PDA

View Full Version : "Lindsay" charged with grand theft over necklace

Steely Dan
02-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Lindsay Lohan to be charged with grand theft over necklace
By Alan Duke, CNN
February 9, 2011 2:26 a.m. EST

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Prosecutors are expected to formally charge Lindsay Lohan on Wednesday with felony grand theft related to a necklace allegedly taken from a California jewelry store in January....

How many times is she going to get the soft treatment.

LaLaw2000
02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
I hope there is no soft treatment this time. A thief is a thief regardless of how famous they are. Getting a pass on this one would be wrong.

I just loved Lindsay Lohan when she was younger. Now, not so much.

Steely Dan
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope there is no soft treatment this time. A thief is a thief regardless of how famous they are. Getting a pass on this one would be wrong.

I feel sorry for her because her mother doesn't seem to care about anything but what she can scam by using her name. :sick:

I just think she wasn't raised properly.

Harley
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
While I blame her parents for how Lindsey turned out ultimately she is responsible for what she does. She knows it is not right (and illegal) to drink and drive and to steal. That being said I think her mother deserves to be put in a jail cell also and for Gods sake get that younger daughter away from her because if Lindsey goes to jail she will start on her (I am sure she has already).

nervous_nellie
02-09-2011, 12:12 PM
imo lohans career has been pretty much non-existent for the past few years having been replaced with numerous episodes of bad/illegal behavior...so, since she was the breadwinner for that family would mean that they are prolly going broke. she needs to go to jail and get some major life skills counselling and then cut her ties from her parasite parents and maybe she would have a chance of a decent life. moo

gitana1
02-09-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think it's coincidence that this incident (the theft) occurred right before she was about to be released from intensive probation requirements. Subconsciously, I think Lohan is desperate for someone to put the brakes on her runaway train of a life, especially since her parents never seemed to care enough to.

katydid23
02-09-2011, 01:06 PM
And I think the poor thing is a bit delusional these days. When she was very young and for a decade or so, she COULD just walk into a store and the owners would give her anything she wanted if she would just wear it in public. She had designers and stylists throwing expensive things at her to wear around town.

So now she said publicly, as her defense, her stylist borrowed the necklace for her.
I found that incredibly sad because in her own warped mind, warped from being a childhood celebrity and of course from drugs and alcohol use, she may actually believe that. It is probably difficult for her to try and live a normal existence where if you see a 2500 dollar necklace and you want to wear it that night then you need to BUY the necklace. Who knew?
She needs more rehab that is for sure.

southcitymom
02-09-2011, 01:29 PM
God bless her!

KaylynnCouture
02-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Her arraignment is going on right now, supposedly. I really hope the judge doesn't go easy on her this time. Enough is enough.

Nancy2441
02-09-2011, 05:16 PM
If one is going to get clean and sober they need some humility and they have to admit that their life is a complete train wreck. But in the case of LL she has no one holding her accountable for her actions, most importantly her parents (her mom IMO is the worse case of denial I have ever seen). I think it's time for some tough love, baby. The kind you get from having to go to prison for a few years. She cannot be allowed to steal things based on the fact she is famous. The laws we have in this country apply to everyone!!!

Nancy2441
02-09-2011, 05:18 PM
"Let me tell you a couple of things so we have no misunderstandings," the judge said. "I'm going to say it in the polite version. You're in a different situation now that a felony has been filed against you.
"While this case is percolating, if you violate the law I will remand you and set no bail. Your attorney won't be as successful as this time. You need to follow the laws just like everybody else. Look around this room -- everybody has to follow the law. You're no different than anybody else. Don't push your luck."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Lohan-to-be-Charged-in-Necklace-Theft-115597559.html

Gozgals
02-10-2011, 05:05 AM
LL is such a confused young woman. Maybe one day she will be able to straighten out again. A talent that has been wasted. Fame to young often destroys one so young if they can't handle it. One has to consider she has parents that think of her as a money machine and don't seem to care about her well being. Another loss of a young person.

I think she should be treated the same as anyone else even if she is famous. Her career has been in the tank.

Goz

Filly
02-10-2011, 09:28 AM
This young woman has been in such turmoil over the years and now is up on these charges yet the press are going on about her dress.

Nancy spoke volumes about the humility.

Velouria
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
God bless her!

No doubt he's tried - many times. It's up to Lindsay now to let him in and clean up her act.

southcitymom
02-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm pulling for her and willing to presume her innocent until proven otherwise as regards the felony theft charges.

That said, it is not at all uncommon for people in recovery to have "klepto" issues. I've seen this type of behavior spring to the forefront when an addict puts down drugs/alcohol. If her desire to recover from drug abuse is genuine, it will be a journey for her. Chances are that she will not enjoy overnight success, but rather will walk a path with plenty of steps forwards and backwards. I hope she is gentle with herself and takes to heart the hope found in the adage "progress, not perfection."

If she faces legal consequences because she stole, that's as it should be, but my gut tells me that this case will go away without jail time. It sounds like the jewelry store owners are backtracking and feeling bad about how this has all gone down. Additionally, Lohan strikes me as the sort of person who a) could space out and leave a store while wearing a necklace and/or b) think that the store would be delighted to have her wear their jewelry. I could see her NOT making sure all the official stuff had been handle with this type of merchandise loan.

It is sad - she has been treated like she is "different" and "special" by everyone who has surrounded her during most of her short life. It's not surprising that she might believe this and that will be her biggest detriment to finding humility.

cluciano63
02-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Just to show the shallowness/priorities of a segment of our population...her $575 white dress has already sold out across the internet whereever available...

eileenhawkeye
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
2003/2004:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/lindsay_lohan_mean_girls.jpg

http://blogs.phillynews.com/inquirer/flickgrrl/lilo2.jpg

2010/2011:

http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lindsay-lohan-court-appearance1.jpg

It's sad that she's only 24 and this is what her life is now.

southcitymom
02-10-2011, 07:59 PM
She looks much better currently than that last picture - time in treatment has made her look much healthier and more like her old self.

Nancy2441
02-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Lindsay Lohan would consider a no-jail plea deal, her lawyer says

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/02/10/lindsay.lohan.defense/index.html?hpt=T2

I'm sure she would. Does she understand she has been charged with a felony?
Grrr. :banghead:

Quote from article:
The penalty for a felony grand theft conviction ranges from 16 months to three years in a California state prison, varying based on the value of the property stolen and the criminal record of the defendant.

LadyL
02-11-2011, 12:26 AM
did she really take a limo to court or is that just a town car and at that angle it looks like a limo?

southcitymom
02-11-2011, 06:38 AM
I have to wonder if the jewelry store owner tried to contact Lindsay about the necklace before going to the police. Based on everything I've read, that seems to me to be the first reasonable course of action. I guess we'll learn more details as the case unfolds.

porkchop
02-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Looks like Lohan has paid off the jeweler. She may get away with it again.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/10/lindsay-lohan-jewelry-store-felony-grand-theft-stolen-necklace-kamofie-and-company-sofia-kaman-police-report/

SoSueMe
02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Talk about nine lives!

southcitymom
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not surprised that the owners don't want to press charges. From the beginning, this has seemed to me like the DA was trying to build a case surrounding an incident that was a misunderstanding.

I understand that due to her probation and problems during the probation, the DA has LL under a microscope and is unwilling to give her any benefit of the doubt.

The truth is that without the jewelry store owners' testimony that she stole, there surely isn't a case against LL here. Hopefully, it will be dropped and she can get back to concentrating on staying healthy.

waltzingmatilda
02-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm not surprised that the owners don't want to press charges. From the beginning, this has seemed to me like the DA was trying to build a case surrounding an incident that was a misunderstanding.

I understand that due to her probation and problems during the probation, the DA has LL under a microscope and is unwilling to give her any benefit of the doubt.

The truth is that without the jewelry store owners' testimony that she stole, there surely isn't a case against LL here. Hopefully, it will be dropped and she can get back to concentrating on staying healthy.

I hope so too SSM. I would like to see LL be well. I don't want her to get a free pass if it's proven that she actually stole the necklace, but it really does sound like a misunderstanding from the content of the police report.

I have a bit of a soft spot for LL. My bf was a crew member on one of her movies in 2005 when she was beginning to spiral downward. He said she was really nice (many actors don't acknowledge the grunts in the biz but LL was always polite to everyone, not at all pretentious) but rumors of partying abounded and she missed alot of days of work. She was also photographed dancing on a bar in New Orleans while she was underage and it was in the paper.

I just hope she 'gets it' before it's all too late. The courts are becoming weary of her excuses for her behavior, watching for her to screw up and her free passes are over!

Woman Up, Lindsay! Take ownership of your actions! Stop doing stupid chit, get well and concentrate on what you do best. No, not partying.......Acting!

I am a sucka for child actors. No way would I allow my child in that environment of 'locusts'. Just look at the number who have died untimely deaths. The only 'well adjusted' child actor in adulthood that I can think of offhand is Ron Howard. I'm sure there are more...We should start a thread on that subject downstairs.

All MOO

wm

Nancy2441
02-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Looks like Lohan has paid off the jeweler. She may get away with it again.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/10/lindsay-lohan-jewelry-store-felony-grand-theft-stolen-necklace-kamofie-and-company-sofia-kaman-police-report/

One of the local L.A. stations last night reported that the judge had ordered LL to stay away from the jewelry shop. It seems she had sent them flowers.

southcitymom
02-12-2011, 04:23 PM
This made me laugh:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/12/lindsay-lohan-jewelry-necklace-grand-theft-felony-petty-theft-misdemeanor-value-950-dollars-los-angeles-diamonds-carats/

If LL's defense can prove the necklace is valued at less than $950, the charge becomes a misdemeanor and not a felony.

LMax
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
In session/courttv is showing her arriving for her next court hearing live.

drip~drop
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
I sit here watching HLN waiting to see when she decides to show up. I think she has a 1/2 hour?

Intermezzo
02-23-2011, 12:26 PM

I agree..it's time for her to take responsibility for her actions and accept the consequences

I used to enjoy watching her in movies as well...forget about it now...

gitana1
02-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Apparently, the judge has told Lohan that if she accepts a plea deal that has been offered, he will sentence her to jail. I guess he is forcing the case to trial in essence? http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/judge-tells-lindsay-lohan-plea-deal-will-mean-jail-ap?nc

Nancy2441
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Apparently, the judge has told Lohan that if she accepts a plea deal that has been offered, he will sentence her to jail. I guess he is forcing the case to trial in essence? http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/judge-tells-lindsay-lohan-plea-deal-will-mean-jail-ap?nc

From your link:

Lohan told the judge she understood, and left the courtroom clutching her mother's hand. She and her attorney left without speaking, but her father, Michael Lohan, told reporters outside the courthouse that the case is being over-prosecuted.

"I don't see Lindsay as a criminal," he said. "This is all a result of her addiction."

I think we can see why Lindsay has no respect for the law. Her parents don't.
JMO.

ziggy
02-23-2011, 07:36 PM
mmmhmmm; committing crimes doesn't make you a criminal if you are an addict. Sure.

gitana1
02-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Well, it looks the judge does not want to let her get away with this. Perhaps he understands the public's perception that spoiled celebs get away with murder.

gitana1
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Superior Court judge Keith Schwartz told (http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/02/23/lindsay.lohan.hearing/index.html) Lohan that if she accepts the plea deal offered up by the prosecution in the jewelry theft case, she will be going to jail for at least some period of time.

"This case does involve jail time. Period," Schwartz told her. "If you plead in front of me -- if this case resolves in front of me -- you are going to jail. Period. It may be an issue as to amount of time."

Schwartz added, "There are things you need to understand. I've never met you, you've never met me outside of this court to my knowledge. I don't care that you're Lindsay Lohan (http://omg.yahoo.com/lindsay-lohan/celebs/36)."

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/thefamous/lindsay-lohan-trades-in-mini-dress-for-8-000-chanel-ensemble-for-wednesday-court-appearance/716?nc

Fairy1
02-24-2011, 12:27 AM
I really don't think this has anything to do with addiction. This girl has no concept of reality, whatsoever. She is living in some kind of alternate universe where child stars are not expected to live like the rest of humanity for the rest of their lives.

Her "parents" can spin it any which way to deflect the blame from themselves. But, IMO, they totally and completely dropped the ball while living off of their own child.

southcitymom
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I'd certainly want it to go to trial if the alternative was guaranteed jail time. It also sounds like the DA's case is shaky since the main witnesses don't want her locked up and the value of the necklace may well be in "misdemeanor" territory.

Continued prayers for LL.

ziggy
02-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Me too SCM especially since they have a hard time convicting stars in LA. Trial is a much better option in this case...even though I think LL's behavior should be punished, as does just about everyone except her parents, it will probably take more than this necklace to send her to jail.

southcitymom
02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I honestly don't think she stole the necklace, but she has exhausted her good will with the DA. I did just read that even if she goes to trial and is found not guilty of grand theft, she still might draw some jail time for violating her probation by being charged.

I personally don't think throwing her in jail will do anyone any good - I don't care about legal punishment as a general rule. I do care that she learn not to drive around intoxicated and put others at risk. But I think that sort of rehabilitation is more likely to occur for her out of prison and not in it.

Nancy2441
03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Lindsay Lohan rejects plea agreement
She'll return to court April 22 for a preliminary hearing in theft case

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42000650/ns/today-entertainment/

reportertype
03-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I know LL is responsible for her actions, but I think she's been done a real disservice simply by being born to two of the most disgusting excuses for parents that I can think of.

cuppy199
03-12-2011, 09:03 PM
I have to be honest here if she did steal it as claimed she should get the same punishment and treatment as anyone else. If that was just a regular person who stole from there you bet they would be doing the time.Also IMO it doesnt matter how much something is stealing is stealing no matter what the price is. And with her prior record if she is found guilty she should be held to the same standard as anyone else with a prior record.Maybe its just me but we all make mistakes but we still have to live up to and own them and hopefully learn from them.

Steely Dan
03-16-2011, 11:28 PM

It's Hollywood. Robert Blake and OJ know how it works there and I suspect LL's lawyer knows the lay of the land.

southcitymom
03-17-2011, 10:52 AM
The jewelry store has been shopping a book about the incident:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/16/kamofie-company-lindsay-lohan-stolen-necklace-venice-shawn-holley-jewelry-store-jail-surveillance-tape/

Honestly, the owners of that store seem super scuzzy. I can't see a jury convicting Lohan in light of Kamofie's behavior.

KaylynnCouture
03-17-2011, 02:33 PM

That's a bad, bad, bad move in my opinion.

Nancy2441
03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
With a dad like this no wonder LL has problems and no respect for the law:

Michael Lohan arrested in domestic dispute, police say

Michael Lohan, 50, was arrested late Monday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department's West Hollywood Station said in a statement.
Deputies arrested him on suspicion of inflicting corporal injury on a cohabitant, false imprisonment and preventing the report of victimization, the statement said. All are felony charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/03/22/michael.lohan.arrest/index.html?hpt=T2

OneLostGrl
03-22-2011, 05:15 PM
The jewelry store has been shopping a book about the incident:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/16/kamofie-company-lindsay-lohan-stolen-necklace-venice-shawn-holley-jewelry-store-jail-surveillance-tape/

Honestly, the owners of that store seem super scuzzy. I can't see a jury convicting Lohan in light of Kamofie's behavior.

Unfrigginbelievable! Why can't people just leave her alone- with all these people out to get her it's no wonder she has a hard time doing right! She's already her own worst enemy, she doesn't need people like this around her!

OneLostGrl
03-22-2011, 05:16 PM
With a dad like this no wonder LL has problems and no respect for the law:

Michael Lohan arrested in domestic dispute, police say

Michael Lohan, 50, was arrested late Monday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department's West Hollywood Station said in a statement.
Deputies arrested him on suspicion of inflicting corporal injury on a cohabitant, false imprisonment and preventing the report of victimization, the statement said. All are felony charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/03/22/michael.lohan.arrest/index.html?hpt=T2

:banghead::banghead:

KaylynnCouture
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Hearing Set for April 22

Sources connected to Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lindsay met with her lawyer, Shawn Holley Tuesday afternoon. Holley laid out the options but left the decision to Lindsay, who said she's firm about her innocence and wants to push it to the wall at trial.

Lindsay's felony grand theft case will now be assigned to Judge Stephanie Sautner -- who's considered a tough but fair judge -- and the preliminary hearing is set for April 22.

Lindsay faces both jail and prison as the case moves on -- jail, if Judge Sautner decides Lindsay violated her probation, and prison, if Lindsay is convicted of grand theft.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/22/lindsay-lohan-no-plea-court-probation-grand-theft-charges-felony-stolen-necklace-venice-store/

JBean
03-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Name Game: Lindsay Is Dropping The Lohan

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — If it’s good enough for Cher, Madonna, Fantasia and Rihanna…it’s good enough for Lindsay Lohan.
Oops! Make that…Lindsay.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/03/25/name-game-lindsay-is-dropping-the-lohan/

Melanie
03-25-2011, 10:15 PM
LL is such a confused young woman. Maybe one day she will be able to straighten out again. A talent that has been wasted. Fame to young often destroys one so young if they can't handle it. One has to consider she has parents that think of her as a money machine and don't seem to care about her well being. Another loss of a young person.

I think she should be treated the same as anyone else even if she is famous. Her career has been in the tank.

Goz

Look at Michael Lohan - a flawless father figure he is not. Wasn't Dina accused of sleeping with Bret Michaels? I know Lindsey had to witness the beating of Michael on Dina (which I have no doubt in my mind occurred). Lindsey did grow up in a very dysfunctional, abusive, drug and alcohol addicted home.

Does this give her cause to behave the way she does? No. But I understand how she feels she can get away with it. Her parents did. Michael was again arrested the other day for beating the carp out of his girlfriend (Major). A leopard doesn't change its spots, and I don't believe him when he says she was the aggressor.

This is a very sad and lost family. I can only hope that Lindsey will get the treatment she needs (I'm talking a very long extended stay away from the spotlight). Until then, I believe this behaviour will continue.

At this point, I don't think jail will do her much good. Like so many other criminals, jail will be a revolving door until she gets help and completely disconnects from the dysfunctional people around her.

MOO

Mel

Nancy2441
03-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Name Game: Lindsay Is Dropping The Lohan

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — If it’s good enough for Cher, Madonna, Fantasia and Rihanna…it’s good enough for Lindsay Lohan.
Oops! Make that…Lindsay.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/03/25/name-game-lindsay-is-dropping-the-lohan/

So now she'll be known as just Lindsay?? Hmm. A bit narcissistic I think, lol.

Steely Dan
03-26-2011, 02:28 AM
So now she'll be known as just Lindsay?? Hmm. A bit narcissistic I think, lol.

Good lord I fear the next piece of news about her will be an obituary. I don't want that to happen, I really hope she turns things around but I'm scared that she's on a path that's gonna be very hard to run off of. JMO

waltzingmatilda
03-26-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't blame Lindsay for dropping her last name. She has tried and tried to distance herself from her father and he just continues to attempt to insert himself in her life. I wonder what part of 'No I don't wish to see or be near you' that he doesn't understand?

Dina and Ali are changing their last name to Sullivan and Lindsay is dropping Lohan altogether. SNAP! Maybe now Michael Lohan will get it' and stay out of her life! (not holding my breath though)

Even though I don't like Lindsay's behaviors, I still have a soft spot for her.

moo wm

reportertype
03-26-2011, 03:34 PM
I think she should definitely have zero relationship with her father. Unfortunately, I think the same thing about her mother. She would do well to make her own family.

Quiche
03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
I think the horse is out of the barn on the "Lohan" issue. Years too late, imo.

waltzingmatilda
04-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Lindsay falls down outside bar in NYC.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/01/lindsay-lohan-falls-down-pictures-response-statement-not-drunk-sober-nyc-new-york/

Geesh! She is still in recovery and always will be. Why is she out at a bar? Bad decision, IMO.

wm

Daisyjane
04-22-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/22/lindsay-lohan-charged-reduced-felony-grand-theft-misdemeanor-preliminary-hearing-court-necklace-shawn-holley-judge-stephanie-sautner-jewelry-store/

Lindsey Lohan just caught a MASSIVE break -- her felony grand theft charge was just downgraded to a misdemeanor.

Judge Stephanie Sautner ruled the offense, along with Lindsay's record, did not support a felony charge. The judge noted Lindsay's DUI conviction was 4 years ago.

Steely Dan
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/22/lindsay-lohan-charged-reduced-felony-grand-theft-misdemeanor-preliminary-hearing-court-necklace-shawn-holley-judge-stephanie-sautner-jewelry-store/

Lindsey Lohan just caught a MASSIVE break -- her felony grand theft charge was just downgraded to a misdemeanor.

Judge Stephanie Sautner ruled the offense, along with Lindsay's record, did not support a felony charge. The judge noted Lindsay's DUI conviction was 4 years ago.

IMO, she would have walked Scott Free if she had gone to trial.

Daisyjane
04-22-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/22/lindsay-lohan-misdemeanor-court-hearing-necklace-danette-meyers-shawn-holley-stephanie-sautner-reduced-felony-charge-kamofie-surveillance-video/

Judge Stephanie Sautner just threw the book at Lindsay Lohan for her probation violation, sentencing her to 120 days in county jail!!!

Lindsay has been remanded into custody and taken to the basement of the courthouse for booking. Lindsay's lawyer has said she'll appeal, which means Lindsay is entitled to post bail.

Lohan was also ordered to complete 480 hours of community service -- 360 of those hours must be performed at the Downtown Women's Center, so Lindsay can see how needy women have to live. The remaining 120 hours will be served at the L.A. County morgue.

Quiche
04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
EEK, three weeks at the morgue! :eek:

tapu
04-22-2011, 08:08 PM
EEK, three weeks at the morgue! :eek:

I dunno. I'd kinda be interested in doing that. :o

Although... I don't really think Lindsay will be.

Steely Dan
04-22-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/22/lindsay-lohan-misdemeanor-court-hearing-necklace-danette-meyers-shawn-holley-stephanie-sautner-reduced-felony-charge-kamofie-surveillance-video/

Judge Stephanie Sautner just threw the book at Lindsay Lohan for her probation violation, sentencing her to 120 days in county jail!!!

Lindsay has been remanded into custody and taken to the basement of the courthouse for booking. Lindsay's lawyer has said she'll appeal, which means Lindsay is entitled to post bail.

Lohan was also ordered to complete 480 hours of community service -- 360 of those hours must be performed at the Downtown Women's Center, so Lindsay can see how needy women have to live. The remaining 120 hours will be served at the L.A. County morgue.

I think she would have walked free if there had been a trial. I bet she regrets taking the plea deal now but hopefully this will wake her up.

LCoastMom
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Here's the local news:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8088353

Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 120 days in a Los Angeles County jail Friday.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner refused to dismiss the case against Lohan, but said she often sees more serious cases that get reduced to misdemeanors. The court denied the D.A.'s request to stay the order.

In making her ruling, the judge said, "I'm going to give her an opportunity."

The misdemeanor has a potential penalty of a year in jail. Lohan pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor.

Holley's notice of appeal was filed, and bail was set at $75,000. The bail on a misdemeanor charge was to ensure Lohan will return to court.

The prosecutor asked for bail to be set at $350,000.

iluvmua
04-23-2011, 07:43 AM
LL has been to the morgue before, in 2008.

I just don't think she will change. I think she will be dead before 30 IF she does not get her act together once and for all.

Let's see if this stint at the morgue & jail change her.

reportertype
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
It would be great if she did get her act together but I don't see that happening. She's doing all the same things this time that she has done before, including falling down outside bars. Even if she wasn't drinking, hanging out in bars right now is a BAD idea for her.

Quiche
04-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Hmmm, seems like a candid shot! LOLOL

http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/03/29/11105/Lindsay-Lohan-16.jpg

BetteDavisEyes
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Sentenced to jail...
Post bail.

Sentenced to jail...
Post bail.

As a young actress, Lindsay Lohan had so much talent, so much potential. Alas! Lindsay's life has become a malignant mess for which there seems to be no cure. Sad :(

Steely Dan
04-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, seems like a candid shot! LOLOL

http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/03/29/11105/Lindsay-Lohan-16.jpg

That's just 7-up :rolleyes:

STEADFAST
04-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Lindsay Lohan: I'm the Victim of a Witch Hunt

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/25/lindsay-lohan-danette-meyers-district-attorney-felony-grand-theft-misdemeanor/
She thinks the prosecutor is trying to use her to get ahead in her career. :gavel:

Steely Dan
04-25-2011, 06:37 AM
She thinks the prosecutor is trying to use her to get ahead in her career. :gavel:

Well she IS a witch or a word that rhymes with it.

southcitymom
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
I dunno. I'd kinda be interested in doing that. :o

Although... I don't really think Lindsay will be.

Me too, tapu. I think it would be way cool to work in a morgue!

LCoastMom
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
That's just 7-up :rolleyes:

hmmm my 7/UP doesn't cloud the glass like that! :innocent:

Steely Dan
04-25-2011, 12:43 PM
hmmm my 7/UP doesn't cloud the glass like that! :innocent:

7 Up and grapefruit juice. :innocent:

Steely Dan
05-11-2011, 08:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/05/11/lohan.sentence/index.html?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

Lindsay Lohan sentenced in theft case
By Alan Duke, CNN
May 11, 2011 6:02 p.m. EDT

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/05/11/lohan.sentence/t1larg.lohan.prelim.gi.jpg
Lindsay Lohan arrives for a preliminary hearing on April 22, 2011 at the Airport Courthouse in Los Angeles

...Early release formulas, required by a federal order to reduce jail overcrowding, will likely reduce the sentence to about 14 days in jail, Los Angeles County Sheriff spokesman Steve Whitmore said after the hearing.

"Because of budget constraints and because we're under a federal consent decree that requires us to curb our overcrowding situation, nonviolent offenders, lesser crimes, get 20% of their sentence," Whitmore said.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner said the discounts on the sentences "seems to be like shopping at Costco."
Lohan pleads no contest in theft case.

Lohan likely qualifies to serve her sentence in home confinement, instead of a jail cell, but the probation officials will decide that, Whitmore said....

:rolleyes:

White Rain
05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
well whadaya know...another slap on the wrist! *WOW* so shocked...
I can't remember if I read this on Perez, TMZ, or some other site (they all run together) someone wrote "she's on probation for THIS offense for the next 3 yrs" and "so if she messes up AGAIN she better look out, she is gonna face some serious time.....
I choked from laughing. Yes, I really did. That'll be the day!