PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #5

Pages : [1] 2 3

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Please continue here!

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 04:42 PM
hollye's map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.803892,-88.118591&spn=0.423233,1.049194&z=11

the current search is centered from gootch road (green walking people) north and east thru natchez trace state park and to I40

thoughts are that the suspect may have known holly... that they are a community resident.. that they may have used an atv and or car that they may have been cleaning or tried to wash over the past several days. the person may have missed work or appointments and may be anxious.

per http://twitter.com/willnunley there are over 1300 people who have volunteered today and it is still a search and recovery operation

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 04:44 PM
bringing this forward from the presser:

Officials think Bobo went with the man because she was in fear for her life. The abductor is described as a white man about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds.

Officials said today that they want people in the area to recall any unusual behavior of a man fitting the suspect's description, such as someone who has missed work or appointments and acting with increased anxiety or stress.

Officials confirmed that blood was found at Bobo's residence in Darden and has been sent to a lab in Memphis.

Authorities believe the suspect is not just on foot but have no description yet of a vehicle to look for.

Officials are searching areas north through Natchez Trace and eastward and in the Interstate 40 area.

Officials also say Bobo's brother and boyfriend are not ruled out in the investigation. "We're leaving all options open," Helm said.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110417/NEWS01/110417013

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
As Mark Klaas always says, it is up to the family to get themselves ruled out ASAP.

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
TBI spokeswoman Kirsten Helm said citizens should think back to between 7:40 and 8 a.m. Who was wearing camouflage on the morning she was led, presumably by force, into the woods from her parents home on Swan Johnson Road?

"This person may be acting with increased anxiety and stress," Helm said from a command center outside the Decatur County Fairgrounds. "He may have cleaned out a car or ATV, reported one missing or sold one unexpectedly."

another snip

Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
so they DO have a potential list of suspects!

I am still of the mind that this person could have been trying to get work with the tree trimming business that the Dad works for and could know the family in that way..

it is just a thought/opinion

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Unless they are at work, all healthy males in this town seems to be out searching...so anyone doing something else, such as washing out a truck, should stand out.

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
remember the private helicopter pilot that found the stranded family out west that got stuck in the snowstorm?

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
As Mark Klaas always says, it is up to the family to get themselves ruled out ASAP.

Exactly!!! I agree with that 100%
Id take a poly right away if i had nothing to hide.

Im not saying the brother did anything to her but how do u rule him out if he was the last person with her and the last person to see her!!!!
AFAIK you cant rule anyone out unless they were in china lol

JMO

panthera
04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
another snip

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

The blood found at the scene doesn't quite make sense with the brother or current boyfriend being the perp as it would seem she was being forced into the woods, possibly at knife point. The brother especially would also have a very narrow window of opportunity taken with Holly's possessions being found in locations miles away from the house. MOO

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Unless they are at work, all healthy males in this town seems to be out searching...so anyone doing something else, such as washing out a truck, should stand out.

Well thats one of the things that Summer Inmans hubby and family were doing and they were in video....

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Look at dumpsters for abandoned clothing too.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm not very encouraged by the car washing thing. :(

norest4thewicked
04-17-2011, 05:01 PM
The blood found at the scene doesn't quite make sense with the brother or current boyfriend being the perp as it would seem she was being forced into the woods, possibly at knife point. The brother especially would also have a very narrow window of opportunity taken with Holly's possessions being found in locations miles away from the house. MOO

I totally agree! Plus, someone in the area would have seen the brother leave and come back if he had rushed to some remote area (who knows HOW) to throw out her lunch box. It just doesn't make any sense at ALL to think that.

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:01 PM

See the thing is,,,,, We dont know what time the parents left the house we dont really have a time line. Did Mom and Dad see her that morning??? AFAIK there are alot of things we dont know. it just leves us with all these questions.

Some ppl think the bro might be involved in some way and then there are others that think he has nothing to do with anything.

We just dont know! JMO

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Let's hope it was to get mud off car/atv and sweeping inside to get mud, etc. out......hopefully, he hid her somewhere and can't get back to her because of the search area....

I feel he has also made himself part of search team......

Do we know for 100% it is a male?

JMO

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM

Any family member who does not allow themselves to be investigated IMO has something to hide. Also, they are deterring the case because now LE can't put their main focus on looking for a suspect.

Paulette
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Misinformation is a good thing.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Any family member who does not allow themselves to be investigated IMO has something to hide. Also, they are deterring the case because now LE can't put their main focus on looking for a suspect.

I would be absolutely sick if this was someone in her immediate family

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I would be absolutely sick if this was someone in her immediate family

I'm not referring to this case. I'm referring to all cases.

panthera
04-17-2011, 05:10 PM
See the thing is,,,,, We dont know what time the parents left the house we dont really have a time line. Did Mom and Dad see her that morning??? AFAIK there are alot of things we dont know. it just leves us with all these questions.

Some ppl think the bro might be involved in some way and then there are others that think he has nothing to do with anything.

We just dont know! JMO

True. However, I still believe it's possible the perp was lurking around the property, saw her parents leave and thought no one else was there except for Holly. MOO

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Misinformation is a good thing. I agree... puts this person....who is most likely a resident of the community... at rest a little. Lets him slip up a little...

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Let's hope it was to get mud off car/atv and sweeping inside to get mud, etc. out......hopefully, he hid her somewhere and can't get back to her because of the search area....

JMO

I would think he would be part of the search team also. I said that before!
Then he knows whats going on...
Im pretty sure they know its a male 180 to 200 pounds 5 10 to 6 foot. thats a guy.JMO

panthera
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM

JMO
By the physical description given, it would seem to be a male.

I agree about possibly being part of the search team. MOO

Mick
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
so they DO have a potential list of suspects!

I am still of the mind that this person could have been trying to get work with the tree trimming business that the Dad works for and could know the family in that way..

it is just a thought/opinion

Or could have been trying to work for the same tree trimming company Holly's dad works for, but couldn't get on right now for one reason or another, like there not being enough work right now to justify hiring another person.

Yes, just a thought/an opinion

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:13 PM
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and other law enforcement agencies asked residents during a news conference Sunday to take notice of anyone whose whereabouts were unaccounted for Wednesday morning when Bobo went missing.

Officials said to be on the lookout for changes in behavior, such as missing work Wednesday through Friday. They also said to look for someone who may have excessively cleaned or sold a vehicle or all-terrain vehicle.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/15420b74820e4139abbc19698c16abb3/US--Tenn-Woman-Abducted/

let the tips fly in! for this community it is personal... they will find this person soon imhoo

finding him may be the best way to find Holly...

moo

Mick
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM

Did the brother leave the house after calling 9/11?

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:15 PM
True. However, I still believe it's possible the perp was lurking around the property, saw her parents leave and thought no one else was there except for Holly. MOO

yes I agree! But again we are going by what her brother has said.

WHAT IF there was no man in camo ?
What if she was not led out to the woods?

its a bunch of what ifs but we dont know much of anything!

Im mean in all fairness if they are focusing on a local washing their car and acting strange it seem they have a hunch. JMO

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Source: Investigators busy following leads and information
http://twitter.com/willnunley

I just knew that presser would get the locals calling in tips

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM

Hi there Mick!

I dont think anything was reported. He went out and saw the blood and called 911.

Coldpizza
04-17-2011, 05:17 PM

We just dont know! JMO

Ok Am I wrong that she didn't live with her parents? I thought she just lived with her brother? If I missed this then I'm slipping in my well, older years:innocent:

Can someone please clarify?

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 05:18 PM
yes I agree! But again we are going by what her brother has said.

WHAT IF there was no man in camo ?
What if she was not led out to the woods?

its a bunch of what ifs but we dont know much of anything!

Im mean in all fairness if they are focusing on a local washing their car and acting strange it seem they have a hunch. JMO

How long after the parents left did the 911 call come in?

How much time did the brother have with Holly?

not pointing at anyone...trying to timeline this

Just my thoughts/opinions

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Im pretty sure they know its a male 180 to 200 pounds 5 10 to 6 foot. thats a guy.JMO

OK, this bothers me too. The brother saw the suspect going into the woods. Camo masks your outline to begin with and how far away exactly was he to be able to determine his weight and height? I myself wouldn't be able to give a determination based on this.

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Ok Am I wrong that she didn't live with her parents? I thought she just lived with her brother? If I missed this then I'm slipping in my well, older years:innocent:

Hi cold pizza i believe the son and daughter live with mom and dad the father was on the news saying the perp must have watched them knowing what time he and his wife left for work.

I had not heard anything about Holly living with her brother.

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
How long after the parents left did the 911 call come in?

How much time did the brother have with Holly?

not pointing at anyone...trying to timeline this

Just my thoughts/opinions

Yes and did the parents actually see Holly?

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
OK, this bothers me too. The brother saw the suspect going into the woods. Camo masks your outline to begin with and how far away exactly was he to be able to determine his weight and height? I myself wouldn't be able to give a determination based on this.

I think he estimated it by What hollys bf was in height and weight cause he thought it was her bf...So that could be wrong too.. who knows

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I am just shooting out my own opinion: this was not a family member

moo

((I also think the presser today will bring in some valuable tips on who could be the perp))

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
several waterway searches viewed to be in progress, dive teams being utilized.

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Beat me to it nurse :P

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM

moo

((I also think the presser today will bring in some valuable tips on who could be the perp))

Probably not but ya never know we are just hashing out some theorys?

angela
If she was directly next to him, I think it would be fairly easy to determine his height and weight in comparison to hers.

scorekeeper
nunley......dive teams out

fraudqueen
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
IMO....these cops don't appear to have anything. The poor people of the community are trying to do everything they can.

They need to take a closer look....the perp could be part of the search and a lot of times in small communities try to keep themselves even closer to the situation to throw everyone off. Providing of course, there ever was person in camo....IMO.

Again, just wondering, have we heard of anyone who knows if the brother works, goes to school....or just stays home all day? Haven't seen even one photo of him anywhere, except a distant one on FB.

Just pondering all the thoughts going through my mind....everything is MOO.:banghead:

nursebeeme
Probably not but ya never know we are just hashing out some theorys?
I totally understand that... I am not trying to step on the great mother toes of sleuthing.. I just wanted to voice my opinion at this time that is all

Eileen730
Source: several waterway searches viewed to be in progress, dive teams being utilized

See this all scares me now they are searching waterways and looking for a man washing his car ... I think she didnt make it!

Coldpizza
Hi cold pizza i believe the son and daughter live with mom and dad the father was on the news saying the perp must have watched them knowing what time he and his wife left for work.

I had not heard anything about Holly living with her brother.

Wow I guess I missed alot on Saturday and this case all together. So she lived with her parents? What time did they leave? Good grief that changes alot for me, not with the parents but the timeline. Not to mention that really makes it more plausible that the perp had to know the coming and goings of this family.

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I totally understand that... I am not trying to step on the great mother toes of sleuthing.. I just wanted to voice my opinion at this time that is all

Woahhhh lol i was agreeing with ya! heck im just here to put in my :twocents: nothing more nothing less sorry....

Ill go back to my corner.

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 05:28 PM

moo

Trying to piece together.....not saying at all a family member.....wondered how long after parents left and 911 call made.....

seems like a close knit family and community

JMO

Mick
04-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi there Mick!

I dont think anything was reported. He went out and saw the blood and called 911.

Hi Eileen, good to see you here today!!! :)

Was the 911 call from the home phone or from the brother's cell phone? Did the brother stay there until the police arrived?

As to washing the car, leather seats would wipe things down easy, and no worries about the mud. Don't quite a few people have mud in and on their cars?

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Pizza,
father works for tree service and mother is a teacher... both left for work that morning

brother was home his occupation not reported on

he looked out window to see Holly being led to tree line: he thought it was her boyfriend (he is known to hunt and it is turkey season)

hour passes

he opens front door to find blood and her car still there and he calls 911 and most likely his mother who also calls 911

screams and another 911 call possibly heard by neighbor but check out this map (neighbors and their proximity are noted)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.803892,-88.118591&spn=0.423233,1.049194&z=11

fraudqueen
Hi Eileen, good to see you here today!!! :)

Was the 911 call from the home phone or from the brother's cell phone? Did the brother stay there until the police arrived?

As to washing the car, leather seats would wipe things down easy, and no worries about the mud. Don't quite a few people have mud in and on their cars?

It's very difficult to clean away fibers from hair, clothing, pets in the home...etc. Next to impossible to get everything out....IMO

iluvmua
See this all scares me now they are searching waterways and looking for a man washing his car ... I think she didnt make it!

or they are looking for a Body :(

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Woahhhh lol i was agreeing with ya! heck im just here to put in my :twocents: nothing more nothing less sorry....

Ill go back to my corner. me too! please keep on hashing it out.. I just wanted to voice my opinion as I am usually the links to the media kind of participant... LOL

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm sure that the police are going thru Holly and her friend's Facebook and/or Myspace pages. No telling what they will find there. People put interesting comments on social networking sites. Hope it helps :)

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm sure that the police are going thru Holly and her friend's Facebook and/or Myspace pages. No telling what they will find there. People put interesting comments on social networking sites. Hope it helps :)

I'm sure they are

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
can anyone link the scanner thread? I can't find it

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
1,419 volunteers searching 2 counties for missing Holly Bobo

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
I truly didn't mean to offend anyone with my opinion... just had to say it

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
An interesting interview with Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a crime scene analyst and professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York on the Holly Bobo case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

Paulette
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM

That line is just too clever by halves! :floorlaugh:

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

here it is

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Is this what you want?
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=7736

peeples
dive teams being used http://twitter.com/willnunley

Source: several waterway searches viewed to be in progress, dive teams being utilized. #hollybobo

Eileen730
or they are looking for a Body :(

I hate to say this but i think they are looking for a body!

panthera
04-17-2011, 05:42 PM

Normally all possibilities need to be ruled out. Also, the more time that elapses since the abduction, statistically the less chance she is alive, unless LE knows a specific motive for the abduction in which the perp would want to keep her alive. MOO

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Tried to catch up, as much as possible, from the last thread. So no one has been ruled out as a suspect. Interesting.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
We don't know for sure it was an hour, even...I saw at one point that the call was around 7:30 and the response at 7:57...so who knows...

panthera
It's very difficult to clean away fibers from hair, clothing, pets in the home...etc. Next to impossible to get everything out....IMO

That is so true, especially if there are pets in the house whose fur would come in contact with clothing which is then transferred to the upholstery or carpeting inside the vehicle. I know! :)

nursebeeme
Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...st-tenn-woman/

CHARLISA
I truly didn't mean to offend anyone with my opinion... just had to say it

You definately didn't offend me. I think it is great that everyone comments on their opinion.:rollercoaster:

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
The fact they want to know if anyone's been seen cleaning out a vehicle, is important, IMO. This does not sound good.

Mick
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
What are those areas that look like dirt roads that cross 5 Forks Road? Has anyone looked on those areas?

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Ill go back to my corner.

Do not go back to your corner! I'm interested in all of your posts.:seeya:

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
We don't know for sure it was an hour, even...I saw at one point that the call was around 7:30 and the response at 7:57...so who knows...
was the time from the sighting to the call? does that mean what he saw would have happened at 0630? makes me want to hear those 911 calls!

what I am thinking is that it may be more descriptive of the perp than they want to let go of at this time.. until they have a better bead on him but that is just my opinion

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I am doubtful if they have one suspect in mind...as now they are going to be getting calls on every person who may have washed a vehicle this past week...would they want to open the floodgates if they have someone in their sites? They said they were already working 250 tips...

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:48 PM

I wondered about that also, but nothing's been said about it. My guess is, he didn't leave, after calling 911, because LE would want to talk to him, right?

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM

Can someone please clarify?

From what I understand, they all lived in the same home, but I could be mistaken.

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Do not go back to your corner! I'm interested in all of your posts.:seeya:

lol THANKS:seeya:

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM
From what I understand, they all lived in the same home, but I could be mistaken.

they did!

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I wondered about that also, but nothing's been said about it. My guess is, he didn't leave, after calling 911, because LE would want to talk to him, right?

But what if he left before he called 911?

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Officials also say Bobo's brother and boyfriend are not ruled out in the investigation. "We're leaving all options open," Helm said.

above from Nursebeeme's post related to the press conf.

This a big change, from what they've said initially!??

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
But what if he left before he called 911?

Never thought of that, Eileen.

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't you hate to be someone who just randomly chose today to wash your car?

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
If she had her cellphone with her can they go back and triangulate where it was when she was first taken?

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't you hate to be someone who just randomly chose today to wash your car?

Hel* yeaaaaaaaa!!!!!

LuLa

Im not saying the brother did anything to her but how do u rule him out if he was the last person with her and the last person to see her!!!!

JMO

obviously from the press conf, they haven't ruled anyone out, now.

VicVixvi
they did!

I get the feeling, and this is just MOO, that CB either did not live there or perhaps if he did worked a different schedule and was not expected to be there by the perp.

This would lead to the father's comments that whoever did this knew the families routine.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 05:56 PM
If she had her cellphone with her can they go back and triangulate where it was when she was first taken?

Maybe they can tell where it was when it was last turned on or before battery wore down, if it did. Maybe that is giving them some of the search areas?

LuLa
04-17-2011, 05:58 PM

I am not either. :(

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Today's volunteer total has set the 5 day record.

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I get the feeling, and this is just MOO, that CB either did not live there or perhaps if he did worked a different schedule and was not expected to be there by the perp.

This would lead to the father's comments that whoever did this knew the families routine.

Also, I find it interesting that on this particular morning she had tests and not class. Did she go in at a different time than normal? If she did, then whoever took her knew that too. Makes it more plausible that it was someone stalking her IMO.

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:02 PM

Right it's not unusual for the perp to actively go out with a search party.

Truthful Lies
04-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Sorry for a blank post...can't delete with this app! :(

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Right it's not unusual for the perp to actively go out with a search party.

or to show up at a candle lighting

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Source: Investigators busy following leads and information

I just knew that presser would get the locals calling in tips

I think you were right, nursebeeme.

Mick
04-17-2011, 06:05 PM

It would sure seem that way to me, but one never knows. At least not until they know. :waitasec:

panthera
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Good point - or it wasn't part of his routine to be home at that time of the morning. I also remember from another thread that Holly didn't have the same routine every morning, such as some days she went in earlier or later than this day, so that would mean the perp not only knew the family routine but hers, which varied. MOO

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Good point - or it wasn't part of his routine to be home at that time of the morning. I also remember from another thread that Holly didn't have the same routine every morning, such as some days she went in earlier or later than this day, so that would mean the perp not only knew the family routine but hers, which varied. MOO

Or he just sat there and waited?

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:09 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/WSMV-TV-Channel-4-Nashville/94568081714

dive team spotted near family home in parsons

eta: by channel 4 chopper

my own opinion: glad they are searching area near the house

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:12 PM
someone on twitter saying live report coming up from channel 4 on this dive near the home

for any who are local and who can watch

Coldpizza
04-17-2011, 06:12 PM

Thanks LuLa for your reply, I really missed that major piece of info:loser:

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 06:13 PM

dive team spotted near family home in parsons

eta: by channel 4 chopper

my own opinion: glad they are searching area near the house

They have this huge like retention pond near the house you can see it on google map...

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.678594,-88.174939&spn=0.003312,0.008197&z=18&iwloc=0004a0e4116221f893719

tried to center hollye's map on several of the bodies of water around the home for reference

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Why the camo clothing? Wouldn't people who saw you before this remember someone walking around in camo? Did he plan this (hunter type) to go in the woods and not be as visible? Something doesn't add up!

For The Kids
04-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Read comments from SC

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:18 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.676124,-88.170691&spn=0.013247,0.032787&z=16&iwloc=0004a0e4116221f893719

scrolled back on the map a bit to show size of bodies of water to the right of her home (two smaller ones directly below).. not sure which are being searched right now

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:18 PM

I think I could be able to determine his height, if he was standing next to Holly.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Read comments from SC

:( That's what I'm thinking

nursebeeme
Read comments from SC

wow.. if that is true hang on...

iluvmua
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.676124,-88.170691&spn=0.013247,0.032787&z=16&iwloc=0004a0e4116221f893719

scrolled back on the map a bit to show size of bodies of water to the right of her home (two smaller ones directly below).. not sure which are being searched right now

The pond/lake behind her house

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:20 PM
If she was directly next to him, I think it would be fairly easy to determine his height and weight in comparison to hers.

I'm not good at guessing weight, but I agree with you on the height Angela.

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
does anyone have live copter feed for WSMT-TV

LuLa
nunley......dive teams out

This does not sound good. Wonder what evidence searchers found late yesterday, if anything? I do think they found something significant though.

Mick
Have the perimeters of that area that looks like it's been logged with the dirt roads to what I'd consider the east, or more scrolling over to the right on the map, been searched?

Eileen730
Why the camo clothing? Wouldn't people who saw you before this remember someone walking around in camo? Did he plan this (hunter type) to go in the woods and not be as visible? Something doesn't add up!

its hunting season there for wild turkeys.
They wear alot of camo anywayz...JMO Kids and all.

Ellebelle
Read comments from SC

If that were my sons fiance I'd be so ticked at her shooting off her mouth, because that shows he has spoken about things they are trying to keep on the down low for whatever reason.
JMO

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
IMO....these cops don't appear to have anything. The poor people of the community are trying to do everything they can.

They need to take a closer look....the perp could be part of the search and a lot of times in small communities try to keep themselves even closer to the situation to throw everyone off. Providing of course, there ever was person in camo....IMO.

Again, just wondering, have we heard of anyone who knows if the brother works, goes to school....or just stays home all day? Haven't seen even one photo of him anywhere, except a distant one on FB.

Just pondering all the thoughts going through my mind....everything is MOO.:banghead:

A lot of questions, definately. It is driving me nuts, too!

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 06:23 PM
This does not sound good. Wonder what evidence searchers found late yesterday, if anything? I do think they found something significant though.

I think so also and i dont think it was good! JMO

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:23 PM

I don't think she did either, unfortunately. Would love to be wrong though.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Why wait until day 5 to search a body of water so close to the house, I wonder...it's not like they were short on searchers...

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Also, I find it interesting that on this particular morning she had tests and not class. Did she go in at a different time than normal? If she did, then whoever took her knew that too. Makes it more plausible that it was someone stalking her IMO.

Recalling my college days, normally a class' test would start at the same time as the class.

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 06:27 PM
they did!

Link?

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Why wait until day 5 to search a body of water so close to the house, I wonder...it's not like they were short on searchers...
ita and wonder

could it have come from a recent tip since the presser?

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
If she is in the water close to home, I would be doubtful about there being a guy in camo...

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
ita and wonder

or where they getting closer in the search??? Watch/read to many crime things......

annalyzer
04-17-2011, 06:32 PM

JMO

i dont understand why they were so quick to rule them out in the first place??

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Which wouldn't be unusual for a college student. My son for example has classes on Monday from 10-12 and then not until Thursday from 10-12 and 2-4 & 6-8.

This changes every quarter (or semester) as the student signs up for different classes offered that quarter (or semester..). If the perp did know her schedule and was lying in wait then it is someone that has had contact since whenever the last quarter change was at that college. My son just started his new quarter two weeks ago.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 06:35 PM
If she is in the water close to home, I would be doubtful about there being a guy in camo...

it's possible he did something to her and then tossed her in the pond and hen took off.

curiousc
04-17-2011, 06:36 PM
The pond/lake behind her house

This could be true. A neighbor heard her scream so she may be close to home.

My stomach is sick.

Gardenlady
04-17-2011, 06:37 PM

That was my first thought. Plus the fact that suddenly no one is ruled out anymore...

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 06:37 PM

GOOD Question?????????????????

norest4thewicked
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Link?

Unless anyone has personal knowledge of whether they all lived together, it has not been released as a fact in this case. For whatever reason though, the brother was there that morning. I believe they all lived there, but have no way of knowing absolutely that they do and it hasn't been released as such.

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Which wouldn't be unusual for a college student. My son for example has classes on Monday from 10-12 and then not until Thursday from 10-12 and 2-4 & 6-8.

This changes every quarter (or semester) as the student signs up for different classes offered that quarter (or semester..). If the perp did know her schedule and was lying in wait then it is someone that has had contact since whenever the last quarter change was at that college. My son just started his new quarter two weeks ago.

Sorry for quoting my own thread but wanted to add that I've located University of Tennessee at Martin's academic calendar. They are on semesters. <whoops incorrect> Holly would have been taking final exams for her spring semester.</whoops incorrect> I should have said Holly would be in the middle of a semester. Assuming the Parson's branch which Holly attended followed the same schedule as the main university.

http://catalog.utm.edu/content.php?catoid=4&navoid=192#Spring_Semester__2011

panthera
04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
ita and wonder

That was my thinking as well. A new lead. MOO

annalyzer
04-17-2011, 06:39 PM

wouldn't be so hard to determine with his sister standing next to the guy

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 06:40 PM
IMO a father with any scruples would not text or call a relative to tell them what is going on in an investigation. If he did, shame on him. Double shame on whoever puts it on FB. Maybe he is just trying to get attention ;(

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 06:42 PM

i didnt understand that either. Hopefully we will find out what happend.

norest4thewicked
04-17-2011, 06:42 PM
IMO a father with any scruples would not text or call a relative to tell them what is going on in an investigation. If he did, shame on him. Double shame on whoever puts it on FB. Maybe he is just trying to get attention ;(

That is downright WRONG!!! This girl (SB) must be crazy to put something like that out...geez!!!

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:44 PM
An interesting interview with Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky, a crime scene analyst and professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York on the Holly Bobo case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

Thanks. Informative!

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 06:45 PM

It happened in the Maynard case here in Ohio. One of the father's told another relative some inside update and it showed up on FB. Welcome to the new world of social media, eh?

curiousc
04-17-2011, 06:45 PM
If she is found in that pond/lake then someone was out to get revenge on her. Who? Why?

And I am going to mention the boyfriend briefly. If a couple breaks up the first thing you do is take the pics of you and your girlfriend off your FB profile, no?

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Unless anyone has personal knowledge of whether they all lived together, it has not been released as a fact in this case. For whatever reason though, the brother was there that morning. I believe they all lived there, but have no way of knowing absolutely that they do and it hasn't been released as such.

here ya go this article says Holly lives with her parents and 25 yr old brother clint!

http://www.startribune.com/nation/119972844.html

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Some people can't resist showing they are "in the know"...or pretending they are.

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM

I got an error with that link? Am I the only one?

SweetSkit
04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Check out the comment from KN -

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167968726715&id=94568081714#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167866431715&id=94568081714

panthera
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM
If she is found in that pond/lake then someone was out to get revenge on her. Who? Why?

And I am going to mention the boyfriend briefly. If a couple breaks up the first thing you do is take the pics of you and your girlfriend off your FB profile, no?

To answer your first questions, someone she rebuffed or rejected, who can't take "no"; someone who believes "if I can't have you, no one will". MOO

wfgodot
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I got an error with that link? Am I the only one?

Me too, but this one should work:

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167968726715&id=94568081714

cks comment (towards the end) on footprints..

large grain of salt alert

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM

Could it be because there might have been similiar "attempted" abduction/s in the area in the same timeframe?
Just pure conjecture and only my humble opinion

norest4thewicked
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167968726715&id=94568081714#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167866431715&id=94568081714

That is from our local news here in Nashville and they are wrong in their reporting unless more was found today because for the last 4 days it has ALWAYS said to be found in the carport area.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-17-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't believe much of what SC wrote on that FB post.
IF she has insider knowledge that Holly is somewhere, then she wouldn't be posting it for everyone to see.
I am 35 miles from the search area right now.
I know people involved in LE.
<modsnip>
I tend to believe that Holly is alive and will believe so until I have to give up that belief!
All MOO

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
was the time from the sighting to the call? does that mean what he saw would have happened at 0630? makes me want to hear those 911 calls! what I am thinking is that it may be more descriptive of the perp than they want to let go of at this time.. until they have a better bead on him but that is just my opinion

bbm

I've been wanting to hear them from the beginning of this. Maybe they will be released soon?

SweetSkit
That is from our local news here in Nashville and they are wrong in their reporting unless more was found today because for the last 4 days it has ALWAYS said to be found in the carport area.

Its like the 25th comment...Its not about the blood...

nursebeeme
Update: Air4 just spotted divers searching the water near Holly Bobo's home in Parsons. We'll have a live report coming up after hockey.

http://twitter.com/WSMVMatthewHilk

whenever hockey is over???

norest4thewicked
04-17-2011, 06:59 PM
IF she has insider knowledge that Holly is somewhere, then she wouldn't be posting it for everyone to see.
I'm not going to reveal anything publicly that I have heard.
I tend to believe that Holly is alive and will believe so until I have to give up that belief!
All MOO

That definitely got my temper up! Her future father in law needs to be removed from searching if he's telling stories like that. I know you can't stop people from talking, but FACEBOOK???? Seriously???

LuLa
04-17-2011, 06:59 PM
<modsnip>
All MOO

I hope you do know inside info. I hope you're right, her being alive too.

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167968726715&id=94568081714

Very interesting isnt that!

VicVixvi
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
here ya go this article says Holly lives with her parents and 25 yr old brother clint!

http://www.startribune.com/nation/119972844.html

Thanks! I had that on my list as a question I would like to know -- Was CB a regular resident at the house versus visiting or home from military, etc.

Now if you could only answer part two of that question; Where does CB work and what is his shift? :)

Mick
04-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I hope you do know inside info. I hope you're right, her being alive too.

I hope you're right too, and she is alive. I'd be glad to eat humble pie for a month straight.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't know if LE ever really ruled out anyone before today; they just made it clear today that no one had been ruled out.

Maybe the fact that Holly can't be found has made them have to consider all possibilities.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 07:03 PM

This is why i'm taking these FB postings with a grain of salt.

first someone posts on FB: she's probably in the lake behind her house
then another post: I heard they found her body yesterday
Then another one posts something about footprints......

:banghead:

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Update: Air4 just spotted divers searching the water near Holly Bobo's home in Parsons. We'll have a live report coming up after hockey.

http://twitter.com/WSMVMatthewHilk

whenever hockey is over???

OMG, whatever you do, don't interrupt hockey :banghead:

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks! I had that on my list as a question I would like to know -- Was CB a regular resident at the house versus visiting or home from military, etc.

Now if you could only answer part two of that question; Where does CB work and what is his shift? :)

LOL hey im searching my fingers are flameing lol....I type so many strange things into my search engine you wouldnt believe lol.
In all honesty i think if her brother was home from the military that would have been one of the first things they would have told us about him.

If ya notice nothing has been said about him at all.. Very strange if ya ask me.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 07:07 PM
OMG, whatever you do, don't interrupt hockey :banghead:

really :rolleyes:

CocoChanel
04-17-2011, 07:07 PM
This is why i'm taking these FB postings with a grain of salt.

first someone posts on FB: she's probably in the lake behind her house
then another post: I heard they found her body yesterday
Then another one posts something about footprints......

:banghead:

But we DO know they have divers in the water close to the house. That is on the WSMV Nashville TV Facebook page....posted by the station itself.

panthera
04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Could it be because there might have been similiar "attempted" abduction/s in the area in the same timeframe?
Just pure conjecture and only my humble opinion

After watching Geraldo's show last night where his brother Craig was interviewing search volunteers, young women didn't seem to be in any fear for their own safety. I gathered from that they must believe this is an isolated incident. MOO

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 07:10 PM
I hope you're right too, and she is alive. I'd be glad to eat humble pie for a month straight.
me too Mick! And all my hats, etc etc etc!

LuLa
04-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I hate to say this but i think they are looking for a body!

I do too.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 07:13 PM
IF the thing on FB is true about the FP's, then why didn't LE address this days ago?

Emma Peel
04-17-2011, 07:14 PM

as to your 2nd question -

why do you ask?

I seem to recall Holly's profile pix has herself & BF? Am I recollecting that correctly?

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-17-2011, 07:17 PM

None of us would have to eat Humble Pie for expressing our opinions or thoughts:)
I just have lived in this area all of my life and have spent countless hours/days in the areas surrounding Holly's home and stomping grounds.
I know how determined these people are to find a LIVE Holly.
I know how determined and qualified LE and TBI are.
I don't like people who do have inside information to post it on a facebook wall.
Doesn't make sense, but I guess it happens.
JMO

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150167866431715&id=94568081714

on this page cks also said blood in house.........larger grain of salt alert

CocoChanel
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
IF the thing on FB is true about the FP's, then why didn't LE address this days ago?

That was just a comment posted on the TV station's FB page. There is no credibility in comments by annonymous or even named posters. But the news items the station itself posts would be akin to MSM right?

LuLa
04-17-2011, 07:20 PM

Thank you!

concentric
04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Remember we talked about whatever hospitals she was doing her clinicals at and about some freak having a possible nurse fetish and her being followed home?

Can you imagine all of the interviews of employees, visiters, etc. and documents of patients and all that they have to go through. Anyone she had contact with. And the survellience videos.

At her school and work.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 07:21 PM
What will be even more terrible for this town is if she is deceased and has been this whole time, since even before they knew she was missing. They've all worked so hard all weekend to find her. So often it is the case that the person was dead long before the searches even started.

I do hope they at least find her soon, even if a sad outcome.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-17-2011, 07:22 PM
But we DO know they have divers in the water close to the house. That is on the WSMV Nashville TV Facebook page....posted by the station itself.

My family get-together here in Jackson is about over and I am going to head back to Memphis in a little while.
I think they are looking for evidence any where they can look.
Perhaps it isn't Holly they are looking for in the water.
Maybe some other form of evidence?
JMO
By the way, being 35 miles away from the search area that was my area to cruise every summer growing up (mainly Beech Lake and MouseTail Landing), it is sooooo hard not to head that way!

Melanie
04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
My family get-together here in Jackson is about over and I am going to head back to Memphis in a little while.
I think they are looking for evidence any where they can look.
Perhaps it isn't Holly they are looking for in the water.
Maybe some other form of evidence?
JMO
By the way, being 35 miles away from the search area that was my area to cruise every summer growing up (mainly Beech Lake and MouseTail Landing), it is sooooo hard not to head that way!

Know Holly is on our mind here in San Diego. I am praying every moment that she is found soon and safe.

Love n' hugs,

Mel

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
After watching Geraldo's show last night where his brother Craig was interviewing search volunteers, young women didn't seem to be in any fear for their own safety. I gathered from that they must believe this is an isolated incident. MOO

True, but after the event, someone may have realized how lucky they had been.
Hindsite is 20/20.
JMO

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
He has a private FB page, that is his name.

Oh i know he has a fb page ....

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/04/country-star-whitney-duncan-pleads-safe-return-missing-cousin-holly-bobo

holly has made radaronline

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 07:31 PM
can you guys freaking believe these numbers? way to go tennessee!

2,000 people believed to be in the total search effort today

Emma Peel
04-17-2011, 07:33 PM
me too Mick! And all my hats, etc etc etc!

Hats?

I got one boiling in the spaghetti pan right now. Gonna pour some sauce and parmesan on top. I'll let ya know how it goes...

mmmm...

mysticrose
04-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Ideas on the perp.... If Holly was going to school to become a nurse, don't they have to have hands on training during that time ? I know that we have alot of CNA's that come in to the nursing home to train hands on it is part of their learning. Does anybody know ? And would she do it at the hospital ? or perhaps a doctors office. I have been seen by trainee nurses at my DO's before.....

ETA: perhaps I just answered my own question :crazy: Dont mind me I like to talk to myself......

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Hats?

I got one boiling in the spaghetti pan right now. Gonna pour some sauce and parmesan on top. I'll let ya know how it goes...

mmmm...
you know emma.. the eat my hat saying....

got any parma ham?

Carla Lashelle
04-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Like I said earlier, I would be checking out her church too. If she went there regularly, sang there, etc. Someone with any interest in Holly probably went there too. Did anyone join recently? Or stop coming recently?

Emma Peel
04-17-2011, 07:38 PM
you know emma.. the eat my hat saying....

got any parma ham?

oh yes, that's why I'm boilin' the hat. LOL!

(It's a straw hat. I went for the low-cal hi-fiber choice. Only because I can't find my chocolate hat. Yet.)

concentric
04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Ideas on the perp.... If Holly was going to school to become a nurse, don't they have to have hands on training during that time ? I know that we have alot of CNA's that come in to the nursing home to train hands on it is part of their learning. Does anybody know ? And would she do it at the hospital ? or perhaps a doctors office. I have been seen by trainee nurses at my DO's before.....

ETA: perhaps I just answered my own question :crazy: Dont mind me I like to talk to myself......

We were talking about it several threads back and I just posted about it again. We did find info. about it. It's in the threads.

mysticrose
04-17-2011, 07:42 PM
So the population was 2,452 at the 2000 census for Parson's, thats about the size of the town I live in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsons,_Tennessee

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 07:45 PM
This is why I believe Facebook comments about rumors about any missing person should be BANNED from Facebook.

If a person can't verify something is true then they should not be allowed to post it period.

scorekeeper
04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
So the population was 2,452 at the 2000 census for Parson's, thats about the size of the town I live in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsons,_Tennessee

and 1500+ showed up to seach today........i'm sure a lot from other towns too; but the total number is great......http://twitter.com/willnunley

Praying Holly come home

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 07:48 PM
This is why I believe Facebook comments about rumors about any missing person should be BANNED from Facebook.

If a person can't verify something is true then they should not be allowed to post it period.
I kinda disagree.. we are not in a country that bans public expression ((thank God! without freedom of speech this place would not exist! imhoo)...

just post any suspicious utterances with a grain of salt alert.

moo

Carla Lashelle
04-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Man Facebook and Youtube are the best places to go for true stuff like bigfoot, etc. If you banned all the crap it would be useless.

For The Kids
04-17-2011, 07:50 PM

In so me cases though ie The Hailey Dunn case we got more news from there the night Billie was arrested than we did from media.

Incidentally i wish she could get even a 1/4 of the volunteers searching for her that has been looking for Holly.

Mick
04-17-2011, 07:51 PM
None of us would have to eat Humble Pie for expressing our opinions or thoughts:)
I just have lived in this area all of my life and have spent countless hours/days in the areas surrounding Holly's home and stomping grounds.
I know how determined these people are to find a LIVE Holly.
I know how determined and qualified LE and TBI are.
I don't like people who do have inside information to post it on a facebook wall.
Doesn't make sense, but I guess it happens.
JMO

Whew!! That's a relief!! I was going to help NurseBeeMe eat her hats too.

I agree about giving out info ahead of LEO, but loose lips have sunk ships.

So hope you're right and they find her!!!

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Not to take away from this community, which has been remarkable in their response, but we have not seen that many searches where LE not only allowed but asked for help in large numbers. Most LE want to do it alone or cannot handle the management of hundreds of people they way they have done here. I'd like to think that most towns would react in a simliar manner if given the chance by LE.

Emma Peel
04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I had no idea that Bigfoot had FB page.
I'm gonna friend him.

concentric
04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Didn't I read that initially they had turned away searchers because they had too many?

Never mind, I guess they needed more for the expanded area.

peeples
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Search total includes 1,535 registered at the Fairgrounds, 100 signed at secondary post, support staff, and others that did not register.

Soo apparently not everyone is registered, with it the LEO thinking it's someone local i figured they'd make everyone register..

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 08:01 PM
How do I mention a comment posted on Topix? It mentions something I've been wanting to know.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 08:03 PM
How do I mention a comment posted on Topix? It mentions something I've been wanting to know.

You can either Link the Topix website or you can use the initials of the poster who made a comment that you want to share and tell us where to look for it.

concentric
04-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm still wondering if the duct tape was indeed found where it was filmed on the video, by the side of that road.

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 08:06 PM
You can either Link the Topix website or you can use the initials of the poster who made a comment that you want to share and tell us where to look for it.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT4DGDTQ5K4I76JRM/p12

It is post #229. Mentions that a friend spoke with Holly on her cell the morning of the abduction.

concentric
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Because the location of the duct tape lead us to all kinds of conjecture. Maybe LE as well.

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/17/tennessee.missing.woman/

revampz
04-17-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/17/law-enforcement-continue-search-tenn-woman-250-leads/

Hi.....this is all over facebook as well and I dont know if you have all seen this already but note the bottom line about the brother and boyfriend.

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/17/tennessee.missing.woman/

From the above link:

"It's possible the suspect missed work or appointments last Wednesday, Thursday or Friday unexpectedly," the bureau of investigation said in a statement. "He may also have excessively cleaned a car or ATV, suddenly sold a vehicle, or reported it stolen. The suspect may be showing signs of anxiety or stress."

I'm pretty sure to report something stolen you have to notify police, right?

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/17/law-enforcement-continue-search-tenn-woman-250-leads/

Hi.....this is all over facebook as well and I dont know if you have all seen this already but note the bottom line about the brother and boyfriend.

Interesting

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
I seriously was going to link the faux news report but after seeing the actual presser I noticed the play on words that they used... they flipped the actual quote from le all upside down to sunday!

moo

eta: I also WATCHED the presser... so I also heard it fwiw and I do not agree on fox news' take whatsoever! were they even there??? I have to wonder!

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
here is a source actually quoting LE about inclusion now of bf and brother:

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
From the above link:

"It's possible the suspect missed work or appointments last Wednesday, Thursday or Friday unexpectedly," the bureau of investigation said in a statement. "He may also have excessively cleaned a car or ATV, suddenly sold a vehicle, or reported it stolen. The suspect may be showing signs of anxiety or stress."

I'm pretty sure to report something stolen you have to notify police, right?

I'm thinking yes

Eileen730
04-17-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT4DGDTQ5K4I76JRM/p12

It is post #229. Mentions that a friend spoke with Holly on her cell the morning of the abduction.

I think thats natural my kids are on their phones texting as soon as they open their eyes....

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
A community-wide prayer service will be held at 8:30pm at the Decatur County Fairgrounds

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
The person said that the friend was talking to H for 10 minutes, did not mention texting. If true, it must have been her and no one could have seen what was said.

katydid23
04-17-2011, 08:25 PM

Aren't both the brother and the bf accounted for at every moment since the abduction? How would her lunchbox be where it was? Somebody has to be running with her and it cannot be either one of them, can it?

LuLa
04-17-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm still wondering if the duct tape was indeed found where it was filmed on the video, by the side of that road.

I would think it was.

LuLa
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
From the above link:

I'm pretty sure to report something stolen you have to notify police, right ?

bbm

Unless the perp just told others, as a lie.

revampz
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
re fox news above......ack the media.....as someone pointed out, I really think they have reworded what Ms Helms actually said......anything to sensationalize!

CHARLISA
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking :

The perp threw it out the vehicle to put LE on the wrong track, so they would look elsewhere.

And I think it worked...

LuLa
04-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I seriously was going to link the faux news report but after seeing the actual presser I noticed the play on words that they used... they flipped the actual quote from le all upside down to sunday!

moo

eta: I also WATCHED the presser... so I also heard it fwiw and I do not agree on fox news' take whatsoever! were they even there??? I have to wonder!

I don't understand what's wrong with the above "faux" link? It's on the same line as all of the other news outlets. What am I missing?

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM
While the TBI is grateful for the tremendous turn-out of volunteers, the agency is asking people to shift their focus and try to think of anyone who may have exhibited strange or erratic behavior.

"If somebody suddenly called in sick to work or missed an appointment Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, that's important information we would want to know. If someone has suddenly begun cleaning up an ATV or a car, or reported a car stolen, or turned around a sold a vehicle, that's information we would want to know," Kristen Helms with the TBI explained. "If somebody is feeling very anxious, or acting suspicious, behaving abnormally, feeling a lot of anxiety. These are all things that would lead us to believe this person could be a suspect, maybe, maybe not."
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14463087/volunteers-gather-for-missing-woman-search

concentric
04-17-2011, 08:39 PM
In another case, when Dru Sjodin was abducted, somehow one of her shoes ended up near a creek by a bridge next to a road. Lots of people thought the perp. threw it out of the window of the car to scatter evidence. So could be the same with the lunch holder.

Mick
New Evidence Redirects Search for Holly Bobo (http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TK55ARE5SO6IVJ2JE)

Don't jump when the hockey game kicks in....

iluvmua
I don't understand what's wrong with the above "faux" link? It's on the same line as all of the other news outlets. What am I missing?

She's talking about Fox News

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
to me it was the wording.. it left off the being cooperative.. and the le discussion about keeping all options open... instead fox just said this:

Bobo's brother and boyfriend were previously reported as not being suspects, but according to Helm, this has changed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/17/law-enforcement-continue-search-tenn-woman-250-leads/#ixzz1JpbEJM9o

eta: they minced and crunched words

wfgodot
04-17-2011, 08:40 PM

"Faux" = not the genuine article, and thus is suitable as a reference to "Fox News" (which itself is an oxymoron).

Coldpizza
04-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking :

The perp threw it out the vehicle to put LE on the wrong track, so they would look elsewhere.

That may turn out to be a pretty good thought

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I also wonder if she could have dropped it or sat it down at her home and an dog drug it off. My lab won't get into anything she's not supposed to when I'm around, but she will drag it off to mess with it. The lunch box, that is.

Burnin Daylight
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Also interesting information..that the vehicle tires may have been changed. Ok...this is definitely someone who took her from the property. LE has a hot trail..they know the POI is nervous. He could have taken her home...locked her up...then drove around and planted evidence leading away from his home. Maybe LE found tire impressions near the home..with her shoe prints as well....now LE may have new tire impressions where "rumored"...pieces of evidence were located....interesting!

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
I also wonder if she could have dropped it or sat it down at her home and an dog drug it off. My lab won't get into anything she's not supposed to when I'm around, but she will drag it off to mess with it. The lunch box, that is.

I don't think a dog would drag a Lunch Purse eight miles away.

I don't think she dropped it, I think the perp threw it out on purpose to either get rid of evidence that Holly was in his vehicle or he threw it out to throw off LE.

LuLa
04-17-2011, 08:48 PM
She's talking about Fox News

Yes I know. I read the foxnews link, & saw nothing wrong with it.

LuLa
04-17-2011, 08:49 PM
"Faux" = not the genuine article, and thus is suitable as a reference to "Fox News" (which itself is an oxymoron).

Thanks. I rely on several news sites, & Fox is one of them.

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't think a dog would drag a Lunch Purse eight miles away.

I don't think she dropped it, I think the perp threw it out on purpose to either get rid of evidence that Holly was in his vehicle or he threw it out to throw off LE.

I didn't know if it was 8 miles on the road way and shorter the way a crow flies. Dogs know short cuts.

LuLa
04-17-2011, 08:51 PM
This is exactly what was mentioned several times in past threads. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to blame the brother...to me it doesn't anyway.

It wouldn't make sense to me either, but it's being reported the brother & the boyfriend have not been ruled out, as first stated. Something made LE change their mind, or decide to word it different?

iluvmua
04-17-2011, 08:52 PM
It was found eight miles from her house

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I am seriously waiting on a newsite to post the full presser recap...I know it may be a while

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 08:58 PM
The Bobo's own an ATV?

He's on one in his fb profile pic, but that's not proof that it is his.

However, I'd be willing to bet that 80% or better of this community's population owns a 4 wheeler. Usually several.

Carla Lashelle
04-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks. I rely on several news sites, & Fox is one of them.

They are the only news site I check out regularly.

katydid23

Yeah, but it was found 6 miles away.

shefner
I am not attacking or pointing fingers at anyone carelessly.....but I would like to make an observation, from my point of view. I do this as a mom to 4 young adult kids, 2 sons and 2 daughters. One of my daughters has had a restraining order taken out against a hot-headed ex beau and it wasn't lovely. It was a last resort and downright scary as heck.

Knowing that my relative has had an bad experience with an old boyfriend and had to take out a RO against him, I would be very suspicious about any guy coming around the house. Holly's current boyfriend does not appear to be a big 6 footer weighing 200 pounds or more. He's not that much bigger than Holly in the photos we have seen.
So I am up at 7:30 and see my relative, who is supposed to be on her way to school as always, walking into the woods with a big guy and I don't think this is strange? I don't take a second look...or glance into the garage? Even after this relative has had aggressive fellas in her life before?
I do not buy that.

Not trying to say anyone is guilty or anything because I know the family is hurting. But as a grown up who knows the score, I would think that was waaaaaaaayyyy unusual.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Also interesting information..that the vehicle tires may have been changed. Ok...this is definitely someone who took her from the property. LE has a hot trail..they know the POI is nervous. He could have taken her home...locked her up...then drove around and planted evidence leading away from his home. Maybe LE found tire impressions near the home..with her shoe prints as well....now LE may have new tire impressions where "rumored"...pieces of evidence were located....interesting!

I think LE is just putting all possibilities of various behaviors out there...maybe taking the part about tire changes, if they said that, from the recent Ohio case where the family killed the young mother. I honestly don't think they have one clear suspect, or if they do, they have no idea what he may have done with her. They would not have 1100+ people scouring the woods if they think she was taken away in a car. I think they are searching in the only places they have found any clues and hoping for the best.

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
presser from yesterday.. working on video from today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6l2wUcLV7Q

Coldpizza
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
I am seriously waiting on a newsite to post the full presser recap...I know it may be a while You me and your busy bee have a tendency to bee very impatient. I say that fondly. I just wish they would find her already. I was going to post how much we empathize with the missing and their families and what brings us all together, but I shortened it. Just praying that Holly makes it home safely.

Carla Lashelle
04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
I still want someone to actually clarify did the brother say he saw holly being dragged off and then change his story once or twice more... or did it get twisted in reporting and then "corrected" I know the story changed but no one that I have seen has actually come out and said OK the brother said XYZ and while the news reported it wrong, he actually said/saw XYZ.

I have had an injunction on someone and an important part of having that is 1) carrying it with you and 2) letting everyone around you know that you have it. I would think if Holly had an injunction and it was a big issue, her family would be more suspicious of seeing her unexpectedly being dragged/walked/led into the wood by a stranger.

I am not really implying guilt or complicity, but just trying to get to the bottom of things since his statements form the basis of the public knowledge of what happened.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Searching at Natchez Trace Park again tomorrow, no buses, according to WN on twitter.

shefner
04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
But then what about the scream that the neighbor heard?

I think, if we go by stats, that it would be a love interest. Didn't she break up with her bf a couple days before she went missing? I agree with the story on some site that would make the most sense. Ex bf tried to get into the house,( that was why it was initially a home invasion) Holly called 911, then she probably went out to talk to him and he took her away.

But we cannot dismiss that there was a 25 year old brother in the home. It is likely this brother knew about the current breakup.....and knew about previous breakups....and knew about the RO and the issues they had in the past with the ex harassing or threatening Holly (which are reasons why RO's are given...and these things must be proven in court). Knowing all of this, he did not think it strange that his sister was off to school at 7:30 am....and then didn't leave for school but started walking into the woods with a guy in camo? And this is a couple days AFTER the alleged breakup?

No....I would be opening the back door and saying, "Holly, what the heck are ya doing out there in the woods? Where are ya going sis?"

But I know people react differently to stressful situations....so I am trying not to be too hard. But its suspicious as all get out to me.

T4Tide
04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
That has not been clarified. Here's what I don't understand. They do keep repeating that she "feared for her life" and appeared to be forcibly lead into the woods by her arm. However, it was noted that she was seen with a man that was assumed her boyfriend, and nothing was suspicious about it to notify authorities until blood was later found.

I simply don't see how it could be both. Either the scene through the window was suspicious and she looked in danger, or it was not. I wish I knew exactly.

cluciano63
04-17-2011, 09:10 PM
This case seems to me like Jenni Lynn Watson, from Syracuse, last year; she was killed by an ex at her home and then her body was hidden about 2 miles away, she was about the same age as Holly. He went to her house to talk to her, he said, and things got out of control.

nursebeeme
04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
EMA: anyone who can, we will resume our search tomorrow. 7AM at the fairgrounds.

most likely no buses because of a school day????

Carla Lashelle
04-17-2011, 09:16 PM
The whole case just does not make any sense as it has been put forth. In four days things have become murkier and more convoluted. Everyone is a suspect... no one is a suspect. She was dragged or walked away by a stranger her brother thought was her boyfriend. Sheesh. Aside from holly being missing and the aparent find of her lunch purse/bag some 8 miles away we know NOTHING concrete at all. I can not believe in this small town either the citizens dont have some ideas about who could have done it. In many of the prior cases like this, people say after its over, "yeah that guy was weird I wouldnt let my kids go on that street etc."