PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #3

Pages : [1] 2 3

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Please continue here!

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h2.jpg/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Searchers found Holly's lunchbox near a creek about 8 miles from her home.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

Police say her brother has been ruled out as a suspect.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/04/15/Missing-nursing-students-lunchbox-found/UPI-81071302913353/#ixzz1Jhr4TiA3

Live Stream - http://www.livestream.com/WBBJ

Previous Threads:

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 01:02 PM
This case is very frustrating and confusing

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Press to be briefed at 3pm, per twitter, about 3 more hours from now...hope if she is NOT already found, LE will clear up some of the many discrepancies...

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Carried this over!!!!!

another version of he abduction!

msnbc.com Video Player

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Press to be briefed at 3pm, per twitter, about 3 more hours from now...hope if she is NOT already found, LE will clear up some of the many discrepancies...

I agree, they need to get the facts/rumors cleared up before they report anything.

peeples
04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Anyone think he's got her stashed in his house, basement garage??

With Hailey Dunn they finally searched every home in town.
Maybe that is what they need to do with Holly

Nana46
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM

That is what I am thinking.IMO.

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:10 PM

I think that would be an important task to do as well.

However, if this car found that was later retracted in the media is involved, then why was it where it was yesterday? Which leads me to believe he doesn't have her stashed in a house.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Scout if this is an off-the-grid person then he could have spotted Holly at any point.
These people move around a lot and do come into town to buy some supplies.
He could have been staying somewhere near her house throughout the winter months and her family might be completely unaware of him.
You are probably right and statistics support your theory that this is someone that is in someway familiar with Holly.
My off-the-grid theory is just an attempt to figure out why she has been missing since Wednesday and has not been found.
If this were a "hot" abduction by someone known in the community, they would have been missed and reported by now IMO.
If this were a registered offender or someone with a criminal record, they would have been questioned and would at least be accounted for.
Just my thoughts and I just have a feeling Holly is alive and is being kept as a partner.
All JMO

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I agree, they need to get the facts/rumors cleared up before they report anything.

It's getting ridiculous.

However, I think because it is such a small town they aren't giving much info up and the info that has been put out there has been perhaps erroneous for a reason. Or just bad reporting :)

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM

I agree but I think some of the rumors/facts are being allowed to circulate to confuse certain people.
JMO

nursebeeme
http://twitter.com/willnunley

will nunley twitter (tweeting from the fairgrounds)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ABC-7-Eyewitness-News-WBBJ/159026164741

abc7 facebook posting search updates

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.006571,0.016394&z=17

hollye's case map

concentric
Regarding the huge turnout of volunteers. The impetus for me to start posting on sleuthing sites was the case of Dru Sjodin. An incredible turnout of people searching for her. Volunteers in the field were coordinating their efforts with those us posting on-line. Of course they couldn't reveal everything. But they did give us a idea of what the scene is like.

BTW, if you don't know this case. Dru was a beautiful blond coed who was abducted from a mall parking lot in N.D. and murdered by a level 3 sex offender who had been returned to the community.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Scout if this is an off-the-grid person then he could have spotted Holly at any point.
These people move around a lot and do come into town to buy some supplies.
He could have been staying somewhere near her house throughout the winter months and her family might be completely unaware of him.
You are probably right and statistics support your theory that this is someone that is in someway familiar with Holly.
My off-the-grid theory is just an attempt to figure out why she has been missing since Wednesday and has not been found.
If this were a "hot" abduction by someone known in the community, they would have been missed and reported by now IMO.
If this were a registered offender or someone with a criminal record, they would have been questioned and would at least be accounted for.
Just my thoughts and I just have a feeling Holly is alive and is being kept as a partner.
All JMO
further thoughts: an off-the-grid (or rather) unregistered sex offender

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Media reminder: 3pm press update at command center. #hollybobo
less than 5 seconds ago via HTC Peep
Organizers: the main focus now is manpower. We need teams walking these woods. #hollybobo
less than a minute ago via HTC Peep
Kitchen: food needs have been met for the day. #thankyou #volunteerspirit
4 minutes ago via HTC Peep

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
further thoughts: an off-the-grid (or rather) unregistered sex offender

Good point! Never been caught thus unregistered....curiouser and curiouser.
I am headed that way for a family get together this afternoon.
I hope we get some good news.
Brother who was in the woods overnight in that area with buddies for early morning hunting reported that it was very quiet except for the sound of helicopters occasionally.
JMO

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 01:18 PM

It changes by the hour!

RavenTrue
04-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm new to this case so maybe I've missed a 'reasonable' explanation to WHY her brother didn't do anything when he saw what he did but I doubt it..I'm confident I could read every single post & still not see it..Basically, cos to me none exists..It doesn't matter who he may have thought (b/f?) it was, it still reeks of something was seriously WRONG! I don't feel good attacking the brother (for his lack of action) but I simply have no other choice if her 'abduction' did gone down the way it's been reported.

I, too, am entertaining rational explanations...and there are some. But, still.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j1J8bgBRmEirHagfKa62U7EWMiBA?docId=9cec4d445 c4b471e806883ad987f1815

very good article... some highlights I found interesting:

1)she was already in the clinical portion of school working in hospitals

2)she was on the way to campus that morning to take a test

3)brother saw her walking into woods with man in camo but thought it was her boyfriend. When he saw blood outside later he called 911.

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I have to think the brother must have passed a lie detector as LE has said they absolutely don't consider him a suspect, or the boyfriend, for that matter.

southern_scout
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
So now there is no camo? This just gets more absurd and strange by the minute. The reporters and/or law enforcement really ought to get their story straight, because every time they change the story, the brother gets the brunt of the suspicion.

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Anyone ever seen a case where last-seens and a boyfriend are quickly cleared publicly by LE - as some sort of strategy - even though LE might not believe they are clear?

Not me. I think we can be certain the brother's been ruled out. As he's the "last seen by" person here, common sense would dictate there's a pretty solid reason he's been ruled out.

The official clearing of the "last seen by" so quickly here is interesting to me. To me, this is telling. This says ... LE likely knows who they are after.

The announcing of the brother being cleared (LE can clear people and not announce it), is also interesting to me. - Strategy of some kind.

Have we heard that there are FBI special teams (CARD) there yet? If not, LE likely knows who they are after.

This is a rural area. A short list of suspects could have been developed and run down ... and if one of them is also missing ... LE likely knows who they are after.

Random thought:

If Holly is a nursing student, someone feigning "need" of medical assistance for someone who's been injured in the woods - could have asked for her assistance. Someone who knew she'd go with them voluntarily into the woods to help. Lured her.

Brother is sequestered because he's the "last seen by". He may be working with police or FBI, and unavailable for the press. Either way, LE doesn't want brother's actual story out.

My fear is murder-suicide. My hope is a sicko-captor.

ALL JMHO. :praying: for Holly.

RavenTrue
04-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Am trying to find public court documents for Henderson County TN. (looking for possible RO)
So far am only getting pay searches which I know are not allowed, nor am I going to pay.
From other cases I know these are public info, but seems in TN they want you to pay for any records. Am I on the wrong track...can someone with experience direct me?

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I think LE has reasons for clearing the brother and boyfriend, although it is strange how the brother's story has been reported.
He is 24 and she is 20 if I am correct.
About the same age difference as my brother and I.
I came and went as I liked when I was Holly's age and we lived in a very remote area completely wooded-in.
My big bro is very protective, but at that age if he didn't hear me screaming for help he probably would have thought I was with a friend or boyfriend.
Actually, I switched bf's a lot at her age.
Anyhow, I stayed out of his business and he stayed out of mine.
In rural communities like Holly's and the nearby one I grew up in (which is huge in comparison today) camo clothing is worn year-round and young adults feel safe on their own property.
Someone picked this lady out, and not randomly, IMO.
She is strikingly beautiful and this caught the perp's attention.
I believe she is alive and I also believe that the brother is tornup about this thing.
The obfuscation and confusion is probably on purpose to keep the perp guessing.
And yes I believe he uses a scanner with crystals he inserted so that he can pick up cell phones and all trunked systems. It is illegal to do so, so he probably built it himself.
There is the other possibility that he bought an actual police radio, as they are also available at such events as gun shows, and tuned it himself.
I don't think he is broke. I think he has enough money to live on for quite some time.
Just my thoughts and my opinions.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j1J8bgBRmEirHagfKa62U7EWMiBA?docId=9cec4d445 c4b471e806883ad987f1815

very good article... some highlights I found interesting:

1)she was already in the clinical portion of school working in hospitals

2)she was on the way to campus that morning to take a test

3)brother saw her walking into woods with man in camo but thought it was her boyfriend. When he saw blood outside later he called 911.

No man in camo thats been changed here is the latest!

msnbc.com Video Player

RavenTrue
04-16-2011, 01:35 PM
I think LE has reasons for clearing the brother and boyfriend, although it is strange how the brother's story has been reported.
He is 24 and she is 20 if I am correct.
About the same age difference as my brother and I.
I came and went as I liked when I was Holly's age and we lived in a very remote area completely wooded-in.
My big bro is very protective, but at that age if he didn't hear me screaming for help he probably would have thought I was with a friend or boyfriend.
Actually, I switched bf's a lot at her age.
Anyhow, I stayed out of his business and he stayed out of mine.
In rural communities like Holly's and the nearby one I grew up in (which is huge in comparison today) camo clothing is worn year-round and young adults feel safe on their own property.
Someone picked this lady out, and not randomly, IMO.
She is strikingly beautiful and this caught the perp's attention.
I believe she is alive and I also believe that the brother is tornup about this thing.
The obfuscation and confusion is probably on purpose to keep the perp guessing.
And yes I believe he uses a scanner with crystals he inserted so that he can pick up cell phones and all trunked systems. It is illegal to do so, so he probably built it himself.
There is the other possibility that he bought an actual police radio, as they are also available at such events as gun shows, and tuned it himself.
I don't think he is broke. I think he has enough money to live on for quite some time.
Just my thoughts and my opinions.

Completely agree. While story does change by the hour...most brothers especially would think noneya.

Daisyjane
On Holly's Facebook page: is that the brother, the boyfriend, or the ex in the photo with Holly?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Holly-Bobo/1494882246

nursebeeme
Eileen, I have watched that msnbc video three times now and I am not seeing where the camo is changed... only the manner in which she went into the woods (walked by the arm vs drug)

concentric
04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
nursebeeme: What you posted about: that part about where Holly was working at the time--hospital, etc.

Dru was working in a mall and some thought the perp. in that case saw her there.

And where was Brooke working? Outside the apartments cleaning lamps.

RavenTrue
04-16-2011, 01:37 PM
What a cluster we have here...dragged or walking. Saw, heard or not. NOW no camo guy?
Crazy talk.

amysmom
04-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I have to think the brother must have passed a lie detector as LE has said they absolutely don't consider him a suspect, or the boyfriend, for that matter.

Hi c! Since when does LE ever tell the truth about these things? Regardless, I don't believe the bro is 'lying' but he is def guilty of not doing anything to help his sister whether he thought it was her b/f or not.

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Anyone ever seen a case where last-seens and a boyfriend are quickly cleared publicly by LE - as some sort of strategy - even though LE might not believe they are clear?

Not me. I think we can be certain the brother's been ruled out. As he's the "last seen by" person here, common sense would dictate there's a pretty solid reason he's been ruled out.

The official clearing of the "last seen by" so quickly here is interesting to me. To me, this is telling. This says ... LE likely knows who they are after.

The announcing of the brother being cleared (LE can clear people and not announce it), is also interesting to me. - Strategy of some kind.

Have we heard that there are FBI special teams (CARD) there yet? If not, LE likely knows who they are after.

This is a rural area. A short list of suspects could have been developed and run down ... and if one of them is also missing ... LE likely knows who they are after.

Random thought:

If Holly is a nursing student, someone feigning "need" of medical assistance for someone who's been injured in the woods - could have asked for her assistance. Someone who knew she'd go with them voluntarily into the woods to help. Lured her.

Brother is sequestered because he's the "last seen by". He may be working with police or FBI, and unavailable for the press. Either way, LE doesn't want brother's actual story out.

My fear is murder-suicide. My hope is a sicko-captor.

ALL JMHO. :praying: for Holly.

except LE does not know who this person is. there is no POI or suspect.

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Eileen, I have watched that msnbc video three times now and I am not seeing where the camo is changed... only the manner in which she went into the woods (walked by the arm vs drug)

I thought I was going crazy as I didn't hear where they said the perp was not in camo either.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
this is jmhoo but do not see the camo part of the perp description changed...

just the manner in which media had been describing how she was kidnapped

and wonder how the media screwed it up? this is how: the tbi had that wording on their official press release that I just found:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.p df

but of course this most likely went out before investigative clarification

moo

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
On Holly's Facebook page: is that the brother, the boyfriend, or the ex in the photo with Holly?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Holly-Bobo/1494882246

Boyfriend :)

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 01:41 PM
except LE does not know who this person is. there is no POI or suspect.

that they are telling the public about. ;)

IMO, they aren't going to tell us if they know at this stage. too early for sharing.

Clearing the brother & the boyfriend publicly immediately - as I have said, to me this indicates something. And it seems they are both sequestered...

Nana46
04-16-2011, 01:42 PM
My memory is failing I am sure,lol, but I seem to remember in the interview with her parents, her father saying something like "he feels someone knew their routine, his wife's, his and Holly's"....I don't remember him saying the brother's routine which struck me as odd...not blaming the brother here at all but I thought it was odd.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Authorities said this morning that more manpower is needed to help with the search for Holly Bobo, 20, who was abducted on Wednesday.

Volunteers are asked to report to the Decatur County Fairgrounds. Dress warmly and wear boots. Authorities said they are prepared to handle hundreds of volunteers, as many or more than they had Friday.

People are needed who can ride ATVs or are willing to walk through the woods.

The area they have been searching this morning is near Pugh Road and Yellow Springs Road.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110416/NEWS01/110416006/More-volunteers-needed-Decatur-County-Fairgrounds-aid-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Daisyjane
04-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Boyfriend :)

Does that page yield any clues about Holly or the people in her life? I'm not a Facebook member, so I see only the first page.

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:44 PM
My memory is failing I am sure,lol, but I seem to remember in the interview with her parents, her father saying something like "he feels someone knew their routine, his wife's, his and Holly's"....I don't remember him saying the brother's routine which struck me as odd...not blaming the brother here at all but I thought it was odd.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110415/NEWS01/104150323/0/BUSINESS/Search-Holly-Bobo-continues-Father-says-abductor-may-know-family?odyssey=nav|head

Holly Lynn Bobo's father said Thursday that he thinks whoever dragged her away from their rural home on Swan Johnson Road in Darden knew the family's daily routine.

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Does that page yield any clues about Holly or the people in her life? I'm not a Facebook member, so I see only the first page.

The FB is set at private so you cannot read her wall posts. Other than that, she has 624 friends on her FB.

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
If they know who this is, why no BOLO? If this is an ex, as has been rumored, he has got to know he would be looked at anyway, so it is not like it would be some big shock for him to hear he is being sought.

If LE is holding back on naming the person, it may be because they don't want to scare him into doing anything to Holly, if he hasn't already, rather than to not let him know they know who he is.

As far as the brother goes, maybe LE will clear some things up at the PC, for his sake. It is hard to look away from last person who saw her when things keep changing. We still don't know for sure, do we, about the time lapse between when he saw her, when the scream was heard, and when 911 was called?

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 01:49 PM

:yes:

The father said that, and ... he may have said too much ...

It will be interesting to see if we hear from the parents again... I would think we'd hear from them soon if LE believes personal appeals would help.

Heard that TBI was investigating...haven't yet heard FBI.

TBI would have a forensics team...

JMHO

Adrienne37
04-16-2011, 01:49 PM
this is jmhoo but do not see the camo part of the perp description changed...

just the manner in which media had been describing how she was kidnapped

and wonder how the media screwed it up? this is how: the tbi had that wording on their official press release that I just found:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.p df

but of course this most likely went out before investigative clarification

moo

Thanks Nurse. This was my interpretation of that video as well. He said the man seen wearing camo DID NOT drag 20-year-old Holly Bobo from her driveway into the woods and that she walked into the woods with him. No where did it say that he was not wearing camo only that he did not drag her into the woods.

~jmo~

concentric
04-16-2011, 01:51 PM

Where was the last place she was before returning home just about every day? Was it the hospital?

Nana46
04-16-2011, 01:53 PM
:yes:

The father said that, and ... he may have said too much ...

It will be interesting to see if we hear from the parents again... I would think we'd hear from them soon if LE believes personal appeals would help.

Heard that TBI was investigating...haven't yet heard FBI.
The John Meir(meyer) spelling? is very well known in this TN area as well as here. Is called in on every major thing that I can even remember.
TBI would have a forensics team...

JMHO

Hi Emma:seeya:Miss seeing you.
I believe I did see the TBI truck in one of the videos yesterday or today.

curiousc
04-16-2011, 01:53 PM
I am trying so hard to remain optimistic here. However, if this person took Holly and knows of the massive search for her these past days, I fear he may have done something to this beautiful girl. I hope I am wrong :(

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I think they must know if the blood is human by now, and probably even whether or not it is hers...

peeples
04-16-2011, 01:56 PM
** Organizers: the main focus now is manpower. We need teams walking these woods.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Holly-Bobo-home-safe/216479368362392

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Good point cluc!

So many things we don't know ... that the last seen by would know.

Was she walking quickly into the woods - with a purpose?
Did she have a bag with her?

Now that I think about it, if she were lured from home to help someone in the woods - she'd have left home with some supplies, maybe had her brother help, and called 911 herself... :waitasec:

I wonder what the brother's routine was?

Gosh, sorry, I DID need this cup of coffee, didn't I ? :coffee:

JMHO

Nana46
04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
The investigator John Meir,Muir,?? I cannot remember his last name but he is well known in Tennessee...he is called in on most every major crime.
(sorry that sounds lame that he is well known and I cannot remember his last name,lol.)

annalyzer
04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
I think they must know if the blood is human by now, and probably even whether or not it is hers...

How does a scream and blood found fit with her being walked into the woods? And she carried her lunchbox with her? :banghead:

peeples
04-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Ok so LE told the searchers Holly had her school books with her and her purse..... (well they t old them to look specifically for these items and nursing clinical books are huge you'd carry them in a back pack)

If the brother just saw her walking into the woods with what he thought was her boyfriend.. wouldn't he have found it odd she was wearing her backpack and purse to go into the woods.....

MOO just thinking outloud

concentric
04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
** Organizers: the main focus now is manpower. We need teams walking these woods.

In this search, the one for Holly, are there certain parameters marked off by LE? In other words, is there only a portion of the area where the searchers are allowed to go?

In the Dru Sjodin search (if I'm not mistaken), her body was found the following Spring in an area outside the designated search zone.

SurfieTX
04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
The investigator John Meir,Muir,?? I cannot remember his last name but he is well known in Tennessee...he is called in on most every major crime.
(sorry that sounds lame that he is well known and I cannot remember his last name,lol.)

John Mayer - I remember it because it is the name of one of my favorite eye-candy artists.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 02:05 PM
It was probably the hospital as it is said she was only headed by to school in Martin to take a test.
It could have been the hospital in Lexington or even Jackson. Haven't heard as of yet.
I have a family thing at around 6 tonight in Jackson and hope to learn more from TBI agents I know thru my family.
Certainly nothing confidential would they disclose, but perhaps a little idea in what they are thinking, whether stranger abduction or not.
I also know one of the helicopter pilots who is working this case.
But no one will be telling what LE is holding up their sleeve as they should never do.
It is the general belief that Holly is alive and being held. Probably in some area than a traditional dwelling.
Geocaching....why is that so much in my mind right now?
Is the perp "caching" Holly right now?

cluciano63
If she was carrying books, purse, and lunch box...she would have needed both hands/arms...? Was she being gently led into the woods by her elbow, as in being escorted??

Adrienne37
Ok so LE told the searchers Holly had her school books with her and her purse..... (well they t old them to look specifically for these items and nursing clinical books are huge you'd carry them in a back pack)

If the brother just saw her walking into the woods with what he thought was her boyfriend.. wouldn't he have found it odd she was wearing her backpack and purse to go into the woods.....

I wouldn't have necessarily thought it was odd thinking that maybe there was something there that he wanted her to see. A quick trip to the edge of the woods to look at something that piqued his interest.

~jmo~

Nana46
04-16-2011, 02:06 PM

Peeples....to quote the Sundance Kid to Butch Cassidy " you just keep on thinkin' there Butch it is what you do best"....and today Peeples you are our Butch Cassidy cause you think good:seeya:

ETA: I think it is John Mehr.

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 02:06 PM
more random thoughts:

If the brother saw her walking with someone (dressed however?) towards/into the woods ... he must have believed that she knew the person. He must have thought she was safe. He must not have picked up on any rushing or struggle.

I'm also wondering if the brother simply did not know his sister's schedule that day ... it took finding blood and the car still in the driveway for him to put what he saw together ... and call 911.

I wonder if he tried texting & calling her...

20-somethings living at home and going to school/work tend to come & go a lot. My girls (both 20s) - when they are home in the summer - often don't know where the other one is. Lots of times, I'm not sure where they are either, unless I text them...

Lots to think about...but I think I'm concluding the course of events are really not that strange...where the brother is concerned.

Do we know the time the brother witnessed her walking towards woods?

JMHO

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I thought I was going crazy as I didn't hear where they said the perp was not in camo either.

Sorry sorry sorry i heard it wrong please forgive me i head a man wearing camo did not drag Holly offf into the woods.

Sorry peeps!

belimom
04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking that if the brother's story is true, that he just glanced and saw them through a window, maybe through blinds/drapes, and didn't think anything of her at the edge of the woods with a man in camo. Especially if the BF hunts and had been there the evening before, etc - maybe he thought he had returned to show her something he killed, etc (hunters do that - I have many memories of being awakened as a child to see what had been brought home).

I'm not convinced that his story is true, but I do see how he could have thought she was okay at the time and not even looked twice.

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 02:09 PM
LOL, we're all thinking out loud - but that's good. I like help thinking. :D

I can't be sure but ... I think they found some things in the car Holly was to use? So some of her things were in the car in the driveway ... and some were not?

That's a question thrown out for others with better memory of whether we've learned that or not...

JMHO

peeples
04-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Totally not trying to blame the brother for anything. just trying to put pieces together :)

Eileen730
I wonder if the guy was the one bleeding and not holly.

Maybe he knew she was a nurse and neded Medical help.

Maybe he did something that wouldnt allow him to go to the hospital or a doctor?

heck i dont know... I have to stop watching criminal minds lol

belimom
Another question: LE said they know where she entered the woods. Did the dogs track her there or are they going off the brother's report?

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Totally not trying to blame the brother for anything. just trying to put pieces together :)

Same here i wish there were not so many diff stories tho.
Its no wonder were all confused.

Soulmagent
04-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe she was dragged into the woods and there were signs of that and thats is where the description of the events got mixed in the media. The parents could have said dragged into the woods based on what LE said and Him witnessing the guy in camo could have melded into one event , now everyone is setting stuff correct in the media.

Holly having her books and backback almost make it seems as she was getting a ride to class and just leaving. Doesnt it?

I havent read every post on the threads but tryed to catch up with the events and I havent seen if they said how much blood was there and if she would be injured a little or a lot. I dont think she is in those woods as a blood hound would have picked up the scent of her blood and tracked that as far as it could. Also did the boyfriend have an ex girl friend or someone who had a crush or someone who envied Holly? Could the abducter be a woman?

She seems to be perfect, job, school ,car ,boyfriend and she is such a beautiful girl.
The instant injury is very concerning.

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 02:12 PM

ah, thanks you answered my question while I was typing it.

LE thinks her books went missing with her? I agree ... that's odd.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
my thinking on how it could have went down:

mom and dad both left for work

holly is on her way out the door to take her test with bookbag, lunch bag, purse and perp is ready for her at the door with a knife somehow cuts her enough for blood loss.. tells her to walk with him and she won't get hurt.. walks her into the tree line

meantime brother heard a commotion.. looked out the window to see the man in camo and his sister seemingly walking off normally.. he thinks... hey that is her boyfriend... maybe he is out early hunting turkeys

hour later he leaves the door to go out and sees blood and sister's car still sitting there and calls 911

MOO

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Another question: LE said they know where she entered the woods. Did the dogs track her there or are they going off the brother's report?

i read on the last thread someone posted the dogs did not hit on her scent and did not follow to the woods i think they are going by what Clint said.

belimom
04-16-2011, 02:14 PM
ah, thanks you answered my question while I was typing it.

LE thinks her books went missing with her? I agree ... that's odd.

And nursing books are heavy... physiology, anatomy, etc. I really do have a hard time thinking that she lugged them all the way through the woods being towed by an abductor. It would have slowed her down and he would have made her ditch them sooner (such as near the house) rather than later. JMHO.

Nana46
04-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I hope this photo loads as I just found it...it looks like the addy in the back is for FBI:

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Someone said that Mark Fuhrman said last night that dogs did not pick up her scent...

belimom
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
I hope this photo loads as I just found it...it looks like the addy in the back is for FBI:

I think it's FBITN... Farm Bureau Insurance of Tennessee.

http://www.fbitn.com/

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
nursing books are VERY HUGE AND HEAVY (I can personally attest to that)

however with that being said, the AP reported this morning that she was on her way to take a test...

thusly... why bring along that 20 pound med surg text book?

((i personally never took books on test days but that is just me))

CocoChanel
04-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Geocaching....why is that so much in my mind right now?
Is the perp "caching" Holly right now?

(snipped by me)

Snow - you've mentioned 'geocaching' several times. Being unfamiliar with that term, I googled it, but still do not have a good understanding of what it is and how it might relate to this case. Can you tell us more?

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
my thinking on how it could have went down:

mom and dad both left for work

holly is on her way out the door to take her test with bookbag, lunch bag, purse and perp is ready for her at the door with a knife somehow cuts her enough for blood loss.. tells her to walk with him and she won't get hurt.. walks her into the tree line

meantime brother heard a commotion.. looked out the window to see the man in camo and his sister seemingly walking off normally.. he thinks... hey that is her boyfriend... maybe he is out early hunting turkeys

hour later he leaves the door to go out and sees blood and sister's car still sitting there and calls 911

MOO

OT sorry,
Gee another Turkey hunting thing! That wife that went missing last week niveneh sulieman her husband was going turkey hunting when she dissapeard he hAd to turn around and go home because this week it was only for the younger ones.... I still wonder why she did what she did!

Hopefull this will have a happy outcome like that one. I hope they find Holly today!

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
It has been raining here so much lately that I believe footprints would have been visible as to where the woods were entered.
Also the area around Holly's home has a lot of sand in it, and less mud than we have here in Memphis.
Certainly dogs were used...which leads to another question:
The article says Holly loves all animals, especially horses.
It looked to me that there was what may have been an area for horse riding around the house.
She could have come into contact with the perp while on horseback.
I grew up with horses and wandered the woods and trails all the time.
Maybe she was taken into the woods on one of these trails.
One other question: did the family own dogs?
If so, were they outside?

concentric
04-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Some freak who followed her from the hospital and had a fantasy with a beautiful nurse?

Sorry to say, these porn addicts often have plenty of viewing available where the women take on the role of nurses.

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 02:20 PM

oh, such a sad pix. :(

www.fbit...???

I wonder if that could be www.fbitn.com donating to search efforts?

Farm Bureau Insurance, TN ....

ETA: oops, belimom - you are too fast for me! Thanks!

Chili Fries
04-16-2011, 02:21 PM
If they know who this is, why no BOLO? If this is an ex, as has been rumored, he has got to know he would be looked at anyway, so it is not like it would be some big shock for him to hear he is being sought.

If LE is holding back on naming the person, it may be because they don't want to scare him into doing anything to Holly, if he hasn't already, rather than to not let him know they know who he is.

Yeah it is tough to figure out. I know after Anne Sluti was kidnapped, LE released the name and picture of the guy they thought had her and witnesses helped in her eventual return.

Another thing that seems weird to me are volunteer searchers looking for a potentially dangerous kidnapper.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:21 PM
(snipped by me)

Snow - you've mentioned 'geocaching' several times. Being unfamiliar with that term, I googled it, but still do not have a good understanding of what it is and how it might relate to this case. Can you tell us more?

OMG like its a game? thats crazy! But then again lol

No way!!!!!

Unless the guy is insane!

kantoo
04-16-2011, 02:22 PM
i read on the last thread someone posted the dogs did not hit on her scent and did not follow to the woods i think they are going by what Clint said.

I just watched Greta from last night. Mark Furman stated that the TBI told him the dogs did not hit on her scent or follow to the woods.

Nana46
04-16-2011, 02:23 PM

www.fbit...???

Prolly so Emma....I gets in a hurry:rocker:

belimom
04-16-2011, 02:23 PM

www.fbit...???

No worries - I'm actually signing out for awhile. DH took the kids off for awhile so I can, um, clean the house... :(

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
No worries - I'm actually signing out for awhile. DH took the kids off for awhile so I can, um, clean the house... :(
quick! call merrimaids!!!!!:rocker:

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Volunteers continue a nonstop search through woods; farmland. Buses seem to take out new searchers every half hour.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 02:27 PM
(snipped by me)

Basically it is storing things, sometimes of value and other times like scavenger type objects, and using gps coordinates for others to find them.
A lot of pot growers use gps to keep track of their illegal crops.
An off-the-grid type of person would use this technique to store, way ahead of time, items needed to sustain himself for long periods of time.
People do this with weapons also.
When you google LadyFinger Bluffs + Tennessee River, it should be the first thing that pops up. Geocaching and this area.
Hope I made that clear enough..lol.
I believe that this person has stashed (geocached) enough supplies so that he has been off the grid and will not be missed in the surrounding community. This is my hope to believe that Holly is alive and going to be found.
All JMO

Eileen730
Yeah it is tough to figure out. I know after Anne Sluti was kidnapped, LE released the name and picture of the guy they thought had her and witnesses helped in her eventual return.

Another thing that seems weird to me are volunteer searchers looking for a potentially dangerous kidnapper.

Sadly thats the only way they will find her, Go to google earth and look at all the woods and forrest it would be impossible for LE to find her without the communitys help.

peeples
I'm off to start making said (downstairs) cupcakes! I'll post pics downstairs when I'm done ;)

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Basically it is storing things, sometimes of value and other times like scavenger type objects, and using gps coordinates for others to find them.
An off-the-grid type of person would use this technique to store, way ahead of time, items needed to sustain himself for long periods of time.
When you google LadyFinger Bluffs + Tennessee River, it should be the first thing that pops up. Geocaching and this area.
I believe that this person has stashed (geochached) enough supplies so that he has been off the grid and will not be missed in the surrounding community.
All JMO

Wow there was a psychic that said she thought Holly was alive but she was all tied up and in a dark place like a cave!

southern_scout
04-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Ooooh, interesting idea about a patient at the hospital. That is definitely another avenue to look at.

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 02:29 PM

They gotta go with the witness statement(s) - where she was last seen. Searching for Holly, searching for any tell-tale signs, clues ...

Do we know if they located her cell phone?

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm off to start making said (downstairs) cupcakes! I'll post pics downstairs when I'm done ;)

Good luck Peeps happy baking....

:cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:

casseole
04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
I haven't heard anything about searching anywhere else. I hope they aren't exhausting all of their search efforts in the woods alone. There is a good chance they could have left by now...

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110416/NEWS/110416012/Woman-s-abduction-consumes-western-Tenn-community?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFrontpag e%7Cp

excellent picture here of all the searchers getting on buses

cluciano63
They gotta go with the witness statement(s) - where she was last seen. Searching for Holly, searching for any tell-tale signs, clues ...

Yesterday media said her phone was found in a car that still had a warm engine...then it was all retracted by LE, no phone and no car...so who knows...

paris_paris
I was just looking at the case map. I don't see where the lunch box was found. I do see where the car was found on Conrad Ridge Rd. Interesting that there are 2 RSO's just up that same road.

I've been following the threads and just want say that my feeling is Holly will be found today... alive. Intuition.

Eileen730
quick! call merrimaids!!!!!:rocker:

Yea Merrimaids !!!1 when your done with them send em to my house!:innocent:

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I was just looking at the case map. I don't see where the lunch box was found. I do see where the car was found on Conrad Ridge Rd. Interesting that there are 2 RSO's just up that same road.

I thought they said no car was found?
Im soooooooooooooo confused!:banghead::banghead:

I think the only thing found was a lunch box(PURSE) ????

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow there was a psychic that said she thought Holly was alive but she was all tied up and in a dark place like a cave!

I'm no psychic but there are plenty of small caves that open into larger ones all around that area, along with springs that put out pure clean water for drinking.

peeples
04-16-2011, 02:35 PM

it was said that her phone was located int he car that does not exist per facebook ;)

CocoChanel
04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I believe that this person has stashed (geocached) enough supplies so that he has been off the grid and will not be missed in the surrounding community. This is my hope to believe that Holly is alive and going to be found.
All JMO

Thank you Snow....that sounds very plausible. And yes, you made that much clearer than Wiki!!

cluciano63
LE insists no car was found and where the lunchbox was found varies depending on which report you read...either near a creek or on the side of a road...

Emma Peel
Media reminder: 3pm press update at command center. #hollybobo

(that per Will Nunley twitter)

southern_scout
Local spelunkers? I know we have many around here, I wonder if that is an avenue they are exploring. Does anyone read Jefferson Bass books? This reminds me of the one with the lady in the cave.

*edited, Carved in Bone is the book. Good read if you have any interest in The Body Farm at UT.

paris_paris
I don't know why the discrepencies, but I'm going with "car was found". Where was the lunch box found please? tia

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm no psychic but there are plenty of small caves that open into larger ones all around that area, along with springs that put out pure clean water for drinking.

You would think they would search all thos dont ya think?

casseole
04-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Thank goodness they are going to update at the news conference. HOPEFULLY it will clear some things up.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't know why the discrepencies, but I'm going with "car was found". Where was the lunch box found please? tia

On a road or in a creek depending which report ya read A farmer found it.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Thank goodness they are going to update at the news conference. HOPEFULLY it will clear some thing up.

I sure hope so! I would think LE has the real facts its us websluths that dont know tiddley squat LOL:banghead:

Bradjenkins
04-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Looking at the search pattern I wonder if the perp is trying to reach the river or maybe trying to go into one of the wildlife refuges? There must be some plan he has and I really doubt he is going in a random direction. Maybe he plans on escaping via boat?
I'm sure small boats would have a lot less scrutiny and way less traffic than on a normal road even if it is a rural road.
Again just pure speculation on my part.

RavenTrue
04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
PC is in 20 minutes. About to storm here so thinking a nappy might be good. Don't nap as a rule so hope it's like teh's (:

Am also sooo hoping that Holly is alive, and taken by someone who wants to keep her. Why I think that against the odds? No idea, but do.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Local spelunkers? I know we have many around here, I wonder if that is an avenue they are exploring. Does anyone read Jefferson Bass books? This reminds me of the one with the lady in the cave.

*edited, Carved in Bone is the book. Good read if you have any interest in The Body Farm at UT.

It would be a perfect place to hide her!!!!!

concentric
Regarding the thought I had that he saw her in the hospital where he had this fantasy, followed her home.

He observes the routine of the family for a few days and determines the best time to get her.

About the nursing textbooks. Maybe he wanted those to be with her. Maybe they were part of his fantasy. Just a thought.

Lerpiniere
Referring to the image of the front of the house shown in this link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/16/2011-04-16_holly_bobo_abduction_missing_tennessee_nursing_ student_left_in_fear_with_attacke.html

from this vantage point at least, and given the considerable set-back of the house from the driveway entrance, and the trees flanking the property, if the perp was situated by the street, he would not be able to see exit activity at the carport, as the structure is not visible. If the carport is off to the side, hidden behind the trees, he would have to have been in the woods watching/waiting to abduct her.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
You would think they would search all thos dont ya think?

Such a dense and vast area. LadyFinger is just well known.
I know of at least 20 very remote areas that you have to hike for long periods of time to get to that have caves/springs in that area:banghead:
That's what they are up against, like trying to find Rudolph the bomber in the Carolina woods.
This area doesn't have those mountains, but it is very remote.
And nearby within a few "moves" is Natchez Trace State Park and it goes on and on.

RavenTrue
04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Looking at the search pattern I wonder if the perp is trying to reach the river or maybe trying to go into one of the wildlife refuges? There must be some plan he has and I really doubt he is going in a random direction. Maybe he plans on escaping via boat?
I'm sure small boats would have a lot less scrutiny and way less traffic than on a normal road even if it is a rural road.

Hi Brad. WELCOME!
:party: :wagon:

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:44 PM
PC is in 20 minutes. About to storm here so thinking a nappy might be good. Don't nap as a rule so hope it's like teh's (:

Am also sooo hoping that Holly is alive, and taken by someone who wants to keep her. Why I think that against the odds? No idea, but do.

are they on central time there raven??? if so it will be in an hour and 20

Chili Fries
04-16-2011, 02:45 PM

They are central time so it will be an hour and 15 minutes now.

SNOWINMEMPHIS

I have been thinking he is moving towards the river since this case broke.
Boats are everywhere and he probably has access to one.
It could be of any size, even a sailboat.
Very good thinking Brad!!!

RavenTrue
are they on central time there raven??? if so it will be in an hour and 20

You are so right :floorlaugh: More time for nappie. THANKS girl

Quiche
04-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I hope they've interviewed the brother's friends-- not only is that relationship fodder for crushes/obsessions, but she'd also easily fall for a ruse that her brother needed help in the woods, she willingly be led. Just a thought...

Lerpiniere
Regarding caves in the area, I cannot find references in Google to any other prominent cave systems in Decatur County TN apart from Craighead in Sweetwater -- and that's 5 hrs away from the scene. I am sure there must be others.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
Referring to the image of the front of the house shown in this link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/16/2011-04-16_holly_bobo_abduction_missing_tennessee_nursing_ student_left_in_fear_with_attacke.html

from this vantage point at least, and given the considerable set-back of the house from the driveway entrance, and the trees flanking the property, if the perp was situated by the street, he would not be able to see exit activity at the carport, as the structure is not visible. If the carport is off to the side, hidden behind the trees, he would have to have been in the woods watching/waiting to abduct her.

I can't say why but I believe he was watching her from the woods throughout the latter part of winter. NiteVision glasses at night.

nursebeeme
VOLUNTEER INFO:
Volunteers are needed now for the continued search for Holly Bobo. Please report to the fairgrounds now with a photo ID, you will be required to sign in at the fairgrounds. No children please. Be prepared to walk. This will be a foot search.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:52 PM
just thinking here... but does anyone recall what dad's occupation was????

could any coworkers have been around the house before?

how about hunting? they have a huge parcel of land that people could have hunted on ((even if they were not doing it legally)) did the family allow anyone to hunt there or could someone have been hunting in that area

eta: perp seems to obviously know the woods well to move that many miles through dense forest

casseole
04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I think dad does something with trees.

belimom
04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
it was said that her phone was located int he car that does not exist per facebook ;)

I also saw - on FB - that her phone was found in the barn... :rolleyes:

ETA: Just lots of conflicting info out there - who knows what the truth is, kwim?

ETA again: It wasn't FB - it was a comment somewhere. Again, probably a rumor but there's just so much going around, kwim?

Chili Fries
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
No offense to anyone but could we keep the psychic and visions posts in that section of the forum and leave this thread for the info from news sources and LE. It just tends to confuse things even more.

nursebeeme
I also saw - on FB - that her phone was found in the barn... :rolleyes:
which fb bmom?

concentric
From what I heard the dad is involved in tree trimming business.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054075-504083.html

SNOWINMEMPHIS
If you even search homes/property for sell in Decatur county TN you see that alot of the properties list caves, which are part of the Craighead (sp) cave system.
Also there is an area called Cave Hollow.
So many and such a vast area.

belimom
04-16-2011, 02:57 PM
which fb bmom?

Oh boy - let me go look and see. It was a couple of days ago...

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 02:58 PM
no worries bmom! I just wondered if it was the same one I had been looking at today

Mick
04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I can't say why but I believe he was watching her from the woods throughout the latter part of winter. NiteVision glasses at night.

He believed he was planning carefully and could later be among the family and seem normal. Now he is in such turmoil. Try sending him the idea not to harm her further. Send it on wings of prayer.

send what he has done is very wrong. The wrong will not be made right by doing further wrong....so far it has been a serious offense, but not one that a person cannot recover from if he takes her to safety, or turns himself in.

He is worried about killing more...afraid he will kill others....send it is an unfounded belief, he will never do such a thing again.

Salem
04-16-2011, 03:01 PM
We don't do visions or psychics here, guys.

Salem
Mod

Mick
04-16-2011, 03:02 PM
No offense to anyone but could we keep the psychic and visions posts in that section of the forum and leave this thread for the info from news sources and LE. It just tends to confuse things even more.

Wilco, could you please direct me to that section....

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I don't believe in Physics. Esp. one named Sylvia Brown.

Mick
04-16-2011, 03:03 PM
We don't do visions or psychics here, guys.

Salem
Mod

We used to. Thought we did a pretty good job with Chelsea King.

T4Tide
04-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi! My first post. :)

Here's what, for me, is the biggest clue so far:

When her brother, who I realize LE has ruled out as a suspect, thought Holly had walked into the woods with her boyfriend, and then realized later that she had not, why did he first call the boyfriend? I mean, if it was MY sister, I'd try her phone first, right? There are only two reasons I wouldn't. One being if her phone was obviously in plain sight and I knew she didn't have it, I'd call the first person I would think would be with her. The other reason would be...... that I would know she couldn't answer it.

Mick
04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Sorry, I don't believe in Physics. Esp. one named Sylvia Brown.

I'm not Sylvia Brown. My name and contact info is on file with admin.

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
We used to. Thought we did a pretty good job with Chesea King.

I think Pychics tend to confuse people and get people's hopes up.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 03:06 PM
I need to get ready for my trip to Jackson...but I keep waiting here for news and all of your great sleuthing!
I am certainly no psychic or "insider" with secret knowledge.
Just a concerned lifelong Tennessean who wants this angel home with her family.
It's cold outside and I am going to put a sweater and jacket on as I head out in a little while to watch my 21 year old nursing student niece perform in a sorority variety show tonight.
Is Holly cold and hungry?
God I hope not:(

nursebeeme
e Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says that the 20-year-old woman's brother, Clint, saw her talking to the man outside their home in Darden about 7:30 a.m., but Clint did not notice anything wrong until he went outside and saw blood. Clint Bobo, 25, saw the man only from the back, and thought it was his sister's boyfriend, authorities said. He did not become alarmed until he went outside and saw then blood, and then he called 911.

Authorities said they are confident Bobo's brother and boyfriend are not suspects.

Investigators have not yet been able to confirm whether the blood outside the home was Holly Bobo's.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110416/NEWS01/104160317/Search-uncovers-lunch-box-TBI-Blood-found-outside-after-man-led-Holly-Bobo-away-from-home?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

annalyzer
regarding searching the woods i wonder if LE believe the perp still has her in the woods or left her somewhere in the woods as opposed to taking her to his home, or do they just not know of anywhere else to search?

iluvmua

When her brother, who I realize LE has ruled out as a suspect, thought Holly had walked into the woods with her boyfriend, and then realized later that she had not, why did he first call the boyfriend? I mean, if it was MY sister, I'd try her phone first, right? There are only two reasons I wouldn't. One being if her phone was obviously in plain sight and I knew she didn't have it, I'd call the first person I would think would be with her. The other reason would be...... that I would know she couldn't answer it.

ok, Brother is not a suspect & I don't know who he called first

just in case you were wondering.

MsBrisbee

3rd reason may be he tried it first and got no answer, then tried boyfreinds.

Lerpiniere
04-16-2011, 03:10 PM

Given the set-back of that driveway, it would seem to be either someone in the house, watching from the woods or a neighbor.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
regarding searching the woods i wonder if LE believe the perp still has her in the woods or left her somewhere in the woods as opposed to taking her to his home, or do they just not know of anywhere else to search?

IMO they are still in the woods because they believe Holly and her abductor are hidden very well in the woods

MsBrisbee
04-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Don't see how brother could have done anything, whole family was home getting ready for work/school just an hour or a little more before she went missing. No time for brother to hide all evidence of any wrong doing in the short time since parents left.

casseole
willnunley via twitter

Documents: more than 700 people have volunteered to help today.
2 minutes ago via HTC Peep

Mick
Going looking for the PSI section of this board.....

belimom
04-16-2011, 03:13 PM
no worries bmom! I just wondered if it was the same one I had been looking at today

Okay, wasn't FB. It was a comment somewhere else. Probably a rumor... There seem to many rumors or at least conflicting/unsubstantiated stories, kwim?

ETA: I updated my original post to reflect this as well.

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Don't see how brother could have done anything, whole family was home getting ready for work/school just an hour or a little more before she went missing. No time for brother to hide all evidence of any wrong doing in the short time since parents left.

brother, nor boyfriend are suspects

annalyzer
04-16-2011, 03:15 PM
IMO they are still in the woods because they believe Holly and her abductor are hidden very well in the woods

if that is the case do they not believe the perp could be armed and dangerous?

casseole
04-16-2011, 03:15 PM
willnunley via twitter

Investigators will update the media in 1 hour, on the latest findings. #hollybobo
2 minutes ago via HTC Peep

tfrohning
04-16-2011, 03:16 PM
from will on twitter...LE will update media in hour

YellowDog
04-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Wonder if the man in the camo could have purposely wounded himself, approached her and told her he and his friend got shot in the woods and asked her to accompany him and help with his friend?

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 03:17 PM

That's what i'm thinking

tfrohning
04-16-2011, 03:18 PM

I would think they would have to assume that he is armed and dangerous!

belimom
04-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Regarding caves in the area, which if any of the caves listed in the link below under "Cave Exploration" are situated near the scene and search areas? One is listed here:

"Decatur County in far southwest Georgia has four caves, including Climax Caverns, which has passages totaling more than seven miles."

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/ArticlePrintable.jsp?id=h-2130

Site states: "The principal organization involved in mapping and documenting caves in Georgia is the Georgia Speleological Survey." Presumably LE would check with them?

But this is Georgia... Holly is missing from Decatur County, TN.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 03:19 PM

Maybe armed and dangerous but not willing to kill Holly?

annalyzer
04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I would think they would have to assume that he is armed and dangerous!

so you allow citizens to search?

Lerpiniere
04-16-2011, 03:20 PM
brother, nor boyfriend are suspects

Which boyfriend? There are reportedly two, and if I'm not mistaken, the one seen in the array of photos online is the one ruled out by LE as suspect. Haven't heard LE rule out the one whom Holly reportedly filed an order of protection against.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Wonder if the man in the camo could have purposely wounded himself, approached her and told her he and his friend got shot in the woods and asked her to accompany him and help with his friend?

Great thinking...but wouldn't she have called 911 from her cell at the same time?
Could this explain the "found, not-found" cell phone?
:banghead:

Lerpiniere
04-16-2011, 03:22 PM
But this is Georgia... Holly is missing from Decatur County, TN.

Right you are. My mistake. Aside from Craighead in Sweetwater (which is 5 hrs away) I cannot find references to caves near the scene.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
so you allow citizens to search?

Yes with LE escorts. Plus many citizens have carry permits and are armed.
I have to leave soon...would I be the first WSer to shave my legs while on a laptop? LOL

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Which boyfriend? There are reportedly two, and if I'm not mistaken, the one seen in the array of photos online is the one ruled out by LE as suspect. Haven't heard LE rule out the one whom Holly reportedly filed an order of protection against.

The ex boyfriend is just a rumor and so is the RO

fraudqueen
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Just getting home. Last night Mark Furman said they search dog did not hit on the area where the brother said they went into the woods. If this is true....it bothers me, very, very much. I haven't heard anything else about the brother except he's 25 and not a suspect. Does anyone know if he's helping with the search? Has anyone seen a photo of him. I'm not saying he did anything wrong, I just like to see people, watch their body language and get a feel for them. IMO

casseole
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
I have to leave soon...would I be the first WSer to shave my legs while on a laptop? LOL

Perhaps! Hahaha. Its hard to pull yourself away though.

annalyzer
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Just getting home. Last night Mark Furman said they search dog did not hit on the area where the brother said they went into the woods. If this is true....it bothers me, very, very much. I haven't heard anything else about the brother except he's 25 and not a suspect. Does anyone know if he's helping with the search? Has anyone seen a photo of him. I'm not saying he did anything wrong, I just like to see people, watch their body language and get a feel for them. IMO

yeah i've seen about fifty thousand photos of holly but not one of her with her brother.

Salem
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
We used to. Thought we did a pretty good job with Chelsea King.

That was probably a special occurrance, Mick. Sometimes we allow "dream" threads but that rarely happens and generally only when a case has gone cold.

Salem

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
http://twitpic.com/4lojqn

fraudqueen
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Yes, Furman said it was TBI who told him the dogs did not pick up a scent in that area.

Does anyone know if the brother works or goes to school or anything?

iluvmua

OH BOY!!!! not good :(

her chances of survival plummit by the hour

nursebeeme
"Everybody is dedicated to this search," said Kevin Cagle, director of the Decatur County Emergency Management Agency.

Searchers were using a helicopter to pinpoint areas to send search teams on Saturday after late-afternoon rain, wind and hail cut short the search on Friday, Cagle said.

"We have a couple of different command posts set up," Cagle said. "We've got ATVs, horses ... foot searchers."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/16/us-tennessee-woman-missing-idUSTRE73F2C920110416

Eileen730

Sure Chili it was only mentioned once cause of the cave comments thats all....
and there are alot of caves. sorry to cause a fuss!

CocoChanel
04-16-2011, 03:35 PM

Maybe I'm the first to do so on an iPad?!?!? Doubtful!! Technology just makes multi-tasking so much easier! But I digress....

I've never participated in a search, but I realize they can be incredibly helpful to investigations. It just seems to be a logistical nightmare to coordinate. God bless those that have the know-how to do so.

iluvmua
Yes, Furman said it was TBI who told him the dogs did not pick up a scent in that area.

not that i'm aware of

Emma Peel
Going looking for the PSI section of this board.....

Welcome to WS. Welcome everyone new!

FYI - There is no Psychic section on this board.

We can discuss theory here - but our posts in this vein should makes it crystal clear that our discussion is conjecture - merely a theory.

When offering an opinion (or an extended opinion such as theory) - we also point out the part of our posts that is opinion. (Even if some facts are used to form opinion.)

Everyone catches on eventually. :cow:

For example, even the little moo-cow means "MOO" or my own opinion.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I am here at the command center, I will tweet any important highlights.

Daisyjane
04-16-2011, 03:36 PM
OH BOY!!!! not good :(

her chances of survival plummit by the hour

Have the dogs alerted anywhere, or on anything, at all?

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I have no idea what the brother does.
I just know the TBI have said that his story as he has told it is true.
There are so many rumors on so many sites that it is confusing, but he is a witness and it stands to reason they would not want him giving interviews right now.
JMO

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 03:37 PM

We dont know anything about clint bobo.!
Is he on facebook?

fraudqueen
04-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Sorry....MOO!!

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 03:40 PM

not that i'm aware of

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 03:40 PM
we don't know and only have a statement from a talking head... not from LE

moo

Emma Peel
04-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Do we know what sort of training the dogs had?

SNOWINMEMPHIS
If that is his facebook then he has a lot of friends at UT Martin.
Perhaps he is/was a student there himself.
JMO

SurfieTX
Is there a link to the presser available?

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
News Update: the scheduled TBI news conference about the abduction of 20-year-old Holly Bobo is now scheduled for 4pm. We will bring you details tonight on Action News 5 starting with the 5pm newscast.

https://www.facebook.com/ActionNews5?sk=wall

Gardenlady
04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Catching up again, gotta say, Wow, that Nunley is a great tweeter. They need to give that man a raise!

Heh.. Tweeter? Or Twitterer? :waitasec:

SurfieTX
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Now reporting in 1/2 hour? http://www.facebook.com/BHBHS

southern_scout
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
presser in 10 minutes. Anyone know where they are airing it online? I doubt our local affiliates will be interrupting the Stanley Cup and NBA playoffs.

concentric
04-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh, I remember what I was going to ask.

In one of the videos with LE, I think they said that the volunteers searching the woods were looking for evidence. So, do I take that to mean that the search in the woods is not necessarily for the perp. or victim but just for evidence they left behind?

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I think it has been pushed back an hour?

southern_scout
whoops, posted too slow.

nursebeeme
Catching up again, gotta say, Wow, that Nunley is a great tweeter. They need to give that man a raise!

Heh.. Tweeter? Or Twitterer? :waitasec: he is the eyes to the world about what is going on... now we need to get him up to Jennifer Wadsworth's level of investigative reporting and he will be the complete package!

((memba her in the sandra cantu case? girl cracked the whole case wide open!))

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh, I remember what I was going to ask.

In one of the videos with LE, I think they said that the volunteers searching the woods were looking for evidence. So, do I take that to mean that the search in the woods is not necessarily for the perp. or victim but just for evidence they left behind?

they told searchers yesterday to look for books, purse, feminine items (not sure what they meant by that... clothes etc???)

Mick
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I am here at the command center, I will tweet any important highlights.

Good to know you're there, Nurse....work with you again...I hope I'm having powerful imaginaries....

Salem
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Please do not post social media links for innocent friends and family. Only the victim's pages, the POI/Suspect/Perp pages and pages for searching, bringing the victim home may be linked.

Also, remember no cutting & pasting. Paraphase/summerize and provide the link.

Thanks,

Salem

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Heh.. Tweeter? Or Twitterer? :waitasec:

We said that last night. He was the one that told us that the car was not confirmed and it was a rumor.

He states facts!

Some of us wrote to his station saying what a great job he did!

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Do we know if PC is still on for this hour?
Will has not posted/tweeted in last hour but someone here posted it would be at 4pm...unless they meant Eastern time...

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 04:00 PM
they told searchers yesterday to look for books, purse, feminine items (not sure what they meant by that... clothes etc???)

hair ties
earrings
jewelry
scarves
sox
sneakers? or shoes? make up etc she must have her purse?

where is her phone?

Where is Holly?

MsBrisbee
04-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Kind of interesting article, wonder if search is concentrated in that area still.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

Chili Fries
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
This station streamed the last PC:

http://www.wsmv.com/video/9624406/index.html

Not sure if we'll see anything this time though.

alwayslooking
04-16-2011, 04:06 PM

I think it important to remember, Mark Furman is a famous liar!!!!!! That being said, until LE give's more information noone has an inside track!:rocker:

scorekeeper
04-16-2011, 04:06 PM

terra4thetide,

sorry late in posting, but have been driving!!

:fireworks2: :welcome: :welcome4:

glad you joined us!!

score

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking PC has been pushed back an hour...

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I think the PC starts at 5; not sure though

concentric
04-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Kind of interesting article, wonder if search is concentrated in that area still.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

I read that article this a.m. and the expert said he thinks they didn't go in a vehicle, so then I thought to myself, well we haven't heard from LE yet that they didn't go in a vehicle.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Do we know if PC is still on for this hour?
Will has not posted/tweeted in last hour but someone here posted it would be at 4pm...unless they meant Eastern time...

I think it was moved to 4 central time!

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm thinking PC has been pushed back an hour...
I agree

https://www.facebook.com/ActionNews5?sk=wall

http://www.wmctv.com/

first link is facebook of wmctv (second link being their actual site)

to paraphrase they said the newsconference was not scheduled for 4pm cst (5pm est)

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 04:16 PM
perp had to have a plan for going into the woods and getting away from there... why not take Holly's car.. that she was just headed out to get into to drive to her nursing test.

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 04:17 PM
perp had to have a plan for going into the woods and getting away from there... why not take Holly's car.. that she was just headed out to get into to drive to her nursing test.

YOUR right!

southern_scout
04-16-2011, 04:19 PM
4pm central time, still, I think.

belimom
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM

So true. If she was leaving for class, then she had her car keys, etc - why not just force her into her vehicle and go, ditching it later, kwim? Awful risky to go on foot through the woods, even if a short distance.

MOO

(OT: I *really* need to stop checking this thread and clean the house...)

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
YOUR right! I just keep thinking.. why not ambush her at her car..... make her drive??? they are in a remote area....

this guy had a plan in place that involved the woods and I keep thinking of that ohio case with the trees.... that is why I was earlier asking if any fellow tree trimming employees with the father were strange/wondered if any had been around and they were all looked into

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 04:23 PM
maybe because he thought the brother would hear it and not have time to escape with Holly. JMOO

VicVixvi
04-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Vic's hypothesis:

Something I have not heard mentioned (although I'm a few pages behind yet..) is that this is Tennessee's statewide spring turkey season (April 2 - May 15, 2011 - http://www.tn.gov/twra/turkeymain.html).

Anyone familiar with turkey hunting knows that they are very perceptive birds and that you have to be very stealthy and in FULL CAMO to hunt them.

This time of year in Tennessee (and my part of Ohio) NO ONE would be suspicious coming out of the woods in camo, especially if the perp came from the adjoining property not owned by the Bobo's.

The perp used this as a ruse of some sorts to get Holly to the woods with him. One scenario that immediately came to my mind was

Perp(knowing HB is a nursing student..), "My friend is shot/injured/bleeding/etc in the woods"

Holly, "I'm a nurse let me help..."

The brother looks out the window and sees the perp and Holly going into the woods thinks it's boyfriend and heads to shower. They stop in the woods for Holly to call 911. Perp knocks phone to ground. Holly screams, heard by neighbor but brother is in shower by this time.

One thing not clear to me is where the cell phone was located. Barn or woods? I've heard both. The above scenario would fit either barn or woods.

Sorry for the ramblings. Was just had the turkey season pop into my head, went & looked it up and sure enough, smack middle of season. Wanted to get my thoughts down before they escaped my mind lol.

badhorsie
04-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Praying that Hollie survives this, I remember walking through the countryside to take my nursing state finals, praying for you Hollie

MsBrisbee
04-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I read that article this a.m. and the expert said he thinks they didn't go in a vehicle, so then I thought to myself, well we haven't heard from LE yet that they didn't go in a vehicle.

Right, I'm having a hard time believing they are still in the woods. It's been 3 nights, and this will be 3rd day, they need food and water. If they're on foot or ATV and she's still alive, just don't see how he could manage without a stash of supplies somewhere. Also could not have gotten very far.

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 04:28 PM
If he had taken her car, he would have had an all-day head start, or whenever she was expected home...

annalyzer
04-16-2011, 04:29 PM

did they ever determine whether or not the perp could've had a vehicle waiting for them somewhere in the woods or elsewhere?

Daisyjane
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
A 'way-out-there' thought just came to me. They HAVE thoroughly searched the house and grounds, right? I'm wondering about a 'JonBenet' scenario where the victim never left the premises.

concentric
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Maybe he didn't want to leave evidence in her car either.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Right, I'm having a hard time believing they are still in the woods. It's been 3 nights, and this will be 3rd day, they need food and water. If they're on foot or ATV and she's still alive, just don't see how he could manage without a stash of supplies somewhere. Also could not have gotten very far.

http://warriorcritic.com/tree-stand-preparation/

basic info on hunting turkeys using a blind/tree stand ((where perp could have hidden supplies, etc))

Coldpizza
I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered but I've been gone since yesterday. Has the ex been ruled out or does he have her?

cluciano63
Le said in an article posted this morning sometime that do NOT believe a vehicle is involved...for whatever reason, I don't know. So they must think they are on foot and in those woods, or they would not be asking the whole town to come out there and search. I just hope they are right.

nursebeeme
did they ever determine whether or not the perp could've had a vehicle waiting for them somewhere in the woods or elsewhere?
not officially confirmed but check the scanner thread here

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered but I've been gone since yesterday. Has the ex been ruled out or does he have her?

Ex never mentioned at all officially, only in rumors.

iluvmua
04-16-2011, 04:33 PM

it's very possible that he did have a vehicle somewhere. They would not get very far in those woods on an ATV, esp. with so many people out seaching for her.

I just do not think the perp would take that chance.

I have a really hard time believing they are still in those woods, even hidden somewhere.

concentric
04-16-2011, 04:39 PM
That duct tape with the hairs was by the side of a road.

annalyzer
04-16-2011, 04:39 PM
when is the news conference and is there a link to it online? tia

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't think Holly would have been in a position to drop things as clues...I don't see the perp letting her get far enough away from him to be dropping lunch pails, etc...

I also do not believe that all 2500 people in town were interviewed already as of yesterday, as was stated at one point, that is impossible...

Carla Lashelle
04-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Just because LE says the brother and b/f are not suspects doesnt mean that the brother or b/f do not know the suspect. You know, brother's hunting buddy, b/f's room mate; that kind of thing. But if they had a particular person in mind I think they would at least check out the guys residence or put his name out as a POI.

A vehicle MUST have been used. And I don't think it is an ATV or motor bike. It would be hard to kidnap someone on a bike particularly. But a car yes.

The suspect probably had at least two hours run time, given it took the brother an hour or so to call 911 and it woudl take cops a while to show up, do a cursory inverview, decide to search, call for more cops, etc. So, if the suspect did not go home, where did he go? Did he have another location to take Holly to? Did he leave his car and walk there? Did he abandon his car somewhere to be found with evidence inside? If he left the car where would he/they go. Two people can't walk that far that fast in dense woods and in night and bad weather.

I don't think this was some stranger camping out in the woods, etc. Because LE would find a camp site and he couldn't have gotten 8 miles away with no car particularly easily.

Coldpizza
04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Tn is rural enough to have backwoods cabins or shanty's. One can only hope she is being held captive and smart enough to play along with whatever game(for lack of a better word) that he is playing. If it is the ex no doubt he would be acting on obsessive behavior. Even if it isn't the ex If I remember correctly she has done some hunting herself so she has to be pretty savvy in the woods. Just trying to be positive here.

Truthful Lies
04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Any hunting cabins around there? I hope they've checked for underground "basements" in them. =P

cluciano63
04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Will is tweeting that the PC is coming up on the hour in about 15-20 minutes from now...

concentric
I swear I saw a video this a.m. with a LE officer, where they panned to the ground to show the duct tape and hairs on the ground near the road.

Carla Lashelle
Actually you might be able to rule the ex or b/f out fairly easily by checking their alibis. If this house is out of the way it would take some time to get there, kidnap someone, do away with her, drive around tossing evidence, possibly abandoning a car, and then going home again. I would expect that LE contacted them first thing after they started investigating. Family, boyfriends and ex's are always prime suspects.

Coldpizza
04-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I hope in the presser they account for the ex one way or the other. It would certainly help in the speculation.

T4Tide
04-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I wonder if Holly had an outside dog or if any of her neighbors did, and what the condition of the lunch box was when it was found. It is a possibility that it was dropped or sat down near her home and a dog or other animal could have carried it to the location where it was found. It was a long way, though, right?

Eileen730
04-16-2011, 04:46 PM
mick this post is scary...can you please explain it? i'm hoping you posted in holly's thread by accident. tia.

i think Mick has visions!

Nana46
04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Channel 5 is a station out of Memphis, which is a local channel for us...they are stating on FB they will do the presser and report it at 5 on their 5pm daily broadcast so I assume they won't be live.....WN who is tweeting is out of Jackson,Tn and he will be tweeting. Although Jackson is closer than Memphis to me, we don't receive that channel but I view their website. I think WN tweets would be the easiest and quickest today.

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 04:49 PM
following is moo:

suspects most likely alibi for the day he took holly was that he was going hunting all day.....

I am sure scores of people went hunting that day... but who didn't show up for work the next day? or who showed up and was visibly nervous? wearing long sleeves? suspicious scratches, etc or who called in sick the following day? or even who planned a week long hunting trip?

moo

nursebeeme
04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Official: "A lot of ground has been covered"

MsBrisbee
04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Just because LE says the brother and b/f are not suspects doesnt mean that the brother or b/f do not know the suspect. You know, brother's hunting buddy, b/f's room mate; that kind of thing. But if they had a particular person in mind I think they would at least check out the guys residence or put his name out as a POI.

A vehicle MUST have been used. And I don't think it is an ATV or motor bike. It would be hard to kidnap someone on a bike particularly. But a car yes.

The suspect probably had at least two hours run time, given it took the brother an hour or so to call 911 and it woudl take cops a while to show up, do a cursory inverview, decide to search, call for more cops, etc. So, if the suspect did not go home, where did he go? Did he have another location to take Holly to? Did he leave his car and walk there? Did he abandon his car somewhere to be found with evidence inside? If he left the car where would he/they go. Two people can't walk that far that fast in dense woods and in night and bad weather.

I don't think this was some stranger camping out in the woods, etc. Because LE would find a camp site and he couldn't have gotten 8 miles away with no car particularly easily.

My thoughts also. Makes no sense that he's running around the woods with her. With so many searchers more would have been found by now. There was most likely a car somewhere close. They guy could be anyone, saw her one day, followed her and stalked for who knows how long, finally hatched his plan and has her in his house in some other town or has already done whatever and the body is 100 miles away.