PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TobyWong*
04-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Good morning all! Another night falling asleep at the computer and waking up to this maddening silence.
I'm just gonna say what i thought about the find on Easter. I sit and read and refresh all day long when I'm stuck on a case like this and that Sunday in between festivities I kept my vigil going, growing disappointed as the day wore on. Then lo and behold there is a significant find. Instantly i thought it was just the Easter miricle everyone is hoping for. And my pessimist side said, well isnt that special. And since that time I dont think the find was much of anything but a way to give hope in a seemingly hopeless situation. The words 'game changer' to me can mean so many things, like for instance if they found a cig.butt it could change the direction if the suspect they had in mind does not smoke. i don't take her moms statments into account really, I can only imagine the overwhelming feelings she must go thru every hour of everyday and it being Easter and all, I figure she had some hope in her heart just being the inspirational day Easter is to some.
I hope I don't offend anyone. Theres so little to go on here. I thought the searches were dying down a lil and they wanted to give a big push that weekend (goodness it was just last weekend was'nt it). Honestly if it were that big of a find, I would think they would at least search another day in that area for any tiny bit of something more in the dirt. But nothing. jmo.

katydid23
04-30-2011, 06:56 AM
FYI:The weekend before this happened (maybe two weekends) Decatur Co. was host to St. Jude's World's Largest Coon Hunt. This event bring in strangers from all over the US. There are a lot of events that go on during this time, and most locals either participate in events or volunteer at this time. While I know they think it is someone local, I wonder if they have thought of the possibility of someone seeing her at this event and choosing her as a victim and possibly start following her then. I have seen or heard no talk about all the strangers who were recently in this town. This is not a rumor, just a question that has been in my mind, that has not gone away with any of the information that has been given.

While I am no longer a local, I lived in Parsons for 20 years and speak with someone or another from there on a daily basis. Holly is the very first thing that comes to my mind when I wake up in the morning, and the reason I am not asleep right now. I know how this is affecting her poor family, and I hope they get some answers soon.

:Welcome1:
Very nice to hear from someone with local ties. Someone else mentioned this Coon Hunt earlier. I think it could be important. It might have brought someone new in who saw her in town or in a diner or somewhere. I hope not because then he would be gone. I kind of hope she is being held by someone local though.

concentric
04-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Back to the thinking about a possible obsession transference from Whitney to Holly and the idea that the perp. would be aware that Holly was more vulnerable--no security, etc.
As I posted earlier, he could have found out Holly's address.

Did Holly attend the Country Music Awards Festival to watch Whitney's performance? Did they have pictures taken together while there?

Lots of people in that crowd.

Also, did Whitney perform at a State Fair?

34searcher
04-30-2011, 08:02 AM
silly question...but how to i verify myself as a local?

Oriah
04-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Are you involved in the case to know they are working well? Just curious as everyone seems to be getting conflicting information. What does the grade/ age and ISP together mean?

No, not involved in the case at all. I just meant the link was working well, and the technology was the age and grade. It does seem like there is a lot of conflicting info going on.

Patience
04-30-2011, 08:10 AM
silly question...but how to i verify myself as a local?
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
If a member wants to post as a professional ( a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.
wsverify@xmission.com (wsverify@xmission.com)
Please include:
The case
Their Websleuths name
Their phone number and a good time to call
Their real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.
All info will be kept strictly confidential
Thank you!

34searcher
04-30-2011, 08:16 AM
...and Bill Way's mysterious 3 days have come and gone.
:

i assume you are talking about bill way from news talk, what was this about?

concentric
04-30-2011, 08:24 AM
3rd comment on stalking behavior and JMO:

In the Whitney Duncan live performance videos, there are several men in the foreground taking numerous photographs. Granted, some of that is probably for news sources. However, an obsessed stalker would probably be a prolific picture taker.

CocoChanel
04-30-2011, 08:32 AM
i assume you are talking about bill way from news talk, what was this about?

Rumor that can't be discussed here, but there is a thread about it, now locked, in the Private Forums Parking Lot.

concentric
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM
JMO: I think that LE has threat assessment experts who are examining this case. Perhaps that is one reason why the TN Bureau of Safety and Homeland Security was called in.

This is a good article about FBI risk assessment: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_11_73/ai_n9522611/pg_2/?tag=mantle_skin;content:

NCAVC staff members can provide advice and assistance in the general areas of crimes against children and adults, counterterrorism, and threat assessment. Typical cases received for services include abductions and mysterious disappearances of children; serial murders; single homicides; serial rapes; threats; and assessments of dangerousness in matters, such as workplace, school, and domestic violence, as well as stalking. Other investigations that the unit responds to include extortions, kidnappings, product tampering, arsons and bombings, issues regarding weapons of mass destruction, and domestic and international terrorism. Annually, personnel handle more than 1,500 requests for assistance from both domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Sorry to go off track here for a second, but this is not always correct.

Now I'm not sure what the laws are surrounding this issue in the US, but here where I am in Australia it's not correct.

When someone turns 18 here, the records are not 'wiped clean' as many would believe. Instead, that happens at the age of 28.

During the ages of 18-28, convictions recorded whilst the person was a minor can be brought up in court if they are relevant to the matter currently being trialled. I'm interested to find out if this is the case in other jurisdictions.

Anyway, I hope Holly gets to come home soon. She is never far from my thoughts.

Also i dont think a restraining order is a RECORD. you dont get charged with anything. Your just told to stay away! and if ya dont stay away then they can get ya

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 08:56 AM
JMO: I think that LE has threat assessment experts who are examining this case. Perhaps that is one reason why the TN Bureau of Safety and Homeland Security was called in.

This is a good article about FBI risk assessment: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2194/is_11_73/ai_n9522611/pg_2/?tag=mantle_skin;content:

NCAVC staff members can provide advice and assistance in the general areas of crimes against children and adults, counterterrorism, and threat assessment. Typical cases received for services include abductions and mysterious disappearances of children; serial murders; single homicides; serial rapes; threats; and assessments of dangerousness in matters, such as workplace, school, and domestic violence, as well as stalking. Other investigations that the unit responds to include extortions, kidnappings, product tampering, arsons and bombings, issues regarding weapons of mass destruction, and domestic and international terrorism. Annually, personnel handle more than 1,500 requests for assistance from both domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies.

Im almost sure they homeland security is there for cybersecurity, they took over her computer and possibly her cell. they did this in the Kyron horman case also
homeland security was called in . Alot of secrets are on these computers

greengreen
04-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Back to the thinking about a possible obsession transference from Whitney to Holly and the idea that the perp. would be aware that Holly was more vulnerable--no security, etc.

Did Holly attend the Country Music Awards Festival to watch Whitney's performance? Did they have pictures taken together while there?

IMO that is not a connection in this case.

Carla Lashelle
04-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Also i dont think a restraining order is a RECORD. you dont get charged with anything. Your just told to stay away! and if ya dont stay away then they can get ya

I believe it is in public records. Building permits, tree cutting permits, injunctions, court rulings, etc. are all public record. Being charged with crimes may not show up at the clerk of courts but any convictions or court judgements would.

Carla Lashelle
04-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Good morning y'all. I pray for some good progress or news today for Holly.

greengreen
04-30-2011, 09:07 AM

I'm just thinking that is not the case here, JMO.

Patience
04-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Im almost sure they homeland security is there for cybersecurity, they took over her computer and possibly her cell. they did this in the Kyron horman case also
homeland security was called in . Alot of secrets are on these computers

Or Homeland Security could be involved because of a possible connection to Human Smuggling.
http://www.ice.gov/about/offices/homeland-security-investigations/
The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling

concentric
04-30-2011, 09:10 AM
As I posted on another thread:

Can you imagine how much time it takes for LE to get access to and go over the security camera detail? Must be a daunting task--school, hospital/clinic, store, etc.

greengreen
04-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Or Homeland Security could be involved because of a possible connection to Human Smuggling.
http://www.ice.gov/about/offices/homeland-security-investigations/
The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations and human smuggling

But would the FBI not be the lead on the case? Right now it is TBI.

concentric
04-30-2011, 09:17 AM

I'm just trying to look into every angle. And I had to place questions I have out there. I respect your opinions. Can you state why you don't think this is the case?

Patience
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM

The FBI is involved. They are all working together.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
IMO that is not a connection in this case.

i dont think so either! fwiw lol

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 09:25 AM

I think the FBI takes the second seat..They are usually called in immediately and then they distance themselves sometimes they totally leave and come back if requested tooo...I think they let TBI do their thing and assist and offer tips and how tooo's JMO

concentric
04-30-2011, 09:26 AM
IMO: I'll bet there are so many parallel investigations going on in this case, "it would make one's head spin."

MLE
04-30-2011, 09:28 AM
I keep reading people saying the abduction was well-planned. Can someone who thinks it was well-planned please explain the planning involved? To me, it looks like a very undisciplined abduction, and that he was fortunate that Holly's brother didn't notice the abduction and blow his brains out. Since her brother unfortunately didn't notice, the perp got a head start on everyone and that was possibly all he or anyone else would've needed to get away with the crime.

In my opinion, it looks more like some sort of out of control pervert who was so excited that he took a big chance, not knowing or caring if her brother was at home. He wanted to kidnap her right then regardless of the risk of getting caught.

You know how average Joes often risk their marriages or risk catching diseases or risk going to jail over sexual interests even though it's not rational behavior? I think in a similar sense, the perp didn't care about the risks he was taking, he just wanted instant gratification and couldn't wait.

And I also think that his out of control behavior and lack of self-discipline is going to make him continue to do crimes like this until he gets caught.

cfreyja23
04-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I believe it is in public records. Building permits, tree cutting permits, injunctions, court rulings, etc. are all public record. Being charged with crimes may not show up at the clerk of courts but any convictions or court judgements would.

In my state, an order to stay away from someone you dated, married or had another familial relationship with is called a "protective order." They are criminally enforceable but are actually civil orders, which means they can be issued against minors, and would be usually open records that the public can access. Criminal records for a minor tried as a minors are confidential, and only law enforcement agencies and courts can access those.

Carla Lashelle
I would think also that just having different agencies involved would provide access to different resources, different funding sources etc. More options available is a good thing.

Anyway I am outta here for a while Good luck y'all!

Carla Lashelle
i dont think so either! fwiw lol

I also dont see a connection with Whitney Duncan in any way. And I dont see cops around her house 24/7 (not that I have looked)

cfreyja23
04-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry to go off track here for a second, but this is not always correct.

Now I'm not sure what the laws are surrounding this issue in the US, but here where I am in Australia it's not correct.

When someone turns 18 here, the records are not 'wiped clean' as many would believe. Instead, that happens at the age of 28.

During the ages of 18-28, convictions recorded whilst the person was a minor can be brought up in court if they are relevant to the matter currently being trialled. I'm interested to find out if this is the case in other jurisdictions.

Anyway, I hope Holly gets to come home soon. She is never far from my thoughts.

I like that approach, but unfortunately it does not work that way in my state. A minor tried as a minor will have a closed record. However, it is not automatically expunged, and LE can still access it indefinitely in the future. When the minor becomes an adult, s/he can request for it to be expunged, then no one would have access to the information.

greengreen
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM

Oh I know they are here but the TBI is still the lead on the case. I thought if it was a case of smuggling the FBI would take the lead. That's all I meant.

cfreyja23
04-30-2011, 09:40 AM
I keep reading people saying the abduction was well-planned. Can someone who thinks it was well-planned please explain the planning involved? To me, it looks like a very undisciplined abduction, and that he was fortunate that Holly's brother didn't notice the abduction and blow his brains out. Since her brother unfortunately didn't notice, the perp got a head start on everyone and that was possibly all he or anyone else would've needed to get away with the crime.

In my opinion, it looks more like some sort of out of control pervert who was so excited that he took a big chance, not knowing or caring if her brother was at home. He wanted to kidnap her right then regardless of the risk of getting caught.

You know how average Joes often risk their marriages or risk catching diseases or risk going to jail over sexual interests even though it's not rational behavior? I think in a similar sense, the perp didn't care about the risks he was taking, he just wanted instant gratification and couldn't wait.

And I also think that his out of control behavior and lack of self-discipline is going to make him continue to do crimes like this until he gets caught.

Perhaps the reason why some people think it was planned and others don't, is that the things an abductor might bring to kidnap someone in the city (a knife or gun, duct tape, etc.), are things that a hunter would normally carry. Therefore, a local might say, he wasn't preparing to abduct her, he was just a hunter would had all that stuff anyway.
MOO, the remoteness of the location indicates he specifically drove out to where she would be most off guard, he waited until a time when she was leaving and alone, after her parents had left (and as opposed to a home invasion). He probably had a good idea that no one would see/hear them, as opposed to just grabbing her wherever he first saw her, likely out someowhere in the city where there might be witnesses.
The blood found and duct tape found meant he may have had a weapon and duct tape (things that might be part of a kidnapping kit--admittedly also things a hunter might carry), he was or became familiar with the area and roads (I totally would've been lost out there without a map). And he was out of there apparently very quickly.
These are things that indicate it was preplanned.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 09:52 AM
I wonder If there are any parents in that town that went to LE and said my son walked out in camo that morning to go hunting?

MLE
04-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Perhaps the reason why some people think it was planned and others don't, is that the things an abductor might bring to kidnap someone in the city (a knife or gun, duct tape, etc.), are things that a hunter would normally carry. Therefore, a local might say, he wasn't preparing to abduct her, he was just a hunter would had all that stuff anyway.
MOO, the remoteness of the location indicates he specifically drove out to where she would be most off guard, he waited until a time when she was leaving and alone, after her parents had left (and as opposed to a home invasion). He probably had a good idea that no one would see/hear them, as opposed to just grabbing her wherever he first saw her, likely out someowhere in the city where there might be witnesses.
The blood found and duct tape found meant he may have had a weapon and duct tape (things that might be part of a kidnapping kit--admittedly also things a hunter might carry), he was or became familiar with the area and roads (I totally would've been lost out there without a map). And he was out of there apparently very quickly.
These are things that indicate it was preplanned.

I think it was premeditated in advance, but there just seems to have been very little planning. Sheer luck was just too big of a factor in his success. Good planners shouldn't have to rely so heavily on luck.

greengreen
04-30-2011, 09:55 AM

It didn't looked well planned out to me. Why leave all the evidence out in the open versus dumping it into the river, never to be seen again. Or bury it somewhere. Take it far away and put it in a dumpster. I can think of a lot of things that would have been harder to trace than leaving it on the side of the road. If he is meaning to leave it, he will get caught trying to play cat and mouse. I think if he is in fact a local and tries to do it again he will have to wait a long time. The reason I say this is, right now, everyone and their actions, or lack there-of, is under a microscope. Just my thinking. I do believe this person thinks he is smarter than the law. I think he has a big ego as well. The only thing that I have noticed I differ with people with on here, and I don't remember you ever commenting on it MIL, but I do not think all of the evidence was thrown out as soon as he picked her up. My reasoning is although it might not have been noticed on the more remote roads, 641 (69), is a high traffic road. Someone would have seen him throwing stuff out the window. Especially around these businesses where workers are outside. It was not raining that day so the workers would have been outside for sure. It just stands to reason to me that he did it at night. Because in the beginning the search was focused around her house. All JMO. Thoughts anyone?

Patience
04-30-2011, 09:56 AM
It's just a bit disconcerting when (lol) is used.

I am a stalking and rape victim/survivor. Someone in my family was also a victim. I am not a public figure.

I am sorry Concentric about your past experiences but I am glad that you are here and I respect your opinion. I think you could be on to something and agree that your theory is a strong possibility.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 10:15 AM
It didn't looked well planned out to me. Why leave all the evidence out in the open versus dumping it into the river, never to be seen again. Or bury it somewhere. Take it far away and put it in a dumpster. I can think of a lot of things that would have been harder to trace than leaving it on the side of the road. If he is meaning to leave it, he will get caught trying to play cat and mouse. I think if he is in fact a local and tries to do it again he will have to wait a long time. The reason I say this is, right now, everyone and their actions, or lack there-of, is under a microscope. Just my thinking. I do believe this person thinks he is smarter than the law. I think he has a big ego as well. The only thing that I have noticed I differ with people with on here, and I don't remember you ever commenting on it MIL, but I do not think all of the evidence was thrown out as soon as he picked her up. My reasoning is although it might not have been noticed on the more remote roads, 641 (69), is a high traffic road. Someone would have seen him throwing stuff out the window. Especially around these businesses where workers are outside. It was not raining that day so the workers would have been outside for sure. It just stands to reason to me that he did it at night. Because in the beginning the search was focused around her house. All JMO. Thoughts anyone?

I dont think it was well planned either.

Of first off i dont think there are as many clues as we think there are. as i saw there were 2 so we know one is the lunch tote, what is the other one.
the blood? the tape? or the phone?

for some reason i dont think they got a phone. I dont know why but i think
the blood was hers the lunch pail was hers and the tape was on her. these three clues make more sens cause they are in an area close together. I do not think this guy is leaving things around

I think the easter significant find fell thru.

Who know!

I think they will find whatever she left the house with that morning with her and she will be found in the area her lunch tote was found JMO

concentric
04-30-2011, 10:19 AM
This is a bit off-topic; however, Patience, I love your avatar. This is because I was night diving in the Caribbean and the Cuttlefish swam up to me in a multi-level V formation, like a luminescent squadron with their big eyes.

Let the truth be known in the light of scrutiny, IMO.

cfreyja23
04-30-2011, 10:26 AM
I think it was premeditated in advance, but there just seems to have been very little planning. Sheer luck was just too big of a factor in his success. Good planners shouldn't have to rely so heavily on luck.

Ah, I see. For some reason I equated "not well-planned" with "not premeditated." Sorry!

MLE
04-30-2011, 10:28 AM
I actually think those unsolved cases, especially those in Parsons could very well be related despite some of them happening three decades ago.

Holly's kidnapping is in some ways similar to Dru Sjodin's in the way she was strongarmed. Sjodin's kidnapper had been arrested for sex offenses three decades prior to Sjodin kidnapping, so it's not unheard of for a deranged sex offender to have such crimes three decades apart, especially here in the USA where society has no respect for women and unleashes known predators from their cages to go back onto the prowl for more prey.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/7462/publisher_ID/40/

concentric
04-30-2011, 10:32 AM
I actually think those unsolved cases, especially those in Parsons could very well be related despite some of them happening three decades ago.

Holly's kidnapping is in some ways similar to Dru Sjodin's in the way she was strongarmed. Sjodin's kidnapper had been arrested for sex offenses three decades prior to Sjodin kidnapping, so it's not unheard of for a deranged sex offender to have such crimes three decades apart, especially here in the USA where society has no respect for women and unleashes known predators from their cages to go back onto the prowl for more prey.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/7462/publisher_ID/40/

Good points. I have cited the case of Dru Sjodin several times on these threads. In fact, I've stated she is the reason why I started sleuthing.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Im not sure this guy went there to hurt her it may have gotten out of hand.
Esp if its a local kid. what if he is leading her off by the arm saying i just want to talk to u come with me and then she gets frightend and screams ok he tapes her mouth she is struggling with him he gets angry and starts to strangle her he sees her she is passed out and rips the tpe off nd tries mouth to mouth ok he cant revive her he takes her and burries her out there with all her things he forgot about the tape that he ripped off cause he is in a hurry to leave. Never noticing that she dropped her lunch tote.....

Now he is back home no one ever noticed he was missing... On with life!

JMO

evelyn24
04-30-2011, 10:36 AM

ITA. An order of protection is definitely a matter of public record. That's how we find out in many of these missing person cases about an ex or current significant other's violent past, etc.

evelyn24
04-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Also someone posted the info back a bit, it's not the Feds it's the state Homeland Security which has several different responsibilities one of which is not human trafficking, at least not from what I read.
jmo

concentric
04-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, Eileen, you know I've posted that there is a suspicious disappearance right around the time Holly disappeared:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-Smokies-now-charged

What in the heck is going on???

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Well, Eileen, you know I've posted that there is a suspicious disappearance right around the time Holly disappeared:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-Smokies-now-charged

Oh i read about that! I dont think they ever said why he did what he did.

Where is his car?

Irish_Eyes
04-30-2011, 10:50 AM

Restraining orders can mean lots of things....not all restraining orders are entered into NCIC...for example if you and I are in a business dispute I can get a restraining order stopping you from disposing of any of the business' assets but that wouldn't be entered because it's a contract issue and not a safety issue. You can get a restraining order that forbids contact that is a civil order and it won't be entered into NCIC. These types of orders are common in divorce cases, contract disputes, etc. They require a lower burden of proof.

Protection orders are entered in the NCIC so that if a police officer would run your license or name they would be notified that there is an order against you. Because of that there is a higher burden of proof to get a protection order. Usually a temporary protection order is first issued ex parte meaning the other party is not given a chance to be present to dispute the need for the order. If that is the case then a full hearing is held within a few weeks where the other party may dispute the order if they choose. If the judge determines there is no need to continue the temporary order it expires and is removed from NCIC. If it is not contested or if after a full hearing the judge determines that there is need to continue the order then the judge will issue a permanent order which will be in place for years.

I'm pretty sure it works more or less the same everywhere. I'm not a lawyer but have been through the process. When I had to get a TPO for domestic violence on behalf of my child the judge was able to order my ex to turn over his gun collection to the local PD until the full hearing. I had a copy to keep on me and a copy to be given to my son's school so that if there were any problems and the police were called they could right away see exactly what the terms of the order were and act if necessary. At the full hearing my ex and I were able to come to an agreement that he would go through anger management and in exchange the TPO would be lifted.

We don't know if Holly had one, or if she did, what the nature of it was. But you can bet the police do.

concentric
04-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Oh i read about that! I dont think they ever said why he did what he did.

Where is his car?

Bingo

If this is not connected, tell us why.

nursebeeme
04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27723859/detail.html
disappointment grows

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110430/NEWS01/104300314
no major developments on friday

goodmorning everybody.. praying for some resolution in this case

nursebeeme
04-30-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crockett-County-Sheriffs-Dept/144103808960801
crocket county deputy joins Holly search

(((where is crocket county?)))

nursebeeme
04-30-2011, 10:55 AM
http://www.calldon.com/crockett.htm

this link has a tn map with crocket county highlighted on it

link above says Alamo is the county seat... this is where alamo is (red dot) it is north and west

alamo tennessee - Google Maps

curiousc
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM

I agree with you about the evidence. I also wonder if it's an accomplice after the fact getting rid of evidence as well and not necessarily the perp.

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-30-2011, 11:06 AM

It's about an hour from Holly's home.

Nana46
04-30-2011, 11:11 AM

Getting closer and closer to me,lol. Thanks all for the info.

concentric
04-30-2011, 11:39 AM
IMO:

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that a perp. stashes a victim somewhere, makes an appearance in his home territory to validate that he was there, returns to where he left the victim, disappearing for an unaccounted period of time, then concocts a story to explain his absence.

falconsfan
04-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Bingo

If this is not connected, tell us why.

Very interesting. I posted earlier that I wondered if the perp didn't possibly park his car in a nearby state park (can't remember the name of it..was posted earlier) and walkled in... possibly staying overnight, and that is why she was taken in the morning. Of course, that would mean he had been watching her routine, and used the woods as cover. Did whatever he was planning to do, and then left in his car. I am not too familiar with this kids ordeal other than what I read on your link about him Concentric. It is odd there is no mention of whether or not they found his car. :waitasec:

mrsu
04-30-2011, 12:03 PM

MILofForensicSpecTBI....oh what I wouldn't give for your DIL to give a "yes we got something" or "no we don't". Even a simple thumbs up or thumbs down. ;)

In her line of work I know all cases are probably stressful...do you get an inkling from her that the TBI is feeling defeated?

Sorry to ask...grasping at straws here!! :confused:

cluciano63
04-30-2011, 12:03 PM
My guess at the moment is that LE believes he did take her away in a vehicle; if they thought she might still be in the area, I think they would allow searching to resume. If he did, he basically had a two-week start, almost, while they searched the local area, thanks to the bits and pieces tossed around. If Holly is not alive, she may have been taken just far away enough for him to feel safe to do his harm, and then left behind. Maybe a local and maybe not, at least not as local as LE makes him out to be. If he had parked and walked in through the woods, he would be able to find his way back out the same way, local or not.

Bradjenkins
04-30-2011, 12:04 PM

I'm wondering how they determined his claims of kidnapping were false? Unless he was seen somewhere in public during the time he claimed he was kidnapped?
How's this for another wacky scenario, three men abduct both Holly and this guy around the same time as a team? One person leads authorities on a wild goose chase dumping evidence away from where they're actually headed while the other two hide her somewhere?

mrsu
04-30-2011, 12:09 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with the tires that were posted on Craigslist? I noticed Gadsden was in Crockett county and that's where one of the tire ads was from.

falconsfan
04-30-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm wondering how they determined his claims of kidnapping were false? Unless he was seen somewhere in public during the time he claimed he was kidnapped?
How's this for another wacky scenario, three men abduct both Holly and this guy around the same time as a team? One person leads authorities on a wild goose chase dumping evidence away from where they're actually headed while the other two hide her somewhere?

Or, what if this guy kidnapped her himself, and made up the story about him being kidnapped as to draw suspicion away from himself? :waitasec:

concentric
04-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Or, Brad, how is this for wacky. A team or group of guys abducts a woman. One of them bails, and concocts a story of being kidnapped.

Or, maybe it was just one guy who concocts a story of being kidnapped.

I wish they would just tell us that this isn't connected to Holly.

Then, we can get on with it.

OldSteve
04-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Been away for a day... was hoping when I came back I would see this case solved or a big break.... sadly not so....
Just some rambling thoughts I have.....
awhile back I asked about what the father did for a living and I see that's been answered... but the second part of my Q never was (?) - that being if he worked his business from his home since I don't see any sign of that... If he did, then possible that workers would meet there around the time HB when to school and who knows if a temp or someone might have taken notice of HB....
Most of the tree type business where I live work from their homes and have equip/garages ... if this is not the case, I wonder if father really works for a gov agency of some sort and the tree bus is a cover - I say this because the speed at which the governor increased the reward and how fast all agencies became involved, as well the way the family has been very quite throughout.... unlike so many other cases when family reaches out through the media to get LE more involved.

Okay, enough of my rambling... I'll go back to lurking... lastly I see the number of people view this thread has come way down...

concentric
04-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Or, what if this guy kidnapped her himself, and made up the story about him being kidnapped as to draw suspicion away from himself? :waitasec:

Again, bingo. Stuff I have been thinking all along the way.

curiousc
04-30-2011, 12:25 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley
Witness: substantial law enforcement-led search underway in Henderson County. #hollybobo #newdevelopment

concentric
04-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Surely, they have got to be questioning this guy.

I would think if it were not related, we would know by now.

Of course, if it's not related, I am fully anticipating to hear about what a stupid idea it was in the first place to even think it could be.

Emma Peel
04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I think the FBI takes the second seat..They are usually called in immediately and then they distance themselves sometimes they totally leave and come back if requested tooo...I think they let TBI do their thing and assist and offer tips and how tooo's JMO

Just to expand a bit...

IMO, in this case, the federal agencies (and TN homeland security) offer their extremely specialized profiling & forensic services in support of TBI's efforts. These agencies can offer greater forensic expertise and processing capabilities - biological, physical and/or computer forensics. BAU & CARD provide profiling services. Also, they can support with witness interviewing, and advise on potentially connected cases.

The list of agencies that were involved in Kyron's case was truly mindboggling. I always wonder what about a case brings the investigation to this level - is it the lack of other evidence, a request from the governor, a request from the state agency, high profile nature... Anyway it's interesting to think about how complex it must be. And with so many cooks in the kitchen...there's probably a select (and insulated) few who all the info funnels up to...

falconsfan
04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Surely, they have got to be questioning this guy.

I would think if it were not related, we would know by now.

Of course, if it's not related, I am fully anticipating to hear about what a stupid idea it was in the first place to even think it could be.

I have to agree with you on that. It seems a rather odd coincidence, but worth checking out of they haven't already. I can't see any reason for this guy to make up a story that he was kidnapped for any other reason than to:

1. Draw suspicion away from himself, which would thus, in his mind, give him an alibi.
2. He just wanted attention. For what reason I have no idea.

Oh, by the way....I seen a post with a link just above yours about Henderson County search for HB. Where is that in relation to HB's home? I guess I could always look it up..:crazy:

Emma Peel
04-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Witness: substantial law enforcement-led search underway in Henderson County. #hollybobo #newdevelopment

I smell search warrants.

Either that or my muffins are burning.

curiousc
04-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I smell search warrants.

Either that or my muffins are burning.

I think something is up! No volunteers have been called in to search. Prayers that Holly is found today!

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-30-2011, 12:51 PM
MILofForensicSpecTBI....oh what I wouldn't give for your DIL to give a "yes we got something" or "no we don't". Even a simple thumbs up or thumbs down. ;)

In her line of work I know all cases are probably stressful...do you get an inkling from her that the TBI is feeling defeated?

Sorry to ask...grasping at straws here!! :confused:
I went out to dinner with her last night, and today we're having a stress relieving girls day out.......she won't talk about the case with the exception of saying TBI is optimistic this case will be solved.......hope she's right!

mrsu
04-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I went out to dinner with her last night, and today we're having a stress relieving girls day out.......she won't talk about the case with the exception of saying TBI is optimistic this case will be solved.......hope she's right!

Thanks! I knew she can't/wouldn't comment on the case (and I didn't expect her to), and I absolutely respect her for that, but what I wouldn't give for someone to throw us a bone. heehee

Enjoy your day! Sounds fabulous and I'm sure it's well needed.

Emma Peel
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM

:great: :dance::great:

:skip:

MIL - ty for putting a little bright spot in our anxious thread.

curiousc
04-30-2011, 01:06 PM

I really think they know who is responsible and I think it will be solved too!

sumzero
04-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe a local and maybe not, at least not as local as LE makes him out to be. If he had parked and walked in through the woods, he would be able to find his way back out the same way, local or not.

I share this thought. It could be someone who has -- in the present or in the past -- had business in the area. Or he could be someone who makes an occasional visit to the area to see a friend or family member. In that case, he might not know the Bobos. But he might be familiar enough with the area to know the roads. Who knows? His original connection could be happenstance: he stops at a gas station to fill up. She happens to stop at the same time. Someone calls her by name. He hunts for info about her (e.g., on the Internet), locates an address, and the plan begins to hatch.

STGSouth
04-30-2011, 01:20 PM

I agree with Green here...this was all about Holly!

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 01:21 PM
I really think they know who is responsible and I think it will be solved too!

I hope so! But where is Holly?

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I agree with Green here...this was all about Holly!

I agree he had his eye on the prize!!!!! and he claimed it!

Stolly
04-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I just want to post two thoughts I have:

1) Many people look at the perp's "knowledge of the local roads" as evidence that he is a neighbor or lives in the area. This might not be the case because all it would take to become acclimated to the roads is a GPS, telling you which way to turn. This combined with someone driving into the area, checking out the house, landscape and schedule of the Bobo's activities for a few days, could mean that the perp did not need years of local knowledge to plan and carry out the abduction.

Case in point - "The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. " -Taken from this article about the case (http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-country-star-whitney-duncan-brother/story?id=13407750)

2) I believe the school she was enrolled in is the University of Tennessee Martin Parsons Center (http://www.utm.edu/departments/ecce/parsons.php#contact). It is a newer facility located at 975 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN 38363-2954. I found it interesting that this school is located on TN-69 about 1.3 miles south from the location where searchers found some possession of Holly's on the side of TN-69. Could this mean that the perp had a reason to go into the TN-69 area immediately after the abduction? Say to go to class as an alibi? Just a thought.

Rallihanna
04-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Just getting in for the day ; so news is breaking that they're doing a search in a nearby county?

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Now whats in Henderson county that they can be searching?

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Just getting in for the day ; so news is breaking that they're doing a search in a nearby county?

Yes...Henderson borders Decatur county and there are reports of LE searching the area

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I just want to post two thoughts I have:

1) Many people look at the perp's "knowledge of the local roads" as evidence that he is a neighbor or lives in the area. This might not be the case because all it would take to become acclimated to the roads is a GPS, telling you which way to turn. This combined with someone driving into the area, checking out the house, landscape and schedule of the Bobo's activities for a few days, could mean that the perp did not need years of local knowledge to plan and carry out the abduction.

Case in point - "The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. " -Taken from this article about the case (http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-country-star-whitney-duncan-brother/story?id=13407750)

2) I believe the school she was enrolled in is the University of Tennessee Martin Parsons Center (http://www.utm.edu/departments/ecce/parsons.php#contact). It is a newer facility located at 975 Tennessee Ave N Parsons, TN 38363-2954. I found it interesting that this school is located on TN-69 about 1.3 miles south from the location where searchers found some possession of Holly's on the side of TN-69. Could this mean that the perp had a reason to go into the TN-69 area immediately after the abduction? Say to go to class as an alibi? Just a thought.

Great thoughts!

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Now whats in Henderson county that they can be searching?

Natchez Trace state park and a whole lot of woods

MILofForensicSpecTBI
04-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Great thoughts!

You would think all it takes is a GPS.....but my DIL was driving the big ole TBI crime scene vehicle equipped with GPS......and they actually got lost. Apparently, there are some road signs missing in the area.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 02:17 PM
You would think all it takes is a GPS.....but my DIL was driving the big ole TBI crime scene vehicle equipped with GPS......and they actually got lost. Apparently, there are some road signs missing in the area.

Oh i understand there can be some diversions but they do tend to get ya close to the area ya want to go.

evelyn24
04-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Restraining orders can mean lots of things....not all restraining orders are entered into NCIC...for example if you and I are in a business dispute I can get a restraining order stopping you from disposing of any of the business' assets but that wouldn't be entered because it's a contract issue and not a safety issue. You can get a restraining order that forbids contact that is a civil order and it won't be entered into NCIC. These types of orders are common in divorce cases, contract disputes, etc. They require a lower burden of proof.

Protection orders are entered in the NCIC so that if a police officer would run your license or name they would be notified that there is an order against you. Because of that there is a higher burden of proof to get a protection order. Usually a temporary protection order is first issued ex parte meaning the other party is not given a chance to be present to dispute the need for the order. If that is the case then a full hearing is held within a few weeks where the other party may dispute the order if they choose. If the judge determines there is no need to continue the temporary order it expires and is removed from NCIC. If it is not contested or if after a full hearing the judge determines that there is need to continue the order then the judge will issue a permanent order which will be in place for years.

I'm pretty sure it works more or less the same everywhere. I'm not a lawyer but have been through the process. When I had to get a TPO for domestic violence on behalf of my child the judge was able to order my ex to turn over his gun collection to the local PD until the full hearing. I had a copy to keep on me and a copy to be given to my son's school so that if there were any problems and the police were called they could right away see exactly what the terms of the order were and act if necessary. At the full hearing my ex and I were able to come to an agreement that he would go through anger management and in exchange the TPO would be lifted.

We don't know if Holly had one, or if she did, what the nature of it was. But you can bet the police do.

If she had one against someone who was violent and it was granted by the judge, don't you think the media would have gotten wind of it by now or found something?
At least Geraldo or Nancy..lol

evelyn24
04-30-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27723859/detail.html
disappointment grows

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110430/NEWS01/104300314
no major developments on friday

goodmorning everybody.. praying for some resolution in this case

Good afternoon, Nurse.
Thanks for the links!
:)

CAR2DRIVE2009
04-30-2011, 02:29 PM

This article says he was last seen at 10 pm on April 14th. 38.5 hours after HB last seen.

evelyn24
04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes...Henderson borders Decatur county and there are reports of LE searching the area

How far is it from Holly's house, do you know?

TIA

evelyn24
04-30-2011, 02:39 PM

So you think the perp is more than familiar with that area?

Emma Peel
04-30-2011, 02:40 PM

This article says he was last seen at 10 pm on April 14th. 38.5 hours after HB last seen.

TY. Good find.
This theory was raised here before and abandoned for this reason, IIRC.

Which is fine - WS threads sometimes repeat themselves a little as new members join and start following a case weeks after it first breaks...great minds...will think alike...over...and over... ;) :D

Rallihanna
04-30-2011, 02:42 PM

From Will - Details of what prompted the search not released.

CAR2DRIVE2009
04-30-2011, 02:42 PM
How far is it from Holly's house, do you know?

TIA
Her house is either in, or very close to Henderson county as Darden is listed in Henderson county.

wfgodot
04-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Will Nunley
Source: even though volunteer-led searches are not being organized, numerous law enforcement remain, following leads. #hollybobo
1 minute ago
Will Nunley
Details about what prompted the search have not been released. #hollybobo
2 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23hollybobo

YellowDog
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I wonder if there are many men living alone within a few mile radius of the rural location from which HB was abducted? If someone is holding her hostage, it would almost have to be someone living alone in a secluded area unless their spouse was a co-conspirator like in the Jaycee Dugard case or the Elizabeth Smart case.

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I wonder if there are many men living alone within a few mile radius of the rural location from which HB was abducted? If someone is holding her hostage, it would almost have to be someone living alone in a secluded area unless their spouse was a co-conspirator like in the Jaycee Dugard case or the Elizabeth Smart case.

Yellow there has to be alot of guys living alone, Kids move out want to have a place of their own no tonly that they dont have to live alone when they get older and still live at home most times they come and go as they please .

there could be some guys out there living home that went out in camo that day
do u think the parents would say something ot LE?

Eileen730
04-30-2011, 03:35 PM

I think we have to separate the men that take children from a guy that wants a woman,, they to me are two diff creatures! JMO

YellowDog
04-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Yellow there has to be alot of guys living alone, Kids move out want to have a place of their own no tonly that they dont have to live alone when they get older and still live at home most times they come and go as they please .

there could be some guys out there living home that went out in camo that day
do u think the parents would say something ot LE?

I was thinking of more of a "hermit" kind of man living alone in a more or less isolated area close by.

Would a parent say something if their son went out in camo that day? Good question. Maybe or maybe not but, either way, I'll bet they would be watching his every move since then.

YellowDog
04-30-2011, 04:14 PM
I think we have to separate the men that take children from a guy that wants a woman,, they to me are two diff creatures! JMO

They are both predators.

imamaze
04-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Emma Peel
04-30-2011, 04:16 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208037_10150156563034702_178243519701_6778336_4736 10_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208037_10150156563034702_178243519701_6778336_4736 10_n.jpg

A while back folks were trying to find this...and I just found it, so bringing it here. It's the fundraising t-shirt design with the scripture on it.

imamaze
04-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Closing thread, please continue here...
TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community