PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
04-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!

norest4thewicked
04-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Last night they said that either Tri County Concrete or a plant in the area was closed for at least 15 years. I don't remember if they are the same place or not. I thought that this plant had been renamed Tri County Concrete but had then been closed. I could be wrong though. Can't remember.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Well this would explain why no 911 calls have been released. The release of 911 calls to the public was banned in TN last week.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/bill-1000479-senate-public.html

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Last night they said that either Tri County Concrete or a plant in the area was closed for at least 15 years. I don't remember if they are the same place or not. I thought that this plant had been renamed Tri County Concrete but had then been closed. I could be wrong though. Can't remember.

From last nite I remember there is an old concrete place that is closed and a new one in the area but now at the same location of the old plant.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 10:22 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/GCoy1

Fox13 reporter tweeted that there is a news conference today ((no details))

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 10:23 AM

Pretty sure it is open.

The property was purchased in 2005.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Well this would explain why no 911 calls have been released. The release of 911 calls to the public was banned in TN last week.

wow!!!!!!!!

Oh it does not bann written copy of the reports just the call.

Im glad they didnt do that in florida!

nervous_nellie
04-25-2011, 10:26 AM

however it doesnt ban transcripts of 911's YET... so maybe there is still hope...

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
however it doesnt ban transcripts of 911's YET... so maybe there is still hope...

yup... ((looks like they are planning on trying to do that next))

((from link))

The Senate version does not include banning written records of those calls. Meanwhile, the House is aiming to ban the text, and that's where the bill is headed next.

good find Carla

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Pretty sure it is open.

The property was purchased in 2005.

I think it is also.

wfgodot
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
The 911 ban was passed by the TN Senate and is now going to the House. It has not yet become law, and has no effect on the decision whether or not to release the crucial 911 tape(s) in the Bobo case.

nervous_nellie
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM
article concerning the prompt to ban 911's public via msm...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35547155/ns/us_news-life/

Linda Casey dialed 911 and screamed, "Oh, God!" over and over again into the phone after finding her daughter beaten to death in the driveway of their North Carolina home.
Later that day, she heard the 911 recording on the local news and vomited.
"This was not only the most painful thing I have ever been through, it should have been the most private," she said in an e-mail.
Because of situations like Casey's, lawmakers in Alabama, Ohio and Wisconsin are deciding whether to bar the public release of 911 calls.

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Did anything new get released last night on the impromptu late searches?

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Tri County Concrete is listed in the yellow pages so i would guess its open for business.

nervous_nellie
04-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Did anything new get released last night on the impromptu late searches?

no...

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Earl Farrell of Fox 13 just reported that the searchers are saying Holly's cell phone was found near a road.....it has not been confirmed.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 10:36 AM
article concerning the prompt to ban 911's public via msm...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35547155/ns/us_news-life/

Linda Casey dialed 911 and screamed, "Oh, God!" over and over again into the phone after finding her daughter beaten to death in the driveway of their North Carolina home.
Later that day, she heard the 911 recording on the local news and vomited.
"This was not only the most painful thing I have ever been through, it should have been the most private," she said in an e-mail.
Because of situations like Casey's, lawmakers in Alabama, Ohio and Wisconsin are deciding whether to bar the public release of 911 calls.

We had a young mother here abducted she called 99 from her captors cell phone while she was in his cAR... another woman saw here in the car and called 911 with the description and the direction and the street she was following the car and no one came the girl was shot in the head
Now there is a total diff way 911 are handled.
Cant cover up the mistakes made as painfull as they are sometimes they need to be heard!

Daisyjane
04-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm wondering if maybe the "significant evidence" was not an actual piece like clothing or possessions, but maybe like skid marks, trampled down underbrush, remnants of a campfire etc.?

Daisyjane
04-25-2011, 10:41 AM
BTW, what weather is expected today, is it conducive to foot searches?

Skully
04-25-2011, 10:41 AM
O/T just want to say my Aunt passed last night, she was 96 years old. Her house number was 413 and I thought of it yesterday when someone mentioned the scripture verse was 4:13 and that is the day Holly was taken. I said a little prayer and asked her to if she can, to guide LE and searchers to help find Holly. She was a big St Anthony fan and a believed he could find anything!

VicVixvi
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
The owners of the business had a 22 year old female relative die from injuries in a car accident in 2005. They know the pain of sudden death.

Were either of the Bobo kids involved in the accident in any fashion? I don't mean necessarily driving the other car, but perhaps at the same party..some way that somebody might 'blame' them for the other girls death in the accident?

Just a thought..

wfgodot
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM

100% chance of rain today, 80% tonight, 70% tomorrow.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Parsons+TN+USTN0391

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 10:44 AM
I think I posted this already but one of Clint's close friends died in a car accident like 18 days before Holly was abducted..This community is seriously facing lose...:(

curiousc
04-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Earl Farrell of Fox 13 just reported that the searchers are saying Holly's cell phone was found near a road.....it has not been confirmed.

I read that info elsewhere. Perhaps there is truth to that.

If that is the case, I don't understand why her mom would be relieved at that find. Perhaps though, she's relieved that they have found something of Holly's and could be close to finding her.

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM

We (West TN) have some real bad weather moving in. Possible tornados they are saying this evening..

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm wondering if maybe the "significant evidence" was not an actual piece like clothing or possessions, but maybe like skid marks, trampled down underbrush, remnants of a campfire etc.?

Well any of those are general unless there is a link to Holly's abduction. That would lead me to think there is actual evidence. What would be "significant"? Personal article like clothing or (heaven forbid) a body perhaps?

Why this location? Was it a random desolate location or is the perp related/familiar with the location? Employer in the area?

cocomod
I have a question. I am sorry if it has been shown before, but where did the mother actually say that the money from the sale of the T-shirts would be used for a vacation? So many times in this case, the media have ran with something that is misconstrued and not verified. Just askin'. Thanks!

10EC_Dad
We (West TN) have some real bad weather moving in. Possible tornados they are saying this evening..

Three days of strong to severe weather headed into this area starting this morning.

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
I have a question. I am sorry if it has been shown before, but where did the mother actually say that the money from the sale of the T-shirts would be used for a vacation? So many times in this case, the media have ran with something that is misconstrued and not verified. Just askin'. Thanks!

On Local news the Aunt was the one that said it. I think everyone is right..She is just hoping SO bad her baby comes home that she is planning like she is on her way now...SO sad...:(

wfgodot
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts after working with Holly's mother on the design and wording.

"When Holly comes home, [Holly's mother] wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

imamaze
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
What is the connection with Tri County Concrete and Holly?

cocomod
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
O/T just want to say my Aunt passed last night, she was 96 years old. Her house number was 413 and I thought of it yesterday when someone mentioned the scripture verse was 4:13 and that is the day Holly was taken. I said a little prayer and asked her to if she can, to guide LE and searchers to help find Holly. She was a big St Anthony fan and a believed he could find anything!

So sorry for your loss Bern! {Hugs}

cleo612
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM

There is no connection, ima. MSM has mentioned that some evidence might have been found at a location near there (or at that business), but have not named the business in any way, shape or form.

imamaze
04-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Just a Reminder...

No bashing the family regarding the T-Shirts! (not saying its happening, just making sure it doesn't)

Stop posting phone numbers and discussing this business, until or unless it becomes part of the case.

cocomod
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM

Thank you so much!

Whitney Duncan is now trying to head this off by tweeting
To clear up a rumor: no money is going toward a vacation for anyone at anytime. No one in this family cares about a vacation!

WillenFan21
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Heads up everyone.... Nancy Grace is covering this tonight. I haven't been following this case closely but I wonder if the significant find in the case is her cell phone?

cocomod
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Just a Reminder...

No bashing the family regarding the T-Shirts! (not saying its happening, just making sure it doesn't)

Stop posting phone numbers and discussing this business, until or unless it becomes part of the case.

I agree! People need to understand that there is no handbook for missing person families.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Confirmation in mainstream news that yesterdays big find came from a called in tip

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20056986-504083.html

TGIRecovered
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
IMO, most of the time NG just picks up on a few facts or rumors which are a couple of days old, calls them "Bombshell, Tonight!!!" and re-hashes the same two old clues over and over.

I'm not holding my breath for new info unless she has a family member on who slips up and spills something interesting.

I hope that none of Holly's family puts themselves through that wringer, since LE seems to be pulling out all the stops to find Holly ASAP! Right now, they don't need Nancy, IMO!

Daisyjane
04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Whatever happened to that radio update we were expecting?

GoHard24
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
The rumors and gossip are just to draw traffic for revenue. It's kind of hypocritical in a sense. Instead she should be worried about drawing traffic for the reason, bringing the cases to attention and hopefully finding somebody in the media who knows something. There's no reason she can't go on about possible scenarios and what the police department has released and why they might be keeping so much evidence back.

There is plenty to talk about just knowing the facts at this point even with so much being held back. There's no need to start rumors or assume.

GoHard24
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Whatever happened to that radio update we were expecting?

Not sure. I stopped listening after they went on and on about some baby's mama on meth who was talking about stealing her kids money.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Not sure. I stopped listening after they went on and on about some baby's mama on meth who was talking about stealing her kids money.

Nunley is quiet also!

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 11:19 AM
[SIZE="4"]When a moderator makes a ruling it is not to be decided on the forum to question that ruling. Imamaze is a moderator and when she says stop doing something pay attention and don't argue among yourselves about it.

We do not personally involve ourselves in the case. This business has much to lose with negative comments being made. You have the address, you know the type of business and that something was found near there.

Put yourself in the shoes of being a resident or business owner and having the misfortune of someone leaving or throwing evidence on your property and the next thing you know the world is sleuthing you out. If MSM reports a connection then we go down that road. Until then use the address, how it may relate to Holly's Home, School, other searches. But do not continue to involve this company unless Law Enforcement leads you in that direction. Innocent people and innocent business could be harmed.

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 11:19 AM
TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators are "pretty sure" the item found in the ongoing search belongs to Bobo but it's not certain it will help.
http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/8d94e0add70b42a0ba1edb9d6e1bf27d/TN--Tenn-Woman-Abducted/

Peliman
04-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Well look, I don't want to overdo things and believe in using discretion. If MSM is pointing at locations or nearby where they might have found an item of Holly's it becomes nothing more than a point on the map. That's what could distinguish some type of pattern in a kidnappers travels.

Maybe it's nothing and ends up in a wild goose chase but patterns do begin to emerge. So yes, LE gave an indication an area was being searched.

Land navigation is one of my areas of interest and military training. I do believe in connecting the dots if possible.

JMO

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Well look, I don't want to overdo things and believe in using discretion. If MSM is pointing at locations or nearby where they might have found an item of Holly's it becomes nothing more than a point on the map. That's what could distinguish some type of pattern in a kidnappers travels.

Maybe it's nothing and ends up in a wild goose chase but patterns do begin to emerge. So yes, LE gave an indication an area was being searched.

Land navigation is one of my areas of interest and military training. I do believe in connecting the dots if possible.

JMO

Peli this is exactly how the information should be used. Thank YOU. And your hair looks lovely again today. :lol: :lol:

Peliman
04-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Peli this is exactly how the information should be used. Thank YOU. And your hair looks lovely again today. :lol: :lol:

Thanks grandmaj, I knew you were coming so I dippity dooed.. ;)

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
boy it's quiet today...

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Groups of volunteers combed terrain in northern Decatur County on foot. On Sunday, one group of volunteers walking along Tenn. 69 found something near Tri County Concrete Products at 100 Eaton St.

Authorities would not disclose the item or its significance in the search, and volunteers refused to comment.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110425/NEWS25/104250317/Authorities-New-leads-propel-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=nav|head

Okay, now what? MSM has named the business, but only as a reference point. I'm just curious if now it's open for discussion, even though I feel the business itself is likely a dead end.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
boy it's quiet today...

LOL very!

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Did everyone get lost on the way to the new thread...

Capri
04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Only 75 searchers today. It would be nice if LE would put something out there, confirm something, anything, nothing that would jeopardize the case, but something.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Only 75 searchers today. It would be nice if LE would put something out there, confirm something, anything, nothing that would jeopardize the case, but something.

I agree Capri! The towns ppl seem to know alot and if they know things then
there is a certain probablity the perp knows also so what can it hurt?

Every day that passes the trail gets colder and colder JMO

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 11:47 AM
A Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said Monday it is unlikely the item found in the hunt for 20-year-old Holly Bobo will be described publicly unless investigators decide there is reason to do so.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i9TKl809Q8ikd-Z5PU-kmZ10sI0g?docId=54b49f7c1fda413283e94d23abb377ee

Not that we expected anything different by now.

Daisyjane
04-25-2011, 11:47 AM
boy it's quiet today...

I still want that dang radio update they promised us!

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 11:50 AM
A Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said Monday it is unlikely the item found in the hunt for 20-year-old Holly Bobo will be described publicly unless investigators decide there is reason to do so.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i9TKl809Q8ikd-Z5PU-kmZ10sI0g?docId=54b49f7c1fda413283e94d23abb377ee

I wonder if it s a hair tie or a scrunchee!
I think if it was something metal they would be out with metal detectors. JMO

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Okay, the articles aren't being real clear. Do we know of the phone tip led to the discovery? Or was there a promising phone tip and a significant discovery at the same time, but largely unconnected?

And with nearly 300 tips, which LE has referred to as some credible, some not, what made this tip so different, I wonder?

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Okay, the articles aren't being real clear. Do we know of the phone tip led to the discovery? Or was there a promising phone tip and a significant discovery at the same time, but largely unconnected?

And with nearly 300 tips, which LE has referred to as some credible, some not, what made this tip so different, I wonder?

I was under the impression the tip led to the discovery! I think its in last nights thread..

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
They should be getting some pretty heavy rain there now...Prayers for everyone involved in the search..

sarx
04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Ok, what is it with articles changing? There was one that just said "supposedly" what was found yesterday and now it's gone. Can all the great sleuthers start hunting. I swear I'm not losing my mind and I didn't get a screen shot. Ugh.

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
If the items are being planted by the abductor, leading LE to think he escaped via I-40 could be a ruse as well and he may be back in his home, watching as the investigation contemplates moving out of the area...

I can't help feeling that LE is taking their lead from what and where they find items because they have nothing else to go on...

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
a phone tip yesterday led to the discovery and additonal searching last night. I posted a link about it earlier from CBS

sarx
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Ok, so I need to grab some coffee. I found it. It wasn't in the article it's in their twitter feed. It is from a reporter of

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/subindex/video/myfoxbuzz

GCoy1 Greg Coy
Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok, what is it with articles changing? There was one that just said "supposedly" what was found yesterday and now it's gone. Can all the great sleuthers start hunting. I swear I'm not losing my mind and I didn't get a screen shot. Ugh.

If something is posted and you get a screen shot and the screen is revised I dont think you can talk about it anyway.

Eileen730

LOL does that surprise you?
It was a significant find last evening!!!!!

Now it may be nothing

sarx
So someone calls in and says "hey, there's a cell phone laying at 100 Eaton Street" and they don't stay with it? And it just happens to be Holly's?

maskedwoman
04-25-2011, 11:59 AM

That bill isn't law yet. It passed the Senate but has not been voted on by our House of Rep.

As I understand it, the bill that's pending would ban them from being played unless the called agrees to their release.

NCSleuth
04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I hate to question their decision, but I really hope LE has good reasons to be so quiet.

A young girl is missing! I would think any help from the public would be welcomed, but how can anyone help if they don't know anything.

I keep jumping back and forth between
1. LE doesn't know anything so there is nothing to tell
2. LE is just keeping quiet to protect the investigation

I know its hard for LE to divulge info, they are the professionals, but we all need help sometimes. Maybe if they gave more info, it would 'register' with someone and lead to a tip.

also, I hate seeing the family victimized again and again by all the rumors, I feel like LE could clear up a few things and squelch some of the rumors.

Capri
04-25-2011, 12:00 PM

All I ever read. was "something significant." Now the TBI spokeswoman in the above article is saying they are "pretty sure" it belongs to HB, but not sure it will help out. Sounds like some serious backtracking to me. Certainly TBI knows how quick a case can go cold, don't they?

sarx
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
If something is posted and you get a screen shot and the screen is revised I dont think you can talk about it anyway.

Yeah, and I just do it for me. In this case I have way too many screens open and reading so many different articles and tweets I'm getting myself confused. Glad I figured it out, now I'm going to go get something to eat and some coffee and try to calm my brain a bit.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:02 PM
I wonder if it s a hair tie or a scrunchee!
I think if it was something metal they would be out with metal detectors. JMO

I would think there has to be something that ties the "find" to this case.

Was the tip about a piece of something or suspicious behavior?

If it was about a piece of something, what is know publically that would result in a phone tip? A cell phone? College books? Piece of clothing that Holly was wearing? Human remains?

I think a tip on suspicious behavior would need to be specific to warrant a search in the area.

Maybe there are security cameras in the area.

mrsu
04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Ok, so I need to grab some coffee. I found it. It wasn't in the article it's in their twitter feed. It is from a reporter of

GCoy1 Greg Coy
Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities.

I'm pretty sure the LE isn't going to confirm anything with Earle Farrell. Let's not hold our breath.

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I think the mysterious "whatchamacallit" was likely something so highly out of place for where it was found that it warranted immediately releasing teams. To me that means, either:
1.) one of the pieces of clothing that she was wearing.
2.) one of her textbooks that she had that morning
3.) entire backpack
4.) drivers license or other form of photo ID
5.) Cell phone or cell phone cover.
MOO.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I think the mysterious "whatchamacallit" was likely something so highly out of place for where it was found that it warranted immediately releasing teams. To me that means, either:
3.) entire backpack
MOO. ita... bbm... I am starting to wonder if the fox reporter got the phone tip that started the search of that area
confused with the item found...

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Its hard to say what happened yesterday. All we know is that based on a phone tip LE went out and found something and more searching was undertaken.

now the tip could have been specific... like hey look in the dumpster behind XYZ Plumbing over at the corner of 123 street. Or it could be related to a person... like hey this guy was back there behind XYZ. Possibly the tip was to something like crimestoppers or 911 and not initially related to Holly's case but when LE went out they found somethng that thy felt was relevant. Aparently at the time they thought it was important enough to send out some people to search at night.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
ita... bbm... I am starting to wonder if the fox reporter got the phone tip that started the search of that area

The phone tip was reported last night and then again today on CBS.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
3.) entire backpack
MOO.

My thoughts exactly, except for the backpack. I earlier assumed a backpack (the reason items were not dropped at the abduction) but I don't think it was confirmed that she had a backpack.

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 12:13 PM
My thoughts exactly, except for the backpack. I earlier assumed a backpack (the reason items were not dropped at the abduction) but I don't think it was confirmed that she had a backpack.

True, but at this point, it's not confirmed that she had anything but the clothes on her back and her lunchbox.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 12:15 PM
True, but at this point, it's not confirmed that she had anything but the clothes on her back and her lunchbox.

No but you can extrapolate that she did based on LEs request for searchers to look for items a woman would ahve been carrying in a purse or bag the first day or two of searching. Didn't they ask for people to look for an empty bag? This goes back nearly two weeks so I forget.

mrsu
04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Posted in thread #14:

Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
Fox News Channel just had a little live spot with Alisyn Camerota and a reporter in TN. The reporter said that Holly's mother was "grateful and relieved" at the find... The film with the live spot showed dog handlers and seemed to be in another wooded area. SOME of the report may have been recycled from something that aired yesterday? Was a bit longer than the usual sound blip.

I'm having a hard time imagining what the find could be that Holly's mother would be "grateful & relieved"?

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
The phone tip was reported last night and then again today on CBS. LOL.. no I meant the fox reporter that said the item found was a cell phone linked a few pages back..

my point being that maybe he got his info confused (phone tip vs phone being found)

eta: specifically this:

Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities. http://twitter.com/#!/GCoy1

Capri
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM

GCoy1 Greg Coy

How much you wanna bet he'll be waiting a long time to hear from authorities?

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
No but you can extrapolate that she did based on LEs request for searchers to look for items a woman would ahve been carrying in a purse or bag the first day or two of searching. Didn't they ask for people to look for an empty bag? This goes back nearly two weeks so I forget.

I agree, I was just responding to the quoted post. I would assume that it was a backpack, since I don't know very many college students that would want to deal with a purse and a backpack, especially that early in the morning. For me, most everything goes in the backpack, even if it means a little more digging for things when I need them. It's just easier than trying to deal with that many straps for that many different things all at once. Something always either slips or gets caught, and it's hard to keep hiking the purse up to the shoulder with the backpack on. Personal experience there, lol.

NCSleuth
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Is anyone else surprised the volunteers haven't leaked info?

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Posted in thread #14:

Fox News Channel just had a little live spot with Alisyn Camerota and a reporter in TN. The reporter said that Holly's mother was "grateful and relieved" at the find... The film with the live spot showed dog handlers and seemed to be in another wooded area. SOME of the report may have been recycled from something that aired yesterday? Was a bit longer than the usual sound blip.

I'm having a hard time imagining what the find could be that Holly's mother would be "grateful & relieved"?

Possibility #6: Note that Holly managed to get out somehow?

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree, I was just responding to the quoted post. I would assume that it was a backpack, since I don't know very many college students that would want to deal with a purse and a backpack, especially that early in the morning. For me, most everything goes in the backpack, even if it means a little more digging for things when I need them. It's just easier than trying to deal with that many straps for that many different things all at once. Something always either slips or gets caught, and it's hard to keep hiking the purse up to the shoulder with the backpack on. Personal experience there, lol.

And that would explain why items were not dropped at the abduction.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 12:21 PM

No. By and large (aside from the suspect who probably lives around there) they seem to be really pretty upstanding people who are taking this very seriously. They have a good sense of community, strong faith, and a lot of motivation.

cheko1
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm in shock any searchers show up! The info being released is given & then taken away...kind of like just kidding! This isn't a game LE this is Holly Bobo's life....

Since she disapeared nearly 2 wks ago nothing has been released!!!!Except her lunch was found. Also piece of duck tape

Examples: 1. she was dragged into the woods / no she was led into the woods...
2. Brother seen her with boyfriend in camo / no not bf
3. She feared for her life? How did LE determine that? Who seen her face?
4. Looking for someone who changed patterns
5. Found items: lunch bag
6. Found a car warm: They had a call phone / camo clothes & purse .........apparently nothing to do with the case!

I do understand LE has to be careful but this is crazy!

ensht
I think the t-shirt thing--- we need to stop worrying about it. I wanted to shed some light on the costs for those interested. A major wholesaler charges about 2.40 per shirt for a white blank Hanes. A colored shirt is almost $4. Add the cost of printing which is in the $2 range per side...plus shipping too and from the printer....half goes to the cost of production.
I make nothing of any of the comments, I think it's ridiculous people are reading into it. Personally I'd rather just have a paypal link where I could donate 100% but oh well.

Regarding this weekends find....even if it's a significant piece of her belongings if it's been there for 12 days I don't know what help it will really be. Sad but true, unless it has fingerprints on it.

The larger point is if this was where a transfer took place it was likely within the comfort zone of the perp. Back to what they've said all along, it's probably a local.

Has it been determined that anyone is missing from the community? I've not read it anywhere that "everyone" is accounted for which is usually one of the first things you hear. Heck there is more public information on a disappearance in NH over the weekend than there is in this case after 13 days.

Carla Lashelle

I use a little back pack bag all the time. I can keep my wallet, phone, make up bag, ipod etc inside it. You could put a couple books or notebook in there. Its great. I can carry it, wear it over one shoulder, or over both centered on my back. They are super cute and very popular. I got mine at the Guess store I think.

10EC_Dad

Somewhat, but it may show how commited they are to finding Holly. The search is about Holly and not them. They are to be commended for their efforts and "professionalism".

Dr.Fessel
04-25-2011, 12:25 PM
No. By and large (aside from the suspect who probably lives around there) they seem to be really pretty upstanding people who are taking this very seriously. They have a good sense of community, strong faith, and a lot of motivation.

Why? What is the main reason this place seems different then the rest of the country?

ensht
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Possibility #6: Note that Holly managed to get out somehow?

I think we have to remember the duress this poor mother is under and not take her words so literally.

That said, as a parent there's really nothing that would bring me relief other than finding my child one way or the other or some very strong indication that she was alive somewhere.

An article of her belongings from maybe 10+ days ago wouldn't do it for me, but who knows.

kantoo
04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Posted in thread #14:

sounds like it could be something pointing to Holly still being alive

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
IF they don't have a definitive suspect than I have to say... I think the public is about to be tuned out really quickly here with no information being released.

Soul125
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I hope they close in on Holly and who did this soon. They seem to be getting closer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-police-make-significant-find-hunt/story?id=13448569

Mick
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
We had a young mother here abducted she called 99 from her captors cell phone while she was in his cAR... another woman saw here in the car and called 911 with the description and the direction and the street she was following the car and no one came the girl was shot in the head
Now there is a total diff way 911 are handled.
Cant cover up the mistakes made as painfull as they are sometimes they need to be heard!

What is '99', Eileen??

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm in shock any searchers show up! The info being released is given & then taken away...kind of like just kidding! This isn't a game LE this is Holly Bobo's life....

Since she disapeared nearly 2 wks ago nothing has been released!!!!Except her lunch was found. Also piece of duck tape

6. Found a car warm: They had a call phone / camo clothes & purse .........apparently nothing to do with the case!

It is frustrating for us behind a keyboard but the TBI knows more about the case than we do.

What is the upside with making details public?

What is the downside?

Remember, the prosecution of the case is yet to come.

kantoo
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM

bbm

shows you how pure of heart these searchers are...they are trying to remain focused on finding Holly, not media information/misinformation.

GoHard24
04-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I think this gives us a better idea of what happened. There is no way he allowed her to have the cell phone for any period of time. There is no doubt in my mind they traveled from Holly's house to 100 Eaton St. only minutes after the crime happened. The next dot on the map we have is a lunch box north-west of Eaton St.

What took place at Eaton St. is anybody's guess at this point. Did they switch vehicles? Did the enter the woods? Did he dispose of more evidence around there and continue driving? Etc.

I think he knew a cell phone would be traceable but didn't know to what extent. He either had the location picked out as a good place or he intentionally threw the cell phone there before heading north-west in order to have them trace it there. I was a doubter about all of the "staged evidence" talk but something is odd here. I find is suspicious that we now have two pieces of evidence found in open areas. Not a trash dumpster, not water, not buried, not in the woods, not at the scene of the crime but along two roads.

He is either more careless than we thought or things are being placed in certain areas for a specific reason. I think the cell phone is the very first thing he gets rid of and 5 miles away from her home makes sense for traceability reasons. The last thing he probably gets rid of is her lunch box. It serves no purpose to him nor is it a harm. If he has any plans of keeping her alive she can still eat the food. A purse or back pack on the other hand contains identity and tools that could be used as weapons to fight back. I'd be willing to bet a dumpster somewhere between Eaton and the lunch box contains her backpack and purse.

nursebeeme
It is frustrating for us behind a keyboard but the TBI knows more about the case than we do.

What is the downside?

well said Dad! And I totally agree...

not_my_kids
I think we have to remember the duress this poor mother is under and not take her words so literally.

That said, as a parent there's really nothing that would bring me relief other than finding my child one way or the other or some very strong indication that she was alive somewhere.

An article of her belongings from maybe 10+ days ago wouldn't do it for me, but who knows.

LOL. I don't take anyone's words literally. I'm just fitting together puzzle pieces. I think at this point anything that would generate news might be considered a relief. We all saw the writing on the wall that the media and the public were getting bored, so that might be what her mother was referring to. Not the item itself, but the fact that it would get the media fired up.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I would think there has to be something that ties the "find" to this case.

Was the tip about a piece of something or suspicious behavior?

If it was about a piece of something, what is know publically that would result in a phone tip? A cell phone? College books? Piece of clothing that Holly was wearing? Human remains?

I think a tip on suspicious behavior would need to be specific to warrant a search in the area.

Maybe there are security cameras in the area.

I have no idea.... i think if it was suspicious behavior they would not call out the searchers and that goes for the human remains..

Her wallet maybe if she was driving she would need a wallet with her license did she carry a purse? maybe all that stuff was in the lunch tote she had...

I cant imagine the perp tossing the cell on the side of the road i would think he would bury it or toss it into the woods... I cant understand anyone abducting someone and tossing her belongings on the side of the road....like come and get me!
this is why i think the only thing thats Hollys is the lunch tote and that was probably left there by accident JMO OR ON PURPOSE!

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Why? What is the main reason this place seems different then the rest of the country?

Their stong sense of faith, community, family. That does not make this place exclusively unique. This community has it's peers but also it's contrast.

I think the culture of the community is distinguishable if you take a little time to look for it.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM

I don't know I don't live there... But I have seen some cool stuff in my area. We got hit by a string of Hurricanes a few years back and the whole community for miles and miles came together. Even during the storms, when we were in the eye, you could hear neighbors out in other neighbors yards with chain saws taking limbs off rooves etc before the other side of the storm hit. People shared power, water, etc. for weeks afterwards since everything was a mess. It surprised me really. I would not have thought so many whites, blacks, mexicans, cubans, vietnamese, puerto ricans, etc. would have come together like that. But they were all Americans and all pitched in. And a lot here made up boxed lunches and packed trucks with water and food to go farther down in Florida where it was WORSE.

I see Holly's area as being pretty cohesive. Most people probably have the same work ethic. I would guess families have roots there. They all go to the same couple of churches, shop at the same local shops, etc. They watch out for each other. The nature of this crime and the need for help brought them out in numbers. If they are different we should look at why and what made them turn out like this with their amazing show of support. If they are really just like us everywhere else, then we should see what we ned to do to help out more in our own communities.

ensht
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Remember we don't know that it was the item being reported but I REALLY hope it is.
I think this is one of those deals where they need to be silent about it.

Looking at the satellite maps it's almost a totally private trip from where she was taken to the reported location. Someone that knows the area could easily have stayed away from anyone/everyone while traveling through the woods.

Mick
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
LOL very!

I can hear the mice talking quietly among themselves about this, Eileen. There's more going on than meets the eye...:)

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 12:38 PM
On a more optimistic side, maybe the battery went dead and Holly discarded it there herself to leave a clue.

I think this gives us a better idea of what happened. There is no way he allowed her to have the cell phone for any period of time. There is no doubt in my mind they traveled from Holly's house to 100 Eaton St. only minutes after the crime happened. The next dot on the map we have is a lunch box north-west of Eaton St.

What took place at Eaton St. is anybody's guess at this point. Did they switch vehicles? Did the enter the woods? Did he dispose of more evidence around there and continue driving? Etc.

I think he knew a cell phone would be traceable but didn't know to what extent. He either had the location picked out as a good place or he intentionally threw the cell phone there before heading north-west in order to have them trace it there. I was a doubter about all of the "staged evidence" talk but something is odd here. I find is suspicious that we now have two pieces of evidence found in open areas. Not a trash dumpster, not water, not buried, not in the woods, not at the scene of the crime but along two roads.

He is either more careless than we thought or things are being placed in certain areas for a specific reason. I think the cell phone is the very first thing he gets rid of and 5 miles away from her home makes sense for traceability reasons. The last thing he probably gets rid of is her lunch box. It serves no purpose to him nor is it a harm. If he has any plans of keeping her alive she can still eat the food. A purse or back pack on the other hand contains identity and tools that could be used as weapons to fight back. I'd be willing to bet a dumpster somewhere between Eaton and the lunch box contains her backpack and purse.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
ita... bbm... I am starting to wonder if the fox reporter got the phone tip that started the search of that area

IF it is the cell phone what if the tip was called in on that very phone!!!!
they couldnt trace it back to anyone but holly!

mrsu
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Are we no longer able to link to the Bring Holly Home FB page? I was under the impression we could since it was a public page? Seems my post was deleted.

Mick
04-25-2011, 12:46 PM

It's 'country' there...sorta kinda, it seems to me, living in the 'country' myself.

'Country IS the majority of America, or a high percentage of it. Things are different in the 'country'. Different attitudes and group cohesion patterns.

The closest 'new thing' I can compare 'country living' to are 'intentional communities'. We all pretty much stick together out here.

Hope that helps ya, Doc Fessel. :)

maskedwoman
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
All I ever read. was "something significant." Now the TBI spokeswoman in the above article is saying they are "pretty sure" it belongs to HB, but not sure it will help out. Sounds like some serious backtracking to me. Certainly TBI knows how quick a case can go cold, don't they?

I'm certain the TBI is very aware of how loudly the clock is ticking.

And not to pick on you at all, but now that I'm typing, I may as well keep going, lol. I have to shake my head when I read posts indignantly asking why LE haven't done this or that, when we really have no idea whether they have or haven't done a certain thing.

I haven't really ever considered myself to be too trusting, but I must be, because I just assumed all those well-trained, experienced LE know what they are doing. :twocents:

It just bothers me when I see people assuming that LE is not smart enough to do the obvious. Like search the pool, or use dogs, or try a metal detector, etc.

Thanks for your patience with me letting this all out in a reply to you. :)

imamaze
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Are we no longer able to link to the Bring Holly Home FB page? I was under the impression we could since it was a public page? Seems my post was deleted.

mrsu,

It is ok to link to FB but rumors can not be brought over here to discuss. We are trying real hard to keep as much rumor out as possible.

We are checking to see if we can start a FB thread in the parking lot, discussing and will let you all know.

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 12:48 PM

She may just be relieved that anything is being found...instead of people searching and finding nothing. Maybe it gives her a little hope that they have Anything to follow up on?...

10EC_Dad
IF it is the cell phone what if the tip was called in on that very phone!!!!
they couldnt trace it back to anyone but holly!

Are you suggesting the possibility that Holly made the phone call on her phone?

Mountain_Kat
My gut feeling is that Holly knows this man (either from school, or church, or somewhere else). I think she's somehow found a way to gain his trust, so that he doesn't have her bound and tied in the vehicle. I can't see any reason for her abductor to toss items belonging to her out in the open for searchers to find. I believe Holly is the one discarding these items.

Of course, I'm having a very difficult time following this case, so maybe I'm way off base in my gut feelings. Who knows?

I pray this girl is found soon!

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Something "significant" could be a piece of jewelry she was wearing and easily recognized by her mother.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
My gut feeling is that Holly knows this man (either from school, or church, or somewhere else). I think she's somehow found a way to gain his trust, so that he doesn't have her bound and tied in the vehicle. I can't see any reason for her abductor to toss items belonging to her out in the open for searchers to find. I believe Holly is the one discarding these items.

Of course, I'm having a very difficult time following this case, so maybe I'm way off base in my gut feelings. Who knows?

I pray this girl is found soon!

I hope you are correct, but, why would the perp be driving her around in an area where she is known and being searched?

We know of one "item" found that relates to Holly and I understand it could have been thrown from a car.

If this turns out to be her phone, wow, that is otherwise so easily discardable. I would have to assume it would be a "plant". That scenario has many implications.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Are you suggesting the possibility that Holly made the phone call on her phone?

NOOOOO that the guy that took her made the call from her phone!
He would have taken the phone away im sure thats the first thing on the list.

Was just a thought that came ot my mind lol

Soul125
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
They aren't going to disclose what they found obviously. Please let this lead them to her soon.

"Investigators said Monday they have discovered a clue that could lead them to Holly Bobo, the Tennessee nursing student missing since April 13."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/25/us-tennessee-bobo-idUSTRE73O3Y920110425

evelyn24
04-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Finding something that belongs to Holly is significant but it also doesn't mean it'll have any value when it comes to finding her or the perp.
It's not really backtracking.

Mick
04-25-2011, 12:58 PM
That is 'different group cohesion patterns' than in the city, Doc Fessel....we sometimes see things differently in the less densely populated areas, and interact differently than city folks do.

I know this having lived in both, and still going back and forth between the two 'worlds'. More like different universes sometimes, when we compare life and how we live in the country and the city.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Something "significant" could be a piece of jewelry she was wearing and easily recognized by her mother.

Well that is a possibility. For someone to call in a tip on jewlery would indicate that the community is very sensitive to everything out of the norm. That is spectacular.

cheko1
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM

What is the downside?

YES, it is frustrating!

cheko1
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
bbm

shows you how pure of heart these searchers are...they are trying to remain focused on finding Holly, not media information/misinformation.

I sincerely hope & pray that today is the day Holly comes home!

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
NOOOOO that the guy that took her made the call from her phone!
He would have taken the phone away im sure thats the first thing on the list.

Was just a thought that came ot my mind lol

And that would make sense. That would give hope that he is keeping Holly as a prize in a game. LE would have to be careful how they played the game to not tip their hand while trying to find Holly alive.

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Another thought. If he's planting items (which I don't know that I believe, just due to the risk factor) WHY?
To mess with the searchers? Then we would expect to see them in areas that had already been searched.
To keep them from being found? Obviously not, why plant them all over instead of throwing them in a dumpster or lake?
To taunt the family with the idea that she is still alive? Maybe.
To keep the media attention (and his ego) going? Maybe.

I don't really know, I just think that even in the randomness, if that's what's going on here, it isn't truly random...

hollye
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
I updated search locations on the map. Let me know if there is more tha needs to be updated.

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
If Holly is alive, and I pray she is, I think she would take every opportunity available to leave even the smallest clue behind. This kidnapper cannot possibly keep his eyes on her every second. Anything in her pockets or on her body is a potential clue. If she has survived this long, she must have gained some sort of trust with her kidnapper. She is not a baby, she is a 20 year old woman and knows what her limited resources are while being held captive.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 01:15 PM
If Holly is alive, and I pray she is, I think she would take every opportunity available to leave even the smallest clue behind. This kidnapper cannot possibly keep his eyes on her every second. Anything in her pockets or on her body is a potential clue. If she has survived this long, she must have gained some sort of trust with her kidnapper. She is not a baby, she is a 20 year old woman and knows what her limited resources are while being held captive.

Hope you are right, but every day we see these women go missing and they hardly ever have a good outcome. I do not think they let these woman live long enuff to outsmart them! JMO

Unfortunately!

10EC_Dad

Why would he put her in a situation where should could leave clues?

TopTop
I have followed a few cases in the past but many of you are much more experienced.

What are your theories for LE not providing any information at all. I understand not sharing all of the information but virtually none?? Other than the lunchbox we don't really know anything at all. Why did they tell us about the lunchbox?

cheko1
04-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I updated search locations on the map. Let me know if there is more tha needs to be updated.

hollye, Hope you know your map is awesome!!! Thank you!!!!!

DNeecie
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Another thought. If he's planting items (which I don't know that I believe, just due to the risk factor) WHY?
To mess with the searchers? Then we would expect to see them in areas that had already been searched.
To keep them from being found? Obviously not, why plant them all over instead of throwing them in a dumpster or lake?

I don't really know, I just think that even in the randomness, if that's what's going on here, it isn't truly random...

I can't decide if this guy is really dumb or really smart. Someone that is trying to get away with something....Well, I just don't see them leaving anything behind on accident. Planting them maybe, but only if he is trying to throw them completely off of where she really is.

JustyThoughts
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
We recognize that one of the most informative aspects of the whole case for us here at WS is the excellent map created and managed by Hollye. The map has provided good information on locations and key events. Thank you Hollye for your efforts.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 01:18 PM
I have followed a few cases in the past but many of you are much more experienced.

What are your theories for LE not providing any information at all. I understand not sharing all of the information but virtually none?? Other than the lunchbox we don't really know anything at all. Why did they tell us about the lunchbox?

I have no idea, I would think the more information the public has the faster they will find an ans here. BUT thats JMO

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Why would he put her in a situation where should could leave clues?

I don't think he would do that knowingly but, as I stated before, he can't keep his eyes on her every second. He has to be driving a vehicle, moving about and they both have to sleep sometime.

Melanie

IMHO I believe they think the perp is watching very closely. Not sure about internet, but if he access to a tele or a radio (even solar powered out there in the woods). I applaud LE for keeping the clues very close to their vests. I for one, don't want him to know what LE has found or how close they are.

Just my opinion though.

Mel

MILofForensicSpecTBI

I believe they are keeping things quiet because they are not done gathering evidence and do not want to clue the "perp" into how much they know.

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 01:22 PM
"We did find an additional piece of evidence that we may link to Holly, but we're not releasing what it is, of course," said Kristin Helm, spokesperson for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

She said the new clue was found along the roadside in the northern part of rural Decatur County. Searchers focused on that area on Sunday and were expected to return Monday after a morning briefing of the various law agencies involved in the search.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/25/us-tennessee-bobo-idUSTRE73O3Y920110425

evelyn24
04-25-2011, 01:22 PM
The fact they base searches off of tips and things they find along the way, it appears they really don't have much to say that we don't already know.

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 01:23 PM
There is a possibility that LE knows WHO the person is but do no know WHERE he is.

In a small town like that, with a reward of $80,000, anyone who suspects anyone would be on the phone in a hearbeat to the officials with their information.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't decide if this guy is really dumb or really smart. Someone that is trying to get away with something....Well, I just don't see them leaving anything behind on accident. Planting them maybe, but only if he is trying to throw them completely off of where she really is.

WE dont even know if any of this stuff is hers!
WE dont know ANYTHING!
LOL
We have a better chance of finding out what the searchers are having for lunch!

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't think he would do that knowingly but, as I stated before, he can't keep his eyes on her every second. He has to be driving a vehicle, moving about and they both have to sleep sometime.

I agree with both of your comments (eyes, sleep).

I just assumed that he had her secured in a stationary location and not mobile.

Also, if she had possesion of the phone enough to toss it why not call 911 or hit redial before tossing? Again, we would have to assume she was mobile.

If this "find" is her phone, what are your thoughts on how long it has been at the found location?

cheko1
04-25-2011, 01:25 PM

I think LE knows exactly who the perp is.....LE must think Holly is still alive or they'd corner him. They're probably in hopes he leads them to her. If they arrest him he'll lawyer up & Holly will die before they find her or he talks....

I think the perp isn't a stable person & is probably really into drugs. If LE scares him he'd probably kill Holly & himself. They want to keep her safe if at all possible. JMO Only scenario I can come up with!!!

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Since it is said they think this new "item" relates to Holly... that makes me think it is not a personal item that would be easily identified. But what if it was something like an abandoned car? Or a hidden car. Like someone parked it somewhere put a cover on it and left it.

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
There is a possibility that LE knows WHO the person is but do no know WHERE he is.

In a small town like that, with a reward of $80,000, anyone who suspects anyone would be on the phone in a hearbeat to the officials with their information.

Im not so sure a parent would turn in their son! JMO Or the parent dosent want to think their son would do something like this. JMO

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-25-2011, 01:29 PM
I think LE knows exactly who the perp is.....LE must think Holly is still alive or they'd corner him. They're probably in hopes he leads them to her. If they arrest him he'll lawyer up & Holly will die before they find her or he talks....

I think the perp isn't a stable person & is probably really into drugs. If LE scares him he'd probably kill Holly & himself. They want to keep her safe if at all possible. JMO Only scenario I can come up with!!!

Think about the Laci Peterson case.....LE knew exactly who the suspect was, and kept him in their sights, collecting evidence, until Laci's body floated up.
So they may be just trying to gather enough evidence to make sure they can nail this guy, before he lawyers up.

Cubbies2010
04-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Remember we don't know that it was the item being reported but I REALLY hope it is.
I think this is one of those deals where they need to be silent about it.

Looking at the satellite maps it's almost a totally private trip from where she was taken to the reported location. Someone that knows the area could easily have stayed away from anyone/everyone while traveling through the woods.

If it was her phone, what is the travel time on foot or in car or on ATV (although I can't see how he took her that way) to the point where this was found?
Would the timing be right for her phone to have rung for the first time since being grabbed, with her mom or brother or BF trying to call her, trying to find her after realizing she was missing?

Maybe the perp was so jacked on adrenaline, or she was fighting or whatever, and he didn't think about getting rid of her phone right away until it rang, and this is where they were or where he pulled over and tossed it. He may not have taken the time to get rid of it in a more remote area but threw it as far as he could from the vehicle. It's probably private property and maybe he thought no one would ever find it there or think anything of it.
Just another theory, we don't know that it was the phone even...

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Since it is said they think this new "item" relates to Holly... that makes me think it is not a personal item that would be easily identified. But what if it was something like an abandoned car? Or a hidden car. Like someone parked it somewhere put a cover on it and left it.

I thought of that also but then wondered why would they take searchers with them? Also, that would be a very hard item for LE to conceal. Still a possibility though.

TopTop
Also, if she had possesion of the phone enough to toss it why not call 911 or hit redial before tossing? Again, we would have to assume she was mobile.

Her battery is dead....so she may as well drop it?

Carla Lashelle
For $80,000 I'd turn in my great aunt Thelma...

One of the St. Pete cop killer kids recently turned imself in at his parents urging. I think it was his mom that got him to turn himself in.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Her battery is dead....so she may as well drop it?

Very true. But how did she get it back from the perp and get it to that location?

greengreen
04-25-2011, 01:34 PM

Tri County is still in business. Eaton is an abandoned building. NOT the same building but in the same area.

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree with both of your comments (eyes, sleep).

I just assumed that he had her secured in a stationary location and not mobile.

If this "find" is her phone, what are your thoughts on how long it has been at the found location?

I have two theories on that. If he disposed of the phone, he probably threw it out the first time it rang. If she had the phone in her possession it would become useless as soon as the battery went dead. That doesn't take much over a day on my phone. Just guesses on my part based on the premise that she may still be alive and she has developed some sort of trust with her kidnapper.

Money Girl
04-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Just guessing, I think it may be a piece of jewelry, like a ring. (At least, that is what it looked like the group of searchers were looking for in the photo.)

greengreen
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Were either of the Bobo kids involved in the accident in any fashion? I don't mean necessarily driving the other car, but perhaps at the same party..some way that somebody might 'blame' them for the other girls death in the accident?

Just a thought..

No they were not involved.

cheko1
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Think about the Laci Peterson case.....LE knew exactly who the suspect was, and kept him in their sights, collecting evidence, until Laci's body floated up.
So they may be just trying to gather enough evidence to make sure they can nail this guy, before he lawyers up.

I'm quite certain that is the case! I also feel the reason LE is throwing a few tidbits out since yesterday is to make the perp squirm & mess up. They all do eventually!!!

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I have started a FB thread for Holly Bobo support pages. It is in the Members Only Area, The Parking Lot. These discussions must remain in the parking lot and not be brought to the main Holly Bobo thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

greengreen
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
D'Lynn Burton is NOT a family friend.

OldSteve
04-25-2011, 01:41 PM

Sounds correct!

LE was so much more open that case! Seemed like we were all watching Scott along with LE... I think it put added pressure on him that actually helped LE...

Here I hope things are being kept quite to better serve finding Holly alive.

Skully
I personally don't think Holly is leaving clues. I think someone is leading LE to think this is where they should be going or searching. He can't be this sloppy or dumb. I think Holly is in one place, and he left a false trail. But this is what I think this minute anyway. I keep changing my mind as stuff comes to light, LOL

greengreen

There isn't one.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 01:42 PM
I have two theories on that. If he disposed of the phone, he probably threw it out the first time it rang. If she had the phone in her possession it would become useless as soon as the battery went dead. That doesn't take much over a day on my phone. Just guesses on my part based on the premise that she may still be alive and she has developed some sort of trust with her kidnapper.

Those are some good theories. I agree more with the former since I don't think he would give her the phone back.

So, there would be two possible times he/they were in that location.

TopTop
04-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Very true. But how did she get it back from the perp and get it to that location?

The perp never had it. She may have had it all along.

Kids keep their phones on silent (otherwise they get into trouble at school if a teacher hears the phone ring). Most kids I know don't even talk on their phones. All they do is text, text and text some more so it never actually rings. What if he didn't realize she had it?

As far as the location, they could have passed by there on the way to wherever she was taken. Don't forget this evidence has likely been there for the last two weeks.

In any case...all of this is hypothetical since we don't even know if that is what they found.

Soul125
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
WE dont even know if any of this stuff is hers!
WE dont know ANYTHING!
LOL
We have a better chance of finding out what the searchers are having for lunch!

LOL, very true in this case. This one if frustrating for the media and concerned people following it. We have next to nothing to follow along with, but I sure hope LE has much more than we do. Let this be the day she is found.

WestCoastLady
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
GreenGreen, are you a local? Do you know the Bobo family?

If so, please contact Tricia and be verified as a local.....

(Don't know if anyone has already suggested this -- have been trying to catch up!)

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 01:46 PM

ITA.... and my mind keeps going back to the reporter's question at the press conference asking if anyone had been detained... (they didn't say no... they said no comment)

they could very well have questioned the perp several times while they connect evidence...

wfgodot
04-25-2011, 01:46 PM

(Don't know if anyone has already suggested this -- have been trying to catch up!)

GG is verified and did a great job last night answering many questions.

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
I agree with those stating that they are probably just trying to smoke the perp out. I don't think they have a clue as to where actually search.

MILofForensicSpecTBI

I had heard that also green green thanks for clarifying

Jo in Calif

Green green is local, been verified and is doing an excellent job keeping the rumors down, thanks greengreen.

YellowDog
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
You know after almost two weeks, if this is a local, someone has to be wondering "where is so and so. I haven't seen him in ages." But, if he has her secured some place, he could be going about his daily routine. I don't even want to think about the third possibility.

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Green Green it looks like that tornado is coming that way...

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Kids keep their phones on silent (otherwise they get into trouble at school if a teacher hears the phone ring). Most kids I know don't even talk on their phones. All they do is text, text and text some more so it never actually rings. What if he didn't realize she had it?

As far as the location, they could have passed by there on the way to wherever she was taken. Don't forget this evidence has likely been there for the last two weeks.

In any case...all of this is hypothetical since we don't even know if that is what they found.

Just thinking through that scenario, why would he let her keep it? Why didn't she use it? When was if left at the found location?

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Green Green it looks like that tornado is coming that way...

http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/?watchLive=wreg-live-stream

stay safe you guys!!

wreg is streaming live the weather

greengreen
04-25-2011, 01:51 PM

Searchers continue to show up to look for items that may be of help. We understand that the officers are trying to find her as well and that info cannot always be released. It's not about being nosey.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Im not sure the found item was a phone... thats the rumor every time they find something. If all the phones allegedly found were hers she would have had 50.

SweetSkit
04-25-2011, 01:52 PM
http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/?watchLive=wreg-live-stream

stay safe you guys!!

wreg is streaming live the weather

Its on every channel here...Im in the basement!

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Can anyone tell me what the sleuthing rule is on Websleuths?

I'll explain. You can do anything you want in your private sleuthing. But don't bring it here. We don't accuse or point the finger at anyone without something printed in mainstream media giving us sourced information.

If a person has not been named a suspect, is not a registered SO, and has not been named a POI you can't bring private information about them to the forum. You can talk about what they say publicly, mainstream media reports, interviews or their actions as reported in MSM but you cannot just sleuth everyone within a hundred mile radius of the crime and bring personal information to the forum. This is ever evolving believe me. In the coming days information will be coming out.... and then, who we are sleuthing evolves into a more open policy. :)

Now once someone is named a POI, or a suspect that rule changes and the doors open wider. As this case progresses and people start speaking out, you can discuss that.

Once again I have to ask you if you see a post that doesn't meet our rules, don't confront the poster, not engage the poster in discussion. Use your alert button and let a moderator handle it.

Now this is different than theorizing in which you state that you feel that the perp could be in certain categories. You don't name them or identify them however of give any personal information about these people if it is theory only.

"Example" I believe it literally could be anyone in the neighborhood. A hunter, a neighbor, a schoolmate........

Wrong......... I think it is the next door neighbor who lives at *** Street because he looks creepy.

scorekeeper
04-25-2011, 01:53 PM

GG was verified in the previous thread.

norest4thewicked
04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Does anyone have any word about a PC and the time? I've been busy on other projects and can't seem to find it.

maskedwoman
04-25-2011, 01:54 PM

I have been wondering that myself and agree with your reasoning. Just thinking logically, I don't quite get the idea behind planting items either.
Regardless of whether the goal is just to do something awful and then discard her, or keep her as some sort of prize, I think the goal is to get away fast and clean, so as not be caught.

By giving up the advantage of having apparently gotten away fairly clean, ad double back to plant false clues, the perp risks being seen by someone and completely losing the advantage. Just my thoughts, anyway. :)

curiousc
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
You know after almost two weeks, if this is a local, someone has to be wondering "where is so and so. I haven't seen him in ages." But, if he has her secured some place, he could be going about his daily routine. I don't even want to think about the third possibility.

We really don't know what LE knows but I think they have POI's who have been questioned. Perhaps one of the POI's has lawyered up...we have no idea. We just don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Perhaps the perp is a loner and no one would know that he's been acting strange etc. Perhaps the perp is being protected by his parents if he is young.

We hear about the searches but the whole town is mum about possible POI's. Holly's parents have not come into the media to make a plea...which leads me to think they know who is responsible.

In my opinion, I think they have some POI's and I think they are being watched. I think they may even have an idea of where they work, their schedule, some daily activities, etc. which may be why the searches go in certain directions.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Does anyone have any word about a PC and the time? I've been busy on other projects and can't seem to find it.
not sure if that reporter had his ducks in a row... I haven't heard it anywhere else...

I also tweeted at him asking what time this morning and he never answered...

another nosey mom
04-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Absolutely, if it is anything like the small town area I grew up in, everyone seems to think they know everyone else's business or is either related to them in some way. There must be a million rumours floating around and must be very hard for all to keep on track with so few facts being shared with the public...however we must hope that there is good reason for how they are sharing the news. (or lack of)

scorekeeper
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts after working with Holly's mother on the design and wording.

"When Holly comes home, [Holly's mother] wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So, grandmaj, with new information given by GG, does that still mean we cannot discuss the t-shirt issues.....:banghead::banghead:

Thanks, score

Money Girl
04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I had heard that also green green thanks for clarifying

If she is a neighbor and worked with Mrs. Bobo on the shirt design, she probably considers herself a close friend by now!

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I have been wondering that myself and agree with your reasoning. Just thinking logically, I don't quite get the idea behind planting items either.
Regardless of whether the goal is just to do something awful and then discard her, or keep her as some sort of prize, I think the goal is to get away fast and clean, so as not be caught.

By giving up the advantage of having apparently gotten away fairly clean, ad double back to plant false clues, the perp risks being seen by someone and completely losing the advantage. Just my thoughts, anyway. :)

It is hard to believe the perp could be so messy yet be able to hide Holly.

The most likely scenario, to me, is he is playing a game. By this, I am assuming the item was found in the open or was tipped by the perp.

norest4thewicked
04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks Nurse Beeme! I'm just glad I didn't miss it if there ends up being one. :)

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Absolutely, if it is anything like the small town area I grew up in, everyone seems to think they know everyone else's business or is either related to them in some way. There must be a million rumours floating around and must be very hard for all to keep on track with so few facts being shared with the public...however we must hope that there is good reason for how they are sharing the news. (or lack of)

Combine this and the possible planting of clues and you get a scary picture of the perp but one that may have Holly alive.

TopTop
04-25-2011, 02:06 PM

What if this guy is just totally nuts? Maybe it's all a game to him and he doesn't care of he gets caught at the end? Maybe he just wants all the drama? I guess I watch too many movies.

Mick
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM

Like someone suggested, the perp may be thinking they're on their 'honeymoon' and Holly is playing along with it to a certain extent.

Nikolai
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM

Makes sense, I keep my phone on vibrate much of the time instead of the ringer. I read one report that the item was found somewhere roadside. If thats true and it were a cell phone and Holly tossed it then IMO it has likely been there for days, possibly many days. Even if the loser who kidnapped her got rid of it it could have been there for awhile now.

Its a shame this much time has passed now since the abduction. Really when I think about it Im sort of surprised the kidnapper and Holly werent found the same day of the abduction. They walked into the woods together. I havent seen how long it took her brother before he called 911. Initially we heard she was dragged into the woods, which would make you think the 911 call was almost immediate, then it became she was led into the woods and her brother called 911 after seeing blood outside.

Does anyone know if her brother has taken a polygraph?

Mick
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
What if this guy is just totally nuts? Maybe it's all a game to him and he doesn't care of he gets caught at the end? Maybe he just wants all the drama? I guess I watch too many movies.

What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
If it was her phone, what is the travel time on foot or in car or on ATV (although I can't see how he took her that way) to the point where this was found?
Would the timing be right for her phone to have rung for the first time since being grabbed, with her mom or brother or BF trying to call her, trying to find her after realizing she was missing?

Maybe the perp was so jacked on adrenaline, or she was fighting or whatever, and he didn't think about getting rid of her phone right away until it rang, and this is where they were or where he pulled over and tossed it. He may not have taken the time to get rid of it in a more remote area but threw it as far as he could from the vehicle. It's probably private property and maybe he thought no one would ever find it there or think anything of it.
Just another theory, we don't know that it was the phone even...

He would have been seen at the time of day by people at the business. So imo, it wasn't the first thing thrown out.

Kamille
04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I've been trying to follow this case and I just wanted to add that if someone was driving on Hwy 69 and threw a cell phone out the window in the area of Eaton St, with some force, the cell phone would likely break apart as it hit the ground and might have ended up as far in as to be considered found "in the vicinity" of 100 Eaton St. It would probably have been rendered unoperable at that time and LE would not have been able to try to ping it. Not sure what type of phone she had but or whether it was on but there are ways for LE to get the phone turned on remotely and ping it. Obviously this was not a possibility from the time they started the search for Holly.

It also seems to me that the phone tip was called in hours before anything was found in that location so the phone tip could have been about suspicious behaviour that someone had seen. Perhaps someone noticed someone else throwing something from a vehicle that day?

MOO

LadyD'enah
04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Can someone please post the approximate number of hours until the scheduled presser? I'm getting confused with the timezone differences between here and there.

Thanks in advance!

ETA - Just saw Nurses answer above. Thanks :)

norest4thewicked
04-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Makes sense, I keep my phone on vibrate much of the time instead of the ringer. I read one report that the item was found somewhere roadside. If thats true and it were a cell phone and Holly tossed it then IMO it has likely been there for days, possibly many days. Even if the loser who kidnapped her got rid of it it could have been there for awhile now.

Its a shame this much time has passed now since the abduction. Really when I think about it Im sort of surprised the kidnapper and Holly werent found the same day of the abduction. They walked into the woods together. I havent seen how long it took her brother before he called 911. Initially we heard she was dragged into the woods, which would make you think the 911 call was almost immediate, then it became she was led into the woods and her brother called 911 after seeing blood outside.

Does anyone know if her brother has taken a polygraph?

The ONLY things that we know for sure about the case is that they found Holly's lunch bag and that piece of tape with a blonde hair. But that hasn't been released that it was Holly's hair. Oh yeah, and the blood. They haven't released if that was Holly's either. Also, it hasn't been released if anyone has taken polygraphs, but I would be very surprised if they haven't given them to all close to Holly.

liltexans
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
See post 787 in scanner thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6389259&posted=1#post6389259

greengreen
04-25-2011, 02:15 PM

I was verified as a local last night. By Kimster

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Weren't they getting ready to not have searches after yesterday? If it was a cell phone, or anything else for that matter... would that be enough to renew the searches? If it was just laying there, I'm not sure if provides much of a meaning that she is in the area...

Not saying they shouldn't search, just saying that this whole case seems odd.

maskedwoman
04-25-2011, 02:19 PM
It is hard to believe the perp could be so messy yet be able to hide Holly.

The most likely scenario, to me, is he is playing a game. By this, I am assuming the item was found in the open or was tipped by the perp.

See, I don't find it so surprising that they haven't been found yet. I've driven a golf cart all around our little 40 acres of woods, looking for 8 full-size horses, and sometimes have real trouble finding them in the trees. And they aren't even hiding from me. At least I don't think they are, lol.

Now imagine someone in hundreds or thousands of wooded acres and highly motivated to hide. Able to reason and plan. Move around. And the news telling you where they have searched today.

I can imagine this guy snatching a phone away and tossing it, or throwing the lunch bag out of the car. But whether he is dragging her unwillingly along or knocked her out and is carrying her, I think he's going to be way too busy getting away to drop false clues. Just my opinion. :)

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 02:19 PM

Actually I tend to disagree. But maybe "nuts" needs to be defined. This took thought, planning, some effort and finesse. So that implies a level of clarity and sanity.

I could be considered nuts. I have diagnosed bipolar disorder, and other psych issues. I can hallucenate: see and hear stuff, voices etc. I can act whack and totally out of my own control, etc. When Im wigged out I could not plan or carry out ANYTHING like this for sure. Ive known pople who I consider nuts. You know them when you see them... I dont think this guy was nuts. You can call him evil, wrong, bad, whatever, but I think he is fairly sane.

Salvador Dali said the only difference between himself and a madman was that he was not mad!

Mick
04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
GreenGreen, do you know if there's any CatHouses in the area where women may be being held captive or being made to work against their will?

I heard someone talking about an adult bookstore in the area, and those bring up all kinds of deviant behavior....So I'm wondering about Cathouses too.

norest4thewicked
04-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Just heard on local TV that searchers are being called in because of weather...

TopTop
04-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Agreed. What I meant was so crazy as to not even be capable of thoughts such as 'I don't want to get caught' or someone who actually wants to be caught. Someone who not only kidnaps a young woman from her home but who enjoys playing games with LE.

In many cases we have seen the kidnapper be 'sane' enough to go back to functioning quite well in society until he is caught. What if this is one big game for this guy?

Just random thoughts.

I do agree anyone who kills anyone is crazy. That is why I never understood the whole not guilty by reason of insanity thing. Uhhh...any non-accidental killer is insane in my eyes.

Cubbies2010
04-25-2011, 02:23 PM
He would have been seen at the time of day by people at the business. So imo, it wasn't the first thing thrown out.

If being seen at that time of day was a risk, then he probably didn't go through the property on ATV or on foot or have a vehicle parked there.

It suggests it was either a plant or disposed of later. If so, then why that location? The only thing that makes sense is that it was to mislead LE. That may also be a part of why TBI said it may not be of any help in the search.

Mick
04-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Actually I tend to disagree. But maybe "nuts" needs to be defined. This took thought, planning, some effort and finesse. So that implies a level of clarity and sanity.

I could be considered nuts. I have diagnosed bipolar disorder, and other psych issues. I can hallucenate: see and hear stuff, voices etc. I can act whack and totally out of my own control, etc. When Im wigged out I could not plan or carry out ANYTHING like this for sure. Ive known pople who I consider nuts. You know them when you see them... I dont think this guy was nuts. You can call him evil, wrong, bad, whatever, but I think he is fairly sane.

Salvador Dali said the only difference between himself and a madman was that he was not mad!

Yeah, well Carla, you've told me some of what you deal with, and why, so I understand.......and I didn't mean to smack down on the other poster, but to me anyone who'd abduct someone, or do something to or with another person against their will is in an aberrant mental state. There's all kinds of spectrum's of being mentally unbalanced. Peace and love to everyone here.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 02:26 PM
GreenGreen, do you know if there's any CatHouses in the area where women may be being held captive or being made to work against their will?

I heard someone talking about an adult bookstore in the area, and those bring up all kinds of deviant behavior....So I'm wondering about Cathouses too.

Not that I am aware of. The bookstore is 20 miles away or so.

Carla Lashelle
04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, well Carla, you've told me some of what you deal with, and why, so I understand.......and I didn't mean to smack down on the other poster, but to me anyone who'd abduct someone, or do something to or with another person against their will is in an aberrant mental state. There's all kinds of spectrum's of being mentally unbalanced. Peace and love to everyone here.

Its all good from my point here! :crazy:

Mick
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Agreed. What I meant was so crazy as to not even be capable of thoughts such as 'I don't want to get caught' or someone who actually wants to be caught. Someone who not only kidnaps a young woman from her home but who enjoys playing games with LE.

In many cases we have seen the kidnapper be 'sane' enough to go back to functioning quite well in society until he is caught. What if this is one big game for this guy?

Just random thoughts.

I do agree anyone who kills anyone is crazy. That is why I never understood the whole not guilty by reason of insanity thing. Uhhh...any non-accidental killer is insane in my eyes.

Yep, TopTop, we're on the same page....

I've read that a large percentage of criminals 'want' to be caught. Something about wanting to purge the guilt of their conscious.

As to 'anyone who kills' is crazy....it's a strange twist in our society that when we're in the military we can kill and be called hero's, but do it regular life and we're 'crazy' and a 'criminal'. Speaking from experience killing in war does make one 'crazy' to some extent. Some handle it better than others.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
If being seen at that time of day was a risk, then he probably didn't go through the property on ATV or on foot or have a vehicle parked there.

It suggests it was either a plant or disposed of later. If so, then why that location? The only thing that makes sense is that it was to mislead LE. That may also be a part of why TBI said it may not be of any help in the search.

There is no way they could have been there and not been seen. As far as why that location. Why any location it has been so far? I know everyone thinks the case is odd. You should try living here and watching it happen all around you. It's crazy.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
See, I don't find it so surprising that they haven't been found yet. I've driven a golf cart all around our little 40 acres of woods, looking for 8 full-size horses, and sometimes have real trouble finding them in the trees. And they aren't even hiding from me. At least I don't think they are, lol.

Now imagine someone in hundreds or thousands of wooded acres and highly motivated to hide. Able to reason and plan. Move around. And the news telling you where they have searched today.

I can imagine this guy snatching a phone away and tossing it, or throwing the lunch bag out of the car. But whether he is dragging her unwillingly along or knocked her out and is carrying her, I think he's going to be way too busy getting away to drop false clues. Just my opinion. :)

Well, I would not have thought of looking in trees to find horses either. How did they get up there? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I grew up in Tennessee woods very similiar to these. As a kid and teen, I thought I could get lost in them for weeks. But if a thousand people had been looking for days, it would be hard to hide two people, one being unable or unwilling to move rapidly. These are not the Smokey Mountains we are dealing with. Just relatively small patches of wooded areas.

If he has been busy getting away, he is far away and someone will tip that. But if this is a game to him, it would be a thrill to stay "amongst" the people and drop clues and "watch" the game being played. Now, we are far from this scenario being anything but a figment of my imagination.

Mick
04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Not that I am aware of. The bookstore is 20 miles away or so.

Maybe they'd know where the cathouses are? Ya'll have any water boards back there? J/K on the waterboards....not about them knowing.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2011/04/developing-new-mystery-clue-discovered.html?spref=tw

Levi has a new blog post up...

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2011/04/developing-new-mystery-clue-discovered.html?spref=tw

Levi has a new blog post up...

Unfortunately nothing really new :(

maskedwoman
04-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Well, I would not have thought of looking in trees to find horses either. How did they get up there? Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I grew up in Tennessee woods very similiar to these. As a kid and teen, I thought I could get lost in them for weeks. But if a thousand people had been looking for days, it would be hard to hide two people, one being unable or unwilling to move rapidly. These are not the Smokey Mountains we are dealing with. Just relatively small patches of wooded areas.

If he has been busy getting away, he is far away and someone will tip that. But if this is a game to him, it would be a thrill to stay "amongst" the people and drop clues and "watch" the game being played. Now, we are far from this scenario being anything but a figment of my imagination.

LOL, a new series coming this fall. Horses In Trees.... :D

Cubbies2010
04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
There is no way they could have been there and not been seen. As far as why that location. Why any location it has been so far? I know everyone thinks the case is odd. You should try living here and watching it happen all around you. It's crazy.

I can only imagine.

I am only thinking out loud, wasn't actually expecting anyone to know why 'that location'. Only the perp or maybe Holly knows, and maybe not even them if it was something dropped or somehow flew out of the vehicle.

Thanks for clarifying the location would have had people around at the time of morning when she was taken. I was confused as to whether it was an abandoned area or not. Maybe, if they release a tiny bit more specific info or ask more detailed questions about the location, someone will remember seeing something or someone there.

10EC_Dad
04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Maybe they'd know where the cathouses are? Ya'll have any water boards back there? J/K on the waterboards....not about them knowing.

Mick, you see these "adult bookstores" along the interstate every hundred miles or so. TN has done a good job recently of policing prostitution. Sex trafficking does happen in TN but I have not heard of it in these "local" establishments.

I see this crime to be more local than for national or international reasons.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4661350/frustration-mounts-in-search-for-holly-bobo

video... frustration mounts in holly bobo case

10 minute video

MsFacetious
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
LIVE video from Tennessee... these two are currently streaming, talking about the weather right now of course.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/ (Just comes up on the homepage when there is live video, this is a FOX thing.)

http://www.wreg.com/news/livestreaming/

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 02:53 PM
It must be me, but I am at a loss about all the excitement by LE if they are finding bits and pieces of her possessions around the area, but no sign of Holly, after nearly two weeks. All the items really say is that at some point the abductor, with or without Holly, passed by an area. I'm not seeing how it leads to her location now.

CAR2DRIVE2009
04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
greengreen,

Do the locals think that LE has a pretty good idea who did this?

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
It must be me, but I am at a loss about all the excitement by LE if they are finding bits and pieces of her possessions around the area, but no sign of Holly, after nearly two weeks. All the items really say is that at some point the abductor, with or without Holly, passed by an area. I'm not seeing how it leads to her location now.

Agree- if all they have is these little tidbits than unfortunately they may be far off. If that video is right, then frustration is building.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-25-2011, 02:57 PM

They may be excited because every bit of evidence they find brings them closer to catching the guy that did it. Keep in mind hat this is not only a search for Holly, but also a search for the suspect.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 03:00 PM
They may be excited because every bit of evidence they find brings them closer to catching the guy that did it. Keep in mind hat this is not only a search for Holly, but also a search for the suspect.

ITA... they would have never found that family from Ohio inside of the hollow tree (nor rescued the young daughter) if they hadn't linked the suspect first...

I am praying with all I got that there are some nice fibers and prints and hairs from the perp all over the items they are finding

Skully
04-25-2011, 03:02 PM

I am assuming that if the perp is dropping things for LE to find, he is not leaving prints???? If Holly dropped them, only her prints would be on them, unless the perp is careful not to leave his own prints!

Won'tforgetusername
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
My mom was on the search party this morning. It got called off because of the weather.

A couple of things that I don't think have been discussed. There are many people who have vacation places in this area. The search today was near Woodlawn Shores. Lots of people from Memphis/Jackson have cabins there. My brother in law from Jackson has 100 acres of hunting land
just north of parsons. My parents live in Memphis and have a place on te beech river. My point is, it is a little town, but lots
of folks travel through.

Also, something weird. They were searching on the west side of hwy 69. That would have been thrown put the passenger side going into town

Skully
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Do LE think they are in a car? If so, are they driving around this area? If he does have a car, and they have some idea of who he is, would they have a lead or description of a car he could be driving? We are not hearing any description of a BOLO for him or a car or truck at this point. I am just wondering if he has Holly with him, she would have to be restrained to keep her in the car in some way or gun point to keep her in the car and not try to escape. You can put a person in a trunk but it is tricky at best.

nursebeeme
04-25-2011, 03:07 PM
welcome to weblseuths won'tforgetusername

I must say... I LOVE your username!

Won'tforgetusername
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome, they had less than 70 people searching today

redfish
My mom was on the search party this morning. It got called off because of the weather.

A couple of things that I don't think have been discussed. There are many people who have vacation places in this area. The search today was near Woodlawn Shores. Lots of people from Memphis/Jackson have cabins there. My brother in law from Jackson has 100 acres of hunting land
just north of parsons. My parents live in Memphis and have a place on te beech river. My point is, it is a little town, but lots
of folks travel through.

Also, something weird. They were searching on the west side of hwy 69. That would have been thrown put the passenger side going into town

Above BBM. OR.... thrown from drivers side going out of town. I think I am going to have to work on my theory (perp profile) this does look a local. Someone who is limiting his travels to very local. hummmmmm does suggest someone in plain sight.

cluciano63

of folks travel through.

Or from the driver's side, going away from town?

ensht
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
If it was the phone remember it's probably fried from the rain. They'd need to have the forensic folks carefully extract the data which I'm betting will take a day or two.

That explains why they'd say "may help" or "may" be hers. It may look like and be the same model but until the forensic people pull the back off/battery they won't see the identifying information/ID # to confirm.

The thing that sticks out about the location the item was found is that it doesn't fit with any specific course when viewed with the lunch bag. There's no clear directionality.

Skully
04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome, they had less than 70 people searching today

We just had a huge Holiday and people have to go back to work. I would bet most people can't stay off work to do this, especially if they are not on a paid leave...

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
I would think if Holly was alive after all this time and all the ppl searching this guy would give himself up...and go for a lesser sentence at least it wouldnt be murder. He has no where to go but down but its his choice how far down hes willing to go.

I dont think we know where this substancial piece of evidence was found sure we know where they were searching but was it found there?
Could someone walking down that road have seen it and called LE...
I dont know and i think our imaginations are working overtime LOL

MagnoliaMom
04-25-2011, 03:15 PM

of folks travel through.

Or from either side of an ATV riding on the west side of the road in either direction.

Rallihanna
04-25-2011, 03:15 PM
If it was the phone remember it's probably fried from the rain. They'd need to have the forensic folks carefully extract the data which I'm betting will take a day or two.

That explains why they'd say "may help" or "may" be hers. It may look like and be the same model but until the forensic people pull the back off/battery they won't see the identifying information/ID # to confirm.

The thing that sticks out about the location the item was found is that it doesn't fit with any specific course when viewed with the lunch bag. There's no clear directionality.

Agree- just like someone randomly threw out evidence.

Skully
04-25-2011, 03:17 PM

That is why I think he is leaving stuff to throw LE off. He may have her held up in a cabin, a vacate one, maybe not even his. He could be out there searching with everyone and leaving stuff, and going back with her at night. you never know.

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I wonder if anyone was released from prison back into the area in recent months or the past year. Sometimes probation officers have some ideas about who might commit certain crimes. A man who murdered (at least) two young women out west some years back was originally pinpointed by his parole officer as a possible suspect.

hollye
04-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Can someone local direct me to the location of the Eaton plant, so I can add it to the map?

I added Woodlawn Shores as a search area for today.

Won'tforgetusername
04-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I was
reading your posts last night and this morning and I have forgotten some of what I was going to say, but somewhere someone mentioned that they didn't think that there would be much tree trimming in April.... That is insignificant in those parts. I imagine that they do a lot of things like clearing lots for new construction, cutting
trees that have fallen in all of these storms we have had,
Etc.
It isn't like tree trimming/landscaping like you would do in the suburbs

Mick
04-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Yes, he has to know he'll be caught sooner or later, either consciously or subconsciously. The thrill grows from knowing he'll be caught and punished, and the punishment is going to hurt. Like the run up to a good spanking.

Freud on it (http://culturesocietypraxis.org/index.php/csp/article/viewFile/100/66)

Eileen730
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Can someone local direct me to the location of the Eaton plant, so I can add it to the map?

look at all those trees!!!!
The dirt road right next to the road goes right into those trees.
A needle in a haystack!

cheko1
Combine this and the possible planting of clues and you get a scary picture of the perp but one that may have Holly alive.

Do you think the perp is someone who feels he can & will get away with anything? Such as LE can't touch me I have connections?

Shollenberger
Hey folks, new member here. Software architect by trade, amateur sleuth by hobby :)

I have read every post in all threads. Here are my thoughts and my theory FWIW.

Rambling thoughts:
- The perp had this well planned out far in advance. Infatuated male 35+
- The perp used the ruse of a hunter many times to scope out the residence
- The perp threatened HB with gun/knife at point of abduction
- The perp transported HB from ATV to auto to current location
- The perp is taunting LE with placement of clues in random locations
- HB scream occurred closer to neighbors than her own.
- Family has no involvement in this crime
- I believe perp thought HB was home alone.

Still struggling with:
- Blood at the scene. How, who, and why?
- How was ATV transitioned to automobile? Pickup with cover?

I believe this was very well planned by a methodical individual that will not easily be caught.

I feel that HB is alive and the perp wants her to be his long-term sexual possession.

Mick
I would think if Holly was alive after all this time and all the ppl searching this guy would give himself up...and go for a lesser sentence at least it wouldnt be murder. He has no where to go but down but its his choice how far down hes willing to go.

I dont think we know where this substancial piece of evidence was found sure we know where they were searching but was it found there?
Could someone walking down that road have seen it and called LE...
I dont know and i think our imaginations are working overtime LOL

How interested in 'giving himself up' would he be if he knew he was facing a murder 1 rap?? Which I SINCERELY hope is NOT the case.

Wondergirl

Hollye, I am just trying to get caught up today, and I do not know if it has been confirmed that the "substantial" finding was indeed found at the Eaton Plant. I posted a Map last night, which indicates Holly's House and 100 Eaton St. (the Eaton Plant), as I wondered if the perp could navigate through the Bush via ATV or Foot, but Greengreen said that it had not been said where the Substantial finding was found.

Anyway, here is the Map, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=from:+681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn+to:+100+Ea ton+St,+Parsons,+tn&ie=UTF8&t=h&saddr=681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+tn&daddr=100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+tn&geocode=FehrIAIdfYy--ilD_F71fGJ8iDFmPvQueqLSHA%3BFYt-IAIdM2y_-iklZOrB4oh8iDGT1BYQOSL-pQ&ll=35.674938,-88.145628&spn=0.017361,0.035963&z=14

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14