PDA

View Full Version : How Did LE Clear BD?

Salem
02-08-2011, 01:44 AM
I would like to know just what that "cleared" means? LE has never said she took another poly or that she returned to the police station to clear up the discrepancies in her 1st poly. So... on what grounds did LE clear her?

So how did LE work out the discrepancies and "clear" BD?

Salem

Wise Old Owl
02-08-2011, 01:46 AM
I would like to know just what that "cleared" means? LE has never said she took another poly or that she returned to the police station to clear up the discrepancies in her 1st poly. So... on what grounds did LE clear her?

So how did LE work out the discrepancies and "clear" BD?

Salem
I don't remember LE saying she is "cleared" - I thought it said that she was "ruled out" as a POI.

Salem
02-08-2011, 01:57 AM
You could be right - I don't remember the exact language. But - they didn't say why they ruled her out.

I just thought it was so odd after LE came out so strong and said her poly showed deceit and that she walked out on the followup questioning.

So why or how did LE rule her out? Did she go back for more questioning?

Salem

cluciano63
02-08-2011, 02:14 AM
I think the wording included "in the disappearance of her daughter". Maybe she is not ruled out completely, as far as possible other factors, obstruction, etc? I am just guessing.

Caligram
02-08-2011, 03:36 AM
I think that LE left the door open by saying that they wouldn't name any other POI while still conducting their investigation.

gngr~snap
02-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Video school gave to LE... I can't add to my last post but here ya go!

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334946

Velouria
02-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Salem, since I have seen it worded several different ways - ruled out, cleared, is not a person of interest - all without a direct quote, I personally don't believe she has been cleared, but rather is not currently classified as a POI.

Penelope
02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
It is my opinion that she is still a POI. LE knows what they are doing and are watching all the players very closely -- MOO.

Locals -- do not give up the search because you don't believe or agree with BD. Hailey must be found to bring those who hurt her to justice. The search must be stepped up.

crimejunkie
02-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I think LE wants everyone to feel very "comfortable." To me, they started releasing tidbits of information to imply they were backing off of SA and BD. For instance, they stated they were no longer watching SA anymore and then a few days later they state that BD is "ruled out." We've seen this in other cases before where LE says someone is not a suspect or POI (reminds me of Scott Peterson) and they state they are not monitoring, but in reality they are listening and watching everything. I think LE wants everyone to feel as if LE is looking in another direction at this point and hoping for loose lips or a trip to a burial spot or something else that may open another door for LE.

TXHOPE
02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I think LE meant what they said-she has been ruled out. She is not a POI. She is not part of Hailey's disappearance and in my opinion the only thing she is guilty of is believing and trusting in her boyfriend that he didn't have anything to do with this. That is not a crime only in the court of public opinion.

Kamille
02-08-2011, 09:02 AM
I think LE meant what they said-she has been ruled out. She is not a POI. She is not part of Hailey's disappearance and in my opinion the only thing she is guilty of is believing and trusting in her boyfriend that he didn't have anything to do with this. That is not a crime only in the court of public opinion.

It is when you believe so much in that person that you are willing to lie about things to help them out and try to put them in a better light. It's obstruction of justice IMO.

impatientredhead
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't know how they can really clear anyone of anything since they don't know what has happened. If it is true that there is one full time detective working this case and that is it, that is a major problem.

Building this type of case takes a ton of work, and some cross checking, you don't hang your whole investigation on a single person. I am hoping that is misinformation like so much of this case.

impatientredhead
02-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't remember LE saying she is "cleared" - I thought it said that she was "ruled out" as a POI.

A very poorly worded and punctuated article in the local paper said she was no longer a POI. It was readable in two ways, that BD said PK said she was no longer a POI, or that PK said it.

It was so maddening that I contacted the paper and they responded back (after I had to reword my question a couple of times to get a direct and specific answer) that they spoke to PK by phone the day of the article and it was a direct quote from PK.

Same guy who made a statement about a CPS case when everyone in the world knows DD has a right to privacy and his case should not be discussed by any public official, so take it for what it is worth.

Kamille
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
A very poorly worded and punctuated article in the local paper said she was no longer a POI. It was readable in two ways, that BD said PK said she was no longer a POI, or that PK said it.

It was so maddening that I contacted the paper and they responded back (after I had to reword my question a couple of times to get a direct and specific answer) that they spoke to PK by phone the day of the article and it was a direct quote from PK.

Same guy who made a statement about a CPS case when everyone in the world knows DD has a right to privacy and his case should not be discussed by any public official, so take it for what it is worth.

I also recall him saying something about LE putting the POI and then suspect label publicly on SA to see how he'd react. Perhaps taking the POI label off BD was for the same reason? To see how SA or both of them would react?

If not, it was very unprofessional of PK to say anything. She was never publicly named as a POI and that's all he should have said when he was asked that question.

MOO

TXHOPE
02-08-2011, 09:41 AM
It is when you believe so much in that person that you are willing to lie about things to help them out and try to put them in a better light. It's obstruction of justice IMO.

Very true if she is lying to cover for him. I'm sure she wants to believe he's innocent. Supporting him (as twisted as that it) is not lying. Are you referring to a specific proven lie that she made in order to cover up for Shawn? IMO that's the only way it would be considered obstruction of justice. If she intensionally lied to cover up for SA.I don't think choosing to believe him and supporting theories that prove him innocent is a crime. Even know it bothers me deeply. I still don't think BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance but supporting SA while he is still a suspect in her daughter's disappearance is hard to take.

KMouse
02-08-2011, 09:41 AM

Exactly.
For all we know she could be a suspect now.

Peliman
02-08-2011, 09:47 AM
BD is clear as mud...

TxLady2
02-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Video school gave to LE... I can't add to my last post but here ya go!

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334946

Why can't I get the video to play. I see a black screen with a green and black strip running across the bottom and nothing happens. I get the same thing with any other videos from the bigcountry website.
HELP!

So I take it that the eyewitness recognized Hailey by the way she walks??

Kamille
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Why can't I get the video to play. I see a black screen with a green and black strip running across the bottom and nothing happens. I get the same thing with any other videos from the bigcountry website.
HELP!

So I take it that the eyewitness recognized Hailey by the way she walks??

You may have to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player or install it altogether on your computer to watch the videos.

Here's the site if you need to download...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

HTH

TxLady2
02-08-2011, 10:06 AM

I agree! It's been two or three weeks since LE said they were unable to verify these eyewitness reports, so they've had time to do that by now. I think perhaps they have ascertained that the day Hailey disappeared, Billie was at work.
Being ruled out as a POI, pretty much clears someone as a suspect. I guess one could spin it any way they like, but it is what it is.

TxLady2
02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
You may have to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player or install it altogether on your computer to watch the videos.

Here's the site if you need to download...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

HTH

I do have Adobe and it upgrades frequently. Still won't play. But thanks.

Kamille
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Very true if she is lying to cover for him. I'm sure she wants to believe he's innocent. Supporting him (as twisted as that it) is not lying. Are you referring to a specific proven lie that she made in order to cover up for Shawn? IMO that's the only way it would be considered obstruction of justice. If she intensionally lied to cover up for SA.I don't think choosing to believe him and supporting theories that prove him innocent is a crime. Even know it bothers me deeply. I still don't think BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance but supporting SA while he is still a suspect in her daughter's disappearance is hard to take.

Well she is lying in the media about information that she supposedly first provided to LE. She is not being forthcoming about anything she knows about SA and their "rocky relationship" that might indicate a possible motive. She is also indicating that LE is lying about information on those affadavits that they received from other witnesses. They are standing by the affadavits.

Telling LE one thing when your daughter goes missing and you want to do everything you can to find her and then trying to retract it when your "AWESOME" boyfriend becomes the only named suspect might be considered obstruction. Or denying events that witnesses or electronic data can verify. But I'm not sure because IANAL.

MOO

TxLady2
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Exactly!! She can't be prosecuted for believing he is innocent and being in love with him. I don't approve of it either, but I can't control someone else's mind or heart. Only she can do that.
LE is going to charge Shawn eventually, with or without her help or approval. Unless she has deliberately hidden evidence, or created an alibi for him that didn't exist, she can't be prosecuted for obstruction.
Billie can't testify to what Shawn did on Monday or Tuesday, because she was at work, and I'm sure they verified that in the beginning. All she can do is tell them what he told her. How would that equate to her lying FOR him?

SuziQ
02-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I do have Adobe and it upgrades frequently. Still won't play. But thanks.

That's what I thought about my Adobe. For some reason I began having problems viewing videos last week. Eventually one website gave me a message saying I needed the newest version of Flash to play their video. I dowloaded it and problem fixed.

Velouria
02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I agree! It's been two or three weeks since LE said they were unable to verify these eyewitness reports, so they've had time to do that by now. I think perhaps they have ascertained that the day Hailey disappeared, Billie was at work.
Being ruled out as a POI, pretty much clears someone as a suspect. I guess one could spin it any way they like, but it is what it is.

Unless you're not a POI because you ARE a suspect and LE just hasn't told you yet. :)

tehcloser
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
What I can't figure, is if she is so "cleared", why is the arrangement with DD still in effect? Why is CPS still involved? I don't buy that it's "normal" in missing kid cases. I can't remember any other cases where they moved the other kids out and the parent was not a suspect. She tries to play it off like it's nothing....by saying she "agreed", but if she hadn't? They would have taken him.

SurfieTX
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
What I can't figure, is if she is so "cleared", why is the arrangement with DD still in effect? Why is CPS still involved? I don't buy that it's "normal" in missing kid cases. I can't remember any other cases where they moved the other kids out and the parent was not a suspect. She tries to play it off like it's nothing....by saying she "agreed", but if she hadn't? They would have taken him.

I agree. Quick question though. Is the brother who took the polygraphs the same brother who gave the couches to her and the same brother who has DD?

tehcloser
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Surfie, the best I can tell no. The couches and DD - the other brother (RO). The failed/passed poly, is DO, and he is staying with her. Both bro's have been named in MSM.

Soulmagent
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM

I would like to know how and why they cleared her to but as far as other children being in her home I dont know if that had to do with the uncovering of drug use or drugs in the home or with DD maybe not wanting to be there himself.
So far I have not seen anything that said CPS should remove him she may just be avoiding the system. He is in no danger ,case closed type of thing?

I would not want my children staying at the address that has been reported in every paper in the state. I would not want to leave in case Hailey came home. IMO . I could be wrong. SA being a suspect it wouldnt matter where DD was living because SA would still know where the uncle lives but in a stranger abduction it would be vital to me to want to protect the other children.

Another thing I thought of was him being a witness and them not wanting him subjected to case discussions.

yllek
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree. Quick question though. Is the brother who took the polygraphs the same brother who gave the couches to her and the same brother who has DD?

I believe Billie has 3 brothers. I don't think it's been confirmed as to which brother was approved by CPS to be DD's temporary legal guardian. I am very curious though. Has to be someone living in Snyder as Clint said he's in Snyder and DD is very nearby to him.

yllek
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM

In my opinion, the removal of DD from Billie's custody is not formally related to Hailey's disappearance. The investigation into the disappearance brought some disturbing details to the surface that spurred the CPS investigation. DD was then removed from the home with Billie's brother approved as his legal guardian... JMO.

impatientredhead
02-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I think LE knows alot more about what was going on in that house than they can document at the moment and DD was removed partially because of that, and his continued status of being removed is established everytime BD talks to SA, sees him if she is seeing him, or gives interviews about how they are still a couple.

TXHOPE
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Unless you're not a POI because you ARE a suspect and LE just hasn't told you yet. :)

I respect everyone's opinion and I know that my opinion is not the popular one with this case but when has "ruled out" ever equaled suspect? They have ruled her out. I'm not saying she's perfect but I take that as they have ruled her out in being involved in the disappearance of her daughter. JMO

Velouria
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I respect everyone's opinion and I know that my opinion is not the popular one with this case but when has "ruled out" ever equaled suspect? They have ruled her out. I'm not saying she's perfect but I take that as they have ruled her out in being involved in the disappearance of her daughter. JMO

Respectfully TXHOPE, it depends upon which article you read as to the wording. I think we all agree that she is not a POI. IMO

Some of the same articles have quoted Kampfer as saying that they are not disclosing the names of any POI's in order to avoid those persons fleeing or tampering with evidence.

Kampfer said that police are aware of the witnesses' accounts but that law enforcement has not been able to corroborate them. Regarding the naming of other people of interest, Kampfer said officials are following several leads, including two leads involving people. But, Kampfer said, identifying the other people whom investigators are looking into might result in those people fleeing or tampering with evidence. He said fear of potential retribution against the family by those named is a concern, as is the possibility someone might do something to harm Hailey or destroy evidence if they knew police were focusing on them.
When naming Adkins as a suspect, Kampfer said, law enforcement was aware of the potential risks. Sometimes, he added, watching how someone responds psychologically to being named a suspect can be very telling, and potentially could lead investigators to new evidence.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/31/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-provides-copy-ti/

Quiche
02-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I think BD is treading on thin ice-- one wrong move and she's a named suspect. jmo

BeanE
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Just noting for reference that neither of the two articles had a quote from LE.

We don't know in the KTAB article if the "ruled out" phrase was the reporter's or LE's.

The KTXS article simply said that LE had said she wasn't a POI.

tehcloser
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Respectfully TXHOPE, it depends upon which article you read as to the wording. I think we all agree that she is not a POI. IMO

Some of the same articles have quoted Kampfer as saying that they are not disclosing the names of any POI's in order to avoid those persons fleeing or tampering with evidence.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/31/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-provides-copy-ti/

BBM

I don't agree with that. :floorlaugh: I think she very much is and LE is playing games.

Velouria
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
BBM

I don't agree with that. :floorlaugh: I think she very much is and LE is playing games.

You know what, teh?

I'm thinkin' that it may just possible to be a POI for "accessory after the fact" and "obstruction of justice" and NOT to be a POI in causing Hailey's disappearance.

dog.gone.cute
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I remember Kampfer's statement about BD not being a POI was the same day as BD's presser, 1-31-11.

Below is snipped from BigCountry HomePage:

Billie Dunn Breaks Down Timeline of Hailey's Disappearance
Reported by: Jessica Reyes
Monday, January 31 2011

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed Monday Billie Dunn has been ruled out as a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance.

Billie held a media press conference outside her home in Colorado City Monday where she read a timeline of events ...

Kampfer said he will not comment on persons of interest other than Shawn Adkins as not to jeopardize the investigation.

"We don't want to tip our hats to anything," he said. ...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336996
----------

I find it hard to believe that BD is NOT a POI, considering her continuous contact and support of SA, and in particular, after last night's show on BTH where Billie stated that "yes", she is "in love" with SA. (gag)

In My Opinion, Kampfer does not say she is "cleared" ... but --could she be a "suspect" ... he only said not a POI. And we all know <modsnip>is a "suspect."

I know many believe that POI and Suspect are the same thing ... personally, I think there is a "slight difference".

I looked it up on Definitions.USLegal:

http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

Persons of Interest: Unlike "suspect" and "material witness," "person of interest" has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime. It may be used, rather than calling the person a suspect, when they don't want their prime suspect to know they're watching him closely. Critics complain that the term has become a method for law enforcement officers to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/suspect/

Suspect: In criminal law, a suspect is someone who is under suspicion, often formally announced as being under investigation by law enforcement officials. Probable cause for an arrest exists when the facts and circumstances within the arresting officer's knowledge are sufficient to warrant a prudent person to believe that a suspect has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.

Once a person is determined to be a prime suspect (the person believed most likely to have committed the crime), the police must be careful to give the "Miranda warnings," or or else any statements or admissions by the suspect may be excluded from evidence in trial. Once a suspect under arrest tell a law enforcement officer that he wants an attorney, all interrogation must cease, subject to certain exceptions.

------------------

curiousc
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
If she is not a POI or a suspect, I'd be shocked.

Honestly though, PK jumped on the gun and announced to the media that SA was a suspect. I don't think LE wanted that out.

In other cases, LE doesn't even announce it anymore. Terri Horman, for instance, was never declared a POI or suspect, but we know who LE is suspicious of.

Perhaps BD is not a POI but is a suspect. A case of "ruling" her out as a POI right?

I don't think they want to publically name her as either as she keeps putting herself in the media and putting her foot in her mouth.

Quiche
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Well, she sure interests me! :hoppingmad:

belimom
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM

We don't know in the KTAB article if the "ruled out" phrase was the reporter's or LE's.

I agree, BeanE. I wonder if they were asked if she were a POI and the answer was something like, "Not at this point." It could then have been taken to mean "not any longer", when it could very well mean "not yet"...

MOO

dog.gone.cute
02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
If she is not a POI or a suspect, I'd be shocked.

Honestly though, PK jumped on the gun and announced to the media that SA was a suspect. I don't think LE wanted that out.

In other cases, LE doesn't even announce it anymore. Terri Horman, for instance, was never declared a POI or suspect, but we know who LE is suspicious of.

Perhaps BD is not a POI but is a suspect. A case of "ruling" her out as a POI right?

I don't think they want to publically name her as either as she keeps putting herself in the media and putting her foot in her mouth.

BBM -- I agree that in many cases, LE does not state who is and who is not a suspect, until they have it totally nailed down. :banghead:

I "think" one possible reason for Kampfer's comment is that LE knows she is in constant contact with Shawn, and like you said she keeps "putting her foot in her mouth" and they are hoping for a major slip-up by BD.

My opinion only ... I believe that Billie is a suspect, but has not been named publicly yet, for obvious reasons.

Velouria
02-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Unfortunately I think that's one trait BD and PK seem to share...:footinmouth::footinmouth:

dog.gone.cute
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM

BBM:

I agree that this is a possibility, but ...

I am wondering if the "ruled out" phrase was said by LE, and it was intentional ? To throw things off because of Billie's contact with Shawn ?? :waitasec:

I just cannot believe that Billie is not a "POI" or a "suspect" ... or :behindbar

Caligram
02-09-2011, 03:00 AM
BD has supported SA, she allowed him to move into her house too soon after ejecting CA, and knew that HD was afraid of him. I would not be surprised if the big blowout that happened around Christmas time was that HD wanted to move out, and BD became enraged. No way was she going to pay child support to CD for HD. No way was she going to lose whatever benefits she was getting from HD living with her. Maybe, there was no way that HD was going to "walk out" of her mother's house. HD didn't matter enough to BD. LE saw from the get-go that BD's person of interest was more about SA.

This is IMO

For The Kids
02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Although i think Shawn is involved..to me Billie acts more guilty than Shawn does and In my opinion seems to be the one pulling most of the strings at the moment.

hollyblue
02-09-2011, 07:33 AM

I can't understand how they can rule her out as a POI...unless they can absolutely rule out nothing happened to HD Sunday night between 9PM and the next morning? No reputable sightings of her after Sunday.

This was also the first night she was to sleep in her room since getting the new TV.

CN2Souls
02-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Smoke and Mirrors...:juggle:

passionflower
02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Will we see a child endangerment charge on BD soon?
Having her cildren around people she knew smoked allot of pot?
Drug selling, drugs in the house? admitting to buying drugs?
Did she leave her children alone allot while working 2 jobs?
No babysitters, before CD ever moved close.
Will we see drug arrests like in Haleigh Cummings case before we find Hailey???

curiousc
02-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Although i think Shawn is involved..to me Billie acts more guilty than Shawn does and In my opinion seems to be the one pulling most of the strings at the moment.

I do agree with you. Perhaps in the end I will be wrong, but I think really that SA was the coverup person.

crimejunkie
02-10-2011, 03:42 AM
1. There is no clear or compelling information (at least released by LE) regarding WHEN Hailey actually went missing...Sunday? Monday? Tuesday? LE maintains they have no credible sightings of HD on Monday, despite what BD keeps releasing to the media. No one has come forward stating they spoke with her on Monday outside of the main suspect, etc...When you have no clear time or date of a disappearance and no physical evidence of a crime, how are you able to rule anyone out?

2. BD failed a poly (as did SA and BD's brother) and she has not taken a new one as of Monday during her radio interview (according to BD). I know that BD has an "excuse" for failing due to finding out SA failed just prior to her taking her test. However, her theory of why she failed is just a theory. It cannot be proved by anyone, including LE or BD and imo cannot be grounds for ruling anyone out. IF LE ruled people out based on their theories of why they failed a LTD, we'd have a lot of unsolved cases and a lot of guilty people walking around.

3. Though BD worked during certain times on Monday and Tuesday, without a clear time/day that Hailey went missing, the alibi of being at work is mute. It will only serve as an alibi, IF it's proven that Hailey went missing during BD's work hours and that, we can't be sure of at this point based on what WE know. Plus, her work schedule does not clear up any involvement after the fact in a cover up, clean up, accessory after the fact, regarding moving the body, etc....

4. LE has stated that there are inconsistent statements by BD and SA, and we have certainly documented (and questioned) many of those inconsistencies from BD that have come out in MSM and the affidavits. If you do not have consistency in your statements to LE....imo, the information you provided would not be able to be confirmed.

To me, these points add up to either:

1. She has been ruled out as a POI, because she has been upgraded to a "suspect" and like LE stated, they are not willing to "tip their hat" to that information

2. LE wants to make *someone* believe that BD is not suspected (imo to keep loose lips flowing and to make everyone a little more comfortable to talk freely amongst each other and to the media)

3. LE has ruled BD out in the "disappearance," (as quoted in MSM), but not in any involvement after the fact

I strongly believe that BD falls into one of the three categories above, because of all of the above points (that cannot be answered away or set aside) would prevent them from "clearing" her entirely.

To me, there is no way (if LE is doing a proper job in the investigation and I believe they are) they could "clear" ANYONE of anything based on the lack of clear evidence regarding when HD actually disappeared. I believe that based on the information LE has (and we don't) electronic data--text msgs, call records, pings, etc, sworn statements, "possible" wire tap recordings (which I HOPE they have done), LDT results and specifics, and other information, etc....they are able to determine who should be "ruled IN" as a POI and/or suspect. This information may not physically "rule out" others like Joe Smith (fictional name, lol) who lives down the street, but the information LE has may make LE less likely to believe Joe Smith had any involvement and/or be less interested in investigating him further. Kwim?

Tugela
02-10-2011, 04:54 AM
I think the wording included "in the disappearance of her daughter". Maybe she is not ruled out completely, as far as possible other factors, obstruction, etc? I am just guessing.

If they don't know what happened then they can't rule anyone out. If they are saying that, they either do know what happened or they don't know what they are doing.

The only way to "rule someone out" is to fully account for that persons whereabouts from the last known irrefutable sighting of HD and the recovery of her body (dead or alive). I don't believe that anyone involved in this case falls into that category yet.

gngr~snap
02-10-2011, 05:44 AM
If they don't know what happened then they can't rule anyone out. If they are saying that, they either do know what happened or they don't know what they are doing.

The only way to "rule someone out" is to fully account for that persons whereabouts from the last known irrefutable sighting of HD and the recovery of her body (dead or alive). I don't believe that anyone involved in this case falls into that category yet.

The agencies are: Colorado City Police Department, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, FBI, Snyder Police Department, 32nd Judicial District Court, Scurry County Sheriff’s Office, Secret Service and Child Advisory Center.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

And now it is down to one investigator? :waitasec:

"I'm confident we'll find Hailey," said Dean. "I don't think Hailey wants to be found. I believe she's hiding. She's probably scared at this point. We're going to find her."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329706

There is NO telling what she could have witnessed! maybe LE KNOWS where and how HD is! DD was "placed" somewhere else too! but why... :banghead:

"Through the affidavit, you've seen part of what the investigation is, but we're asking you not to jump to any conclusions...there's a lot more to this case." Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean said.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472310/detail.html

Are there NO more searches being conducted by LE? just the public?

IMO the ONLY way anyone could be elimnated at this point is if LE is hiding HD... and they are not gonna tell us!~ any time soon IMO.

Velouria
02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Just finished reading BeanE's latest entry here:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/hailey-dunn-message-from-peter-kampfer/

Wowee wow wow! :eek:

Looks like we need to re-name this thread!

For The Kids
02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
After reading that i dont believe Billie has been cleared at all otherwise he could simply have said so instead of giving the answer he in fact gave.

curiousc
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
After reading that i dont believe Billie has been cleared at all otherwise he could simply have said so instead of giving the answer he in fact gave.

Silence speaks volumes here :)

dog.gone.cute
02-10-2011, 01:05 PM

BBM:

I agree. The LACK of emotion from Billie regarding Hailey's disappearance is "telling." :sick:

I have no doubt Shawn is involved ... but my opinion, he is more involved in the cover-up than the actual disapperance.

I do not believe LE is telling us everything regarding BD, know what I mean ?

my_tee_mouse
02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
BBM:

I agree. The LACK of emotion from Billie regarding Hailey's disappearance is "telling." :sick:

I have no doubt Shawn is involved ... but my opinion, he is more involved in the cover-up than the actual disapperance.

BBM: Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

curiousc
02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
BBM:

And since she keeps on getting out there in the media, that's what LE wants. The more she gets out there, the more her story changes or is embellished. So why wreck that by publically naming her a POI?

I also wonder if they named SA a POI earlier on in order to scare BD?

Aya
02-10-2011, 01:12 PM

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/hailey-dunn-message-from-peter-kampfer/

So he did not confirm she is cleared....interesting.

epiphany
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Glad BeanE didn't email PK earlier. May have missed BDs dodging and weaving. Wonder if she'll take a mini-break until V Day.

TXHOPE
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM

:waitasec: Why would we need to rename the thread based on this. Kampfer doesn't state Billie has not been cleared? Maybe I missed something but I just read what was on the link. He states that SA is one of the POI's but he does not mention BD at all. We can assume she maybe one of the several but it's not stated or known as a fact.

:couch:

CN2Souls
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
I also bet LE loves that SA has gotten on the band wagon,
of speaking to the Media...

I would think them moving back in together would also help...

It is easier to do "Reconnaissance" on one house...

TXHOPE
02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
He has mentioned several POI's before. Several, really? Doesn't several mean around 7? A few means around 3 etc. That's alot of POI's.

For The Kids
02-10-2011, 01:37 PM
:waitasec: Why would we need to rename the thread based on this. Kampfer doesn't state Billie has not been cleared? Maybe I missed something but I just read what was on the link. He states that SA is one of the POI's but he does not mention BD at all. We can assume she maybe one of the several but it's not stated or known as a fact.

:couch:

The thing is allegedly he told the paper last week she had been cleared so had NO reason not to put that in his email back to her today. The fact that he skirted the question..for no reason IF she had been cleared is pretty telling IMO

CN2Souls
02-10-2011, 01:41 PM
"Person of interest"
Has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime.

Verses

“Suspect”
The investigation of the person by the law enforcement officers who is believed to be the one who could have committed the crime.

epiphany
02-10-2011, 01:56 PM
He has mentioned several POI's before. Several, really? Doesn't several mean around 7? A few means around 3 etc. That's alot of POI's.

IMO, a few and several just means simply more than 2. I believe these words are often used interchangeably. Now, had he said "many," I think that would have suggested more than 3!

My money is on 3 POIs---that's "plenty"!

tehcloser
02-10-2011, 02:01 PM
IMO, a few and several just means simply more than 2. I believe these words are often used interchangeably. Now, had he said "many," I think that would have suggested more than 3!

My money is on 3 POIs---that's "plenty"!

Yep...."I seen a 3" too.

Knox
02-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure what to make of PK's reply to Bean E. IMO it could go either way, as he did not answer her question, but repeated what we already have heard many times. SA is a POI and there are others (POI) being looked at as well.

It would be helpful if LE would give a case status PC. When was the last time PK or any other LEO gave an on-camera interview?

BeanE
02-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Yep...."I seen a 3" too.

My money's on 2. "A few" is a phrase I would likely choose if it were 2.

I would know saying "1" may lead people to believe, under the current climate, that someone else had been cleared, when they hadn't, and lead to taking off the pressure I wanted on that person.

Saying "2" would cause more frenzy in a public that currently already is frenzied, and may lead to danger for those two people.

"A few" is not too big, not too small, but just right.

It lets the public know there're more than one, so I keep my obligation regarding the public trust, but remains just vague enough to keep disaster at bay, keeping my obligation to public safety (particularly if I hadn't issued a single warning to the public about protecting their children).

NSS
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM

This is a true statement once LE are sure that Hailey didn't 'disappear'. She was possibly hidden, disposed of, maybe even murdered.

BD has been ruled out only as part of the disappearance.

In the world of PR, it's called dialling back the message.

Velouria
02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure what to make of PK's reply to Bean E. IMO it could go either way, as he did not answer her question, but repeated what we already have heard many times. SA is a POI and there are others (POI) being looked at as well.

It would be helpful if LE would give a case status PC. When was the last time PK or any other LEO gave an on-camera interview?

I'd say he answered BeanE's question by NOT answering her question. :)

He could have easily cleared up the confusion over Billie's status as a POI, and chose to, ironically in true BD fashion, to skirt the issue.

Can you think of a good reason PK would avoid stating she has been cleared, if that is indeed the case?

I do agree that a case update would be helpful - at least to us. But something tells me LE is being extremely careful not to tip their hand at this point.

Velouria
02-10-2011, 04:16 PM
My money's on 2. "A few" is a phrase I would likely choose if it were 2.

I would know saying "1" may lead people to believe, under the current climate, that someone else had been cleared, when they hadn't, and lead to taking off the pressure I wanted on that person.

Saying "2" would cause more frenzy in a public that currently already is frenzied, and may lead to danger for those two people.

"A few" is not too big, not too small, but just right.

It lets the public know there're more than one, so I keep my obligation regarding the public trust, but remains just vague enough to keep disaster at bay, keeping my obligation to public safety (particularly if I hadn't issued a single warning to the public about protecting their children).

ITA

You know BeanE, next time you want the real scoop from PK, you should offer to take him out for some margaritas and boot-shoppin'...:D

txsvicki
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Seems to me that they would have to believe reports of at least one of the people seeing Haylie that day in order to rule BD out since she was at work. For all they know, the both of them could have done something to Haylie the night after the brother last saw her, but left no evidence of foul play. I don't see how they can rule anyone out unless there is a really good alibi, and they know without a doubt when Haylie went missing.

gnreed
02-10-2011, 11:35 PM
LE is better off not naming BD as a POI. She talks to media and has daily contact with LE. If named a POI, she would most likely shut down. Each time she talks such as on the recent blog radio recently, I am sure LE was listening and taking notes.
IMO once SA is arrested, there will be plenty of reason to arrest BD shortly after. I doubt he is going to protect BD. We will find out how much he actually loves her.

Knox
02-10-2011, 11:37 PM
I'd say he answered BeanE's question by NOT answering her question. :)

He could have easily cleared up the confusion over Billie's status as a POI, and chose to, ironically in true BD fashion, to skirt the issue.

Can you think of a good reason PK would avoid stating she has been cleared, if that is indeed the case?

I do agree that a case update would be helpful - at least to us. But something tells me LE is being extremely careful not to tip their hand at this point.

I hope you're right. That could mean LE is closer to knowing what happened to Hailey than we, the public thinks.

But PK did say recently to a reporter that BD was not a POI. So how is it helpful when the answer depends on who is asking the question? Just expressing my frustration with the wishy-washyness of this case, not aimed at you Velouria.

Hippy Chick
02-11-2011, 12:24 AM
BBM

Which ever way it is about BD, her life will never be the same and always in turmoil. She is either guilty of the crime or the cover up or is so dumb and loves the person who is guilty. If she is not guilty in the crime or the cover up I feel sorry for her for being so betrayed by the one she loves. No way would I want to be in her shoes.

Caligram
02-11-2011, 02:18 AM
BD said that if she learned that SA had done something to HD she would be "disgusted" and "never speak to him again". So I guess since she is still speaking to SA that he never did "'something" to HD. But clearly, somebody did do something, as HD is not in her house.

BeanE
02-11-2011, 04:27 AM
How would LE clear Billie? What would they need in order to clear her?

They'd have to have solid proof that she was not in the vicinity of Hailey at any time Hailey could have been harmed or abducted.

When you look at the circumstances, you see clearly that it's simply not possible for LE to clear her right now.

Unless, of course, they are banking on Shawn's good word that he was with her all night Sunday night, until she got to work Monday morning, and Shawn promises, Scout's honor, that she didn't do nuthin' to Hailey.

Or maybe instead of Scout's honor, it was cross his heart and hope to die, stick a needle in his eye, and they tested that out, and his eye was okay.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Velouria
02-11-2011, 08:00 AM
I hope you're right. That could mean LE is closer to knowing what happened to Hailey than we, the public thinks.

But PK did say recently to a reporter that BD was not a POI. So how is it helpful when the answer depends on who is asking the question? Just expressing my frustration with the wishy-washyness of this case, not aimed at you Velouria.

Knox my dear, rest assured you are far from alone in your frustration... :pullhair:

And as for Mr. Kampfer - the reason I am more confident in his answer to BeanE is contained within his response:

I have been advise(d) to state that “law enforcement continues to work the Hailey Dunn case predominately as a criminal investigation, to include several persons of interest. Shawn Adkins is one of the persons of interest.”
So, it sounds to me like PK consulted with LE before making this latest statement, as opposed to the um, "off the cuff" style we normally see in front of the cameras. :cowboy:

crimejunkie
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
How would LE clear Billie? What would they need in order to clear her?

They'd have to have solid proof that she was not in the vicinity of Hailey at any time Hailey could have been harmed or abducted.

When you look at the circumstances, you see clearly that it's simply not possible for LE to clear her right now.

Unless, of course, they are banking on Shawn's good word that he was with her all night Sunday night, until she got to work Monday morning, and Shawn promises, Scout's honor, that she didn't do nuthin' to Hailey.

Or maybe instead of Scout's honor, it was cross his heart and hope to die, stick a needle in his eye, and they tested that out, and his eye was okay.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

This just cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh, I needed that! It doesn't come often in this case, as the feeling is usual worry and frustration.

:floorlaugh:

Knox
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Knox my dear, rest assured you are far from alone in your frustration... :pullhair:

And as for Mr. Kampfer - the reason I am more confident in his answer to BeanE is contained within his response:

So, it sounds to me like PK consulted with LE before making this latest statement, as opposed to the um, "off the cuff" style we normally see in front of the cameras. :cowboy:

Duh, I didn't really pay attention to who was cc'd.

After reading re-reading the reply from PK, of course you are right!!

alwayslooking
02-12-2011, 07:06 AM
I have been following this case since the begining, and get more confussed by the day!
What worries me is another Antionette Davis (Shaniya Davis), as far as I know she is still wondering the streets on bond......Adam Baker (Zahra Baker), no charge's filed on Adam at this point!
At this point, I don't trust anyone involved!

Velouria
02-12-2011, 09:05 AM

respectfully snipped

Well, now THAT explains those sunglasses! :crazy:

BeanE
02-12-2011, 09:53 AM
respectfully snipped

Well, now THAT explains those sunglasses! :crazy:

:eye: :floorlaugh:

Caligram
02-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Some wonder how BD could be named as POI? She was at "werk". C'mon, somebody please crack. The first to squeal gets a smaller sentence.

Ladybulldog
02-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Police, are likely well educated and trained federal law enforcement, would be coaching you on how to address the kidnappers. Note that this is not the case here.

The FBI does not believe that this is a kidnapping and likely have left telling locals, "domestic homicide" with the strategy of pressuring boyfriend (naming him 'suspect') and keep Mom talking as one who is 'cleared' as a "person of interest"

Question: Does Billie Dunn read online articles (blogs, media) about her words or does someone relay the info to her?

Jo in Calif
02-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Police, are likely well educated and trained federal law enforcement, would be coaching you on how to address the kidnappers. Note that this is not the case here.

The FBI does not believe that this is a kidnapping and likely have left telling locals, "domestic homicide" with the strategy of pressuring boyfriend (naming him 'suspect') and keep Mom talking as one who is 'cleared' as a "person of interest"

Question: Does Billie Dunn read online articles (blogs, media) about her words or does someone relay the info to her?

She has claimed she does not read on line, someone relays info to her.
She claims she does not have internet at her house.

curiousc
02-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Some wonder how BD could be named as POI? She was at "werk". C'mon, somebody please crack. The first to squeal gets a smaller sentence.

What LE may have a hard time proving is what happened to Hailey and when? The timelines are all misconstrued and it's really about two people who were the last to see Hailey. Which one was it...BD or SA or both? And, to me, they've both done quite a job in confusing the timeline.

In my opinion, I truly don't think BD could be cleared as a POI until LE finds Hailey and what happened to her.

nobull
02-15-2011, 03:19 AM
OT, but has any info from LE S&R or other (independent) S&R come out about any 'hits' by dogs anywhere around the house?

TIA!