PDA

View Full Version : TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-128-5294

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21

Media Links

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.
We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. No bashing Law Enforcement. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

Kimmer
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I can bet when that car was returned to BD there was more on it than there were when they took it, if you get my drift.

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 02:35 PM
BD doesn't have a driver's license, right? The affidavit showed her having a Texas ID and SA having a Texas DL. I'm guessing every LE officer from Colorado City, to Dunn to Big Springs knows this by now.

nervous_nellie
01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
i know some folks that have major stereo systems in their cars always have electrical tape for those reasons. electrical tape is not a super strong tape like duct tape... i dont think it would be the tape of choice for any of the possible reasons we might be thinking he would need tape for...jmho

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I wonder if she could not get her DL renewed because she could not show proof of insurance?

Clock's Tickin
01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
so how many threads before this case gets a section?

MCDRAW
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
BD doesn't have a driver's license, right? The affidavit showed her having a Texas ID and SA having a Texas DL. I'm guessing every LE officer from Colorado City, to Dunn to Big Springs knows this by now.

Anyone know why she doesn't have a driver's license? Why would someone own a car but doesn't have a DL?

sarx
Sorry what is going on about the car?

cluciano63
I think they had plenty of time to remove anything from the car that they wanted to hide, before it was taken away by LE, unless of course, there are hairs, fibers, etc. in the trunk which should not be there.

KathrynL
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM

The affidavits list a DL number and Texas ID number for both Dunn and Adkins. I'd link you but I saved them to my hard drive. The are on bigcountry.com though.

westsidefox64

IIRC it showed she has both ID and DL

tehcloser

LE gave it back to her Sarx.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331526

cluciano63

It was just returned to Billie, apparently. Found 2 rolls of electrical tape, misc. papers, trace evidence was collected.

bellyup
LE gave back the car ? That means they must not have found too much of interest. I don't find it odd at all that there is electrical tape (esp in an older car). If they felt anything in that car was used to harm or transport Hailey I don't think they would have returned it and I'm certain they likely used HRD dogs to sniff it over.

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 02:40 PM
IIRC it showed she has both ID and DL

Nope, just an ID......I have the docs open.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images/Multi_Media/bigcountryhomepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

TEH IS WRONG IT"S ON PAGE 2

Clock's Tickin
Now that SA is officially a suspect, maybe that will rattle the trees a bit and shake out a few leaves of truth. A person should be easier to find. It makes you want to inject your kids with a homing beacon for safety! What is WRONG with people--waaaaaaay to many cases out there!!

yllek
Could SA have wanted to share what he did or what he was about to do with a co-worker? Perhaps he went to work to pick up someone and take them back to the house? Possible explanation as to why he went into work only to turn around and go back to the house. Wonder if LE checked to see if anyone else from SA's company was unaccounted for during that time.

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Here's the first page of the affidavit. By BD's name is the Texas ID and by SA's name is the Texas DL.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=143301019061764&set=a.143300989061767.28094.141840975874435

KathrynL
01-14-2011, 02:43 PM

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images/Multi_Media/bigcountryhomepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

On pg 2, top of page the list BDs DOB, Texas DL and Texas ID number. Don't want to copy/paste and violate a rule.

ETA I did save them from the big country website the day they were published.

Soulmagent
Does anyone know if any members have a case archive going for Hailey?

Blue Ridge

Teh - top of page two of the affadavit - BD's DL ;)

Aedrys
01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Well, at least there's not a terrible smell in the trunk, like in another case...then we'd know for sure what happened...it is upsetting that they might have not have found anything, though.

Tammie63
01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey Mods, whats the chance of Hailey having her own thread? It would been nice to have a working timeline to glance at and a permanent place for pics, news links, maps etc.
THANKS in advance.... pls consider

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
On pg 2, top of page the list BDs DOB, Texas DL and Texas ID number. Don't want to copy/paste and violate a rule.

I don't see that, but I gave the link and everyone is free to look for themselves. I STAND CORRECTED I NEED NEW GLASSES.

Clock's Tickin
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Could SA have wanted to share what he did or what he was about to do with a co-worker? Perhaps he went to work to pick up someone and take them back to the house? Possible explanation as to why he went into work only to turn around and go back to the house. Wonder if LE checked to see if anyone else from SA's company was unaccounted for during that time.

Still thinking he went SO THAT someone would see him and could say "Oh yeah, he was here when we all clocked in"-----I'm thinking DD coming home was not part of his plan---he'd probably hoped to say he was at work all day but kept to himself???? IDK-very bizzare actions--lots of red flags with the whole-"I was fired/I quit/I just left" BS!:waitasec:

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Teh - top of page two of the affadavit - BD's DL ;)

Thank you. I stand corrected. I'm actually glad she can drive. And talk on her cell phone in the car. :)

sherbetjello
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM

There is one, but as always I am no help (I don't have the link off hand.) [it might be in the media thread for HD, maybe!]

Just affirmation that there is one, and hollye has a great map.

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
I want to hear from SA's mom.... like what time did he get to your house, what was his demeanor etc??????

I am starting to think that SA did his little "doctor pepper dance" at work then came home telling Hailey something to get her out of the house... like we have to go pick up your mom, etc...

he then takes her somewhere... during the interruption in service...

the 2.5 hour interruption in service is the key to where to look for her in my opinion.

also... when at his mom's.... did he shower??? do laundry???

so many questions

CaseyLPC
01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
i know some folks that have major stereo systems in their cars always have electrical tape for those reasons. electrical tape is not a super strong tape like duct tape... i dont think it would be the tape of choice for any of the possible reasons we might be thinking he would need tape for...jmho

If you know how to use electrical tape it can be a very strong type of binding agent. It is just not as convenient as duct tape. I do agree that most rape kits found have included the duct tape instead because it is more versitile and can stick to anything.

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
He's standing on that cellar door, but what is all that circular burned area from around his feet ON the door???? Just kinda weird looking...

IMO looks like someone spray painted rope black on top of the door?

Crosby87
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
In the affidavit LE said BD & SA withdrew cash from the ATM machine shortly after 6 pm on dec 27; How can this be true if BD worked from 7 am - 7 pm on Monday, dec 27?

My theory is SA had BD's debit card and he withdrew the cash and went & purchased the drugs before he picked BD up from work at 7 pm. JMO

peeples
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
IMO looks like someone spray painted rope black on top of the door?

Yes it does, thank you :)

peeples
01-14-2011, 02:54 PM
In the affidavit LE said BD & SA withdrew cash from the ATM machine shortly after 6 pm on dec 27; How can this be true if BD worked from 7 am - 7 pm on Monday, dec 27?

My theory is SA had BD's debit card and he withdrew the cash and went & purchased the drugs before he picked BD up from work at 7 pm. JMO

Nope because in the affidavit, she admitted they BOTH went to the ATM

tehcloser

She does not deny being there and withdrawing the money, and also in the affidavit it says she "admitted" to buying illegal narcotics.

CKay
I want to hear from SA's mom.... like what time did he get to your house, what was his demeanor etc??????

I am starting to think that SA did his little "doctor pepper dance" at work then came home telling Hailey something to get her out of the house... like we have to go pick up your mom, etc...

he then takes her somewhere... during the interruption in service...

the 2.5 hour interruption in service is the key to where to look for her in my opinion.

also... when at his mom's.... did he shower??? do laundry???

so many questions

bbm ... ITA

bellyup
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, at least there's not a terrible smell in the trunk, like in another case...then we'd know for sure what happened...it is upsetting that they might have not have found anything, though.

It's actually somewhat encouraging to me.
IMO .... if they returned the car there was no signs of death in the car (including scent).
To me that means .... they didn't use the car to transport Hailey which would lead me to conclude.... either she was harmed elsewhere or she wasn't harmed at all.

watchful_eye
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Okay, sorry about the electrical tape folks----I have never heard of keeping it in cars. I guess it can be used for car maintenance.

STILL---IF YOU READ ALL OF THE AFFIDAVITS AND DOCUMENTS that have been released, OMG--both SA and BD look PRETTY DARN HINKY to me, especially Adkins and his fired/quit story, his obsession with slasher flicks, and him comparing killing Hailey to that of killing a deer, of which he had admitted doing on several occasions (he hunts deer).

The articles that were found in the house, all about serial murderers/rapists---THAT IS CREEPY. As I said before, I am interested in true crime, but I sure as heck don't print out the articles I read and collect them. YEESH.

And lastly, I'm sorry, I know this is not an accurate way to judge someone, but Adkins looks EVIL, even in the interviews. He is DEAD IN THE EYES. Just because he looks evil obviously does not mean he is guilty, but it is just one more piece of hink in this case.

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Many hospitals have ATM machines. It could be that they withdrew it from there?

eileenhawkeye
01-14-2011, 03:01 PM
so how many threads before this case gets a section?

I looked at other cases to see how many General Discussions it took before they got a forum and it was 27 for Haleigh Cummings, 166 for Caylee Anthony, 17 for Kyron Horman, and 40 for Zahra Baker. I'm not sure if there's any other criteria before a case gets its own forum.

imawitch
01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Anyone know why she doesn't have a driver's license? Why would someone own a car but doesn't have a DL?

when i was 16, many many many moons ago...Im over 45 now lol

My parents gave me a car...it was before i had my dl...they put the car in my name,,,of course, it sat in the garage until i got my dl a month later..

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 03:03 PM
the car findings ((in so far as we know)) indicate to me that he was able to get her willingly into the car

and the deed was done somewhere else during the interruption of service for 2.5 hours.

I truly think that is why they have been scouring the areas 12 miles away...

like looking for a needle in a haystack..... sigh....

they need more... they need him to talk or for a tipster to come forward that may have seen him driving around that morning...

now that he is officially called "suspect" LE will make some sort of plea to the public to this effect I WOULD HOPE

passionflower
01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
IMO .... if they returned the car there was no signs of death in the car (including scent).
To me that means .... they didn't use the car to transport Hailey which would lead me to conclude.... either she was harmed elsewhere or she wasn't harmed at all.

or she was transported ALIVE and then something bad happened.....IMO

buffetoflies
01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe the tape was just for the color. Electric tape for the most part is black. Duct tape is gray, Masking tape an off whitish color, scotch is clear, Painting tape can be blue/green/red...

mechelle69
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
The cellar's in the ground are very scarey to me............
does everyone have one in TX for storms????

My grandparents in Fort Worth didn't have one. But my grandparents in Oklahoma City did.

TXHOPE
He's standing on that cellar door, but what is all that circular burned area from around his feet ON the door???? Just kinda weird looking...

I'm going to have nightmares about these pictures! He's freaking me out! :ohwow: I'm so scared for Hailey.

fhc

lol, no and they were popular in some rural areas up to the 1950's. Most people that can afford them have 'safe rooms' now :)

imawitch

I dont have one..tho I cant speak for other texans..

eta,Ive got take lil break..but ill be back l8r to catch up

tia for the links, for keeping me in the loop...

praying that Hailey will be found soon.

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I dont have one..tho I cant speak for other texans..

eta,Ive got take lil break..but ill be back l8r to catch up

tia for the links, for keeping me in the loop...

praying that Hailey will be found soon.

I'm in New Jersey but want a root cellar in the worst way!

TXHOPE
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM

They're really common in the pan handle of Texas.

Amster
I hope that the last thing Hailey saw on this earth wasn't that masked psycho. Way to go, Billie. You brought this nightmare into your home. And, I bet, Hailey paid the ultimate price because of your "hobby"....

:sick:

SurfieTX

Not where I live. We're right at about sea level. My in-laws live further north by Oklahoma, and they have a root cellar. I've never visited near Abilene the areas around where these folks live, so that's hard to say.

KMouse
01-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I think they had plenty of time to remove anything from the car that they wanted to hide, before it was taken away by LE, unless of course, there are hairs, fibers, etc. in the trunk which should not be there.

For sure. Especially since they were crime case readers.
Way too much time has gone by.
I said yesterday they need to start taking people footwear right off the start and that goes for vehicles too. It always seems like by the time LE decides to deal with trace evidence a lot of time has passed.

Blue Ridge
01-14-2011, 03:14 PM
My grandparents in Fort Worth didn't have one. But my grandparents in Oklahoma City did.

I am not familiar with these...Mechelle, do they have lights / electricity in them? Thanks!

KMouse
01-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Not sure if it has been asked/mentioned before but I would like to know where SA lived before he moved in with BD.
I call bull-you-know-what on when she says he moved in.
Lets face it, she does not have good judgement so I bet SA was staying at her place a lot earlier than when she says.

lynnb
01-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Don't all ATM's have cameras? If she said she was with him, I'm thinking she was caught on the ATM camera with him and had to admit to it.

buffetoflies
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Up here it's mostly basements for stormy weather. When we lived in a trailer though, my dad dug down a few feet and put a little room under the front porch.

mechelle69
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I am not familiar with these...Mechelle, do they have lights / electricity in them? Thanks!

I don't recall. I haven't been to the place since my grandfather died over 15 years ago. My grandmother sold it. It was used for tornadoes. As you probably know, OKC is in tornado alley. I have a vague memory of being in the cellar. I believe it was very dark so probably no electricity.

KMouse
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Don't all ATM's have cameras? If she said she was with him, I'm thinking she was caught on the ATM camera with him and had to admit to it.

No.
A lot of those stand alone machines do not. There are the ATMs in parking lots not connected to banks and some of them do not have cameras. I found this out when my bank card was skimmed and used in another part of the country at 0200 hours.

Mom_of_M&M
01-14-2011, 03:25 PM

I live in the Texas Panahandle and we had one of these cellars when I was a kid...my parents actullay had it put in! They are pretty common around here in the older areas. I know a lot of them even have electricity - ours did. Now there are lots of newer homes that have safe rooms or basements. I'm not sure why there would be a need for these cellars further down by Snyder and Colorado City, as they do not have as many tornados as we do in the panhandle. I do have to admit that I hated storm season because the cellars are VERY scary.

Quiche
01-14-2011, 03:28 PM
My grandpaps had a cellar to store root vegetables. :twocents:

passionflower
01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Do we know if SA mom, grandma,BD.has these cellars on their property???
Some say it is at cousins house.

Tammie63
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I am leaning towards SA had been interested in HD for a while. I think the day he went in to work he realized that DD was out of the house, BD was at work and HD was home alone... perfect opportunity. He acted on it.

Shin Masamura
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I am leaning towards SA had been interested in HD for a while. I think the day he went in to work he realized that DD was out of the house, BD was at work and HD was home alone... perfect opportunity. He acted on it.

I agree, Much like the Brittney Johnson case, (BTW where is the case thus far?) Men moving in taking an extra interest in the young daughter.. but in this case it seems she wasn't that interested in return..
btw did SA lose his job or was he still employed.. what is the layout of that situation, i think that in lies what going on here..

buffetoflies
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Has it been said what Shawn Adkins grandma's or moms name is?

and is it ok to post their past addresses if I get from free site?

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Do we know if SA mom, grandma,BD.has these cellars on their property???
Some say it is at cousins house.

I can say with 99% certainty that mom's house does not. It is in a newer subdivision. I'm not sure about grandmother's or BD. BD did have a "shed" of some sort. On the link naming SA as a suspect, Kamfer (or however you spell it), said that they will be going back to BD's house to do some type of "digging?". He wasn't very clear about what that meant exactly.

Texas Mist
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
An FYI for everybody - Youtube vid / FB discussion related to this case will remain in the PL for now.

If you see your posts referring to YT or FB have 'disappeared' from this thread (even if it's reported by MSM), please check the thread in the PL because I am going to be moving posts down there.

Please help us out & don't quote any posts on those topics - give me a few minutes to get them moved.

Thanks so much!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

KMouse
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. SA planned this.

passionflower
01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I hope our LEVI PAGE sees these threads on Hailey!!

Recovering-Lurker
Anyone care to give me an update of any major things that have happened in the last week? I've been away having a baby on 1.11.11. :) Thanks in advance.

epresley
I live in the Texas Panahandle and we had one of these cellars when I was a kid...my parents actullay had it put in! They are pretty common around here in the older areas. I know a lot of them even have electricity - ours did. Now there are lots of newer homes that have safe rooms or basements. I'm not sure why there would be a need for these cellars further down by Snyder and Colorado City, as they do not have as many tornados as we do in the panhandle. I do have to admit that I hated storm season because the cellars are VERY scary.

Very cool, I grew up in Hereford! Now I live down in San Angelo and no, we don't have as many tornados here as we did in the panhandle, but do now and then.

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 03:40 PM
That is interesting, he (Kamfer?) says they have already been under the house...maybe BD didn't know that last night.

peeples
An FYI for everybody - Youtube vid / FB discussion related to this case will remain in the PL for now.

If you see your posts referring to YT or FB have 'disappeared' from this thread (even if it's reported by MSM), please check the thread in the PL because I am going to be moving posts down there.

Please help us out & don't quote any posts on those topics - give me a few minutes to get them moved.

Thanks so much!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125252)

sorry!!!!

passionflower
Anyone care to give me an update of any major things that have happened in the last week? I've been away having a baby on 1.11.11. :) Thanks in advance.

What a great day for a birth date! Congrats to you and family!!!

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 03:41 PM

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great:

hollye
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Congratulations, Recovering-Lurker!!!!!!

WillenFan21
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Colorado City, TX—Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTAB News that the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother is now considered a suspect in her disappearance.

Shawn Adkins has not been arrested or taken into custody.

"I would consider him a suspect," said Kampfer. "I would say he's at the top of the pyramid."

At this point, law enforcement tells us Hailey Dunn's case is primarily a criminal investigation. Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean and Kampfer have said there are several "persons of interest."

"The focus has been around a lot of leads and information pertaining to Shawn," said Kampfer. There are still other persons of interest being investigated. They are still working on all the aspects related to the criminal side of the investigation."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331537

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 03:43 PM

I'm really starting to lean toward this theory. Most of SA's friends were young - way younger than him. Then he hooks up with an older woman (sugar mamma?) and moves in with her and her 2 kids. These 2 kids just happen to be in their teen years - just like his friends.

I tried and tried to search but came up empty handed. I cannot find where SA has ever lived on his own - in his own apartment or house. Looks like he went straight from momma/grandma to BD.

Yeah, arrested development for sure. And how can a 32 y/o woman be attracted to that? Was it a rebound thing? Midlife crisis (I theorized in a thread a while back).

The whole situation is really strange. What makes it most sad for me is what these poor kids went through. Like most kids, I'm sure they craved stability and it looks like BD was pretty adept at that for a while until SA entered the picture. Then, chaos, unfamiliarity, uncomfortable feelings, and most importantly not even being able to feel safe at home. So, so sad. It just breaks my heart. :(

watchful_eye
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Congrats recovering_lurker!!! Blessings for you, baby, and family!

KathrynL
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM

Congratulations! I think the quickest thing is to go to http://bigcountryhomepage.com/, and Patty G's youtube to see BDs appearances. http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, she has known him for 2 1/2 years, so he was REALLY young when they got together.

Tammie63
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Sad part about this is I am afraid that with what HD told her gma and the references to HD wanting to live with her father, SA more then likely had made advances towards Hailey if not was molesting her and she was threated by him harming her family. I am afriad she had matured and decided enough was enough and told him so and he forever silenced her.

Kamille
01-14-2011, 03:47 PM

Finally some good news today. Congratulations!!

sarx
01-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Kampfer does not have the authority to call him a suspect. Has LE called him a suspect?

Quiche
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Sad part about this is I am afraid that with what HD told her gma and the references to HD wanting to live with her father, SA more then likely had made advances towards Hailey if not was molesting her and she was threated by him harming her family. I am afriad she had matured and decided enough was enough and told him so and he forever silenced her.

This is, sadly, soooo possible. :furious:

belimom
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Has it been said what Shawn Adkins grandma's or moms name is?

and is it ok to post their past addresses if I get from free site?

I don't think you should - look at the first post of this thread and decide if it fits TOS or not. If you go to the parking lot, there's a SAR thread for Hailey... You can also click on Hollye's map - she has the addresses for SA's family members marked there.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=206712377457840198355.000498a54a49c9ef478db&ll=32.410328,-100.867453&spn=0.0642,0.104456&t=h&z=14

HTH!

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Authorities Searching Landfills for Evidence in Dunn Case

Law enforcement is now searching landfills across the Big Country, including one in Abilene, for any evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says many landfills in the vacinity of Colorado City have already been searched. Dean said searches of this nature are not uncommon in missing persons cases that may involve criminal activity.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331547

Texas Mist
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
sorry!!!!

No problem - y'all wouldn't have anyway to know once the MSM started in on the topic. :hug:

This is Tricia's decision so I'm just helping out.

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Sources in law enforcement now tell us they're focusing on a landfill in Abilene.

sarx
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
From what I can find, Team Adam and Team Hope have NOT been called in. Is anyone local here in contact with the family (Mom or Dad). This is their missing child, they are in charge (yes, they are), they need to tell LE to get these teams out. Please, someone who knows the family get this information to them. Go through LE first, give them a chance to do it, but if they don't, take it to the media, it will get done.

belimom
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM

Amandareckonwith has one:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Hailey%20Dunn%20%20-TX-/

watchful_eye
01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Can someone direct me to an article of some sort that has the grandmother saying Hailey wanted to live with her father??

thanks.

KMouse
I'm really starting to lean toward this theory. Most of SA's friends were young - way younger than him. Then he hooks up with an older woman (sugar mamma?) and moves in with her and her 2 kids. These 2 kids just happen to be in their teen years - just like his friends.

I tried and tried to search but came up empty handed. I cannot find where SA has ever lived on his own - in his own apartment or house. Looks like he went straight from momma/grandma to BD.

Yeah, arrested development for sure. And how can a 32 y/o woman be attracted to that? Was it a rebound thing? Midlife crisis (I theorized in a thread a while back).

The whole situation is really strange. What makes it most sad for me is what these poor kids went through. Like most kids, I'm sure they craved stability and it looks like BD was pretty adept at that for a while until SA entered the picture. Then, chaos, unfamiliarity, uncomfortable feelings, and most importantly not even being able to feel safe at home. So, so sad. It just breaks my heart. :(

I will bet the farm that SA was living with BD way earlier than she said on NG.
Maybe legally on paper he lived with his mama or g-ma but I would bet he has been sleeping over at BD's for a lot more than what she said.
They were "dating" for over two years....I will be the majority of that time he was living with her. Officially or unofficially.
Why is this important to me? Because I think BD chose to ignore and condone the types of things and friends SA had and chose to not only introduce him to her kids but moved him in, masks and all.

jessicat

Oh thats all, you were just having a baby;)

CONGRATULATIONS!:congrats:

jstwondering

I think your thoughts are very pertinent.

I see BD's attraction to a 25 year old man pointing to HER OWN arrested development. Kind of like those teachers that date their students. They want to appear cool with the young kids because they themselves are so immature that they don't fit in with people their own age. MOO.

On another point, though, I had to LOL, because the midlife crisis comment, although very valid from someone else's perspective if they are in their twenties, makes me feel VERY OLD. I guess in my late 40's makes me well past having a midlife crisis.

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Lil recap for RecoveringLurker and congrats on your new 1-11-11 baby!!!

Hailey Dunn was at home the night of 26 December playing the xbox when her brother left to spend the night with a friend

The next morning live in boyfriend of her mother SA left for work and her mother BD left for work. allegedly Hailey was still at home

SA however just drove to work, bought a doctor pepper out of the vending machine and left. He SAID he went to his momma's house but cell phone pings place him back at Hailey's home... than he has 2.5 hours of interrupted service???

SA claims that at 3:15 on the 27th He saw Hailey and she said she was going to walk across the lot to her Dad's house and than on to a friend's house to spend the night. Trouble is she never went to either place and none of those parties knew she was coming.

At 4pm on the 27th Hailey's brother came home to find the door locked. He knocked for 5 minutes and finally had to enter his own home thru the window where he found SA in the home with a "deer in the headlights" look

SA picked up BD from her 12 hour hospital shift as a ward clerk and they went to an atm in Snyder and made two cash w/d for a total of 140 dollars that BD told LE was to purchase illegal drugs in Scurry county.

BD allegedly goes to work the next day and at one pm calls her son to text Hailey's friend to tell her to come home... well... the friend had no clue of this or even that she was coming over. He calls mom back. BD leaves work and goes directly to the police station to file a missing person's report at 2 pm that day... the 28th.

there are over 12 different agencies on the case including the texas rangers. Search warrants have been served. LDTs have been given. BD and SA both failed their LDTs. Searches have been done to include dogs, grid searches, and volunteer searches.

SA is now called a suspect.

Hailey's Grandma has said that Hailey was scared of him and that he would stand and watch her...

SA has a scary past that you can read about in the parking lot

((this was just a nutshell but I hope it gets you started and congrats again!))

Hamsterdance
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
anyone care to give me an update of any major things that have happened in the last week? I've been away having a baby on 1.11.11. :) thanks in advance.

Congratulations!! :)

SurfieTX
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM

I see BD's attraction to a 25 year old man pointing to HER OWN arrested development. Kind of like those teachers that date their students. They want to appear cool with the young kids because they themselves are so immature that they don't fit in with people their own age. MOO.

On another point, though, I had to LOL, because the midlife crisis comment, although very valid from someone else's perspective if they are in their twenties, makes me feel VERY OLD. I guess in my late 40's makes me well past having a midlife crisis.

LOL! I'm in my 40s too. The reason I had said it as I did was based on a personal experience with a friend. She married and had 2 kids - first one at 17. By the time the kids were fairly self-sufficient and independent, she went on a "relive my teen/20s years" spell - partying it up, having an affair, etc., but this was in her mid-30s. So, kinda mid-life-ish crisis if you want to call it that...

TxLady2
01-14-2011, 04:04 PM

No, they don't. In a couple of west Tx towns I lived in, some neighborhoods had a community shelter or storm cellar, but they are not common in east Tx where I live now, and we get plenty of tornados.

MsFacetious
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
From what I can find, Team Adam and Team Hope have NOT been called in. Is anyone local here in contact with the family (Mom or Dad). This is their missing child, they are in charge (yes, they are), they need to tell LE to get these teams out. Please, someone who knows the family get this information to them. Go through LE first, give them a chance to do it, but if they don't, take it to the media, it will get done.

If TES has been told not to come in... and the media WAS involved in that... is there any reason it would be different with any others?

I know the family had been in contact with Klaas Kids as well and they said they might come in if TES didn't... or something like that.

Is there a reason that Team Adam and Team Hope would be preferable to Klaas Kids, or should they just go ahead and contact Klaas Kids again?

Kampfer does not have the authority to call his a suspect. Has LE called him a suspect?

Kampfer appears to have the authority to do whatever he wants... name a person of interest hours after Sparky says he isn't going to... tell us all about the bloodhounds...

I think it's a no brainer that he is a suspect. But I don't know that LE wanted it announced yet.

watchful_eye
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Billie looks and dresses WAY younger than she is. I was SHOCKED to read her birthdate as 1977 in the affidavit.

I have a feeling there are "arrested development" issues with both BD and Shawn. Billie dating a younger man, and looking younger, and Shawn going after an older woman---to GET TO her younger daughter. BLECH. Gross. Also, according to reports here on WS, based on his networking pages, he has much younger friends.

Also, if BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, this could imply that she did not want the responsibility of being a mother, and wanted to be a young, carefree teen again. Perhaps she had a rough upbringing that stiffled her adolescence.

All my opinion.

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Search authorities are using cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to search Abilene's landfill north of town Friday in its ongoing search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.
A number of search personnel could be seen moving about at the landfill via the KTXS tower camera, also located on the northern edge of Abilene.
Abilene Police confirmed that members of the Criminal Investigation Division are at the landfill, assisting in the search for Hailey Dunn.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTXS News that cadaver dogs for the TDCJ were being used.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26496786/detail.html

passionflower
01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
WHERE is TES?????

TxLady2
They're really common in the pan handle of Texas.

I lived between Lubbock and Amarillo for several years and never knew of any, except a few out in the country.

mahoneys07
Search authorities are using cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to search Abilene's landfill north of town Friday in its ongoing search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.
A number of search personnel could be seen moving about at the landfill via the KTXS tower camera, also located on the northern edge of Abilene.
Abilene Police confirmed that members of the Criminal Investigation Division are at the landfill, assisting in the search for Hailey Dunn.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTXS News that cadaver dogs for the TDCJ were being used.

*sigh* the prison dogs?

peeples
01-14-2011, 04:11 PM
*sigh* the prison dogs?

I"ll sigh with you!!!! Sarx is gonna faint!

passionflower
Is LEVI PAGE here?????
We need your expertise!

MsFacetious
I think I can hear SARX screaming from here... but at least they tell us where the dogs came from this time!

It's a big red breaking news banner on the front page....

Cadaver Dogs Searching Abilene Landfill For Hailey Dunn

http://www.ktxs.com/index.html

eileenhawkeye
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
It looks like BD got pregnant with Hailey at 19 and at 16/17 for Hailey's brother. If she never go to be a normal teenager/young adult because she was raising two children, perhaps dating a young guy like SA was her way of reliving the years she never got to experience.

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
The Colorado City Record has learned that cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded. Trash, picked up during the time that Hailey Dunn has been missing, was confirmed to have been dumped in that area by the trash service.

Investigators in the missing girl's case will begin an excavation of the site immediately.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/cadaver-dogs-lead-investigators-abilene-dump

MsFacetious
01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
SARX, how much credibility are we to give these dogs if they made a hit? In a landfill?

The Colorado City Record has learned that cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded. Trash, picked up during the time that Hailey Dunn has been missing, was confirmed to have been dumped in that area by the trash service.

Investigators in the missing girl's case will begin an excavation of the site immediately.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/cadaver-dogs-lead-investigators-abilene-dump

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I was afraid they were going to find her today..........prayers. NOT THAT IT SAYS THEY HAVE.

captdj
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Im behind another thread or two after catching up yesterday but just wanted to say:
Last night on NG when Billie said "Why didnt someone tell me this" referring to Hailey's fear of SA....

I dont understand that statement by her

How many little 13 year old girls who have been threaten by a 26 year old male with harm would not be afraid??? Why would BD need someone to tell her that?

Then to continue to allow this person in the home ...Billie is a grown up and can make that choice but to take that chance with her daughter is why we are where we are today.....
When Billie says that Hailey must be respectful to him even if she didnt like him...was this after the threaten incident or before or more recently?
If Hailey felt she needed to run away also she have plenty of family to go to I dont see her doing that even if SA was a factor for wanting to...

JMO

mechelle69
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM

czgtz, if you are still here, you probably need to go to Billie... just in case. And take my heart felt hug. I pray she doesn't need it.

mahoneys07
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I think I can hear SARX screaming from here... but at least they tell us where the dogs came from this time!

It's a big red breaking news banner on the front page....

Cadaver Dogs Searching Abilene Landfill For Hailey Dunn

http://www.ktxs.com/index.html

This lets us know where LE is ...They obviously believe she is dead :(

Gardenlady
01-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Oh no..... :(

LisaB

I used to think I was a GREAT judge of character. Then I brought a man into my life who molested my child for 2 years without me ever having a clue. She was 8 when it began and 10 when it ended. In 5th grade "sex education" they mentioned that it was illegal for an adult to have relations with a child. She mistakenly thought they were BOTH breaking the law, which may be why she kept it from me for another 5 years.

HOWEVER... The day she was told it was illegal, she went to him, told him what she had learned, and told him it had to stop. He stopped. Never touched her again, never threatened her. Just... stopped...

Of course, I beat myself up over this regularly although she is now 19. It definitely made her a different person than she would have been if it had not happened...

CN2Souls
:praying: for Hailey

Blue Ridge
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
OK color me confused....from other cases I am almost sure I saw that HRD dogs are not typically used in landfill searches because of stuff in normal garbage such as bloody bandages, feminine hygene products, diapers, etc, that they can hit on? In addition....that there is too much danger as far as them stepping on sharp metal objects, discarded needles, broken glass...?

vjlaw
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
In what county is this landfill?

TxLady2
01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Billie is 8 years older than Shawn... arrested development??? Now, if she was 15 or 20 years older, I might have an issue with that, but 8 yrs. is not such a big deal to me.
I'm 5 years older than my husband.
OTOH, I have a 25 y.o. son, I might have a fit if he came home with a 33 y.o. girlfriend.

mahoneys07
In what county is this landfill?

Taylor CO. I believe

quaggiquagga
Abilene would be Taylor County.

jstwondering
01-14-2011, 04:27 PM
LOL! I'm in my 40s too. The reason I had said it as I did was based on a personal experience with a friend. She married and had 2 kids - first one at 17. By the time the kids were fairly self-sufficient and independent, she went on a "relive my teen/20s years" spell - partying it up, having an affair, etc., but this was in her mid-30s. So, kinda mid-life-ish crisis if you want to call it that...

Whew! I guess I will cancel the appointment at the assisted living facility.
Thanks for the upbeat response. I guess midlife crisis is in the eye of the beholder.

x_files
01-14-2011, 04:28 PM
I used to think I was a GREAT judge of character. Then I brought a man into my life who molested my child for 2 years without me ever having a clue. She was 8 when it began and 10 when it ended. In 5th grade "sex education" they mentioned that it was illegal for an adult to have relations with a child. She mistakenly thought they were BOTH breaking the law, which may be why she kept it from me for another 5 years.

HOWEVER... The day she was told it was illegal, she went to him, told him what she had learned, and told him it had to stop. He stopped. Never touched her again, never threatened her. Just... stopped...

Of course, I beat myself up over this regularly although she is now 19. It definitely made her a different person than she would have been if it had not happened...

thank god. She was a very brave little girl. I am glad he left her alone.

belimom
01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
OK color me confused....from other cases I am almost sure I saw that HRD dogs are not typically used in landfill searches because of stuff in normal garbage such as bloody bandages, feminine hygene prods, etc, that they can hit on? In addition....that there is too much danger as far as them stepping on sharp metal objects, discarded needles, broken glass...?

They're trained to pick up fluids (chemical changes?) that are only released once someone dies. So they would ignore normal blood and other bodily fluids. I am NOT in any way, shape, or form qualified in this area, but this is my understanding. I'm sure someone who is a verified professional in that area can answer it better or correct me if I am wrong.

cluciano63
01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure I have much confidence in these dogs just yet...

strach304
SARX, how much credibility are we to give these dogs if they made a hit? In a landfill?

They're cadaver dogs, what else would they be hitting on in a landfill? These dogs are different than the bloodhounds used from the prison, those were scent dogs.

nursebeeme
Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer confirmed that cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice were searching the landfill.

"I know they are out there searching as a result of the investigation," he said.

Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect the scent of decomposing bodies

Peg Mulloy of Republic Services, the parent company of the Allied Waste Services landfill in north Abilene, confirmed that the Abilene Police Department had been given permission to search the landfill. The media is not allowed to go inside the landfill at this time.

Sgt. Craig Jordan, spokesman for the Abilene Police Department, also confirmed that the APD is conducting a search related to Dunn's disappearance, but it was not immediately clear how long officers had been at the scene or how many officers are searching.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

imawitch
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM

oh my stars...

my gut is in knot..

Ive been chanting/praying that Haliely would be found...'
but wow...I didnt expect this..

dogs hitting...

Ill see yall l8r, gotta pick my son up and im going to give him a big ol hug...thank my stars that i have him to hug

Soulmagent
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
It looks like BD got pregnant with Hailey at 19 and at 16/17 for Hailey's brother. If she never go to be a normal teenager/young adult because she was raising two children, perhaps dating a young guy like SA was her way of reliving the years she never got to experience.

I dont think the age is that big of a thing. I think if he was 33 and she was 25 it would be skimmed over.

Nor is the age gap great enough to be a signal as 25 year olds and 33 year old are not that different minded. Except he is not a normal 25 year old.

This relationship in my opinon is more of a predator type of guy. I wouldnt doubt if he really worked his way in with her and knocked her off balance on purpose. Really made her feel like he was mature and switched up on her and flopped again. Then enter the drugs.. I think he saw her as an easy victim. Then he groomed her.

He thinks he can do anything he wants to do.

belimom
01-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer confirmed that cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice were searching the landfill.

"I know they are out there searching as a result of the investigation," he said.

Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect the scent of decomposing bodies

Peg Mulloy of Republic Services, the parent company of the Allied Waste Services landfill in north Abilene, confirmed that the Abilene Police Department had been given permission to search the landfill. The media is not allowed to go inside the landfill at this time.

Sgt. Craig Jordan, spokesman for the Abilene Police Department, also confirmed that the APD is conducting a search related to Dunn's disappearance, but it was not immediately clear how long officers had been at the scene or how many officers are searching.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

(red by me)

The part I highlighted in red makes me think they believe there's something to this...

Amster

So...is he in prison? If not, why not?

hollye
For those interested in the location of the landfill, I put it on the map.

Prayers for Hailey!

MCDRAW
01-14-2011, 04:33 PM

I wonder how many think Demi Moore has an arrested developement?

fran
01-14-2011, 04:33 PM
This may be old news.

fran

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html

Hailey Dunn Case: New Document Shows What Was Seized From Vehicle

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Electric tape, evidence filters and debris on a sterile sheet were among the items seized from the trunk of Billie Jean Dunn's car last Friday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<,,more at link>>>>>>>>>>

cluciano63
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Did they have pings in Abilene I wonder?

cluciano63
I wonder how many think Demi Moore has an arrested developement?

I do. I think she is totally trying to stay eternally young.

winterrose

BD said on NG last night her and SA did withdraw the money at that time and she wouldn't talk about if it was illegal drugs bought with the money anymore.

KathrynL
(red by me)

The part I highlighted in red makes me think they believe there's something to this...

Good point. This development made me realize that one little corner of my soul still hoped that she ran away and didn't want to be found. Who could blame her? :(

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 04:35 PM
FM 3034 & Highway 277/83 N Abilene, TX 79601 - Google Maps

mahoneys07
(red by me)

Oh yeah...sounds like a direct tip ..and that they are POSITIVE that she is there.

I hope all who are responsible and I do mean ALL know that whats coming for them is not pretty!

belimom
For those interested in the location of the landfill, I put it on the map.

Prayers for Hailey!

I think we've got the answer to the approx. 6:56am- 9:48am (or whatever) gap in cell phone usage...

quaggiquagga
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM

It said this landfill was where trash from CCity had been taken so SA wouldn't have necessarily had to have gone to Abilene.

kantoo
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM

The Colorado City Record has learned that cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded

sorry if this has already been posted

alsmom
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
SA seems like a very immature 25 year old. I normally wouldn't have a problem with 25/33 no matter if the man or the woman was older. However, I think SA has a mental age of about 12 in some important areas.

mahoneys07
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
It said this landfill was where trash from CCity had been taken so SA wouldn't have necessarily had to have gone to Abilene.

which is why I asked when they normally come IIRC i was told they pick up twice a week and the schedule seems to change.?

TxLady2
01-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Im behind another thread or two after catching up yesterday but just wanted to say:
Last night on NG when Billie said "Why didnt someone tell me this" referring to Hailey's fear of SA....

I dont understand that statement by her

How many little 13 year old girls who have been threaten by a 26 year old male with harm would not be afraid??? Why would BD need someone to tell her that?

Then to continue to allow this person in the home ...Billie is a grown up and can make that choice but to take that chance with her daughter is why we are where we are today.....
When Billie says that Hailey must be respectful to him even if she didnt like him...was this after the threaten incident or before or more recently?
If Hailey felt she needed to run away also she have plenty of family to go to I dont see her doing that even if SA was a factor for wanting to...

JMO

Could be that Hailey didn't tell her mom WHY she was afraid... or Billie didn't believe her. Many moms don't, I'm sad to say. And there is always the remote possibility that teen girls will make up stuff to cause trouble. However, after reading and hearing everything the past few days, I don't believe this is the case here. I think Hailey was scared of him for good reason, and maybe she didn't feel like her mom would be sympathetic toward her... maybe her grandma was the only one she felt comfortable to talk to.
I can't say for certain that Billie knew or didn't know... none of us can, really, this is just our own beliefs.

Blue Ridge
01-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Not sure they need 'em....above article said this is where the trash from C-City was dumped :-( I would be personally surprised though to find her poor little body had been disposed of that way (as opposed to the woods, where his family apparently has tons of woods).
IMO JMO MOO

eileenhawkeye
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
If they do find Hailey, I have a feeling that SA left lots of evidence behind. I know he read a lot about true crime but I bet he was more focused on the actual killing part than the forensics.

imawitch
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Abilene would be Taylor County.

yes Taylor county..

I graduated high school in abilene..many moons ago...

Im trying to recall the landfills in the area, but its been so many moons so many yrs..

eta, ot, im still a cooper cougar fan!

i really got to get my son..see yall in lil while...

what ever happens, I hope they find Hailey ...

Mom_of_M&M
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Abilene is about an hour and a half away from Colorado City...is it normal for trash to be dumped in a landfill that far away?

crimejunkie
01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I missed ALL of yesterday (though did watch NG) and everything today up until now and I feel like I've missed a whole month of the case. Everything moves so fast!!! Anyone care to catch me up on anything new since yesterday? Or any important articles to read? I've tried catching up on the threads, but they move so fast that I just keep getting further and further behind!

Thanks ;)

bellyup

SARX !! Where are you ????
Prison dogs being skilled in HRD ? :waitasec::waitasec:

kantoo
yes Taylor county..

I graduated high school in abilene..many moons ago...

Im trying to recall the landfills in the area, but its been so many moons so many yrs..

eta, ot, im still a cooper cougar fan!

i really got to get my son..see yall in lil while...

what ever happens, I hope they find Hailey ...

The big landfill is just north of Abilene on 277, past the old Chit Chat Club

Go AHS Eagles!

sarx
Oh lordy.....

Ok, everyone take a deep breath. This can mean so many things or at can mean nothing at all.

Again, not all HRD dogs are created equal, and those that have been around for awhile know that you have seen where it comes out later that they "could have hit on a band-aid or a tampon" (though they SHOULD NOT BE TRAINING THIS WAY, SOME DO).

So, we don't know. We don't know if these dogs have the training that separates them from this category.

They could be good and hit on all kinds of evidence and it not be her body.

They could be good and it could be her body.

They could be good and have made a mistake and it could be nothing.

Heck, they could be good and have found evidence of someone totally different. She's not the only missing person out there.

Landfills are awful to work in.

MCDRAW
01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Could be that Hailey didn't tell her mom WHY she was afraid... or Billie didn't believe her. Many moms don't, I'm sad to say. And there is always the remote possibility that teen girls will make up stuff to cause trouble. However, after reading and hearing everything the past few days, I don't believe this is the case here. I think Hailey was scared of him for good reason, and maybe she didn't feel like her mom would be sympathetic toward her... maybe her grandma was the only one she felt comfortable to talk to.
I can't say for certain that Billie knew or didn't know... none of us can, really, this is just our own beliefs.

Myabe the Grandma questioned her. I know when my mom remarried my Grandma did.

alwaysonmymind

Kids can tell when a parent has chosen a lover over them. Telling them anything negative about the chosen one causes more problems for the child.
They learn this and stop saying anything.

I speak from experience.

captdj

Did the car appear to have been cleaned??

MsFacetious
I can't see him putting her in the garbage for a variety of reasons.

Anything is possible but that would surprise me.

imawitch
01-14-2011, 04:45 PM

Go AHS Eagles!

Eagles eh? lol

your bringing back memories for me!

ok, i really gotta go, pick my son up..

my prayers are with Hailey...

Texas Mist
bumping this post

Thanks so much!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125252)

This is a work in process - please be patient! :hug:

ETA: this includes pics which originally came from social networking sites

Kat
I just popped on and these threads are moving so fast.

I saw an article just now that says Mom's BF is person of interest.

That's what I thought too when I was watching NG and NG told Mom that her BF had said this 13 yr old baby was promiscious.

When will these Moms realize that not every man that they bring into their home is only interested in them? That sometimes they are the means to the end?

Peeves me I'm sorry. (yes I know more men than not can be trusted, but if you're a single Mom with children---you gotta have your guard up big time IMHO).

JMHO.

Hopefully they will find her soon and bring her home.

sarx
No prison dogs are hardly ever skilled in HRD, does it say that somewhere or are stories getting confused? I thought they came from the DOJ CIU?

Sorry for being gone, actually trying to remember to eat! I leave for 30 minutes and all he*L breaks loose, lol.

Quiche
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
I wonder if his work dumpster ended up at the Abilene landfill. Might explain that brief show at work. :waitasec:

KMouse
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
I can't see him putting her in the garbage for a variety of reasons.

Anything is possible but that would surprise me.

I agree since he/they was an avid true crime fan.
I would think a body of water somewhere.

justbeachy
01-14-2011, 04:47 PM

I think it's time for me to take a break. My first thought when I read your post was, "What do PIGS have to do with anything?!?!" :doh:

I need caffeine. And possibly reading glasses.

sarx
01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
OK< someone posted somewhere a few threads back about getting Team Adam in vs. Klass or TES.

There is a big difference, yes. Team Adam is connected to the FBI. They have WAY more resources. Team Hope is part of NCMEC.

Please please fight to get them in. It's going to make a difference, Team Adam is LE, TES and Klass is not, this will make a difference if LE is pushing back.

bellyup
01-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Amster
01-14-2011, 04:50 PM
From what Billie said, Hailey was free to dislike SA, but she had to show respect towards him. No wonder Hailey wanted away from that situation. I suppose if SA abused her, Hailey was allowed to dislike it and him, but thank him for...oh, I don't know...not killing her?? :furious:

2gs1grl
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I wonder if his work dumpster ended up at the Abilene landfill. Might explain that brief show at work. :waitasec:

I have been wondering the same thing. I am sure many of these smaller towns use that landfill.

Kat
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
From what Billie said, Hailey was free to dislike SA, but she had to show respect towards him. No wonder Hailey wanted away from that situation. I suppose if SA abused her, Hailey was allowed to dislike it and him, but thank him for...oh, I don't know...not killing her?? :furious:

Amster, instead of clogging up the thread with a question about Mom, I'm going to ask you my friend.

How old is Mom? TIA.

belimom
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM

Go AHS Eagles!

Does this clarify anything for you locals -- Allied Waste vs Abilene Landfill?

bbm

Earlier today, bigcountryhomepage.com spoke with someone at Abilene Environmental Landfill who said law enforcement contacted them and determined a search of their facility wasn't applicable. The person we spoke with said he believed a search was happening at Allied Waste.

cluciano63
01-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Do we know if this would be same landfill for SA's job?

TxLady2
01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Myabe the Grandma questioned her. I know when my mom remarried my Grandma did.

If you mean questioned Hailey, yes I agree!!
I'm just curious why the grandma didn't speak to Billie about it... she never said on NG last night that she did, only that she talked to Clint. And Billie said SA never threatened Hailey.. just her. Still... I'm just wondering why Billie didn't take that seriously. If a boyfriend is capable of hurting you, he will hurt your kids or anybody. She should have booted him out the door!!
Believe me, if a guy even threatened my dog, I would have sent him sailing through the air PDQ... much less my child!

Oriah
01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
If TES has been told not to come in... and the media WAS involved in that... is there any reason it would be different with any others?

I know the family had been in contact with Klaas Kids as well and they said they might come in if TES didn't... or something like that.

Is there a reason that Team Adam and Team Hope would be preferable to Klaas Kids, or should they just go ahead and contact Klaas Kids again?

Kampfer appears to have the authority to do whatever he wants... name a person of interest hours after Sparky says he isn't going to... tell us all about the bloodhounds...

I think it's a no brainer that he is a suspect. But I don't know that LE wanted it announced yet.

Please see in the posts in the parking lot (they're mine, and may be a bit vague, I suppose) as to why Team Adam and Team Hope may be useful in addition to Klass Kids, TES, or any other professional organizations re: missing children/persons. All have different requirements and specialize in different situations- and all should be able to coordinate together to discern what needs are being met vs. what needs they can fill in the situation.

The important thing is to make sure that local LE has contacted all available resources that may be able to help bring Hailey home.

MorenoI
01-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Gosh, I'm so behind in my reading i'm on #16. Please slow down on the writing, I actually fell asleep while reading last night...lol I hope they are closer to finding Hailey!!!

Oriah
01-14-2011, 04:57 PM
SARX !! Where are you ????
Prison dogs being skilled in HRD ? :waitasec::waitasec:

These, I believe, are diffferent dogs. But I have no confirmation on that as of right now.

Oriah
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
No prison dogs are hardly ever skilled in HRD, does it say that somewhere or are stories getting confused? I thought they came from the DOJ CIU?

Sorry for being gone, actually trying to remember to eat! I leave for 30 minutes and all he*L breaks loose, lol.

I understand that these are different dogs than the 'prison' dogs initially brought in. Please note the post in the PL where I mentioned :
www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch)

angela
01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Kids can tell when a parent has chosen a lover over them. Telling them anything negative about the chosen one causes more problems for the child.
They learn this and stop saying anything.

I speak from experience.
I experienced the same thing growing up and I am still bitter about it to this day. It is heartbreaking. I have vowed to NEVER do that to my daughter. If that means being alone until she is grown, then so be it.

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
SA seems like a very immature 25 year old. I normally wouldn't have a problem with 25/33 no matter if the man or the woman was older. However, I think SA has a mental age of about 12 in some important areas.

I don't think age has anything to do with being twisted. As the mom of a NORMAL, now 13 year old...I am a tad offended. ( not really :))

maconrich
01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
UPDATE 2:50 p.m.: A Texas Department of Criminal Justice suburban with the letters “K9” in the back window just left the Abilene landfill where investigators are conducting a search related to the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

angela
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I missed why they are at the landfill. Did someone talk?

Robyn623
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
I'd like to know if LE is still there & if they are still keeping people out of the landfill.

AuburnPoet
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
I experienced the same thing growing up and I am still bitter about it to this day. It is heartbreaking. I have vowed to NEVER do that to my daughter. If that means being alone until she is grown, then so be it.

I think many of us have. Maybe that is REALLY why I don't have kids. I don't know. But I do know If she were being molested by mom's new squeeze then I can tell you just by how BD has shown herself to be: she would've blamed Hailey or just not believed her. That is IF Hailey would've said something. Experience is usually the child is too frightened or brainwashed to not tell.

BTW can't believe it has taken this long to search the landfill. But is the landfill only accessible by employees or the public. Ours can be accessed by the public. We can take trash on certain days or maybe everyday... I haven't been in several years. I just wondered if it was public access.

sarx
01-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey Mods, whats the chance of Hailey having her own thread? It would been nice to have a working timeline to glance at and a permanent place for pics, news links, maps etc.
THANKS in advance.... pls consider

No, not necessarily. Landfills are generally on the top of the list. Actually I'm kind of surprised it took this long.

2gs1grl
01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Is the K9 unit from an Abilene area prison?

Kat
01-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't think age has anything to do with being twisted. As the mom of a NORMAL, now 13 year old...I am a tad offended. ( not really :))

Just following this convo Linda and responding to what you responded to as well...

IMHO emotional maturity or lack thereof in other parts of a man's life (or woman if we were discussing a woman) isn't a factor when someone is a sexual deviant. A grown (wo)man that is sexually attracted to 13 yr olds qualifies as a sexual deviant IMHO.

The deviancy can be exclusive to any other aspect of that person's life.

Most of the time we never know we are staring satan dead in the eyes. Those of that have realized it carry a lot of scars.

JMHO.

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I think it's time for me to take a break. My first thought when I read your post was, "What do PIGS have to do with anything?!?!" :doh:

I need caffeine. And possibly reading glasses.

groan...IIRC I looked at some of the things that Billie downloaded. One was about someone that fed bodies to pigs. Apparently, they eat everything and anything....shivver:sick: I made myself sick.

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM

cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded. Trash, picked up during the time that Hailey Dunn has been missing, was confirmed to have been dumped in that area by the trash service.

belimom
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26496561/detail.html
Adkins, who is living with his grandmother in the community of Dunn, 12 miles north of Colorado City, is under 24-hour surveillance.

I am so afraid that as they start to focus on him more and more, he will take his own life...

Kat
01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
groan...IIRC I looked at some of the things that Billie downloaded. One was about someone that fed bodies to pigs. Apparently, they eat everything and anything....shivver:sick: I made myself sick.

Made me think of that one serial killer that did that.

I am curious, was there a list of what was reading material that was found? Don't worry and fuss with links, I'm too far behind to be caught up at this point.

JMHO.

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm just curious why the grandma didn't speak to Billie about it... she never said on NG last night that she did, only that she talked to Clint. And Billie said SA never threatened Hailey.. just her. Still... I'm just wondering why Billie didn't take that seriously. If a boyfriend is capable of hurting you, he will hurt your kids or anybody. She should have booted him out the door!!
Believe me, if a guy even threatened my dog, I would have sent him sailing through the air PDQ... much less my child!

Ditto for me! I was once engaged to a guy that told me, "either the dog goes or I go". My reply, "I'll help you pack"

nursebeeme
01-14-2011, 05:14 PM

Debbie3223
01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I dont plan on another male romance in my life.. with my little girl being Down syndrome..UGH.. look what happenes to regular kids much less ones who cant talk or fend for them selves..:(

I BELIVE GOD WANTS ME TO BE RICH IN STEAD.. so lottery here i come :) haha

SmoothOperator
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM

My opinion is that she most likely left work early{with her work history i.e. revoked license}I'd say she'd probably NOT be in the running for "Employee of the Year"..so could easily see her cutting outta work half hour to 45mins early{especially if her "knight in shining armor" were urging her to do so}, as with the day he'd had{IMO most likely murdering little Hailey}I'd say he was probably jones-ing for his drugs...

It would be something easily verifiable by LE{ATM cameras}.. and with the affidavit reading that it was BOTH, along with BD on NG saying "she" and "we" when speaking of the ATM withdrawals.. ALL that combined leads me to believe that it was both SA and BD at the ATM making the 2 withdrawals..jmo, tho:)

LisaB
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB

So...is he in prison? If not, why not?

He was sentenced to 60 years and they suspended 45.

SuziQ
01-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Abilene is about an hour and a half away from Colorado City...is it normal for trash to be dumped in a landfill that far away?

Yes. Some garbage in many places are even hauled a state or two away.

Linda7NJ
UPDATE 2:50 p.m.: A Texas Department of Criminal Justice suburban with the letters “K9” in the back window just left the Abilene landfill where investigators are conducting a search related to the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

hmmmmm

nursebeeme
No, not necessarily. Landfills are generally on the top of the list. Actually I'm kind of surprised it took this long.

it was reported ((sorry don't have the link handy sarx)) that the area landfills had been searched early on

but it is strange that if they knew some trash from CC came here that they didn't check it out at the same time.

do you think they may be focused on a specific dumpster that went there?? as there are numerous other landfills right around CC....

kantoo

Colorado City and Snyder landfills have already been searched

quaggiquagga
01-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I am so afraid that as they start to focus on him more and more, he will take his own life...

I've thought this too and when it comes down to him getting desprate I could see him taking the lives of others before he takes his own. It's a scary thought.

strach304
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM

I am curious, was there a list of what was reading material that was found? Don't worry and fuss with links, I'm too far behind to be caught up at this point.

JMHO.

That is the case she was reading about. There was a list in the affidavits.

angela
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
I dont plan on another male romance in my life.. with my little girl being Down syndrome..UGH.. look what happenes to regular kids much less ones who cant talk or fend for them selves..:(

I like how you think!
I should say that there is nothing wrong with single parents dating. Many, many do. It is just not in the cards for me at this point but if it ever is, the relationship between he and my daughter would be crucial. My issue is with the single parents who place the boyfriend/girlfriend above the child.

Linda7NJ

JMHO.

yes, there is a list. thanks for not making me find the link:)

trigger

They did search another landfill from what I remember.

captdj

:eek::eek::eek:

strach304
01-14-2011, 05:21 PM

No, Dept. of Justice. These are cadaver dogs not trailing dogs.

fhc

What bothers me is that there are wild boar and feral hogs all over TX

peeples
A local said that just recently their trash stuff has been changed and they had to pay a private company to dump their cans, and haul the trash away and that it's now taken far away!!

Maybe red cat, stray cat.. not sure.. sorry wish i could remember....

AuburnPoet
He was sentenced to 60 years and they suspended 45.

THe injustice of it all. I bet it was some MAN doing the sentencing. Men don't get the damage that molestation does to a child. They think hey it is just sex what is the big deal. I think that is why sex crimes are not treated harshly enough. Men don't consider them harsh crimes or lifelong crimes.

Yet it colours every thing they think, say and do. And how they respond to everyone, every second of every day. How can that not be a harsh/lifelong crime when they are victims for life?

I don't understand the injustice of it.

tabacue

BBM
Since it was Clint's mother, she may not have had the type of relationship with BD to bring it up...maybe thought dad would handle it. My ex-MIL and I don't have the best relationship...if my son confided some things in her (SERIOUS things), I hope she would come to me, but I don't know that she would. She would probably mention it to my ex and he would bring it up.

Family dynamics is probably what would keep g-ma from going to BD.

Linda7NJ

IMO If he is a psychopath he won't. (I think he is)

sarx
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Prisons and their employees work for TDCJ or the Texas Department of Justice. I am NOT saying AT ALL that the prison dogs are out there, but we cannot assume that they are not either. We just don't know. Simply saying they are DOJ dogs doesn't really narrow it down much KWIM?

alwaysonmymind
01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Just following this convo Linda and responding to what you responded to as well...

IMHO emotional maturity or lack thereof in other parts of a man's life (or woman if we were discussing a woman) isn't a factor when someone is a sexual deviant. A grown (wo)man that is sexually attracted to 13 yr olds qualifies as a sexual deviant IMHO.

The deviancy can be exclusive to any other aspect of that person's life.

Most of the time we never know we are staring satan dead in the eyes. Those of that have realized it carry a lot of scars.

JMHO.

This is so true.

Sometimes what's behind the mask is more horrendous than we can imagine.

Texas Mist
01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
If a post is related to a FB rumor, it will get moved to the PL - so look there if you don't see it.

If there's a post in the PL that posters here may want to read, just put a link to that post - don't bring posts from downstairs to here.

Here's the PL thread to which I am referring

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks!

curiousc
01-14-2011, 05:26 PM

I think he is also getting kick out of all of the news articles and searches.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331267

"Shawn's across the street watching us," said volunteer searcher Holly Jenkins. "I just have this motherly intuition."

I've also seen a comment from a searcher elsewhere saying that Shawn was watching them when they were searching around his grandma's house.

kantoo
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
FBI and APD are at the search per the Reporter News. Surely they would know to use cadaver dogs....???

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 05:28 PM
THe injustice of it all. I bet it was some MAN doing the sentencing. Men don't get the damage that molestation does to a child. They think hey it is just sex what is the big deal. I think that is why sex crimes are not treated harshly enough. Men don't consider them harsh crimes or lifelong crimes.

Yet it colours every thing they think, say and do. And how they respond to everyone, every second of every day. How can that not be a harsh/lifelong crime when they are victims for life?

There are plenty of men that were victims of childhood sexual abuse. Almost as many as women

AuburnPoet
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
WOW, AuburnPoet! This is an awesome LOVE STORY! Thanks for sharing :)
Just goes to show when True Love is at work age is meaningless..

ETA~shouldn't have to add this but of course this is speaking of legitimate, appropriate circumstances such as AuburnPoet's Grandmother..NOT DELUSIONAL pedophilic situations that are in NO WAY appropriate..
just to clarify:)

Thank you and I should have clarified that OF COURSE legitimately LOVE relationships not these perverted, sick, twisted, DELUSIONAL ones! I just wanted to point out some relationships with significant age differences can and DO work out! Not all are SICK. I worried that the tone was not going to give them a chance and I wanted to give them voice.

BACK ON TRACK:"
SO they DID search landfills. Well I feel better about that..so much of this case was "mis-handled" from the start. I just wish She would be found and with enough evidence to prove what happened/where/when/why/how. IF she cannot speak for herself.

COME HOME HAILEY!

brownies
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM

I would imagine if Clint or his mom tried to talk to Billie about this, she probably thought they were just angry about her having a man-boy move in with her and the kids. I would also like to take a moment to say: people who smoke pot DO have memory issues. Therefore, there are things she may not recall. This article I am posting is from the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Quote from that site:
"The highest density of cannabinoid receptors are found in parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thinking, concentrating, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement."

http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html

alwaysonmymind
01-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Just a thought-

Some of the prisons in Texas have dog training programs. Companion, SAR etc.

Sanddollar14
01-14-2011, 05:33 PM

WOW!!! Would explain the quick trip to work.

tracyf1008
01-14-2011, 05:34 PM
FBI and APD are at the search per the Reporter News. Surely they would know to use cadaver dogs....???

hmmm FBI at the search.. that is a bad sign. they don't waste their time.

FWIW, I do hope someone is with BD right now. I am saying this as being neutral as how I feel about her involvement.

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 05:35 PM

FWIW, I do hope someone is with BD right now. I am saying this as being neutral as how I feel about her involvement.

<mod snip> read here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125252&page=16

Allison907
01-14-2011, 05:36 PM
You all are seasoned sleuthers. Very impressed at the way you all think and pick up on the slightest thing which is huge. So, kudos people! - JMO

My question is ... if you could ask SA and/or BD any ONE question, what would it be? - TIA

brownies
01-14-2011, 05:36 PM

I thought this very same thing today, and almost posted it. I was thinking I wish they could arrest him on something before he did something like that.

MsFacetious
01-14-2011, 05:37 PM
My almost 8 year old daughter also has the extra chromosome. :seeya:

I have always said that the ONLY way I would marry anyone, is if they had a child, sibling or other close relative with Down syndrome as well. There ARE people who adore my child and treat her wonderfully because they have a sibling with Down syndrome. But I wouldn't marry someone that had to "get used to her." Fortunately I don't have to worry about dating... but I did have a plan all ready. :innocent:

It is so important for parents to listen to their kids especially when they are around new people.

Billie is definitely not the first parent to make this mistake and she will not be the last. I just hope by some miracle it hasn't cost Hailey her life. Though I am not optimistic. :(

Maybe it will be a wake up to call to others in the area though?

tehcloser
01-14-2011, 05:37 PM
You all are seasoned sleuthers. Very impressed at the way you all think and pick up on the slightest thing which is huge. So, kudos people! - JMO

My question is ... if you could ask SA and/or BD any ONE question, what would it be? - TIA

Where's Hailey?

StrayKat
01-14-2011, 05:38 PM
yes, there is a list. thanks for not making me find the link:)

This may have been posted already... Sorry, I am slower to respond today.

The SEARCH WARRANTS:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/hailey_dunn_arrest_affidavits_missing_teen/?partner=yahoo_feeds

As for Abilene Landfill... I am thinking (not to good at that mind you) that with the holidays and the garbage being so immense that some was trucked to Abilene instead of Snyder.

IMHO

tracyf1008
01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
<mod snip>, read here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125252&page=16

Thank you.. it would be interesting to observe her behavior at this point. KWIM?

AuburnPoet
01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Where's Hailey?

BD:
WHAT were you thinking? (Regarding the relationship with SA?)

SilkySifaka
01-14-2011, 05:42 PM

That was the Picton Pig farmer case, missing women in the red light district of Vancouver. The worst part wasn't that he did that, it was afterwards when the community found out because he would sell the pork or give sausages etc. to community bbq's.

Thank god he was found guilty. I don't think that story has anything to do with this one, i followed it pretty closely and actually do have crime library printouts (i often want to read in bed) and now the book on the case. I was surprised that it didn't get much attention on forums because it was a fascinating case.

Oddly because of that case i believe BD was interested in true crime. It was a pretty esoteric one, especially since it happened in Canada

belimom
WOW!!! Would explain the quick trip to work.

I don't believe that he would dispose of a body in the parking lot of work while his boss and coworkers were inside, probably many of them arriving for work at that time of the morning as well. MOO

alsmom

True dat. To clarify, I was talking about some of the stuff he found amusing. That twisted crap was just weird. Just creepy-mccreeper-esque.

Kat
THe injustice of it all. I bet it was some MAN doing the sentencing. Men don't get the damage that molestation does to a child. They think hey it is just sex what is the big deal. I think that is why sex crimes are not treated harshly enough. Men don't consider them harsh crimes or lifelong crimes. Yet it colours every thing they think, say and do. And how they respond to everyone, every second of every day. How can that not be a harsh/lifelong crime when they are victims for life?

Respectfully bolded by me.

I have to disagree with all that I bolded.

I can't even address it either. Except to say that any man reading this forum at this point in time is quite possibly going to be insulted by sweeping generalizations about gender attitude towards sex crimes.

As an aside, women are just as capable as men in commiting sex crimes against minors.

Sandra Cantu.

I'm curious to hear what Sarx thinks about the dogs being used. There was a discussion on another thread about the prevelance of human body decomp being found in large dumps.

all of the above JMHO.

disappear
I am an Abilene local and I was shocked to read the headline right now. I have had this sinking feeling all along that HD was gone, but just like the CA case...seeing it all come to a head makes me desperately sad. Prayers going up. I just hope and pray that if she is indeed deceased that her death was quick and painless.

belimom
01-14-2011, 05:43 PM

My question to them: What did you do from 9:00pm, 12/26 to 5:30am, 12/27? Everything.
And: What did you do Monday evening?
And: What did Shawn do Tuesday morning?

sarx

Quite the opposite, IMO. FBI at the search is a good sign. It means they are actively working the case. It by no means gives any indication as to what may or may not be at the landfill.

Allusonz

slightly confused as to why you would ask that of us? i find that to be a very strange question

we are on thread 22 look back at all the questions we have been asking ourselves

jstwondering
01-14-2011, 05:45 PM
That is usually the case, however that Craig's List killer was a psychopath (IMO) and he killed himself. (At least it looked like suicide...)

sarx
01-14-2011, 05:45 PM
OK, just gonna say it.... (for those of you who were taking bets, pay up)

They are HRD DOGS (HUMAN REMAINS DETECTION DOGS)

Not Cadaver......

bdawk20
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
That was the Picton Pig farmer case, missing women in the red light district of Vancouver. The worst part wasn't that he did that, it was afterwards when the community found out because he would sell the pork or give sausages etc. to community bbq's.

Thank god he was found guilty. I don't think that story has anything to do with this one, i followed it pretty closely and actually do have crime library printouts (i often want to read in bed) and now the book on the case. I was surprised that it didn't get much attention on forums because it was a fascinating case.

Oddly because of that case i believe BD was interested in true crime. It was a pretty esoteric one, especially since it happened in Canada

I agree with you....the Pickton case is the reason I believe BD was interested in true crime too. I read the story on that case several months ago after hearing about it somewhere because of my own interest in such cases.

belimom
01-14-2011, 05:47 PM

Not Cadaver......

No offense, Sarx... but I think cadaver dogs is a widely-used 'layman's' term that makes communication easier among us non-professionals than 'HRD'... Just sayin'... :)

http://cadaverdog.com/
http://www.illinoissearchdogs.org/capabilities/cadaver_dogs.shtml

http://www.csst.org/
ETA: I did find this site which made it clearer to me that HRD dogs have NEVER been trained to search for a live person, while cadaver dogs have been cross-trained? However, I have a hard time with acronyms... so please understand if I just say 'cadaver' dog. Thanks. :)

disappear
01-14-2011, 05:47 PM

Not Cadaver......

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question...but what is the difference between the two? Would you mind explaining, please? TIA.

Linda7NJ
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Where did you put Hailey?

StrayKat
01-14-2011, 05:49 PM

I have 2 that come to mind... either one would mayby suffice?

1) Who might the other "persons of interest" be?

...investigators are looking at several persons of interest, including Shawn Adkins.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/new-evidence-sheds-light-dunn-case

2) "Do you have any idea who the other individual is that was given the lie detector test... and failed?"

IMHO

truckengirl
01-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I am on the fence with the mom, I just feel like she knows something. She keeps repeating, "Hailey is not in her home" which to me is a weird statement to be making. It just the way she words that that is not right in some way.

strach304
01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
No offense, Sarx... but I think cadaver dogs is a widely-used 'layman's' term that makes communication easier among us non-professionals that 'HRD'... Just sayin'... :)

http://cadaverdog.com/
http://www.illinoissearchdogs.org/capabilities/cadaver_dogs.shtml

What's the difference in human remains and cadaver as it relates to dogs finding a dead body?

redcat
01-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Video of landfill search....

Wagara
01-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Where is Hailey?