PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

Pages : [1] 2

imamaze
04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site
Please continue here!

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
first!

:giggle:

O/T -

On the previous thread, a couple of posters popped on tonight to say "what's been up today?". They said they hadn't been able to be on Holly's Forum b/c they'd spent the last few days in the basement.

So here, I'm thinking ... what is happening in the basement that people can't get back to Holly's Forum for days? ("basement" being our nickname here at WS for the private area of WS - parking lot / jury room, etc...) So ... out of curiousity, I go check out the WS basement. Nothing out of the normal. Nothing to keep peeps away from Holly for days. So I come back. Read some more weather posts on Holly's Forum...

And finally it hits me. :doh:

These poor peeps have been in their OWN basements hiding from Tornados. :crazy:

Goodness gracious! Forgive me for being so slow, my fellow posters. I hope you & your loved ones have stayed safe and will continue to safely ride this out. We miss you and look forward to your return.

:heart:

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
THP: no volunteer-led searches tomorrow for #hollybobo as authorities wait for flood waters to calm

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

bringing this forward

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 09:37 PM
:slapfight:
first!

:giggle:

lol Emma!

iluvmua
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Anything new?

grandmaj
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Rumors Holly was found

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

belimom
From the end of the last thread... Can someone please summarize a few important things from the past couple of days? I scanned Nunley's twitters but couldn't make heads or tails about what was important or not. So for those of us who haven't been able to follow nonstop or read back over the past 3-4 threads, it would be great if someone could highlight a few things.

Thank you!
:tyou:

AmandaReckonwith
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
2 weeks now.

Case archive:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly%20Bobo%20%20-TN-/

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 09:41 PM
bringing this forward as well from MIL

(((thanks MIL)))

MILofForensicSpecTBI

News channel 3 Memphis just reported that investigators are getting closer.....members of the family as well as others close to the family have had their finger and palm prints taken.

AmandaReckonwith
04-27-2011, 09:42 PM
From the end of the last thread... Can someone please summarize a few important things from the past couple of days? I scanned Nunley's twitters but couldn't make heads or tails about what was important or not. So for those of us who haven't been able to follow nonstop or read back over the past 3-4 threads, it would be great if someone could highlight a few things.

Thank you!

There isn't anything to highlight since Sunday when searchers on the ground "made a significant find". The rest is rumor.

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM

Thank you!

here is the block of tweets around the time of the "significant item" discovery. I hope this helps you bmom

eta: they read from the bottom up in terms of time

As the last of the search parties go out for the night, crews begin to organize and plan for tomorrow. #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
The volunteer center is all but empty as available crews rush onto buses. #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
"we don't have time to waste" as searchers rush to board bus http://bit.ly/giCyVx #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Organizer: this is the latest (in the evening) that a new search has been organized. #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Dispatch: call for all available search teams on foot comes at the direction of the THP #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Authorizes have not assembled many new searches this late in the day. #hollybobo #teamholly
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Breaking: Dispatch: Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters just dispatched for a specialized foot search. #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Authorities will not disclose the item discovered. #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Volunteer: this new discovery is powering heightened search efforts for another day. #hollybobo
24 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Source: a 'significant' item was recovered by volunteers within the past 12 hours. #hollybobo
24 Apr
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

(((I am purty sure that was not CW infringment as the man has over 1000 tweets))))

norest4thewicked
The weather has definitely been a drawback in searching. I had to go to my basement twice today from the tornado sirens going off.

cluciano63
The only news I've seen in days is relating to the weather, as far as requests for searchers being put off until at least Friday.

norest4thewicked
04-27-2011, 09:45 PM
The only news I've seen in days is relating to the weather, as far as requests for searchers being put off until at least Friday.

Yep! It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, but maybe they are too saturated. OR, maybe they are working on another aspect of the case (hopefully)!

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Thank you!
beli....you can read right on past my post/opinions and see Nunley's twitter posts in order which may help and a few other links are there as well.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Yep! It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, but maybe they are too saturated. OR, maybe they are working on another aspect of the case (hopefully)!

will said due to flooding... (perhaps areas of interest have too much water)

halted due to flooding..http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 09:54 PM
bringing another MIL post forward ((as so many had asked this question))

Today, 07:40 PM
MILofForensicSpecTBI

Also, does anyone know if the Bobos have a dog and if so, if it is an indoor or outdoor pet?

They have two dogs, a golden retriever and a small dog.....no idea if they're inside or outside pets.

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM

Thank you!

belimom,

do you know about the Easter Sunday significant find activity and the narrowing of the investigation and the developing poi's and parents' attempted visit to thank searchers?

if so, then you know just about everything that's not conjecture around here...

belimom
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
belimom,

do you know about the Easter Sunday significant find activity and the narrowing of the investigation and the developing poi's and parents' attempted visit to thank searchers?

if so, then you know just about everything that's not conjecture around here...

Thanks, everyone - yes, I knew about the 'significant find' and had kind of gotten hints about the rest. The part that nurse posted about the palmprints, etc, was something I had seen referenced but had no idea where it came from. Is that a rumor at this point?

(Sorry to ask for updates, especially when so many of you have followed this case endlessly. But due to traveling - and only 3G internet - as well as more skin cancer stuff, I've gotten way behind - so thanks for the updates. :))

nursebeeme
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks, everyone - yes, I knew about the 'significant find' and had kind of gotten hints about the rest. The part that nurse posted about the palmprints, etc, was something I had seen referenced but had no idea where it came from. Is that a rumor at this point?

(Sorry to ask for updates, especially when so many of you have followed this case endlessly. But due to traveling - and only 3G internet - as well as more skin cancer stuff, I've gotten way behind - so thanks for the updates. :))
MIL stated/posted that she heard it on her local news..

greengreen
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Does anyone have any links about the scripture that was/is supposedly on the t-shirts that were/are being sold? I've been searching my butt off for any links referencing Holly's favorite bible verse being on the shirts. I came across a brief reference to it on WS and didn't save the link. I ran across a mention of her favorite verse on this site http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804
Quote:
While in middle school, Bobo was elected “best liked” by her classmates, reported Bromley. Her favorite verse is Philippines 4:13, he added.
but still find the details rather vague on all this. Just wondering how it all evolved and how we got wind of it in the first place .

I'm trying not to think too much about the verse location (4:13) but it IS kind of hard to forget about it. Just a coincidence?

greengreen....have you seen the t-shirts? Do you know if, and what, scripture is on the back of them?

I have one on. It's Philippians 4:13. I started wondering about church too as bad as I hate to say it.

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh.

On the "lighter" side.

We did see a photo of Holly's College.
It was bigger than my house. But it's not bigger than greengreen's.

And Holly's favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13, which is a favorite scripture for many.

There's a nice TV interview with the head of TBI from yesterday, I think. He was excited about the significant find.

Apart from that, we've been shamelessly complaining and wondering out loud about everything we know nothing about and trying to dream up good reasons TBI won't tell us anything, and generally thinking good thoughts for Holly and her family.

mrsu
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Rumors Holly was found

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

I'm carrying this over from the last thread....**a mod has cleared us to discuss this. Thank you!

Okay....let's CONSIDER for a minute that Holly was safe and that LE has not made the information public in order to detain the suspects.

I mean, if Holly is safe, wouldn't she be able to lead LE right to those involved?

Under what circumstances, considering the above, would we still NOT know the suspects or persons of interest?

While I would love for her to be safe, I can't see how a move would not have been made by now. Why would LE take such a big risk? Can we brainstorm/discuss this?

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Does anyone have any links about the scripture that was/is supposedly on the t-shirts that were/are being sold? I've been searching my butt off for any links referencing Holly's favorite bible verse being on the shirts. I came across a brief reference to it on WS and didn't save the link. I ran across a mention of her favorite verse on this site http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3804
Quote:
While in middle school, Bobo was elected “best liked” by her classmates, reported Bromley. Her favorite verse is Philippines 4:13, he added.
but still find the details rather vague on all this. Just wondering how it all evolved and how we got wind of it in the first place .

I'm trying not to think too much about the verse location (4:13) but it IS kind of hard to forget about it. Just a coincidence?

greengreen....have you seen the t-shirts? Do you know if, and what, scripture is on the back of them?

I have one on. It's Philippians 4:13. I started wondering about church too as bad as I hate to say it.

Mucho thanks for that info green :blowkiss:

grandmaj
04-27-2011, 10:09 PM

Rumors Holly was found

Now what I'm trying to avoid is us discussing rumors. Bounce off of this article and use it to discuss the fact that the TBI is saying they have no information indicating she is either alive or dead and that Holly has not been found.

You can discuss the TBI's comments and what it makes you believe however.

I think they are onto something and being very cautious but I think it is clear they at this point don't know if Holly is alive or deceased.

greengreen
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
green green and other locals:

Have the volunteer searchers been kept only searching areas that are are in the open or in the woods in groups? Leaving abandoned enclosures and interior locations up to LE and professional searchers to search, due to the potential of locating a possible hideaway or crime scene that would be a much higher risk factor to searchers?

I am sure this amazing community has been impacted greatly and while they would normally be hunting, most are out looking for Holly when they can-has there been a ban on turkey hunting in this county and other perimeter counties while the search is ongoing? Maybe to preserve possible evidence and keep the searchers safe? I know the weather has been awful lately, but when it is betterare people not hunting, or are they encouraged to do so if they wish and report if they spot anything unusual?

Also, does anyone know if the Bobos have a dog and if so, if it is an indoor or outdoor pet?

Thanks, sorry if these have been asked and answered before-trying to catch up but sooo many posts I cannot keep up with all info!

Personally I have looked everywhere. Roadside, fields, woods, abandoned structures and structures that were not abandoned but were not attached to a house we would ask the owner if it was ok.

I think there might have been a few people hunting. That first weekend it is doubtful anyone was that is a local. Last weekend was Easter so Sunday probably was not a big hunting day anyway. Weekends are obviously the more common time to hunt. There was one turkey hunter and they found his car with camo in it and a warm hood. I bet he didn't go back turkey hunting after they found him lol I would think anyone that hunts in the areas that are being searched is not hunting. It's not like you are going to see a big gobbler walking by with hundreds of people trampling through the woods.

I do not know about a pet.

Rallihanna
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Hope we hear something more soon... interest in the case is waning which is too bad.

EyeonPrize
04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I've come full circle with this and am back to asking myself.....why take her on a Tuesday? Between 7:30-8:00 am?.........in the middle of nowhere practically :waitasec:.

That is why I think the brother is innocent. No one expects a crime to be commited at this time in the morning. If he heard something unusual while in the shower, the sound would be muffled and who thinks a crime is being comitted at this early time of day in sunlight???

If the Bobos doo have dogs (I asked and someone said yes recently), I think the dogs were kept indoors (esp since it is hunting season) it is possible the brother was in the shower and sounds were muffled. I think the dogs were inside and have a better sense of sound/smell and heard a struggle outside and barked and tried to alert CB. CB may have glanced out the window to see what caused the dogs to bark AFTER he got out of the shower (but who thinks a crime or abduction at 7-8 am in a rural area). He could have glanced out the window, thought he saw Holly and her BF walking into the woods, no biggie-dogs were letting him know someone not living in the house was there-may not be uncommon during hunting season when other people and ATVS may be common. In the meantime, he could have started his morning ritual, put in contacts, clothes, hair, got ready and went into a main area of the house where the dogs are kept and seen the dogs still acting oddly or howling/going crazy scratching at the door and this tipped him off they were still upset over something-maybe they were scratching at the door to go out. He opens the door to take them out to see what is bothering them so badly-maybe just an animal in his mind, maybe he notices Holly's car is still there, and if there were just small "specks of blood" maybe the dogs sniffed and led him to the blood-would also explain how he found a small amount of blood not easily visible to the human eye-esp from a window-if it is true it was just a very small amount of blood. The dogs could have led him to it and it would explain how he found a tiny amount of blood (the dogs found it and led him to it-he did not spot it)and then realized the problem-for those who wonder how he could have seen a tiny amount of blood on his own. Dog senses of smell and hearing are so much incredibly stronger than humans. As someone who has owned many dogs and considers them family for 20 plus years, this is exactly how I could see this play out. Anyone that owns dogs knows that at least the alpha dog who is in protection mode has certain different barks he/she use to alert to danger or creatures or people on the dog's property and the alpha dog will bark and get attention until he/she gets you to pay attention to the needs or follow until the dog can show you what is so upsetting to him/her-even if just a squirrel-the alpha dog is trying to alert you to something. If the Bobos do have dogs, I think they could have heard a struggle and tried to alert CB that morning and eventually helped lead CB outside with their strong sense of smell or jut upset howling where he noticed the blood and car still there. Add in the dogs acting crazy, spots of blood. and his brief spotting of Holly and the man near the woods he initially thought was the BF, he then knew something was terribly wrong and called family and/or 911.

Sorry if this has been discussed before-new here on this thread and I have tried to follow for the past three days and thousands of posts-it would take me a month to catch up.

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Now what I'm trying to avoid is us discussing rumors. Bounce off of this article and use it to discuss the fact that the TBI is saying they have no information indicating she is either alive or dead and that Holly has not been found.

You can discuss the TBI's comments and what it makes you believe however.

I think they are onto something and being very cautious but I think it is clear they at this point don't know if Holly is alive or deceased.

I heard a rumor that grandmaj posted some rumors and told us not to discuss them. :waitasec:

:skip:

:okay:

:gomods:

it's a thankless job, but you guys do it so well
and thanks anyway.

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
I heard a rumor that grandmaj posted some rumors and told us not to discuss them. :waitasec:

:skip:

Dang....now you got me worried if I was posting rumors......roflmao :waitasec:.

cluciano63
04-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Well, there really is not much else to discuss at this point...just going back over everything already discussed :(

katiemadonna
04-27-2011, 10:28 PM
LOL Emma
:skip::bananapartyhat::great:

mistivon
04-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Geez, I'm slow.
Favorite verse 4/13
abducted 4/13
weird

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 10:36 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't much care for this statement.

It negates the idea that the Easter find has anything to do with giving an indication that Holly may be alive.

But why did she preface it all with "To My Knowledge"? :sleuth:
Like, that's one of the world's biggest qualifiers and/or disclaimer preface clauses. They train you to talk like that in Statements and Depositions 101. Also in Consulting work.

:banghead:

I notice she said "is" - which is absolute - and so, of course, she must say they have no absolute indications.

If she had said "may" in place of "is", we'd have a different statement. Possibly.

BeanE would just beat on me if she was here. But she's not. I hope she knows she's missed.

cluciano63
04-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I never got the impression from Sunday that there was evidence that Holly was alive, with whatever was found...does anyone have a link to someone saying that? Thanks. (I thought there was optimism simply because something new was found, after many days of nothing...and the hopes it would be lead somewhere.)

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, there really is not much else to discuss at this point...just going back over everything already discussed :(
I truly hate to admit it but.....you are right. I kind of feel like though if I/we stop talking about her the energy of the investigation will start to wain as well. I know it's been 2 weeks and the odds are generally not good for victim survival BUT.....for some reason......I believe it's possible she is still alive. There have been many, many searches and nothing dire or indicative of a murder has shown up....as far as we know, so that's a positive.

It appears the searches/focus seem to be more concentrated in the Darden/Parsons area and have not moved outward from that area as far as we know. Does that tell us something?

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
I never got the impression from Sunday that there was evidence that Holly was alive, with whatever was found...does anyone have a link to someone saying that? Thanks. (I thought there was optimism simply because something new was found, after many days of nothing...and the hopes it would be lead somewhere.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN Holly Bobo case- pics only- no discussion

Hi clu!

You may have seen this newscast already, but I'll just link it here for the thread.

The TBI rep interviewed was very optimistic about the investigation because of the "significant find" and agreed it could be a game-changer.

He didn't say it was evidence that Holly was alive.

greengreen
04-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Oh.

On the "lighter" side.

We did see a photo of Holly's College.
It was bigger than my house. But it's not bigger than greengreen's.

And Holly's favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13, which is a favorite scripture for many.

There's a nice TV interview with the head of TBI from yesterday, I think. He was excited about the significant find.

Apart from that, we've been shamelessly complaining and wondering out loud about everything we know nothing about and trying to dream up good reasons TBI won't tell us anything, and generally thinking good thoughts for Holly and her family.

My 2nd laugh for the day. Guess I should have told y'all how big my house is lol

cluciano63
04-27-2011, 10:46 PM
I truly hate to admit it but.....you are right. I kind of feel like though if I/we stop talking about her the energy of the investigation will start to wain as well. I know it's been 2 weeks and the odds are generally not good for victim survival BUT.....for some reason......I believe it's possible she is still alive. There have been many, many searches and nothing dire or indicative of a murder has shown up....as far as we know, so that's a positive.

It appears the searches/focus seem to be more concentrated in the Darden/Parsons area and have not moved outward from that area as far as we know. Does that tell us something?

I don't know if it tells us anything or not. If she was taken in a car, as seems likely, why stay in the area? Makes no sense. If the items were disposed of to make LE think they are in the area, it is working. And meanwhile, he could be in California, with Holly left along the way or still with him.

I like to have faith in LE, but so many cases that seem so promising suddenly screech to a halt, it is frustrating. There is just no way to know if they are on a valid trail or just think they are.

MSSB
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
After 2 weeks I think I am just as lost as Holly because of the lack of information:maddening:

Rallihanna
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I just have this feeling that when we are finally told everything - if that even occurs - much of what we think is known on this case won't be accurate.

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 10:56 PM
I just have this feeling that when we are finally told everything - if that even occurs - much of what we think is known on this case won't be accurate.
Wow!!!......hmmmm :waitasec:.

grandmaj
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM

It negates the idea that the Easter find has anything to do with giving an indication that Holly may be alive.

Like, that's one of the world's biggest qualifiers and/or disclaimer preface clauses. They train you to talk like that in Statements and Depositions 101. Also in Consulting work.

I notice she said "is" - which is absolute - and so, of course, she must say they have no absolute indications.

If she had said "may" in place of "is", we'd have a different statement. Possibly.

BeanE would just beat on me if she was here. But she's not. I hope she knows she's missed.

You know how I read that entire statement? They have a theory, they just don't know where Holly is or if she is alive. I bet this case breaks in the coming days. Someone has shown their hand. MOO

Rallihanna
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
I just think we all believe stuff like the "being led into the woods" but then we hear that the dogs didn't pick up any scents (now that was just a report and could've been wrong). It definitely makes it hard to sleuth when we don't know which direction to go in!

MSSB
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
You know how I read that entire statement? They have a theory, they just don't know where Holly is or if she is alive. I bet this case breaks in the coming days. Someone has shown their hand. MOO

I sure hope so! I pray she has beat the odds and is safe.

greengreen
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Oh that TBI lady said "to my knowledge" which only has to mean she has not physically seen Holly. Would still be really hard to pull off but hey stranger things have happened. If she is alive I don't think she is able to talk (coma, traumatized, what have you) or she does not know who it was.

The Bible Verse: I thought it was her mom's favorite verse then I read it was Holly's. Either way if you ask a young person to quote their favorite Bible verse it's going to be Philippians 4:13 or John 3:16. I would say 99% of the time because those verses are burned into our memory banks from a very young age. I think it is coincidental. Would I have said that at her age? Absolutely. First thought that comes to mind type thing.

The blood: Has anyone thought it was blood from one of the dogs? Maybe the man had to shut a dog up so it hurt it? Flecks, spatters, whatever the latest term is to describe the blood could have been from a dog running away. The TBI would NOT confirm if it was human blood.

I am beginning to think for various reasons that Holly knew this person in passing, enough to be friendly and say hi how are you, it is a man in his late 30s to late 40s, and it is not an ex-boyfriend.

fraudqueen
04-27-2011, 11:06 PM

I totally agree.

Stay safe everyone.

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 11:07 PM
I just think we all believe stuff like the "being led into the woods" but then we hear that the dogs didn't pick up any scents (now that was just a report and could've been wrong). It definitely makes it hard to sleuth when we don't know which direction to go in!
If we go by just what news reports/links we have.....there is no report of dogs picking up her scent.....anywhere. BUT.....this task force is keeping info VERY close to the cuff so for all we know......one/some of the dogs could very well have tracked her scent up to a point. We don't know.

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM

from your fingers to God's ears, meemaw. :praying:

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 11:13 PM

sarx gave us a nice explanation of why the dogs didn't pick up any scents.

I can't explain as well as her, but sarx said the dogs were LE K-9's. Some of what she said was this:

K-9's are not trained for the sort of scent-detection work where they need to distinguish between last week's scent of Holly and the last hours scent of Holly.

They likely picked up Holly scent all over the place. Which makes it hard to "track" Holly for the period of the abduction.

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 11:13 PM
sbm...

it is a man in his late 30s to late 40s, and it is not an ex-boyfriend.

I agree on the age range. I've thought that since the get go. The abduction seems a little too well thought out for a teen/early 20's type guy to have attempted.

Emma Peel
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Oh that TBI lady said "to my knowledge" which only has to mean she has not physically seen Holly. Would still be really hard to pull off but hey stranger things have happened. If she is alive I don't think she is able to talk (coma, traumatized, what have you) or she does not know who it was.

The Bible Verse: I thought it was her mom's favorite verse then I read it was Holly's. Either way if you ask a young person to quote their favorite Bible verse it's going to be Philippians 4:13 or John 3:16. I would say 99% of the time because those verses are burned into our memory banks from a very young age. I think it is coincidental. Would I have said that at her age? Absolutely. First thought that comes to mind type thing.

The blood: Has anyone thought it was blood from one of the dogs? Maybe the man had to shut a dog up so it hurt it? Flecks, spatters, whatever the latest term is to describe the blood could have been from a dog running away. The TBI would NOT confirm if it was human blood.

I am beginning to think for various reasons that Holly knew this person in passing, enough to be friendly and say hi how are you, it is a man in his late 30s to late 40s, and it is not an ex-boyfriend.

so ... are we abandoning the several young men theory?

lillys
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Hope we hear something more soon... interest in the case is waning which is too bad.

Rall,
I'm afraid interest will wane until LE holds a presser or Holly is found. There are so little facts and tons of unanswered questions. Add to that the cryptic statements......Imo that and no daily news for those of us who are not local, makes some people loose interest.

greengreen
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
so ... are we abandoning the several young men theory?

I think it is all intertwined. Bu the several young men on their own. Yes I'm going to discard that one for tonight.

dotnetnow
04-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Wow it takes a long time to get caught up on this thread. I've been working at it off and on all day and just got to the end.

I appreciated the post with the interview of the evidence found on Easter. I've been reading all the speculation about this as well. To me the whole thing was that any piece of evidence that can be linked to the case is very helpful and encouraging. The LE contact was very professional and didnt seem to be "implying" anything at all. Any evidence that shows a location can be plotted and its very helpful

They wont say what it was they found but when I look on the map and where the evidence was found (if its accurrate) I can see how that would be very useful.

You start at Holly's home. Go to one piece of evidence and then the other and its quite possible the person is still in the area and knows the area pretty well. All sorts of possible scenarios come to mind, but it can be pretty well guessed that he didn't just go down and jump on the highway and take off.

Im guessing he went south first (thats where the 1st roadblock was setup to interview people). The over to 69 and headed N. He threw out something there(I guess), and if that something were the cell phone it would make sense for being the 1st thing discarded and if he knew her (good guess he did) he's trying to change the scene where she was nabbed (because its near her school).

Now he goes on up 69 and turns off until he gets over to the Gooch Rd. He for some reason discards more of her stuff there, possibly even re-binds her (throwing out the old duct tape) and moves on.

He could have gone the other way as well. This is just a guess (and probably a bad one).

I take hope in this kind of thing though. The item on Gooch Rd was found 1st. If this guy was just going to take her and kill her they likely would have found something by now after searching in those areas.

If he just wanted to take her and kill her and this was already done why not hide the stuff where/near where he left her. He's improvising some off of a "so-so" initial plan I think.

BTW anyone who wonders if they are being thorough or looking everywhere should look at some of the picture threads posted, etc...these people seem to be leaving no stone unturned!

I can find plenty of holes in this concept. I just think its educated guessing based on known stuff instead of word-smithing 3rd hand print.

As an aside. I looked at the map someone posted awhile ago. It was like a bad horror movie. I get to the spot on the map where the "easter" evidence was found and right accross the street is a funeral home...it was creepy. Im not saying that has anything to do with anything, just that it was creepy at the time!

EyeonPrize
04-27-2011, 11:25 PM

The above quote is in reference to:

I personally feel that so many people took the comment that the recent discovery was related to Holly, gave the family hope and a possible "gamechanger" that it made many people feel and post without a doubt that Holly is either recovered or known to be alive or providing clues, which is not true-some instantly believed it meant Holly has been found and spirited away to safety and this is being kept from the public. I believe the public speculation is just a rumor and just hurting the family-it causes more and more people to post or tweet she is definitely alive or recovered and being hidden for some bizarre reason, which would never happen. I think this is incredibly hurtful to the family and further gives them hope that only Holly and possibly LE can offer-not us.

I believe Helm prefaced it with "To My knowledge" because this protects her and her agency. I do not think LE can say positively Holly is either still alive or dead-that is not possible until they recover Holly alive or her body. Maybe they have a connection to someone claiming to have Holly? What if it has not been proven-maybe it is a crazy person claiming to have her as so many falsely confess to crimes they have not commited-esp on a national level? What is it is true this person has her and she is still not recovered alive until at a later date and they are trying terribly hard to make this a reality?

As the whole investigtion has shown, very little is released to the public. Even if they got something very credible that leads to the belief Holly is alive and even could be recovered within hours, they cannot publicly say that before rescuing her because if they say publicly she is alive and then something goes terribly wrong, they have the weight of the entire world on them from this public case and a huge backlash on them if she is not recovered alive nad we were publicly told she was alive and would be found. They are doing what all politicians and people do under intense public scrutinity do before they can fulfill what the public wants-they won't commit and are covering their a$$es. "To My Knowledge" reminds me way too much of the "I cannot recall" that politicians use when under scrutiny. It's an obscure way of saying you know what-I cannot tell you what I know because it could come back to bite me in the you know what.

Unfortunately, I think people have put way too much weight on this recent find and feel like it will def lead to her soon and it will not, which will just cause more frustration and backlash that all signs were they were close to finding her alive and the family hope and gamechanger comments gave us false hope unfairly. I think we are reading too much into things said (even the tense of statements) because we truly WANT to believe this clue will find her alive and we interpret things to say ok the Mom has hope so she has definitely been found or what has been found is a recent message from Holly that tells them where she is-if that was true-they would have her back by now. I think this Helm comment is a prod for us to be grounded and understand they do not know for sure if she will be found alive-even if they have high hopes they cannot 100% guarantee it until they find her- and we need to prepare in case we do not get the happy ending for which we hope-in other words, they are doing their best but the rumors she is alive and safe are not true, no matter how much we wish it were so and they cannot risk giving us a sliver of hope in case it does not pan out. MOO

sarx
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I'll say it again, cuz I couldn't even guess where my post was on it....

It's not possible that there was no scent there, just that the dogs couldn't work their way out of all the other trails. By that I mean it's her house, there are scent pools belonging to her all over the place. Now it's an issue of training and LE K9 aren't generally trained for this kind of personal contamination (meaning the dozens/hundreds of "trails" that she made all over the property everyday she walked out of the house).

grandmaj
04-27-2011, 11:30 PM
I need to ask you as you are theorizing or speculating that you say in your opinion or this is your thought. Please be careful not to emphatically state that something is a fact without a link. Thanks peeps. It can be confusing as to fact or theory without us clarifying.

Post lands at random. :)

dotnetnow
04-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Not sure if you mean me grandmaj (from #61) as I am new and trying to be careful...?

I tried to put "I guess" in there a lot if that helps :)

cfreyja23
04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
LE has not made any kind of statement that the community is in danger, that there is a predator on the loose, or given any indication that this is anything except all about Holly.

And like it or not, people do lose interest if they cannot relate the crime to their own lives.

On the other hand, LE stated they believe it is someone from the community (I'm still puzzling over how they came to that conclusion. While I agree with it, I can't help but wonder what info they have to led them to make that conclusion). I have a feeling the only thing that will continue to galvanize this community more than believing a predator is on the loose and they are all in danger, is to believe that one of them is the culprit and walks around their town undetected every day and got away with it. They're not going to give up, is my impression.

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 11:39 PM

It's not possible that there was no scent there, just that the dogs couldn't work their way out of all the other trails. By that I mean it's her house, there are scent pools belonging to her all over the place. Now it's an issue of training and LE K9 aren't generally trained for this kind of personal contamination (meaning the dozens/hundreds of "trails" that she made all over the property everyday she walked out of the house).
Couldn't a/the dog follow the most recent scent trail though?

grandmaj
04-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Not sure if you mean me grandmaj (from #61) as I am new and trying to be careful...?

That works your post is OK. Sometimes I see things like she is in a cave. Or the man that has her is in his 50's. There is nothing wrong with theorizing that these things could be the case, but we just must make sure people understand it is theory and not fact.

Hope that explains it better for everyone. Let's just try to say it is theory when it is, or word it that it is your opinion or thought.

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 11:48 PM

:floorlaugh:
Too funny dotnet. Welcome to WS :seeya:.

cfreyja23
04-27-2011, 11:49 PM
That works your post is OK. Sometimes I see things like she is in a cave. Or the man that has her is in his 50's. There is nothing wrong with theorizing that these things could be the case, but we just must make sure people understand it is theory and not fact.

Hope that explains it better for everyone. Let's just try to say it is theory when it is, or word it that it is your opinion or thought.

Thanks for clarifying. When I first started reading the threads, I wondered, "why does everyone write JMO and MOO obsessively? It obvious it's your opinion" Now I realize it is to prevent rumors. I can see how others might come here and believe people are writing actual fact.

dotnetnow
04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
--that's me...too 'er funny. Its like being in jr high all over again. Do I have gum in my hair?

southernillinoisman
04-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm finding it hard to believe that if there was information out there that was going to be leaked that they would go to this local radio host. I think he's just hearing rumors and he's telling folks what they want to hear. I want to hear it. I'm glad he said it because it kept hope alive but I'm not sure it's got any basis in fact.

I suppose, for me (in my opinion, there are one of two things going on:

1.) LE knows very little and they are pretending to know more than what they do so that the perp feels the pressure.

or (and I hope it's this one)

2.) They're hot on the heels of who did this and it's just a matter of time until we know that they've known a lot all along.

My sister was saying that perhaps that the reason that the 911 tape hadn't been released was because there may be a new law in Tennessee that disallows the releasing of 911 calls in the state. Anyone know if that's correct? I hadn't heard that but I don't live in Tennessee anymore (hence my name.) :-)

I really think that if we don't know something by the end of the week that we won't know anything for a long time. I am really prayerfully hopeful that LE is on the ball and this is all working out behind the scenes in a way that we'll be thankful for later (and that the Bobos will be thankful for later.)

mahmoo
04-27-2011, 11:58 PM
--that's me...too 'er funny. Its like being in jr high all over again. Do I have gum in my hair?
{{{snort}}} no comment :runaway:

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm finding it hard to believe that if there was information out there that was going to be leaked that they would go to this local radio host. I think he's just hearing rumors and he's telling folks what they want to hear. I want to hear it. I'm glad he said it because it kept hope alive but I'm not sure it's got any basis in fact.

I suppose, for me (in my opinion, there are one of two things going on:

1.) LE knows very little and they are pretending to know more than what they do so that the perp feels the pressure.

or (and I hope it's this one)

2.) They're hot on the heels of who did this and it's just a matter of time until we know that they've known a lot all along.

My sister was saying that perhaps that the reason that the 911 tape hadn't been released was because there may be a new law in Tennessee that disallows the releasing of 911 calls in the state. Anyone know if that's correct? I hadn't heard that but I don't live in Tennessee anymore (hence my name.) :-)

I really think that if we don't know something by the end of the week that we won't know anything for a long time. I am really prayerfully hopeful that LE is on the ball and this is all working out behind the scenes in a way that we'll be thankful for later (and that the Bobos will be thankful for later.)

The law would not have affected their 911 calls. So I was told. It has passed the House but not the Senate or something like that.

Apples2Apples
04-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I hope tomorrow is the day that they find her. Fingers crossed!

Gofigure
04-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Green green? Couple of questions...Do you have any idea which direction Holly was being led away into the woods? If I am looking at the aerial shot of her home I can see the carport in the backyard. Did he lead her to the back, front, left or right? I am trying to figure out the direction because I think he probably parked somewhere that would be a quick escape in case he had been spotted. Do you know which road someone like that would take to flee the area? There had to have been lots of people in the area awake and/or traveling to work at that time of the morning. I understand if you can't say or don't want to speculate. This case is driving me nuts!!

I still have a bad feeling about the Worlds Largest Coon Hunt that was held in the area the weekend before this happened. Did she work at this event or attend?

I sincerely believe that she has a better chance of survival if she does not know her abductor. Of course, if someone wanted her that bad and knew her, I feel he wants to keep her for himself. I do feel she is alive...MOO I dont believe LE has any idea as to whether she is alive or otherwise though. I can only hope that no stone is being left unturned!!

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Why would they release the 911 calls is what I keep thinking when people mention it? If they release them it would certainly give tons of people something to talk/speculate about, but it could not possibly help them find Holly.

LE are able to listen and evaluate that information. If they heard something fishy they would take that into account, if they didnt hear anything fishy its because there is nothing that they havent gone over and explained.

If I were doing the investigation I wouldn't release it either. All it could do is cause all kinds of distracting speculation and possibly do more emotional harm to the family. On the other hand if there were something fishy about the family to be gleaned from the 911 call then I would release it as the extra pressure might help me in interrogation.

I have to think if they had a suspect, even a suspect in mind (POI) they would be interrogating the blue-blazes out of him, and if he had "lawyered up" as some suspect they would be finding angles to harrass him, search what they can, etc.

--As you say IMO :)

tiredblondy
04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
I hope tomorrow is the day that they find her. Fingers crossed!

I'm sitting here listening to the rain and thunder, cringing with every lightning flash and wind gust and I can't get Holly off my mind. I want her to be alive, I hope she is dry, sheltered and pray that she is ok. I can't get her off my mind tonight!

(Also thinking about the many people devastated and killed by this horrific
storm..)

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Green green? Couple of questions...Do you have any idea which direction Holly was being led away into the woods? If I am looking at the aerial shot of her home I can see the carport in the backyard. Did he lead her to the back, front, left or right? I am trying to figure out the direction because I think he probably parked somewhere that would be a quick escape in case he had been spotted. Do you know which road someone like that would take to flee the area? There had to have been lots of people in the area awake and/or traveling to work at that time of the morning. I understand if you can't say or don't want to speculate. This case is driving me nuts!!

I still have a bad feeling about the Worlds Largest Coon Hunt that was held in the area the weekend before this happened. Did she work at this event or attend?

I sincerely believe that she has a better chance of survival if she does not know her abductor. Of course, if someone wanted her that bad and knew her, I feel he wants to keep her for himself. I do feel she is alive...MOO I dont believe LE has any idea as to whether she is alive or otherwise though. I can only hope that no stone is being left unturned!!

LE has never said which direction they were headed. In my head I thought the back, simply because woods are normally behind your house. However their house is wooded all around. So I have no idea.

I didn't see her at the Coon Hunt but that does not mean she was not there. There were thousands of people there.

FWIW I believe she is alive and so does everyone that I have talked to here. It's such an odd feeling.

Apples2Apples
04-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Question..what does the term "gamechanger" mean?

cluciano63
04-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Wouldn't there be some leak in town if someone was being interrogated or had obtained a lawyer or if any search warrants had been issued? It seems media would be able to find out any warrants, etc...

mahmoo
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

On the left bottom side is the Bobo residence and then heading northward to the Gooch Rd area where the lunch container was found. From there a bit further northward and then curve back east/southeast to 69. South down 69 right in front of 100 Eaton and the college campus. It looks like a long trip but as you can see I noted on the side of the map.....it's only about a 15 mile, 30 minute drive.

Wonder if this person very quickly hid her somewhere, along the route, then proceeded on their way to get to class, or work, before say 9-10 a.m.ish AND was tossing out evidence all along the way :waitasec:.

Here's the link to hollye's interactive map as well http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.694946,-88.031731&spn=0.173707,0.333366&z=12

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
LE has never said which direction they were headed. In my head I thought the back, simply because woods are normally behind your house. However their house is wooded all around. So I have no idea.

I didn't see her at the Coon Hunt but that does not mean she was not there. There were thousands of people there.

FWIW I believe she is alive and so does everyone that I have talked to here. It's such an odd feeling.

It sure is a unique situation there - that all the locals believe she is alive. Usually there's some kind of split with the locals.

Your collective hope gives the rest of us some hope, so it's good with me greengreen.

And as we know, Holly's family will never give up hope - Please don't worry about creating false hope for Holly's family by believing Holly could survive this ordeal.

I believe they call it faith. 4:13 Philippians

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Why would they release the 911 calls is what I keep thinking when people mention it? If they release them it would certainly give tons of people something to talk/speculate about, but it could not possibly help them find Holly.

LE are able to listen and evaluate that information. If they heard something fishy they would take that into account, if they didnt hear anything fishy its because there is nothing that they havent gone over and explained.

If I were doing the investigation I wouldn't release it either. All it could do is cause all kinds of distracting speculation and possibly do more emotional harm to the family. On the other hand if there were something fishy about the family to be gleaned from the 911 call then I would release it as the extra pressure might help me in interrogation.

I have to think if they had a suspect, even a suspect in mind (POI) they would be interrogating the blue-blazes out of him, and if he had "lawyered up" as some suspect they would be finding angles to harrass him, search what they can, etc.

--As you say IMO :)

I don't believe there is anything fishy about the family. I do believe possibly the abductor's name is given away in the phone call.

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Apples2Apples. "gamechanger" I believe was only introduced as a term by a reporter is what I can glean. The interview can be heard here on post #25:
TN Holly Bobo case- pics only- no discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:29 AM
It sure is a unique situation there - that all the locals believe she is alive. Usually there's some kind of split with the locals.

Your collective gives the rest of us some hope, so it's good with me greengreen.

And as we know, Holly's family will never give up hope - Please don't worry about creating false hope for Holly's family by believing Holly could survive this ordeal.

I believe they call it faith. 4:13 Philippians

This one made me cry. This man stole the community's innocence.

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Has anyone ever found a map that shows the new road beside the college?

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
I don't believe there is anything fishy about the family. I do believe possibly the abductor's name is given away in the phone call.

Yet further good reason not to release it. If they knew his name but not his whereabouts (how u spell that?) they would think it important to keep private.. although in most cases when they know who a perp is they plaster his face and name all over because that is the best way to find him.

Then we can go to the concept that they dont want to do that because they have reason to believe it would cause him to do her harm if he were under that kind of pressure.

To me I think they'd show it if the knew him. I think of the case where this guy takes off with a 14yo girl and they cant find them. They put it all over and found them shortly afterward (but who knows)?!

>>Jeesh does that make any sense<<

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Yet further good reason not to release it. If they knew his name but not his whereabouts (how u spell that?) they would think it important to keep private.. although in most cases when they know who a perp is they plaster his face and name all over because that is the best way to find him.

Then we can go to the concept that they dont want to do that because they have reason to believe it would cause him to do her harm if he were under that kind of pressure.

To me I think they'd show it if the knew him. I think of the case where this guy takes off with a 14yo girl and they cant find them. They put it all over and found them shortly afterward (but who knows)?!

Hey nothing is too far fetched at this point. But I do believe they know who it is but they either don't have her whereabouts or they don't know where he put her.

sarx
04-28-2011, 12:37 AM

Wanted to add-LE K9 aren't often trained in car trailing either (actually alot of SAR dogs aren't either), so if she got into a car that could hamper their abilities.

This is all just speculation mind you. I wasn't there and haven't seen any footage of the dogs working, so I can't say what they actually did or didn't do, just going off of what has been in MSM.

Gofigure

It is an odd feeling. I don't live far from there, I live in a small town as well and I can only imagine what it must be like for all of you. It would be crazy here if something like this were to happen. The community really came out in full force last year after the floods. I look for Holly everywhere I go now...Just hope you all are well after the wicked weather today. By the way, your quote about the thousands of people there really scares me!

RR0004
Question..what does the term "gamechanger" mean?
Something that would make you look at things differently.

ETA: from wiktionary

Critical and having the potential to alter the overall outcome.

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Well to me if they know who it is (and I hope you're right) that is a good sign she is alive (I gotta keep finding reasons for that to be true). If they thought she had passed and knew a poi they'd be all over him...usually(except in a really weird scenario) if they had a poi they would be all over him no matter what! --and maybe they are, how would I know?!

sarx
04-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Couldn't a/the dog follow the most recent scent trail though?

Yes, hopefully, but you'd be surprised how many cases you read where the dog just can't get off the property (actually there are several on WS that show this problem). It's tough, and it requires a lot of training, continuous practice and it's not something you test on, so....

VicVixvi
04-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Okay, here's something I just scooped...

The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road.

Look at this image of the searchers on their knees.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/photologie/284006499.jpg

Now look at this one from Google Street View screen capture http://maps.google.com Type in, 2141 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN then go to Street View...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14823&stc=1&d=1303966370

I'd say the locations are the same.

mahmoo
04-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Has anyone ever found a map that shows the new road beside the college?

I zoomed in to that area as closely as I could and it does look like there is some kind of road that runs beside the college back to Bible Hill Rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.662836,-88.124524&spn=0.002715,0.005209&z=18

Cubbies2010
04-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Yes, hopefully, but you'd be surprised how many cases you read where the dog just can't get off the property (actually there are several on WS that show this problem). It's tough, and it requires a lot of training, continuous practice and it's not something you test on, so....

I could be remembering this wrong, but weren't there dogs in the Amber Dubois case that tracked her scent very close to where she was eventually found?

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 12:53 AM

The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road.

<snipped>

Now look at this one from Google Street View screen capture http://maps.google.com Type in, 2141 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN then go to Street View...

<snipped>

thanks Vic! awesome google-work!

shefner
04-28-2011, 12:55 AM
I find Helms's statement amazing.

It wasn't said that, "To my knowledge, we have no proof that Holly is alive or not."
The statement was, "To my knowledge, Holly has not been found."

Now, what are we to take from this?

Laddsy
04-28-2011, 12:57 AM

It wasn't said that, "To my knowledge, we have no proof that Holly is alive or not."

Nothing IMO just a bad choice of words

EyeonPrize
04-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Wanted to add-LE K9 aren't often trained in car trailing either (actually alot of SAR dogs aren't either), so if she got into a car that could hamper their abilities.

This is all just speculation mind you. I wasn't there and haven't seen any footage of the dogs working, so I can't say what they actually did or didn't do, just going off of what has been in MSM.

Hi Sarx, I'm still thinking if the Bobo family owned the dogs as another person stated, they could have given clues that morning that something was wrong via scent or sound. My husband and I have a completely deaf and blind 13 year old cocker spaniel. No matter whether we come home together or different times, in under 30 seconds she smells (I have witnessed her being sound asleep across a room, not hear my husband open and shut the door when he gets home but smell him within seconds and she tracks him through the house)we are in the house and we can go through the length of the house into the backyard (through four long rooms) or even upstairs and she will smell us and find us in less then a minute . Do you think it is possible if the Bobos had dogs, they could have run outside that morning and followed Holly's scent to where the possible blood was located and this was how CB found it, if the blood rumors are true? Our cocker was never trained but she can find us quickly when deaf and blind in under a minute. I am guessing her smell sense is even more heightened though since she cannot hear or see.

Thanks for your input!

cluciano63
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM

This is what all she said...and I would guess she is just being cautious, that as of the moment she was speaking, she believed it to be true, and it likely is.

ensht
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM

I think that's what her cousin was talking about in her tweet...that we didn't know the real story when people were attacking the brother.
Whether it's in the call or not, I'm there is a reason they've not allowed the brother to defend himself. He's doing what's right by his family and sister.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14823&stc=1&d=1303966370

Wow, nice work and I 100% agree.

I envision a sociopath telling someone where the phone was and that they tossed the miniscule simcard out the window along such and such a road..not realizing they didn't need the simcard to tie the phone's location to his location/phone.

Peliman
04-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Think I can put this out here as it seems to meet MSM and quotes TBI.

Decatur County, TN (Parsons, TN) - The search for Holly Bobo may focus more intently on finding a suspect related to the young woman's disappearance, according to TBI spokesperson Kristen Helms.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

southernillinoisman
04-28-2011, 01:03 AM
I was about to head to sleep (I'm at a Pastor's Conference in Florida this week and have to be up in five hours) but while I was reading Scripture, I came across this and thought you might appreciate it as it relates to Holly's case and others.

Psalm 94

God, put an end to evil;
avenging God, show your colors!
Judge of the earth, take your stand;
throw the book at the arrogant.

God, the wicked get away with murder -
how long will you let this go on?
They brag and boast
and crow about their crimes!

They walk all over your people, God,
exploit and abuse your precious people.
They take out anyone who gets in their way;
if they can't use them, they kill them.
They think, "God isn't looking..."

Well, think again, you idiots,
fools - how long before you get smart?
Do you think the maker of the ear doesn't hear,
that He who made the eye doesn't see?

God knows, all right -
knows your stupidity,
sees your shallowness.

(This is from The Message translation of The Bible)

It seemed to apply well to this case and others.

Enjoy!

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=mahmoo;6405236]I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

I have no idea if I can make sense here, but Im gonna throw it out there:

Route 1 (Upside down "U") as you say:
If he went this way, then ended up back down 69 to get to the HWY (412) then he is likely from here, or he left Holly behind (God forbid) because if he was trying to get to 412 with her it makes more sense to just go the other way initially from her house.

Either way if he wanted to leave (I40 or 412) it doesnt make sense that he would make this circle. At least not and take Holly with him.

There are plenty of extenuating circumstances that could be interjected here, but if I dont keep it simple I may as well not speculate.

I think he went,
Route 2 (Right-side up "U"):
The police likely had some clue he headed "south" as this is where they setup a roadblock to look for witnesses.

If the item dropped near the school was her phone it makes sense to thow it there and to throw it first. I'm not so sure it was her phone, but if it was it makes sense to throw it there if you knew she went near there a lot.

Now he's gotten some distance and away he goes over to Gooch Rd, stops and throws more there.

Why I dunno. Why 2 places? Why lunchbag there?

If he wants to take her farther north, why pull out here? Etc...

Truth is I speculate a bit, but none of this helps except I try to find reason in there to give me hope she is still local and alive, but its really worthless improvisation!

>>I dunno what I did wrong with that quote but its all messed up<<

finishstrong
04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by mahmoo

Not sure if this will help.
See:
Thread 12 -Scroll down to read Post 103
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134156&page=5

Also included in above post is link stating "favorite scripture of Holly's mother"
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

Then see:
(it was after being pointed out here that I took notice of the 4:13 and 4/13 & not sure if it was discussed prior, as i was scan reading to catch up, lol).
Thread 15 -Scroll to Post 21
TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

VicVixvi
04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
>>snip, snip<<

Wow, nice work and I 100% agree.

Different seasons and the Google shot was taken several years ago (UT Parsons was still under construction..) and there's a few more trees. If you actually go through the steps and go to Google Street View, it is readily apparent that this is the same location.

Gofigure
04-28-2011, 01:07 AM

I take it to mean that if she has not been found, then they really don't know one way or the other if she is alive or not.

greengreen
04-28-2011, 01:08 AM

Why didn't anybody ask me where it was? Then I could have had the scoop! JK

Irish_Eyes
04-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi all, my late night ramblings on the case:

1) Generally we aren't allowed to talk scanner stuff up here, but I think the mods will forgive since I'm not discussing details of Holly's case per se: I think the weather has really put LE in somewhat of a holding pattern on this case. In listening to the scanner threads the past few nights you really get a sense of just how destructive these storms were and what a tough job LE officers have....they were rushing around opening storm shelters, fielding calls to come to the scene of downed power lines, trees blocking roadways, cars stuck in ditches, etc...and of course it takes them longer to respond to each call when they are avoiding downed power lines, trees and ditches themselves. I think they're very committed to finding Holly but at the same time, they can't neglect the safety of all the other residents. My hope is that now that this weather is dying down, they can get back to the task at hand.

2) I think the most interesting thing said the last few days is that the family and people close to them (which I interpret as maybe the neighbor and the boyfriend?), have been printed....someone asked on the last thread why this wasn't done earlier and I think it's because they didn't have any prints to compare it to earlier and maybe now they do. The frustrating thing is that would also mean that the prints are not in AFIS because otherwise, there'd really be no point in printing anyone else, would there?

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=mahmoo;6405236]I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

I have no idea if I can make sense here, but Im gonna throw it out there:

Route 1 (Upside down "U") as you say:
If he went this way, then ended up back down 69 to get to the HWY (412) then he is likely from here, or he left Holly behind (God forbid) because if he was trying to get to 412 with her it makes more sense to just go the other way initially from her house.

Either way if he wanted to leave (I40 or 412) it doesnt make sense that he would make this circle. At least not and take Holly with him.

There are plenty of extenuating circumstances that could be interjected here, but if I dont keep it simple I may as well not speculate.

I think he went,
Route 2 (Right-side up "U"):
The police likely had some clue he headed "south" as this is where they setup a roadblock to look for witnesses.

If the item dropped near the school was her phone it makes sense to thow it there and to throw it first. I'm not so sure it was her phone, but if it was it makes sense to throw it there if you knew she went near there a lot.

Now he's gotten some distance and away he goes over to Gooch Rd, stops and throws more there.

Why I dunno. Why 2 places? Why lunchbag there?

If he wants to take her farther north, why pull out here? Etc...

Truth is I speculate a bit, but none of this helps except I try to find reason in there to give me hope she is still local and alive, but its really worthless improvisation!

dotnetnow,

There is no doubt you are a guy. LOL! (and I say that with respect & affection.)

Even so, you end up right where I end up, thinking through it as logically as you can with hope in your heart only to realize it is just an exercise in improvisation.

we're here for ya.

welcome to WS!

:wagon:

greengreen
04-28-2011, 01:11 AM
I zoomed in to that area as closely as I could and it does look like there is some kind of road that runs beside the college back to Bible Hill Rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.662836,-88.124524&spn=0.002715,0.005209&z=18

It's still not showing the new road. Or the doctor's office that was built before the college. The college is shown on there though (it is to the right and up a little bit from where it is marked). So I don't get it. Why wouldn't the dr.'s office be on there?

katydid23
04-28-2011, 01:14 AM
I could be remembering this wrong, but weren't there dogs in the Amber Dubois case that tracked her scent very close to where she was eventually found?

YES. The family hired some tracking dogs themselves and the dogs actually went to an area very very close to where she was killed, on local Indian land.
If I remember correctly it was at first discounted by LE.

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 01:16 AM
It's still not showing the new road. Or the doctor's office that was built before the college. The college is shown on there though (it is to the right and up a little bit from where it is marked). So I don't get it. Why wouldn't the dr.'s office be on there?

googlemaps can be really freaky.

composite pictures. no guarantees the images of land adjacent to each other was actually shot on the same day.

something else that gives me a headache.

Like the damned lady that lives in my hubby's GPS who decided to take the long way home from DD's college last weekend. I'm talking 2 hours longer.

it's just scary.

greengreen
04-28-2011, 01:18 AM
googlemaps can be really freaky.

composite pictures. no guarantees the images of land adjacent to each other was actually shot on the same day.

something else that gives me a headache.

Like the damned lady that lives in my hubby's GPS who decided to take the long way home from DD's college last weekend. I'm talking 2 hours longer.

it's just scary.

hahaha Couldn't help but to laugh. I'm going to see if I can find something that has that road on there. Then the path might make more sense to everyone.

katydid23
04-28-2011, 01:18 AM
"The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road."
posted by V.V.

I wonder if there is any connection between the family tree service and this one near the search area?

Any employees in common, perhaps a disgruntled ex employee there now, or maybe the company has a rivalry or a vendetta?

Gofigure
04-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Think I can put this out here as it seems to meet MSM and quotes TBI.

Decatur County, TN (Parsons, TN) - The search for Holly Bobo may focus more intently on finding a suspect related to the young woman's disappearance, according to TBI spokesperson Kristen Helms.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

I think the reason for this statement is that they believe when they find the abductor, they will find her. MOO

Stolly
04-28-2011, 01:21 AM
...They wont say what it was they found but when I look on the map and where the evidence was found (if its accurrate) I can see how that would be very useful.

You start at Holly's home....

Im guessing he went south first (thats where the 1st roadblock was setup to interview people). The over to 69 and headed N. He threw out something there(I guess), and if that something were the cell phone it would make sense for being the 1st thing discarded...

Shortened by me.

Hi DotNetNow,

I've been catching up with this thread also, and wanted to touch on the same thing you are discussing. The map is a great place to start and the author deserves great thanks, HollyE!

I have thought about the maps quite a bit. I like your thought process and you very well might be right, but In my opinion, the perp didn't head to TN-69 first. TN-69 is a more traveled area. I checked out possible ways to get from TN-69 to Gooch and reaching Gooch road from TN-69 would mean they would need to essentially double back and make their way north, then west then south (It looks like a question mark).

I believe they first headed north toward Gooch Rd on a previously planned route. (The roads are very narrow and the area is sparsely populated) Then you can access TN-69 and head south toward Parsons. You have essentially made a giant "U" but you are heading south, to a more populated area. Why head into Parsons? Possibly a job, appointment, meeting, school, anything under the rainbow but an alibi, and not breaking a routine-not standing out.

Even more questions come about when you discuss roadblocks. I remember the Russell Williams case from Canada, road blocks were set up to check tire treads, and they connected the dots. His tire treads viewed at a roadblock connected him to the scene. It is likely that LE has an idea about the treads (Swan Johnson Rd looks small, so small that a person would need to pull their vehicle off the road to not be noticed) and positioned this roadblock to check tires as well as the drivers.

I have read that Police set up five road blocks, does anyone know where they were set up?

There are so many things about this that don't make any sense...

- How does a perp plan an attack for so long and then leave evidence along the streets?

-Why not leave it in one place? Did he remove the duct tape from her mouth and allow her to eat her lunch from the bag? (I guess this would be a good sign)

-If there was blood at the scene, it must be the victim's blood or else shouldn't we be seeing DNA swabs for people in immediate contact with the victim? (Classmates, Exs, Coworkers, Friends...)

-Either way, he made noise while leaving with her, whether on an ATV or in a car (pumped full of adrenaline) going down a country road. But no one noticed any vehicle?

Any thoughts?

VicVixvi
04-28-2011, 01:22 AM
"The hands and knees search was NOT at the UT Parsons campus location. It was between the Eaton Street plants and the UT Parsons, just North of what Google maps describes as McKensie Tree Service and just South of McMurray Road."
posted by V.V.

I wonder if there is any connection between the family tree service and this one near the search area?

Any employees in common, perhaps a disgruntled ex employee there now, or maybe the company has a rivalry or a vendetta?

What might they be searching for? Maybe a cig butt thrown out the window as someone was driving into or leaving work?

I'd also thought that maybe they searched that entire stretch of road on their hands and knees and this just happened to be where the photographer took the photo of them.

Could be significant, could be nothing. Welcome to the Holly Bobo case...

greengreen
04-28-2011, 01:26 AM
What might they be searching for? Maybe a cig butt thrown out the window as someone was driving into or leaving work?

I'd also thought that maybe they searched that entire stretch of road on their hands and knees and this just happened to be where the photographer took the photo of them.

It was told to me they searched the whole stretch of road. Probably coincidental that is where the photo was taken.

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 01:30 AM
[quote=dotnetnow;6405373]There is no doubt you are a guy. LOL! (and I say that with respect & affection.)

Anytime I can be properly classified(genderized), and noone's calling me names I think that's in the "good" category!

Irish_Eyes
04-28-2011, 01:32 AM
I get the loser award tonight....I saw Vic's name and thought I was posting in the basement....my apologies!
:doh:

ensht
04-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Let's hope Thursday is the day this family gets some peace.

I still tend to think it won't be the peace we all want but either way I hope we're getting closer. The statements of Bill Way still have me scratching my head but so does everything else in this case.

When I contrast this to a case in NH with no witnesses I see a totally different mode of operation that LEOs must have had for a reason. All is not what it appears as they said.

Night.

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Stolly!

:welcome:

alibi thinking. yup. that is what I thought too - in my simplest theory.

I find it curious that the gov's reward is for Kidnapping. And all this super-secrecy...and protection of the family...and the ability to find these clues in a haystack...and the apparent productivity of the tips...

Those things point to something different than the simplest solution here - which is an acquaintance/stalker opportunistic sexual assault/murder in the woods and a get-a-way, carry on as if nothing happened.

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Shortened by me.

There are so many things about this that don't make any sense...

1. How does a perp plan an attack for so long and then leave evidence along the streets?

2.Why not leave it in one place? Did he remove the duct tape from her mouth and allow her to eat her lunch from the bag? (I guess this would be a good sign)

3.If there was blood at the scene, it must be the victim's blood or else shouldn't we be seeing DNA swabs for people in immediate contact with the victim? (Classmates, Exs, Coworkers, Friends...)

4.Either way, he made noise while leaving with her, whether on an ATV or in a car (pumped full of adrenaline) going down a country road. But no one noticed any vehicle?

Any thoughts?

1&2: I take these as good signs that he is not the standard "take and kill" in as quick and secretive manner possible. These things are odd abductor behavior I think ( but Im just a guy who is posting on a message board ).

If a guy is just going to take her, attack her, and kill her then why scatter the stuff so much away from where you left her. If you're in "hide" stuff mode (as with the body) you hide it you dont toss it out the window or pull over and throw it out.

3. Can't know! I don't think they'd tell us if they were testing people. This community and LE have been really unified and quiet.

4. I think they may have figured out where he started from, but he must've been lucky and no one saw his vehicle or they would have plastered that out there with the limited description initially.

As far as the map goes. I know what you mean. I've looked at the map down to the small roads and tracked different paths both ways to the evidence. I simply chose the one that fit the "hunch" with a few probable(in my mind) guesses about the evidence thrown out.

cluciano63
04-28-2011, 01:48 AM
As far as the wording on the reward from the governor, he says it (the $50K) is for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Holly's disappearance. Is there a reward for finding Holly, does anyone know? Is that perhaps the other $25- $30K? I never saw how that was worded.

https://www.internationalrewardscentre.com/component/content/article/398-news-archive/889-75000-reward-offered-in-search-for-holly-bobo-in-usa.html

katydid23
04-28-2011, 01:54 AM
1&2: I take these as good signs that he is not the standard "take and kill" in as quick and secretive manner possible. These things are odd abductor behavior I think ( but Im just a guy who is posting on a message board ).

If a guy is just going to take her, attack her, and kill her then why scatter the stuff so much away from where you left her. If you're in "hide" stuff mode (as with the body) you hide it you dont toss it out the window or pull over and throw it out.

3. Can't know! I don't think they'd tell us if they were testing people. This community and LE have been really unified and quiet.

4. I think they may have figured out where he started from, but he must've been lucky and no one saw his vehicle or they would have plastered that out there with the limited description initially.

As far as the map goes. I know what you mean. I've looked at the map down to the small roads and tracked different paths both ways to the evidence. I simply chose the one that fit the "hunch" with a few probable(in my mind) guesses about the evidence thrown out.

I agree that it wasn't a standard kill and dump. She would have been found already in the first few days, imo. I think he wanted her specifically and is trying to figure out a way to keep her with him, alive.I sure hope so anyway.

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Cluciano63

I say when they find Holly the person responsible (not the perp) gets a statue made of them and put up in the middle of town! Give the money to someone who needs it more and smile for the rest of your life (I would).

evelyn24
04-28-2011, 02:10 AM
bringing another MIL post forward ((as so many had asked this question))

Now this is some good info. Thank you MIL.

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 02:12 AM
As far as the wording on the reward from the governor, he says it (the $50K) is for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Holly's disappearance. Is there a reward for finding Holly, does anyone know? Is that perhaps the other $25- $30K? I never saw how that was worded.

https://www.internationalrewardscentre.com/component/content/article/398-news-archive/889-75000-reward-offered-in-search-for-holly-bobo-in-usa.html

at one point I wasn't sure what the gov's reward rule said, b/c there's articles that say the reward is for the rescue and recovery of Holly Bobo.

Perhaps the 1st reward is worded for Holly's recovery, and the second (the gov's) is for the apprehension of the kidnapper.

Irish_Eyes
04-28-2011, 02:13 AM
I the abductor might know a lot about police procedures....I bet he wanted to be one and either couldn't or got kicked off the force or something....would explain why LE would want to keep things sooo quiet if they thought he might be listening to scanners or chatting up the local cops in the coffee shop, etc.

What made me wonder was the way all the evidence is thrown all over the place with no attempt to hide it, when he could have just as easily burned it or threw it in the river or stuck it in a fast food bag and dumped it in the trash at McDonalds or whatever...wondering if he was trying to get them to spend time chasing their tails....

But then I thought more today about the early time she was abducted and it kind of struck me that a "dawn raid" is a common LE tactic....gives them the element of suprise....could that have played into his thinking?

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 02:19 AM
just noodling...if the family really really thinks it knows who kidnapped Holly and why ... and LE has slowly been able to confirm their theory...

that could be the source of hope...

cluciano63
04-28-2011, 02:24 AM
About the state portion of the reward, while we know this is unlikely, I wonder if the part about the money being for the arrest/conviction could be phrased that way just in case it were to turn out Holly did not want to come home, for example if she had left willingly, and someone "found" or "saw" her, they would not want to have to pay that person $50K? Just kind of covering their bases?
(I don't believe this to be the case, just FYI.)

cleo612
04-28-2011, 02:33 AM
This is the part of this case that really confuses me (as if the rest of it doesn't! LOL).

Law enforcement has been so careful about not letting out what evidence or information they might have, BUT they have not kept secret any of the search sites.

If they were not wanting the abductor to know what they know, then why would they not be keeping the search sites confidential?

Are they keeping the evidence and information secret from the public, or from the abductor?

The rest of the case also has my brain in a mess... even more so than it normally is.

Irish_Eyes
04-28-2011, 02:40 AM
This is the part of this case that really confuses me (as if the rest of it doesn't! LOL).

Law enforcement has been so careful about not letting out what evidence or information they might have, BUT they have not kept secret any of the search sites.

If they were not wanting the abductor to know what they know, then why would they not be keeping the search sites confidential?

Are they keeping the evidence and information secret from the public, or from the abductor?

The rest of the case also has my brain in a mess... even more so than it normally is.

I think LE may have kept some search sites private....we don't know if they have searched any RSO's residences (I think if you're out on probation they don't even need a warrant or a reason), or the boyfriend's house etc when they were trying to rule those people out. I think we always hear about the volunteer ground searches because they are pretty impossible to keep secret.....probably takes the media five minutes to figure out where those are if they don't just follow the busloads of searchers out there....who's not going to notice ten people crawling on their hands and knees by the side of the road?

Irish_Eyes
04-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Two opposite things I am thinking about the statement about the family being fingerprinted:

On the good side it might mean they have a print for comparison. I just realized that if they do have a print for comparison and it hasn't popped in AFIS then we can rule out anyone who would have to be fingerprinted for their job since those are entered into AFIS as well. This would eliminate: anyone with a prior criminal history, law enforcement, teachers, school bus drivers in some states (not sure about TN ), and anyone else who needs an FBI check prior to employment (some jobs only require a state background check....not sure if those get entered into AFIS or not)

On the bad side: Some of this statement seems to me to be not just quashing rumors but also tempering expectations....doesn't commit to further searches, publicly stating that Holly could be dead, no new developments, etc.....so the cynical side of me is concerned that they are fingerprinting people now because the case is heading "cold" and they want to have it for the file now, in case people die or move away in the next weeks, months, years....hope the cynical side of me is wrong....

dotnetnow
04-28-2011, 02:55 AM
I've heard about the "fingerprinting" a few times. One person said it was being reported on Ch3 news, but no contextual way to see for myself, and then I've heard about it 2nd/3rd hand. Anyone have an article about it or anything yet?

Irish_Eyes
04-28-2011, 03:41 AM
No link I can find. The poster MILofForensicSpecTBI said she saw it on the news tonight on Memphis Channel 3

Mountain_Kat
04-28-2011, 03:56 AM

Yes (though I didn't want to say it). To be honest, when I first read about the blood my first thought was, " He's a hunter!" . I just had this visual of the guy coming out of the woods carrying something dead. Turkey, squirrel, I don't know, something. I get stupid visuals (not to be confused with visions!) like that all the time, and then find it hard to shake them. It's annoying, because intellectually I know this guy didn't pop out of the woods with a dead animal.

But anyway, my first thought when I heard "blood" was animal. Now that reason has taken over though, I think it more likely it is human. But I don't neccesarily think it will turn out to be Holly's or her kidnappers.

MsFacetious
04-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Okay... let's just pretend for a moment. All hypothesizing.

What if Holly was abducted by a guy who thought he had a relationship with her or wanted a relationship with her?

What if Holly did not resist and went along with this in order to survive?

What if they are NOT in the area, but did stay there for a few days?

What if they are looking for evidence of the time they did spend there? (No concern about search sites being known if there is no perp in the area, but still a need to search.)

What if the significant find was something of Holly's, (phone, jewelry) along with something to alter her appearance (hair dye box?) and/or maybe a map?

What if Holly has been able to somehow communicate? Maybe he has taken her out of the state and they have to stop as gas stations... what if she is leaving messages/clues so they know she was alive the day before?

Anne - Abducted by a stranger who wanted to "keep her." Left notes and other clues, managed to call 911 once as well from a cabin. They just missed them by an hour before finally catching up to them at another cabin.

http://www.nebraska.tv/story/9927380/what-ever-happened-to-anne-sluti?redirected=true

Karen - Abducted at knife point by her ex boyfriend for the second time... left notes in bathrooms that led the FBI to her along with phone taps and ATM transactions at the end. They kept missing them because of the time it took people to find her notes. They were going from hotel to hotel.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10465376/detail.html

Jessica - Abducted at knife point by her ex boyfriend, cut in the process and talked him into taking her to the hospital. Was able to alert the staff there of her abduction.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s1779065.shtml

There are more in here who were abducted and kept alive... many that we know and many more that are not listed here. I realize it is rare.

I was in Utah for the amazing return of Elizabeth.

I was also in Utah for the horrific stories of Destiny Norton, Ethan Stacy, Kiplyn Davis, Rachael Runyan, Hser Ner Moo, Anna Palmer, Susan Powell, Lori Hacking...

I know what the odds are. Which is why I rarely have hope in these cases.

But when I look at this list... and when I remember seeing and hearing "Elizabeth Smart Found Alive"... hearing that they had found Shawn and Ben... Shasta... Jaycee... very few people thought any of them would come back alive.

I can't give up hope on Holly. Not yet.

Shasta Groene (7 weeks)
Elizabeth Smart (9 months)
Jeremiah Treanor (3 years)
Colleen Stan (7 years)
Natascha Kampusch (8 years)
Steven Stayner (8 years)
Jaycee Dugard (18 years)

Shawn Hornbeck (4 years) and Ben Ownby (5 days)
Sabine Dardenne (80 days) and Laetitia Delhez (7 days)

http://en.wikipedia.org/List_of_kidnappings

redfish
04-28-2011, 05:28 AM
The stars, Logic and statistics tell us she is gone. From the beginning of this case my heart has said she is alive. I want to believe it. Shawn Hornbeck came to mind and Elizabeth as well. Something tells me that she may just be out there still.

TobyWong*
04-28-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't know if it's worth looking at the direction this perp seemed to move in or not. I roughed out this map and the trail looks like an upside down U http://i52.tinypic.com/20k7jiw.jpg

On the left bottom side is the Bobo residence and then heading northward to the Gooch Rd area where the lunch container was found. From there a bit further northward and then curve back east/southeast to 69. South down 69 right in front of 100 Eaton and the college campus. It looks like a long trip but as you can see I noted on the side of the map.....it's only about a 15 mile, 30 minute drive.

Wonder if this person very quickly hid her somewhere, along the route, then proceeded on their way to get to class, or work, before say 9-10 a.m.ish AND was tossing out evidence all along the way :waitasec:.

Here's the link to hollye's interactive map as well http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=35.694946,-88.031731&spn=0.173707,0.333366&z=12

thank you for doing this map. it's been in my head for days. imo. i think holly is in the opposite direction as she was imo the first piece of evidence that needed to be taken care of (sorry. i know some believe she's alive) then the perp went the opposite direction hoping to throw LE off by tossing her stuff. imo i don't think the perp planted it' just threw it out along his route. imo this was all done and the perp was home by the time the searchers were called out. imo

imo if someone wanted to keep her as his own,the only thing on his mind would be to get her to his safe place asap and would'nt be worrying about throwing her stuff out. imo he'd just keep it all or dump it all at once not leave a trail. her cell would be the only traceable she had on her so i can see throwing that. but her lunch bag? that would just be more of her to want to hang on to. imo

please excuse the spelling/punctuation. storming here so im holding my phone for light while i peck with one hand.

not_my_kids
04-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I hate to say it, but reading between the lines of LE saying that the search will begin to look more closely at a suspect in her disappearance, all I'm seeing is that there will be less focus on looking for Holly herself. Tells me that LE doesn't think they can find her without the suspects help...which after two weeks, I am inclined to agree. Somebody, just bring her home.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Yes (though I didn't want to say it). To be honest, when I first read about the blood my first thought was, " He's a hunter!" . I just had this visual of the guy coming out of the woods carrying something dead. Turkey, squirrel, I don't know, something. I get stupid visuals (not to be confused with visions!) like that all the time, and then find it hard to shake them. It's annoying, because intellectually I know this guy didn't pop out of the woods with a dead animal.

But anyway, my first thought when I heard "blood" was animal. Now that reason has taken over though, I think it more likely it is human. But I don't neccesarily think it will turn out to be Holly's or her kidnappers.

Just because someone wears camo does not mak ehim a hunter! JMO
I think that was just a diversion. and it worked how do you desribe a person in camo?

The guy was wearing camo LOL

not_my_kids
04-28-2011, 07:47 AM
I gotta give you that one Eileen. Camo is pretty common in MI too, ( I know shock and awe, LOL), and if that's what someone sees, that's the description. A guy wearing camo is going to be described as a guy wearing camo. Maybe a blond/brunette/redhead guy wearing camo, but that's about all you're gonna get.

TxLady2
04-28-2011, 07:47 AM

Why a cigarette butt? There could be dozens, even hundreds of butts up and down the road, and unless someone saw Holly in the car with the perp, and saw him throw that butt out the window and got out and flagged the location... how is that going to help them? So are they going to test DNA on every cigarette butt they found on that stretch of road? And if they do... how is that going to find Holly or the kidnapper? What would they compare it to? Doesn't make sense. No offense intended, just trying to think logically.

I don't know what they were looking for out there, but my guess is, it was something personal of Holly's... her cell or parts of it, a piece of jewelry, a shoe, a purse or wallet... something that might lead them to her.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 07:55 AM
I gotta give you that one Eileen. Camo is pretty common in MI too, ( I know shock and awe, LOL), and if that's what someone sees, that's the description. A guy wearing camo is going to be described as a guy wearing camo. Maybe a blond/brunette/redhead guy wearing camo, but that's about all you're gonna get.

Exactly its very Generic!!!!
also ill bet he had a hat! brim pulled down covering his face!

I cant see a stranger he would grab someone in a diff spot i dont think he would come to her home. way to dangerous unless it was a woman living alone.
here there are 4 ppl living in this home... a stranger wold not take that chance jmo

I really believe she knows this guy...

the million dollar question is Is she alive?

jadejazzkayla
04-28-2011, 07:57 AM
I hate to say it, but reading between the lines of LE saying that the search will begin to look more closely at a suspect in her disappearance, all I'm seeing is that there will be less focus on looking for Holly herself. Tells me that LE doesn't think they can find her without the suspects help...which after two weeks, I am inclined to agree. Somebody, just bring her home.

bbm.. I agree with you, kids. I also think the spokesperson statement about -...beginning to look for suspects... - is TBI's way of saying there will be less active searching for holly. without coming right out with those words.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Why a cigarette butt? There could be dozens, even hundreds of butts up and down the road, and unless someone saw Holly in the car with the perp, and saw him throw that butt out the window and got out and flagged the location... how is that going to help them? So are they going to test DNA on every cigarette butt they found on that stretch of road? And if they do... how is that going to find Holly or the kidnapper? What would they compare it to? Doesn't make sense. No offense intended, just trying to think logically.

I don't know what they were looking for out there, but my guess is, it was something personal of Holly's... her cell or parts of it, a piece of jewelry, a shoe, a purse or wallet... something that might lead them to her.

I dont think its cig butt's either. Its something substantial. what would a girl carry off to school in the morning?

Purse? maybe not...
Wallet ? yes def.
Lipstick or lip glosss? Most def!
Keys? yes.
Cell? without a doubt.

She could have put all these things in that lunch tote that was found instead of carrying a purse too. Maybe the lip gloss is in her pocket. Her cell was probably in her hand.. No kid puts it down....
Mine are texting at dinner lol.

So my guess its lip gloss or the cell. JMO

nursebeeme
04-28-2011, 08:03 AM
With some flooded roads and water levels rising, law enforcement authorities have decided to suspend the use of volunteers to help look for Holly Bobo.

another snip

The search still centers on several places scattered around northern areas of the county.

"Anything new that comes up we can react, but as far as volunteers we're not reorganizing them until the (flooding) stabilizes," said Lt. Brad Wilbanks with the Tennessee Highway Patrol on Wednesday.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110428/NEWS25/104280313

more at link
(((((morning peeps!)))))

TobyWong*
04-28-2011, 08:09 AM

LOL I'm not a hunter & i have camo hats & pants & I'm in MI. The area I'm in is big on hunting. I always do a double take when i see (during season) hunters walking w/ thier guns to or from their vehicles. I always get compliments on my hat. It's funny, it looks authentic military but i bought it at meijers for my youngest boy for 5$.

My problem w/ the description of the camo is that it comes in multiple colors. Grey, greens, browns. If the general public is to BOLO I'd like to know specifics. Even hair length &/or color. imo

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Ok here goes! I have been thinking about this for a long time!

Something had to make Clint look outside. Im sorry 24 and 25 yr old kids dont stand and look at the trees in the morning lol first of all their rooms are like caves lol... With my son he has his tv on 24 hrs if hes home . he also wears his i pod ear thingies in his ears..N e wayz.. Im not sure what would make him look outside... me calling him by name would!

If he was getting ready for work or whatever he does something had to make him look out... did he hear the door slam.. Did he hear voices???? Was he expecting someone to come pick him up?

Whatever it was something made him look out that window!

Just some thoughts!

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 08:12 AM
LOL I'm not a hunter & i have camo hats & pants & I'm in MI. The area I'm in is big on hunting. I always do a double take when i see (during season) hunters walking w/ thier guns to or from their vehicles. I always get compliments on my hat. It's funny, it looks authentic military but i bought it at meijers for my youngest boy for 5$.

My problem w/ the description of the camo is that it comes in multiple colors. Grey, greens, browns. If the general public is to BOLO I'd like to know specifics. Even hair length &/or color. imo

This is true i forgot about that LOL im not up on my camo fashion!
shame it wasnt military and the guy had his name on it LOL

iluvmua
04-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking LE not looking more for Holly and more for a suspect tells me that she is probably gone. :(

I think if LE even had the slightest inkling that Holly was still alive, they would worry less about nabbing the suspect and focus more on bringing Holly back home alive.

I just want ppl to find her so that her family can have a proper funeral.

I don't want the Bobo family to have to wait years in order to pay their final goodbyes to their daughter.

(like Brooke Wilberger's family had to do).

jadejazzkayla
04-28-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking LE not looking more for Holly and more for a suspect tells me that she is probably gone. :(

I think if LE even had the slightest inkling that Holly was still alive, they would worry less about nabbing the suspect and focus more on bringing Holly back home alive.

I just want her ppl to find her so that her family can have a proper funeral.

I don't want the Bobo family to have to wait years in order to pay their final goodbyes to their daughter.

(like Brooke Wilberger's family had to do).

bbm...I agree. Either someone within LE or the DA themselves, makes a final decision that all of LE must follow.

and I believe that person has decided LE's focus will now be finding evidence to bring to the DA as opposed to finding holly.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 08:39 AM
I dont think she is alive either.

I just wish they would find her. I think everything going on is a diversion.
it keeps them from looking for Holly they are on their hands and knees looking for scraps....when she is out there somewhere. I still believe she is close to her home where she screamed. I wish they would go back there.

Maybe they need cadaver dogs.
JMO

norest4thewicked
04-28-2011, 08:42 AM

Something had to make Clint look outside. Im sorry 24 and 25 yr old kids dont stand and look at the trees in the morning lol first of all their rooms are like caves lol... With my son he has his tv on 24 hrs if hes home . he also wears his i pod ear thingies in his ears..N e wayz.. Im not sure what would make him look outside... me calling him by name would!

If he was getting ready for work or whatever he does something had to make him look out... did he hear the door slam.. Did he hear voices???? Was he expecting someone to come pick him up?

Just some thoughts!

The very first day we heard that he had thought he "heard voices outside" or something to this effect. I couldn't find it for you, but I definitely remember hearing it. And, all 24 and 25 year olds are not the same. I have a son-in-law who works for Family Services and is 25 years old. He has a child and works, he's not sitting in a cave or wearing earpods. I think that's mostly a lot younger boys and just a few are still doing it at that age. Heck, some are still doing it at 30. But I don't agree that a 24-25 year old would not be looking out the window. You had already said this in a previous thread and someone from a similar area had told you that they have stood at their window drinking their coffee since they were a young man. Places surrounded by the beauty of nature is not like a suburban area. We have woods behind our house and I always stand at the window and look out. Granted, I'm not 25 years old. But, I don't see anything at all suspicious about this.

nursebeeme
04-28-2011, 08:47 AM
I dont think she is alive either.

I just wish they would find her. I think everything going on is a diversion.
it keeps them from looking for Holly they are on their hands and knees looking for scraps....when she is out there somewhere. I still believe she is close to her home where she screamed. I wish they would go back there.

Maybe they need cadaver dogs.
JMO

bbm... I respectfully disagree. I think they are conducting an investigation into finding Holly. I do not see anything as a diversion. Just because there are no current volunteer searches does not mean that LE is not searching areas of interest on their own..

The entire thing is about Holly... whether that being finding/developing persons of interest, running down leads, using volunteers when they need them...

Jmhoo the investigation is all about finding Holly.

I hope they find her soon as well.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-28-2011, 08:51 AM
The very first day we heard that he had thought he "heard voices outside" or something to this effect. I couldn't find it for you, but I definitely remember hearing it. And, all 24 and 25 year olds are not the same. I have a son-in-law who works for Family Services and is 25 years old. He has a child and works, he's not sitting in a cave or wearing earpods. I think that's mostly a lot younger boys and just a few are still doing it at that age. Heck, some are still doing it at 30. But I don't agree that a 24-25 year old would not be looking out the window. You had already said this in a previous thread and someone from a similar area had told you that they have stood at their window drinking their coffee since they were a young man. Places surrounded by the beauty of nature is not like a suburban area. We have woods behind our house and I always stand at the window and look out. Granted, I'm not 25 years old. But, I don't see anything at all suspicious about this.

Totally agree! My 25 year old son is in grad school and rents a house in a wooded area, he tells me all the time about the wildlife he sees there as he gazes out the window. Nature is beautiful and sometimes even the young enjoy it and seek it out. I don't think it unusual at all that Clint looked out the window.

norest4thewicked
04-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Totally agree! My 25 year old son is in grad school and rents a house in a wooded area, he tells me all the time about the wildlife he sees there as he gazes out the window. Nature is beautiful and sometimes even the young enjoy it and seek it out. I don't think it unusual at all that Clint looked out the window.

Yes. I think that it's hard for a lot of people to understand life in a rural area and how people really are a bit different in their "ways" than those in the big city. I grew up in a big city in California and now live in Nashville, but I lived in rural areas for a lot of my life in between (Alaska) and can tell you that its just a different kind of life. I don't fault anyone because they don't understand it. I can't understand a lot of things about big city living, and I live in one! :D

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Good mornin y'all... I see no new news. Not even new old news :ohoh:

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 09:19 AM

LOL im not talking about married or men with kids im talking about 25 yr olds still home LOL a diff creature lol sure they have jobs but mom feeds them does the laundry lol I did not mean to classify all the same I apologise.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 09:21 AM
summary of events and dispelling rumors. Good read.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I guess it is diff we live in a gated community we have turtles and gators frogs lol my kids are not impressed lol

LOL im not saying my kids dont look out their windows but its not a dail ymorning thing LOL ...

shefner
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Our poor thread is grinding to a halt. Please, LE, give us something....anything....to go on.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Carla!

I think many of those Rumors will eventually be truth!

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Our poor thread is grinding to a halt. Please, LE, give us something....anything....to go on.

LOL everyone is out reading the latest rumors.. They will return !

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 09:29 AM
'
I think the storms last night knocked many of them off line i hope they are ok
alot of lives were lost 178 ....

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 09:31 AM
'
I think the storms last night knocked many of them off line i hope they are ok
alot of lives were lost 178 ....

so far its 194 and rising ... very sad.

liltexans
04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Shefner, I'm sorry to hear about what you and your family have gone through. That sounds incredibly frightening. In Holly's case, I don't think we have any confirmation that a similar situation existed.

SDT
04-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I am still new, so I am wondering how do I PM a moderator so that I can ask for permission to post some information that I just stumbled across? TIA

belimom
04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I am still new, so I am wondering how do I PM a moderator so that I can ask for permission to post some information that I just stumbled across? TIA

You can scroll down to the bottom to 'view forum leaders', or you can hit the 'alert' button (the red/white triangle) in the top right corner of each message box (such as the one where you asked the question) and ask them that way.

:)

Daisyjane
04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes. I think that it's hard for a lot of people to understand life in a rural area and how people really are a bit different in their "ways" than those in the big city. I grew up in a big city in California and now live in Nashville, but I lived in rural areas for a lot of my life in between (Alaska) and can tell you that its just a different kind of life. I don't fault anyone because they don't understand it. I can't understand a lot of things about big city living, and I live in one! :D

ITA. The boys in a community like this are raised on hunting, fishing, camping. His father runs a business that's very dependent on weather. Or maybe he just looked out as he was passing a window on his way to the fridge or coffeepot. I think we are really starved for news if we are now scrutinizing why people look out the windows of their own homes!

belimom
04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
ITA. The boys in a community like this are raised on hunting, fishing, camping. His father runs a business that's very dependent on weather. Or maybe he just looked out as he was passing a window on his way to the fridge or coffeepot. I think we are really starved for news if we are now scrutinizing why people look out the windows of their own homes!

That's what I was thinking - that he was walking past a window and just happened to notice them outside.

FYI, I'm from a small rural town and everyone wears camo. My dad and older brother hunt anything that moves so they wear it a lot. But even my younger brother who doesn't hunt at all wears it to work in the yard, etc. He has two sons (8 and 2) who also wear camo hats, pants, etc. As a teen, I had camo pants and shorts. I now live in a metro area yet my own children (DS and DD) both have camo shorts.

chasing.halos
04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm curious.... A lot of people believe that Holly is stashed somewhere in the woods or in a cabin. I wonder if they would still think that if the man she was seen with was wearing jeans and a t-shirt or a full on suit and tie?

I sadly don't believe Holly is still alive. Based on how long she has been missing the statistics are totally against a live Holly. I think the "clues" found may have been thrown out the window of a car by the abductor or Holly herself.

I really hope I am wrong and Holly is somewhere safe.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
so far its 194 and rising ... very sad.

it is very sad! Ill take my chances with the hurricanes at least they give ya a chance to run ! You know they are comming!

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM

I wasnt SCRUTINIZING i was wondering if maybe he HEARD something outside like voices a car door slamming heck no one even knows what room hes in
I was just wondering if he heard something that made him look.

OldSteve
04-28-2011, 10:16 AM
I've not seen it mentioned what kind of business HB's father has?

Yellow Rose
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I've not seen it mentioned what kind of business HB's father has?

Last I read, it was a lumber or tree service business

concentric
04-28-2011, 10:28 AM
OldSteve:

Holly's father is in the tree trimming business.
(I'll get a link if I need to, but I'm sure someone will get back on here with the link that has already been posted upstream in the threads.)

When I thought of the tree trimming business, my mind went to:

I wonder if they have logging there, and if so, I posted: Wonder if they are searching on logging roads? No one answered. But later I did read in an article, that the searchers are searching ATV trails and logging roads.

The reason I ask is obvious, and there have been many cases where perps. have gone down logging roads to leave their victims.

AlexLouise44
04-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi all,
I've been lurking since the second day of these threads. Question: Where is the link to the basement thread? I've been apart of WS for about a year but rarely post so I am unsure of this.

My theory on this is that Holly was clearly lead away by someone she is familiar with. It seems to me that this man was "trying to show" Holly possibly a turkey that he killed etc. Looking at the maps its entirely possible that he had a planned get a way with her. I want to believe that she is still alive but at the same time I don't think she is. It tells me a lot that LE has stuck to searching within the town. I wish they would release more information to the public because we really honestly don't have much to go by. It seems that we are just going in circles now, which is a problem.

As far as the items that have been found...it is possible that it is the perp trying to screw up the investigation. There have been cases where the perp has helped LE (Zahra Baker) to find things they may need. I think that the perp in this case is starting to think they have gotten away with though. And that makes me livid to think that someone is walking around town thinking they have gotten away with it. Any way that's just my two cents.

Also, I have a friend who has just finished her last year in nursing school (she graduates in about three weeks), and I was wondering what year Holly was at as of right now? I know that, according to my friend, you have to do a lot of on site exams at the hospital towards finals. Is it entirely possible that someone at the hospital she was working/interning at maybe got a little obsessed with her and then started planning this whole abduction thing?

concentric
04-28-2011, 10:35 AM
About the logging roads, search:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110426/NEWS25/104260311/Stormy-weather-delay-search-hunt-Holly-Bobo-continues

Jami Brownyard spent Saturday among the volunteers searching logging and four-wheeler trails near Bobo's home

WideOpen
04-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Back to the morning of the abduction.
As far as I can tell the theory has been that the brother saw Holly being led to the edge of the woods. It would help if we had more information knew which direction the brother was looking out the window. Was the carport and driveway in view? Supposedly we are lead to believe they either walked or took off through the woods on an ATV and at a later point Holly was put into a car and whisked away. What was done with the ATV, did the perp leave it behind or take the time to trailer it off?
I have had a nagging question in the back of my mind but what if the perp parked at the Bobo property, maybe even in the driveway. Holly could have put up a fight which caused the blood in the carport at that time, which would explain why no further blood evidence found trailing to the woods and would also explain why search dogs also stopped at the tree line.
Is it possible clint saw Holly and perp outside which seemed innocent then jumped in shower? The perp walks her back to the carport where she resists and Clint heard the scream or commotion in his own driveway?

JMO and nagging questions

ensht
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm curious.... A lot of people believe that Holly is stashed somewhere in the woods or in a cabin. I wonder if they would still think that if the man she was seen with was wearing jeans and a t-shirt or a full on suit and tie?

I sadly don't believe Holly is still alive. Based on how long she has been missing the statistics are totally against a live Holly. I think the "clues" found may have been thrown out the window of a car by the abductor or Holly herself.

I really hope I am wrong and Holly is somewhere safe.

I'm starting to believe the same, I think a lot of this is an attempt to smoke out the suspects.

VicVixvi
04-28-2011, 10:45 AM

If they have a particular perp in mind that perhaps works at MTS and know he smokes a specific brand of cigarettes, they could test it for his DNA. And yes, I believe that they would test every cigarette in an area (but probably not for miles of road..) if needed.

Not saying that's what they were doing, just throwing that out as a possibility. If they had to be down on their hands and knees to find whatever it was, it had to have been small and they had to have something specific in mind that they were searching for.

Greengreen commented in an earlier post that she thought they did the entire stretch of road in which case you are correct that it is probably not a cig butt.

Strawberry Fields
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I wasnt SCRUTINIZING i was wondering if maybe he HEARD something outside like voices a car door slamming heck no one even knows what room hes in
I was just wondering if he heard something that made him look.
This exact question had been on my mind in the beginning as well, Eileen. It was my thought that something may have happened to cause him to look at the window at the exact time to see Holly being led away into the woods. I am in a rural area myself and have been here in this same place for 25 years on 5 acres and a long driveway. In summertime/spring cannot see neighbors houses. Only time I usually look out a window is if I hear someone come up the driveway or maybe once in a while to see deer or the birdfeeder. Guess I'm not very observant or rather dull otherwise LOL. I did not consider it odd he looked out, but just had wondered what caused him to look at the time he looked.

VicVixvi
04-28-2011, 10:49 AM

Just some thoughts!

It could be something as simple as he got out of the shower and was looking to see if his sister was gone so he knew rather he needed to wrap in a towel or not before he ran down the hall to his room.

I bet you look out the window far more than you realize you do...

concentric
04-28-2011, 10:50 AM
JMO -

I was kindof thinking that if a passerby saw an object along the side of the road, he/she would have to be alerted to it by something. The pink t-shirt would be visible and the fact that it was reported that Holly was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt would draw someone's eye.

OldSteve
04-28-2011, 10:51 AM
OldSteve:

Holly's father is in the tree trimming business.
(I'll get a link if I need to, but I'm sure someone will get back on here with the link that has already been posted upstream in the threads.)

When I thought of the tree trimming business, my mind went to:

I wonder if they have logging there, and if so, I posted: Wonder if they are searching on logging roads? No one answered. But later I did read in an article, that the searchers are searching ATV trails and logging roads.

The reason I ask is obvious, and there have been many cases where perps. have gone down logging roads to leave their victims.

Thanks for this info! I wonder if his business would be the kind where workers would normally meet him at his home in the early morning before going out on a job.... perhaps around the time HB normally would be leaving for school...

imamaze
04-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi all,
I've been lurking since the second day of these threads. Question: Where is the link to the basement thread? I've been apart of WS for about a year but rarely post so I am unsure of this.

My theory on this is that Holly was clearly lead away by someone she is familiar with. It seems to me that this man was "trying to show" Holly possibly a turkey that he killed etc. Looking at the maps its entirely possible that he had a planned get a way with her. I want to believe that she is still alive but at the same time I don't think she is. It tells me a lot that LE has stuck to searching within the town. I wish they would release more information to the public because we really honestly don't have much to go by. It seems that we are just going in circles now, which is a problem.

As far as the items that have been found...it is possible that it is the perp trying to screw up the investigation. There have been cases where the perp has helped LE (Zahra Baker) to find things they may need. I think that the perp in this case is starting to think they have gotten away with though. And that makes me livid to think that someone is walking around town thinking they have gotten away with it. Any way that's just my two cents.

Also, I have a friend who has just finished her last year in nursing school (she graduates in about three weeks), and I was wondering what year Holly was at as of right now? I know that, according to my friend, you have to do a lot of on site exams at the hospital towards finals. Is it entirely possible that someone at the hospital she was working/interning at maybe got a little obsessed with her and then started planning this whole abduction thing?

Hi! Its actually the Parking Lot, although no threads for Holly right now. We also have the Scanner Thread in the Parking Lot as well. Here are the links...
The Parking Lot
Scanner thread for Holly

norest4thewicked
04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
We must continually keep in mind that while we wish that we had more info to go on, LE could care less what people on a chat forum are wishing for. They don't release information according to the wants and needs of people who are theorizing from a faraway place. Their goal is to bring Holly home and nothing else. What seems silly to us is obviously being done for a reason. What might seem an "obvious" observation to us might be far from the truth. I don't fault LE at all for anything they've done so far because we don't know what's being done. I think that when Holly is found, we will be able to look back and talk about what LE should or should not have done.

tfrohning
04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I think that they might found her cell phone and with searchers on their hands and knees I think they were looking for sim card.

VicVixvi
04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Okay, I guess I'm not supposed to post the link, but Holly's father owns Bobo's Timber Service, Inc. established in 2010.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 11:08 AM
As far as I can tell the theory has been that the brother saw Holly being led to the edge of the woods. It would help if we had more information knew which direction the brother was looking out the window. Was the carport and driveway in view? Supposedly we are lead to believe they either walked or took off through the woods on an ATV and at a later point Holly was put into a car and whisked away. What was done with the ATV, did the perp leave it behind or take the time to trailer it off?
I have had a nagging question in the back of my mind but what if the perp parked at the Bobo property, maybe even in the driveway. Holly could have put up a fight which caused the blood in the carport at that time, which would explain why no further blood evidence found trailing to the woods and would also explain why search dogs also stopped at the tree line.
Is it possible clint saw Holly and perp outside which seemed innocent then jumped in shower? The perp walks her back to the carport where she resists and Clint heard the scream or commotion in his own driveway?

Ya know wide i was thinking about a car also the house has this road that goes from the road down that long road to the house and all the way around to the back of the house where that little parking area is, does that road lead out thru the back too? to maybe another road? i need pics again lol

Oh I dont think clint heard a scream the neighbor did!

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 11:08 AM

LE has said where they believe Holly and the suspect went into the woods. Oddly they said indirectly they knew where he/they came out of the woods. Fairly early on, in an interview, LE stated they knew the entry and exit points to the woods.

Clint did not hear the screams that was an unidentified woman/assumed to be neighbor. It is not known the exact timeline between the brother's 911 call and the woman's.

I don't think they walked into the woods (which Clint saw) then came back to the car port then walked back to the woods again.

I do not believe the suggestion that an ATV was used. Given that the suspect seems to have driven away on main roads (since items have been found in at least two locations off the road) I would assume he was in a car or truck. You would not drive around with a captive sitting on the back of an ATV.

My initial theory that I still believe is the suspect had a car/truck parked in the tree line or on a path/trail behind the tree line and in easy access.

wfgodot
04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure how LE gets a free ticket here, at two weeks and counting, with so little given, and much of that given in a manner not only erratic but also open to interpretation because of its vague nature. We wish for transparency in all government dealings, but to view LE's performance to date is like staring into frosted glass. But my greatest criticism I direct to the press, not for its factuality in reporting what has been said, but for its apparent recalcitrance to probe further into what has been done.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I think that they might found her cell phone and with searchers on their hands and knees I think they were looking for sim card.

I agree!

YellowDog
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I keep thinking about the word "gamechanger" and wondering why it was used. There seemed to be a much more optimistic feeling after that word was put out there.

I'm wondering if the Bobo family could have gotten an anonymous phone call requesting ransom money. It could have been done from a throwaway phone and I'm not sure how traceable those are. This would explain the need for protection around their house and give hope that Holly is still alive. This could also be the reason LE has tightened their lips and is not giving any press conferences.

AlexLouise44
04-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I keep thinking about the word "gamechanger" and wondering why it was used. There seemed to be a much more optimistic feeling after that word was put out there.

I'm wondering if the Bobo family could have gotten an anonymous phone call requesting ransom money. It could have been done from a throwaway phone and I'm not sure how traceable those are. This would explain the need for protection around their house and give hope that Holly is still alive. This could also be the reason LE has tightened their lips and is not giving any press conferences.

BBM, that actually makes a lot of sense to me. As soon as a I read that I got this feeling in my gut that this could be the case. I know that LE are keeping things quiet for a reason but there have been cases in the past that in the end...keeping quiet did nothing to help anyone. Hopefully this is not one of those.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM

IDK... it wasnt LE that used the gamechanger word. It was I believe a reporter asking about it and LE kindasorta said yeah maybe... I recall a day or so later it was also reported the find may not be significant as was first thought. And also that whatever it was would not be made public. SO its all very frustrating and unusual.

YellowDog
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
A ransom call would certainly change the direction of the investigation and give hope that Holly is alive.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
911 calls

WSMV.com*reported that authorities said the 911 center received two phone calls the morning Holly was abducted - one call was from Clint, the other was from a woman police did not identify.

It is well-known that Clint called 911, but it has not been confirmed who made the second call.

Asked to confirm if the neighbor called 911, Helm said, “I’m unaware that a neighbor made a 911 call.”*

The assumption has been that Holly’s neighbor heard Holly scream and called 911 on the morning of Holly's abduction.*

Asked to confirm when the TBI got involved in Holly's case Helm said, "We got the call within 1-2 hours after the 911 call [made by Clint Bobo] was made."

I'm quoting that from the examiner article someone linked to earlier in this thread.........it has been my understanding that Karen Bobo got the call from Clint while she was at school and both she and Clint called 911...... Where I remember that from, I don't know....

concentric
04-28-2011, 11:28 AM
LE has said where they believe Holly and the suspect went into the woods. Oddly they said indirectly they knew where he/they came out of the woods. Fairly early on, in an interview, LE stated they knew the entry and exit points to the woods.

----------------------------
I know that in a news report on video, can't wade through everything right now to find it, that one of the very first things LE did is determine what the ingress and egress points were from those woods, as in roads, be they trails, dirt or paved roads.

YellowDog
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
If LE knows the egress point, they can probably tell whether it was a car, truck or ATV by the tire imprint size.

NCSleuth
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Wasn't the word gamechanger actually used by the interviewer? not the spokesperson. If I am not mistakes, I believe the interviewer asked the spokesperson if this find could be a gamechanger. The spokesperson kind of agreed, but don't think he actually used that term.

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
summary of events and dispelling rumors. Good read.

Identifying persons of interest

CBS reported, "Tennessee law enforcement officials say that the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo is narrowing, as they begin the process of identifying persons of interest in the case."

An email was sent to Kristin Helm, the spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, Wednesday to confirm the CBS report.

This was Helm's response: "No, that's incorrect. What I told the reporter was that our investigation was narrowing, there was no mention of a person of interest.

"Meaning that there's a lot of things we know now that we didn't know ten days ago and that our investigation is more focused. We are currently still following all leads."

This article denies MSM reported information. Above is just one example. Misreporting and various TBI retractions and subsequent attempts by reporters/bloggers to "correct MSM" in this case are beyond aggravating.

Who knows if this article, dispelling inaccuracies, is accurate? It attempts to be a thorough review of fact vs. rumor and it does contain some documented info - all in one place.

Like Carla said, worth a read.

While I'm out today I'll get several more boxes of Morton's. I hear when it rains (lots of that lately), it pours.

Keeping Holly in my thoughts.

YellowDog
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I believe the interviewer did use the word "gamechanger" and the spokesperson more or less agreed. He did not say "no, it is not a gamechanger" and I would take that as being in agreement.

Wasn't the word gamechanger actually used by the interviewer? not the spokesperson. If I am not mistakes, I believe the interviewer asked the spokesperson if this find could be a gamechanger. The spokesperson kind of agreed, but don't think he actually used that term.

concentric
04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
OK, found my source for the: exits and entrances, egress points, tire tracks, etc.:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

MARK GWYN, DIRECTOR, TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: We feel like the person that`s responsible for Holly Bobo`s disappearance lives in this area just because of the terrain and where she was abducted from.

You would have to know where you were going, the entrances, the exits in order to do this.

BRAD DENNIS, DIRECTOR OF SEARCH OPERATIONS, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: That should be the very first place that the investigators and search managers looked at from the beginning days, was what was the egress routes away from that home through those woods? Where was the vehicle accessibility points and check those areas out for tire impressions.

I don't think it was ever stated by LE that they knew the specific entry and exit points that the abductor and Holly took.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
This exact question had been on my mind in the beginning as well, Eileen. It was my thought that something may have happened to cause him to look at the window at the exact time to see Holly being led away into the woods. I am in a rural area myself and have been here in this same place for 25 years on 5 acres and a long driveway. In summertime/spring cannot see neighbors houses. Only time I usually look out a window is if I hear someone come up the driveway or maybe once in a while to see deer or the birdfeeder. Guess I'm not very observant or rather dull otherwise LOL. I did not consider it odd he looked out, but just had wondered what caused him to look at the time he looked.

Exactly maybe he heard her go out the back door? the door slammed.
I just think something made him look out.
Heck i dont know what door she went out! Im assuming!

YellowDog
04-28-2011, 11:48 AM
For some reason, I thought she exited the front door and was accosted on the drive and led down the path or drive in front of the house to the woods.
I think I may have just surmised this from google photos of the house posted on here.

Exactly maybe he heard her go out the back door? the door slammed.
I just think something made him look out.
Heck i dont know what door she went out! Im assuming!

Mountain_Kat
04-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Just because someone wears camo does not mak ehim a hunter! JMO
I think that was just a diversion. and it worked how do you desribe a person in camo?

The guy was wearing camo LOL

No, the camo had nothing what so ever to do with why that was the first thought that jumped into my mind. I live in TN, everyone wears camo...even babies and little old ladies. LOL! I think the hunter thing jumped into my mind because he came out of the woods. Who knows? Like I said, I always get stupid visuals of places I haven't actually seen. It's just a quirk of how my mind works. I even do it with books I read. Later, when a movie is made from the book, I'm always furious because they don't get the look of the location right. *giggles* But anyway, I just mentioned those first thoughts as an aside really. Another poster asked if anyone had considered that the blood found might not be human, and I was simply replying that, yes, I had considered that, but that I considered it more because of that quirk of my brain function, rather than based on any factual info. :)

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 11:49 AM
OK, found my source for the: exits and entrances, egress points, tire tracks, etc.:

MARK GWYN, DIRECTOR, TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: We feel like the person that`s responsible for Holly Bobo`s disappearance lives in this area just because of the terrain and where she was abducted from.

You would have to know where you were going, the entrances, the exits in order to do this.

BRAD DENNIS, DIRECTOR OF SEARCH OPERATIONS, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: That should be the very first place that the investigators and search managers looked at from the beginning days, was what was the egress routes away from that home through those woods? Where was the vehicle accessibility points and check those areas out for tire impressions.

I don't think it was ever stated by LE that they knew the specific entry and exit points that the abductor and Holly took.

Thats not the dialogue I was thinking. The words entrance and gress were used specifically. Basically it was something like this PARAPHRASED... Q to LE Do you know where they entered the woods? Yes at this time we know the entrance and egress points.

concentric
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
So, if they found tire tracks at the egress point, did the molds of the imprints and compare them for example to the area alongside the road where the duct tape was found, other evidence was found or for example, track marks on logging roads, and if they match, it might be possible to chart a route?

WideOpen

Clint did not hear the screams that was an unidentified woman/assumed to be neighbor. It is not known the exact timeline between the brother's 911 call and the woman's.

I don't think they walked into the woods (which Clint saw) then came back to the car port then walked back to the woods again.

I do not believe the suggestion that an ATV was used. Given that the suspect seems to have driven away on main roads (since items have been found in at least two locations off the road) I would assume he was in a car or truck. You would not drive around with a captive sitting on the back of an ATV.

My initial theory that I still believe is the suspect had a car/truck parked in the tree line or on a path/trail behind the tree line and in easy access.

Thanks Carla,
Do you have a link to the article where LE stated they knew the entrance and exit points? I do remember speculation on this but never read the interview.
So Holly screams as he is putting her in his truck? (???)
The neighbor calls Bobo's out of concern and that compels clint to check on status and he finds blood at carport?

I guess I am trying to put a logical series of events in this using the few facts we have, and I need to purge my brain of all the rumors.

I have been optimistic and felt Holly was alive until the last few days, now I am becoming concerned. Reporting ( or lack of ) and information is starting to appear ominous and all the odd tidbits we are hearing just aren't coming together for me.

I'm going in circles, what do all you ol'timers here call that?

JMO

Yellow Rose
"You would have to know where you were going, the entrances, the exits in order to do this.

BRAD DENNIS, DIRECTOR OF SEARCH OPERATIONS, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: That should be the very first place that the investigators and search managers looked at from the beginning days, was what was the egress routes away from that home through those woods? Where was the vehicle accessibility points and check those areas out for tire impressions. "

There is SO VERY LITTLE that we know on this case! It's very frustrating. For all we do know, maybe LE (if entrances and exits are known) already has some evidence picked up from there.

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
-watch the full interview re:game-changer. TBI was rather enthusiastic, but it was just a voice interview. :shrug:

-I go to the window when the dog's out there barking ...this has been mentioned before quite a few times. Is the dog barking at leaves, my neighbor getting in the car, a pesky squirrel, or is someone here?

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057821-504083.html

Police say they have begun the process of identifying persons of interest in the case.

another point of view. whatever. :maddening:

Abba's Tears
04-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi All-

There were some questions yesterday about an Amber Alert being issued for Holly since she is over 17. Hopefully this may help clarify...

Suzanne's Law (named after Suzanne Lyall, missing from the State University of New York at Albany since 1998) was signed by President Bush in 2003 and requires that LE immediately enter any missing person 21 or younger into NCIC, and notify the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

http://www.achildismissing.org/suzanne.asp

There were too many young people between 17-21 that were falling through the cracks of the system, so this was the fix. This does not automatically mean an Amber Alert will be issued (or should be), but it is an option if the case fits the need for one.

There was an Amber Alert issued for Holly however I do not know which agency it originated from. Amber Alerts are posted for 10 days at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (linked below) and then available by searching their missing children database.

www.missingkids.com/

Hope this is helpful.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Carla,
Do you have a link to the article where LE stated they knew the entrance and exit points? I do remember speculation on this but never read the interview.
So Holly screams as he is putting her in his truck? (???)
The neighbor calls Bobo's out of concern and that compels clint to check on status and he finds blood at carport?

Man its been two weeks more or less. I imagine it was posted here back then. I watched mostly mainstream vids too so Fox, CBS etc. I don't think it was from a written article. I heard it on a video interview or maybe a Q&A after one of the PCs.

I have no reason to believe the neighbor called Clint who then went out to the car port. That scenario has never been reported anywhere. The neighbor seems to have called 911. Besides these neighbors are not close so if someone heard a scream coming from the woods its easier to call 911. I do think she screamed at some point while he was moving her through th woods to his car/truck or at his car. Maybe when he stopped to tape or bind her>

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 11:59 AM
For some reason, I thought she exited the front door and was accosted on the drive and led down the path or drive in front of the house to the woods.
I think I may have just surmised this from google photos of the house posted on here.

Maybe she did wasnt it reported at one time the blood was at the front door?

wonder where her car was?

greengreen
04-28-2011, 11:59 AM
911 calls

WSMV.com*reported that authorities said the 911 center received two phone calls the morning Holly was abducted - one call was from Clint, the other was from a woman police did not identify.

It is well-known that Clint called 911, but it has not been confirmed who made the second call.

Asked to confirm if the neighbor called 911, Helm said, “I’m unaware that a neighbor made a 911 call.”*

The assumption has been that Holly’s neighbor heard Holly scream and called 911 on the morning of Holly's abduction.*

Asked to confirm when the TBI got involved in Holly's case Helm said, "We got the call within 1-2 hours after the 911 call [made by Clint Bobo] was made."

I'm quoting that from the examiner article someone linked to earlier in this thread.........it has been my understanding that Karen Bobo got the call from Clint while she was at school and both she and Clint called 911...... Where I remember that from, I don't know....

That is what I was told happened. I do not know of that ever being reported in the media.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Maybe she did wasnt it reported at one time the blood was at the front door?

wonder where her car was?

As I recall the so called car port or "garage" as some reports state is a slab somewhere around the house that people park their cars and not necessarily what you or I might call a car port (covered parking spot at the side of a house next to the side door.)

Emma Peel
04-28-2011, 12:01 PM
AP story on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5msCVpEMgM&feature=player_embedded#at=31

"Authorities say their investigation into her disappearance is getting narrower. But they say they have not identified any particular suspect. A spokesperson for TBI says the agency is in the process of identifying people of interest and many possibilities have been ruled out."

:truce:

concentric
04-28-2011, 12:02 PM

I don't think you're going to find any source where LE states a specific point of entrance or exit the abductor and Holly took. If you do, I'll eat my hat...

WideOpen
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Gosh I just this morning read an article stating he saw them going to the tree line from the back of the home, I'll see if I can find it.

A neighbor called police after hearing Bobo scream, and a family member saw the man in camouflage drag her from their carport toward the woods behind their home, authorities said.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110414/NEWS25/110414004/-1/news25/Volunteers-resumed-search-missing-woman-early-morning-search-intensifies

Oriah
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi All-

There were some questions yesterday about an Amber Alert being issued for Holly since she is over 17. Hopefully this may help clarify...

Suzanne's Law (named after Suzanne Lyall, missing from the State University of New York at Albany since 1998) was signed by President Bush in 2003 and requires that LE immediately enter any missing person 21 or younger into NCIC, and notify the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

http://www.achildismissing.org/suzanne.asp

There were too many young people between 17-21 that were falling through the cracks of the system, so this was the fix. This does not automatically mean an Amber Alert will be issued (or should be), but it is an option if the case fits the need for one.

There was an Amber Alert issued for Holly however I do not know which agency it originated from. Amber Alerts are posted for 10 days at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (linked below) and then available by searching their missing children database.

www.missingkids.com/ (http://www.missingkids.com/)

Hope this is helpful.

Welcome Abba's Tears, and thank you for posting this.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM

I don't think you're going to find any source where LE states a specific point of entrance or exit the abductor and Holly took. If you do, I'll eat my hat...

Thats the transcript from a/one Nancy Grace episode only. I did not watch that so it wasn't from there. Thinking back it was before that show aired?

SmoothOperator
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Re: the opinion that Holly is most likely not alive and the evidence wouldnt be dumped IMO if he were keeping her. Sadly i geel this is most likely the case and more and more i am thinking of Kristi Cormwell's case in Georgia and if it is indeed true that the perp in Holly's case has thrown out several pieces of evidence linking him to Holly out on the sides of roads, then it would be even more like Kristi's case where the perp threw out some of Kristi's things along a couple miles random sides of the road(cell phone found within dqys of Kristi's abduction).. Which again IMO WAS for reasons of ridding himself of anything tying him to Kristi. He didnt wait and just keep her belongings together and burned and partially buried in another remote location like he easily could have but rather IMO ite most likely instinct on the part of the perp and his paranoia kicking in of somehow in any way being tied to or linked back to this person who is about to reported as missing and no doubt LE/family at the very least will be searching for her so the perp is wanting to as quickly as possible get rid of as much as possible that could/would tie him to her.

Re: LE making the statement that they are going to be using the tactic of imvestigating possible perps and attempt to solve who is responsible for Holly's abduction and not be focusing on the seArch so much.
This too imo is possibly indicative of a lost sense of urgency of a search and rescue for Holly and more so following another route in investigating in order to solved this crime. No longer do i feel any sense of urgency that she needs to be found immrdiately yhru search and rescue.. Sadly i feel as tho Holly wasnt alive much longer after that wednesday mormimg 2 weeks ago. Jmo tho!!

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM

You know it was (probably posted) and discussed here. Other people noted it was odd the term egress was used (implying they knew where he/they came out of the woods.

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Gosh I just this morning read an article stating he saw them going to the tree line from the back of the home, I'll see if I can find it.

A neighbor called police after hearing Bobo scream, and a family member saw the man in camouflage drag her from their carport toward the woods behind their home, authorities said.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110414/NEWS25/110414004/-1/news25/Volunteers-resumed-search-missing-woman-early-morning-search-intensifies

But that article also states a neighbor called 911 which the TBI has no knowledge of a neighbor calling. There has been a lot of inaccurate reporting in this case. I was told the carport had been enclosed and a room made out of it and that the whole family parked in the driveway. I do not know that to be factual.

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
AP story on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5msCVpEMgM&feature=player_embedded#at=31

:truce:

Its narrow alright!

SmoothOperator
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Please forgive all posting errors.. Due to the recent storms in our area i am still without internet connection.. Therefor posting via mobile and is not near as easy, accurate, and able to edit my posts as it is on my laptop.. Please forgive all the many errors:)

concentric
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=WideOpen;6406843]
I'm going in circles, what do all you ol'timers here call that?

---------------------

"spiraling out"

DENNIS: Yes, absolutely. I mean, that lunchbox and knowing that that is definitely hers gives investigators and search teams a critical piece of evidence. Someone was in that area. Now we need to go and start spiraling out from there and expanding our search from that area.

There's also something in investigation called concentric circling.

YellowDog
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Now, that makes me wonder if the back of the house or the front of the house faces the road.

curiousc
04-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I want to go back to the other day when greengreen said that he was told that the situation is like a "powder keg." I've also read elsewhere that the situation is "volatile."

Volatile and Powder Keg is really the same terminology so really they confirm what each of the people are saying.

Now if Holly's parents are in the fact in the know who is responsible (I truly feel they do) and knowing that they have LE standing on guard outside their home 24/7, what is the theory that would coincide with the terms "powder keg" and "volatile?"

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Now, that makes me wonder if the back of the house or the front of the house faces the road.

The house faces the road. There is a picture of it with a link somewhere on here.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Ok here is a picture of the front of Holly's house. It is picture 6 out of 6 in the slide show.

Assuming that is the front door, it looks possibly that there is some sort of garage or enclosed area to the left (blocked by a tree).

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/TN-dad-says-whoever-abducted-daughter-knew-routine-1337765.php

I think this is the driveway... the house is set far back.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110414/NEWS05/104140444/Search-Tenn-woman-seen-dragged-from-home?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

There seems to be some distance between the house and the tree line. A while back some overhead (helicopter?) photos were posted.

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I want to go back to the other day when greengreen said that he was told that the situation is like a "powder keg." I've also read elsewhere that the situation is "volatile."

Volatile and Powder Keg is really the same terminology so really they confirm what each of the people are saying.

Now if Holly's parents are in the fact in the know who is responsible (I truly feel they do) and knowing that they have LE standing on guard outside their home 24/7, what is the theory that would coincide with the terms "powder keg" and "volatile?"

Well I would like to know, too. Another thing I heard was "this could go either way". I mean I really didn't think ransom but now I'm thinking maybe? To me it implies that the person that has her is not stable. What does everyone else think?

RoseRed
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Community going after the perp?

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM

LOL omg your making me DIZZY lol

but thats a great question!!!

curiousc
04-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Well I would like to know, too. Another thing I heard was "this could go either way". I mean I really didn't think ransom but now I'm thinking maybe? To me it implies that the person that has her is not stable. What does everyone else think?

It very well could be that the person is not stable. You have a point!

Could it be that there is a personal vendetta against the entire family? Could it be that the relatives of the perp could lash out?

Could it be that maybe they think Holly is alive and if they tread in the wrong direction, Holly may be killed?

Could it be that really it was a home invasion as they suggested at the very beginning?

Could it be that more than one perp is involved?

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I said a few days cops around a house can be there to keep people out but also to keep people in (and under observation).

But really dont have any real idea of what is going on. Much of it is just confusing. I can only think of the types of crimes it DOES NOT resemble, at least in obvious ways.

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok here is a picture of the front of Holly's house. It is picture 6 out of 6 in the slide show.

Assuming that is the front door, it looks possibly that there is some sort of garage or enclosed area to the left (blocked by a tree).

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/TN-dad-says-whoever-abducted-daughter-knew-routine-1337765.php

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110414/NEWS05/104140444/Search-Tenn-woman-seen-dragged-from-home?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

There seems to be some distance between the house and the tree line. A while back some overhead (helicopter?) photos were posted.

There are some more pics on here somewhere. I think it was in the link a mod posted right before she closed the thread in the past day or two. It showed he whole area. The first picture makes sense with what I was told that the carport had been enclosed into a room. I'm sure the family had called it the carport for so long that that did not change. That would fit with the theory of home invasion IMO, and still with the brother saying the carport and that is where the blood is.

curiousc
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM

You know what? I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I've heard that locals say that if they find out who did this, they would love to take matters in their own hands. And just maybe they might.

And another reason why the POI(s) names have not been released. And I am fairly confident they do have POI(s). IMO

Eileen730
04-28-2011, 12:27 PM

things that mke ya go HMMMMMM!

I think Hollys family need someone outside their home just to keep everyone away.. Im not reading anything into that...
What i think is maybe some ppl in that community have made up their own minds who did it and maybe are threatening some guys? \
JMO

greengreen
04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
You know what? I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I've heard that locals say that if they find out who did this, they would love to take matters in their own hands. And just maybe they might.

And another reason why the POI(s) names have not been released. And I am fairly confident they do have POI(s). IMO

It has been stated many times it would be better for LE to find him than a local.

YellowDog
Wow, that article says "dragging her BODY towards the woods". That's a lot different viewpoint than someone holding her arm and leading her towards the woods.

Thanks for the link. I always assumed Holly came out the front door, was accosted and led down that walkway shown in the photo to the woods. I thought the view on Google of the back of the house showed mostly pasture and an above ground swimming pool or a large tank behind the house.

Carla Lashelle

Angry mob... get your torches! get your rakes!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/slinky_chixx/mob.jpg

I would imagine there is a lot of tension in the community for a variety of reasons.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
There are some more pics on here somewhere. I think it was in the link a mod posted right before she closed the thread in the past day or two. It showed he whole area. The first picture makes sense with what I was told that the carport had been enclosed into a room. I'm sure the family had called it the carport for so long that that did not change. That would fit with the theory of home invasion IMO, and still with the brother saying the carport and that is where the blood is.

some of the very first statements I read said she was assaulted in her garage and would tie with the original home invasion description. ie being assaulted in an enclosed area would be "in" at least part of the home. But I have heard car port used to describe a slab around the corner? where they parked their cars.

curiousc
Angry mob... get your torches! get your rakes!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/slinky_chixx/mob.jpg

I would imagine there is a lot of tension in the community for a variety of reasons.

Thinking about it even more, this is a small community and they have ties to each other in many ways and know a lot about each other. This type of crime has probably never happened in that town before. Now one of their own has caused the disappearance of another one of their own from a respectable family and that would surely make a lot of people irate and want to take matters in their own hands.

Daisyjane

In my mind 'volatile' and 'powder keg' mean life is in danger. Holly's, I suspect.

Carla Lashelle
04-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow, that article says "dragging her BODY towards the woods". That's a lot different viewpoint than someone holding her arm and leading her towards the woods.

Thanks for the link. I always assumed Holly came out the front door, was accosted and led down that walkway shown in the photo to the woods. I thought the view on Google of the back of the house showed mostly pasture and an above ground swimming pool or a large tank behind the house.

There seems to be enough distance between the house and the tree line that if you saw someone entering the woods they would be some distance away from you. Maybe up to 50 yards?

Mountain_Kat
04-28-2011, 12:33 PM

My first thoughts after hearing those words were:

1). Ransom
2). Obsessed, unbalanced kid who fancies himself in love with Holly.

curiousc
04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
things that mke ya go HMMMMMM!

I think Hollys family need someone outside their home just to keep everyone away.. Im not reading anything into that...
What i think is maybe some ppl in that community have made up their own minds who did it and maybe are threatening some guys? \
JMO

I agree that a good part of the reason for the 24/7 guard is to keep people away. I just wondered if there was another reason after hearing those two terms being used.

mahmoo
04-28-2011, 12:35 PM
sbm

DENNIS: Yes, absolutely. I mean, that lunchbox and knowing that that is definitely hers gives investigators and search teams a critical piece of evidence. Someone was in that area. Now we need to go and start spiraling out from there and expanding our search from that area.

There's also something in investigation called concentric circling.
Speaking of the lunchbox.....maybe I missed it somewhere along the line but I thought the lunchbox was the only item found on the 14th. According to the 4/16/11 TBI Media Release (http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/SearchContinuesforMissingWoman.pdf):

Some of Holly’s personal belongings were found on a roadside Thursday night.bbm
The plural suggests more than one item of hers was found. Doesn't change anything really but I did find the wording interesting. Wonder what else of hers they found?