PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

Anadarko
04-25-2011, 09:26 PM
RE ESN#

I have an iphone, and can't get to the battery. How do you find an ESN# on that phone? Just curious.

TIA

hollye
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I've seen it reported that there are currently 3 command posts set up for searches. Does anyone know where these command posts are located, so that I can add them to the map?

hollye
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
RE ESN#

I have an iphone, and can't get to the battery. How do you find an ESN# on that phone? Just curious.

TIA

It can be found on the About screen, if the device is on.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 09:31 PM
I've seen it reported that there are currently 3 command posts set up for searches. Does anyone know where these command posts are located, so that I can add them to the map?

You have the fairgrounds marked.
The first one was Bear Creek Baptist Church.
I believe there was one at Bible Hill Baptist Church as well.
There was also one at Yellow Springs Baptist Church. I think it was Baptist. It may be a Methodist church. One of the 2 for sure.
And one at Natchez Trace State Park. I don't know which 3 it is talking about??? But I had also heard the number 3.

With that being said you always had to sign in at the Fairgrounds first before going to any other place. (It was only at Bear Creek a couple of days)

wfgodot
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Yellow Springs is a Methodist church.

http://decaturcountytennessee.org/index.php/Community-Info/church-directory.html

greengreen
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Yellow Springs is a Methodist church.

http://decaturcountytennessee.org/index.php/Community-Info/church-directory.html

Thanks! Couldn't remember.

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Did anyone have a quote that indicated that Holly was likely to be alive, from whatever was most recently found? I had not seen anything like that, only that her family was relieved that the item was found, and that LE felt it might lead to a breakthrough.

I gathered that they were glad something new was found partly because the search was starting to be in the winding down stage and it gave it new life, and also because it could lead to more clues, but I have read a lot of posts that thought it indicated she was alive and wondered if I missed a video, thanks.

Woe.be.gone
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
This may have been posted on the previous thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/25/tennessee.missing.woman/

Nothing new that hasn't been talked about here today.

Emma Peel
04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
This may have been posted on the previous thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/25/tennessee.missing.woman/

Nothing new that hasn't been talked about here today.

oh dear. no video on that ... like clu, I was trying to find a link with video...

Wondergirl
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Is it possible that the "significant item" found, and that gave hope to the searchers and family, is an actual note or signal from Holly herself?

BrookeBCNN (http://twitter.com/#!/BrookeBCNN) Brooke Baldwin

TBI Director just told me this "significant" piece of evidence found over the weekend could be a "game changer." #HollyBobo (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23HollyBobo)

http://twitter.com/#!/BrookeBCNN

5150_bound
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
While i'm not one to think abductors leave a trail of the victims items to be found-
i cant help but think of Morgan Harrington when the killer placed her shirt in the opposite area of where the searchers were- to throw everyone off track.

that said, i'm still inclined to think these items fell accidently during transport. especially if the sicko was using an ATV

greengreen
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Is it possible that the "significant item" found, and that gave hope to the searchers and family, is an actual note or signal from Holly herself?

I'm certainly hoping it was something that contained a note or message of some type!

cfreyja23
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Did anyone have a quote that indicated that Holly was likely to be alive, from whatever was most recently found? I had not seen anything like that, only that her family was relieved that the item was found, and that LE felt it might lead to a breakthrough.

I gathered that they were glad something new was found partly because the search was starting to be in the winding down stage and it gave it new life, and also because it could lead to more clues, but I have read a lot of posts that thought it indicated she was alive and wondered if I missed a video, thanks.

For my part, I didn't mean to imply that the article indicated she might be alive. Rather, I meant that I can't imagine finding certain items would make the family "hopeful." Pieces of her clothing, for example, would likely not be considered a "gamechanger," (in other words, something that would make them hopeful she'd be found.) An empty wallet, articles of clothing, shoes, pieces of hair, all these probably would not make the family or LE "hopeful," they'd merely be additional pieces of evidence. JMO

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm certainly hoping it was something that contained a note or message of some type!

I just remember them having seachers peering so close to the ground...they were looking for something very small. I'd be very surprised if it was something FROM Holly, rather than of Holly.

Also, from what others have said about the CNN interview, the reporter said "game changer" and the LE rep sort of agreed. It was not his phrase, FWIW.

CHARLISA
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
There was also one at Yellow Springs Baptist Church. I think it was Baptist. It may be a Methodist church. One of the 2 for sure.
And one at Natchez Trace State Park. I don't know which 3 it is talking about??? But I had also heard the number 3.

With that being said you always had to sign in at the Fairgrounds first before going to any other place. (It was only at Bear Creek a couple of days)

I don't have a problem with the general public knowing where the search stations are, however IMO, they shouldn't be broadcasting where the searches are taking place. This is giving the perp way too much info as to how the investigation is going.

hollye
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM

Thanks greengreen! I got them added. Is the one at Bible Hill still there? After the fairgrounds, that was the first one that they headed out to on the 15th.

Wondergirl
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Greengreen:

I had previously linked 3 Car Wash Locations in town.

Do you know if any of them obviously have surveillance cameras, or if there are more than 3 locations?

scorekeeper
04-25-2011, 09:58 PM
GG,

Thanks for joining WS and taking time out of your busy days to help us.

1. Does the Bobo family have any ties to McKenzie Tree Service?

2. A call was received with information sometime Saturday/Sunday which led to finding a piece of evidence, is that correct? I think the call was the "significant" thing.

More important, thank you for helping in the searches....

score

I posted this in the last thread....wonder if you saw it, GG. Thanks!

amysmom
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I just remember them having seachers peering so close to the ground...they were looking for something very small. I'd be very surprised if it was something FROM Holly, rather than of Holly.

sbm

clu..Did you notice there was a man on his hands&knees searching with the others & he was the ONLY one without GLOVES on? I couldn't believe it! :banghead:

greengreen
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Greengreen:

I had previously linked 3 Car Wash Locations in town.

Do you know if any of them obviously have surveillance cameras, or if there are more than 3 locations?

There are 3. I do not know if any have surveillance cameras. I'm inclined to think probably not.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks greengreen! I got them added. Is the one at Bible Hill still there? After the fairgrounds, that was the first one that they headed out to on the 15th.

I don't think any of them are still there. Everything has shut down for the weather.

PoppyH
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Very Intresting, gives you alot to think about

Pugnolia
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
The phone ... the phone may have been found, and perhaps it had a picture of Holly taken several days after her abduction. A wild speculation to be sure, but at this point, if the perp is planting evidence or clues to taunt LE or to throw them off, this would be a very diabolical move -- to let them know she's still alive, that he's not caught, that he's smarter than LE and all of their resources.

In no way do I believe this was found, but I put myself in the place of a real twisted, sick, Sociopath, and I find I am beginning to think this way.

I still believe that she is alive, stashed in a remote cabin somewhere, and is held captive as someone's 'prize.'

VicVixvi
04-25-2011, 10:05 PM
cfreyja23 made a great point at the end of the last thread writing, "Well, let's try a process of elimination. It's probably not clothing, as that--I think--would not be a good sign that she is still alive. The same for shoes. It's probably nothing organic, like hair. If it's her purse, and has everything in it, that would be very odd. The only item she might have been carrying that would actually contain information would be....wait for it....the phone."

I hate to carry a thread forward, but cfrey is right...we ARE web sleuths are we not?

So to re-pose the same question, "what items would give Mrs. Bobo hope that Holly is alive?

Feel free to quote and add to:

1) cfreyja23 - Cell Phone
2) Wondergirl & Vic - a written dated note from Holly stealthily tossed.
3) ??

Others??

sarx
04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Locals
Was there any talk about what they will be doing on these 2 days off? In my experience the CC doesn't shut down even if the searchers are pulled off. You still are working ops/logistics/plans.

ensht
04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
SuzieQ, got it, wasn't sure if it was only the first part that was IMO which is why I asked.

I think the only significant item would be the cell phone. The chances of there being a note or anything like that, that survived the weather is slim to none IMO.

Incidentally with or without a SIM as reported today...LE already knows who she called or texted that day. They have the records of the cell provider I'd be almost sure. The only thing they wouldn't have is notes she may have left on the phone herself OR the tracking data files put there by the Droid or Apple IOS as we just found out last week. She may not have one of these phones or it may be an older version and in that case, or the case of a battery faling etc...it may not be much more useful than what they already have.

Again though this begs the question....why would anyone dump this stuff in the first place? It makes no sense. Even more surprising would be searches finding this by total chance at a random location. Someone must have provided a tip that was very specific which would mean someone knew it was there.

None of this makes any sense to me.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
GG,

Thanks for joining WS and taking time out of your busy days to help us.

1. Does the Bobo family have any ties to McKenzie Tree Service?

2. A call was received with information sometime Saturday/Sunday which led to finding a piece of evidence, is that correct? I think the call was the "significant" thing.

More important, thank you for helping in the searches....

score

I posted this in the last thread....wonder if you saw it, GG. Thanks!

I did not see this earlier. Based on the different releases of information there have been two findings. The media also has been getting things wrong. So I think there were two things found and one turned out not to be related.IMO

greengreen
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Locals
Was there any talk about what they will be doing on these 2 days off? In my experience the CC doesn't shut down even if the searchers are pulled off. You still are working ops/logistics/plans.

Nothing was mentioned at all. I know when no volunteers were used last Thursday LE was still in full swing.

cluciano63
I know I am a wet blanket, as a natural pessimist in these types of crimes...but am wondering why so many people feel she is being "stashed", when to me, the only difference between this and so many other abductions of women who were raped and killed, is that someone saw it happen? If not for that, we'd simply have a young woman who had vanished and was either found or not, sometime later on. And usually, it turns out to be an ex or some kind of an obsessed stalker.

What seems different here, to so many?

Of course I hope she is alive, and more, not being tortured or abused, but I just can't find reasons to believe this is the case, other than she has not been found. But we all know that some people are never found, or are found after months, i.e Morgan and others.

Emma Peel
cfreyja23 made a great point at the end of the last thread writing, "Well, let's try a process of elimination. It's probably not clothing, as that--I think--would not be a good sign that she is still alive. The same for shoes. It's probably nothing organic, like hair. If it's her purse, and has everything in it, that would be very odd. The only item she might have been carrying that would actually contain information would be....wait for it....the phone."

I hate to carry a thread forward, but cfrey is right...we ARE web sleuths are we not?

So to re-pose the same question, "what items would give Mrs. Bobo hope that Holly is alive?

2) Vic - a written dated note from Holly stealthily tossed.
3) ??

Others??

3) emma - Something of Holly's and something of the abductor's.
4) emma - Jewelry/ring
5) emma - Tip IDing the car they know they are after, and they recovered an item of Holly's there
6) emma - Matching Tire Tracks and something of Holly's

Others??

charminglane
04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
You can tell my cell is mine because I have ME and my number in the contact list, just for this very reason-in case I go missing. Also ICE-In Case of Emergency, my mother. If Holly's phone was found, anyone could immediately access this info if she had it in her list of contacts.

amysmom
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM

I wouldn't trust a note cos how would they know WHO wrote it? Even if mom or someone else can recognize it as her handwriting it may have been done under duress & is simply a ruse..Also, if it truly is her handwriting that only proves she was still alive but only at the time it was written which was when exactly? That's another problem.

What kind of signal? :waitasec:

greengreen
04-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't trust a note cos how would they know WHO wrote it? Even if mom or someone else can recognize it as her handwriting it may have been done under duress..OTH! It would prove she was still alive but only at the time it was written which was when exactly? That's another problem.

What kind of signal? :waitasec:

They could tell if it had been left after the latest rain.

mahmoo
04-25-2011, 10:19 PM

Also, from what others have said about the CNN interview, the reporter said "game changer" and the LE rep sort of agreed. It was not his phrase, FWIW.
It sounds like LE got the tip the phone was right in the area where it was found.....fairly quickly sounds like. It may have had one of the bright colored, protective, plastic cases on it and was easily & quickly spotted once they'd received the info where to find it.

As far as the searchers being on their hands and knees searching.....I agree, they were looking for something very small.......perhaps the SIM card to the phone? The tipster may have told them where the phone was and that the SIM card was thrown 500 yards (just an example) from the phone.

I also think the tipster may have told them about other items that were thrown out near the school and that's why they had searchers rushed to that location as well. The tipster knows "something" to have been able to direct them so precisely to the phone. I wonder why the tipster waited so long to call in the tip?

charminglane
04-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I am inclined to think that this is someone Holly knew from church that is older than her--Maybe a leader of her youth group when she was younger? A summer school program counselor?
The date of her disappearance and her Mother's favorite Bible scripture having the samme numbers is intentional. Someone knows Holly very well. Phl 4:13 : I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM

3) Something of Holly's and something of the abductor's.
4) Jewelry/ring
5) Tip IDing the car they know they are after, and they recovered an item of Holly's there
6) Matching Tire Tracks and something of Holly's

Others??

I'm leaning towards number 5.........someone saw somebody toss something of Holly's and they have a description of the vehicle......that's just an opinion, my DIL is being extremely tight lipped on this.....TBI is being very cautious with information being released.

Gofigure
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
RE ESN#

TIA

Try going to settings, phone info, build info, it will be the DEC/ESN number...If this doesn't work call customer service of your provider and request it. Hope this helps.

VicVixvi
04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Remember the key is, "what would make Mrs. Bobo think Holly is alive"?

3) Something of Holly's and something of the abductor's.
4) Jewelry/ring
5) Tip IDing the car they know they are after, and they recovered an item of Holly's there
6) Matching Tire Tracks and something of Holly's

Others??

4) probably not...comfort maybe, but not a specific clue imo..

5 & 6 get my out of the box thinking award of the day (yea Emma! (tell her what she's won, Johnny..)).

If these were found at Eaton street, 5) the car because police (at least in this area) tag abandon/broken vehicles and you've got so many hours to get it moved before they tow. so they should be able to know roughly how long it has been sitting there.

6) because the tire tracks would have washed away with the recent rains. Any tire tracks found would have to fairly fresh.

Great thinking Emma!

amysmom
04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
They could tell if it had been left after the latest rain.

If it is a handwritten note what are the odds it would survive a rainstorm & hasn't it been raining on&off since she went missing?

Emma Peel
04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm leaning towards number 5.........someone saw somebody toss something of Holly's and they have a description of the vehicle......that's just an opinion, my DIL is being extremely tight lipped on this.....TBI is being very cautious with information being released.

yup.

Sounds like, somebody or ... enough somebodies saw something ... called in tip(s) and they're able to tie the sighting to Holly with a find.

Possibly, they've alibied a list of possibles too...and someone on their list - their alibi is not matching up...based on tips or interviews...

I can't even imagine how many people investigators have talked to by now...and how many stories they've heard...and how many stories line up or ... stick out like a sore thumb...

CarolynV
04-25-2011, 10:29 PM
If the sim card is removed, can you still access the pictures that are in the phone, just by going through the picture menu?

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Or someone could have seen a phone on the ground and stopped and called it in. LE may have told them not to touch it, not to look around for anything else, just leave it alone until they got there. And then perhaps when LE got there, they found that the card or another piece was missing from it, so they dropped to their knees for the search.

I'd love to be surprised and learn eventually that whatever this is they found leads to Holly's recovery, but I'm just not feeling it. LE had to sound optimistic, it was going on two weeks, nothing had been located in nearly all of that time. I wouldn't expect them to be anything else and yet they backed off rather quickly to saying they were hopeful it would of help, when at first it seemed like all heck broke loose.

sarx
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
If and it is a big IF for me, she is leaving a trail of evidence then I think there is a level of trust between the two of them. Totally MOO

wfgodot
04-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Hello, and welcome to WS, alabamabella.

Pugnolia
04-25-2011, 10:45 PM
I know I am a wet blanket, as a natural pessimist in these types of crimes...but am wondering why so many people feel she is being "stashed", when to me, the only difference between this and so many other abductions of women who were raped and killed, is that someone saw it happen? If not for that, we'd simply have a young woman who had vanished and was either found or not, sometime later on. And usually, it turns out to be an ex or some kind of an obsessed stalker.

What seems different here, to so many?

Of course I hope she is alive, and more, not being tortured or abused, but I just can't find reasons to believe this is the case, other than she has not been found. But we all know that some people are never found, or are found after months, i.e Morgan and others.

I believe she is 'stashed' for the following reasons:

I believe this was a crime of passion and of obsession.

I believe the perp knew her or was aware of her or stalked her for some time.

I believe the perp is a local.

Because she is so very beautiful, and a 'sweet Christian girl,' and so pure (in the eyes of the perp), she would be unobtainable to him in the real world.

The perp probably has very low self-esteem and very little luck in relationships with women.

In my opinion, the perp is not interested in a rape and a murder, but is interested in a long-term relationship, with no intention in the short-term of harming her.

The fact that she was abducted from home, not a spot easily seen from the road, not random in any event, but one in which some planning ahead had to be done, leads me to believe the above. But YES, if we didn't know that there was a witness to her being taken from the home, then, yes, I would think it would be a woman who disappeared, like so many others, whether found later or not.

Again, obsessed stalker is what I'm feeling, and with obsession may come a desire to keep her alive. MOO

alabamabella
04-25-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/04/25/exp.nr.gwyn.bobo.case.cnn?iref=allsearch

Video also shows TBI saying that the "gamechanging" piece of evidence "will" give us a huge piece of information about the puzzle (of her appearance) "after" being analyzed. Soooo the item must be analyzed before it becomes deemed important....

again validating the cell phone theory IMO....

Mick
04-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok, I'm useless when I'm too tired. Heading out and will hopefully be back in the morning light sometime PDT.

My best to everyone!!

alabamabella
04-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks. Y'all are incredible sleuthers. I followed the Kyron case thru WS until it wore me out, and then I've read every thread on HB since she was found missing. First contribution tonight. I so hope they find her, and soon. Her family must be suffering terribly.

Slynderella
04-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Did someone post a map with the Bobo house and the eaton street (assumed phone location) marked on it? If so can anyone repost it.... where oh where is this poor little girl.....

sarx
04-25-2011, 10:53 PM
wrong thread
ETA sorry for the mass confusion, was trying to delete as quickly as possible, update on the other thread, etc. This would be a case of me having too many windows open and thinking I had clicked on the right thread while listening to 3 scanners and doing pwk. Recipe for disaster! My bad, didn't want anyone thinking I was telling them they were in the wrong thread!

Slynderella
04-25-2011, 10:55 PM
what do you mean wrong thread? Is there a map thread? I saw maps posted here.... let me know and thanks

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 10:56 PM
I know that this was up earlier, but it almost seems like it might have been pulled and then reposted because it was not in my search results earlier.

However, a volunteer involved with the search said the item found was 20-year old Holly Bobo's cell phone. The discovery was made Sunday just off the roadway on Highway 69 just north of Parsons.
http://www.wmctv.com/story/14509533/search-mum-on-item-linked-to-holly-bobo

I know that it's not exactly responsible reporting for a news station to print a rumor, but there it is. I will admit that it's a rumor at this point, but is an MSM rumor, so I think it's allowed.

cfreyja23
04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/04/25/exp.nr.gwyn.bobo.case.cnn?iref=allsearch

Video also shows TBI saying that the "gamechanging" piece of evidence "will" give us a huge piece of information about the puzzle (of her appearance) "after" being analyzed. Soooo the item must be analyzed before it becomes deemed important....

again validating the cell phone theory IMO....

Or maybe it's something of hers that potentially has the perp's DNA on it. To me, the only two items that could genuinely provide information on where to find her would be 1) her phone, or 2) something that has the perp's DNA or fingerprints on it. To me, everything else just gives information on where they were at one point in time. Then again, maybe any item could inform a real investigator and I just don't think that creatively :).

mahmoo
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Did someone post a map with the Bobo house and the eaton street (assumed phone location) marked on it? If so can anyone repost it.... where oh where is this poor little girl.....
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=100+Eaton+St,+Parsons,+Tennessee&daddr=N+Tennessee+Ave+to:681+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Dard en+tn&hl=en&geocode=FYt-IAIdM2y_-iklZOrB4oh8iDGT1BYQOSL-pQ%3BFRMsIAIdgVG_-g%3BFehrIAIdfYy--ilD_F71fGJ8iDFmPvQueqLSHA&gl=us&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=14&sll=35.662965,-88.14601&sspn=0.045746,0.090895&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

sarx
what do you mean wrong thread? Is there a map thread? I saw maps posted here.... let me know and thanks
Sorry, not in regards to your question. I posted something in the wrong thread.

Here is the map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

katiemadonna
No, Sarx accidentely posted some thing in the wron thread so deleted it. Had nothing to do with maps

Emma Peel

LOL.

I think Sarx might have posted in the wrong thread! ... and then deleted it to let everyone know it was an oops.

I could be wrong, but it's one of my favorite tricks too. :)

:lol: yeah! what she ^^ said (katiemadonna & sarx)

Woe.be.gone
04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Here's a video but it's not the most current news. It's from yesterday. I haven't seen it before. I can't find a video from today with the latest info.

http://www.wsmv.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks={videoid:4643166} - http://www.wsmv.com/news/27651991/detail.html (video access)

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27654972/detail.html (latest from local source)

The first link didn't work - I think these are separate videos.

s_finch
04-25-2011, 11:00 PM

Go to the first page in this thread, look at the first post where mods started the thread and down at the bottom is a link to the map. Good luck

PS I don't know what SARX was talking about , lol

chasing.halos
04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Alabamabella- :wagon: !!!! It's so wonderful to have you here!

As you probably know Kyron has a special place in my heart. :heart:

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Whatever it was that was found, it has given her mother hope...but hope of what? Since her mom is not in the media every day, we don't know what she believes at this point. Does she believe Holly is still alive, and this item gave her hope of that, OR has she started to come to terms with the idea that the best they can hope for is to bring Holly home and lay her to rest with dignity?
(I am in no way saying that it is more likely that Holly is dead, but if it were my absolutely stunning twenty year old daughter potentially trapped in the woods with a sadist...I would likely pray that the horror was already over instead of having to face the idea that she might never come home in any form and may in fact live twenty or thirty years like that.) For some people, it is easier to move on that way and easier to face the death of a loved one as opposed to the ?????? of a loved one.

So I am trying to keep an open mind here, and for me to do that, I wish that someone would have clarified exactly what it is that her mother has hope for. (And I am in no way saying that Holly's mom hopes she is dead, I'm just saying that in a case like this, it might be hard for any of us to know exactly what to hope for, espacially when we don't know what info the family has been given by LE that we may not be privy to.) MOO.

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM

What happens sometimes to all of us who scanner, is that we have multiple windows open, hear a scanner call and post it on the wrong window. :) If you see wrong thread posts like Sarx, more often times, MINE, that is more than likely what happened. I do it all the time as I try to listen to the scanner and moderate at the same time. :silly:

Woe.be.gone
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Here's a video but it's not the most current news. It's from yesterday. I haven't seen it before. I can't find a video from today with the latest info.

http://www.wsmv.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks={videoid:4643166} - http://www.wsmv.com/news/27651991/detail.html (video access)

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27654972/detail.html (latest from local source)

The first link didn't work - I think these are separate videos.

bumping videos - duh, thought I had been on page 2!!

T4Tide
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't have a problem with the general public knowing where the search stations are, however IMO, they shouldn't be broadcasting where the searches are taking place. This is giving the perp way too much info as to how the investigation is going.

However, that could be the entire point. If LE feels the perp is purposefully planting evidence, part of the local community, and maybe taking part of the search, maybe there is a method to their madness. They could be separating searches to narrow down where the planted evidence gets placed (that eliminates the other two search parties, right?) or to lure him to these three different areas to attempt to plant evidence.

mrsu
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Scanner thread #1045

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134227&page=42

VicVixvi
04-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Or maybe it's something of hers that potentially has the perp's DNA on it. To me, the only two items that could genuinely provide information on where to find her would be 1) her phone, or 2) something that has the perp's DNA or fingerprints on it. To me, everything else just gives information on where they were at one point in time. Then again, maybe any item could inform a real investigator and I just don't think that creatively :).

But there are several types of evidence that could dated. For example if we know the last rain storm was last Thursday and the item found would have been destroyed or compromised by rain, then we could date it as item > Thursday (item greater than Thursday).

If it is something that only Holly could have / would have left (and not the perp..) then we can extrapolate that Holly has been at that location since Thursday, hence was alive on Thursday.

See where I'm going with this? BTW, I do not know what day it rained last, I am only using Thursday as an example.

cluciano63
Whatever it was that was found, it has given her mother hope...but hope of what? Since her mom is not in the media every day, we don't know what she believes at this point. Does she believe Holly is still alive, and this item gave her hope of that, OR has she started to come to terms with the idea that the best they can hope for is to bring Holly home and lay her to rest with dignity?
(I am in no way saying that it is more likely that Holly is dead, but if it were my absolutely stunning twenty year old daughter potentially trapped in the woods with a sadist...I would likely pray that the horror was already over instead of having to face the idea that she might never come home in any form and may in fact live twenty or thirty years like that.) For some people, it is easier to move on that way and easier to face the death of a loved one as opposed to the ?????? of a loved one.

So I am trying to keep an open mind here, and for me to do that, I wish that someone would have clarified exactly what it is that her mother has hope for. (And I am in no way saying that Holly's mom hopes she is dead, I'm just saying that in a case like this, it might be hard for any of us to know exactly what to hope for, espacially when we don't know what info the family has been given by LE that we may not be privy to.) MOO.

I only had the impression it was hopeful that a new clue had been found and could lead to something more; not sure where it came from that the clue itself held any significance as to whether Holly was alive or not. I thought it more that it had been so long since anything at all had been found, and with the idea of the search maybe ending, she was hopeful that instead they might be closer to finding her.

liltexans
Did Will Nunley (or any other media source) ever post an update regarding this tweet yesterday?

Breaking: the mother of Holly Bobo calls deputies with a message.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Yesterday was apparently also the day that the "significant" item was found.

Coincidence?

AmandaReckonwith
04-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Case archive album:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

Emma Peel
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
What happens sometimes to all of us who scanner, is that we have multiple windows open, hear a scanner call and post it on the wrong window. :) If you see wrong thread posts like Sarx, more often times, MINE, that is more than likely what happened. I do it all the time as I try to listen to the scanner and moderate at the same time. :silly:

:yes:

true dat. it's a race for the forum record on that skill. not tellin' who, but if you stick around long enough ... you'll find out! :giggle:

it can be very shocking and discombobulating to the poster who dunnit. like finding your morning cup of coffee in your refrigerator.

:innocent:

cfreyja23
04-25-2011, 11:19 PM
See where I'm going with this? BTW, I do not know what day it rained last, I am only using Thursday as an example.

What a great point. I didn't think of any of that, but it makes a lot of sense that they can date the items based on wear, damage, etc.

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 11:19 PM
:yes:

true dat. it's a race for the forum record on that skill. not tellin' who, but if you stick around long enough ... you'll find out! :giggle:

it can be very shocking and discombobulating to the poster who dunnit. like finding your morning cup of coffee in your refrigerator.

:innocent:

:pillowfight: :lol: :pillowfight:

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Did we ever learn if Holly had a job?

greengreen
04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
If it is a handwritten note what are the odds it would survive a rainstorm & hasn't it been raining on&off since she went missing?

Depends on whether or not it was in something versus just a piece of paper on the ground.

not_my_kids
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Does anyone have any more information on Franklin Wilkins airport? This is the only site I could find that talked about it, but the location has my hackles raised:
http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/TN/Airfields_TN_C.html
TIA.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 11:31 PM
If and it is a big IF for me, she is leaving a trail of evidence then I think there is a level of trust between the two of them. Totally MOO

HUGE if. But if it is this unrequited love maybe, just maybe she is able to do these things. Otherwise I think the person(s) involved are having a big time watching us scramble around.

Emma Peel
04-25-2011, 11:31 PM

Bobo's parents said they wanted to thank those volunteers and officials face-to-face Sunday, and they tried. Dana and Karen Bobo made it as far as the search headquarters parking lot, but had to turn around.

"Dana and Karen thought they could come and talk to the volunteers, to thank them and talk to them some," said Bromely. "But it's just too much, too hard."

...that took the wind outta my sails... :tears:

ensht
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
It sounds like LE got the tip the phone was right in the area where it was found.....fairly quickly sounds like. It may have had one of the bright colored, protective, plastic cases on it and was easily & quickly spotted once they'd received the info where to find it.

As far as the searchers being on their hands and knees searching.....I agree, they were looking for something very small.......perhaps the SIM card to the phone? The tipster may have told them where the phone was and that the SIM card was thrown 500 yards (just an example) from the phone.

I also think the tipster may have told them about other items that were thrown out near the school and that's why they had searchers rushed to that location as well. The tipster knows "something" to have been able to direct them so precisely to the phone. I wonder why the tipster waited so long to call in the tip?

This is my exact understanding (above).

I think LE knows exactly who did this. I think the family probably knows too. I think the only unknown is where is she. I suspect and again MY OPINION is that LE and family even know what the deal is in terms of why it was done in the mind of this person. It's a matter of getting a conviction/execution hopefully when the time comes. This is someone that's watched too many CSI type shows growing up and thinks they can outsmart LE without having any idea they've probably been watching all along. My belief on the tip is it either came from the perp or someone very close. I don't think this was a random find. Someone putting it there probably thought they'd throw off LE because of either: the people near there that own the plant, the fathers old place of work and school. I think they are 100% right in suggesting the leaks stop because the dirtbag is likely reading online.

My gut tells me we're all going to be absolutely disgusted when/if we ever get the "reason" for all of this. Not to say any of these crimes have a good reason but I just have that feeling this one will strike at the core for a lot of us.

I'm not an eye for an eye type of person but if the worst is realized I'm glad TN has the death penalty.

sarx
04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
HUGE if. But if it is this unrequited love maybe, just maybe she is able to do these things. Otherwise I think the person(s) involved are having a big time watching us scramble around.

Yeah, I feel the same, but I try to not get tunnel vision and keep looking at all the possibilities, while still sticking with my gut, stats, previous cases, knowledge, experience, etc. It's exhausting, lol!

Mountain_Kat
04-25-2011, 11:34 PM

2) Wondergirl & Vic - a written dated note from Holly stealthily tossed.
3) ??

Others??

Well, it was something that was being sent to a crime lab for analysis so...

Something with her fresh blood on it?
Something that contained her dna?
Something in her handwriting?
Something dated with her fingerprints on it...reciept, newspaper?

(I don't know...just throwing out anything I can think of at this point.)

liltexans
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM

I think LE knows exactly who did this. I think the family probably knows too. I think the only unknown is where is she. I suspect and again MY OPINION is that LE and family even know what the deal is in terms of why it was done in the mind of this person. It's a matter of getting a conviction/execution hopefully when the time comes. This is someone that's watched too many CSI type shows growing up and thinks they can outsmart LE without having any idea they've probably been watching all along. My belief on the tip is it either came from the perp or someone very close. I don't think this was a random find. Someone putting it there probably thought they'd throw off LE because of either: the people near there that own the plant, the fathers old place of work and school. I think they are 100% right in suggesting the leaks stop because the dirtbag is likely reading online.

My gut tells me we're all going to be absolutely disgusted when/if we ever get the "reason" for all of this. Not to say any of these crimes have a good reason but I just have that feeling this one will strike at the core for a lot of us.

I'm not an eye for an eye type of person but if the worst is realized I'm glad TN has the death penalty.

ITA with you.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I know that this was up earlier, but it almost seems like it might have been pulled and then reposted because it was not in my search results earlier.

However, a volunteer involved with the search said the item found was 20-year old Holly Bobo's cell phone. The discovery was made Sunday just off the roadway on Highway 69 just north of Parsons.

I know that it's not exactly responsible reporting for a news station to print a rumor, but there it is. I will admit that it's a rumor at this point, but is an MSM rumor, so I think it's allowed.

How did they know it was her cell phone with no battery to power it on? I'm not saying it wasn't hers just thinking out loud with what I have been told.

Emma Peel
04-25-2011, 11:40 PM
if there was (gasp) more than one person involved, perhaps one has turned on the other and is offering info on where to find these items they are finding...

i hate thinking this ... but ... young people ... drugs ... bad judgment ... delayed remorse ... confession ...

grandmaj
04-25-2011, 11:42 PM
This is bothering me that no one is talking about Holly having a job. Is it a clue? Kids going to school generally have at least a part time job. So why does no one report about this?

cluciano63
04-25-2011, 11:42 PM
How did they know it was her cell phone with no battery to power it on? I'm not saying it wasn't hers just thinking out loud with what I have been told.

Maybe that is why they didn't know right away? They said it had been found within the past 12 hours of annoucing the find, they may have had to take it to test out with a battery. But again, we only have that a phone was found from one searcher telling media, as far as we know...

Emma Peel
04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
This is bothering me that no one is talking about Holly having a job. Is it a clue? Kids going to school generally have at least a part time job. So why does no one report about this?

wonder if her FB ever said "employed by"?

I never looked at her FB. I know. I'm the only one. :blushing:

lillys
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Well, it was something that was being sent to a crime lab for analysis so...

Something with her fresh blood on it?
Something that contained her dna?
Something in her handwriting?
Something dated with her fingerprints on it...reciept, newspaper?

(I don't know...just throwing out anything I can think of at this point.)

What of holly's could be easily identified if found laying on the side of the road, in a ditch, where ever it was found?

Was her name on something?
Was her address on something?

Mountain_Kat
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I see no reason to believe that Holly is dead. We have no body, no physical evidence that shows something catastrophic may have happened to her, no nothing. So, I'm going to continue to be optimistic.

That's just how I roll. ;)

ensht
04-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Make/Model/Color. chances of finding the same phone are slim, tiny if you consider the likelihood of the perps getting caught if they tried to buy an identical one just to throw off investigators.

if there was (gasp) more than one person involved, perhaps one has turned on the other and is offering info on where to find these items they are finding...

i hate thinking this ... but ... young people ... drugs ... bad judgment ... delayed remorse ... confession ...

Drugs come in many forms legal and illegal. I've heard there's a sizeable meth problem like many rural areas (and now urban too) but there's also the "legal" drugs. There are many prescription drugs that are actually legally prescribed for individuals that can lead to all sorts of altered behaviors. I've seen it happen with my own eyes where normal people went off the rails in a very short period of time.

mahmoo
04-25-2011, 11:49 PM

I think it could well be the situation. One of them abducted her while the other waited in the vehicle/was the driver. Same driver may have been behind the wheel while the abductor was throwing evidence out the window (including Holly's lunchbox). I've got a real strong feeling whoever the tipster is was in the vehicle and either threw Holly's items out themself or saw them being thrown out. Wonder why the tipster didn't give them Holly's location???

CHARLISA
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM

Maybe since her dad owns his own business, she works for him PT as a receptionist or something?

Dr.Fessel
04-25-2011, 11:51 PM

...that took the wind outta my sails... :tears:

Dang, can't get out of the nightmare can they.

evelyn24
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Did Will Nunley (or any other media source) ever post an update regarding this tweet yesterday?

Coincidence?

Oh I had to read this five times to get it. lol

You think Nunley was hinting that Holly's mom is the one who called LE with the tip?
Not that she had the tip, but someone called her and she passed along the information? It has to be what Nunley was saying, right?

mahmoo
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
What of holly's could be easily identified if found laying on the side of the road, in a ditch, where ever it was found?

Her keys/keyring, wallet, sunglasses......

liltexans
04-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Oh I had to read this give times to get it. You think Nunley was hinting that Holly's mom is the one who called LE with the tip?
Not that she had the tip, but someone called her and she passed along the information? It has to be what Nunley was saying, right?

That's what I'm thinking, yes.

MOO

cfreyja23
04-25-2011, 11:54 PM

I think LE knows exactly who did this. I think the family probably knows too. I think the only unknown is where is she.

I also totally agree. I've had that feeling from the moment they intimated it was someone in the community, but tried to clear the brother and boyfriend. Why would they say that if they thought it was a stranger abduction? That would be so counterproductive. To me, the only reason I can possibly see LE playing their cards so close to their chest is to avoid alerting who they already suspect. If this was a stranger from the get-go, I think they would've released a lot more info. I admit I could be totally wrong.

Laynee
04-25-2011, 11:56 PM

My guess is that her phone has/had a distinctive covering? My iphone has a pink jeweled case, and would be easily recognizable (with or without battery).
Perhaps the mom has described the case/phone they are looking for? Just a thought...
Wouldnt it be great if Holly has placed the phone there somehow, and even better, if maybe she was able to take dated pics of this kidnapper?? Or pics of his car, house, license plates?? I can take pics with my iphone and it is silent as not to alert others I am taking a pic...just sayin.....and hoping!

Praying for a safe return for you Holly!

evelyn24
04-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Coincidence?

Alright I'm officially embarrassed that the smart people here didn't put 2 and 2 together. Come on guys, we're slacking.
:crazy:

Of course we're not sure that's what he meant. CYA CYA.

lillys
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Her keys/keyring, wallet, sunglasses......

mahmoo,
I wasn't even thinking about those. Thanks.

Mountain_Kat
04-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Hairbrush, clothing, checkbook, cell phone, pda, credit card, library card, college Id card, pages from a school textbook, jewelry, acrylic nail, the list goes on and on. Even something that might not appear to connect to Holly COULD be assumed to possibly be connected to her if found next to an item easily attributed to her. For example, if a library card is found on the side of the road, and near it is a dated reciept from Walmart, that too might be gathered and examined for fingerprints, dna, etc.

I mean, I really don't know. Just tossing out random thoughts.

greengreen
04-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Make/Model/Color. chances of finding the same phone are slim, tiny if you consider the likelihood of the perps getting caught if they tried to buy an identical one just to throw off investigators.

Drugs come in many forms legal and illegal. I've heard there's a sizeable meth problem like many rural areas (and now urban too) but there's also the "legal" drugs. There are many prescription drugs that are actually legally prescribed for individuals that can lead to all sorts of altered behaviors. I've seen it happen with my own eyes where normal people went off the rails in a very short period of time.

Question: I really don't know the answer to this cause I don't have one but do all I phones not look the same?

lillys
04-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Hairbrush, clothing, checkbook, cell phone, pda, credit card, library card, college Id card, pages from a school textbook, jewelry, acrylic nail, the list goes on and on. Even something that might not appear to connect to Holly COULD be assumed to possibly be connected to her if found next to an item easily attributed to her. For example, if a library card is found on the side of the road, and near it is a dated reciept from Walmart, that too might be gathered and examined for fingerprints, dna, etc.

I mean, I really don't know. Just tossing out random thoughts.

Thanks MK,
now I will never go to sleep. :seeya:
I think everything you listed is good and could be easily seen beside the highway except an acrylic nail. ;)

kila1980
04-26-2011, 12:06 AM

her school books? and they were searching the grass for her keys/cell? just a guess

mahmoo
04-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Alright I'm officially embarrassed that the smart people here didn't put 2 and 2 together. Come on guys, we're slacking.

Of course it could have been these 2 messages she relayed to him :)

Will Nunley
Source: mother wished to speak to volunteers in person, but it was said to be too emotionally challenging.

Will Nunley
Breaking: The mother of Holly Bobo says she wishes she could come and hug everyone. She understands that people have to work tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley (http://twitter.com/#%21/willnunley)

Emma Peel
04-26-2011, 12:07 AM

You think Nunley was hinting that Holly's mom is the one who called LE with the tip?

I read through Nunley's tweets in chron order.

What I get is that Holly's mom called LE because she wished to thank the searchers that responded to the emergency search call on Easter.

liltexans
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
I read through Nunley's tweets in chron order.

What I get is that Holly's mom called LE because she wished to thank the searchers that responded to the emergency search call on Easter.

I just don't think that's it, but it could be I guess. Why wouldn't she just call the media (Will Nunley would be a great choice) if she wanted to send a thank you message to the volunteer searchers? It just doesn't add up to me.

MOO

grandmaj
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Some other possible items. As a nursing student she would always wear a watch for taking pulse and blood pressure. She would most likely carry her own personal stethoscope. I know as an EMT we all had preferences to what scope we liked more than others. She probably had a student pass to get into the school also. Most students also carry a lap top or a computer notepad. If she had medical problems she might have had a medical bracelet or necklace.

evelyn24
04-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Of course it could have been these 2 messages she relayed to him :)

Will Nunley
Source: mother wished to speak to volunteers in person, but it was said to be too emotionally challenging.

Will Nunley
Breaking: The mother of Holly Bobo says she wishes she could come and hug everyone. She understands that people have to work tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley (http://twitter.com/#%21/willnunley)

Would that be considered "BREAKING"? Yea I guess it is considering he used that term with the message about the volunteers.

Who knows, he was very vague with the tweet about Karen Bobo calling the deputies with a message.

cfreyja23
04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
I just don't think that's it, but it could be I guess. Why wouldn't she just call the media (Will Nunley would be a great choice) if she wanted to send a thank you message to the volunteer searchers? It just doesn't add up to me.

MOO

If she was asked not to speak to the media, perhaps she felt she needed to contact LE to pass along a message to the searchers indirectly.

greengreen
04-26-2011, 12:14 AM

MOO

Was she in the parking lot when she called? They came at one point but turned back around.

Mountain_Kat
04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Okay, don't laugh (oh go ahead!) but do any of you remember a movie from the 70's called Sweet Hostage? Martin Sheen abducts Linda Blair, takes her to a remote cabin, and tries to teach her how to be a proper young lady. Terrible movie...seriously. But anyway, she starts working on gaining his trust, and eventually sends him into town with a list of items she wants. Every item is a clue to the people looking for her...specific things only she would ask for.

For some reason, ever since I've been reading about this case, I can't get that movie out of my mind. And I hadn't thought about it once in 20 years or more. Go figure.

liltexans
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
If she was asked not to speak to the media, perhaps she felt she needed to contact LE to pass along a message to the searchers indirectly.

Could be. Just seems strange to me to term that Breaking News.

Emma Peel
Was she in the parking lot when she called? They came at one point but turned back around.

I read that Holly's parents drove out to a search site to thank searchers but Holly's mom couldn't bring herself to actually get out of the car and talk to them...

ETA:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42745327/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/

there's the link.

evelyn24

MOO
Do you think we'll ever get a clear comment in this case?
:banghead:

It could be about the tip, it could be about wanting to thank the volunteers. Oy!

mahmoo
04-26-2011, 12:16 AM

MOO
Good point!!! Would all/most of the searchers been in a central area to hear the Deputy/Sheriff relay the Bobo's message when it came in? However....the message did filter out through the media anyway.

ensht
04-26-2011, 12:17 AM

I 100% think the two go hand in hand. Whatever she called in led to the find.

MOO

Me too.

I also totally agree. I've had that feeling from the moment they intimated it was someone in the community, but tried to clear the brother and boyfriend. Why would they say that if they thought it was a stranger abduction? That would be so counterproductive. To me, the only reason I can possibly see LE playing their cards so close to their chest is to avoid alerting who they already suspect. If this was a stranger from the get-go, I think they would've released a lot more info. I admit I could be totally wrong.
I'm not entirely sure the motive behind the silence but my guess is they know who it is. We know way less than most people in that area I think.

I was worried about the rules here/what is allowed and what isn't.

Question: I really don't know the answer to this cause I don't have one but do all I phones not look the same?
Older iphones came in white or black but they all looked exactly the same. You'd only be able to tell by the EIN. Keep in mind though all phones have a history. If they were ever used anywhere someone will find out. I bought a "new" phone off ebay. The guy said he turned it on once to make sure it worked before selling it. I got it and used it for months before a button broke. I brought it in under warranty. They agreed to replace it saying we appreciate your business "first name last name"....that not being my name I said you must have the wrong phone. Nope, the first time he turned it on for a total of about 1 minute it was picked up by the provider as a phone on his account. They all leave a trace. I guess what I'm saying is planting an identical phone would only open up the door for more narrowing. I think it's all moot, I suspect you as a local and most other locals know the culprit.

Thank God I have no previous knowledge of anything like this. I tried to stay open minded too but you know, small town, you hear who has been questioned and it definitely gives you tunnel vision.

I don't think there's any reason to be anything but narrow minded. I remember distinctly what Whitney said on twitter when people first took shots at her cousing Clint "you don't know the real story"..you can find it on her twitter page still http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

annalyzer
04-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I read that Holly's parents drove out to a search site to thank searchers but Holly's mom couldn't bring herself to actually get out of the car and talk to them...

everything about this case is strange imo

Emma Peel
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
I 100% think the two go hand in hand. Whatever she called in led to the find.

Me too.

I'm not entirely sure the motive behind the silence but my guess is they know who it is. We know way less than most people in that area I think.

I was worried about the rules here/what is allowed and what isn't.

Older iphones came in white or black but they all looked exactly the same. You'd only be able to tell by the EIN. Keep in mind though all phones have a history. If they were ever used anywhere someone will find out. I bought a "new" phone off ebay. The guy said he turned it on once to make sure it worked before selling it. I got it and used it for months before a button broke. I brought it in under warranty. They agreed to replace it saying we appreciate your business "first name last name"....that not being my name I said you must have the wrong phone. Nope, the first time he turned it on for a total of about 1 minute it was picked up by the provider as a phone on his account. They all leave a trace. I guess what I'm saying is planting an identical phone would only open up the door for more narrowing. I think it's all moot, I suspect you as a local and most other locals know the culprit.

I don't think there's any reason to be anything but narrow minded. I remember distinctly what Whitney said on twitter when people first took shots at her cousing Clint "you don't know the real story"..you can find it on her twitter page still http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42745327/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/

cfreyja23
04-26-2011, 12:25 AM
I think it's all moot, I suspect you as a local and most other locals know the culprit.

Interesting. It reminds me of Gavin De Becker, who likes to ask people with stalkers who may be someone they know, "If you had to guess the first person who popped into your mind, no matter how crazy, who would it be."
Please note: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. FTR, I don't think the family is involved.

Cubbies2010
04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Where is the Parking lot for this discussion?
There is a VERY interesting FB post by a local news person.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
I think that is against the rules, right? Because according to the TBI there is no suspect, no POI, no nothing.

That is correct. :)

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
The Parking Lot thread for all things Facebook is here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

3angelsrmine
04-26-2011, 12:35 AM

MOO

It was Easter. I feel she (Karen Bobo) may have wanted to give an extra personal thank you for their (the searchers) efforts.

Also, CAR KEYS!! They keep coming back to mind and have only been mentioned a few times here on WS. FWIW We all leave out of our homes with keys in hand b/c we need to drive somewhere. IMO that would be the first thing (anything for that matter) in my hands I would throw down to try to free myself from someone, JMO.

ensht
04-26-2011, 12:42 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42745327/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/ The CNN video posted earlier was I think pretty good. The guy from the TBI....whatever they did find they had high hopes it was going to yield big things. No guarantees.

Interesting. It reminds me of Gavin De Becker, who likes to ask people with stalkers who may be someone they know, "If you had to guess the first person who popped into your mind, no matter how crazy, who would it be."
Please note: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. FTR, I don't think the family is involved.

I don't know but I think there is someone really ticked off/feels slighted that sticks out like a sore thumb and everyone knows it.

It was Easter. I feel she (Karen Bobo) may have wanted to give an extra personal thank you for their (the searchers) efforts.

Also, CAR KEYS!! They keep coming back to mind and have only been mentioned a few times here on WS. FWIW We all leave out of our homes with keys in hand b/c we need to drive somewhere. IMO that would be the first thing (anything for that matter) in my hands I would throw down to try to free myself from someone, JMO.

Maybe but I'm not sure what hope they'd provide.

cluciano63
04-26-2011, 12:43 AM

MOO

He tweeted that she had a message for searchers...and it was to thank them and say she wish she could do so in person...

liltexans
04-26-2011, 12:46 AM
He tweeted that she had a message for searchers...and it was to thank them and say she wish she could do so in person...

Yes, I saw the tweet, I just don't think they're referencing the same thing.

cluciano63
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes, I saw the tweet, I just don't think they're referencing the same thing.

I think it is, and it is getting all twisted.

liltexans
04-26-2011, 12:50 AM
I think it is, and it is getting all twisted.

No worries. We can agree to disagree.

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 01:18 AM
ARGH! Why can't I ever get a map to embed right?

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 01:27 AM
http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/TN/Airfields_TN_C.html
Fine, since I can't get my maps to agree with me, I'll just use this site again.
Smith Field, abandoned in Parsons, TN is only 15 minutes from Swan Johnson Road according to Google. It is located at the intersection of W Holly Street (ironic) and W 9th Street and if I'm not mistaken, is located inside one of the search areas or at least near it. 5 Forks Road is one of the easiest ways to get to it from Swan Johnson, or so says Google, I don't know cuz I'm not local, and I know that some part of 5 Forks Road was searched, I just don't know which part.

I wonder, because wasn't it around the time of that search of 5 Forks Road that they started saying it might be time to take the search nationwide? I know that if a lock were cut or a fence removed or there were any sign of a plane or a person being inside that airport since it was closed, that the searchers or LE would find it, but what I don't know is if there would be any way to get a small private plane in there in order to fly someone out or a small private plane would leave any sign of take-off. I know jack diddly about aviation. Anyone wanna help me out here? I've had it in the back of my mind that maybe she was taken out by plane, but this airstrip is literally 15 minutes from her home and has access off HOLLY STREET, for crying out loud. It made my hair stand up for a minute. Could mean (probably means) nothing but an odd coincidence, but I thought I'd share.

nosylla
04-26-2011, 01:29 AM
** Map **| Been away for a day - School - TV studio tours today - and daughter's car was stolen last night ...and just life in general...- refresher on the map and locations etc... (usually updated) Been so busy - haven't checked link for updated info....but it's a good map last I looked ~~ http://tiny.cc/BoboResidenceSearchMaps

Capri
04-26-2011, 01:32 AM

This mom is having a super-rough time (what mom wouldn't, right?) B/c it was Easter Sun. She & hubs wanted to do a thank you in person, but apparently got weak in the knees when they got there & couldn't go forward with it. Mom appears to be quite fragile right now, as it's been said she & Holly were super-close. It has to be tough.

Irish_Eyes
04-26-2011, 01:36 AM
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php

You can search this map for all cell towers located near Parsons....I was skeptical of them finding her phone by the side of the road because if it was me, that would be the very last thing I would let go of....but....you can see that there are very few cell towers in the area and it just happens that one of the very few is literally right by where they found some sort of evidence...I guess if the phone was thrown there early on it would make sense to me why it was only pinging off one tower...The only thing that bugs me is that it looks like this would be a well traveled road, and I'm wondering if a cell phone could sit there for that many days without anyone noticing....

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Okay, I googled again, using Hollye's map (Thank you for your genius) and found that the 5 Forks Road search area is about 5-7 miles from the airport. But still...
I think I should go crawl under a warm blanket and make the goosebumps go away.
I don't like coincidences, but I do believe in them, and this certainly seems to be one. A huge one, in my eyes.

SmoothOperator
04-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi!:wave: I am currently trying my darndest to catch up..wasn't expecting to check in tonight and find so many pages and actually multiple threads to read thru in attempting to get completely caught up..whew!!..

But what is of most concern to me that I am racking and reading these pages and threads with lightning speed is to find out detail about this RSO that was brought up earlier today?? From the little I have gathered he has priors of stalking..harassing of young women..indecent exposing of himself..and some of the incidences taking place at a local mall[in neighboring towns from Parsons].. I very much need to have clarification about this RSO.. I have an extreme tightness in my chest with anxiety over the thoughts that I am almost certain of what this RSO's name is and I just need to know..I realize that from what I've read thus far most feel he is most likely not involved in Holly's abduction.. but there are some very real..very disturbing concerns that I personally have concerning this person..

If anyone could possibly just point me in the correct direction of where this info came from concerning this local RSO I don't think you could even know what a grateful person I would be for anyone that could help me find this info..I fear because I am so shaken from the possibility that I know who this RSo is that I cannot even keep these pages and threads straight in an attempt to successfully locate this info..so any help would be so very gratefully appreciated..

TIA..

cluciano63
04-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Are you talking about Nickells, who was arrested in Jackson, TN? I can't remember his first name, but he seemed to be the right size and race. I saw his photo on a link here someplace...

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/benton-county-sex-offender-arrested-after-stalking-2-teens-in-jackson.html

Wait, here it is.

Capri
04-26-2011, 02:10 AM
smoothOperator- if ita makes you feel better, he's in custody- not for anything related to Holly, but there's also a "hold" on him, which is a good thing.

He was formally arraigned in Jackson City Court this morning and is being held in lieu of $75,000 bond. His next scheduled court appearance is April 28 at 9:30 a.m. in city court.

Capri
04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
It it just me, or am I getting the impression (not just from this site, but others too) that the locals all have a good idea of who did this to Holly? I'm sure being local you know who's been questioned and for how long, etc. I'm just wondering if my impression is correct. I am not asking who the locals think he is, just if there seems to be some understanding b/t locals of who probably did this?

evelyn24
04-26-2011, 02:29 AM
It it just me, or am I getting the impression (not just from this site, but others too) that the locals all have a good idea of who did this to Holly? I'm sure being local you know who's been questioned and for how long, etc. I'm just wondering if my impression is correct. I am not asking who the locals think he is, just if there seems to be some understanding b/t locals of who probably did this?

I'm sure they all have heard rumors. I'm not under the impression LE really knows who did this, though.

Capri
04-26-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm sure they all have heard rumors. I'm not under the impression LE really knows who did this, though.

That kind of surprises me. From other sites, I've gotten that locals & LE know, they're just building a case at this point, and of course trying to locate Holly. That's kind of what fit in to me too, when the detective today said, finding the "significant" item, was one more piece to the puzzle. It was hopeful <IMHO, in terms of prosecuting this guy, not so much in bringing Holly back alive....but who knows

Capri
04-26-2011, 02:45 AM
Sarx- if you're still on here....question about the dogs brought in at the beginning of the case. What happened there? Seems like they would be one of the best resources, and so early. Any thoughts?

goldiegirl
04-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Question - suppose a person wanted to go help with the search. Where is the needed information published, as in the time and location to show up for the search? I'm just curious. I've looked on the TBI website and local news sources, but I can't find anything. I'm not in TN, and I imagine locals are getting their information in a number of ways, but it has to be published somewhere. Do people need to sign up or do they just show up? I'm in TX, so I'm not necessarily asking for myself, but I know a few people who may be in the area and would like to know. Thank you!

ETA: I guess I'm just not very resourceful, because we had someone go missing in my area recently, and for the life of me I could not find out how to help with that search either.

evelyn24
04-26-2011, 02:55 AM
That kind of surprises me. From other sites, I've gotten that locals & LE know, they're just building a case at this point, and of course trying to locate Holly. That's kind of what fit in to me too, when the detective today said, finding the "significant" item, was one more piece to the puzzle. It was hopeful <IMHO, in terms of prosecuting this guy, not so much in bringing Holly back alive....but who knows

Capri, I really don't go to many other sites about this case, and don't go FB at all to read about it. I didn't know locals were commenting about the LE knowing who did it and are building their case. I truly hope so. I'm cautious because locals sometimes get caught up in the rumor mill and one thing snowballs into something completely different the more it gets told.
I don't think we've heard about any search warrants filed, or cars impounded by LE, so I'm not sure who they're building a case against, and without a body it makes it very hard.

sarx
04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Sarx- if you're still on here....question about the dogs brought in at the beginning of the case. What happened there? Seems like they would be one of the best resources, and so early. Any thoughts?

My understanding is that they were LE K9's and I'm afraid they just aren't generally the best for a SAR job like this. A couple of things are going on here. First, they were working an area (around her house) that is highly contaminated by her own scent. It's where she lives, there are cross trails of hers all over the place from days-weeks earlier. This requires training for that scenario, which LE doesn't always do because they're looking for the suspect that just robbed a bank or broke into a house (not likely his own). Second, it seems very likely that she got in a car and once again this requires training. Most LE train for foot searches, they just don't have the time to add these things into there trainings. Add to that, not all dogs are good at getting out of that contamination zone, it's tough, and not all dogs can car trail (scent does weird things and is greatly reduced). Put all those factors together and there you go. Are there dogs that could do it? Absolutely. Does everyone train for these things? Nope....

sarx
04-26-2011, 03:00 AM
And sadly, even if the rumors are true and they think they know who did it, it doesn't mean they're any closer to finding her. We've heard these things with cases like Kyron and Hailey, and still no Kyron or Hailey. This is why all the talk of this stuff (rumors) means so little so often.

sarx
04-26-2011, 03:02 AM
goldiegirl, it really depends on the place and the case. This one, they've been using the media and twitter to get the word out about where to meet, what time, etc. Not all searches accept volunteers. If you ever want to know in your area when someone goes missing just call your sheriff's office. Even if they are not taking searchers there are always things you can be doing to help though.

evelyn24
04-26-2011, 03:05 AM
And sadly, even if the rumors are true and they think they know who did it, it doesn't mean they're any closer to finding her. We've heard these things with cases like Kyron and Hailey, and still no Kyron or Hailey. This is why all the talk of this stuff (rumors) means so little so often.

ITA, and even in those two cases we clearly saw LE making moves against someone or people they think were involved. Making arrests to add pressure, convening a grand jury, impounding vehicles. So far we haven't see anything like that in this case. My cynical side comes out this time of night.

goldiegirl
04-26-2011, 03:13 AM
goldiegirl, it really depends on the place and the case. This one, they've been using the media and twitter to get the word out about where to meet, what time, etc. Not all searches accept volunteers. If you ever want to know in your area when someone goes missing just call your sheriff's office. Even if they are not taking searchers there are always things you can be doing to help though.

Thank you very much, SARX! Oh how I wish I could do something to help out remotely in this case.

Btw, I really admire what you do with the SAR dogs.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Good Morning everyone!

The Farm
04-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Good Morning!

What is going on for today,,,,my boss is off today so I will be able to participate if I do not get slammed here!

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Good Morning!

What is going on for today,,,,my boss is off today so I will be able to participate if I do not get slammed here!

Morning! so far its very very quiet!

No searches scheduled! Maybe we will learn something this day!

Skully
04-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Good Morning All,

I was hoping there would be some news about her being found this morning, so sad another day passes and nothing....

I was looking at the map and wondered if they considered looking SE of where the vigil was at the church? If the items found are to throw them off into the wrong direction, maybe it would be worth a try to search down there, not far from the roads off 412.

The Farm
04-26-2011, 07:56 AM
I really can not keep up with what has been found, what is factual etc. By the time I log on after long stretches there is just to many post to read and I can't keep up. So much is also repeated and repeated,,,,,I still am not even sure if in fact the "significant item" found was a cell phone. I consider myself lost here unless I can keep up with everything on a minute by minute basis!

Skully
04-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I really can not keep up with what has been found, what is factual etc. By the time I log on after long stretches there is just to many post to read and I can't keep up. So much is also repeated and repeated,,,,,I still am not even sure if in fact the "significant item" found was a cell phone. I consider myself lost here unless I can keep up with everything on a minute by minute basis!

I read through most of this thread and the last one, and as far as I can see, LE has not revealed what the item was, only that it revived the search efforts. There are people talking about stuff found, but we don't know what all is true.

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Law enforcement officials are asking volunteers to hold off in their search for Holly Bobo until a severe weather system leaves the area this week.

Volunteers are being asked to return to Decatur County Thursday if the 20-year-old missing nursing student is not found by then. Severe storms expected to be in the area today and tomorrow will keep volunteers from looking for Bobo.

"We don't want to put (the volunteers) at risk," said Tennessee Highway Patrol Lt. Brad Wilbanks, "Law enforcement will still be around to respond to anything we find as it comes up."
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110426/NEWS25/104260311

I much prefer to hear this, as opposed to hearing that they are just discontinuing volunteer searches altogether. Sadly, I feel that as people go back to their lives over this next week, very few of them will return to look for Holly.

iluvmua
04-26-2011, 08:08 AM
When is this going to turn into a recovery mission?

I think they are beginning to look for a body. I don't think Holly is leaving clues.

I think she is most likely no longer alive.

cfreyja23
04-26-2011, 08:31 AM

It has NOT been confirmed that it is a cell phone by LE, however an article was cited last night between 10pm and 11pm, (I couldn't find where on this thread the article was posted, hope that's okay) in which a volunteer "leaked" to a local reporter that it was the cell. We should take this with a grain of salt. The long list of recovered items that we posted was merely our attempt to isolate what kind of items LE might have found that would lead them to say they were "hopeful" (i.e., the significant find was probably not something like bloody clothing, because that would not be a sign for hope). It was all attempted sleuthing. Also, many people were discussing how LE could get information from her cell IF that was the item that was found. Hope this helps!

Carla Lashelle
04-26-2011, 08:35 AM

You haven't missed much. The story hasn't changed in a week...

The only item found that is confirmed is the lunch bag. Any other finds have not been officially confirmed. As for a phone... every time someone found anything it was rumored to be her phone, so IDK... this is like the 349th time her phone has been rumored to have been found.

The Farm
04-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Ok then,,,I am right where I thought I was.....lol

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Good Morning All,

I was hoping there would be some news about her being found this morning, so sad another day passes and nothing....

I was looking at the map and wondered if they considered looking SE of where the vigil was at the church? If the items found are to throw them off into the wrong direction, maybe it would be worth a try to search down there, not far from the roads off 412.

Hey I think all this stuff was tossed the day he took her. I dont think hes out there tossing things out of his car window..

As I see they should have had SAR dogs out on day one! If not day one then Day 2! Not K-9 dogs!

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 08:48 AM
You haven't missed much. The story hasn't changed in a week...

The only item found that is confirmed is the lunch bag. Any other finds have not been officially confirmed. As for a phone... every time someone found anything it was rumored to be her phone, so IDK... this is like the 349th time her phone has been rumored to have been found.

For some reason i dont think its a phone. JMO

:seeya:
Morning Carla!!!!! Hope yer feeling better today!!!!

concentric
04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet. But, this 20-yr.-old man emerged from the Smoky Mountains National Park, saying he had been drugged and kidnapped by 3 men. LE is now saying that his story is not true and there is a charge of filing a false report. He was on his way to bible school. Oddly enough he was reported "missing" on April 14, the day after Holly was missing and I have to wonder if he is involved:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-Smokies-now-charged

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Ok this may be a really really stupid question on my part but what info could they get from her phone that they wouldnt already have...AFAIK they dont need a phone to get a list of calls and texts that came to and were sent from her number. As for pictures maybe but i dotn think the perp would toss out a phone with his pic on it.what more can they get from it?

Carla Lashelle
04-26-2011, 08:57 AM
For some reason i dont think its a phone. JMO

:seeya:
Morning Carla!!!!! Hope yer feeling better today!!!!

Yup. Im good! Thank you! And I slept good. I had been having bad nitemares about Holly for the last week.

Good morning everyone!

Capri
04-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Question - suppose a person wanted to go help with the search. Where is the needed information published, as in the time and location to show up for the search? I'm just curious. I've looked on the TBI website and local news sources, but I can't find anything. I'm not in TN, and I imagine locals are getting their information in a number of ways, but it has to be published somewhere. Do people need to sign up or do they just show up? I'm in TX, so I'm not necessarily asking for myself, but I know a few people who may be in the area and would like to know. Thank you!

ETA: I guess I'm just not very resourceful, because we had someone go missing in my area recently, and for the life of me I could not find out how to help with that search either.

They've said no searchers for today and tomorrow, but if they call for thjem again, I think the Fairgrounds is the main sign-up location. Check Will Nunley's twitter. He usually states what LE is asking for on what day, and he's a local reporter covering it live on the scene. Just search "will nunley twitter" and you should find it.

NCSleuth
04-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Hey I think all this stuff was tossed the day he took her. I dont think hes out there tossing things out of his car window..

As I see they should have had SAR dogs out on day one! If not day one then Day 2! Not K-9 dogs!

Unfortunately I agree completely. Anything they find was tossed out the window as he escaped in his vehicle, probably a pickup. If they did find the cell phone, it probably rang in the car, he freaked, and tossed it.

Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road? If they found one, I would say its almost a 100% chance its hers. Secondly, they would have gotten the ESN (basically the serial number) of her phone from the cell phone provider and would have been able to compare numbers in just a couple of minutes. They could decide 100% if it was hers or not.

I really think everyone is overthinking everything. I am a firm believer, if it doesn't make sense, its not true. I realize there are exceptions, but I think you have to go with the odds in life.

I think he had a vehicle waiting close by, probably in a little path. By the time LE got there, he was out of the area. I suspect he doesn't live too far away, probably within a 1-2 hour drive. maybe even a little closer.

I think it was one person. someone completely infatuated with her. probably 'met' her at school. I bet she knew him or would at least have recognized him. Her family probably would not.

I think its time for LE to open up to the public, come clean, and ask for help! I am afraid they don't know anything and don't have anything to give us. I hope I am wrong, but its been 13 days, their method is not working.

Carla Lashelle
04-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Ok this may be a really really stupid question on my part but what info could they get from her phone that they wouldnt already have...AFAIK they dont need a phone to get a list of calls and texts that came to and were sent from her number. As for pictures maybe but i dotn think the perp would toss out a phone with his pic on it.what more can they get from it?

In theory you could see if the phone was used after her abduction, or any messages sent or received, etc. If they did not have info about her phone usage already from her provider company. And then forensic info like finger prints, touch dna etc. And just the location where it was found would have some meaning. It didnt get there on its own. Thats true for any clue. It had to get there somehow.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:04 AM
sorry, i haven't had a chance to read the thread yet. But, this 20-yr.-old man emerged from the smoky mountains national park, saying he had been drugged and kidnapped by 3 men. Le is now saying that his story is not true and there is a charge of filing a false report. He was on his way to bible school. Oddly enough he was reported "missing" on april 14, the day after holly was missing and i have to wonder if he is involved:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-smokies-now-charged

wow!!!!

NCSleuth
04-26-2011, 09:06 AM

I think the only info they could get
1. fingerprints.
2. direction of travel.

Now, if the phone was not tossed out the window, It could have been found at a 'switch over' location. Maybe he stopped to put her in the trunk or take her out of the trunk and dropped the phone. maybe he stopped to get ride of her belongings. I suspect he just threw it out the window.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately I agree completely. Anything they find was tossed out the window as he escaped in his vehicle, probably a pickup. If they did find the cell phone, it probably rang in the car, he freaked, and tossed it.

Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road? If they found one, I would say its almost a 100% chance its hers. Secondly, they would have gotten the ESN (basically the serial number) of her phone from the cell phone provider and would have been able to compare numbers in just a couple of minutes. They could decide 100% if it was hers or not.

I really think everyone is overthinking everything. I am a firm believer, if it doesn't make sense, its not true. I realize there are exceptions, but I think you have to go with the odds in life.

I think he had a vehicle waiting close by, probably in a little path. By the time LE got there, he was out of the area. I suspect he doesn't live too far away, probably within a 1-2 hour drive. maybe even a little closer.

I think it was one person. someone completely infatuated with her. probably 'met' her at school. I bet she knew him or would at least have recognized him. Her family probably would not.

I think its time for LE to open up to the public, come clean, and ask for help! I am afraid they don't know anything and don't have anything to give us. I hope I am wrong, but its been 13 days, their method is not working.

I totally agree and i think they will find her near her home. I dont think he took her ANYWHERE! JMO

Capri
04-26-2011, 09:11 AM
My understanding is that they were LE K9's and I'm afraid they just aren't generally the best for a SAR job like this. A couple of things are going on here. First, they were working an area (around her house) that is highly contaminated by her own scent. It's where she lives, there are cross trails of hers all over the place from days-weeks earlier. This requires training for that scenario, which LE doesn't always do because they're looking for the suspect that just robbed a bank or broke into a house (not likely his own). Second, it seems very likely that she got in a car and once again this requires training. Most LE train for foot searches, they just don't have the time to add these things into there trainings. Add to that, not all dogs are good at getting out of that contamination zone, it's tough, and not all dogs can car trail (scent does weird things and is greatly reduced). Put all those factors together and there you go. Are there dogs that could do it? Absolutely. Does everyone train for these things? Nope....

Thanks, that explains a lot. Is it too late at this point to bring in trained k-9 teams with the right expertise, or has too much time passed? I don't want to think the worst, but my feeling is that she was never taken far, but whatever deed was done, was done fairly quickly, and she is still within miles of her house. Let's assume just for the sake of argument that if she was deceased, and within say 3-5 miles of home, would the appropriately trained dogs be able to track her still?

SDT
04-26-2011, 09:17 AM
I am trying to play catch up this morning, but I think it could possibly be her driver's license. It would definitely be identifiable and would survive the weather. Just a thought that popped in my head while here at my work computer.

Trino
04-26-2011, 09:20 AM
SNIPPED...

I completely agree that LE's methods are not working. I have not heard they have a POI in mind or have interviewed anyone. (Surely, this would be the case if they had any idea...) The searches have not found her; neither have the dogs. I get the feeling that, while LE wants to find H, they also want the credit for finding her. I suspect if tactics do not change that LE will face criticism in the near future.

Wondergirl
04-26-2011, 09:20 AM
I think the only info they could get
1. fingerprints.
2. direction of travel.

Now, if the phone was not tossed out the window, It could have been found at a 'switch over' location. Maybe he stopped to put her in the trunk or take her out of the trunk and dropped the phone. maybe he stopped to get ride of her belongings. I suspect he just threw it out the window.

LE would be able to obtain the Ping information for the phone from the time of abduction (which might be before 7:30 am, I might add), to the time of recovery of the phone.

That in turn could lead to new search areas, depending on the phone's location.

stilettos
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Good morning. Hoping and praying this is the day they find Holly.

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 09:24 AM

With so many prepaids these days, (and not just throw away phones, there are some pretty sophisticated ones that you can get with no contract on minute plans, monthly plans, just text or just data...so on) and us not knowing whether Holly was on a data plan or a prepaid, they might need the phone. For example, my phone is a decent model,not a smartphone, but has full web, slide out keyboard, video, camera, all the bells and whistles, and I'm on a prepaid plan. Why pay $100 a month, when I could pay $45 and not have to pay a deposit? If I were to go missing, because my phone is prepaid, they would need the phone to get anything, as nothing is banked, as far as incoming and outgoing info about my phone. So until we know what type of phone she had, and what kind of plan she was on, and whether the phone was actually recovered, we don't really know. It's possible they could need the phone itself to get anything.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:26 AM
When is this going to turn into a recovery mission?

I think they are beginning to look for a body. I don't think Holly is leaving clues.

I think she is most likely no longer alive.

I have to agree with you! I think she died last wed!

I think they have to go back to the beginning! I think she is where she screamed!

I wonder who called in the scream? I know they say it was a neighbor?

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:29 AM
With so many prepaids these days, (and not just throw away phones, there are some pretty sophisticated ones that you can get with no contract on minute plans, monthly plans, just text or just data...so on) and us not knowing whether Holly was on a data plan or a prepaid, they might need the phone. For example, my phone is a decent model,not a smartphone, but has full web, slide out keyboard, video, camera, all the bells and whistles, and I'm on a prepaid plan. Why pay $100 a month, when I could pay $45 and not have to pay a deposit? If I were to go missing, because my phone is prepaid, they would need the phone to get anything, as nothing is banked, as far as incoming and outgoing info about my phone. So until we know what type of phone she had, and what kind of plan she was on, and whether the phone was actually recovered, we don't really know. It's possible they could need the phone itself to get anything.

wow u pay $45.00??? and have web? how long will the 45.00 last ya? sorry to be OT LOL

I dont think they found her phone i think its something else.

WideOpen
04-26-2011, 09:29 AM
JMO
I havent closely followed many cases and missed the first few days of Holly disappearing. Seems to be lots of rumor even within the community. In my gut I have never doubted Holly was alive, I dont know why just a lack of the ominous feelings I get with so many others upon initial reports.
It also appears the towns folk support Holly being alive and I think the numbers of volunteers was supportive of this. For those of you who have followed this case very closely do you know if its possible that they have had communication with the perp or Holly. Could this have been a kidnapping for ransom plot by some youngsters gone wrong? This case seems to lack so many of the important details and lacks the fear factor and intense concern. Seems like locals and LE reports using words like "piece of the puzzle", "game", "and if you knew the rest of the story" are treading lightly on the abduction and perp. The mothers reactions, even planning a vacation for her when she comes home from this nightmare seems like we will all just look back at this as a bad dream.
They know who they are looking for. The cousin is a big star. Twenty four hour LE presence at the family home. Hollys items strewn around the area randomly sending everyone on goose chases. No bolo on vehicle or perp. The unusual reward amount from the governor. What are we missing in the big picture here?
JMO
Hope this makes sense.

SDT
04-26-2011, 09:30 AM

I am on the Sprint network and they do not show your incoming/outgoing texts on your bills anymore. I have asked many times for them to give me a print out and they say they can't. Is it possible the Bobo's are on a network where they don't get print outs of texts and LE could get this from the phone? Just trying to think outside the box. I personally think they could have found her driver's license.

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 09:31 AM
wow u pay $45.00??? and have web? how long will the 45.00 last ya?

O/T, but I pay 45 bucks a month for unlimited talk, text, and web. No contract, no deposit, just the cost of the phone when I bought it and then $45 for the month. SInce I'm in college myself and my credit sucks there was no way I was getting on a plan without shelling out a lot of money I didn't have.

NCSleuth
04-26-2011, 09:36 AM

I suspect with your phone number, they could get everything they needed about the phone. Your provider has to know the ESN of your phone so calls, text, etc can be sent to that phone. Im sure LE could contact your provider, give them your phone number, and get the ESN of your phone. That would tell them brand, model, etc.

Also, they would have records of pings, phone calls, etc. don't think they would need the actual phone to get that info.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
JMO
I havent closely followed many cases and missed the first few days of Holly disappearing. Seems to be lots of rumor even within the community. In my gut I have never doubted Holly was alive, I dont know why just a lack of the ominous feelings I get with so many others upon initial reports.
It also appears the towns folk support Holly being alive and I think the numbers of volunteers was supportive of this. For those of you who have followed this case very closely do you know if its possible that they have had communication with the perp or Holly. Could this have been a kidnapping for ransom plot by some youngsters gone wrong? This case seems to lack so many of the important details and lacks the fear factor and intense concern. Seems like locals and LE reports using words like "piece of the puzzle", "game", "and if you knew the rest of the story" are treading lightly on the abduction and perp. The mothers reactions, even planning a vacation for her when she comes home from this nightmare seems like we will all just look back at this as a bad dream.
They know who they are looking for. The cousin is a big star. Twenty four hour LE presence at the family home. Hollys items strewn around the area randomly sending everyone on goose chases. No bolo on vehicle or perp. The unusual reward amount from the governor. What are we missing in the big picture here?
JMO
Hope this makes sense.

Oh it makes sense and i agree we are lacking alot of information. I thought Kidnapping in the beginning but this is not a wealthy family, Moms a school teacher, Dad has a tree service, i saw what he makes a year, Its not alot.

so that leave what? A crime of passion! Anger!

Everyone loves her! Maybe someone Loved her a tad tooo much!

JMO

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:40 AM
I suspect with your phone number, they could get everything they needed about the phone. Your provider has to know the ESN of your phone so calls, text, etc can be sent to that phone. Im sure LE could contact your provider, give them your phone number, and get the ESN of your phone. That would tell them brand, model, etc.

Also, they would have records of pings, phone calls, etc. don't think they would need the actual phone to get that info.

They dont need the phone they can get that info!

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 09:44 AM

yes, but as far as things like texts sent and received, there would be no way to access that information without the phone. And I lose my phone number if I'm even one day late with the refill card for the month, so in the course of three months, that could be three different phone numbers that they would have to trace, if I were the sort that couldn't remember to refill my phone (the one downside to my phone provider). ALso, my name is not in anyway connected with the phone, so that would make it harder. There are a lot of plans out there like this one, so there's a lot of info that could slip through the cracks without the phone itself.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I am on the Sprint network and they do not show your incoming/outgoing texts on your bills anymore. I have asked many times for them to give me a print out and they say they can't. Is it possible the Bobo's are on a network where they don't get print outs of texts and LE could get this from the phone? Just trying to think outside the box. I personally think they could have found her driver's license.

They may not give it to u on your bill cause Lord help us my son has 1,800 texts a month and i dont think the company wants to put them on the bill lol when its all included if we paid pre text then that would be diff LOL JMO

Won'tforgetusername
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
"Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road? If they found one, I would say its almost a 100% chance its hers. Secondly, they would have gotten the ESN (basically the serial number) of her phone from the cell phone provider and would have been able to compare numbers in just a couple of minutes. They could decide 100% if it was hers or not. "

i don't know how to do the real quotes....but I copied this from an earlier post. They have found several phones/ pieces of phones along the highway. When they find one people are hopeful that it is hers.

It is not like finding a phone laying by your driveway in the suburbs, this is a highway where people are going >55mph. It could be a phone that someone inadvertently left on top of the car and then didn't realize that lost it.

On a funny note. They were searching near a place called double d's and they found a really big bra! It was obviously not hers because it was a 42 DD, but they wondered how someone lost that!

NCSleuth
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
The reward from the governor seemed strange to me too, so I looked it up. It has been done before in TN, so while unusual, its not unprecedented.

Governor stated, "In this case the district attorney involved asked us to, and he made a convincing case they thought it would be very helpful."

Based on that statement and all the other info, IMO that means the DA thinks its someone local and they have no clue who it is! They want to intice a friend to give the perp up. They think someone might have called in sick that day, came in late to work, missed school, etc., but they have no clue who it is.
thoughts?

SDT
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
They may not give it to u on your bill cause Lord help us my son has 1,800 texts a month and i dont think the company wants to put them on the bill lol when its all included if we paid pre text then that would be diff LOL JMO

Point taken :floorlaugh:

My fiance` and I both have a ton of texts too...maybe that is why Sprint "is no longer able to give me my text history". :waitasec:

Carla Lashelle
04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
"Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road?

Actually I have found a ton of phones. Find them on the sidewalk, at the stadium when I go to the restroom (people leave them in the stalls) etc. I used to take them aroudn town to their appropriate store and collect a phone bounty that they paid for turning in lost phones.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
"Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road? If they found one, I would say its almost a 100% chance its hers. Secondly, they would have gotten the ESN (basically the serial number) of her phone from the cell phone provider and would have been able to compare numbers in just a couple of minutes. They could decide 100% if it was hers or not. "

i don't know how to do the real quotes....but I copied this from an earlier post. They have found several phones/ pieces of phones along the highway. When they find one people are hopeful that it is hers.

It is not like finding a phone laying by your driveway in the suburbs, this is a highway where people are going >55mph. It could be a phone that someone inadvertently left on top of the car and then didn't realize that lost it.

On a funny note. They were searching near a place called double d's and they found a really big bra! It was obviously not hers because it was a 42 DD, but they wondered how someone lost that!

ThanK YOu for the Laugh!:floorlaugh:

WideOpen
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Continuing on my thought from last post.
We had a group of 9 (yes 9) high school football stars age 16-18, wealthy parents, supposedly great students who while partying came up with an idea to rob a grocery store at gun point. One boy was even the grandson of our former police chief and county sheriff. Needless to say all of their futures were ruined but shows how one bad seed can influence the others.
Could this be what is possibly going on here? A group of youngsters?

mrsu
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
willnunley Will Nunley
Even though volunteer searches are said to be limited now, authorities remain around the clock in Decatur County. #hollybobo

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Point taken :floorlaugh:

My fiance` and I both have a ton of texts too...maybe that is why Sprint "is no longer able to give me my text history". :waitasec:

I bought my son a new phone when my contract with the old phone ran out well the guy never told me what the phone did ok i got a bill for 3 thousand dollars.
yes i said $3,000.00 I had heart failure! I fought it cause the guy never told me
he could go online and i needed to get a monthly rate lol i wasnt the same for a month!

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Continuing on my thought from last post.
We had a group of 9 (yes 9) high school football stars age 16-18, wealthy parents, supposedly great students who while partying came up with an idea to rob a grocery store at gun point. One boy was even the grandson of our former police chief and county sheriff. Needless to say all of their futures were ruined but shows how one bad seed can influence the others.
Could this be what is possibly going on here? A group of youngsters?

For some reason i think they would have been caught by now!
when there is a group one always chickens out! I would think the parents would notice something! LOL Maybe not LOL

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Does anyone remember the movie Alpha Dog?

Carla Lashelle
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Continuing on my thought from last post. ..... Could this be what is possibly going on here? A group of youngsters?

This seems to be too well thought out for something a bunch of kids would do. Every time we have a big kid crime here its so pathetically bad they all get rounded up instantly. They cant plan, leave evidence, talk to their friends, put up videos on youtube, etc.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
The reward from the governor seemed strange to me too, so I looked it up. It has been done before in TN, so while unusual, its not unprecedented.

Governor stated, "In this case the district attorney involved asked us to, and he made a convincing case they thought it would be very helpful."

Based on that statement and all the other info, IMO that means the DA thinks its someone local and they have no clue who it is! They want to intice a friend to give the perp up. They think someone might have called in sick that day, came in late to work, missed school, etc., but they have no clue who it is.
thoughts?

Or it could be used to pay a randsome maybe if there was one! JMO

WideOpen
04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh it makes sense and i agree we are lacking alot of information. I thought Kidnapping in the beginning but this is not a wealthy family, Moms a school teacher, Dad has a tree service, i saw what he makes a year, Its not alot.

so that leave what? A crime of passion! Anger!

Everyone loves her! Maybe someone Loved her a tad tooo much!

JMO

Exactly why my thought that these are youngsters, they would focus on Holly because she is popular in the community and her cousin is a star. IDK just the way immature brains work, its not about the money its about carrying out a crime they concocted.

gngr~snap
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
O/T I was wondering where I left my Bra! :floorlaugh:

on topic :
Did I misunderstand? Was Holly just going to school that day or was she supposed to be taking her boards that day?

T4Tide
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet. But, this 20-yr.-old man emerged from the Smoky Mountains National Park, saying he had been drugged and kidnapped by 3 men. LE is now saying that his story is not true and there is a charge of filing a false report. He was on his way to bible school. Oddly enough he was reported "missing" on April 14, the day after Holly was missing and I have to wonder if he is involved:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-Smokies-now-charged

Just wondering though, do you think it is possible that this boy could be last seen on the 12th at 10pm and make it to TN, pick Holly, set up his crime, etc by Wednesday morning?

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I really don't think it's a group, first of all because the only documented witness has said there was only one guy in sight, and that one guy was seemingly able to control her pretty well on his own. i think by now, after 13 days, if there were more than one person someone would have cracked.

And it's hard enough to figure out how one local managed to not have anyone notice they were mysteriously absent at the time she disappeared, but for there to be three or four or more, I don't see how. Not impossible, but unlikely in my eyes.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Exactly why my thought that these are youngsters, they would focus on Holly because she is popular in the community and her cousin is a star. IDK just the way immature brains work, its not about the money its about carrying out a crime they concocted.

I understand what you are saying but ......If these are kids im sure they know they are in very serious trouble.... I just dont see it sorry. But hey this is why we are here to discuss.

Mountain_Kat
04-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Any news or updates this morning?

concentric
04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
2nd post about this guy, in case you all didn't read my 1st one this a.m.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166...es-now-charged

In a week's span of time it seems to me that anyone with a vehicle could have gotten to Great Smoky Mountain National Park from TN. JMO.

Shollenberger
04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
I am also in the well planned/intelligent perp camp. I also believe the perp had planned this on a day in which a line of very strong storms were coming through (this was predicted days in advance) to ensure potential evidence was virtually eliminated.

not_my_kids
04-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I wonder how intensively the cousin has been interviewed about stalkers...she is well known in some circles, and there were people that were very offended when Whitney Duncan left Nashville Star. It doesn't take much to get an obsessed fan these days, and Whitney is talented and very pretty. And Holly looks a lot like her, there are a lot of pictures of them together, and Whitney says they were like sisters. Maybe someone saw her as a suitable Whitney substitute, because there was no way to actually get to Whitney? Just thinking out loud.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Just wondering though, do you think it is possible that this boy could be last seen on the 12th at 10pm and make it to TN, pick Holly, set up his crime, etc by Wednesday morning?

NOPE! Something fishy there for sure but i think he was just afraid to go home.
What was he doing up there in those mountains? I think he took offf maybe was going to run away changed his mind and well .....Maybe he was with a girl..

there have been many times girls have come up with the same story only to finally tell the truth they were afriad to go home... cause they were off with the BF for 3 days ...

Kamille
04-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Regarding finding her phone and what it could potentially reveal, if she had a smartphone, and most young people do these days, it could reveal a lot of info. Smartphones are mini computers. Any internet surfing or social networking she may have done via her smart phone in the days or weeks leading up to this will be available. If she had any contact with this person via internet/social networking prior to this, it will likely be on her phone. I still have to believe that she would not have followed a complete stranger into the woods without some kind of fight or noise...likely dropping her belongings in the process. I think she was lured in there somehow, either as a request to help someone or by someone she knew who wanted to show her something. GPS location data will likely also be available from the files on the actual phone.

MOO

curiousc
04-26-2011, 10:12 AM
This seems to be too well thought out for something a bunch of kids would do. Every time we have a big kid crime here its so pathetically bad they all get rounded up instantly. They cant plan, leave evidence, talk to their friends, put up videos on youtube, etc.

I think it is a perp or perps in their early 20's and could it be a parent is helping them cover? I also think that LE knows who it is which is why they remain so tight lipped. IMO

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:12 AM

In a week's span of time it seems to me that anyone with a vehicle could have gotten to Great Smoky Mountain National Park from TN. JMO.

I cant get that link its not working

curiousc
04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Actually I have found a ton of phones. Find them on the sidewalk, at the stadium when I go to the restroom (people leave them in the stalls) etc. I used to take them aroudn town to their appropriate store and collect a phone bounty that they paid for turning in lost phones.

If it's the phone that was found, it could be that the color of it is not as popular as others and that is why there is more of a chance that it is Holly's.

Skully
04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
This would be a long shot, but would they be able to see who was not in class the day Holly was at school? I don't know if attendance is required, but they could maybe narrow it down to anyone in one of her classes. Then maybe look at any video footage for the campus to see if anything is caught on tape, in the parking lots or around the school. It would be a huge undertaking but sometimes it is out there, on a video. Maybe even where she eats or shops, if the mom or friends know any of the activities she did prior to April 12th or so? This person was absent from work or school or the home and maybe someone will put 2 + 2 together.

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:21 AM

Maybe He REALLY didnt want to go to bible school!

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
This would be a long shot, but would they be able to see who was not in class the day Holly was at school? I don't know if attendance is required, but they could maybe narrow it down to anyone in one of her classes. Then maybe look at any video footage for the campus to see if anything is caught on tape, in the parking lots or around the school. It would be a huge undertaking but sometimes it is out there, on a video. Maybe even where she eats or shops, if the mom or friends know any of the activities she did prior to April 12th or so? This person was absent from work or school or the home and maybe someone will put 2 + 2 together.

Maybe he didnt miss a beat of his life! One hour it maybe took him!
he leave his house at 6 gets to holly 730 gone back home by 9 off to work or school at 10....

It may not be so complicated...

Eileen730
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM

I dont know i think it was a test day they could see who took it and who didnt!

ensht
04-26-2011, 10:34 AM
JMO
JMO
Hope this makes sense.

I believe everyone there knows the perp(s). I applaud the community for being mostly so quiet about it. MOO, again MOO but I think there's a way better shot she's alive than would be normal in a case like this at this stage.

willnunley Will Nunley
Even though volunteer searches are said to be limited now, authorities remain around the clock in Decatur County. #hollybobo

As expected.

The great thing about 2011, everyone has a camera or web camera. I really hope LE subpoenaed all of the webcam and security camera data from all the ATM's in the area along 69/parsons, all of the donut shops, convenience stores and everything else that surround the site where the phone/evidence was dumped.

I ultimately think this is about finding her one way or the other, not finding enough evidence to put away a perp. IMO they've probably already got enough for that.

DNeecie
04-26-2011, 10:37 AM

Does anyone have a working link for this story?

Gapstow
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Ok i got it they are listening to the weather did you click on the listen tab on the right now downed trees lol ill keep ya posted

Hi Slueths!

This is my first post. I have read all the threads to catch up, plus, reading all the rules and etiquette of these forums. Phew....a lot of reading!

You guys are great! :rocker: I am so glad this forum is available to discuss our ideas.

Anyhoo, I have been listening and did hear him talk about the case. I just don't think I can post what he said because there is not a link to back up his words (transcripts).

He had some inneresting things to say!

~Gapstow :)

wfgodot
04-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Does anyone have a working link for this story?

wfgodot
04-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Hello Gapstow, and welcome to WS.

jadejazzkayla
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
yes, but as far as things like texts sent and received, there would be no way to access that information without the phone. And I lose my phone number if I'm even one day late with the refill card for the month, so in the course of three months, that could be three different phone numbers that they would have to trace, if I were the sort that couldn't remember to refill my phone (the one downside to my phone provider). ALso, my name is not in anyway connected with the phone, so that would make it harder. There are a lot of plans out there like this one, so there's a lot of info that could slip through the cracks without the phone itself.

if holly's phone is the prepaid service provider i use - knowing her phone number - one could get all transmissions from the phone records. This includes phone numbers the phone missed, dialed and received - addresses texts were sent to and received from as well as the amount of data used (which includes web use). it will also show and addresses pictures msg were sent to and received from.

They charge $5 for a printout of a 30 day record.

I recently had to go thru this process. For verification purpose, my service provider asked me for two phone numbers dialed using the phone.

Gapstow
04-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello Gapstow, and welcome to WS.

Thanks wfgodot!!! :tyou:

greengreen
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm really struggling with it being her cell phone that was found. There have been many cell phones found on these searches. Most were ones that volunteer searchers had dropped.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I think it is a perp or perps in their early 20's and could it be a parent is helping them cover? I also think that LE knows who it is which is why they remain so tight lipped. IMO

I tend to agree!

froginTtown
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
maybe she tried to use her phone after he left her somewhere and she couldn't get a signal... so she typed up a text, saved it in hopes that she could send it once she could get a signal... but he found her phone and disposed of it...not realizing to check the "to be sent text".. I have a couple stored in my phone...
that would certainly give the mom hope...

Dr. Know?
04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
I tried to think of what it could be other than her cell phone and thought maybe it was someone from that area/business that had checked their surveillance camera tapes on Saturday and called in the tip. That would be very promising. Maybe they could see something was thrown out or they wanted to have the searchers search for any little thing that could be Holly's or the perp's. Just a guess.

mrsu
04-26-2011, 11:04 AM
I haven't followed too many cases. I'm wondering if there has ever been a case where the victim was found and LE didn't notify the public immediately? Or is that totally unheard of?

Daisyjane
04-26-2011, 11:04 AM
if holly's phone is the prepaid service provider i use - knowing her phone number - one could get all transmissions from the phone records. This includes phone numbers the phone missed, dialed and received - addresses texts were sent to and received from as well as the amount of data used (which includes web use). it will also show and addresses pictures msg were sent to and received from.

They charge $5 for a printout of a 30 day record.

I recently had to go thru this process. For verification purpose, my service provider asked me for two phone numbers dialed using the phone.

I had a commoncents mobile phone (prepaid service) for awhile. You can go into the account, using a password, and obtain complete records of all inbound and outbound usage right online.

wfgodot
04-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I haven't followed too many cases. I'm wondering if there has ever been a case where the victim was found and LE didn't notify the public immediately? Or is that totally unheard of?

Totally unheard of, at least by me.

concentric
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Just FYI:

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/directions.htm#CP_JUMP_49420

dsntslp
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Pardon the interruption but a Levee has been breached in Poplar Bluff, MO. Evacuation notice.

Poplar Bluff, MO Levee Break! Evacuate Now - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I will post this on the top 3 busiest threads. Thanks.

Fix link : Poplar Bluff, MO Levee Break! Evacuate Now - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

WideOpen
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Is there another mother/family in the community who is devastated and waiting to get word from their son?
They already know who the perp is? But just dont know where he is? Do they have property in the search areas? His last pings came from these area? He is known to hunt or camp in the search area. Is someone (family) doing all they can to help LE find/pinpoint him?
Has he called his mother/family and is that where the tip came from leading LE to the Eaton plant? Did the tipster hear it with her own ears from her son that Holly was alive?
JMO, lots of unanswered questions
Lets pray Holly comes home today!

CuriousBystander
04-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Not that anyone cares, but since others have posted their opinions, I'll add mine. As for the item of "significance" - if it made the parents happy, as has been indicated numerous times, I would think it would be some method of communication which indicates Holly is still alive or was alive later than the initial date of the kidnapping. Such items include - a cell phone with usage records, photos, or memos dated after that date OR handwritten or other communication from Holly indicating she is still alive or her whereabouts. The only other thing I can think of that would make me happy as a parent would be an item that helped point to her location or helped ID the perp. In other words, something that confirmed LE or family suspicions of her whereabouts or her abductor. Not sure what that would include.

As a parent, another random item of personal property wouldn't mean much. The key is knowing she would still be alive, who took her, and where she was.

TxLady2
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM

Grandmaj, nursing school is pretty tough the first months. In Texas, they don't usually encourage the students to have even a part time job, because the last few months they are in clinicals, and those are done at odd shifts, sometimes at night. Plus, they have a lot of studying to do between classes and clinicals. It's pretty hard to work around a job and nursing school, so I'm told.

DNeecie
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Will Nunley
Sheriff: volunteer-led searches for #hollybobo have been called off for today and tomorrow. Weather concerns.

CuriousBystander
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
As for identifying her cell phone, this is simple as has been previously mentioned. BUT, simply knowing it is hers, doesn't accomplish anything other that identify a location that she and/or the perp were at. The time they were there is still not known, nor was the purpose of disposing of the item.

chasing.halos
04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Gapstow- :wagon: !!!!!! It's wonderful to have you here.

ThoughtFox
04-26-2011, 11:26 AM

The only delay is usually if the person is deceased and they are waiting to notify next of kin. Otherwise they will always tell the public when someone is found, even if they don't release details right away.

ensht
04-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I doubt it COULD be kept quiet, in this 24 hour news, 200 channel, social networking, phone-in-everyones-pocket day and age. True but he wasn't saying she was found just that her status was known. Two different things.

Is there another mother/family in the community who is devastated and waiting to get word from their son?
They already know who the perp is? But just dont know where he is? Do they have property in the search areas? His last pings came from these area? He is known to hunt or camp in the search area. Is someone (family) doing all they can to help LE find/pinpoint him?
Has he called his mother/family and is that where the tip came from leading LE to the Eaton plant? Did the tipster hear it with her own ears from her son that Holly was alive?
JMO, lots of unanswered questions
Lets pray Holly comes home today!

All very possible. Her moms comments about being relieved were puzzling. I guess in retrospect the only way I'd be relieved is if I heard from her or knew otherwise she was alive?

OldSteve
04-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Trying to catch up - so many posts, and a new thread since yesterday...

Someone in the previous thread was wondering about the scattering of evidence... why that would be done...

If that's still a topic, my though would be it shows a person who once had a run-in with LE and while he may not have record, he is upset with them and wants to have them run around in an effort to make them look foolish...

Daisyjane
04-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Grandmaj, nursing school is pretty tough the first months. In Texas, they don't usually encourage the students to have even a part time job, because the last few months they are in clinicals, and those are done at odd shifts, sometimes at night. Plus, they have a lot of studying to do between classes and clinicals. It's pretty hard to work around a job and nursing school, so I'm told.

Plus, in such a small town, in such a lousy economy, there's likely few opportunities. Or maybe Holly helped out in her father's business; that would be flexible enough to accommodate nursing school, studying, hospital duty.

chasing.halos
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
i've followed lots of cases, and never heard of LE finding someone and not notifying the public.

there's no way they could get away with allowing the public to come out to search while they're sitting there with the victim...

Actually I believe they had found sweet lil Kiesha Abrahams body and did not let the public know. They waited for the parents to visit her makeshift grave where they promptly arrested them.

Found Deceased Australia - Kiesha Abrahams, 6, Sydney, 31 July 2010 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Gapstow
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Gapstow- :wagon: !!!!!! It's wonderful to have you here.

Hiya chasing.halos! Thanks for the warm welcome! :greetings:

norest4thewicked
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Weather is pretty bad and supposed to get worse tonight and the worst tomorrow, so I wouldn't expect the searchers to be back out until Thursday at the earliest.

CuriousBystander
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm personally thinking that scattering of the evidence, if done by the perp, was not done to lead anyone in any particular direction or throw anyone off his trail. More than likely, he had all her stuff, and he wanted to lighten his load, and lessen the chance of that stuff leading him into a confrontation with LE. Rather than pull up to a car wash or fast-food restaurant and dump a lunch bag, purse, backpack, books, cell phone, etc. all at once, these items could be scattered in garbage cans, dumpsters, and on the side of the road all over the place.

Just a thought.

mysticrose
04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Well I think LE will be able to gleen alot of information from Holly's cell phone, if that is what indeed was found. They should be able to look at all calls in and out, texts, possibly pings showing movement of the perp, and we could only hope fingerprints from the person who may have snagged her. Just all Moo of course

Skully
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm personally thinking that scattering of the evidence, if done by the perp, was not done to lead anyone in any particular direction or throw anyone off his trail. More than likely, he had all her stuff, and he wanted to lighten his load, and lessen the chance of that stuff leading him into a confrontation with LE. Rather than pull up to a car wash or fast-food restaurant and dump a lunch bag, purse, backpack, books, cell phone, etc. all at once, these items could be scattered in garbage cans, dumpsters, and on the side of the road all over the place.

Just a thought.

You are probably right, if he knew road blocks were up and LE was checking cars, trucks for evidence of Holly, he would have to get rid of stuff as he drove. If that were the case, I think Holly would then be south of where he was heading.

TxLady2
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
i've followed lots of cases, and never heard of LE finding someone and not notifying the public.

there's no way they could get away with allowing the public to come out to search while they're sitting there with the victim...

Well, their first concern is to notify the family, if the person can be ID'd right away. And I think in most cases, it's the media who find out and notify the public, since they all have scanners and "eyes and ears" everywhere. But no, I don't think they would want people to be out there still searching if a person had been found yesterday or a few days ago. Unless somebody else is missing from the same area.