PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Pages : 1 2 [3]

cluciano63
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Happy Easter fellow Websleuthers!

There was an article that said that LE believed that Holly and the abductor were still in the woods because they were able to block all of the exits.

I can't find the article, but I know I saw it somewhere.

Off to go hide Easter eggs!:boing:

I don't see how they could have blocked the exits any sooner than an hour+ at the very least, past the time she went into the woods. It would have taken that long by the time brother called, LE came out, took his statement, looked around the property, called in reinforcements, etc...plenty of time to get out of the woods, especially if a vehicle was parked nearby, which it seems must be the case, to me.

passionflower
04-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Did anyone see Holly that morning except brother and attacker?
Is that the true time?
Did any dogs track her into the woods?
Wonder if that is just story?
Did brother take a lie detector test?
I have only read bits and pieces of story.......

Soul125
04-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't see how they could have blocked the exits any sooner than an hour+ at the very least, past the time she went into the woods. It would have taken that long by the time brother called, LE came out, took his statement, looked around the property, called in reinforcements, etc...plenty of time to get out of the woods, especially if a vehicle was parked nearby, which it seems must be the case, to me.

Yeah, I agree. I think the idea that they are still in the woods trapped is ludicrous. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. Whatever is done is done and this guy is back to his normal routine, whoever he is. I don't feel that he is holding her, but I don't want to think about that. Holding out hope is all we have at this point in time.

passionflower
04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Maybe the dogs didn't pick up a scent at the woodline because she was never at the woodline.

My thoughts are that the woods my be a red herring.....never happened,
wasting time???
We only have brothers story, right? and a neighbor heard a scream?

passionflower
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Hubby & friends were trying to figure out how someone would of done it & its darn near impossible. Unless he did knock her out & put her in a bag...thing is she still had her books / cell & lunch with her. Unreal!!!!

If that is what happened!

anyone could go in woods and 'drop' articles to be found?
That she never was in the woods???
I'd love to know where the dogs started to go if not the woods..........

wfgodot
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I wonder how many people have retained attorneys already. None? One? More?

Quiche
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Hubby & friends were trying to figure out how someone would of done it & its darn near impossible. Unless he did knock her out & put her in a bag...thing is she still had her books / cell & lunch with her. Unreal!!!!

Of course, if those things were left behind it would raise an alarm. I think the blood near the car was unbeknownst to the offender-- if it wasn't discovered, it would seem that Holly may have gottn a ride with someone. jmo

cfreyja23
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM

This may sound kind of "out there," but--as I mentioned before--he could have threatened her family to get her to cooperation. He didn't necessarily need to tie her up or anything. Especially if he knew her family, he could say, "if you don't come with me, I'll kill you right here and go up into your house and kill your brother, then wait for your parents and kill them." I'm the type to fight back ferociously, and I'd still probably cooperate if someone said that to me.

liltexans
04-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I think the account that CB gave to the police is true and accurate and I do not believe that CB or anyone else in Holly's family had anything to do with her disappearance.

I think the information that LE has given to the media has been carefully redacted and edited and that we, the public, are only getting a watered down and frankly, confusing, scenario reported to us.

Even the family spokesman danced around the questions about what CB might have seen. They know much more than they are releasing.

With the FBI, TBI, and local LE involved, I am certain that CB and the rest of the family, as needed, have all been given polygraphs. LE doesn't usually confirm for the public whether they have administered those, much less the results.

I think LE knows (or very strongly suspects) who the perp or perps are, but they will not release this information.

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
According to this, it sounds like the T shirts are being sold to cover the family's portion of the reward money. Perhaps the 'vacation' is where any overage would be directed?

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-T-shirts-Available-120334429.html

"We're going to print one thousand more t-shirts Thursday and hopefully we'll be able to continue this until we have sold enough to cover the reward the family has offered," said Steve Hinson of Amerawear.

Exactly what I have been saying for two days now...but people can't be outraged about that, so it gets skipped over every time, LOL.

VicVixvi
04-24-2011, 12:14 PM

Not that hard, actually. Two scenarios come to mind.

1) He used a ruse to lure her close to the woods, i.e. my friend/dog is shot. Once she tried to use her phone to call 911, he smacked her.

2) He accosted her and smacked her right away.

Either way, especially if she was wearing a backpack, he could have had his hand on her back or backpack in scenario 1 to 'guide' her to the spot or in 2) to control her. Other hand was free to hold a gun/knife to her when needed.

From 300' feet or more, all CB would have seen in a brief glance out the window was Holly and her boyfriend walking towards the woods (remember he would have seen their backs..) and the 'boyfriends' arm is around her.

The mind tends to see what it expects to see. There is no way CB's first thought in this small quiet part of the country would have been 'abduction'.

nervous_nellie
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the account that CB gave to the police is true and accurate and I do not believe that CB or anyone else in Holly's family had anything to do with her disappearance.

I think the information that LE has given to the media has been carefully redacted and edited and that we, the public, are only getting a watered down and frankly, confusing, scenario reported to us.

Even the family spokesman danced around the questions about what CB might have seen. They know much more than they are releasing.

With the FBI, TBI, and local LE involved, I am certain that CB and the rest of the family, as needed, have all been given polygraphs. LE doesn't usually confirm for the public whether they have administered those, much less the results.

I think LE knows (or very strongly suspects) who the perp or perps are, but they will not release this information.

while i agree with you what i dont understand is if le has a description of a suspect why are they not releasing it to the public or trying to reassure the public of their safety? thats the only reason i keep coming back to the original story - not because i dont believe the brothers story, its because of the total absence of any info from le to the public, ie. "no one has been cleared"... that and the 50,000 reward offered out of the state coffers...

VicVixvi
04-24-2011, 12:22 PM
while i agree with you what i dont understand is if le has a description of a suspect why are they not releasing it to the public or trying to reassure the public of their safety? thats the only reason i keep coming back to the original story - not because i dont believe the brothers story, its because of the total absence of any info from le to the public, ie. "no one has been cleared"... that and the 50,000 reward offered out of the state coffers...

Was it ever said that the 50G was out of the state monies? My understanding was that this was the Governor's cash that he was putting up.

cluciano63
04-24-2011, 12:22 PM
If LE knows who the suspect is and knows where he is...that is not good for Holly, it has been way too long.

If they don't know where he is, then an APB should be issued, as has been done with other cases with success, Brittany Smith for one. Lots of young women look like Holly at a glance, but if the public knew what both people looked like, better chance of spotting them. Not to mention, what vehicle they think he is in.

But then again, I don't think LE really knows what happened here at all.

shefner
04-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Exactly what I have been saying for two days now...but people can't be outraged about that, so it gets skipped over every time, LOL.

There have been several sites that have stated that the money from the T-shirt sales would go to the reward fund. One news channel that originally wrote this had to go back and correct their claims after a friend and neighbor of the Bobo's said that she had spoken with Holly's mother, who wanted them to do something so that Holly would have money for a vacation when she returns...or for "anything she wants." That is why they created the Holly Bobo Fund, which is separate from the Holly Bobo Reward Fund.

This is my understanding and I will link the article here. As with everything in this case, who knows the actual truth. But I do know the neighbor made the quote and it has appeared all over the internet.

This article is entitled "Update," and at the bottom half of the article they explain that,
"the proceeds are NOT going to the reward fund, but to the Holly Bobo Fund."

It also says, ""When Holly comes home, [Holly's mother] wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

Most people who are questioning this are not being mean or trying to take the focus away from Holly being rescued. I, for one, find the whole thing unusual....that's all.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

norest4thewicked
I am of the understanding that since this is a victim friendly forum, we are not to talk about the brother being a suspect or questioning his story. I don't think that this young man is lying and feel that the guilt he will have the rest of his life over not acting upon what he saw at the moment he saw it will be in his heart for the rest of his life. I believe what he said and think that we should not be accusing him or talking about him in this light here on this forum.

About the woods being blocked off on all exits. I have to wonder myself if that is possible in the time frame. I think that whoever took her had it planned out perfectly and she was in his vehicle within 15 minutes and they were off to wherever they are now. I certainly hope that they find her soon!

DNeecie
I have a feeling that LE will be giving out more info soon. Too many days are going by without results, but of course we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I also have a feeling there is a reason behind the large amount reward money. It makes me think they are trying to appeal to people who know, but are not coming forward. JMO

not_my_kids
while i agree with you what i dont understand is if le has a description of a suspect why are they not releasing it to the public or trying to reassure the public of their safety? thats the only reason i keep coming back to the original story - not because i dont believe the brothers story, its because of the total absence of any info from le to the public, ie. "no one has been cleared"... that and the 50,000 reward offered out of the states coffers...

I think part of that could be because there seems to be a disconnect between public and LE. LE doesn't think the public is afraid, as the Lt. said in one of the media interviews. And later that same day, there were interviews with the public in which they made it perfectly clear that they were terrified. I think that's at least a part of it, they aren't reassuring the public because they aren't aware there's a need to do so. Which is sad, but happens.

nervous_nellie
04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Was it ever said that the 50G was out of the state monies? My understanding was that this was the Governor's cash that he was putting up.

it was my understanding that it was state money and thats why it was so unheard of considering there are many other missing people in the area...but i could be wrong - i will try to find a link

Rallihanna
04-24-2011, 12:29 PM
With the police releasing almost no information, it makes me concerned. Either they know what the outcome is going to be, or they have decided they don't need to release details. But I do think they're close to losing the public in this case, which is sad.

liltexans
04-24-2011, 12:30 PM

I don't know, but I don't think LE thinks the general public is at risk. I think this was a targeted abduction. The perp wanted Holly, he got her, and LE doesn't have reason to believe he will attack anyone else.

MOO

nervous_nellie
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't know, but I don't think LE thinks the general public is at risk. I think this was a targeted abduction. The perp wanted Holly, he got her, and LE doesn't have reason to believe he will attack anyone else.

MOO

i agree but le usually says so too - their total silence bothers me for some reason...

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 12:35 PM

MOO

Respectfully, I don't agree with this. I do believe that Holly was targeted. I believe that Heather Sullivan was targeted before Holly and I feel that if he is not caught, someone else will be targeted at some point. It might be months or years, but a person like this doesn't stop.

SurfieTX
04-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I've heard that Clint wears glasses/contacts, but didn't have them on or in at the time of the sighting. That accounts for a lot IMO as far as misinterpreting who the abductor was (thinking it was her boyfriend).

What I'm wondering - as far as not releasing the 911 calls and the family not speaking out (per LE request?) is - is there another witness? Perhaps Clint wasn't the one who observed the "dragging/leading" part, but the neighbor or someone else, and LE is allowing everyone to believe that it was Clint for some reason.

ETA for further info: A local on NG FB page had reported that Clint got up w/o his eyewear (perhaps to use the restroom?), looked out and saw the "boyfriend," and went back to bed. The neighbor was the one who called the mother after she heard the scream, who in turn called Clint to go outside to check on Holly. It was then that Clint saw the blood, and the calls were made to 911.

To me, this scenario accounts for the weird reporting initially (drug vs led, the time span it took to call 911, etc.) and points to a second witness IMO.

All MOO and other disclaimers.

sleuthan
04-24-2011, 12:40 PM
I cant remember who posted on here about messaging the girl who claimed a man attempted to kidnap her, anyhow you had suggested she change her profile to private and she replied thanks. I'm curious if she actually did change her settings. I'm not convinced that story is legit to begin with.

liltexans
04-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Respectfully, I don't agree with this. I do believe that Holly was targeted. I believe that Heather Sullivan was targeted before Holly and I feel that if he is not caught, someone else will be targeted at some point. It might be months or years, but a person like this doesn't stop.

We can agree to disagree and still be friends. That's why I love Websleuths!

:rocker:

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 12:44 PM
We can agree to disagree and still be friends. That's why I love Websleuths!

:rocker:

Yep! I respect everyone's opinions...as long as they don't get too weird...haha

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I cant remember who posted on here about messaging the girl who claimed a man attempted to kidnap her, anyhow you had suggested she change her profile to private and she replied thanks. I'm curious if she actually did change her settings. I'm not convinced that story is legit to begin with.

It is a case that happened only 40 minutes from Holly and she reported it to the police at the time it happened. So, it's not a story that she just "came up with."

sleuthan
04-24-2011, 12:48 PM
It is a case that happened only 40 minutes from Holly and she reported it to the police at the time it happened. So, it's not a story that she just "came up with."

Thank you I did read that as well but has it been confirmed and by who?
Ugh the media has me so frustrated the way they reports things as fact!

maskedwoman
04-24-2011, 12:51 PM

I'll admit I thought it a bit fishy, too, but LE confirmed it was reported at the time.

Peliman
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Providing the dogs used were well trained and handled trailing dogs, they should have found Holly's scent in the woods around the Bobo home.

If no scent trail was found around the home then it would indicate she was transported by vehicle from the area. (Not saying that happened)

Providing the right kinds of dogs were used.

I remember from past searches (Haleigh Cummings) LE determined how far she could have gone on foot in 3 hours and drew a perimeter, they searched that perimeter and determined she had to have been transported away from the area.

Anyway, this case is mass confusion. I'd like to know if they really found her purse and/or phone. So many questions, so little answers.

JMO

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Yes, it was confirmed by LE and has been discussed several times in these threads. That's the problem with a case with so many threads, it's virtually impossible unless you go back and read each and every post to keep up with. I have read every post from the beginning, so I know you don't know me, but trust me please that Heather did report this the morning she had this happen....a couple of months before Holly.

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Providing the dogs used were well trained and handled trailing dogs, they should have found Holly's scent in the woods around the Bobo home.

If no scent trail was found around the home then it would indicate she was transported by vehicle from the area. (Not saying that happened)

Providing the right kinds of dogs were used.

I remember from past searches (Haleigh Cummings) LE determined how far she could have gone on foot in 3 hours and drew a perimeter, they searched that perimeter and determined she had to have been transported away from the area.

Anyway, this case is mass confusion. I'd like to know if they really found her purse and/or phone. So many questions, so little answers.

JMO

I believe that the only thing that has been confirmed so far that has been found is the lunch sack with the lunch inside. The tape found has not been confirmed to be a part of this case yet.

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I think if HS made up her story (which I don't believe she did) it would have been pretty coincidental that she was able to make up a story and report it a couple months before Holly's, considering the similarities. But I do think there's a good possibility that the two cases aren't connected, just similar. But I don't think HS was making it up. Now, if she had only come forward after Holly's abduction, that would be different.

Mick
04-24-2011, 01:04 PM
The county next to me (Polk County, FL) was for years the Meth Capital (so I guess it lost that honor?). At least down here Meth labs did not seem to be in the woods but were in cheap houses, trailers, apartments, etc. Somehow I dont see these toothless slackers having the capacity to plan this kidnapping. This took some effort and planning and pulling off a kidnapping like this really isnt the MO for the local junkies.

One of the big problems with meth is it can so easily create manic psychosis. People really get crazy behind it, as in totally delusional. I say this as one with a certificate in addiction studies.

Chili Fries
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM

I've followed a lot of cases and often it's not so simple as LE having a suspect or no suspect. Many times LE are running different degrees of parallel investigations. In this case that has probably manifested itself in the varied search areas...maybe this happened so we search here, we found something that could possibly be involved so we search somewhere else, or we search another place based on a profile, a vague tip or just being thorough...that kind of thing.

Same thing with suspects...there could be different people LE is looking at very closely. We've seen many cases where initially strong suspects have not panned out. In the Somer Thompson case they had a very strong suspect early in the case, a guy who lived right next to the elementary school. But they weren't confident enough about him to tell the public. It probably takes a much higher degree of confidence than most of us think to name a POI. The guy in the Somer case turned out to be innocent.

The bottom line is that nobody with the means or opportunity can be cleared unless LE is very confident they have their perp, often when an arrest is made. Doesn't mean that everyone is a probable suspect in their mind, some people may have the means and opportunity but still have a very small possibility of being the perp. They obviously can't clear the brother at this point but that doesn't mean they think he did it.

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Brasher said the mood in the fairgrounds has been somber at times, but the spirit to continue the search is strong among the volunteers.

"I think the people are willing to keep going; the hours spent here doesn't matter," Brasher said. "The people are willing."

Outside of the fairgrounds building, D'Lynn Burton, of Parsons, loaded boxes of black T-shirts for sale in a pick-up truck.

So far she's sold 2,000 shirts in support of the Holly Bobo Fund.

"We've sent shirts to as far away as New York, Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky and Texas," said Burton, who lives next door to the Bobo family. "I've got four children so I couldn't go out in the search, but this is a way I can best help the family."
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110424/NEWS25/104240321/Volunteers-press-search-Holly-Bobo-Community-still-determined-find-missing-student?odyssey=nav|head
Seems the shirts are also bringing comfort to the community...just saying.

Hundreds of people gathered in western Tennessee for a prayer service for a missing western Tennessee woman.

The service took place Easter Sunday morning at the Decatur County Fairgrounds, WSMV-TV in Nashville reported. The gathering came as volunteers continue to search for 20-year-old Holly Bobo, who was last seen April 13 being led away from her home into a wooded area.

Balloons were released along with the prayer service at the fairgrounds.
http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/734dac29ca3c4d7bbec1fe02c0148377/TN--Tenn-Woman-Abducted/

liltexans
04-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I've followed a lot of cases and often it's not so simple as LE having a suspect or no suspect. Many times LE are running different degrees of parallel investigations. In this case that has probably manifested itself in the varied search areas...maybe this happened so we search here, we found something that could possibly be involved so we search somewhere else, or we search another place based on a profile, a vague tip or just being thorough...that kind of thing.

Same thing with suspects...there could be different people LE is looking at very closely. We've seen many cases where initially strong suspects have not panned out. In the Somer Thompson case they had a very strong suspect early in the case, a guy who lived right next to the elementary school. But they weren't confident enough about him to tell the public. It probably takes a much higher degree of confidence than most of us think to name a POI. The guy in the Somer case turned out to be innocent.

The bottom line is that nobody with the means or opportunity can be cleared unless LE is very confident they have their perp, often when an arrest is made. Doesn't mean that everyone is a probable suspect in their mind, some people may have the means and opportunity but still have a very small possibility of being the perp. They obviously can't clear the brother at this point but that doesn't mean they think he did it.

ITA. And even if they are certain or nearly so, of who the perp is, they still need to collect enough evidence to obtain probable cause for a search warrant or an arrest.

In the meantime, they could very well have someone under surveillance, but they aren't going to release that information to the public at this time.

Dion
04-24-2011, 01:18 PM
There have been several sites that have stated that the money from the T-shirt sales would go to the reward fund. One news channel that originally wrote this had to go back and correct their claims after a friend and neighbor of the Bobo's said that she had spoken with Holly's mother, who wanted them to do something so that Holly would have money for a vacation when she returns...or for "anything she wants." That is why they created the Holly Bobo Fund, which is separate from the Holly Bobo Reward Fund.

This is my understanding and I will link the article here. As with everything in this case, who knows the actual truth. But I do know the neighbor made the quote and it has appeared all over the internet.

This article is entitled "Update," and at the bottom half of the article they explain that,
"the proceeds are NOT going to the reward fund, but to the Holly Bobo Fund."

It also says, ""When Holly comes home, [Holly's mother] wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

Most people who are questioning this are not being mean or trying to take the focus away from Holly being rescued. I, for one, find the whole thing unusual....that's all.
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

I also find this highly unusual, as well as inappropriate at a time when the focus is on searching for Holly. Searches cost money and it's just bizarre to be selling t-shirts that are going to be used for a holiday when hundreds of people are spending their own time and money on trying to help the family and find their daughter.

I can understand that Holly's mother may not be seeing straight right now, and who can blame her, but surely the people around her and supporting her, can see that this could be seen as being .. well ... just plain wrong.

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I also find this highly unusual, as well as inappropriate at a time when the focus is on searching for Holly. Searches cost money and it's just bizarre to be selling t-shirts that are going to be used for a holiday when hundreds of people are spending their own time and money on trying to help the family and find their daughter.

I can understand that Holly's mother may not be seeing straight right now, and who can blame her, but surely the people around her and supporting her, can see that this could be seen as being .. well ... just plain wrong.

If you read the first link in my post a copule up you will see that those supporting her mother are comforted by being able to participate in any small way. Not to mention, there are other comments, such as one by the manager at Parson's Flowers, the seller of the shirts, that it will also be used to cover the reward that the family offered.

If it bothers people, they don't have to buy a shirt. It means nothing. Her mother is doing what she can and what she feels is right. Never having had a missing child before, she likely feels or hopes that Holly will come home needing nothing more than a good vacation. MOO.

ETA - The media in this case is just wacky, all over the place from the first day. Personal opinion, I think that some of the money will be going to the reward fund, LE judt didn't feel it was a good idea to let the community know that the reward was not fully secured yet, as it could keep certain kinds of people from coming forward.

cluciano63
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
What is the reward for, at this point? Safe return only, or info leading to her whereabouts and conviction?

We've had the discussion that rewards are very seldom paid out, so the money put up by the family is not necessarily a loss at this point...or by the state, for that matter.

nervous_nellie
04-24-2011, 01:26 PM
in regard to the shirts i think that at least they are honest about why and where this money will go, unlike in some other cases where it seemed like it was either just not clear about where the money was going or maybe even lied about...

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Honestly, I've seen several different accounts of what the reward is actually for, but one of the most recent was, information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person that abducted her. I think it's also been listed as for her safe return, or just the arrest of the abductor. Sort of hard to be sure at this point.

liltexans
04-24-2011, 01:31 PM
in regard to the shirts i think that at least they are honest about why and where this money will go, unlike in some other cases where it seemed like it was either just not clear about where the money was going or maybe even lied about...

Yes, honesty is the best policy. I think those of us who are following Hailey Dunn's case get our hinky meters up when we first learn about t-shirts and other merchandise and where might the money be going, etc. I've heard that similar issues were raised in Caylee's case too.

As I stated upthread, I still think the quote about a vacation could be a misprint or misquote. It came from someone claiming to be Holly's mother's friend, not from the mother herself. Holly's mom might not even know this has been reported in the media this way. I'm sure she is not concerned about that at the moment.

MOO

cluciano63
04-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Most people don't care where the money goes when they buy a t-shirt from Gap...at least people are getting a shirt for their money. Not just giving money to an unspecified cause.

liltexans
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
According to this article, the money pledged by the Governor is state money.

"Gov. Bill Haslam approved a $50,000 reward from the state..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-reward-tripled-75000/story?id=13397819

VicVixvi
04-24-2011, 01:43 PM
it was my understanding that it was state money and thats why it was so unheard of considering there are many other missing people in the area...but i could be wrong - i will try to find a link

Ah, okay. I never heard one way or the other. I just "assumed" that it was out of the Gov's pocket. You are probably right.

Edit: and by the time I caught up to LilTexans post, I see that you are indeed correct.

panthera
04-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Hmmm... if that report is accurate (big if in my book), it suggests that the blood is from someone for which there is a "known" sample.

I interpreted the reason LE didn't release the results were because they couldn't identify the sample from the known database and would have to rely on first arresting a suspect before being able to match it. If they do know who it belongs to (other than Holly) wouldn't it be enough to name and/or arrest a suspect, especially if they believe the abductor is local? :waitasec: MOO

belimom
04-24-2011, 01:50 PM
According to this article, the money pledged by the Governor is state money.

"Gov. Bill Haslam approved a $50,000 reward from the state..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-reward-tripled-75000/story?id=13397819

How many other people are missing in Tennessee right now? If I had a family member who was missing, I'd be asking where the $50,000 reward for my family member is... I just wonder how the state decides one person gets it and one doesn't. I don't think it has anything to do with the cousin who is a singer. MOO

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I think that this is just yet another in a long line of conflicting reports on this case. I would buy a shirt myself (and will if I can get one) and don't care if this helps the family in some way. I don't know all the facts. No one here does. So, I'm satisfied with letting them do what they feel is right. I understand that others don't feel this way, but that's the way that I feel anyway.

nursebeeme
04-24-2011, 01:57 PM
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, with the assistance of other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, continued with search efforts in Decatur County, Tenn. today and are hopeful Governor Bill Haslam’s offer of a $50,000 reward for information leading to Holly Bobo’s case will generate additional leads. Late last night, District Attorney General Hansel McAdams of the 24th Judicial District requested the Governor offer the reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the kidnapping of Holly.

snip from official tbi release on the reward

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

Meagain
04-24-2011, 01:59 PM

The point is everywhere it's been stated that the extra money is going to go to "the family". And people donating by buying a shirt may not necessarily read the fine print. I would personally be mega ticked off if I found that out after I donated either in hard cash or merely a t-shirt buy.

tfrohning
04-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Heather Sullivan is her name. And what I don't understand why a sketch has not been release. even if not related to Holly other girls are at risk.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27625343/detail.html

liltexans
04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
snip from official tbi release on the reward

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/documents/TennesseeGovernorOffersReward.pdf

Hmmm...do we have any attorneys in this thread who could shed light on the criteria used to make this type of request for funds?

fraudqueen
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
This investigation is like taking a step into the twilight zone....IMO....nothing, nothing, nothing makes any sense from the beginning until now.
My mind is going to a crazy place, because I just thought of a very weird scenario.
Just imagine, for a reason unknown to us, Holly wanted to run away from it all. She confided in her brother and they came up with a plan. He called 911 and the rest is history....it was too late for him to take it back for whatever reason.
Because we don't really know about people's lives, not even our next door neighbors.
I'm sorry, just had to put this in even though it makes no sense, but I wish it did because then Holly would be alive. MOO

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 02:09 PM
How many other people are missing in Tennessee right now? If I had a family member who was missing, I'd be asking where the $50,000 reward for my family member is... I just wonder how the state decides one person gets it and one doesn't. I don't think it has anything to do with the cousin who is a singer. MOO

We have several missing here in Tennessee. This is just speculation, but look at the entire media storm over this case. It is a huge nationwide case and everyone knows about it. It's different than the other Tennessee cases where someone just went missing and no one was there to witness the abduction. But for CB seeing Holly being taken into the woods, this might have fallen along those lines as well. Shelly Mook is missing from here in Nashville and it is not receiving that national attention because it was said she was previously in an abusive relationship. Unfortunately for those in these abusive relationships, these types of cases aren't looked at in the same way as a beautiful 18 year old girl who looks to be the "perfect woman." Partner that with the fact that there is no comparison in small communities to huge metropolitan areas in terms of the family "feel" in these places. A small community would virtually use every single resident in their quest to resolve the case and this means lots of ideas. In large cities, you just don't have that camaraderie that small towns do. I would think that other SAR could request the governor to give money. Perhaps others just haven't thought of it.

mahmoo
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Heather Sullivan is her name. And what I don't understand why a sketch has not been release. even if not related to Holly other girls are at risk.
I think it's because she didn't get a good enough look at him.

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 02:14 PM
This investigation is like taking a step into the twilight zone....IMO....nothing, nothing, nothing makes any sense from the beginning until now.
My mind is going to a crazy place, because I just thought of a very weird scenario.
Just imagine, for a reason unknown to us, Holly wanted to run away from it all. She confided in her brother and they came up with a plan. He called 911 and the rest is history....it was too late for him to take it back for whatever reason.
Because we don't really know about people's lives, not even our next door neighbors.
I'm sorry, just had to put this in even though it makes no sense, but I wish it did because then Holly would be alive. MOO

I've considered it. Just from certain things that I've read in the media, no real concrete reason why, but it has tickled my mind from time to time, that maybe she just walked away. But the blood seems to go against that theory.
I would like to know more about her and her brother's relationship with their parents...just to clear some things in my own mind, but I doubt that will be revealed any time soon.

evelyn24
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle
LE has already stated clearly they know where Holly went into the woods (and aparently, based on that statement, she/he/they exited the woods).

When did they clearly state this? I don't recall anyone from LE stating that they knew for a fact she she entered the woods or where the entry and exit point was. I know someone gave a presser talking about an entry point but I'm pretty sure that comment was proceded by a mention that they were basing this off of CB's eyewitness account of where he saw HB being led into the woods and not because they had physical evidence of where she entered the woods. I think their entire search has been based off of very little evidence and mostly CB's account of what happened. IMO

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 02:17 PM

Yes. HS said that the light she had in her hand was shining in her eyes. I know that either she dropped it or he knocked it out of her hand, but by this time or within seconds after, he most likely turned away and ran. This probably all happened in a flash.

norest4thewicked
04-24-2011, 02:20 PM
When did they clearly state this? I don't recall anyone from LE stating that they knew for a fact she she entered the woods or where the entry and exit point was. I know someone gave a presser talking about an entry point but I'm pretty sure that comment was proceded by a mention that they were basing this off of CB's eyewitness account of where he saw HB being led into the woods and not because they had physical evidence of where she entered the woods. I think their entire search has been based off of very little evidence and mostly CB's account of what happened. IMO

It was an eye witness report. It's all they have to go on. If it weren't for that, Holly would be just another person who disappeared into nowhere. Thank God we do have that eye witness statement.

Jo in Calif
04-24-2011, 02:20 PM
O.K. guys, I have a description of the perp.
5'10 to 6 ft tall, aprox. 200 lbs., wearing camo clothing.
I drew a scetch, but don't know how to post it, I'll describe what he looks like.
5'10" to 6 ft tall aprox. 200 lbs wearing camo clothing.

VicVixvi
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM

TBI is quoted as saying there is no way this is a hoax.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/hollo-bobo-search-tbi-says-this-is-no-hoax-searchers-needed-tue-75k-reward

not_my_kids
04-24-2011, 02:23 PM
How does anyone have a sketch of a guy that was only seen from the back?

cluciano63
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
In my opinion, if a suspect is not identified soon, LE does have some sort of responsibility to let the community know something...is there a serial offender on the loose or do they simply not know yet? If they want to say it is "isolated to Holly", what makes them say that? Hailey Dunn was "national" for a little while, as was Kyron, but those cases are never discussed by national media at all now and it won't be long before Holly's case isn't either, if nothing is forthcoming. Media needs something to report, besides we still can't find her.

Mick
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
O.K. guys, I have a description of the perp.
5'10 to 6 ft tall, aprox. 200 lbs., wearing camo clothing.
I drew a scetch, but don't know how to post it, I'll describe what he looks like.
5'10" to 6 ft tall aprox. 200 lbs wearing camo clothing.

That describes a lot of people. Do you know anything about the facial characteristics etc of this person?

Jo in Calif
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
That describes a lot of people. Do you know anything about the facial characteristics etc of this person?

Nope, and apparently this is what LE has to go on.
Hence no sketch released to the public.
This is what their witness saw, this is what we and LE have to go on.

evelyn24
04-24-2011, 02:42 PM
In my opinion, if a suspect is not identified soon, LE does have some sort of responsibility to let the community know something...is there a serial offender on the loose or do they simply not know yet? If they want to say it is "isolated to Holly", what makes them say that? Hailey Dunn was "national" for a little while, as was Kyron, but those cases are never discussed by national media at all now and it won't be long before Holly's case isn't either, if nothing is forthcoming. Media needs something to report, besides we still can't find her.

ITA

They need to say something.

peeples
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Organizers encourage teams on foot to return. Less than 100 have registered, reports say. #teamholly

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

grandmaj
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
A couple of problems I am seeing here. We do not bring anything to this forum without links please. MSM. Reading it elsewhere is not an allowed source. Bring an acceptable link.

Locals on WS have to be verified to ensure that they are who they say they are. That doesn't happen on other sites in all cases. The only local information allowed here on WS without an MSM link is from our Verified Locals.

Also, do not discuss what other posters are doing. If rumor is being brought here alert to the post.... We can't catch it all. But discussing that other posters are bringing rumor to this forum, or how other posters are acting is against our rules.

Thanks.

tfrohning
04-24-2011, 02:53 PM

could be.... but if someone grab my arm on my property I going to be looking him right in the eyes. Yes I be scarce but I know I be looking at him.

I be knowing eye color for sure. Not enough info! LE said that she did file report. I would love to see that police report:waitasec:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Working on a new thread. Coming in the next 5 minutes.

evelyn24
04-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Organizers encourage teams on foot to return. Less than 100 have registered, reports say. #teamholly

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Hopefully that number will pick up a little. People are getting worn out by now.
The family might want to consider going on a show to talk about Holly to keep interest sparked. I know it must be hard on them but it's the only thing going to keep Holly's name out there is the family's vigilance.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Please continue here:

TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST!