PDA

View Full Version : Oprah to reveal HUGE secret on Monday

Daisyjane
01-22-2011, 02:22 PM
According to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/21/oprah-reveal-huge-family-secret_n_812418.html

Oprah's gonna reveal a huge family secret on Monday, something she's
recently discovered.

Excerpt from the article:

"I thought I'd seen it all. But this, my friends, is the miracle of
all miracles," Winfrey says in a promotional spot for the show. The
word "miracle" appears on screen, reinforcing her pronouncement.

"I was given some news that literally shook me to my core. This time,
I'm the one being reunited," she said. "I was keeping a family secret
for months, and on Monday you're going to hear it straight from me."

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

tlcya
01-22-2011, 02:33 PM
um, my bet, reuniting with a child given up for adoption after a teen pregnancy?

Years ago, after she came out about childhood abuse, etc there was some tabloid reports that she had had a pregnancy and given the child up for adoption.

I am wondering whether she and this child have reunited and are developing a relationship.

capps
01-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm sorry...but Oprah is way too dramatic for me! I'm sure it's not all that exciting...just something to get her network OWN on the road. Just like her overrated interview with Piers Morgan,I'm sure it will be anti climatic. it's all about PR folks...all about PR.

TrialAddict
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
hmmmm She is Obama's sister?
Just being silly

I think you are right about being reunited with the baby she gave up for adoption.

hannahsnana
01-22-2011, 05:31 PM
It was my understanding that the baby Oprah gave birth to, died. I think she has stated this herself.

tlcya
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
guess we will have to wait and see.

I wonder if that was something she said to protect hereself and her child from papz and tabloids and also thprotect the privacy of the family that adopted?

If that child truly did pass then perhaps she has discovered a previously unkown sibling and been quitly getting to know them?

We will know soon enough.

Filly
01-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Maya Angelou is her biological mother?

She's a direct descendant of King Tut?

Gail and her find out their third cousins?

John Travolta beamed her up?

Oh I am just waiting. I hope I can stand it until her Monday reveal. I hope she tells us in her Queen Oprah yell.:crazy:

LinasK
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Maybe she's George Bush's cousin???:crazy::crazy::crazy:

LadyL
01-22-2011, 08:37 PM
did she give birth to a baby?
I thought she had an abortion?

if she did give birth & adopt out, then that's my guess too ... (that she was reunited with her birth child)

tlcya
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
IDK if she did, I just recall a long while back a bunch of tabloid rumors that she had birthed a child and given it up for adoption. I do not believe she ever admits it and I do not even know if it is true, remember my source was a tabloid. But sometimes, even the tabloids do get hold of a legitimate story. Maybe there was some truth to it, maybe it was all just rumor.

AvalonBlue
01-22-2011, 08:46 PM
My guess is that she has finally discovered who her actual bio dad is. Seems that has always been a mystery. There has been a show in the last year on HBO (?) about famous people finding out more about their ancestry. Perhaps DNA has proven who her dad really is. MOO...

I agree with others that the mystery is not about the child she had who reportedly died. If this is not about her bio dad then another guess would be about previously unknown sibs -- once again proven by DNA evidence.

tlcya
01-22-2011, 08:49 PM
I did not know bio dad was still a mystery. That being the case, by all means that is probably what it is. That could mean both dad and previously unknown siblings.

angelmom
01-22-2011, 08:53 PM
According to Gayle, the baby was born prematurely and died shortly after.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Oprah_Lost_a_Baby_at_14/3611067

"Best friend and Oprah editor Gayle King says, "She didn't really know who the father was of this child... and hid the pregnancy for a very long time."

Oprah reveals the baby, which was born prematurely, died shortly after birth."

No clue what the secret is, but also don't really care. Unless she's running for president and planning to pay down the debt from her Christmas Club Savings Account, I doubt it affects me.

Elphaba
01-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I think its a sibling she didn't know about..

momtective
01-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe she was told the baby she gave birth to died...when in fact he/she did not and was placed for adoption. Maybe she is being reunited with her child... But it's probably not anything that miraculous...probably more like she's related to Obama or Bush...lol

LotsaLatte
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe the baby she gave birth to didn't pass away. Maybe she was lead to believe that. "Miracle of all miracles" & "shook me to my core" make me think it's something amazing. But I've been wrong before! But then it does say "was keeping a family secret for months" so who knows?
Should be interesting to see.

txsvicki
01-23-2011, 02:31 AM
No offense to Websleuthers who like O., but I can't stand the woman. Seems like everything she says or does is just to draw attention to her, and only her. This is the same IMO, but probably is some family issue or discovery, which will draw even more attention. Maybe she's pregnant in later life, but that's not reuniting. She could have found out that she was given to or abducted by people she thought were her family, but weren't.

Melanie
01-23-2011, 04:00 AM
No offense to Websleuthers who like O., but I can't stand the woman. Seems like everything she says or does is just to draw attention to her, and only her. This is the same IMO, but probably is some family issue or discovery, which will draw even more attention. Maybe she's pregnant in later life, but that's not reuniting. She could have found out that she was given to or abducted by people she thought were her family, but weren't.

I don't care for her much either. I had her background show running one day, and couldn't believe how rude and obnoxious she was. If that's how one gets to the top - no thank you.

And she really messed with a lot of her followers by starting OWN, which is a premium cable channel that most people don't have, or can't afford. I'm glad I don't have it - LOL.

MOO

Mel

octobermoon
01-23-2011, 11:07 AM
According to information on her website, she meets her stepsister as part of an Ultimate Reunion.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/oprah-winfrey-to-reveal-family-secret-on-mondays-show.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%2 8TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Twitter

Elphaba
01-23-2011, 11:35 AM
A step-sister? If it is just a step-sister, then Oprah done gone Nancy Grace Bombshell on us: making a big thing out of something that isn't so big, IMO. She better be a step-sister with horns or a tail or something, for all of this build up and hullabaloo...

tlcya
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
wth is miraculous about that??

capps
01-23-2011, 01:23 PM
According to information on her website, she meets her stepsister as part of an Ultimate Reunion.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/oprah-winfrey-to-reveal-family-secret-on-mondays-show.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%2 8TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Twitter

But,but,but.....I thought she was going to keep this "secret" for her Monday show.Why tell it before hand on her website,now many won't watch the show on Monday. That doesn't make sense,I'll bet it's a different "secret" she'll reveal on her show. Still too dramatic for me.

Columbo
01-23-2011, 04:29 PM

I kind of agree with you. I used to enjoy her show, except when they had singers and the camera would pan to her singing along with tears in her eyes or whatever.

Then,one day she had this clothes show, I think it was one where they had designer clothes vs. identical lower-cost clothes. They showed an $800 sweater and she piped up, "I CAN AFFORD THAT!!" sort of tee-hee, gloating. Now how many of her viewers could afford an $800 sweater? I thought it was really insulting or something. Maybe insulting is not the right word. But she really lost me after that.

The Angel Network used to bug me, too. I mean, as rich as she is, and she is begging poor people to give pennies to charity. Give me a break.

I still watch her show if the topic is of interest to me, and I do think she asks good questions and can get to the heart of a matter.

Melanie
01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
A stepsister? Are U kidding me? Woo hoo and all that jazz. Nothing important about that at all (unless you're the step-sister...then cha-ching)!

Moo

Mel

angelmom
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
As one of my husband's favorite clients likes to say:

Whoopee do dah.

(no, English is not his first language, and the accent makes it that much funnier when he says it.)

cluciano63
01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Gayle is her daughter...:)

WmHersey
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Maybe she's George Bush's cousin???:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Aren't we all?

Elphaba
01-24-2011, 06:53 AM
It is now going around the web that it is her HALF-sister that will be on the show. Seems Oprah's mother gave up a child named Bunny, for adoption.

Melanie
01-24-2011, 07:33 AM
It is now going around the web that it is her HALF-sister that will be on the show. Seems Oprah's mother gave up a child named Bunny, for adoption.

Why can't she keep things private? Everything in her life is a BOMBSHELL. Great, a half-sister...happy for her...move on. Oh wait - the ratings...forgot about that ;)

Next?

Mel

Harmony2
01-24-2011, 11:08 AM

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/9000/33005411/Oprah_Winfrey_finds_sister_she_didnt_know_she_had

CHICAGO An emotional Oprah Winfrey says that one of the most impressive things about a Milwaukee woman's discovery that the two are half-sisters is that the woman never tried to take advantage of her or sell her story.

i.b.nora
01-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Oprah Has Everything, Including A Secret Half-Sister Named Patricia (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oprah-has-everything-including-a-secret-half-sister-named-patricia/)

Mediaite
by Alex Alvarez | 12:35 pm, January 24th, 2011

"Over the years, Oprah Winfrey has made a name for herself by surprising her viewers with revelations and awesome gifts, often quite loudly and with great fanfare. Now, it seems to be her turn to receive a shocking surprise. You get a long-lost secret sister, and you get a long-lost secret sister! And a pashmina wrap.

This morning, Oprah revealed during a taping of her show that she recently learned of the existence of a half-sister now living in Milwaukee.'

MORE...

noonie
01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Yep it is the half sister....................So??????????????

tezi
01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Yep it is the half sister....................So??????????????

That's what I thought....So??????

Elphaba
01-24-2011, 03:46 PM
The woman has known for some time that she was kin to Oprah and didn't cash in on it, so Oprah should have taken that as a cue that the woman didn't want public attention. Sadly, Oprah's mom didn't want contact with the lady when she found out the she was searching for her (the mother).. you know that had to hurt like hell, and now Oprah is going to air that hurt?

DairyGirl
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
First, I thought Oprah and her mother were close? Her mother never told her she gave a child up for adoption? Seems strange. Also, I am sure that Patricia never needed to cash in. I am sure Oprah has compensated her greatly for her silence :) I wonder if she felt like she won the lottery when she found out who here sister was.

LunaticFringe
01-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Patricia seems like a good lady.I hope this works out well for them all.

LadyL
01-24-2011, 05:18 PM
"What is so extraordinary about Patricia and Andre and Aquarius is that they have known this secret since 2007.

She never once thought to go to the press. She never once thought to sell this story."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=7915372

cluciano63
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm starting to think Nancy Grace is her other half-sister...

annalyzer
01-24-2011, 07:13 PM
I also found out late last year that i have a long lost half sister. Course she's not as lucky as Oprah's. :crazy:

belimom
01-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I also found out late last year that i have a long lost half sister. Course she's not as lucky as Oprah's. :crazy:

LOL! I told my husband tonight that Oprah has a long lost half-sister, and before I could finish the sentence, he blurted out, "I hope it's you!"

I found out a couple of years ago that I have a long-lost half-brother that was put for adoption about ten years before I was born. I've been searching ever since... but no luck.

I'm glad for Patricia and Oprah that they have found each other. What a blessing!

Filly
01-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Big freakin whoop!:doh:

Nancy2441
01-25-2011, 02:10 AM
Who cares? There is no personal circumstance that Oprah won't exploit for higher ratings. UGH!

txsvicki
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Only Oprah would make a big deal of a relative not trying to exploit or take advantage of HER. It's all about her. Why the heck would the woman do something like that since it's not that big of a hush hush thing at all. Maybe she actually wants to know her biological family. Oprah doesn't seem to understand how someone else outside her bubble could feel. I only hope Patricia isn't the one to get hurt and hope she had a fantastic life, but that it is not held against her or that she's made to feel guilty for it. Oprah has told all about her miserable life so I could see potential resentments if Patricia had it great.

Elphaba
01-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Oh the irony? Oprah rewards the womans thoughtfulness for not exposing the secret, creating a media stir and making money off of it by... wait for it... bringing her on the show and exposing the secret, creating a media stir and making money off of it through ratings.

norest4thewicked
01-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Sheesh...I read this whole thread only to find out this less than "core shaking" info? Shame on me!

lorann
01-26-2011, 06:12 AM
I watched the show knowing ahead of time that it was a half sister. She is a pretty woman. I don't think that Oprah did this to raise ratings, she does not have to do that. She has fans who adore her and want to know every little thing in her life - and there are those who do not like her at all. Love or hate her, she has done things her way throughout her career and look where it has gotten her. She has previously talked about being molested and other bad things that happened in her life, her choice because it was her life. The thing that I did not like was her questioning her mother and showing that - because it was a choice her mother made and questioning her seemed wrong to me.

Since this family knew for a long period of time and did not take it to the tabloids is remarkable and shows they don't need her dollars. Since Patricia was adopted, she like many many others has been searching for her birth family. Now she has blood family and that was her goal. And Oprah has new family too and she did not try to hide them. With all of her money, she couldn't have bought a nicer sister.

Kat
02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Let me say that I used to watch Oprah faithfully for years. I think I quit sometime after we moved to Texas so that would've been about the year 2000, but it wasn't a sudden quit my interest in her had started to wane a couple of years prior to that.

It occurred to me why I quit watching her in and around 2003 or so when I tuned in for some reason or another.

That was I realized that she had started to believe her hype. She had lost touch with her fan base and lost touch with what it means to be an average everyday person.

In some of her interviews she can be quite aloof and appear to be snotty in a way as if she were looking down her nose at a guest.

Me no likey that in a person. Really really no likey. (not a typo LOL)

We were at the corner store a few days ago picking up milk and one of the rags at the front said "shocking past of Oprahs half sister".

Big whooptydoo. I can't believe that is thought to sell ragmags. C'mon. Leave that poor woman alone.

all JMHO.

Fairy1
02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Let me say that I used to watch Oprah faithfully for years. I think I quit sometime after we moved to Texas so that would've been about the year 2000, but it wasn't a sudden quit my interest in her had started to wane a couple of years prior to that.

It occurred to me why I quit watching her in and around 2003 or so when I tuned in for some reason or another.

That was I realized that she had started to believe her hype. She had lost touch with her fan base and lost touch with what it means to be an average everyday person.

In some of her interviews she can be quite aloof and appear to be snotty in a way as if she were looking down her nose at a guest.

Me no likey that in a person. Really really no likey. (not a typo LOL)

We were at the corner store a few days ago picking up milk and one of the rags at the front said "shocking past of Oprahs half sister".

Big whooptydoo. I can't believe that is thought to sell ragmags. C'mon. Leave that poor woman alone.

all JMHO.

ITA Kat. I once LOVED Oprah, but she has completely lost touch with reality - the one thing that made her so amazing in the beginning.

I suppose it's to be expected from someone who came from such humble beginnings and has amassed a huge fortune and empire. But it's still such a colossal disappointment.