's more a thug type, IMO.

Did she have some drinks while using the torch? OMG, I can't take another thought about this crime tonight. This sick act of hers will stay with me forever. Poor Jonathan, I hope he's being comforted by angels.

AvalonBlue
12-31-2010, 06:00 AM
It is so strange to go through the trouble to burn the body that badly, beyond recognition, and yet leave the body in an open ditch where it could be found quickly. I just can't imagine how this went down. I am stunned by how senseless it seems.

Why would she pick on this beautiful child, Jonathan. It was an opportunity for some sick plan, yes, but not really a greedy, monetary thing his dying and her being in jail now. What did LE mean by greed?

Yes, it is senseless and sick.

I think what LE meant by the word "greed" is that this woman is selfish and sick -- someone who "takes" without concern for anyone other than herself -- "greed" as in satisfying sick motives in the moment and going so far as to steal another person's life. That kind of stealing is indeed "greedy."

Blondie in Spokane
12-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi guys....I've been sick with the flu for the last 24 hours and I have missed so much of the last two threads. I am hopelessly lost and don't have the energy to attempt to catch up.

Could someone tell me who Quannel X is and how he/she fits into this awful story?

Is it true that bio mom and step dad had a relationship with Mona or has that info been uncovered yet?

Thanks everyone....time for more Nyquil!

Lera213
12-31-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi guys....I've been sick with the flu for the last 24 hours and I have missed so much of the last two threads. I am hopelessly lost and don't have the energy to attempt to catch up.

Could someone tell me who Quannel X is and how he/she fits into this awful story?

Is it true that bio mom and step dad had a relationship with Mona or has that info been uncovered yet?

Quannel x is the leader of the New Black Panther Party in Houston, Texas

AD and DD did not have a relationship with MN, they knew who she was and seen her but no relationship however the roommate that AD was staying with she did have a relationship. It has no be stated just how deep or close that relationship is.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 06:34 AM

AD and DD did not have a relationship with MN, they knew who she was and seen her but no relationship however the roommate that AD was staying with she did have a relationship. It has no be stated just how deep or close that relationship is.

Thinking over that phone call to Jonathan's mom, the person asked Jonathan if his mother's name was Angela. Hardly fits with doing drugs for weeks together as Quannel claimed.

lauriej
12-31-2010, 06:43 AM
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26325836/detail.html (http://www.click2houston.com/news/26325836/detail.html)

Slain Boy's Family Has Record With CPS
----snipped---

In Houston in December 2006, there was a second allegation of neglect, physical abuse and medical neglect of both Jonathan and his half sister, officials said. The case was closed because Jonathan had moved to his uncle's home out of state and his half sister was living with her grandmother.

Glenn Scrimsher, Jonathan's uncle, said he offered to let Jonathan live with him, his wife and his five children because Angela Davis was having problems with drug abuse.
Jonathan lived in Missouri from the age of 6 until he was 11.

Melanie
12-31-2010, 07:02 AM

Hi Blondie,

So sorry you're feeling poorly. We've had the same bug this Christmas - ughh.

Mr. X interviewed MN without the presence of a lawyer. You can catch up with a video and a description at this link:

Here's another article:

I haven't found any truth that MN had a relationship with the bio mom or SD.

claudicici
12-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Thinking over that phone call to Jonathan's mom, the person asked Jonathan if his mother's name was Angela. Hardly fits with doing drugs for weeks together as Quannel claimed.

...but we don't know if that's really what was being said.Jonathan's mom has changed her story too many times.
During the preliminary hearing it was said the phone calls were "threatening" ,I'm more inclined to believe that version.

claudicici
12-31-2010, 07:34 AM

AD and DD are saying they had no relationship with her.
MN is saying they were "partying" together.

cloudajo
12-31-2010, 07:44 AM
For reference regarding phone call to AD with threatening remarks towards Jonathan. Snipped from MN's Probable Cause Hearing.

Starting about :20.

Twelve year old Jonathan Paul Foster was taken from his home, or missing from his home when his mother came home from work.

Prior to her arrival, she had received a mysterious phone call from her residence from a female, who made threatening remarks towards her son. Also, witness observed a female arriving at the residence in a grey or silver pickup about the same time that those threatening calls were made.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7871218

impatientredhead
12-31-2010, 07:56 AM
I have a question for a moderator- can a public arrest record for a peripheral player that has been named in mainstream media be posted and discussed?

I would like to discuss it because I think this player possibly served time with Mona.

AvalonBlue
12-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Can anyone give me a clue as to how to locate the correct MN on facebook? There seem to be about nine million and many don't have pics.

Or, perhaps her page has been pulled already?

TIA!

BOZGAL
12-31-2010, 08:21 AM
What a way to wake up this morning. :rolleyes:

Let me unequivocally and without hesitation say....

I DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD MN SAYS. :shakehead:

jmho

MBLover
12-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Trying to catch up... So MN wants to blame the SD - that he needed her to dispose of a container for him?

Yet the burn marks were in MN's home...

Hmmm...ok...

cloudajo
12-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Can anyone give me a clue as to how to locate the correct MN on facebook? There seem to be about nine million and many don't have pics.

Or, perhaps her page has been pulled already?

TIA!

http://www.facebook.com/Monanelson5

jjenny
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM

I don't think we really know as to what was actually said.

2anthro
12-31-2010, 09:18 AM

Its interesting that the Christmas season appears to negatively influence some people. Untreated alcoholics are easily explained: the attention is off them and they become violent; they will accept any kind of attention.

But that time is also the solstice when the energies are balanced. That intangible balance may be offensive to chaotic souls; as if we were bored in a silent house without any tasks to do, we would create tasks, straighten a closet, etc.

These people create chaos probably without being aware of it. Their committment to evil blinds them from self awareness.

twall
12-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Thank goodness. Burning as COD would be absolutely horrendous. Has the COD been stated yet? I just pray that it was very quick and that sweet Jonathan didn't suffer. I hate to think that he was terrified and tortured. :(

COD has not been released yet that I know of.

Your post made me think of the Shanda Sharer murder.

WARNING-very disturbing and sickening story.

The murder of Shanda Renee Sharer (June 6, 1979 – January 11, 1992) involved a 12-year-old girl who was tortured and burned to death in Madison, Indiana by four teenage girls. The incident attracted nationwide attention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shanda_Sharer

I recall reading the archived newspaper articles on her case that have been posted online. Everything in those articles is accurate. No bungled media coverage there. My, my how things have changed.

mysticrose
12-31-2010, 09:31 AM
So I haven't seen anywhere yet that evidence seized is being tested , has anyone else...

impatientredhead
12-31-2010, 09:33 AM

There are a few things I am confused about:

Multiple reports say Angela moved in with Sharon after her and David broke up over a slapping incident involving Jonathan?

But Jonathan is taken from Angela's apartment? Angela called the phone in her own apartment where Mona answered the phone?

Even though they were broke up due to violence between the very new stepfather, he was over there unsupervised? where he supposedly doesn't live? (I know he his cleared, just trying to figure out a couple of logistics, no allegations of involvement intended).

Angela and David are familiar with Mona being around but don't claim a relationship with her. Sharon is reported to be friends with her?

Family members have made drug allegations against Angela.
A self inserted third party with limited access to the evidence has also hopped in making drug allegations against Angela/David?

And no one can determine a motive for Jonathan except for pure random/stalking opportunity?

I really wish a mod was on to tell me if I can discuss arrest records/alias/timeline of charges that may explain a closer relationship with Mona than maintaince worker in the building.

Not implying guilt against anyone other than the accused but the drug theme goes on, the records are long, and the name and birthdate changes are more than noteworthy.

It may explain how/why Mona was aware of and pursued Jonathan. What she was upset about I couldn't tell you, but it is interesting that she tried to pull DD into right out of the gate.