PDA

View Full Version : TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/thumb.png

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Media Links

Message from the Mods...
Discussing the appearance of the suspect or anyone in this case is not allowed. Do not speculate on the suspect's sex or gender. She has been named as a woman. Any discussion of sexual orientation or appearance must be related to the case - if you can't show a connection, don't post it. No Name calling - not even the accused!
Do not post something saying "I think this is the same person..." with a link. If you don't know it is the correct person, do not post it. Post only if it has to do with the case.
Social Networking: No copy and paste. Links only and paraphrase. If the page is private leave it alone, private means private, if its a minor, forget about it! No sleuthing or naming innocents. Jonathan's family members are considered victims - so post accordingly.
You are responsible for knowing our TOS and the rules. You may review them here...
The Rules

If you have any questions or concerns you can always pm us, we will be happy to answer your questions! All of us Mods are listed at the bottom of the page. Thank you!

Please continue here...

tlcya
12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
ty Ima

lynnb
12-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Just wanted to say that I feel so bad for MN's children right now. Everytime something comes out from MN's past I think of how they're feeling. From what we've read they had to have had a life of he$$. grandfather was a RSO, mother was a career criminal and now this. Even tho they are in no way involved in any of this, they must be feeling mortified.

Kimmer
12-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know if DD has children of his own, and if so how many?

peeples
12-31-2010, 07:35 PM
I do think it's weird that he's leaving houston.. however, every family I've ever known who has lost a child (Sids, still born, or accident), which is 10 families. 9 of them divorced, and SD and mom's relationship was on the rocks anyway..... :(

tlcya
12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
was just getting up to speed on the previous thread and was struck by this post from @howfortunate and the need to carry it over:

I've been following this case as a lurker, woke up this morning and realized I had something to say, so here I am....

Many years ago, when my sister was killed in an accident, I read a book about grieving that stayed with me for one particular passage, and it's something I want to share with Jonathan's family and all of you who may be haunted by the thought of what Jonathan and others may have endured.
The author (who I'm sorry I can't recall) was counseling a family whose daughter had been tortured and killed by a serial murderer, and the one thing he really wanted them to take to heart was to realize that whatever it was she endured, for her it was over-- it's the family and other survivors that re-live it over and over, whereas she only had to live it once, and afterwards was at peace. As survivors when we re-live these events on behalf of our loved ones we can imagine that it is as never-ending for them as it is for us, but that is not the case.

Thank you howfortunate, for posting those thoughts and thank you for coming out of lurkdom to pass that on. Welcome

epiphany
12-31-2010, 07:39 PM
IMO, Mona's family is shocked, but open to the current charges:

SNIPPED; BBM

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334596/detail.html

"He was going to go down there and sit in front of her and speak to her and see," he said.

And re attack on her own adult child:

According to the probable cause affidavit in the case, the officer "observed multiple injuries to her daughter's face, arms, neck and hands."

The daughter was also bleeding and had a knot under her right eye, according to the document.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 07:42 PM
I do think it's weird that he's leaving houston.. however, every family I've ever known who has lost a child (Sids, still born, or accident), which is 10 families. 9 of them divorced, and SD and mom's relationship was on the rocks anyway..... :(

but did any of your friends leave town 2 days later and leave the grieving mother on her own? I'm sorry, but that tells me a lot about this man's character. Even if his marriage is rocky, this moment should not be about "his" feelings and what is making "him" uncomfortable. He should suck it up and be there to support/comfort his wife.

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Why did the step father admit he was there to look on him even though it would be suspicious? I imagine it would look even worse if he didn't admit it and then police found witnesses who saw him there? It's not a good idea to lie to the police, obviously.
because he may have been seen there. If he didnt take burn and dump the body, whats there to lie about?

fwiw I do not rule out others unknown or known. I question DDs associations, and cannot rule out involvement (not neccessarily DD) from others, yet.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Mona's Ex-Husb:

"There's no comfort that I can give them other than to lift them up to the Lord and offer our prayers up to touch their heart."

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334596/detail.html

~greeneyedgirl~
12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
but did any of your friends leave town 2 days later and leave the grieving mother on her own? I'm sorry, but that tells me a lot about this man's character. Even if his marriage is rocky, this moment should not be about "his" feelings and what is making "him" uncomfortable. He should suck it up and be there to support/comfort his wife.

We don't know they are not together the article doesn't say where mom is...

peeples
12-31-2010, 07:45 PM

No, but Jonathans mom went to her mom's house according to Renee a couple days ago, so what is to say mom or grandma even wanted him around ya know..

tlcya
12-31-2010, 07:47 PM
is any of this relevant to the current investigation? If LE thinks there is something wrong with this man leaving I am sure they will address it.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 07:48 PM
No, but Jonathans mom went to her mom's house according to Renee a couple days ago, so what is to say mom or grandma even wanted him around ya know..

Presumably they did separate before this child was murdered so JF's mom might not want him around. And as he is not a suspect then clearly he is free to move about if he so desires.

SunnyinMO
12-31-2010, 07:48 PM

I missed that he was leaving Houston. Was a reason stated? If he is leaving town the LE must be extremely confident he has nothing to do with the murder. Do you have a link for that? TIA

lynnb
12-31-2010, 07:50 PM

You are probably right about them not wanting him around. I was just left with a bad taste in my mouth when he said he had to get out of Houston because the memorial outside the apartment was making him uncomfortable. If Jonathan was "his boy" why would a memorial showing people's love/compassion make him uncomfortable? I just don't get it.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 07:51 PM
I missed that he was leaving Houston. Was a reason stated? If he is leaving town the LE must be extremely confident he has nothing to do with the murder. Do you have a link for that? TIA

LE was extremely clear during the press-conference they ruled other people out.
There is no reason for LE to lie if it wasn't the case.

passionflower
12-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Does DD not work and have family in Houston area? How can he just leave???
Bet he was just blowing air!

SmilingSweetly
Out of curiosity... Did they clear the others out of the crime itself or clear them altogether from any involvement? I should research it myself, but I'm curious if anyone has the info off hand. TIA.

zoomom
I for one, can completley understand him wanting to get away from those apts. and Houston. He's got to be imploding right now. Nobody said he was leaving forever. Maybe he just needs to go cry and punch walls and grieve at a friends house outside of Houston. JMO

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 07:55 PM
is any of this relevant to the current investigation? If LE thinks there is something wrong with this man leaving I am sure they will address it.to some of us it is...I personally would like to still sleuth and question motive...do not mean to offend.....moo

Noway
12-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Personally, I understand his feelings about the memorial. I have a hard time looking at the ones created for children I never knew. They creep me out, and while I understand why some people donate animals and balloons and such, if it were for my child (step or bio), I'd have a hard time looking at it too. They were separated ... maybe she doesn't want him around. JMO

Kimster
12-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Out of curiosity... Did they clear the others out of the crime itself or clear them altogether from any involvement? I should research it myself, but I'm curious if anyone has the info off hand. TIA.

They said they were COMPLETELY cleared. I watched the video last night and again today. He said they verified where all of them were and Mona's accusations are lies.

epiphany
IMO

She's ice. SDad's emotional.

She's methodical and calculating. SDad appears verbally impulsive.

She watches, deliberates, and calculates. Calls in activist, grants reporter interview.
If SDad thinks it>then, he says it.

She is a very violent female. SDad appears to have attention issues.

All, IMO.

tehcloser
Well, I think............

that I hope you all have a Wonderful New Years!!!!!! And tonight when you make that toast, make it to finding Closure for families of the lost. To finding Justice for those who have been taken from us and to finding Peace for those who are hurting. Happy New Year Ya'll.

lynnb
http://www.click2houston.com/video/10903347/index.html

reminder...link to 6:00 newscast

tlcya
12-31-2010, 07:57 PM
sorry, perhaps I am sensitive as several threads I am currently following keep having irritated mod warnings and being shut down for non-victim friendly posts.

I may be oversensitive, just don't want to see the thread come grinding to a halt or make mom and dad mad.

SunnyinMO
12-31-2010, 07:58 PM
You are probably right about them not wanting him around. I was just left with a bad taste in my mouth when he said he had to get out of Houston because the memorial outside the apartment was making him uncomfortable. If Jonathan was "his boy" why would a memorial showing people's love/compassion make him uncomfortable? I just don't get it.

Perhaps he is feeling so guilty that he wasn't able to protect him...whether that is a justifiable feeling or not.. the memorial is haunting him?

SunnyinMO
12-31-2010, 08:00 PM
LE was extremely clear during the press-conference they ruled other people out.
There is no reason for LE to lie if it wasn't the case.

thanks..but I certainly was not questioning the LE....I am sorry if it seems that I was. I thought I was simply making a logical statement.

Noway
Does DD not work and have family in Houston area? How can he just leave???
Bet he was just blowing air!

I think it would be very easy to leave "Houston" and still be close enough to family and work.

epiphany
On now

- possible motive

lynnb
just to be clear.., the only thing I was accusing DD of was leaving town when his wife may have needed him there. but I'm dropping it now.

zoomom
12-31-2010, 08:01 PM
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26330826/detail.html

Miller has worked in the homicide division and said Jonathan's case is the worst he's ever seen.

Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, said he had to leave Houston because he could not handle seeing a memorial to Jonathan outside the apartment complex near where Jonathan was taken.

"Right now I am falling, and I got a friend holding me up," he said.

I feel bad for him.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Steven Dean: Police re-interviewed t family today, but t day was spent at suspect's home

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
SD: autopsy has found no trauma, strangle or broken bones

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
sorry, perhaps I am sensitive as several threads I am currently following keep having irritated mod warnings and being shut down for non-victim friendly posts.

I may be oversensitive, just don't want to see the thread come grinding to a halt or make mom and dad mad.I hope I am not violating any rules.... I just know that we are able to still sleuth the "cleared" father in the Haleigh Cummings threads. Maybe we need to make seperate threads as I see some are upset. In my opinion there is still sleuthing to be done in this case as far as motive is concerned. Kim If I am in violation please delete and splain?? :blowkiss:

Cazzie
12-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Would someone please post the live link? The one I used is just the click2 web site.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:03 PM
suspect sexual abuse; officer says they cannot prove it
says, it's the only motive that makes sense.

another officer says differently about motive and cause of death

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 08:04 PM

I'd like to know where he went. All it says is he left Houston. There's many towns nearby where he might have a friend he could stay with that would still be considered "greater houston area" but not Houston

It was reported yesterday Angela already left the Oak St. area. We don't know where she went, but I'm guessing to her mother's.

Jo in Calif
12-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Well I think....... That this is one of the fastest case closed, cases I've ever seen, without a full confession, of the murder and disposal of the victim. I still don't think we've heard the last of it.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Is anyone else totally confused by that newscast? One person says sexual abuse ...another says no.

WillenFan21
12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
yeah but with Ronald Cummings was directly involved in the case there is no reason be sleuthing the bio dad here. JMO

Also I don't understand how people can kill children and babies. I am babysitting for my cousin right now he has three kids(two are at their moms) and they are so beautiful. The youngest is only a month old and he's soooo precious. I just look at him and don't understand at all how someone could kill a baby. Same goes for the rest of the kids.

Happy New Year Everyone!! <3

Cazzie
12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
It's over already? What were the new leads that were teased?

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:08 PM
So it appears that the autopsy results must be back.

No broken bones. No strangulation. No signs of trauma.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 08:11 PM
I made a note with regards to what the detective stated at the press conference: "those others we put through under the microscope and interviewed them at length, documented every single second of their day; they weren't involved, she acted alone."

I believe this is in Part 1 of the presser ~9:30 mark according to my scribble.

tehcloser

That's rather worrisome for some strange reason. Drugged him maybe and that killed him?

jadejazzkayla

dd himself would have to tell us why he decided to go to where he tried to feel more comfortable. his reson for leaving is his own and we can not walk in his shoes. he is in my thoughts and i hope he can do what it takes to heal from jf's murder.

Kimster
12-31-2010, 08:12 PM
This is not the Haleigh Cummings forum. That forum is an established forum with almost two years of history. Please do not compare.

Here's what one of the mods for this case said earlier today:

Dear Posters,

I know you are all working hard to put the pieces together on this case and what happened to Jonathan.

I would like to share a couple of thoughts that you might keep in mind as you review the facts and information.

We have family posting and reading here. Please try to keep their pain in mind. Please take the time to word your posts carefully so that you get your message across without causing undue hurt.

LE has spoken loudly and clearly in this case. I have never seen a more honest or harsh press conference. LE is sure they have their person and they are sure this person is pure evil and that she acted alone.

While the family may have some history, there is no indication, except from the mouth of a "pure evil" _______ to indicate they were not working hard and doing their best to provide Jonathan with a loving life. Mom went so far as leave her newly married man to protect her son. That speaks volumes to me and I think she should be commended for that. We see many women on this board that support their man over their children, to the detriment of the children, over and over, and over.

Just some thoughts to keep in mind as you post. Remember this is about a child, that from all accounts was happy, well-liked in his neighborhood and loved his family.

Thanks,

Salem

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 08:13 PM
yeah but with Ronald Cummings was directly involved in the case there is no reason be sleuthing the bio dad here. JMO

Also I don't understand how people can kill children and babies. I am babysitting for my cousin right now he has three kids(two are at their moms) and they are so beautiful. The youngest is only a month old and he's soooo precious. I just look at him and don't understand at all how someone could kill a baby. Same goes for the rest of the kids.

Happy New Year Everyone!! <3I disagree....he was at werk.... :floorlaugh:

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 08:13 PM
also RC was the placer of the 911 call, involved in other criminal activity - which them brought him back in to sleuthable area.

Plus there's nobody in custody for Haleigh's kidnapping. This case is completely different in my mind. LE found "a boatload" of evidence at the perp's house.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:14 PM
My understanding is the autopsy results lead some HPD to speculate that sexual abuse is the motive (though cannot be proved), and torching is COD.

I'm speculating that the COD cannot be proved either.

Another officer disagrees with sexual abuse motive and COD.

Guess we know where yesterday's HPD officers (presser) stand.

Kimster
12-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Let's move on to this case only peeps. :tyou:

tehcloser
12-31-2010, 08:16 PM
My understanding is the autopsy results lead some HPD to speculate that sexual abuse is the motive (though cannot be proved), and torching is COD.

I'm speculating that the COD cannot be proved either.

Another officer disagrees with sexual abuse motive and COD.

Guess we know where yesterday's HPD officers (presser) stand.

Color me confused......it sounds to me like there is a disagreement between Houston's finest over this case.

peeples
12-31-2010, 08:16 PM
That's rather worrisome for some strange reason. Drugged him maybe and that killed him?

After a body is burned i'm assuming all hair, blood etc. is gone.. would they still have anything left to do toxicology on? Sorry for the grusome question :(

Curious Me
12-31-2010, 08:17 PM

:goodpost:

JMO, it seems all about him. If he's going to take possession of Jonathan as "his boy", then he should stick around and be a supportive strong man. (sick of his whining)

Patty G
12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
They said they were COMPLETELY cleared. I watched the video last night and again today. He said they verified where all of them were and Mona's accusations are lies.

Which video did you watch that the detective stated they were completely cleared?

passionflower

Whatever this devious MN did, I pray that Jonathan was drugged or dead when she did her evilness so he did not suffer at the hands of this monster!

epiphany
Motive is helpful, but not necessary. COD can be deducted, but probably not proved.

Mona must feel superior to HPD right about now even after the charges. She's got the mind of a psychopath.

passionflower
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
After a body is burned i'm assuming all hair, blood etc. is gone.. would they still have anything left to do toxicology on? Sorry for the grusome question :(

maybe bone marrow????

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 08:21 PM
also RC was the placer of the 911 call, involved in other criminal activity - which them brought him back in to sleuthable area.actually the Haleigh case started just like this (FEB 2009) ...till we sleuthed him.... you might have missed the beginning stages. DD was the last to see Jonathan alive within minutes of the [unusual person]

gypsyblue
12-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Let's move on to this case only peeps. :tyou:oh oops... :innocent:

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:22 PM
It's all about Mona>that's why she used her tools.

Kimster
12-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Which video did you watch that the detective stated they were completely cleared?

The one just over 20 minutes long. I'm not at my home right now - can someone grab the link if they have it handy?

And PattyG, I was paraphrasing what he said, not "quoting" or I'd use "quotation marks". :)

Curious Me
12-31-2010, 08:24 PM

Miller has worked in the homicide division and said Jonathan's case is the worst he's ever seen.

Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, said he had to leave Houston because he could not handle seeing a memorial to Jonathan outside the apartment complex near where Jonathan was taken.

"Right now I am falling, and I got a friend holding me up," he said.

I feel bad for him.

He certainly had to be checked out thoroughly, and now he needs to be there for others. Jonathan needs to be laid to rest amongst the people who loved him. Right?

Patty G
12-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Repsectfully I post, how about some self editing and remove any reference to the other case in Florida. :crazy:

I don't want to see this thread shut down especially since I am not going out for New Year's Eve!

Patty G
12-31-2010, 08:25 PM
The one just over 20 minutes long. I'm not at my home right now - can someone grab the link if they have it handy?

And PattyG, I was paraphrasing what he said, not "quoting" or I'd use "quotation marks". :)

From the presser?

peeples
Repsectfully I post, how about some self editing and remove any reference to the other case in Florida. :crazy:

I don't want to see this thread shut down especially since I am not going out for New Year's Eve!

Me either! I"ll be here with ya :)

Reannan

Then how did she kill him??? The taunting phone call, the lack of clothing on the body, the twine that bound his hands, and the horrible act of burning the body does just not add up. If she had shot or stabbed him, the autopsy would have shown that, I feel confident - even on a burned body. How did he die? This is the point a lot of people start to think we are crazy for being members of WS's. "Why" do we care how he died??? Because we OWE him the dignity of standing witness to what he went thru, and we will stand by and demand justice for him. It is really the only thing we can do for Jonathan.

SmoothOperator
12-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Have been endlessly reading attempting to get causght back up from my last look see was around 5a.m...several interesting issues being discussed..some I feel strongly about...

As for the police verifying that Mona was at the duplex as 12:30 speaking with Jonathan..I am glad this has been verified by LE{while before it was Mona's words that put her there at 12:30 spoke with Jonathan and attempted to plant the seed to AD by stating that when she talked to him at the door at 1230, that he had no shirt on and she thought there was someone else in the duplex with him at that time}..It being just Mona's word I was not counting on it being accurate..but thankfully LE has verified this and also says neighbors witnessed her at the duplex at this time, speaking with Jonathan..

I believe this is when Mona asked for SE phone number..lets say Jonjathan did not know it by memory..possibly he was attempting to go by the rules set by his mom for him staying alone that day and wasn't letting Mona come inside..

Now I believe that at or around this time that one of two things happened.. either she left and Jonathan proceeded to call his mom{I cannot find the link off hand but in an article yesterday it stated that the co worker that took the first call and spoke with Jonathan that he was asking for SE's phone #while on the phone)..so knowing that I am led to believe that this was the reason for the initial call that Jonathan made to moms work..OR..maybe he made the call to mom's work with Mona still having not left and is asking the co worker for SE's phone#..the coworker stated she did not know the # so therefor could not give Jonathan the info he was asking for...perhaps this is when Mona grabs the phone and states that it is an emergency..{a possibility of why Mona would do this..maybe she had to have that # because she was needing to know SE's ETA back home..possibly Jonathan had already told Mona the info that his mom was supposed to be home after 2:00..therefor Mona was needing to know how long she had to get him out of the duplex..maybe she was aware that she had been spotted by a neighbor speaking with Jonathan so she knew that she needed to be seen as having left the duplex so that she would not be directly implicated in being the perp}...

So, she then leaves still not knowing when SE would be ariving home from work..so, she stays within distance where she can watch and see the comings and goings..but not seen by neighbors as still being there at the duplex...She sees DD come by for those few moments at/around 145 and once he has left she realizes that its now or never..knowing mom will be home after 2 that leaves her very little time{especially not knowing SE's ETA}..

So sometime in minutes following DD having left the duplex she goes for it.. Goes back to the door and when Jonathan answers she pushes her way in{not seeing any neighbors and hoping that none had seen her}..she is possibly in the process of tying him up or other deeds needing done before leaving with him... its during this time that mom is en route on her way home after having heard from co worker the strange "emergency call" and AD is repeatedly calling the duplex as shes driving home to it... within her being 5 minutes away from the duplex suddenly someone answers the phone{and I still cannot figure this part out.. why did mona answer that call after having not answered all the preceding calls that AD wasn't receiving any answer to?}..Regardless she answers and the quick exchange btwn Mona and mom is made on the cordless phone{and mom hears the raspy voice ask "is angela your mom?" and mom hears jonathan answer "yes ma'am, angela is my mom."}..and the line goes dead..

within minutes mom reaches the duplex where cartoons are still on TV, game still loaded on PC screen, and tootsie rolls being eat at the pc...BUT NO SIGN OF JONATHAN OR RASPY VOICED WOMAN...

Mona had gotten "it" done just in time{whether she bound him with the "twine" LE found or whether she walked him out to the truck}either way she had succeeded in having it done before anyone reached the duplex...

The question is asked several times today as to why can the neighbors identify and place Mona's truck at the duplex at/around the time of the calls and mom arriving home..but they cannot state that they witnessed Mona and Jonathan leaving the duplex{or Mona with a large container leaving[Jonathan in it..just giving possibilities of how whe got him out of duplex]}...

and the answer is simple.. one or more of the neighbors is say watching their fav soap opera, or rerun of Springer Show and during a commercial they look out and see Mona's truck back over at SE's duplex{they have no reason to believe or even think any nefarious activity is going on}..commercials over and they go back to watch the end of their fav show{never having a reason to look and check again to if or when Mona's truck left from the duplex}..very simply Mona and Jonathan leave in the truck at some point after the neighbor has gone back to watching her fav show..
{just an example not stating this is the exact scenario, but rather just showing the simplicity of how the neighbors could witness one thing but not the other}..

Thats all I can think of at this moment..I'm certain it'll come to me shortly what the other issues were that I was wanting to comment or respond to{and I'll just add on to post or create new post..whenever it hits me..lol ;)}

But I think its quite possibly something similar that happened Christmas Eve afternoon..and similar possibly to how Mona got in duplex..phonecalls to mom..and left with Jonathan..all just in the nick of time..{terribly terribly sad to know that time played in Mona's favor on that particular day..tragically sad}

Kimster
12-31-2010, 08:27 PM
From the presser?

Probably? I didn't watch the presser live and got it from a post.

:waitasec: I think he said they checked out where the other people were (that she was saying were involved) at the time and it wasn't them - she acted alone.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 08:27 PM

Me either...so I guess I know now who I'll be kissing at midnight:blowkiss:

Reannan
12-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Whatever this devious MN did, I pray that Jonathan was drugged or dead when she did her evilness so he did not suffer at the hands of this monster!

Buckle your seat belts and get your tums/wine/vodka/diet coke/cigarettes, whatever ready.... this case is going to get ugly. :twocents:

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Then how did she kill him??? The taunting phone call, the lack of clothing on the body, the twine that bound his hands, and the horrible act of burning the body does just not add up. If she had shot or stabbed him, the autopsy would have shown that, I feel confident - even on a burned body. How did he die? This is the point a lot of people start to think we are crazy for being members of WS's. "Why" do we care how he died??? Because we OWE him the dignity of standing witness to what he went thru, and we will stand by and demand justice for him. It is really the only thing we can do for Jonathan.

Some HPD feel by torching due to the autopsy results.

Jo in Calif
12-31-2010, 08:31 PM
I made a note with regards to what the detective stated at the press conference: "those others we put through under the microscope and interviewed them at length, documented every single second of their day; they weren't involved, she acted alone."

Sounds like case closed to me. This one has to go down in the world record book. without a full confession.
When I hear she made a full confession, I might be satisfied.
I still think there is lot's more to come.

tlcya
12-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Buckle your seat belts and get your tums/wine/vodka/diet coke/cigarettes, whatever ready.... this case is going to get ugly. :twocents:

And haven't we seen enough of those lately?

SmilingSweetly
12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
I just wish we had a clearer picture in all of these cases. My mind imagines things it shouldn't. I cry and mourn for children I don't know. I am overly protective of my children because I am afraid of them being victims. I wish it would end.

Patty G
Probably? I didn't watch the presser live and got it from a post.

:waitasec: I think he said they checked out where the other people were (that she was saying were involved) at the time and it wasn't them - she acted alone.

I posted earlier the exact words here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9

The detective never actually said AD, DD etc., however used the word "those others" and "not involved" and indicated Mona acted alone.

I know its a play on words, but it sure would have convinced me more if he stated "cleared", they all past polygraphs, etc. etc.

Here is the video if anyone would like to reference what was statesd ~9:30 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pORERrI_o

Kimster

This is it! Oh boy. I need some eggnog. I'm lost now.

passionflower
Me either...so I guess I know now who I'll be kissing at midnight:blowkiss:

I'll probably be sleeping.........LOL

jjenny
12-31-2010, 08:34 PM
...The taunting phone call, the lack of clothing on the body, the twine that bound his hands, and the horrible act of burning the body does just not add up. If she had shot or stabbed him, the autopsy would have shown that, I feel confident - even on a burned body. How did he die? This is the point a lot of people start to think we are crazy for being members of WS's. "Why" do we care how he died??? Because we OWE him the dignity of standing witness to what he went thru, and we will stand by and demand justice for him. It is really the only thing we can do for Jonathan.

Maybe it wasn't the body that was burned but the live person. In that case here would be no broken bones, stab wounds, or anything else, just the burns. Also if someone is smothered or strangled there are not always clear signs of that that can be found in an autopsy.

jadejazzkayla
12-31-2010, 08:34 PM
:goodpost:

JMO, it seems all about him. If he's going to take possession of Jonathan as "his boy", then he should stick around and be a supportive strong man. (sick of his whining)

WOW! the man has just lost his stepson. what he should do is try to get through today...or maybe even the next minute or so....his stepson has just been murdered....

SmilingSweetly
12-31-2010, 08:38 PM
WOW! the man has just lost his stepson. what he should do is try to get through today...or maybe even the next minute or so....his stepson has just been murdered....

Plus, we don't know where he went (could be just a few miles away) and his wife is staying with family right now, from what I understand. It might be good for him to get away, instead of potentially being alone in his apartment thinking about this 24/7.

lillygator
12-31-2010, 08:39 PM
is there a summation post anyhere?

Dear Prudence
Police Believe Child Was Killed With Welding Torch

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334262/detail.html

This article contains some of the most horrifying, saddest things I've ever read.

Bless you sweet Jonathan. I am thankful your pain is over and you're now in the arms of Jesus.

Reannan
Maybe it wasn't the body that was burned but the live person. In that case here would be no broken bones, stab wounds, or anything else, just the burns. Also if someone is smothered or strangled there are not always clear signs of that that can be found in an autopsy.

If that is the case, I believe he was unconscious because of the stun gun that was taken from MN's truck and hopefully unaware of any sort of "burning". I am getting angrier by the minute with this case. :furious::furious::furious: I have to go out to a few gatherings tonight, and I really just want to stay here with you guys. I am in no mood for a party. Thank you guys for all being here..... see you in a few hours.

tehcloser
12-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Sounds like case closed to me. This one has to go down in the world record book. without a full confession.
When I hear she made a full confession, I might be satisfied.

BBM

Well, get comfortable, you may be waiting awhile. I don't see Mona doing that for ....EVER? :crazy:

tlcya
12-31-2010, 08:42 PM

BBM True COD is not as easily identified with visual clues and evidence in a body that has been burned. I pray this child was not burned alive.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 08:43 PM
I have had this nagging thought playing over and over in my head regarding the abrupt end to the press conference. I am beginning to think they pulled the plug on the Detective based on the direction he was heading with his thoughts.

After reading a few posts here from the news broadcast where one detective is thinking one way and the other another way; perhaps pulling the plug on the presser may have been ordered.

The only way for me to get the nagging thought out of my head is to post it here! :crazy: Phew, now it's OUT!

imamaze
Originally Posted by Salem http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
Dear Posters,

I know you are all working hard to put the pieces together on this case and what happened to Jonathan.

I would like to share a couple of thoughts that you might keep in mind as you review the facts and information.

We have family posting and reading here. Please try to keep their pain in mind. Please take the time to word your posts carefully so that you get your message across without causing undue hurt.

LE has spoken loudly and clearly in this case. I have never seen a more honest or harsh press conference. LE is sure they have their person and they are sure this person is pure evil and that she acted alone.

While the family may have some history, there is no indication, except from the mouth of a "pure evil" _______ to indicate they were not working hard and doing their best to provide Jonathan with a loving life. Mom went so far as leave her newly married man to protect her son. That speaks volumes to me and I think she should be commended for that. We see many women on this board that support their man over their children, to the detriment of the children, over and over, and over.

Just some thoughts to keep in mind as you post. Remember this is about a child, that from all accounts was happy, well-liked in his neighborhood and loved his family.

Thanks,

Salem

jjenny
If that is the case, I believe he was unconscious because of the stun gun that was taken from MN's truck and hopefully unaware of any sort of "burning". I am getting angrier by the minute with this case. :furious::furious::furious: I have to go out to a few gatherings tonight, and I really just want to stay here with you guys. I am in no mood for a party. Thank you guys for all being here..... see you in a few hours.

No signs of strangulation so police believe he was killed with the torch. Don't know how someone could tell if he was conscious or not.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 08:45 PM
BBM True COD is not as easily identified with visual clues and evidence in a body that has been burned. I pray this child was not burned alive.

Wouldn't there be some kind of evidence of smoke in the lungs? maybe even carbon monoxide?

momoeb
12-31-2010, 08:45 PM
dd himself would have to tell us why he decided to go to where he tried to feel more comfortable. his reson for leaving is his own and we can not walk in his shoes. he is in my thoughts and i hope he can do what it takes to heal from jf's murder.

His wife might not want him around right now. Just my 2 cents ... I can imagine if my son was slapped by my husband and I cared enough to leave him over it and my moving in with someone, etc., resulted in THIS, I might be *very* resentful for a few reasons, even if it isn't logical or maybe reasonable. She might see that mistreatment of JF as the start of all of this pain.

SmilingSweetly
12-31-2010, 08:46 PM

Oh my gosh. I am horrified. That poor sweet baby.

noexplanation
12-31-2010, 08:47 PM

Dear God - I am praying he was drugged and didn't feel any pain. He must have been drugged (I keep telling myself) because wouldn't SOMEONE hear him scream??!!??

jjenny
Wouldn't there be some kind of evidence of smoke in the lungs? maybe even carbon monoxide?

It's not the same as being killed in the fire so I don't know what can be expected. I am sure at trial experts would testify what is most likely scenario.

Melanie
Perhaps he is feeling so guilty that he wasn't able to protect him...whether that is a justifiable feeling or not.. the memorial is haunting him?

IMHO, he sounds very compulsive and makes rash decisions. I can't tell you what I'd do if I were in his shoes, but NOW is not the time to move out of Houston. I know he's angry, but a bit of restraint is necessary in order to bring MN to conviction. Anything he says can be used on the stand (as it is public record). It's easy to say that from where I sit, but I would hope he would take a step back and think about what he's doing and how it looks. His wife, although separated, really needs his support right now. If he loved Jonathan so much (as stated in media interviews) why desert the young boy now?

MOO

Mel

passionflower
12-31-2010, 08:49 PM

My daughter's friend was murdered. (gasoline and set on fire with plastic lawn bag over her )
At autospy the ME said she was alive (smoke in windpipe/lungs) but hopefully
unconsccience from smoke/fumes sufficating.
We will never get over that........night before Thanksgiving 7 years ago.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Didn't someone at yesterday's presser say that Mona had tried to implicate others (and we know, that's DD), and they have been cleared? She acted alone. We are confident, etc.

We were prepared for last night's accusation. They forewarned us.

Jo in Calif
12-31-2010, 08:50 PM
BBM

Well, get comfortable, you may be waiting awhile. I don't see Mona doing that for ....EVER? :crazy:

Believe me I'm here with you.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 08:51 PM
My daughter's friend was murdered. (gasoline and set on fire with plastic lawn bag over her )
At autospy the ME said she was alive (smoke in windpipe/lungs) but hopefully
unconsccience from smoke/fumes sufficating.
We will never get over that........night before Thanksgiving 7 years ago.

But the torch is different than actual fire, isn't it? There was no gasoline used, apparently, in this case.

tlcya
12-31-2010, 08:52 PM
The young boy is dead. I cannot judge this person or his motives or his love for his son. I suppose I could, but I don't want to.

To my knowledge we have him saying he is devastated and needs supprt and will be leaving the immediate area to go and seek it. Who am I to judge. Just as I will not judge mom, who LE has cleared, I will not cast judgement on dad's shortcomings in the support you ex area.

jadejazzkayla
12-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Dear God - I am praying he was drugged and didn't feel any pain. He must have been drugged (I keep telling myself) because wouldn't SOMEONE hear him scream??!!??

omg. your post shows how hard it is for us to even think about jf's demise.... for his family and everyone who knew or loved him.. torturous

Melanie
12-31-2010, 08:53 PM

I would pray so. In earlier posts someone mentioned she had a taser. Maybe he was passed out. I just can't imagine (and won't let myself go there) that he was torched to death :(

MOO

Mel

peeples
12-31-2010, 08:54 PM
There would be smoke, but just from

*GRAPHIC*

Just from the smoking flesh and it would put off a ton of odor, but i dn't think smoke like a real fire, dpending upon the size of the torches, they burn small amts at a time and i'm thinking she used a small one because it was done in the house according to LE.

Curious Me
12-31-2010, 08:54 PM

This article contains some of the most horrifying, saddest things I've ever read.

Bless you sweet Jonathan. I am thankful your pain is over and you're now in the arms of Jesus.

This is awful!

epiphany
12-31-2010, 08:55 PM
WARNING: GRAPHIC SNIP

Police said a section of carpet was badly burned and the smell of a human body filled the area around that carpet.

Do we need more? I don't. She's a psychopath.

passionflower
12-31-2010, 08:56 PM
afternoon before Christmas, were where the people in the house in front of MN apt?
They could of been working, shopping, visiting...............maybe no one was around where she murdered Jonathan.

belimom
12-31-2010, 08:57 PM

I agree. I know some folks say that he wasn't Jonathan's stepdad long enough to really care about him. I don't think any of us can answer that question about how deeply he felt about Jonathan or not. But one thing I can say - I would be terribly affected if any child I even KNEW had been through what Jonathan went through. My God... it's awful... Think about how bad it's affecting all of us and except for two WSers, none of us even met Jonathan. I can see him wanting to run away from it all. I would want to, also, if I had known him and lived with him and cared for/about him -- just run and run and run and hope that it eventually would leave my head. :cry:

passionflower
12-31-2010, 08:59 PM
How could MN ever enter that room again????
MN is not human!!!

Noway
12-31-2010, 08:59 PM

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

This is 21 minutes. Listening now. Will transcribe what is said re anyone being cleared.

eta
@10:01ish

[This is Detective Miller speaking.]

Mona Nelson provided a statement to us implicating others as well as herself. Those others, we put under the microscope. We've interviewed them at length and documented every second of their day. Uh, they weren't involved. She acted alone. ...

I don't think it gets much clearer than this. Mona had implicated the stepdad. Detective Miller states that he (and the others implicated) were not involved (aka cleared).

orb4me
12-31-2010, 09:01 PM
<Mod snip>
tx to ??? for posting about a child being killed. beautiful.

I noticed there was only one witness that saw the truck, but now they are coming out of the woodwork for their 15 mins of fame. I could not tell you who was or was not home in my area.

Maybe mom didnt want SD around, she may blame him in some way, because he said he saw him. then Mom gets a case of the "If only's"

I have out and stole several things that some of you have said, it speaks to my heart, and I want to keep them, what you have said here may be a help to someone someday.

It is a comfort to know he is in the arms of our Lord. No more pain, No more fear.

I jump all over my kids about watching their children, they think im getting crazy in my old age, I wish they would come here and see what we see.

I pray with a prayer group at 8pm, God said you all can pray also at 8p :)

Thank you all once again for putting up with me and my MS, Have a Wonderful new year and pray for the parents of this world, pray for our President, pray for our Military, pray for our children.

jen&jonhart
I am beyond sad about this. Cant even imagine what his family and friends are going thru. If people were accusing me of helping in any way of doing this I would want to go stay with supporting friends too. jmho. Also when people leave these memorials they often times leave notes there is no telling what they say and I know that from personal experience.

JenRen

Police said a section of carpet was badly burned and the smell of a human body filled the area around that carpet.

LE just HAD to know something went down in there the minute they stepped foot in the door, from the smell alone. I'm shocked she walked out of there so easily with them, and without any cuffs on tbh.

SunnyinMO
12-31-2010, 09:03 PM

I shuttered when I read that. I can't imagine it getting uglier and yet I know it could and might.

dreamweaver
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
It just gets worse. Bad enough that she took him and killed him, but now, she might have killed with the welding torch????

Oh dear God!

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
afternoon before Christmas, were where the people in the house in front of MN apt?
They could of been working, shopping, visiting...............maybe no one was around where she murdered Jonathan.

Read that one of her neighbor's stated that he/she actually thought that no one was living in MN's apartment.

Also, read that another of her neighbors stated that she kept to herself.

HPD described her at presser as "self-contained." Or am I imagining that word?

Sounds like some other types of murderers.

passionflower
12-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Read that one of her neighbor's stated that he/she actually thought that no one was living in MN's apartment.

I believe Detective Miller said that! BBM

passionflower
12-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Do we know if MN had alias names like in her boxing career???

Patty G
12-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Torches are fueled with propane, IIRC.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:13 PM
LE just HAD to know something went down in there the minute they stepped foot in the door, from the smell alone. I'm shocked she walked out of there so easily with them, and without any cuffs on tbh.

She's confident, arrogant, cocky, relaxed, feels superior to LE. A Bundy-type.
Even appears to be her own attorney>Had no attorney as of last evening. Reeks of her feeling she's smarter than the pros.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I am a "self-contained" individual; might as well add cocky at times, arrogant, NEVER superior, but confident.

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
How could MN ever enter that room again????
MN is not human!!!

She is not!

When Houston police brought Mona Yvette Nelson in for questioning in the disappearance of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, she seemed unfazed, even chatty, a veteran homicide investigator said.

She breezily signed consent forms allowing authorities to search her truck and home, Officer Mike Mil*ler said, and showed no emotion even when told she was being charged with capital murder in the slaying of Jonathan.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

peeples
12-31-2010, 09:17 PM

Not all some can run on Butane

SunnyinMO
The young boy is dead. I cannot judge this person or his motives or his love for his son. I suppose I could, but I don't want to.

To my knowledge we have him saying he is devastated and needs supprt and will be leaving the immediate area to go and seek it. Who am I to judge. Just as I will not judge mom, who LE has cleared, I will not cast judgement on dad's shortcomings in the support you ex area.

Thanks for your wise post. People handle grief differently and what I heard was a man overcome with grief and going to people who have offered him comfort..... a place to weep. I would never judge how a person handles something like this, as I have no idea how I would.

belimom
I didn't think I would feel as awful about another case as I did Shaniya's. I think I was wrong. I wrote a poem for Shaniya that I posted, but I don't believe I can write one for Jonathan. The picture in my head is too horrifying - that all words/thoughts disappear. It's just too horrendous. What a sadistic lowlife POS.

Noway
12-31-2010, 09:19 PM

I thought I'd read the front apartment was vacant and MN lived in the back. Will try to find that.

eta

A neighbor who declined to give her name said she thought the home and garage apartments were vacant. Another said Nelson lived in a rear apartment but "kept to herself."

MsFacetious
12-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I do not understand how no broken bones, no strangulation, no signs of (gunshot, stabbing, beating, etc) automatically mean he was burned alive. Seriously?

What about toxicology?

What about suffocation?

I would think they would be able to tell if the burn injuries occurred before or after death. But if they cannot, I do not think they can rule out suffocation even if they are able to rule out poisoning/overdose.

Penelope
12-31-2010, 09:21 PM

I am almost without words. :furious: I can't wrap my head around how anyone could allegedly kill a person with a blow torch, let alone a child. Just thinking about it makes me sick. That's worse torture than "water-boarding" or anything else one can think of. If it is true, and JF was conscious... well I cannot think about that. In this case, if she is found guilty, she should pay the ultimate price IMHO. :furious: God bless that little boy-- at least he is with God and not in fear and pain anymore.

DairyGirl
12-31-2010, 09:22 PM

Have they ruled out suffication? Drugs? Anything but this.

belimom
12-31-2010, 09:23 PM

I think I read somewhere that they were testing acetylene. Those burn very very hot. Propane isn't nearly as hot. It's actually used to light acetylene torches (according to DH). And LE said "crematorium" hot. (ETA: Propane torches are used for melting solder, caramelizing creme brulee, etc.)

:furious:

MsFacetious
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM

If I was the stepdad my thinking right now would be...

"I smacked him, they moved out.

It was in that house that he was taken.

If I had never smacked him he would still be here."

Whether it's true or not, we have no idea. She may have still taken him if they hadn't moved out.

But that could easily be why he feels guilty. Because his slapping him started the ball rolling for him to move out, in with SE, near Mona, being there alone that day...

That'd be enough to make ME feel guilty.

epiphany
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

This is 21 minutes. Listening now. Will transcribe what is said re anyone being cleared.

eta
@10:01ish

[This is Detective Miller speaking.]

Mona Nelson provided a statement to us implicating others as well as herself. Those others, we put under the microscope. We've interviewed them at length and documented every second of their day. Uh, they weren't involved. She acted alone. ...

I don't think it gets much clearer than this. Mona had implicated the stepdad. Detective Miller states that he (and the others implicated) were not involved (aka cleared).

Nope, it certainly doesn't. Thanks.

Ms Suzanne
I have had this nagging thought playing over and over in my head regarding the abrupt end to the press conference. I am beginning to think they pulled the plug on the Detective based on the direction he was heading with his thoughts.

After reading a few posts here from the news broadcast where one detective is thinking one way and the other another way; perhaps pulling the plug on the presser may have been ordered.

The only way for me to get the nagging thought out of my head is to post it here! :crazy: Phew, now it's OUT!
I'm sorry.I missed this.What two ways are these two officers thinking?

Blue Eyed Chick
12-31-2010, 09:26 PM
At the 6 o'clock news, they said they had not ruled out suffocation.

To me, it was more sensationalizing than "news" - he might have been burned to death. He might have been sexually abused. Then at the end of the segment, the reporter had to backtrack and say that homicide detectives said it was just one theory they had.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
I would pray so. In earlier posts someone mentioned she had a taser. Maybe he was passed out. I just can't imagine (and won't let myself go there) that he was torched to death :(

MOO

Mel

I sure wish I felt that he did not suffer the horrible pain that he would have endured by being burned to death by a welding torch but sadly I don't believe he was unconscious during any of this.

Imo, we are looking at a full blown psychopath here when it comes to Mona.

I think she personally wanted him to feel every bit of the pain. I think she bound and gagged him and he knew exactly what was going to happen. God bless his soul.

The only motive I can think is a sexual assault or she may be one of those predators that gets satisfaction out of killing someone in the most torturous way possible and gets a thrill out of it.

I know when I was researching female murderers/predators in the Sandra Cantu case many of them loved to inflict torturous pain on their victims before the victim was murdered. It feeds their lust and leaves them thrilled by being so in control over another helpless human being.

My hubby has accidentally burned himself with his welding torch and it was so painful. I cannot imagine the horror Jonanthan endured.

I certainly believe that this despicable woman did this ALL on her own and I am so thankful that LE isn't buying her made up BS. Already I think they have plenty of good evidence and she is going to get the death penalty for what she has done to this innocent boy.

Over the many years I have been here, I have often posted my opinions on female murderers, and predators. I have always felt a lot of unsolved cases were done by a female, and they have gotten away with evil acts for years.

I agree with LE. This is not Mona's first murder. I am so glad at least THIS female predator/murderer is off the street but I certainly believe there are way more out there uncaught at this time.

Maybe more will be solved if LE opens their eyes more as to what some women are capable of doing. I hope so for the victims that have never seen justice.

RIP Jonathan. I am so sorry this evil woman ever crossed your path.

IMO

georgiajean
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM

Whether it's true or not, we have no idea. She may have still taken him if they hadn't moved out.

But that could easily be why he feels guilty. Because his slapping him started the ball rolling for him to move out, in with SE, near Mona, being there alone that day...

Thank you wasn't enough for this post, imo. This was exactly what I was thinking.

elepher50
12-31-2010, 09:28 PM

Amen and there will be no judgements from me either on either mom or step-dad's actions before or after. Clear statements from LE have said that MN acted solely alone - amen.

Mom and step-dad, grandma, aunt and uncle are all victims of MN as was Jonathan - bless him and keep him safe in the arms of the Man who knows all.

eleph

Patty G
12-31-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry.I missed this.What two ways are these two officers thinking?

There are a couple of posts earlier in this thread where the locals were watching a news cast at 6:00 PM CST and it appeared that one LE was thinking one thing and the other another way. I haven't seen the broadcast and waiting to see if a link becomes available so I can watch it myself.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:31 PM

Likely, the only one feeling no guilt this evening is Mona.

everyoneneedsavoice
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Dear Prudence...I'm just catching up and wanted to respond to your question to my post in the last thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8

Yes, Quanell X did get her killer to confess and testified against him in trial. (see links below).

As for his involvement in Jonathan's case...I think his actions are probably just as self-serving as the media station (s) that are using him to increase their ratings.

Similar to some of the posts I've seen from several here, people immediately associate his involvement and/or support, with the sentiments of "all black people" and / or "the black community"; which is offensive to me…and every person I associate with…whether they look like me and "my community"; or not. However, I also understand that his past behavior has left his present actions questionable, at best; which immediately leads to panic and dread when he gets involved with any case.

Most of all, I think it’s unfortunate that his involvement distracts from Jonathan.

I believe he will end up being instrumental to the prosecution of Mona, just as he has been in many other cases….and I also believe that the investigators working this case know this too.

Here's some info / links specific to his testimony at Tynesha's trial as well as others:

Snipped>>>

"He knew what happened to Tynesha Stewart," Quanell X said on the witness stand. "I knew he knew more than what he was telling anybody about what happened to her."

Days after Stewart disappeared, as law enforcement, Texas EquuSearch and volunteers searched for her, Quanell X spoke to Shepherd and told him that police would find forensic evidence of the crime if he was involved.

As they spoke, Shepherd began to cry, then led the activist and a police detective to a trash bin where he said he dumped her body.

In questioning Quanell X, Shepherd's attorney, Chip Lewis, focused on whether Shepherd's constitutional rights were violated because he asked for an attorney before confessing.

State District Judge Vanessa Velasquez has ruled that Shepherd voluntarily waived his rights, validating his confession.

Lots more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6038359.html

In the past 15 years, Quanell X has helped about 25 fugitives — including many murder suspects — surrender to authorities, but the Shepherd case is the first time he has gotten one of them to confess.

The confession is especially noteworthy because in 10 straight hours of questioning by investigators, Shepherd had refused to discuss Stewart's disappearance.

"Love him or hate him, he has the ability to speak and communicate with a part of the community I would never be able to, including law enforcement," said KHOU's Jeff McShan, one of two Houston reporters who helped put Quanell X in touch with sheriff's deputies Wednesday after Shepherd confessed. "Hats off to Quanell for getting him to open up."

<snipped>…http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4654897.html

georgiajean
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
May be graphic warning.

If I recall correctly, The pain of being burned, like other severe traumas, can render a person unconscious. It is part of the body's self preservation mechanism. So my prayer would be he was unconscious soon after it started.
Thankfully, MN did not have time to hurt him, wait for him to recover, and hurt him again. The time frame is too tight, imo.

Sweet boy, I am glad you knew how loved you were.

Noway
12-31-2010, 09:33 PM
I wonder if they found oxygen in the apartment. Is that something anyone can get? Do you need medical prescription? IDK

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 09:34 PM
I think I read somewhere that they were testing acetylene. Those burn very very hot. Propane isn't nearly as hot. It's actually used to light acetylene torches (according to DH). And LE said "crematorium" hot. (ETA: Propane torches are used for melting solder, caramelizing creme brulee, etc.)

:furious:

Yes, the torch the perp had by her own ommission is a cutting torch.

"I do have a cutting torch. I'm a welder. I would never do that. I have five grandkids," Nelson said. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780

I read about cutting torches today because I didn't know what they were. They run on acetylene and oxygen and are used to cut metals. They reach a temperature of 6000 degrees F. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_torch#Cutting_torch

Patty G
12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
I wonder if they found oxygen in the apartment. Is that something anyone can get? Do you need medical prescription? IDK

I had to get a prescription for my oxygen and was told not to light my gas stove, a candle or anything while using the oxygen as I could cause a fire!

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 09:40 PM
At the 6 o'clock news, they said they had not ruled out suffocation.

To me, it was more sensationalizing than "news" - he might have been burned to death. He might have been sexually abused. Then at the end of the segment, the reporter had to backtrack and say that homicide detectives said it was just one theory they had.

Thanks.

I think it is a logical theory.

LE found ties where he was bound. The welding torch was used in the home. And LE has the carpet that was burned and the experts will be able to determine if a chair was sitting there. Or if she bound him up and placed him on the floor there would be evidence of his flesh (that pains me to write that-sorry). If he whithered in unbelievable pain as he was being burned then the forensic biological evidence will be more wide spread.

It seems to me if she was going to desecrate the body by burning she would have taken him elsewhere in a secluded area to do that before she disposed of his little body.

Mona didn't need to tie this boy up to strangle him to death, imo. She looks strong as an ox to me and add evilness to it and he didnt stand a chance.

IMO

peeples
12-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I had to get a prescription for my oxygen and was told not to light my gas stove, a candle or anything while using the oxygen as I could cause a fire!

When my grandma was on oxygen we had special warnings posted on all the doors and everything warning of it being in the house.

passionflower
12-31-2010, 09:41 PM

"I do have a cutting torch. I'm a welder. I would never do that. I have five grandkids," Nelson said. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7872780

I read about cutting torches today because I didn't know what they were. They run on acetylene and oxygen and are used to cut metals. They reach a temperature of 6000 degrees F. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_torch#Cutting_torch

would that cut and burn at the same time??? :furious:

JenRen
12-31-2010, 09:41 PM
"Justice for Jonathan Foster" FB page if anyone is interested. They have a few photos from memorials and vigils posted.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall#!/pages/Justice-for-Jonathan-Foster/166569373386223

<Mods, please remove if I'm not allowed to post this>

Noway
12-31-2010, 09:43 PM

Thanks Patty. I thought that might be the case.

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 09:43 PM
There are a couple of posts earlier in this thread where the locals were watching a news cast at 6:00 PM CST and it appeared that one LE was thinking one thing and the other another way. I haven't seen the broadcast and waiting to see if a link becomes available so I can watch it myself.
Thank you.Do you know what they are saying or thier theories?

passionflower
12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
In the 20 min. presser, one of the LE said something about evidence (a garbage can) mentioned, then stopped and dropped the subject.
Did she have him in a metal type container when burning him???

I think I also heard something about a tote used in the transfer from truck to ditch.

Crosby87
12-31-2010, 09:45 PM

Here is what Michael Miller, the homicide investigator who interviewed MN said during the press conference...

snip

"MN provided a statement to us implicating others as well as herself. Those others have been put under the microscope and we interviewed them at length and documented every second of their day. They weren’t involved. She acted alone in this crime out of her own disregard for human life. She decided to take JF out of our world."

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:45 PM

One officer said on Friday that the autopsy has ruled out any trauma on the child's body. There were no broken bones or any signs of strangulation or head wounds, so officers said it now appears the child was killed with a welding torch that could be capable of 6,000-degree flames.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Whenever I have cooked fish in my home, I could smell the fish for days afterwards throughout the house. You would think that there would be more of a scent in the house besides what is on the portion of the rug! JMO

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Dear Prudence...I'm just catching up and wanted to respond to your question to my post in the last thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5950597&postcount=201)

Yes, Quanell X did get her killer to confess and testified against him in trial. (see links below).

As for his involvement in Jonathan's case...I think his actions are probably just as self-serving as the media station (s) that are using him to increase their ratings.

Similar to some of the posts I've seen from several here, people immediately associate his involvement and/or support, with the sentiments of "all black people" and / or "the black community"; which is offensive to me…and every person I associate with…whether they look like me and "my community"; or not. However, I also understand that his past behavior has left his present actions questionable, at best; which immediately leads to panic and dread when he gets involved with any case.

Most of all, I think it’s unfortunate that his involvement distracts from Jonathan.

I believe he will end up being instrumental to the prosecution of Mona, just as he has been in many other cases….and I also believe that the investigators working this case know this too.

* respectfully snipped by me
Thanks so much for the response everyone! It will be interesting to see if Quanell stays involved and what his role will be.

Noway
12-31-2010, 09:48 PM
would that cut and burn at the same time??? :furious:

My hub (who is not welder) said acetylene mixed with oxygen cuts steel. (He worked many years at company that smelted steel.)

Beyond Belief
12-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Personally I am completely traumatized by the violence inflicted on this young boy. Anyone who wants to run as far as they want from all this I understand completely.
This woman just needs to be removed from our world quickly, she just doesn't belong here.
I hope and pray Jonathans family is going to be able to cope with this tragedy.
This little guy was a good boy, obviously he co operated with his lifestyle changes and did well. A good child just waiting for Christmas to come. I sent an xbox to my 12 year old grandson for Christmas. I can hear him laughing and having fun with it in the background when I talk to my daughter on the phone. Then I think of Jonathan who should be doing the same thing. My heart breaks.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Re her neighbors' comments about her apartment:

A neighbor who declined to give her name said she thought the home and garage apartments were vacant.

Another said Nelson lived in a rear apartment but "kept to herself."

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 09:50 PM
May be graphic warning.

If I recall correctly, The pain of being burned, like other severe traumas, can render a person unconscious. It is part of the body's self preservation mechanism. So my prayer would be he was unconscious soon after it started.
Thankfully, MN did not have time to hurt him, wait for him to recover, and hurt him again. The time frame is too tight, imo.

Sweet boy, I am glad you knew how loved you were.

Yes, he would be unconscious at some point, but just think.... when any of us has had just the smallest burn from cooking or doing a project etc.... the instant pain we feel is intense and excruciating.

So no matter if Jonathan was rendered unconscious at some point....the few minutes he was aware had to be the most unbearable pain imaginable.

I think she gagged him so he couldn't scream.

IMO

lynnb
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
On the Justice for Jonathan facebook page, someone brought up the point that at the press conference it was stated the Medical examiner had said that he was not burned while alive. Does anyone remember that?

Patty G
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Thank you.Do you know what they are saying or thier theories?

I would have to go back and find the posts in this thread. I just glanced over reading posts and caught the one about one is thinking this and the other didn't think the same thing (paraphrasing).

The posts would be at the 6:00 PM CST zone or 7:00 EST for me.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
If she really used 1 of the large wleders to do this then i'm gonna say he may have been killed AT her home, but i doubt it was done IN her home. I thought maybe cement basement, but the componets of concrete start melting at 1,000 and up to 2,500 degrees.... and those big ones cut an even line, BUT heat is thrown off aside from just exactly where the heat is directed hence the need for the aprons and helmets etc....

Believe one HPD investigator is saying they feel they have the exact spot in her home---badly burned spot of her carpet which had heavy human death odor:

DNA tests are being ordered to analyze any bodily fluids.

One investigator assigned to the case said it now appears Foster was killed at that spot in Nelson's home within hours of being kidnapped from his family's home near Shepherd Drive and 43rd Street in Northwest Houston.

peeples
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
On the Justice for Jonathan facebook page, someone brought up the point that at the press conference it was stated the Medical examiner had said that he was not burned while alive. Does anyone remember that?

I believe it was stated there was no soot in his lungs.. but that's not a direct quote and i saw it posted on here

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 09:53 PM
My hub (who is not welder) said acetylene mixed with oxygen cuts steel. (He worked many years at company that smelted steel.)

Yes it sure does.

My hubby has a side business and he uses his welding torch to cut steel all the time.

What horrors.

IMO

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 09:56 PM
I believe it was stated there was no soot in his lungs.. but that's not a direct quote and i saw it posted on here

If she gagged him then a lot of the welding smoke wouldn't have gotten into his lungs.

Have they fully completed his autopsy?

I think she did use the welding torch to torture him to death right there in her home.

If she started at his feet then by the time she got to the upper part he most likely would have already stopped breathing.

IMO

Ransom
12-31-2010, 09:56 PM
OK just my opnion. Those cutting torches are huge and HOT. I don't believe one of those could be used in a house without setting something else on fire. Let alone near on ON carpeting. I think it's got to be one of the smaller ones whether it runs on acetalyne, propane or butane.

Plasma cutters (torches) have taken over the use of oxy-acetylene in most places. JMO

epiphany
12-31-2010, 09:58 PM

Believe no soot in his lungs may be why one feels that is not COD. Don't recall that being the ME, though.

Noway
12-31-2010, 09:59 PM
fine i'll delete my posts, i just figured finding out where he was killed had something to do with this forum.

I meant the discussion of how hot the torch was. I'm not sure there is a way to discuss this case and not use words or ask questions that would be upsetting.

belimom
12-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Personally I am completely traumatized by the violence inflicted on this young boy. Anyone who wants to run as far as they want from all this I understand completely.
This woman just needs to be removed from our world quickly, she just doesn't belong here.
I hope and pray Jonathans family is going to be able to cope with this tragedy.
This little guy was a good boy, obviously he co operated with his lifestyle changes and did well. A good child just waiting for Christmas to come. I sent an xbox to my 12 year old grandson for Christmas. I can hear him laughing and having fun with it in the background when I talk to my daughter on the phone. Then I think of Jonathan who should be doing the same thing. My heart breaks.

Beyond Belief, I can totally relate. Today we left my mom's home in the country to head home, and our kids played one more time with their cousins. I was reminded of Jonathan living with Renee, Glen, and their children out in the country - riding the 4-wheeler.

Here's a picture Renee posted of Jonathan and his cousins during a very happy time in his short life:

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/000_1327-1.jpg

Patty G
12-31-2010, 10:06 PM
There is a separate thread for family/friends that can visit for Information and Support so that they don't have to read the details in the main thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123650&highlight=Jonathan+Foster

Herding Cats
12-31-2010, 10:09 PM
And in response to

she gagged him then a lot of the welding smoke wouldn't have gotten into his lungs.
by Oceanblueeyes:

If he was gagged, you'd not find soot in his mouth, but he very well could've inhaled it via his nose...and would have made it to the back of the sinuses and/or throat, and perhaps into the lungs itself.

But I'm hesitant to think that the acetylene torch leaves much soot flying around to be inhaled, irrespective of him being gagged.

Soot, char, and other constituents of smoke is from other things burning - in a regular fire, sofas, curtains, walls, wood burn. When an autopsy says "no soot in the lungs", it means that it was either a very clean burning fire (e.g. like a torch) or it was not a typical fire, and did not burn as we see in our fireplaces and with most fires.

I can't rule out being torched to death based solely on no soot present. I wish I could.

And one small note of reassurance - once a burn is big enough and deep enough, the nerve bundles have been destroyed, and the pain would not be felt (there have been cases of people burned so badly they are unaware of their injuries). I know that does not help much, but I hold out hope that he had been unconscious before being burned...and, that once burned, it was so extensive that nerves and conduction impulses were disrupted and his pain was less.

I have nothing to say about MN. I usually do have something to say. But I just can't find the words for how I feel about this person.

God Bless you, Jonathan, and I know you are now safe in God's Arms. He's got all the newest video games, and all the time in eternity to play them.

Best-
Herding Cats

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 10:11 PM
I would have to go back and find the posts in this thread. I just glanced over reading posts and caught the one about one is thinking this and the other didn't think the same thing (paraphrasing).

The posts would be at the 6:00 PM CST zone or 7:00 EST for me.

I'm wondering if motive is something investigators are in disagreement about. I didn't see the 6 PM broadcast but this part of the article made me wonder:

As for a motive, one HPD investigator said officers believe sexual abuse was behind the crime.

The officer said there is no evidence to confirm the theory at this point, but police say there was no ransom demand after the boy was kidnapped, so one officer said, "That's the only other motive (that makes any sense)."

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Plasma cutters (torches) have taken over the use of oxy-acetylene in most places. JMO

My hubby has so many different types including the ones you have listed. In fact I gave him a plasma cutter for Christmas. However oxygen and acetylene are still the top sellers in the gas-welding industry.

If you travel any at all you will see the AirProducts and AirGas semis all over the united states delivering oxygen and acetylene on a daily basis.

IMO

epiphany
12-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Re the trash can, welding equipment and acetylene cylinders mentioned at yesterday's presser, as per TheHinkyMeter Site:

Jonathan’s body was completely burned, but was not burned at the location it was found. A crime dog capable of detecting accelerants used in arsons was brought to Jonathan’s body and did not hit for the presence of accelerants. During the search of Mona’s house it was discovered she was a welder and had welding equipment, including acetylene cylinders, at her home. (During this portion of the press conference the trash can was referred to again, but the statement about what it contained was interrupted and never completed.)

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/12/31/jonathan-foster-case-hpd-press-conference-covers-timeline-and-evidence/

BeanE
12-31-2010, 10:19 PM

Yes, just listened to it, and transcribed the relevant part. At 9:40 in this video.

Reporter asks: "Is there a possibility he was burned alive?"

Detective says: "I don't believe that, no. There's not. We've already conferred with the district, uh, the medical examiner's office, and that possibility does not exist."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

Beyond Belief
12-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Beyond Belief, I can totally relate. Today we left my mom's to head home, and our kids played one more time with their cousins, I was reminded of Jonathan living with Renee, Glen, and their children out in the country - riding the 4-wheeler.

Here's a picture Renee posted of Jonathan and his cousins during a very happy time in his short life:

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/000_1327-1.jpg
I saw the pictures, but thanks for bringing it forward.
We need to endure the details in this case so we know and are aware of the evils out there. If only we could find a way to protect people from becoming victims.
Articles said the they found twine on him, so that didn't burn, I thought that was odd.

scrunchngo
12-31-2010, 10:24 PM

<snipped> near the end of the article under "Evidence Detailed"

Arson dogs detected no accelerant on Jonathan's body, he said, adding that Nelson possibly used welding torches at her home. An autopsy found no soot in the boy's lungs, so Miller said Jonathan likely was not alive when he was burned

NOTE: While this article is dated December 31, 2010, it was originally published on December 30, 2010. (Thanks imamaze, found in media links thread post #14)

Just like to much with this case, conflicting statements contiue

peeples
12-31-2010, 10:25 PM
"I've never seen burns like this," said one officer who viewed the boy's body after it was found in a ditch off the Hardy Toll Road on Tuesday.

the burning was so intense and thorough that many veteran homicide investigators are struggling with the notion of such a grisly and painful way to die."

I'm struggling with how the twine survived unless it was put on after death

SmoothOperator
12-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi OCB! What soot would there be from an oxy-acetylene torch? With your husband having such extensive experience with these types of torches.. what would his opinion be about the presence of "soot" from the oxy-acetylene torch?..TIA

**Thank you for giving us your insight from your husband's experience..it's greatly appreciated because what can be found, googled, and read over the internet usually doesn't suffice with the details many of us sleuthers are wanting to know..:)

Openmind
12-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Yes, just listened to it, and transcribed the relevant part. At 9:40 in this video.

Detective says: "I don't believe that, no. There's not. We've already conferred with the district, uh, the medical examiner's office, and that possibility does not exist."

I so hope that is true.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm wondering if motive is something investigators are in disagreement about. I didn't see the 6 PM broadcast but this part of the article made me wonder:

As for a motive, one HPD investigator said officers believe sexual abuse was behind the crime.

The officer said there is no evidence to confirm the theory at this point, but police say there was no ransom demand after the boy was kidnapped, so one officer said, "That's the only other motive (that makes any sense)."

My only hope that during their thought process they throughout on the round table: drugs, revenge, etc., etc. as other sorts of motive and just not get stuck on one thought process that "just makes sense"! :banghead:

krazyfingerzz

She's the queen of psychopaths, especially when you consider that her sister said she behaved normally on Christmas! There's no getting around that report of what she left in the apartment. I'm floored. How do you turn something like that off, and go on like nothing happened? You don't, unless you're a psychopath.

belimom
Okay, all... one more thing...

Happy New Year, my WS buddies! I'm going to try to sign off for good tonight. It's New Year's Eve! We're driving up I-95 and will soon be stopping for the night. I want to now turn my attention to my own little family. I'm going to try to fill my head with warm wishes and happy thoughts for a wonderful 2011... I wish the same for each and every one of you.

For 2011...
http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/102507_peace_400x400.jpg

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
I can't get past mona saying this and when I can't get past something,then something is usually there.

Nelson: Stepdad Paid Me To Dump Body

Nelson told community activist Quanell X that police need to take a closer look at Jonathan's stepfather.

"She said she's not a child killer and she would never do this," community activist Quanell X said.

Quanell X said that Nelson told him she feels wrongly accused and that Davis had a hand in the boy's death.

"She said the stepfather, David, paid her $20 to dispose of a container, and in that container she later learned it was the child's body," said Quanell X.

You know,I just might believe and can go with what Mona said about the SD.That he offered her $20 to dump the body and it was in a container.That she did just that,burned his little body to not show how he died at her place and dump his body.It wasn't one of her better ideas to do it at her home and why in the open in a culvert?I'm starting to think she burned him already dead(abuse of a corpse)Maybe the SD did do something to little Jonathan.I just don't understand why he would be tied up though.Have LE checked to see if the SD had a container like she said.What did she say the container looked like.Who else did she say was involved?I am interested in looking at all things and possible theories.$20.Done dirt cheap.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
"I've never seen burns like this," said one officer who viewed the boy's body after it was found in a ditch off the Hardy Toll Road on Tuesday.

the burning was so intense and thorough that many veteran homicide investigators are struggling with the notion of such a grisly and painful way to die."

Gruesome to think about but I am assume MN burned portions of his body and not the entire body. Consequently, she could do this on the floor of her home.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 10:34 PM

Well I am getting confused.

One video has the officer saying he did not die by being burned up but this article states just the opposite.

investigators are struggling with the notion of such a grisly and painful way to die."

Beyond Belief
12-31-2010, 10:40 PM
All of this case is weird. The only thing I can possible come up with is that the woman over heard a derogatory comment made by someone close to Jonathan about her that just put her in a rage. Then this was her revenge. IDK

sherbetjello
12-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I regret stepping back in here tonight. This is all horrible; there really isn't a word to describe what it is, imo. This case gave my anxiety the night before last and I can't remember a time I was filled with so much anger, confusion, sadness and then, as of now, despair.

I guess all I can give here now is the support to JF's family, which belongs in another thread. I won't stick around for the rodeo/circus this will become. It's a sad world when people can't use their heads - or better yet, their hearts - to see that this young man was whipped out of his life by nothing less than a monster. To act on the behalf of anything else than that, well... I can't find any logic in it.

Still praying for his family, and his mother, and still... the quickest justice possible.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 10:43 PM
I can't get past mona saying this and when I can't get past something,then something is usually there.

Nelson told community activist Quanell X that police need to take a closer look at Jonathan's stepfather.

"She said she's not a child killer and she would never do this," community activist Quanell X said.

Quanell X said that Nelson told him she feels wrongly accused and that Davis had a hand in the boy's death.

"She said the stepfather, David, paid her $20 to dispose of a container, and in that container she later learned it was the child's body," said Quanell X.

You know,I just might believe and can go with what Mona said about the SD.That he offered her $20 to dump the body and it was in a container.That she did just that,burned his little body to not show how he died at her place and dump his body.It wasn't one of her better ideas to do it at her home and why in the open in a culvert?I'm starting to think she burned him already dead(abuse of a corpse)Maybe the SD did do something to little Jonathan.I just don't understand why he would be tied up though.Have LE checked to see if the SD had a container like she said.What did she say the container looked like.Who else did she say was involved?I am interested in looking at all things and possible theories.$20.Done dirt cheap.

I think LE has it dead to right. Mona did this despicable thing all on her own. She is just trying to implicate the step dad to save her own pathetic ***.

I am glad that it is not working and LE isn't buying a word of it.

She is the one who was A WELDER. She is the one that has the evidence in her home. I think she was hanging around up to no good and seized on the opportunity that Jonathan was alone and vulnerable. Most psychopaths can be charming when they are luring their victims.

She knows without a doubt she is going to get the death penalty for what she did to Jonathan. It like CA trying to say Kronk murdered Caylee imo. It ain't gonna fly.

LE is satisfied with all the alibis of his family members including his step dad.

I think she lured him away after she saw the step dad leave.

IMO

Noway
12-31-2010, 10:46 PM

Do you think Det. Miller has been had then? He is quoted as saying that MN provided a statement to LE implicating others as well as herself. Those others were put under the microscope and they weren't involved. MN acted alone.

Schmerty_Jones
12-31-2010, 10:46 PM
I wish we could rid the world of these horrors. It makes me sick thinking of these inhuman wretches who get pleasure harming their fellow human beings & enjoying plotting to eliminate the children & the weak.
I will be including this prayer in my new year wishes & resolve to pass this on & encourage the resolution to rid our world of evil people. It is a monunental task,but we can all do our part!:seeya:

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Gruesome to think about but I am assume MN burned portions of his body and not the entire body. Consequently, she could do this on the floor of her home.

WARNING GRAPHIC
That's what I was thinking. If she used a cutting torch then the burns went deep but maybe didn't cover every part of his body which could leave pieces of twine. Would for sure be burns the detectives have never seen before and gruesome.

I can not even begin to imagine that someone could accept $20 to dispose of a body and do it by burning it with a welding torch. Then when questioned by detectives be chatty and have no reaction, no remorse when accused of capital murder. That's inconceivable.

Filly
12-31-2010, 10:48 PM

What I'd like to know is why is a member of the New Black Panther Party involved?

imamaze
12-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Filly,

If I remember correctly MN wanted to talk to him.

SmoothOperator
12-31-2010, 10:56 PM
She's the queen of psychopaths, especially when you consider that her sister said she behaved normally on Christmas! There's no getting around that report of what she left in the apartment. I'm floored. How do you turn something like that off, and go on like nothing happened? You don't, unless you're a psychopath.

ITA krazyfingerzz and then to add to "how do you just turn something like that off?".. and when the totality of it all is looked at it becomes even more apparent socio/psychopathic seems too tame of a word..

because MN roughly left the duplex around 2pm with Jonathan and under 4 hours later she is on Rolled Alloy surveillance video placing Jonathans body in the culvert.. That means in under 4 hours SHE IS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FINISHED WITH ALL THAT SHE INFLICTED, ABUSED, DESECRATED, ETC, ETC TO LITTLE JONATHAN FOSTER AND HAS HIM TOSSED INTO A DITCH AS IF IT WAS AN OLD RUG THAT SHE DIDN'T HAVE A PLACE TO DUMP..and the kkicker is THIS....

SHE LEFT THE CULVERT/DITCH WHERE SHE HAD ATTEMPTED TO SHOVE JONATHAN'S REMAINS INTO AND DROVE DIRECTLY TO THE DUPLEX OF SHARON'S WHERE HIS MOM, ANGELA ALONG WITH OTHER NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS WERE INTIMATELY GATHERED CONSOLING ANGELA!!!!!!!

THIS WAS THIS PYSCHOPATHS NEXT STOP AFTER DUMPING PRECIOUS LITTLE JONATHAN FOSTER OFF THE SIDE OF A ROAD LESS THAN 4 MILES FROM THE DUPLEX..SHE GOES AND VISITS HER VICTIM'S MOM AT THE RESIDENCE WHERE SHE HAD ABDUCTED HIM FROM JUST 4 SHORT HOURS AGO... KNOWING WHAT SHE HAD BRUTALLY, SADISTICALLY, AND MONSTEROUSLY JUST INFLICTED ON THE INNOCENT CHILD THAT EVERYONE IS GATHERED AND WEEPING FOR... SHE ARROGANTLY, PROUDLY STRUTS BACK IN THAT DUPLEX AND BOASTS THAT SHE'D SEEN HIM AT 1230 AND TALKED WITH HIM, THEN PLANTS THE SEED IN HIS MOM'S MIND
THAT WHEN SHE SPOKE WITH HIM HE HAD NO SHIRT ON{imo insinuating that some type of sexual assault was possibly occuring}AND THAT SHE SENSED THAT SOMEONE ELSE WAS THERE IN THE DUPLEX WITH JONATHAN AT 1230 WHEN SHE STOPPED BY...PSYCHOPATHIC IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE IMO..

**why would MN make the odd/strange insinuation about Jonathan not having shirt on{along with that she thought there was someone in the duplex with Jonathan}..which to me insinuates that possible sexual activity/abuse was taking place...why would she do this? IMO to possibly set up that idea in case it was some how detected that Jonathan had indeed been sexually assaulted..but thats just my opinion..

but also in my opinion Mona went above and beyond to cover up and leave no discernable proof of sexual assault where Jonathan was concerned,,as I said JMO, tho..

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Do you think Det. Miller has been had then? He is quoted as saying that MN provided a statement to LE implicating others as well as herself. Those others were put under the microscope and they weren't involved. MN acted alone.
I believe somewhere an article said everyone was questioned again today?Don't get me wrong.I do strongly feel she could have done it on her own also.Anyone who can burn a body(a corpse,especially a child)is psychotic.I'm just looking into what everyone is saying and trying to figure out what I think happened.I would like to look at all angles and theories.I do believe she burned the body and hid him.Just maybe she really didn't kill him.I'd have to hear more as it all comes out.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Well I am getting confused.

One video has the officer saying he did not die by being burned up but this article states just the opposite.

investigators are struggling with the notion of such a grisly and painful way to die."

Can't imagine what the test results will show, but believe will be ugly.

SNIPPED

They also spent several hours organizing the carpet and other evidence confiscated from Nelson's home. One officer said, "We got all we need (from there)."

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi OCB! What soot would there be from an oxy-acetylene torch? With your husband having such extensive experience with these types of torches.. what would his opinion be about the presence of "soot" from the oxy-acetylene torch?..TIA

**Thank you for giving us your insight from your husband's experience..it's greatly appreciated because what can be found, googled, and read over the internet usually doesn't suffice with the details many of us sleuthers are wanting to know..:)

He has just gone to bed Smooth.

I will ask him in the morning but I do know that using a cutting torch gives off smoke.

My hubby doesn't use his welding torch nearly as much as he does his other welders but he used it all day on the 23rd and complained that he thought he had inhaled too much smoke while using it.

He said hours afterwards he could still smell the smoke in his nostrils and it had given him a headache.

A cutting torch has a blue flame so it is I can see how it would smoke as it is used to cut the metal.

IMO

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 11:01 PM
What I'd like to know is why is a member of the New Black Panther Party involved?
I am interested in this too.May I please ask.What is the New Black panther party?

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:01 PM
If anyone has "reasonable doubt" with regards to what part Mona had, then so will a JURY!

Kathaboo K
12-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I regret stepping back in here tonight. This is all horrible; there really isn't a word to describe what it is, imo. This case gave my anxiety the night before last and I can't remember a time I was filled with so much anger, confusion, sadness and then, as of now, despair.

I guess all I can give here now is the support to JF's family, which belongs in another thread. I won't stick around for the rodeo/circus this will become. It's a sad world when people can't use their heads - or better yet, their hearts - to see that this young man was whipped out of his life by nothing less than a monster. To act on the behalf of anything else than that, well... I can't find any logic in it.

Still praying for his family, and his mother, and still... the quickest justice possible.

I too feel the same way as you do,I've been reading thru the threads and am dumbfounded and at a loss for words on this case,how very very sad.

epiphany
12-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I believe somewhere an article said everyone was questioned again today?Don't get me wrong.I do strongly feel she could have done it on her own also.Anyone who can burn a body(a corpse,especially a child)is psychotic.I'm just looking into what everyone is saying and trying to figure out what I think happened.I would like to look at all angles and theories.I do believe she burned the body and hid him.Just maybe she really didn't kill him.I'd have to hear more as it all comes out.

Doesn't appear that Mom and SDad were re-interrogated again, at least IMO.

BBM; SNIPPED

Police spent Friday interviewing the child's family once again, shoring up the timeline of events and filling in routine gaps in the statements that were given immediately after the crime.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Can't imagine what the test results will show, but believe will be ugly.

SNIPPED

They also spent several hours organizing the carpet and other evidence confiscated from Nelson's home. One officer said, "We got all we need (from there)."

This leaves me to believe Jonathan's poor body was almost incinerated and a cutting torch sure would do that. It is like they are saying they are going to see if any bodily fluids survived. OMG just to think about the high degree of the flame coming out of the tip makes me nauseous and so broken hearted for this poor child.

Some in our world have gone completely over to the dark side. How in the world could someone do this????? How could they be this cold??? It is scary as heck.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 11:08 PM
If anyone has "reasonable doubt" with regards to what part Mona had, then so will a JURY!

I dont think so. That will depend on the evidence LE has collected and imo they have plenty and it is all against Mona.

IMO

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:08 PM

We aren't privy to all the evidence so that's a very strange statement to make.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
I am interested in this too.May I please ask.What is the New Black panther party?

Apparently Mona asked to meet with that guy.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
IMO -- Quannel X involves himself in most cases in Houston he feels are biased to minorities which is just about every high profile case. He may has just cause for some of those cases, but, IMHO, not this one. The evidence, horrific and cruel as it is, clearly points to MN. She may be a grandmother but that does not mean she is not a psychopath. Quannel may have been passing on what she said but that hardly makes it facts. The facts/evidence tells another story. It will be interesting to see if he continues to "counsel" her.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 11:11 PM
All of this case is weird. The only thing I can possible come up with is that the woman over heard a derogatory comment made by someone close to Jonathan about her that just put her in a rage. Then this was her revenge. IDK

This was way beyond anger and revenge to me BB.

This was sadistic and barbaric.

IMO

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:14 PM
We aren't privy to the evidence so that's a very strange statement to make.

I made my statement solely based on what we all are hearing via press conferences, timelines, evidence they stated they took and so on.

I don't find "reasonable doubt" to be a strange statement especially with the timeline of events from 1:45 PM to a little after 2:00 PM.

ETA: All it takes is ONE JUROR to have reasonable doubt!

mikeysmommom
12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
This was way beyond anger and revenge to me BB.

This was sadistic and barbaric.

IMO

ITA! I also think it should be classified as a hate crime, because to be able to be this cruel:furious: to an innocent child she was filled with hate.IMO

Filly
Filly,

If I remember correctly MN wanted to talk to him.

Thanks imamaze.

jjenny
I made my statement solely based on what we all are hearing via press conferences, timelines, evidence they stated they took and so on.

I don't find "reasonable doubt" to be a strange statement especially with the timeline of events from 1:45 PM to a little after 2:00 PM.

I find it strange because police isn't going to reveal all the evidence they have via a press conference.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 11:16 PM
I dont think so. That will depend on the evidence LE has collected and imo they have plenty and it is all against Mona.

IMO

The surveillance tape of her disposing the body is very convincing. I wonder if this woman will get a team of "high end" defense lawyers that will pull out all the tricks to excuse away her crime.

oceanblueeyes
12-31-2010, 11:19 PM
I find it strange because police isn't going to reveal all the evidence they have via a press conference.

You are right, Jenny, they aren't, but they did list enough to show me they have the right person who did this crime.

Can you even imagine how the jury will react when the surveillance video is shown of Mona disposing of Jonathan's body in the drainage ditch or the crime scene photos taken inside her home?

IMO

Filly
12-31-2010, 11:20 PM
ITA! I also think it should be classified as a hate crime, because to be able to be this cruel:furious: to an innocent child she was filled with hate.IMO

This is why I asked about the NBPP of which the original Black Panther Party doesn't even recognize. They're a anti-semetic, racist, militant group who don't obey by "white law". Or so they chant.

Indeed maybe she called on Quannel Evans to pass that information.

I know what you mean as every crime is hateful. In order for the hate crime to be tacked on they'd have to prove MN murdered that poor little boy motivated by prejudice against his race, color, Religion, disability...........IMO that was not the case.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I do feel Mona is guilty of disposing of the body - 100% and that can be confirmed via the surveillance camera.

I can lean towards the fact that perhaps after the death of Jonathan, Mona could have done the horrific acts, but someone has to prove to me that she killed Jonathan.

sherryk
12-31-2010, 11:21 PM

You have got to be kidding me, the above statements are nothing more than someone jumping into the ring so to speak to slip the race card into the mix. The next thing the "community activist" will do is pay for attorney for MN.

Quanell X's invitation to get together a "pity party" for MN is just as despicable as MN herself.

I do not know what exactly a "community activist" does however, I would hope that he is as caring and protective to Jonathan's mother and family who have has a child ripped from their arms in one of the most horrific ways anyone can even imagine.

The idea that anyone would believe the 20.00 to dump a container story that MN wants spew out neglects to give explanation of the evidence collected at her home.

MN can lawyer up and get those who wish to support her in the community to do just that if they wish to. With the information so far it seems as MN fate is death row. I do not believe that LE would name her as only suspect and make arrest as they did so soon and be so open about their confidence in the case unless she was the ONLY person that EVIDENCE led them to.

The community activist can throw a pity party on how she "feels" wrongly accused but the only victem in this is Jonathan and his family.

Beyond Belief
12-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Absolutely agree. But why direct hate at a 12 year old boy?

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 11:25 PM
I do feel Mona is guilty of disposing of the body - 100% and that can be confirmed via the surveillance camera.

I can lean towards the fact that perhaps after the death of Jonathan, Mona could have done the horrific acts, but someone has to prove to me that she killed Jonathan.
I agree and someone else wasn't involved.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:25 PM

Well maybe that's why forensic testing of her apartment is going on, don't you think? I am sure they will test the torches and the carpet, etc.

krazyfingerzz
12-31-2010, 11:27 PM

But consider this, for a moment. No matter if she used her tools after death, or was the cause of death, what does it say that she could go on as though nothing was wrong? It's almost worse to have burned the body. Anyone who would/could do that is really the only one that could be responsible in the first place. I don't know if that makes sense. Think about the video, and what they found in that apartment, and her behavior after. She might have been drunk, and dumped something that she didn't know about. Someone might have even burned a child in her home without her knowing (though the family was with police from about 3:30 so who that would be, I have no clue). Now, she wakes up the next day, sober, looks around, and just goes about her business? Not something that an innocent person would or could do. I want to say it's not something a sane person would/could do, but I really hate the thought of her using that plea. It's just that no matter how I look at it, she's it.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:28 PM
I agree and someone else wasn't involved.

:waitasec: but I think someone else IS involved and that person killed Jonathan!

I'm ready your post as you feel it was Mona alone! Am I correct in my thoughts?

Filly
12-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Absolutely agree. But why direct hate at a 12 year old boy?

For it to be classified a hate crime what? She was prejudiced against the little guy because he had ADD? He was Caucasian? He was maybe Baptist or name any other Religion.

Either she's a complete psycopath or there's something we're all missing.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Well maybe that's why forensic testing of her apartment is going on, don't you think? I am sure they will test the torches and the carpet, etc.

That will prove that the horrific act was done at the house, but will it show that the murder actually occured there?

It appears by reports that precious Jonathan was NOT alive at the time.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:32 PM
That will prove that the horrific act was done at the house, but will it show that the murder actually occured there?

It appears by reports that precious Jonathan was NOT alive at the time.

It doesn't appear so from the more recent report where LE think he was killed by a torch.
"One officer said on Friday that the autopsy has ruled out any trauma on the child's body. There were no broken bones or any signs of strangulation or head wounds, so officers said it now appears the child was killed with a welding torch that could be capable of 6,000-degree flames."

KellyConQueso
12-31-2010, 11:33 PM

From what I understand, AD went to her mother's house soon after a positive ID was made on the body. DD is on his own right now, and apparently trying to mourn this child all by himself. His time spent with this child seems to be almost equal to AD's in the past 5 years so who is to say his feelings are not on par with hers? I can completely understand why he might want to go elsewhere where he can get some support.

Dear Prudence
12-31-2010, 11:33 PM

ETA: All it takes is ONE JUROR to have reasonable doubt!

But a courtroom trial is completely different than what we're hearing in the media and from one press conference. This isn't Florida, no sunshine laws, all the evidence will be revealed at trial only.

Linda7NJ
12-31-2010, 11:35 PM

I don't know all of the evidence but I know SHE took that boy from his home to HERS. The "burning" evidence is in her home. The timeline is extremely narrow. Parents have been ruled out. I would have zero qualms sticking the needle in her arm myself.

Beyond Belief
12-31-2010, 11:35 PM
This killer was making a statement. Burn a body with a torch and leave it will where it will definitely be found. Whatever her thinking which I can't even begin to understand was trying to communicate somekind of message.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:36 PM
It doesn't appear so from the more recent report where LE think he was killed by a torch.
"One officer said on Friday that the autopsy has ruled out any trauma on the child's body. There were no broken bones or any signs of strangulation or head wounds, so officers said it now appears the child was killed with a welding torch that could be capable of 6,000-degree flames."

I did read that article and I thought that it was stated at the press conference that the child was not alive when it happened.

Openmind
12-31-2010, 11:36 PM

You have got to be kidding me, the above statements are nothing more than someone jumping into the ring so to speak to slip the race card into the mix. The next thing the "community activist" will do is pay for attorney for MN.

Quanell X's invitation to get together a "pity party" for MN is just as despicable as MN herself.

I do not know what exactly a "community activist" does however, I would hope that he is as caring and protective to Jonathan's mother and family who have has a child ripped from their arms in one of the most horrific ways anyone can even imagine.

The idea that anyone would believe the 20.00 to dump a container story that MN wants spew out neglects to give explanation of the evidence collected at her home.

MN can lawyer up and get those who wish to support her in the community to do just that if they wish to. With the information so far it seems as MN fate is death row. I do not believe that LE would name her as only suspect and make arrest as they did so soon and be so open about their confidence in the case unless she was the ONLY person that EVIDENCE led them to.

The community activist can throw a pity party on how she "feels" wrongly accused but the only victem in this is Jonathan and his family.

I don't think Quannell is getting any sympathy for MN from any part of the community. The interviews of the people that live in that area are expressing shock, dismay, and no one has said once MN is being mistreated or falsely accused. Some are surprised but isn't that true in just about all these cases? Who could ever guess you would know anyone capable of this kind of crime? It is the ultimate of evil.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't know all of the evidence but I know SHE took that boy from his home to HERS. The "burning" evidence is in her home. The timeline is extremely narrow. Parents have been ruled out. I would have zero qualms sticking the needle in her arm myself.

How do you know that she took him from his house to hers? Was there a witness that stated they saw Mona take Jonathan out of the house and get into Mona's truck?

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 11:37 PM
But consider this, for a moment. No matter if she used her tools after death, or was the cause of death, what does it say that she could go on as though nothing was wrong? It's almost worse to have burned the body. Anyone who would/could do that is really the only one that could be responsible in the first place. I don't know if that makes sense. Think about the video, and what they found in that apartment, and her behavior after. She might have been drunk, and dumped something that she didn't know about. Someone might have even burned a child in her home without her knowing (though the family was with police from about 3:30 so who that would be, I have no clue). Now, she wakes up the next day, sober, looks around, and just goes about her business? Not something that an innocent person would or could do. I want to say it's not something a sane person would/could do, but I really hate the thought of her using that plea. It's just that no matter how I look at it, she's it.
I do think she knew about the body in the container,I do think she burned him and disposed of the body.But I feel someone else may have killed him and she possibly was there.If there are other people involved they need to pay too.I agree with you.It was psychotic,sick and wrong for her to burn little Jonathan.It's makes me very mad.I will not defend her.

Linda7NJ
12-31-2010, 11:38 PM
:waitasec: but I think someone else IS involved and that person killed Jonathan!

Why do you feel someone else is involved and she didn't kill him? We know of nothing that indicates another being involved. Is it because she's a woman?

Filly
12-31-2010, 11:38 PM

Unfortunately I have to give you the Wiki version. Their site is undergoing changes or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

Linda7NJ
12-31-2010, 11:40 PM

Oh dear God! But I thought there was no evidence of smoke in his lungs? I so hope he didn't experience being burned alive. I will pray they missed something or he was knocked out, drugged, something!!!

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:40 PM
I did read that article and I thought that it was stated at the press conference that the child was not alive when it happened.

I think the part of the article quoted with my post speaks for itself.

Ms Suzanne
12-31-2010, 11:41 PM

I do too.I agree with you.Someone else killed little Jonathan.Maybe I worded that wrong.I'm sorry.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh dear God! But I thought there was no evidence of smoke in his lungs? I so hope he didn't experience being burned alive. I will pray they missed something or he was knocked out, drugged, something!!!

Because it's a torch and not fire maybe the smoke wouldn't be in the lungs? We know no gasoline was used in burning. I am sure at trial experts would be giving their opinions on what could have killed him.

Filly
This killer was making a statement. Burn a body with a torch and leave it will where it will definitely be found. Whatever her thinking which I can't even begin to understand was trying to communicate somekind of message.

Sadly I thought the same thing.

Even the Mafia wouldn't purposely murder and burn a child though. Well, the Italian Mafia.

lynnb
How do you know that she took him from his house to hers? Was there a witness that stated they saw Mona take Jonathan out of the house and get into Mona's truck?

You bring up a valid question. For all we know someone else may have brought Jonathan to Mona.

Linda7NJ
12-31-2010, 11:44 PM

There is a witness putting her at his home. There are the phone calls to mom's work from the boys home. He was burned in Mona's home.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Why do you feel someone else is involved and she didn't kill him? We know of nothing that indicates another being involved. Is it because she's a woman?

The timeline of events. Stepfather shows up at 1:45 PM and the rest is well known with the phone calls, who answer, mother home etc.

I would never rule out a woman when a murder happened.

Beyond Belief
12-31-2010, 11:46 PM
I have alot of splinters in my backside from sitting on fences, but not this time. Female voice on the phone, burned carpet in her apt, video at the drop site. I would just like to know the "why".

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:46 PM
The timeline of events. Stepfather shows up at 1:45 PM and the rest is well known with the phone calls, who answer, mother home etc.

I am pretty sure police know the timeline a lot better than we are.
I presume it makes sense to them or they wouldn't rule everyone else out.

lynnb
12-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Bumping this post from Bean. We have conflicting reports as of now. At the press conference the detective said the possibility does not exist. Now today they are saying the possibility does exist.

SuziQ
12-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Over the many years I have been here, I have often posted my opinions on female murderers, and predators. I have always felt a lot of unsolved cases were done by a female, and they have gotten away with evil acts for years.

Maybe more will be solved if LE opens their eyes more as to what some women are capable of doing. I hope so for the victims that have never seen justice.

Post respectfully snipped. I firmly believe this as well. Very good post IMO.

Patty G
12-31-2010, 11:48 PM
There is a witness putting her at his home. There are the phone calls to mom's work from the boys home. He was burned in Mona's home.

Where's the witness that sees Mona leaving with Jonathan? We know the step-father was at the house at 1:45 PM too as he admitted that one himself at some point (IMO).

:waitasec: that makes two people at the house within the same amount of time.

jjenny
12-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Bumping this post from Bean. We have conflicting reports as of now. At the press conference the detective said the possibility does not exist. Now today they are saying the possibility does exist.

We have to remember these detectives aren't medical examiners. I am sure at trial medical examiners will testify as to what could have killed him. Possibly being torched to death gotta be very unusual cause of death so that could add to the confusion as to whether one should expect sot in the lungs or not.

Linda7NJ
12-31-2010, 11:49 PM

I am a "beyond a REASONABLE doubt" kinda gal.

I am comfortable connecting the dots right now. I don't need a witness or a video tape to show she transported him there. She was at his house, he ended up in hers. Burned and later dumped by her.

Now pass me that needle!