PDA

View Full Version : TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40

Pages : [1] 2 3

Texas Mist
01-22-2011, 07:41 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/Missing/Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-128-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6036362&posted=1#post6036362) Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39

Hailey Dunn - Media Links

SAR information for Hailey Dunn

Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.

Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.

We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

Texas Mist
01-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Bringing over grandmaj's post from previous thread:

I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.

Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.

Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.

If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.

Carry ON. :heart: Hailey.

Beyond Belief
01-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Praying Hailey will be found soon.

katydid23
01-22-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure how much relevance I'd put on what she was wearing. Girls change - at a friends house, at the mall, probably in any public rest room. Could even have had short-shorts on under the sweats, if she wanted to wear something she figured wouldn't be approved of... Even if BD is sure that no other clothing is missing, that doesn't mean she couldn't have bought/borrowed something mom knew nothing about.

"Again - I don't know if she left the house willingly - but I wouldn't rule it out. And if the stories are true that she spent a lot of time in the backyard on the phone, then I have to wonder who she was talking to. At 13, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that she had a disposable cell that her mother didn't know about - they're not expensive - or someone could have given her one..." [posted by Debrlfan on past thread]

I can see your point. I know my daughter used to wear her skimpier clothes hidden under baggier ones when she came in to say bye bye. Come to think about it, so did I when I was her age.

But it was winter time. It is till hard to believe she took very little with her. And most important, I really believe she would have talked to a friend about it if she had some wild secret plan to go someplace cool. Why would she say she was going to MB's and then not tell MB to cover for her?
And would she go someplace alone? When I lied and snuck around in middle school I always had a friend to get in trouble with me.
I just don't see her being that sneaky in this situation. If she had an older bf I think we would know already.
If anything, I could see her being snatched by a perp right outside her home as she left to go to her Dads. It is possible, but I still think that SA is a more probable suspect.

SmoothOperator
01-22-2011, 08:03 PM
IMO Billie seems to be doing most things the EXACT OPPOSITE OF what would be the best direction to bring Hailey home.. This seems to be the case time and time again.. IMO she is attempting to manipulate some of the ppl involved as well as attempting to definitely manipulate situations involved in Hailey's INVESTIGATION..

Here Billie is dramatizing the NG situation..Embellishing{IMO} whats occurred in and around the live broadcasts that we've all seen with our own eyes..

Dunn said when most show broadcasts{NG show} are over, she calls law enforcement "scared to death." Often, officers have to calm her down.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333966

She is again attempting to manipulate the situation because she doesn't like that the focus is on SA{as it should be..along with the focus should still be on her as she has yet been able to have her self ruled out by being honest and passing a poly}.. So because she doesn't "like" the focus she is attempting to demonize NG..her staff..and her program.. now we see her use LE to her benefit{where as earlier she was angry at them but now will turn around and use them FOR HER BENEFIT}..she says that after the NG shows that LE has to soothe and calm her down.. so they now are "good" to her and helping to comfort her from the big bad NG..

IMO it is just another example of Billie making it all about Billie..
The honest truth of the matter is that she is not in frequent contact with LE...like LE would very much like her to be.. She is not working daily with LE to do EVERYTHING WITHIN HER POWER TO HELP GET HAILEY HOME..
The following snip further shows what I believe to be the case..

Kampfer insists they're not giving up and that their investigation will continue even if numbers are lower. Dunn said conversations with Hailey's mother Billie are also less frequent. "We're in the same book, but not in the same page. We're not keeping a lot of contact, especially since the affidavits came out."
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13887971

So IMO Billie needs to quit deflecting..and that is what shes doing..trying her damnedst to not have the focus on lover SA{and her as well}..she needs to get with LE and pass a poly..don't take the meds.. be 100% honest and pass the poly..have herself ruled out and then sit down and make out an accurate as humanly possible detailed timeline beginning on Dec.26th{Im quite sure Clint would be more than willing to do his part by filling in all details that he and GF can when Hailey was with them during those times}..

That IMO would be doing everything she could to get Hailey home..

But sadly instead we see Billie time and time again manipulate ppl and situations to serve her self..to serve her lover..to keep them and their "hobbies" off the hot seat..

Guess what? you reap what you sow...You sowed all this fun and "awesome" love of horror..masks.. murder..throw in drug use..admitted illegal narcotics used..and admitted lies.. you sowed all of that and now you're reaping what you sowed with your butt on the hot seat.. Take it..its the consequence to your poor choices.. Take it...Because in the grand scheme of what your daughter most likely faced..IT DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE..AND THAT LITTLE GIRL DESERVES TO HAVE HER MOM "TAKE IT" SO THAT LITTLE GIRL CAN BE BROUGHT HOME AND JUSTICE SERVED!!!!!!!!

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Billie does not see a relation to SA's masks, their hobbies, etc. and whatever it is that happened to Hailey. She does not see why anyone else would, or should, either.

debirlfan
01-22-2011, 08:15 PM
I can see your point. I know my daughter used to wear her skimpier clothes hidden under baggier ones when she came in to say bye bye. Come to think about it, so did I when I was her age.

But it was winter time. It is till hard to believe she took very little with her. And most important, I really believe she would have talked to a friend about it if she had some wild secret plan to go someplace cool. Why would she say she was going to MB's and then not tell MB to cover for her?
And would she go someplace alone? When I lied and snuck around in middle school I always had a friend to get in trouble with me.
I just don't see her being that sneaky in this situation. If she had an older bf I think we would know already.
If anything, I could see her being snatched by a perp right outside her home as she left to go to her Dads. It is possible, but I still think that SA is a more probable suspect.

Well, if the reports of dogs picking up a scent going to the hotel are accurate, it could make sense. If she planned to spend the night with a boy (or at a party) there, then she might not have taken much - and again, we only know what she supposedly left the house with - she could have had anything stashed outside/with a friend.

And why wouldn't she have clued MB in? Maybe because she feared MB would rat her out. Besides, it appeared that BD didn't really have a "hands on" parenting style, so HD probably wouldn't have expected anyone to check up on her.

Still not sure I believe any of this - but I can see it fitting.

Question - do I remember BD saying HD had stayed at the friend's house before? (I'm not sure of that.) If so - the other girl's mother claimed that she never had. Again - IF BD said she had - then HD might have done the same thing previously.

tehcloser
01-22-2011, 08:20 PM
The sheriffs departments tell us there has been an officer involved shooting.

TX-dot says state road 176 is closed between sr 137 and fm road 829.

The Martin County sheriffs Department tells us the closure is the result of an officer involved shooting.

We’re told Texas Rangers are on the scene investigating.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23483

Curious Me
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Is it noble of BD to go on NG over and over to deflect suspicions away from her, and especially SA? She is doing this in the name of Hailey?

And yet, BD, herself, has not found out and been able to clear up the information that makes SA so darn suspicious. It's hinky to me.

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
I got the impression that Billie said that H slept at friends' homes frequently, but not specifically MB's. But then she also said she was annoyed that H did not call her at work to tell her...and she wishes she had called over to MB's.

LostInTheMyst
01-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm wondering if SA left work because he received a call or text regarding HD? This would explain why he left and also why he erased info from his phone.... Maybe even HD sending a message that somehow angered him?

LisaB
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Billie does not see a relation to SA's masks, their hobbies, etc. and whatever it is that happened to Hailey. She does not see why anyone else would, or should, either.

And not everyone does. IMO

Curious Me
01-22-2011, 08:31 PM
But SA told BD those messages on his phone just disappeared. BD knows that can happen, and doesn't see how SA could be involved. Those messages must tell a story.

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
And not everyone does. IMO

I didn't say that it does have anything to do with H, but that is the point Billie seems to be trying to stress, above all else, and that seems odd to me. Honestly, she has spent more of her on-air time defending SA and her choices, etc. than discussing Hailey.

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Re; the text messages/phone calls...the affidavits show that the records were summoned for SA's and BD's phones. So LE will have the phone calls, messages, photos, etc. (anything that was sent or received).

Soulmagent
01-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Why did the step mom not remember seeing Hailey or not? She says she did at first. then changed it. Anyone about to point me in the direction of her interveiw?

tehcloser
01-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Where did the SM (CD's GF) not remembering come from? I have yet to see an article about it, maybe I'm missing it. If any one has a link could you post it pretty pleaseeeeeeeee? TIA

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Where did the SM not remembering come from? I have yet to see an article about it, maybe I'm missing it. If any one has a link could you post it pretty pleaseeeeeeeee? TIA

I havent been able to find it either and sure would like to see it.

tehcloser
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
lol............Soul looks like we are thinking alike.

Soulmagent
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Where did the SM not remembering come from? I have yet to see an article about it, maybe I'm missing it. If any one has a link could you post it pretty pleaseeeeeeeee? TIA

I havent seen the g/f intereveiw so I am not sure what was said in that , So the flow of information as I know it to be is from...

CZGTZ's very first post which is enlighting now that all the other information has come to light the date of this post is 12/31/10.

Paying attention to what she says about both MB's statements and clints girlfriends statements

Thread one page 2 , the best I can do right now.

CONNIEHU
01-22-2011, 08:41 PM
According to KCBD News 11 @ 6pm the 2 search organizations will leave after this weekend search however they have taught local searchers how to search on their own.

BD needs to provide any more information she might have and stop covering for SA or this case is going to lose national attention and her daughtr being in the spotlight. Breaks my heart for Hailey.

curiousc
01-22-2011, 08:43 PM
According to KCBD News 11 @ 6pm the 2 search organizations will leave after this weekend search however they have taught local searchers how to search on their own.

BD needs to provide any more information she might have and stop covering for SA or this case is going to lose national attention and her daughtr being in the spotlight. Breaks my heart for Hailey.

LE is scaling back, search organizations are leaving and BD saying what she did about NG show yesterday. This isn't good.

Adrienne37
01-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Sadly I doubt Billie knew which friend's houses Hailey was staying over at frequently.

~JMO~

KathrynL
01-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I had to run errands this afternoon, and was wondering if you all saw/discussed that a man has been arrested in connection with the missing girl in Lubbock that had a general resemblance to Hailey. tia and I can add a link if it isn't in the previous thread.

belimom
01-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Where did the SM (CD's GF) not remembering come from? I have yet to see an article about it, maybe I'm missing it. If any one has a link could you post it pretty pleaseeeeeeeee? TIA

Here's the source:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27-Dec-2010

bbm

czgtz:
At this point, Billie was understandably panicked. She contacted Clint's girlfriend, who first said that yes, Hailey did come over Monday, but later said that she was not sure if she saw her or not. Another grey area. At this point, it is like Hailey disappeared into thin air while crossing the street.

tehcloser
01-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I throwing the GF saying that out the window since it came from BD. ppppfffftttttt.

Lanie
01-22-2011, 08:47 PM

I've noticed a lot of links aren't working anymore, so I went back to the first thread and skimmed a little. There is some talk with the CZ poster saying the SM at first said Hailey was there Monday, then later saying she didn't remember if she was or not. I would post a link to that specific post, but I don't know how to do it. I don't remember how far I read on thread 1, but I don't remember any of the msm links being active on thread 1 that I clicked, so I don't know how much linkage has been lost regarding facts.

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Here's the source:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Darlene Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27-Dec-2010 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5953002&postcount=5)

bbm

So the only source was BD telling someone else this happened. I was hoping for a news link or more credible source. :(

Amster
01-22-2011, 08:53 PM

Came from the friend of Billie....

katydid23
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Well, if the reports of dogs picking up a scent going to the hotel are accurate, it could make sense. If she planned to spend the night with a boy (or at a party) there, then she might not have taken much - and again, we only know what she supposedly left the house with - she could have had anything stashed outside/with a friend.

And why wouldn't she have clued MB in? Maybe because she feared MB would rat her out. Besides, it appeared that BD didn't really have a "hands on" parenting style, so HD probably wouldn't have expected anyone to check up on her.

Question - do I remember BD saying HD had stayed at the friend's house before? (I'm not sure of that.) If so - the other girl's mother claimed that she never had. Again - IF BD said she had - then HD might have done the same thing previously.

I think LE has said the motel was a false hit by the dogs.. And the surveillance cameras do not show her anywhere near there. And if there had been a bunch of kids having a party there the night HD went missing we would have heard about it already.
I also highly doubt that she planned to spend the night with a boy in the motel. She was not that 'experienced' imo. But who knows. I just don't see it from what I have seen so far. She seems like a typical 13 yr old that was just beginning to have 'boyfriends' in the middle school sense.

I don't remember BD ever saying HD had stayed @ MB's before-but she might have said it. IDK. But you're right, that would show that HD tried this ruse before.

I think the main reason I resist this theory is that there was no communication between HD and any of her friends that day. I would really like to see if that was normal for her. Others have said she routinely talks on the cell out side. So why wasnt she talking to others on Monday? Especially if she had a big plan in place to fool her mom about where she was going.

Which is also why I don't think she had clothes and stuff hidden at a friends house for that night. Why wouldn't that friend come forward in a life/death situation like this. If they planned to go out with older kids that night or something then I would think a friend would come clean about it by now.

There is a possibility that she had some secret bf that she was going off to meet up with. And maybe he nabbed her and took off. But even then, I really think she would have told a friend about him at some point. And she didnt seem to have that much access to the internet to build a relationship up. She posted from her i-touch and LE has those records I am sure.

So imo it keeps coming back to SA.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Something made me think that HD had spent the night there before as well..Either way, it just doesn't make sense to me why BD did not at least call and check on her..ESPECIALLY since it does not sound like HD was in the habit of staying anywhere except her mom's or dad's house, ykwim? If she was in the habit of spending the night anywhere else without talking to her mom it wouldn't be such a huge red flag to me..

katydid23
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm wondering if SA left work because he received a call or text regarding HD? This would explain why he left and also why he erased info from his phone.... Maybe even HD sending a message that somehow angered him?

Maybe she said she was going to 'tell' on him.

However I am not sure why she would warn him. Maybe she said I will tell on you unless [ fill in the blank.]

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Came from the friend of Billie....

Didn't the hoopla over the earring come about much the same way..or am I mis-remembering?

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Didn't the hoopla over the earring come about much the same way..or am I mis-remembering?

You remember correctly. :)

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Maybe she said she was going to 'tell' on him.

However I am not sure why she would warn him. Maybe she said I will tell on you unless [ fill in the blank.]

In which case LE has a record of that.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Of course any of Billie's friends would only know what she has told them..

tfrohning
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
The sheriffs departments tell us there has been an officer involved shooting.

TX-dot says state road 176 is closed between sr 137 and fm road 829.

The Martin County sheriffs Department tells us the closure is the result of an officer involved shooting.

We’re told Texas Rangers are on the scene investigating.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23483

Is that normal for the Texas Rangers?:waitasec:

curiousc
01-22-2011, 09:08 PM

I know what you are thinking. :) What I also wonder is how often things like this happen around there...what the crime statistics are etc.

katydid23
01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I bet NG starts hammering BD from now on if she decides to stop doing NG's show. I think it is a mistake on billies part.

tfrohning
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
lol............Soul looks like we are thinking alike.

well I know we all seen it. just can't find it :(

strach304
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
I didn't say that it does have anything to do with H, but that is the point Billie seems to be trying to stress, above all else, and that seems odd to me. Honestly, she has spent more of her on-air time defending SA and her choices, etc. than discussing Hailey.

Seems to me that's all anyone seems to want to know about from Billie. That is of course what she is upset about and complaining about because that constant focus takes away from the attention she wants for finding Hailey. Enough is enough.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
I am thinking that whatever text (assuming it was a text..it could have just been something on the phone log) SA erased before LE had a chance to look the 2nd time was a text between he and Billie..that is complete speculation on my part and I have nothing to base it on other than a feeling....SA obviously knew that whatever it was was incriminating imo...wonder what he was worried about them seeing..and if it was something he didn't want them to see..wth did he wait until then to erase it?

my_tee_mouse
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasRangers/

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibility for the following: major incident crime investigations, unsolved crime/serial crime investigations, public corruption investigations, officer involved shooting investigations, and border security operations.

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with WS? :( Or just my computer...

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. My question is, in the video, he was smoking dope. He was on a boat. Does he have access to that boat to get it in the water? Because in Colorado City, there are two lakes. And have they dredged those lakes?

GRACE: You know, that`s a good question. To Billie Dunn. Does Shawn Adkins have access to a boat?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I know his grandma used to have that boat. It doesn`t run. And we do have the -- sorry -- the game warden out at the lakes has been looking.

GRACE: You have what at the lake?

BILLIE DUNN: The game wardens.

GRACE: So they have been looking in the lakes. OK.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

Maybe they should use side sonar in those lakes.

tfrohning
01-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I had to run errands this afternoon, and was wondering if you all saw/discussed that a man has been arrested in connection with the missing girl in Lubbock that had a general resemblance to Hailey. tia and I can add a link if it isn't in the previous thread.

There thread with a lot info out on Elizabeth Ennen.

TX TX- Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 Jan 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Amster
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM

:yes::yes::yes:

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Seems to me that's all anyone seems to want to know about from Billie. That is of course what she is upset about and complaining about because that constant focus takes away from the attention she wants for finding Hailey. Enough is enough.

Well, LE named him a suspect, so that rather directs the conversation, whether Billie likes it or not.

curiousc
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Hailey Dunn Search Update 1/22/11

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23485

tfrohning
01-22-2011, 09:20 PM
I know what you are thinking. :) What I also wonder is how often things like this happen around there...what the crime statistics are etc.

:waitasec: not much. I been listening to the scanner in all counties not heard that. Really weird that it invlove a shooting...

Soulmagent
So the only source was BD telling someone else this happened. I was hoping for a news link or more credible source. :(

Thats why I was looking for a link to the interveiw with the G/f. I know there was one. It was mentioned in thread 33?? Maybe??

Also we do not know that there was no contact between Hailey and her friends that day. There was a text message sent arround 2. confirmed by LE but we have not been told any other clues Billie's phone may or may not hold.

LE was misleading about this text message or shady.
MB's uncles live in a camper trailer behind MB's house and is a friend of Clints(supposedly) I am assuming that Clints g/f and MB's mother would have had some limited contact. So did MB ever visit Haileys dads house?

MB said she didnt hear from Hailey. In the early reports it was said she was seen with MB that day. Later MB they said they never heard from her that day and then LE says the text message was sent so at ths point inconsistant seems to be coming in from everyone and it shouldnt be. Then we have reports The hair dresser saw HD with a bi racial child. To which everyone assumes is a mistake and she saw Hailey sunday with Clint and g/f's kid at the dollar store because of the footage. The hairdresser did not say she saw clint and the first reports were of MB and HD and the 7 year old. which has now changed.

So then on to MK and his support of BD etc..etc..

I am at a point in the case where I believe people involved and witnesses etc have been asked to omit certain details and facts from statement they make to the media . Stuff is leaking out but LE is trying to contain it and only admitting to information they cannot hold on to. Billie may be leaking it but that doesnt make it untrue.

But it leads you right back to chestnut drive and the events between 10:30 and 3:15.

This late in the game LE knows what is up and what isnt. Why are they not asking for anyone to say call in if you saw Billies car between the hours of such and such?

belimom

I totally agree. I posted the message below awhile back because I don't understand why they keep saying they're doing everything they can to find Hailey, when there's a very valuable resource available that could do something LE can't -- the side-scan sonar:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

Law enforcement has searched around Lake Colorado City, but not in it.

Kampfer said that there have been no leads that indicate Hailey could be found in the lake and that to drag it would be expensive.

"It is cavernous," Kampfer said of the lake, which is southwest of the city. "It is like a canyon, the bottom (is) shaped like a V, so it would be very difficult to drag it."

bbm

Well... this is where TES could help: side-scan sonar, free of charge.

Amster
01-22-2011, 09:21 PM

Enough what? Her lover has been named a suspect. They both failed a poly. If BD wants to be left alone....well....that's her call. Clint is looking for Hailey. Maybe Billie should fade into the background....

Evan's Mom
01-22-2011, 09:22 PM

I don't either.
My bf is younger than I am, he collects horror film memorabilia, and we both used to smoke pot. I still would not hesitate to leave my kids home alone with him for any amount of time.
After living together almost 4 years, I trust him with my life because I know for a fact that he is an honorable man.
Whether Billie is wrong or not, I can certainly understand why she would not see the relation of his hobbies to her Hailey's disappearance.

TxLady2
01-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Is it noble of BD to go on NG over and over to deflect suspicions away from her, and especially SA? She is doing this in the name of Hailey?

And yet, BD, herself, has not found out and been able to clear up the information that makes SA so darn suspicious. It's hinky to me.

I think she has tried to clear some of it up, but no one believes her. NG asked her things she can't answer, over and over. Like why did Shawn go in to work on Tues, and then leave after 10 minutes. How is Billie supposed to know that? That's just one example.

passionflower
01-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Enough what? Her lover has been named a suspect. They both failed a poly. If BD wants to be left alone....well....that's her call. Clint is looking for Hailey. Maybe Billie should fade into the background....

Clint could always be on NG to keep Hailey in the national eye.
IMO, we really don't need to hear BD's circles of truth......

Amster
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM

3 hour course? I bet there will be a big drop in searchers.

JamaicanMeFrooti
01-22-2011, 09:25 PM
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. My question is, in the video, he was smoking dope. He was on a boat. Does he have access to that boat to get it in the water? Because in Colorado City, there are two lakes. And have they dredged those lakes?

GRACE: You know, that`s a good question. To Billie Dunn. Does Shawn Adkins have access to a boat?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I know his grandma used to have that boat. It doesn`t run. And we do have the -- sorry -- the game warden out at the lakes has been looking.

GRACE: You have what at the lake?

BILLIE DUNN: The game wardens.

GRACE: So they have been looking in the lakes. OK.

The question was... Access to a boat...
Response, it doesn't run...
IMO... a boat that size can RUN with OARS alone! no motor needed!

my_tee_mouse
01-22-2011, 09:26 PM
BeanE's Most Excellent Timeline:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hailey-dunn/hailey-dunn-timeline/

Monday, December 27
Time Event
12:00AM Hailey estimated to have stopped playing her video game, based on her skill level, and the level at which the game was found.
05:30AM Shawn leaves for work. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am
06:00AM Billie looks in on Hailey in bed in her room, but is unsure if she’s there. Last time Billie makes an effort to determine Hailey’s whereabouts or well-being until Tuesday, December 28 between noon and 1:00pm.
Shawn arrives at work, and gets a Dr. Pepper. Shawn claims he had an argument and quit or was fired. LE affidavit states that he and his supervisor saw each other, Shawn did not speak to anyone, that Shawn was a good employee, and there was no incident or employment termination.

06:06AM ETA at work for Shawn. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am
06:10AM Shawn leaves work. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

Amster
01-22-2011, 09:26 PM

Exactly! He should definitely be on NG....without Billie. I know that I don't need to hear from or see her.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:27 PM

Seems to me that IF she wanted to make sure the focus was on Hailey, she would recount the hours between Sunday and Tuesday regarding her and SA's every move..in detail without all her hemming and hawing..answer everything she knew about Shawn's actions honestly ..and after doing that..just say I'm not talking about him anymore...LE is aware of everything I know..and I'm here to discuss Hailey..The End..She won't do that though..

Granted she had made some similar remarks..but she won't be forthcoming (not even with LE) and worries more about what is being said about she and Shawn (and the fate of their relationship) than she is about Hailey...for some reason she can't help herself it seems and THAT is one thing that makes me look a whole lot closer at her!

epiphany
01-22-2011, 09:29 PM

From the link: Using helicopters and crop duster planes.

SNIPPED: Searchers say having an aerial view will be another strategy that could lead to her discovery.

katydid23
01-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I am thinking that whatever text (assuming it was a text..it could have just been something on the phone log) SA erased before LE had a chance to look the 2nd time was a text between he and Billie..that is complete speculation on my part and I have nothing to base it on other than a feeling....SA obviously knew that whatever it was was incriminating imo...wonder what he was worried about them seeing..and if it was something he didn't want them to see..wth did he wait until then to erase it?

I have been trying to think about what those calls could be as well.
Billie does come to mind.
But also, what about any accomplices?

passionflower
01-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Did anyoe ever hear where SA was all day Tuesday?

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I think she has tried to clear some of it up, but no one believes her. NG asked her things she can't answer, over and over. Like why did Shawn go in to work on Tues, and then leave after 10 minutes. How is Billie supposed to know that? That's just one example.

Let's see....ASK HIM? He was still in the house for a few days...not to mention, wouldn't that be the first thing you would be discussing if your child is missing? Asking everyone around where were you? Did you see her?

KathrynL
01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
There thread with a lot info out on Elizabeth Ennen.

TX TX- Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 Jan 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125922)

Thanks! I only asked because there was some speculation that due to her resemblance to HD, could the same person was responsible for both of them. In light of the arrest, I was wondering if anyone still thought it was possible.
I did notice there is still no sign of the girl. :(

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Exactly! He should definitely be on NG....without Billie. I know that I don't need to hear from or see her.

I don't know what he thinks about BD now..but at first I believe he felt protective..he still may and I understand that..I think he's about to bust a gut to tell how he feels about SA..but leaves that away from the cameras. As much as I want to know what he thinks..HE is trying to keep the focus on Hailey...Maybe BD should watch and take lessons...

My ex is a 1st class loser..was abusive to me (but only to me) and a drug addict who doesn't see his children or grandchildren. We've been divorced for many years..but if someone were to tell me that he had harmed my children (at least physically)..I wouldn't believe it either without proof..

Quiche
01-22-2011, 09:34 PM
A little more in depth about the status of searching...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/22/training-of-searchers-continues-as-does-hunt-for/

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Also, in regards to the phone..LE has a copy (by now) of all communication with those phones from Verizon (or whatever). It doesn't matter that SA deleted anything.

orb4me
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Harris county reported a DOA just a little after we got the notice that the road was being closed. I thought he sounded sad, but deaths are sad, but now I wonder who got killed.

For The Kids
01-22-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't either.
My bf is younger than I am, he collects horror film memorabilia, and we both used to smoke pot. I still would not hesitate to leave my kids home alone with him for any amount of time.
After living together almost 4 years, I trust him with my life because I know for a fact that he is an honorable man.
Whether Billie is wrong or not, I can certainly understand why she would not see the relation of his hobbies to her Hailey's disappearance.

Would you let your boyfriend move in with you though just months after he had made threats on your life? Your partner may be honourable but in my opinion someone who threatens there partners life isnt.

belimom
01-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Something made me think that HD had spent the night there before as well..Either way, it just doesn't make sense to me why BD did not at least call and check on her..ESPECIALLY since it does not sound like HD was in the habit of staying anywhere except her mom's or dad's house, ykwim? If she was in the habit of spending the night anywhere else without talking to her mom it wouldn't be such a huge red flag to me..

From the quote below, it does seem like we have different versions of the truth here, so someone is wrong, correct? BD, HD, or MB/mom.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/efforts-continue-find-hailey-dunn

Hailey usually walked the four to five blocks to [MB]’s home whenever she was going to spend the night.

“It was normal for her to go with nothing and come back the next day to get cleaned up,” Dunn said.

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Billie should have asked SA a million times before he finally moved out where he was every second, why he left his job, what he did that day and the next day, if he had quit working, etc...I can't imagine her not having hounded him for this info once she found out he had not been at work as he had led her to believe.

TxLady2
01-22-2011, 09:39 PM

And why is that, you reckon? IMO, it's because NG spends most of the show asking Billie about those things, and not asking much in regards to Hailey.

Pondering Mind
I have been trying to think about what those calls could be as well.
Billie does come to mind.
But also, what about any accomplices?

I can't help but believe it's just the 2..and while I feel Billie knows much more than she is saying, I'm just not sure yet how far I believe her involvement goes..moo..

I don't think there are others though..only because the more people that know, the easier it is to be found out..I think someone would have said something by now if they realized that they were accomplices somehow. I am VERY curious what SA's mom has to say. Last article I read today said that he was back at mom's..I guess he's bouncing between his mom and g'ma..

orb4me
I totally agree. I posted the message below (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6035299&postcount=358)awhile back because I don't understand why they keep saying they're doing everything they can to find Hailey, when there's a very valuable resource available that could do something LE can't -- the side-scan sonar:

I dont think I did the quote thing right, but anyway, no reason to search the lakes???? So its shaped like a V on the bottom, Im sure we have resources that can look at the V. expensive???? now Im mad.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

curiousc
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Billie should have asked SA a million times before he finally moved out where he was every second, why he left his job, what he did that day and the next day, if he had quit working, etc...I can't imagine her not having hounded him for this info once she found out he had not been at work as he had led her to believe.

He was in the house for a week and a 1/2 before he left. During that time, BD found out he walked out of his job, that he wasn't in Big Springs during the times he says he was the day of Hailey's disappearance, etc. He also refused 2 of his polys and failed the third.

I think I'd be asking a whole bunch of questions.

CONNIEHU
01-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Shows aerial view of Haileys home

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334176&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

darlin gal
Harris county reported a DOA just a little after we got the notice that the road was being closed. I thought he sounded sad, but deaths are sad, but now I wonder who got killed.

I have heard the chase ended (the one they closed the road for) with an officer related shooting, which might be the DOA. They probably closed the road as it became a crime scene after the shooting.

edited to add this quote/link:

The Martin County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety are all on the scene.
There have been unconfirmed reports that there was a chase and possible standoff that lead to an officer-involved shooting.
Martin County authorities are remaining tight lipped about the situation so far, but there will be a briefing later this evening.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13889886

Dr.Fessel
I dont think I did the quote thing right, but anyway, no reason to search the lakes???? So its shaped like a V on the bottom, Im sure we have resources that can look at the V. expensive???? now Im mad.:furious::furious::furious::furious:
I can't believe he said that about the lake. What he was telling everyone is hey if you have a body to get rid of don't forget about this lake we won't search.

peeples
01-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Would you let your boyfriend move in with you though just months after he had made threats on your life? Your partner may be honourable but in my opinion someone who threatens there partners life isnt.

This deserves a major thank you!!!!!! Anyone who smokes pot or any other drug while they have minor children to take care of is just rolling the dice on their children's future. Anyone who moves a person in who threatens their lives and MAYBE those of their children and other family members, needs their head examined... and should anything happen, the parent who did the drugs, moved the less than good person in, is just as guilty.

Beyond Belief
01-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Why did SA even go back to Haileys house at 3 something? Who was he trying to fool by showing up at the usually time of getting off work? BD was at work so how would she know what time he got home. DD was gone and as far as SA would have known Hailey might not even had been there. Was this a showing for the neighbors to see him there?

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Aired January 18, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET

GRACE: Out to Billie Dunn. This is Hailey`s mother. Billie, thank you for being with us tonight. Did he tell you where he was...

BILLIE DUNN: Thank you.

GRACE: ... in between 7:00 and 9:00 AM?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I haven`t had a chance to ask him. No.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

Here we are Jan 18th and she still hasnt asked Shawn about that day her daughter went missing so she says.

katydid23
01-22-2011, 09:48 PM
From the quote below, it does seem like we have different versions of the truth here, so someone is wrong, correct? BD, HD, or MB/mom.

OR, as another member mentioned above, MAYBE HD used MB as a cover story. Maybe she used to say she was sleeping over there when she was actually somewhere else. HHMMMMMMM...........

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:50 PM
And why is that, you reckon? IMO, it's because NG spends most of the show asking Billie about those things, and not asking much in regards to Hailey.

But Nancy has given Billie chances to say whatever she wants..and what does she say? Well, she tells Hailey to call 911 because she doesn't have her phone...this struck me as odd for some reason beyond the obvious..after BD said for Hailey to call 911 and NG said..that's it?..that's your message..she said yeah, she knows that number..:floorlaugh:..it's not funny, but what??? Hailey is 13 and her mom says yeah, she knows the # to 911..wow..

TxLady, NG can be a pain..and intimidating I'm sure, but imo..IF Billie (or anyone on her show) wanted to say something bad enough..she would find a way...and she does..it's just usually about SA. I just don't see how NG could talk to BD regarding Hailey's disappearance without his name coming up..he's the main suspect and has been named so by LE. Billie focuses on defending Shawn instead of providing pertinent information. As teh said earlier..in many ways she reminds me of Cindy Anthony..Billie seems to think she knows where LE should be focusing better than LE does..and what info is important and what's not..Someone needs to sit her down (hopefully MK will) and let her know that she has no idea what LE may know and that they know how to run this investigation..If she wants to help, she could start by telling the truth....

TxLady2
01-22-2011, 09:51 PM
I throwing the GF saying that out the window since it came from BD. ppppfffftttttt.

Uh.... no.... it came from Billie's friend. Surely you're not suggesting that the friend would lie about that.

:eek:

debirlfan

Hmm. My guess would be drug contact. Probably not healthy to give your dealer's # to the cops.

BeanE
I just got done doing an update and refinement on the timeline. I spent most of the day with the NG transcripts (lol), looking for some specific pieces of info. Boy was that ever fun.

But... having spent all that time and reviewed all the transcripts, as well as going and looking at articles and videos, I finally got something straight in my head. Took me long enough lol.

It's about the polygraphs. And this is all according to Billie.

- Friday, Dec 31 - Shawn and Billie go to take polys, but can't because they both took Ativan the night before.

- Monday, Jan 3 - Shawn and Billie go to take polys, but *again* can't because they both *again* took Ativan the night before.

- Wednesday, Jan 5 - Shawn and Billie take polys. Billie says for this one she took pain meds and antiobiotics for her tooth. Both Billie and Shawn fail their polys.

Not a biggie, but I wanted to post because I got all excited when I figured out wth Billie was saying :floorlaugh:

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 09:52 PM
GRACE: I want to go back to Billie Dunn. Back to the question the caller presented earlier. Between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m.. Why? Why? Let`s see that ping record again, Liz. The map. Why would he go into work, Billie, take a look at his boss, 6:00 a.m., take a sip of soda and walk out? Then tell you he got fired or quit or some such story as that when the boss said that`s not what happened at all. He just turned around and walked out. Then his pings placed him back around your home between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. Then between 7:00 and 9:00, nothing. Then the pings put him at his mother`s house around 9:00 up until 2:40 p.m.

What do you see in that scenario, Billie Dunn? What`s he doing back around your home?

DUNN: I don`t know. That`s all stuff I need a lot of answers to, that we all need a lot of answers to.

GRACE: Well, have you tried to ask him?

DUNN: No.

GRACE: Why?

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him. He`ll send a text every now and then. But I haven`t asked him, why did you come back to the house? He never let me know that. I didn`t know that until the affidavits came out and showed his pings. That he had come back here first, then to Big Spring.

GRACE: Well, why haven`t you asked him?

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him.

This is still from Jan 18th and SHE never asked him. She had plenty of time before he moved out to ask him these questions.

For The Kids
01-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Uh.... no.... it came from Billie's friend. Surely you're not suggesting that the friend would lie about that.

I believe CZ totally :) The problem is she only knows what she is told by Billie and therein lies the problem when Billie doesnt appear to be the most truthful person out :(

trigger
01-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Some want to know if BA had asked SA where he was Tuesday. Heres what I found on NG transcripts.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: My question is -- I know that the cell phone pings show that Shawn was pinging in Colorado City until almost 7:00 AM, and then in Big Springs from about 9:00-something after. Where was he between 7:00 and 9:00, is my question? Does anyone know?

GRACE: Out to Billie Dunn. This is Hailey`s mother. Billie, thank you for being with us tonight. Did he tell you where he was... GRACE: ... in between 7:00 and 9:00 AM?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I haven`t had a chance to ask him. No. :furious:

(remember this was the show when NG finally said to her..WHY, wHY HAVN'T YOU ASKD HIM..And BD said he lawyered up and NG said wow that was like pulling a tooth. LOL)

1/18/21

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Hmm. My guess would be drug contact. Probably not healthy to give your dealer's # to the cops.

If he was innocent in Hailey's disappearance I don't think LE would care about that to be honest. They most likely wouldn't know it was a drug contact unless he told them anyway...and he already admitted to buying drugs..

Although you have a point! This msg or whatever it was could be HOW LE got them to admit the drug purchase. It quite possibly could have been a text to his dealer and if they had lied about what they did that night (which we know that they did at first) the text could have been the confirmation LE used to get them to make that admission..good point..and Gee Thanks, something else to ponder..:crazy:..j/k!

Soulmagent
01-22-2011, 09:58 PM
This deserves a major thank you!!!!!! Anyone who smokes pot or any other drug while they have minor children to take care of is just rolling the dice on their children's future. Anyone who moves a person in who threatens their lives and MAYBE those of their children and other family members, needs their head examined... and should anything happen, the parent who did the drugs, moved the less than good person in, is just as guilty.

I am hoping they make weed legal to remove some of the Unnecessary danger away from children who's parents do smoke weed. IMO.

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Some want to know if BA had asked SA where he was Tuesday. Heres what I found on NG transcripts.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: My question is -- I know that the cell phone pings show that Shawn was pinging in Colorado City until almost 7:00 AM, and then in Big Springs from about 9:00-something after. Where was he between 7:00 and 9:00, is my question? Does anyone know?

GRACE: Out to Billie Dunn. This is Hailey`s mother. Billie, thank you for being with us tonight. Did he tell you where he was... GRACE: ... in between 7:00 and 9:00 AM?

(member this was the show when NG finally said to her..WHY, wHY HAVN'T YOU ASKD HIM..And BA said he lawyered up and NG said wow that was like pulling a tooth. LOL)

You would think as soon as she found out he lied to her about being at work a red flag would have went up and she would have started asking questions. I bet he faked going to work on the 28th because she didnt know he wasnt working.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 10:00 PM

(member this was the show when NG finally said to her..WHY, wHY HAVN'T YOU ASKD HIM..And BA said he lawyered up and NG said wow that was like pulling a tooth. LOL)

bbm~

We all have our priorities right? ..:furious:..doesn't sound like finding Hailey is #1 on BD's list of things to ask SA...

strach304
01-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Gary Ridgeway passed three...so? She's trying to find her child!

lillys
01-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure how much relevance I'd put on what she was wearing. Girls change - .

respectfully snipped.
In another case what she was wearing may not be important. In THIS case, Hailey's case, it is.

The lone suspect in the case is the last person who 'saw her'.....her mother's bf, who told LE what Hailey had on.

I think that's very important.
imoo

katydid23
01-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Also we do not know that there was no contact between Hailey and her friends that day. There was a text message sent arround 2. confirmed by LE but we have not been told any other clues Billie's phone may or may not hold.

LE was misleading about this text message or shady.

How were they shady about the text message? I don't follow.

I think that LE have been implying that there was no other communication or contact other than that 2 pm text. Haven't they said that Sunday evening was the last verified sighting other than a 2pm unanswered text to MB?
That implies there were no other calls or texts made by her.

If she had called another friend that day wouldn't we have heard?

I could be wrong. But I think that the only communication from that cell was the 2 pm text.

As for the uncles behind MB's home, that should really be checked out. I hope it has been already. Lord knows it needs to be.

TxLady2
01-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Seems to me that IF she wanted to make sure the focus was on Hailey, she would recount the hours between Sunday and Tuesday regarding her and SA's every move..in detail without all her hemming and hawing..answer everything she knew about Shawn's actions honestly ..and after doing that..just say I'm not talking about him anymore...LE is aware of everything I know..and I'm here to discuss Hailey..The End..She won't do that though..

Granted she had made some similar remarks..but she won't be forthcoming (not even with LE) and worries more about what is being said about she and Shawn (and the fate of their relationship) than she is about Hailey...for some reason she can't help herself it seems and THAT is one thing that makes me look a whole lot closer at her!

If she was at work Monday and Tuesday, and not with him, how is she going to give them answers about HIS activities those days?
As far as Sunday... Hailey was alive Sun. night when her brother saw her playing x-box at 9 p.m. In fact, Billie says she thought he left later than that, but whatever... the brother saw her, alive and well. Billie saw her watching t.v. in her bedroom around 10:30.

katydid23
01-22-2011, 10:05 PM
respectfully snipped.
In another case what she was wearing may not be important. In THIS case, Hailey's case, it is.

The lone suspect in the case is the last person who 'saw her'.....her mother's bf, who told LE what Hailey had on.

I think that's very important.
imoo

I think that you are totally correct. That quote is actually from the person I was replying to, but the thread was closed so I had to cut and paste. Sorry for the confusion.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 10:06 PM
I am hoping they make weed legal to remove some of the unnessary danger away from children who's parents do smoke weed. IMO.

Thank you! I know many disagree and that's fine I understand..but while I never smoked pot around my children, I did smoke it. They were never aware of it..not because I thought I was doing anything wrong (yes I know it's illegal) because I rarely drink and never did that if front of them either. I have to say that while I have had a long and sometimes very rocky road in my life, I was and am a d@mn good mama..EVEN when I smoked pot..probably better in many ways to be quite honest..<MOO and I don't except anyone to agree. :crazy:..

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Does someone have a link to what LE said about the 2PM text message? The only thing I've seen says something like there was a message sent...but it didn't say to whom. Also, and again, LE has that message and to whom it was sent and from where it pinged by this point.

SailorMoon
01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I think that the description of what she was last seen wearing is exactly that - what SA last saw her in. It's just the when and where we don't know.

Soulmagent
GRACE: I want to go back to Billie Dunn. Back to the question the caller presented earlier. Between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m.. Why? Why? Let`s see that ping record again, Liz. The map. Why would he go into work, Billie, take a look at his boss, 6:00 a.m., take a sip of soda and walk out? Then tell you he got fired or quit or some such story as that when the boss said that`s not what happened at all. He just turned around and walked out. Then his pings placed him back around your home between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. Then between 7:00 and 9:00, nothing. Then the pings put him at his mother`s house around 9:00 up until 2:40 p.m.

What do you see in that scenario, Billie Dunn? What`s he doing back around your home?

DUNN: I don`t know. That`s all stuff I need a lot of answers to, that we all need a lot of answers to.

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him. He`ll send a text every now and then. But I haven`t asked him, why did you come back to the house? He never let me know that. I didn`t know that until the affidavits came out and showed his pings. That he had come back here first, then to Big Spring.

This is still from Jan 18th and SHE never asked him. She had plenty of time before he moved out to ask him these questions.
BBM
So what day did the affidavits come out? and when did SA leave the house?

noneareworthy
If she was at work Monday and Tuesday, and not with him, how is she going to give them answers about HIS activities those days?
As far as Sunday... Hailey was alive Sun. night when her brother saw her playing x-box at 9 p.m. In fact, Billie says she thought he left later than that, but whatever... the brother saw her, alive and well. Billie saw her watching t.v. in her bedroom around 10:30.

I thought she played XBOX until 12:30 am. Can you play XBOX AND watch tv at the same time?

katydid23
I just got done doing an update and refinement on the timeline. I spent most of the day with the NG transcripts (lol), looking for some specific pieces of info. Boy was that ever fun.

But... having spent all that time and reviewed all the transcripts, as well as going and looking at articles and videos, I finally got something straight in my head. Took me long enough lol.

It's about the polygraphs. And this is all according to Billie.

- Friday, Dec 31 - Shawn and Billie go to take polys, but can't because they both took Ativan the night before.

- Monday, Jan 3 - Shawn and Billie go to take polys, but *again* can't because they both *again* took Ativan the night before.

- Wednesday, Jan 5 - Shawn and Billie take polys. Billie says for this one she took pain meds and antiobiotics for her tooth. Both Billie and Shawn fail their polys.

Not a biggie, but I wanted to post because I got all excited when I figured out wth Billie was saying :floorlaugh:

THANK YOU for weeding through all of those docs. Must have given you a migraine.

But I was thinking about this before and couldn't understand how she wouldn't just knock off the pills for one full day to try and pass the test. Hmmmm

lillys
01-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I think that you are totally correct. That quote is actually from the person I was replying to, but the thread was closed so I had to cut and paste. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry hon.
(Please don't take my post as being rude towards you. ;) )

belimom
He was in the house for a week and a 1/2 before he left. During that time, BD found out he walked out of his job, that he wasn't in Big Springs during the times he says he was the day of Hailey's disappearance, etc. He also refused 2 of his polys and failed the third.

I think I'd be asking a whole bunch of questions.

bbm

I believe that Billie said on NG that the first time she heard that he had gone back to the house and not straight to his mom's was when the affidavits were released. She said that she didn't get a chance to ask him or something like that, because that would have been after he had failed the poly/moved out. If they were texting/talking, she should have asked.

Pondering Mind
I believe CZ totally :) The problem is she only knows what she is told by Billie and therein lies the problem when Billie doesnt appear to be the most truthful person out :(

Exactly..and unless and until I were to find out differently, anytime I question something that CZ said, I am NOT questioning her, I'm questioning what Billie told her..I think most of us even told her that and she understood...

lillys
01-22-2011, 10:12 PM
I think that the description of what she was last seen wearing is exactly that - what SA last saw her in. It's just the when and where we don't know.

Me too!

belimom
01-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I thought she played XBOX until 12:30 am. Can you play XBOX AND watch tv at the same time?

DD estimated that she would have played until about 12:00, based on the game she was playing and her skill level - and the time that he left around 9:00. I don't think LE has ever revealed exactly how long she played...? I'm sure they know by now, though.

ETA: Just posting this as a reason for why nonareworthy may have thought that she played until 12:30. But we don't know how long she played...

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 10:15 PM

and since there is still that possibility that she was gone before the sun rose on Monday, it's possible that she was in pajamas for all we know. BD wouldn't even know differently since she didn't see her. I wonder if she took SA's word for it or tried to discern for herself what was missing?

strach304
01-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Why did SA even go back to Haileys house at 3 something? Who was he trying to fool by showing up at the usually time of getting off work? BD was at work so how would she know what time he got home. DD was gone and as far as SA would have known Hailey might not even had been there. Was this a showing for the neighbors to see him there?

Good point. He didn't tell BD he quit his job either so I'm assuming he went on with the charade for several days.

For The Kids
01-22-2011, 10:16 PM

It would depend on how m any screens are in the room really :) My husband plays wow and watches tv programmes at the same time no problems.

BeanE
01-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Does someone have a link to what LE said about the 2PM text message? The only thing I've seen says something like there was a message sent...but it didn't say to whom. Also, and again, LE has that message and to whom it was sent and from where it pinged by this point.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332277

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 10:17 PM
DD estimated that she would have played until about 12:00, based on the game she was playing and her skill level - and the time that he left around 9:00. I don't think LE has ever revealed exactly how long she played...? I'm sure they know by now, though.

...except BD says she was watching TV in her bedroom at 10:30.

katydid23
Exactly..and unless and until I were to find out differently, anytime I question something that CZ said, I am NOT questioning her, I'm questioning what Billie told her..I think most of us even told her that and she understood...

Absolutely. I have the utmost respect for CZ and for what she tried to do for Hailey and for her friend. I feel badly that she had to deal with those 911 tapes like she did. She had told us if she ever found out that SA did in fact threaten Haileys life she would have to think twice about Billie.
I think that is one reason why Billie fights so hard with NG over that statement. She says He never threatened Hailey, he threatened to kill me.
Like that is supposed to make it okay.

concernedmother
BBM

IDN but they were texting so she had opportunitys to ask that question.

BeanE
01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
BBM

Shawn left Jan 5. Affidavits were dated Jan 6, but weren't publicly released until Jan 11.

debirlfan
01-22-2011, 10:19 PM
If he was innocent in Hailey's disappearance I don't think LE would care about that to be honest. They most likely wouldn't know it was a drug contact unless he told them anyway...and he already admitted to buying drugs..

Although you have a point! This msg or whatever it was could be HOW LE got them to admit the drug purchase. It quite possibly could have been a text to his dealer and if they had lied about what they did that night (which we know that they did at first) the text could have been the confirmation LE used to get them to make that admission..good point..and Gee Thanks, something else to ponder..:crazy:..j/k!

Well, apparently LE is interested enough in drugs that CD is already in some degree of trouble about pot. And maybe it was more than buying - if things went further than that, it could explain where he went after he took off from work. Might also explain the questions regarding sulfuric acid (has there ever been any more info on that?) - and if BD knew what he was really up to and that it didn't involve Hailey, then her defense of him would make sense.

If it's accurate that Hailey hadn't stayed at MD's house before - but she told her mother that she had - then somebody's got to find out where she really was.

Soulmagent

She could have made extreme progress in whatever game in a few minutes. He could be mistaken about which point she was at when he left. I do not see how he can guess how far she would advance after he left. This is not a firm timeframe. or a forsure one.

noneareworthy
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332277

So all we REALLY know is that there IS a text message (doesn't say on which phone or what time) that is being looked into. The End.

Paulette
I am hoping they make weed legal to remove some of the Unnecessary danger away from children who's parents do smoke weed. IMO.

Wouldn't that be GREAT! Now the entire family can sit around sucking beer, eating pizza & smoking a joint while they watch Charlotte's Web with the little ones.

katiemadonna
01-22-2011, 10:20 PM

Can't you pause those games and go back to them later?

belimom
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM

Yep - so either DD was wrong and Hailey got bored and quit, deciding to watch TV in her room. Or she wasn't in her room at 10:30.

strach304
01-22-2011, 10:22 PM

She said she didn't know until she saw the affidavits which is the same time we all saw them. It seems like a lot of info she is privy to now she did not know before she told him to leave.

Kamille
01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
THANK YOU for weeding through all of those docs. Must have given you a migraine.

But I was thinking about this before and couldn't understand how she wouldn't just knock off the pills for one full day to try and pass the test. Hmmmm

Speaking of that, SA was on an anxiety medication as far back as Feb 2010 when he told LE that he though BD had taken his. I admit to being fully unaware of what Klonopin is prescribed for and whether this is something that he would be required to take all the time but would he be able to just stop for a few days before a polygraph and have it out of his system? BD said something like she had to "keep him away from that stuff" for the polygraph that he did end up failing. I assume she meant the Ativan but it was never prescribed for him, just her and he supposedly took one of hers to sleep the night before the first polygraph.

Do people buy anxiety medication off the street? I know that some pain medication, especially Oxy is sold that way and is used in different ways in order for people to get high and is extremely addictive, but would anxiety medication be sold illegally on the street? :waitasec:

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
My point being is that there isn't much FACT available.

nomoresorrow
01-22-2011, 10:25 PM

Could we please keep this thread about Hailey and not the promotion of legalizing an illegal drug - thanks!

cluciano63
Billie did know, however, that he had walked off his job by about (at least) January 6th, which would have given her weeks now to ask him where he was all that day and the next day and however many more days until she found out about the job.

Soulmagent
Shawn left Jan 5. Affidavits were dated Jan 6, but weren't publicly released until Jan 11.

So for the timeline on the 11th of jan is when Billie finds out that SA went to the house and big springs. Prior to that she thought he went to big springs correct?

KathrynL
01-22-2011, 10:26 PM

Thanks for your hard (ongoing) work on the timeline. It is so helpful.

Emeralgem

My thoughts also.. Just wondering If she is using the Ativan and other pain meds as an excuse to not take the LDT..Just my thoughts on the subject.

Pondering Mind

Not to mention some of the overcrowding of prisons where there is such a need for space for REAL criminals..Imagine a rapist or child molester that MAY have had to spend more time in prison but for the lack of space. Much of which is taken up by pot smokers, who IMHO are a danger to no one as long as that is ALL they are doing. I really don't believe that most realize how many people do smoke, but don't go on to other things and are most certainly not a danger to anyone. Whether anyone agrees with it or not, I just think many would be surprised to know that their attorney, doctor, grocery store manager or CEO of some organization smokes pot..just sayin'..It is mind boggling to me that marijuana is illegal and alcohol is not..I had to add that and I'll leave that subject alone now..:innocent:

trigger
01-22-2011, 10:27 PM
You would think as soon as she found out he lied to her about being at work a red flag would have went up and she would have started asking questions. I bet he faked going to work on the 28th because she didnt know he wasnt working.

ITA. Remember very early on it was reported that H was last seen at 1pm when SA arrived home. Then it changed to 3pm when he got home from work. The we find out he was at work for 10 minutes.
#1 Post 102
12/31/2010
Police track new leads in search of missing girl
Colorado City police officers were out in force today, December 31, following new leads in the disappearance of a missing Colorado City middle schooler. Law enforcment tracking teams with TDCJ joined in the search, according to Interim Police Cheif John Bivins.

"There is still no evidence of foul play or abduction," Bivins said.
Any new information made available by the CCPD will be immediately posted on this website as the search for Hailey Dunn continues.

Thirteen-year-old Hailey Dunn was last seen at 1804 Chestnut in Colorado City at 1 p.m. on Monday, December 27.

Kamille
01-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Billie did know, however, that he had walked off his job by about (at least) January 6th, which would have given her weeks now to ask him where he was all that day and the next day and however many more days until she found out about the job.

I think she knew by Dec 29th. And he told her there was an argument and he was fired. I think he also told her he went straight to his Mom's that day. But she had to have asked him what he did the following day then, December 28th. But of course, no one has asked her that question in the press yet.

MOO

concernedmother
She said she didn't know until she saw the affidavits which is the same time we all saw them. It seems like a lot of info she is privy to now she did not know before she told him to leave.

Yes but she could text him back when he texts her and ask him. Because she says in the Jan 18 transcript that he texts her.

BeanE
So all we REALLY know is that there IS a text message (doesn't say on which phone or what time) that is being looked into. The End.

Well there's this post from Billie's friend:

01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
czgtz

About the phone records - I posted earlier that LE told Billie that they did not find any calls from Hailey on her friends phone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

strach304
01-22-2011, 10:32 PM

You know I've thought about that since DD could tell by what level she had advanced to for that particular game. The xbox was in his room and BD says Hailey was in her room watching tv. Maybe she went back and played the xbox later, nothing good on tv?

BeanE
01-22-2011, 10:34 PM
So for the timeline on the 11th of jan is when Billie finds out that SA went to the house and big springs. Prior to that she thought he went to big springs correct?

That's when Billie says she found out.

Pondering Mind
Wouldn't that be GREAT! Now the entire family can sit around sucking beer, eating pizza & smoking a joint while they watch Charlotte's Web with the little ones.

Yeah sure, that's how it goes..:rolleyes:..

Lanie

(remember this was the show when NG finally said to her..WHY, wHY HAVN'T YOU ASKD HIM..And BD said he lawyered up and NG said wow that was like pulling a tooth. LOL)

1/18/21

WTH does Shawn lawyering up have to do with Billie asking him questions?

ETA: The time frame of 7-9am is from Monday, not Tuesday, btw.

NSS
01-22-2011, 10:35 PM
bbm

I believe that Billie said on NG that the first time she heard that he had gone back to the house and not straight to his mom's was when the affidavits were released. She said that she didn't get a chance to ask him or something like that, because that would have been after he had failed the poly/moved out. If they were texting/talking, she should have asked.

Billies response to NG should have gone something like this.......<insert events/times> is what he (SA) told me he was doing at that time, and I didn't find out until later that it wasn't true.

I've sent 7 millions texts/emails/MS messages asking him WTF, but he hasn't responded.

The KEY to a missing person investigation is the last person to see/speak with the missing. Clues are also found in the hours before and after.

Since we have nothing except she left the house at 3pm and didn't make it across the street to dads. The ONLY option if Shawn is not involved is, that someone drove up and silently stole the child, right outside his home.

No evidence of a strange car, loiterer, scuffle, childs screams, etc has been reported.

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 10:36 PM

czgtz

About the phone records - I posted earlier that LE told Billie that they did not find any calls from Hailey on her friends phone.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5962836&postcount=593)

That could be where SA screwed up too. Maybe MB didnt have texting on her phone and Hailey would have known that but SA wouldnt if he texted her. I know I have to pay extra a month to have text package and photos on my phone.

lillys
01-22-2011, 10:36 PM

bwaaaaaa :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh Paulette, that's hilarious.

katiemadonna
01-22-2011, 10:37 PM

she said that SA's attorney told him not to speak to her. she said that on the NG show

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 10:37 PM
That's when Billie says she found out.

That's a big part of our problem...we can't count on anything she says..I feel sure LE has had to disregard as fact everything she has told them. I can't imagine how frustrating that has been for them..

GourmetSoy
01-22-2011, 10:38 PM

Right, Billie isn't a cop. If SD is supposed to be innocent then there isn't anything he should hide from BD...who is his girlfriend and the mother of a missing girl! Facts are facts and the truth doesn't change!

trigger
Well, apparently LE is interested enough in drugs that CD is already in some degree of trouble about pot. And maybe it was more than buying - if things went further than that, it could explain where he went after he took off from work. Might also explain the questions regarding sulfuric acid (has there ever been any more info on that?) - and if BD knew what he was really up to and that it didn't involve Hailey, then her defense of him would make sense.

If it's accurate that Hailey hadn't stayed at MD's house before - but she told her mother that she had - then somebody's got to find out where she really was.

Right, where was she when she would leave a note or tell her dad or SA that she was sleeping over friends houses. Maybe LE knows but IMO BD never knew.

CONNIEHU
When looking at BeanE's Most Excellent Timeline: I think that what ever happened to Hailey happened between 6:30-9:00 on 12/27 and was covered up between that time as well.

5:30am Shawn leaves for work
6:00am Billie "thinks" she saw Hailey in her bed/bedroom
6:10 Shawn leaves place of employment
6:20 Billie leave home for work
6:30 ***Shawns phone pings that he is in CC at home***
7-9am Shawns phone does not ping nothing nada
9:00am Shawns phone again starts to ping at his MOMs house in Big Spring

3:00pm Shawn back @ Haileys house in CC
3:15pm Hailey (according to Shawn) leaves home going to MB/Dads house?

BD had not seen Hailey since 900pm the night of 12/26 and didnt realize she was missing til Noon on 12/28 when DD was to text MB.

I just keep coming back to the time of 6:30am-9:00am on 12/27 as to when she may have met her demise. :MOO:

RavenTrue
01-22-2011, 10:39 PM

An XBox is a video game player. You need a TV to do this. The Xbox does not come with its own screen. Is that what you mean?

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 10:41 PM
That's a big part of our problem...we can't count on anything she says..I feel sure LE has had to disregard as fact everything she has told them. I can't imagine how frustrating that has been for them..

There in lies the problem. She is not credible. Look how she denied he had ever threatened her and wham here the 911 calls are released.

CONNIEHU
01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
she said that SA's attorney told him not to speak to her. she said that on the NG show

But then dosent she say something to the effect that he keeps texting her telling her how much he loves her and the "family"?

PaulR
01-22-2011, 10:42 PM
An XBox is a video game player. You need a TV to do this. The Xbox does not come with its own screen. Is that what you mean?

You can also watch TV shows from Netflix and Hulu on your Xbox.

Wise Old Owl
01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
BD knows. Has known. And will continue to know. But, will she tell what she knows is the real question.

Think about this for a minute.

You (or a close friend or family member) has a child go missing. You meet with LE and at some point - hours from the intial report. When LE has talked to everyone and pretty much tells you to go home and that they will be in touch and they will take it from there.

Ok - so you go home. YOU TALK! You talk out aloud and retrace EVERY second of the day leading up to finding out the child is gone. You talk to your significant other about where you where - where they were - who they talked to - who did the child talk to - remember when she stayed with that "Sally" or was it "Stephi" - remember that girl had an older brother.... - YOU TALK.

SA and BD did talk. Bet on it - count on it. She knows more than she it telling. Now, if they were in it together - then all the talk would have surrounded "getting stories straight". But if it was only SA - then his story doesn't quite add up and BD has to become suspicious and untrusting.

I really don't see BD putting any suspicion on SA. She has stated that she doesn't want the focus on him. She loves him. that is not something one would say that has any suspicion of that person - regardless that suspicion is revolving around your missing child.
It still could be a smoke screen coming from BD publicy so SA still thinks "she's hooked". I just don't see that as what is going on here.

BD knows where he was on Monday. BD knows where he was on Tuesday. BD knows what happened from Sunday night around 9PM until Monday morning at 5:30 when SA left for work.

She is just choosing not to tell. The reason for that is what I would really like to know.

PaulR
There in lies the problem. She is not credible. Look how she denied he had ever threatened her and wham here the 911 calls are released.

So she must be lying about... everything?

concernedmother
But then dosent she say something to the effect that he keeps texting her telling her how much he loves her and the "family"?

Yes she does. Its in one of the NG transcripts. she even said there they dont talk about Hailey much. Ill go look thru them and see if I can find it.

strach304
01-22-2011, 10:46 PM

We do know he told her he went to his mothers. She didn't know about the morning cell phone pings placing him in CC until she heard about it on the news. That's one of the things that she admitted on NG that concerns her.

Pondering Mind

So not only had she already been gone for anywhere from 24-36 hours by the time LE was even notified and then the person who they need help from the most (BD) was not truthful or forthcoming. Talk about beginning a case at an extreme disadvantage! ..all because of Hailey's own mom..how sad is that? BD and SA both not only lie, they lie about things that they have to know will be found out...

Soulmagent
When looking at BeanE's Most Excellent Timeline: I think that what ever happened to Hailey happened between 6:30-9:00 on 12/27 and was covered up between that time as well.

BD had not seen Hailey since 900pm the night of 12/26 and didnt realize she was missing til Noon on 12/28 when DD was to text MB.

I just keep coming back to the time of 6:30am-9:00am on 12/27 as to when she may have met her demise. :MOO:

I cant get behind the 630-900 times as I believe the Hairdresser and the neighbor who is a drug addict but he said he saw her and the time matches up to the hairdressers time of seeing her. I cant just dismiss those two events (mentioned in the media ) as rumor or mistakes.

All these things could still be true and SA still be quilty I just think it puts us at he did something on Tuesday.

katiemadonna
01-22-2011, 10:47 PM

Wasn't that on a previous NG? I thought the last one she said "they" won't let her talk to him and when she went over there with Rangers he wouldn't talk to her either?

TxJan1971
Hi everyone,

First post - long time lurker. Hope I do this right.

First let me say that I'm so very grateful that there are such good people on here who spend so much time and energy working together to try to help solve all the missing children/adults/unidentified, etc. Keep up the good work. We are so needed....

These threads move so fast and I am trying so very hard to keep up and keep everything that has already been discussed straight, so please forgive me if I ask something already asked, but right now I have one question that keeps going through my brain so I figured I may as well just ask. I'm not sure if anyone previously has asked this so please forgive me if they did.

Has it been asked before or do we know whether or not there is any type of insurance policy on Hailey either through BD or CD or .... ??

Also, just something I've been thinking about for awhile -- I can't help but wonder if an interview of BD done by Diane Sawyer (first choice), Jean Casarez, Oprah, Hoda Kotb (to name a few) would elicit more useful information from BD ?????

Mama always told me that it's not WHAT you say ... it's HOW you say it.... Personally, I think the "softer" demeanor/approach would allow more constructive conversation between two people because the person being interviewed would feel less threatened. It would be interesting to say the least, and I'd be willing to bet $$$ that we would get more useful information to find Hailey... Just my two cents...

Thanks much!

belimom

czgtz

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5962836&postcount=593)

But that's just one friend, right? I know there another friend mentioned in an article that she was Hailey's 'best' friend - and I'm sure there are other friends the text may have been sent to (whoever sent it)...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331936

belimom
01-22-2011, 10:49 PM
I cant get behind the 630-900 times as I believe the Hairdresser and the neighbor who is a drug addict but he said he saw her and the time matches up to the hairdressers time of seeing her. I cant just dismiss those two events (mentioned in the media ) as rumor or mistakes.

All these things could still be true and SA still be quilty I just think it puts us at he did something on Tuesday.

bbm

It is interesting how everyone is mum about SA's whereabout on Tuesday: LE, SA, BD, even the rumor mill has nothing here, kwim? Heck, even NG hasn't even asked that question!

Where was SA on Tuesday?!?

Pondering Mind
So she must be lying about... everything?

Good question...because so far imo..she has already lied about everything...Kinda reminds me of the little boy that cried wolf...after a while, especially concerning such a matter as your missing child..if you keep lying over and over again..WHY would anyone believe her?..except for the fact that they want her to be innocent..

strach304
Yes but she could text him back when he texts her and ask him. Because she says in the Jan 18 transcript that he texts her.

I think his lawyer would be advising him not to answer questions of that nature.

Schmerty_Jones
01-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I totally agree. I posted the message below (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6035299&postcount=358)awhile back because I don't understand why they keep saying they're doing everything they can to find Hailey, when there's a very valuable resource available that could do something LE can't -- the side-scan sonar:

Billie D. just said on Nancy Grace that the lake has been searched by the Wardens???????:waitasec::banghead:

PaulR
01-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Good question...because so far imo..she has already lied about everything...Kinda reminds me of the little boy that cried wolf...after a while, especially concerning such a matter as your missing child..if you keep lying over and over again..WHY would anyone believe her?..except for the fact that they want her to be innocent..

She lied about everything - including that she has a daughter at all?

She could just be making mistakes. People tend to do that when they are stressed out - like, say, when your daughter is missing and people start accusing you of being involved.

Quiche
01-22-2011, 10:52 PM

Maybe we should take another approach-- what has Billie told us that's been truthful?

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 10:55 PM
But that's just one friend, right? I know there another friend mentioned in an article that she was Hailey's 'best' friend - and I'm sure there are other friends the text may have been sent to (whoever sent it)...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331936

That's what I was asking earlier belimom...but didn't want to get into trouble..
Without discussing minors, I was just saying that we haven't heard (that I know of anyway) anything about any other friends..not even in the broad sense of friends..as in friends but not named (if that makes any sense, I'm trying to tread carefully)..What I'm trying to say is other than Billie saying she checked with friends (whom she didn't name) I haven't heard anything else about anyone that Hailey may have hung around with mentioned..

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe we should take another approach-- what has Billie told us that's been truthful?

Yes! That would be a very short list..I'll start..

(1) Hailey is not in her house...(BD's wording, not mine)

Ok, I'm done..anything else? :floorlaugh:..

Quiche
OT: Here is the resolution of the highway closure west of Big Spring.

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13889886

dog.gone.cute
BeanE's Most Excellent Timeline:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hailey-dunn/hailey-dunn-timeline/

Monday, December 27
Time Event
12:00AM Hailey estimated to have stopped playing her video game, based on her skill level, and the level at which the game was found.
05:30AM Shawn leaves for work. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am
06:00AM Billie looks in on Hailey in bed in her room, but is unsure if she’s there. Last time Billie makes an effort to determine Hailey’s whereabouts or well-being until Tuesday, December 28 between noon and 1:00pm.
Shawn arrives at work, and gets a Dr. Pepper. Shawn claims he had an argument and quit or was fired. LE affidavit states that he and his supervisor saw each other, Shawn did not speak to anyone, that Shawn was a good employee, and there was no incident or employment termination.

06:06AM ETA at work for Shawn. 5:30am + 36 min = 6:06am
06:10AM Shawn leaves work. 6:10am + 36 min = 6:46am.

We know about Shawn going to work for 5 minutes and then leaving on Monday . . .

Billie went to work on Monday, and work on Tuesday morning, leaving there to go the police station.

Do we know if any of her co-workers/supervisors noticed anything strange with Billie on Monday and Tuesday ?

Anything going on between Billie and Shawn like excessive phone calls, maybe BJ said something to someone there ? about Shawn ? about Hailey ?

I don't recall this but maybe something has been reported about Billie at work on those two days. Just wondering . . .

This thread is moving so fast . . . it's like a marathon trying to keep up.

I hope they find Hailey soon.!

Wondergirl
01-22-2011, 10:58 PM
So, Brad Dennis, from the KlaasKids Foundation flew home to Florida today, and The Laura Recovery Representatives leave tomorrow, and it looks as if the FBI is also withdrawing from Hailey's Case....I can't help but feel that this is sad news, and even the numbers here on WS are starting to dwindle.....Where is Hailey? :(

belimom
01-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone,

First post - long time lurker. Hope I do this right.

First let me say that I'm so very grateful that there are such good people on here who spend so much time and energy working together to try to help solve all the missing children/adults/unidentified, etc. Keep up the good work. We are so needed....

These threads move so fast and I am trying so very hard to keep up and keep everything that has already been discussed straight, so please forgive me if I ask something already asked, but right now I have one question that keeps going through my brain so I figured I may as well just ask. I'm not sure if anyone previously has asked this so please forgive me if they did.

Has it been asked before or do we know whether or not there is any type of insurance policy on Hailey either through BD or CD or .... ??

Also, just something I've been thinking about for awhile -- I can't help but wonder if an interview of BD done by Diane Sawyer (first choice), Jean Casarez, Oprah, Hoda Kotb (to name a few) would elicit more useful information from BD ?????

Mama always told me that it's not WHAT you say ... it's HOW you say it.... Personally, I think the "softer" demeanor/approach would allow more constructive conversation between two people because the person being interviewed would feel less threatened. It would be interesting to say the least, and I'd be willing to bet $$$ that we would get more useful information to find Hailey... Just my two cents...

Thanks much!

Welcome!!!! :seeya:

And great first post....

Lanie
01-22-2011, 10:59 PM

Yeah, and she also said he's been texting her off and on. But I guess texts would LITERALLY not be 'speaking', so glad they were able to come up with that loophole. Lawyer or not, nothing but Billie is stopping Billie from asking him questions.

If she's not involved, I'm at a loss to explain how she can look at this man and defend him. She's lost her child, and where is he? Is he at her side, supporting her, helping her through what is the worst time of her life? No, he's lying to her, and lying to LE, and hiding behind his mama and his granny and his lawyer. He's standing out on a porch trying to stare down searchers. If I know it, so does she. How can she think there is some reasonable explanation for this that doesn't involve Hailey? What could possibly be more important than Hailey right now?

JenRen
01-22-2011, 11:01 PM

I believe a lot of what she says, and it has nothing to do with my wanting her to be innocent.

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Wasn't that on a previous NG? I thought the last one she said "they" won't let her talk to him and when she went over there with Rangers he wouldn't talk to her either?
Yes that one was from a previous one.
and on Jan 18th transcript where she says that they wont let her talk to him she also says shes getting text too.

GRACE: Yes, I know that. My question is, why? I would want to know why. What were you doing back around my house?

DUNN: I want to know too.

GRACE: Well then why haven`t you asked him? Oh, because did the cops tell you not to talk to him?

DUNN: I`m not allowed -- no. When I call over there, they don`t let me talk to him. They won`t put him on the phone.

GRACE: What about a cell phone?

DUNN: He doesn`t have a cell phone.

GRACE: So when you call over there, what do they say?

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Well, text him.

DUNN: That Shawn -- Shawn can`t talk to you.

GRACE: He can`t talk to you or he won`t talk to you. Because obviously he can still speak.

DUNN: Per his lawyer, he can`t talk to me.

GRACE: So his lawyer -- man, that was like pulling a tooth. His lawyer has told him not to talk to you?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

For The Kids
01-22-2011, 11:02 PM

She could just be making mistakes. People tend to do that when they are stressed out - like, say, when your daughter is missing and people start accusing you of being involved.

Your boyfriend threatens to kill you and the police are called. How do you make mistakes about that or forget it happened?

katiemadonna
01-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, and she also said he's been texting her off and on. But I guess texts would LITERALLY not be 'speaking', so glad they were able to come up with that loophole. Lawyer or not, nothing but Billie is stopping Billie from asking him questions.

If she's not involved, I'm at a loss to explain how she can look at this man and defend him. She's lost her child, and where is he? Is he at her side, supporting her, helping her through what is the worst time of her life? No, he's lying to her, and lying to LE, and hiding behind his mama and his granny and his lawyer. He's standing out on a porch trying to stare down searchers. If I know it, so does she. How can she think there is some reasonable explanation for this that doesn't involve Hailey? What could possibly be more important than Hailey right now?
I am not trying to defend her I am just trying to understand it all.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:03 PM

I agree..and we have discussed the reasons you mentioned at length. Speaking only for myself, I have never heard of an innocent parent of a missing child being so stressed that it caused them to lie and lie and withhold info that could aid in finding their missing daughter. We have all made mistakes of course..I just don't consider what I just described as a mistake. I have never said that BD did anything to her daughter (though I'm not convinced that she didn't) I have only accused her of not being honest and have to wonder why. If all of these things end up being nothing but coincidental..well..I just believe that the odds of that are astronomical.<moo..

debirlfan
01-22-2011, 11:04 PM

If someone takes drugs regularly, and goes "cold turkey" from them, I'm going to assume THAT would probably screw up a LDT? If so, it could explain a lot.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:08 PM
I believe a lot of what she says, and it has nothing to do with my wanting her to be innocent.

I really would love to hear any reason that she should be believed..and I mean that seriously...not an ounce of snark intended :) Without making excuses and justifying every single thing she as said and done, I would love to hear another point of view. Heck, I would love to believe her, but I don't....

strach304
01-22-2011, 11:09 PM

My impression is that she is easily confused and doesn't communicate well. I know she is supposed to be a nurse but she seems somewhat immature for her age and maybe under educated? I don't know, can't put my finger on it I guess. Easily misled that's why I was so glad to see MK go there. She needs help.

shefner
01-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Now, I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for me. If my live-in beau was named as a suspect in the disappearance of my little girl....I would be ballistic. Going crazy. Screaming in the press, calling his phone, kicking, crying and threatening.

I would take his cotton-picking "masks" and cut em up with a sharp pair of scissors...

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Has LE said anything lately about whether they are receiving tips? Haven't really heard that as much as in some cases. I know there has been a false sighting or two, but in Kyron's case, LE kept announcing # of tips like they were having a tip-a-thon.

BeanE
Question. When someone is served a search warrant, are they given a copy of the affidavit as well?

katiemadonna
My impression is that she is easily confused and doesn't communicate well. I know she is supposed to be a nurse but she seems somewhat immature for her age and maybe under educated? I don't know, can't put my finger on it I guess. Easily misled that's why I was so glad to see MK go there. She needs help.

this is just how I feel but you explained it so much better than I could. I have no idea if we are right but that is my perception of her.

ETA I also think she was scared to death for the drug stuff and the stuff about to come out (like it did) and ruin her work life. It is done now so IMO she should stop with the excuses

Pondering Mind
Lanie, I couldn't believe it when she tried to duck and dodge NG on that...THAT is a perfect example of what I mean though.. WHY do you play word games at a time like this..If she is talking/texting SA...so be it..but if she has and she really doesn't know what happened to Hailey..I can't think of one good reason why she wouldn't/hasn't ask him about the details...

Lanie
01-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I am not trying to defend her I am just trying to understand it all.

Oh, I'm so sorry, that wasn't directed AT you, even though I was quoting your post! This is my WHY WHY WHY frustrations coming out. Sorry about that. :blowkiss:

Wise Old Owl
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Its not that BD lies. She deflects, she circles, she omits.

That exchange posted above with NG (the pulling tooth exchange) - BD just goes in circles.
Have you asked him?
No.
Why not?
He texts.
Ok, have you texted him?
No.
Why not?
Because I call over there.

Circle, circle circle.

The drug buy was another one. NG tried to keep on her about buying drugs and she finally said "I'm not going to talk about that - or - I don't want to talk about that". We never heard BD say she bought drugs. She never answered the question.

Regardless of how smart BD is - she is a manipulator.

think about this:
How many parents of missing children have you seen go on Nancy Grace and tell the nation that they failed the polygraph and there bf failed 2 and walked out on the 3rd and they were the ones LE are looking at for this - AND YOU BELIEVED THEM? The nation believed her. They stood behind her. That big bad LE - they shouldn't have done those things. C'mon. She's good, I'll give her that.

LadeeNTexas
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334216

Report: Hailey Suspect May Now Be in Big Spring

I thought he was being watched 24/7. This story sounds like they really aren't sure where he is but he MAY be at his Mom's in Big Spring.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
BD's occupation is a unit secretary at a hospital...She handles patient records daily..she has to communicate with physicians and nurses daily..quite possibly in circumstances that are critical..I don't believe she could do that job with 'communication issues'..if she does, I hope I never end up in that hospital...

Soulmagent
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Question. When someone is served a search warrant, are they given a copy of the affidavit as well?

I dont know for sure but when I search the old returned search warrents at my local courthouse they do not have the affidavits.

strach304
Now, I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for me. If my live-in beau was named as a suspect in the disappearance of my little girl....I would be ballistic. Going crazy. Screaming in the press, calling his phone, kicking, crying and threatening.

I would take his cotton-picking "masks" and cut em up with a sharp pair of scissors...

I'd be doing much worse but I am at an age in life where I understand we are all different. I suppose BD figures that isn't going to help her find Hailey. How about CD? My father would have been asking his questions with a .357 :crazy:

Quiche

I thought he was being watched 24/7. This story sounds like they really aren't sure where he is but he MAY be at his Mom's in Big Spring.

I wonder if the decrease in manpower is giving SA a little leeway. I hope not.

debirlfan
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Since we have nothing except she left the house at 3pm and didn't make it across the street to dads. The ONLY option if Shawn is not involved is, that someone drove up and silently stole the child, right outside his home.

No evidence of a strange car, loiterer, scuffle, childs screams, etc has been reported.

Actually - remote as it may be, I think the possibility also has to be considered that she went somewhere willingly. If she went willingly (either pre-arranged or because someone she knew offered her a lift) then there would have been no scuffle or screaming.

gngr~snap
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM
So, Brad Dennis, from the KlaasKids Foundation flew home to Florida today, and The Laura Recovery Representatives leave tomorrow, and it looks as if the FBI is also withdrawing from Hailey's Case....I can't help but feel that this is sad news, and even the numbers here on WS are starting to dwindle.....Where is Hailey? :(

When the experts start walking away IMO IT'S clear that uncooperative parents/significant others... have the answers and they would rather spend their time and energy looking for children that are truly missing. ie. Caylee Anthony. She was NEVER missing. She was murdered. Hope that doesn't sound too rude. I cant find the right words. Poor Clint!

Tainted Angel
01-22-2011, 11:19 PM

No. You do not have to leave a copy of the affidavit. Usually a copy of the warrant with the Return (lists information about the warrant being executed) is filled out and left, as well as an inventory of what was taken/seized.

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 11:20 PM

Remember that the cell phone pings do NOT place SA IN THE HOUSE...merely in CCity.

Quiche
01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
"withhold info" can also mean "forget" IF you are stressed out.
"lie" can also mean "forget" IF you are stressed out.
BD is stressed out. A lot more stressed out than anyone here, I should think.

And saying she is lying about everything but then saying "well, I'm not saying she did anything!" is pretty lame. If you think she did it, be honest and say so. Don't be sneaky about it.

Accessory After the Fact, mo

define:accessory after the fact - Google Search

debirlfan

czgtz

If the police are playing this close to the vest - keep in mind that technically, a CALL is not the same as a TEXT. LE said they didn't find any CALLS.

PaulR
When the experts start walking away IMO IT'S clear that uncooperative parents/significant others... have the answers and they would rather spend their time and energy looking for children that are trulu missing. ie. Caylee Anthony. She was NEVER missing. She was murdered. Hope that doesn't sound too rude. I cant fikd the right words. Poor Clint!

Wait - if you were working for a kids recovery organization, you'd walk away from assisting a helpless child because you thought the parents weren't being cooperative enough for you?

Or are you saying that is how those two groups are organized?

Because I kind of doubt that...

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
"withhold info" can also mean "forget" IF you are stressed out.
"lie" can also mean "forget" IF you are stressed out.
BD is stressed out. A lot more stressed out than anyone here, I should think.

And saying she is lying about everything but then saying "well, I'm not saying she did anything!" is pretty lame. If you think she did it, be honest and say so. Don't be sneaky about it.

She lied about buying drugs..she's deflected on anything that has been asked..She has shown more concern for SA than for Hailey...We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm not saying she murdered her daughter, I am saying that for some reason she LIED to LE and that's not usually what an innocent parent does..unless they were a party to the crime and that could include everything up to covering up for someone else...nothing sneaky about it.. Just call me Dr Seuss, cuz I mean what I say and I say what I mean..what's your excuse..I mean theory?

JenRen
01-22-2011, 11:23 PM

I believe a lot of her demeanor on television has quite a bit to do with the Ativan she is on. As I've mentioned before from my own experience, it makes you completely out of it, and YES, you forget a lot of details. I also think she's a nervous wreck and the stress is taking its toll on her.

SuziQ
01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
My thoughts also.. Just wondering If she is using the Ativan and other pain meds as an excuse to not take the LDT..Just my thoughts on the subject.

My thoughts too. They kept taking them. The barstool type of advice is that you can pass a poly by taking a little than larger dose of anti anxiety meds like Ativan. That actually has some truth to it. And if you end up failing that can also be your excuse for failing.

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Accessory After the Fact, mo

define:accessory after the fact - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=BdW&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&defl=en&q=define:accessory+after+the+fact&sa=X&ei=PZ47TbqjMo6CsQP7gpnjAw&ved=0CBcQkAE)

Maybe reading back a few threads could be enlightening no matter what ones POV, huh?

camcneishg
01-22-2011, 11:25 PM
The other day someone was posting about a couch in the back of a truck at the gma's house, and was looking for a photo of it....could anyone tell me if this photo was ever found? If this was discussed already, I apologize....thanks so much...I have been at work and when I left we were on thread 36 or 37

Kimster
01-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Tone it down. :nono:

Disagree? Sure. But be respectful at the same time. This is not directed to just one poster in here.

my_tee_mouse
01-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Excellent question!

LadeeNTexas
EE was originally listed as a runaway from Lubbock also. Today there's been an arrest in her case and she's been reclassifed to kidnapped. I think possibly LE jumps to the conclusion of "runaway" to often in these cases and loses precious time when they could actually make a difference in the outcome.

I am bothered that they don't sound sure where SA is at all. With them adding aerial searches today sounds like he's putting distance between him and searchers. I doubt his Mom's is as remote and easily watched as his grandmothers in Dunn were.

I do feel like this case is going to go cold and that breaks my heart. Hailey needs to be found and brought home. She deserves that.

noneareworthy

..and because of these "little" untruths, you may (or may not) disregard everything she says. It's a dangerous game to play when your child's life is at stake.

PaulR
01-22-2011, 11:27 PM
She lied about buying drugs..she's deflected on anything that has been asked..She has shown more concern for SA than for Hailey...We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm not saying she murdered her daughter, I am saying that for some reason she LIED to LE and that's not usually what an innocent parent does..unless they were a party to the crime and that could include covering up for someone else..m.nothing sneaky about it.. Just call me Dr Seuss, cuz I mean what I say and I say what I mean..what's your excuse..I mean theory?

1) Of course she's going to "lie" about buying drugs. First because of the legal issues, and second because she thought it didn't have anything to do with her missing kid.
2) "Shown more concern for SA..." I'm not seeing that. She seems to be pretty involved in trying to find out what happened to Hailey. Maybe this is in your opinion.
3) Innocent people lie to the police all the time, for lots of reasons. Innocent people have even confessed to murder.
4) "She lied about X, therefore she must be involved in the murder of her kid" is pretty tortured logic. Seriously, how many threads are there on WS where someone involved in a missing persons' case "lied" to the police about something and ended up having nothing to do with the crime?

strach304
01-22-2011, 11:28 PM
this is just how I feel but you explained it so much better than I could. I have no idea if we are right but that is my perception of her.

ETA I also think she was scared to death for the drug stuff and the stuff about to come out (like it did) and ruin her work life. It is done now so IMO she should stop with the excuses

I pointed out some time ago here that she also has DD to worry about and her job. In BD's mind she told LE the truth (she didn't count on it going public) and that's what was important. Then she's put on the spot by NG about drugs and threats to her, etc. Sure enough CPS investigates. After all the criticism LE got on this case in the beginning especially from NG and MK they were more than glad to turn the focus around. LE has clearly stated there are other POI's but has not named anyone but SA. I think all Billie wants is for people to not just focus on him because there are other possibilities and she's right. I'm not denying and I don't see where she is either that he is a good suspect. But Hailey is still gone.

Adrienne37
01-22-2011, 11:29 PM
All I have to say at this point is thank God she can't nurse any longer. I sure wouldn't want to know my loved one had to be treated by this woman.

~JMO~

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
We've also seen cases where the adults have lied to the police about "little things" and the child is still missing...

TxJan1971
01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
In the affidavit -- it states they removed evidence:

1) a 2 GB USB memory stick found in BD's bedroom dresser (Bottom right hand drawer) and
2) a Memorex CD-R found in BD's bedroom on an entertainment stand "behind" numerous DVD's movies. I'd love to know if they found any "evidence" on those... Have we heard anything more about this "evidence" taken?

See #4 .... and #4a and #4b

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images/Multi_Media/bigcountryhomepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/Affidavit%20.PDF

SailorMoon
01-22-2011, 11:31 PM

We know about Shawn going to work for 5 minutes and then leaving on Monday . . .

Billie went to work on Monday, and work on Tuesday morning, leaving there to go the police station.

Do we know if any of her co-workers/supervisors noticed anything strange with Billie on Monday and Tuesday ?

Anything going on between Billie and Shawn like excessive phone calls, maybe BJ said something to someone there ? about Shawn ? about Hailey ?

I don't recall this but maybe something has been reported about Billie at work on those two days. Just wondering . . .

This thread is moving so fast . . . it's like a marathon trying to keep up.

I hope they find Hailey soon.!

Now...the part in red above has always bothered me. Let me see if I have this straight. And please don't think I'm a bad mom. Billie had DD text the friend and tell Hailey it was time to come home. DD finds out that Hailey was never there. While I would be freaking out....and Billie may have done this for all I know- I would probably finish my shift - get home and then start phoning friends, looking and contacting everyone I knew - then I would go to the police. I would go to the police within an hour or 2, but did Billie look for her at all -- or just go to the police??? Like she knew Hailey wouldn't be found and was really missing right away......I don't know --- that has made me wonder.

Lanie
01-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Lanie, I couldn't believe it when she tried to duck and dodge NG on that...THAT is a perfect example of what I mean though.. WHY do you play word games at a time like this..If she is talking/texting SA...so be it..but if she has and she really doesn't know what happened to Hailey..I can't think of one good reason why she wouldn't/hasn't ask him about the details...

Sadly, I have had way too many people in my life who play these word games, and in the end it never turns out to be confusion, or being 'slow', it always ends up being covering up for something, aka lying. I'm just hopeful this is a case of Billie having info from LE they have told her to not give up on NG, no matter what, but IMO, that's not very likely.

JenRen
01-22-2011, 11:32 PM
She lied about buying drugs..she's deflected on anything that has been asked..She has shown more concern for SA than for Hailey...We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm not saying she murdered her daughter, I am saying that for some reason she LIED to LE and that's not usually what an innocent parent does..unless they were a party to the crime and that could include everything up to covering up for someone else...nothing sneaky about it.. Just call me Dr Seuss, cuz I mean what I say and I say what I mean..what's your excuse..I mean theory?

She didn't lie to LE about the drugs, she readily admitted it IIRC.

msteach
01-22-2011, 11:33 PM

Not judging CZ...she only knows what she has been told. As my dad always used to say...we just need to "consider the source" (and I'm not talking cz here...talking BD, of course).

Can you say deflection? BD is the one who allegedly turned the earrings into LE, right?

Then, again, she hadn't seen her daughter for a few days, so makes it hard for me to believe she knew what she was actually wearing.

shefner
01-22-2011, 11:34 PM
BD had great communication skills when she needs to have them and her vocabulary is very good. She has a few dings in her dialect, related to her region.

I truly believe BD is being evasive in many of her longer interviews. She looks away and to the right quite a bit...she hesitates momentarily as she is gathering her response. She talks in circles when she wishes to confuse the interviewer....and she has another skill that most "guilty" people seem to possess: The ability to stop short. Yes or no answers with no explanation, or minimal explanation, takes a tremendous amount of control. Its the kind of control most distraught people can't maintain. And control dominates her demeanor....in all this time, we have never seen her break-down. Shed some tears? A few, yes. Break? No.

Is BD calculating? No. Evasive? Yes.

Another red flag? Absolutely no pleading. No begging...no agonizing yearning.

debirlfan
01-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Also possible that police told her not to talk about certain things - and she's trying to keep straight in her head what she can and can't talk about - and evade the stuff she can't. Which would be even harder -if- she does have a drug problem and is either medicated or withdrawing.

gngr~snap
01-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Wait - if you were working for a kids recovery organization, you'd walk away from assisting a helpless child because you thought the parents weren't being cooperative enough for you?

Would I walk away? Personally... NO WAY! but the FBI? They have all the information that we do not. If they are walking away, they know it's a recovery at this point
I HOPE I'M WRONG!!!
MOO

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Actually - remote as it may be, I think the possibility also has to be considered that she went somewhere willingly. If she went willingly (either pre-arranged or because someone she knew offered her a lift) then there would have been no scuffle or screaming.

No. We only know that she was last seen by someone other than BD and SA (by the brother) at 9 PM Sunday night.

Aedrys
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
1) Of course she's going to "lie" about buying drugs. First because of the legal issues, and second because she thought it didn't have anything to do with her missing kid.
2) "Shown more concern for SA..." I'm not seeing that. She seems to be pretty involved in trying to find out what happened to Hailey. Maybe this is in your opinion.
3) Innocent people lie to the police all the time, for lots of reasons. Innocent people have even confessed to murder.
4) "She lied about X, therefore she must be involved in the murder of her kid" is pretty tortured logic. Seriously, how many threads are there on WS where someone involved in a missing persons' case "lied" to the police about something and ended up having nothing to do with the crime?

Everybody Lies,
Everybody Dies

I've heard that before in another case, and the person who wrote is facing the death penalty for murdering her two year old toddler. I am just about sick of hearing that just because people lie doesn't mean they're guilty. More often than not, they are guilty of something. Now whether she was involved in the death of her child is still in question for me, but I am not okay with her lying about anything when her own flesh and blood child is out there, lost and alone, no way to help herself.

That protecting SA is more important to her than finding her child is very telling. And it is more important to her. If it wasn't, she wouldn't keep lying about everything. Liars are not to be trusted. If she wants anyone to believe she's innocent, she needs to stop lying. There is no good reason to ever lie, and there is no good reason to ever just gloss over it like lying is nothing to be upset about. I've seen too many cases where the liars were proven to be the very people that committed the crime. I don't want to believe that here, but she keeps lying. Why? What possible reason could there be that's more important than her own child's life to lie?

P.S. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right or something she should be doing. Her daughter is missing and presumed dead. Finding her daughter should be her top priority here. Lying has no place in an investigation when a life is at stake, no place at all.

Respectfully, this is all IMO.

sreshowtime
01-22-2011, 11:39 PM

czgtz

whoa, wait- but, but.... what phone did DD use to text MB to tell HD to come home, on that Tuesday???
Wouldn't he have used the house phone?? And have called/texted on MB's??

ohh now I am confused on something else

SuziQ
01-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Its not that BD lies. She deflects, she circles, she omits.

That exchange posted above with NG (the pulling tooth exchange) - BD just goes in circles.
Have you asked him?
No.
Why not?
He texts.
Ok, have you texted him?
No.
Why not?
Because I call over there.

Circle, circle circle.

The drug buy was another one. NG tried to keep on her about buying drugs and she finally said "I'm not going to talk about that - or - I don't want to talk about that". We never heard BD say she bought drugs. She never answered the question.

Regardless of how smart BD is - she is a manipulator.

think about this:
How many parents of missing children have you seen go on Nancy Grace and tell the nation that they failed the polygraph and there bf failed 2 and walked out on the 3rd and they were the ones LE are looking at for this - AND YOU BELIEVED THEM? The nation believed her. They stood behind her. That big bad LE - they shouldn't have done those things. C'mon. She's good, I'll give her that.

IMO, Billie is dumb like a fox and a manipulator. She thought she'd be able to manipulate NG and her viewers. When that failed she grabbed her toys and went home to pout.

strach304
I believe a lot of her demeanor on television has quite a bit to do with the Ativan she is on. As I've mentioned before from my own experience, it makes you completely out of it, and YES, you forget a lot of details. I also think she's a nervous wreck and the stress is taking its toll on her.

Do you think it would have an affect on her memory as well? Is confusion a side affect? I know I take depakote and I have really bad lapses sometimes from that. I thought it was ativan they inject me with in the ER to bring me out of seizures and it knocks me right out and it takes me days to come back around. I moved to a different state and didn't remember anything about that night while I was on that drug.

peeples
Also possible that police told her not to talk about certain things - and she's trying to keep straight in her head what she can and can't talk about - and evade the stuff she can't. Which would be even harder -if- she does have a drug problem and is either medicated or withdrawing.

So all she has to say is NG I've been advised not to talk about those details at this time.

Pink Panther
01-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Does no one else find it incredible that Hailey has been missing for almost a month and still we know NOTHING about HER? We know all sorts of things about her mother and boyfriend and ex-husband but can anyone name a favorite friend/best friend of Hailey's???

Hey Billie! Who is your daughter? What does she do? What does she like? How does she behave? What makes her happy? What makes her sad?

I cannot get even the slightest sense of who she is. Even after a month of her whole family (left and right divorced or not) talking about her!

My heart goes out to her!

ETA - Unfortunately, and I do hope that I'm proven wrong, I no longer believe that Hailey is with us. Even if those who were entrusted with her care turn out not to be directly responsible for her demise, I cannot help but wonder what kind of life this child was living! Shame on the whole sorry bunch! Child protection "services" should be taking a look at all children involved here (BD and CD and his "girlfriend"). What a life these children have to adapt to! MOO

amysmom
01-22-2011, 11:42 PM

I said something very similar on the last thread..I also think she's no match for NG who more or less demands an immediate response..If she doesn't get it she just cuts her off & moves on which isn't helping someone like BD..There's many xs it's obvious to me she doesn't even understand the Q.

My guess is the same goes for her dealing with LE for all the reasons you stated above & a few more like she's intimidated, nervous, & possibly over-medicated.

Knox
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
When you tell the truth you don't have to *remember*!!!

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM

As I said..we can agree to disagree..and I do disagree with your whole post..we see things differently and that's fine by me. I'm not trying to change your mind in any way...but let me say, I do know extreme stress and what it can do..I've experienced it firsthand in my life, many times..I walked into my baby son's room one morning in 1974 and found him in his crib having died in the wee hours of the morning of SIDS. He was one week shy of 11 months old and I was only 17..Guess what? I did not lie about anything..WHY you ask? because my son was dead and NOTHING ELSE MATTERED..so call me jaded..but I will not find some way to justify or make excuses for every stupid thing BD has said or done. I won't do it..you go right ahead if you are so inclined..Unlike BD, I want to know where Hailey is...

Pondering Mind
01-22-2011, 11:45 PM
When you tell the truth you don't have to *remember*!!!

and those are words to live by! It does makes life so much simpler..

Knox
01-22-2011, 11:45 PM
does no one else find it incredible that hailey has been missing for almost a month and still we know nothing about her? We know all sorts of things about her mother and boyfriend and ex-husband but can anyone name a favorite friend/best friend of hailey's???

hey billie! Who is your daughter? What does she do? What does she like? How does she behave? What makes her happy? What makes her sad?

I cannot get even the slightest sense of who she is. Even after a month of her whole family (left and right divorced or not) talking about her!

my heart goes out to her!

ita!!

JenRen
01-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Do you think it would have an affect on her memory as well? Is confusion a side affect? I know I take depakote and I have really bad lapses sometimes from that. I thought it was ativan they inject me with in the ER to bring me out of seizures and it knocks me right out and it takes me days to come back around. I moved to a different state and didn't remember anything about that night while I was on that drug.

I haven't been on it for an extended amount of time, it was only a week. I do not remember that week.

I was really out of it on those things. I didn't like it. It's like your body moves around, but you don't know why you are moving, much less care about why you are moving. You are just there....

I really don't know how to explain it.

cluciano63
01-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I'd be surprised if LE is sharing details with Billie at this point, as she may be one of the people they consider to be a POI and she wasn't able to pass a polygraph, apparently.

noneareworthy
01-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Compare BD to little Juliani Cardenas' mother:::Tabitha moves between extreme grief to anger to a "quiet anger."

Now compare BD to ...say...Scott Peterson. Casey Anthony (who, yes, I know, is not convicted of anything). Lies. Dab dab with the tissue though no real emotion is ever shown.....

For The Kids
01-22-2011, 11:49 PM

The problem is unfortunately theres a lot of kids missing and these two organisations dont have the resources to help everyone and so have to make hard decisions. Do they help the families where they believe they are being told the truth to..or the families that seem more worried about sticking up for the bf who is a suspect than helping to find a missing young girl??

belimom
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM

The article from our news partner includes the line, "officials said he was recently staying with his grandmother in Dunn. However, officials feel he may be in Big Spring at his mother’s home."

shefner
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Now...the part in red above has always bothered me. Let me see if I have this straight. And please don't think I'm a bad mom. Billie had DD text the friend and tell Hailey it was time to come home. DD finds out that Hailey was never there. While I would be freaking out....and Billie may have done this for all I know- I would probably finish my shift - get home and then start phoning friends, looking and contacting everyone I knew - then I would go to the police. I would go to the police within an hour or 2, but did Billie look for her at all -- or just go to the police??? Like she knew Hailey wouldn't be found and was really missing right away......I don't know --- that has made me wonder.

Good point....my son was a little older than Hailey and was missing for about 10 hours before we contacted LE. Why? We kept thinking he would come home. We traced and re-traced every road out of town...spent several hours calling every friend we could think of. He had never been gone so long before...and he wasn't answering his cell phone. Still we waited to call LE because we just knew he was coming home....

but he didn't.

I also worked my son's case with LE...personally talking the cell company into giving me records they weren't supposed to give me, thereby finding a 2 minute phone call with a friend who had repeatedly denied speaking with him. It was our son's only outgoing phone call while missing. The friend was hours away on vacation with her parents....and only broke into a confession when LE told her they were sending over investigators to the resort where her family was staying. The resulting information didn't really break the case, but let us know that our was still alive hours after going missing.

Pink Panther
01-22-2011, 11:52 PM

"Officials" don't know where he is? Either they're dumb-azz stoopid or this is mis-reported. I hope for the latter.

alwaysonmymind
01-22-2011, 11:53 PM
The other day someone was posting about a couch in the back of a truck at the gma's house, and was looking for a photo of it....could anyone tell me if this photo was ever found? If this was discussed already, I apologize....thanks so much...I have been at work and when I left we were on thread 36 or 37

Hey cam, that was me. I did not have a link or all the details but redcat confirms the couches that were in the home when Hailey disappeared are gone.

from redcat:
You are correct....I believe someone gave them a newer sofa...the old ones were out in that broken down truck in the front yard...I would hope LE looked at them, but I believe they were hauled off to the dump.

and:
No it's not a rumor. A friend of mine arranged to have them hauled off and the next day they were gone...they had been in the back of the truck for 2 days.

I really have a bad feeling about those couches.

jmo

Lanie
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM

I agree with you on #1. The affidavit said she bought drugs, so apparently she told LE that, therefore, I don't give a rat's behind what she tells NG.

#2. It is DEFINITELY my opinion she has shown more concern about Shawn.

#3. Innocent people also tell the truth to LE all the time. In this forum, for every case you find like this one, where the parent(s) and/or SO's of parent(s) have been scrutinized to the degree BD and SA have, you will find at least 5 cases where the same group of people appear to have been barely looked at. IMO, there is a reason for that.

#4. I am still at the stage where I don't think BD was involved, but it's getting more difficult to justify it. I agree someone lying about one thing doesn't make them a murderer, however, if someone lies enough, and lies about stuff they shouldn't be lying about, IMO, that looks suspicious.

I care about what has happened to this child, so I want to know why things are playing out as they have. I want to know why Billie would lie to LE about Shawn threatening anyone, and downplay it, when Shawn was the last to see Hailey, according to Shawn, and if I want to know that, I can't understand why Hailey's mother would not want to know why Shawn lied about where he was during crucial times when Hailey went missing enough to even ask him.

belimom
01-22-2011, 11:55 PM

I searched some more, and in addition to czgtz's post that I referred to earlier, there's also mention of it on NG:

GRACE: And Jean Casarez, that`s not all because the girlfriend, when originally asked, Clint Dunn`s girlfriend, Has Hailey been over there, she originally said, Yes, she came over. And then, I don`t know how much time passed, a couple of days, she goes, Oh, no, I was mistaken. She wasn`t here.

debirlfan
01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
In the affidavit -- it states they removed evidence:

1) a 2 GB USB memory stick found in BD's bedroom dresser (Bottom right hand drawer) and
2) a Memorex CD-R found in BD's bedroom on an entertainment stand "behind" numerous DVD's movies. I'd love to know if they found any "evidence" on those... Have we heard anything more about this "evidence" taken?

I don't know what might or might not have been found on these, but if the implication is that they were "hidden" - then perhaps LE would like to come over and find my 2gb flash drive (I've got no clue where that is) or sort out the dozens of piles of CDs/DVDs that are sitting around here. :)

concernedmother
01-22-2011, 11:58 PM
How sad. I just read on fb on HFHD that one of the Hailey Angels searchers passed away today. God bless this woman and her family. :(

camcneishg
01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey cam, that was me. I did not have a link or all the details but redcat confirms the couches that were in the home when Hailey disappeared are gone.

from redcat:
You are correct....I believe someone gave them a newer sofa...the old ones were out in that broken down truck in the front yard...I would hope LE looked at them, but I believe they were hauled off to the dump.

and:
No it's not a rumor. A friend of mine arranged to have them hauled off and the next day they were gone...they had been in the back of the truck for 2 days.

I really have a bad feeling about those couches.

jmo
Thanks so much for the response! I pray that LE are looking at those couches....maybe this is what the dogs hit on at the dump? Maybe BD was taken there to verify the couches?? just guessing here....this case is really something.....

katiemadonna
01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Compare BD to little Juliani Cardenas' mother:::Tabitha moves between extreme grief to anger to a "quiet anger."

Now compare BD to ...say...Scott Peterson. Casey Anthony (who, yes, I know, is not convicted of anything). Lies. Dab dab with the tissue though no real emotion is ever shown.....

Juliani's mother knows who has her son and who to direct her anger and grief towards. IMO it is very different