PDA

View Full Version : TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
01-08-2011, 09:47 AM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

Media Links

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

czgtz: Hailey Dunn case
Redcat is a verified local in the Hailey Dunn case
mommajack: Hailey Dunn Case
40G!GZ7: Hailey Dunn case
spankysmom: Hailey Dunn case
ajk: Hailey Dunn case
smalltownmom71 is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
regresmom is a verified local Hailey Dunn case

Please Continue here...

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Praying that Hailey will come home today.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Bringing this over from the last thread:

Billie was referring to the friend, MB, when she said, " that little girl". Hailey did not have a phone, she used Mom's phone which police have taken as evidence.

This is in response to someone who quoted the NG show transcript.
BO said she wished she had called that little girl...MB. (paraphrased)

msteach
01-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Bringing this over from the last thread:

This is in response to someone who quoted the NG show transcript.
BO said she wished she had called that little girl...MB. (paraphrased)

Which might go back to confirm what MB's mom had said...about how they (parents) did not know each other. I know when my kids were younger, I would probably call their friends by their first names. Pure speculation, of course, but if she were closer to MB, she might say, "I wish to this day that I had called MB's house...(or 'her friend's house')...to say good night to H."

AppleGreen
01-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Prayers that Hailey comes home today.

Strawberry Fields
01-08-2011, 10:32 AM
In regards to the bank account that was set up for donations for BD, does anyone know if there is a way to make a payment through Paypal? TIA

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 10:33 AM
We need a change in this nation in regards to the accountability of parents and neighborhoods.

mechelle69
01-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Please let today be the day Hailey is found safe and returned home.

Chemeria
01-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Was the Find HD page taken down on FB? Does anyone know why?

belimom
01-08-2011, 10:40 AM

I still see it...?

fhc
We are expecting rain & snow in the DFW area tomorrow (Sunday) coming in from the west. Any locals know the forecast for when this front will hit C City?

Strawberry Fields
As far as the moms not apparently knowing one another; i.e., BD and MB, I am embarrassed to admit that I have lived here for 25 years (yes 25) and we live on 5-1/2 acres of land. I do not know ANY of my immediately surrounding neighbors. When we first moved here, my daughter was in 2nd grade. Part of our property is in the city (only a small portion) and the rest in the county. Our daughter (my baby girl) went to county schools. The next door neighbor had several children (some adopted and some biological) and they went to city schools. My husband gets out and about more than myself and has actually worked on fence posts, etc., with the man next door but I am embarrassed to day I hve NEVER met his wife. They are the only family who has been here the whole 25 years we have been here. I used to joke about this one house across the road from our house (we cannot even see it from our house). I used to say I thought it was a home for the witness protection program because we never saw a family move in and we never saw them move out. It was rental property at the time, but now is owned by a family "apparently with two small children". My husband has met and spoken to the couple a few times down at the mailbox, but again, I have never met them. We live 1 mile from a grocery store. It is weird to think I probably pass these folks in there A LOT and never have known it.

We were very active in the "rest of the community" and know/knew many of my daughter's friends parents through school activities, etc.

Chemeria
01-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I still see it...?

I can't link to the page anymore. :(

Never mind I was able to get to it by typing in the name at the top, but it is no longer showing on my main page. weird.. maybe a FB error, thank you :)

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Its common, I have been here 17 years and I don't know these people. A few I would recognize if I saw them out, but most I wouldn't.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I want a new alert system.

elh
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM

I couldn't get to it from Google, but when I logged in to my FB account it was still there.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I am really angry and frustrated this morning.

Melanie
01-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Which might go back to confirm what MB's mom had said...about how they (parents) did not know each other. I know when my kids were younger, I would probably call their friends by their first names. Pure speculation, of course, but if she were closer to MB, she might say, "I wish to this day that I had called MB's house...(or 'her friend's house')...to say good night to H."

I guess it's not all that uncommon. As a SAHM, my son has frequent sleep-overs...usually here. The parents NEVER call. I have a boy here right now and he called his mom early in the day to ask if he could sleep over. She never calls back to say hello, goodnight, or even the next morning.

I'm an overprotective mom to extreme (as DH would say). When my son sleeps over at another house, I drive him, and always talk to the parent at the door. Sometimes I'll even bring a pizza.

Goodnight - my son is even taller than me. I guess I'll have to let go sometime.

I pray Hailey is found today!

MOO

Mel

Velouria
01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Latest Information on the Disappearance of Hailey Dunn

Updated: Jan 08, 2011 8:00 AM CST

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

1/8/11 Update, 8:00 a.m.: Searches are starting back up in Mitchell and Howard Counties. The next update from law enforcement is expected around 10:00 this morning.

Penelope
01-08-2011, 10:57 AM
As far as the moms not apparently knowing one another; i.e., BD and MB, I am embarrassed to admit that I have lived here for 25 years (yes 25) and we live on 5-1/2 acres of land. I do not know ANY of my immediately surrounding neighbors. When we first moved here, my daughter was in 2nd grade. Part of our property is in the city (only a small portion) and the rest in the county. Our daughter (my baby girl) went to county schools. The next door neighbor had several children (some adopted and some biological) and they went to city schools. My husband gets out and about more than myself and has actually worked on fence posts, etc., with the man next door but I am embarrassed to day I hve NEVER met his wife. They are the only family who has been here the whole 25 years we have been here. I used to joke about this one house across the road from our house (we cannot even see it from our house). I used to say I thought it was a home for the witness protection program because we never saw a family move in and we never saw them move out. It was rental property at the time, but now is owned by a family "apparently with two small children". My husband has met and spoken to the couple a few times down at the mailbox, but again, I have never met them. We live 1 mile from a grocery store. It is weird to think I probably pass these folks in there A LOT and never have known it.

We were very active in the "rest of the community" and know/knew many of my daughter's friends parents through school activities, etc.

I know what you mean. When my stepdaughter lived with me and my late husband on our 110 acre farm in rural Manitoba, Canada, it opened up a whole world of school friends and families we never knew existed! As far as neighbors, for many years we really only had contact with the people who lived next store out of necessity (we kept an eye on each other's yards, etc., when one of us went away).

After my husband passed away, I used to take my 2 dogs on walks at least once a day down the rural road -- and that was how I began to meet the neighbors. We would wave at each other and chat. I would meet some of them walking their own dogs.

I can imagine if BD was a single working mom, she probably would have little contact with neighbors or her daughter's friends and their family. However, when my stepdaughter was living with us, we were very careful about who she played with or visited -- but that was, in part, for fear that something would happen to her and that we would have to faith the wrath of my husband's ex-wife, her mother! :o)

Strawberry Fields
01-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Well, this might be a "pipe dream" but I have always thought about this. Why is there not television channel (national) that does nothing but show pictures/posters of missing children and also Amber Alerts. With all of the money people throw into "networks" such as the new "OWN" network, why can't there be a channel for missing/endangered children (or missing anyone for that matter). There could be a way for public donations too. I know I would donate occasionally and I know there are wealthy people that would be interested too. Perhaps people are under the impression no one would tune in, but I can be sure all WS folks would be watching.

msteach
01-08-2011, 10:58 AM

I didn't mean it like that. I have been a small town/farmgirl my whole life and I know what you mean. Lived the last place I lived for 15 years and only knew some of the neighbors enough to just wave at them as we passed one another.

I meant the fact that I knew my kids' best friends and, even if I didn't know their parents well, I would probably refer to that mom by her name or as "Jimmy's mom" or something like that...rather than referring to my son's best buddy as...'that boy'. That's what I was talking about.

Melanie
01-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Well, this might be a "pipe dream" but I have always thought about this. Why is there not television channel (national) that does nothing but show pictures/posters of missing children and also Amber Alerts. With all of the money people throw into "networks" such as the new "OWN" network, why can't there be a channel for missing/endangered children (or missing anyone for that matter). There could be a way for public donations too. I know I would donate occasionally and I know there are wealthy people that would be interested too. Perhaps people are under the impression no one would tune in, but I can be sure all WS folks would be watching.

At the rate children are missing, they most definitely need their own channel. Right now (as I see it), we have HLN, NG, and JVM that cover only high profile cases -- what about the rest of the missing?

Maybe I'll send a letter to Oprah!

MOO

Mel

Daisyjane
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Neither MB nor her mother was aware of sleepover plans, mothers did not know one another. SA was the only one to bring up MB, right? Could this simply be a fabrication by him? Maybe he heard Hailey mention MB's name at some point. Then upon Hailey's disappearance, he just recalled the name MB and said Hailey was planning to go there?

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Seems like some billionaire could start a 24-hr channel as suggested above, that just continually shows info on missing kids/adults...probably be a tax write-off anyway.

Any word on the 10AM supposed update from LE? Isn't it 10AM there?

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 11:07 AM
We need more than a channel. Just seeing the interviews of the searchers and what this experience is doing to them is proof positive that preventive measures need to be put in place. Immediate response, parent accountability, neighborhood accountability.

Wise Old Owl
01-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Here's the latest:

1/8/11 Update, 10:05 a.m.: NewsWest9's Geena Martinez says Colorado City City Manager reports no new details have emerged in the investigation this morning. Next official update will come this afternoon.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Come on Sparky - let's have an update:

Strawberry Fields
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I didn't mean it like that. I have been a small town/farmgirl my whole life and I know what you mean. Lived the last place I lived for 15 years and only knew some of the neighbors enough to just wave at them as we passed one another.

I meant the fact that I knew my kids' best friends and, even if I didn't know their parents well, I would probably refer to that mom by her name or as "Jimmy's mom" or something like that...rather than referring to my son's best buddy as...'that boy'. That's what I was talking about.

Yes, I do know what you are saying. I admire you for venturing out and meeting some of your neighbors now. Come to think of it, I was pretty overprotective too. One of my daughter's best friends mom babysat for me while I was working at the hospital M-F. They were on a little rec club cheerleading squad and that was a Godsend as a way for us to meet the parents of her friends. One mom was actually the cheerleading coach and we had just moved in when I put my daughter into that little squad. They were in a lot of competitions, etc. and in winter they practiced in the school gym in the evenings. I would never just drop her off but I always stayed for the entire practices. A lot of moms and dads just dropped them off and came back later, for whatever reason (maybe they were more familiar with the neighborhood, etc. or maybe they had other children in other activities. I guess you are right, I would have referred to them as "Christy and Cathy's mom, Jan", and not "those little girls or that mom. But everyone is different and I do not read anything into what BD says right now as she is so distraught.

~greeneyedgirl~
01-08-2011, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Strawberry Fields;5982146]Well, this might be a "pipe dream" but I have always thought about this. Why is there not television channel (national) that does nothing but show pictures/posters of missing children and also Amber Alerts. With all of the money people throw into "networks" such as the new "OWN" network, why can't there be a channel for missing/endangered children (or missing anyone for that matter). There could be a way for public donations too. I know I would donate occasionally and I know there are wealthy people that would be interested too. Perhaps people are under the impression no one would tune in, but I can be sure all WS folks would be watching.[/QUO

I live in a small country town outside of a pretty decent sized city, living in the country we cannot get cable tv, we use Bell Satalite and we have an Amber Alert Channel, it is amazing... Luckily we have only seen a few missing that have been found and brought home.

Lera213
01-08-2011, 11:14 AM
1/8/11 Update, 10:05 a.m.: NewsWest9's Geena Martinez says Colorado City City Manager reports no new details have emerged in the investigation this morning. Next official update will come this afternoon.http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

:(

SuziQ
01-08-2011, 11:14 AM
IIRC, Mark Klass tried to get a missing persons tv network going. It was turned down by the fcc for reasons I don't remember. I believe there is a thread on that somewhere at WS.

ETA: here is the link below

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91608&highlight=mark+klass

fhc
01-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Off Topic...Maybe a parenting channel!!! that would scroll by state the missing children and have public service announcements with pictures instead of commercials.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2011, 11:18 AM
There is an informal group from Abilene who posted on a newspaper comment section that they would meet at Sam's Club parking lot this morning to head out to search. I did not go for several reasons:

1) The citizen search apparently allows anyone with no ID, background check, training or knowledge of what to look for and how to avoid contaminating, documenting or missing anything.

2) If they find anything, I doubt you could get a real person on the phone to have professionals come out and collect it.

3) Surely Texas Rangers would prefer a professional organization such as Equisearch to be organizing the searchers if they thought Hailey was out there. Tim Miller requires ID. Does not allow sex offenders to participate and instructs everyone on safety and how to avoid contaminating evidence. An experienced Equisearch volunteer leads each small group to an assigned grid area.

I commend everyone who is out there looking for Hailey! I am sure that the citizens would have preferred to have some instruction, organization and leadership from someone who has done this over and over for years.

As it is, ordinary folks have had to step up to the plate and lead a missing child field search for the very first time. Any defense attorney will be able to have whatever they find thrown right out of court. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will have had their footprints and DNA all over Mitchell County by the end of the day, with no reliable record or proof of who went where.

It's not the citizens' fault...someone has to do it!

AppleGreen
01-08-2011, 11:19 AM

I have thought of this before too! Wish it would/could happen!

MagnoliaMom
01-08-2011, 11:20 AM
We are expecting rain & snow in the DFW area tomorrow (Sunday) coming in from the west. Any locals know the forecast for when this front will hit C City?

It shows beginning northeast of C City and sweeping across the south. At this time it is not suppose to hit C City. Day time temps in C City for the next 10 days are in the 50's-60's with a couple of days in high 40's. Night temps in 30's except a couple of nights it will drop to 19-23.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 11:23 AM
So no new details, that was the 10AM update? :(

elh
01-08-2011, 11:23 AM
We need a change in this nation in regards to the accountability of parents and neighborhoods.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I don't need or want anyone telling me how to be a parent to my children. And I don't think the outcome of this case would be any different, other than maybe BD realizing something was wrong on Monday instead of Tuesday. I also don't believe people on here realize what life is like in a small West Texas town. Its different, and that doesn't always translate into bad parenting or poor judgment. JMO

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I'd like to see small towns who have several firestations have a siren system that would alert their residents when a child goes missing so the folks can "stop, look, and listen".

Lera213
01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Anyone read any updates on the status of TES?

passionflower
01-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see small towns who have several firestations have a siren system that would alert their residents when a child goes missing so the folks can "stop, look, and listen".

that is such a great idea..........everyone listens to that.
Cheap also............I like this idea, plus perp would hopefully get scared knowing everyone was outside looking around!
Sirens can be heard a long way!

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I fear that if something has happened to Hailey, reporting her missing on Monday evening may have not made a difference, the harm probably had already happened. That seems to be true in most cases. Most times, if a child is taken and/or killed, there isn't a lot of time between the taking and murdering, if that is their intent. Now if Hailey took off on Monday, of course the sooner everyone knew the better, but still not sure we would be in a different situation right now, with an extra day's awareness. I'd bet that if Billie had called LE Monday night, they would have told her to check back on Tuesday.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 11:37 AM

How could we as a group get that started???
Individual towns? through police station?
A new bill through Klass Kids?
I have 5 twp fire stations all around me, and 1 down town.

Nana46
01-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Continues to blow my mind that folks can just disappear without a trace at all.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I already started on the FB page for a city I grew up in. Place is a mile square, blows a siren every night at 9 to notify kids of the curfew. Has been in place since the 60's.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 11:45 AM
The ways and means are already in place. Give the idea to NG and MK. It will take national coverage to wake up mayors and commissioners that this is a well worth while venture.

TGIRecovered
01-08-2011, 11:48 AM

The fact is that no one does. There is always a trace. It is finding that trace that is the problem. That takes swift action and an open mind, intense scrutiny of seemingly insignificant details and a determination to find the truth.

Whatever traces were left by Hailey were probably destroyed, contaminated, or lost by the time qualified help was finally allowed to step in.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Years ago ... many moons ago I lived in a small community where there was a brick making plant that employed anywhere from 200-300 mostly males. The plant had a huge loud horn that would blow for breaks/lunches and end of day. It was also setup to blow 3 two minutes blasts if a child went missing in the community. There was never a child lost in the community that I know of. The employees were to react immediately and fan out into the community to assist in finding the child.

All of this of course worked because it was a quick warning system meaning within minutes of a child going missing the horn blasts would happen. Would not have helped one diddly squat if it were blown hours/days later after a child went missing.

Sometimes it will work and sometimes not - the key is always the length of time that has passed from last sighting to when an alert is made that a child is missing.

All moo.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
The fact is that no one does. There is always a trace. It is finding that trace that is the problem. That takes swift action and an open mind, intense scrutiny of seemingly insignificant details and a determination to find the truth.

Whatever traces were left by Hailey were probably destroyed, contaminated, or lost by the time qualified help was finally allowed to step in.

In total agreement with your statements hence the situation the investigative team is in at the moment.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Two meeting locations for today's civilian searches (Abilene and C-City) - somebody has to do it - am annoyed for TES being in standby mode:

Amster
01-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Our small town uses the fire sirens to alert those out of the city of impending tornadoes. Where we live, we can barely hear the civil defense siren, but we can hear sirens from the nearest fire station.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 12:00 PM
This case is scaring me, in the event that the BF is indeed guilty and probably won't be talking with investigators anymore...I doubt that he shared anything with anyone else, these crimes are usually a one-person event. I am having trouble imagining how Hailey might be found. I can't help thinking of Kyron, many believe that one person holds the key and here we are, more than 7 months later, no Kyron.

Kimster
01-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Great idea! We have one for our volunteer fire department. They could have it blow a certain way to let the community know it is for a missing child, like having three in a row or something. Well, I think it does that already to let the volunteers know if it is for a fire or a parametic situation? Not sure. I'll have to find out and see what they say.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:07 PM
What are oil fields like?
Deep wells?
I have no idea, but SA knows oil fields?
Does anyone know if he hunted or fished? (guns/knives)
I'm hoping someone is over at BD house so she can sleep
and not have to answer the door/phone etc.
I'm afraid of her collapsing like Haleigh's mom, Crystal.

Kimster
01-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Reminder to Hailey's family and friends:

We have an area on WS that is not for discussion and is only for support of friends and family. If you need information without discussion and speculation, check this thread:

TX TX - Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27-Dec-2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Blue Eyed Chick
01-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I wish there was a way to develop a community wide "Code Adam" alert, where virtually everything stops until the child is located.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

for updates.......nothing since 10:05 and nothing new

elepher50
01-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Big Country news poll on whether TES should be brought in to search for Hailey. Snap of results just a minute ago. You can participate in the poll by going here:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
What's so sad to me is the perp had a head start on the crime.........
Hours before mom knew and reported that Hailey was gone.
almost 24 hours! IIRC

curiousc
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
This case is scaring me, in the event that the BF is indeed guilty and probably won't be talking with investigators anymore...I doubt that he shared anything with anyone else, these crimes are usually a one-person event. I am having trouble imagining how Hailey might be found. I can't help thinking of Kyron, many believe that one person holds the key and here we are, more than 7 months later, no Kyron.

I really thought Kyron would have been found sooner and yet, still no Kyron. That case makes me so sad. :(

And sadly I am thinking that perhaps the person who is responsible for Hailey going missing is someone very close to her and who had the opportunity that day. I could very well be wrong and I need more information to place blame on an individual. IMO

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:17 PM
96.1% public says YES to TES..........I voted!!!

sarx
01-08-2011, 12:17 PM
There is an informal group from Abilene who posted on a newspaper comment section that they would meet at Sam's Club parking lot this morning to head out to search. I did not go for several reasons:

1) The citizen search apparently allows anyone with no ID, background check, training or knowledge of what to look for and how to avoid contaminating, documenting or missing anything.

2) If they find anything, I doubt you could get a real person on the phone to have professionals come out and collect it.

3) Surely Texas Rangers would prefer a professional organization such as Equisearch to be organizing the searchers if they thought Hailey was out there. Tim Miller requires ID. Does not allow sex offenders to participate and instructs everyone on safety and how to avoid contaminating evidence. An experienced Equisearch volunteer leads each small group to an assigned grid area.

I commend everyone who is out there looking for Hailey! I am sure that the citizens would have preferred to have some instruction, organization and leadership from someone who has done this over and over for years.

As it is, ordinary folks have had to step up to the plate and lead a missing child field search for the very first time. Any defense attorney will be able to have whatever they find thrown right out of court. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will have had their footprints and DNA all over Mitchell County by the end of the day, with no reliable record or proof of who went where.

It's not the citizens' fault...someone has to do it!

BBM-Just an FYI, I have put the link to the SAR resource guide for communities (www.4themissing.net) on the FB page several times as well as tried to help organize the searches by using the discussion tabs with limited or no success.

In terms of evidence, there's a lot of factors going on here. I've seen a whole lot of cases where evidence got thrown out and it was collected by LE, even more when SAR was involved, so it's an issue no matter what. A person doesn't need a lot of training to do the most that they can to ensure its integrity. I repeat multiple times in the guide, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. It really doesn't take any training, just spend a 1/2 hour to go over the guide and it has it covered. Either flag the item, mark the coords/location and report it to LE or if you believe it to be very import then do not touch it, stay with it and call it in and get LE there (or if you have no coverage send someone for LE and stay with it).

I was a SAR purist for a very long time. "SAR and nobody else" was my attitude. I have come to realize that while this might sound good in theory it is flawed and not reality. Locals have knowledge that you can't find on maps. Locals have manpower that you sometimes can't get with smaller SAR groups. Then there is the issue that sometimes SAR is not called in at all, so what do you do? Sit by idly and just wait? No, a community shouldn't, but they need to be a little educated and organized and there needs to be a paper trail (again all this is available via a website). Even when a SAR operation is going, volunteers can be extremely useful in clearing area that are outside the scope of the official search, but again, there needs to be some basic knowledge and documentation.

Texas Mist
01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
What are oil fields like?
Deep wells?
I have no idea, but SA knows oil fields?
Does anyone know if he hunted or fished? (guns/knives)
I'm hoping someone is over at BD house so she can sleep
and not have to answer the door/phone etc.
I'm afraid of her collapsing like Haleigh's mom, Crystal.

passionflower, I think you might've signed off last nite when we were talking about oil wells & oil fields...here's the page where I responded to your questions...read on from there & there's other folks knowledge added, too....HTH

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124710&page=18

belimom
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
passionflower, I think you might've signed off last nite when we were talking about oil wells & oil fields...here's the page where I responded to your questions...read on from there & there's other folks knowledge added, too....HTH

On the subject of the wells/pipes... I wanted to add my post from the previous thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

I'm sure there must be are old/uncapped wells and pipes out there? Just a thought. (Thinking of the whole Baby Jessica thing...)

TGIRecovered
01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Big Country news poll on whether TES should be brought in to search for Hailey. Snap of results just a minute ago. You can participate in the poll by going here:

Thanks elpher!

Your link took me to the results page, so here is the link I followed to the homepage. Scroll down a bit to vote.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Thanks so much, never saw one.........I was thinking of something else like wells we have in PA.
Pix are great! Thanks.

Now does C city have septic tanks??? water wells???

elepher50
01-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer tells KTAB's Tiffany Tatro law enforcement will be focusing in on the town of Dunn Saturday after going door-to-door in Colorado City Friday.

Kampfer says a command post is being set up in the small town approximately 12 miles north of Colorado City.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329356

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:26 PM
On the subject of the wells/pipes... I wanted to add my post from the previous thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5981508&postcount=519)

I'm sure there must be are old/uncapped wells and pipes out there? Just a thought.

I guess that is more like I was thinking of............

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 12:33 PM
FYI - Find Hailey Dunn FB page is gone... probably because of the ignorant people that were posting finding items during the search.

Sorry, if this has already been mentioned

peeples
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
FYI - Find Hailey Dunn FB page is gone... probably because of the ignorant people that were posting finding items during the search.

I think it's a facebook problem, you can search it on facebook and it comes up

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Hailey-Dunn/165260016852020

Sheik
01-08-2011, 12:36 PM

It's still there.

Lurkey Lou
01-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Sheik, you need to read the first post on this thread before you get this thread locked up. You cannot sleuth the parents, they are victims and not named as suspects.

Lurkey Lou
01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
you mods are quick like bunnies around here ! :rocker:

Kimster
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-128-5294

Thread #1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123835)
Thread #2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5963715#post5963715)
Thread #3 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124421)
Thread #4 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124548)
Thread #5 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124597)
Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5975748#post5975748)
Thread #7 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124673)
Thread #8 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5979884#post5979884)

Media Links (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124057)

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. Itís like talking behind someoneís back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minorsí names, except for Hailey's, of course.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules (http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653)

czgtz: Hailey Dunn case
Redcat is a verified local in the Hailey Dunn case
mommajack: Hailey Dunn Case
40G!GZ7: Hailey Dunn case
spankysmom: Hailey Dunn case
ajk: Hailey Dunn case
smalltownmom71 is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
regresmom is a verified local Hailey Dunn case

Please Continue here...

:bump:

All is well. Just remember to read the first post. :blowkiss:

Sheik
Actually it's all fact. In a missing child situation, don't be so quick to rule out the parents.

Kimster
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
you mods are quick like bunnies around here ! :rocker:

:lol:

I just happen to be very interested in Hailey and was getting my updates.

KathrynL
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM

I just found it, and it is still active.

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I guess that is more like I was thinking of............

You name it, it's out there. A lot of rugged range/canyon land A hunters paradise.

KaylynnCouture
01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
This case is confusing me! I'm trying to keep up, but that seems impossible.

Hailey, I pray today is the day you come home safe!

Lurkey Lou
01-08-2011, 12:46 PM
:lol:

I just happen to be very interested in Hailey and was getting my updates.

I know, me too. I think it's the very small town or something that reminds me of our town, I can't stop thinking of her.

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry, that was odd. My son told me he couldn't get it and I tried and couldn't. Now I can.

Lurkey Lou
01-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry, that was odd. My son told me he couldn't get it and I tried and couldn't. Now I can.

facebook in general has been acting goofy for me all day.

czgtz
01-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Well, once again I return to see that I am just getting farther and farther behind here.... the fact that you all care so much about bringing Hailey home and are staying on top of the story is just so great.

I fell asleep early last night, and have not watched much of the news. The last I watched was showing the locals search. When they showed people digging through the dirt with their hands, I had to turn it off. I know that everyone is so anxious to find Hailey, and feel like they have to do something - whatever they can, but that is something I could not deal with. They were looking for Hailey's body, not Hailey alive....... and as long as there is ANY chance that Hailey will be found safe and brought home, I just can't stand to see things like that.

I just spoke with redcat. She will be out of pocket for a while. No idea what is going on with the FB page, but she has contacted FB and has someone working to get it back up.

I have spoken to Billie several times. Nothing really new to report - the investigation is continuing.

I can report that Mark Klaas returned my call. I had left a message at Klaas Kids yesterday. I gave him Billie's number this morning, and hopefully he will get ahold of her soon. Also, I had a missed call from TES. I spoke with them this morning also. They have been in contact with both Billie and Clint, are currently on stand-by, and ready to come to C-City on a moments notice if LE calls them in.

Everyone please continue to pray for Hailey's safe return, and for God to keep His hand on Hailey and all those that love her. Pray for the investigators also, to lead them in the right direction and help them find her. Soon.

I am going to try and look back through the posts, but it will take me days to do so. If anyone wants to throw some links out with anything pertinent, that would be great. I have mostly been concentrating on Billie, rather than the news, and after the last broadcast I watched, I really don't want to go searching through the news reports blind.
And I will be here for a while, so if there are any questions that other locals have not cleared up yet, I will try and do that.

Amster
01-08-2011, 12:52 PM
czgtz....when was the last time Billie saw Hailey?

Sheik
01-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, once again I return to see that I am just getting farther and farther behind here.... the fact that you all care so much about bringing Hailey home and are staying on top of the story is just so great.

I fell asleep early last night, and have not watched much of the news. The last I watched was showing the locals search. When they showed people digging through the dirt with their hands, I had to turn it off. I know that everyone is so anxious to find Hailey, and feel like they have to do something - whatever they can, but that is something I could not deal with. They were looking for Hailey's body, not Hailey alive....... and as long as there is ANY chance that Hailey will be found safe and brought home, I just can't stand to see things like that.

I just spoke with redcat. She will be out of pocket for a while. No idea what is going on with the FB page, but she has contacted FB and has someone working to get it back up.

I have spoken to Billie several times. Nothing really new to report - the investigation is continuing.

I can report that Mark Klaas returned my call. I had left a message at Klaas Kids yesterday. I gave him Billie's number this morning, and hopefully he will get ahold of her soon. Also, I had a missed call from TES. I spoke with them this morning also. They have been in contact with both Billie and Clint, are currently on stand-by, and ready to come to C-City on a moments notice if LE calls them in.

Everyone please continue to pray for Hailey's safe return, and for God to keep His hand on Hailey and all those that love her. Pray for the investigators also, to lead them in the right direction and help them find her. Soon.

I am going to try and look back through the posts, but it will take me days to do so. If anyone wants to throw some links out with anything pertinent, that would be great. I have mostly been concentrating on Billie, rather than the news, and after the last broadcast I watched, I really don't want to go searching through the news reports blind.
And I will be here for a while, so if there are any questions that other locals have not cleared up yet, I will try and do that.

See that concerns me. If someone finds something, like the glasses and sheath, are they handling what could be possible evidence? If there is an area of ground that looks freshly covered, they are digging through it? This could destroy valuable evidence don't you think? Why not just take a few steps back and call in LE so they can process the scene, etc?

MD MOMMY
01-08-2011, 12:55 PM
It would help if LE put out a flyer advising people on proper search techniques. Even asking them to read and sign it would help.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Thankyou! CZGTZ
Please tell me that someone is letting BD rest.
She needs sleep. Hard to do, I am sure.
we all lit candles last night for finding Hailey.
Take care of yourself.
You have to rest and stay in good shape to be a pillar
to everyone.

Claire Voyant
01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
See that concerns me. If someone finds something, like the glasses and sheath, are they handling what could be possible evidence? If there is an area of ground that looks freshly covered, they are digging through it? This could destroy valuable evidence don't you think? Why not just take a few steps back and call in LE so they can process the scene, etc?

That concerns me as well, Sheik. At the very least, well intentioned search parties should be given a quick briefing on proper handling of evidence. The problem, as I see it, is untrained people having to discern what's evidence and what's not. Likely evidence could be passed up as just trash or contaminated with their own fingerprints.

peeples

Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer tells KTAB's Tiffany Tatro law enforcement will be focusing in on the town of Dunn Saturday after going door-to-door in Colorado City Friday.

Kampfer says a command post is being set up in the small town approximately 12 miles north of Colorado City.

Dunn is where searchers discovered oil field glasses and a knife sheath in a stream Friday evening. A volunteer searcher also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they discovered tire tracks leading to an empty field. The searcher said authorities were alerted.

elepher50

RSBM: Hi czgtz,

Thank you for coming here and spending some time with us - much appreciated. Hugs to you and all you are doing.

One question only: How is Billie, Clint and David holding up and is Billie getting any rest at all?

epresley
01-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Good Morning! My wife and I wondered if you know if the kids at school have been questioned and if so, has anything turned up useful? Thanks!

keeponsearching
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry sure this has been answered but whats the distance between Hailey house and the friends house that she might of been going to. tia !

dreamweaver
01-08-2011, 01:03 PM

1/8/11 Update, 10:05 a.m.: NewsWest9's Geena Martinez says Colorado City City Manager reports no new details have emerged in the investigation this morning. Next official update will come this afternoon.

bbm

LisaB
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM

It actually blows my mind that so many are found. There is so much undeveloped, and overgrown property where a so-inclined person could dispose of a body, particularly if there was time to dig even the shallowest of graves. A small body, or body parts would be even easier. And yet, remains are located all the time.

I find it very odd choice of words that someone that lives in a home with a child and knows the little girl would say tha:

"I would never do anything to that little girl," said Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, "I love her with all my heart"

that is very odd that he would refer to her as "that little girl". He is living in the household and in contact with her everyday.. why not just call her by her name..
Okay... I too am one of those people who still refers to my daughter as "my daughter" most of the time when talking with most of my coworkers, even though she has been to my office and most of them HAVE met her.

By all accounts, Hailey did not much like SA, so it seemed a little strange to me that he'd say he "loves her with all his heart".

For a time, I was involved with a man who NEVER called her by name, favoring several nicknames, the most commonly used being... you guessed it... "That Little Girl". He, and eventually I, and several of my friends, began referring to her as "TLG". Everyone knew who we meant, including her. "Where's TLG?" Or Shouldn't TLG be in bed by now?" and even "TLG... come down for dinner!" The nickname outlasted the relationship.

I was ready to offer this story as proof that use of "that little girl" is NOT nefarious, and does not necessarily indicate distancing. As I began to type, I debated whether or not to post this at all, as it occurred to me that MY use of "TLG" and "That Little Girl" in reference to "Erika" (not her real name) was as a term of endearment. To my friends, to my family, to her friends, and to Erika, it was a completely innocent pet name. HOWEVER... several years after the relationship between this man and myself ended, it came to light that he had sexually molested Erika throughout the entire two years we were together. She was in elementary school at the time it occurred.

"Charles" (also a pseudonym) was the one who initiated use of the term, and he DID have reason to use distancing language when referring to Erika as he was, in truth, "too close" to her. We all picked the phrase up from him. So my defense of the use of the term is not so much a defense as I expected it to be. BTW, he has 13 years left on his sentence.

"Someone" mentioned the searcher who found the knife sheath, and criticized him or her for fishing it out of the stream...
That isn't a direct quote, but I wanted to set it apart from the previous topic. The sheath was described as "floating". I think if I were the searcher, and an item I believed to be evidence was floating downstream, it would be a no-brainer to pick it out of the flowing water rather than have it carried away. Better to have "compromised" evidence than not to have any, and the "searcher" could simply have his or her DNA and fingerprints logged for purposes of elimination.

"Someone" found it "hinky" that the mother of MB did not know Hailey, and said her daughter had never stayed overnight at Hailey's home... "Someone else" suggested that (IF GUILTY) SA could have made the story of the sleepover "more believable" by packing a few of Hailey's items up and removing them from the house to create the impression she had taken them with her.
That isn't a direct quote either, but, again, I wanted to set it apart from the previous topic.
BO/BD stated early on that Hailey HAD stayed over at MBs before, but did not say MB had stayed at her house. I do not have a link to MB's mother's statements, but I haven't seen anyone say that she claimed she had never met HAILEY, just that she had not met BO/BD. I am not even sure she said Hailey had never slept at her house... just that MB had not slept at Hailey's, and that Hailey was not expected to sleep over THAT night.
BO/BD was also asked if Hailey generally went to sleep over at MBs with nothing but the clothes on her back and she answered that this was completely normal, and that Hailey generally came home the next day to shower and change.
Removing things would, therefore, NOT have made the sleepover any more convincing, since she normally did not take anything. Where it WOULD have come in handy would have been when it was discovered that she had NOT been at MBs, as it would have planted the thought that she had left planning to be gone MORE than just one night (i.e. had run away).
==============================================
Last of all... there were questions about whether Hailey had internet access, via the XBOX or some other device. Based on the assertion that BD met SA on MySpace 2 years ago, and that he just moved in with her a few months ago, I'd say it's fair to assume that there was some sort of internet connection available to enable them to correspond in the year and a half in between, and that it was most likely utilized via the XBOX.

OK... I will shut up now.

ETA: OK, maybe not QUITE yet... I also wanted to add that I have lived in APARTMENTS where I literally never set eyes on any neighbor coming in or out of their unit (although I may have heard them) so learning that folks who live on lots several acres in size don't know their neighbors is no surprise to me. I live in a rowhouse on a 16' wide lot now, and there are always cars parked on both sides of the street, and I see kids at the bus stops and playing outside, but I almost NEVER see adults. I hear my next-door neighbors CONSTANTLY (like, screaming children 24/7 kind of constantly) but have not seen a human being come or go from that house since before Halloween.

NOW I am shutting up.

Claire Voyant
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Do you by any chance know if a Konnects was connected to the X box that was removed from Hailey's home? Kim Kommando reported on her show last week that Konnects takes pictures of players while playing games then stores and shows them after game play. Maybe there are some picture clues?

sherryk
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
If the local news stations can display a weather map in the corner of the screen when a "heavy thunderstorm" is expected and I am in Florida so thunderstorms are not uncommon. The news will flash on local stations with weather warning.. why not scroll a missing child alert on bottom of screen.

It is an insult to missing children that they will flash the weather, road closures at high traffic time but not that of a missing child.

The thing that I want to see happen even more so than television is to put out an alert and cut into raido play locally for a brief moment with ANY information. The color of a car, the child name, the last place seen, any information that could help

Perhaps there should be two levels.. an alert level one as in suspicious activity.. and then the full fledged amber alert.

One other thing.. in my area they will scroll at times when an elderly is missing and perhaps wondering on their own.. that is NOT an amber alert so I just think that they should do the same for a child. Every second counts and every set of eyes and ears could be the difference in a life of child.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 01:06 PM
What is the closest town WEST of CCity???
Are they searching in a 10-15 miles circle of CCity???

Blue Ridge
01-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm just utterly astounded that TES is being put on hold, instead of having them come on in now. There must be some reason that we just aren't privvy to, but I just don't get that at all :(

passionflower
01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm just utterly astounded that TES is being put on hold, instead of having them come on in now. There must be some reason that we just aren't privvy to, but I just don't get that at all :(

politics???? like in 'we' can handle it............

Claire Voyant
01-08-2011, 01:11 PM
If the local news stations can display a weather map in the corner of the screen when a "heavy thunderstorm" is expected and I am in Florida so thunderstorms are not uncommon. The news will flash on local stations with weather warning.. why not scroll a missing child alert on bottom of screen.

Actually, the National Weather Service shares signals with the AMBER Alerts. In the state of Texas, AMBER Alerts are shown where we'd ordinarily see those weather alerts.

fhc
01-08-2011, 01:12 PM
czgtz

This may make you feel better about the digging by hand during searches. Elizabeth Smart was initially staying in a hole in the ground with her captors and searchers were so close that she could hear them. There have been other cases like that, as well.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Have any phychics said anything?

Searchfortruth
01-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I wonder if some (not saying this is the case here) LE shy away from inviting groups, like TES, in to search. Maybe an ego thing comes into play ?

honeybun1807
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes I am wondering. Is everybody sure Hailey didn't make it to the fathers house. The place she said she was going first?

JenRen
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM

My suspicions are that LE has a reason to believe no one will find anything searching in that manner. Hence why TES is on stand by and why LE isn't doing much to organize community searches. LE keeps going door to door, this leads me to believe they think she may be holed up somewhere or being held in someone's residence.

However, this doesn't mean LE is CORRECT in their assumptions. They may be barking up the wrong tree and wasting valuable resources. IMO

msyanas
01-08-2011, 01:19 PM
There hasn't been a comment or aything said saince 15 hrs ago

http://touch.facebook.com/?w2m#profile.php

curiousc
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM

I wish that LE would welcome them with open arms and have an extra set of eyes looking. It definitely wouldn't hurt and it may bring Hailey home that much quicker.

~greeneyedgirl~
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
It actually blows my mind that so many are found. There is so much undeveloped, and overgrown property where a so-inclined person could dispose of a body, particularly if there was time to dig even the shallowest of graves. A small body, or body parts would be even easier. And yet, remains are located all the time.

Okay... I too am one of those people who still refers to my daughter as "my daughter" most of the time when talking with most of my coworkers, even though she has been to my office and most of them HAVE met her.

By all accounts, Hailey did not much like SA, so it seemed a little strange to me that he'd say he "loves her with all his heart".

For a time, I was involved with a man who NEVER called her by name, favoring several nicknames, the most commonly used being... you guessed it... "That Little Girl". He, and eventually I, and several of my friends, began referring to her as "TLG". Everyone knew who we meant, including her. "Where's TLG?" Or Shouldn't TLG be in bed by now?" and even "TLG... come down for dinner!" The nickname outlasted the relationship.

I was ready to offer this story as proof that use of "that little girl" is NOT nefarious, and does not necessarily indicate distancing. As I began to type, I debated whether or not to post this at all, as it occurred to me that MY use of "TLG" and "That Little Girl" in reference to "Erika" (not her real name) was as a term of endearment. To my friends, to my family, to her friends, and to Erika, it was a completely innocent pet name. HOWEVER... several years after the relationship between this man and myself ended, it came to light that he had sexually molested Erika throughout the entire two years we were together. She was in elementary school at the time it occurred.

"Charles" (also a pseudonym) was the one who initiated use of the term, and he DID have reason to use distancing language when referring to Erika as he was, in truth, "too close" to her. We all picked the phrase up from him. So my defense of the use of the term is not so much a defense as I expected it to be. BTW, he has 13 years left on his sentence.

That isn't a direct quote, but I wanted to set it apart from the previous topic. The sheath was described as "floating". I think if I were the searcher, and an item I believed to be evidence was floating downstream, it would be a no-brainer to pick it out of the flowing water rather than have it carried away. Better to have "compromised" evidence than not to have any, and the "searcher" could simply have his or her DNA and fingerprints logged for purposes of elimination.

That isn't a direct quote either, but, again, I wanted to set it apart from the previous topic.
BO/BD stated early on that Hailey HAD stayed over at MBs before, but did not say MB had stayed at her house. I do not have a link to MB's mother's statements, but I haven't seen anyone say that she claimed she had never met HAILEY, just that she had not met BO/BD. I am not even sure she said Hailey had never slept at her house... just that MB had not slept at Hailey's, and that Hailey was not expected to sleep over THAT night.
BO/BD was also asked if Hailey generally went to sleep over at MBs with nothing but the clothes on her back and she answered that this was completely normal, and that Hailey generally came home the next day to shower and change.
Removing things would, therefore, NOT have made the sleepover any more convincing, since she normally did not take anything. Where it WOULD have come in handy would have been when it was discovered that she had NOT been at MBs, as it would have planted the thought that she had left planning to be gone MORE than just one night (i.e. had run away).
==============================================
Last of all... there were questions about whether Hailey had internet access, via the XBOX or some other device. Based on the assertion that BD met SA on MySpace 2 years ago, and that he just moved in with her a few months ago, I'd say it's fair to assume that there was some sort of internet connection available to enable them to correspond in the year and a half in between, and that it was most likely utilized via the XBOX.

OK... I will shut up now.

I don't find this odd at all, they have been together for 2 1/2 years. In my own experience only my BF has been in my kids lives for 3 years and we have lived together for 2 of those years and he loves my kids with all his heart as if they were his own and my babies love him but not the way he loves them...He loved them with all his heart before he even met them, it is much different for an adult to accept a child then for a child to accept an adult.

curiousc
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't find this odd at all, they have been together for 2 1/2 years. In my own experience only my BF has been in my kids lives for 3 years and we have lived together for 2 of those years and he loves my kids with all his heart as if they were his own and my babies love him but not the way he loves them...He loved them with all his heart before he even met them, it is much different for an adult to accept a child then for a child to accept an adult.

I don't find it odd as to what he said but they showed the video over and over on NG the other night of him saying it. I can't put my finger on it, but I certainly didn't like his facial expressions, especially the way it looked to me like he was somewhat smiling when he said it. IMO

sherryk
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Actually, the National Weather Service shares signals with the AMBER Alerts. In the state of Texas, AMBER Alerts are shown where we'd ordinarily see those weather alerts.

Amber alerts are shown here also. The news, the radio, televison as you stated where they show weather related events, scrolling signs on the highways.

I am not saying the Amber Alert. I am saying that there needs to be a level of importance BEFORE amber alert to be on the lookout.

In this case and many others by the time the Amber Alert rules and guidelines are sorted out it is too LATE.

The first few hours are very important. An alert level need to be implimented of any missing child report even BEFORE they decide if it meets Amber alert conditions.

The guidelines for the amber alert requires too much verification of what LE can gather. IMO you get a lazy LE officer taking report, one who just doesnt use the best judgement then time is wasting.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LfQiLZ1S8BAJ:www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm+amber+alert+criteria&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

marlame
01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
What is the closest town WEST of CCity???
Are they searching in a 10-15 miles circle of CCity???

Below is a link to a map of the area-- someone here posted it Thur. night.
It is very helpful and includes points of interest like Hailey's house, friends house, search areas, etc!!!!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Hopefully, searchers are searching the heavily wooded area near the river and extend over into Scurry County. i think it is the western edge of town. They were searching that area on 1/6/11. If TES arrives this is where I would have them focus initially.

czgtz
01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
czgtz....when was the last time Billie saw Hailey?

Billie left her house before 7am Monday to go to work. I am sure she saw her Sunday. I always just take a look at my kids asleep before I leave to work, even though I don't wake them up - I figure most moms do. But I didn't ask Billie specifically about 'looking in' on Hailey Monday morning.

I was totally uninvolved in the search. On the news, I saw some of the people who were searching pulling branches away from piles, and digging through loose dirt with their hands. It did say that they contacted LE, but I had the impression that they did not wait for LE before they started moving branches and digging.

It would help if LE put out a flyer advising people on proper search techniques. Even asking them to read and sign it would help.
That concerns me as well, Sheik. At the very least, well intentioned search parties should be given a quick briefing on proper handling of evidence. The problem, as I see it, is untrained people having to discern what's evidence and what's not. Likely evidence could be passed up as just trash or contaminated with their own fingerprints.

I called the Laura Recovery Center yesterday. They actually come out for several days to instruct the layperson how to properly search. The man I spoke with there told me that they had contacted CCPD and actually mailed a copy of their manual to Chief Bivins. I do not know if the PD made that available to the searchers.

RSBM: Hi czgtz,

Thank you for coming here and spending some time with us - much appreciated. Hugs to you and all you are doing.

One question only: How is Billie, Clint and David holding up and is Billie getting any rest at all?

I think that it is understandably harder on them the more time that passes without having Hailey with them. I talk to Billie several times a day, but I haven't talked to Clint since the prayer vigil. I know that Billie is trying to rest and eat, but of course she is having a hard time.

Good Morning! My wife and I wondered if you know if the kids at school have been questioned and if so, has anything turned up useful? Thanks!

It is my understanding that local LE questioned quite a few kids. I know that when the Rangers came in, they did some more questioning.

Sorry sure this has been answered but whats the distance between Hailey house and the friends house that she might of been going to. tia !

Depending on what route you take, anywhere from 4-6 blocks.

~greeneyedgirl~
01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't find it odd as to what he said but they showed the video over and over on NG the other night of him saying it. I can't put my finger on it, but I certainly didn't like his facial expressions, especially the way it looked to me like he was somewhat smiling when he said it. IMO

Oh I agree....but just the statement doesn't seem hinky to me....when the two are put together for sure

laurensmom
01-08-2011, 01:34 PM
First-hats off to everyone doing an amazing job as always helping find Hailey....you guys never cease to amaze me.

I've been reading, watching, praying from the start...I've read every single post...I just haven't had anything to add....until now.

I can't help but think it's of upmost importance for Clint's girlfriend to try and remember if Hailey came by or not. IMO it would make a huge difference. I know I've read she has a new baby, etc. and the days run together....but I just think it would help tremendously.

6 years ago I brought home a very sick 7 week old from the hospital...up all night and day with meds/crazy feeding times/etc.....I could still tell you the comings and goings of my home. If she is certain she was awake around the time Hailey supposedly came by before going to her friend's....I'd be doing everything to try and remember....not bashing her at all....I just think it's a little more important than not.

peeples
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
First-hats off to everyone doing an amazing job as always helping find Hailey....you guys never cease to amaze me.

I've been reading, watching, praying from the start...I've read every single post...I just haven't had anything to add....until now.

I can't help but think it's of upmost importance for Clint's girlfriend to try and remember if Hailey came by or not. IMO it would make a huge difference. I know I've read she has a new baby, etc. and the days run together....but I just think it would help tremendously.

6 years ago I brought home a very sick 7 week old from the hospital...up all night and day with meds/crazy feeding times/etc.....I could still tell you the comings and goings of my home. If she is certain she was awake around the time Hailey supposedly came by before going to her friend's....I'd be doing everything to try and remember....not bashing her at all....I just think it's a little more important than not.

I believe it was determined Hailey did NOT come over that day because LE consistantly states the last confirmed sighting of Hailey besides the boyfriend is by the neighbor at 12:30 when she was in the backyard on the phone.

czgtz
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Do you by any chance know if a Konnects was connected to the X box that was removed from Hailey's home? Kim Kommando reported on her show last week that Konnects takes pictures of players while playing games then stores and shows them after game play. Maybe there are some picture clues?

I do not know exactly what all was with the X Box. I haven't heard of a Konnects. I can't imagine what type of clue could be found if the only type of picture it takes is during game play. I do know that Billie does not have internet access, so pictures would not have been transmitted anywhere.

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Not going anywhere. You take care of you and Billie.
One question- is NG still on the table if Hailey is not back by Monday?

sherryk
01-08-2011, 01:40 PM
http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978890807

I am going to stop reading the news articles on this case.

The above article states that Nancy Grace got it wrong. I do not see where she got anything at all wrong. BD DID tell NG that she was told she failed the poly.
So now LE is stating they didnt tell her that.. as far as I am concerned LE is covering their back sides. There is no reason for BD to make up somthing about LE. I am convinced they did tell her than to get a reaction. I do not think it was the person conducting the poly. but someone, somewhere on the totum pole seems to have told her such.

The above artice stated in regards to the home being searched it was said that BD claims the home was searched Wed. HOWEVER BD did correct that and say that it was searched previously but a more through seach was Wed.

The news being reported by some outlets really need to go back and watch the video of the NG show.

I am starting to get really angry that the concentration on what NG got wrong. I am the first to correct NG when she gets too dramatic but in this case she is NOT wrong and she didnt not report false information, in fact the words were from DB.

I think the above article is LE covering their behinds in knowing that someone very well could of told her she failed the poly and that they did tell her BEFORE her poly that boyfriend failed.. which is a big, huge NO NO and LE simply covering that fact.

I have a soft spot for BD. This poor woman is in agony and pain. It is all over her fact that this is the worst possible thing that has ever or ever could happen. I in fact am worried that her body is just going to give out on her. She looks very frail.
IMO BD has nothing at all to hide, I do not like the news making her actions to be questionable or her being untruthful.

I am gonna slack off on reading for awhile. I really hope that NG does not refrain from covering the case. Look where it got Easley.. caught by a viewer.

ok enough venting. I am just so sad over this. I am sad that Hailey is missing and that her mother is doing ALL she can to bring her little girl home.

Wise Old Owl
01-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I do not know exactly what all was with the X Box. I haven't heard of a Konnects. I can't imagine what type of clue could be found if the only type of picture it takes is during game play. I do know that Billie does not have internet access, so pictures would not have been transmitted anywhere.
So, neither parent had internet access at their homes? I heard CD say on NG the other night that he didn't have internet. But Billie said she met SA through MySpace so I thought she might have had internet - but she did say she didn't have a computer.

I, too, don't understand why LE hasn't looked through dad's house. I know Hailey's markers would have been all over the house as she stayed there quite frequently but the same applies to Billie's.

Do you know how Hailey was getting on the net? She posted to her facebook account in late November - probably from friends' houses or did she go to the library? Some of the times she posted were later in the evening when the library would have been closed.

I'm wondering if the neighbor that saw her has internet and Hailey was able to connect using his access? With 2 teens in the house - it is very possible they found out they could "hijack" the neighbors access.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I too am frustrated that Clint's GF can't remember if she saw Hailey Monday, so much is riding on that. Can't she reconstruct Sunday, the day after Christmas and go from there?
If she did see her, it backs up BF's story, when nothing else does.

I don't think LE has any knowledge that made them do the door-to-door; I think they are just trying everything.

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes I am wondering. Is everybody sure Hailey didn't make it to the fathers house. The place she said she was going first?

And him and the gf saying they didn't know or was it didn't remember?
Also, him saying he didn't remember if the car was there.

curiousc
I too am frustrated that Clint's GF can't remember if she saw Hailey Monday, so much is riding on that. Can't she reconstruct Sunday, the day after Christmas and go from there?

I don't think LE has any knowledge that made them do the door-to-door; I think they are just trying everything.

That's frustrating me as well. I've had 3 babies and I bet I could remember the last time I saw someone a week or two after. Nevermind the fact that it was a few days after Christmas and usually people remember more so what has happened around an important holiday. IMO

elepher50
Where is Morgan Creek in Dunn - cannot find it on a map anywhere. Help.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 01:50 PM
This should be a simple question, and maybe it is just that no one has asked it correctly and waited for an answer-WHERE did Hailey sleep on Sunday night the 26th? In which house, in whose bed, who saw her?

curiousc
01-08-2011, 01:50 PM

CD said he did not see Hailey that day. He also said he wouldn't know if the car was there as SA and BD parked in the back of the house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

CLINT DUNN: She just disappeared.

GRACE: OK. Let`s back it up a little bit. Did you see her at all that day?

CLINT DUNN: I didn`t see her at all that day.

GRACE: When did you first learn she was missing?

CLINT DUNN: I seen her the day before. Later on that night, David came over -- my son came over and asked me...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

C. DUNN: Yes, I look over there constantly, all the time.

GRACE: Could you see -- could you see Shawn Adkins` car there the whole afternoon?

C. DUNN: I`m not even sure. They park the car around the back, so I really can`t see the car very well from my house.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 01:52 PM
"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean in a new release. "Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

czgtz
01-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Not going anywhere. You take care of you and Billie.
One question- is NG still on the table if Hailey is not back by Monday?

I would hope that NG would like to continue coverage. I didn't ask Billie if it was mentioned.

Some of the links I looked at after the last NG aired gave the impression that LE is saying Billie lied about several things, polys included. I do not believe that Billie lied, stretched the truth, or in any way attempted to mislead anyone.

Billie is desperate to get Hailey back. Her main intention going into any interview is to get Hailey's picture to as many people as possible and have everyone know that she wants Hailey back. She has no reason to talk trash about LE, did not control the direction of the show, or have any control over what questions were asked of her.

I am very proud of Billie for being able to hold it together and be coherent during the interview. Personally, I don't think I could have done it. Billie is being honest and candid - which is all she can do.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM

"at a later date" does not sound very optimistic to me...

ajk
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I wonder if some (not saying this is the case here) LE shy away from inviting groups, like TES, in to search. Maybe an ego thing comes into play ?
donnt believe that ego has anything to do with the local LE decisions on any of this case, they are taking this as hard as any of the other locals here and the rest of the world, its a very hard and sometime strategic thing to find a missing person and they dont have there best intrests in mind its all about find little miss hailey.

Ellebelle
01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
I live in the boonies in Missouri. Recently when my teenage nephew came and spent the night with me he accessed the internet via his phone. We do have internet access, but no high speed wireless or DSL. He told me that his phone allowed him to have the internet access even if it wasn't available to me. Maybe that is how it was with Hailey's postings on FB and MS?

Strawberry Fields
01-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I keep thinking of the Brittany Smith case around here. LE had set up the command post, working 24/7, and the police chief would hold pressers, sometimes 2 x a day. He finally stated at one point that they really have no idea if "they" meaning her abductor, Jeff Easley and Brittany are still in the area. They kept saying they think someone is helping them. Then a concerned citizen noticed her on the NG show one night and then saw them panhandling all the way over in California and made the call. One statement I have heard made, not sure who has said it, but our police chief said the exact same thing, "it is like they dropped off the face of the earth". I just wish there could be more national news. We found as we followed BS's case that the Amber Alert was actually (I never knew this was done) was done by a state by state basis. In other words, I had always thought an Ambert Alert was automatically national, but evidently not. The LE determined which states they "thought they might be headed to" and those were the only states who issued the Ambert Alerts.

We also would hear bits and pieces from WSers who were following the case from places like California who would say they had not heard a single thing about BS's disappearance. So it shows that programs like NG can be very key to finding these missing children.

keeponsearching
01-08-2011, 02:00 PM
There seems to be a pizza hut on the way to the friends, well I don't think she would of pass that way, but is there also gas stations in the area? It also looks like it could be a stop off of the highway. If by any chance she did head to dads and SM can't remember, or even skipped dads and headed to friends, she could of came across a stranger asking for directions.

StrayKat

The above article states that Nancy Grace got it wrong. I do not see where she got anything at all wrong. BD DID tell NG that she was told she failed the poly.
So now LE is stating they didnt tell her that.. as far as I am concerned LE is covering their back sides. There is no reason for BD to make up somthing about LE. I am convinced they did tell her than to get a reaction. I do not think it was the person conducting the poly. but someone, somewhere on the totum pole seems to have told her such.

The above artice stated in regards to the home being searched it was said that BD claims the home was searched Wed. HOWEVER BD did correct that and say that it was searched previously but a more through seach was Wed.

The news being reported by some outlets really need to go back and watch the video of the NG show.

I am starting to get really angry that the concentration on what NG got wrong. I am the first to correct NG when she gets too dramatic but in this case she is NOT wrong and she didnt not report false information, in fact the words were from DB.

I think the above article is LE covering their behinds in knowing that someone very well could of told her she failed the poly and that they did tell her BEFORE her poly that boyfriend failed.. which is a big, huge NO NO and LE simply covering that fact.

I have a soft spot for BD. This poor woman is in agony and pain. It is all over her fact that this is the worst possible thing that has ever or ever could happen. I in fact am worried that her body is just going to give out on her. She looks very frail.
IMO BD has nothing at all to hide, I do not like the news making her actions to be questionable or her being untruthful.

I am gonna slack off on reading for awhile. I really hope that NG does not refrain from covering the case. Look where it got Easley.. caught by a viewer.

ok enough venting. I am just so sad over this. I am sad that Hailey is missing and that her mother is doing ALL she can to bring her little girl home.

Have you ever had a poly? If so were you told you passed/failed OFFICIALLY?

fhc

When we had our 2 babies, we were taking pictures almost daily. Sometimes to send a picture to friends & relatives to show the outfit they had sent on our baby. Are CD & Gf taking pictures of baby? Maybe there is a picture of baby with Hailey on that day that hasn't been downloaded because of lack of computer or possibly a disposable camera, with film that hasn't been developed yet?

els
01-08-2011, 02:02 PM
So far, a pay-pal account has not been set up. It was fairly late in the day when I spoke with the bank... pay pal hadn't even crossed my mind. That is a very good idea. However, the bank will have to do that. They are not disclosing the account number to anyone, and said just to have anyone put "Billie Dunn" on any money that they would like to go to help Billie out.

I will call back to the bank Monday and see if they are willing to do a pay pal account to link to the account they have set up.

thankyou. im going to go to my bank on monday and see if i can wire money if not, this has got to me so much, i cant sleep with worrying. love and best wishes.

Wondergirl
01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
What is the general theory on what happened to Hailey Dunn?

czgtz
01-08-2011, 02:06 PM
So, neither parent had internet access at their homes? I heard CD say on NG the other night that he didn't have internet. But Billie said she met SA through MySpace so I thought she might have had internet - but she did say she didn't have a computer.

I, too, don't understand why LE hasn't looked through dad's house. I know Hailey's markers would have been all over the house as she stayed there quite frequently but the same applies to Billie's.

Do you know how Hailey was getting on the net? She posted to her facebook account in late November - probably from friends' houses or did she go to the library? Some of the times she posted were later in the evening when the library would have been closed.

I'm wondering if the neighbor that saw her has internet and Hailey was able to connect using his access? With 2 teens in the house - it is very possible they found out they could "hijack" the neighbors access.

Remember that Billie said she and her BF met through MyS over 2 years ago. I don't know if Billie had internet at her house at that time.

As far as anyone getting online.... well, besides doing so at a friend's house, you have friend's phones, work access, libraries, schools, and any number of places - including accessing through someone's unprotected account. My daughters are able to access internet through their phones, and I am sure that there are many other kids who have this ability also.

Lots of times, I have kids (and adults) coming to my house under the pretense of visiting, but really just to get online. I know a lot of people who don't have their own internet access or computer who are 10x more active on BF or MyS than I am. There is also the possiblity that Hailey just called a friend and asked her to update her status for her - that is not too far fetched an idea for me.

ajk
01-08-2011, 02:07 PM

i am very exteremly happy NG has taken this case so fast, the only thing i can think of that she got wrong is the LE not even tryn to get the amber alert going, they did try 3 time and failed. she has done great at getting this out and i sooo thank her for doing so;

peeples
01-08-2011, 02:07 PM

I don't think anyone has a clue. Possibly that the mom's boyfriend is involved but LE seems to be grasping at straws, and i don't think there is a concensus around here on WS's either :(

Wondergirl
01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I realize this has probably already been discussed at length, but, what does this mean for the case?

Have all the registrants of the motel been interviewed? Surveillance?

Sniffer dogs picked up the girl's scent in the car park of a motel which led them to a ground-floor room, but no other evidence was found

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345012/Mother-missing-cheerleader-Hailey-Dunn-13-boyfriend-fail-polygraph-tests.html#ixzz1ATLRA0F7

elepher50
01-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Have formed no theory on what has happened. Am only hoping that investigators have not developed any tunnel vision.

IMO this case is wide open to any and all possibilities at this point. There is so little known in the way of confirmed facts to be able to form any opinion or theory.

TxLady2
01-08-2011, 02:13 PM

I heard him say that they always parked the car in the back and he couldn't see it from his house. I take it that his house is not literally across the street, right? Maybe up a block or so, or is it on the next street over? Not clear on that, but I thought he said looking out his front or back door, not sure which, he could not see if the car was there or not.

peeples
01-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I realize this has probably already been discussed at length, but, what does this mean for the case?

Our S and R person Sarx said it could have been a false hit being the dogs from the prison were used to 48-72 hr scents not ones days after. I don't think it's really been explored by LE, or they haven't put a lot of stock into it.

ajk
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
I would hope that NG would like to continue coverage. I didn't ask Billie if it was mentioned.

Some of the links I looked at after the last NG aired gave the impression that LE is saying Billie lied about several things, polys included. I do not believe that Billie lied, stretched the truth, or in any way attempted to mislead anyone.

Billie is desperate to get Hailey back. Her main intention going into any interview is to get Hailey's picture to as many people as possible and have everyone know that she wants Hailey back. She has no reason to talk trash about LE, did not control the direction of the show, or have any control over what questions were asked of her.

I am very proud of Billie for being able to hold it together and be coherent during the interview. Personally, I don't think I could have done it. Billie is being honest and candid - which is all she can do.
Bd is a very strong woman, im glad she keeps it together in the interviews, if she didnt not as much info would get out, i hope she is able to have help with coping with this. you are a wonderful friend and you as well need to be getting rest so you can be there in full. good job

peeples
01-08-2011, 02:16 PM

People from the motel were i believe they used the word contacted.
There is a camera, but it wasn't pointed in the direction of where the scent was.
(doing this from memory this was talked about a few days ago and some things seem to kinda run together :( )

MsFacetious
01-08-2011, 02:16 PM
"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean in a new release. "Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

At a later date?! :maddening:

It isn't late enough already?!

264 hours isn't long enough for this girl to be reported missing and her mother and father to wonder where she is? If she's hurt, if she's cold, if she's being tortured, if she's dead?

264 hours already... yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

I don't know how Billie is doing this. If I was her I would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let Texas Equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing I don't live there because I lost it when I saw that... and I'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though I don't know Hailey. This is absurd.

This is a little girl, not a lost cell phone!

You don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere NOW.

Wondergirl
01-08-2011, 02:17 PM
The scents by the dogs seem to be very indicative of a stranger abduction.

According to City Manager Kampfer, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20, just a few blocks from Hailey’s home.

Kampfer says the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

curiousc
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM

264 hours isn't long enough for this girl to be reported missing and her mother and father to wonder where she is? If she's hurt, if she's cold, if she's being tortured, if she's dead?

264 hours already... yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let TES do it.

I don't know how Billie is doing this. If I was her I would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let Texas Equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing I don't live there because I lost it when I saw that... and I'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though I don't know Hailey. This is absurd.

You don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere NOW.

That's what bothers me. They have people willing to come and help (TES). The more people searching the better, no? Let them come in and help and find Hailey more sooner than later.

Wondergirl
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Our S and R person Sarx said it could have been a false hit being the dogs from the prison were used to 48-72 hr scents not ones days after. I don't think it's really been explored by LE, or they haven't put a lot of stock into it.

BBM: What????!!!! :eek:

Well, I really hope tunnel vision isn't the case here. There seems to be alot of speculation about Hailey's Mom's boyfriend, and while there could certainly be something to that, it is not necessarily the case.

How common are false hits, SARX????

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM

I totally agree with everything you said.
I completely believe Billie over le or anyone else.
I think Nancy has been very nice.
I think Billie has been forthright and honest.
I don't see what NG got wrong.
I did not see where Le said Billie lied.

Maybe, everyone needs to look up the tactics as far as polys are done.
From what I've read they never OFFICIALLY (what is official) confirm that you pass or fail immediately after taking the test.

Please, can a sleuther help me with this.

Lera213
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
"there are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said senior dps trooper sparky dean in a new release. "some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

at a later date?! :maddening:

it isn't late enough already?!

264 hours already... Yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

I don't know how billie is doing this. If i was her i would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let texas equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing i don't live there because i lost it when i saw that... And i'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though i don't know hailey. This is absurd.

this is a little girl, not a lost cell phone!

you don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere now.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lera213
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
From day one you look at the person who saw her last, that would be the BF, you get his so called timeline, then work it. BF said he drove the mom to work right? If so, LE should have done their first search, from MOM's home to her work, then they search where the BF said he went next. The other patrols could have been canvasing the immediate area around her house while LE more experienced search the areas I stated above.

peeples
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
BBM: What????!!!! :eek:

Well, I really hope tunnel vision isn't the case here. There seems to be alot of speculation about Hailey's Mom's boyfriend, and while there could certainly be something to that, it is not necessarily the case.

How common are false hits, SARX????

Obviously that is my opinion, it just seems nothing else has been said about it.
Nothing was said about taking the dogs into each individual hotel room (that i saw) and nothing more has been said about the motel.. seems like after they said they got the hit, there was no follow up info...

czgtz
01-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Where is Morgan Creek in Dunn - cannot find it on a map anywhere. Help.

Morgan Creek is a tributary of the Colorado River. TXU built Lake Colorado City on Morgan Creek in the late 1940s so that they would have a body of water to cool their electric plant.

I am not sure (even living here my entire life) where Morgan Creek passes through Dunn, TX.

One thing to keep in mind about all of the creeks and streams, plus the Colorado River: this area is extremely dry. Sometimes the the creeks and streams, and even the river, are bone dry. There might be a liitle bit of water for some distance, or just a spot here and there. Only a handful of times in my life can I remember seeing deep water in the river, or the water actually 'running'.

Even the lake has suffered. At one point they started pumping water from other communities because the lake was so low. It has been a couple of years, but I remember people water skiing, falling down in the middle of the lake, and then standing up to knee high water.

mommy23
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
"there are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said senior dps trooper sparky dean in a new release. "some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

at a later date?! :maddening:

it isn't late enough already?!

264 hours already... Yet some of these areas will be searched "at a later date"... I would really like to know why they can't be searched today.

If they have to wait till a "later date" to search an area because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

If all these civilians have to search an area and risking contaminating evidence, because they don't have enough people, let tes do it.

I don't know how billie is doing this. If i was her i would be in the police station demanding, begging, pleading, crying, screaming that they let texas equusearch come in and search.

It's a good thing i don't live there because i lost it when i saw that... And i'd probably be down at the police station doing that right now. Even though i don't know hailey. This is absurd.

this is a little girl, not a lost cell phone!

you don't want till a later date, you call in all the trained resources available to you and you search everywhere now.

amen!!!!!!

LisaB
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM

When I heard that, I thought of the joke about "why is it that you always find your lost keys in the LAST place you look?" with the punchline being that you'd be silly to keep looking for your keys AFTER you found them.

I assumed this meant they were pretty darned sure this lead was going to pan out, and that the other sites would be checked only if this strong lead failed to yield results.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I only saw 2000 population report of 75 people for Dunn, is it that small?

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I guess I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that LE did or is checking the hotel occupants, cameras, interviewing staff, etc...and that they are checking H's FB, including those girls she listed as "enemies", finding out which homes had company that weekend or kids home from college, etc, knows by now where all local SO's were on Monday. I mean, with Texas Rangers and FBI there, they should be on top of all of this, right? Should know if H was on a call on the Monday around noon or anytime thereafter, should know when she was actually last seen by each of her parents. I hope they are doing all this and know all of this...even if we don't. But they need to get TES up/over now, if there more areas to search, "at a later date" is not acceptable.

Redbird
01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I have not been able to reading all the posts regarding this case. Maybe this has been mentioned before. Could this case have an internet scenario? When I heard about Hailey being out in the back yard on the phone and then she leaves, it stuck in my mind, wondering if she met someone on the internet who lured her away. Is this a possibility. I have tremendous respect for BD, she is amazing.

TxLady2
01-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Maybe they just don't have enough trained resources to search 24/7. Searchers get tired and have to take a break sometimes. The last thing they need is for somebody to pass out from exhaustion. They also have to keep some officers on their regular duties, they can't ALL stop to help with the search. But "at a later date" could mean tomorrow... not necessarily next week.

Beyond Belief
I believe LE is within the "box", but has fingers exploring outside the box.

curiousc
I have not been able to reading all the posts regarding this case. Maybe this has been mentioned before. Could this case have an internet scenario? When I heard about Haleigh being out in the back yard on the phone and then she leaves, it stuck in my mind, wondering if she met someone on the internet who lured her away. Is this a possibility. I have tremendous respect for BD, she is amazing.

This very well could be an internet scenario. It could be any type of scenario right about now.

I wonder how quickly they can get access to any deleted text messages on phones, etc. and if they know what, if any, conversations Hailey may have had with any person leading up to and that day.

CathyinTexas
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Off Topic...Maybe a parenting channel!!! that would scroll by state the missing children and have public service announcements with pictures instead of commercials.

Why not contact Oprah Winfrey Network about this?

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Hailey not having her own phone means it must be more difficult for LE to track down any texts, etc. Also with no internet in the home, they need to figure out whose computers she used, if any and where. The X-Box LE took may belong to brother or BF. And I don't think we know if H's i-device is missing, I can't remember what she was said to own. If she did not take it with her, is this unusual, did she always have it with her?

peeples
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
czgtz-

Can you find out if Hailey took her Ipod (or similar device) with her when she left??????

I think that is a huge question in everyone's mind
Thank you and bless you for being here and being Billie's friend :)

~Lisa~
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
czgtz...We know Hailey slept at her Father's on the 25th...
do you know if she spent the night at her Dad's on the 26th too?

Thank you

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
I was just reading on the high profile cases that came out of Lubbock tx. Thats only 110 miles from Colorado City.

czgtz
01-08-2011, 02:59 PM
czgtz-

Can you find out if Hailey took her Ipod (or similar device) with her when she left??????

I think that is a huge question in everyone's mind
Thank you and bless you for being here and being Billie's friend :)

I asked Billie about this several days ago. She remembers that Hailey was looking for it a few days before Christmas, but does not know if she found it.

liltexans
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Here's another site that may be able to provide assistance to the family: 18 Wheel Angels, found at projectjason.org:

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.shtml#familyforum

ETA: projectjason apparently offers several types of help to families:

http://www.projectjason.org/benefits.shtml

Benefits and Services Provided
Project Jason is a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization, and was established on October 6, 2003. Our organization primarily focuses on case assessment, resources, and support for families of the missing. We are not an investigative agency, nor do we perform searches. We offer services we are trained to provide. Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski, handles all interactions with family members, and has over 100 hours of professional training in various aspects of missing persons, including emotional support, DNA, support tools, databases and related matters, case management, media interaction, and more. Project Jason is also a member of AMECO, the Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations, Inc., which ensures the member organizations are credible, ethical, and effective nonprofits.

All of our services are free. As a nonprofit organization, we depend on the generosity of the public to support us, so that we can continue this very important work. We ask that this support come from other members of the community, rather than the families of the missing.

mahoneys07
01-08-2011, 03:04 PM
If there is any way to find out if she slept at home on sunday or at dad it would be greatly appreciated.
I assume she was at home that night as CD said that she was there christmas night and and sunday too he didnt specify night though.

Thanks

MagnoliaMom
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Thanks for this link! 96.4% in favor at the time I voted.

Amster
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Did Billie work on Sunday? How many cars does she have?

Amster
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Silly question I am sure - Will any of the donations to the account go to assist Clint as well? I am assuming that he is unable to work as well.

And....has a newborn and a car /truck that isn't running....definitely needs an advocate for him, his gf and his baby

passionflower
01-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Can anyone help me with embedding a map on here???
I just don't know how to do it.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
SSI benefits should be available for people going through this kind of trauma.

elepher50
Can anyone help me with embedding a map on here???
I just don't know how to do it.

What map are you referring to - may be able to help.

StrayKat
That's what bothers me. They have people willing to come and help (TES). The more people searching the better, no? Let them come in and help and find Hailey more sooner than later.

I was hoping Tim was coming saddled up... Colorado City has enough horses and people to mount them to provide a massive mounted search.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
51 members and 56 guests - welcome all. For all guests please consider joining WS as all ideas/opinions/help is welcome on Hailey's case and lots of other cases.

Lera213
01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
searchers needs to keep an eye up in the sky for buzzards. I know sorry but it is a must. I hope they were all told that also.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Holly's map with all points of interest marked here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=206712377457840198355.000498a54a49c9ef478db&ll=32.397393,-100.88861&spn=0.023952,0.038409&t=h&z=15

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Any 2pm update from LE?

MD MOMMY
01-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I wish Hailey had her own forum. I would love to see a list of the facts we know to be true etc. Actually, I wish she was found alive so we don't need a forum in the first place.

CathyinTexas
01-08-2011, 03:21 PM
My suspicions are that LE has a reason to believe no one will find anything searching in that manner. Hence why TES is on stand by and why LE isn't doing much to organize community searches. LE keeps going door to door, this leads me to believe they think she may be holed up somewhere or being held in someone's residence.

However, this doesn't mean LE is CORRECT in their assumptions. They may be barking up the wrong tree and wasting valuable resources. IMO

There was the recent case of that very scenario, but I can't remember the girls name. Her family and a family friend was killed and the authorities did find her alive in his basement. It does seem that LE suspect something like this in HD's case.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
What map are you referring to - may be able to help.

here are the links:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

and

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...38409&t=h&z=15

great for reference

Claire Voyant
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for this link! 96.4% in favor at the time I voted.

Voted, thanks. I'm trying to wrap my head around why anyone would vote no??? The only reason I'd think anyone would oppose it is if they had something to hide . . .

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Surely some search teams must be coming in, they have been out there for hours.......

marlame
01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Holly's map with all points of interest marked here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=206712377457840198355.000498a54a49c9ef478db&ll=32.397393,-100.88861&spn=0.023952,0.038409&t=h&z=15

Thanks! Is there a way to embed the map so everyone can see it without having to click on the link?

passionflower
01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
am I dense? or is this double talk????

All of the discoveries occured within a mile of a home where the boyfriend of Hailey's mother is believed to be staying.

Again, Kampfer says none of the developments or discoveries made by the volunteer search parties can be tied directly back to Hailey's disappearance

11am

passionflower
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Does TX have storm drains? any kind of culverts?
Just thinking of Jonathan Foster.......

passionflower
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Do many homes in TX have basements?

liltexans
01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know if SA has been posting to his MySpace account since Hailey disappeared? I don't have a MS, but I was wondering if there's a way to check.

curiousc
01-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know if SA has been posting to his MySpace account since Hailey disappeared? I don't have a MS, but I was wondering if there's a way to check.

I don't know if he has posted but I have seen that he changed his profile pic to include him, Hailey, DD and BD.

liltexans
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't know if he has posted but I have seen that he changed his profile pic to include him, Hailey, DD and BD.

Thanks. I was wondering based on comments on the Find HD FB page by a poster with the initials RB 2 hours ago.

msyanas
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Do u have link?

msyanas
01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Do u have link?

Chili Fries
01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Terri Horman did the same type of thing. I'm not going to place much importance on it at all because it is a very minor thing but I would use a picture of Hailey's missing poster if I were innocent and unfortunately in his position.

liltexans
01-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Not many homes in South TX have basements. Not sure about W. TX.

liltexans
01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Do u have link?

This is all I can see as a non-member of MS:

http://www.myspace.com/unconscious_mind85/photos/error?error=1

epresley
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Not as many homes have basements as you'd expect in tornado alley. Some houses, ususally older ones, have cellars out back that are usually scary as hell. I would nearly take my chances with a tornado rather than be down in one of those!!!!!! You brother and sister West Texans will know what I mean!!!

elepher50
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Holly Maphttp://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt62/elepher50/HollyMap.png

If this blows the margins will have to delete it.

curiousc
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Do u have link?

Not sure if I am allowed to post it?

passionflower
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks. I was wondering based on comments on the Find HD FB page by a poster with the initials RB 2 hours ago.

is it under todays comments??? I can't find an RB

liltexans
01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
is it under todays comments??? I can't find an RB

Yes, today's comments. Go to the "Find Hailey Dunn + Others" tab/section of the page and scroll down.

Walker007
01-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Just curious..

What do those triangle's with a rainbow running through them mean and what are they called?

lillys
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Blows my mind too Nana46. I clearly remember when Haleigh C. disappeared. I never thought she'd still be missing. Kyron H. vanished, not been found. It is one of the most shocking crimes in the US imoo.

passionflower
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes, today's comments. Go to the "Find Hailey Dunn + Others" tab/section of the page and scroll down.

found it and a couple more by him, SA friend maybe?????

Walker007
01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Just curious..

What do those triangle's with a rainbow running through them mean and what are they called?

Sorry to Quote myself - I knew the pic looked familiar - Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of The Moon - in the profile pic. Sure he could just be a fan but since everyone was discussing above, thought I would check. I did a google search on the meaning, which could mean nothing but I always look for symbolism.

Here is the link:
http://www.epinions.com/review/musc_mu-133836/musc-review-5D96-554309C-391273C6-prod4

liltexans
01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
found it and a couple more by him, SA friend maybe?????

The comments I read were not too favorable towards SA. More critical of him actually.

Djane
01-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Just curious..

It's a prism. The pic you are referring to is actually an album cover from Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon."

~Lisa~
01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
This is so frustrating! I need some new, news!
It's like she just disappeared into thin air....

ajk
01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
am I dense? or is this double talk????

All of the discoveries occured within a mile of a home where the boyfriend of Hailey's mother is believed to be staying.

Again, Kampfer says none of the developments or discoveries made by the volunteer search parties can be tied directly back to Hailey's disappearance

11am
please keep in mind if they found this yesterday the evidence must be checked by lab work and professionals in able to clearify that it is substancial evidence. it does take time for things to be tested. they have to be real careful on what they say the public (not saying its wrong) holds them to there every word. they want to get the most accurate info out so they can find her.

ajk
01-08-2011, 04:15 PM
yes they do.as well as homes here in ccity

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
yes they do.as well as homes here in ccity

Tornados

mikeysmommom
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I am having trouble with my computer, sometimes it wont let me type! Its driving me crazy!!! I have been here everyday hoping to see she is found safe. I did not follow LINDSEY BAUM but seeing her pic on Walkers she looks a lot like Hailey IMO.

elepher50
01-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Morgan Creek in Dunn - two views:

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I am having trouble with my computer, sometimes it wont let me type! Its driving me crazy!!! I have been here everyday hoping to see she is found safe. I did not follow LINDSEY BAUM but seeing her pic on Walkers she looks a lot like Hailey IMO.
Turn the keyboard upside down and shake out the cookie crumbs, maybe that will help. Thats usually my problem.

KellyConQueso
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM

I have lived all over Texas and you will very rarely find a basement because:

The water table is often only 3 or 4 feet below the ground surface - it's next to impossible to keep them dry. This also makes draining an in-ground pool a major undertaking because they have a tendency to pop out of the ground from the water exerting pressure from underneath.
The ground is often really rocky. If I want to dig more than a foot down in my yard to plant something, I have to get someone with a jackhammer and it's not uncommon for dynamite to be used to dig in-ground swimming pools. So basements are really expensive.
But the real reason is that we don't have to. Up North, a home's foundation has to be built below the frost line or it will shift. The frost line here is about 3 inches.

I believe I just told you more than you ever want to know about Texas basements!

elepher50
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Turn the keyboard upside down and shake out the cookie crumbs, maybe that will help. Thats usually my problem.

Thanks for that - made me smile and yes it will probably work.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I just got my new laptop back from Dell, as I had to send it in for repair, the keyboard simply stopped working. (I did not tell them how many times me and kitty fighting for space led to spills on the keyboard, I hope thjey are not reading here...)

mikeysmommom
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
God Bless her family, hope they can keep strong. We all feel so bad I can only imagine how horrific this is for Hailey's family also for the community. If they are not warning people to keep extra eyes on their children ,they should be.If it was not SA then there is a predator on the loose. It seems like she just vanished into thin air.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
If they have faith in the dogs, they will determine she was taken where the trail ended, if they don't or have other evidence they will point the finger at someone.

mikeysmommom
01-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I just got my new laptop back from Dell, as I had to send it in for repair, the keyboard simply stopped working. (I did not tell them how many times me and kitty fighting for space led to spills on the keyboard, I hope thjey are not reading here...)

Mine is just 4 months, I think I might be hitting something that sets the handicap settings and locks it up. I did shake it and was surprised at how much stuff came out lol. I have been online a lot checking all the cases I am following,that my hubby shaved off his mustache a month ago and I didn't even notice till he told me LOL.

my_tee_mouse
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I think it's a facebook problem, you can search it on facebook and it comes up

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Hailey-Dunn/165260016852020
It appears that you have to be logged in to your FB account to get it to come up. When I tried without being logged in...nuthin. When I logged in and then clicked on the link...up it came.

JenRen
01-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Mine is just 4 months, I think I might be hitting something that sets the handicap settings and locks it up. I did shake it and was surprised at how much stuff came out lol. I have been online a lot checking all the cases I am following,that my hubby shaved off his mustache a month ago and I didn't even notice till he told me LOL.

~BBM~

Reason #476 that you might be addicted to WS. :)

ajk
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
i was wondering if they have looked at that little bridge and around the road that goes behind dunn? im not sure what the name of it is but if your comming from snyder instead of turning left by the college to go to the 208 hwy you go straight to the stopsign and to the left is a road that you go down and curves left and theres a little bridge (as a kid i called it spooky bridge) it was just basically two boards that you go over. but at the end of the road is 208 just the other side of dunn. im sure locals know where i am talking about. SA could have took that road on his way to get BD in snyder.

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
i was wondering if they have looked at that little bridge and around the road that goes behind dunn? im not sure what the name of it is but if your comming from snyder instead of turning left by the college to go to the 208 hwy you go straight to the stopsign and to the left is a road that you go down and curves left and theres a little bridge (as a kid i called it spooky bridge) it was just basically two boards that you go over. but at the end of the road is 208 just the other side of dunn. im sure locals know where i am talking about. SA could have took that road on his way to get BD in snyder.

Good Idea... isn't that bridge fairly high? I don't know the rd but, can google.

lillys
01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I wish that LE would welcome them with open arms and have an extra set of eyes looking. It definitely wouldn't hurt and it may bring Hailey home that much quicker.

Exactly! That's what I keep going over in my mind....why not allow TES to go to the areas LE has suspection of ?
It would make for a faster search.

mahoneys07
01-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Exactly! That's what I keep going over in my mind....why not allow TES to go to the areas LE has suspection of ?

I don't quite understand it either unless they are seeing it as TES is usually search and recovery and they are still in search and rescue mode?

mahoneys07
01-08-2011, 05:06 PM
What about clint??? He has a new baby, no working car etc.. he probably needs some help too :(

Perhaps someone could call the bank and ask them to set one up for him?

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I would advise everyone being directly affected by this to file their income tax forms immediately so they get their refund back as fast as they can I know its not something any one wants to be bothered with right now, but it will help them down the line.

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
TES searches for people presumed to be alive as well, IIRC.

StrayKat
01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
What about clint??? He has a new baby, no working car etc.. he probably needs some help too :(

I was wondering about him working, it has never been mentioned where he worked.
Does anyone know? What does Clint do for a living?

I understand that he may need help but, I honestly think this is for Billie and David. I don't know if another family would be included.
Sleuthers please help.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
The account should be designated for the family of Hailey Dunn. That includes both residences.
Everything that can be done, should be done, if employers can't keep them on the payroll, they should be temporarily laid off so they can file for unemployment. Neither of them are in any condition to work.

lillys
01-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Right. Why wouldn't Clint's gf remember seeing her bf's daughter the day after Christmas? That's just odd imo.

BO's bf and BO herself said Hailey was going to her dad's and then to spend the night with so and so.

Then Hailey's friends mom said Hailey never spent the night there. :waitasec:

Then some friend of Hailey's said she saw Hailey and someone she didn't recognize?

No wonder LE is having a hard time finding her.

The longer she's gone, the more I'm leaning towards Hailey connecting with someone on the net....a RSO who talked her into meeting him and spending the night. And that thought makes me want to :sick:.

Beyond Belief
01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
The quickest and most effective way to collect money with permission of course is to have a bucket brigade at the redlights of busy intersections. You may be able to get Kiwannas, Jaycess, Lions club or somebody to do that.
If Billie has a mortgage it is imperative it stays paid, no deals with just paying interest or such nonsense, thats bad business. If anyone is in sec.8 housing, thats based on income and is workable.

nursebeeme
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I am reading along.... and I pray for Hailey and her family.

-------

furthermore..... has anyone else felt a somer thompson~vibe to this case?

--------

usually the best predators are silent as Marc Klaas so eloquently put it. And her disappearance seems to be like a whisper on silk.

I hope that door to door search was very, very, very, VERY thorough. I hope they used dogs in this process although I bet they just used officers.

lizzy_dk
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of years and followed a few cases. Until now i haven't felt the need to sign up - mostly because i think that i cannot offer much help because i live "across the pond" in Germany.

However, ever since i read about the disappearance of Hailey I have been glued to my computer. This case has really touched me and I feel for Billie and Clint. It is heartbreaking to watch both of them fall apart.
I hope and pray that Hailey will be found safe and sound very soon.

Being a single mom myself I know how hard it is to support your family on your own and would very much like to help by donating money. I can't donate very much but I have saved some money. My question is now how can I get the money to Billie? I read in a post that an account will be set up. For an international bank transfer the bank always need a lot of numbers (e.g. account no., IBAN no. ...) to process. Can anybody help?

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to tell the members of WS what a wonderful job you all are doing. I have never seen a community working so hard with compassion, love and empathy to help solve cases of missing people they don't even know.
As English is not my native language please overlook my grammatical mistakes and typos.

my_tee_mouse
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Didn't someone say he was in HUD housing? Donations might actually prove to cause more harm than good...put him over income limits, etc.

marlame
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM

And they are so very experinced. Why are they not allowing tes to help?

ajk
01-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Good Idea... isn't that bridge fairly high? I don't know the rd but, can google.
please do i am NOT at all computer savy

Wise Old Owl
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of years and followed a few cases. Until now i haven't felt the need to sign up - mostly because i think that i cannot offer much help because i live "across the pond" in Germany.

However, ever since i read about the disappearance of Hailey I have been glued to my computer. This case has really touched me and I feel for Billie and Clint. It is heartbreaking to watch both of them fall apart.

Being a single mom myself I know how hard it is to support your family on your own and would very much like to help by donating money. I can't donate very much but I have saved some money. My question is now how can I get the money to Billie? I read in a post that an account will be set up. For an international bank transfer the bank always need a lot of numbers (e.g. account no., IBAN no. ...) to process. Can anybody help?

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to tell the members of WS what a wonderful job you all are doing. I have never seen a community working so hard with compassion, love and empathy to help solve cases of missing people they don't even know.
As English is not my native language please overlook my grammatical mistakes and typos.

:wagon:

cluciano63
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.cnbccity.com/
Lizzie here is the website for the bank, they have an e-mail address under "contact", they can probably help you if you want to do an overseas transfer and welcome.

nursebeeme
01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Sunday, Dec. 26
• Hailey spent the night with her dad, Clint Dunn, on Christmas, so the morning of Dec. 26 was the last time he saw her

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

lizzy_dk
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.cnbccity.com/
Lizzie here is the website for the bank, they have an e-mail address under "contact", they can probably help you if you want to do an overseas transfer and welcome.

Thank you so much for the link. I will contact the bank directly.

peeples
01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Didn't someone say he was in HUD housing? Donations might actually prove to cause more harm than good...put him over income limits, etc.

Yes but rent is income based, so IF he's not getting a check because he cannot work and the donations replace what he was making, it will still say the same. If he gets no donations and has no income his rent will go down to about nill. (We lived in HUD when my husband and I were both in college).
Same goes for Food stamps TANF benefits etc.. donations have to be reported as income anything over like $30 or $100 something like that, but again if won't do any harm if he's not currently able to work if donations are more than what his paychecks would have been, then it could lower benefit amts and raise the rent. HTH

ajk
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM

-------

--------

usually the best predators are silent as Marc Klaas so eloquently put it. And her disappearance seems to be like a whisper on silk.

I hope that door to door search was very, very, very, VERY thorough. I hope they used dogs in this process although I bet they just used officers.
my house wa one of those searched and they only did a walk thru of my garage and a shed in my backyard, not sure what they did on any others tho. my house isnt in the close vacinity of BD"s teither tho.

lizzy_dk
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
:wagon:

Thank you! Good to be here. I wish it wouldn't be under those sad circumstances. But at WS it always is....

mahoneys07
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM

-------

--------

YESSS exactly what i was thinking last night and billie even reminds me in some ways of Somers mom

peeples
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
wasnt' there supposed to be a press conference this afternoon??

mommy23
01-08-2011, 05:36 PM

The bank info is right below your post... maybe you can call them and ask??? Although, then that is an international phone call, and I have no idea how much those cost! sorry HTH