PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #9

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7

Thread #8

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!

SweetSkit
04-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Lack of Updates in the Search for Holly Bobo Prove Frustrating

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979245404

SweetSkit
04-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Site packed full of info..

http://www.beautymadefresh.net/2011/04/disappearance-of-holly-bobo.html

Wondergirl
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
It appears as if there are only 3 Car Wash Locations in Parsons, Tennessee.

I wonder if any of them have video cameras?

Many a perp has been filmed or gone to a Car Wash in recent cases (The Inmans in the Summer Inman Case, and Russell Williams, in the Canadian Multiple Murder/Assault case)

Here is a link to the 3 that I found.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=parsons,+tennessee+car+wash&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=car+wash&hnear=Parsons,+Decatur,+Tennessee,+United+States&z=15

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Now I would think that if Holly had someone she had a BAD falling out with, they would NOT be on her Facebook friends list. So to look at the list and say oh person X seems suspicous, doesnt make sense to me. Obviously this is a dangerous person and I don't think it was someone close enough to her to 1) be on her FB page to start with or 2) still be on it as a friend. More likely its someone who she may have only known in passing but whos interest or attention she had sparked.

I unfriend and block people on FB all the time. If I had some violent ex, etc. you know they wouldn't be on there. And my friends would block that person too.

SweetSkit
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
blocked url..:(

hinman
04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Now I would think that if Holly had someone she had a BAD falling out with, they would NOT be on her Facebook friends list. So to look at the list and say oh person X seems suspicous, doesnt make sense to me. Obviously this is a dangerous person and I don't think it was someone close enough to her to 1) be on her FB page to start with or 2) still be on it as a friend. More likely its someone who she may have only known in passing but whos interest or attention she had sparked.

I unfriend and block people on FB all the time. If I had some violent ex, etc. you know they wouldn't be on there. And my friends would block that person too.
That just got me thinking. Would a friend on her FB page, who are probably around her age, be able to pull this off. There has been nothing found and this seemed pretty planned, like maybe someone who has done this before. I just don't know if one of her friends could pull this off. I guess that might sound awful, I don't mean it to though.

concentric
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
It appears as if there are only 3 Car Wash Locations in Parsons, Tennessee.

I wonder if any of them have video cameras?

Many a perp has been filmed or gone to a Car Wash in recent cases (The Inmans in the Summer Inman Case, and Russell Williams, in the Canadian Multiple Murder/Assault case)
----------------
I thought I remembered a case recently on NG concerning car washes:

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/30/ng.01.html

Bombshell tonight. As we go to air, a female body found stuffed deep underground into a church septic tank. This as the husband and in-laws drive over 100 miles away to get caught on car wash surveillance just after the kidnapping, furiously cleaning the car interior. Then they follow up with more cleaning at two other car washes, and then race into a tire shop for new tires. We learn the husband and in-laws members of their own offshoot church.

Conquer1
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM

That's just the point. Lots of people have FB friends that they only know in passing, or are just aquaintances with.

I'm not saying that she had a falling out with someone that's still a FB friend, but a FB friend could easily be someone interested in her.

imamaze
04-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Copying over from last thread...

I'm posting the rules here on social networking for you all. Discussing her friends is off limits and discussing anything on her FB page is off limits.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks.

Ima

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 01:10 PM
That's just the point. Lots of people have FB friends that they only know in passing, or are just aquaintances with.

I'm not saying that she had a falling out with someone that's still a FB friend, but a FB friend could easily be someone interested in her.

I don't think whoever did this could have kept his attractions a secret from Holly if he were indeed a friend. He would have come on to her, harassed her, made her feel uncomfortable, etc. And he would have been bumped from FB and probably her freinds would know who the guy was. People talk. Friends are always saying stuff like, "man that guy from church is creeping me out. I thought he was cool but...". This is probably someone that is close to Holly only in his own mind with only her visual appearance and maybe a brief hi or glace to go on.

jadejazzkayla
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Copying over from last thread...

I'm posting the rules here on social networking for you all. Discussing her friends is off limits and discussing anything on her FB page is off limits.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks.

Ima

bbm...question regarging bolded ws rule quoted.

whose facebook informaton are you referring to? holly's? and if it is the victim's facebook page we can't discuss - is this for all victims on ws or just holly? tia.

ensht
04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't think whoever did this could have kept his attractions a secret from Holly if he were indeed a friend. He would have come on to her, harassed her, made her feel uncomfortable, etc. And he would have been bumped from FB and probably her freinds would know who the guy was. People talk. Friends are always saying stuff like, "man that guy from church is creeping me out. I thought he was cool but...". This is probably someone that is close to Holly only in his own mind with only her visual appearance and maybe a brief hi or glace to go on.

Agreed just based on normal profiling. BUT the attempted abduction of the 31 yr old posted on the #8 thread.....well that's really alarming to me.

Geographically that's close. Last time he was thwarted by a scream, this time he wasn't? Early am M.O. It's possible it's a total coincidence and there's just another perv near....but wow.

SweetSkit
04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Holly Bobo investigators set roadblocks in search for missing Tenn. student

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20055591-504083.html

According to Reuters, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and state patrol stopped several vehicles Tuesday around Decatur County and asked the occupants if they've seen anything unusual since Bobo's disappearance last Wednesday.

imamaze
04-20-2011, 01:15 PM
bbm...question regarging bolded ws rule quoted.

whose facebook informaton are you referring to? holly's? and if it is the victim's facebook page we can't discuss is this for all victims on ws or just holly? tia.

We are talking about Holly's private FB page her personal page. Its private and no her friends should not be discussed here unless they are directly tied to this case and have been in the media.

Ima

Capri
04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
We seriously need some real info from LE. Problem is, I don't think they have much. Are there any locals here who have been out searching? If so, anything you can tell us, obviously without releasing anything LE doesn't want released?

Conquer1
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Lots of people are able to keep their attractions to people hidden.

And I'm not talking about him being a friend in the true sense of the word, but just someone she knows that happened to send her a FB friend request.

She accepts it because she knows the guy, worked with him in the past, or went to school with him and they both happen to be on FB. It happens all the time.

I've got FB friends that I haven't seen in person in years. Some of them I sent a friend request to because I got the little suggestion from FB. Some sent me friend requests because of the very same reason.

In the general sense...if she had a FB friend that posted on a regular basis, was known to be in the outdoors a lot, was off of work the day Holly went missing, and in year's time happen to post "via mobile web" only once (1 hr after Holly went missing), I would think that person would garner some attention from LE.

Generally speaking, of course...:banghead:

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/NancyGraceHLN

nancy grace just tweeted that they will reporting live from Holly's house tonight

LuLa
04-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Concentric would you please repost your questions you had about 911 dispatchers here again? I'm interested in the answer you might get :) You never got an answer & the thread was closed.

liltexans
04-20-2011, 01:24 PM

You would think, but in Summer Inman's case (Ohio), Summer's current boyfriend was still FB friends with Summer's ex-husband, whom Summer had a restraining order against and who had threatened to kill Summer if she took the children away from him.

I'm not saying that Holly is FB friends with anyone who harmed her, but you never know.

concentric
04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Agreed just based on normal profiling. BUT the attempted abduction of the 31 yr old posted on the #8 thread.....well that's really alarming to me.

Geographically that's close. Last time he was thwarted by a scream, this time he wasn't? Early am M.O. It's possible it's a total coincidence and there's just another perv near....but wow.

Please excuse my ineptitude, but I wanted to read about that and I can't find the article. Do you have a link?

Thanks ensht

DNeecie
04-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Via Prime News- "It's been 1 week since Holly Bobo disappeared from her TN home. Tonight we're trying to find out if there are any new leads. Plus, why was the search called off for 4 hours yesterday?"

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=93710322266&story_fbid=140336126039556

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 01:28 PM
interesting!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prime-News/93710322266

prime news will be discussing holly and talking about why the search was called off for four hours yesterday!

hmmmm

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Reminder: community-wide candlelight vigil, tonight at 7:30 at the fairgrounds
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Lots of people are able to keep their attractions to people hidden.

And I'm not talking about him being a friend in the true sense of the word, but just someone she knows that happened to send her a FB friend request.

She accepts it because she knows the guy, worked with him in the past, or went to school with him and they both happen to be on FB. It happens all the time.

I've got FB friends that I haven't seen in person in years. Some of them I sent a friend request to because I got the little suggestion from FB. Some sent me friend requests because of the very same reason.

In the general sense...if she had a FB friend that posted on a regular basis, was known to be in the outdoors a lot, was off of work the day Holly went missing, and in year's time happen to post "via mobile web" only once (1 hr after Holly went missing), I would think that person would garner some attention from LE.

Generally speaking, of course...:banghead:

That is true but it seems a jump to think kidnapping her from her own front yard would be his first move. That would come AFTER sending her flowers, stuff to get her attention that she would rebuff... I would think... :waitasec:

raeann
04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
We are talking about Holly's private FB page her personal page. Its private and no her friends should not be discussed here unless they are directly tied to this case and have been in the media.

Ima

THANK YOU!!! and by this I assume it includes ANYONE listed on her friends list, as there is no way any of us are capable of deciding who may or may not deserve to be scrutinized or proposed as a possible POI based on a few pictures or posting vs not posting on their own page??

RemingtonSteele
04-20-2011, 01:32 PM

I don't necessarily agree with this. My daughter had someone as a Facebook friend who I wondered aloud to her "why would you want to be friends with her" and her response was "just because they are friends on Facebook, doesn't mean they are really your friend" This person had done some really mean things to my daughter. You can block what certain people see but can still keep an eye on what they are posting (if they don't block you of course). My niece's ex-boyfriend was Facebook friends with me but I didn't delete him as my friend when they broke up because I was concerned about his reaction to the breakup and wanted to keep an eye on what he was posting about her because I was concerned about her safety. He had so many friends I guess he has never noticed that I am still friends with him. I think it goes back to the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

concentric
04-20-2011, 01:33 PM
norest4thewicked --

Now, to me, your posts do bear some authoritative weight in the area of emergency calls. (Some of us questioned whether hinman was the Dayle Hinman.)

Anyways, I have a couple of itsy, bitsy questions about your comments, if you wouldn't mind my asking, of course. Thanks. (I sound like P.I. Daffy Duck here, ha, ha)

Can you clarify again, why you know that the dispatcher put the call in as a home invasion? And that next portion (I listed) is just plain funny.
[quote=norest4thewicked;6364647]

For whatever reason, this dispatcher put the call in as a home invasion.

Are they prone to embellish the calls? We weren't allowed to embellish calls at all, but we were seldom called on it and there was one dispatcher that I worked with who you'd have thought she was writing an action novel with her comments about the call.

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Investigators have not reported any new leads today. They said a news conference will only be held if there are developments to report.

A candlelight vigil will be held at 7:30 tonight at the Decatur County Fairgrounds.

Thursday is planned as a day of rest for volunteers, so that they can come back at full force Friday and over the weekend. Law enforcement said they can handle thousands of volunteers this weekend to help with the search.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110420/NEWS01/110420009/Search-Holly-Bobo-continues-no-news-conference-planned-today-unless-there-new-developments

cluciano63
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
The family friend on NG last night was very frustrated and said that LE is not telling anyone anything at all...so I don't think they are holding info back, maybe LE just does not have any info.

SweetSkit
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
interesting!!!

prime news will be discussing holly and talking about why the search was called off for four hours yesterday!

hmmmm

Article said this about the road blocks: While members of the community combed the woods Tuesday, investigators went door to door talking to neighbors and set up checkpoints on six roads near Bobo's home to speak to motorists passing by at the time of day Bobo was abducted, between 7:40 and 8 a.m. Authorities wanted to talk to people who drove on those roads on April 13 about what they saw that morning. An additional 50 law enforcement officers were brought in to help with the search Tuesday.

I think someone here mentioned it already but do not remember if it was confirmed.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry I disappeared on y'all last night. I had an appointment to check on the baby and they didn't give me good news. But, I'm back. And I've had 16 hours to think...this only led to three conclusions, so I am not impressed with myself.

1. Roadblocks, as Ms. Facetious pointed out middle of last thread, are often done not to catch any one person, but to monitor who goes through an area on a given date and time. They typically (as MsF also pointed out) do these on the same day of the week that the crime was committed, in order to monitor who is there on that day of the week. But they started these yesterday, only 6 days after the abduction...do they have reason to believe that the abductor may have driven in from a nearby community on Tuesday, monitored the house overnight, possible from his vehicle, and then abducted her early Wednesday morning? I'm sure an actual campsite would have been found, but if he slept in his truck or car...

2. Polys. I see no need for them. They are usually given in missing child cases, that's true, but missing adult cases have a whole other suspect pool and whole other protocol to follow. If her brother is anywhere near as torn up as her mother, I can see why they have not been poly'ed. Extreme emotional distress can skew the results of a poly, and her mother is definitely too torn up to do one. Also, there is no reason to poly her parents, as far as we know, they are both alibied for the time of the abduction. Her brother simply didn't have time to get her far enough away not to have been found, in the time he had. To me, none of these people are suspects, and LE is referring to her brother as an eyewitness, nothing more, nothing less. It's not standard practice to poly witnesses, last I checked...and they likely see the same thing that has been pointed out here. If the brother were to have had any part in her disappearance, he must be the fastest perp on the planet and I feel that something would have been found to that end by now, and revealed, instead of LE continuing to fuel suspicion of everyone by telling them to look among themselves.

3. Public/LE disconnect: When the Lt. was asked in the interview if he felt that people were afraid, he said that he didn't think the community was afraid. However, that very same day, there were articles detailing residents opening their doors already armed and people publicly spoke of how scared they were. I don't like that, it shows a disconnect between the residents and the local LE, and at this point, the person that will hurt the most is Holly.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Ima

Can we still discuss the public info on her page? For example, her wall is locked, we can't discuss that, because we can't see it unless someone is using a special program, but her info, such as work, school, liked pages and that, is all public. Can we still discuss those things?

Sorry, to be a PITA.

norest4thewicked
04-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Concentric - Sorry to take so long to respond to this. I got sidetracked and didn't realize I was still in here. I'm unable to quote you because it has gone to a new thread, so will reply below your narrative:

norest4thewicked --

Now, to me, your posts do bear some authoritative weight in the area of emergency calls. (Some of us questioned whether hinman was the Dayle Hinman.)

Anyways, I have a couple of itsy, bitsy questions about your comments, if you wouldn't mind my asking, of course. Thanks.

Can you clarify again, why you know that the dispatcher put the call in as a home invasion? And that next portion (I listed) is just plain funny.

For whatever reason, this dispatcher put the call in as a home invasion.

Are they prone to embellish the calls? We weren't allowed to embellish calls at all, but we were seldom called on it and there was one dispatcher that I worked with who you'd have thought she was writing an action novel with her comments about the call.
I was giving an example only about how the call was put in. I was trying to give an example of why I believe the call was originally reported as a home invasion. I have no knowledge of WHY they were originally calling it that, except that it might have been put in as that by the dispatcher and then just carried through. This is purely speculation on my part as a previous 911 dispatcher and would completely explain that part. Hope this helps...:)

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Article said this about the road blocks: While members of the community combed the woods Tuesday, investigators went door to door talking to neighbors and set up checkpoints on six roads near Bobo's home to speak to motorists passing by at the time of day Bobo was abducted, between 7:40 and 8 a.m. Authorities wanted to talk to people who drove on those roads on April 13 about what they saw that morning. An additional 50 law enforcement officers were brought in to help with the search Tuesday.

I think someone here mentioned it already but do not remember if it was confirmed. yeah... I heard about that... what I am really interested in hearing is about a four hour break in the search... I had not heard that yesterday... ((only about the road blocks but it seemed from will tweets that the woods search was going on at the same time???))

most likely prime news will have the "roadblocks" as their breaking news...

Conquer1
04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
That is true but it seems a jump to think kidnapping her from her own front yard would be his first move. That would come AFTER sending her flowers, stuff to get her attention that she would rebuff... I would think... :waitasec:
Yeah, that's the way rational, sane people think.

But, trying to understand why people do crazy, irrational, violent things is a different matter, IMO.

I've seen enough of these things to know that nobody can be excluded, and it may be someone most people would least suspect, because they never gave any indication to anyone.

Obviously, whoever did this isn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination. It took considerable planning and foresight. And so far, it seems to be going their way.

I don't think it's stretch to think that someone that could pull this off, get away with it this long (seemingly without anyone even suspecting them), would be able to hide whatever feelings they had for Holly from everyone.

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 01:42 PM
(((((((not_my_kids))))))

hugs!~

froginTtown
Please excuse my ineptitude, but I wanted to read about that and I can't find the article. Do you have a link?

Thanks ensht
This is the article about the other woman nearly kidnapped at 5:30 am. while trying to get into her car, at her own home.. She lived 45 miles away in Centerville. Her boyfriend heard her drop a latern and yelled out to her, which scared the man away... Happened in mid Jan.. chilling
http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/04/20/042011-news-holly-bobo-2-2/

concentric
And I've had 16 hours to think...this only led to three conclusions, so I am not impressed with myself.
-----------------------
:floorlaugh:
----------------------
I'm impressed with you.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110420/NEWS25/104200313

With his broken right hand in a cast, Caleb Alexander carried boxes of donated snacks into the Decatur County Fairgrounds on Tuesday afternoon. He said he had spent much of the day helping cover about 30 miles in the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo.

Patsy Stedman, a volunteer who has been helping since Friday, has lupus. She said she is not supposed to be out in the sun for long periods, but she joined hundreds of volunteers who walked across rugged terrain looking for evidence.

Cindy Bates said she and other volunteers have had to navigate through brush and thorny blackberry vines, over hills and through creeks with water just wide enough to make jumping over impossible.

The volunteer count still topped 300 on day seven of the search for Bobo, 20, who authorities have said was abducted outside her home in Darden on April 13 by a man who wore camouflage. Law enforcement officials said there were no new developments to report Tuesday. Despite the long days and added stress, volunteer efforts remained driven by perseverance and hope.

Don't know how accurate the volunteer count is, since the Find Holly FB page recently posted that over 200 had signed up today, but it's still heartbreaking. There is also a little in this article, on page 2, on who has been eliminated, such as the stalker of two other women in Jackson.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't necessarily agree with this. My daughter had someone as a Facebook friend who I wondered aloud to her "why would you want to be friends with her" and her response was "just because they are friends on Facebook, doesn't mean they are really your friend" This person had done some really mean things to my daughter. You can block what certain people see but can still keep an eye on what they are posting (if they don't block you of course). My niece's ex-boyfriend was Facebook friends with me but I didn't delete him as my friend when they broke up because I was concerned about his reaction to the breakup and wanted to keep an eye on what he was posting about her because I was concerned about her safety. He had so many friends I guess he has never noticed that I am still friends with him. I think it goes back to the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...

cluciano63
04-20-2011, 01:44 PM
yeah... I heard about that... what I am really interested in hearing is about a four hour break in the search... I had not heard that yesterday... ((only about the road blocks but it seemed from will tweets that the woods search was going on at the same time???))

I'm sure NG will make heavy drama out of the roadblocks, even thought they were announced very early in the morning, they were not done in the middle of a search as if something had been found...

marlalouise
04-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Hopefully I post this correctly - been a long time since I've been around.

I've been trying to catch up, but there's a lot of info...when looking at the map where the 'warm' vehicle was found and a map of the TBI SOR search...seems very close to me. Has anyone else noticed this? Have all of these guys been checked out?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

Emma Peel
interesting!!!

hmmmm

I thought it was for weather reasons. Maybe I missed something. Or maybe this is just another intentionally sensational but largely meaningless sound bite.

jadejazzkayla

Ima

My question is referring to other actual vitctim's who have threads here on ws - are their facebook pages not to be discussed on ws or is it just holly's? tia.

I bolded the ws etiquette rule you posted above - this is where my confusion lies.

marlalouise
sorry - couldn't get the second link to work...

norest4thewicked
Concentric would you please repost your questions you had about 911 dispatchers here again? I'm interested in the answer you might get :) You never got an answer & the thread was closed.

Sorry...I got sidetracked and when I went back to read, the thread was closed, so I did answer it above. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask..:)

Jo in Calif
04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
The family friend on NG last night was very frustrated and said that LE is not telling anyone anything at all...so I don't think they are holding info back, maybe LE just does not have any info.

I can pretty much bet LE is holding back lots and I bet they have lots to hold back.
Family members are not talking, residents are not talking because LE has asked them not to. IMO

KMouse
04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
re: 911 call
I am surprised the media has not gotten a hold of it yet or have they and I missed it?

Anyway...
re: home invasion
to me that term tells me that a suspect or suspects have entered a home. From what we have been told there is nothing to support this.

I am wondering if it is a mistake on the part of the operator taking the call or misunderstanding what happened. I work in the field and what people say and what really happened are sometimes two different things. If an operator is inexperienced they may not be able to use proper questioning techniques to get to the bottom of the story.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 01:49 PM
yeah... I heard about that... what I am really interested in hearing is about a four hour break in the search... I had not heard that yesterday... ((only about the road blocks but it seemed from will tweets that the woods search was going on at the same time???))

HLN just had a bit on it. Nothing new. "Friends & family defending brother" & the reward is up to eighty thousand dollars.

marlalouise
04-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Hopefully I post this correctly - been a long time since I've been around.

I've been trying to catch up, but there's a lot of info...when looking at the map where the 'warm' vehicle was found and a map of the TBI SOR search...seems very close to me. Has anyone else noticed this? Have all of these guys been checked out?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

and this one...

611 Swan Johnson Rd, Darden, TN 38328

LuLa
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry...I got sidetracked and when I went back to read, the thread was closed, so I did answer it above. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask..:)

Thanks for responding. I'm going to put it off as the dispatcher not knowing what she was doing, unless the brother made it sound like a home invasion.

concentric
04-20-2011, 01:52 PM
see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...

I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences).
-----------------
Wow Carla, was it you who defended yourself resulting in the consequences?

I had a stalker once. It was intregal to forming PTSD. This person lived in the same apartment building and would leave "presents" at my door, follow me around, and talk in the hallway that he was going to kill me. Not fun, on top of everything else. Couldn't move because I couldn't get out of my lease and had no money. LE said I had no case. Finally got away from there.

norest4thewicked
04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Another thing that I would like to throw out there for people to think about. I am married to an investigator/city security manager of a large metropolitan area. When we were first married we would constantly talk about crime cases (we still do) and he told me one thing that will always stay in my mind and has been a great relief to me to think of when I've been so rattled by all of these cases. I would always say, "Why would someone do this or that?" He said, "You can't possibly understand it or think the way that these murderers do because you do not have that kind of mind." I've never forgotten this and no matter how good I am at spotting clues and reading through BS to get to the actual truth of a case, there really is no way that those of us who are regular thinking people can go there. He repeats this to me whenever I get all caught up in a case. He said it to me just last night again. It's so frustrating, but its true.

Emma Peel
04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Thoughts re: 911 calls being made public.

The investigation can put a kabosh on releasing 911 calls for as long as they feel it benefits the investigation to do so.

Along the same lines:

News outlets have a vested interest in cooperating with LE's request not to publish certain sensitive information regarding ongoing investigations. The interest being - LE will continue to work with the press on this and other investigations, but not if news outlets ignore LE requests regarding sensitive investigation information.

If you think about what's best for the victim, the family, the integrity of the investigation, and the ability for the victims to see justice prevail in the courts ... This is the way it should be.

WS Tip: When I run out of flat walls to bang my head on in one room, I move to the next room and call the sheet rock repair dudes. :banghead: :banghead:

JMHO. :cow:

norest4thewicked
04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
re: 911 call
I am surprised the media has not gotten a hold of it yet or have they and I missed it?

Anyway...
re: home invasion
to me that term tells me that a suspect or suspects have entered a home. From what we have been told there is nothing to support this.

I am wondering if it is a mistake on the part of the operator taking the call or misunderstanding what happened. I work in the field and what people say and what really happened are sometimes two different things. If an operator is inexperienced they may not be able to use proper questioning techniques to get to the bottom of the story.

K-mouse...I explained this on the first page of this thread. Just FYI...:)

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm going to go with norest4 on the 911 call. Those calls have to be tagged in some way in order to go through. Sort of like when you go to the hospital ER and they ask you for you rMAIN complaint, and then everything else goes in the notes. You may have multiple symptoms to report, but they have to pick one as the reason for your visit. 911 has to pick one reported thing as the reason for your call.

If the brother was upset when he called 911, as he likely was, I can see him saying things like "her car is still here" "there's blood on the floor" "this guy took her into the woods, all she was doing was walking outside to get in the car". Distressed people don't always make the best reporters, and if he said something that led the operator to believe that she was in the house, then next time he saw her she was being led to the woods, that would likely go up as a home invasion. or if the operator asked directly if the man came in the house, the brother is flustered and gives one of those "yes, no, i don't know" answers, it may have gone in as a home invasion in case the brother were about to be attacked, and also to advise the use of officer caution.

KMouse
04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
K-mouse...I explained this on the first page of this thread. Just FYI...:)

Sorry, this thread has been a busy one and it has been hard to keep up. I usually go to the last post and work back from there.

concentric
04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
WS Tip: When I run out of flat walls to bang my head on in one room, I move to the next room and call the sheet rock repair dudes. :banghead: :banghead:

JMHO. :cow:

Haaaaa!

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Another thing that I would like to throw out there for people to think about. I am married to an investigator/city security manager of a large metropolitan area. When we were first married we would constantly talk about crime cases (we still do) and he told me one thing that will always stay in my mind and has been a great relief to me to think of when I've been so rattled by all of these cases. I would always say, "Why would someone do this or that?" He said, "You can't possibly understand it or think the way that these murderers do because you do not have that kind of mind." I've never forgotten this and no matter how good I am at spotting clues and reading through BS to get to the actual truth of a case, there really is no way that those of us who are regular thinking people can go there. He repeats this to me whenever I get all caught up in a case. He said it to me just last night again. It's so frustrating, but its true.
this is soooo very true.

I will never forget the Groene case/Jet Duncan. At first everyone thought it just had to be a local that knew the area... Lot of lessons learned in that case the hard way.

cocomod
04-20-2011, 02:01 PM

She has over 600 "friends" on her profile. I do not believe that she was intimately "friends" with all of them. I do believe that there could be someone dangerous hidden in that many people. JHHO

kaik26
04-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone from Franklin, TN!
Been reading for a while but new to posting.
Perhaps it was reported as a home invasion initially because the brother thought Holly was still indoors and after seeing her "led" into the woods (thinking also initially it was her boyfriend)...after the discovery of the blood called 911 and said Holly was "taken from the home" maybe slightly embellishing due to his fear and worry...so it was reported as a home invasion. Maybe?
:banghead:
This case is killing me! I can't stop reading and listening to the scanner!
I really really hope she is found soon. :sigh:

Kai

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences).
-----------------
Wow Carla, was it you who defended yourself resulting in the consequences?

I had a stalker once. It was intregal to forming PTSD. This person lived in the same apartment building and would leave "presents" at my door, follow me around, and talk in the hallway that he was going to kill me. Not fun, on top of everything else. Couldn't move because I couldn't get out of my lease and had no money. LE said I had no case. Finally got away from there.

when I was younger my sister and i were assaulted in our home by someone with a fixation. in the end i got ptsd, some disabilities, 10 years of nitemares. But it also makes me attracted to cases now and then. Eve Carson, Anne Pressly, Holly Bobo. I just feel a connection... I am glad you got away from that. For better or worse I try to use my experiences to figure stuff out and it helps me feel more productive or useful I guess. If I could go to TN I'd be there now just to do anything to help. I suppose some of it is survivors guilt too. I'd swap places with Holly in a heartbeat.

But, back to the story at hand... the lastest on Holly from CNN (nothing new sadly)

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/19/tennessee.missing.woman/index.html?eref=rss_crime

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
as an FYI if people have trouble listening to scanners online or are away from the WS scanner page, there are several scanner ipad/ipod aps, including free or lite versions that will allow you to listen to the specific ones people cite here. I will mention this next time I go to the scanner page too.

LuLa
I disagree with the person that posted a polygraph isnt necessary. This case should be handled like all others. LE deals with the family, then work their way out to others. A polygraph should have been given to at least the brother, since he's the last to see Holly. I hope the person that spoke on Nancy Grace last night was right, that he's been given one & passed.

norest4thewicked
Sorry, this thread has been a busy one and it has been hard to keep up. I usually go to the last post and work back from there.

I know...it definitely is hard to keep up on! I understand!:banghead:

norest4thewicked
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Hey everyone from Franklin, TN!
Been reading for a while but new to posting.
Perhaps it was reported as a home invasion initially because the brother thought Holly was still indoors and after seeing her "led" into the woods (thinking also initially it was her boyfriend)...after the discovery of the blood called 911 and said Holly was "taken from the home" maybe slightly embellishing due to his fear and worry...so it was reported as a home invasion. Maybe?
:banghead:
This case is killing me! I can't stop reading and listening to the scanner!
I really really hope she is found soon. :sigh:

Kai

Hey there Kai! I used to live in Franklin and am now just up 65 a ways...Welcome to WS...you will love it here!

Mick
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
What's that contact number for TBI? I want to be sure they have my input direct from me....anyone have it handy?

mrtabby
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
'Morning all (Ca time that is...) I still say I hope LE has compared the duct tape to any tape that may be at the home (as in the Casey Anthony case)....

kaik26
Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! I think I will love it, love me some brainstorming! Although this case has me befuddled! I wish I could get over that way and help, I've got a little one though, makes it tough. Look forward to getting to know and working with you all! :greetings:

SweetSkit
I thought it was for weather reasons. Maybe I missed something. Or maybe this is just another intentionally sensational but largely meaningless sound bite.

They did say weather but the forecast was for late storms and sure enough they didn't get here until late. They could have been out there searching - No problem.

Just like tomorrow is a "rest" day...Those people don't wanna rest until Holly is home. I read that they are asking for volunteers in the thousands this weekend again but I have a feeling some revelation is coming between today and tomorrow...IMHOO

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
What's that contact number for TBI? I want to be sure they have my input direct from me....anyone have it handy?
1-800-tbi-find

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I disagree with the person that posted a polygraph isnt necessary. This case should be handled like all others. LE deals with the family, then work their way out to others. A polygraph should have been given to at least the brother, since he's the last to see Holly. I hope the person that spoke on Nancy Grace last night was right, that he's been given one & passed.

But if you look at other missing adult cases, how often are family poly'ed, even if they were the last ones to see the missing person? Not often. In this case, due to my own assumptions of the familys grief, I would see it being counterproductive. If the brother took and passed, more power to him, but if he did not, i don't see it meaning anything except that he likely does carry a great deal of guilt, not due to involvement, but due to being the person that saw her led away and thought everything was alright. He's her big brother, and I can only imagine how one of my brother's would feel if they saw me talking or walking with someone and discounted it as a normal occurrence...and then found blood in the driveway and realized what had just happened. I pity him and I hope that he can find peace with the whole situation.

concentric
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
1-800-tbi-find

Tennessee law enforcement authorities ask anyone with information on Bobo's disappearance to call their tip line on: 1 800 TBI FIND (824 3463).

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/18/national/main20054812.shtml

SuziQ
04-20-2011, 02:22 PM

I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Of course look at all the polygraph mumbo jumbo in the Haleigh Cummings case. Misty took one and supposedly failed although she claimed she passed. Weeks and months dragged on. I think she took and failed two or three polygraph tests. In the end she got nabbed on unrelated charges so the polygraph stuff doesnt seem to have been of any real use. It didnt sway LE any closer to believing she was involved.

Mick
04-20-2011, 02:25 PM
1-800-tbi-find begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-800-tbi-find******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-800-tbi-find******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Thanks, NurseBeeMe...good morning!! And good morning to my fellow Californian, and everyone else as well!!
:great:

SuziQ
04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Of course look at all the polygraph mumbo jumbo in the Haleigh Cummings case. Misty took one and supposedly failed although she claimed she passed. Weeks and months dragged on. I think she took and failed two or three polygraph tests. In the end she got nabbed on unrelated charges so the polygraph stuff doesnt seem to have been of any real use. It didnt sway LE any closer to believing she was involved.

BBM. IMO, it absolutely did. But poly results are not anything LE can use in court. At best it's an investigative tool.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:29 PM
BBM. IMO, it absolutely did. But poly results are not anything LE can use in court. At best it's an investigative tool.

thats true. was just reading about a guy who passed a test totally but was still convicted of murder. So im not sure ruling people in or out is really possible even with a poly

concentric
04-20-2011, 02:29 PM
I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

That is a very good question.

I like these sequence of events questions lately. There were some other ones. One that I asked early on that has been repeated is:

What was the last place Holly was at before she went home?

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:31 PM
newest article (today) by Levi Page

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nashville/roadblocks-set-up-search-for-holly-bobo

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM

The way I understand it by listening to the TBI investigator (and this is only my understanding) is that they never should have been said to be suspects, in any manner, the word eyewitness should have been used from the beginning. The same with the boyfriend, although I can't for the life of me figure out how he is a witness if he wan't there. I think it's sort of like saying that she was "dragged" into the woods. I don't beleive they were ever cleared as suspects, because this is one of those cases where no one is a suspect, yet everyone is a suspect, KWIM? The media is taking one statement at a time, from what I have seen, instead of taking all the statements as a sum total.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
But if you look at other missing adult cases, how often are family poly'ed, even if they were the last ones to see the missing person? Not often. In this case, due to my own assumptions of the familys grief, I would see it being counterproductive. If the brother took and passed, more power to him, but if he did not, i don't see it meaning anything except that he likely does carry a great deal of guilt, not due to involvement, but due to being the person that saw her led away and thought everything was alright. He's her big brother, and I can only imagine how one of my brother's would feel if they saw me talking or walking with someone and discounted it as a normal occurrence...and then found blood in the driveway and realized what had just happened. I pity him and I hope that he can find peace with the whole situation.

Family members are given polygraphs all the time. It's a great tool used by LE all the time, in the beginnings of an investigation. We will agree to disagree on this. No problems, we just disagree.

SuziQ
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
That is a very good question.

I like these sequence of events questions lately. There were some other ones. One that I asked early on that has been repeated is:

What was the last place Holly was at before she went home?

I've been down for days sick, so I'm trying to catch up. We know that Holly's schedule the day she went missing was different than usual because of the test. Was the time leaving the house different as well? Who would know that changed?

Mick
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Ok, nice chat...job 12 of my 'to do list' 'done'....:)

LuLa
04-20-2011, 02:34 PM

You are right! It kept LE on them, regardless of what they were eventually incarcerated for.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that if you have a question for a mod, please PM a mod. You can also post your questions in our Threadiquette thread here: Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks everyone!

not_my_kids
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=HOLLY

Holly has 253 candles from 5 countries. Let's get that number into the thousands.

Carla Lashelle
I've been down for days sick, so I'm trying to catch up. We know that Holly's schedule the day she went missing was different than usual because of the test. Was the time leaving the house different as well? Who would know that changed?

when i was in college tests were at the same time as normal classes. For example if you had a Monday/Weds class from 9 AM to noon your tests would be on those days.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM

IF polygraphs were given, I would say yes, that's what changed the status. I think LE spoke way too soon when they said people were already ruled out, at the beginning. Big mistake IMO.

norest4thewicked
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Okay...really GOTTA get out of here for a bit...my eyes are burning! I hope I come back to Holly being found! Bye everyone!

jadejazzkayla
04-20-2011, 02:38 PM
thats true. was just reading about a guy who passed a test totally but was still convicted of murder. So im not sure ruling people in or out is really possible even with a poly

that is terrible. hopefully it had a happy ending like maybe the innocence project people took up his case and he was exonerated.

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 02:39 PM

(((((Q))))))) hope you feel better friend!:seeya:

I have seen reported that she was in clinicals... so yes... test taking day would be a different time leaving the house... clinicals normally start at the start of the normal hospital shift.. which means leaving the house much earlier.

leads me to believe someone was either: (moo)

1)watching her
2)knew her schedule
3)happened upon her

concentric
04-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Ok, nice chat...job 12 of my 'to do list' 'done'....:)

'done' - Is Nationwide on your side?

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 02:40 PM
The search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo resumed today in Decatur and surrounding counties with about 200 volunteers reporting to the Decatur County Fairgrounds, where volunteer search teams are being organized.

Investigators have not reported any new leads today. They said a news conference will only be held if there are developments to report.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110420/NEWS01/110420009/Search-Holly-Bobo-continues-no-news-conference-planned-today-unless-there-new-developments?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
that is terrible. hopefully it had a happy ending like maybe the innocence project people took up his case and he was exonerated.

I don't know... witnesses put him at the scene, including an FBI agent working another case, and there was forensic evidence etc. Since polygraph tests are not admissible in court anyway I dont think it matters whether you pass or fail one. He passed but was found guilty by a jury in 5 hours of deliberation.

my point in mentioning this is that yeah he was given a test and passed but he was still guilty!

liltexans
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't know... witnesses put him at the scene, including an FBI agent working another case, and there was forensic evidence etc. Since polygraph tests are not admissible in court anyway I dont think it matters whether you pass or fail one. He passed but was found guilty by a jury in 5 hours of deliberation.

my point in mentioning this is that yeah he was given a test and passed but he was still guilty!

I agree with you, Carla. Ted Bundy reportedly passed more than one polygraph and we all know he wasn't innocent.

Conquer1
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
(((((Q))))))) hope you feel better friend!:seeya:

I have seen reported that she was in clinicals... so yes... test taking day would be a different time leaving the house... clinicals normally start at the start of the normal hospital shift.. which means leaving the house much earlier.

leads me to believe someone was either: (moo)

1)watching her
2)knew her schedule
3)happened upon her

I don't for a second believe someone happened upon her.

How do we know that she had clinicals that day? Did LE release this in a presser?

Who could have known before that day? Could she have posted it in a FB status update?

SuziQ
04-20-2011, 02:49 PM
The way I understand it by listening to the TBI investigator (and this is only my understanding) is that they never should have been said to be suspects, in any manner, the word eyewitness should have been used from the beginning. The same with the boyfriend, although I can't for the life of me figure out how he is a witness if he wan't there. I think it's sort of like saying that she was "dragged" into the woods. I don't beleive they were ever cleared as suspects, because this is one of those cases where no one is a suspect, yet everyone is a suspect, KWIM? The media is taking one statement at a time, from what I have seen, instead of taking all the statements as a sum total.

I can only go by what LE has said. That's the closest to facts we have so far. Let me add this though. LE was probably only asked the first time around specifically about the BF and brother's status. What I'm trying to say is that LE may have made that cleared statement about numerous people had they been asked. Numerous people could have been given polys and now no one is ruled out. I don't want anyone to think I'm pointing the finger specifically at anyone. But I would give my right arm to know who all was poly'd and what the results were.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I agree with you, Carla. Ted Bundy reportedly passed more than one polygraph and we all know he wasn't innocent.

LE is well aware that polygraphs arent the gospel, as far as getting the truth out of people. It's only an investigative tool, & they can't be used at trial, thank goodness.

jadejazzkayla
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM

oh. I read your post as he was innocent and the jury found him guilty. i wouldn't trust anyone's answer regarding failing or passing a poly.

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't for a second believe someone happened upon her.

How do we know that she had clinicals that day? Did LE release this in a presser?

Who could have known before that day? Could she have posted it in a FB status update?

1) happened upon her: I was throwing this out as a possibility. At this point I don't see how anything is out of the realm of possibility

2) clinicals were reported in the main stream media... that is that she was in the clinical portion of the program. I do not have a link handy. It was not stated in a presser that I recall.

3)as to who could have known she had a test/her schedule... not sure but the possibilities are endless including someone (even a stranger.. we just do not know) casing the house

jmhoo

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Surprisingly, the story for the case on AMW is one of those goofy ones. I am surprised actually that AMW has such bad and downright wrong info. Especially since it was updated a couple days ago. I can see having some incorrect stuff the first day or two... but a week later???

From AMW... "Cops say Holly may have been abducted from her home during a home invasion in Decatur County, Tenn. at about 7:30 a.m. She was last seen by a family member who said she was being dragged by a man across the carport at her home, according to police." A WEEK LATER THEY STILL HAVE THIS UP ???

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=77784

LuLa
04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
I can only go by what LE has said. That's the closest to facts we have so far. Let me add this though. LE was probably only asked the first time around specifically about the BF and brother's status. What I'm trying to say is that LE may have made that cleared statement about numerous people had they been asked. Numerous people could have been given polys and now no one is ruled out. I don't want anyone to think I'm pointing the finger specifically at anyone. But I would give my right arm to know who all was poly'd and what the results were.

bbm

No one should think that. You stated yourself extremely well.

I'd give my right arm also, for the same)

Mick
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=HOLLY

Holly has 253 candles from 5 countries. Let's get that number into the thousands.

Ok, I lit one...think I'll light a real one here too. That feels like the right thing to do. Maybe some incense too. Amen

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM

Me too, on both counts. I would love to know who, if anyone has actually taken the test, and what the results were, even though I believe poly's to be junk science for the most part. The TBI Investigator is the one that said suspect was the wrong word, and they should have been referred to as eyewitnesses. So that's what I'm going with. I will have to go back a couple threads to bring up his statements, as the GMA vids have now been pulled down or simply do not play. (Which is enough to make me go hmmmm. But that's why I transcribe.)

wfgodot
04-20-2011, 03:05 PM
2) clinicals were reported in the main stream media... that is that she was in the clinical portion of the program. I do not have a link handy. It was not stated in a presser that I recall.

Not sure if she was in the process of leaving for a clinical (i.e., at a hospital or care home etc.), or going to classes:

McCoy said Bobo had already begun her clinical training program at local hospitals

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j1J8bgBRmEirHagfKa62U7EWMiBA?docId=9cec4d445 c4b471e806883ad987f1815
and

At the time of her disappearance, Bobo was preparing to leave for classes for her nursing clinical training program.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/17/hundreds-search-tennessee-woods-for-missing-nursing-student/

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Did LE say certain people were cleared from off the bat, or was that just erroneous reporting? I'm trying to figure out if the status really did change or whether people were given wrong information initially.

hinman
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Did LE say certain people were cleared from off the bat, or was that just erroneous reporting? I'm trying to figure out if the status really did change or whether people were given wrong information initially.
One agency cleared people and another agency stepped in an uncleared people. Hope that makes sense.

hinman
04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I went to LPN school and when we had a test we would report to the school for the test. We did not have clinicals every day. We had them twice a week.

53chevygirl
I've been lurking at WS for MONTHS now, decided to join today. I've been following this case from the beginning. This story is just heartbreaking.

On to my point: It looks as though the BF is active in searches every day, with his family, according to the FB page of his brother. So, to me it would speak loudly that if the BF's brother is talking, but the BF is silent, that LE has asked him to keep his mouth shut.

BTW :seeya:

SuziQ
Did LE say certain people were cleared from off the bat, or was that just erroneous reporting?

I don't remember specific quote marks. Could be bad reporting. Will have to go back and check.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
"Well, I don't think it's changed. I think obviously uh, both of those people would have been witnesses, especially her brother, uh, being the person that last saw her, uh, but I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this investigation. Uh, so I don't know that they were ever considered suspects, more probably witnesses, uh, but at this point, it's too early in the investigation to clear anyone."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42648235/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

This is Gwyn's statement. This is why I don't think they have been referred to as cleared, because they never should have been called suspects, per his own statement. Another thing that I wonder about...maybe the local LE (sheriff) has begun clearing people for their own records, but TBI has not. They are working together, but not neccesarily all on the same page? (That's a scary thought, considering.)

imamaze
04-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Can we still discuss the public info on her page? For example, her wall is locked, we can't discuss that, because we can't see it unless someone is using a special program, but her info, such as work, school, liked pages and that, is all public. Can we still discuss those things?

Sorry, to be a PITA.

Good question NMK! I don't know lol. I'm asking and will let you know. :-)

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't remember specific quote marks. Could be bad reporting. Will have to go back and check.

initially they were 100% cleared.
"The boyfriend is not a suspect. The brother is not a suspect," Mehr said. "We are confident of that."
4/16/2011
http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2011/apr/16/clues-emerge-tenn-abduction-no-sign-woman/

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Not sure if she was in the process of leaving for a clinical (i.e., at a hospital or care home etc.), or going to classes:

and

Bobo was on her way to campus to take a test when she was taken.

McCoy said Bobo had already begun her clinical training program at local hospitals. He called her a natural nurse, soothing and gentle with the sick.
"She was so good with the patients," McCoy said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42622647/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

cluciano63
04-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I think it would be rash for any LE to say people are cleared when there has not been even one POI identified; it doesn't mean that everyone is a suspect or POI, just that no one can be considered 100% cleared at this point.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 03:17 PM
One agency cleared people and another agency stepped in an uncleared people. Hope that makes sense.

Yes, it does. I thought it was kinda cray cray saying anything about people being cleared in the first 24 hours. I mean, come on.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Quick question, I keep getting an error message on some of the Good Morning America vids related to Holly and others that just won't play, even though no error message.

Can someone else check real quick and see if they load or if they were pulled down? TIA

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/search-underway-tennessee-woman-13389410
the other vids are linked at bottom of page.

(ETA: I'm asking cuz it could be my internet connection. 5 wireless devices, and 1 poor overworked router, it's about to just go on strike today, so it could be me.)

SuziQ
04-20-2011, 03:18 PM
initially they were 100% cleared.
"The boyfriend is not a suspect. The brother is not a suspect," Mehr said. "We are confident of that."
4/16/2011
http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2011/apr/16/clues-emerge-tenn-abduction-no-sign-woman/

Thank you for posting these and saving me from searching!

tfrohning
04-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said investigators checked out a man arrested on charges of stalking two Jackson women and found no connection to Bobo's case.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110420/NEWS25/104200313

I guess this answer one of my question on this guy for now

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110418/NEWS01/110418037/Registered-sex-offender-charged-stalking-two-women-Jackson?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

hinman
04-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Quick question, I keep getting an error message on some of the Good Morning America vids related to Holly and others that just won't play, even though no error message.

Can someone else check real quick and see if they load or if they were pulled down? TIA

Working for me.

Cubby
04-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I've been lurking at WS for MONTHS now, decided to join today. I've been following this case from the beginning. This story is just heartbreaking.

On to my point: It looks as though the BF is active in searches every day, with his family, according to the FB page of his brother. So, to me it would speak loudly that if the BF's brother is talking, but the BF is silent, that LE has asked him to keep his mouth shut.

BTW :seeya:

Welcome to WS 53chevygirl! Glad you joined us!

:welcome:

not_my_kids
No prob. I've got a word document with most of the direct quotes saved. It might still take me a minute to find, but if they said it, I've probably got it.

Nope, no OCD here at all. LOL.

Conquer1
"Well, I don't think it's changed. I think obviously uh, both of those people would have been witnesses, especially her brother, uh, being the person that last saw her, uh, but I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this investigation. Uh, so I don't know that they were ever considered suspects, more probably witnesses, uh, but at this point, it's too early in the investigation to clear anyone."

This is Gwyn's statement. This is why I don't think they have been referred to as cleared, because they never should have been called suspects, per his own statement. Another thing that I wonder about...maybe the local LE (sheriff) has begun clearing people for their own records, but TBI has not. They are working together, but not neccesarily all on the same page? (That's a scary thought, considering.)

TBI director Gwyn a couple of days ago:

"Everybody's a suspect," Gwyn said. "We have not cleared anyone."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS25/104190317/-75K-reward-Holly-Bobo-case

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 03:22 PM
I think it would be rash for any LE to say people are cleared when there has not been even one POI identified; it doesn't mean that everyone is a suspect or POI, just that no one can be considered 100% cleared at this point.

Exactly!!!

Mick
04-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Ok, I'm way out on a limb now...could someone hand me a saw please?

:confused:

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
okay I've been thinking about the semantics in this case (including the change in spokespeople for the tbi):

-in one of the first pressers special agent with tbi clears brother and bf

-next day the whole head of the tbi seems to now have taken the spokesperson role and says no one is cleared and they do not have tunnel vision

(((((just wondering if the special agent spoke too quickly out loud... said too much))))

that being said the retraction of the first statement has led to a lot of speculation that may play into their hands ie: letting the actual perp think he has the upper hand in terms of suspicion.

when is the last time anyone has seen:
-the head of any "bi" ((this case tbi)) be the spokesperson?
-the governor of a state donate 50k to a reward fund

there are lots of things here (operationally) that make me scratch my head and do the 'what-dance'

moo bah quack etc

CuriousBystander
04-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Personally, I wish we could for a moment just leave the brother and the BF alone. I honestly believe that LE believes that they are innocent and not involved with Holly's disappearance. In an effort to help the media understand that no one is beyond suspicion and that they have not wrecklessly disregarded the potential of anyone's involvement, they have stated that no one has been officially "cleared". No member of LE wants egg on their face in the remote possibility that anyone becomes a POI that has been previously stated as "cleared". I check in here periodically and everytime I do, someone is going back and forth on the brother's involvement or the BF's involvement. The fact remains that we have virtually no information regarding anything at all and are at the mercy of LE to keep us informed.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
JUST A REMINDER

No one has gone there yet. But PLEASE remember, as we seem to be circling back around to this topic:

-It's fine to discuss the brother, boyfriend, and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

WS rules - Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Mick
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post

Maybe that's law enforcement's way of giving every one permission to act natural, including the perp, who's nervous system should start to go into overload and self destruct.

Now the perp's nervous system doesn't always melt down, but sometimes it does and they do things that eventually trip themselves up.

Which is of course really cool.

imamaze
NMK... Yes its fine to post about her school etc. that can be seen on her FB. Just no people.

Ima

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS25/104190317/-75K-reward-Holly-Bobo-case

I would like to see the video for that. As I have noticed since I started transcribing vids, there is often a statement made, the whole thing is on video, and for the printed article, the media pulls the statements that they like. Which could be 10 words out of 100.
Unfortunately, I think that's from one of the pressers that I can't find, but I'm off to see if I can't find the whole statement.

JDzWife
04-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Another site packed full of great information:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/holly-bobo/

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 03:34 PM
I wonder if will hear about the blood test results, at least as to whether it is Holly's blood or not. i thought I saw that they have been using their mobile lab, so at least typing if not full DNA, should be done by now. I mainly want to know if the perp hurt her or if she hurt the perp.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 03:37 PM

Thank you. The article's comments are interesting also.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I wonder if will hear about the blood test results, at least as to whether it is Holly's blood or not. i thought I saw that they have been using their mobile lab, so at least typing if not full DNA, should be done by now. I mainly want to know if the perp hurt her or if she hurt the perp.

I wonder how long it will take. The DNA tests that broke the Anne Pressly case took Arkansas 7 months to process.

vjlaw
04-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I noticed in an interview with the father, he mentioned he thought it was someone local who knew when the mother, himself and Holly left. He didn't mention someone knowing the brother's schedule. Was it unusual for the brother to be there? Just to be clear, I don't believe the brother has anything to do with what happened, he's just a witness. If someone local, they didn't know about the brother.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 03:43 PM

(ETA: I'm asking cuz it could be my internet connection. 5 wireless devices, and 1 poor overworked router, it's about to just go on strike today, so it could be me.)

It worked for me.

not_my_kids
I found the interview in which he says everybody is a suspect. THAT IS NOT A DIRECT QUOTE. I will have transcript in up in 15-20 minutes.

amysmom
Ok, I'm way out on a limb now...could someone hand me a saw please?

:confused:

What's the prob Mick?

OldSteve
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Wow! Amazing how many posts since I was here last! Not easy to keep up, but so sad to find nothing really new in finding Holly. So angry at whomever did this!

In cases like these I wonder sometime if LE spends too much time or becomes hindered managing volunteers and searching forests, fields, and land; whereas more resources should be put onto checking a person's neighbors, webpages, social networks, phone records, co-workers/students, etc....
To be sure, I am no way saying anything against the efforts of those who volunteer.
ETA: there is some sophisticated technology that can be used from the air to search for people... I would think having lots of people in the woods etc. might ironically work against this tech stuff.

KR2tonenow
04-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Just jumping in here. Has TBI looked at survelliance of any of Holly's whereabouts/action days prior to her disapperance from convenience stores, gym, or maybe Walmart? It seems to be a pattern of a stalker. Also, definitely her computer and texts for activity from someone who is not close to Holly. Facebook "friends", that sort of thing. The POS knew Holly's habits, and knew the AM was the best time to "grab" her.

Carla Lashelle
As far as I know...

No one's schedules have been definitively reported. Only in general terms do we know who was doing what. There is not one report somewhere that says OK mom left at 7 AM, Holly left at 7:32, Clint was supposed to leave at 8:15, etc. Only rough approximations. Im sure LE knows more but it hasnt been spelled out in any useful way.

I still think the suspect knew clint was home and that is why, instead of stuffing Holly back through the door and inside, he took her away, FAST.

Lots of people who do abductions (or murders) grab someone with people in the house. Look at JonBenet Ramsey, Eliz Smart, Jessica Lundsford... all those people were in their own home with one or more adults present and in the case of Eliz Smart her own sister witnessed the abduction. So knowing people are at home does not seem to be a great deterrant for this kind of crime. I think if Clint had gone outside when the guy was there, he could have been killed, Holly would have still been taken, and there possibly would be even less evidence.

Conquer1
I found the interview in which he says everybody is a suspect. THAT IS NOT A DIRECT QUOTE. I will have transcript in up in 15-20 minutes.

Interesting. Every news source that has it, has it as a direct quote of his.

I can't wait to see what he actually said.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 03:52 PM

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS25/104190317/-75K-reward-Holly-Bobo-case'

Thanks for the link. That's the wisest thing to say anyway.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
I noticed in an interview with the father, he mentioned he thought it was someone local who knew when the mother, himself and Holly left. He didn't mention someone knowing the brother's schedule. Was it unusual for the brother to be there? Just to be clear, I don't believe the brother has anything to do with what happened, he's just a witness. If someone local, they didn't know about the brother.

I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. If the person is local, he didn't know the brother was home. That's if the person had been watching the family prior to this happening.

Conquer1
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
As far as I know...

No one's schedules have been definitively reported. Only in general terms do we know who was doing what. There is not one report somewhere that says OK mom left at 7 AM, Holly left at 7:32, Clint was supposed to leave at 8:15, etc. Only rough approximations. Im sure LE knows more but it hasnt been spelled out in any useful way.

Also, I'm sure in a town that small, most people know where everyone works.

If the perp knew Holly at all, then they knew her mother was a teacher (needs to leave early), and that her father works for a tree service (almost certainly has to leave early). They also would know that Holly is student, and probably wouldn't have to leave before either of her parents.

KR2tonenow
I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. If the person is local, he didn't know the brother was home. That's if the person had been watching the family prior to this happening.

Or this person was not "threatened" by the brother. I saw a pic of Holly's brother and his arm is in a cast and doesn't appear very large. Is there a composite sketch of the "man" leading away Holly? Even the POS's back would help. Size, structure, and height is something.

nursebeeme
http://www.myfitv.com/videos/810258/wsmv-tv4-nashville-vigil-planned-for-holly-bobo

video on todays search

cheko1
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM
We are 4 wheeler enthusuiasts, we love 4 wheeling. That said I can't understand why LE hasn't given out the info if a 4 wheeler was used in the woods. Tire tracks or beaten down paths would of been seen. Unless there was a 4 wheeler trail in that vicinity does anyone know?

Conquer1
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
'

Thanks for the link. That's the wisest thing to say anyway.

Sure. No problem.

not_my_kids says that it's not a direct quote, though. She'll be putting up the transcription shortly.

amysmom
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
I wonder how long it will take. The DNA tests that broke the Anne Pressly case took Arkansas 7 months to process.

I'm almost done reading the Christa Worthington rape/murder case in Truro, Cape Cod..In 2002 it took 3 yrs to get the DNA results..That's how backed up they were in MA at the time..It led directly to the perp who got convicted but it ruined a lot of lives of other ppl waiting to be cleared..The perp turned out to be the 'trash collector' who wasn't really even on LE's radar but they asked for DNA sample from any & all males who had the slightest contact with the victim..They all gave it willingly..My guess is the perp either didn't understand DNA or thought he'd look suspicious if he didn't comply..If that was the case I'm surprised he didn't skip town. :waitasec:

LuLa
04-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Or this person was not "threatened" by the brother. I saw a pic of Holly's brother and his arm is in a cast and doesn't appear very large. Is there a composite sketch of the "man" leading away Holly? Even the POS's back would help. Size, structure, and height is something.

bbm

That's a possibility.

I finished reading an article. It seems as though there wasn't much blood. Not enough to make one think someone was bleeding all over the place.

TBI Director Mark Gwyn said. "We did find blood at the scene, but not enough to lead us to believe that it was a life-threatening injury, so we've got to just hope and pray that she is still alive."

scorekeeper
53Chevygirl,

So glad you joined......glad to have you.......happy posting:greetings:

:welcome::welcome4::fireworks2:

score

not_my_kids
4/18/2011

Reporter asks where investigation is headed on Day 5.
Gwyn:
“Well, we have over 250 leads, um, that we’re looking at. Uh, we also have a good bit of evidence that’s being analyzed at the TBI crime lab right now, and we’ve also engaged the community, uh, and asked for their support and their help. Uh, so I think we’re on the right track. Uh, it’s just gonna take for something to come in, uh, and really take us to the next level in the investigation.”
Reporter asks about conflicting reports that she was dragged to woods or walked to woods.
Gwyn:
“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods. Uh, as far as the suspects, uh, we have not eliminated anyone, um, from this investigation. Uh, obviously there are people that are, that we feel are witnesses, and we’ve treated as such, uh, but we have not eliminated anyone, and that’s why we ask the community to really look amongst themselves. Uh, this is a very rural area, a very wooded area, and someone would have had to known how to navigate around the area. Uh, either a hunter or a resident or something of that nature in order to be able to, uh, in order to enter and exit, uh, like they did.”
Reporter asks if that means that brother and bf are still suspects:
Gwyn:
“There is nobody been ruled out of this investigation. We have not, uh, got tunnel vision, uh, and, and, ruled anybody out. Uh, everybody, at this point, based on the su-, evidence that we have, based on the leads that we have, could potentially be a subject.
Reporter asks if varying eyewitness testimonies affect the chances of finding Holly:
Gwyn:
“Well, you know, obviously, we would like to have, um, uh, s-, all of your witnesses and eyewitnesses give you the same story, in a perfect world. But that rarely happens, so, basically what you have to do is take all your evidence, collect it, analyze it, and you’ve got to take the evidence, where, uh, you’ve got to take the investigation where the evidence is going to lead you.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7363113n&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CBSNewsVideo+(News+Video%3A+C BSNews.com)

And this is why I say beware the sound bite. And I would like to add, even here, where the media has reported his statement as "everyone could be a suspect," that is not even the word that he used. He used the word "subject"...not a lot of difference, but it does make me wonder if maybe our reliable mass media doesn't sometimes hear what they want to hear.

vjlaw

I thought it a little odd that Holly's father would leave out the brother when saying he thought it was someone local and knew the schedules of mother, father and Holly. Could be several reasons. Maybe brother is not employed right now and doesn't leave at regular times. Just made me curious.

cluciano63
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I think it is almost safe to say that no one from the town has been missing this full week along with Holly, at least no one that anyone knows about including LE, as wouldn't there be good reason to put out a BOLO on a person if they vanished the same day as Holly, and could not be located?

Of course this could be someone who lives alone in a trailer on a remote piece of land and no one knows that he is not around, which could mean the perp is still with Holly. But it seems far more likely that if this was a true local, he came and went the same day, and Holly must be out there somewhere, not being transported across state line after state line.

I honestly don't think LE is playing games with the perp right now, I think they are truly at a loss as to what happened to Holly and maybe they have a person or two they are keeping an eye on, due to possible motive, but motive alone isn't going to get them anywhere.

cheko1
04-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Whoever took her probably has a portable scanner knowing LE's every move!

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 04:05 PM
We are 4 wheeler enthusuiasts, we love 4 wheeling. That said I can't understand why LE hasn't given out the info if a 4 wheeler was used in the woods. Tire tracks or beaten down paths would of been seen. Unless there was a 4 wheeler trail in that vicinity does anyone know?

All they have asked is for people to report suspicious washing of cars or ATVs. I would think there are trails around there but also the heavy rains the next few days would have washed away fresh tire marks from anything.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Her brother has a gun or guns correct? I think I read about him being a hunter. IDK .

I remember the case of murderer Larry Gene Bell when he grabbed Shari Faye Smith in the afternoon right at the end of her parents driveway as she got out of her car to check the mail before driving up the long driveway to her parents house.
Shari's sister Dawn was looking out of the kitchen window and saw Shari get out of her car to check the mail, Dawn turned to do something, looked back out the window a few minutes later and saw Shari's car with the drivers door still open at the end of the driveway, but her sister was gone with mail all over the ground.
It happened that fast, and no witnesses of the abduction.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I thought it a little odd that Holly's father would leave out the brother when saying he thought it was someone local and knew the schedules of mother, father and Holly. Could be several reasons. Maybe brother is not employed right now and doesn't leave at regular times. Just made me curious.

I saw that interview, but until you mentioned it I hadn't thought anything of it. It is curious, especially since he mentioned each person, instead of saying "the family's schedule". I agree could be several reasons though.

mahmoo
04-20-2011, 04:10 PM
This is the article about the other woman nearly kidnapped at 5:30 am. while trying to get into her car, at her own home.. She lived 45 miles away in Centerville. Her boyfriend heard her drop a latern and yelled out to her, which scared the man away... Happened in mid Jan.. chilling
Thanks for this link frog!!! Something interesting in the article, besides what you've stated already, which REALLY caught my eye:

Sullivan, a 31-year-old business student.....

Wonder where she's a student at???

tfrohning
04-20-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm almost done reading the Christa Worthington rape/murder case in Truro, Cape Cod..In 2002 it took 3 yrs to get the DNA results..That's how backed up they were in MA at the time..It led directly to the perp who got convicted but it ruined a lot of lives of other ppl waiting to be cleared..The perp turned out to be the 'trash collector' who wasn't really even on LE's radar but they asked for DNA sample from any & all males who had the slightest contact with the victim..They all gave it willingly..My guess is the perp either didn't understand DNA or thought he'd look suspicious if he didn't comply..If that was the case I'm surprised he didn't skip town. :waitasec:

OT I follow that case and watch the trial on court tv. I think he was one of first to give DNA.

Case that are like this need to be priority

cheko1
04-20-2011, 04:12 PM
All they have asked is for people to report suspicious washing of cars or ATVs. I would think there are trails around there but also the heavy rains the next few days would have washed away fresh tire marks from anything.

Yes I thought about that too, but the broken branches & trampled weeds from a wheeler are pretty distinctive. Sounds like torrential rains would of wiped alot of it out.

Mick
04-20-2011, 04:15 PM

I don't do Facebook or any of the other social boards...have worked too many controversial issues and gotten too many threats from them, so I can't have people able to associate me with my friends and family.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 04:16 PM

I think people read too much into these statements. Lingering on every word looking for meaning and hidden meaning. When the father made that statement he was probably there with his wife. He said the most direct thing... he knew when she went and when I went, and of course he would mention Holly since she was missing.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
4/18/2011

Gwyn:
“Well, we have over 250 leads, um, that we’re looking at. Uh, we also have a good bit of evidence that’s being analyzed at the TBI crime lab right now, and we’ve also engaged the community, uh, and asked for their support and their help. Uh, so I think we’re on the right track. Uh, it’s just gonna take for something to come in, uh, and really take us to the next level in the investigation.”
Reporter asks about conflicting reports that she was dragged to woods or walked to woods.
Gwyn:
“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods. Uh, as far as the suspects, uh, we have not eliminated anyone, um, from this investigation. Uh, obviously there are people that are, that we feel are witnesses, and we’ve treated as such, uh, but we have not eliminated anyone, and that’s why we ask the community to really look amongst themselves. Uh, this is a very rural area, a very wooded area, and someone would have had to known how to navigate around the area. Uh, either a hunter or a resident or something of that nature in order to be able to, uh, in order to enter and exit, uh, like they did.”
Reporter asks if that means that brother and bf are still suspects:
Gwyn:
“There is nobody been ruled out of this investigation. We have not, uh, got tunnel vision, uh, and, and, ruled anybody out. Uh, everybody, at this point, based on the su-, evidence that we have, based on the leads that we have, could potentially be a subject.
Reporter asks if varying eyewitness testimonies affect the chances of finding Holly:
Gwyn:
“Well, you know, obviously, we would like to have, um, uh, s-, all of your witnesses and eyewitnesses give you the same story, in a perfect world. But that rarely happens, so, basically what you have to do is take all your evidence, collect it, analyze it, and you’ve got to take the evidence, where, uh, you’ve got to take the investigation where the evidence is going to lead you.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7363113n&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CBSNewsVideo+(News+Video%3A+C BSNews.com)

And this is why I say beware the sound bite. And I would like to add, even here, where the media has reported his statement as "everyone could be a suspect," that is not even the word that he used. He used the word "subject"...not a lot of difference, but it does make me wonder if maybe our reliable mass media doesn't sometimes hear what they want to hear.

Yea but he's basically saying nobody has been ruled out as a suspect. That's the question he was asked, and he answered "nobody has been ruled out."
It's just semantics we're talking about at this point. Most LE, if smart, takes this stance especially in the media, because they can't be accused of having tunnel vision in one direction or another.
He wants the media to know they have their eyes and minds open to all and any possibilities.
Privately though who knows what is really going on in their war room.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't do Facebook or any of the other social boards...have worked too many controversial issues and gotten too many threats from them, so I can't have people able to associate me with my friends and family.

same here which is why I am just careful. I have an old life/lifestyle and my new life and in real life I try to seperate them as much as possible. FB is actually the only way I can sort of mix it up because I can control who sees what and who gets let in wether they know me from my old life or now. I think of my 80 friends only 2 are from my past.

But I see people posting wayyyyyyyyyy too much info on there about themselves that just anyone could see.

vjlaw
04-20-2011, 04:21 PM
In the transcription by NMK, Gwyn mentioned the entry and exit of the perp. Sounds like they are pretty sure where the perp did enter and exit the woods.

Eileen730
04-20-2011, 04:21 PM

A candlelight vigil will be held at 7:30 tonight at the Decatur County Fairgrounds.

Thursday is planned as a day of rest for volunteers, so that they can come back at full force Friday and over the weekend. Law enforcement said they can handle thousands of volunteers this weekend to help with the search.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110420/NEWS01/110420009/Search-Holly-Bobo-continues-no-news-conference-planned-today-unless-there-new-developments

A DAY OF REST!!!!! Id be out looking anyway! How can ya rest with this young lady out there? JMO

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 04:22 PM
In the transcription by NMK, Gwyn mentioned the entry and exit of the perp. Sounds like they are pretty sure where the perp did enter and exit the woods.

That's almost how it struck me, is like they know the entry and exit point, even if they don't know the exact mode of transportation. I certainly hope they do know.

Carla Lashelle
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Ok WS friends, time to do some things for a bit. Thank you everyone for the good ideas !

L

vjlaw
04-20-2011, 04:24 PM
I think people read too much into these statements. Lingering on every word looking for meaning and hidden meaning. When the father made that statement he was probably there with his wife. He said the most direct thing... he knew when she went and when I went, and of course he would mention Holly since she was missing.

Well, if the son is there all the time, I wouldn't think a parent would leave out the child that is a witness. Still makes me curious since the father is the one thinking it is someone local. Knowing the schedule of the family members is something LE would be doing.

YellowDog
04-20-2011, 04:24 PM
This could so easily be someone who lives close by who took Holly to his home and has been "holed up" there ever since the 13th. I think of those lunatics who put their victims in secret rooms in their house or in their basements and keep them for extended periods of time. I wish, if they haven't already done so, they would bring in bloodhounds who could get her scent from clothing and take them out into the woods and surrounding areas. I noticed on those maps what looks like a lake nearby. Could the kidnapper have stashed a small boat there and taken her across the lake by water to lose the scent?

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 04:25 PM
A DAY OF REST!!!!! Id be out looking anyway! How can ya rest with this young lady out there? JMO

It'll be a day of rest for civilian searchers anyway. They have had searchers literally passing out from lack of rest and refusing to stop. They have to.

CHARLISA
04-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for this link frog!!! Something interesting in the article, besides what you've stated already, which REALLY caught my eye:

I looked her up and she isn't/wasn't at the same school as Holly.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Yea but he's basically saying nobody has been ruled out as a suspect. That's the question he was asked, and he answered "nobody has been ruled out."
It's just semantics we're talking about at this point. Most LE, if smart, takes this stance especially in the media, because they can't be accused of having tunnel vision in one direction or another.
He wants the media to know they have their eyes and minds open to all and any possibilities.
Privately though who knows what is really going on in their war room.

You summed this up perfectly.

YellowDog
04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
same here which is why I am just careful. I have an old life/lifestyle and my new life and in real life I try to seperate them as much as possible. FB is actually the only way I can sort of mix it up because I can control who sees what and who gets let in wether they know me from my old life or now. I think of my 80 friends only 2 are from my past.

But I see people posting wayyyyyyyyyy too much info on there about themselves that just anyone could see.

Carla, that is soooo true. Some people on there post their every move as if the world is hanging on their next post.......even down to getting their nails done. I find it hilarious that they think the world is really interested in that much of their daily life.

amysmom
04-20-2011, 04:30 PM
OT I follow that case and watch the trial on court tv. I think he was one of first to give DNA.

Case that are like this need to be priority

You'd think so! but at least then it didn't work that way..I hope things have changed.

I thought her last 2 x-lovers were first? Anyway, the book doesn't include catching the perp & only a slight mention of him giving the sample..It's mostly about Christa's (sad) life.

I wish I had watched the trial! :loser:

DNeecie
04-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Heather Sullivan is supposed on the Today Show tomorrow talking about what happened to her.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 04:32 PM
LE is backtracking, following leads, reinterviewing people. HLN

cluciano63
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Chelsea King's case must have been given priority as the DNA came back within a day or two, to match to her killer. Why don't they get special consideration in cases when it is not known if the victim is dead or alive?? I can see a delay or a wait, when the victim has already been found deceased, but getting in line with a possibly live victim is ridiculous.

Of course, maybe the results have come back and LE is not sharing; what would be the point to inform the public that yes, this is Holly's blood? I think they know it is, otherwise why are they saying she was in fear for her life as she walked away?

mahmoo
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I looked her up and she isn't/wasn't at the same school as Holly.
Thanks CHARLISA. I had a feeling it might not be the same school but the timing of the abduction attempt (earlier in the am) and the fact she too, was a student at the time, sure made my heart skip a beat.

SmoothOperator
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
IMO absolutely nothing of any accuracy can be discerned from what has been "reported" that the brother said or didn't say to the dispatcher[i.e. stating it was a home invasion as some believe..] or what the brother did or did not say about the entire events that took place one week ago today..IMO the reason why is because this is being said by news media outlets..which from my experience basically means that one news media source/site/print made the statements "about" what Clint supposedly said did or did not happen that morning and from there[one news media outlets]decision to make public these statements that IMO in reality who knows exactly where they came from because to my knowledge the brother Clint has not given any news media outlet an interview or statement to them about the events of that morning nor has any recordings of the 911 call been released to the media/public]..

thus leading to my point which is the accuracy of the reporting that goes on in these type cases[esp. in small rural towns that have had zero experience with this type of high profile case that they are reporting on]is spotty at best..especially in the early stages of a case[following cases on WS would be evidence of this as many of us have seen]but IMO its as if one news media outlet makes this decision to report to the public "about" what Clint stated happened and all other news media outlets seem to immediately follow suit and then they all are reporting these statements "about" Clint's statements[hope that made sense]..

So IMO we really cannot make decisions on Clint's actions..reactions..etc on that morning because basically we have no concrete..accurate "statements" from Clint about what happened that morning[and I am not attempting to speak for anyone but myself in stating "we" cannot accurately gauge his motives..actions..etc..strictly MOO]

annboleyn2011
04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
why didn't they conduct a road block the first few days? A week is a long time not to find her. Then again who knows. All you can do at this point is really pray and have hope. As time goes on and no Holly, my hope is tending to dwindle. It makes you wonder exactly what evidence etc they have.

I am a newbie so be kind. lol Love reading your posts. di

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM

this paper reported it as a day of rest but will tweeted that it was a day for LE to regroup and go over leads

THP: public volunteers will likely not be used tomorrow, as investigators 'regroup' and explore new leads.

also will has recently tweeted that

-sheriff is meeting with family
-he will speak at vigil tonight
-many churches setting up areas for the vigil
((paraphrased))

amysmom
If bro thought it was her b/f then it stands to reason he's built like him..That should rule out at least some LOCAL males in this very small town..Too bad he didn't get a front view cos I have a feeling he'd probably recognize him cos he either lives nearby or is someone he knows is known to Holly..If I'm wrong about any of this then at least he could help LE with a sketch.

froginTtown
Also, within the article it states...
The TBI confirmed that Sullivan reported the incident to police at the time. A spokeswoman told The Daily yesterday it was investigating the possible connection between Sullivan's case and Bobo's disappearance..
"We have not ruled out similarities between the two cases." bureau spokeswoman Kristen Helms said. "We are continuing to investigate all leads and connections."

LuLa
04-20-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.wmctv.com/story/14484239/rumors-run-rampant-as-search-for-holly-bobo-drags-on

Rumors Run Rampant

evelyn24

Well, he said based off the brother who is the only eyewitness, then he goes on to talking about her being walked into the woods.
I'm not sure they know for sure or not.

vjlaw
Chelsea King's case must have been given priority as the DNA came back within a day or two, to match to her killer. Why don't they get special consideration in cases when it is not known if the victim is dead or alive?? I can see a delay or a wait, when the victim has already been found deceased, but getting in line with a possibly live victim is ridiculous.

Of course, maybe the results have come back and LE is not sharing; what would be the point to inform the public that yes, this is Holly's blood? I think they know it is, otherwise why are they saying she was in fear for her life as she walked away?

Considering the director of the TBI is speaking in Holly's case and the governor has added money to the reward, I would think the lab results would be on a fast track. JMO as usual.

SmoothOperator
04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Has anyone seen anymore about the details of where mom comes into the picture[in relation to the events of that morning]..because initially I was under the impression that both she and dad had already left the home and gone into work..then it was reported that mom immediately came back home tho the article was not clear but implied that it was brother that had called her and told her of the happenings thus her immediately returning to the home..and then just last night in one of the most recent articles[will have to go back to recently closed thread #8 to find the link to the article..it's the one that has the great photos of the Bobo Home and driveway{eerily with the Neighborhood watch sign displayed at the Bobo's mailbox]..but it is in that article that states that both mom and brother were at home and witness to what happened to Holly that morning..Now that really has me confused..would love to know what is accurate??..the reporting in these cases seem to almost cause more confusion than clarity ..jmo tho!

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
why didn't they conduct a road block the first few days? A week is a long time not to find her. Then again who knows. All you can do at this point is really pray and have hope. As time goes on and no Holly, my hope is tending to dwindle. It makes you wonder exactly what evidence etc they have.

I am a newbie so be kind. lol Love reading your posts. di
Roadblocks aren't always to catch a perp in the act of something. SOmetimes, and I can't say that this was the objective this time, but likely it was, it's to catch find other potential witnesses that might have been in the area, or to determine who drives what roads on what days of the week. WHat I don't get is why they did these starting 6 days later, not on the same day of the week.

amysmom
04-20-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.wmctv.com/story/14484239/rumors-run-rampant-as-search-for-holly-bobo-drags-on

Rumors Run Rampant

bbm

Rumors or no rumors, search volunteers are feeling desperate

Aren't we all? But most of all her family, friends, & LE.

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 04:44 PM

Never know, but brother may work a later shift somewhere, evenings, graveyard, may be in college (class times vary depending on major), or maybe unemployed. I don't think it's odd that father left this out, if Clint is unemployed, or works a different shift. Maybe Clint was normally asleep at that hour. Truly don't know as we are all speculating, but, Clint is ruled out obviously based on purported scream and 911 calls, and due to time factor. I personally think the reason he was cleared so soon is because of the reported scream. Think about it, no way could he have been responsible for that scream, and subsequent reporting of it to LE. The fact that he made a 911 call before, after, or within a small time frame of this call, (moo, after the first call by neighbor), only reinforces his innocence. He probably looked out the window that morning, as I do and lots of people do cause you want to see what kind of a day it will be, is it pretty, cloudy, rain on the horizen. By the grace of the powers we believe in or don't understand, his moment of looking corresponded with Holly being led into the woods by BF. Sometime after that, not too long of a timeframe, neighbor hears scream, probably closer to neighbors house than Bobo's house, Clint goes outside (unrelated to scream cause he probably did'nt hear it) and says WTF, Holly's car is still here and there is blood and she is suppose to be on way to school, test day. He tries Holly's phone, no answer, calls BF's phone, he is at work. So he at that that time becomes very concerned. Calls Mom, then 911. Read where Mom literally screamed in anguish and fear at the school that morning. All just my opinion, sorry for typos, but this just makes most sense to me.

amysmom
04-20-2011, 04:46 PM

A sure sign they are as LOST as Holly :(

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSsSkrI9So&feature=player_embedded

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
clarification, being led into woods by someone that resembled BF. Not BF as I wrote. BF along with brother are obviously not involved.

nursebeeme
Meanwhile, the TBI been testing the blood found on the carport outside her home and we learned those test results are back in on Wednesday afternoon. But the TBI is not saying whose blood it is or why.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14484203/vigil-planned-to-mark-1-week-since-holly-bobos-disappearance?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SweetSkit
willnunley Will Nunley
Family to Sheriff: "do whatever it takes to bring her home" #hollybobo

willnunley Will Nunley
Sheriff spends time talking with family today, and will share a special message during tonight's prayer service. #hollybobo #teamholly

willnunley Will Nunley
Multiple Churches setup large stage for tonights 7:30 Community Vigil http://bit.ly/fA1dVv #hollybobo

willnunley Will Nunley
Candle sticks, similar to these, requested for tonight's prayer vigil. http://bit.ly/glqn5R #hollybobo

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Gotta go do offline stuff. Hopefully when I return Holly is home and the healing has begun.

Janeumayer
04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
"On behalf of Perry County, Sheriff Tommy Hickerson committed resources to the Decatur County Sheriffs Office Task Force to assist in the Amber Alert on Ms. Holly Bobo." http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=206332&MemberID=1257

Question: What are the guidelines for an Amber Alert in Tennessee? I thought that you needed a vehicle description? HMMMMM

scorekeeper
04-20-2011, 04:53 PM
4/18/2011

Gwyn:
Gwyn:
“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods. Uh, as far as the suspects, uh, we have not eliminated anyone, um, from this investigation. Uh, obviously there are people that are, that we feel are witnesses, and we’ve treated as such, uh, but we have not eliminated anyone, and that’s why we ask the community to really look amongst themselves. Uh, this is a very rural area, a very wooded area, and someone would have had to known how to navigate around the area. Uh, either a hunter or a resident or something of that nature in order to be able to, uh, in order to enter and exit, uh, like they did.”Reporter asks if that means that brother and bf are still suspects:
Gwyn:
Gwyn:

MBB

"in order to enter and exit"........did anyone else catch this......so they have an entrance and exit point for the abductor???

Sorry if this has been discussed, but trying to catch up and spend time in the darn basement!!

TIA

score

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Okay, leaving in a minute:
This is what I cannot figure out. Holly does not meet AA criteria.
Who Operates the Amber Alert Program in Tennessee?
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation oversees the Amber Alert program for the state. This agency determines whether or not to issue an Amber Alert for a missing child. While the TBI generally adheres to the Department of Justice guidelines for issuing an alert, they have their own set of criteria:
TBI will issue an AMBER Alert when requested by a law enforcement agency when the following conditions are met:

1) Accurate information on at least one of the following:
Description of child
Description of suspect
Description of vehicle

2) Child must be 17 years of age or younger

3) A belief that the child is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death such as:
The missing child is believed to be out of the zone of safety for his or her age and development stage.
The missing child is drug dependent, on prescribed medication and/or illegal substances, and the dependency is potentially life threatening.
The missing child has been absent from the home for more than 24 hours before the incident was reported to the police.
It is believed that the missing child is in a life-threatening situation.
It is believed that the missing child is in the company of adults who could endanger his or her welfare.
http://memphis.about.com/od/historyandfacts/a/Tennessee-Amber-Alerts.htm

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Probably just knowing his way around the area, small roads, back roads and trails.

Eileen730
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
IMO absolutely nothing of any accuracy can be discerned from what has been "reported" that the brother said or didn't say to the dispatcher[i.e. stating it was a home invasion as some believe..] or what the brother did or did not say about the entire events that took place one week ago today..IMO the reason why is because this is being said by news media outlets..which from my experience basically means that one news media source/site/print made the statements "about" what Clint supposedly said did or did not happen that morning and from there[one news media outlets]decision to make public these statements that IMO in reality who knows exactly where they came from because to my knowledge the brother Clint has not given any news media outlet an interview or statement to them about the events of that morning nor has any recordings of the 911 call been released to the media/public]..

thus leading to my point which is the accuracy of the reporting that goes on in these type cases[esp. in small rural towns that have had zero experience with this type of high profile case that they are reporting on]is spotty at best..especially in the early stages of a case[following cases on WS would be evidence of this as many of us have seen]but IMO its as if one news media outlet makes this decision to report to the public "about" what Clint stated happened and all other news media outlets seem to immediately follow suit and then they all are reporting these statements "about" Clint's statements[hope that made sense]..

So IMO we really cannot make decisions on Clint's actions..reactions..etc on that morning because basically we have no concrete..accurate "statements" from Clint about what happened that morning[and I am not attempting to speak for anyone but myself in stating "we" cannot accurately gauge his motives..actions..etc..strictly MOO]

I understand what you are saying! But !!!! LOL Look at all the missing cases we sit and read here on websluths, Im sure every one of you are on at least 3 other threads here from Hailey Dunn, Haleigh Cummings, Kyron Horman, etc etc,
I cant ever remember MSM being this messed up they usually have to confirm
everything before it is let out to the public. And they have kept us abreast in all these cases.

This one is diff Why??

I honestly believe its been reported as it happend but after talking too the
person again they decided to edit it a bit... he may have exagerated in his first
phone call or his first interview and after the fact it came out a bit diff.

I only hope they can bring Holly home!

vjlaw
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
MBB

"in order to enter and exit"........did anyone else catch this......so they have an entrance and exit point for the abductor???

Sorry if this has been discussed, but trying to catch up and spend time in the darn basement!!

TIA

score

Yes, I noticed this too. The brother could see her walked into the woods, but would not know the exit. I think they know how he got in and out. Personally, I think that means she is somewhere else and not in the woods. But my opinion is subject to change.

SmoothOperator
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
"On behalf of Perry County, Sheriff Tommy Hickerson committed resources to the Decatur County Sheriffs Office Task Force to assist in the Amber Alert on Ms. Holly Bobo." http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=206332&MemberID=1257

Question: What are the guidelines for an Amber Alert in Tennessee? I thought that you needed a vehicle description? HMMMMM

I'd like to know as well because it certainly seems to be different state to state..city to city..county to county..as to what the exact rules and regulations are with the Amber Alert prerequisites and IMO it is more than a little frustrating at the lack of consistency in these "must haves" in order to get an Amber Alert issued[I can only imagine how the fam members of the missing children that are denied their child to be even put on the Amber Alert]..

ETA: I was also under the impression that Amber ALert was a system of notification used for missing "children" and not used for adults..So why does an adult such as Holly get an Amber Alert but not the other young woman who disappeared a month ago+ from Tennessee whose car was found burning several hours after her last being seen[sorry her name escapes me at the moment]..

I just don't understand?:waitasec:

LuLa
04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Meanwhile, the TBI been testing the blood found on the carport outside her home and we learned those test results are back in on Wednesday afternoon. But the TBI is not saying whose blood it is or why.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14484203/vigil-planned-to-mark-1-week-since-holly-bobos-disappearance?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So LE got the blood test results back today. And this from Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Per THP via nunley: No public volunteers needed tomorrow as investigators "regroup" and explore new leads.

redfish
04-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Okay, leaving in a minute:
This is what I cannot figure out. Holly does not meet AA criteria.
Who Operates the Amber Alert Program in Tennessee?
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation oversees the Amber Alert program for the state. This agency determines whether or not to issue an Amber Alert for a missing child. While the TBI generally adheres to the Department of Justice guidelines for issuing an alert, they have their own set of criteria:
TBI will issue an AMBER Alert when requested by a law enforcement agency when the following conditions are met:

1) Accurate information on at least one of the following:
Description of child
Description of suspect
Description of vehicle

2) Child must be 17 years of age or younger

3) A belief that the child is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death such as:
The missing child is believed to be out of the zone of safety for his or her age and development stage.
The missing child is drug dependent, on prescribed medication and/or illegal substances, and the dependency is potentially life threatening.
The missing child has been absent from the home for more than 24 hours before the incident was reported to the police.
It is believed that the missing child is in a life-threatening situation.
It is believed that the missing child is in the company of adults who could endanger his or her welfare.
http://memphis.about.com/od/historyandfacts/a/Tennessee-Amber-Alerts.htm

I suppose #1a fits and #3. But I have really cried over the number of children that have not been given this status.... due to no discription of perp or veh. Not complaining that Holly got attention, but still lamenting the loss of so many others.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:02 PM

This is probably why the search is being called off tomorrow. LE regrouping.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd like to know as well because it certainly seems to be different state to state..city to city..county to county..as to what the exact rules and regulations are with the Amber Alert prerequisites and IMO it is more than a little frustrating at the lack of consistency in these "must haves" in order to get an Amber Alert issued[I can only imagine how the fam members of the missing children that are denied their child to be even put on the Amber Alert]..

ETA: I was also under the impression that Amber ALert was a system of notification used for missing "children" and not used for adults..So why does an adult such as Holly get an Amber Alert but not the other young woman who disappeared a month ago+ from Tennessee whose car was found burning several hours after her last being seen[sorry her name escapes me at the moment]..

Me niether. The TN guidelines I posted above.
Holly is not under 17.
She had not been missing for more than 24 hours before the report was made...Don't get me wrong. i'm glad that she is getting exposure. But why thru the AA and the NCMEC. All too often we hear that AA's are not issued because LE is worried about desentizing the public. What's their excuse for doing it now?

ETA: Unless they really had strong reason to believe that she would be out in public...Hmmm.

iluvmua
04-20-2011, 05:04 PM
I hope after searches are called off during the day a couple of searchers decided they want to look for evidence some more.

That's how they found Jodi Sanderholm.

Eileen730
04-20-2011, 05:05 PM

I believe they can be up to 21 years of age if they think the child or young adult is in a life threatening situation....

Why they did it here and not for others i cant figure out nor the fact the state gave 50 thou. What is going on here?

liltexans

Shelley Mook is the missing woman whose car was found burning and I agree with you that I don't understand the criteria for an AA in TN.

Conquer1
MBB

TIA

score

I honestly don't think it's a big deal.

They know that the perp entered because Holly is gone, and her brother saw them.

They know that the perp exited because they can't find him or Holly.

I don't think it means that they know where they entered and/or exited, just that they know that they entered and exited.

not_my_kids
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I believe they can be up to 21 years of age if they think the child or young adult is in a life threatening situation....

Why they did it here and not for others i cant figure out nor the fact the state gave 50 thou. What is going on here?

You're half right, but both federal and TN criteria say 17.

LuLa
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
This is probably why the search is being called off tomorrow. LE regrouping.

Yes & I'm wondering if the blood testing results are part of this regrouping. I think they are.

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Really good question. This was brought up yesterday on WS's and it seems exceptions can be made to include minors under 21yrs. So it seems exceptions were made along with an additional 50K from state government. I fear there will be a backlash down the road because if you do it for one then it should be done for all. I'm glad this was done for Holly, but at the same time, if I had a missing or murdered child at some point in the past in TN, I would be wanting to know why this wasn't also done for my child. No disrespect here, but perhaps a legitimate concern other victims families may have.

Nehemiah
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I saw that interview, but until you mentioned it I hadn't thought anything of it. It is curious, especially since he mentioned each person, instead of saying "the family's schedule". I agree could be several reasons though.

I think he is a student at UT Martin, which may be why the dad did not say anything about him. Perhaps the perp knew that and didn't think the brother would be at home that particular morning. Just sayin'

JMO

Eileen730
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
You're half right, but both federal and TN criteria say 17.

I read it yesterday let me see if i can find it....

MLE
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM
The attempted Sullivan abduction does read a lot like the Bobo abduction and they're only about an hour apart and they're both south of I-40 and west of I-65. Is there a sketch of Sullivan's perp availiable?

One thing that would be a worthwhile attempt would be for some tough guys with concealed carry permits to pose as Jehova's Witnesses handing out Watchtower booklets and giving their spiel around the Parsons area, starting first with the people on the sex offender list. That way, it would provide people a valid excuse to go to their doors and give Holly a chance to scream for help in the event that she's a hostage inside a home. It would also give a chance to maybe look in and see if there's anything suspicious laying around or a fresh grave on the property, perhaps.

If it's the same guy who tried to kidnap Ms. Sullivan, maybe he lives in one of the two towns (Parsons and Centerville), but has family or work connections in the other town.

Or since he seems to have a lot of time on his hands, maybe he's one of the many people here in Tennessee who gets on disability and has plenty of time on their hands to get into trouble when their asses should be working and doing something productive. There's nothing wrong with being on disability if they're genuinely disabled, but when half the state is on it, there's definitely a lot of fraud and guys with too much time on their hands.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM
MBB

TIA

score

The entrance point is where Holly's brother told LE he saw her last, as the agent mentioned the brother's statement at the start of talking about Holly being lead into the woods.

“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods.

I assume he mentioned an exit because Holly hasn't been found in the woods, and neither has the perp. They're assuming based on eyewitness testimony and lack of any other evidence she was lead in and out of the woods.. imo.
I don't think they have concrete proof ie physical evidence of an entry or exit point, sorry to say.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:14 PM
So LE got the blood test results back yesterday. And this from Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Per THP via nunley: No public volunteers needed tomorrow as investigators "regroup" and explore new leads.

Interesting timing, no?

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 05:16 PM
So LE got the blood test results back yesterday. And this from Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

according to the link the results came back today (wednesday)

like just recently this afternoon

mrsu
04-20-2011, 05:17 PM

It said Wednesday afternoon. That would be today?

hinman
04-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Could the blood test results explain the 4 hour stop on searching yesterday?? JMO

hinman
04-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Never mind the link says the results came back today not yesterday.

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:20 PM
according to the link the results came back today (wednesday)

like just recently this afternoon

That makes the called off search and LE regrouping timing even more interesting. Same day they get the blood tests back.

iluvmua
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm almost certain the blood is Holly's.

Nehemiah
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM

That's an interesting catch. TN Technology Centers offer a vocational business track. Most of the time, older students who attend TTC are those whose jobs have been abolished and they can take vocational classes there tuition-free, plus draw their unemployment. This person is 31, which would be an "older" student.

AmandaReckonwith
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Case archive album with pics, vids, articles

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

Thanks everyone for links.

scorekeeper
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
That makes the called off search and LE regrouping timing even more interesting. Same day they get the blood tests back.

1. blood test back
2. meeting with family
3. family says "do whatever it takes to bring her home" per nunley tweet
4. no volunteers need tomorrow
5. LE regrouping

:waitasec::waitasec:

hmmm....hopefully a big break in the case...

Pray Holly is okay and will be home soon!!

JMO

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
1. blood test back
2. meeting with family
3. family says "do whatever it takes to bring her home" per nunley tweet
4. no volunteers need tomorrow
5. LE regrouping

:waitasec::waitasec:

hmmm....hopefully a big break in the case...

Pray Holly is okay and will be home soon!!

JMO

This is what I hope is happening.

Melanie
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Could the blood test results explain the 4 hour stop on searching yesterday?? JMO

And the no searching tomorrow! This came from the Command Center Update on FB.

WHY do they not want to search tomorrow? they say they want to regroup!

Something is up. . .

MOO

Mel

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 05:26 PM

I read in the Jackson, TN news today that people have actually "passed out", due to searching, heat, health issues etc., They most likely had the stop due to these issues, as, there will be no volunteer searches tomorrow in order to give them a rest. Probably concerned they may be stretching the physical limits of the wonderful volunteers.

vjlaw
04-20-2011, 05:27 PM

Well, I was hoping for the blood of the perp. Maybe he got some deep scratches from cutting himself a path in and out of the woods. jmo

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:27 PM

You would think so. The LE talked as if the amount of blood found wasn't enough lost to be serious damage, or life be threatening.

Melanie
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Someone help me out. When has such a hot case run cold with investigators (without a body or suspect)? Why stop a search in the early stages unless they feel there's no longer a need to search. This confuses me, because they then say they need searchers on Friday.

I'm not going to get much sleep tonight!

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
BTW, article I read was early this morning. Before reports of blood analysis . LE, IMO, is just concerned over the health and well-being of the volunteers. If you have people passing out, it's time to call a time out. JMO.

froginTtown
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm definately watching NG tonight if she is interviewing the family..

Melanie
04-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I read in the Jackson, TN news today that people have actually "passed out", due to searching, heat, health issues etc., They most likely had the stop due to these issues, as, there will be no volunteer searches tomorrow in order to give them a rest. Probably concerned they may be stretching the physical limits of the wonderful volunteers.

But I read they had to turn away hundreds? Can't they bring some of those folks in? How about the military (ie, Hailey Dunn).

People (although not many) still search for Hailey everyday. I just can't see turning away all of them.

hugs,

Mel

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:32 PM
BTW, article I read was early this morning. Before reports of blood analysis . LE, IMO, is just concerned over the health and well-being of the volunteers. If you have people passing out, it's time to call a time out. JMO.

So you read an article this morning saying the search was being called off tomorrow?

nursebeeme
04-20-2011, 05:32 PM
this is gather... but interesting take on the 4 hour halt yesterday

Holly Bobo remains missing as of noon, 4/20/2011, and investigators are continuing with another day of roadblocks to try to find out any new information about the girl's disappearance. Yesterday, roadblocks were halted for four hours due to rough weather conditions that made it difficult for searchers to continue. However, there could be other reasons for the halt in searching yesterday such as new evidence and leads that haven't been discussed. The roadblocks continued today.

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979246595

Zipper
04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Sorry if this has been covered...I haven't read all the threads. Do we know how far her brother was from where she was dragged out? I don't understand if he saw her being dragged out, why not run out or drive his car/atv as soon as he saw her being dragged off? Also, has it been confirmed that the brother saw her being dragged out but proceeded to eat his bowl of cereal before calling the cops? I can't discern what are rumors and what is fact. I am not trying to speak ill of the brother. I am just trying to understand why he didn't try to run after her if he saw the abduction.

peeples
04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
So you read an article this morning saying the search was being called off tomorrow?

I read it 5 hours ago on Will Nunly's tweets

evelyn24
04-20-2011, 05:34 PM
But I read they had to turn away hundreds? Can't they bring some of those folks in? How about the military (ie, Hailey Dunn).

People (although not many) still search for Hailey everyday. I just can't see turning away all of them.

hugs,

Mel

Agreed. If it's bad they can use new people to search. I don't think resting the volunteers is the reason the search has been called off tomororw, it's because they are regrouping and rethinking their case and their leads. Possibly due to the blood results being back or other found evidence.

MsBrisbee
04-20-2011, 05:36 PM
People, really, searchers are sick and passing out. They've been onging for a week. LE is concerned for health and wellfare, not to mention liability, regardless of waivers. It's PR any way you look at it. Searchers were sick and passing out yesterday. Today LE issues a statement that search will be called off for volunteers only, (LE will continue on searches), for tomorrow ONLY, so volunteers may rest. NO secret meanings here. They are concerned some volunteers may be over stretching themselves.

MLE
04-20-2011, 05:38 PM
They should segregate the group by fitness level, with the A Team being Army reservists, athletes, and young people in good physical condition. These people could be sent in on the deep woods searches.

The B Team, composed of the middle aged and slightly overweight people, could be used on less demanding searches.

The C Team, made up of the elderly, the morbidly obese, and people with known health problems, could be utilized on limited searches such as roadsides.

By keeping everyone in one group, people who can continue searching are being held back by those who need a break. I bet some of them are chomping at the bit, wanting to search and are frustrated about having to take a break.