PDA

View Full Version : Q & A for LOCALS ***NO DISCUSSIONS***

Kimster
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
This thread is for asking our dear locals questions about the area and things of that nature.

The intent here is to ask a question and the locals can answer it. If it leads to a new topic, open a new thread please. :tyou:

noneareworthy
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
What is the general "feel" among the locals? Do they think something bad has happened? Do they think HD ran away? Did they recognize there are some dysfunctional people in her life or do they think the D's and A's are OK people?

passionflower
02-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Does anyone see SA/BD any where?
Doing normal things like grocery shop?
Are they hiding in their houses?

passionflower
02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
How safe do you feel with all these mystery men? SA? BD? all still free among you?

Kimster
02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
LOCALS: You don't have to be verified to answer in this thread unless you have inside information.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions on what you can post here. :hug:

Texasmom
02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes, we think something bad happened,,, yes we think the family is dysfunctional,,

Pondering Mind
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm just curious if people are divided in their thinking or are most of the same belief of who may be have done this? (as far as 'the word in the 'hood' goes)

passionflower
02-09-2011, 07:58 PM
How are the children in school handling all of this?
Are they afraid?

passionflower
02-09-2011, 08:09 PM
O/T alittle, with all the drugs being videoed and talked about around Hailey.
Do the locals feel that allot of peole will be arrested on drug charges???
Is there a big drug problem in CCity??? and areas being talked about?
TIA

Pondering Mind
02-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Wondering if any locals know if Shawn's ex workplace (can't remember the name of it) has security cameras or not?

Texasmom
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I must have missed the link discussing the drugs,,,,,,,, As I said before, I live in Snyder,, so I cannot talk about people from CCity. But I can tell you there are Hailey's posters in the schools, stores, and cars.. I feel there is a drug problem in both towns, I haven't been getting on here everyday, because it is simply too draining for me. I cannot talk for everyone else but I can tell you my feelings. The facts are right in front of us,,,,, when Hailey first went missing, I cried for everyone involved, Hailey, her mom, her dad, her family,,, when the facts started leaking out, anger replaced my tears, and only tears for Hailey, her brother, and her dad,

Texasmom
02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I can only talk about how my children feel,,, They have lost their innocence of living in a small town, where they never worried about talking to a stranger,,,,now,,, they look at me to see if it is okay if they answer a stranger who asked them a question,,,,,,, they are more aware of their surroundings when playing in the front yard. It has been over a month since Hailey went missing and I can now at least go inside my house with my children outside,,,,,,,, but I am still looking out a window every 2=3 minutes,,,,,,,,All I can do is hope and pray for is that the LE have some evidence in this case, and if I am wrong in believing Shawn and Billie did this,,, then I am so sorry in thinking that/ All I can do is by what I see in front of me,,,,,,,

gngr~snap
02-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I read there are less than 100 8th graders at HD's school
Does this sound correct?

pms
02-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know of how BD was acting at work on the 27th and 28th? Was it just a normal BD at work or a preoccupied BD at work?

honeybun1807
02-12-2011, 11:17 AM
I would like to know how much time Hailey spent alone? It has seemed to me that she was a little girl left alone alot and I am thinking locals would pick up on that pretty quickly. The doors were unlocked..per Billie's statement and the window was broken.

Could somebody have come into the home after SA and BD left for work that morning?

I believe she lived pretty close to a project where out of towners might have been visiting during the holiday season. That project, with the back doors facing the route Hailey took to Clints, would be a place she could have been snatched.

Surely there are some Colorado City people here to bring us up to date.

Thank you in advance.

passionflower
02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
What do locals think about what happened to Hailey?

Are locals afraid to speak out??

Do we have any locals here?

captdj
02-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I was watching Pyschic kids the other night and two young pyschic children was helping with a missing person case and working with a PI for the family and both got some many things correct surprisingly...

The girl was named Santana (I think) and they showed her home...She lives in BIG SPRING TEXAS...

Wondering is any local knows her...she looked about Haileys age or a few years older..

sorrell skye
02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm wondering about traffic cams on I-20.

Also - any info on traffic cams in Snyder, Dunn, C-City, & Big Spring, or surrounding areas of any of these towns?

TIA!

sreshowtime
02-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm wondering about traffic cams on I-20.

Also - any info on traffic cams in Snyder, Dunn, C-City, & Big Spring, or surrounding areas of any of these towns?

TIA!
I checked on this before and IMO there is a serious lack of cameras along I -20. Seems they have them in the larger city areas.

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/travel/traffic_cameras.htm

passionflower
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Dear Locals, is the FBI/SS or any high ranking LE around?
Big media shows? like Nancy Grace?
Do you trust your local LE?
What's happening around BD house???

everyoneneedsavoice
02-22-2011, 03:22 AM
I would like to know how the locals feel about Hailey's Angels ending their searches after the appreciation dinner?

Also, did any of our locals attend the dinner and if so, would you mind sharing your thoughts / opinions?

TIA

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

passionflower
02-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Do the locals think SA and BD did something to Hailey together?

Does anyone know why or what LE was looking in landfill?

Did they find anything imortant?

passionflower
02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Dear Locals, can you tell us about CCity?
How big is your city?
Is it a close knit community?
Does everyone know each other?
Do you have trouble with strangers?
Do you have 'cults', like SA/BD might belong to?
Are you afaid for your children's safety?
Why do you think LE is beefing up security?
What is your take on all of this?
Is CCity back to normal? or has it been changed forever?

sgale
02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I grew up in Snyder, daughter went to HS w/ SA, family still lives in Snyder. We went down last week to get information my daughter needed for graduate school and we drove by SA's GMa's house and it looks like they've put foil up on the inside of the living room windows, perhaps to keep people from looking in? I know it wasn't there before last weekend. Other than that, it was pretty quiet. My daughter told me that cult activity wasn't an issue back when she was in hs- she graduated 2002, SA was class of 2003 but at that time there wasn't really any gossip about it but then again, that isn't something talked about. In regards to H's 8th grade class in CCity being under 100, that isn't uncommon. CCity is smaller than Snyder and my daughter's graduating class was around 150..mine in 79 was about that size too. BD's home is right by the old hospital-where I worked at in the 80's and it's actually quite a distance off the interstate. It's a good 6-8 blocks away from the service road..the same service road used by the prisons. If some stranger was to come in off I-20, I wouldn't think they would actually go down a residential section unless it was within a block from the service road. IMO it's just too much of a jaunt down into town for that. We drove by last weekend and it was all quiet around-except down close to the meat packing place (we picked up some steaks) and that was only lively because of Klass Kids meeting in the place they've been using as HQ. Okay, where SA was working- WSI- I think we saw a few exterior cameras as we drove past going to my brother's home. Not much more information on that. As far as LE- we've only had one issue with Scurry Co Sherrif Deputy- he had some blown out of proportion story of my daughter speeding (wasn't true, esp on the CO. Rd she was driving on-most colorful story he concocted BTW) and would make up "reasons" to pull her over...and when I called the S. Office, he wasn't even supposed to be out in the area of the county where we lived the 5 times he had pulled my daughter over on bogus stops-we took the issue to the Sherrif and that was handled swiftly and we were satisfied-he was dismissed and we never saw him around after that. Trust in them- they may seem "hick" but they aren't stupid or backwards. As far as people not talking-there's a reason. Some of CD's associations, which in turn links BD-could be a reason to not talk much. The folks I know and still talk to say general consensus is SA did it, BD involved. That's just opinions of my friends, family and people they know of's opinion...not like inside information. Heck when my daughter, her husband and myself watched the initial NG coverage, my daughter was like boyfriend did it-that was before we found out who the boyfriend was. That was only discovered after searching through interviews posted online. She actually found the bf's name on one of the FB pages, said how many SA's would be runnin' around Snyder and I found the vids and her actual words were "OMG it's that weird S kid!" I asked her and she told me about his very flirtatious behavior a couple of times towards her and after and hour or so, he would flip and act like she was repulsive. She also said a few other things and said the rest of it was gut feeling.

curiousc
02-26-2011, 11:51 PM
There is a Western Suites over in the area where BD lives. Now BD has said that Hailey would go there to access the WiFi.

Can someone tell me if this hotel does in fact have free WiFi as I just read somewhere that they do not have WiFi at all and that they only have ethernet connections in each room.

passionflower
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
How is CCity dealing with te huge fire?
That is so sad.

passionflower
03-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know if BD has an insurance policy on Hailey?

katydid23
03-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I have a question for the locals. Does the local high school expect their students to use a computer to write their term papers on, and to use for research? Do most students have access to a family computer?
I know my kids school relied heavily upon computer skills.

Soulmagent
03-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Why hasnt the media spoken to someone who knows what is going on with the case?

gnreed
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I have contacted two TV news stations in Abilene and asked why local citizens are calling LE or the DA's office and receiving information and the media refuses to do so.

missy1974
03-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I have contacted two TV news stations in Abilene and asked why local citizens are calling LE or the DA's office and receiving information and the media refuses to do so.

Are you waiting for an answer? or what did they say? Thanks :)

gnreed
03-16-2011, 12:49 PM
They both requested my phone number and said they would have someone return my call.

nainebug
03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I have a question for the locals. Does the local high school expect their students to use a computer to write their term papers on, and to use for research? Do most students have access to a family computer?
I know my kids school relied heavily upon computer skills.

I am from Big Spring.... I know the high schools here do have laptops that are checked out to the students at the beginning of each year.... they are for all the things you listed..... Even my elementary school son has been using puters and going to a weekly lab since kindergarten.... the local schools all seem to be expecting their students to use computers almost daily..... and almost everyone has access to computers at home, at friends, or at the library for free.

passionflower
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Have the local LE give out any warnings on protecting children from strangers?

does the local people feel it was a family crime??

nainebug
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Have the local LE give out any warnings on protecting children from strangers?

does the local people feel it was a family crime??

I have not heard any warnings. And I haven't heard a lot of opinions.... but the few I have heard were in reference to SA.... And for the most part you see kids roaming the streets just as they always have.

passionflower
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if Grand Jury will still meet on Thursday as rumored???

Soulmagent
03-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Has any local heard why LE randomly drove K-9's arround to 6 different motels?

sreshowtime
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Any locals reading on here know about Lake Colorado City?? Is it mostly summer type residents?? Or are there many that live there year round?

Does this lake and its surrounding homes/cabins have a reputation as a good wholesome place for families, or is there any reputation as it being Party Central, any thing goes?

ALSO- which parts of Colorado City have a reputation as the hot spot for drug sales/usage? What areas, if any, do residents know to stay away from unless they are up to no good?

Where do cautious parents warn their kids to stay away from?