View Full Version : How do you put photos in siggy?
09-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Hi sorry to post this here but I haven't been around for a while and wanted to post a photo in my siggy but cannot figure it out. Went to profile and insert image, but not sure how to do it beyond that - nothing I tried works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
09-29-2004, 12:54 PM
ask our casshew! she's great, she has helped many. including me, and i was hopeless! :)...still am semi-hopeless.
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Ok, I'll try here.
IF you have a particular picture you want as your siggy
right click on it. Click "properties."
a box will appear in the left corner of your screen. "Address
is inside that box.
highlight Address and then right click on it and hit copy.
Take that and when you try to add it to your siggy, be sure to hit "image" and add the address then.
I hope this is right. But try anyway, lol
09-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Thanks Beebee! That worked but the photo I want to use is too big, so I will work on it. But that works! Apparently, the photo has to be stored on a program like Shutterfly.com.
09-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey! It worked! Made it smaller! Just still in the newlywed bliss and wanted to share...lol
09-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Step 1. http://images.google.com/
- 'google image search', find a pic you like
- 'right click' on picture
- 'save picture as' to your computer
- 'a dialogue box' will pop up after you right click on the picture you want, this allows you to rename the file/pic and choose where on your computer to save it via the drop down box top right ( I use 'my picture' folder)
- 'save' press this option in the dialogue box.
- your picture is now saved to your computer.
- now you must go and host it (for free image hosting, i like photobucket)
Step 2. http://www.photobucket.com/
- register for free (safe)
- after registered, log in with your user name and id
- click on 'my album'
- click on 'browse' next to add pictures
- this will open a dialogue box where you look for your sig picture, you may need to use the drop down box to find it. when you locate it,
- 'highlight it' with your mouse
- click on 'open' in the dialogue box
- click on 'submit'
- picture is now added to your album
- scroll down, find the picture and
- left click on the 'Img' address it will become highlighted
- right and then left click to copy it
Step 3. http://websleuths.com/forums/index.php?
- click on User CP top left of page
- click on edit signature
- right click in box
- left click on paste
- at this point you can also type somehting under the pic if you want to
- click on preview
- if you like it you must click
- save signature
Please Let me know if it worked or helped... GOOD LUCK!! It is not hard if you follow these directions ... I taught myself and that was without the aid of one of those dummies books, lol. PM me if you need further help. It is safer to host your own sig pics.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.