PDA

View Full Version : Thread For Food Donations and Search Volunteer Info for Hailey Dunn Thursday Search

Tricia
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
THURSDAY FOOD FOR THE SEARCHERS IS HANDLED. WE NEED HELP FOR FRIDAY'S SEARCH. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO HELP OUT

B]
THIS THREAD IS WHERE WE WILL LIST WHAT WE ARE DONATING/ORDERING FOR THE KLAASKIDS SEARCH TEAM LOOKING FOR HAILEY DUNN[/B].

We are ordering Pizzas for the search team starting on Thursday January
20th.

Call Pizza Hut 325 728-5282 and tell them you want the pizzas delivered to the Civic Center. We are shooting for 10-15 Pizzas for Thursday and Friday. More on the weekend.

FLAGGING TAPE IS TAKEN CARE OF!! WAY TO GO!

If you are a local and can help with the search please report to the Civic Center.

The address of the Civic Center is
157 West 2nd Street
Colorado City, TX 79512-6304
(325) 728-2072

If you have other donations or questions that just can't be answered by anyone else other than Brad Dennis, leader of the KlaasKids Search Team then call Brad at 850-525-4807

Tricia
01-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I will start this off:

3 Pizzas from Websleuths for Thursday January 20th. I'll order first thing when they open up for tomorrow.

Keep adding to this thread with what you will donate. Myself or one of the mods will keep track of the number of Pizza's ordered so we don't over do it.

peeples
01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
I'd be more than happy to order some off amazon and have it delivered, does the civic center have an address?
Also what kind of tape, electrical comes in all colors, painters, i think you can get pretty colored duct tape now too.

Thanks!!!!!

Linda7NJ
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Put me own for 2

peeples
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
pizza hut

Call Pizza Hut 325 728-5282

Tricia
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd be more than happy to order some off amazon and have it delivered, does the civic center have an address?
Also what kind of tape, electrical comes in all colors, painters, i think you can get pretty colored duct tape now too.

Thanks!!!!!

Here is the problem. Can you get it there in time for the searchers. I know they are searching on Saturday but any later I don't know.

157 West 2nd Street
(325) 728-2072

The tape is called, "Surveyors Tape" or "Flagging Tape".

Thanks peeples

Tricia
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Put me own for 2

OK Linda7 NJ then we can count on you to order two pizzas tomorrow at Pizza Hut and have them delivered to the Civic Center correct?
325 728-5282

IF so we are up to 5 for tomorrow (Thursday.)

peeples
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
If i order after i pick up the kids (I have amazon prime) i should be able to get it to them in 24-28 hours!

Thanks!

Linda7NJ
01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Yep I'll call Pizza Hut and have them delivered...I just need a time to call.....and a requested time for their arrival.... remember I'm in NJ;)

Aya
01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Does C-city have Lowe's or Home depot?

Maybe something could be set-up so we can make phone orders for flagging tape?

Tricia
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Does C-city have Lowe's or Home depot?

Maybe something could be set-up so we can make phone orders for flagging tape?

If they do I don't know it. Could you do some searching and see what the closest store like this would be? Thanks

Tricia
01-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Yep I'll call Pizza Hut and have them delivered...I just need a time to call.....and a requested time for their arrival.... remember I'm in NJ;)

A good time to call would be 10:00 am Texas time which is 11:00 AM your time I believe.

SurfieTX
01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Should we specify what kind of toppings we are ordering? I'd hate for them to just get all pepperoni or cheese. Or am I being too "foodie" about this? ;)

Texas is CST (Central).

Tricia
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Should we specify what kind of toppings we are ordering? I'd hate for them to just get all pepperoni or cheese. Or am I being too "foodie" about this? ;)

Texas is CST (Central).

LOL. No you are not being too "foodie" about this. People are picky eaters.

Feel free to get creative. I'm sure they will appreciate it. Just please remember to post here how many pizzas you are going to order and for what day.

Aya
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Lowe's is 68 miles away...and I do not see any Home depot. :(

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Abilene and San Angelo are the closest Lowes and Home Depot Stores.

There is an Ace Hardware in both CC and Sweetwater:

288 W 2nd St
Colorado City, TX 79512

1210 E Broadway St
Sweetwater, TX 79556

darlin gal
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Ace Hardware has a branch in CCity

288 W 2nd St
Colorado City, Texas 79512

Phone: (325)728-2648

Aya
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Ugh the only flagging tape I see on Ace hardware page is the yellow caution tape, so I guess they do not carry what we are looking for :(

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Could any of the locals call one of the local power companies? Sometimes they use colored tape to mark certain trees for removal and/or branches that need to be trimmed. The city parks department might also have some available.

Tricia
01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
OK, I Have to run pick up my son but will check back in around 3:30 PM Mountain time.

In the meantime what we are going to have to do as far as the food goes is divide it up by days and merchants.

On Friday we are going to have a different merchant to call other than Pizza Hut. Saturday and Sunday different ones too.

In the meantime lets focus on tomorrow.

If you can order a large Pizza from Pizza Hut tomorrow (Thursday) 10:00 AM central time please call Call Pizza Hut 325 728-5282

WE NEED AT LEAST 5 MORE PIZZAS IF NOT MORE.

Please post here if you can help out with food for the searchers tomorrow.

THANK YOU.

TakeNote
01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
just a suggestion but could there be a paypal account set up to get funds to KK for someone there to go and pick up the tape at the nearest homeDepot? or other hardware store?

KaylynnCouture
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Tricia, I know you said 10am for the pizzas but Pizza Hut doesn't open/take orders 'til 11am...

I just wanted to let you know so you could adjust the times or try to call Pizza Hut and have them make a special circumstance to allow 10am orders.

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.mystore411.com/store/view/559423/Ace-Hardware-Colorado-City

there is an ace hardware in CC... not sure if they sell flagging tape... I am working on it...

((walmart only carries it in orange and pink!... I just checked...))

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
question: can we call and pre order the pizza's to be delivered at a certain time tomorrow?

Anadarko
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
30 rolls of blue flagging tape will be delivered, by UPS, to the Civic Center tomorrow.

Aya
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.mystore411.com/store/view/559423/Ace-Hardware-Colorado-City

there is an ace hardware in CC... not sure if they sell flagging tape... I am working on it...

((walmart only carries it in orange and pink!... I just checked...))

I looked online and only saw the yellow caution tape. I did not call them though.

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
30 rolls of blue flagging tape will be delivered, by UPS, to the Civic Center tomorrow.

You rock! :rocker:

Aya
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Giving up on the flagging tape for now.

Put me down for 2 pizza's.

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Okay... put me down for two pizza's as well.

I just spoke to the manager, James, to give him a heads up about the orders tomorrow so he could be prepared. He said we can call any time between 9:30 and 10:00 and ask for Frank. He will let Frank know to expect our calls. He appreciated the advance notice.

Tricia... hope this is okay.

sarx
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Thank you so much for doing this. It is so nice to see someone just take care of things. Awesomeness!

Oriah
01-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Here is the problem. Can you get it there in time for the searchers. I know they are searching on Saturday but any later I don't know.

157 West 2nd Street
(325) 728-2072

The tape is called, "Surveyors Tape" or "Flagging Tape".

Thanks peeples

If flagging tape is needed asap, we can get it there by the 20th at noon.
Thanks to ALL who have stepped up to the plate here, for Hailey.

Oriah
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Anadarko, thank you.

JenRen
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
So can we take tape off the list, or is it still needed? I am low on actual cash but have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I also have Prime shipping.

Is there anything else they may need? TIA

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Anadarko,

Do you know if Brad Dennis knows the tape will be delivered tomorrow? I'd hate for him to spend time looking for more if he doesn't already know.

TIA

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I just already pre ordered five pizzas (three pepperoni, two sausage, and two two liters) paid for them the whole nine yards...

it is possible to order the day before...

so consider five to be ordered...

manager was very nice...

note: they will be delivered tomorrow... and the manager was so flustered he almost forgot to take my name and card number LOL

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
should I call back to tell him the delivery time? tricia please advise... I will call him back

Aya
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Should I wait till Friday then? I think we got more than 10 now :D

Let me know!

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
how about cases of water????

Anadarko
01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Anadarko,

Do you know if Brad Dennis knows the tape will be delivered tomorrow? I'd hate for him to spend time looking for more if he doesn't already know.

TIA

I just called Brad Dennis, and let him know it was coming.

Oriah
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Don't want to speak for anyone, but ask for specific times and IMO hold off for now. There are likely to be at least a few more days where supplies are needed, but supply lists may change.

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
anadarko... where did you find this blue tape... (((THANK YOU!!))) could you provide a link in case others would like to donate this same thing? tia

Anadarko
01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
anadarko... where did you find this blue tape... (((THANK YOU!!))) could you provide a link in case others would like to donate this same thing? tia

Ordered from W.W. Grainger - Fort Worth branch

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CH-HANSON-Flagging-Tape-1EC26?Pid=search

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I've already ordered 2 supreme pizza's and some bottled waters. James, the manager, is just wonderful and said they would throw in some paper plates, cups and napkins for free!

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
donation update for thursday:

-I have already ordered and paid for five pizzas and two two liters of soda

-texas lil has ordered already two supremes total so far ordered for thursday is seven....keep this in mind as well as bottled water and manager throwing in plates, etc

-Tricia will order three pizzas

-Linda said she will order two

-anadarko has ordered rolls of blue flagging tape (#30) link: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CH-HANSON-Flagging-Tape-1EC26?Pid=search texas lil just spoke with BD and he says THIS IS ENOUGH AT THIS TIME

----------------------------------

what else is needed for thursday?

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
tricia... when you get back let us know the delivery time you want... and one of us can call to coordinate.. do you want it staggered??? like lunch break and after the search so they are hot?

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
how many rolls of flagging tape are needed in a search...?

anadarko has donated/ordered 30? how many more would be needed in a search?

TexasLil
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM

I just spoke to Brad Dennis and he said the thirty rolls should be sufficient. I asked if there were any other needs and he stated he couldn't think of anything right now. Hope this helps.

Oriah
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
tricia... when you get back let us know the delivery time you want... and one of us can call to coordinate.. do you want it staggered??? like lunch break and after the search so they are hot?

I think maybe stagger if possible? Knowing delivery times is great- try for an 11-2pm and a 4-7 pm maybe?

Maybe even stagger out till Friday, a noon delivery and an early evening if possible?

Oriah
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM

That's probably plenty for now. Thank you on behalf of Hailey. :)

peeples
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
just a suggestion but could there be a paypal account set up to get funds to KK for someone there to go and pick up the tape at the nearest homeDepot? or other hardware store?

Nevermind it's been taken care of, sorry!

So is more needed? I just got home from cello lessons with the kids???

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM

-texas lil has ordered already two supremes total so far ordered for thursday is seven....keep this in mind as well as bottled water and manager throwing in plates, etc

-anadarko has ordered rolls of blue flagging tape (#30) link: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CH-HANSON-Flagging-Tape-1EC26?Pid=search texas lil just spoke with BD and he says THIS IS ENOUGH AT THIS TIME

update... thank you texas lil for calling about the tape... so until we here more anadarko, with her very generous donation, has satisfied the flagging tape needs...

if anyone is talking to bd we need to know his search plans and expected outcome for friday, sat, and sun....

pizza is better hot than cold right?

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
sorry for being a "thread pig".... I am just a nurse and organization is my middle (or second first) name

Tricia
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Tricia, I know you said 10am for the pizzas but Pizza Hut doesn't open/take orders 'til 11am...

I just wanted to let you know so you could adjust the times or try to call Pizza Hut and have them make a special circumstance to allow 10am orders.

I spoke to the manager earlier (sorry should have said that) and he said 10:00 AM was fine.

Tricia
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM

OH MY GOODNESS YOU ARE AMAZING. THANK YOU.

We can cross off flagging tape.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. You are an angel.

Aya
01-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok....I will wait till Friday to order something. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon and see where we are ordering.

Tricia
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
So can we take tape off the list, or is it still needed? I am low on actual cash but have an Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I also have Prime shipping.

Is there anything else they may need? TIA

Flagging tape is handled but if you want you can email Brad Dennis and tell him you have this gift card. He may need something for other searches in the future or perhaps one small thing for this search. His email is search4missing@yahoo.com

You guys are doing great. THANK YOU

Tricia
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
should I call back to tell him the delivery time? tricia please advise... I will call him back

He knows to deliver them as soon as they are done which will be around 11:00 AM when they open.

You guys are so cool. Hang on, i am going to do a list and review and see where we are at. Hang tight. It will take me a bit.

By the way Brad does know about the flagging tape and is very grateful.

Hang on.

nursebeeme
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM

Tricia... does this help you? I was trying to keep tabs

Tricia
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
how about cases of water????

they have all the water they need thank goodness.

Wise Old Owl
01-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm not available for tomorrow - but count me in for 1 pizza on Friday. Wish I could do more, but I'm currently not working.

Tricia
01-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Tricia... does this help you? I was trying to keep tabs

YES. Thank you so much and you are never a "thread hog" my dear. LOL.

All of you have helped so much.

We are cool for food tomorrow/Thursday.

7 Pizzas have been pre-ordered.

5 Pizzas will be ordered tomorrow which includes:

3 from Websleuths (me)
2 from Linda.

WE ARE ALL GOOD FOR THE FOOD FOR THURSDAY'S SEARCH. THANK YOU EVERYONE.

Here is what I am going to do. I will close this thread in a moment and start one for Friday's food.

Friday we have been asked to order from a local restaurant who will deliever as well. I'll start a new thread with all the info.

When we have Friday's food taken care of we will work on Saturday and Sunday's food.

Hang on for the Friday Food Thread.

Tricia
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Here is the thread for the food for Friday.

TX Friday Jan 21st Food/Volunteer Thread for Hailey Dunn Search - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You guys thank you so very VERY MUCH. You are so kind.

Love,
Tricia