PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
04-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!

nursebeeme
04-23-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.charter.net/video/play/517320/channels/foxnews

someone was looking for the John Walsh clip.. I just found it (he talks about two cases)

s_finch
04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
I feel badly for those in LE trying to find this perp. I mean, they have to give up their holidays, their "down time" to look for these *****, well you know what I'm talking about.

Not trying to be contrary at all :) and I see where you are coming from, but from the time I spent working in EMS (volunteer, in days before EMT's were paid here in the south), I can tell you it's an adrenaline rush and they most probably aren't thinking about wishing they had down time. LE is in go-go-go mode, Easter is not even on their personal radar right now. It's the EMS/LE mentality, just like when they throw themselves into harms way without even thinking about it.....Course this is MOOOO

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 01:56 PM
They may just be protecting the family if there have been any stupid threats against the brother, something like that...which is possible, as there was a lot of hostility out there in internet-land, anyway and still is. I don't think it means that they think the perp will come back to the house.

nervous_nellie
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4657223/hunt-for-holly-bobo-intensifies#/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case/?playlist_id=87937

ok, i found what i saw this morning on fox, the interview with john walsh. its at about 1.47 after the st. louis jailbreak and before the NMEC polo charity .... make of it what you will...

wanted to bring this forward as i didnt realize that the thread was closing...

concentric
04-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Not trying to be contrary at all :) and I see where you are coming from, but from the time I spent working in EMS (volunteer, in days before EMT's were paid here in the south), I can tell you it's an adrenaline rush and they most probably aren't thinking about wishing they had down time. LE is in go-go-go mode, Easter is not even on their personal radar right now. It's the EMS/LE mentality, just like when they throw themselves into harms way without even thinking about it.....Course this is MOOOO

That's very encouraging to me (us). Hugs. Thank you for all that you do.

OldSteve
04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Please keep in mind the no discussion, news only thread to follow what's taking place. Please add news links to it:

TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20 yrs old, Decatur County, 13 April 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also:

I was thinking about the gal 40 miles away who reported an attempted abduction. Sure looks like the same MO and has me thinking about about things I find strange/different about HB case from others, namely the fast ramp up of getting FBI, TBI, involved, the Gov. increasing the reward... something seems up with all of that, plus how tight-lipped they are...

Getting back to the other gal... so much to be gleaned there... does she have a FB page, was the perp on her page, did she ever see or have contact with him.... but nothing said about any of this?

nervous_nellie
04-23-2011, 02:01 PM

someone was looking for the John Walsh clip.. I just found it (he talks about two cases)

thanx nurse i just found it at the end of last thread and brought it forward too...

nursebeeme
04-23-2011, 02:03 PM
509 volunteers as of 1:00 pm
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

awwww... I know they wanted 1500.... :-(

Lera213
04-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I wish I could travel to go help search. It is an awful feeling to want to help but cannot.

sarx
Still not sure, do we have any verified locals?

Beentherebefore

Sad really but I think everyone here knew the consequences of not being given hope (something to go on)...

CocoChanel

Gosh, this is tricky. We know of at least one person (a poster here) who made a decision NOT to join the search today based on him/her feeling unsettled by the lack of clear and confirmed info among other things.

I'm not sure WHAT I think of all this, but I'm sure there is a sociological or psychological reason why last weekend saw greater numbers of searchers than this one.

MsFacetious
I think it is reasonable to think they could have a POI that they are watching and not arresting.

There have been several cases where watching the suspects actually led them to the victim. (Kiesha. missing since July was found just a couple days ago... the "caregivers" went to her grave on her birthday allowing LE to find her body and make the arrests. In another case they told the father they would find his daughter, he hadn't hidden her well enough... so he went and moved her body.)

In this case it appears everyone has hope Holly is alive.

In Zina's case the Prosecutor's still had hope of that so they made a deal... no death penalty if he led them to her. She wasn't alive, but they made the deal because they thought she still could be.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003803232_adhahn24m.html

With a man in custody, but no way of knowing whether Zina was still alive, Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney Gerald Horne weighed an offer that could potentially spare the lives of both victim and suspect.

"We were afraid that time was running out," Horne said Monday. "Had the suspect stashed Zina? Was she bound and abandoned but actually alive? Was she imprisoned somewhere? Did she need water? There was only one who could answer those questions: the suspect."

So Horne offered Terapon Adhahn a deal: Take investigators to the little girl and prosecutors would not seek the death penalty in the event she was dead.

On July 12, eight days after she was kidnapped from outside her family's home, Adhahn led police to a rural area west of Eatonville. There they found the girl's body. She had been killed by a blow to the head.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Nice picture in there of Holly with a horse.
Makes me believe that she does own one.
She could have been targeted and stalked by the perp while out riding.
See this makes me think that there are trails that an ATV could've been used on, because there seem to be horse trails around the Bobo house.
At least that's what some of the aerial pictures seem to show.
I admit I don't see that well, but it seemed to me that the house was surrounded by a gravel trail very much like the ones used to exercise a horse.
For the oddest reason, I also don't think the bloodspray on the yard was human.

JMO

nursebeeme
Gosh, this is tricky. We know of at least one person (a poster here) who made a decision NOT to join the search today based on him/her feeling unsettled by the lack of clear and confirmed info among other things.

I'm not sure WHAT I think of all this, but I'm sure there is a sociological or psychological reason why last weekend saw greater numbers of searchers than this one.

ITA... that and it being a holiday weekend as well....

you know, in any other case 500 people would be like :woohoo: woohoo! So I still think it is amazing that volunteers are out there today

s_finch

Gosh, I'm quite shocked. Makes me wanna drive up there and search but it's 7 hrs away from me.

concentric
and, I really think the downturn in the volunteer effort was predicated by the Easter holiday. JMO, of course.

ensht
04-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I wanted to throw out some counterpoints and additions to the thoughts be tossed around:

1. The possible text to the B/F. If it happened after she was abducted there's only three possibilities. A: It came from her after she was abducted, B: it came from the abductor or C: it came from Holly and either because of poor signal strength/glitch didn't get delivered until the phone came within range of signal. It happens here near a major metro area that for whatever reason text messages I send to the spouse don't get through and will come flooding in when the phone is suddenly in range but "appear" to be from that time. In the case of A/B it's possible the perp would not have known people had called 911 and as others have said was trying to buy more time and or/create an alibi. If she sent a hypothetical text at 830am and someone wasn't where they should have been at that time they had a potential alibi.

2. Cell coverage is not great in that area. Here is an AT&T map I posted earlier. I do not know which brand phone she had/carrier but this will likely be somewhat similar from the others. There's a huge area of weak signal in the main search areas. This could have effected the phones ability to get a signal/ping even if it was still working. http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/#?type=voice&lat=35.738289602318105&lon=-88.0911598180565&sci=7

3. I believe all carriers have the ability to recall which phones were active in which areas. Lack of towers would probably make extreme pinpointing tough though.

4. MOO but I think LE has a much better idea than we think. The roadblocks themselves I thought were very telling and the timing followed the announcement of having the blood tests back and that they weren't going to release them. It also timed out with the idea of the cell ping which could have initially been thought to be part of the movement out of the area but now may have been viewed as something else. MOO.

5. "In fear for her life" or along those lines were the words used at the time by LE. Remember it isn't just what they said but what they didn't say. Just because they didn't specifically say something.....MOO they said enough for me to understand why she was in fear for her life. Either she had a strong reason to fear for her life because of who this person was/known to her, or this person had a gun like most hunters, or both.

-

Hypothetically I think at some point as a spouse or parent of a missing person it gets to a point. Statistics probably show that at this time range the chances of a favorable outcome are lowering. As a parent would I want LE to perhaps somewhat recklessly do what they have to do to find my child dead or alive but then maybe have a hard time prosecuting because the route they took to get there, or would I want them to methodically do what they have to do to put the perp behind bars forever probably understanding there's not a great likelihood of a safe return anyway?

I am of the opinion that they are desperately looking for evidence that definitively ties this abduction to a particular person(s) that they believe were involved. Until they get that proof they don't have the needed ammo to execute search warrants etc.

I think in a lot of these cases it ends up being some random person. Some nutjob that ended up in an area and does something bad. MOO I don't think that is the case here at all. Stepping away for a few days and thinking about it in totality there's just too much already known to think this is anything but someone well known to the family/community which is what LE has already been saying.

I think they've said far more than we realize. Hopefully with a successful return of a health Holly we will look back and say "wow that was more clear than we thought all along."

Last thought. In most other cases I can recall of this high a profile LE was very clear in who they ruled out. Current, old boyfriends, girlfriends etc. There have been statements made about a previous acquantaince and others. Surely by now LE knows whether those people were where they were supposed to be/accounted for between 6-830 am Wednesday. You would think to help focus the public they'd be ruling people out now. I think it's kind of telling that hasn't happened to any significance yet.

MOO LE, the family and the locals all have a very good idea of who was responsible.

Lera213
04-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Gosh, I'm quite shocked. Makes me wanna drive up there and search but it's 7 hrs away from me.
Stop by VA and pick me up ok

jaycee
04-23-2011, 02:14 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4657223/hunt-for-holly-bobo-intensifies#/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case/?playlist_id=87937

ok, i found what i saw this morning on fox, the interview with john walsh. its at about 1.47 after the st. louis jailbreak and before the NMEC polo charity .... make of it what you will...

wanted to bring this forward as i didnt realize that the thread was closing...I really don't know what to think right now. I wonder if his facts are right.

I've been willing to let the brother off the hook and feel great compassion for him. He implies he hasn't taken a lie detector test.

I noticed that the news anchor used the word 'dragged' when it no longer appears to have been the case and John Walsh didn't correct him. Maybe Walsh doesn't know any more than we do.

He doesn't seem to have much hope left and I find that disheartening. Maybe loss of hope is why the number of searchers is way down. They just can't give up.

OldSteve
04-23-2011, 02:15 PM

A bit off topic, but whenever I see these searches I think how it's too bad there isn't a way (at least far as I know) to get and utilize what I would call technical volunteers, say people who work for Face Book, Verizon, Google, and other computer, cell phone, companies to sift though all the high tech stuff there is today when something like happens...
I know, invasion of privacy issues prevent this sort of thing..

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I thought they hoped for 1500 over the course of the weekend...

As far as the text, it could/probably did come from Holly before she was abducted...the "news" on the NG page only said the ping reportedly came after. If phone only
pinged the one time, battery was removed, I believe.

This is starting to look like, to me anyway, that even if LE does have a POI and I am not convinced they do, that it may not help them find Holly.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
and, I really think the downturn in the volunteer effort was predicated by the Easter holiday. JMO, of course.

IMO the perp is waiting for the searchers to go away for good.
And then he will move Holly.
I don't think he wants to kill her at all.
JMO

Beentherebefore
04-23-2011, 02:19 PM
A bit off topic, but whenever I see these searches I think how it's too bad there isn't a way (at least far as I know) to get and utilize what I would call technical volunteers, say people who work for Face Book, Verizon, Google, and other computer, cell phone, companies to sift though all the high tech stuff there is today when something like happens...

True... But collectively, we have demanded the laws that now prevent us from getting timely help, in a crisis such as this.

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 02:19 PM

...like a living will kind of thing, people could sign something that says if this ever happens to me, I agree that anyone and everyone who is accredited can go through my stuff...i.e.

ensht
04-23-2011, 02:22 PM

wanted to bring this forward as i didnt realize that the thread was closing...

Strong words contrary to previous reports about the poly.

Lera213
04-23-2011, 02:22 PM
This perp is not smart at all! I'm starting to think it is the same guy who attempted to snatch HS. Think about it, she is allowed to have her cell phone long enough to get closer to a tower to ping a mile away from her home? Come on, this guy is flying by the seat of his pants. He is going to be caught because frankly he has only been lucky so far.

sarx
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I think it's important to remember to keep things in perspective when it comes to the volunteers. 500+ is still an astronomically high turnout, it just seems low in comparison.
After a week things begin to taper off, add to that the holiday weekend and I am quite surprised they had the large numbers today that they did.

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I think John W. is about a week or more behind and is leaving the most dramatic version on his site...we all know LE "dragged" well over a week ago...

sarx
04-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm starting to see things popping up about the cell phone and pings. Have we found info on her phone pinging somewhere that I've missed?

nervous_nellie
04-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I really don't know what to think right now. I wonder if his facts are right.

I've been willing to let the brother off the hook and feel great compassion for him. He implies he hasn't taken a lie detector test.

I noticed that the news anchor used the word 'dragged' when it no longer appears to have been the case and John Walsh didn't correct him. Maybe Walsh doesn't know any more than we do.

He doesn't seem to have much hope left and I find that disheartening. Maybe loss of hope is why the number of searchers is way down. They just can't give up.

thats how i felt right after watching it too. i dont know what i think, lol, other than i wish they would just find her asap and deal with the rest later... i wish they would make an official statement that could clarify where they are at in the investigation. i know that the public doesnt have a right to know every little detail but we do have a right to know if there is a danger being posed to innocent citizens. le's lack of info leads me to believe that they believe this to be an isolated incident including someone known to the family - how well known to the family could have been very little...

Lera213
04-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm starting to see things popping up about the cell phone and pings. Have we found info on her phone pinging somewhere that I've missed?
No I'm just going off of what people have posted...for all I know there was no PINGS.

ensht
04-23-2011, 02:26 PM
I thought they hoped for 1500 over the course of the weekend...

As far as the text, it could/probably did come from Holly before she was abducted...the "news" on the NG page only said the ping reportedly came after. If phone only
pinged the one time, battery was removed, I believe.

This is starting to look like, to me anyway, that even if LE does have a POI and I am not convinced they do, that it may not help them find Holly.

I'd presume they had someone on the list of potentials right away and were probably watching that person right away. That would limit the ability for her to have gone too far.

Again on the phone not sure why everyone keeps skipping over the total lack of solid coverage in a lot of the search area. We have two possibilities here either someone planted evidence or she was able to leave a trail for awhile. To assume the perp was smart enough to remove a battery but not realize she was tossing things....

Depending on the phone, carrier and location I'm betting there are many areas in the general search area with very weak or non-existent coverage.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I tend to think the perp is educated.
But he could be just lucky.
If he is, then he must have gotten rid of Holly early on.
With all the dogs out there why has a body not been found?
Statistics would say that this is a local that is "obsessively washing his car" and knew Holly or the family.
Like the profile said.
If so, wouldn't they know who he was by now? In a town of 2400?
With all the searchers, local LE, TBI and FBI, he has to be very lucky.
Or very smart.
In this particular case I just don't think the perp is "local", as in anyone who will be missed in the everyday community.
I think he tried (probably) to take another girl besides Heather. Just a feeling I get, and that LE has been aware of this since Holly's abduction. Heather is just one who came forward in hindsight.
All JMO and always respectful of the views of others

Lera213
04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Things I wish I knew about her cell:

When she left was her phone turned off?

Did she have her ring set to vibrate ready for class?

Was there a PING and if so, could this have been when she was able to sneak her phone to turn it on, and hit fast reply by hitting buttons while in a pocket or purse? Like her BF on speed dial?

Did LE find her phone?

Were finger prints lifted off the phone?

What were her last messages to her, any asking her what she was going to do that following morning. (the morning she was taken)

What kind of phone did she have

What carrier did she have

nervous_nellie
04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
hopefully this will end like the sarah maynard case where the perp had her tied up in the basement...not the rest of the story tho, just to be clear...

redfish
04-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I tend to think the perp is educated.
But he could be just lucky.
If he is, then he must have gotten rid of Holly early on.
With all the dogs out there why has a body not been found?
Statistics would say that this is a local that is "obsessively washing his car" and knew Holly or the family.
Like the profile said.
If so, wouldn't they know who he was by now? In a town of 2400?
With all the searchers, local LE, TBI and FBI, he has to be very lucky.
Or very smart.
In this particular case I just don't think the perp is "local", as in anyone who will be missed in the everyday community.
I think he tried (probably) to take another girl besides Heather. Just a feeling I get, and that LE has been aware of this since Holly's abduction. Heather is just one who came forward in hindsight.

Snow, my theory matches your theory. I was surprised to see how much!

concentric
Nice picture in there of Holly with a horse.
Makes me believe that she does own one.
She could have been targeted and stalked by the perp while out riding.
See this makes me think that there are trails that an ATV could've been used on, because there seem to be horse trails around the Bobo house.
At least that's what some of the aerial pictures seem to show.
I admit I don't see that well, but it seemed to me that the house was surrounded by a gravel trail very much like the ones used to exercise a horse.
For the oddest reason, I also don't think the bloodspray on the yard was human.

JMO

When I was a teenager, I had a horse and went riding frequently. I remember several times when I was intercepted by a stranger who was out riding himself and suggested I visit his home. He had two large dogs.

I remember feeling ill at ease and exiting the area.

Lera213
Maybe LE thinks she is in the area because LE had locked all the roads up fast once the 911 call came in.

nursebeeme
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM

it came from Nancy Grace's blog:

Urgent: Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Local would not have to mean that very town...aren't there other small towns nearby?

I don't think LE set up roadblocks immediately, did they? They probably went out, took the report in person, walked around the property, etc...called in help...all plenty of time for a vehicle to get out of town...

CocoChanel

This feels weird to quote my own post, but I must correct something I said. It WAS NOT A POSTER HERE that said they decided not to search today. I am following several websites regarding this case, and I got confused about where I had seen this. It WAS NOT a Websleuths poster who said that so please forgive me for misleading you.

Sorry about that.....:doh:

concentric

Yeah, not local, as in been there since birth, local, right?

MsFacetious
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
"The Bobo family stayed away from the media, but we are told they spent part of the day looking for Holly."

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14497316/search-resumes-for-missing-nursing-student

It is also important to note I think, that the boyfriend's family is also out there looking. Not the boyfriend himself, but when I've seen him mentioned he's been with Holly's family. (So if they were out searching it's certainly possible he went with them.)

After the cases of people not looking for the missing wife of their son or brother... the mother of their grandchildren, or nieces/nephews... I thought it important to point out this family is doing that and there is no marriage or children involved. His brothers and father have been searching daily along with their friends. (According to many on facebook.)

If it IS someone close to her, as has been surmised and speculated, then the person most likely IS one of her 600 Facebook friends. That's kind of sobering. The answer is right there.

To make it more sobering...

There are also people I would think would be on her friends list, who are not.

People very close to her (in my opinion innocent) boyfriend for example.

People who are actively involved in the search for her, closely connected to someone close to Holly.

People that I would probably feel obligated to add if I had a facebook, which is why I don't have a facebook.

I would think they should be considered if the friends list is being used at all?

Maybe she just hadn't added them yet, maybe she just didn't like them, or maybe they are just "interjecting themselves into the investigation."

If people are removing themselves I can see them doing that to avoid contact from the media. The people I am talking about however, haven't been on her friends list from day one. I went through it immediately in total awe of how many people changed their profile pictures within 24 hours of her being abducted. It was incredible!

jaycee
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
hopefully this will end like the sarah maynard case where the perp had her tied up in the basement...not the rest of the story tho, just to be clear...I really want to think it is a hostage situation and it's our best case scenario right now. Sometimes these guys like to 'keep' their victims. Until Holly is found I will hang onto this hope. She's out there...somewhere.

peeples
04-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Following crews out searching in the Smith Gravel Pit road area. It's rough back in here. But the search goes on. #hollybobo

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, not local, as in been there since birth, local, right?

I think he came from 100's of miles away and has been living off the grid around Natchez Trace Park for the winter months.
He wasn't born in TN in my opinion.
I also believe he has a medical/military background.
He was looking for a "mate" and intends to keep Holly forever if he can.
I think he takes great care not to harm her physically.
Waiting for her to be so dependent on him that she gets Stockholm Syndrome and begins to see him as her protector.
Which does eventually happen.
I would think he is using GPS and lot's of other higher tech equipment.
All JMO

peeples
04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
can anyone map the gravel pit area on HOllye's map???

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
(in my opinion innocent)[/I] boyfriend for example.

People who are actively involved in the search for her, closely connected to someone close to Holly.

People that I would probably feel obligated to add if I had a facebook, which is why I don't have a facebook.

I would think they should be considered if the friends list is being used at all?

Maybe she just hadn't added them yet, maybe she just didn't like them, or maybe they are just "interjecting themselves into the investigation."

If people are removing themselves I can see them doing that to avoid contact from the media. The people I am talking about however, haven't been on her friends list from day one. I went through it immediately in total awe of how many people changed their profile pictures within 24 hours of her being abducted. It was incredible!

(snipped by me....)

MsF - do you mean people who DO have Facebook pages but are not listed as her friends, but are friends of her BF's or brother's? Or are you talking about people like yourself who just don't 'do' Facebook? 'Cause I know lots of folks who don't do Facebook, so I wouldn't consider that alone to be hinky.

And can you tell me more about what you mean about '..changed their profile pictures....' ? This is an interesting angle.

norest4thewicked
04-23-2011, 02:53 PM

This is just my personal opinion, but I feel that if someone is a "conditional" searcher, then I would not want them on the search if I was LE. This makes me think that the person was only searching for all of the info that they thought that they could get from searching, rather than searching for Holly because it was in their hearts.

jaycee
04-23-2011, 02:54 PM
There are also people I would think would be on her friends list, who are not.I use a different name and several of my family and friends also do or use nicknames. We all do this for several reasons and I'm glad we do. We also do not use our real birth dates.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I only have a facebook for immediate family and employers.
IMO

nervous_nellie
04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I really want to think it is a hostage situation and it's our best case scenario right now. Sometimes these guys like to 'keep' their victims. Until Holly is found I will hang onto this hope. She's out there...somewhere.

i remember reading after they caught that guy in the maynerd case and he was talking about how "they" watched movies together and he brought her meals, etc.... trying to sound like he was really caring for her - taking care of her! really twisted stuff BUT she was alive, so lets hope holly is too! no matter how slim the possibility...

SmoothOperator
04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I wanted to throw out some counterpoints and additions to the thoughts be tossed around:

1. The possible text to the B/F. If it happened after she was abducted there's only three possibilities. A: It came from her after she was abducted, B: it came from the abductor or C: it came from Holly and either because of poor signal strength/glitch didn't get delivered until the phone came within range of signal. It happens here near a major metro area that for whatever reason text messages I send to the spouse don't get through and will come flooding in when the phone is suddenly in range but "appear" to be from that time. In the case of A/B it's possible the perp would not have known people had called 911 and as others have said was trying to buy more time and or/create an alibi. If she sent a hypothetical text at 830am and someone wasn't where they should have been at that time they had a potential alibi.

2. Cell coverage is not great in that area. Here is an AT&T map I posted earlier. I do not know which brand phone she had/carrier but this will likely be somewhat similar from the others. There's a huge area of weak signal in the main search areas. This could have effected the phones ability to get a signal/ping even if it was still working. http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/#?type=voice&lat=35.738289602318105&lon=-88.0911598180565&sci=7

3. I believe all carriers have the ability to recall which phones were active in which areas. Lack of towers would probably make extreme pinpointing tough though.

4. MOO but I think LE has a much better idea than we think. The roadblocks themselves I thought were very telling and the timing followed the announcement of having the blood tests back and that they weren't going to release them. It also timed out with the idea of the cell ping which could have initially been thought to be part of the movement out of the area but now may have been viewed as something else. MOO.

5. "In fear for her life" or along those lines were the words used at the time by LE. Remember it isn't just what they said but what they didn't say. Just because they didn't specifically say something.....MOO they said enough for me to understand why she was in fear for her life. Either she had a strong reason to fear for her life because of who this person was/known to her, or this person had a gun like most hunters, or both.

-

Hypothetically I think at some point as a spouse or parent of a missing person it gets to a point. Statistics probably show that at this time range the chances of a favorable outcome are lowering. As a parent would I want LE to perhaps somewhat recklessly do what they have to do to find my child dead or alive but then maybe have a hard time prosecuting because the route they took to get there, or would I want them to methodically do what they have to do to put the perp behind bars forever probably understanding there's not a great likelihood of a safe return anyway?

I am of the opinion that they are desperately looking for evidence that definitively ties this abduction to a particular person(s) that they believe were involved. Until they get that proof they don't have the needed ammo to execute search warrants etc.

I think in a lot of these cases it ends up being some random person. Some nutjob that ended up in an area and does something bad. MOO I don't think that is the case here at all. Stepping away for a few days and thinking about it in totality there's just too much already known to think this is anything but someone well known to the family/community which is what LE has already been saying.

I think they've said far more than we realize. Hopefully with a successful return of a health Holly we will look back and say "wow that was more clear than we thought all along."

Last thought. In most other cases I can recall of this high a profile LE was very clear in who they ruled out. Current, old boyfriends, girlfriends etc. There have been statements made about a previous acquantaince and others. Surely by now LE knows whether those people were where they were supposed to be/accounted for between 6-830 am Wednesday. You would think to help focus the public they'd be ruling people out now. I think it's kind of telling that hasn't happened to any significance yet.

MOO LE, the family and the locals all have a very good idea of who was responsible.

Some very good points made ensht! The only thing I wanted to quickly add was to the above BBM.. if this happens to be the case.that Holly actually sent the text at an earlier time[anytime that morning prior to the attack]and then due to the reasons you mentioned^above^ the actual text did not "come thru"/was not received until a later time that morning[possibly at some point even say 1 or both of the 911 calls had already been placed] thus for sure knowing that the attack had indeed already occurred/or was in the process of still occurring..

I just wanted to add that LE..cell phone carrier..and even actual cell records[including those anyone can view online] would clearly show the accurate/true time that the msg was actually sent from Holly's phone..regardless of when it actually "came thru" to the receiver's phone[in this case the bf's cell phone] all of these easily obtained records would show when it actually was sent..

So that IMO leads me to believe that either it did actually get sent from her phone prior to the attack[which IMO is less than a slim to none chance of having actually happened] or even quite possibly that even tho LE are fully aware of when this msg actually/truly did occur but maybe there is reason they want to lead "someone" to believe that LE believes their "claim" of what they are "alleging" to have happened regarding the txt time and txt subject that came from Holly's phone at some point that morning..IYKWIM??

evelyn24
04-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Wow that's a little disheartening. Hopefully the 1500 figure was a very optimistic number and 500 will be enough.
It's Easter weekend, and some people go out of town or maybe need the emotional break from searching.

nervous_nellie
I use a different name and several of my family and friends also do or use nicknames. We all do this for several reasons and I'm glad we do. We also do not use our real birth dates.

i do this too. after reading all of these cases i just cant let myself put my real name on anything like a facebook or myspace... nope

norest4thewicked
This perp is not smart at all! I'm starting to think it is the same guy who attempted to snatch HS. Think about it, she is allowed to have her cell phone long enough to get closer to a tower to ping a mile away from her home? Come on, this guy is flying by the seat of his pants. He is going to be caught because frankly he has only been lucky so far.

No facts are known about who has the cellphone or where it is.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 03:00 PM

Well 509 is still good its easter saturday...

evelyn24
04-23-2011, 03:02 PM

Mr.Walsh and Mr.Klass don't ever minch words or hold back their opinion that's for sure.
They're not always right though, but I admire them for their tireless effort in helping crime victims.

Beentherebefore
04-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Gravel pit rd., if I am reading the directions correctly, is 20 plus miles south of the 5 Forks area they were searching... I am confused.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-23-2011, 03:04 PM

The TBI does have technical forensic experts who are fully capable of doing this and are doing this in this investigation.

redfish
04-23-2011, 03:07 PM
The TBI does have technical forensic experts who are fully capable of doing this and are doing this in this investigation.

Welcome! Haven't noticed you before! Always happy for new members.

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 03:09 PM
So that IMO leads me to believe that either it did actually get sent from her phone prior to the attack[which IMO is less than a slim to none chance of having actually happened] or even quite possibly that even tho LE are fully aware of when this msg actually/truly did occur but maybe there is reason they want to lead "someone" to believe that LE believes their "claim" of what they are "alleging" to have happened regarding the txt time and txt subject that came from Holly's phone at some point that morning..IYKWIM??

I DO know what you mean, and oh gosh, that would be terrible.
The only thing worse than losing a daughter, would be to find out the person responsible was someone you trusted.

norest4thewicked
04-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM

If you remember it was on the nancy grace show and it was a woman i think she said she was a cousin. She was the one to say that he took a poly and the next day they had a family spokesman i think maybe she spoke before she should have.
JMO

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Some captured pics from the area... State Rt. 69 looking South. Conrad Ridge Rd. is the turn to the right. The 'alleged vehicle' was found about 3000 yards up Conrad Ridge Rd.

MsFacetious
04-23-2011, 03:12 PM
This is a great picture for perspective on how visible the house is from the street.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/690/bobohouse.jpg

Zoomed in for those who want to clarify... can't see the garage or the door.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3931/bobohouse3.jpg

Here is the full sized picture of the house:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/690/bobohouse.jpg

Perspective...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4066/bobosearch4.jpg

http://twitpic.com/photos/willnunley

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 03:13 PM
As far as I know, the only mention of anyone taking and passing a LD test has been a reference to a cousin having said so (stated on NG) and possibly the spokesperson for the family, nothing official by LE. Same with the phone, last I heard they were asking searchers to look for it.

I don't feel the vibe at all that this is someone who wanted to "keep" Holly...sounds like a "regular" abduction for nefarious purposes, if a little more bold than most. I think she was very quickly put into a vehicle, which at some point passed by the spot where her lunch box was found, and he kept driving until he was clear of the area. He could have been 20 or more miles away before anyone began searching the woods, from my estimation, the time it took LE to get to the house, to talk to the brother again, to look around the yard, to call for searchers, etc...

nursebeeme
04-23-2011, 03:14 PM
smith gravel pit road tennessee - Google Maps

could this be "the" smith gravel pit road?

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Conrad Ridge Road from St. Rt. 69. The 'alleged vehicle' was found about 3000' yards up Conrad Ridge.

s_finch
04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm seeing some personalities on the web and some on here talking suspect about a Bobo family member. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but personally I feel it's been 10 days and if the perp was an immediate family member the LE and the pressure would have made them crack by now. I mean, really---how many Casey Anthony's can there be in this world!?!

Just MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

s_finch
04-23-2011, 03:20 PM
As far as I know, the only mention of anyone taking and passing a LD test has been a reference to a cousin having said so (stated on NG) and possibly the spokesperson for the family, nothing official by LE. Same with the phone, last I heard they were asking searchers to look for it.

I don't feel the vibe at all that this is someone who wanted to "keep" Holly...sounds like a "regular" abduction for nefarious purposes, if a little more bold than most. I think she was very quickly put into a vehicle, which at some point passed by the spot where her lunch box was found, and he kept driving until he was clear of the area. He could have been 20 or more miles away before anyone began searching the woods, from my estimation, the time it took LE to get to the house, to talk to the brother again, to look around the yard, to call for searchers, etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't it take LE close to 20 minutes to arrive at the Bobo residence? As Mark Klass says, "A mile a minute is how fast your child can disappear"..... The perp could have been at least 20 miles away.... easily further

nursebeeme
04-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Smith Gravel Pit Rd, Decaturville, TN 38311 to Parsons, TN - Google Maps

18 odd miles from this road to Parsons and very near the river

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Conrad Ridge Road from St. Rt. 69. The 'alleged vehicle' was found about 3000' yards up Conrad Ridge.

that looks like its near smith gravel pit road !

tfrohning
04-23-2011, 03:24 PM
This is a great picture for perspective on how visible the house is from the street.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3931/bobohouse3.jpg

Here is the full sized picture of the house:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/690/bobohouse.jpg

Perspective...

http://twitpic.com/photos/willnunley

Thanks
I can see a trail to the right of the house.

Also there little beige thing at the drive side what is that?

nursebeeme
04-23-2011, 03:25 PM
little beige thing is a port a potty right?

s_finch
04-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna go take a nap so something will happen. See y'all later

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Getting there (I hope :-) )

OldSteve
04-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I think he came from 100's of miles away and has been living off the grid around Natchez Trace Park for the winter months.
He wasn't born in TN in my opinion.
I also believe he has a medical/military background.
He was looking for a "mate" and intends to keep Holly forever if he can.
I think he takes great care not to harm her physically.
Waiting for her to be so dependent on him that she gets Stockholm Syndrome and begins to see him as her protector.
Which does eventually happen.
I would think he is using GPS and lot's of other higher tech equipment.
All JMO
What your saying then is that this perp is not the same one involved in the attempted abduction that happened some 40 miles away... or does it?
Your profiling does give us hope!

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:29 PM
St. Rt. 69 Looking North. The Baugus Caves pull off is the wide spots to the left and right. The white buildings in the distance are at the intersection of Conrad Ridge Rd. and 69.

Skully
04-23-2011, 03:29 PM

If there was a vehicle and it was the one she was taken in, I would surmise that another one was in place to pick up where this one was left. If that is the case, there are more than one POI involved here. I am lead to believe that the POI walked to her home, but had a ATV in place in the woods, then got into a car, left that car and got into another or are they on foot now? Leaving a car is huge for LE, lots of clues, finger prints, evidence, not to mention, who does the car belong too? So I have hope they know who they are tracking. I guess they are not putting out a name or a BOLO for some reason.

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 03:30 PM
little beige thing is a port a potty right?

I think so, and since LE is providing a 24-7 guard at the home, they would need that, right?

MsFacetious
04-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I use a different name and several of my family and friends also do or use nicknames. We all do this for several reasons and I'm glad we do. We also do not use our real birth dates.

These people are using their real name and have wide open, public facebooks. They just are not on Holly's friends list.

(snipped by me....)

MsF - do you mean people who DO have Facebook pages but are not listed as her friends, but are friends of her BF's or brother's? Or are you talking about people like yourself who just don't 'do' Facebook? 'Cause I know lots of folks who don't do Facebook, so I wouldn't consider that alone to be hinky.

And can you tell me more about what you mean about '..changed their profile pictures....' ? This is an interesting angle.

Within 24 hours of Holly's abduction about 25% of her (over 600) friend's list had changed their profile picture to her missing poster... or a picture of her... or some other "Holly" item. It was amazing.

Yes, they have (public) facebooks with their real names, pictures and are friends/family with her brother or boyfriend. Of course I wouldn't think it was odd if say her boyfriend's brother or best friend didn't have a facebook at all.

Holly has over 600 people on her friend's list. So she isn't keeping it down to really close friends. THAT is why I found it odd that some people closest to those closest to her, were not on there. If she had 25 people on her friends list, it wouldn't strike me as odd that those people were not included.

Am I making any sense yet?? :waitasec:

To clarify another point... it wouldn't be odd for Holly to not like her boyfriend's best friend or a family member. In-laws, many people don't like them. I cannot stand my husband's sister. I despise her.

BUT, if I had a facebook that I used, especially with over 600 friends on it... I would feel "obligated" to add her. Just like I feel obligated to get her an awesome personalized Christmas present every year.

Does that make sense? :waitasec:

Probably not... my thoughts only make sense to my own brain. Really though, in my head it is perfectly logical. The relevance, I don't know. It just stood out to me. :innocent:

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Smith Gravel Pit Rd, Decaturville, TN 38311 to Parsons, TN - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Smith+Gravel+Pit+Road,+bath+springs,+TN&daddr=Parsons,+TN&hl=en&geocode=FfRNHQIdhHPA-im_WyvWMPJ8iDFmIpjkE58NWA%3BFf_4HwIdEku_-ikdf7HodIl8iDEz0AMUFR96rg&mra=ls&sll=35.47549,-87.964954&sspn=0.104007,0.262299&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12)

18 odd miles from this road to Parsons and very near the river
Lots of quarries and lots of caves all around there.
Good choice for a search IMO.

goldiegirl
04-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Couldn't copy both this and the original, but this was a response regarding the honeybucket.

I think so, and since LE is providing a 24-7 guard at the home, they would need that, right?

Thank you for pointing this out! It scared me at first, because I wondered if this was a sign that there were construction workers or contractors in the area, which would mean lots of men around Holly's house. Now I agree with you - most likely a result of the investigation and probably wasn't there before.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
What your saying would not like this perp to the one some 40 miles away then... or does it?
Your profiling does give us hope!

I tend to think that Heather (from Centreville around 40 miles away) was probably not an intended victim of this perp.
I do believe that there is another as yet unnamed by LE intended victim closer to Holly's home and only a little bit before Holly was taken.
This is no statement of fact and is JMO

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 03:38 PM
These people are using their real name and have wide open, public facebooks. They just are not on Holly's friends list.

Within 24 hours of Holly's abduction about 25% of her (over 600) friend's list had changed their profile picture to her missing poster... or a picture of her... or some other "Holly" item. It was amazing.

Yes, they have (public) facebooks with their real names, pictures and are friends/family with her brother or boyfriend. Of course I wouldn't think it was odd if say her boyfriend's brother or best friend didn't have a facebook at all.

Holly has over 600 people on her friend's list. So she isn't keeping it down to really close friends. THAT is why I found it odd that some people closest to those closest to her, were not on there. If she had 25 people on her friends list, it wouldn't strike me as odd that those people were not included.

Am I making any sense yet?? :waitasec:

To clarify another point... it wouldn't be odd for Holly to not like her boyfriend's best friend or a family member. In-laws, many people don't like them. I cannot stand my husband's sister. I despise her.

BUT, if I had a facebook that I used, especially with over 600 friends on it... I would feel "obligated" to add her. Just like I feel obligated to get her an awesome personalized Christmas present every year.

Does that make sense? :waitasec:

Probably not... my thoughts only make sense to my own brain. Really though, in my head it is perfectly logical. The relevance, I don't know. It just stood out to me. :innocent:

THANKS for the explanation MsF. It does make more sense to me now.

But oh-oh...I fear you have revealed too much. How do you REALLY feel about your SIL? LOL...just KIDDING!!!

amysmom

It could be many are out of the area visiting family for the holiday? I know Easter isn't the same travel type day like T-Day or X-Mas but still.

OldSteve
Sniped:

I don't use FB, so tell me if I'm wrong, but couldn't she have two FB pages - the one you mention, as well as a private one for real friends and family?

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Rock Crusher Loop Rd. from Hwy. 69. Rock Crusher Loop Rd was identified in the youtube guys' video as an area they searched on the 17th (I think).

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! The TBI has committed a lot of resources and people to this case. I'm amazed at their dedication and very proud of my DIL for the work she and her co-workers do. The media doesn't know everything that the investigation has uncovered. The TBI has a reason for keeping much of the information out of the media...I trust implicitly in their judgement.

SNOWINMEMPHIS
04-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Nap time for me also....maybe Holly will be found if I quit obsessing...
Keep the coffee going!

lillys
04-23-2011, 03:43 PM

Snipped respectfully

I'd say that's country living. :)
Thanks so much for the picture. It helps me a lot.

evelyn24
04-23-2011, 03:44 PM

Oh really? I didn't know that. Threats to the family maybe?

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Sulpher Spring Road looking West from Bible Hill Rd. Sulpher Spring dead ends into to Swan Johnson Road (the road HB lived on) two roads North of the Bobo home.

Correction: Swan Johnson Road dead ends into Sulpher Spring Road, not the other way around.

amysmom
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM

sbm

I have a FB account but don't use it so would it strike you as odd if her b/f had a ton of pix of himself 'hunting' & about 10 from his 'graduation' last June with family & friends but not a one of Holly (or him & Holly) other then his main avatar? Btw! This makes me wonder where all the pix of them together came from that we've seen in the media.

I'm pretty sure they were dating too prior to his 'graduation' cos I found a comment (he has very few) by Holly under a pix that was from a few months before.

One more thing..On his wall it has "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" many xs as you scroll down the page & refresh all the way to the start of his FB account..A poster here said that meant he had to have removed it & then added it again=breaking up & getting back together..Does this add up to you? Or anyone else that knows way more then me about how FB works. TIA!

eta..I'm NOT implying anything suspicious re: b/f & Holly's disappearance so I hope this post can stay.

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh really? I didn't know that. Threats to the family maybe?

Not sure why they are there, but Will Nunley reported it in his tweets. It makes me recall that Kyron's dad and stepmom had 24/7 police presence with them too initially. Perhaps it's SOP in cases like this? In case of a ransom demand or something else??

lillys
04-23-2011, 03:53 PM

A portapotty with all those woods around??? :floorlaugh: j/k

lillys
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Sulpher Spring Road looking West from Bible Hill Rd. Sulpher Spring dead ends into to Swan Johnson Road (the road HB lived on) two roads North of the Bobo home.

Lots of places to hide........oh my.

ensht
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
#1 the LE being there can help keep people from knocking on their door.
#2 I don't think it's that uncommon, but who knows maybe there is still some concern there.

The Smith Gravel Pit road location is WAY SSE of previous search areas. I really wonder what's going on. They could search a hundred other places seems strange that's one they picked.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Stop by VA and pick me up ok

stop by south Florida first...:rocker:

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Looking East down Gooch Road from Cub Creek Hall Rd. Holly's lunch box/purse was found about 2 miles down this road.

(hope they checked out that abandoned building right there...)

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 03:58 PM
LE can surround a location to keep people out... or in.

CocoChanel
04-23-2011, 03:58 PM
willnunley Volunteer: "it seems like one cold trail after another" as some frustration surfaces. #hollybobo
20 minutes ago

God bless them.....it's got to be so hard.....must feel like they are looking for a needle in a haystack.....with blindfolds on. :(

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
:floorlaugh:A portapotty with all those woods around??? :floorlaugh: j/k

thanks for th laugh!:floorlaugh:

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Sorry, wasn't able to get a capture of this for you. When you said gravel pit, it looks like there are several quarries or pits of some sort just South of Conrad Ridge Rd. That's what I thought you meant originally. That would be East of the Rock Crusher Rd. pic I posted.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry, wasn't able to get a capture of this for you. When you said gravel pit, it looks like there are several quarries or pits of some sort just South of Conrad Ridge Rd. That's what I thought you meant originally. That would be East of the Rock Crusher Rd. pic I posted.

Yes i think they are all in the same vicinity,,, thanks for the visuals they help alot!

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Yes i think they are all in the same vicinity,,, thanks for the visuals they help alot!

Google Maps street views. Love it. Gives us a great perspective of what LE and the searchers are dealing with. That's some rough terrain!

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Every day my kids walk out the door and i tell them I LOVE THEM.

Its frightfull to think you will never see them again.

Here is a non religious version of a prayer for the lost.

Hope its ok for this religious weekend...

Something is lost and cant be found!

Please St Anthony Look around!

I hope thats ok and isnt against the rules!

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 04:11 PM
#1 the LE being there can help keep people from knocking on their door.
#2 I don't think it's that uncommon, but who knows maybe there is still some concern there.

The Smith Gravel Pit road location is WAY SSE of previous search areas. I really wonder what's going on. They could search a hundred other places seems strange that's one they picked.

Does anyone recall where the car was supposebly found that was never verified.
Wasnt it close to there?

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Google Maps street views. Love it. Gives us a great perspective of what LE and the searchers are dealing with. That's some rough terrain!

it really is !!!!! and my goodness look at all the wilderness gravel pits caves retention ponds rivers duck blinds etc etc.

PibblePal
04-23-2011, 04:15 PM
A portapotty with all those woods around??? :floorlaugh: j/k
:waitasec:

:floorlaugh: LOL!

Beentherebefore
04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know if the dive/cave search team has been removed from stand-by status and moved into any position?

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Myracle Town Road looking North from Hwy 412/20. Myracle Town Rd leads to Swan Johnson Rd. and would be a likely route travelled by the Bobo's to the nearby towns of Parsons to the East, and Darden to the west.

MsFacetious
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
sbm

I have a FB account but don't use it so would it strike you as odd if her b/f had a ton of pix of himself 'hunting' & about 10 from his 'graduation' last June with family & friends but not a one of Holly (or him & Holly) other then his main avatar? Btw! This makes me wonder where all the pix of them together came from that we've seen in the media.

I'm pretty sure they were dating too prior to his 'graduation' cos I found a comment (he has very few) by Holly under a pix that was from a few months before.

One more thing..On his wall it has "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" many xs as you scroll down the page & refresh all the way to the start of his FB account..A poster here said that meant he had to have removed it & then added it again=breaking up & getting back together..Does this add up to you? Or anyone else that knows way more then me about how FB works. TIA!

eta..I'm NOT implying anything suspicious re: b/f & Holly's disappearance so I hope this post can stay.

His profile picture is not the only picture of him with Holly. There is also a picture of them in the first group of hunting pictures from December 2010. You have to look to find all of his pictures but there is more than just that one. The hunting pictures do not surprise me no. If you look at other facebooks there it's a common theme. Many of the other guys don't even have pictures of their wives and kids... just hunting. The fact that his profile picture was him and Holly was an exception to the others.

They have been dating for about a year according to his family. He graduated in June 2010... He changed his relationship status in August 2010. So it's possible that they were casually dating for a few months and didn't get really serious until then.

There was no relationship status through 2010 before August. I wouldn't find it odd that they dated on and off before then. I find it odd that anybody regularly updates their relationship status on facebook. :waitasec:

I did not find it odd that there wasn't pictures of her at his graduation, I figured that she probably couldn't be there. Nursing school can be demanding and if she had something scheduled at the same time, I figured she was at that.

Sniped:

I don't use FB, so tell me if I'm wrong, but couldn't she have two FB pages - the one you mention, as well as a private one for real friends and family?

Of course, she could. I don't think she does for two reasons.

1) She just doesn't strike me as the type to do that, this facebook is mostly private. Her friends list is public.

2) I don't see a reason to have half of a specific family listed on this facebook and then half of the same family on a second facebook.

Anything is possible though. I doubt there is any significance. It just stood out because if I was her I would feel obligated to have those people on there, no matter what. That is about the most serious thing I would do out of obligation. But, maybe she didn't do anything out of obligation.

mahmoo
04-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! The TBI has committed a lot of resources and people to this case. I'm amazed at their dedication and very proud of my DIL for the work she and her co-workers do. The media doesn't know everything that the investigation has uncovered. The TBI has a reason for keeping much of the information out of the media...I trust implicitly in their judgement.
:seeya: Glad you found this forum and jumped in so to speak. You have every reason to be proud of your DIL and the rest of the TBI team working this case. It's obvious they (and other LE jurisdictions) are busting their behinds to resolve this sad crime as quickly as they can. They're working up against some tough odds and what looks to be some equally tough terrain and vast isolated areas.

I was wondering if you've formed any theories/opinions as to whether the abductor is a local she may have known or if it's a stranger not known to Holly or her family that may have been stalking her? I'm kinda of leaning toward the stranger theory myself and the abduction attempt in nearby Centerville certainly kind of bolstered my theory after I learned of it. Of course it may have nothing to do with Holly's case and was just a coincidence. Anyway.....welcome again to WS.

PibblePal
04-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Looking East down Gooch Road from Cub Creek Hall Rd. Holly's lunch box/purse was found about 2 miles down this road.

There are literally thousands of abandoned barns & buildings in TN that look just like this pic. Just the paved backroads are extensive - and the trails - ugh! It just reminds me of how small we really are... :sigh: I pray that God will give them the clues, evidence, direction and instinct to find her! I can't imagine how overwhelming this search is...

On an additional note, while I didn't think much of it at first, I'm wondering now how the daily announcement of the exact number of volunteers participating in the daily search plays into LE's profile of the unsub. I wonder if they do this in part to either make the unsub nervous or proud or ??? I'm very curious of their profile and the steps they are taking to play into the unsubs persona...

Still have hope and still praying!

Coldpizza
04-23-2011, 04:25 PM
...like a living will kind of thing, people could sign something that says if this ever happens to me, I agree that anyone and everyone who is accredited can go through my stuff...i.e.

Just to jump off of your post (sorry if this has been posted on this thread)
As many may know by now any users with the IPhone have had all their movements tracked and incripted. Their searches, maps et all are at the disposal of Apple. The problem is that info has not been protected. The same goes for Android users but so they say that is protected and the customer has the option to "opt" out so to speak.

Sorry for the dribble but my point is I'm on the fence about this. When it comes to LE and the FBI finding the missing and they have a perp in mind should they have access to the perps movements via their cell phone? (assuming they have an advance device) But down the road I think many more will.

LE already does the ping triangulation but its not very accurate. My mind is wondering what LE has right now and what everyone else thinks?

evelyn24
04-23-2011, 04:28 PM
willnunley Volunteer: "it seems like one cold trail after another" as some frustration surfaces. #hollybobo
20 minutes ago

God bless them.....it's got to be so hard.....must feel like they are looking for a needle in a haystack.....with blindfolds on. :(

The crowd is getting frustrated. :/

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Does anyone recall where the car was supposebly found that was never verified.
Wasnt it close to there?

According to HollyE's map, it was located along Conrad Ridge Rd. The first three screen captures I did (starting back on page 3) all are of some aspect of Conrad Ridge.

It is miles away from Smith Gravel Pit's official location. There are some pits or quarries just South of there that are perhaps OWNED by Smith and that may be what they are referencing (MOO).

Soul125
04-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Wow, thanks for the photo. You really get an idea of how rural this area is from the photo. I used to live in the country and forgot about these long roads where there aren't any houses for miles. That is alot of area to cover. Praise to the countless searchers scouring this large area.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-23-2011, 04:33 PM
:seeya: Glad you found this forum and jumped in so to speak. You have every reason to be proud of your DIL and the rest of the TBI team working this case. It's obvious they (and other LE jurisdictions) are busting their behinds to resolve this sad crime as quickly as they can. They're working up against some tough odds and what looks to be some equally tough terrain and vast isolated areas.

I was wondering if you've formed any theories/opinions as to whether the abductor is a local she may have known or if it's a stranger not known to Holly or her family that may have been stalking her? I'm kinda of leaning toward the stranger theory myself and the abduction attempt in nearby Centerville certainly kind of bolstered my theory after I learned of it. Of course it may have nothing to do with Holly's case and was just a coincidence. Anyway.....welcome again to WS.

Thank you for the welcome. Yes I have formed an opinion, but because of some knowledge I've gleaned, I won't share my opinion and compromise the
investigation. I do enjoy reading all the web sleuthing opinions, very smart people that seem to be exploring many different opinions of this crime!

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 04:36 PM
According to HollyE's map, it was located along Conrad Ridge Rd. The first three screen captures I did (starting back on page 3) all are of some aspect of Conrad Ridge.

It is miles away from Smith Gravel Pit's official location. There are some pits or quarries just South of there that are perhaps OWNED by Smith and that may be what they are referencing (MOO).

Ty vic i I was looking back on your posts to find it!

Soul125
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Was their any connection with the vehicle found on Conrad Ridge Rd? Or has this info not been released to the public?

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Was their any connection with the vehicle found on Conrad Ridge Rd? Or has this info not been released to the public?

I call it the 'alleged vehicle' because there were many reports that it had HB's cell phone and some camo clothing in the back seat and the engine was still warm.

I believe this was denied in one LE statement. <Modsnip>

MOO is I'm not sure what to think yet. There has been so much information and mis-information in this case, it is bewildering. Hence, in my mind it stays as 'alleged' until I hear a definitive answer one way or another.

sarx
04-23-2011, 04:51 PM
The info I have says it was a hunter's car and was cleared. fwiw

evelyn24
04-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Thank you for sharing that with us, sarx.

Soul125
04-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I call it the 'alleged vehicle' because there were many reports that it had HB's cell phone and some camo clothing in the back seat and the engine was still warm.

I believe this was denied in one LE statement. <Modsnip>

MOO is I'm not sure what to think yet. There has been so much information and mis-information in this case, it is bewildering. Hence, in my mind it stays as 'alleged' until I hear a definitive answer one way or another.

Thanks for the info. I too have read so many different versions of this in the news that I don't know what to believe is fact at this point. I was trying to find in the news if they have been using search dogs. Supposedly Holly went into the woods and traveled for sometime before she was forced into a vehicle possibly. Wouldn't dogs let them know which direction she went and how far before she entered a vehicle. Just wondering. Anybody know if dogs can follow a scent of a person in a vehicle?

Mick
04-23-2011, 04:57 PM
When I was a teenager, I had a horse and went riding frequently. I remember several times when I was intercepted by a stranger who was out riding himself and suggested I visit his home. He had two large dogs.

I remember feeling ill at ease and exiting the area.

Yesterday I called my oldest daughter, who I'd not heard from since she'd gone to Las Vegas with her friends. She was home and was crying soon after she answered the phone. The apartment she'd leased was a total dump when she saw it empty. She had decided to not move into it as the place made her feel so creepy.

In my heart I rejoiced at hearing this, as I'd imagined her being murdered in it. I couldn't tell her directly about it, as she wouldn't have accepted it. I'm totally relieved she's not taking that apartment even though it leaves her in a lurch for a place to live.

OldSteve
04-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I just went thru his whole FB page again & all of those many "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" with a heart symbol I saw last week are GONE! :waitasec:

That is very strange!? What to make of that? Any idea of when they were removed? Could LE have told him to do that? But don't know why...

mahmoo
04-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks sarx! At least that's one thing out of the "speculation arena".
Gonna go BBQ with the family for a while. As always.....hoping for some
good news when I log back in later. Everyone have a great afternoon!

Mick
04-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Make a loop thru California!!

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Make a loop thru California!!

Oooo I can go to the LaBrea Tar Pits !

ensht
04-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Many of you have been around these cases a lot longer.

Have you ever seen one so tight to the vest? I just have to think there's a reason. They seem to be saying so little about it, just very strange.

annboleyn2011
04-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't believe dogs can follow a scent after it rains and I believe they lose the scent if people are moving through water.

Nehemiah
04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I really don't know what to think right now. I wonder if his facts are right.

I know that during the hot times of the JB Ramsey case, John Walsh said that "John Ramsey cut her down", implying that she was hanged. This was no where to be found in the media or LE interviews, so I always thought he either misspoke by saying the wrong thing, or misspoke by giving info that was to be kept private. Makes me wonder here, as well.

annboleyn2011
04-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I have a hard time buying the whole premise of the story - her being led to the woods. I'd put my money on friend/acquaintance and/or family member being involved in this mess.

katiemadonna
04-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Many of you have been around these cases a lot longer.

Have you ever seen one so tight to the vest? I just have to think there's a reason. They seem to be saying so little about it, just very strange.

It seems to be getting more common....unless the family speaks there is very little from LE. So with this case, with the family not making statements we have nothing.

grandmaj
04-23-2011, 05:19 PM
OK the car and the phone. SARX thank you for saying your information is that it was a hunter's and cleared. I'm going to leave the last few posts but this is the end of this rumor please. And carrying scanner talk up into this thread is strictly forbidden.

Car and phone have been denied by LE. We have asked that this discussion stop since LE is saying there is no car or phone found.

FB Is Holly's FB private? Because I can't get on her wall. So now that means it has gone private. Even if you happened to like her and were added to the list before, if he FB is now not public to all, we cannot continue to discuss her FB.

FB of all others? I posted this last night. I'm going to post it one more time. If the parties you are sleuthing are not covered in this policy don't bring it here. Because it is against our TOS.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

not_my_kids
04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150572938395643&id=387068190642

I already can't stand pat Brown (and I hope this is allowed, but those of who watch NG knows who Pat Brown is; this is her page on FB), but she really needs to stop this. No matter the clue, the evidence, no matter what it is or how it is presented, she will turn it to proof or conjecture against the brother or bf. And she has as little information as the reast of us...from many of her postings, it appears she has less information than we do. I wish she would shut up, I think she's hurting Holly's case much more than she is helping.

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
>>snip<<
Car and phone have been denied by LE. We have asked that this discussion stop since LE is saying there is no car or phone found. >>snip<<

I think the car keeps coming up because it is still listed on HollyE's map which is posted at the top of each new forum.

MOO

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't believe dogs can follow a scent after it rains and I believe they lose the scent if people are moving through water.

Aparently the scent lingers in the air, so walking through a stream will not throw the dogs (in theory). They dont actually sniff from foot print to foot print on the ground but follow the scent in the air. A heavy storm would destroy a scent. I saw something on TV about moving dogs around in cars until they pick up a scent if they cant find or follow it in a particular area. For example if they couldnt find Holly's scent in her front yard, they could drive the dog around until he picked it up.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:29 PM
I think the car keeps coming up because it is still listed on HollyE's map which is posted at the top of each new forum.

MOO

Also I notice there is the "day time" crowd here that may cover something or be told to not talk about certain things, but then an all new "nite time" crowd comes in and drags the same stuff up again.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150572938395643&id=387068190642

I already can't stand pat Brown (and I hope this is allowed, but those of who watch NG knows who Pat Brown is; this is her page on FB), but she really needs to stop this. No matter the clue, the evidence, no matter what it is or how it is presented, she will turn it to proof or conjecture against the brother or bf. And she has as little information as the reast of us...from many of her postings, it appears she has less information than we do. I wish she would shut up, I think she's hurting Holly's case much more than she is helping.

There is a NG criticism/discussion page in the Parking Lot area.

Coldpizza
04-23-2011, 05:34 PM

Sorry for the OT here but the LA Brea Tar Pits are interesting, hot ,and you get to enjoy a day of heat and smog. Not to mention you can actually witness LA traffic at its finest! I will go with Mick on this one. Fly in to LAX or better yet San Jose and make your way quickly to HWY 1 to enjoy the best of CA.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Sorry for the OT here but the LA Brea Tar Pits are interesting, hot ,and you get to enjoy a day of heat and smog. Not to mention you can actually witness LA traffic at its finest! I will go with Mick on this one. Fly in to LAX or better yet San Jose and make your way quickly to HWY 1 to enjoy the best of CA.

I've lived in LA... :waitasec:

You know they have found some human remains (prehistoric) in the tar pits also. They are quite interesting. I believe one was a girl or young woman. I think they have a new sabre tooth tiger exhibit also.

Back to our regularly scheduled program; already in progress...

nervous_nellie
04-23-2011, 05:42 PM

oh man, your right thats really bad! she is so sarcastic about it too... this isnt the time for that kind of thing. imo

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:45 PM
This is about the only news article I have seen today. But its nice and says a lot about Holly and her family. Seem like real nice people; all of them. At least according to a wide number of friends, teachers, etc. Everyone should read this. Even after over a week into the case, I found it interesting and just nice.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110423/NEWS25/110423004/1002/rss

The Farm
04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi all,

I see nothing pertinant today either. So very frustrating.

I asked this question previously but do not think I got an answer and to scroll back all these pages I would never find it if there was one!

The boy in Holly's facebook profile picture,,is that her recent boyfriend. I do not see him listed as her friend???

CHARLISA
04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I have a question about the case and hope someone can answer it. Is it really an acre from the area where Holly was abducted to the woods? If this is true, IMO, that is a long distance to "lead" someone.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Bump regarding FB comments

OK the car and the phone. SARX thank you for saying your information is that it was a hunter's and cleared. I'm going to leave the last few posts but this is the end of this rumor please. And carrying scanner talk up into this thread is strictly forbidden.

Car and phone have been denied by LE. We have asked that this discussion stop since LE is saying there is no car or phone found.

FB Is Holly's FB private? Because I can't get on her wall. So now that means it has gone private. Even if you happened to like her and were added to the list before, if he FB is now not public to all, we cannot continue to discuss her FB.

FB of all others? I posted this last night. I'm going to post it one more time. If the parties you are sleuthing are not covered in this policy don't bring it here. Because it is against our TOS.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798)

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a question about the case and hope someone can answer it. Is it really an acre from the area where Holly was abducted to the woods? If this is true, IMO, that is a long distance to "lead" someone.

Its not that far. There are many photos of the house taken from ground level and overhead. I am not exactly sure where she went into the woods but its not an acre from her house to the woods.

iluvmua
04-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Here is what I do not get at all:

Why would you have people buy T-shirts that are not going towards the reward fund but instead all the money is going towards Holly herself?

Her mother said she wanted the donations from the T-shirts to go towards Holly so that when she gets back she can go on vacation or buy whatever she wants.

CHARLISA
04-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Its not that far. There are many photos of the house taken from ground level and overhead. I am not exactly sure where she went into the woods but its not an acre from her house to the woods.

Thanks. Another website was reporting that it was an acre. I hadn't heard of this anywhere else.

scorekeeper
04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
This is about the only news article I have seen today. But its nice and says a lot about Holly and her family. Seem like real nice people; all of them. At least according to a wide number of friends, teachers, etc. Everyone should read this. Even after over a week into the case, I found it interesting and just nice.

The article was posted earlier today. I re-read again.

The article pulls me back to my original thoughts in this case......the perp is either someone very close to the family or someone that knows Holly only in a roundabout way...from afar...a stalker

So once again.....no concrete leads to add credence to either outcome

But, yes, a nice, hometown article....

The Farm
OOOOOOPs,,,sorry, I think I saw that posted!!! Thanks Carla,,,alot of repitition going on here.

DNeecie
About the FB rules, I understand them pretty well but what about the pages that are dedicated to updating about what's going on like "Bring Holly Bobo home" I know rumors are not allowed but what about an update that was given?

Lera213
04-23-2011, 05:58 PM
I've speculated way to much and I don't even know what end is up anymore. Until more information comes forward I just cannot do this anymore. I'm reading, but I'm just so frustrated not knowing what is fact and what is rumor.

I'm turned upside down and inside out now.

Mick
04-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Then it would be best to take two days to my place to pick me up. That way it would make it a more pleasant journey.

Ooops, I forgot, we're working a case...:confused:

Back to work!! :)

charminglane
04-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that the perp could be LE?

sarx
04-23-2011, 06:03 PM
As for dogs it depends on what type of training they have had and in what discipline. For trailing dogs a little bit of rain can actually be a good thing and really gets the scent activated if you will. A torrential downpour is bad, it can literally wash the scent away, but, looking at the weather it doesn't look like they had that kind of rain. The scent does not just hang in the air, it goes to the ground, it sticks to the brush, it blows around a bit. 10 days old is a quite doable trail for a properly trained trailing dog.
If you want an overview on the different types of SAR dogs either go to my blog or to www.4themissing.net.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-23-2011, 06:11 PM
As for dogs it depends on what type of training they have had and in what discipline. For trailing dogs a little bit of rain can actually be a good thing and really gets the scent activated if you will. A torrential downpour is bad, it can literally wash the scent away, but, looking at the weather it doesn't look like they had that kind of rain. The scent does not just hang in the air, it goes to the ground, it sticks to the brush, it blows around a bit. 10 days old is a quite doable trail for a properly trained trailing dog.
If you want an overview on the different types of SAR dogs either go to my blog or to www.4themissing.net.

If the scent of the missing person had been compromised by searchers and their scents, would the dogs still be able to track the scent?

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/Local---Regional/Western-Kentucky/Local-Search-Team-Assisting-in-Search-for-Bobo

These dogs came over from Kentucky with their handlers.

wfgodot
04-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Perhaps not LE per se, but I'm open to the suggestion that someone may be enjoying protection in the investigation.

Then again, I live in Oklahoma, and that sort of thing does happen around here.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:14 PM

Why would you have people buy T-shirts that are not going towards the reward fund but instead all the money is going towards Holly herself?

Her mother said she wanted the donations from the T-shirts to go towards Holly so that when she gets back she can go on vacation or buy whatever she wants.

I don't mind (I don't live there but if I did I would buy one). Given the reward is $80,000 you arent going to add much to that by selling tee shirts. Im sure there is some financial strain on Hollys family with all this (parents not being able to work) and they want to be able to do something nice for her when she gets back (assuming, hoping, they find her). Sometimes too things like tee shirt sales, etc are ways for other people to feel helpful... getting the word out about Holly, having something to do, etc.

grandmaj
04-23-2011, 06:14 PM
About the FB rules, I understand them pretty well but what about the pages that are dedicated to updating about what's going on like "Bring Holly Bobo home" I know rumors are not allowed but what about an update that was given?

Well we have to remember that these FB's are not fact only rumor. In another case the FB's that are supposed to be support pages have created a problem for us and we limit them, but it is in the parking lot and cannot be brought to the threads.

At the present time these type of FB's are not allowed. Perhaps the moderators would consider such a thread in the Parking Lot. But this is a Holiday Weekend. So getting all of the moderators to weigh in on this may take some time.

If you send Imamaze, Shewhomaynotbenamed, Salem, and Kimster the link perhaps they will consider opening a Parking Lot thread. :)

scorekeeper
04-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Charm,

Things that make you go......Hmmmmmm.....I keep reading your post over and over :waitasec:.

Interesting

I know I read another post(s) that also asked if anyone thought the perp could be EMS/fire fighter.........

At this point, nothing would surprise me. Thanks for the thought "outside the box".......

score

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:17 PM
If the scent of the missing person had been compromised by searchers and their scents, would the dogs still be able to track the scent?

Yes. But the initial scents from her abduction will be gone after a week if they are using tracking dogs. In that case they would be looking for fresh scents. Cadaver dogs go for a different scent they have been trained to identify.

If you think about it, dogs are VERY good with scents. With sniffing dogs, for example, everyone has seen examples where they take pot (or explosives) and hide it, often in things (coffee, perfume, etc.) to mask the scent. But the dogs very often hit upon the item without too much effort.

OldSteve
04-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Thanks! Copying this over to the news thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133246&page=2

Rallihanna
04-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Sure seems like they really thought they were going to find something today... day seems like it dragged on with little or no information. Which seems to make me worry they really don't have much at all. That's concerning.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:21 PM

By and large I am not a huge LE fan or supporter ... but in this case I dont get that sense. For one, someone in LE could just flash their car lights and pull her over on the road at night some time... No need to do the more brazen, risky, thing of going to her house and trying to snatch her in broad daylight.

liltexans
04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't mind (I don't live there but if I did I would buy one). Given the reward is $80,000 you arent going to add much to that by selling tee shirts. Im sure there is some financial strain on Hollys family with all this (parents not being able to work) and they want to be able to do something nice for her when she gets back (assuming, hoping, they find her). Sometimes too things like tee shirt sales, etc are ways for other people to feel helpful... getting the word out about Holly, having something to do, etc.

I have so many windows open right now that I can't find the article about the t-shirts, but I remember it said that so far they have sold about 2,500 shirts at $12 a piece. Doing the math, that's $30,000.

I hope it was a misprint or misquote about wanting the money for Holly to use to take a vacation. Would a kidnapping survivor really want to take a vacation?

I'm not being facetious, that's a serious question.

ETA: Thank you, Ransom, for the link!

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM
It could be someone who pretended to be LE, I suppose.

SmoothOperator
04-23-2011, 06:27 PM
This pic really made me tear up and my heart literally ache at the brutal reality of what is presently happening in this tiny community to this undeserving family who I am quite certain are living in pain and anguish that 9 days ago they never even knew existed.. Heart-wrenching!

ETA: http://twitpic.com/photos/willnunley

grandmaj
04-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Does anyone have a link for this? Thanks.

sarx
04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
The big advantage to trailing dog is that they can work in contaminated areas, meaning where others have been or are at the moment for that matter. A week is still well within most of our time tables (meaning we would be comfortable going out on a 7-10 day old trail). LE dogs do not generally training for that time table, and if you see the word "tracking" it most often means LE dogs, just fyi. Now, you do hit a point where if you have thousands of people walking around the area for a week that may be an issue. I don't know the specifics on that area though.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Sure seems like they really thought they were going to find something today... day seems like it dragged on with little or no information. Which seems to make me worry they really don't have much at all. That's concerning.

I struggle with that. I would assume (and it can be a big assumption) that LE has more knowledge than has been made public, and some things involved may just take more time than we would like. I think most people get the idea that crimes are solved quickly because we see hour-long, fictionalized tv shows that have instant test results, instant this, instant that, etc. But in real life it can take a lot of old fashioned detective work, paper work, interviewing, etc.

LE also will want to keep some info under wraps to the public so suspects can be questioned about details that only he would know (that were not common knowledge) or in some cases to protect the family (in cases of sexual assault, sensationalized stuff etc).

The other big case I followed closely was like this. When the story broke it was HUGE. National news. Wild rumors. Only the bare bones of the story were made available by LE. A lot of what was stated did not make sense or seemed to contradict itself. After a couple weeks, the case went COLD as far as news and media went. NOTHING. Not a peep. Just rumors, more rumors, bizarre rumors, blah blah blah. Then, out of the blue (as far as the public was concerned), about one month after the crime, LE announced they had a suspect named, they put out a BOLO for him, and he was arrested that night.

Soooooo... IDK

I think in this case the lack of ANY news, details, statements is starting to have a negative effect on the case as far as public support goes. People have been busting their butts for over a week with NOTHING. Hope and faith and prayer will only go so far before the realities of life set in and folks settle back into their old daily routines. If LE needs public support they must find a way to keep the public's interest and focus levels up.

Ransom
04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Does anyone have a link for this? Thanks.

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So far 2,500 shirts have been sold at $12 apiece.

sarx
Yes. But the initial scents from her abduction will be gone after a week if they are using tracking dogs. In that case they would be looking for fresh scents. Cadaver dogs go for a different scent they have been trained to identify.

If you think about it, dogs are VERY good with scents. With sniffing dogs, for example, everyone has seen examples where they take pot (or explosives) and hide it, often in things (coffee, perfume, etc.) to mask the scent. But the dogs very often hit upon the item without too much effort.
Tracking dogs, yes, as they are likely LE dogs and don't train on it, trailing dogs no. Some of our best work has been on trails older than a week and so do a whole lotta other dogs out there.

Irish_Eyes
I have a hard time buying the whole premise of the story - her being led to the woods. I'd put my money on friend/acquaintance and/or family member being involved in this mess.

Why?? Profiling would seem to suggest exactly the opposite. I'm sure LE doesn't take anything anyone says at face value. If they believe she was led into the woods, they believe the credibility of the brother's information - which I'm sure they questioned him about over and over. This may be because they have corroborating evidence, such as tire/ATV tracks, scents that dogs picked up, etc. or might be corroborated by where the neighbor said she heard the screams coming from.

not_my_kids
There is a NG criticism/discussion page in the Parking Lot area.

Yes. I'm aware. I was simply directing people to the page, which I think is allowed since Pat Brown is a public figure and has made commentary on the case. As such, I see no problem with giving my opinion of that commentary. Now, there are a few here, that like Pat, consider her words close to gospel. To each their own, but I figured it couldn't hurt to direct people to her page, in case she does come up with some new insight from a POV. :)

Strawberry Fields
04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I have so many windows open right now that I can't find the article about the t-shirts, but I remember it said that so far they have sold about 2,500 shirts at $12 a piece. Doing the math, that's $30,000.

I hope it was a misprint or misquote about wanting the money for Holly to use to take a vacation. Would a kidnapping survivor really want to take a vacation?

My thoughts would be that it would be more useful for intensive therapy for her and her family.

scorekeeper
04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
By and large I am not a huge LE fan or supporter ... but in this case I dont get that sense. For one, someone in LE could just flash their car lights and pull her over on the road at night some time... No need to do the more brazen, risky, thing of going to her house and trying to snatch her in broad daylight.

BBM

Could very much be the "thrill of the hunt"..........

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Totally agree. If I was local & searching I'd buy one to wear on searches, and just to show support. And you know if the perp is local and out & about, it would be great for him to see all the people who support Holly. But from a long-distance point-of-view, buying a shirt to me is kind of creepy. I'm not sure I want a "souvenir" of this whole situation, but I now most people don't think of it that way, they just look at it as support.

Well as for the distance, I wouldn't mind showing the family that I cared even though I lived in Florida. Perhaps if I were more of an activist in local missing persons stuff, etc. it would not be so strange to wear. I see people around here wearing various florida related memorial shirts from time to time. Never thought about it as a souvenir which sounds kinda creepy. Myself I save photos from online articles for a while. I just feel like someone should care and remember.

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes. I'm aware. I was simply directing people to the page, which I think is allowed since Pat Brown is a public figure and has made commentary on the case. As such, I see no problem with giving my opinion of that commentary. Now, there are a few here, that like Pat, consider her words close to gospel. To each their own, but I figured it couldn't hurt to direct people to her page, in case she does come up with some new insight from a POV. :)

I don't mind listening to Pat's opinions on NG, but I don't take her as gospel, so to speak. I think she makes sense a lot of time. This case seems to be really bugging her-but I think Le could probably have made the lives of Holly's family easier if they would/could clear CB publicly. Why they haven't is unusual, with this much gossip going on. It would only take one sentence. I wish they would do it, personally, if they can.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:39 PM

Oh no prob. Myself I despise her at the same level I despise JVM and NG. On the other hand it is useful to sort of play Devils Advocate and look at things from different or unpopular points of view. However, I notice a lot of the points or questions she makes are very dated compared to info available today, or are just wrong.

ensht
04-23-2011, 06:41 PM
One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND
at the same time LE say "fear for her life"

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:42 PM
[/B]

BBM

True but you could hunt someone on the highway... IDK just seems a lot easier. Thats why a lot of criminals pose as cops. THey can get a victim to cooperate with even the flimsiest story. One little blinking blue xmas tree light on the dash and the woman pulls over and lets the guy cuff her up... Even if he has no real uniform, a fake badge, etc. Im not sure if I have heard of cops dressing up as turkey hunters to abduct someone. I think the person is the object of their focus. They want the person and will get that person. If there was an easier way or a harder way I would think they would do the easier way.

not_my_kids
04-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't mind listening to Pat's opinions on NG, but I don't take her as gospel, so to speak. I think she makes sense a lot of time. This case seems to be really bugging her-but I think Le could probably have made the lives of Holly's family easier if they would/could clear CB publicly. Why they haven't is unusual, with this much gossip going on. It would only take one sentence. I wish they would do it, personally, if they can.

Ya know, I've thought about that, and I've come to the conclusion that maybe LE doesn't want to clear anyone simply because of how tight the community is. For example, if they clear her brother, then people start asking about her bf, and if they don't clear him, then the suspicion of him gets even stronger. Works the other way too, if they clear the bf, but not the brother. And if both of them are cleared, then the perp may think they really are onto him, as an outsider to the family, whether they are or not, and if Holly is still alive, he may panic. At this point, it might be better to stick with, "Everyone's a suspect", because it makes it look like they know nothing. (And I hope that they actually know something.)

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

I probably ask someone every day to clarify what they have told me. And its simple stuff like what they want from the grocery, etc. So I can understand how vaguely worded statements may have been misconstrued initially. Aparently LE disagreed with the initial statements that were incorrect and clarified things. The clarified statements do make sense, really. Much more so than the original version of events.

I am not sure if anyone has ever actually had access to original transcripts of anything. Even on TV when you see a someone at a PC they are reading a statement copied from another statement, taken from a report, edited by someone, etc. And then when you see the story on the news or on a web site, its been transcribed, interpreted, condensed, made more dramatic (a lot of reports still say dragged).

cluciano63
04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing that once LE knew it was not the boyfriend, the manner in which she was walking with him led them to believe it had to be someone threatening, as who else would she have been leaning against, for example, or allow to take her arm, or whatever he saw...

cheko1
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM

I feel certain LE knows soooo much in this case they're just waiting for the person to make the wrong move/ or the right move!

The Gov. put up $50,000. in reward money. Seems to me so much money is being spent in additional LE/ FBI/ TBI /Dive teams / helicopters & the list goes on & on.....to catch the perp!!! Yet the perp is probably sitting back LOL that he is smarter then they are.............he knows where Holly is at & all of them put together can't find her!!!

LE aren't fools.......hopefully they're getting ready to pounce on the perp & show him Tn justice!!!!

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi, I just signed in. On Prime News the HLN guy announced that Nancy Grace will be covering Holly Bobo tonight. I'm confused though because NG is not listed in my TV guide for tonight. :waitasec:

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi, I just signed in. On Prime News the HLN guy announced that Nancy Grace will be covering Holly Bobo tonight. I'm confused though because NG is not listed in my TV guide for tonight. :waitasec:

They may repeat it on weekend nights (I rarely watch it) but its probably an ad for MONDAY

grandmaj
04-23-2011, 06:55 PM

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

Thank You very much. I hadn't seen this article but read it on FB which is so full of rumor. 10-4....... xoxo

DNeecie
04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Laura Ingle from Fox News tweeted 20mins ago that she was about to report live about updates. Did anyone catch it?

SmoothOperator
04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Re: iluvmua I do understand where you're coming from with the questions about Holly's Tshirts profits and her momma wanting any/all[still awaiting confirmation on this aspect]of the proceeds to go to Holly personally.. I too definitely feel that as IMO most would that the proceeds would much be better off to go toward search efforts..but..and here is where I just cann0t find it within me to be able to be upset..angry..or even disappointed with momma for this statement..because this human being that is within the absolute throes of hell unlike she even knew existed and God has most likely granted her some solace in allowing a sense of "shock" to be a blessing at such a time..

what I mean is I can feel this woman..this momma's pain as well as feel and see her grasping at the tiniest glimmers of hope that are becoming terribly few and far between and can understand completely exactly what this momma would give her life in the blink of an eye for and thats the miracle of Holly being alive and able to come home to go out and spend any amount in this entire universe..no matter the astronomical number and/or amount just as i said grasping at one of the last glimmers of that hope for that miracle and I cannot..I just can't get angry.. be judgemental..nor can I even question what it is that Karen Bobo IMO most likely means by making a statement such as this..I feel as tho I already know so IMO let this precious human have what is most likely one of the few fleeting moments before being blindsided with what has most likely happened to her baby and that is that a monster has ripped this momma's baby from her life..from her heart..and this is more than I imagine most human beings can bear..I know it would be for me..just MO tho :)

DNeecie
04-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Re: iluvmua I do understand where you're coming from with the questions about Holly's Tshirts profits and her momma wanting any/all[still awaiting confirmation on this aspect]of the proceeds to go to Holly personally.. I too definitely feel that as IMO most would that the proceeds would much be better off to go toward search efforts..but..and here is where I just cann0t find it within me to be able to be upset..angry..or even disappointed with momma for this statement..because this human being that is within the absolute throes of hell unlike she even knew existed and God has most likely granted her some solace in allowing a sense of "shock" to be a blessing at such a time..

what I mean is I can feel this woman..this momma's pain as well as feel and see her grasping at the tiniest glimmers of hope that are becoming terribly few and far between and can understand completely exactly what this momma would give her life in the blink of an eye for and thats the miracle of Holly being alive and able to come home to go out and spend any amount in this entire universe..no matter the astronomical number and/or amount just as i said grasping at one of the last glimmers of that hope for that miracle and I cannot..I just can't get angry.. be judgemental..nor can I even question what it is that Karen Bobo IMO most likely means by making a statement such as this..I feel as tho I already know so IMO let this precious human have what is most likely one of the few fleeting moments before being blindsided with what has most likely happened to her baby and that is that a monster has ripped this momma's baby from her life..from her heart..and this is more than I imagine most human beings can bear..I know it would be for me..just MO tho :)

Your right. I imagine this is her way of hanging on to hope.

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
They may repeat it on weekend nights (I rarely watch it) but its probably an ad for MONDAY

I think you're right.

SmoothOperator
04-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Ya know, I've thought about that, and I've come to the conclusion that maybe LE doesn't want to clear anyone simply because of how tight the community is. For example, if they clear her brother, then people start asking about her bf, and if they don't clear him, then the suspicion of him gets even stronger. Works the other way too, if they clear the bf, but not the brother. And if both of them are cleared, then the perp may think they really are onto him, as an outsider to the family, whether they are or not, and if Holly is still alive, he may panic. At this point, it might be better to stick with, "Everyone's a suspect", because it makes it look like they know nothing. (And I hope that they actually know something.)

not_my_kids I think you are dead on with your assessment as for the "why won't LE clear brother"[or anyone for that matter].. NOthing needed to be added as I think you explained superbly as well..

I 100% agree with you[and for those who follow Hailey Dunn's case alot of the time I believe LE in CCITY Wishes that they too had chosen this tactic rather than the one that they did choose[i.e. naming Shawn Adkins their ONLY suspect and their ONLY POI]..jmo tho!

cheko1
04-23-2011, 07:09 PM

I think thats why so many searchers are giving up hope.....

grandmaj
04-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Advocating violence is against our TOS.

Also we are Law Enforcement friendly. Theory that a rogue member of LE is involved in theory only, is one thing. Grouping all Law Enforcement as being other than caring, hard working and dedicated doesn't cut it here.

So unless something is in MSM to paint us a picture that LE is not right on top of this case and doing everything possible, is not going to fly. We have to remember that while we want answers, having them at the risk of harming this investigation is not a right we can, or should demand.

What is important is that Holly is found. :)
Thanks.........

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 07:13 PM
[/B]

BBM

Or EYE on the Prize!

Carla Lashelle
One thing I have not seen mentioned at all... Did Holly work? She was 20. I would think that she would have had a job or two in the last 4-5 years. I know she is a student now, but a lot of kids work during their last years in HS, on summer vaction, etc.

scorekeeper
True but you could hunt someone on the highway... IDK just seems a lot easier. Thats why a lot of criminals pose as cops. THey can get a victim to cooperate with even the flimsiest story. One little blinking blue xmas tree light on the dash and the woman pulls over and lets the guy cuff her up... Even if he has no real uniform, a fake badge, etc. Im not sure if I have heard of cops dressing up as turkey hunters to abduct someone. I think the person is the object of their focus. They want the person and will get that person. If there was an easier way or a harder way I would think they would do the easier way.

BBM wearing camo in this area is like wearing a tank top in Florida..

If it was a stalker, I'm sure they probably watched from afar and possibly hid in the woods to get the routine...sitting on the side of road would have drawn to much attention.....it seems they have been working in the background...i don't think it was a random abduction...it seems this perp choose the easiest way for them....so far it has worked because Holly is still missing.

JMO

Woe.be.gone
04-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Please keep in mind the no discussion, news only thread to follow what's taking place. Please add news links to it:

TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20 yrs old, Decatur County, 13 April 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133246)

Also:

I was thinking about the gal 40 miles away who reported an attempted abduction. Sure looks like the same MO and has me thinking about about things I find strange/different about HB case from others, namely the fast ramp up of getting FBI, TBI, involved, the Gov. increasing the reward... something seems up with all of that, plus how tight-lipped they are...

Getting back to the other gal... so much to be gleaned there... does she have a FB page, was the perp on her page, did she ever see or have contact with him.... but nothing said about any of this?

Don't know if this has been addressed but I saw this covered on HLN during the four o'clock hour. They showed a side-by-side picture of the two women and talked about the possibility of the attempted abduction being linked to Holly's. They interviewed the other woman, age 31, briefly. Physically they are the same type.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
not_my_kids I think you are dead on with your assessment as for the "why won't LE clear brother"[or anyone for that matter].. NOthing needed to be added as I think you explained superbly as well..

I 100% agree with you[and for those who follow Hailey Dunn's case alot of the time I believe LE in CCITY Wishes that they too had chosen this tactic rather than the one that they did choose[i.e. naming Shawn Adkins their ONLY suspect and their ONLY POI]..jmo tho!

I understand what you are saying but i tend to think LE needs to start clearing the air here there is way tooo much doubt. If the brother and Bf took a poly which i would think they would be advised to do then LE could tell ppl hey
they proved truthfull on the poly and let ppl get off their case..but i do not think that will happen till the family and the bf take the test...

rule them out and move on to the real (as they say on criminal minds) UNSUB.

JMO

daisy.faithfull
04-23-2011, 07:24 PM

I think that they are saying that Holly was in "fear for her life" to explain why she walked willingly with the perp, speculating that the perp threatened that if she did not walk with him he would kill her.

But that's just my interpretation of it. Others here have speculated that it is possible that the perp could have threatened her family if she did not comply and I agree that that is a more likely scenario.

Either way, that statement that she was in fear for her life is not based on the look on Holly's face etc., but to explain why she would walk willingly with someone who was not her boyfriend.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM
BBM wearing camo in this area is like wearing a tank top in Florida..

If it was a stalker, I'm sure they probably watched from afar and possibly hid in the woods to get the routine...sitting on the side of road would have drawn to much attention.....it seems they have been working in the background...i don't think it was a random abduction...it seems this perp choose the easiest way for them....so far it has worked because Holly is still missing.

JMO

LOL hey here in florida we have camo tank tops LOL

DNeecie
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
The fox update was nothing new but they did say they hope to raise $35,000 dollars for Holly to do what ever she wants to with it when she gets home.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
LOL hey here in florida we have camo tank tops LOL

Yeah I have three or four. One is grey and blue camo (for the arctic), one is green and tan camo for the woods, and one is pink camo for every day hiding. I have camo Keds sneakers too.

PibblePal
04-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Do they have outdoor dogs? The only way someone could get me to follow or "lead" me into the woods: if they said my dog was hurt. I can see the perp going up to her and saying their dog was hurt (or a dog was hurt) in the woods and they both would go deeper into the woods looking for the dog. Or maybe he said he accidentally shot a dog.... I don't know. That is just what I feel may be a possible scenario - whether she knew him or not would not be relevant at that point. Her concentration would be focused on looking for an animal, not focused on the perp necessarily...

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah I have three or four. One is grey and blue camo (for the arctic), one is green and tan camo for the woods, and one is pink camo for every day hiding. I have camo Keds sneakers too.

I have a few myself LOL

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Do they have outdoor dogs? The only way someone could get me to follow or "lead" me into the woods: if they said my dog was hurt. I can see the perp going up to her and saying their dog was hurt (or a dog was hurt) in the woods and they both would go deeper into the woods looking for the dog. Or maybe he said he accidentally shot a dog.... I don't know. That is just what I feel may be a possible scenario - whether she knew him or not would not be relevant at that point. Her concentration would be focused on looking for an animal, not focused on the perp necessarily...

The dog I have seen in a photo of Holly was some hairy Toto looking thing not really suitable for the yard and woods.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I think that they are saying that Holly was in "fear for her life" to explain why she walked willingly with the perp, speculating that the perp threatened that if she did not walk with him he would kill her.

But that's just my interpretation of it. Others here have speculated that it is possible that the perp could have threatened her family if she did not comply and I agree that that is a more likely scenario.

Either way, that statement that she was in fear for her life is not based on the look on Holly's face etc., but to explain why she would walk willingly with someone who was not her boyfriend.

Well "Fear for her LIfe" is a very descriptive statement and im not so sure it came from clint! JMO

I dont think they should have said these things if they were not there. We need to hear what the only person who saw her SAW . JMO

Jo in Calif
04-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Well "Fear for her LIfe" is a very descriptive statement and im not so sure it came from clint! JMO

I dont think they should have said these things if they were not there. We need to hear what the only person who saw her SAW . JMO

If this statement came from LE, I'm pretty confident they got their information from the brother.
If this is what LE got from Holly's brother as to what he saw, it's good enough for me.
Clint has never given an interview to the press but IMO he has to LE, probably more than one.

Skully
04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Hope for Holly and prayers to all involved. I will be thinking of her tomorrow and maybe she will be home for Easter with her family. Sending love to all the searchers and LE too!

not_my_kids
04-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I understand what you are saying but i tend to think LE needs to start clearing the air here there is way tooo much doubt. If the brother and Bf took a poly which i would think they would be advised to do then LE could tell ppl hey
they proved truthfull on the poly and let ppl get off their case..but i do not think that will happen till the family and the bf take the test...

rule them out and move on to the real (as they say on criminal minds) UNSUB.

JMO

But that's the thing...we don't now that they haven't been privately cleared, just that it hasn't been publicly announced. LE has stated over and over again what they are looking for in terms of a community member. Anyone in the area that may have seen something but is too blinded by their suspicion of brother or bf to report it is likely going to be too blinded whether there is an LE statement or not. JMO. If it preserves the case integrity for the professionals, it doesn't matter how maddening it is for us. I cannot bring Holly home. LE can. I'm happy to let them do what they do.

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 07:54 PM
If this statement came from LE, I'm pretty confident they got their information from the brother.
If this is what LE got from Holly's brother as to what he saw, it's good enough for me.
Clint has never given an interview to the press but IMO he has to LE, probably more than one.

My interpretation is that LE made this statement themselves to try to clarify any earlier statements. I would like to see a written transcript of the original statement put out by LE based on the first hand statements made by her brother. Im not casting doubt on him at all. I think at some point there was just some slop in the haste of getting things out to the news and later on things had to be clarified.

SweetSkit
04-23-2011, 07:55 PM

30,000.00 for your missing daughters vacation??

SmoothOperator
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Re: PibblePal's thoughts about the possibility of using the ruse of "your dog is injured..come quick..we must hurry to save your dog that I[as in the perp]or someone accidentally shot or injured your dog while hunting in the woods here"..possibly claiming that the injured pet was only a few feet into the dense woods..That's definitely NOT SOMETHING til now I had thought of..It does make alot more sense to me as well as is easier to believe that Holly would quickly react to this by going with the hunter to hurry to help&save her dog!..much easier IMO to believe she would hae an immediate reaction and response of just going without hesitating and without even thinking it through when it was her very own pet's life that was at stake..Very good point IMO..
BTW Welcome Neighbor!! I too am in Memphis;)

**and lol..and ROFLMAO over Lashelle's comment about the dog possibilty... "the toto looking 'thing' not suitable for the yard and woods"...hehehehehehheheehhehehe! hilarious!!

Jo in Calif
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
My interpretation is that LE made this statement themselves to try to clarify any earlier statements. I would like to see a written transcript of the original statement put out by LE based on the first hand statements made by her brother. Im not casting doubt on him at all. I think at some point there was just some slop in the haste of getting things out to the news and later on things had to be clarified.

Wouldn't we all.
But until then I'm going to trust LE statements.

daisy.faithfull
04-23-2011, 08:03 PM

I don't think that the statement that Holly was complying because she was threatened came from Clint. I think that it was speculation put out there by LE because while locals and people like ourselves would see that this is an abduction others would question that because she went willingly.

I do understand what you are saying about the importance of reporting what was seen. But I'm not sure if it was reported that Holly was, without a doubt, threatened to comply. I'll go see what I can find, but I think that it was reported that she may have been threatened to comply.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 08:06 PM
But that's the thing...we don't now that they haven't been privately cleared, just that it hasn't been publicly announced. LE has stated over and over again what they are looking for in terms of a community member. Anyone in the area that may have seen something but is too blinded by their suspicion of brother or bf to report it is likely going to be too blinded whether there is an LE statement or not. JMO. If it preserves the case integrity for the professionals, it doesn't matter how maddening it is for us. I cannot bring Holly home. LE can. I'm happy to let them do what they do.

Exactly we dont know anything we dont know if they did or if they didnt, so our thoughts go all diff ways. None of us know what to think .
Every one there is a community member.

I dont think anyone else saw anything look where their home is. If it HAPPEND ON the road id say yea maybe someone saw something.

I hear what your saying! and respect your opinion but i also have mine.
Im not blameing anyone but this entire case is getting a bit strange.
I hope LE knows more then we do.. untill we hear something i kind of have my doubts. This is all just MVOO

Carla Lashelle
04-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Ok need to fix me some dinner and get ready for bed. Nitey nite y'all and thanks for the good company and ideas! L.

iluvmua
04-23-2011, 08:07 PM

ETA: Thank you, Ransom, for the link!

Also, I believe that people all over the country are buying the T-shirts.

It's very odd. I don't get it at all. I've never heard of a case where the family raises funds so that the money can go directly to the victim to do whatever they please with it.

I would understand if the money was going to a trust fund etc. , but for all of the money going to whatever the recipient wants to do with it is : :waitasec:

esp. since if she is found alive, she's going to need therapy of some sort for quit a while.

It just rubs me the wrong way, esp. in this economy.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think that the statement that Holly was complying because she was threatened came from Clint. I think that it was speculation put out there by LE because while locals and people like ourselves would see that this is an abduction others would question that because she went willingly.

I do understand what you are saying about the importance of reporting what was seen. But I'm not sure if it was reported that Holly was, without a doubt, threatened to comply. I'll go see what I can find, but I think that it was reported that she may have been threatened to comply.

it was that guy in the suit that Meher guy he said she was in fear for her life!
this was after they changed the story from dragged away to led away

If clint said she was in fear for her life .... he should have gone after her! JMVOO

not_my_kids
04-23-2011, 08:08 PM

That is exactly what happened. There is a set of transcriptions back in thread 8 that I did of LE statements. Mark Gwyn is the one that sat on camera and amended the statement by saying that dragged was not the appropriate term. He stated that the abductor had hold of her (I don't remember his exact wording), but that she was walking and and dragged was no the right word.

ETA: It may have been Mehr. I'd have to go look it up.
And the statement that they made was that they believe that she was in fear for her life. Not that her brother believed, not that it was based on witness statements, but that they as LE believed that she was in fear for her life.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Also, I believe that people all over the country are buying the T-shirts.

It's very odd. I don't get it at all. I've never heard of a case where the family raises funds so that the money can go directly to the victim to do whatever they please with it.

I would understand if the money was going to a trust fund etc. , but for all of the money going to whatever the recipient wants to do with it is : :waitasec:

esp. since if she is found alive, she's going to need therapy of some sort for quit a while.

It just rubs me the wrong way, esp. in this economy.

me tooo! that money should go to helping pay for gas for the atvs searching bring in sar dogs all the search and rescue stufffff not a vacation

If they get Holly home im sure someone will send her on vacation!

Use that money to GET her home!!!!!

sarx
04-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Ok, I gotta say, I don't understand the vacation fund.
I know it's not, but in some ways it's like a runaway bribe.. "if you come home we'll give you a (fill in the blank).
And is there a heaven forbid contingency plan? What if she doesn't come home, where does the money go?

not_my_kids
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Just imagine...by the time this is over that family will be wealthy on top of the wealth they already had.

If people dont think this is NUTS, I dont know what to think of people!!

I don't think it's nuts. And I'm a people. I think it's a mother holding onto hope that her child will come home and everything will be normal again.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Ok need to fix me some dinner and get ready for bed. Nitey nite y'all and thanks for the good company and ideas! L.

Hoppy Easter Carla!

SweetSkit
04-23-2011, 08:14 PM
me tooo! that money should go to helping pay for gas for the atvs searching bring in sar dogs all the search and rescue stufffff not a vacation

If they get Holly home im sure someone will send her on vacation!

Use that money to GET her home!!!!!

Not to mention all the food and things people have donated INTERNATIONALLY for this family and for this search. Churches in the area have donated thousands of dollars that is not showing up in the news articles...I think it is AMAZINGLY selfish that they could be thinking this way while so many are giving everything they can to help this family....

This is turning into a circus FAST.

Eileen730
04-23-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't think it's nuts. And I'm a people. I think it's a mother holding onto hope that her child will come home and everything will be normal again.

then you use that money to find that daughter! thats what its for!

unfortunately nothing will ever be normal in their lives again even if they bring her home!
JMO

VicVixvi
04-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Or maybe they got the idea that Holly was 'in fear for her life' from some action or act from Holly, perhaps some clue she managed to leave behind.

That was the only way I could jibe what CB said and the statement 'in fear for her life'.

SweetSkit
04-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I know it's not, but in some ways it's like a runaway bribe.. "if you come home we'll give you a (fill in the blank).
And is there a heaven forbid contingency plan? What if she doesn't come home, where does the money go?

Where does the reward go if no one comes forward and they find her deceased (God Forbid)?

katydid23
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
I could see the 'your dog is injured' ruse as a possibility. But that does not explain why the guy was holding her close as they walked. To me the body language they described implies that the guy had a knife or a gun. imoo

katydid23
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM

I have to say that it seems very odd to me as well. Why not use the money for extra searchers and private dog handlers FIRST, maybe Private Investigators.

Then once she comes home you can figure out a way for her to go on a little vacation. I bet she would get plenty of offers from people offering her their beach house if she comes home safe.

I DO understand the Mom's hope that the money could be used to fund a nice vacation for her beautiful daughter. But she is putting the cart before the horse, imo.

DNeecie
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM

I would hope that it would get donated to help other families search for their missing loved ones but I don't really think they are considering all this that everyone is saying. I think it is their way of saying YES Holly is coming home, so here is this money she can do whatever she wants to with it because she's been through Heck.

jaycee
04-23-2011, 08:25 PM

I do understand. Totally. This is the way her mother is dealing with the limbo she is caught in. She cannot bear to think of Holly not coming home or dead so she is trying to look ahead to a future for Holly. She is trying to believe that everything is going to be okay. She's a mother and I'm sure not going to fault her with the sort of confusion and even grief she is dealing with.

Don't worry. I'm sure the family won't be keeping it. If Holly doesn't come home to use it, it will go to a worthy charity.

Just my thoughts on it.

SweetSkit
04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Personally, if someone I love has been abducted and I do not know if they are dead or alive for weeks...when they get home I am gonna hold them VERY close...sending them on a vacation will be the farthest from my thoughts...

IMHO...

Plumeria5
04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I was backtracking and reading yesterday's posts wondering about a time line of when Holly's mom and dad left for work. I found the school that Mrs. Bobo taught at and from their home it looks like the drive takes 30 minutes. School starts somewhere around 7:30 to 7:45am. Teachers usually have to report at least 30 minutes before the start of school. Also, the website says one teacher has to be at school by 7:00am. They probably take turns doing that duty. So,
I would say her mom had to leave home between 6:30am or 6:45 at the latest to get to school on time.

I am wondering if the abductor got there before the parents left to actually watch them leaving or just knew if their vehicles were gone then they weren't there. (creepy thought for the parents knowing they could have been watched leaving the home)

s_finch
04-23-2011, 08:28 PM

VA, S FLA, have you guys checked out the price of gas lately?? JK

iluvmua
04-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I would hope that it would get donated to help other families search for their missing loved ones but I don't really think they are considering all this that everyone is saying. I think it is their way of saying YES Holly is coming home, so here is this money she can do whatever she wants to with it because she's been through Heck.

It just makes them look selfish and I don't think they realize it.

I think the money should be going back to the Vols who helped search for Holly.

I think people are going to be very upset if they find out that all that money is going to Holly to do whatever she pleases with it.

daisy.faithfull
04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
That is exactly what happened. There is a set of transcriptions back in thread 8 that I did of LE statements. Mark Gwyn is the one that sat on camera and amended the statement by saying that dragged was not the appropriate term. He stated that the abductor had hold of her (I don't remember his exact wording), but that she was walking and and dragged was no the right word.

ETA: It may have been Mehr. I'd have to go look it up.
And the statement that they made was that they believe that she was in fear for her life. Not that her brother believed, not that it was based on witness statements, but that they as LE believed that she was in fear for her life.

Thank you! I've spent what little time I have trying to keep up with the threads, but I have read them all, and I remember seeing that.

I also found this:
Search for Holly Bobo continues; cops advise community to look for anyone acting strangely
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-17/news/29464902_1_unidentified-man-press-conference-nursing-student

excerpt: "Investigators believe Bobo was threatened by the unidentified man and followed him into the woods because she feared for her life."

As Lashelle pointed out, it would be interesting to find a transcript of LE's statement. I can't seem to find that though.

s_finch
04-23-2011, 08:33 PM

Yep, and earlier I was arguing with her on her FB page, gonna have to go back and look.

s_finch
04-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Because apparently mom really believes Holly is coming home and is working toward that end. It's actually a nice thought for Holly. Not saying that's what I would do, but it is a nice thought.

Adrienne37
04-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Especially considering that LE has stated that he has been more than cooperative with the investigation.

~jmo~

daisy.faithfull
04-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Absolutely. I agree with you 100%. I can't imagine what her mom is going through. That the community is supporting her with this is proof enough for me that there is nothing "off" about the fund.