04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Court starts later today - I think 1PM

Palomine
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I have to stay off the night talk..it is maddening at times

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 09:27 AM

I just can't keep up with it all. I try really hard to read through 5/6pm because I can't watch and I want to keep up with what's going on. I was watching every night after my kids were in bed, but just couldn't manage to keep it up. Be nice if the threads were kept to what was going on in court and other threads created to discuss other things.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 09:29 AM
I was on the old court TV board.. but it seems the happening place is here

Palomine
04-13-2011, 09:43 AM
what I don't understand watching trial after trial..why don't people who kill plead guilty? Is it a game to them, committing the crime and then trying to get off

Tink56
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
I was on the old court TV board.. but it seems the happening place is here

Can't resist...Even BC figured that out...it's a great place to look for a missing spouse! :floorlaugh:

Palomine
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Can't resist...Even BC figured that out...it's a great place to look for a missing spouse! :floorlaugh:

it comes up when you do a search for Nancy Cooper..just a fluke...but it did give him an idea that people (not just Nancy's friends) were really interested

Palomine
04-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Brad blew his on plan..by not going to the Police Station to talk with Police, he made himself suspicious
Anyone who is concerned and worried would have been doing anything and everything to help find missing person!

Star12
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Anyone going this afternoon?

less0305
04-13-2011, 10:10 AM
it comes up when you do a search for Nancy Cooper..just a fluke...but it did give him an idea that people (not just Nancy's friends) were really interested

Something he never counted on. I'd like to see the exact order of searches. Did he search Websleuths and then search "book air canada" after he found out that public opinion, even that early, was that there was something rotten in Denmark and he wasn't going to fair too well in the States?

less0305
04-13-2011, 10:14 AM

And also... I think he thought NC would be as unimportant to the public as she was to him. He underestimated the value of Nancy to others, the friendships she'd made, the genuine concern for her that complete strangers had and who were happy to share in finding the mother of two little girls and follow it through to finding a killer.

PolkSaladAnnie
04-13-2011, 10:32 AM

Your tweets, comments and updates have been great. Tku very much!

macd
04-13-2011, 10:33 AM
To me, the web searches look like an attempt to seem normal.
If he wanted to set the scene as "I think Nancy is still alive, I want to work things out, we'll move to Canada together."
A story can be told, he was on the web: looking for Nancy, looking for a job in Canada to make Nancy happy, planning a tennis game since Nancy would be home soon to watch the kids.
Just like the calls to test the voice mail system at work. The story to be told is: everything is fine, see? I'm working like I always do in the morning.

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 10:36 AM

I have followed other cases when it has been known that someone from the office of the defense team (probably an intern) has joined a website and posted just as someone interested in the case. I'm not saying this is happening here but I do know it has been done in the past. MOO

Just the Fax
04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
We noticed an apparent intern for the state using an ipad the other day.
Websleuths was up.

CrimeAddict
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I have followed other cases when it has been known that someone from the office of the defense team (probably an intern) has joined a website and posted just as someone interested in the case. I'm not saying this is happening here but I do know it has been done in the past. MOO

Yeppers. I also think some times people post just to get a "rise" out of others and light a fire.. oh well.. such is life!

Palomine
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
We noticed an apparent intern for the state using an ipad the other day.
Websleuths was up.

I bought my friend an ipad 2 it gets delivered today

Palomine
04-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeppers. I also think some times people post just to get a "rise" out of others and light a fire.. oh well.. such is life!

and they only come out at night

PolkSaladAnnie
04-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Yes, that much is true; and it is probably happening here. W/S is one of the most credible sites with a wealth of great posters. The intelligence, info, great sleuthing and consistency in terms of seeking justice ranks tops!

After W/S crashed in '03 (I had a different hat) I joined CTV - wayyyy back in the day during SP trial. Man oh man - us newbie posters - we just got eaten alive. Tho ... Royal Purple, MsCrabApple come to mind ... there were some real greats back then just as some posters here are True Grit! We were *convinced* Inmate SP's family/def were on board. I was also posting at the Modesto Bee, lol.

"Those were the days, my friend ...we thought they'd never end ..."

Just sayin ...

FullDisclosure
04-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Court starts later today - I think 1PM

I *think* Judge Gessner said 1:30 today. (That's the thing I didn't write down!) Could someone else who was there chime in?

PolkSaladAnnie
04-13-2011, 10:55 AM
and they only come out at night

:floorlaugh: lions and tigers and bears ... OH my! ... :floorlaugh:

Indeed, palomine; that they do.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
I *think* Judge Gessner said 1:30 today. (That's the thing I didn't write down!) Could someone else who was there chime in?

1:00 it starts

NCB
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Yep, 1:30 is what I remember, too.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#CooperTrial wraps up for the day. Tomorrow is a 1/2 day. Court will be in session from 1-5pm.

NCB
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM

What a wonderful pal you are, Palomine!!

Madeleine74
04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
He said 1:30pm.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#CooperTrial wraps up for the day. Tomorrow is a 1/2 day. Court will be in session from 1-5pm.

Did we ever find out if today's beginning will be live or is there more undercover testimony?

CrimeAddict
04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I hope we get to see something today.. It's frustrating keeping track of things and paying attention to the trial and we are cut off from the testimony.. and an important day of testimony too..

Do you think the pros are almost done? I have a feeling the defense will pull kind of a short show for us after the pros are done..

Maja
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
He said 1:30pm.

Eh, 1:00 or 1:30, what's the diff? No video/audio :(

uncfan
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Bummed that when we finally get the computer forensics we're blacked out. Appreciate the tweets and WS posts, though difficult to follow the latter through the noise of side discussions. Still really disappointed in the "shallow" press coverage by WRAL and The N&O. Maybe The N&O will do a more in-depth special article at some point in the future (possibly titled "How Brad Got Away With It").

NCB
04-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Did we ever find out if today's beginning will be live or is there more undercover testimony?

The undercover officer continues today.

FullDisclosure
04-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Eh, 1:00 or 1:30, what's the diff? No video/audio :(

For those of us who attend, it matters! :)

RaleighNC
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM

I wish you were a pal o' mine, if you were passing out iPad 2's.

:great:

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
it is amazing defense didn't spend a lot of time with FBI witness considering they badgered the police detective until the Judge said ...thats enough

FullDisclosure
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM

I second that!

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:21 AM

I want one..but I just can't get a grip on apple operating system, I gave my i mac away to another friend

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:21 AM
The undercover officer continues today.

Thank you. Well, at least with this morning's late start I have been able to get caught up with my laundry. Not 9 loads though!

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:22 AM

My children gave me one for Christmas 2 years ago and I have never taken it out of the box.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 11:25 AM
it is amazing defense didn't spend a lot of time with FBI witness considering they badgered the police detective until the Judge said ...thats enough

The defense didn't claim the FBI did anything wrong. They didn't have an issue with what the FBI presented. Not much to cross examine. They got what they wanted out of the FBI, which was to show that the files were modified. The FBI does not know how those were modified.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 11:26 AM
My children gave me one for Christmas 2 years ago and I have never taken it out of the box.

Okay, I give up, what is an I Pad anyway? How is it different from my lap top?

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 11:27 AM

If you had an ipad 2 two years ago, you truly are a supersleuth (just kidding since the ipad 2 just came out...I know you meant just an ipad).

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 11:29 AM

If you take it out of the box and just start with a few things and keep your laptop/desktop whatever you use....within a short while you will like it/love it/become addicted to it! :twocents:

Albert
04-13-2011, 11:32 AM

Are you familiar with iPod or iPhone from Apple. An iPad is a tablet type computer that has been rocking the world for several years. There are 100K+ apps that you can easily install on the iPad. It is very light weight, great battery life and best of all.... it does not run windoze.

NCB
04-13-2011, 11:33 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad

I've had mine just over a year and I love it.

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Good Morning Folks!!:greetings::coffeecup:

I have start out by thanking all those true sleuthers who trekked to the Courthouse and kept all us addicted Trail watchers for what was happening down there!! a BIG :tyou: and I know we are all indebted to you all for your efforts :bowdown::bowdown:

Since I happen to be one of those who :fencefall: long ago, I think in order for me to crawl back up there Defense best build me a sturdy ladder. Brad was NOT a experienced felon, altho he was schooled smart , he certainly NOT Life skilled IMO So, what ends up is in his mind that he covered his tracks. .. I am sure he thought he had delted, nuked, wiped all those pesky calls, texts, emails and data...Well ya didnt my dear. :loser:

OKay, Now that I have vented, I am all ready to go :woohoo:

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:38 AM
If you had an ipad 2 two years ago, you truly are a supersleuth (just kidding since the ipad 2 just came out...I know you meant just an ipad).

Well, it's not a 2--it's an iPad--that's all I know. I'm not a techie person but I appreciated that my kids where trying to help me be one

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:39 AM

well happy days the I pad2 was delivered ....moments ago

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Good Morning Folks!!:greetings::coffeecup:

I have start out by thanking all those true sleuthers who trekked to the Courthouse and kept all us addicted Trail watchers for what was happening down there!! a BIG :tyou: and I know we are all indebted to you all for your efforts :bowdown::bowdown:

Since I happen to be one of those who :fencefall: long ago, I think in order for me to crawl back up there Defense best build me a sturdy ladder. Brad was NOT a experienced felon, altho he was schooled smart , he certainly NOT Life skilled IMO So, what ends up is in his mind that he covered his tracks. .. I am sure he thought he had delted, nuked, wiped all those pesky calls, texts, emails and data...Well ya didnt my dear. :loser:

OKay, Now that I have vented, I am all ready to go :woohoo:

Based on the FBIs testimony yesterday, there is zero evidence he tried to wipe anything from the computers.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Well, it's not a 2--it's an iPad--that's all I know. I'm not a techie person but I appreciated that my kids where trying to help me be one

Okay, since we are blacked out this afternoon, that should be your assignment. Get the Ipad out of the box and connect to websleuths with it. You can do it.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM

If you don't want it, I'd gladly help you declutter.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Are you familiar with iPod or iPhone from Apple. An iPad is a tablet type computer that has been rocking the world for several years. There are 100K+ apps that you can easily install on the iPad. It is very light weight, great battery life and best of all.... it does not run windoze.

Nope, :( I have a little verizon phone with a picture of one of my dogs on the screen. I know it takes pictures, but I don't know how to do that. One of my daughters took a picture of *my* dog for my phone and a picture of husband's dog for *his* phone, so we could tell our phones apart. :banghead: I wouldn't know an 'apps' if it came up and bit me in the butt. I've always only used windows, outlook express and internet explorer. Those fancy new phones look really cool, but by the time I find my reading glasses when my own phone rings, so I could see *who* it says is calling.....and the buttons are so small. My hands, knuckles, have a bit of arthritis in them now, it's hard to press those little buttons. I think it would be hard for me to use one of those fancy new phones that gets email and such.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Okay, since we are blacked out this afternoon, that should be your assignment. Get the Ipad out of the box and connect to websleuths with it. You can do it.

I may very well give it a try :)
Will let you know how successful I am.

cityslick
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Based on the FBIs testimony yesterday, there is zero evidence he tried to wipe anything from the computers.

This is what I don't understand about the states case. They bring up something earlier in the trial (in this case, the DBAN software) but then don't correlate that to anything, like if he had this on the pc or if FBI can determine what (if anything) wiped.

Everyone always mentions 'foundation' but it's not foundation if there's nothing that goes with the foundation.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
If you don't want it, I'd gladly help you declutter.

I will see what I can do with it today. If I am a complete and utter failure, I may take you up on it--if you will take the rest of my clutter too!

SleuthinNC
04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
I also posted over on the inconsistencies thread. I am really wondering about some things.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:52 AM
the computer evidence is key because the separation agreement was NOT for Brads eyes..it was a draft between Nancy and her Lawyer
Also Brad accessed the bank account that had no online access for 2 years...maybe to make it look like Nancy accessed it!!

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Nope, :( I have a little verizon phone with a picture of one of my dogs on the screen. I know it takes pictures, but I don't know how to do that. One of my daughters took a picture of *my* dog for my phone and a picture of husband's dog for *his* phone, so we could tell our phones apart. :banghead: I wouldn't know an 'apps' if it came up and bit me in the butt. I've always only used windows, outlook express and internet explorer. Those fancy new phones look really cool, but by the time I find my reading glasses when my own phone rings, so I could see *who* it says is calling.....and the buttons are so small. My hands, knuckles, have a bit of arthritis in them now, it's hard to press those little buttons. I think it would be hard for me to use one of those fancy new phones that gets email and such.

I have a Samsung Fascinate phone with the droid OS. It's really just like a small computer and I'm constantly surprised at all the apps and various other things it will do. I rarely use it though and each time it rings it scares me because I'm so unaccustomed to hearing it.
I am like you Gracielee, not much into the tech stuff. I'll leave it to the younger folks. And thank goodness for the kids--they have programmed everything in my house.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
This is what I don't understand about the states case. They bring up something earlier in the trial (in this case, the DBAN software) but then don't correlate that to anything, like if he had this on the pc or if FBI can determine what (if anything) wiped.

Everyone always mentions 'foundation' but it's not foundation if there's nothing that goes with the foundation.

They may be just throwing stuff out there, all jumbled up, to try to get something to stick. The jury is bound to be confused about a lot of this so called evidence. I am disappointed in the state's case so far and I consider myself to be of reasonable intelligence. It has taken my reading through many of the posts on here for the dots to connect.... and the poor jury can't even grunt about anything yet.

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I will see what I can do with it today. If I am a complete and utter failure, I may take you up on it--if you will take the rest of my clutter too!

Sending the 'decluttering truck over'...am thinking there might be "gold" hidden in there....I mean an I-pad after all...who knows what else???

Palomine
04-13-2011, 11:59 AM

it sucks to be locked out of the most important evidence...

gracielee
04-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I have a Samsung Fascinate phone with the droid OS. It's really just like a small computer and I'm constantly surprised at all the apps and various other things it will do. I rarely use it though and each time it rings it scares me because I'm so unaccustomed to hearing it.
I am like you Gracielee, not much into the tech stuff. I'll leave it to the younger folks. And thank goodness for the kids--they have programmed everything in my house.

That sounds really cool. Sometimes I mention to my husband, "I want one of those fancy new phones..." He usually just gives me THE LOOK! Like 'damn, this is going to cost me more money', but he knows if I really want it, I'll get it and he really doesn't want to have to spend more money on phone bills. I hate techie stuff. One night, a couple months ago, our electric garage door opened in the middle of the night. Scared the crap out of me & hubby. I liked the old fashioned garage doors that didn't just open up at will, at 3:00 a.m. :maddening:

iucpa
04-13-2011, 12:03 PM

Actually the iPad has only been out just over one year. It was announced last January and released March 2010. I have an ipad2, MacBook and iPhone so I'm quite the Apple geek.

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
They may be just throwing stuff out there, all jumbled up, to try to get something to stick. The jury is bound to be confused about a lot of this so called evidence. I am disappointed in the state's case so far and I consider myself to be of reasonable intelligence. It has taken my reading through many of the posts on here for the dots to connect.... and the poor jury can't even grunt about anything yet.

Have had this thought that the jury is going to go a couple of ways at this point in time:

1. Buy the prosecution argument that CPD mishandled the case from the beginning. Depending on their experience with L.E. Then NG

2. Agree that States case adds up to Guilty via building of Circum. Evid. but discounting all the computer stuff because the testimony was so back and forth. So guilty.

Of course this is all before Defense case goes forth and before what I hope will be powerful closing arguments and all ends tied up.

Just a couple of thoughts ...anyone else, please jump in!

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 12:06 PM
the computer evidence is key because the separation agreement was NOT for Brads eyes..it was a draft between Nancy and her Lawyer
Also Brad accessed the bank account that had no online access for 2 years...maybe to make it look like Nancy accessed it!!

IIRC..All these items were obtained from Nancy's computer yesterday , Yes? No? I seem to recall from another witness (notblacked out) that Brad's Blackjack Phone had been either wiped, or been reset to indicate was it 31 hours, or 31 days...Of course he did have that phone until Oct.-8 and Nancy's computer was handed over on the 15/16th....Her phone seemed to have been worked on first. IF Brad could sign on her acct. on her computer, surely he could have signed on her phone too??..Then locked it pasword protected...Voila.Det. McDreamy ended up deleting data :banghead:

I agree, I tend to think Brad's plan backfired..He was not prepared for such a quick alert of her being missing...He had to go into high gear to unload more stuff. BTW..Did I hear from that security guy that Brad went to office on that Sat. July 12th?..IF so, what did he return to his office? and What time of day was that?..

Never mind, I have so many things rolling around in my head..Some things are clear as day, and others are abut murky..

NCEast
04-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Sending the 'decluttering truck over'...am thinking there might be "gold" hidden in there....I mean an I-pad after all...who knows what else???

Trust me, there's plenty. Not so much gold though. It's just crazy to have so much stuff and nothing means much any more.
To all of you young folks on here--get the best education you can in your late teens and 20s, get married, start your careers in your late 20s, have several babies in your 30s, enjoy life to the absolute fullest in your 40s and begin buying the best furniture, books and antiques you can afford, with the 50s come the grandkids to enjoy and life sort of begins to wind down a bit.
I know of which I speak :)

NCEast
04-13-2011, 12:09 PM
That sounds really cool. Sometimes I mention to my husband, "I want one of those fancy new phones..." He usually just gives me THE LOOK! Like 'damn, this is going to cost me more money', but he knows if I really want it, I'll get it and he really doesn't want to have to spend more money on phone bills. I hate techie stuff. One night, a couple months ago, our electric garage door opened in the middle of the night. Scared the crap out of me & hubby. I liked the old fashioned garage doors that didn't just open up at will, at 3:00 a.m. :maddening:

You are probably eligible for an upgrade and many times you can get a new and much more fancy phone for next to nothing with a new contract with your same company. Check into it. If you already have internet coverage on your old phone the new phone won't cost any more for that.
Having a garage door open in the middle of the night probably would finish me off.

luckyme
04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Have had this thought that the jury is going to go a couple of ways at this point in time:

1. Buy the prosecution argument that CPD mishandled the case from the beginning. Depending on their experience with L.E. Then NG

2. Agree that States case adds up to Guilty via building of Circum. Evid. but discounting all the computer stuff because the testimony was so back and forth. So guilty.

Of course this is all before Defense case goes forth and before what I hope will be powerful closing arguments and all ends tied up.

I think it will be a hung jury!!! moo They will be out a while. I will probally be on vacation by he time they decide. lol

ohiogirl
04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
IIRC..All these items were obtained from Nancy's computer yesterday , Yes? No? I seem to recall from another witness (notblacked out) that Brad's Blackjack Phone had been either wiped, or been reset to indicate was it 31 hours, or 31 days...Of course he did have that phone until Oct.-8 and Nancy's computer was handed over on the 15/16th....Her phone seemed to have been worked on first. IF Brad could sign on her acct. on her computer, surely he could have signed on her phone too??..Then locked it pasword protected...Voila.Det. McDreamy ended up deleting data :banghead:

I agree, I tend to think Brad's plan backfired..He was not prepared for such a quick alert of her being missing...He had to go into high gear to unload more stuff. BTW..Did I hear from that security guy that Brad went to office on that Sat. July 12th?..IF so, what did he return to his office? and What time of day was that?..

Never mind, I have so many things rolling around in my head..Some things are clear as day, and others are abut murky..

Yes, I have been asking about that also. No one seems to know.

ohiogirl
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow, it took me three hours to catch up from yesterday. You guys sure talk a lot. When do you sleep? lol

Palomine
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
I think it will be a hung jury!!! moo They will be out a while. I will probally be on vacation by he time they decide. lol

common sense will allow this jury to put all pieces together and realize that Brad loved money more than his Family...he choose murder over divorce

BrownRice
04-13-2011, 12:16 PM
What I find compelling about this trial is the state seems to be doing the defense's job for them. Bring up all the experts and witnesses, show what a thorough job they did investigating them, show how NO evidence was found; go to next expert witness and proceed likewise.

With a circumstantial evidence case, I get how all the layers need to be put down, build a foundation, etc. In this case though, I just see a very big foundation laid (I envision it like the concrete slab foundation under my house). But at some point, you need to finish the foundation slab and start putting up walls, electrical, plumbing, to have a house. Right now I just see concrete. I want a house.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Trust me, there's plenty. Not so much gold though. It's just crazy to have so much stuff and nothing means much any more.
To all of you young folks on here--get the best education you can in your late teens and 20s, get married, start your careers in your late 20s, have several babies in your 30s, enjoy life to the absolute fullest in your 40s and begin buying the best furniture, books and antiques you can afford, with the 50s come the grandkids to enjoy and life sort of begins to wind down a bit.
I know of which I speak :)

So true, well, except my time schedule was a bit accelerated. I had all my children by 26. :great: I'll add, sell your long time home after about 35 years. It forces you to get rid of some of the *stuff* you've accumulated over the years, and it forces the kids to finally remove their crap from the attic and basement. :floorlaugh: And once you move, never, NEVER put anything into your new attic. :crazy:

luckyme
04-13-2011, 12:17 PM
common sense will allow this jury to put all pieces together and realize that Brad loved money more than his Family...he choose murder over divorce

It could go either way. Im sure there will be a few people who want to see more evidence. Im still saying hung.

BrownRice
04-13-2011, 12:17 PM

Please show me one thing that indicates BC loved money more than his family. We already know he was a cad and a philanderer. But how does this tie into money?

Danielle59
04-13-2011, 12:18 PM

Bricks without mortar.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Your thoughts are running along the same line as my own.
I am thinking at this point in the trial, that if they find him guilty it will because of the 'horrible person he is' testimony and not from any evidence produced.
As we mentioned a couple of days ago, they will take notice of the many witnesses and various deposition testimony which makes him appear to be an SOB, whether they fully understand any of the technical aspects of the testimony or not. I am looking forward to the defense case, am sitting on the fence about how much and how long.

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 12:21 PM
So true, well, except my time schedule was a bit accelerated. I had all my children by 26. :great: I'll add, sell your long time home after about 35 years. It forces you to get rid of some of the *stuff* you've accumulated over the years, and it forces the kids to finally remove their crap from the attic and basement. :floorlaugh: And once you move, never, NEVER put anything into your new attic. :crazy:

MOM!!! Is that you. I didn't know you were on Websleuths! :great:

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 12:22 PM
You know, I have been thinking about all these forensics of phones, and computers, looking at all your searches, and every call you make and receive.. Yikes, I sure Hope I never go missing..IF they searched my computer ..man oh man..It would appear I am some sort of serial killer!! I do alot of googling blogging on sites such as this :truce: My phone records would be boring, but my computer :gasp: would have them really scratching their heads:waitasec:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Palomine
04-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Please show me one thing that indicates BC loved money more than his family. We already know he was a cad and a philanderer. But how does this tie into money?

he took his abuse up a notch the moment he read the separation agreement..

NCEast
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Absolutely--that's when a lot of things changed.

luckyme
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok. Do we know the ages of jurors and their professions. I know there are only two men.

luckyme
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM

You have to have twelve jurors agree with that theory. Maybe they will , but i doubt it.

MrsWendy
04-13-2011, 12:27 PM
...Also Brad accessed the bank account that had no online access for 2 years...maybe to make it look like Nancy accessed it!!

I think you're reading too much into his access of that bank account.

We know from several pieces of testimony that he was putting together a list of all of their assets, which is not unusual for someone who is heading towards a divorce. So he could have simply been checking the latest balance in the account as part of totaling all of their assets.

CyberPro
04-13-2011, 12:31 PM

Well HELLO FRIEND!!! :great: :seeya:

Do you need me to PM you my address so you can be sure to get my iPad 2 delivered correctly??

:woohoo: :tyou:

RaleighNC
04-13-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't believe it was about money. It was about control and abandonment. She was really going to leave. And it was going to 'cost' him - he didn't like it - but not that it was really a money thing. I see very little evidence that HE loved money all that much. His car was older / less expensive, his yard and home did not reflect the illusion of wealth, he personally had few trappings of wealth.

He couldn't control her. He's lose control of his financial destiny, not necessarily the money itself. And it's not that he wanted her to stay, either - just control and if she left - it should be on HIS TERMS.

He determined it was either her or him that had to die. Ultimately, his self love and arrogance told him he was more worthy to live and she needed to go. (And he figured with his superior intellect, he'd get away with it)

DogWood
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM

IIRC, he went to his office at Cisco on July 17th. That was also the day his badge was deactivated.

Danielle59
04-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I seem to recall from another witness (notblacked out) that Brad's Blackjack Phone had been either wiped, or been reset to indicate was it 31 hours, or 31 days...

I edited your post to just this one point I want to comment on. I can't find it on my current phone, but my old phone, which I can't recall was, started with an "M," listed the total minutes/hours of usage of the phone from the time it was put into service. I was wondering if that was what they were discussing. If it was a work cell phone, he may have mainly used it for work. I am not sure how long he had the phone from the time he initially got it. I really was confused by the tweets on that issue.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok. Do we know the ages of jurors and their professions. I know there are only two men.

I do not know anything about them, have been trying to find out. Knowing the make up of the jury--ages, socio-economic background (the apparent looks of either dirt poor or getting by nicely), education, etc. would perhaps help me get a glimpse into their minds.

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 12:41 PM
IIRC, he went to his office at Cisco on July 17th. That was also the day his badge was deactivated.

I remember that date as well, regarding 17th, but his badge was deactivated because Cicsco had been served some sort of S/W and Brad's Office was suppose to be secured..BUT, somewhere in the recesses of my muddled brain, I recall the 12th date too..Also recall questions about what he wore, and what type of bag he had, what was usual atire for him and others, whether Backpacks, or duffle bags were normal??..That line of questionings..
Maybe he did pop by, short visit..and being a Saturday, only ones that knew he had been there was that security had records of badge usage?..Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree??..Maybe I will try and go back and find that testimony...Anyone remember the date of Security from Cisco testimony?

snowshuze
04-13-2011, 12:42 PM

They like cake. :)

cityslick
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't believe it was about money. It was about control and abandonment. She was really going to leave. And it was going to 'cost' him - he didn't like it - but not that it was really a money thing. I see very little evidence that HE loved money all that much. His car was older / less expensive, his yard and home did not reflect the illusion of wealth, he personally had few trappings of wealth.

He couldn't control her. He's lose control of his financial destiny, not necessarily the money itself. And it's not that he wanted her to stay, either - just control and if she left - it should be on HIS TERMS.

He determined it was either her or him that had to die. Ultimately, his self love and arrogance told him he was more worthy to live and she needed to go. (And he figured with his superior intellect, he'd get away with it)

I can buy that, but it contradicts the fact that he was very willing to let her go for a period of time. I don't think he cared if she left, just don't leave and make him barely scrape by for a living.

Another thing that gets forgotten is I haven't heard if NC tried to make revisions (what were they) to the sep. agreement and if he just rejected all of them.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
LIKE BEING on Trial for murder isn't Negative!!!
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Howard Kurtz: "This is simply a way of making Brad appear in the most negative light possible." #coopertrial
12 Apr
WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Howard Kurtz objects & says: "Suicide has no relevance in a homicide case." #coopertrial

gracielee
04-13-2011, 12:54 PM
I think those arguments at the preschool were beginning to show the 'other side of Brad'. He could get very angry, very quickly. And his previous girlfriend show's he had an extremely huge vindictive side to him also. MOO

Palomine
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
are there any original posters from CTV here?

gracielee
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
LIKE BEING on Trial for murder isn't Negative!!!
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Howard Kurtz: "This is simply a way of making Brad appear in the most negative light possible." #coopertrial
12 Apr
WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Howard Kurtz objects & says: "Suicide has no relevance in a homicide case." #coopertrial

I would like to see/hear the pros. revisit that judges ruling. Taking into account what Garry Rentz stated, 'brad dreaming about seeing three bodies..." along with the suicide site, I think that should be allowed for the jury to consider. MOO

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM

I was on CTV. I started with the Kathleen Peterson case.

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I think those arguments at the preschool were beginning to show the 'other side of Brad'. He could get very angry, very quickly. And his previous girlfriend show's he had an extremely huge vindictive side to him also. MOO

This again is contradictory though. You have that argument at the preschool, but then on July 11th she rips into him and yet he didn't yell at her.

I agree that he could get angry, but maybe when with only certain subjects (such as the kids).

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I would like to see/hear the pros. revisit that judges ruling. Taking into account what Garry Rentz stated, 'brad dreaming about seeing three bodies..." along with the suicide site, I think that should be allowed for the jury to consider. MOO

It's not going to happen. This was discussed when it came up (I was surprised it was sustained) but if you look at it a certain way, it is prejudicial. The site was about suicide, and the judge didn't want the jury to assume just because he was looking up suicide that should translate into him looking at ways to kill her.

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I can buy that, but it contradicts the fact that he was very willing to let her go for a period of time. I don't think he cared if she left, just don't leave and make him barely scrape by for a living.

Another thing that gets forgotten is I haven't heard if NC tried to make revisions (what were they) to the sep. agreement and if he just rejected all of them.

I dont believe there was any revisions, as Brad's lawyers never were on board> since Brad's check bounced..Brad never did come to the table on that..and dont believe he ever did have any legal council in regards to separation, divorce or custody of kids until after he was charged for murder.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how it seems to have gone down from the testimony I have heard and some of the reports Web Sleuthers posted here :waitasec:

Lori59
This again is contradictory though. You have that argument at the preschool, but then on July 11th she rips into him and yet he didn't yell at her.

I agree that he could get angry, but maybe when with only certain subjects (such as the kids).

KIDS = MONEY .....to Brad. JMO

borndem
Brad blew his on plan..by not going to the Police Station to talk with Police, he made himself suspicious
Anyone who is concerned and worried would have been doing anything and everything to help find missing person!

Yep - If I were not guilty and loved & was worried about my spouse, I would have been camped out on their doorstep.,,,

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:05 PM

He didn't have *kids* with the previous girl friend though. I don't think it was the *kids* as much as the general attitude of 'control'. His anger flared when/if he felt his control was being circumvented. MOO

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Each time a major case has been aired--S. Peterson, OJ, M. Peterson I have had a major body problem or something which kept me in the house and glued to the tv. I was so mad that the S. Peterson case was not televised and we had to rely on the CTV folks, with their Blackberrys, send info out to the girl who covered it each day. I really, really liked her and can't remember her name.
Brad is arrogant and smug but Michael Peterson wins all records for that. I detested that man as much as I do Brad and celebrated for a week when the guilty verdict was announced. I am not far from the correctional facility he's in and I have considered, many times, about seeing if I could visit him. I don't want to befriend him, I just want to see how beaten down he is physically and mentally after living such a grandiose life style and thinking he could not only murder one woman but two and get away with it.

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Yep, sure was one of those. Loved it when the trials were live!

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Each time a major case has been aired--S. Peterson, OJ, M. Peterson I have had a major body problem or something which kept me in the house and glued to the tv. I was so mad that the S. Peterson case was not televised and we had to rely on the CTV folks, with their Blackberrys, send info out to the girl who covered it each day. I really, really liked her and can't remember her name.
Brad is arrogant and smug but Michael Peterson wins all records for that. I detested that man as much as I do Brad and celebrated for a week when the guilty verdict was announced. I am not far from the correctional facility he's in and I have considered, many times, about seeing if I could visit him. I don't want to befriend him, I just want to see how beaten down he is physically and mentally after living such a grandiose life style and thinking he could not only murder one woman but two and get away with it.

Beth Karas?

dgfred
04-13-2011, 01:08 PM

I dislike the 'other' Peterson even more... the cop. :maddening:

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Beth Karas?

Bless you, that's right. I really liked her so much. She was excellent at providing even the most tiny piece of information to the CTV watching audience. I think she knew he was guilty, as we all did, and she did a good job of not showing any bias in her reports.

jilly
04-13-2011, 01:10 PM

Strange how these murder cases have the oddest parallels. I remember OJ didn't want to take a poly because he told Ron Shipp he'd had a dream about killing Nicole. That testimony was allowed but then again, that was Ito!

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I dislike the 'other' Peterson even more... the cop. :maddening:

If they don't hurry up and get on with that case everybody, including him, will be dead.
I will do my best to follow that trial(s) as he is guilty as sin of how many disappearing/dead wives--3?

hotpinkstef
Twitter updates
CPD Computer Dets Thomas & Ice in court rm waiting for trial to resume. Jr just walked in. Otherwise near empty right now. #coopertrial
Det Young sitting next to Jr, helping him w/ projector. Looks right at home in well of court. "NetAnalysis" doc on screen. #coopertrial

gracielee
It's not going to happen. This was discussed when it came up (I was surprised it was sustained) but if you look at it a certain way, it is prejudicial. The site was about suicide, and the judge didn't want the jury to assume just because he was looking up suicide that should translate into him looking at ways to kill her.

For me it was the time frame. IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong, the suicide site was in Feb/Mar???

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Strange how these murder cases have the oddest parallels. I remember OJ didn't want to take a poly because he told Ron Shipp he'd had a dream about killing Nicole. That testimony was allowed but then again, that was Ito!

They should use that trial in every law school in the country as to what NOT to do from both sides. Judge Ito was an idiot at times.....and remember all of those blasted sidebars? About 20 a day. Unbearable.

borndem
04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
I can't see where WRAL has turned on the coverage yet. Does anybody see it?

Amster
04-13-2011, 01:16 PM
There is one gleaming bright spot for Brad...no matter what happens, he has a lot of people supporting him.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:16 PM

IIRC, he has been 'beaten down' literally, a couple times in prison, hasn't he? I wonder how the children are doing? Wonder if those adopted girls have ever begun to have any doubts about their own mother? It would be nice for them to let their mothers side of the family get to know them a bit....

Palomine
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM

What is with that Peterson name???oops my wife fell up the stairs

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
He didn't have *kids* with the previous girl friend though. I don't think it was the *kids* as much as the general attitude of 'control'. His anger flared when/if he felt his control was being circumvented. MOO

Where are all the other instances of arguments then? The state can't even get her friends to testify if he had a history of raising his voice to her. How do you get 'anger flared' when we have no evidence of it outside of one day?

hotpinkstef
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM

FBI still on stand to video or audio

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
For me it was the time frame. IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong, the suicide site was in Feb/Mar???

February I believe, and only that one instance I believe.

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 01:20 PM
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Det Young sitting next to Jr, helping him w/ projector. Looks right at home in well of court. "NetAnalysis" doc on screen. #coopertrial

stevengauck Steven Gauck
DA Amy Fitzhugh's mother watching today. Amy introduced her to CPD.I'd pick a diff trial to show off my prosecutorial prowess. #coopertrial

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Lunchtime drink specials are over. Lochmere gossip hens starting to roll in. #coopertrial

NCEast
IIRC, he has been 'beaten down' literally, a couple times in prison, hasn't he? I wonder how the children are doing? Wonder if those adopted girls have ever begun to have any doubts about their own mother? It would be nice for them to let their mothers side of the family get to know them a bit....

I remember well that right after he ended up at the facility, within a few weeks, he was beaten by a group and taken to the hospital. He is still proclaiming an owl killed Kathleen.

ncsu95

Exactly. They have literally thrown crap against the wall throughout their whole case and then never mentioned it again. What they did with the shoes really bothers me. They spend a bunch of time pointing out the missing HT shoes. Yet they bring in a witness to testify about mica on his running shoes even though it doesn't chemically match the crimes scene. But if a juror only heard the mica part, they might think it meant something. But does that mean they now have a theory that he wore the running shoes to dump her, then changed to the missing shoes, then changed to the sandles? Or does that mean they think he cased this site prior to the murder, even though they haven't come out an suggested it? To me, it's more like "See...his shoes are missing so he must have killed her". But also "See...there was white mica on his running shoes so he must have killed her because there was also white mica at the body site even though we only tested there, his yard, and lochmere lake...but it means he must have killed her". Or "See...we took this rug...but I'll mention much later that nothing was found on the rug so you will think the rug was important". Or "See, he bought a tarp at Lowes, so he must have killed her. Please ignore that the same tarp was found in an unoppened package in the garage...he must have killed her because he bought it." The whole freaking case has been like this. Or even sneaky stuff like "How big is the fxo? It would be able to fit in your pocket, right? But please ignore that the fxo won't work without a router that is at least the size of a pizza box because the fxo is small, so it means he could hide it in his pocket...which means he must have killed her."

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM

If the rest of your clutter is unopened electronics, we have a deal. :woohoo:

Palomine
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
#CooperTrial from 1-5pm today. Det. Chappell back on the stand. Can't record his testimony. Awaiting notes from court, will tweet updates.

cityslick
They should use that trial in every law school in the country as to what NOT to do from both sides. Judge Ito was an idiot at times.....and remember all of those blasted sidebars? About 20 a day. Unbearable.

Remember the ME testimony?

Defense: Did you do this particular test (was supposed to do it)
ME: No
Defense: When did you plan on doing it?
ME: I don't know, now?

Camera pans to MClark, who looks like she wants to die right there.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Two of the earliest court tv cases I recall were the one where the husband shot & killed his news anchor wife in rural michigan. Was her name Diane something? And then the one where the native american guy, going the wrong way in interstate, smashed into and killed the family in a car on christmas eve. wife, three little girls killed, husband seriously injured. Drunk driving case appealled and reappealed. I often wonder what the outcome was. Tried to google it, without success. :(

NCEast

I don't remember the details now but about a year ago I saw an interview with some of the kids.....they have since scattered all over the U.S. The girls were still saying that their father is innocent. I too wish their mom's side of the family had been given a chance.

ncsu95

Key to what? It's key that he read her emails. But how is that key to showing he murdered her?

less0305
04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I really need to limit my social media and media sites voyeurism. I get sooooooo upset with how ignorant some people truly are.:maddening:

LyndyLoo
Where are all the other instances of arguments then? The state can't even get her friends to testify if he had a history of raising his voice to her. How do you get 'anger flared' when we have no evidence of it outside of one day?

The only explanation is that Brad's personality if interspective, he boils inside, keeps to himself, has enormous self-controls. BUT when his buttons gets pushed LOOKOUT!! Explosive and mean!!

The best way to describe it ~~ "Still Waters Run Deep"! JMOO

ETASK~ Who here knows guys or gals like that?? Different persona outside of home?? Reminds me of that song "What Goes On Behind Closed Doors" Charlie Rich song I think

NCEast

My understanding is that there is more undercover testimony this afternoon and then it should go live.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:24 PM
February I believe, and only that one instance I believe.

I thought it was book-marked?

Coolmomof4
04-13-2011, 01:25 PM

I was at CTV before Laci Peterson and Kathleen Petersen. I think I joined right before. I don't post much, mostly read.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes, I have been asking about that also. No one seems to know.

No, he went to the office on July 17th. He did not go on the 12th.

less0305
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Hmm, I think there was testimony that while sister was visiting she witnessed screaming obscenities at the house and the older daughter was holed up in a bedroom in a corner crying and wouldn't come out. Imagine what that house was like when there were no witnesses beyond those little children. If you'll do that in front of people and in a parking lot - do you honestly believe they sit quietly at home when they don't have an audience.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Exactly. They have literally thrown crap against the wall throughout their whole case and then never mentioned it again. What they did with the shoes really bothers me. They spend a bunch of time pointing out the missing HT shoes. Yet they bring in a witness to testify about mica on his running shoes even though it doesn't chemically match the crimes scene. But if a juror only heard the mica part, they might think it meant something. But does that mean they now have a theory that he wore the running shoes to dump her, then changed to the missing shoes, then changed to the sandles? Or does that mean they think he cased this site prior to the murder, even though they haven't come out an suggested it? To me, it's more like "See...his shoes are missing so he must have killed her". But also "See...there was white mica on his running shoes so he must have killed her because there was also white mica at the body site even though we only tested there, his yard, and lochmere lake...but it means he must have killed her". Or "See...we took this rug...but I'll mention much later that nothing was found on the rug so you will think the rug was important". Or "See, he bought a tarp at Lowes, so he must have killed her. Please ignore that the same tarp was found in an unoppened package in the garage...he must have killed her because he bought it." The whole freaking case has been like this. Or even sneaky stuff like "How big is the fxo? It would be able to fit in your pocket, right? But please ignore that the fxo won't work without a router that is at least the size of a pizza box because the fxo is small, so it means he could hide it in his pocket...which means he must have killed her."

I totally agree with you.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Your thoughts are running along the same line as my own.
I am thinking at this point in the trial, that if they find him guilty it will because of the 'horrible person he is' testimony and not from any evidence produced.
As we mentioned a couple of days ago, they will take notice of the many witnesses and various deposition testimony which makes him appear to be an SOB, whether they fully understand any of the technical aspects of the testimony or not. I am looking forward to the defense case, am sitting on the fence about how much and how long.

It would be a travesty if that is why they found him guilty. It would essentially be jury nullification.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Two days, two separate occasions at preschool. Towards the end of May. Things were escalating.

borndem
04-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I remember well that right after he ended up at the facility, within a few weeks, he was beaten by a group and taken to the hospital. He is still proclaiming an owl killed Kathleen.

I'm sure PETA had a fit with that defense! I loved it -- he was a writer, you know.

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
The only explanation is that Brad's personality if interspective, he boils inside, keeps to himself, has enormous self-controls. BUT when his buttons gets pushed LOOKOUT!! Explosive and mean!!

ETASK~ Who here knows guys or gals like that?? Different persona outside of home?? Reminds me of that song "What Goes On Behind Closed Doors" Charlie Rich song I think

So maybe BC didn't yell back in front of the friends and neighbors BUT he had an affair with HM, the bosses wife (kick in the azz to the boss) a fling with Ms. France.....um, think I would rather have my spouse shout back, argue and get it over with. These disrespectful affairs and behavior HURT way way more and much much longer than a verbal arguement.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I think you're reading too much into his access of that bank account.

We know from several pieces of testimony that he was putting together a list of all of their assets, which is not unusual for someone who is heading towards a divorce. So he could have simply been checking the latest balance in the account as part of totaling all of their assets.

Maybe he was checking the account to see if he had enough money to withdraw her $300. Maybe he was waiting for a deposit to clear. It would explain the delay and would explain checking the account. (I don't have any evidence and or knowledge of this...just popped into my head).

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Two of the earliest court tv cases I recall were the one where the husband shot & killed his news anchor wife in rural michigan. Was her name Diane something? And then the one where the native american guy, going the wrong way in interstate, smashed into and killed the family in a car on christmas eve. wife, three little girls killed, husband seriously injured. Drunk driving case appealled and reappealed. I often wonder what the outcome was. Tried to google it, without success. :(

I spent the entire 6 months or whatever on the OJ trial recovering from surgery--with complications. After that trial ended I had a ton of work and catching up to do so I'm not familiar with the two you mentioned. Or they may have come first? I think the next one I was involved with was the S. Peterson...and the following year M. Peterson. And the a couple of years ago Court TV changed their format, changed it again, and I don't even know if I can get the network any more.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:31 PM
I remember that date as well, regarding 17th, but his badge was deactivated because Cicsco had been served some sort of S/W and Brad's Office was suppose to be secured..BUT, somewhere in the recesses of my muddled brain, I recall the 12th date too..Also recall questions about what he wore, and what type of bag he had, what was usual atire for him and others, whether Backpacks, or duffle bags were normal??..That line of questionings..
Maybe he did pop by, short visit..and being a Saturday, only ones that knew he had been there was that security had records of badge usage?..Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree??..Maybe I will try and go back and find that testimony...Anyone remember the date of Security from Cisco testimony?

He did not go on the 12th. People on this site speculated he went on the 12th to return the fxo card and router. That might be where you are remembering this from. But he did not access that building on the 12th.

NCEast
I really need to limit my social media and media sites voyeurism. I get sooooooo upset with how ignorant some people truly are.:maddening:

If I ever become unbearable via ignorance or anything else, please pull me aside and tell me. I'm serious.

cityslick
Hmm, I think there was testimony that while sister was visiting she witnessed screaming obscenities at the house and the older daughter was holed up in a bedroom in a corner crying and wouldn't come out. Imagine what that house was like when there were no witnesses beyond those little children. If you'll do that in front of people and in a parking lot - do you honestly believe they sit quietly at home when they don't have an audience.

No I don't, but without evidence of screaming matches, how do we come up with the conclusion that BC had a short fuse? I mean, married people argue.

I'm just going off of evidence and testimony.

snowshuze
04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm just gonna go ahead and post this, to get it out of my system for the day.

:banghead:

Carry on.

:)

less0305
No I don't, but without evidence of screaming matches, how do we come up with the conclusion that BC had a short fuse? I mean, married people argue.

One of those married people wound up dead - coincidence, you say. Escalating violence, I say.

cityslick
Two days, two separate occasions at preschool. Towards the end of May. Things were escalating.

You're right, they were escalating, but you show me another two people in a messy divorce/relationship that involves kids that don't argue.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:34 PM
It would be a travesty if that is why they found him guilty. It would essentially be jury nullification.

I, too, would hate it if they found him guilty because of that. I want them to be intelligent, fact-seeking, people who find him guilty based on the evidence. If there is any......

KellyCrash
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Def Kurtz motioning to strike testimony of FBI agents from yest for failing to disclose exculpatory info #coopertrial

Overly-Curious
That was Diane King in MI...

less0305
If I ever become unbearable via ignorance or anything else, please pull me aside and tell me. I'm serious.

Nooooooo, it's another, much less intelligent venue!!!! I need to just stay off of them and keep my butt parked here and only here!!!
:crazy:

Tipstaff
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Maybe he acted on his shot fuse physically rather than verbally...and NC went missing I mean dead.

less0305
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I, too, would hate it if they found him guilty because of that. I want them to be intelligent, fact-seeking, people who find him guilty based on the evidence. If there is any......

And circumstantial evidence, even though acceptable by our legal standards, isn't evidence?

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:36 PM
There is one gleaming bright spot for Brad...no matter what happens, he has a lot of people supporting him.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. I don't like Brad Cooper the person based on the evidence. I just don't think he is a murderer. How is that supporting him?

Palomine
why would your government want limit ability to sell broadband services? they are talking about this on wral.com now??? I would give up food before high speed cable modem

less0305
You're right, they were escalating, but you show me another two people in a messy divorce/relationship that involves kids that don't argue.

Sometimes it escalates to murder - you can't deny that.

hotpinkstef
04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Def Kurtz motioning to strike testimony of FBI agents from yest for failing to disclose exculpatory info #coopertrial

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
One of those married people wound up dead - coincidence, you say. Escalating violence, I say.

You didn't even address my point. Very little evidence of arguments, two people going through a messy marriage, and BC has a 'short fuse'?

Explain to me how that works.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Nooooooo, it's another, much less intelligent venue!!!! I need to just stay off of them and keep my butt parked here and only here!!!
:crazy:

I quickly scanned a few posts on another site last night and was appalled at the ignorance and stupidity I read there. Probably the same site--just letters, no words?

NCEast
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck

Do we know how the judge ruled on this yet?

cody100

I agree. I think the judge made the right call in this situation.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:39 PM

I grew up, or rather, managed to survive, in a house like that. Small 30 ft. city lot. Other than the next-door neighbors & a few close relatives, no one witnessed anything 'first hand'. Of course I'm sure rumors were around. When the Jeffrey MacDonald case was being tried, I had flashbacks of how the DA described it happening, that 'backhand to the older girl, sending her flying into the doorframe, serious head injury, etc.' I've got a broken tailbone from preschool age, that has given me serious back problems my entire life. And those internal scars from the abuse that doesn't show on the outside. Yes, when there are no witnesses...you can only imagine what's going on inside the house. :(

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
And circumstantial evidence, even though acceptable by our legal standards, isn't evidence?

You are right, it's evidence and important evidence. But I just want a solid, hard-rock piece of evidence that nobody can deny. And we may not ever get it. I was hoping this computer testimony would be it but I don't think it is.

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe he acted on his shot fuse physically rather than verbally...and NC went missing then dead.

But that's an assumption. How was it established he had a short fuse prior to July 12? Because he argued in the parking lot with his estranged wife?

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:41 PM

There is absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. None. No one had testified that he has an anger and/or rage issue.

Danielle59
Key to what? It's key that he read her emails. But how is that key to showing he murdered her?

It was also shown that the sep draft was forwarded to him from Nancy's account on April 18th, or it was in some finding. According to her friends she had also discussed it with him.

I am curious, they say he intercepted all her emails by having them sent to the email associated with adventuresofbrad blog, but they don't tell us how often he accessed that email. I would be curious to know that.

cityslick

You're correct, but a vast majority of time it does not, or else the murder rate in the country would be insane.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I spent the entire 6 months or whatever on the OJ trial recovering from surgery--with complications. After that trial ended I had a ton of work and catching up to do so I'm not familiar with the two you mentioned. Or they may have come first? I think the next one I was involved with was the S. Peterson...and the following year M. Peterson. And the a couple of years ago Court TV changed their format, changed it again, and I don't even know if I can get the network any more.

These were both well before O.J. Court TV was just fledgling (sp?) in those days. Probably very early 1990's. Wish I knew what happened to the drunk guy who killed that family though. :(

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Do we know how the judge ruled on this yet?
No. Waiting on Twitter to update. :) I'm not there.

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:43 PM

It was. But haven't you ever bookmarked something that you never looked at again? Maybe he saw reference to it in a blog or forum and found the subject interesting. I've looked up quite a few odd things during this trial. I haven't bookmarked anything, but strange searches. And I do have bookmarks that I have never gone back to once I set the bookmark. I bookmarked it because I didn't have time to read it then but just forgot about it or no longer cared anymore about the subject.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
No. Waiting on Twitter to update. :) I'm not there.

I just tweet from Wral there is nothing yet...hopefully they will be quick on cross and on to live trial

Danielle59
04-13-2011, 01:45 PM

I don't think bookmarking something means anything, I have so much bookmarked I don't even know what half of it is and I bet 90% of the bookmarks I have I never revisited. My puter is six years old, I have bookmarks from then.

luckyme
just denied! per tweet

kljohnson0458
I quickly scanned a few posts on another site last night and was appalled at the ignorance and stupidity I read there. Probably the same site--just letters, no words?

I know where you are speaking of and trust me, they don't post anything nearly as informative as WS's on ANY case I've ever followed. I always come here first. Ya'll rock.

ohiogirl
[QUOTE=LyndyLoo;6330637]IIRC..All these items were obtained from Nancy's computer yesterday , Yes? No? I seem to recall from another witness (notblacked out) that Brad's Blackjack Phone had been either wiped, or been reset to indicate was it 31 hours, or 31 days...Of course he did have that phone until Oct.-8 and Nancy's computer was handed over on the 15/16th....Her phone seemed to have been worked on first. IF Brad could sign on her acct. on her computer, surely he could have signed on her phone too??..Then locked it pasword protected...Voila.Det. McDreamy ended up deleting data :banghead:

Sorry to take so long, but I went back to WRAL videos of 4/7, testimony of security guy from Cisco, he didn't say BC went on 7/12, I don't know where that came from. Sorry.

snowshuze
You're correct, but a vast majority of time it does not, or else the murder rate in the country would be insane.
You don't think the murder rate in this country is insane?

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0306.pdf

less0305
You are right, it's evidence and important evidence. But I just want a solid, hard-rock piece of evidence that nobody can deny. And we may not ever get it. I was hoping this computer testimony would be it but I don't think it is.

I understand what you're saying you feel. But my feelings are this: I'm convinced there is no DNA or eye witness or blood evidence or confession to anyone, and since a strangulation, no murder weapon - so outside of that, I'm stringing together all the circumstantial evidence in this case and it's a homerun to me - already! It was back in 2008. I'm on that jury of public opinion - and should I follow a case this intently and be called for jury duty for that case, I'm sure I'd never be seated with the same views. It all begins with BC being the last known person to see NC alive and I think it snow balls from there.

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
It was. But haven't you ever bookmarked something that you never looked at again? Maybe he saw reference to it in a blog or forum and found the subject interesting. I've looked up quite a few odd things during this trial. I haven't bookmarked anything, but strange searches. And I do have bookmarks that I have never gone back to once I set the bookmark. I bookmarked it because I didn't have time to read it then but just forgot about it or no longer cared anymore about the subject.

I thought there was testimony that he printed it out.

Danielle59
04-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Oddly though, somewhere in all this evidence submitted, the first witness said the second witness was with her at the time and saw it also, but then the second witness came on the stand, said she only saw one argument, but it seemed to be a different time than when the first witness saw an argument. There is contradiction in their testimonies.

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 01:47 PM
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Judge denies Kurtz' motion to strike and suppress. Kurtz seems to know compute stuff that's making judge and Jr eyes roll . #coopertrial

less0305
04-13-2011, 01:48 PM

It only takes one. And what do the statistics tell us - it's most often the spouse/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend/mother/dad/child !! MOST often. So yes, not every argument ends in a murder. This one just happened to be a months long, even years long, argument that continued to get worse and worse until someone lost the battle. IMO.

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:49 PM
You don't think the murder rate in this country is insane?

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0306.pdf

Not as insane as the divorce rate.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
random killers do not take victims clothing..including shoes! and leave diamond earrings...

ncsu95
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I thought there was testimony that he printed it out.

Maybe...since it is all tweets, I'm not sure what was printed out :banghead:

NCEast
04-13-2011, 01:51 PM

I may be wrong but I think I remember that the suicide site was a link from another site pertaining to fathers who lost custody. He originally visited the custody site and followed the link to the suicide page.

Palomine
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Jury out. Defense attorney Howard Kurtz asks judge to strike all FBI testimony due to the testing methods used to extract info.

KellyCrash
From Twitter:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Jury out. Defense attorney Howard Kurtz asks judge to strike all FBI testimony due to the testing methods used to extract info. #coopertrial

Palomine
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Kurtz says FBI did tests he knew nothing about. He again alleges that Brad's computer was tampered with.

snowshuze
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Not as insane as the divorce rate.
I would argue that the vast majority of divorces don't end in murder.

Danielle59
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM

And, more often than not it doesn't, typically when people are not known to be violent or have a history of being violent.

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
From Twitter:

wral‎ Prosecutor Boz Zellinger says Brad's computer was not tampered with. #coopertrial
Twitter - seconds ago

Palomine
04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor Boz Zellinger says Brad's computer was not tampered with. #coopertrial

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
There is absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. None. No one had testified that he has an anger and/or rage issue.

Well, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that ncsu. Arguments is one thing, but Spying, stalking, withdrawing support, obstructing original agreement to allow Nancy to go home with kids, is yet another. Then to have your spouse to end up half naked not far from home, not alert anyone and so on doesnt indicate he had nothing to do with her demise in my reasoning.

BTW~ I think Krista testified just how angry and rageful he was in front of the kids..that went along with the eldest's syptomology..SO yes, it has been testified to and this was in March of '08 I believe.

I also think that Brad could not accept IF settling with Nancy and child support, that he could keep up his lifestyle of romancing others, travel and be the big wig in techie World :loser:

Anyway, I do understand where you are coming from, and your need for hard evidence. We never know just how any jury will respond:waitasec:

cityslick
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I would argue that the vast majority of divorces don't end in murder.

Yes, that was my point.

Danielle59
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I grew up, or rather, managed to survive, in a house like that. Small 30 ft. city lot. Other than the next-door neighbors & a few close relatives, no one witnessed anything 'first hand'. Of course I'm sure rumors were around. When the Jeffrey MacDonald case was being tried, I had flashbacks of how the DA described it happening, that 'backhand to the older girl, sending her flying into the doorframe, serious head injury, etc.' I've got a broken tailbone from preschool age, that has given me serious back problems my entire life. And those internal scars from the abuse that doesn't show on the outside. Yes, when there are no witnesses...you can only imagine what's going on inside the house. :(

NC was not a shrinking violet, I think that if she was beaten by BC she would have told people.

snowshuze
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I hear kittens.

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
From Twitter:

natgold‎ Kurtz twitches everytime computer is mentioned. Something big 'n bad is coming up from BC laptop & defense is nervous. #coopertrial

gracielee
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Suicide by asphyxiation, in Feb.? Well before any sort of rough draft for separation agreement. What was going on in the mind of BC way back then?

snowshuze
Yes, that was my point.
What we have here...is a failure to communicate, lol.

ohiogirl
I don't believe the judge with throw this out unless the defense puts on their own expert showing it was tampered with. jmo

Palomine
04-13-2011, 01:58 PM
if I was Brad I would have gone for a better defense..they appear to have nothing ...Just everybody did a Bad Job... except for Brad

borndem
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
My understanding is that there is more undercover testimony this afternoon and then it should go live.

Yep, still blacked out @ 1:58pm - Wed., of course. :pullhair:

Palomine
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
do you have cable modem in the United States? ... how close are you to having fibre optic internet

less0305
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
NC was not a shrinking violet, I think that if she was beaten by BC she would have told people.

Oh, I think he skipped beating and went straight to choking the life out of her.

Palomine
Suicide by asphyxiation, in Feb.? Well before any sort of rough draft for separation agreement. What was going on in the mind of BC way back then?

I think he was planning on taking out the whole family

NCEast
do you have cable modem in the United States? ... how close are you to having fibre optic internet

Since I'm rural, I was on dial up for many years. Was so happy to finally get cable/internet.
Fiber optic is making its way across America. The closest city to me is in the running for some sort of big upgrade via the gov't. for fiber optic.

less0305
04-13-2011, 02:03 PM
i hear kittens.

meow!!!!!!!

NCEast
04-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm going into withdrawals--info please!!!

Palomine
04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Since I'm rural, I was on dial up for many years. Was so happy to finally get cable/internet.
Fiber optic is making its way across America. The closest city to me is in the running for some sort of big upgrade via the gov't. for fiber optic.

i just watched that meeting on wral

cody100
04-13-2011, 02:06 PM

I have been most puzzled with the order of witnesses, the substance of the testimony, and how many days they spent with each of the friends of saying virtually the same thing. I think their smoking gun was the suicide website, but I could be wrong. I have decided to sit back and let them finish what they are doing. Then give my final two cents.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Nobody said she was 'beaten'. My mother wasn't 'beaten' either. The two of them fought, and then turned on us to take out their anger/rage/etc. My point was, nobody knows what goes on inside a house except those who live there.

Palomine
04-13-2011, 02:08 PM
what proof does defense have that almost all the evidence was tampered with??? Do they have experts that will come in and say this?? or just Brad

cody100

Fiber optic is the way to go. I have had that for about a year now. All the world of difference.

KellyCrash
From Twitter:

wral‎ Judge asks audience to stop staring at the jury. Jurors are uncomfortable by the way some audience members are looking at them. #coopertrial

Palomine
04-13-2011, 02:09 PM
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge asks audience to stop staring at the jury. Jurors are uncomfortable by the way some audience members are looking at them. #coopertrial

this is when posters get into trouble imo

ohiogirl
04-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Judge just asked the courtroom spectators to stop staring at the jury, it is make them uncomfortable! What the what?

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Expert going through web searches in days following NC's disappearance. BC searched for Kurtz on 7/15. #coopertrial

ohiogirl
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I have never heard that one before!

snowshuze
From Twitter:

wral‎ Judge asks audience to stop staring at the jury. Jurors are uncomfortable by the way some audience members are looking at them. #coopertrial
Uh oh. I wonder who would be studying the jurors?

:angel:

KellyCrash
From Twitter:

wral‎ Judge: Jurors want to remain anonymous. They don't feel comfortable with way some people in the audience are staring at them. #coopertrial

Palomine
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge: Jurors want to remain anonymous. They don't feel comfortable with way some people in the audience are staring at them. #coopertrial

NCEast
Did I miss the judge's ruling on the admissibility of the computer evidence? Is that what we're waiting on?

LyndyLoo
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Judge asks audience to stop staring at the jury. Jurors are uncomfortable by the way some audience members are looking at them. #coopertrial

this is when posters get into trouble imo

Yikes, I wonder who made that complaint???? Whomever is staring, needs to learn the art of watching without appearing to be doing so :floorlaugh:

Palomine
From Twitter:

wral‎ Judge: Jurors want to remain anonymous. They don't feel comfortable with way some people in the audience are staring at them. #coopertrial

are you going to post tweets because i won't if you are

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Expert going through web searches in days following NC's disappearance. BC searched for Kurtz on 7/15. #coopertrial

This is where we get totally left in the dark with just these twitter updates. Did he search for "Kurtz" before or after he was notified that a body had been found?

LyndyLoo
Did I miss the judge's ruling on the admissibility of the computer evidence? Is that what we're waiting on?

I think he already ruled NCEast..and is allowing it..read it upthread abit ago:seeya:

PolkSaladAnnie
I have never heard that one before!
Nor have I!

cody100
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I think he was planning on taking out the whole family

I believe NC knew that he was suicidal. I am pretty sure her dad mentioned that too.

NCEast
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck

Brad searched for Kurtz on 7/15.....and isn't he a pretty big drug defense attorney? Seems like Brad would have wanted somebody with a reputation in homicide cases instead of drug cases. Unless I am missing a connection.

NCEast
I believe NC knew that he was suicidal. I am pretty sure her dad mentioned that too.

Thank you!
With so much dead air I am getting lost.

KellyCrash
are you going to post tweets because i won't if you are

I won't be here for long. Son is napping. I could get called away at any time. :)

NCEast
04-13-2011, 02:15 PM
I think he already ruled NCEast..and is allowing it..read it upthread abit ago:seeya:

Gosh, I need a nap. Just said 'thank you' about the judges ruling on the bottom of another post.
Thank you again.

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 02:15 PM

I think it was back a ways that the judge is allowing the testimony. Objection overruled.

lunarmodule
04-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Brad searched for Kurtz on 7/15.....and isn't he a pretty big drug defense attorney? Seems like Brad would have wanted somebody with a reputation in homicide cases instead of drug cases. Unless I am missing a connection.

Me too. Does it go to arrogance? I wonder if Kurtz contacted BC first?

gracielee
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
From Twitter:

Well that's a first for me. :( Doesn't sound good IMO. :(

LyndyLoo
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
This is where we get totally left in the dark with just these twitter updates. Did he search for "Kurtz" before or after he was notified that a body had been found?

I do believe it was after cheyenne, as Brad was aware some body of female had been found evening of 14th, but not ID's yet. Then I recall when that deputy came to secure the residence on the 15th afternoon, was before the pressor, and Brad asked about Det. Daniels. and Was overheard on phone with someone..and left house to meet someone.... Brad did not attend that pressor because he already knew what was going to be said IMO

NCEast
04-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Me too. Does it go to arrogance? I wonder if Kurtz contacted BC first?

I know they do in motor vehicle accidents and the like. Don't think Kurtz would have sought Brad out for this though.

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
I do believe it was after cheyenne, as Brad was aware some body of female had been found evening of 14th, but not ID's yet. Then I recall when that deputy came to secure the residence on the 15th afternoon, was before the pressor, and Brad asked about Det. Daniels. and Was overheard on phone with someone..and left house to meet someone.... Brad did not attend that pressor because he already knew what was going to be said IMO

You're right. I keep getting it in my head that the body was found on the 15th.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 02:20 PM

I think you're right about the time element. Iit was the LE who saw the straw on the rug. He's the one who overheard the phone conversation that sounded from Brad's end as if he were making an appointment to talk with an attorney.

NCEast
04-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Well that's a first for me. :( Doesn't sound good IMO. :(

Ok, on Monday night when I was scanning the posts at the site we mentioned casually earlier today, they were talking about everybody showing up for court today as Brad supporters, etc. Maybe that's who is staring at the jury?

KellyCrash
04-13-2011, 02:23 PM
From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
I'm having trouble keeping my eyes off HP. Nevermind the jury. #coopertrial

Who is this guy?! lol Is he a reporter on a websluether or what?

Cheyenne130
04-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I will be SO glad when the camera is back on. Trying to follow this on twitter at #coopertrial is PAINFUL! Too many side little comments that have nothing to do with what is going on in the courtroom. (They certainly do make me appreciate the posters here!!)

cityslick
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM
This trial gets more surreal every day.

gracielee
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Uh oh. I wonder who would be studying the jurors?

:angel:

Since this is the first time the jurors mentioned anything, perhaps it has something to do with what I read about brad supporters from other message boards, attending court together? Just doesn't sound good though. Never heard a jury say anything like that before.

Lori59
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok, on Monday night when I was scanning the posts at the site we mentioned casually earlier today, they were talking about everybody showing up for court today as Brad supporters, etc. Maybe that's who is staring at the jury?

One of the tweets just said that. Am I allowed to say that??

cody100
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Well, whoever is staring better stop. Judge will bounce them out of there.

LaLaw2000
04-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I have never heard of jurors complaining of being stared at. These jurors had to know that this is a high profile case. I have been in Federal court with inmates many times and one thing even I noticed was that people tend to look at the jury to see how they are reacting to certain testimony.

I sense a problem here, Houston, and I am not liking it. It shows an insecurity, IMO. That worries me. If it is just one person staring and that person seems a little 'unusual', then he or she should be asked to leave the courtroom. Juror's should be accustomed to being looked at, tho. It hasn't seemed tp be a problem until now. JMO

This is just an opinion and I do not think it is against TOS to post it. The judge brought it up himself.

MOO

Just the Fax
04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I have been most puzzled with the order of witnesses, the substance of the testimony, and how many days they spent with each of the friends of saying virtually the same thing. I think their smoking gun was the suicide website, but I could be wrong. I have decided to sit back and let them finish what they are doing. Then give my final two cents.

I was there when that was introduced and argued.
The fact that the judge suppressed it was not a blow to the state... certainly not a smoking gun by any stretch.

They just wanted it in just to illustrate yet another lie Brad told in the depositions.