PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #8

Pages : [1] 2 3

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Please continue here!

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Case Map (done by hollye! thanks!) - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such. DO NOT START SLEUTHING THEM!

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter): Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

cocomod
04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I am very curious. I have read in several places about the "ex" boyfriend. I read the comments below the ABC article from locals who claim that many "know" who it is. Why hasn't this name leaked out yet? They claim that the FB page is disturbing. I am having a hard time understanding why noone outside of this community has been given a "glimpse" of this "ex"??

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
alternate timeline:

Perhaps the scream came "first" rather than "later".

Neighbor leaving work was going to her car in her driveway in quiet rural neighborhood and heard the sound of a woman scream... (not sure if she called 911 or reported it later)

Holly had left house at same time as neighbor. Holly was confronted by abductor and she immediately screams - hoping her brother hears her perhaps - then Holly is assaulted @ carport and further threatened if she screams again. Weapon shown, captor walks her to woods, Holly - in shock - cooperates.

Brother doesn't hear scream for whatever reason (shower?). But catches glimpse of them walking (from far vantage point). Recognizes sister & the man he thinks at the moment is her BF.

Brother goes outside to begin his day, sees Holly's car and sees the blood and the first thing he does is check in with his mom (who is not home - but off to her day too).

Brother calls 911. Mom returns home.

Digression: How much stuff was she carrying all the way to the woods under duress? While possible injured? Enough so that they keep finding things - lunch, purse, books? Good gracious. One would think she'd have dropped something along the way... And if she did not, perhaps this is the wrong scenario and the other - where she screams later - would explain why she had all her stuff still. Maybe "he" demanded to drive her to school...Maybe she knew him and didn't want him to drive her but went towards the woods (and his vehicle) as a way to keep the peace...

Just noodling it through in another order...while we're brainstorming.

The scream - in my mind - is becoming pretty critical in the timeline and the story...
If her scream was immediate, rather than later in the woods...she may NOT have really known the abductor... :cow:

Ok this is the thing neighbor calls 911 at 7:30 that HAs to be after the scream
lol lol

Clint says around 7 30 he saw the guy lead Holly into the woods.

I think we have to wait to see what it says when the 911 calls are released.

Paulette
04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Authorities say Holly was outside her house on Swan Johnson Road April 13, between 7:40 – 8 a.m. when an unknown man approached her.

http://www.michellesigona.com/

The 911 call was made at 7:28 am. I have to assume that the time between Clint seeing her with a man walking into the woods and his discovery of blood in the driveway were not the same time as the call was made. A neighbor made a 911 call too.

The screaming may have occurred when she was being assaulted in the woods. The entire assault could have been over before the police even responded to the house - which I think was 7:57 am.

I'd like to know what time she had to be at school - that would pinpoint when she was actually in the driveway. She probably left at the same time everyday. Does anyone know the date school started in August of 2010?

This quote is from the last thread.

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
I am very curious. I have read in several places about the "ex" boyfriend. I read the comments below the ABC article from locals who claim that many "know" who it is. Why hasn't this name leaked out yet? They claim that the FB page is disturbing. I am having a hard time understanding why noone outside of this community has been given a "glimpse" of this "ex"??

You know, the "ex with the bad history" rumor is in just about every missing woman case. Even some where the woman had no ex... So, I don't know. Im thinking its a rumor or something blown out of proportion. LE has not mentioned such a person and you would think if they existed LE would have investigated them.

And just because someone is an ex doesnt mean there is bad blood. I am playing tennis with my ex tonight.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
The 911 call was made at 7:28 am. I have to assume that the time between Clint seeing her with a man walking into the woods and his discovery of blood in the driveway were not the same time as the call was made. A neighbor made a 911 call too.

The screaming may have occurred when she was being assaulted in the woods. The entire assault could have been over before the police even responded to the house - which I think was 7:57 am.

I'd like to know what time she had to be at school - that would pinpoint when she was actually in the driveway. She probably left at the same time everyday. Does anyone know the date school started in August of 2010?

This quote is from the last thread.

Im not sure but maybe her schedule was diff that day because it was a testing day...

Emma Peel
04-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Ok this is the thing neighbor calls 911 at 7:30 that HAs to be after the scream
lol lol

Clint says around 7 30 he saw the guy lead Holly into the woods.

I think we have to wait to see what it says when the 911 calls are released.

I know I'm confused about scream-timing and two 911 calls timing... :doh:

Yet, if we knew the exact timing of these two things ... would we be any smarter? :waitasec:

lishac23
04-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?

ensht
04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Please keep in mind the brother is guessing on the time. Not his fault nobody wears a watch. The 911 call was recorded and is probably the more accurate time. We're talking 200-300 feet to get near a neighbors house. 2mph is 176 feet per minute. So someone walking could have moved her from the area near the house at 725 to out back behind a neighbors within 3-4 minutes.

Two things that stick out:

Only about 6% of adult abductions happen during the day
Statistics show the attacker either does, or believes he "knows" the person.

Both of these things point to someone she knew IMO. I'll be shocked if this was random.

vjlaw
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
The only thing with her being hit in the carport or near the garage is she would have yelled right then. The culture here in the woods is "My big brother/daddy will whoop your a** if you even look at me wrong"...with her knowing her brother was inside she would have drawn as much attention to herself as possible thinking he would come out and take care of it.

The only thing I can see that would change this is if he had a gun to her but I cant think of one single young woman I know (in these parts) that wouldnt take pride in proving she could knock his lights out.

For some reason, I just dont think she was very scared of the guy until they got out to wherever it was she started yelling.. :shrugs: Who knows though?!...

wishing4good
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.

It said the bf hunted the Bobo land so maybe to show her something he found while hunting? And the brother may have been half asleep and not thinking clearly

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?

If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Will Nunley says they are scaling back volunteers due to threat of severe weather but the bad news is it is just windy right now and the severe weather is not supposed to get here until midnight at a 30% chance was the last I heard...(My words-not his)

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I know I'm confused about scream-timing and two 911 calls timing... :doh:

Yet, if we knew the exact timing of these two things ... would we be any smarter? :waitasec:

Im confused also lol.

I think if we knew the exact timing we migh be a tad smarter then we are now lol

Emma Peel
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I have forgotten why we think we know the time of the reported scream 911 call.

Was that a presser or an article?

Thanks for any help if you happen to remember the source.

texasgirl2
04-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I just wanted to point out something regarding the boyfriend's FB. Not only has noone posted on his wall since Holly has been missing...but noone has EVER posted on his wall. Most likely, his settings keep all of the wall posts hidden and he is the only one who can see them. He may have done this because his grandmother (I think that's who she is) is on his FB.

MOO

T4Tide
04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
There's also a possiblity (which I believe I read somewhere but cannot recall where so it is simply rumor/hearsay) that CB wears contacts, and did not have them in when he looked out the window, since it was early morning and a lot of people don't sleep in them. I know that my eyesight is good enough to make it around my home and I could definitely see figures outside. If I looked outside without my contacts or glasses, and saw two boys, I would assume both of them were my sons, because that is who I am expecting to see. However, it could be that neither, one, or both are my sons. This would make very good sense as so why when he saw Holly out the window, he just assumed it was her BF and left it at that.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 04:47 PM
If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.

Here is a map A is their home!

there are 3 neighbors to the south!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.676124,-88.170691&spn=0.013247,0.032787&z=16&iwloc=0004a0e4116221f893719

cluciano63
I wonder if LE think this guy has a weapon; they've never said anything about "armed and dangerous" on the loose, kind of thing...

SweetSkit

I think it was the sheriff saying that in the presser erm....2 days ago maybe?!..

wishing4good
04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Im confused also lol.

I think if we knew the exact timing we migh be a tad smarter then we are now lol

7:30 Neighbor calls 911

7:43 Clint Bobo calls

What could you gain from the times?

T4Tide
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM

I do not know the BF's schedule, but it is very common to hunt here. Maybe the BF isn't in school, or didn't have class that day. I could totally see Holly and her BF chatting while walking towards the woods and then departing each other there. He could have been heading into the woods to hunt, and they choose the tree line to say their goodbyes. While I am skeptical about a lot of things, that really isn't uncommon in the south.

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
The only thing with her being hit in the carport or near the garage is she would have yelled right then.

Thats why you pop them BEFORE they can scream. Possibly too if it was someone she knew she woudlnt just scream, and then he popped her.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM

I dont know it was posted on here not to long ago maybe its in thread 7 towards the end...

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Ok outta here for a bit. take care y'all

nosylla
04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Scaling back ...reported threat of severe weather... by http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley (http://twitter.com/#%21/willnunley)

peeples
04-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Will Nunley says they are scaling back volunteers due to threat of severe weather but the bad news is it is just windy right now and the severe weather is not supposed to get here until midnight at a 30% chance was the last I heard...(My words-not his)

Been reading other tweets, people driving 100 miles, 70 miles etc just to be turned away... I feel waaay bad for them :(

jadejazzkayla
04-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I just wanted to point out something regarding the boyfriend's FB. Not only has noone posted on his wall since Holly has been missing...but noone has EVER posted on his wall. Most likely, his settings keep all of the wall posts hidden and he is the only one who can see them. He may have done this because his grandmother (I think that's who she is) is on his FB.

MOO

with all the discussion of facebook...does anyone have a link to it? i guess I mean a link to the facebook page being discussed in the quoted post. tia.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
If she was injured, you would think she would be kind of staggering, not walking calmly into the woods...not to mentioned loaded down with books, bags, etc...

I guess she had not even had a chance to open her car, as first thing you do is throw your stuff inside.

Conquer1
I've seen several people theorize that maybe she was hit with something before being led into the woods.

The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is that she took the lunch box into the woods with her. It would seem strange that she would get hit/stabbed, and still hold on to the lunch box and take it with her into the woods. That's in addition to whatever else she may have been carrying (books, purse, etc.)

Thoughts?

P.S.
This seems like a nice place...glad I found it!:woohoo:

maskedwoman

Well, it's turkey season. Maybe he assumed the bf had gotten a turkey and wanted to shot it to her. Some things I suspect we may never know.

JustMe42
04-19-2011, 04:54 PM

If you look at the map someone provided,it would be very easy to walk from the pond to the house. there would also be a small entry road, probably dirt, to the pond and itwould have been hard to spot a vehicle, or he woulda thought it was kinda hidden, there.Also, as much rain as that area had in those days she was abducted, it would have been easy to see the vehicle tracks, and her tracks there.

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Thats why you pop them BEFORE they can scream. Possibly too if it was someone she knew she would not just scream, and then he popped her.

This is really the ONLY part that makes me think it was a stranger. I just cant see her going without a fight unless it was someone she was already VERY afraid of or someone she would not hit out of some type of respect...

Everything else screams someone close to her but if it was it seems if they made her bleed she would have reciprocated...even if she had to pick up something and knock him out.

I'm seriously trying to go over it in my head and I just cant see why she wouldnt fight unless EXTREME fear was involved.

maskedwoman
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Been reading other tweets, people driving 100 miles, 70 miles etc just to be turned away... I feel waaay bad for them :(

I wonder how long it takes them to get teams deployed and then get them rounded back up and bussed out of there.

MsBrisbee
04-19-2011, 04:59 PM

If nothing else, it totally exonerates the brother.

wishing4good
04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
To bad they cant screen internet usage for 50 miles on the Bobo home. Whoever did this could possibly feed his fetish with online rape/bondage type searches and websites. Then they could get search warrants for each home viewing those type websites.

10EC_Dad
Here is a map A is their home!

there are 3 neighbors to the south!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.676124,-88.170691&spn=0.013247,0.032787&z=16&iwloc=0004a0e4116221f893719

Eileen, I don't understand your point. I think I stated that there are neighbors to the south.

cluciano63
I've seen several people theorize that maybe she was hit with something before being led into the woods.

The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is that she took the lunch box into the woods with her. It would seem strange that she would get hit/stabbed, and still hold on to the lunch box and take it with her into the woods. That's in addition to whatever else she may have been carrying (books, purse, etc.)

Thoughts?

P.S.

Welcome...we don't do "mean" or accusing here...
You just posted basically what I just did...carrying all of that stuff? Maybe blood will turn out to be his. If he knew she was a nursing student...I said yesterday maybe he claimed someone in woods was injured, or even an animal...but then why would she let him touch her, if not being threatened? So confusing.

wishing4good
04-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Thats the only advantage of the times. To incriminate or exonerate.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 05:01 PM

I don't think I could ever find it, but one article, or more, said that mom called from work and that she was the other 911 call...? :(

ensht
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM

Because a car coming up that road would stand out and may get noticed. A car stashed away somewhere down the road a bit may not. The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

It makes me wonder if they thought at one time things went on further north...IE the statements they made about cleaning car etc...but that it originated to the south and they're now trying to find someone who saw something.

BTW, a car coming up that road especially if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be around her, or someone she knew...would be the #1 reason in my mind a perp would go through the trouble of going in through the woods.

scorekeeper
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM

If we knew what time Clint looked out the window, we could piece together how much of a head start the abductor had with Holly. If he looked out window at 7:15 - neighbor call at 7:30 - 7:43 clint calls.......gives a 1/2 hour..

JMO

Emma Peel

Thoughts?

P.S.

WELCOME to our nice place!

and...
yup.

when you walk through the "gets hit first" scenario, you have the pesky fact that all her stuff was with her or at least with the perp for at least 8 miles...

so she and her stuff must have walked - albeit under duress - towards the woods?

then again... she could have just had a big book bag with lunch and purse and books in that one big bag ... and the abductor could have carried the bag off with her...

I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any smarter here, however I look at it. It's not from lack of trying... :banghead:

anyoldtime48

Thoughts?

P.S.

Excellent point and :Welcome1: to Websleuths!

vjlaw
I do not know the BF's schedule, but it is very common to hunt here. Maybe the BF isn't in school, or didn't have class that day. I could totally see Holly and her BF chatting while walking towards the woods and then departing each other there. He could have been heading into the woods to hunt, and they choose the tree line to say their goodbyes. While I am skeptical about a lot of things, that really isn't uncommon in the south.

I am in the midwest, hunting is common here too, but if she was suppose to be going to class going to the woods would be unusual. jmo

CHARLISA
04-19-2011, 05:06 PM

HI everyone :seeya:
If the neighbor called @ 7:30AM after I'm assuming hearing her scream & then brother called @ 7:43AM after finding blood, that is definately NOT an hour later as earlier reported. If suspect went into woods, he only had about a 15 min. head start. I wonder what time the cops got there?

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Eileen, I don't understand your point. I think I stated that there are neighbors to the south.

LOL Dad i was sending you the map so ppl can see what your talking about lol

I was giving you the visuals lol

cluciano63
So if fifteen minutes passed before 911 call and another 10-15 before response, that is half an hour head start already, then time for LE to actually get into the woods...he could have been a long ways away, with Holly in a car, tossing out the lunch box, long before that...

peeples
I saw 7:58 somewhere for the time the cops responded

iluvmua
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
This is really the ONLY part that makes me think it was a stranger. I just cant see her going without a fight unless it was someone she was already VERY afraid of or someone she would not hit out of some type of respect...

Everything else screams someone close to her but if it was it seems if they made her bleed she would have reciprocated...even if she had to pick up something and knock him out.

I'm seriously trying to go over it in my head and I just cant see why she wouldnt fight unless EXTREME fear was involved.

I agree.

Tonia
04-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Well if nothing else Nancy Grace will be good tonight..maybe we can find out a little more info.

Eileen730
If the neighbor called @ 7:30AM after I'm assuming hearing her scream & then brother called @ 7:43AM after finding blood, that is definately NOT an hour later as earlier reported. If suspect went into woods, he only had about a 15 min. head start. I wonder what time the cops got there?

well didnt LE get there at 7:57

iluvmua

I believe they got there within ten minutes

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Well if nothing else Nancy Grace will be good tonight..maybe we can find out a little more info.

"BOMBSHELL TONIGHT"

She has been getting on my nerves lately LOL

but she sure has done her part for the missing i have to give that to her!

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Because a car coming up that road would stand out and may get noticed. A car stashed away somewhere down the road a bit may not. The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

It makes me wonder if they thought at one time things went on further north...IE the statements they made about cleaning car etc...but that it originated to the south and they're now trying to find someone who saw something.

BTW, a car coming up that road especially if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be around her, or someone she knew...would be the #1 reason in my mind a perp would go through the trouble of going in through the woods.
Remember this in the country, where I grew up, and not in a neighborhood watch area. A car, or truck, coming down the road is not a reason to call the cops. Especially, if you are a local, which is the theory.

If you want to escape, time is the key factor. You don't go wandering through the woods just to drive down some other road. Drive the car to the house, put her in the trunk, drive away like normal. Remember, you don't think anyone else is home.

iluvmua
04-19-2011, 05:12 PM
"BOMBSHELL TONIGHT"

She has been getting on my nerves lately LOL

She says that a lot

T4Tide
04-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Thoughts?

P.S.

Seems funny that I haven't thought of this before... but maybe she knew the guy and he offered to carry her to school? That's why she took all her stuff with her? The last time she was seen is described in two ways: She was "forcibly led by the arm" into the woods in "fear of her life," but at the same time nothing was suspicious enough to notify authorities until her car was found still in it's place and a small amount of blood? I feel like one of these reports is inaccurate, and it would help to know which one was. If they were merely talking by the woods, she might have taken a ride with him. He could have said, "My 4wheeler is right here. I'll take us back to my truck/car and I'll take you to school."

While I know that it is not a probabilty, we have to understand that no one knows everything about their loved one/friend/relative. When I was that age, I had a boyfriend (or 2 :blush:) that no one knew about but me. (and they still don't. :shush:)

Emma Peel
04-19-2011, 05:13 PM

(from peeples): I saw 7:58 somewhere for the time the cops responded

thanks for these.

Do you recall if these times are from news articles or pressers?

I don't know if I'm smarter yet, (LOL - probably not), but I'm still thinking about the timeline.

Verifying these times with the source we found them from might be helpful for the thread in general.

lishac23
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks to everyone for the time frames and Eileen730 for the map. I noticed that most of the searches appeared to be North and East of her home, is that because of where the lunch box was found? Sorry for all the questions today, but I can't figure out why LE has picked those search areas? If the suspect "had to have known the area" he could be anywhere, anywhich way.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM
How long did it take to get searchers into the woods? I bet that was at least an hour after she disappeared...they had to take brother's story again, etc..the lapse of however many minutes until calls came in, and the time to drive out there by LE...it could all add up to 45 minutes to an hour...or longer.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Seems funny that I haven't thought of this before... but maybe she knew the guy and he offered to carry her to school? That's why she took all her stuff with her? The last time she was seen is described in two ways: She was "forcibly led by the arm" into the woods in "fear of her life," but at the same time nothing was suspicious enough to notify authorities until her car was found still in it's place and a small amount of blood? I feel like one of these reports is inaccurate, and it would help to know which one was. If they were merely talking by the woods, she might have taken a ride with him. He could have said, "My 4wheeler is right here. I'll take us back to my truck/car and I'll take you to school."

While I know that it is not a probabilty, we have to understand that no one knows everything about their loved one/friend/relative. When I was that age, I had a boyfriend (or 2 :blush:) that no one knew about but me. (and they still don't. :shush:)

Personally i think he had a Knife or a gun. JMO

she has to get to school she has test she is not going to wander off into the woods unless someone MADE her!

lishac23
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
If you look at the map someone provided,it would be very easy to walk from the pond to the house. there would also be a small entry road, probably dirt, to the pond and itwould have been hard to spot a vehicle, or he woulda thought it was kinda hidden, there.Also, as much rain as that area had in those days she was abducted, it would have been easy to see the vehicle tracks, and her tracks there.

Hi JustMe42,

Are you close to the area?

scorekeeper
04-19-2011, 05:17 PM

CHARLISA, Hi.

Not necessarily; we don't know what time Clint looked out the window and saw Holly and her abductor....it could have been 7:00 or 7:15 am..so it could be a lot longer than 1/2...i believe, please don't hold my feet the fire...LE arrived around 7:58 a.m. It would also help if we knew what time Mom went to work and if she saw anything/anyone unusual.....and what time Holly normally leaves for class......

JMO

MsBrisbee
04-19-2011, 05:19 PM

Thoughts?

P.S.

I agree, you'd think anything she was carrying would be dropped if she was under duress, also, if she was led to believe there was an accident in the woods, one would normally put everything down before heading out to help. I'm a nurse, if there is an emergency I don't carry unnecessary things with me. Also, when someone is very scared they may clutch on to what they are carrying because it is familiar? comforting? or they just do. So there we have it, there is no reason she hung onto her things, she just did. But, I do think it rules out an emergency she thought may have been going on. In that case you you drop your lunchbag etc.

imamaze
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Just wanted to Welcome all of our new members. Glad to have ya with us!!!

:welcome4:

T4Tide
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Personally i think he had a Knife or a gun. JMO

she has to get to school she has test she is not going to wander off into the woods unless someone MADE her!

but at the same time, we don't know (we meaning us at WS) what time she had the test, or whether her school hours were normal for that day.

I would sometimes have a test scheduled for 10am, when my regular class started at 8. (I am also a nurse, albeit an RN and not an LPN.)

peeples
04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks for these.

I don't know if I'm smarter yet, (LOL - probably not), but I'm still thinking about the timeline.

Verifying these times with the source we found them from might be helpful for the thread in general.

My info came from facebook.. so????????
It was the good FB page though.. not the icky one

jadejazzkayla
04-19-2011, 05:23 PM

MOO

Do we need to post a link to the facebook page if a post is paraphrasing information from it? I thought that was the case. anyhow, could i get the link to the facebook page being discussed in the post I quoted? This same facebook page was also being discussed by a few other posters just prior to this one. thanks.

scorekeeper
04-19-2011, 05:24 PM
thanks for these.

Emma,

I listened to this this morning or yesterday...all beginning to run together..think the Sheriff has some times......

http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

mrsu
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM

MOO

If he had his FB wall set to private, you wouldn't see the Wall tab at all. I know that for a fact since I have some people set up that way. :)

lishac23
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Okay here comes another, maybe two, question :loser:

I've read in a few posts that its hunting season....which could explain why the brother wasn't surprised to see someone in camo, but isn't the Bobo property private? I know its been said the BF hunts there, but would it be normal for random people to hunt there as well.

I'm wondering if the guy approached her as a "lost hunter" and asked for directions (could explain why she was talking to him). A hunter would definitely know the area and be able to escape on foot.

T4Tide
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Interesting, too... that someone here commented a few days ago that Holly had gone from 624 friends to 621 on FB. For some reason, if you do a google image search, there's an image from further back (screen shot) and Holly has 627 friends. I hope LE is checking these friends who have dropped off.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks to everyone for the time frames and Eileen730 for the map. I noticed that most of the searches appeared to be North and East of her home, is that because of where the lunch box was found? Sorry for all the questions today, but I can't figure out why LE has picked those search areas? If the suspect "had to have known the area" he could be anywhere, anywhich way.

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyy. Its all forrest!!!! Trees TRees Trees...

Water tooo!

ensht
04-19-2011, 05:31 PM

Thoughts?

P.S.

Conrad Creek Rd is where the google map posted here has as the location where the mystery car may have been found. Bordering it is a creek that dumps into the main river.

Also depending on the time of lunch container she had it's possible it drifted in the creek. It's ending location may not have been it's dumped location and I hope police have accounted for the possibility it drifted downstream in the rains at x rate.

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 05:32 PM

I've read in a few posts that its hunting season....which could explain why the brother wasn't surprised to see someone in camo, but isn't the Bobo property private? I know its been said the BF hunts there, but would it be normal for random people to hunt there as well.

I'm wondering if the guy approached her as a "lost hunter" and asked for directions (could explain why she was talking to him). A hunter would definitely know the area and be able to escape on foot.

It is spring turkey season. Even if not, Camo is normal clothing here. I don't think the perp, assuming it is a guy, tried to trick her by some made up story. His "trick" was his familarity.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
If he was leading her, i.e. touching her, she either knew him pretty well or he had a gun or knife...

Mom_of_M&M
04-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I wonder why the brother was looking out the window? I mean, it was around 7ish in the morning. Did he just randomly look outside? It all seems so strange to me. If you saw your little sis walking into the woods with someone when you knew she was supposed to be going to school then wouldn't you kind of keep checking every few minutes to make sure she had left, etc? I guess what I'm getting at is that he happened to randomly look outside when she was being lead into the woods but didn't check again to see if her car was gone?

lishac23
Interesting, too... that someone here commented a few days ago that Holly had gone from 624 friends to 621 on FB. For some reason, if you do a google image search, there's an image from further back (screen shot) and Holly has 627 friends. I hope LE is checking these friends who have dropped off.

Okay....I know this is a small community and everyone knows everyone, but who really has over 600 "FRIENDS"? I can pretty much guarantee some of those are random people that saw a pretty face and sent a friend's request. I would def be checking her FB for someone she may have met online...

Eileen730
but at the same time, we don't know (we meaning us at WS) what time she had the test, or whether her school hours were normal for that day.

I would sometimes have a test scheduled for 10am, when my regular class started at 8. (I am also a nurse, albeit an RN and not an LPN.)

no we dont...i just remember someone saying she had exams that day i cant remember where i saw that Im probably wrong lol ill have to go look around..

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Okay....I know this is a small community and everyone knows everyone, but who really has over 600 "FRIENDS"? I can pretty much guarantee some of those are random people that saw a pretty face and sent a friend's request. I would def be checking her FB for someone she may have met online...

LOL im sure there are alot of her local friends on there but the others are ppl im sure she has met thru FB. LOL

CHARLISA
04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
If he had his FB wall set to private, you wouldn't see the Wall tab at all. I know that for a fact since I have some people set up that way. :)

OK, I don't which boyfriend they are talking about, but his wall is not set to private and there are postings on it. There are also pics and he states their relationship status too.

wishing4good
04-19-2011, 05:38 PM
If we knew what time Clint looked out the window, we could piece together how much of a head start the abductor had with Holly. If he looked out window at 7:15 - neighbor call at 7:30 - 7:43 clint calls.......gives a 1/2 hour..

JMO

Ok, but with that knowledge we can?

For The Kids
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Its not set to private though and yes we can see his wall..thats how we know theres not a single word on there about Hollie being missing.

lishac23
04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
It is spring turkey season. Even if not, Camo is normal clothing here. I don't think the perp, assuming it is a guy, tried to trick her by some made up story. His "trick" was his familarity.

Thanks 10EC_Dad (like the screen name!!)

Are you familiar with the area?

Dr. Know?
04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Reward has been upped again.

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: $80,000 reward now being offered in the Holly Bobo case.

willnunley Will Nunley
The reward got an extra boost today from the Tennessee Sheriffs Association #hollybobo

Eileen730
OK, I don't which boyfriend they are talking about, but his wall is not set to private and there are postings on it. There are also pics and he states their relationship status too.

I saw that tooo!

10EC_Dad
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I wonder why the brother was looking out the window? I mean, it was around 7ish in the morning. Did he just randomly look outside? It all seems so strange to me. If you saw your little sis walking into the woods with someone when you knew she was supposed to be going to school then wouldn't you kind of keep checking every few minutes to make sure she had left, etc? I guess what I'm getting at is that he happened to randomly look outside when she was being lead into the woods but didn't check again to see if her car was gone?

I could see where it was just part of his morning routine to look out the window. While it might seem stange to many that he was not alarmed by seeing his sister walk torwards the woods with, what he thought was her boyfriend, it might not be unusual for a spontaneous college girl growing up in the country where we just "drop in" on folks.

Lera213
04-19-2011, 05:42 PM

In in a different state but live in a country setting and hunters actually park their trucks on the side of the road, just in front of my house. They sit there all day, I have no idea what kind of birds they are hunting either. They do have dogs. When I hear the shotgun blast i get scared. When I first moved here I use to hit the floor. Even now when I hear any shots fired, I look at my clock to notate the time.

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 05:43 PM

You may be right. But her world included college with many many FB users. Again, I think he was local to be comfortable in the woods and to not just drive up to her house.

CHARLISA
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I saw that tooo!

His FB page states they are in a relationship, however, hers doesnt state that at all. Just an observation.

MsBrisbee
04-19-2011, 05:46 PM

rule out Clint, determine how much of a head start perp had. Determine if within timeframe of LE arriving if it makes more sense that she was taken to a car rather than him fleeing into deep woods with her.

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks 10EC_Dad (like the screen name!!)

Are you familiar with the area?

Not that particular area. I have been to the state park a few years ago. However, it is like much of Middle Tennessee where i grew up in a small town in the country.

Tonia
Holly Bobo Reward Trust Fund 450 Tennessee Ave. S Parsons, TN 38363

And just in case i got that addy from this link:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/search-for-holly-bobo-local-reporter-jackets-jeans-courage-and-hope-needed

Also says that is the reward fund..not sure about what fund goes to the family

scorekeeper

Possible piece together how much of a head start the abductor had with Holly...heck, might not mean anything......other than my obsession with a timeframe....and frustration:banghead::banghead:

Mom_of_M&M
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Can someone please post the boyfriend's initials? I would like to see his FB page.

Lera213
04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm no expert but something crossed my mind. I'm thinking this PERP took her into the woods because his intent was to do some in his mind was defiant. The reason for the woods was because his mind that is secluded, nobody will see him do what he wanted to do. Think of a little boys mind, hiding something he knows he shouldn't do. This also leads me to believe he doesn't live alone, he had no place else to take her to do his deed (whatever that was).

I'm also inclined to believe he did do some pre-planning. Dug a grave, placed items out there blah blah blah. I think she is in the woods still but the searchers missed her or close to where she is. (Shandra Levee anyone) If he is a hunter, and dug a grave, I'm sure he camouflaged the ground very well! What if he copycat the hollow tree idea from the other killer. (forgot the name)

The items found 8 miles away and such sounds to me like the perp threw them out the window in the opposite direction of where he lives. He is trying to throw the police off the true trail. ALL SPECULATION on my part!

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Ok my websleuthing friends ill return i have to feed my family lol
I think they are hungry !

See you all later!:seeya:

mrsu
04-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Its not set to private though and yes we can see his wall..thats how we know theres not a single word on there about Hollie being missing.

Right. Someone else had posted above that perhaps his wall was set to private and that's why we couldn't see any posts. That's what I'm saying, if his wall was set to private we wouldn't even see the wall at all.

The Farm
I would like to see it also,,,I do believe it was posted when the thread first started?

dog.gone.cute

:rocker:

Your post makes total sense to me.

If the "perp" was "scoping out" the house, wouldn't the perp have to know other family members' schedules as well ?

What I would like to know is what is the brother's schedule ? Is he normally up at 7:00 am ... does he go to work .. go to school ? Maybe he heard something ?

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know the boyfriend's initial?

I still think he had about an hour head start after taking her...even if LE got there 15 minutes after being called, which was 15 minutes after she was taken, you have to interview brother again at house, and then assemble searchers...LE did not drive up and run into woods en masse.

For The Kids
04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
His FB page states they are in a relationship, however, hers doesnt state that at all. Just an observation.

Hers is private though so it wouldnt show you the status. But her profile pic has a photo of both of them together though.

scorekeeper
rule out Clint, determine how much of a head start perp had. Determine if within timeframe of LE arriving if it makes more sense that she was taken to a car rather than him fleeing into deep woods with her.

According to LE, Clint IS NOT a POI.

but agree with BBM

maskedwoman

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why it seems so weird that he looked outside. I look out my windows all the time. I never know when a deer or turkey might be in my yard and I like to watch them. And I look outside to see what my horses are doing. It doesn't seem so strange to me that he looked outside.

One day I looked out the window just in time to run out and rescue my dog from a mama deer. She had wandered too close to the baby and was getting her butt kicked. I have no idea why I looked out just then, but I did.

mrsu
04-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Her profile is private though. So unless you are a friend you wouldn't see that information. She could have it listed, just not for anyone to see.

concentric
04-19-2011, 05:57 PM

Yeah, he pretty well had to gain control quickly and intimidate the heck out of her with a weapon, JMO. We talked about the possibility that he held a knife to her throat and that's where the blood is from.

I thought about the books and lunch tote also. I think he could multi-task, so to speak, and had a backpack or something at the ready.

For The Kids
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know the boyfriend's initial?

I still think he had about an hour head start after taking her...even if LE got there 15 minutes after being called, which was 15 minutes after she was taken, you have to interview brother again at house, and then assemble searchers...LE did not drive up and run into woods en masse.

The boyfriends initials is DS,

sherbetjello
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Maybe a large, forward facing window?
I had one of those in my home growing up, it over looked the driveway. It was sort of hard NOT to look out of it when going to the bathroom (which was across the hallway).

ellabella
04-19-2011, 06:00 PM

It seems like a lot, but I have over 500 I believe, and I know every one in person. I have a big family, small town, travelled some. I have that many, and i probably haven't added anyone in over a year, maybe 2? and there are still a ton of people who aren't on my list, who I know.

I would definitely still look into it, as well as those who are dropping off. I just have to keep hoping the police know far more than they are sharing. I feel so awful for her brother(and family).

The Farm
04-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I live in the country and am always looking out my windows when I am home. I check on the horses and all the animals and look for wildlife. It is just something I do.

lishac23
Not that particular area. I have been to the state park a few years ago. However, it is like much of Middle Tennessee where i grew up in a small town in the country.

Ok...thanks. I was just wondering if there might be another reason the searchers choose to go that way (besides the lunch box) as opposed to any other route.

Lera213
I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why it seems so weird that he looked outside. I look out my windows all the time. I never know when a deer or turkey might be in my yard and I like to watch them. And I look outside to see what my horses are doing. It doesn't seem so strange to me that he looked outside.

One day I looked out the window just in time to run out and rescue my dog from a mama deer. She had wandered too close to the baby and was getting her butt kicked. I have no idea why I looked out just then, but I did.
You know LE could be leaving some part of his statement out. I tend to believe that he looked out the window because his sister was going to school, perhaps he noticed he didn't hear her car leave, and looked out the window. This is when he saw her going into the woods. After a few minutes something (my guess is what LE is leaving out) prompted him or his memory kicked in seeing a spot on the driveway, or he went out to investigate..see some part of his statement is being left out. I heard a person being interviewed (don't have the link) that stated the brother did the right thing.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
It is hard to believe the 7th day of searching is nearly over and no sign of Holly.
I think it is possible LE has a strong POI in mind, but that may not not help them in finding her...

imamaze
04-19-2011, 06:11 PM
I seen some questions about posting info from social networks. Here is the rule for this. If you have any other questions you can pm me or any Mod.

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

punklove
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Not pointing fingers; Im confused about the brother issue - I know that its not said that he saw Holly walking into the woods with the UNSUB (not being dragged as first reported) and that he only felt something was wrong when he found blood on the driveway.

Whos blood was it?

Its certainly possible that she was simply going with that person without being forced - someone she knew could have come up to her as she was leaving and asked her to come with them to look at something, or even showed her a weapon and told her to come with him. In this scenario its quite possible that anyone (the brother) seeing them from behind could just assume that whatever was going on was innocent.

Yet when you add the blood to the mix it leaves me confused - if the blood was hers wouldnt it be likely her demeanor would be completely opposite of someone going into the woods with someone else willingly?

When she left the home its obvious she ran into someone - she either fought back or was attacked or SOMETHING happened that caused the blood to be on the driveway. Something happened to make her bleed on the driveway and you can only assume that she knew her brother was in the home so I wonder if she called out to him and maybe he didnt hear?

I guess my issue is this - she knew she was in harms way BEFORE the walk into the woods (due to the fact she was bleeding) and she also knew her brother was in the home. So why would she walk calmly into the woods (while injured) with this person knowing that her brother was close enough to help her?

If she were bleeding and being led into the woods one would assume you could tell something was wrong even from behind - unless she was trying to act as though everything was ok. Even if being forced into the woods you more than likely would be able to tell the person was in trouble from behind because the body language would give one of them away.

So, I guess my question is this - why would she go quietly into the woods with someone that just wounded her when she knew her brother was right inside the home? Even when shes going into the woods why wasnt she looking around for help or trying to push the person away from her?

I could understand her going into the woods before she was ever harmed in hopes that the person wouldnt hurt her but it would be a natural reaction to scream for help if someone attacks you right outside your home.

ensht
04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
What people need to realize is the threshold for being named a suspect or POI is pretty high. Read this article on Molly Bish and take a look at the composite sketch, all the circumstantial evidence, statements of the exwife etc...and he's still not even a "suspect"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6797785&page=1

DNeecie
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Right. Someone else had posted above that perhaps his wall was set to private and that's why we couldn't see any posts. That's what I'm saying, if his wall was set to private we wouldn't even see the wall at all.

When my sister first made her FB page she turned comments off. You could see her wall and a few comments from other people but nothing after she turned them off. I couldn't figure out why her "post on wall" button was missing until she sent me a message. Don't know how she did it though.

mrsu
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Seeing on the FB page where people have called in tips to the Sheriff's dept. and they are disappointed in how the calls are handled. Like their tips are not important. :(

Had a much better response calling TBI.

https://www.facebook.com/BHBHS

mrsu
04-19-2011, 06:25 PM
When my sister first made her FB page she turned comments off. You could see her wall and a few comments from other people but nothing after she turned them off. I couldn't figure out why her "post on wall" button was missing until she sent me a message. Don't know how she did it though.

Yes, you can set your wall so no one can post to it and no one will see anything. You can do it in the account settings.

ETA: But we can see DS's wall so we know it's not set to private.

tfrohning
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Can someone please post the boyfriend's initials? I would like to see his FB page.

Please and this ex boy friend?

lishac23
04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Just saw this article:

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_8617.shtml:

"Holly Bobo is still missing, and police are now using high-resolution underwater imaging to search ponds and lakes for the 20-year-old nursing student."
Is this normal because of the terrain? Or did they find something that would lead them to believe she's been "disposed of" (apology for the harsh wording)

"Last week they found a lunchbox several miles from Bobo's home, along with other items that they believe belong to her."

Does this mean, "along with" the lunchbox or "along with" as in found last week as well? I wish they would release these "other items". Why would they need testing to determine if they belong to her...couldn't they just ask the family? I'm worried that there is some type of DNA evidence (possibly more blood) and that's what they're testing.

For The Kids
04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Please and this ex boy friend?

The latest one is DS..the other I dont know sorry

Adrienne37
04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Do we have any "official" confirmation that there is an ex-boyfriend yet?

sherbetjello
04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Do we have any "official" confirmation that there is an ex-boyfriend yet?

nope.

Adrienne37
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
nope.

I didn't think so but wanted to double check on that. Thanks!

revampz
04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I have been asking this question for a couple of days.....can anyone confirm about the ex boyfriend and the supposed restraining order.

I think maybe this was just a rumor as well as noone has mentioned an ex boyfriend on the Fb pages.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, he pretty well had to gain control quickly and intimidate the heck out of her with a weapon, JMO. We talked about the possibility that he held a knife to her throat and that's where the blood is from.

I thought about the books and lunch tote also. I think he could multi-task, so to speak, and had a backpack or something at the ready.

I think he had a knife but i dontthink it was held to her throat i think it was her hand (defensive wounds) then he says come quietly and you wont get hurt!
he leads her off...

hinman
04-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I have been asking this question for a couple of days.....can anyone confirm about the ex boyfriend and the supposed restraining order.

I think maybe this was just a rumor as well as noone has mentioned an ex boyfriend on the Fb pages.
I haven't seen anyone post any proof of a restraining order.

Tonia
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM

I have only seen one article that states about the ex bf
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

VicVixvi
I agree, you'd think anything she was carrying would be dropped if she was under duress, also, if she was led to believe there was an accident in the woods, one would normally put everything down before heading out to help. I'm a nurse, if there is an emergency I don't carry unnecessary things with me. Also, when someone is very scared they may clutch on to what they are carrying because it is familiar? comforting? or they just do. So there we have it, there is no reason she hung onto her things, she just did. But, I do think it rules out an emergency she thought may have been going on. In that case you you drop your lunchbag etc.

Unless the lunch bag and everything else were in a backpack, then you probably wouldn't take time to remove the backpack if "my friend is just in the woods line and has been shot".

Adrienne37

The only two places I have seen that mentioned was on a blog and then one of the comments on one of the articles that were posted. I was just asking if it had been confirmed either so I'm taking this tidbit of information with a grain of salt until we receive official confirmation. I would have thought an ex-boyfriend with a restraining order would have made its way into the MSM by now if one existed.

~jmo~

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe a large, forward facing window?
I had one of those in my home growing up, it over looked the driveway. It was sort of hard NOT to look out of it when going to the bathroom (which was across the hallway).

I know their home has this long driveway and isnt the cAR port around the back of the house. My thinking is she went out the back door (if there is one and my guess is there is lol) he may have heard the door slam closed and he looked out to see who came in or who went out.. Thats my logical explanation! LOL

sherbetjello
04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I have only seen one article that states about the ex bf
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

From that same link...

So, after much digging, I have come across this information. Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true. This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

marcyjoy
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi Everyone - I've been on other threads and have been keeping up with this one.

I wanted to mention about facebook that you can customize your settings. It appears to me that DS wall is not set to private but that he has restrictions. If you have a FV account...go to privacy settings and the custom area will say something like "allow to see posts on my wall" and it will allow you to set a different level. But this doesn't make your page private...only posts not able to be viewed.

I wouldn't read anything into the fact that there are no posts on there....because there are **NO** wall posts on there. He appears to have customized his settings.

That is allll....I'll go back to lurking :)

Soulmagent
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Remember this in the country, where I grew up, and not in a neighborhood watch area. A car, or truck, coming down the road is not a reason to call the cops. Especially, if you are a local, which is the theory.

If you want to escape, time is the key factor. You don't go wandering through the woods just to drive down some other road. Drive the car to the house, put her in the trunk, drive away like normal. Remember, you don't think anyone else is home.

Unless she has a R/O on you . Then your game plan HAS to be different.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Unless the lunch bag and everything else were in a backpack, then you probably wouldn't take time to remove the backpack if "my friend is just in the woods line and has been shot".

I don't know why she would allow a stranger to touch her in any way, by the arm even, unless he threatened her. I think she knew him or he had a weapon. If no weapon, she would have fought him; if he had a sob story, she may have followed him, but not been led.

iluvmua
04-19-2011, 06:51 PM
I've been clicking on her FB friends. I won't link and I have no idea how this person knows her but he does mention he is at school. He has a very obsessive type personality. He isn't violent or anything like that, but his coping and dealing with relationship break ups is off the chart depressive obsessive.

All I know if i was LE I would at least look at this person. After reading his wall, I can come up with a motive too. Her name is never mentioned either. I hate to be cryptic and I don't even know if what I'm typing is allowed.

Someone on YT mentioned this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOn8rh8rBFE

(read the very first comment made by Staroth999)

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I have to be honest with you guys. I am here in W.Tn and I have had a few conversations this evening with people that do NOT understand what is happening. The governor gives 50000.00 from the state, the family 25000 (which is understandable), and the money keeps rolling in...International News has picked up this story, not to mention all the other MSM favs...and they are getting NO info (just like the public)..AND remaining firm that she is in THAT area and abducted by someone INSIDE her community!

Everyone is glad and wants Holly home, safe, and with her family but we have NEVER seen ANY rescue mission happen the way this one has in one of these small towns!

For some people it even seems the effort is bordering conspiracy theory as we speak..

Im praying for Holly to come home and SOON - before this makes the history books!!

not_my_kids
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
thanks for these.

I don;t know if this has been cleared up yet, since I am playing catchup, the sheriff says in one of the morning show interviews, I believe on the 15th or 16th, that the first call was recieved at 7:59 a.m. and mother was on scene when his officers responded. Links are last thread.

Back to catching up now.

sherbetjello
04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the small town and amount of people helping out seems normal to me, almost "utopian" - it's an ideal situation. The money; parents give it, city gives it, her cousin is a singer and her parents (learned this today) can afford championship horses. Mom is a school teacher, I am sure she has watched several families children be raised up - could only bring MORE outpour from the community, I believe.

I don't see anything weird about what is taking place, realistically this should happen all the time.

Color my eyeglasses rosey.

Coldpizza
04-19-2011, 07:03 PM

I completely agree with you as I am constantly looking out the window for the same reasons you pointed out. In fact we are looking to buy a new home and if it doesn't meet the kitchen window criteria its a no go.

That being said, her brother is young. Most young people get up, go straight to the fridge, then to the couch or PC, then maybe to shower. Do we know if he had school that day? Does he go to school? Does he have a job? If not he could have been waiting for the house to be "his". Pretending to do his routine for the others in the house while planning to play hookie. It might explain looking out the window. But do we know if there is a direct sight to the carport? It might explain the delay in calling 911 if we had the answers to some of those questions.

Lera213
04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Someone on YT mentioned this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOn8rh8rBFE

(read the very first comment made by Staroth999)
IT was removed and The one I saw isn't the same person.

not_my_kids
04-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the small town and amount of people helping out seems normal to me, almost "utopian" - it's an ideal situation. The money; parents give it, city gives it, her cousin is a singer and her parents (learned this today) can afford championship horses. Mom is a school teacher, I am sure she has watched several families children be raised up - could only bring MORE outpour from the community, I believe.

I don't see anything weird about what is taking place, realistically this should happen all the time.

I thought nearly the same thing earlier. If Holly comes home, I hope she never ever forgets how lucky she is to have the support and love of so many people. And if she doesn't, I hope she looks down and just smiles.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I don;t know if this has been cleared up yet, since I am playing catchup, the sheriff says in one of the morning show interviews, I believe on the 15th or 16th, that the first call was recieved at 7:59 a.m. and mother was on scene when his officers responded. Links are last thread.

Back to catching up now.

LOL im sooooooooo confused lol

Dion
04-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I would like to see the brother be interviewed on tv. There are so many inconsistencies in this story. It's been said the brother thought it was the sister's boyfriend, but if so, why would the boyfriend be wearing camoflage and be leading her into the woods away from where she was supposed to be going.

It's also been said that LE think the man could have been familiar with the comings and goings at the house, and waited until the parents left before making his move. But if so, he should have known the brother was in the house, and I'm assuming a 25 year old man would be more of a threat to an abductor than older parents.

Holly was not a child who could be manipulated - she was a grown woman, why would she not scream her head off when confronted with a stranger?

Why did she have her lunch box with her. If she was being forcibly taken away, why carry a lunch box?

This is all very strange

Skully
04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Is there a list of "FACTS" in this case? I have read so many things, I don't know what is correct.

I read somewhere today that her car was found with a cell phone and camouflage clothing in it. I know that can't be right, as she walked away with this person. Do they even know the time the brother saw her walking away with this guy? Was he in camouflage clothing? Was the blood found her's or was that a rumor?

I am trying to get a picture of what happened. The brother looks out the window and sees his sister going with this man into the woods. Her car is in the carport? He later sees blood? So the man may have hit her so hard that there was blood on the ground? Was she walking as she had been hit or injured? If someone hits you hard enough to leave blood on the ground, did she scream? Yell? I read the neighbor heard screaming, so did the brother not hear it also? I am confused as you can see.

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 07:12 PM

The 50,000.00 came from the state of TN

CHARLISA
04-19-2011, 07:13 PM
LOL im sooooooooo confused lol

LOL I have been confused since the beginning and it is not getting any better...

Nehemiah
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM

turkey season

Lera213
04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
It seems that turkey hunting is very popular with the local young adults

Nehemiah
04-19-2011, 07:20 PM
The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

I drove home from Memphis today going the route that someone from Holly's area would most likely take if he/she were going/coming to/from Memphis. I have never seen in my entire life the numbers of LE on the interstate. They were at every exit and even in between. Of course I don't know that it was because of this case, but I have to think it was. I've traveled this route many times and never seen such.

Nehemiah
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I am in the midwest, hunting is common here too, but if she was suppose to be going to class going to the woods would be unusual. jmo

I know others who have gone thru this program, and it's possible that she was doing clinicals and her times to report were not the same all the time. Of course, I don't know where she was in her schooling, but that's the way it has been in the past with the ppl I know. My town in rural West TN also has a TN Tech Center, and they all operate basically the same.

Eileen730
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
LOL I have been confused since the beginning and it is not getting any better...

LOL i know it keeps getting worse lol

Nehemiah
04-19-2011, 07:24 PM
It seems that turkey hunting is very popular with the local young adults

Duck, deer, turkey, racoon, rabbit, quail, dove...all are popular here with young and old...male and female

shefner
04-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Just to expand on the facebook page of Holly's boyfriend. When a person has their page set to private, the general public can only view the most minimal information. You can view their profile photo and usually their friend list. They have a "wall," which is where your accepted friends can write and send photos, etc....but if the wall is set to "private," no one but accepted friends can view it. If a person's wall is set to public, then anyone can view it along with all photos.

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
(OT srry)

To all the locals here: I hope you fair well with this storm coming in

Skully
04-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if the duct tape found with hair on it was her's?

hinman
04-19-2011, 07:31 PM
no. but I wish they would release a little bit of info

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 07:31 PM

Almost none of the many questions have been answered; we don't know if it is her hair, or her blood, or if a car was found with her phone in it, etc...more we don't know that what we do know.

wfgodot
04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Hello, and welcome to WS, kdaniel3.

Skully
04-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Almost none of the many questions have been answered; we don't know if it is her hair, or her blood, or if a car was found with her phone in it, etc...more we don't know that what we do know.

Thank you for the response. I just don't understand how the neighbor heard the screams, yet the brother didn't. He see her going into the woods, but she is on her way to school and thinks it is her BF. Blood on the ground prompts a call to 911? If the person took her, and is leaving bread crumbs to make LE go in that direction, how does the duct tape fit in? So she is not screaming leaving, but the neighbor hears screams, so at some point the person duct tapes her and then takes it off and leave it for LE to find? If that duct tape was on her, to find it now is not good. Means she isn't a danger of screaming any longer. most times it is left on the person. I wonder if they found tracks from a car, or truck or ATV? This is so weird.

VicVixvi
04-19-2011, 07:40 PM
An updated Youtube video from one of the search party members.

YouTube - rickeydaleshow's Channel

He states at the 2:46 mark that Holly's scent was picked up by the dogs and followed. This would have happened either Sat. or Sunday.

maskedwoman
04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank you for the response. I just don't understand how the neighbor heard the screams, yet the brother didn't. He see her going into the woods, but she is on her way to school and thinks it is her BF. Blood on the ground prompts a call to 911? If the person took her, and is leaving bread crumbs to make LE go in that direction, how does the duct tape fit in? So she is not screaming leaving, but the neighbor hears screams, so at some point the person duct tapes her and then takes it off and leave it for LE to find? If that duct tape was on her, to find it now is not good. Means she isn't a danger of screaming any longer. most times it is left on the person. I wonder if they found tracks from a car, or truck or ATV? This is so weird.

I think the key to understanding that is knowing which neighbor called it in. That would give us a little idea of approx how far from the house they got before she screamed.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 07:52 PM

It is hard to think the tape is not related, if in fact it was found near driveway, which is not confirmed to my knowledge, but might have been. Maybe she tore off the first piece before he restrained her and somehow got cut in the process, causing the "small amount of blood"? And someone said brother was in shower (not sure if true) so maybe he missed the scream when tape came off? And then was retaped before going into woods? Too many scenarios and no answers.
Poor LE and the searchers...7 full search days now, in all weather, and it does not seem to be bringing them any closer to Holly.

Maybe neighbor was jogging or walking and passing the house when they heard a scream?

maskedwoman
04-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Well, stupid me. I didn't think about this until I got home. It may not be so odd that the brother didn't hear her but the neighbor did. They said the neighbor was leaving for work, so she was outside her house.

My house is very well insulated. So much so that I often don't even realize it's storming outside until I look out the window or it lightnings. Thunder and rain rarely get my attention inside. So, it's possible her brother might not have even heard her scream from inside the house.

angeleleven
04-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Nancy Grace is covering this tonight....Deborah Norville is taking Nancy's place.

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 08:03 PM
This is probably unrelated (female body bound in duct tape found in river) but it does mention Holly Bobo... This one is in PA

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979243102

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
It is hard to think the tape is not related, if in fact it was found near driveway, which is not confirmed to my knowledge, but might have been. Maybe she tore off the first piece before he restrained her and somehow got cut in the process, causing the "small amount of blood"? And someone said brother was in shower (not sure if true) so maybe he missed the scream when tape came off? And then was retaped before going into woods? Too many scenarios and no answers.
Poor LE and the searchers...7 full search days now, in all weather, and it does not seem to be bringing them any closer to Holly.

Maybe neighbor was jogging or walking and passing the house when they heard a scream?

The tape seemingly was not found at the house and it was not found on the first day or so either. I think they found it Friday?

cluciano63
NG is reporting "hair, blood" on tape? We have not heard that, the blood and hair are separate best we know.

Is this Will Nunn or someone else on NG?

maskedwoman
I wish I understood what scenario LE is operating under. I applaud LE and this community for going all out to find her. I think it's amazing in so many ways. But, as someone else mentioned earlier, it's hard to believe LE would send hordes of civilians out into the bushes if they thought there might be a possibly armed and deranged kidnapper out there.

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 08:08 PM
NG is reporting "hair, blood" on tape? We have not heard that, the blood and hair are separate best we know.

Is this Will Nunn or someone else on NG?

There is a seperate thread for NG discussion but basically I would take anything said on that show with a grain of salt the size of a cow lick.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:08 PM
A friend of family is on NG...said there has never been a bad word spoken about this family, ever. No reason for this to have happened.

This woman, who also seems to have been a searcher, said LE is telling them nothing, no clues, not sharing anything, they are hoping that LE knows more than what they are releasing.

LostInTheMyst
04-19-2011, 08:09 PM
random thought..I'm trying to figure out how they could've gotten away quickly without a vehicle being seen or heard...could bad guy have taken her away on a horse?

Blue_Dolphin308
04-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I have to be honest with you guys. I am here in W.Tn and I have had a few conversations this evening with people that do NOT understand what is happening. The governor gives 50000.00 from the state, the family 25000 (which is understandable), and the money keeps rolling in...International News has picked up this story, not to mention all the other MSM favs...and they are getting NO info (just like the public)..AND remaining firm that she is in THAT area and abducted by someone INSIDE her community!

Everyone is glad and wants Holly home, safe, and with her family but we have NEVER seen ANY rescue mission happen the way this one has in one of these small towns!

For some people it even seems the effort is bordering conspiracy theory as we speak..

Im praying for Holly to come home and SOON - before this makes the history books!!

I wonder if there is a ransom demand??? That LE is not telling us about??

sleuthan
04-19-2011, 08:11 PM
This is probably unrelated (female body bound in duct tape found in river) but it does mention Holly Bobo... This one is in PA

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979243102
The body has been identified as an African American women

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:12 PM
random thought..I'm trying to figure out how they could've gotten away quickly without a vehicle being seen or heard...could bad guy have taken her away on a horse?

But who would be listening for a vehicle? Who ever notices when you hear a vehicle start up? If she was not even known to be missing when he took her away in a car or truck, who would notice?

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I wonder if there is a ransom demand??? That LE is not telling us about??

Seems unlikely to me, only because they are taking so much help from the public still...usually a ransom comes with such specific demands...

norest4thewicked
04-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Is there a list of "FACTS" in this case? I have read so many things, I don't know what is correct.

I read somewhere today that her car was found with a cell phone and camouflage clothing in it. I know that can't be right, as she walked away with this person. Do they even know the time the brother saw her walking away with this guy? Was he in camouflage clothing? Was the blood found her's or was that a rumor?

I am trying to get a picture of what happened. The brother looks out the window and sees his sister going with this man into the woods. Her car is in the carport? He later sees blood? So the man may have hit her so hard that there was blood on the ground? Was she walking as she had been hit or injured? If someone hits you hard enough to leave blood on the ground, did she scream? Yell? I read the neighbor heard screaming, so did the brother not hear it also? I am confused as you can see.

No set of facts because no one has given up the facts. LE is being close lipped and even retracting things they said the day before. Every # thread has a new set of people and the same questions. We are all confused. I think that is the way they want us to be...After all, what we say or do on a chat forum means nothing and our "knowing" things is not in the least bit important to LE. All they care about or want is for Holly to be brought home safely.

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
There is a seperate thread for NG discussion but basically I would take anything said on that show with a grain of salt the size of a cow lick.hmm I am not seeing that thread.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Of course LE is under no obligation to share anything with the public...but we've all seen many close-lipped cases where they have still never found the victim or perp...so it is a tough call for LE to decide what to release or keep quiet about. (As usual, I am thinking of Kyron's case as an example...totally silent LE/no signs of K or an arrest after almost 1 year.)

Are we not supposed to post about NG show on this thread, am confused.

wfgodot

Hello sleuthan, and welcome to WS.

Carla Lashelle

Thats sad... some family somewhere else is missing their daughter/mother/sister etc.

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Friend of family on NG says brother thought BF was showing her a turkey he had killed. Someone suggested that on this thread. Good Job.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
They are talking about how many untrained volunteers are out there, is this a problem, will they know what is out of place, will they mess up a crime scene, are items being found that have actually been dropped by searchers, i.e. trash etc...

Caller asks about having a reenactment of the whole scene, dress someone up in camo, etc...have brother point out where they were...

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
They are showing on NG that she went into woods on opposite side of house where blood was found in carport.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Not a bad idea, anything might help (reenactment.)
Talking about the sonar i.e. to look into bodies of water. Need to have trained people so they know what they are seeing.
Doesn't seem to be a ransom case, more of an obsession.

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Reward is 80,00

punklove
04-19-2011, 08:27 PM
I would like to see the brother be interviewed on tv. There are so many inconsistencies in this story. It's been said the brother thought it was the sister's boyfriend, but if so, why would the boyfriend be wearing camoflage and be leading her into the woods away from where she was supposed to be going.

It's also been said that LE think the man could have been familiar with the comings and goings at the house, and waited until the parents left before making his move. But if so, he should have known the brother was in the house, and I'm assuming a 25 year old man would be more of a threat to an abductor than older parents.

Holly was not a child who could be manipulated - she was a grown woman, why would she not scream her head off when confronted with a stranger?

Why did she have her lunch box with her. If she was being forcibly taken away, why carry a lunch box?

This is all very strange

I think its also odd that her cousin came out saying that the brother was cleared when the police released a statement saying nobody was cleared.

Frankly I think the brother deserves the benefit of the doubt - I just cant wrap my head around some of the details; the biggest being her walking with the unidentified suspect after being wounded in such a way the brother would assume everything was ok when seeing them...

Something happened on the driveway to make her bleed, once she was wounded and bleeding it seems unlikely to me that she would walk with that person with no outer signs of distress.

Had she been wounded and forced to go somewhere against her will one would assume that she would show signs of that distress; perhaps holding whatever part of her body that was bleeding, looking around in an attempt to find some method of escape, pulling away from the person thats attempting to remove her from her home. You would assume that the moment she was wounded on the driveway that she would have made a lot of noise - when someone does something to make you bleed its a natural reaction to cry out.. Had she not been seen walking from the home with this person that could be explained as her being knocked out, but we know thats not the case.

For the brother to assume that it was her boyfriend we must assume that there was nothing about the situation he felt abnormal - had someone actually been forcing her into the woods you would expect there to be signs.

The actual walking pace and body language of someone going for a walk and someone being abducted would be very different and it doesnt seem the brother felt there was reason for alarm..

Its hard to understand.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:27 PM
All we know for sure is she disappeared Wed. AM via a man in camo toward the woods...
now talking to a shrink about what kind of person does this...

Knows terrain, is not random, knows her or of her, knew her schedule, power trip, hunt is as exciting as the act. Many like to watch the reporting on their crimes. The fact she walked shows she already gave the power over the abductor, should stay and fight, once they get you away from the locale, much worse...

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
the NG forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119784&page=14

punklove
04-19-2011, 08:30 PM

Had she not already been wounded and bleeding it wouldnt be all that uncommon for her to go with someone against her will, people often go along with that sort of thing in hopes they wont be hurt. Once people are wounded thats typically when they figure out that things are a lot worse than they expected and attempt to fight back and/or seek rescue.

Im crossing my fingers shes found safe.

imamaze
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
You can complain about NG in the parking lot downstairs. Not here. Thanks.

Ima

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you clucian...I dont get NG so without you Id have no idea what they were saying...hoping for something to put this all together.

CHARLISA
04-19-2011, 08:32 PM
All we know for sure is she disappeared Wed. AM via a man in camo toward the woods...
now talking to a shrink about what kind of person does this...

Knows terrain, is not random, knows her or of her, knew her schedule, power trip, hunt is as exciting as the act. Many like to watch the reporting on their crimes. The fact she walked shows she already gave the power over the abductor, should stay and fight, once they get you away from the locale, much worse...

Every expert I have ever heard says "don't let them take you to second location". I have told my daughter, if someone ever tries to kidnap you, fight for your life & cause a scene. Don't go with them under any circumstances because you're as good as dead.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Showing clips of her cousin from an interview about Holly...
Taking caller...possible she left on her own? Staged?

Family friend says no way, not in a million years...
Anything is possible (from an ex-LE) but no info that this would be true

Tonia
04-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Wow at the sex offenders in this area!

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:34 PM
LE would be looking at locals with violent records, as well as anyone out of routine, etc...
will look at sex offenders, 14 within 6 miles of her home. Shrink thinks that is a lot, since that's only the ones caught, and in such sparse population.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:35 PM
251 totoal RSO's in wider area, western part of the state? They did not say what the # encompassed.

No POI, no one ruled out.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:36 PM
She could be in a v. dangerous situation right now...
No trace of her in almost a week.
Ex LE says well-planned. Hid tracks well.

Caller- Could it be they were after her cousin?

Seems unlikely...seems planned, the timing, etc...after Holly, not random.

Perp may have prepared, changed his tires in advance, gathered duct tape, etc...
We have to hold out hope, although after a week, time is no one's friend.
Stats are not in Holly's favor.

Soulmagent
04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Is there street images of Hollys street on Bing? I was wondering if anyone had looked for odd parked cars near her home at the time the sat photos were snapped. Sometimes it happens that people are were they should be when those images are taken.

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
looks like a planned crime since there is no evidence showing up, per NG

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Talking about the NC girl kept in a bunker, always a possibility, that someone wanted to keep her as their own...

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Commercial break...

concentric
04-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Talking about the NC girl kept in a bunker, always a possibility, that someone wanted to keep her as their own...

It ain't NC it's SC. And I initially posted about it, and posted about it later throughout the threads.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Show back on. What evidence has not yet been found? Has her phone been found?

They are saying phone and purse were NOT found, according to Radar online...
(not sure about this, just typing)

H's cousin keeps saying brother has been cleared, LE says no one has been ruled out.

hinman
Radar online repoter on NG says cell phone not found, only thing found was lunch box and duct tape. They did take computers out of house.

cluciano63
Saying brother took and passed LD the very day she vanished, yet LE is still saying no one including him have been cleared. (according to cousin)

Talking about FB page, stalkers on line?

iluvmua
04-19-2011, 08:46 PM
I CAN'T Believe it's been almost a whole week! I remember when I made a thread about Holly's case. I sure does not seem like a week to me, more like a couple of days.

Plumeria5
Sorry,if this has already been discussed, but I haven't had time to catch up on all the previous posts.

The lunch box was found 8 miles away from the home near a creek? Did she have it in a backpack? Her purse and cellphone are missing. Do you think the lunchbox was put there to throw police off the trail? Seems strange that the lunchbox would make it that far away?

mysticrose
Sorry , Could someone please post NG online link again I cant find it trying to catch the end of the show ..tia :)
Mystic

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Should look at her facebook page to see if someone was obsessed. If ex was stalking her wouldn't he have posted something on her page?? per NG

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
People who blame the world for their problems...
FBI says 7 women kidnapped every day in US...
How to protect yourself?

*Stay alert, be aware anyone can be a victim, careful of giving your info on phone or online. People will talk on computers with people they would never talk to in person.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Caller from TN: Did brother run after sister once he saw blood, and how familiar is she with woods?

Family friend does not know how well she would know those dense woods...would not be out walking in the woods.

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:49 PM
No one knows how well Holly knows the woods back there. There is lots of briars and it is heavily dense in the woods. per family friend of Bobos on NG

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Does it help or hurt that her cousin is an up and coming country singer?

Shrink says if perp could not get close to star, why not take cousin, as a possibility.
Does Holly have the strength to gain his trust, but not become Stockholm syndrome victim.

Could a healthy 20-yr last this long outdoors?
Hypothermia is a big worry, she would need water, could go with food...

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Not a bad idea, anything might help (reenactment.)
Talking about the sonar i.e. to look into bodies of water. Need to have trained people so they know what they are seeing.
Doesn't seem to be a ransom case, more of an obsession.

No one knows how well Holly knows the woods back there. There is lots of briars and it is heavily dense in the woods. per family friend of Bobos on NG

Thats why I argued that there would have been a path or broken twigs to clearly see if someone entered the woods..fresh broken twigs are easy to see..

Carla Lashelle
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Nitey nite y'all good luck and hang in there!

L.

scorekeeper
04-19-2011, 08:53 PM
brother took a lie detector test?? They took computers out of the home?? LE hasn't released any of this information. What family member is speaking on NG? sorry in advance for all the questions....new information to me!

hinman
Thats why I argued that there would have been a path or broken twigs to clearly see if someone entered the woods..fresh broken twigs are easy to see.. Yup they said should have been bits of torn clothing from all the twigs briars.

mrsu
Thats why I argued that there would have been a path or broken twigs to clearly see if someone entered the woods..fresh broken twigs are easy to see..

That's what I don't get either. If it's so densely populated with trees and brush there should be a clear "path" of trampled brush no? You would think you would be able to see right where they walked?

hinman
04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
brother took a lie detector test?? They took computers out of the home?? LE has released any of this information. What family member is speaking on NG? sorry in advance for all the questions....new information to me! It is a family friend of the Bobo's

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
$80K reward
Local reporter Joe Gomez-desperate search will continue...(he is VERY dramatic)

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:55 PM
brother took a lie detector test?? They took computers out of the home?? LE has released any of this information. What family member is speaking on NG? sorry in advance for all the questions....new information to me!

Debra Norville said that Holly's cousin claims he took a LD and passed...no family member on show...

nervous_nellie
04-19-2011, 08:56 PM
so if she didnt disappear into/thru the woods then where did she go??

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 08:56 PM
show over

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
so if she didnt disappear into/thru the woods then where did she go??

Thats what I have been wondering for 7 days...

SweetSkit
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
show over

Thank you SOOO much for all the info!!!

concentric
04-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Nothing much new on NG that we haven't already discussed here, except for the brother passing the lie detector test and the risk of hypothermia and dehydration for Holly if she is surviving (good points).

Otherwise, we have covered most everything.

And anyone who doesn't think that, can go back and read the threads.

Strawberry Fields
04-19-2011, 09:08 PM
One thing that I thought was new on the NG show tonight was someone mentioned blood on the lunch purse. Did anyone else hear that? TIA. Also new was the statement about things like computer being removed from the home by LE. I had been wondering if the home had been searched. Guess that answered that question.

scorekeeper
04-19-2011, 09:09 PM
show over

Cluciano63,

:tyou::tyou::tyou:

for the transcript!!

score

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Just a friendly reminder that WE DON'T DO RUMORS HERE! :) Thanks everyone!

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
LOL Dad i was sending you the map so ppl can see what your talking about lol

I was giving you the visuals lol

Sorry Eileen, you had me confused there.

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 09:12 PM
As far as LD test...NG show is only source and it was Debra Norville who said that a cousin had said he took and passed one...FYI.

concentric
Thank you for pointing that stuff out, Strawberry Fields, appreciate it.

panthera
Yup they said should have been bits of torn clothing from all the twigs briars.

That is exactly what I've thought from the beginning. Except for the jeans, it doesn't appear she was wearing anything to go hiking through that kind of dense brush, and nothing has been mentioned as I can recall of what kind of shoes she had on. MOO

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
One thing that I thought was new on the NG show tonight was someone mentioned blood on the lunch purse. Did anyone else hear that? TIA. Also new was the statement about things like computer being removed from the home by LE. I had been wondering if the home had been searched. Guess that answered that question.

I must have missed this part...I thought they were just saying LE would always remove computers...

hinman
04-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I must have missed this part...I thought they were just saying LE would always remove computers...
I heard her say they did remove Computers from the home. It was when the question was asked what evidence they have.

Strawberry Fields
04-19-2011, 09:19 PM

I think I will try to be awake when the show comes on again in the middle of the night and try and take notes because I am not 100% sure I heard correctly on this. I'll repost in the a.m. and let you know what I hear the second time around.

anyoldtime48
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM

She would have either had to go willingly, and LE seems entirely certain that was not the case, or would have to have been, and please pardon the term -- "dead weight" whether one horse or two.

If he knocked her out, feasible. Too much to control a horse (or two) plus a human that is conscious and does not want to be there. Especially a human who knows how to ride well, as I presume she did.

ATV or other motor vehicle parked not far away just seems so much more likely. LE asking for input from locals about anybody having excessively cleaned a vehicle recently or changed tires, that seems to me they have some at least semi-solid info that a wheeled vehicle was used.

Out of sight inside a vehicle. In plain sight, at least out in the open, on a horse.

That said, I would not be surprised to find out the perp had some involvement with horses.

hinman
04-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I think I will try to be awake when the show comes on again in the middle of the night and try and take notes because I am not 100% sure I heard correctly on this. I'll repost in the a.m. and let you know what I hear the second time around. Thank you. You use to be able to get transcripts from her show. I am not sure if you still can, but I will see what I can find.

mommy_xox
04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Does anyone know approximately how far away her purse was found from the lunchbox?

'Investigators have discovered several of Bobo's personal items, including her cell phone, purse and lunch box.'

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20055417-504083.html

Strawberry Fields
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you. You use to be able to get transcripts from her show. I am not sure if you still can, but I will see what I can find.

That would be super! I cannot guarantee I can "be awake" but most of the time I wake up in the middle of the night and start channel surfing, LOL.

iluvmua
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
What are the chances of Holly still being alive? I didn't even think of Hypo and needing food & water.

I'm just taking that guy's post with a grain of salt.

10EC_Dad
04-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Unless she has a R/O on you . Then your game plan HAS to be different.

It sounds like you are building a case against someone.

I don't think a R/O would keep you from driving down the road she lives on.

The only change in the plan would be surprise (i.e. don't drive directly to the house in the driveway).

RavenTrue
04-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know approximately how far away her purse was found from the lunchbox?

'Investigators have discovered several of Bobo's personal items, including her cell phone, purse and lunch box.'

Here we go again cell phone found, not found...oops found :banghead:

hinman
04-19-2011, 09:30 PM

Found it but they haven't posted tonights yet. I will keep checking..

Plumeria5
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Here we go again cell phone found, not found...oops found :banghead:

I know, very confusing! Cell phone found in car along with camouflage clothing 8 miles away. ??

cluciano63
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Other sources have reported that phone and purse have NOT been found...I am not sure at all if they were found and for sure, they have not said where.

Strawberry Fields
04-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I know, very confusing! Cell phone found in car along with camouflage clothing 8 miles away. ??

Oh boy, it is confusing. I do know that it was stated on NG tonight the cell phone and purse have not been found. So we really have no idea on what has been found.