PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
04-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!

concentric
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
About causing a ruckus at the 1st crime scene. Yes, experts say do that to your utmost degree.

It's all about not allowing the perp. to take you to a secondary crime scene or location.

I think this case has a 3rd, 4th...who knows how many?

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 05:42 PM
About causing a ruckus at the 1st crime scene. Yes, experts say do that to your utmost degree.

It's all about not allowing the perp. to take you to a secondary crime scene or location.

I doubt this is the guys FIRST. Could be but I doubt it. Its too bold and brazen (and well done) to be just beginners luck.

sarx
04-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Weather at a glance for April
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8959/holoboboweather.png (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/holoboboweather.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Nehemiah
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Carla stated on previous thread...

As for her just walking into the woods thinking she was going to help someone that was injured... which I do not believe at all in any capacity...

why not call 911 first

why didnt the so called injured person call 911? even kindergarten kids have cell phones now

would a suspect risk standing around explaining this story to her when she could say hey let me get my brother...

If you cut yourself to have blood to show Holly why would you have to go back into the woods for help?

Aparently the amount of blood found is not described as being huge quantities

It has been said Holly was being led with a hand on her arm or around her shoulder... in theory if she were following it would be jsut that... he would be running ahead yelling hurry hurry not pushing her along in front of him.

LE said they think she was in fear for her life when she was going into the woods and while she was walking it may not have been voluntary.

IF she were following someone for help, why carry a back pack and school stuff (whatever she had?). The woods where they disappeared have been described as being thick (so that a dog had to be carried?) You would leave that stuff at your car.

I don't necessarily think this is what really occurred.. but if it did play out this way, and Holly knew the person, then I could see all the above ^. I think the key in this scenario is knowing the person and having enough trust to believe what he's telling you.

CocoChanel
04-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I have never had the opportunity to volunteer for a search so I really am clueless about what that looks and feels like for the citizens volunteers who participate. Can anyone here who has done so as Joe Q. CaringCitizen describe what that is like? What sort of guidance are amateurs like me given when we are sent out on a search like this one?

cheko1
Weather at a glance for April
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8959/holoboboweather.png (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/holoboboweather.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Thanks sarx!

SNOWINMEMPHIS

I agree completely with all you said!!
I also believe that the perp will not kill Holly unless he kills himself.
I believe the abduction site is 1st, an abandoned building/shack is the 2nd, a cave or underground shelter is the 3rd and probably his choice for a long period to come.
There is probably a 4th if he keeps her successfully.
I agree w/the ATF agent. Holly is alive.
IMO the perp is waiting for things to cool off.
And eventually the searchers will be asked to stop.
Just not yet.
Stay strong Holly. Help is nearby. You may be able to hear the helicopters and the dogs. Just not allowed to respond.
JMO

Woe.be.gone
04-22-2011, 05:45 PM

Yes, that's what I've heard from self defense experts too.
Yet, who would expect to be apprehended first thing in the morning in your own carport - poor girl. I mean, one should be on guard in a mall parking lot and public places but one's own driveway - that's terrible.

Woe.be.gone
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
I read a rumor that an old ex had sent a threatening message to Holly. Has that ever been substantiated?

Woe.be.gone
04-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I agree completely with all you said!!
I also believe that the perp will not kill Holly unless he kills himself.
I believe the abduction site is 1st, an abandoned building/shack is the 2nd, a cave or underground shelter is the 3rd and probably his choice for a long period to come.
There is probably a 4th if he keeps her successfully.
I agree w/the ATF agent. Holly is alive.
IMO the perp is waiting for things to cool off.
And eventually the searchers will be asked to stop.
Just not yet.
Stay strong Holly. Help is nearby. You may be able to hear the helicopters and the dogs. Just not allowed to respond.
JMO

Oh I hope and pray you are right.
I had a hard time falling asleep last night thinking about this. A young, beautiful girl - I just don't understand the evil on earth.

cheko1
04-22-2011, 05:52 PM

As for her just walking into the woods thinking she was going to help someone that was injured... which I do not believe at all in any capacity...

why not call 911 first

why didnt the so called injured person call 911? even kindergarten kids have cell phones now

would a suspect risk standing around explaining this story to her when she could say hey let me get my brother...

If you cut yourself to have blood to show Holly why would you have to go back into the woods for help?

It has been said Holly was being led with a hand on her arm or around her shoulder... in theory if she were following it would be jsut that... he would be running ahead yelling hurry hurry not pushing her along in front of him.

LE said they think she was in fear for her life when she was going into the woods and while she was walking it may not have been voluntary.

IF she were following someone for help, why carry a back pack and school stuff (whatever she had?). The woods where they disappeared have been described as being thick (so that a dog had to be carried?) You would leave that stuff at your car.

I don't necessarily think this is what really occurred.. but if it did play out this way, and Holly knew the person, then I could see all the above ^. I think the key in this scenario is knowing the person and having enough trust to believe what he's telling you.

I think she did know the perp! She also made sure she had her cell phone with her. If there was ATV trails as some have suggested here then she never sensed it was dangerous for her.

sarx
04-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I have never had the opportunity to volunteer for a search so I really am clueless about what that looks and feels like for the citizens volunteers who participate. Can anyone here who has done so as Joe Q. CaringCitizen describe what that is like? What sort of guidance are amateurs like me given when we are sent out on a search like this one?

Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 05:58 PM

why not call 911 first

Perhaps but if she knew the person she still probably would call 911, could ask for her brothers help, would put her books down and leave them, etc. I would think also if it was someone that knew her might be able to get her at another location and not in front of her house. IDK. I think it was a planned grab at the front of the house and that she did not know the person. Know as in friend. The suspect was familiar with her and her house and maybe her routine in the morning but not her whole day and night life to get her in a more private or less obvious area.

That just seems most straight forward and has fewer loopholes to me. Its simpler, has fewer assumptions, relies on less participation by holly.

concentric
04-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I intially brought this case up here on the board before NG talked about it. Once again, borrowing from the below referenced case, here is a partial list of items Filyaw had with him in the Elizabeth Shoaf abduction, this is in 2006. How much more so an abductor in 2011 who had military, hunting, law enforcement, technological expertise?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinson_Filyaw

After 10 days in captivity,[1] the victim convinced Filyaw to let her borrow his cellular phone to play games, but she had an entirely different use in mind. Once he fell asleep, she text messaged her mother and friends, who contacted the police.

The authorities then began to triangulate the bunker's position through the cell phone towers. Filyaw saw that he was under pursuit by watching the news on a battery-powered television in the bunker.

Filyaw was five miles from his house, carrying a taser, pellet gun, and knife, when he was arrested. He was charged with kidnapping, possession of an incendiary device (a flare gun), and impersonating a police officer, with other charges pending.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
News 3 at 5 says searchers taking a closer look at Natchez Trace Park.
TBI still only confirming white lunchbag found.
Saying the Bobo home so close to the county line.
1500 searchers asked to respond this weekend.
735 signed in to help search today.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I think she did know the perp! She also made sure she had her cell phone with her. If there was ATV trails as some have suggested here then she never sensed it was dangerous for her.

I think she knew him also.

CocoChanel
04-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

Thanks sarx. Would volunteers be assigned a specific plot of land to search? And besides the ID check and registering, there probably is very little accountability, right? I mean I could do a really poor or haphazard job searching and yet it would be assumed the area I was assigned to search had been cleared after I was done? If so, that must be frustrating to experts such as yourself. Please know I mean no disrespect to the hundreds of volunteers in this case. They are a demonstration of compassion and sacrifice that is so valuable in itself. It just seems it would be difficult to maintain a high degree of confidence that the search is as thorough and accurate as needed. But again, my hat is off to ALL who have given their time to to it.

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok good nite y'all. Got to start on dinner. Everyone have a good nite and be safe!

L

cheko1
04-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Perhaps but if she knew the person she still probably would call 911, could ask for her brothers help, would put her books down and leave them, etc. I would think also if it was someone that knew her might be able to get her at another location and not in front of her house. IDK. I think it was a planned grab at the front of the house and that she did not know the person. Know as in friend. The suspect was familiar with her and her house and maybe her routine in the morning but not her whole day and night life to get her in a more private or less obvious area.

That just seems most straight forward and has fewer loopholes to me. Its simpler, has fewer assumptions, relies on less participation by holly.

It was all planned, I agree on that. I just can't imagine someone attempting to grab her & then NOT drop everything. Because she'd be fighting a stranger with all her might. Unless he used a taser to stun her...then I have no idea how long it would take for her to start snapping out of a taser!

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Newsreports at 5 out of Memphis are that these searchers are signed-in.Who knows how many are out there that haven't been?
JMO

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I think of all the little stuff, like if she was hit and it was on the face or cut on the arm, did they find any blood on the duct tape or the lunch box? Because we know there was blood, logic says it was her's in order to get her to go with him. So wouldn't you put your hand up to your nose or mouth if hit and it would be on your hand or face or clothing? So we are to surmise he hit her hard enough to not knock her out, but enough to draw blood that is on the lawn or floor of a car port. But she didn't drop anything in her hands but simply never screamed out in pain or made a sound, just went with him. I guess it is possible, but I think there would be blood on that duct tape, unless he took the time as they were walking through the woods to let her clean up. I know we don't know if there was blood on the lunch box but the duct tape was reported to have blond hair, no one mentioned blood.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
It was all planned, I agree on that. I just can't imagine someone attempting to grab her & then NOT drop everything. Because she'd be fighting a stranger with all her might. Unless he used a taser to stun her...then I have no idea how long it would take for her to start snapping out of a taser!

I carry a stun baton.
It will knock any animal (including human) down before they can make a noise.
Takes a few minutes to recover, but would explain why the perp's arm is said to have been around Holly and why her brother thought she was walking with a boyfriend.
She would have been able to walk, but only with assistance.
JMO

sarx
04-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks sarx. Would volunteers be assigned a specific plot of land to search? And besides the ID check and registering, there probably is very little accountability, right? I mean I could do a really poor or haphazard job searching and yet it would be assumed the area I was assigned to search had been cleared after I was done? If so, that must be frustrating to experts such as yourself. Please know I mean no disrespect to the hundreds of volunteers in this case. They are a demonstration of compassion and sacrifice that is so valuable in itself. It just seems it would be difficult to maintain a high degree of confidence that the search is as thorough and accurate as needed. But again, my hat is off to ALL who have given their time to to it.
Hopefully, yes they are being assigned specific areas, but with that many people they are either really really organized to be getting them checked in and divided up or it's not happening. Yes, very little accountability and no POD's coming in (probability of detection is done by %) so no idea how well an area has been searched. Now, if they are using them for line searches, different story, and an excellent use for mass amounts of people. I can give a 10 minute crash course on line searching and be comfortable with the results.

sarx
04-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Newsreports at 5 out of Memphis are that these searchers are signed-in.Who knows how many are out there that haven't been?
JMO

One of the reports I read talked about the hundreds of searchers who were just joining in the field.....

concentric
04-22-2011, 06:18 PM
What I was wondering earlier is if LE knew the perp. had already moved on from the volunteer search areas, and the volunteers were assigned to find evidence that the perp. left behind.

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Did they saw the man had his arm around her, or was touching her? I can't see any scenario that would include her walking willingly into the woods, i.e. to help someone, that would involve her having to touch or be so close to the abductor.

I'm still not getting how LE determined after the fact that she was being led away, in fear for her life. Is this simply an assumption because she has not been found and there was a little blood? Or were there signs of a scuffle on the ground?

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:22 PM

I have never been on a search but i remember from the kyron hormon case you had to be certified to search.

Skully
I am wondering why he uses duct tape after the fact? If she is at her home, outside the house with her brother in it, I would think he would want her quiet from the get go, do you think she had duct tape over her mouth at that point? But how do we explain the neighbor hearing her scream but not the brother? If she was duct taped after he took her from the home, why, he risked her crying out at the house. So these are things for me that don't add up. But anything is possible, I will say that.

concentric
But like I said earlier, Carlie Brucia was led by the arm by the perp. in that case, around that car wash in FL. I think she was in a state of shock and fear. And who knows what else.

vjlaw
04-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Hopefully, yes they are being assigned specific areas, but with that many people they are either really really organized to be getting them checked in and divided up or it's not happening. Yes, very little accountability and no POD's coming in (probability of detection is done by %) so no idea how well an area has been searched. Now, if they are using them for line searches, different story, and an excellent use for mass amounts of people. I can give a 10 minute crash course on line searching and be comfortable with the results.
Don't remember now where I saw it, but did see a picture of searchers lined up in orderly fashion getting ready for a grid search. Also there is a trooper from highway patrol in charge of the searches. That is as I understand it anyway.

cheko1
I carry a stun baton.
It will knock any animal (including human) down before they can make a noise.
Takes a few minutes to recover, but would explain why the perp's arm is said to have been around Holly and why her brother thought she was walking with a boyfriend.
She would have been able to walk, but only with assistance.
JMO

That makes total sense I never thought of that one!!!
Thanks Snow!

Beentherebefore
As someone who is taught (especially someone new and I think that's why this case caught my attention) to be a first responder, you head into a situation with a bit of apprehension and a whole lot more concern for an individuals well being. If it were someone that she recognized or was slightly familiar with, and a plot laid out in front of her ("my friend is hurt in the woods, can you help me bring him back to your house"), she could easily walk in with her backpack/books and check things out. I have been on the scene of many accidents, including a successful abduction of a child, where I held close all of the things I had in hand. I am not sure why.. maybe it was to hold close what was familiar or because I knew there was a sense of something just not being "right".

concentric
04-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I am wondering why he uses duct tape after the fact? If she is at her home, outside the house with her brother in it, I would think he would want her quiet from the get go, do you think she had duct tape over her mouth at that point? But how do we explain the neighbor hearing her scream but not the brother? If she was duct taped after he took her from the home, why, he risked her crying out at the house. So these are things for me that don't add up. But anything is possible, I will say that.

I'll go find my question, but I think he could have slapped a piece of duct-tape over her mouth when he intially got her under control. Cause I think the brother only saw her from the back.

Cubbies2010
04-22-2011, 06:26 PM
If there is any link with the perp in the HS incident, she said he held on to her arm so tight, it left hand prints on her arm. (source: HS on FB)

I don't think she knew him, at least not well. She have seen him around or may have talked to him in passing somewhere, but I don't think she knew him. I think he had a weapon and threatened her. My theory is he told her if she screamed, he would kill her and her brother too. (if he was watching the house, he knew the brother was there.)
Not sure about the blood, he may have poked her superficially to show he meant business.
She may have held onto her lunch bag, books, etc.. as a shield or just to have something between him and her.

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
So if this is the case, he ducted taped her then and there, after the hit and blood, where is the blood on the duct tape? I may be way off base here, but something isn't right, clues and things are being left out for LE and if this is so well planned out, why so sloppy now?

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:29 PM
But like I said earlier, Carlie Brucia was led by the arm by the perp. in that case, around that car wash in FL. I think she was in a state of shock and fear. And who knows what else.

Carlie was also only 11 yrs old..

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Carlie was also only 11 yrs old..

And with Carly, in the video he pulls out a object that resembles a badge, as if he is security and says something to her and she goes with him. She was on private property in the car wash parking lot. Some think he told her he was a cop and she was trespassing and got her to get into the car.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
So if this is the case, he ducted taped her then and there, after the hit and blood, where is the blood on the duct tape? I may be way off base here, but something isn't right, clues and things are being left out for LE and if this is so well planned out, why so sloppy now?

I think he duct taped her after the first scream maybe it obstructed her nose and she couldnt breathe when the perp noticed she was going unconscious and he rips the tape off. JUst a thought.

concentric
04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Or through rubbing her face against something or manipulating her facial muscles she may have been able to loosen the duct tape. So he tears it off and adheres another piece to her at the roadway? Just thinking, that's all.

lishac23
04-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Possibly Theory and by no means am I implicating anyone, but just a thought...

HB & her boyfriend have a lot of friends in common, including each others family members (makes sense especially in a small town). I'm wondering if one of these mutual people had a thing for HB, they would know her routine and the area around her house very well. The person approaches HB, has blood from something on his clothes and tells HB that they (perp and boyfriend/or possibly another mutual person) were hunting and someone got hurt. Grabs her by the arm and tells her to come quick...she follows him into the woods (things still on her). When she's in the woods and realizes that something is amiss she tries to go back to her house, he grabs her or hits her and she screams. I don't really have a theory as to what happened after that, or at least I don't think I really want to know. If the perp is a local my guess is he is trying to blend in and remain as "normal" as possible. I doubt he could keep her somewhere unnoticed.

I'm a little confused about the brother's claim that he assumed the person was HB's boyfriend, which would mean that the perp would have to have the same build as the boyfriend. I've seen the boyfriend's FB and he doesn't look that tall or that weight. I think the brother thought the person looked familiar but didn't really pay much attention. I think when he was questioned he knew the person was familiar, but wasn't sure who and just took a guess at the boyfriend.

ALL JMO!!!

ggg
04-22-2011, 06:36 PM
orginally posted by snowinmemphis:
I can't say why except maybe I've been thinking and talking to my friends too long, but I am really thinking they need to do a little more searching on 13 that comes through Lobelville.
Prime prime area for caching.JMO and I need coffee badly

I have never heard of geocaching until I read the link posted here today...
what stuck out for me was reading about how to geo find the treasure with gps and how to be careful when walking out in the woods and thick brush (paraphrasing here). I, too, have read that the area is high in geocaching.

Could HB be a "treasure" in some sick kind of way???? are there sick people out there who could and would do something like this??? Are there any expert geocaching peeps on this board? If so, it couldn't hurt to sleuth the zipcode and the posters...

Forget the coffee, I need a straight shot of TN moonshine! (which I have by the way)...Went to TN 7 years ago on a business trip and one of my professional colleagues had a mason jar ready for me to pickup on my way back through the state. That baby puts off a blue flame when stricken with a match, lol. :crazy:

Stay strong Holly. These fine TN peeps won't rest until they bring you home!

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Or through rubbing her face against something or manipulating her facial muscles she may have been able to loosen the duct tape. So he tears it off and adheres another piece to her at the roadway? Just thinkin' that's all.

LOL think away think away lol
thats what im doing lol
My brain is fried!

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
I am not disputing the tape coming off, I am wondering why no trace of blood on it?

sarx
04-22-2011, 06:40 PM
ggg
I can help on the geocaching front.
I wouldn't call it "high" in geocaches at all. There are places where they are literally a tenth of a mile apart (the minimum distance required by GC).

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 06:40 PM
I am not disputing the tape coming off, I am wondering why no trace of blood on it?

Who found the tape? That tape looks brand new and unused. I have tried to pull off a piece of tape and it gets crinkled and creased... Nothing there to show that.

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Who found the tape? That tape looks brand new and unused. I have tried to pull off a piece of tape and it gets crinkled and creased... Nothing there to show that.

I agree and if it is from her, does it have skin cells, or makeup or lipstick or blood on it? No just blond hair has been reported, so if any of the other stuff is on it, they will know if it came from her and if she has been hurt. If not, things are not as they seem.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM

searchers it was out near where the lunch thing was. It has blonde hairs on it.
So it has been said lol

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:45 PM
I agree and if it is from her, does it have skin cells, or makeup or lipstick or blood on it? No just blond hair has been reported, so if any of the other stuff is on it, they will know if it came from her and if she has been hurt. If not, things are not as they seem.

exactly!

concentric
[QUOTE=ggg;6377871]
Could HB be a "treasure" in some sick kind of way???? are there sick people out there who could and would do something like this??? Are there any expert geocaching peeps on this board? If so, it couldn't hurt to sleuth the zipcode and the posters...
----------
Interesting you should ask that. I was in a support group several weeks ago, before this happened, and one of the members is a geocacher. I had told him previously that I am interested in studying cases of missing persons. He asked that question: Do you think that someone could be sick enough to use a person or body as a geocaching object? He said that would be an interesting crime novel.

K!tty

I was trying to remember that poor girl's name. Carlie. I thought of her too, in this case, and recalled the gas station surveillance tape of Carlie being led by her abductor, with a look of confusion and fear on her face. In that case, I think he told he she was in trouble for something, and that she needed to come with him. Carlie was younger than Holly, and would have been the age where adults would still be quite an authority to her, so she went along with what he said. I'm not saying it's the same. I'm just saying, it goes to show that people sometimes make very poor decisions when they are caught off guard/surprised/don't take the time to think something through.

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Possibly Theory and by no means am I implicating anyone, but just a thought...

HB & her boyfriend have a lot of friends in common, including each others family members (makes sense especially in a small town). I'm wondering if one of these mutual people had a thing for HB, they would know her routine and the area around her house very well. The person approaches HB, has blood from something on his clothes and tells HB that they (perp and boyfriend/or possibly another mutual person) were hunting and someone got hurt. Grabs her by the arm and tells her to come quick...she follows him into the woods (things still on her). When she's in the woods and realizes that something is amiss she tries to go back to her house, he grabs her or hits her and she screams. I don't really have a theory as to what happened after that, or at least I don't think I really want to know. If the perp is a local my guess is he is trying to blend in and remain as "normal" as possible. I doubt he could keep her somewhere unnoticed.

I'm a little confused about the brother's claim that he assumed the person was HB's boyfriend, which would mean that the perp would have to have the same build as the boyfriend. I've seen the boyfriend's FB and he doesn't look that tall or that weight. I think the brother thought the person looked familiar but didn't really pay much attention. I think when he was questioned he knew the person was familiar, but wasn't sure who and just took a guess at the boyfriend.

ALL JMO!!!

this sort of scenario is where im at with this... BUT what im reserving judgement about is what the brother actually saw. did he see :

1. holly walking WITH/ALONG side a man?

2. holly in FRONT of a man?

3. holly BEHIND a man?

to me it would really go a long way in helping to form a theory. along with about 20 other things that are being withheld from the public...lol

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:47 PM
I am a very logical person in the way I look at things and events. I try to image me doing some of the actions it takes to accomplish some of the things we are reading about. So he had no car, but he had pre-cut duct tape in his jacket? in his hand and was waiting for her? See I don't see him with a roll of it and asking her to wait as he cuts off a piece to keep her quiet after he hits her in the face and draws blood. I am not being snarky here, I am just trying to see how this plays out with what they are being told and what they are finding.

sarx
[QUOTE=ggg;6377871]
----------
Interesting you should ask that. I was in a support group the several weeks ago, before this happened, and one of the members is a geocacher. I had told him previously that I am interested in studying cases of missing persons. He asked that question: Do you think that someone could be sick enough to use a person or body as a geocaching object? He said that would be an interesting crime novel.

That would most certainly not qualify as a geocache and is a rather disturbing thing to say. There are people who have tattoo'd travel bug id's onto their body though, which is a whole other part of GC.
I really can't see it, but what do I know.

Beentherebefore
searchers it was out near where the lunch thing was. It has blonde hairs on it.
So it has been said lol

I understand that it is fact that it was found during a search.. I just wonder who "came upon" it. From all of the pictures I have seen of Holly, she wears a lot of make up and looking at the close ups, there is nothing but 3 or 4 hairs on the tape.

From a person, who does not hunt, to another, do you use duct tape at all, after a kill?

vjlaw
04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
We have picture of duct tape on the ground where it was found. Is there a picture of the lunchbox or other things found on the ground where they are found?

Skully
04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
I feel like something is very off here and I have felt it from the beginning but I read a lot here and most things are not what we think in the end. So I hope Holly is alive, and she is found soon and I hope the family holds up until this is over. I just can't make sense of the events in my own little mind.... night!

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Have to go to dinner but will continue to pray for Holly to be strong throughout the night.

Jo in Calif
04-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I understand that it is fact that it was found during a search.. I just wonder who "came upon" it. From all of the pictures I have seen of Holly, she wears a lot of make up and looking at the close ups, there is nothing but 3 or 4 hairs on the tape.

From a person, who does not hunt, to another, do you use duct tape at all, after a kill?

Probably before, ask Casey Anthony.

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Probably before, ask Casey Anthony.

Really? Not sure if I stepped on toe's coming on the board offering my 2 cents, but let me know if I am out of line... I will leave.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I am a very logical person in the way I look at things and events. I try to image me doing some of the actions it takes to accomplish some of the things we are reading about. So he had no car, but he had pre-cut duct tape in his jacket? in his hand and was waiting for her? See I don't see him with a roll of it and asking her to wait as he cuts off a piece to keep her quiet after he hits her in the face and draws blood. I am not being snarky here, I am just trying to see how this plays out with what they are being told and what they are finding.

I hear what your saying! Makes perfect sense!

lishac23
04-22-2011, 07:00 PM
this sort of scenario is where im at with this... BUT what im reserving judgement about is what the brother actually saw. did he see :

1. holly walking WITH/ALONG side a man?

2. holly in FRONT of a man?

3. holly BEHIND a man?

to me it would really go a long way in helping to form a theory. along with about 20 other things that are being withheld from the public...lol

I agree... I kinda of went out on limb based on what has been minimally stated by LE. I'm not completely convinced about the brother's account or at least of what has been released to the public. I don't think he had anything to do with it, at least not by himself. There's no way he could have disposed of the lunch purse from the time she went missing to the time of the 911 call...and I'm pretty sure LE has been on him like white on rice ever since.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Speaking on my way out the door, every male and a lot of females in my family hunts. Year round.
They usually carry duct tape with them.
See you guys later and keep thinking good thoughts for Holly!
JMO

Jo in Calif
04-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Really? Not sure if I stepped on toe's coming on the board offering my 2 cents, but let me know if I am out of line... I will leave.

Not at all, I was only joking.

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Speaking on my way out the door, every male and a lot of females in my family hunts. Year round.
They usually carry duct tape with them.
See you guys later and keep thinking good thoughts for Holly!
JMO

But why? Is it to secure legs (deer, etc) making the travel easier? Would a hunter use duct tape for any other reason during hunting?

katydid23
04-22-2011, 07:03 PM

No, not at all. WELCOME to the forum.

It is sometimes hard to understand how people are replying and things get misconstrued. You are not at all out of line. Stick around.
:welcome4:

scorekeeper
04-22-2011, 07:04 PM

Beenthere,

WELCOME!!

i come from a family of hunters......never have used duct tape after a kill

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Not at all, I was only joking.

After seeing my sister abducted, I guess this hits close to home... Sorry if I sounded snappy. I have read every thread from the beginning and it just does not come together... :banghead:

mikkismom
04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Duct tape can be used to tape up the bottom of your pants etc. to keep ticks/bugs out.

lishac23
04-22-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Welcome and please stay...this forum....:rocker:

Jo in Calif
04-22-2011, 07:08 PM
After seeing my sister abducted, I guess this hits close to home... Sorry if I sounded snappy. I have read every thread from the beginning and it just does not come together... :banghead:

No worries, glad you're with us.
Your right nothing is coming together.

Nana46
04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
No, not at all. WELCOME to the forum.

It is sometimes hard to understand how people are replying and things get misconstrued. You are not at all out of line. Stick around.
:welcome4:

Welcome and I think I can assure you Jo meant nothing by that remark...if you are not familiar with the Casey Anthony case in Florida, she is the young mother accused of killing her child....duct tape was used to wrap around this little child's face...cause of death not officially known yet I don't think....lots of us have followed that case and when duct tape comes up we or I naturally think of this little child and duct tape....emotions are high around this case the Anthony case) and please please don't take it personally...we are thrilled to have you join us here!!!!

Nana46
04-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Sorry that happened to your family...that is so terrible.....and you are correct in my opinion......nothing is coming together in this case or at least for us on the outside.

MLE
04-22-2011, 07:15 PM
I doubt the tape was pre-cut. It would get stuck to itself and everything else like that. If it was actually cut instead of simply torn off the roll as he went, he must've had scissors or used a knife to cut it.

Kimster
04-22-2011, 07:16 PM
{{{Beentherebefore}}}

:wagon:

Glad you joined us!

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome and I think I can assure you Jo meant nothing by that remark...if you are not familiar with the Casey Anthony case in Florida, she is the young mother accused of killing her child....duct tape was used to wrap around this little child's face...cause of death not officially known yet I don't think....lots of us have followed that case and when duct tape comes up we or I naturally think of this little child and duct tape....emotions are high around this case the Anthony case) and please please don't take it personally...we are thrilled to have you join us here!!!!

No I get it... Being a survivor of seeing something like that, I sometimes forget the humor in dealing with something so tragic. I DO however, believe that it is sometimes the best medicine, and have to remind myself of it often.

Each of you are brilliant in your thought's. I think it takes a special person to look at a situation from a different angle/perspective and take the "extra" minute to question the "what if's?"

Thanks for the warm welcomes, and here is to Holly and many other children and adults who have been abducted, being found.

Soul125
04-22-2011, 07:20 PM
I have been following this case for the past week hoping this girl is found safe. I hope they find something that leads them to her before much more time goes by. LE has their hands full with this one. Lots of ground to cover for searches, but she has to be out there and must be found.

CocoChanel
04-22-2011, 07:21 PM

oh my goodness...that must have been a horrible and life-altering experience. You no doubt have insight into the emotional state the family and friends are in. We really are glad you are here. None of us is as wise as ALL of us together. Welcome to Websleuths.

concentric
04-22-2011, 07:22 PM
If that duct tape with the blond hairs, on the ground, by the side of the road does have evidence of Holly, then:

It may have been a piece this guy discarded that initially he may have grazed her hair with--thus the hairs and the seemingly "new appearance" to it.

If he did discard that portion of duct tape in favor of a different portion to eventually secure to her, then there is always the chance that it could have his DNA on it, from tearing it with his teeth, if he did that, that is.

Paulette
04-22-2011, 07:28 PM

That's because the press says one thing and LE says another and LE is keeping everyone in the dark and everyone is inferring different scenarios, etc., etc. It's quite a mess. I'm even having 2nd thoughts that LE is doing the right thing by keeping everthing quiet.

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 07:28 PM
oh my goodness...that must have been a horrible and life-altering experience. You no doubt have insight into the emotional state the family and friends are in. We really are glad you are here. None of us is as wise as ALL of us together. Welcome to Websleuths.

Not to detract from this situation, but my sister was found (7 years later) and she is the most wonderful woman and my best friend! We have found much healing in one another!:great:

The situation with Holly... I get what her brother is doing. You kill yourself mentally and shut down when you know that there was a smidgen of hope, that you could have done something to change it. Guilt can honestly kill. There is no doubt in my mind that he is not a POI and that LE retracted their statements to allow room for the abductor mistakes. Mentally sick individuals, capable of doing this sort of thing, thrive on being "a part of". They do not walk away as if they hit a squirrel on the road... JMO I guess....

Nana46
04-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I read somewhere (don't know where) that lots of trash was also being found...who knows this duct tape may not even be connected at all to this case.

hinman
04-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Any one know if this will be on NG tonight?

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
That's because the press says one thing and LE says another and LE is keeping everyone in the dark and everyone is inferring different scenarios, etc., etc. It's quite a mess. I'm even having 2nd thoughts that LE is doing the right thing by keeping everthing quiet.

Couldn't agree with you more! By keeping this "that" quiet, people feel like the search is fruitless and you certainly do not want people giving up. I hope they read these boards...

lishac23
04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
I went snooping on FB AGAAAIN... Sorry color me nosey! Does anyone know how old the BF is? Is he a year younger than HB? The reason I ask is because it appears that the BF may have been friends with the brother first... (he was added to his FB in Feb...HB wasn't added until April) not that it could mean anything but it might help to know the dynamics of the relationships of some of these people involved.

Nana46
04-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Not to detract from this situation, but my sister was found (7 years later) and she is the most wonderful woman and my best friend! We have found much healing in one another!:great:

The situation with Holly... I get what her brother is doing. You kill yourself mentally and shut down when you know that there was a smidgen of hope, that you could have done something to change it. Guilt can honestly kill. There is no doubt in my mind that he is not a POI and that LE retracted their statements to allow room for the abductor mistakes. Mentally sick individuals, capable of doing this sort of thing, thrive on being "a part of". They do not walk away as if they hit a squirrel on the road... JMO I guess....

OMG what a nightmare...7 years. God Bless her and you and your family.

concentric
04-22-2011, 07:32 PM
One of the mistakes could be tearing that piece of duct tape with his teeth, or removing a glove, because he's in a hurry, then just leaving it there also because he's in too big of a hurry, like seeing a vehicle driving up in the distance.

lishac23
04-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Beentherebefore;6378094]Not to detract from this situation, but my sister was found (7 years later) and she is the most wonderful woman and my best friend! We have found much healing in one another!:great:[/B]

:great::great::great::great:

Thank you for your insight as well!!!

fraudqueen
04-22-2011, 07:36 PM

Don't know yet, but I sure enjoyed seeing Deborah Norville cover it. She did a good job without all the yelling NG does. I used to wait for her show every night and then it changed, like the top stories were not making it on the show in time....JMO

Peepers
04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
WOW!!! what an absolute miracle that your sister was found after 7 seven years. I cant imagine the emotional toll and guilt and the the elation in finding her. That is wonderful
!!!!!!

fraudqueen
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I was just thinking about the Anthony case (my husband were searchers) and wondering how far it would have gotten if no information had been given out from the beginning.

cheko1
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
If that duct tape with the blond hairs, on the ground, by the side of the road does have evidence of Holly, then:

It may have been a piece this guy discarded that initially he may have grazed her hair with--thus the hairs and the seemingly "new appearance" to it.

If he did discard that portion of duct tape in favor of a different portion to eventually secure to her, then there is always the chance that it could have his DNA on it, from tearing it with his teeth, if he did that, that is.

Lets hope he left a few awesome fingerprints too!

hinman
04-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Don't know yet, but I sure enjoyed seeing Deborah Norville cover it. She did a good job without all the yelling NG does. I used to wait for her show every night and then it changed, like the top stories were not making it on the show in time....JMOI actualy stopped watching it. Only catch it occasionally. I use to like to watch Greta also but not no more.

annalyzer
04-22-2011, 07:45 PM
But why? Is it to secure legs (deer, etc) making the travel easier? Would a hunter use duct tape for any other reason during hunting?

i know of no reason to carry or use duct tape while hunting. my husband was an avid hunter and he didn't

cheko1
04-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Couldn't agree with you more! By keeping this "that" quiet, people feel like the search is fruitless and you certainly do not want people giving up. I hope they read these boards...

My heart goes out to you & your family for having to go thru such a awful experience. Thank God for a wonderful ending.

fraudqueen
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
asked hubby about duct tape in the woods...he said tons of reasons to have it...especially for survivalists and hunters. If your tent rips, tape it....if mosquitos are biting,tape sleeves and neck down... if you are crossing a creek and don't want the bottom of your pants to get wet, tape them up around the knees.....I had never thought about it myself

MOO

jaycee
04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Friday search update.

Search expands to new parts of Natchez Trace State Park

Authorities are asking for 1500 volunteers a day over the weekend

Family and friends still believe Holly is alive

More at: http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I went snooping on FB AGAAAIN... Sorry color me nosey! Does anyone know how old the BF is? Is he a year younger than HB? The reason I ask is because it appears that the BF may have been friends with the brother first... (he was added to his FB in Feb...HB wasn't added until April) not that it could mean anything but it might help to know the dynamics of the relationships of some of these people involved.

According to his fb he graduated in 2010 which would probably make him around 19

Kimster
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
FYI: If a link goes ********, it is not allowed to be discussed on Websleuths.

:tyou:

fraudqueen
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
well, it looks like the Anthony case on NG tonight

Daisyjane
04-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Nope, it's a repeat of the Caylee Anthony case and 'tot-mom' as NG calls Casey.

s_finch
04-22-2011, 08:16 PM
i know of no reason to carry or use duct tape while hunting. my husband was an avid hunter and he didn't

Sorry, I have to laugh at myself regarding your post. I'm a cosmetologist and have some at my salon and used it yesterday to fix something (not visible to clients). Duck tape is a rednecks best friend, lol I don't think my husband carried it on him when hunting but I'm sure there was a roll in his truck. That's just the south--you don't leave home without your duct tape. lol

About Holly, I'm praying for her and her family, and LE and searchers. I can't imagine the pain this is causing.

scorekeeper
04-22-2011, 08:17 PM
T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

money raised from t-shirts discussed early on thread...this might clear up somethings..

s_finch
04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

money raised from t-shirts discussed early on thread...this might clear up somethings..

Does anyone know which scripture it is?

CHARLISA
04-22-2011, 08:27 PM

I hope they make millions :) I also think mom should go with Holly for that vacation, she deserves it too :)

fraudqueen
04-22-2011, 08:28 PM

my brain is scrambled from everything that is going on

s_finch
04-22-2011, 08:34 PM

When my son went missing for a few hours, hundreds of people were out in just a few minutes cuz we put it on facebook immediately, after calling 911, and we live in a small community. At one point LE asked people to come to the command center and sign in. However before they had a chance to, our son was found (safe and sound, thank you Jesus). Point being, I'm sure lots of the searchers wouldn't have taken the time to stop searching (even if they had gotten the sheriff's message to do so) , make their way to the command center and sign in, they wouldn't have realized the importance. It was crazy when people were searching, they were tripping over each other looking for him, everyone kind of in a panic (me in hysterics!). IF it had been a crime scene (which it wasn't), evidence would have been trampled.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative to those who searched for my son. I wouldn't go back and change a thing that happened that morning (other than him not getting lost to begin with), but from my experience I can see what happens, even with the best of intentions, when searchers are not prepared/trained and organized.

Penelope
04-22-2011, 08:34 PM

Up here in rural Manitoba, it's the big joke that everyone had duct tape in their homes, cars, etc. It's used for EVERYTHING -- fixing something broken on a lawnmower, atv, gun, crossbow, etc., etc. I wouldn't be caught dead without duct tape when camping. It would make sense that the perp would carry some -- he probably carries it all the time in his camo jacket.

Soul125
04-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry, but could someone post the map again with the locations. I saw it earlier, but can't find it now. Was curious as to how far the state park is from her home.

Thanks

not_my_kids
04-22-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-T-shirts-Available-120334429.html
The shirt reads "Pray for Holly's Safe Return" on the back and has a pink ribbon on the front along with Bobo's name.
"We're going to print one thousand more t-shirts Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to continue this until we have sold enough to cover the reward the family has offered," said Steve Hinson of Amerawear.

These are the same shirts, some sources describe them as above, some say that they have "a scripture" on them, but not which one, so sorry to whoever asked.

not_my_kids
04-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Found it...the scripture is "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Said to be her favorite.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/211589_100000004977228_511167_q.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3D10150165038919742%26i d%3D159026164741&usg=__QOm9YjcAsqs1foUoOJgMWO-_LgE=&h=50&w=50&sz=3&hl=en&start=14&sig2=hsJLcyX3zeD58bTPdogvvA&zoom=1&tbnid=u-U5siMQ_PNctM:&tbnh=50&tbnw=50&ei=ISCyTeq0GIqisAOGopH9Cw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dholly%2Bbobo%2Bshirts%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D653%26tbm%3Disch0%2C800&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=262&page=2&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:14&tx=19&ty=9&biw=1024&bih=653

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry, but could someone post the map again with the locations. I saw it earlier, but can't find it now. Was curious as to how far the state park is from her home.

Thanks

here ya go!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.717528,-88.113785&spn=0.212961,0.65918&z=11link

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Cell phone pinged!

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/22/source-missing-nurse-holly-bobos-cell-pinged-after-abduction/

not that it says much there... but she texted b/f and phone pinged after abduction

ChattyWoman
04-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Found it...the scripture is "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Said to be her favorite.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/211589_100000004977228_511167_q.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3D10150165038919742%26i d%3D159026164741&usg=__QOm9YjcAsqs1foUoOJgMWO-_LgE=&h=50&w=50&sz=3&hl=en&start=14&sig2=hsJLcyX3zeD58bTPdogvvA&zoom=1&tbnid=u-U5siMQ_PNctM:&tbnh=50&tbnw=50&ei=ISCyTeq0GIqisAOGopH9Cw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dholly%2Bbobo%2Bshirts%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D653%26tbm%3Disch0%2C800&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=262&page=2&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:14&tx=19&ty=9&biw=1024&bih=653

Philippians 4:13

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Cell phone pinged!

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/22/source-missing-nurse-holly-bobos-cell-pinged-after-abduction/

not that it says much there... but she texted b/f and phone pinged after abduction

thats interesting!

Within a mile of her home!

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Its news. Taking the statements at face value, it would seem to clear the b/f not that I think he was involved.

The NG show tonight was NOT a repeat either. it was new. The Casey Anthony case is just on there ALL THE TIME and NG replays a lot of the same sound bites so it might seem like a repeat.

not_my_kids
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Cell phone pinged!

I would give my left arm to know how long after.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Its news. Taking the statements at face value, it would seem to clear the b/f not that I think he was involved.

The NG show tonight was NOT a repeat either. it was new. The Casey Anthony case is just on there ALL THE TIME and NG replays a lot of the same sound bites so it might seem like a repeat.

She could have sent him a text before she left! LOL he didnt say he sent her one.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:03 PM
I wonder if Clint called the bf that morning?

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I assume LE examind his phone and would see the messages. Again, taking this at face value it sounds like they didnt break up the day before etc... It was morning, shes going off to school, messages b/f, heads out to the car...

Carla Lashelle
man people are missing the first real news in a week!

annboleyn2011
I don't mean to sound cold or unfeeling but I have a question. I realize every missing persons case/abduction is different. At what point do they move to recovery mode? Is it when they feel they have exhausted all searches? I am always unclear on this.

Jo in Calif
04-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Cell phone pinged!

I would think that would be quite a bombshell.
Would have been on her show, I would think.

dreamweaver
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.facebook.com/BHBHS
FB page

Tomorrow's search will be by 5 Forks, just up the road from
where Holly lives.

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 09:07 PM
How would they know Holly sent the text...

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I assume LE examind his phone and would see the messages. Again, taking this at face value it sounds like they didnt break up the day before etc... It was morning, shes going off to school, messages b/f, heads out to the car...

Well Carla they could have been breaking up that dosent mean they wouldnt talk. Id like to know if he ans her text?

LOL i dont let anyone off the hook tooo easy LOL

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I would think that would be quite a bombshell.
Would have been on her show, I would think.

I turned the show on and it was anthony stuff and I watched a second and switched back to Baseball.

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 09:08 PM
LE needs to give some glimmer of hope, otherwise, people are going to start to lose hope and go back to their normal work/school routine.

To say her phone pinged a mile from her home after the abduction, is "something", but it does not help anyone grasp a sense of anything when LE said that they hope to have completely covered the immediate area by Sunday.

If they would just look in the crowd, I am sure he is there...

cfreyja23
04-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi, I'm new. I've read through most of the comments and was surprised no one mentioned that the perpetrator, especially if he knew the family, may have told her that he'd hurt her brother if she called out, or didn't walk away with him. That would be the most effective way to get me to walk off with someone. This is purely conjecture, of course, but it would be a highly effective way to subdue someone without having to even touch them.

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Well Carla they could have been breaking up that dosent mean they wouldnt talk. Id like to know if he ans her text?

LOL i dont let anyone off the hook tooo easy LOL

I never suspected him really. And I am usually pretty suspicious. I just dont see this as being something a teenager could pull off for his first big crime. The suspect has to be an "adult" and is probably single.

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 09:10 PM
How far away is Nashville? WSMV does not even have anything about Holly in any of the lead stories.

Jo in Calif
04-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi, I'm new. I've read through most of the comments and was surprised no one mentioned that the perpetrator, especially if he knew the family, may have told her that he'd hurt her brother if she called out, or didn't walk away with him. That would be the most effective way to get me to walk off with someone. This is purely conjecture, of course, but it would be a highly effective way to subdue someone without having to even touch them.

Great first post, welcome.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.facebook.com/BHBHS
FB page

Tomorrow's search will be by 5 Forks, just up the road from
where Holly lives.

UMMMMM shouldnt these areas have been the first searched if they are close to her house?

I have to go look up 5 forks.

I see 5 forks road and i see Ararat Cemetary road it is just off swan johnson ..

Is there a CEMETARY THERE??????????

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:16 PM
When my son went missing for a few hours, hundreds of people were out in just a few minutes cuz we put it on facebook immediately, after calling 911, and we live in a small community. At one point LE asked people to come to the command center and sign in. However before they had a chance to, our son was found (safe and sound, thank you Jesus). Point being, I'm sure lots of the searchers wouldn't have taken the time to stop searching (even if they had gotten the sheriff's message to do so) , make their way to the command center and sign in, they wouldn't have realized the importance. It was crazy when people were searching, they were tripping over each other looking for him, everyone kind of in a panic (me in hysterics!). IF it had been a crime scene (which it wasn't), evidence would have been trampled.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative to those who searched for my son. I wouldn't go back and change a thing that happened that morning (other than him not getting lost to begin with), but from my experience I can see what happens, even with the best of intentions, when searchers are not prepared/trained and organized.

Your story reminds me of one of mine.....one day the children of three families, including ours, were playing together, going back and forth between each others houses, which were for all practical purposes, next door to each other. Suddenly all the parents realized they're weren't at anyone's house and they weren't in sight.

The sheer terror of it was astounding for all of us. It was like we were all coming out of our skins. It instantly turned to be a combat like situation. I don't think I've ever felt anything like it before or sense.

We each felt we had something we had to do. On the phone, one running one way looking another running in a different direction in sheer terror.

We found all the cute little rascals a couple of blocks away. They'd been picking flowers for their parents and were singing their sweet songs and just happy as could be, laughing and smiling. We were so glad to find them.

May God, Our Heavenly Fatherm, as we near Easter, watch over all the children. Please bring Holly back to her family and to us.

The sheer sense of relief was a religious experience for us all. I don't think there was a dry eye among any of us.

Beentherebefore
04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
UMMMMM shouldnt these areas have been the first searched if they are close to her house?

I see 5 forks road and i see Ararat Cemetary road it is just off swan johnson ..

At this point, I doubt nothing... A man who went missing was found in NH today--across the street from his abandoned car. Searchers "missed" his body. This seems to happen all too often, and I think that although large groups of searchers can be beneficial, they can also be harmful.

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 09:18 PM

Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine

im not sure what to make of this...

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Your story reminds me of one of mine.....one day the children of three families, including ours, were playing together, going back and forth between each others houses, which were for all practical purposes, next door to each other. Suddenly all the parents realized they're weren't at anyone's house and they weren't in sight.

The sheer terror of it was astounding for all of us. It was like we were all coming out of our skins. It instantly turned to be a combat like situation. I don't think I've ever felt anything like it before or sense.

We each felt we had something we had to do. On the phone, one running one way looking another running in a different direction in sheer terror.

We found all the cute little rascals a couple of blocks away. They'd been picking flowers for their parents and were singing their sweet songs. We were so glad to find them.

May God, Our Heavenly Father, as we near Easter, watch over all the children. Please bring Holly back to her family and to us.

The sheer sense of relief was a religious experience for us all. I don't think there was a dry eye among any of us.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.tngenweb.org/records/henderson/cemeteries/mtararat.htm

THERE IS A CEMETARY OFF OF 5 FORKS ROAD maybe they should take a look there.

This just gave me goosebumps

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
I am never comfortable with a story breaking first on NG...will wait for confirmation of the ping...

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:23 PM
At this point, I doubt nothing... A man who went missing was found in NH today--across the street from his abandoned car. Searchers "missed" his body. This seems to happen all too often, and I think that although large groups of searchers can be beneficial, they can also be harmful.

OH I totally agree with that!

evelyn24
04-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Cell phone pinged!

LE needs to give some glimmer of hope, otherwise, people are going to start to lose hope and go back to their normal work/school routine.

To say her phone pinged a mile from her home after the abduction, is "something", but it does not help anyone grasp a sense of anything when LE said that they hope to have completely covered the immediate area by Sunday.

Not even a mile from her home, but WITHIN a mile. So it could have pinged even closer to her home. I'm not sure this is such big news though because it was soon after the abduction. If we had the time it pinged last that would be much more helpful. Dang it.

nervous_nellie
I am never comfortable with a story breaking first on NG...will wait for confirmation of the ping...

you and me both :) although i really do hope this is some kind of break ...

Kimster

:wagon:

I think that is VERY plausible!

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:26 PM

Well, I hope they look all over the place where it looks like there's dirt roads that look like lightening bolts on the google map.....from the map they look like they could be accessed from 5 Forks Road.

If you find that map again, could you please send a link? I've closed all my maps.

dreamweaver
04-22-2011, 09:26 PM

Welcome to WS!!!

dreamweaver
04-22-2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYmB8TaL29I
Bring Home Holly Bobo

I am unsure if this has been posted yet or not.

Soul125
04-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, I hope they look all over the place where it looks like there's dirt roads that look like lightening bolts on the google map.....from the map they look like they could be accessed from 5 Forks Road.

If you find that map again, could you please send a link? I've closed all my maps.

I found the map I saw earlier. Here is a map a great poster made. Thanks again for the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.717528,-88.113785&spn=0.212961,0.65918&z=11link

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Not even a mile from her home, but WITHIN a mile. So it could have pinged even closer to her home. I'm not sure this is such big news though because it was soon after the abduction. If we had the time it pinged last that would be much more helpful. Dang it.

Well it does confirm she had her phone and that it was on and in operating condition.

I had mentioned a few days ago/week ago that I wondered if all this didnt go down so close to her house that there wouldnt be pings from multiple towers?

But hey its SOMETHING new to discuss here. I think people were getting testy today with the lack of news and multiple rehashings of the usual dead horses.

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 09:30 PM
IF she sent a text AFTER the time she was known to be walking towards the woods, it is big news...but again, I don't take my news from NG, nothing personal.

DNeecie
04-22-2011, 09:31 PM

Me too. This source could be someone that lives in the town who claims to "know" what's going on but only going by what they've heard.

Say she did send the text after she was abducted. He may have made her do it because he didn't know that the brother saw them walk off into the woods, buying himself time to get further away.

Carla Lashelle
04-22-2011, 09:31 PM
IF she sent a text AFTER the time she was known to be walking towards the woods, it is big news...but again, I don't take my news from NG, nothing personal.

Oh yeah normally I despise her. But again... its something to gnaw on over the weekend. I dont see a lot of other news in the case. Someone probably leaked out a tidbit to keep the interest up over the holiday weekened

oceanblueeyes
04-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Well Carla they could have been breaking up that docent mean they wouldn't talk. Id like to know if he ans her text?

LOL i don't let anyone off the hook tooo easy LOL

I am coming in late Eileen so please forgive me if this has already been answered. Where is the information coming from that Holly and her boyfriend were breaking up?

I really haven't had any suspicions about him or her brother since this case began. I believe this is someone who has had a fixation and obession about Holly for some time. I hope and pray that LE has talked extensively to Holly's best friends to see if she mentioned feeling uncomfortable around a certain someone.

I have been thinking about the flecks of blood supposedly found though. Could he have told her that maybe a friend of his got hurt when they were in the woods turkey hunting that morning and he asked her to go with him there to help?

The reason I wonder is I do think whomever has taken Holly knows her but not a real close relationship but someone she would be familiar with if she saw him...even knowing his name. For all we know this perp could be someone that works at a place in town that she frequents or even someone at the school.

If he was going to nursing school himself then he would know that if he asked Holly to help him if someone was supposedly hurt I think he knew she would go with him. If he knew where she lived he would also know how long it would take her to get to school and approximately when she would leave her home.

I read on the property listing site that the garage is detached from Holly's home and that would mean he wouldn't have to come up to the home itself in order to approach her.

IMO

s_finch
04-22-2011, 09:33 PM

Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine

I'm guessing either she sent the text before the abduction and it didn't go through right away or the perp told her what to write.

not_my_kids
04-22-2011, 09:35 PM
At least (if true) it tells us that she had her phone with her, be it in her hand or bookbag, or whatever. At least she had it.

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
If there is a text, what time it was sent and what it says is obviously vital...and obviously LE knows if and what...

I wonder if pings continued after that time (assuming this is true); or if the battery was removed soon after? Maybe he took the phone from her and took battery out and pinging stopped. Or maybe it pinged for a day or two until battery ran down and they based early searches on that...

Oh to have ANY info to go on, in this case. Times, descriptions of what was really seen...:( I don't even have to have the 911 calls, just some very basic info would be great.

evelyn24
04-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Well it does confirm she had her phone and that it was on and in operating condition.

I had mentioned a few days ago/week ago that I wondered if all this didnt go down so close to her house that there wouldnt be pings from multiple towers?

But hey its SOMETHING new to discuss here. I think people were getting testy today with the lack of news and multiple rehashings of the usual dead horses.

Oh I'm glad you reported it, it's definitely interesting. I just wish we knew what time it was and I guess that was the last ping?

paris_paris
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Just gotta ask... didn't we read previously that her cell phone had been found?

carry on

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm guessing either she sent the text before the abduction and it didn't go through right away or the perp told her what to write.

or its just hype... until le confirms im going to hold off on it... its just too vague which is why i think it is on the blog and wasnt on air... jmo...

depending on how long she was within a mile of her home her phone pings would reflect that... but the texting - that i want to know about. even then since we havent been given anything in which to construct a decent timeline we have no idea how it fits in to anything...

norest4thewicked
04-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Why couldn't she have texted her boyfriend while she was in the house, a minute before she went outside?

s_finch
I don't know how to do a poll but it seems to me that many of us ol' timers on here all feel about the same about this case.

1) This was a well planned abduction, the result of an obsession
2) Brother and boyfriend aren't involved
3) Perp is someone local who was on the periphery of Holly's life
4) We feel there is a good chance Holly is still alive
5) The perp is an adult at least in his middle 20's but probably older (I lean towards 30's)
6) Probably not the perp's first crime
7) Perp has been involved in the searches

Please feel free to add to this list, disagree, do a poll, whatever...

Eileen730
I am coming in late Eileen so please forgive me if this has already been answered. Where is the information coming from that Holly and her boyfriend were breaking up?

I really haven't had any suspicions about him or her brother since this case began. I believe this is someone who has had a fixation and obession about Holly for some time. I hope and pray that LE has talked extensively to Holly's best friends to see if she mentioned feeling uncomfortable around a certain someone.

I have been thinking about the flecks of blood supposedly found though. Could he have told her that maybe a friend of his got hurt when they were in the woods turkey hunting that morning and he asked her to go with him there to help?

The reason I wonder is I do think whomever has taken Holly knows her but not a real close relationship but someone she would be familiar with if she saw him...even knowing his name. For all we know this perp could be someone that works at a place in town that she frequents or even someone at the school.

If he was going to nursing school himself then he would know that if he asked Holly to help him if someone was supposedly hurt I think he knew she would go with him. If he knew where she lived he would also know how long it would take her to get to school and approximately when she would leave her home.

I read on the property listing site that the garage is detached from Holly's home and that would mean he wouldn't have to come up to the home itself in order to approach her.

IMO

LOL there isnt someone said......
The BF got a text from her so that would mean they were not breaking up and i said they could be breaking up Or fighting and still talk to each other on the phone Thats all

evelyn24
04-22-2011, 09:44 PM

We don't know what time the text was sent or received. It's possible it was sent and received before the abduction while she was getting ready to leave.
The ping was reportedly after the abduction within a mile of her home.

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:44 PM
I found the map I saw earlier. Here is a map a great poster made. Thanks again for the map.

I can't find 5 Forks Road on this map....anyone else find it?

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't know how to do a poll but it seems to me that many of us ol' timers on here all feel about the same about this case.

5) The perp is an adult at least in his middle 20's but probably older (I lean towards 30's)

Count me out!
Im in a total diff direction!

s_finch
04-22-2011, 09:45 PM
or its just hype... until le confirms im going to hold off on it... its just too vague which is why i think it is on the blog and wasnt on air... jmo...

depending on how long she was within a mile of her home her phone pings would reflect that... but the texting - that i want to know about. even then since we havent been given anything in which to construct a decent timeline we have no idea how it fits in to anything...

BBM I agree Nervous Nellie!

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM

My question would be how is it possible to tell how someone 'sounds' from a text......I'd say 'seemed' ok....but not 'sounded' ok. Maybe, like you're saying, this is birdseed.

s_finch
Count me out!
Im in a total diff direction!

Interesting. I always like to hear other pov. What do you think happened?

hinman

Ok trying to catch up. Yeah we got some news!! Anyway I didn't realize cell phone pings could be that precise. Sorry to bring up the cell phone pings again. I just always thought they could determine a certain radius.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I can't find 5 Forks Road on this map....anyone else find it?

Here ya go Mick!

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Here ya go Mick!

http://maps.google.com/

Thankeee, thankeee!!

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
The NG page says "soon after" her abduction...for the ping, not for the text. If it only pinged the once, the battery must have died or been removed shortly thereafter.

Mick
04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Here ya go Mick!

Would that be the 5 Forks River Road in Waverly, TN?

On the earlier maps, I didn't notice 'river' being on the road name....??

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Interesting. I always like to hear other pov. What do you think happened?

wELL !!!

I dont believe its a stranger.
I dont think she is alive (Sadly)
I think he is involved with the searches
I dont think hes done this before.
I dont think she will be found!

Jo in Calif
04-22-2011, 10:01 PM
The NG page says "soon after" her abduction...for the ping, not for the text. If it only pinged the once, the battery must have died or been removed shortly thereafter.

Yup, your right on that clu.
The phone could also have been tossed in the water, that would stop the little bugger from pinging.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Would that be the 5 Forks River Road in Waverly, TN?

On the earlier maps, I didn't notice 'river' being on the road name....??

No darden its right off swan johnson

ugh it keeps going back to the origional map

Mick up at the search on google maps type 5 forks road darden tennessee

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 10:02 PM
i wonder how the perp would react to the reports of holly sending texts after the abduction?

evelyn24
04-22-2011, 10:05 PM

Maybe it's a re-search? idk

Nehemiah
04-22-2011, 10:06 PM
i wonder how the perp would react to the reports of holly sending texts after the abduction?

That's a very good thought. Unless he took that phone from her first thing, I bet he's nervous as a cat tonight.

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:07 PM

LOL nellie hi!

I think it said her phone pinged after the abduction and the BF said she sent him a text that morning it could have been before she left.

dreamweaver
04-22-2011, 10:07 PM
:banghead:

JMO:
1. It was a planned abduction.
2. Boyfriend and brother are not involved.
3. He is a local.
4. I don't feel Holly is alive. I think she was killed within hours of her abduction.
5. I am not sure of his age. Maybe 25 to 30?
6. He may not have kidnapped anyone before, but he may have a criminal record of things leading up to something like this.
7. I don't know if he is involved in the search, maybe on the outside, listening to all the news the searchers discuss.

8. This will not satisfy him, he will have to do it again.

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
LOL nellie hi!

I think it said her phone pinged after the abduction and the BF said she sent him a text that morning it could have been before she left.

i sorta think the media or le is playing a jedi mind trick... something psychological or hopefully some useful info is going to begin to trickle out

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Wait wait wait!!!!!!

Maybe her phone rang when he had her ok....
Phone maybe in lunch tote along with her wallet ( she would need wallet for her DL....
when it rings he grabs the tote and tosses it away !

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:11 PM
i sorta think the media or le is playing a jedi mind trick... something psychological or hopefully some useful info is going to begin to trickle out

LOL ya never know Nellie ya nevr know!

Mick
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM
No darden its right off swan johnson

ugh it keeps going back to the origional map

Mick up at the search on google maps type 5 forks road darden tennessee

10-4

Off the Waverly, TN, 5 Forks River Road, there's a plethora of places that look a lot like what I suspected. Will go see what I can find at that search.

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Wait wait wait!!!!!!

Phone maybe in lunch tote along with her wallet ( she would need wallet for her DL....
when it rings he grabs the tote and tosses it away !

could have been the brother trying to call after seeing the blood... or the mother after brother called her??? good idea!

hinman
04-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Wait wait wait!!!!!!

when it rings he grabs the tote and tosses it away !on prime news yesterday someone can't remember who was saying that her friends were all trying to call her right after she went missing. The phone would just ring.

Eileen730

JMO:
3. He is a local.
4. I don't feel Holly is alive. I think she was killed within hours of her abduction.
6. He may not have kidnapped anyone before, but he may have a criminal record of things leading up to something like this.
7. I don't know if he is involved in the search, maybe on the outside, listening to all the news the searchers discuss.

I think he will kill himself!

oceanblueeyes

I do agree with most of your compelling list.

But I just don't get the feeling that Holly is alive (4) and hasn't been for sometime imo. I hope I am totally wrong though.

Also I am not sure if the perp has done other crimes (6) especially crimes this egregious in nature.

But the rest of the list I do agree with you.

IMO

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
on prime news yesterday someone can't remember who was saying that her friends were all trying to call her right after she went missing. The phone would just ring.

Well if it rang the phone was on when its off it goes right to voicemail! JMO

fedfan4life
04-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Then it would have pinged 8 miles away, not within a mile.

nervous_nellie
04-22-2011, 10:16 PM

thats only if it didnt ring before being dumped there...

Mick
04-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Yep, as close as I can see there's plenty of places on the "5 Forks Road Darden Tennessee, that could be too.....I can't tell though. Wish I could get in closer.

norest4thewicked
04-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I think he will kill himself!

Serial killers don't kill themselves. And, I hate to say this, but this is where I think it is. And, I think that Heather Sullivan was a failed abduction by the same man. I sure hope I'm wrong...

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:19 PM

This is true!

PibblePal
04-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I am wondering the same thing! For some reason I feel with each bit of information released (which is not much lol), I imagine his reaction upon hearing the info and getting infuriated with her... :(

charminglane
04-22-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't believe it is human blood. Animal blood that was staged.
I feel the perp is a person from her church, obsessed with her "perfection."

Eileen730
04-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Serial killers don't kill themselves. And, I hate to say this, but this is where I think it is. And, I think that Heather Sullivan was a failed abduction by the same man. I sure hope I'm wrong...

You could be right,,,But then again maybe not..LOL
We shall see!

cfreyja23
04-22-2011, 10:30 PM

I completely agree. I think it was someone she's had previous problems with, who was obsessed with her, and law enforcement will find them together, both deceased. I do not think this is a serial killer.
I prosecuted protective orders at one time, and have met many stalkers, abusive partners, etc. One particular case ended up in a murder-suicide a year and a half later. Another guy whose wife I helped with a protective order killed their kids later on.

s_finch
04-22-2011, 10:31 PM

JMO:
3. He is a local.

Good point on number 8!

norest4thewicked
04-22-2011, 10:32 PM
You could be right,,,But then again maybe not..LOL
We shall see!

Boy no kidding. With this case anything could happen and I'm hoping more than anything that I'm wrong.

cfreyja23
04-22-2011, 10:32 PM

So sorry, I misread your comment. I meant to say that I did not agree. Oops, forgive me, I'm new! (an excuse I'm sure will wear off quickly)

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Of course her phone would be pinging if people were calling her...but if it pinged within a mile, that either means that someone else was calling her, who did not yet know she was missing, or there was not as much of a lapse before brother realized something was wrong.

What I mean is, if he put her into a car and fled, they should have been more than a mile away very quickly, so it really depends what time the pings occurred and who they were from. If the ping was within a mile and a full hour after the abduction, they must have still been in the woods?

All this new info does is bring up lots more questions :( Especially since it is so vague.

My personal belief is Holly was targeted, based on a sexual/perverse motive, and she was taken away from immediate area. I do not feel she is alive, as I feel this was someone somewhat local and he has resumed his regular activities in community.

norest4thewicked
04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I completely agree. I think it was someone she's had previous problems with, who was obsessed with her, and law enforcement will find them together, both deceased. I do not think this is a serial killer.
I prosecuted protective orders at one time, and have met many stalkers, abusive partners, etc. One particular case ended up in a murder-suicide a year and a half later. Another guy whose wife I helped with a protective order killed their kids later on.

If it's someone who knows her, then I think this is a possibility, but if it's a random thing with someone who is stalking her and has done this before, he will go on to do it again. But, I'd rather hope that she will be found.

s_finch
04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I am wondering the same thing! For some reason I feel with each bit of information released (which is not much lol), I imagine his reaction upon hearing the info and getting infuriated with her... :(

WELCOME PibblePal!!!

s_finch
04-22-2011, 10:39 PM
So sorry, I misread your comment. I meant to say that I did not agree. Oops, forgive me, I'm new! (an excuse I'm sure will wear off quickly)

That's ok and welcome to Websleuths!

norest4thewicked
04-22-2011, 10:39 PM
But, because this is a victim friendly forum, I don't think we are supposed to be talking about that possibility. I get confused on what we can and can't talk about, but I'm learning!

cfreyja23
04-22-2011, 10:41 PM
If it's someone who knows her, then I think this is a possibility, but if it's a random thing with someone who is stalking her and has done this before, he will go on to do it again. But, I'd rather hope that she will be found.

I definitely agree with that. Of course predators live in all types of cities, but I tend to believe that a stranger abduction would be less likely in a smaller community and at a remotely located house (statistics may completely refute that, I admit). Add that to her observed behavior standing with the perpetrator and I'm more inclined to believe it is someone she had met before.

norest4thewicked

I knew what you meant...:)

evelyn24
I don't believe it is human blood. Animal blood that was staged.
I feel the perp is a person from her church, obsessed with her "perfection."

I think they have tests that can determine right at the scene whether blood is human or not. If not human at the scene, they probably would never have sent it in for testing.

cfreyja23
04-22-2011, 10:43 PM
But, because this is a victim friendly forum, I don't think we are supposed to be talking about that possibility. I get confused on what we can and can't talk about, but I'm learning!

Thank you, I'll go read the rules carefully. I don't want to offend or upset anyone!

GoHard24
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I think who ever did this stuck to their original plan. If his his plan was to rape her, kill her and dispose of her, it's done. If his plan was to sexually abuse her over time until he gets bored, she's probably still alive.

Nothing in this case, so far, has caused him to steer away from what ever his original plan was. He stalked her and knew when she would be leaving. He knew he was going to grab her and lead her into the woods. What happened after that, we don't know. If he planned to lead her to a remote area in the woods and do what he wanted to her, that's what he did. If he wanted to lead her to a car and move her to his home/shelter, that's what he did.

I'm quite sure of this.

s_finch
04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
My opinion:

Here's my latest thought. IF IF IF LE did release the info about the phone pinging after the abduction, then LE knows she had her phone with her for a while at least and they know the perp knows it and LE is letting the perp know that they know she had the phone----LE is rattling his cage, playing mind games.

If this info did come from LE, then we will probably start seeing more little slips of info....

Soul125
04-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I have been reading up and trying to sort out the details. So I apologize if I get something wrong. They found her lunchbox and not her cell phone correct? The lunchbox was found north of her home as I understand. So most would assume that she was taken north and that is where most of the searches have occurred right?

Cubbies2010
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Of course her phone would be pinging if people were calling her...but if it pinged within a mile, that either means that someone else was calling her, who did not yet know she was missing, or there was not as much of a lapse before brother realized something was wrong.

What I mean is, if he put her into a car and fled, they should have been more than a mile away very quickly, so it really depends what time the pings occurred and who they were from. If the ping was within a mile and a full hour after the abduction, they must have still been in the woods?

All this new info does is bring up lots more questions :( Especially since it is so vague.

My personal belief is Holly was targeted, based on a sexual/perverse motive, and she was taken away from immediate area. I do not feel she is alive, as I feel this was someone somewhat local and he has resumed his regular activities in community.

Or the perp tossed the phone and it's still out there in the woods somewhere.
We don't have details or confirmation they found the phone, right? Only media reports which have been conflicting on almost every point so far.

s_finch
04-22-2011, 10:52 PM
I have been reading up and trying to sort out the details. So I apologize if I get something wrong. They found her lunchbox and not her cell phone correct? The lunchbox was found north of her home as I understand. So most would assume that she was taken north and that is where most of the searches have occurred right?

Yes on the lunch box. There was a report from somewhere that her phone was found, LE says it wasn't. Some on here believe the perp has left a trail away from Holly to confuse LE, that the lunchbox was planted by the perp

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 10:53 PM
To be honest, I don't think LE has done anything to make this perp exactly shake in his boots. He probably thinks, as I do, that LE is totally baffled. Why else would they be asking for 1500 searchers this weekend? They have already searched 10 days, finding a few bits of evidence. They are in a desperate mode to try to find her this weekend before they have change tactics. I don't believe that LE is bringing out these numbers of people simply to try to find her phone.

Soul125
04-22-2011, 10:59 PM
To be honest, I don't think LE has done anything to make this perp exactly shake in his boots. He probably thinks, as I do, that LE is totally baffled. Why else would they be asking for 1500 searchers this weekend? They have already searched 10 days, finding a few bits of evidence. They are in a desperate mode to try to find her this weekend before they have change tactics. I don't believe that LE is bringing out these numbers of people simply to try to find her phone.

I would say you are correct. LE really doesn't have a ton to go on other than the guy took her into the woods. He could have went in any direction with her so that is one huge task at hand considering he no doubt had a vehicle to transport her to where he intended to take her. The large numbers are to find any evidence that leads them in the right direction.

southern_scout
04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I haven't been able to read today at all, but my husband is swearing he read that they were moving the search to Hickman Co. Did anyone read that today or do you have a source that can verify it? He has a hunting lease out there, and if they are moving that way they want to go out and walk it just to check and see. It's land that is owned by a paper company, and is locked up at the road gate, but also not inhabited by anyone and very secluded. He said if that is the case, they want to make sure the searchers know about their land and are able to go into it and search it if they need to.

VicVixvi
04-22-2011, 11:13 PM

on 5) I think late 30's to late 40's.
on 6) I think it is probably his first crime of this type. Perhaps some pedophilia, maybe peeping tom.

I would add

8) Probably recently had a life-changing event such as a divorce. Now lives by self. or perhaps had cared for elder parent and now they are gone.
9) Avid hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman

southern_scout
04-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Ok, I found the article. It says they are looking into leads in Hickman Co. So, if he has land out there do you think it's of any benefit to let the Hickman Co. pd know that it's there and unoccupied? it's a long shot that she would be there, but then again, if they are looking into the lead from the woman in Hickman Co, maybe they are looking at a possible POI in Hickman Co. Too far-fetched?

s_finch
04-22-2011, 11:17 PM
on 5) I think late 30's to late 40's.
on 6) I think it is probably his first crime of this type. Perhaps some pedophilia, maybe peeping tom.

I would add

8) Probably recently had a life-changing event such as a divorce. Now lives by self. or perhaps had cared for elder parent and now they are gone.
9) Avid hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman

good points!

nursebeeme
04-22-2011, 11:29 PM
mick, finally they are checking out your area of interest tomorrow:

Source: areas likely to include a stretch of land known as '5 forks' just up the road from the Bobo property. #hollybobo
2 hours ago
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

nursebeeme
04-22-2011, 11:30 PM
goodnight everyone.. stay safe..

I pray for Holly Bobo...

my whole family does...

shefner
04-22-2011, 11:34 PM
I think if the perp was indeed someone who has been obsessed with her, then there is a greater likelihood that she is still living.

Capri
04-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Well, certainly the BF has to know they will check that text out, from his phone. Now, do we know if Holly sent it, or the attacker...no we don't know

Woe.be.gone
04-22-2011, 11:45 PM

BBM ~ Why would a kidnapper be that careless (unless someone was trying to stage a scene for some reason).

The only thing I can think of is if LE suspects someone who is close to Holly as the perp, it may be too painful to report anything until they are 100 percent sure and have no choice but to make public what they know.

cluciano63
04-22-2011, 11:51 PM
BBM ~ Why would a kidnapper be that careless (unless someone was trying to stage a scene for some reason).

The only thing I can think of is if LE suspects someone who is close to Holly as the perp, it may be too painful to report anything until they are 100 percent sure and have no choice but to make public what they know.

What do you mean by too painful?

Capri
04-22-2011, 11:52 PM

1-planned
2-BF & Bro not involved at all
3-Definitely a local, knew her fairly well, possibly old family ties, as both families may have been in the area for years.
4-Sadly, no
5-Close to Holly's age with a huge ego
6-Not first "crime", but possibly first of this particular type. I'm sure he has little to no respect for women, in particular, but I do feel like he has a GF or wife, possibly
7-maybe, maybe not

I SOOO hope I'm wrong on #4.

MagnoliaMom
04-22-2011, 11:57 PM

My husband has tucked his pants in his boots and duct taped the boots to his pants saying he is keeping the ticks from getting in his clothes. I doubt he actually carries it out into the woods with him though.

Woe.be.gone
04-22-2011, 11:58 PM
my brain is scrambled from everything that is going on

Don't start reading over on the Caylee threads then - you'll loose your mind! :crazy:

annalyzer
04-23-2011, 12:02 AM

new info? just got here. anything new today?

annalyzer
04-23-2011, 12:06 AM
My husband has tucked his pants in his boots and duct taped the boots to his pants saying he is keeping the ticks from getting in his clothes. I doubt he actually carries it out into the woods with him though.

i love duct tape! i'm a master rigger. lol Yeah carrying a roll of duct tape when going hunting would be cumbersome what with everything else needed.

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Cell phone pinged!

The boyfriend says that he got a text from Holly that morning and she sounded fine. Well isn't that nice! Lame that it doesn't mention what time he received the text.
Sure at 7AM everything was fine. Geesh!

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 12:10 AM

snipped by me.....

I agree there is definitely a suspect, LE is watching him, searchers are needed to find Holly and evidence to tie to the suspect, because those are the 2 elements missing that they need to make the arrest. The 'painful' part is that it is someone who was close to Holly.

IMHO

Capri
04-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Someone remind me where the search is tomorrow, please. I scrolled back for it, but my brain is fried & can't find it

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 12:18 AM

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how knowing that Holly's phone pinged a mile away 'after her abduction' (what time?) is such helpful info.

Is it rumor that LE has Holly's phone? That it was found? If it was found, where was it found? (I read it had been found on older threads.)

One good thing though, LE can obtain Holly's phone info.

evelyn24
04-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Someone remind me where the search is tomorrow, please. I scrolled back for it, but my brain is fried & can't find it

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

5 Forks Rd area which is just up the road from the Bobo property.

lillys
04-23-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm trying to wrap my brain around how knowing that Holly's phone pinged a mile away 'after her abduction' (what time?) is such helpful info.

Is it rumor that LE has Holly's phone? That it was found? If it was found, where was it found? (I read it had been found on older threads.)

Where her phone pinged is either 1. Holly's actual location or
2. where the perp was if he/she had Holly's phone.

Where that phone pinged is very important. imo

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Does LE need her actual phone to get ping info? I can't remember anymore...

s_finch
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Abstract thought:

The call for 1500 searchers just makes my hinky meter go crazy. LE calls for 1500 searchers on a Saturday. That's a lot of searchers. IF IF IF the perp lives in the area, knows the Bobo family or friends, or even friends of friends, how is he gonna get out of searching ? (assuming he wanted to get out of it). Work would be the only really good reason, otherwise most anyone could give up at least a few hours tomorrow. If the perp does go search tomorrow, that leaves his house/land unattended for a while at least. Hmmmm

ETA: Well of course a Saturday is the perfect day to call for a large search, I didn't mean that part was unusual, lol

lillys
04-23-2011, 12:27 AM
snipped by me.....

I agree there is definitely a suspect, LE is watching him, searchers are needed to find Holly and evidence to tie to the suspect, because those are the 2 elements missing that they need to make the arrest. The 'painful' part is that it is someone who was close to Holly.

IMHO

My fingers are crossed that Holly will be found very soon. My fingers are crossed that LE will have enough information after Saturday's search to make an arrest. BUT we still may have to wait for any found evidence to be tested before an arrest is made. :banghead:

Irish_Eyes
04-23-2011, 12:30 AM

I'm sure LE knows exactly what time that ping was...which could be helpful....if that ping was within a mile 20 minutes after the abduction, likely they were still on foot at that time....if she left the house at 7:30 and the phone pinged a mile away at 7:35 then clearly the guy had some type of vehicle to cover that distance in that amount of time.

A thought I had about the phone...possibly it pinged more than once but LE is holding that info back....also possibly it could have stopped pinging because
maybe they entered an area where there was no tower to ping off of.
See this site:

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?page=1

If you search by ZIP code it does indicate that there seem to be places in that general area where coverage is not so great.

lillys
04-23-2011, 12:38 AM
I definitely agree with that. Of course predators live in all types of cities, but I tend to believe that a stranger abduction would be less likely in a smaller community and at a remotely located house (statistics may completely refute that, I admit). Add that to her observed behavior standing with the perpetrator and I'm more inclined to believe it is someone she had met before.

I've thought the same thing about abductions in smaller towns. I think small, close knit communitites have fewer stranger abductions. I know this has been discussed before but I'd really like to know if Holly had recently gotten any strange emails, phone calls, messages on FB, that kind of thing?

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 12:41 AM

Or it could have dawned on the guy that she had a cell phone so he took it from her and turned it off. :maddening: I'm thinking that Holly was starting off her day so her cell phone would be fully charged.

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 12:44 AM
If he is known to Holly and her family, he would almost have to be searching, as what would be his excuse, if the whole town is volunteering?

But if he is just known to her by face, as someone she saw around campus or in the bars, for example, he wouldn't be "obligated" to search or make up an excuse, if no one knew about his "relationship" with her.

With this many searchers, even if he is out there, not sure how much damage he could do; I am sure they are searching in fairly large groups and there is no way he could choose which parts of town to search, he would be assigned to a group, wouldn't he (Sarx?)

What is worse to me is if he is searching, due to community pressure, real or imagined, then Holly is not with him and not being fed, etc...and probably not alive.

The request for massive # of searchers, to me, kind of screams of desperation to me. It's like they know they have to begin to wind down the daily searching-this is about the same point when LE stopped the continual searching for Kyron IIRC-so they are hoping to find her this weekend before they have to rethink the case.

Paulette
04-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Abstract thought:

The call for 1500 searchers just makes my hinky meter go crazy. LE calls for 1500 searchers on a Saturday. That's a lot of searchers. IF IF IF the perp lives in the area, knows the Bobo family or friends, or even friends of friends, how is he gonna get out of searching ? (assuming he wanted to get out of it). Work would be the only really good reason, otherwise most anyone could give up at least a few hours tomorrow. If the perp does go search tomorrow, that leaves his house/land unattended for a while at least. Hmmmm

ETA: Well of course a Saturday is the perfect day to call for a large search, I didn't mean that part was unusual, lol

I think LE knows who the perp is and wants him to show up for the search - that's why they're calling for so many people. He can't very well refuse when so many are needed.

SmoothOperator
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh no! This just made my heart thud in my stomach..

Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine.I mean just literally a big ol' thud!! I posted the other night about my strong gut instincts that had kicked in with this case and posted a couple of IMO extremely important and "telling" details of the case that had never left the forefront of my mind..therefor really had my instincts going in a particular direction[posted in Thread#8]..but am not over stepping my boundaries by giving my full opinion but rather waiting for more of the case to play out...

and it certainly seems IMO to be doing just that...Of course these are just instincts and nothing more at this point and I am in no way pointing a direct finger nor laying direct blame on an individual at this time..only stating my opinion of what we know thus far.. but my oh my what is this of boyfriend stating that he got a text from Holly early morning of the day in question and "she was absolutely fine".. great...couldn't have been better..I am hoping it is just my hinky meter going bezerk because so very many times "it" is just who "it" seems to be[i.e. the very one that is supposed to have been there to love and cherish her more than anything]..but God how many times does it turn out to be that the one that supposedly loved more than anything in this world is the very one who caused "her"[as in so many different female cases that we've followed/seen]the pain and anguish in her last moments preceding her death...

I pray that I am totally 100% wrong and totally off base and that Holly is alive and able to come back home..God how I pray that to be the case but my instincts definitely have kicked in..only time will tell..

Prayers for Holly and those who love her are going out fervently tonight...

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Or it could have dawned on the guy that she had a cell phone so he took it from her and turned it off. :maddening: I'm thinking that Holly was starting off her day so her cell phone would be fully charged.

I'm pretty sure it still pings when turned off, unless battery is removed. At least that is what has come up as a fact in several other cases. A phone supposedly will ping as it passes towers, even if turned off.

Irish_Eyes
04-23-2011, 12:47 AM
I think LE knows who the perp is and wants him to show up for the search - that's why they're calling for so many people. He can't very well refuse when so many are needed.

Good Point. Also, with Sunday being Easter, they might figure that fewer people would be searching on that day, people might want to go to church or might be out of town visiting family. So maybe they are doubling up efforts on Saturday knowing that the Sunday crowd could be significantly smaller.

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Where her phone pinged is either 1. Holly's actual location or
2. where the perp was if he/she had Holly's phone.

Where that phone pinged is very important. imo

From what I understand, pings allow a range of location to be known.
I hear what you're saying but it was only shortly after she was missing.
I'm thinking he took her phone then to turn it off.
At least LE would know what direction he took her to start and go from there.
Also, someone else posted that LE could possibly tell by the time of the ping if they were still on foot or hanging out in that spot - different scenarios.