PDA

View Full Version : TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

carmenU
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=ajk;5974418]do know in this area there is realy bad signals, if you have att you might as well not have a phone in some places, i accually had a place outside i had to go to talk and not loose signal. i called it my phone booth.[/QUOTE)
That is very funny!! It must be a real hassle.I can imagine if I had to do that I would probable have a nice chair, table to make myself comfortable. I would decorate.The idea make me laugh.

czgtz
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I would think anyone who took a LD test would be connected to the family in some way...either a friend, relative, etc...so that does not really narrow it down for me. but I can't imagine why a group of people should fail, if true.

I totally agree. What in the world could cause people to fail? Stress? Grief?

oviedo
01-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Just putting this out there (because of course I know nothing, and am not implying anything either)... what makes a handful? Is a handful more than a few?

I am thinking 3-4. Jeez I hope this isn't like the 14 year old who ended up burned (Alicia Debolt)

Velouria
01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Manager Pete Kampfer said Adkins took a lie detector test.

Jones said Hailey didn't care much for Adkins. "She don't like Shawn being there; but she wants her mom and dad to go back together," she said.

Hailey's mother and father separated 3 years ago; Jones says the divorce was hard on Hailey.

another snip~

On Wednesday Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer said Adkins took a lie detector test.

And just one more snip~

In that home in Colorado City, Hailey lives with Billie Jean and her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins.

Color me thoroughly confused now. I thought Billie stated that SA in fact did NOT live at her residence, but sometimes stayed the night. So which is it?

Not sure whether to believe SA in fact did take a lie detector test, given this discrepancy.

Patty G
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Patty, you can catch up real quick here: (all the previously linked articles are in one place)

in a nutshell SA took a poly.

Billie says a handful of people connected to the family have been told they failed their poly without naming names

it was rumored that SA took off but he is at his mother's house and police are aware of his whereabouts

they are considering an aerial search of town

police are following up on a new lead today

the landfill in snyder has been searched during the course of the case

(((hmm... did I miss anything?....)))

oh yeah... Hailey's grandmother's say that she did not like the boyfriend being there and wanted her parents back together. The divorce has been hard on her

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/find-hailey-dunn

http://www.ccitynews.net/

((multiple articles at above links to back up paraphrasing))

Thank you.

My concern is "do we believe the uncle and brother NOW, when they indicated yesterday that SA didn't take the poly and NOW we know that SA took the poly?"

Should we now believe that the uncle passed his poly?

MCDRAW
CBS7News (http://twitter.com/#!/CBS7News) CBS 7

The Lamar sign company is posting message about Hailey on their digital billboards all along I-20. Usually done for Amber Alerts only.

1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/#!/CBS7News/status/23074331349229569) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

amysmom
oh yeah... Hailey's grandmother's say that she did not like the boyfriend being there and wanted her parents back together. The divorce has been hard on her

There's also her friend who said H didn't like being around BF/SD.

LotsaLatte
Does anyone know if the reservoir(s) have been part of any searches? I saw a couple on googlemaps - NW of town it looks like. Or are they not easy to access? Please forgive my ignorance on the area as I am not familiar with it and just using googlemaps for info.

carmenU
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
To the locals:
The young lady, on video, who stated that Hailey was uncomfortable with boyfriend- is she one of Haileys friends? NO names please as she is a minor.

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
As much debate about LD tests as exists, I can't think of too many people who took them and failed and later found to have nothing to do with the event. There are some, of course, as with everything, but it does seem unusual that more than one person would not pass. We don't know the questions, of course, but still...very strange. Unless Billie was told that, so as to not single out any one person.

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
As much debate about LD tests as exists, I can't think of too many people who took them and failed and later found to have nothing to do with the event. There are some, of course, as with everything, but it does seem unusual that more than one person would not pass. We don't know the questions, of course, but still...very strange. Unless Billie was told that, so as to not single out any one person.

Bingo.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
possible reason he refused tests:

when taking a poly they tell you all the questions that will be asked before they give the actual test... if he was apprehensive I could see that being a valid reason, no?

Will I know what the questions are prior to the test?
Yes. Each question that will be asked during the test will be read, and explained to you before you take the actual test. There will be no surprise or trick questions, all questions are reviewed before the test is administered!
http://www.accreditedpolygraphservices.com/polygraph-questions.php#question-8

just something to consider

passionflower
01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Most children at that age do fantasize about mom and dad getting back together.
I can see having SA in her mom's life made Hailey not like him.
Wonder if she accepted dad's GF and new baby.
Did dad's GF take a poly also???

Fisherdog
01-06-2011, 01:58 PM

I actually failed one years ago when applying for a job (car sales job of all things!) - Never did find out why/how I failed other than that I was a nervous 18 year old...

6 months later I was working for a PD after having passed one with flying colors. Honestly not sure how much credibility I place on them.

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 01:59 PM

I wondered why the GF couldn't remember if Hailey came by on the 27th

amysmom
To the locals:
The young lady, on video, who stated that Hailey was uncomfortable with boyfriend- is she one of Haileys friends? NO names please as she is a minor.

They said she was..Sorry I can't find the link to the video. :banghead:

Princess of Oz

B&LBM: Exactly what I was thinking!

belimom
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Remember, it has been reported that numerous people have taken polygraphs. Who all has been mentioned?

I was thinking the same thing. I automatically think "3 to 5" when "handful" is used. I don't know why. But it does bother me that it's possible that even one person may have NOT passed the polygraph, let alone a handful. Very disturbing to me.

I can't imagine that LE would give out many polygraphs w/o reason. It takes time/money - so it would have to be key players:
- family members
- SA (last person to see her, standard)
- anyone she reportedly saw/visited that day
- anyone who spoke up about seeing her (neighbor; lady who said she saw H walking with a girl/boy)
- anyone else who was implicated during questioning or who had access to her

Any other ideas?

czgtz
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Well, I have to go. Please continue to pray for Hailey's safe return, and for God to keep His hand on Hailey and her family.

And listen to Billie.

ajk
e

It's a nearby town to Colo. City. Mom works there and SA is from there.
snyder is also where all trash is taken from town they have just started a new thing where the city does not get the trash anymore its a company called duncan disposal, they were contacted and asked where they have dumped trash for ccity in that time frame.

belimom

Very possible. If we listen to what Billie is saying... she says that is what LE "told" several people...

Edit: correction

LotsaLatte
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I actually failed one years ago when applying for a job (car sales job of all things!) - Never did find out why/how I failed other than that I was a nervous 18 year old...

6 months later I was working for a PD after having passed one with flying colors. Honestly not sure how much credibility I place on them.

Maybe you were too honest? Sorry, but I am a bit jaded - my attempt at a bit of humor - having spent too many years with my ex - a car sales manager - :crazy:

Re: Hailey - I just keep hoping and praying for a miracle here. I have been glued here - I am so hoping for her to be home now!

Wise Old Owl
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Would they give polys to juveniles? Could that "handful" of people have included some of Hailey's friends?

I was waffling back and forth in the beginning when her friend said she hadn't seen her. We've had cases here where a bunch of kids go out to party and something happens to one of them and they all scatter.

I know that SA doesn't look real good right about now and I get it. But with LE spending so much time in the shed yesterday and now a "handful" of people taking polys.

Just a different thought.....

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I took a polygraph a few years ago for my job, when some money went missing. I am and was on prescription painkillers. I have to keep my first pill of the day next to my bed to let it "work" a bit so I can climb out. I don't work anymore, but in any case, I told the investigators I was on them, and said I still wanted to take it, as I was paranoid about being suspected. I did take it and did pass. The questions were very specific as to the event in question, and although I was very nervous, I did not have a problem passing.

amysmom
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Many of us have been wondering about this too! I can't think of one good reason/excuse for it..I don't buy she's too tired from caring for her newborn..Most all of us have been there, done that, & haven't lost our brains.

eta..Our minds maybe but that's not exactly the same thing :)

Velouria
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM

MCDRAW, I can understand the GF possibly being confused about exact dates when 1) Hailey regularly dropped by one or more times a day, and 2) as a new mom, she may not be getting much sleep, hence the days sometimes run together.

ThoughtFox
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
If several people failed on the same questions, and they were closely connected before the girl went missing, then it's more likely a conspiracy to hide a body. That's the real point of that statement.

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
In a strong city-manager form of government, he is the top official - police and fire chiefs would report to him, etc. He probably feels it is his responsibility.

Yes, that is my understanding. The City Manager is "The Boss". CM would answer to city council. If communicating with the public and handling news media is not the Chief's cup of tea it makes sense to have a different spokesperson. Most larger departments have a public relations officer, just to spare administration from having to handle every media request themselves. Like I said before- delegate to the person who is best for the task at hand!

At least communication is better now than it was last week! Progress!

fhc
01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Very possible. If we listen to what Billie is saying... she says that is what LE "told" her...

ITA, LE have used the divide & conquer approach to find the truth, if anyone associated with the case actually knows the truth.

StrayKat
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Maybe, they need more experienced test givers.

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Many of us have been wondering about this too! I can't think of one good reason/excuse for it..I don't buy she's too tired from caring for her newborn..Most all of us have been there, done that, & haven't lost our brains.

eta..Our minds maybe but that's not exactly the same thing :)

I had a baby that didn't sleep for 18 months and three other small children running around, I know tired. But I would know when someone stopped by. No one is talking about it but to me that is a red flag. How do we know that she didn't make it there? Not accusing, just wondering

Beyond Belief
01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I am wondering if they are all stumbling on the same question.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
UPDATE 12:00 PM

Colorado City, Texas -

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice search guards and dogs did a "grid search" overnight, even scouring the riverbeds.

Colorado City officials confirm Texas Rangers have heard that Hailey’s mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, has skipped town. It has not been confirmed by officials that he has skipped polygraph testing.

Adkins has not been named a suspect and authorities have not been able to corroborate this account.

City officials confirm they are sending the DPS helicopter to continue searching the area.

Yesterday, authorities were focusing their search on the home of Hailey Dunn and a shed just behind it.

Several officials were seen carrying out bags of what appear to be evidence.

Meanwhile, city officials say foul play is now a possibility.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

belimom
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Hailey Dunn's mother says a handful of people connected to her family were told by authorities that they failed polygraph tests that have been administered over the last few days.
Billie Dunn wasn't prepared to name names. However, she told KTAB's Priscilla Luong she and her family's frustration is beginning to mount.

According to Billie Dunn, her boyfriend Shawn Adkins did take a polygraph test. After the test, he did not return to the home he shares with Billie Dunn.

Sources tell KTAB News he is not in custody and authorities are aware of his whereabouts.http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

Just bumping this for the original quote about what Billie said...

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe, they need more experienced test givers.

If the Texas Rangers are taking over, they should be plenty experienced. I would hope that they are.

I do NOT get the dad's girlfriend not remembering what happened the day before. I feel sure she was asked on Tuesday if she had seen H on Monday. How can she not know if she saw her? I am not feeling that she is guilty, but it makes no sense at all. Days run together if you are questioned weeks later. She must have been asked almost as soon as it was said that H was heading over there.

peeples
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I had a baby that didn't sleep for 18 months and three other small children running around, I know tired. But I would know when someone stopped by. No one is talking about it but to me that is a red flag. How do we know that she didn't make it there? Not accusing, just wondering

I'm with you MCDRAW.

I had a 20 month old and newborn preemie twins on monitors and oxygen that kept sending off alarms every 20 minutes, plus sleeping and eating on opposite shifts and i can remember being so tired i hallucinated and it wasn't safe to drive, but I could have told you who was coming and going from my home (no one because i had no help LOL)

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
MCDRAW, I can understand the GF possibly being confused about exact dates when 1) Hailey regularly dropped by one or more times a day, and 2) as a new mom, she may not be getting much sleep, hence the days sometimes run together.

one of my son's friends regularly drops by, It may take me a minute but I can tell you what days he was here. Hopefully since she has thought about it now, she can remember

ThoughtFox
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
ITA, LE have used the divide & conquer approach to find the truth, if anyone associated with the case actually knows the truth.

Yes, I agree. They split them up and asked them the same questions to see who would trip up or give conflicting accounts. Smart thing to do. :twocents:

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I do hope LE will clear anyone they can, and say so. In small towns, rumors spread fast and stick. But it may be hard to do so, until she is found. :(

Crosby87
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
They said she was..Sorry I can't find the link to the video. :banghead:

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13779246

Link to the video where Hailey's friend states Hailey said she feared SA.

Beyond Belief
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
So did SA really skip town? If so, this is ridiculous.

tabacue
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this situation. Looking at this logically, I see someone who had a big blow up at work and lost their job (quit or fired). The combination of those two things = a stressful event. Stressful events can cause people to behave in tragic atypical ways.

I have a 12 year old and if something ever happened I would never want to believe that my boyfriend could be responsible. Having a child missing would inhibit logical thinking (at least my own). I would probably be grasping at straws to find ways the people closest to me were innocent because it would be very hard to accept (actually hard isn't the word....inconceivable).

Lastly, I have looked at the open FB page and think some of the comments were odd. Maybe they were all song lyrics, but odd just the same. Not completely convinced that something might have been going on that family wasn't aware of.

I googled Rx that impact LDT and thought this may be of interest:

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5766423_drugs-affect-lie-detector-test.html

Snipped from link:

Blood pressure medications affect lie detector tests more than any other drug.

Benzodiazepines, sedatives used to treat anxiety, are oftentimes taken in an effort to "beat" a lie detector test.
Of course, we all know people take sedatives for reasons other that defeating a lie detector

All JMO...

ThoughtFox
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I do hope LE will clear anyone they can, and say so. In small towns, rumors spread fast and stick. But it may be hard to do so, until she is found. :(

They can't really think about the well-being of the town right now. That's hardly of importance when a young girl could be in dire straits because people are lying. :twocents:

And it's much better for the town to get rid of a "handful" of liars than to keep it all nice and below the surface. They can't ignore conflicting statements or a possible cover-up.

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
So did SA really skip town? If so, this is ridiculous.

The Texas Rangers are not denying that the boyfriend of Hailey's mother left town Wednesday night. #HaileyDunn (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23HaileyDunn)

32 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/CBS7News/status/23073038002028544) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

I read some where, can't remember where, that he went to his Mom's

passionflower
01-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I wonder how close SA and dad's GF are.............

impatientredhead
01-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Rumors that Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, has disappeared are unfounded according to family friends.

Reports were circulated that Adkins fled during a polygraph test Wednesday.

"He is not missing," said Peggy, a family friend, who asked not to use her last name. "Family friends have said he is in Big Spring at his mother's."

another snip~~~

That there were a number of failed polygraphs was, however, confirmed by a family friend, now staying at the Dunn residence on 1804 Chestnut.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/rumors-missing-boyfriend-unfounded

I think it is very poorly worded but means several tests were not(failed to be) taken.

Either that or they need a new test giver brought it asap.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM

The Texas Rangers are not denying that the boyfriend of Hailey's mother left town Wednesday night. #HaileyDunn (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23HaileyDunn)

32 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/CBS7News/status/23073038002028544) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

I read some where, can't remember where, that he went to his Mom's

"He is not missing," said Peggy, a family friend, who asked not to use her last name. "Family friends have said he is in Big Spring at his mother's."

aside: I wonder if skipping town=leaving town to stay at Mother's without telling anyone???? eta: going to his mother's house would technically be "leaving" the town of Colorado City fwiw

belimom
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
...(snipped)...
Lastly, I have looked at the open FB page and think some of the comments were odd. Maybe they were all song lyrics, but odd just the same. Snipped:...(snipped)...

Tabacue... you may want to check here before quoting from social network sites: About Social Networks... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

kantoo
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Shawn Adkins parents live in Big Spring, Tx approximately 40 miles away.

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, I have to go to a doctor's appointment, am really hoping for news or a PC when I get back...:(

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I think it is very poorly worded but means several tests were not(failed to be) taken.

Either that or they need a new test giver brought it asap.
this article says it better:

Hailey Dunn's mother says a handful of people connected to her family were told by authorities that they failed polygraph tests that have been administered over the last few days.http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

impatientredhead
one of my son's friends regularly drops by, It may take me a minute but I can tell you what days he was here. Hopefully since she has thought about it now, she can remember

Our business partners son comes to the office after school and hangs out with his dad until it is time to head home, or for someone to pick him up for cub scouts etc...

If something happened to him it would be really easy for me to not know what day I last saw him, or if I was convinced I did know and LE questioning to convince me maybe it was the day before.

It is a frequent visit, I am not responsible for him, and my days somewhat blend together as far as routine. Actually as I think about it now I don't know what day I last saw him.

JLMcKenna83
I just want to clear something up about polygraph's being inadmissible in court....

They are admissible in 20 states and Federal Court....

(most of the laws for it vary state by state, however, most states that allow their use in court require the consent of both parties for them to be admissible)

However, in Texas they are not admissible.

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 02:27 PM

aside: I wonder if skipping town=leaving town to stay at Mother's without telling anyone???? eta: going to his mother's house would technically be "leaving" the town of Colorado City fwiw

Personally I think leaving town and being missing are two different things. I do wonder what made him go stay with his Mother after taking a poly if it's true that he hasn't left BD's side during this whole trying time.

Lera213
01-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I am 5 threads behind, so I have no idea if this suggestion was mentioned but perhaps the school can let the students know they can submit an anonymous tip, set up maybe a box where a student can write down information they would otherwise not want to relay or share with their parent, police, teacher, or even another friend?

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 02:28 PM
reward has increased:

As of Thursday at noon, the amount of reward money offered for Hailey's safe return which stood at $10,000, has been increased to $15,000.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead-reward-increased

tabacue
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Tabacue... you may want to check here before quoting from social network sites: About Social Networks... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122503)

Thanks Belimom...I thought I was doing it right.

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Our business partners son comes to the office after school and hangs out with his dad until it is time to head home, or for someone to pick him up for cub scouts etc...

If something happened to him it would be really easy for me to not know what day I last saw him, or if I was convinced I did know and LE questioning to convince me maybe it was the day before.

It is a frequent visit, I am not responsible for him, and my days somewhat blend together as far as routine. Actually as I think about it now I don't know what day I last saw him.

I would think an office would be different than your home. But maybe it's just me. People are in and out of here all the time but I don't really like company so maybe I keep up with it more especially teenagers because I have to keep up with what they are up too.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/06/rpt-boyfriend-of-missing-cheerleaders-mom-refuses-poly/

here we go folks.....

hope Nancy gets it right tonight... hope she has a producer on the ground

belimom
01-06-2011, 02:32 PM
this article says it better:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

So this can be looked at two ways:

1) a number of people connected to the family FAILED the polygraphs, and the family is frustrated with these people/lies

OR

2) a number of people connected to the family WERE TOLD BY LE that they failed the polygraphs, and the family is frustrated with LE (either they think LE is wrong or that LE isn't telling them the truth)

Really, I see that as the two ways what Billie is saying can be interpreted.

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, I have to go to a doctor's appointment, am really hoping for news or a PC when I get back...:(

Good thing you are headed to the doc 'cause now you are starting to imagine things!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

(maybe you need some of those anti-lie detector, ummm, I mean anti-anxiety meds!)

fhc
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Czg..said to listen to what BD says. In the video of her talking BD says she trusts authorities, what she is being told. iirc, it was the latest BigCountry story.

hollye
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Personally I think leaving town and being missing are two different things. I do wonder what made him go stay with his Mother after taking a poly if it's true that he hasn't left BD's side during this whole trying time.

I would imagine that the general discomfort of being in the spotlight as unofficial persons of interest may cause him to stay elsewhere for a while, whether it be from media or even Billie and Clint's family members. Guilty or not, if I were in his shoes, I would likely choose to stay with my blood relatives, than the family of the child that I am unofficially being looked at as having caused to go missing.

JMOO

doughgirl07
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
As devils advocate, if we are looking at statement as it was made- handful failing ...-
Let's not forget MB and whomever may have been at her house ?

MCDRAW
I would imagine that the general discomfort of being in the spotlight as unofficial persons of interest may cause him to stay elsewhere for a while, whether it be from media or even Billie and Clint's family members. Guilty or not, if I were in his shoes, I would likely choose to stay with my blood relatives, than the family of the child that I am unofficially being looked at as having caused to go missing.

JMOO

I think I would too. I just think he picked a bad time to go, if he went right after his poly.

Velouria
I do wonder what made him go stay with his Mother after taking a poly if it's true that he hasn't left BD's side during this whole trying time.

So they can get their stories straight?

Sorry, thinking out loud.

Lera213
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
IT seems to me that the mere fact of what she was wearing tells me she wasn't expecting to be out long. I doubt she hid shoes. She could have had other clothing on under the sweat pants but since the story was she was going to stay at her friends for the night, it wouldn't have looked suspicious if she took clothes with her.

I use to live in Abilene but never been to Snyder. Would Snyder look like 1997 Abilene?

brownies
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Just some of my thoughts - in no particular order of importance:

Have heard nothing about brothers activities that day other than he was "coming and going"; where was he coming and going to? Nor have I heard anything about any of his friends.

Things aren't looking good for SA. But I did have another thought: he had a "blow-out" at work? With whom? Did someone seek revenge on him by getting Hailey?

And for some odd reason, Im disturbed about dads GF. Jealousy can make people do horrendous things. Could there have been an issue there? New mommy - drastic hormonal changes - lack of sleep. . .

I also have a feeling that numerous "key people" are using recreational drugs. Snooping around social networking sites, seeing pics on their friends profiles depicting weed and pipes. Friends usually hang with people with similar interests and doing activities they enjoy doing, together. =(

Ellebelle
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't understand what relevance the level of nursing care Billie performs has on this case. Please explain.

Actually just kind of proud of her. It shows to me that she has attended more college than a lot of people, and then we hear how she works the 12 hour shifts with two kids and living as a single mom.

I am very curious about the dad and if he works, and if he worked while they were together or if she was the lone worker. He kind of scared me Tuesday night. I understand the gravity of what they are facing but he looked like a loose canon. Hoping it's just the situation that is bringing that out.

Just trying to put the pieces together about the men she chooses to be in her life.

hollye
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I would think an office would be different than your home. But maybe it's just me. People are in and out of here all the time but I don't really like company so maybe I keep up with it more especially teenagers because I have to keep up with what they are up too.

With a frequently as I gather that Hailey is in and out of both residences, I can tell you that I would be hard pressed to recall exactly which day and what time I last saw her, especially with the added stressors of that person now having gone missing.

Case in point, my husband watches my nieces in our home during the week. It varies as to whether my brother or my SIL drops them off and picks them up and varies by time, but it is still routine for them to drop off and ick up their kids daily. I have found myself on numerous occassions not remembering who dropped off or who picked up on a given day during that week and what time. It is so routine, but such a variable routine, that sometimes I can't recall. Since it is routine, the actual event doesn't tend to stick in my mind, unless there is something variable about that event, such as one of the girls have a meltdown. Does that make sense?

Maybe in Clint's GF's case, Hailey did stop by, but it was just a normal event, nothing specific standing out, that she can't recall if it was that day or another.

While this sounds kind of screwy, I can understand that.

impatientredhead
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM

My thought is the new girlfriend is probably not a primary care giver for a teenager that she hasn't been around all that long (all things considered) and she is taking care of a little one. With the houses being that close together I would picture Hailey popping in and out to get things frequently, not necessarily checking in with the new girlfriend, asking for help, or updating her whereabouts.

In your case kids popping in and out of the house tie back to your monitoring of your own kids, know what I mean? You are aware what yours are doing, who they are with, so the friend popping in hits your radar (and your natural maternal monitoring).

In my case there are three of us that work in the office.
If I was in the press saying I didn't know if our partners child was here last on monday or wednesday (a child I have known since he was born) everyone would be debating how I could not know in a group that small, I am the only female I should be more aware of a child, etc.....

For me that one is just not a redflag.

StrayKat
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
IT seems to me that the mere fact of what she was wearing tells me she wasn't expecting to be out long. I doubt she hid shoes. She could have had other clothing on under the sweat pants but since the story was she was going to stay at her friends for the night, it wouldn't have looked suspicious if she took clothes with her.

I use to live in Abilene but never been to Snyder. Would Snyder look like 1997 Abilene?

Ha Ha more like 1967 Abilene.

Lera213
Oh My, is Nancy Grace report accurate? Would love to hear from family friend on this?

hollye
I think I would too. I just think he picked a bad time to go, if he went right after his poly.

Most definitely, but then stress does strange things to people and cause them to not necessarily think straight.

I do have a questions though...do we know for certain that, up until yesterday, he had been staying with Billie?

Strawberry Fields
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Have a question about the "dog searches". If this has already been mentioned earlier, and anyone could give me the "general vicinity" of where I could find this answer, then I'll just go back in the threads.

But what has been bugging me about these dogs "picking up scents" for Hailey here and there, it strikes me that she probably has been all over these areas all the time, not just the last day she was seen. I know a dog could not determine when the "so-called" scent from Hailey may have been left there where they are detecting it. Again, sorry if this has been explained already from our expert.

lisser
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I am firmly on the fence with this one. I can't decide which side of it to fall on. That being said, one thing is bugging me.

Why would BD, the only one with a solid alibi, get questioned (IIRC "interrogated" was her word) for 12 hours straight, while SA, the apparent last person to see HD is free to leave town after either refusing or failing a poly?

I'm not trying to implicate BD at all, because I don't believe she has anything to do with this, but I'm wondering now if SA doesn't either. Maybe BD was questioned because she can provide the answers about the evidence that was removed from the house and shed more so than SA could/can.

KathrynL
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Posted in the last 1/2 hour, here is a snippet:

"They've intensified the search since yesterday. They've confirmed some leads and are going with them today," Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I am firmly on the fence with this one. I can't decide which side of it to fall on. That being said, one thing is bugging me.

Why would BD, the only one with a solid alibi, get questioned (IIRC "interrogated" was her word) for 12 hours straight, while SA, the apparent last person to see HD is free to leave town after either refusing or failing a poly?

I'm not trying to implicate BD at all, because I don't believe she has anything to do with this, but I'm wondering now if SA doesn't either. Maybe BD was questioned because she can provide the answers about the evidence that was removed from the house and shed more so than SA could/can.

BBM Because they need a minute by minute accounting of her time spent w/ SA imo. They need to know who else comes in contact with her daughter, her relationships w/ others...etc...a million things that a mom knows.

SA was free to leave because he was never arrested. He had every legal right to refuse a poly and if in fact that he may have exercised that right can NOT be held against him, neither can the fact he was the last known person to see her. You can't just arrest him or hold him based on those things. He has every legal right to not say another stinking word if he so choses.

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 03:06 PM
My thought is the new girlfriend is probably not a primary care giver for a teenager that she hasn't been around all that long (all things considered) and she is taking care of a little one. With the houses being that close together I would picture Hailey popping in and out to get things frequently, not necessarily checking in with the new girlfriend, asking for help, or updating her whereabouts.

In your case kids popping in and out of the house tie back to your monitoring of your own kids, know what I mean? You are aware what yours are doing, who they are with, so the friend popping in hits your radar (and your natural maternal monitoring).

If I was in the press saying I didn't know if our partners child was here last on monday or wednesday (a child I have known since he was born) everyone would be debating how I could not know in a group that small, I am the only female I should be more aware of a child, etc.....

It may or may not be a red flag. Everyone is focused on SA who said she left to go to her Dad's but no one thought a thing about a GF that couldn't remember if she dropped in the day before. How do we know that she didn't drop in? How do we know it wasn't the GF that did something to Hailey? How do we know she wasn't one of the ones that failed a poly? I don't think she should be off the radar because she is a woman and just had a baby. I am NOT accusing her. I just have questions. If they asked her a week later,and she can't remember, I would have no questions. If they asked her the next day,and she can't remember, it bothers me. It may or may not be a red flag but it bothers me. Again I am NOT accusing her. In my opinion, there is not enough evidence known, to really have a suspect in mind. SA is starting to look guilty but who knows.

lisser
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM

As I was reading your response, something occurred to me. I'll have to try and go back to find links, but I believe that Hailey's dad said on NG that HD has spent both Christmas Day and the following day at his house. So what time did HD leave to go home to BD's on the 26th? Was it in the morning and she popped in and out a few more times that day, or was it later in the day and she didn't go back by again that day?

Getting to my point, wouldn't it be easier for the girlfriend to be able to tell her days apart and know if HD had come by the "next" day when she had just stayed there for two days in a row?

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Posted in the last 1/2 hour, here is a snippet:

"They've intensified the search since yesterday. They've confirmed some leads and are going with them today," Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/
a few more snips from your link:

they would begin a helicopter search this afternoon.

---------

Kampfer confirmed evidence was taken from Billie Jean's home Wednesday that may have led to leads being pursued today.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
"Kampfer said strides have been made since Monday and a collection of agents from the FBI, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers and local law enforcement are intensifying their focus today to conclude the investigation"

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/

:waitasec:

hollye
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Has the girlfriend's name been reported yet?

Amster
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
We haven't heard from dads gf have we? We don't know what she has told LE or anyone about that day.

Maybe Billie didn't pass her poly and that's why she was with the Texas Rangers for 12 hours? Would she be covering for SA? I doubt it...I hope not...

Do they polygraph minors?

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
It may or may not be a red flag. Everyone is focused on SA who said she left to go to her Dad's but no one thought a thing about a GF that couldn't remember if she dropped in the day before. How do we know that she didn't drop in? How do we know it wasn't the GF that did something to Hailey? How do we know she wasn't one of the ones that failed a poly? I don't think she should be off the radar because she is a woman and just had a baby. I am NOT accusing her. I just have questions. If they asked her a week later,and she can't remember, I would have no questions. If they asked her the next day,and she can't remember, it bothers me. It may or may not be a red flag but it bothers me. Again I am NOT accusing her. In my opinion, there is not enough evidence known, to really have a suspect in mind. SA is starting to look guilty but who knows.

she's the new mother of a baby, no vehical, what could she possibly do with her?

WillenFan21
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I can't wait for Nancy Grace tonight!! It appears things aren't looking good for the boyfriend.

doughgirl07
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Also not accusing, but unless neighbor is SURE, there is no confirmation from anybody that saw HD that day - leaving timeline of disappearance a bit longer

lisser
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Has the girlfriend's name been reported yet?

Not that I am aware of, but HD uses what I assume her first name in a sentence relating to her dad on her MS.

http://www.myspace.com/cherrychap14

nursebeeme
UPDATE 12:15 pm - Exclusive Information On Search for Missing Colorado City Teen 01/06/11

Beau Berman
CBS 7 News
UPDATE 12:15pm

Colorado City, Texas -
Texas Rangers are now hearing that the boyfriend of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn's mother is now missing himself.

The Rangers learned this from Hailey's 16 year old brother, David.

Major Randy Prince of the Texas Rangers is now telling city hall that the investigation is ongoing and that they have some very "hot" leads they are following. Prince tells city hall that "the focus has intensified".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

Patty G
reward has increased:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead-reward-increased

In the above link, it states the reward money was increased to $15,000.00; however in this link:

The reward has grown to $25,000 for tips that lead law enforcement to Hailey Dunn.
:crazy:

Lera213
01-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Ha Ha more like 1967 Abilene.

OK then it must be close in size and stuff to sweetwater

Amster
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
We never did hear when someone besides SA last saw Hailey. Billie, DD...when did they see her last? Where was SA Sunday night? Does Billie work week-ends? Does she work at a hosp.?

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
she's the new mother of a baby, no vehical, what could she possibly do with her?

I'm not saying she did anything. But you guys are acting like she had major surgery or something. My SIL just had a baby 4 weeks ago and had her gallbladder out two weeks ago and is already back to work. Again, I am NOT saying she did anything. Just wondered why someone could not remember seeing someone the day before at their home.

Linda7NJ
IMO His reluctance to take one speaks louder to me than the possibility of his failing it.

Despite his claims of "loving that child" at the first sign of trouble where is he? With the child's mother? nope...he ran to his mommy aka alibi. IMO

carmenU
Yes, that is my understanding. The City Manager is "The Boss". CM would answer to city council. If communicating with the public and handling news media is not the Chief's cup of tea it makes sense to have a different spokesperson. Most larger departments have a public relations officer, just to spare administration from having to handle every media request themselves. Like I said before- delegate to the person who is best for the task at hand!

At least communication is better now than it was last week! Progress!

I respectfully disagree. The city manager conducts the business of the city. He is not qualified or educated in the matters of a criminal investigationThey lack of training could harm the investigation. I can see if the sherriff,Chief of Police or Mayor were with him.

Small job discription:

City managers are professional administrators who try to make city governments operate with the efficiency of successful businesses. However, they are not authorized to take action on their own. Their work is directed by elected officials, such as mayors and city councils, who hire them

However, it is neither here nor there. Just need to find Hailey.

Patty G
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Who originally stated that SA is at his mother's house?

ETA: Posters have already replied letting me know that it was a family friend that made the statement.

Amster
01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying she did anything. But you guys are acting like she had major surgery or something. My SIL just had a baby 4 weeks ago and had her gallbladder out two weeks ago and is already back to work. Again, I am NOT saying she did anything. Just wondered why someone could not remember seeing someone the day before at their home.

We don't know anything about what this woman has said or didn't say....AFAIK, she hasn't made a public statement.

tabacue

Have heard nothing about brothers activities that day other than he was "coming and going"; where was he coming and going to? Nor have I heard anything about any of his friends.

Things aren't looking good for SA. But I did have another thought: he had a "blow-out" at work? With whom? Did someone seek revenge on him by getting Hailey?
And for some odd reason, Im disturbed about dads GF. Jealousy can make people do horrendous things. Could there have been an issue there? New mommy - drastic hormonal changes - lack of sleep. . .

I also have a feeling that numerous "key people" are using recreational drugs. Snooping around social networking sites, seeing pics on their friends profiles depicting weed and pipes. Friends usually hang with people with similar interests and doing activities they enjoy doing, together. =(

BBM - I agree that the blow-out at work could be significant. With whom could be a big issue...and what was the blow-out about? Could it have been with someone who had associated with HD or the family as a whole? Maybe not revenge but something else. ??

Beyond Belief
Your mind could almost suspect that something had actually happened to Hailey in the a.m. hours of Monday except for the report by a neighbor seeing her in the yard and any phone calls she made during the day.
If SA has in fact done a disappearing act, I would very much like to see a nationwide bollo put out on him.

nursebeeme
In the above link, it states the reward money was increased to $15,000.00; however in this link:

The reward has grown to $25,000 for tips that lead law enforcement to Hailey Dunn.
:crazy: Patty yesterday, iirc, it was reported the police had 10k cash.. perhaps this is what the 5k was added to? Other than that I don't know...

tehcloser
UPDATE 12:15 pm - Exclusive Information On Search for Missing Colorado City Teen 01/06/11

Beau Berman
CBS 7 News

Colorado City, Texas -
Texas Rangers are now hearing that the boyfriend of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn's mother is now missing himself.

Major Randy Prince of the Texas Rangers is now telling city hall that the investigation is ongoing and that they have some very "hot" leads they are following. Prince tells city hall that "the focus has intensified".

Well if they indeed lost him....that's not good.

ETA: and if true, this may cause NG to stroke out.

Amster
01-06-2011, 03:20 PM

A friend of his family named Peggy? I think that's correct....have to go find it....brb

KathrynL
"Kampfer said strides have been made since Monday and a collection of agents from the FBI, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers and local law enforcement are intensifying their focus today to conclude the investigation"

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/

:waitasec:

That's such a loaded statement-and I missed it's significance when I read the full article. (More focused on the solid lead angle). Either they have some really solid evidence, or he didn't mean that the way it came out. I hold out hope that she is alive, wherever she is.

MCDRAW
IMO His reluctance to take one speaks louder to me than the possibility of his failing it.

Despite his claims of "loving that child" at the first sign of trouble where is he? With the child's mother? nope...he ran to his mommy aka alibi. IMO

Did he actually refuse? I have read so many reports that he took one, failed, refused to take one. I am not sure what the right answer is. If he refused, it certainly makes him look guilty.

Linda7NJ

Beau Berman
CBS 7 News

Colorado City, Texas -

groan.....................

trigger
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I can't wait for Nancy Grace tonight!! It appears things aren't looking good for the boyfriend.

Do you have NG website. TIA

Lera213
what the girls BF mother is missing? HOLY COW...what in the world!

nursebeeme

this woman:

"He is not missing," said Peggy, a family friend, who asked not to use her last name. "Family friends have said he is in Big Spring at his mother's."http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/rumors-missing-boyfriend-unfounded

since then however the ranger officer has been quoted differently

WillenFan21
01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Do you have NG website. TIA

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

And her facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

Amster
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I respectfully disagree. The city manager conducts the business of the city. He is not qualified or educated in the matters of a criminal investigationThey lack of training could harm the investigation. I can see if the sherriff,Chief of Police or Mayor were with him.

Small job discription:

City managers are professional administrators who try to make city governments operate with the efficiency of successful businesses. However, they are not authorized to take action on their own. Their work is directed by elected officials, such as mayors and city councils, who hire them

However, it is neither here nor there. Just need to find Hailey.

Wasn't this city manager an ex FBI guy? Or, was that someone else...early on, I read that he is the spokesperson for the city and the police.

carmenU
01-06-2011, 03:24 PM
I think we can all agree that there was some dysfunction in the family.No phones in the house, no cars,blowing up quitting jobs and children coming and going. Who of us can withstand having our lives inspected under a microscope? However, the fact that Mom and Dad lived across the street from each other and the adults co-mingling appearsto me that may have had their childrens best interest at heart,

Lera213
I'm so not up to speed and I don't have 20 hours to read back 5 threads

StrayKat
What was said? A handful over the past few day.

Handful... 5?
past few days... who was the test given to?
Did everyone fail the test.

She said listen... she needs to be heard. So.... maybe, don't read it... we need to listen. Where is video of mom saying that?
Nancy Grace tonight?

gotta go pay bills :(

Patty G
Patty yesterday, iirc, it was reported the police had 10k cash.. perhaps this is what the 5k was added to? Other than that I don't know...

Could these be two separate rewards because the other day it went to $25,000.00?

I am just trying to find some consistency in all the articles and it is so frustrating.

Lurkey Lou
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM

I've thought that as well. My sons bestfriend can be in and out of my house numerous times a day thru the course of a week, especially when they are out of school. He lives 1/2 a block away. I would have to sit and really think to remember which days he was there, or not, and how many trips??

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Could these be two separate rewards because the other day it went to $25,000.00?

I am just trying to find some consistency in all the articles and it is so frustrating.
ITA Miss Patty!!! ((tell your puppy hi for me!!!)):seeya:

Patty G
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Soooooooooo, what do we know as FACT other then a precious young girl is missing?

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM

BBM...

Surely you jest??????????????

Lera213
I bet they tailed the BF and lead the cops someplace

Fisherdog
My heart breaks for this whole family. I can only imagine the "what if's" they are asking themselves. Prayers sent.

msyanas
Can someone send me a recap please..of what's happened so fa

Patty G
ITA Miss Patty!!! ((tell your puppy hi for me!!!)):seeya:

I will, as he is right next to me as I am really under the weather. :(

dodie20
01-06-2011, 03:28 PM

I also have a feeling that numerous "key people" are using recreational drugs. Snooping around social networking sites, seeing pics on their friends profiles depicting weed and pipes. Friends usually hang with people with similar interests and doing activities they enjoy doing, together. =( you wrote some of the things that I've been wondering. I'm really curious about the older brother's friends, & I find it disturbing that more than 1 person has failed a poly. How can that be? young kids shouldn't be around drugs at all. & Hailey is young. But, I do think it's likely that a 24 year old, might hang out & party with some teenagers. I see that all the time. Whoever has the weed, shares it. More than 1 failing polys, opens up too many doors.

Princess of Oz
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
what the girls BF mother is missing? HOLY COW...what in the world!

It means SA (BO's BF) is missing.

TGIRecovered
OK then it must be close in size and stuff to sweetwater

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Texas

According to info accessible at this link:

Snyder - approx. 10, 500 in 2000

Sweetwater - approx. 11,500 in 2000

Big spring - approx. 25, 000 in 2008

Abilene approx. 120,000 in 2008

You have to click a seperate link on the page for each city's info.

MCDRAW
you wrote some of the things that I've been wondering. I'm really curious about the older brother's friends, & I find it disturbing that more than 1 person has failed a poly. How can that be? young kids shouldn't be around drugs at all. & Hailey is young. But, I do think it's likely that a 24 year old, might hang out & party with some teenagers. I see that all the time. Whoever has the weed, shares it. More than 1 failing polys, opens up too many doors.

Yes it does. I hope they just told the Mother that so they wouldn't focus on one person.

Beyond Belief
01-06-2011, 03:30 PM
This case doesn't seem to have what it needs as far as reporters. One should be sitting outside the parents of SA, waiting and watching. No in your face microphone interviews, etc. Lots of comflicting reports, but no on the ground reporting. In other words no drama.

belimom

And her facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

(OT: Just wanted to say that you rock when it comes to these MSM links like for NG, JVM, and all those twitter things. )

doughgirl07
BBM - I agree that the blow-out at work could be significant. With whom could be a big issue...and what was the blow-out about? Could it have been with someone who had associated with HD or the family as a whole? Maybe not revenge but something else. ??

And if you consider my last post, of no one seeing HD (confirmed), than how about the issue at work not being a precursor to dh's disappearance, but perhaps something with HD was the precursor to his problem at work.

Not probable, but possible...

MCDRAW
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
This case doesn't seem to have what it needs as far as reporters. One should be sitting outside the parents of SA, waiting and watching. No in your face microphone interviews, etc. Lots of comflicting reports, but no on the ground reporting. In other words no drama.

I didn't start getting tweets from CBS7 News until about an hour ago. It makes you wonder how much they are covering the case.

carmenU
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I am sad for Billie, She is a single parent a nurse. Nursing requires 12 hour shifts anymore. Doesn't allow you to be home with kids, like you want to. You can't quit. Everyone has to eat and have a roof over their house. I am a nurse. I have been there. I was divorced and had a son at home around the same age as Hailey. I can remember being at work and worring all day about my son all day. I was constantly calling home. Eventhough we could not use cell phones, I always had mine. It was my lifeline.I know many single nurses with children. Ofetn, I will work or trade days with them so they can attend children activities. My son is now grown. I remember missing alot of stuff. I know she is kicking herself. Keep your head up Billie.

buffetoflies
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd like to know how old BD and her boyfriend are. Is SA the boyfriend? I only read a bit of the thread.

I'm just curious.. I don't really have anything to add the the discussion. Sorry.

tabacue
01-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I think we can all agree that there was some dysfunction in the family.No phones in the house, no cars,blowing up quitting jobs and children coming and going. Who of us can withstand having our lives inspected under a microscope? However, the fact that Mom and Dad lived across the street from each other and the adults co-mingling appearsto me that may have had their childrens best interest at heart,

I think we can all agree that there is some form of dysfunction in EVERY home.

carmenU
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd like to know how old BD and her boyfriend are. Is SA the boyfriend? I only read a bit of the thread.

I'm just curious.. I don't really have anything to add the the discussion. Sorry.

BO is Billy, mom
DD, is son
CD, is dad
SA is boyfriend, He is around 28
It is okay. Just read the past threads.

Wise Old Owl
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I find it very very VERY difficult to believe that the Texas Rangers do not know where SA is. Only way THAT would happen is if they had definitively cleared him of anything. Then they wouldn't care where he went or what he did. It is just too early in this for them to have cleared him like that. IMO I think we are just being told that. They KNOW where he is - they just aren't going to say anything about anything.

That one article that quoted "conclude the investigation" - IF true - then they are close, very close. But very close to what? Finding Hailey? Arresting who that did whatever?

Soooooooooooooo frustrating................

Amster
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Isn't SA 25 yrs. old? Don't know how old Billie is....

Patty G
01-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Is BO the only one that has stated that SA took the poly on Wednesday?

Can we take that statement as FACT?

Just want to put something in my back pocket for Nancy's show tonight.

carmenU
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I find it very very VERY difficult to believe that the Texas Rangers do not know where SA is. Only way THAT would happen is if they had definitively cleared him of anything. Then they wouldn't care where he went or what he did. It is just too early in this for them to have cleared him like that. IMO I think we are just being told that. They KNOW where he is - they just aren'y going to say anything about anything.

That one article that quoted "conclude the investigation" - IF true - then they are close, very close. But very close to what? Finding Hailey? Arresting who do whatever?

Soooooooooooooo frustrating................

Me, too. Just think if you were law enforcement.Would you lose track of him. I think not. There is alot of rumor and innuendo because people feel helpless. I am sure. There was a local here earlier and said SA is at mom's. Make sense to me.

Velouria
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Could I be so bold as to point out:

The only source we have regarding SA's being "missing" is Hailey's 16 year-old brother. I have to ask exactly what led him to believe that? Is it that he hasn't been answering his cell phone, and/or has not been back in touch with the Dunn family since he allegedly refused the polygraphs? If that's the case, I'm not sure I'd classify that as "missing"

Beyond Belief
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes it is frustrating. Didn't two different young girls actually be found in San Francisco because someone identified them? Keeping this locally contained is bad news MOO

Ellebelle
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I am sad for Billie, She is a single parent a nurse. Nursing requires 12 hour shifts anymore. Doesn't allow you to be home with kids, like you want to. You can't quit. Everyone has to eat and have a roof over their house. I am a nurse. I have been there. I was divorced and had a son at home around the same age as Hailey. I can remember being at work and worring all day about my son all day. I was constantly calling home. Eventhough we could not use cell phones, I always had mine. It was my lifeline.I know many single nurses with children. Ofetn, I will work or trade days with them so they can attend children activities. My son is now grown. I remember missing alot of stuff. I know she is kicking herself. Keep your head up Billie.
I am a nurse, too. It is hard when you have young kids, working the 12 hour shift to support your family, and then to be single parenting in your home on top of that. My heart breaks for her having to go through this.

I believe I read that Billie is 33 and SA is 25.

jessicat
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Myself as well. I am a nurse. I don't work any longer due to several back surgeries but I was a nurse with a small child at home. I was lucky that my supervisor of my dept had a daughter that would babysit for me while I was at work. I still worried though. It's tough being a single mom and as a nurse you generally only get the 12 hour shift option. I know there is a nursing school in Big Spring, I would imagine there are alot of nurses in the area. My heart breaks for BD. You do what you have to do as a single mom and hope that your children will be ok. I can recall switching shifts so I could attend various activities, working extra shifts on the weekends that my son was at his dads just to earn extra money. Nurses do not get paid enough. God Bless her, she must be wracked with guilt, pain and must feel hopeless and be so scared right now. I hope she knows she has many supporters and prayers behind her.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes Billie is 33.

Her boyfriend is 25.

:crazy:

I think this is because they said they had "pledged" for $25,000 but actually HAD $10,000 in their hands. So I'm guessing they now have $15,000 in their hands.

Judging from comments on her facebook/my space she adored her baby sister.

burbqueen
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
*sigh* ok is this another case of bf/Sd killing another young girl? This is getting old people. i think how would I act if my DH wasnt around? would I date?? I have a son who means the world to me and maybe cause im a paranoid sleuther I would find it very hard to give my bf access to my house and even my life.

I dont trust people. i really believe that there are men and women too that prey on vulnerable people with children.

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Well if they indeed lost him....that's not good.

ETA: and if true, this may cause NG to stroke out.

If he skipps out I hope he heads east. We have liquor stores, booby bars and probably a headshop or two...or will it be a a brown bag at the KOA? Just guessing where a 24 yr old on the run might hang if not at Mom's.

I guess a hidden gps device would be too much to hope for. Wish we knew what he drives...or was he using Billie's vehicle?

mechelle69
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
We haven't heard from dads gf have we? We don't know what she has told LE or anyone about that day.

Maybe Billie didn't pass her poly and that's why she was with the Texas Rangers for 12 hours? Would she be covering for SA? I doubt it...I hope not...

Do they polygraph minors?

Maybe Billie spent 12 hours yesterday with the Rangers because she wanted to be where the action is, with the people who will most likely find her daughter. I for one wouldn't want to be sitting at home waiting. That would make me insane.

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Maybe Billie spent 12 hours yesterday with the Rangers because she wanted to be where the action is, with the people who will most likely find her daughter. I for one wouldn't want to be sitting at home waiting. That would make me insane.

From the tone of the different articles, I don't think it was by choice.

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
BO is Billy, mom
DD, is son
CD, is dad

I think SA is 25 and BO is 33

oviedo
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
has it been confirmed she truly was seen on 12/27 and not 12/26? I hope this isn't another instance where they aren't even sure of the last time she was seen alive (Zahra Baker)

http://interceder.net/news/hailey-dunn
this gathers news stories on one topic -

pomegranate
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Judging from comments on her facebook/my space she adored her baby sister.

There is an older comment on Hailey's myspace that suggests she wasn't always happy with Dad's GF, or at least with the GF being pregnant. I would imagine that has nothing to do with anything, though, and was just a normal reaction from a young girl adjusting to her Dad having a child with someone besides her Mom.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:02 PM
"Concluding the investigation" sounds to me like they expect to find her...

Then again, they also said that in Debbie N's case and we have nothing there...

What if the outcome of the polygraphs (him walking out/refusing all 3) IS what led to the search of the house/shed? But without having actual results from questions. The two could still be the same. They could use the polygraph "results" and he could have still refused them. The refusal could have been the result that convinced them that is where they needed to focus.

I do believe they could work around most meds. I also believe most meds that would affect the results would actually cause him to PASS when he shouldn't. Most meds that would affect the results would do so because they calm you.

Innocent people failing polygraphs...

Bill Wegerle failed 2 polygraphs in the murder of his wife in 1986. In 2004 BTK sent a letter containing her license and photos of her body. DNA evidence later proved BTK, (Dennie Rader) killed his wife.

After he failed the polygraph, detectives were able to get Frank Sterling, to confess to the murder of 74-year-old Viola Manville in 1988 and he was convicted. Mark Christie, who passed the polygraph, went on to abduct and murder four-year-old Kali Ann Poulton. Christie was convicted of her murder and recently confessed to Manville’s murder. Frank Sterling was released from prison.

There has been multiple cases where the killer did pass, was cleared as a suspect and sometimes went on to kill many more times.

The Green River Killer (44 more victims)
Charles Cullen (39 more victims)
Lee Anthony Evans (5 victims, case cold for 32 years)

Crosby87
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
BO is Billy, mom
DD, is son
CD, is dad

SA's birthdate is June 30 1985 which means he is currently 25 y.o. This information is on the forensic astrology thread.
I believe BO, Hailey's mother is 33. Her age was posted in a previous thread here.

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
You know, BO is safe when she is with LE. Maybe LE wanted her there while SA was still in town. Wouldn't want SA assuming BO is getting too close for comfort to the cops who are investigating him, so they had her there for umhmm, "Interrogation" for 12 hours. Maybe it took that long to confirm that SA was no longer close-by . BO said she trusts LE and the lie detector testing.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
There is an older comment on Hailey's myspace that suggests she wasn't always happy with Dad's GF, or at least with the GF being pregnant. I would imagine that has nothing to do with anything, though, and was just a normal reaction from a young girl adjusting to her Dad having a child with someone besides her Mom.

Yes, but once the baby actually arrived she adored her. At least she gave that impression with her comments. There is no way to know if she was sincere of course but I have no reason to think she wasn't.

WestCoastLady
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I am not even remotely caught up on reading this thread but I have a good friend that is a polygraph examiner.

He said that any drug that affects blood pressure would/could alter the results of a polygraph exam.

Back to reading....and if you have any questions re LDT, I can ask my friend :)

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Billie Jean Dunn wasn't available for comment and said she would not speak to the media until after her phone call with TV personality Nancy Grace this evening. Grace's show appears on CNN.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

peeples
01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I am not even remotely caught up on reading this thread but I have a good friend that is a polygraph examiner.

He said that any drug that affects blood pressure would/could alter the results of a polygraph exam.

Back to reading....and if you have any questions re LDT, I can ask my friend :)

Several psych. drugs are also used for blood pressure FYI
My son was on clonidine for his tourrettes and it is a blood pressure med.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hailey’s older brother, David Dunn, told KTAB's Priscilla Luong earlier in the day Thursday that Adkins had refused to take the first two polygraph tests Wednesday.

According to the Dunn family, Adkins eventually took the test.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=328456

So he refused the first 2 but took the 3rd? Maybe he failed that one and that's why he went to his Mom's?

I wouldn't be surprised if Billie is not real kind to him on Nancy... if he did in fact fail the test.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 04:21 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328786

---------------

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search

snips from the above:

Today the task force command post moved from the county courthouse to the CC Thompson Building on 2nd Street. Six different agencies are currently involved in the search: D.S., Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado City Police Department, District Attorney’s office, Texas Rangers and the FBI.

another snip~

Kampfer does not know the results of the TDCJ searches, nor does he know the results of the search warrant served at Hailey’s Chestnut Street residence.

another snip~

The official reward being offered for Hailey’s safe return is $15,000. “That’s cash in hand with more contributions coming in up to $25,000,” Kampfer said.

another snip~

“The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent. Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”

Kampfer went on to explain that investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made.
Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

dodie20
01-06-2011, 04:24 PM

What if the outcome of the polygraphs (him walking out/refusing all 3) IS what led to the search of the house/shed? But without having actual results from questions. The two could still be the same. They could use the polygraph "results" and he could have still refused them. The refusal could have been the result that convinced them that is where they needed to focus.

I do believe they could work around most meds. I also believe most meds that would affect the results would actually cause him to PASS when he shouldn't. Most meds that would affect the results would do so because they calm you.

Bill Wegerle failed 2 polygraphs in the murder of his wife in 1986. In 2004 BTK sent a letter containing her license and photos of her body. DNA evidence later proved BTK, (Dennie Rader) killed his wife.

After he failed the polygraph, detectives were able to get Frank Sterling, to confess to the murder of 74-year-old Viola Manville in 1988 and he was convicted. Mark Christie, who passed the polygraph, went on to abduct and murder four-year-old Kali Ann Poulton. Christie was convicted of her murder and recently confessed to Manville’s murder. Frank Sterling was released from prison.

There has been multiple cases where the killer did pass, was cleared as a suspect and sometimes went on to kill many more times.

Lee Anthony Evans (5 victims, case cold for 32 years) you're so right about polys. I guess that's why they're not admissable in court, & are considered 'investigative tools', only. But those things sure can turn a life upside down. I've kept up with several cases where those tests turned out to be hogwash.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
This article is going to make a lot of people very unhappy.... I got a little sick to my stomach actually.

Hey SARX, there is a lot of errrrr..... information.... (I use that word with a box of salt) about the dogs in here...

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search

Contrary to other reports, the Texas Rangers were brought in on the day after Hailey disappeared, according to Kampfer.

Kampfer does not know the results of the TDCJ searches, nor does he know the results of the search warrant served at Hailey’s Chestnut Street residence.

The official reward being offered for Hailey’s safe return is $15,000. “That’s cash in hand with more contributions coming in up to $25,000,” Kampfer said.

“The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent. Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”

Kampfer went on to explain that investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made.

Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

“Bloodhounds are scent specific,” Warden Matt Kennolly said. “The only thing we need is a scent article for the person we’re looking for. The dog will track only that scent.”

“Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,” Kennolly said.

Since the first day the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been treated as a missing person.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Lee Anthony Evans (5 victims, case cold for 32 years)

IMO a true psychopath can pass. They don't have guilt, remorse, and fear really isn't in their vocabulary. All the things that effect perspiration, respiration, and blood pressure.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20027566-504083.html

Amster
01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Billie Jean Dunn wasn't available for comment and said she would not speak to the media until after her phone call with TV personality Nancy Grace this evening. Grace's show appears on CNN.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

So...NG gets an exclusive?

Velouria
01-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Since the first day the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been treated as a missing person.

Oh really now?? :snooty:

liltexans
01-06-2011, 04:31 PM
IMO a true psychopath can pass. They don't have guilt, remorse, and fear really isn't in their vocabulary. All the things that effect perspiration, respiration, and blood pressure.

I agree. I believe Ted Bundy passed one or more polys.

redcar1
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM

I totally agree with you - even when the mom & dad were interviewed, they BOTH said that LE said they were treating as a runaway! They BOTH did not believe she would runaway!
LE did not treat this as a missing persons case from the start...
That sounds like a PR comment.

Ellebelle
01-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Gosh, everytime I click on a link and see her pretty little face my heart aches. I really pray they bring her home today!

liltexans
01-06-2011, 04:38 PM

Bingo.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM

I warned everyone it was going to make people mad..... :innocent:

Or maybe she is saving all of her energy for Nancy? :waitasec:

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
at this point I really could care less if BF failed a poly... but refusing at least two of them?

oh.. and how about leaving his Billie's side in her time of need? Why didn't he go home to be with her?

And then we have the earlier statement by the city spokesperson that says his story has not been corroborated by authorities!

Now we also have the Grandmother's saying Hailey didn't like him being in the house and wanted her parents back together. Did this anger him???

warning just speculation... but say he and Hailey got into an argument that afternoon about her wanting her parents back together etc..... and perhaps she yells out she is going to go call her friend, etc...

not far to extrapolate a story imhoo... not to mention the brother was already off at a sleepover and what better excuse to give.

just thoughts. If he is innocent I will by all means eat my largest sun bonnet.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
This article is going to make a lot of people very unhappy.... I got a little sick to my stomach actually.

Hey SARX, there is a lot of errrrr..... information.... (I use that word with a box of salt) about the dogs in here...

Contrary to other reports, the Texas Rangers were brought in on the day after Hailey disappeared, according to Kampfer.

“Bloodhounds are scent specific,” Warden Matt Kennolly said. “The only thing we need is a scent article for the person we’re looking for. The dog will track only that scent.”

“Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,” Kennolly said.

RED by me

That's not what Hailey's mom said on Nancy Grace, and I believe her over Kampfer any day of the week. Mom and her friends that contacted us here have a lot more credibility IMO than a PR front man trying to look good now that the NATIONAL media is involved.

burbqueen
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM

So in other words we don't know anything and no real clues are out there??? Jesus God almighty. We are back at square one.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
RED by me

That's not what Hailey's mom said on Nancy Grace, and I believe her over Kampfer any day of the week. Mom and her friends that contacted us here have a lot more credibility IMO than a PR front man trying to look good now that the NATIONAL media is involved.

Yep, the Texas Ranger's came in on Day 6 and Billie called them herself before that happened.

tabacue
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I am trying to stay up to speed. I don't know if this has already been discussed. Looks like the article was written yesterday and updated today.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792341

Snipped:

Jones said Hailey didn't care much for Adkins. "She don't like Shawn being there; but she wants her mom and dad to go back together," she said.

Hailey's mother and father separated 3 years ago; Jones says the divorce was hard on Hailey.

C***** O******** is Hailey's other grandmother in Snyder. "I just don't understand this because she doesn't do this. She's not the type to run away," she said.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I totally agree with you - even when the mom & dad were interviewed, they BOTH said that LE said they were treating as a runaway! They BOTH did not believe she would runaway!
LE did not treat this as a missing persons case from the start...

Sounds like straight up CYA DAMAGE CONTROL!

How PR man, how about instead of giving interviews attempting to make the locals look better, you shut up and get the answers everyone really wants!!!!

Jenny60123
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM

I see your point. I don't know what to make of this case, but I also think it's not all that unusual that the GF couldn't remember. Especially if they are across the street from each other. Hailey was probably back and forth many times each and every day. Plus, we have to remember that these people are all in shock.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
at this point I really could care less if BF failed a poly... but refusing at least two of them?

oh.. and how about leaving his Billie's side in her time of need? Why didn't he go home to be with her?

And then we have the earlier statement by the city spokesperson that says his story has not been corroborated by authorities!

Now we also have the Grandmother's saying Hailey didn't like him being in the house and wanted her parents back together. Did this anger him???

warning just speculation... but say he and Hailey got into an argument that afternoon about her wanting her parents back together etc..... and perhaps she yells out she is going to go call her friend, etc...

not far to extrapolate a story imhoo... not to mention the brother was already off at a sleepover and what better excuse to give.

I'll be sharing that sun bonnet of yours

nyc
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Just putting this out there (because of course I know nothing, and am not implying anything either)... what makes a handful? Is a handful more than a few?

What about the father and his girlfriend--have there been any reports of them taking polys? It seems like they would be included just because they are family and close by. I wonder whether any friends of the brother or any of Hailey's friends have taken any? Billie's statement seems to imply that more people have taken them than we have heard about, IMO. Also, this uncle that took one is not someone who seems as closely connected to the case as the father/GF and some of the friends, for example. I realize that there is likely a great deal that LE knows (I hope!) that is not in the media at this time, though.

Still, it seems like a lot of conversation about polys without much other info being reported.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:47 PM

In a visit to the Dunn household this morning a family friend answered the door and told our CBS 7 crew that the family is tired and does not wish to speak with the media.

However, she said that Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, will be doing a live interview on the Nancy Grace show once again this evening.

I think I was right and she is just resting up for Nancy tonight.

sarx
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Ugh with a Capital U.... This is what I am talking about....

Bloodhounds are scent specific? So, like, they're born that way? Ummm, no, that is training, but statements like that just sound so ignorant.

I am glad they talked about what age trails the dogs can work, that is nice. I would like to add however that dogs are capable of running trails much older than 7-8 days, in fact some of us specialize in the 7-10 day trail with great success, 14 with good success and longer with so so success.

I am still just trying to rap my head around that bloodhound comment....

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
In a visit to the Dunn household this morning a family friend answered the door and told our CBS 7 crew that the family is tired and does not wish to speak with the media.

However, she said that Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, will be doing a live interview on the Nancy Grace show once again this evening.

She has to sleep sometime, as fitful as I imagine it is. :(

SuziQ
RED by me

ITA. IIRC, after thread one was started Billi called the Rangers herself and was upset that outside help was being turned down.

nursebeeme
where is the coverage of the helicopter search! I mean REALLY!

and why is it that the colorado city paper reports the fbi is on the case but it was never once reported on when they came ONTO the case!

unbelievable.....

krista
Ugh. This is heartbreaking. Hailey's dad doesn't have internet access or a FB account. He is posting on his mother's account, trying to get Hailey to call/come home. I am so devastated for this family.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001251345847&v=wall

winterrose
01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I would tell anyone I could anything I know that would keep my child's face in the media on any newspaper or tv show I could get it on.I wonder if there are donations set up and who it goes to.Donations should be sent to any group that is searching and LE trying to find the missing person.Are interviews to tv media paid for by the outlet?

I mean tell what I could to the media to keep the story out there.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
what needs to happen IMHOO is that LE needs to appoint a Law enforcement spokesperson and they need to be the ONLY ONES to communicate with the media... it would be nice if the Rangers had a public relations officer of some sort that would step up to this task.

Now that they have the attention of the nation to find this child they need to have an LE LED presser asap.

again imhoo

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Sounds like straight up CYA DAMAGE CONTROL!

How PR man, how about instead of giving interviews attempting to make the locals look better, you shut up and get the answers everyone really wants!!!!

Hooo Baby! It's gonna be a hot time on the ole NG show tonight!

Reminds me of the mayor of St. Louis telling everyone that the levys were going to hold!

fhc
01-06-2011, 04:54 PM

jmo, the media has left alot of room for translation/interpretation from what has been written in edited comments from many.

Refusing to take polygraphs, perhaps it was an ongoing request that SA was wishy washy on taking the tests...not defending SA but we all know a defense atty would never allow it and no matter what, SA is only 25.

Afaik, the part that has been printed about SA being missing. DD reported that to the TX Rangers and TX Rangers confirmed that they were told and were aware of DD's report, not that the TX Rangers were unaware of SA's location. Also, I've been wondering how long until the local guys gave their own version of a LD test to SA, and the report that SA bolted from Hailey's house (where the uncle & brother were) might explain his bolting to Big Springs and the security of mom's house & property.

jmo

Velouria
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM

:clap: Halelujah and a big "amen", sister!

Can't recall how far back it was in the threads, but when Mr. Kampfer was first identified as the spokesperson, one of the locals here opined that he was about the last person anyone should be listening to. I'm beginning to see why.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
ITA. IIRC, after thread one was started Billi called the Rangers herself and was upset that outside help was being turned down.

IIRC A poster here whose husband was LE in a neighboring town offered their services and was also turned down!

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Ugh with a Capital U.... This is what I am talking about....

Bloodhounds are scent specific? So, like, they're born that way? Ummm, no, that is training, but statements like that just sound so ignorant.

I am glad they talked about what age trails the dogs can work, that is nice. I would like to add however that dogs are capable of running trails much older than 7-8 days, in fact some of us specialize in the 7-10 day trail with great success, 14 with good success and longer with so so success.

I am still just trying to rap my head around that bloodhound comment....

Yeah I thought you'd like that article... :innocent:

I also liked the way it was worded which gave the impression the dogs could work for 7-8 days without stopping. Someone who has never read anything about the dogs is going to be like "they can run for 48 hours... wth?!" :waitasec:

everyoneneedsavoice
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Ridiculous, isn't it? You're not losing it...it was announced that it was going up to 25K and it is only 1 reward. I wondered about the validity of that amount, when it was first announced---and after seeing the inquiries on the Find Hailey FB page. (see my post attached).
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

Reward Increased in Missing Colorado City Girl Case; Mother to Be on CNN Headline News Tuesday Night 1/4/11
January 4, 2011 (no time provided)

COLORADO CITY - In the last hour, the Colorado City Manager has announced the reward for information has been upped to $25,000 in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. The reward for information in her disappearance has jumped, from $1,000 to $10,000 and was increased further late Tuesday afternoon to $25,000 according to the Colorado City City Manager.
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23217

Tuesday, January 04 2011 - no time provided
The reward for information leading to the safe return of Hailey Dunn, 13, has been increased to $25,000, according to the Colorado City City manager.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328116

Colorado City Ups Reward To $25,000 For Return Of Hailey Dunn
POSTED: 3:19 pm CST January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 5:49 pm CST January 4, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Officials with the city of Colorado City tell KTXS News that the reward has been upped from $10,000 to $25,000 for the return of missing teen Hailey Dunn.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26367589/detail.html

Three Times Colorado City Officials Have Requested Amber Alert For Hailey Dunn
POSTED: 7:51 pm CST January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 7:57 am CST January 5, 2011

Tuesday night the reward is growing for the missing teen.
Kampfer says they have received pledges from anonymous donors for a $25,000 reward. At this point, more than $10,000 in cash is already in the vault.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26370613/detail.html

While I understand errors, mistakes---whatever---when it was questioned within hours of being announced by locals (see Haileys FB Page), then IMO it was extremely irresponsible for the City Manager to perpetuate a reward of an amount not yet verified.

Find Hailey Dunn FB - http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=165260016852020

Strawberry Fields
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
There is another case that (Brittany Smith, age 12) that has some extremely similar circumstances with this one.

BS, 12-year-old abducted by mother's live-in BF. Mother, TS (who was a nurse), was murdered (possibly by the mother's BF (Jeff Easley). Easley abducted the 12-year-old daughter and they were later found panhandling in San Francisco, CA about 1 week after the mother's body was found.

This BF is 32 years old and at least one of the little girl's friends said she was afraid of him and did not want to be the house alone with him when her mother was at work.

This occurred around 12/07/2010. The BF is now in jail in the county where he abducted her (Roanoke County, VA) So far he is only charged with the abduction, but the LE is still investigating the murder. There is a thread on WS for Brittany Smith. It can be found by searching the perp, Jeffrey Easley I think.

Seeing HD's situation with the mom being a nurse, the little girl's friend saying she was not comfortable around SA, and now "possibly" SA seems to have fled, reminded me of Brittany's case (who is now living with her bio-father)

Sorry if this is sort of a "chopped version" of this other case, but just wanted to point out similarities. Perhaps LE needs to be protecting BO from her BF now.

KathrynL
01-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Ugh. This is heartbreaking. Hailey's dad doesn't have internet access or a FB account. He is posting on his mother's account, trying to get Hailey to call/come home. I am so devastated for this family.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001251345847&v=wall

IMO, there is a hint in Dad's posts that explain why LE may have treated her as a runaway. In one of his pleas to her, he says she can live wherever she wants. So maybe she was very unhappy and wanting to maybe move in with Dad, which made the police lean towards a runaway situation. Honestly that scenario is preferable to what her disappearance will otherwise mean.

I am sad for her family too, a parent's worst nightmare. :(

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 05:04 PM
IIRC A poster here whose husband was LE in a neighboring town offered their services and was also turned down!

(pssst....Icks-nay on the oster-pay with the LE ubb-hay, K?)

:innocent:

Velouria
01-06-2011, 05:04 PM
[/URL]

Someone really needs to pull the plug on this guy and appoint a LE spokesperson - STAT!!

peeples
01-06-2011, 05:05 PM
TGI your post totally has me LOL I haven't spoken or heard pig latin since I was a kid, thank you :)

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
(pssst....Icks-nay on the oster-pay with the LE ubb-hay, K?)

:innocent:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Thanks...I really needed a laugh!

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Nancy's page says both Billie and Clint will be on tonight.

If Shawn really failed his polygraph that is going to be interesting.

IMO, there is a hint in Dad's posts that explain why LE may have treated her as a runaway. In one of his pleas to her, he says she can live wherever she wants. So maybe she was very unhappy and wanting to maybe move in with Dad, which made the police lean towards a runaway situation. Honestly that scenario is preferable to what her disappearance will otherwise mean.

Or maybe he is saying that now that it is coming out that she didn't like Shawn?

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I guess what I don't understand about the amount of the reward....WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?????????????? For pete's sake have we became a nation that won't do what's right unless we are paid for it? I mean most people who knew anything would tell without a reward. If it takes that to come forward it's like rewarding a sorry butt anyway.

Velouria
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
anyone have a # for Kampfer please PM it to me. I have a comment or two I'd like to share with him.

So do I, Linda. And let's just say that posting it here would require extensive use of the shift key. :innocent:

TGIRecovered
01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Someone really needs to pull the plug on this guy and appoint a LE spokesperson - STAT!!

He is the official spokesperson, I believe. At least he talks more than Chief Bivins. If many folks in C-City don't use internet or watch the news, I guess they have to take his word for it unless local radio goes against the grain and questions it.

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
So do I, Linda. And let's just say that posting it here would require extensive use of the shift key. :innocent:

And where might those comments be found??????????????

Janeumayer
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM

A couple of days ago someone promised $15,000 on top of the $10,000. I guess that hasn't come through and have only gotten $5,000 in hand so far.

Velouria
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
He is the official spokesperson, I believe. At least he talks more than Chief Bivins. If many folks in C-City don't use internet or watch the news, I guess they have to take his word for it unless local radio goes against the grain and questions it.

He is, TGI. But I am less than impressed with his handling of the case, and get the feeling he's not really being kept "in the loop" where LE is concerned.

WillenFan21

I would do the same thing. If this was me and someone was going to interview me I'd probably stick to Nancy Grace as well because of simple fact that she is national so EVERYONE in the US who watches her show would see it. JMO

Linda7NJ

I would rather he not say a word than for him to attempt to perpetuate lies.

wildmala
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I guess what I don't understand about the amount of the reward....WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?????????????? For pete's sake have we became a nation that won't do what's right unless we are paid for it? I mean most people who knew anything would tell without a reward. If it takes that to come forward it's like rewarding a sorry butt anyway.

ITA! IMO it is like he is trying to 'promote' how AWESOME his community is by offering SO much for a reward for Hailey! Boasts about it left and right. Who cared about the amount...and CYA! It's not about YOU...it's not about your CITY (town),....it's about HAILEY.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
And where might those comments be found??????????????

I can only speak for myself, but my comments are located in my head....

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't see where the reward amount is relevant, hoping the amount would not prevent anyone coming forward. Large rewards have not helped in other cases, although they may make the phones ring more...more work for LE.

I caught back up after being gone 2.5 hours and see I have not missed anything really :(

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:15 PM

OOOOoooooooo, well while you have them on the phone, can you tell them teh said "$%^&^&%$$# &*%%^$#%@#%$&%&^%$", TIA.

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
hold up... I need to go get one of my son's pull ups and put it on before you post again LOL! lmao!!!:great:

Beyond Belief
01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Following your lead, Linda, I will keep my thoughts in my head too.

kantoo
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
He is, TGI. But I am less than impressed with his handling of the case, and get the feeling he's not really being kept "in the loop" where LE is concerned.

I think he's saying what LE is telling him to say about the case.

Also, the first article i saw about the $25,000 said that the extra money had been "pledged". I guess i'm missing something, i don't see what the problem is. :dunno:

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
OOOOoooooooo, well while you have them on the phone, can you tell them teh said "$%^&^&%$$# &*%%^$#%@#%$&%&^%$", TIA.
tell him I said what teh said and also added a &^%)*(*&^&!!

trigger
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
where is the coverage of the helicopter search! I mean REALLY!

and why is it that the colorado city paper reports the fbi is on the case but it was never once reported on when they came ONTO the case!

unbelievable.....

The FBI has been on the case for 2 days now.

KathrynL
Nancy's page says both Billie and Clint will be on tonight.

If Shawn really failed his polygraph that is going to be interesting.

Or maybe he is saying that now that it is coming out that she didn't like Shawn?

Actually, those posts were dated around the 1st/2nd of January. IIRC, the first press reports of a friend saying she didn't like the BF are more recent. I'm sure her family was aware (before this all hit the national news) that she wasn't happy about the divorce, or her parents moving on with their personal lives. Very normal reaction for a child of divorce, and probably more so when they are at the tween/middle school age. MOO, etc

nursebeeme
The FBI has been on the case for 2 days now. thank all things Holy!

nursebeeme
01-06-2011, 05:21 PM
The Hailey Dunn case returns to Nancy Grace on HLN Thursday night, the first national broadcast to give attention to the Colorado City teen's disappearance.

KTAB is told the first 45 minutes of the show, which airs from 7 to 8 p.m., will cover the latest developments in Dunn's disappearance.http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I wish I was more hopeful that a national show would make the difference in getting Hailey home safe, but am having such bad feelings about this case and don't think the outcome will be anything but local...:(

Beyond Belief
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I am wondering "whom" from that neighborhood/friends circle works in that hotel. Check out time should be 12 and maybe check in time 3 p.m.

We still see no cadaver dogs brought forth today.

fhc
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=kantoo;5975151]I think he's saying what LE is telling him to say about the case.

Also, the first article i saw about the $25,000 said that the extra money had been "pledged". I guess i'm missing something, i don't see what the problem is. :dunno:[/QUOTE

ITA, this city mgr is former FBI reportedly, he probably did not get a degree in public relations. No doubt, he is trying to talk to the citizens that employee him not us WSers and do damage control. He is not a spin doctor. As the city mgr. however he does need to protect the city's (taxpayers) liability.

everyoneneedsavoice
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM

IMO, the difference is that I have printed out over 400 posters and sent them to rural areas, where I had co-workers posting them all over---twice---only to learn later that the amount had never been confirmed.

While personally, I could care less if there was a reward or not, as it wouldn't prevent me from doing "what's right"; however, since a reward is aimed at motivating those individuals who do care to provide information they might have, it just might make a difference in someone speaking up---or not.

IMO, if it takes rewarding a sorry butt to bring Hailey home, then I'm ok with that!

epresley
01-06-2011, 05:28 PM
IMO, the difference is that I have printed out over 400 posters and sent them to rural areas, where I had co-workers posting them all over---twice---only to learn later that the amount had never been confirmed.

While personally, I could care less if there was a reward or not, as it wouldn't prevent me from doing "what's right"; however, since a reward is aimed at motivating those individuals who do care to provide information they might have, it just might make a difference in someone speaking up---or not.

IMO, if it takes rewarding a sorry butt to bring Hailey home, then I'm ok with that!

I totally agree, but you know, in the cases Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, etc., rewards have not helped solve the horrible crimes.

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM

I understand why it's important to you. But honestly having to have rewards to get someone to tell what they know about a missing child, it really a sad reflection on what society has become. That's all I'm saying.

Jenny60123
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Gosh, everytime I click on a link and see her pretty little face my heart aches. I really pray they bring her home today!

Me too! Alive, healthy, and looking for hugs.

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
And it really gets me thinking they are sitting there thinking, "Ok, so it's $10,000.00, that won't make me talk, but if they up it to $25000.00, then I will, Yeah, Then I will." It's almost like putting a price tag on something that should not have price tags.

epresley
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I'd like to see Tim Miller get in on the hunt.

Fisherdog
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Sadly, the amount of the reward can sometimes make a difference in who a suspects "friends" are and what they are willing to ellaborate on. Particularly in hard times... The more the $$, the deeper people will dig for information at times.
This appears to be a VERY tight knit community and I honestly can't imagine anyone with direct knowledge not coming forward by now.
Bring Hailey home!

tabacue
Actually, those posts were dated around the 1st/2nd of January. IIRC, the first press reports of a friend saying she didn't like the BF are more recent. I'm sure her family was aware (before this all hit the national news) that she wasn't happy about the divorce, or her parents moving on with their personal lives. Very normal reaction for a child of divorce, and probably more so when they are at the tween/middle school age. MOO, etc

I agree with your comments. Her family probably was aware. It is important to the general public following the case though. That information combined with the possibility he refused a poly certainly creates more suspicion in my mind toward SA.

everyoneneedsavoice
ITA! IMO it is like he is trying to 'promote' how AWESOME his community is by offering SO much for a reward for Hailey! Boasts about it left and right. Who cared about the amount...and CYA! It's not about YOU...it's not about your CITY (town),....it's about HAILEY.

Yes...I found it rather ironic that the reward amount increased almost immediately after NG picked up the case!

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I suppose some people might not turn in a casual friend for $10K, but would for $25K...?

epresley
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd rat the SOB that did this out for a coke.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd like to see Tim Miller get in on the hunt.

I agree and have made the suggestion before.... here it is again.

I really think that Billie or Clint should call Tim Miller, Texas Equusearch to come in and search. If I lived in Texas and was in this situation I would take full advantage of the fact that they are in the same state! (Although they will go anywhere to search for someone, it obviously makes it easier.)

The request has to come from family or law enforcement.

http://texasequusearch.org/contact-tes/

Fisherdog
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I suppose some people might not turn in a casual friend for $10K, but would for $25K...?

I honestly don't think it's so much that, but more of a "remember when so-and-so hung out at x" or "don't you remember that so-and-so used to go 4-wheeling ..." Things that might normally not even be brought to the attention of LE (locations and such) because they were a part seemingly normal activity get called in when the $$ gets higher.

I agree, it should NEVER take a reward to bring a loved one home.

lstrel
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
This has probably been mentioned, but does the hotel have a restaurant?

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM

I figured you would say for a "peanutbutter and nanner sammich". :crazy:

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
I wish I was more hopeful that a national show would make the difference in getting Hailey home safe, but am having such bad feelings about this case and don't think the outcome will be anything but local...:(

I think the pressure from the national media is what got the locals OFF their BUTTS to start actually LOOKING for the answer. In this case, IMO it made all the difference in the world. Atleast now they aren't claiming she's "just a runaway." I do have faith this will be resolved, one way or another. That little girl needs to be brought back home. Her parents need answers

epresley
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
I figured you would say for a "peanutbutter and nanner sammich". :crazy:

or that!

Jenny60123
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM

OMG, crying now. Heartbreaking! It really does not appear to me that this child has run away, but i'm wishing with all my heart that that is the case. At least she can come home again that way. Taking a self imposed break.

KathrynL
I agree with your comments. Her family probably was aware. It is important to the general public following the case though. That information combined with the possibility he refused a poly certainly creates more suspicion in my mind toward SA.

I agree with your sentiment, it does give a bad appearance (if these reports are accurate). Having this kind of national exposure is a double-edged sword. Hopefully, it will get HD back to her loved ones. Meanwhile, the media glare and the fallout of public opinion has to be difficult for everyone involved, KWIM?

I am fervently hoping that she has come to no harm, that she's alive and well somewhere. I guess I'd have to place myself on the fence as far as what really happened or who might be involved if it's a case of foul play. I just don't have enough in the way of facts to feel sure one way or another.

wildmala

I was thinking more along the lines of my pocket lint.

Linda7NJ
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
[quote=kantoo;5975151]I think he's saying what LE is telling him to say about the case.

Also, the first article i saw about the $25,000 said that the extra money had been "pledged". I guess i'm missing something, i don't see what the problem is. :dunno:[/QUOTE

ITA, this city mgr is former FBI reportedly, he probably did not get a degree in public relations. No doubt, he is trying to talk to the citizens that employee him not us WSers and do damage control. He is not a spin doctor. As the city mgr. however he does need to protect the city's (taxpayers) liability.

IMO He's a blantant liar.

cluciano63
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
With the way LE has been searching the shed, the home, etc taking bags of evidence of some kind...I do not get the feeling that LE believes Hailey is a runaway any longer.

marlame
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
anyone have a # for Kampfer please PM it to me. I have a comment or two I'd like to share with him.

Good luck!!! LOL---If you can't reach him maybe you could try his wife and she can tell him to put a sock in it! Grrrr....

everyoneneedsavoice
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I understand why it's important to you. But honestly having to have rewards to get someone to tell what they know about a missing child, it really a sad reflection on what society has become. That's all I'm saying.

I gotcha - I figured it out after I had posted that - sorry!

I am just so #$$% at how he's "seemingly" trying to be the hero now---when we know the "real - deal"!

And yes - you are 100% right---it's a sad, sad day when $ has become the sole motivator for doing the right thing!

tehcloser
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Kampfer, a former FBI agent himself, said he could not confirm any rumors swirling about who has or has not passed polygraph tests related to the disappearance. Different family members have made various unconfirmed and conflicting assertions about polygraph tests taken and their results.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26391662/detail.html

That's scary. (The bolded bit.)

Jenny60123
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I totally agree, but you know, in the cases Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, etc., rewards have not helped solve the horrible crimes.

Rewards never work when the only one who has info is the perp. Unfortunately.

MsFacetious
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM

I have always optimistically looked at rewards this way...

For $10k you can buy a semi decent car. Maybe pay a few months rent, bills, support yourself for a short time. That's about it. You aren't going to be able to realistically leave town on $10k unless you have a job waiting for you, especially if it is more than just you. You don't want to leave, then have to come back because you ran out of money... making it pretty obvious that you gave up information.

For $25k you can buy a semi decent car and leave town. Having enough to get a new place, pay several months rent, bills and everything else while you get established, find a job and anything else you need.

If I was ratting out a killer of course I would do it for nothing.

If I was concerned that person might come after me for doing so.... $25k to leave town would definitely allow me to feel great about turning them in, without risking my own family to do it.

While it wouldn't be a deciding factor for me.... some people out there just aren't willing to risk their own lives to solve the case of someone who is already murdered. That reward allowing them to protect themselves, might make the difference. If it gets the family their child back so they don't spend the next 20 years wondering... then that's just what has to be done.