PDA

View Full Version : TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/image_thumb http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/bobo_h3.jpg/image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6353943&posted=1#post6353943)

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17)
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site
Please continue here!

nursebeeme
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
((emma I defer for you to say first... LOL))

nursebeeme
05-02-2011, 09:20 PM
20 threads and going on 21 and where is beautiful Holly?

MILofForensicSpecTBI
05-02-2011, 09:22 PM
20 threads and going on 21 and where is beautiful Holly?

My DIL says TBI is receiving over 200 tips per day, and each and every one of them is being checked out.....

nursebeeme
05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
My DIL says TBI is receiving over 200 tips per day, and each and every one of them is being checked out.....
this is so good to know! this is one thing that the media could and should report. thank you for sharing this. It is so good to know that tips are coming in.

Emma Peel
05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
((emma I defer for you to say first... LOL))

tee hee hee. you are very sweet, but you earned nursebeeme.

I wasn't paying attention, was I? :blushing:

ensht
05-02-2011, 09:29 PM
One thing that has shocked me is how many RSO they have in a small area around Parsons especially in light of the population size. In a community of nearly 60k we have 8 listed, shocks me a little.

Anyway, days are passing and I can only hope LE is waiting someone out as others have said to lead them to an alive Holly, or to help located her in passing. Clearly to me though something happend on Easter as everything scaled back on the public side at that point. We heard the item was being analyzed, and then since ZERO.

nursebeeme
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
is it just me.. is anyone else starting to get really pi$$ed about the lack of coverage? I can take a few days.. but she is just recently missing.. this is not a time to take a vow of silence.

moo

bow, quack, meow, etc..

Coldpizza
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Well I got left in limbo land but I wanted to respond to Nursebeme's post
QUOTE=nursebeeme;6425337]I pray so.

((while my glass is personally half full... I just am not feeling that vibe but will gladly eat my hat if it turns out any other way))

eta: don't get me wrong.. I want LE to be watching some alleged perp with an Alive Holly in tow. I do. I c o m p l e t e l e y do.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya Nurse and I always go with my glass is half full. I've been one of the hold outs that Holly is still alive. I've been following cases for a long time, but I'm still going to keep my glass half full on this one. I continue to think she was kidnapped for her looks and virtue perhaps, and the perp wanted her for himself.Most cases don't point to this scenario, I don't know, just keeping the glass half full on this one and hope that Holly is alive and has the strength to endure this monster.

liltexans
05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I just haven't seen an explanation as to why someone who is going to take a prisoner and hold them hostage would dump all of their hostage's possessions along creek beds and roadsides. I'm sorry, but based on the very little we do know, I don't think Holly was or is leaving a trail. I think the perp or an accomplice disposed of Holly's stuff. Why would someone do that if they want to keep the person alive?

nursebeeme
05-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I just haven't seen an explanation as to why someone who is going to take a prisoner and hold them hostage would dump all of their hostage's possessions along creek beds and roadsides. I'm sorry, but based on the very little we do know, I don't think Holly was or is leaving a trail. I think the perp or an accomplice disposed of Holly's stuff. Why would someone do that if they want to keep the person alive?

my thoughts exactly and I don't mean to be debbie downer.

the disposal or shedding of the items seems to have been in a fit of "what do I do now" sort of thing.

I can truly see why tbi, in their limited statements, thinks that it is someone that is from OR KNOWS the area.

liltexans
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM

the disposal or shedding of the items seems to have been in a fit of "what do I do now" sort of thing.

I can truly see why tbi, in their limited statements, thinks that it is someone that is from OR KNOWS the area.

I agree, nurse. I don't want to be a debbie downer, either. It will be miraculous, truly, if Holly is alive. I would love a happy ending!

The evidence (scant, though it is) just doesn't lead me to that conclusion right now, unfortunately.

mahmoo
05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
is it just me.. is anyone else starting to get really pi$$ed about the lack of coverage? I can take a few days.. but she is just recently missing.. this is not a time to take a vow of silence
No....it's not just you. I can't say that I'm pissed.....I think I'm more confused than anything :waitasec:.

I was kind of loosing faith in the investigation but last night, we got that unexpected surprise out of the blue about bin Laden. I feel safe right now saying never say never and you never know when things will change....abruptly.....when you least expect it.

Coldpizza
05-02-2011, 09:49 PM

Well back to the glass is half full. Just trying to put my mind in that of the perp. If he was that calculating and planned, why wouldn't he purposely put Holly's things out there to deter LE and searchers? We don't know that. Many are in prison that have shocked us do to their calculating minds. If I were a mom in this position I would continue to search, hold out belief she was still alive, look at all other cases that are similar, at least 10 years past. I would leave no stone un turned of each and everyone that may have crossed my daughters path since she was born. I would never give up. no matter what.

liltexans
05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Well back to the glass is half full. Just trying to put my mind in that of the perp. If he was that calculating and planned, why wouldn't he purposely put Holly's things out there to deter LE and searchers? We don't know that. Many are in prison that have shocked us do to their calculating minds. If I were a mom in this position I would continue to search, hold out belief she was still alive, look at all other cases that are similar, at least 10 years past. I would leave no stone un turned of each and everyone that may have crossed my daughters path since she was born. I would never give up. no matter what.

I would never suggest that anyone, especially Holly's mom, give up. Not at all. Until Holly is found, her family should always have hope. I don't know how one could go on with life with a missing child without hope.

However, if one wanted to deter LE they wouldn't need to get rid of her things. If Holly and her stuff disappeared, one could assume that she ran away on her own or joined the circus, or any number of other non-sinister scenarios.

wfgodot
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm hoping that LE has by this time done a timeline on Holly for at least the last month before her alleged abduction - with interviews and re-interviews of any- and everyone with whom she crossed paths. I'm also hoping that LE has done a forensic investigation of her computer, and other computers she may have used. Both of these actions are said to be standard operating procedure in cases like this one.

Coldpizza
05-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Well good night all,I think of Holly and the missing before I go to bed and grateful that I am a part of a group that has dedicated themselves to finding justice and Peace to those families who's hearts are breaking for their loved ones.

Wish I could do more

Soul125
05-02-2011, 10:02 PM
If, at this point, after almost three weeks, LE is still following up every tip, their investigation might be said to lack focus. I appreciate the fact that tunnel vision is being avoided, but I was counting on LE, by this time, to have at least a good inkling of what went down, and thus at least the beginnings of a path to making arrests and filing charges.

I feel the same as you. I think LE is doing their best, but I really don't feel that they know much except that she was taken and that her lunchbox and something else of hers was found. This person didn't leave much behind to go on. IMO, I don't think they have any idea where she is or who took her at this point. I think they are playing the waiting game to see if something turns up because they don't have a direction to go in.

JMO and I hope I am wrong and that they are close to finding her, but it just doesn't feel that way at all.

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I went back over the tbi page looking for anything I hadnt seen before. I remember when people were posting RSOs many threads ago, but at the time the RSO site was acting wonky when I tried to use it. So anyway I put in the 5 mile and I saw some dudes, most I had looked at already. Mostly Im looking for dudes with history of multiples and violent.

So anyway none of these guys are giving me a vibe so I back off a little and start looking at the dudes farther out than the 5 miles it allows you to search on parsons. Then I find this guy:
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sordetailart.aspx?htid=00084820

Now Im not laying any guilt on this guy, and Im sure the police have looked at him hard. This guy is frightening due to the history, and then I plotted him on a map. I thought from the 1st look that he was above I40, but this guy lives like just up the road and around the corner from where the lunch container was found.

Someone suggests we go re-look at RSOs and this comes up for me.

Anyway I sort of dismissed RSOs because I figured LE could get after them for questioning etc really easily (maybe Im wrong).

This is probably old news for you guys, but thought Id post it anyway.

maskedwoman
05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
is it just me.. is anyone else starting to get really pi$$ed about the lack of coverage? I can take a few days.. but she is just recently missing.. this is not a time to take a vow of silence.

moo

bow, quack, meow, etc..

I would have to agree. I am VERY frustrated by the lack of reporting on this. To some extent, I can understand that they won't keep reporting with no new info, but they could at least report that she's still missing and police need the community's help. :maddening:

Emma Peel
05-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I went back over the tbi page looking for anything I hadnt seen before. I remember when people were posting RSOs many threads ago, but at the time the RSO site was acting wonky when I tried to use it. So anyway I put in the 5 mile and I saw some dudes, most I had looked at already. Mostly Im looking for dudes with history of multiples and violent.

So anyway none of these guys are giving me a vibe so I back off a little and start looking at the dudes farther out than the 5 miles it allows you to search on parsons. Then I find this guy:

Now Im not laying any guilt on this guy, and Im sure the police have looked at him hard. This guy is frightening due to the history, and then I plotted him on a map. I thought from the 1st look that he was above I40, but this guy lives like just up the road and around the corner from where the lunch container was found.

Anyway I sort of dismissed RSOs because I figured LE could get after them for questioning etc really easily (maybe Im wrong).

I agree he's frightening. And Wow on the lunchbox location. :sleuth:

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Did everyone already know about this except me...derr ??

cluciano63
05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I think LE/media could be a little bit vocal with regards to the reward, if nothing else; it is an unusually high one and even if no one comes forward because of it, talking about it keeps the case in the news. (Although they may be overwhelmed with what may be turning out to be useless tips as it is...)

Emma Peel
05-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Did everyone already know about this except me...derr ??

AFIK, no.

I've not read the address connected to the lunch box location before, dotnetnow.

As far as LE ... I would think RSOs are rounded up first ... & looked at. But maybe no one connected the lunchbox location.

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 10:24 PM

I suppose if I wanted to do something bad and then leave evidence I'd look up this guy and leave it near his house...just sayin!

shefner
05-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Dang....this guy makes me freeze! He has 3....THREE.....sex crimes charges since 1977. Rape in the 70's, Rape in the 80's, Sexual battery in the 90's.

maskedwoman
05-02-2011, 10:28 PM
If, at this point, after almost three weeks, LE is still following up every tip, their investigation might be said to lack focus. I appreciate the fact that tunnel vision is being avoided, but I was counting on LE, by this time, to have at least a good inkling of what went down, and thus at least the beginnings of a path to making arrests and filing charges.

Well, I think there is checking them out and then there is checking them out. Clearly, someone claiming Holly was beamed Holly up to Planet X by aliens is not going to be thoroughly vetted.

Two or more reports of a similar car seen littering along Highway 69 (I think that's the right #) would surely be taken quite seriously and I'm sure LE would follow up at length to try and nail that down.

It just seems that LE is danged if they do and danged if they don't. They didn't follow up on reports about Elizabeth Smart and are roundly condemned for being closed-minded and having tunnel vision once they are proven wrong. If they diligently follow up on all tips to make sure that doesn't happen in this case, they are accused of being 'no where' or lacking focus.

I guess we're a tough crowd, lol. :floorlaugh:

Jo in Calif
05-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I would have to agree. I am VERY frustrated by the lack of reporting on this. To some extent, I can understand that they won't keep reporting with no new info, but they could at least report that she's still missing and police need the community's help. :maddening:

Well we know she is still missing, myself I don't need LE to tell me that.
We have been told by a couple of locals, who were posting here that LE is getting 200 tips a day, and also giving us some very good incites on what is going on, so this tells me LE is getting the community's help.
I'm sure LE is keeping the family well informed as to what is going on in the case.
My glass is 3/4 full.

maskedwoman
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Well we know she is still missing, myself I don't need LE to tell me that.
We have been told by a couple of locals, who were posting here that LE is getting 200 tips a day, and also giving us some very good incites on what is going on, so this tells me LE is getting the community's help.
I'm sure LE is keeping the family well informed as to what is going on in the case.
My glass is 3/4 full.

I don't personally need to be told that either but people who don't follow cases like this might. :banghead: I was just responding to someone elses post about wishing the media wouldn't go silent on this. Obviously, MSM isn't only reporting to us. :)

jabberwocky
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I agree, nurse. I don't want to be a debbie downer, either. It will be miraculous, truly, if Holly is alive. I would love a happy ending!

The evidence (scant, though it is) just doesn't lead me to that conclusion right now, unfortunately.

I haven't seen any evidence that suggests she isn't alive... I survived a sexual assault at age 11 while i was walking to school, so i choose to believe that Holly can survive this too, especially if she knows the guy.
A few threads back, a local said that a few people have refused to allow their property seached.....MOO but I can see a scenario where leads have led the TBI to consider one of these persons, but they need probable cause and not just hearsay... just my opinion and speculation, but maybe one of them is an attorney. or a member of LE.... they would want to make sure all of their ducks are in a row. You can call me a Pollyanna, but I'm still praying and holding out hope .

Emma Peel
05-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I suppose if I wanted to do something bad and then leave evidence I'd look up this guy and leave it near his house...just sayin!

oh gosh. you're kinda dark & twisty, aren'tcha?

mahmoo
05-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I have to admit....it's pretty amazing how "silent" this case is. Really....no leaks what-so-ever that we know of.....from LE or the residents. How is that possible I ask myself? Out of dual communities (Darden & Parsons).....not one person has breathed a word about anything really. I guess that's good but.....I find it unusual.

liltexans
05-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that suggests she isn't alive... I survived a sexual assault at age 11 while i was walking to school, so i choose to believe that Holly can survive this too, especially if she knows the guy.
A few threads back, a local said that a few people have refused to allow their property seached.....MOO but I can see a scenario where leads have led the TBI to consider one of these persons, but they need probable cause and not just hearsay... just my opinion and speculation, but maybe one of them is an attorney. or a member of LE.... they would want to make sure all of their ducks are in a row. You can call me a Pollyanna, but I'm still praying and holding out hope .

Of course she might be alive. None of us knows for sure. I'm sorry for what you went through when you were younger.

To me, the blood at the scene, 2 rather immediate 911 calls from Holly's brother and someone else, the reported screams in the woods, and the fact that Holly's belongings have been discarded all over the county lead me to believe that she's not alive. Also, if she is being held captive somewhere and her abductor is not bringing her water, then she isn't going to be alive after 3 weeks. Not without water.

I haven't given up all hope that she could be alive, I just can't see logically how she could be.

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
AFIK, no.

I've not read the address connected to the lunch box location before, dotnetnow.

As far as LE ... I would think RSOs are rounded up first ... & looked at. But maybe no one connected the lunchbox location.

I just used the Holley map (you can find at the start of the thread) for the location of the lunchbox. Then I put in the guy's address. They are super close.

It strikes me because I remember someone local saying they would like to mention person but couldn't but if "you looked at them on the map and followed the evidence it made sense".

This is what the map looks like if I kinda-sorta try to screen shot it for you. If I zoom in so you can see the road then the locations are too far apart to fit reasonably on a screen so I just "edited" the route in a bit.

BTW...this is only posted for theoretical purposes. I am not suggesting any criminal activity on this person's part and I definitely think the LE is being thorough and has checked this out. It is just my opinion that this is interesting information.

>>rsomap.jpg<<

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
oh gosh. you're kinda dark & twisty, aren'tcha?

Well I felt guilty for casting aspersions, so I thought Id convolute them a bit :)

cluciano63
05-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I have to admit....it's pretty amazing how "silent" this case is. Really....no leaks what-so-ever that we know of.....from LE or the residents. How is that possible I ask myself? Out of dual communities (Darden & Parsons).....not one person has breathed a word about anything really. I guess that's good but.....I find it unusual.

Or it could be simply that there is nothing to leak. If LE has not procured search warrants or hauled the same person in for questioning multiple times, for instance, there isn't much more that locals, or even media, can find out. And there is a chance that the family isn't even "in the loop" as much as we think, as many times, families bemoan the lack of info from LE and also, in this case, LE has indicated that no one has yet been cleared. That may be just semantics, but it would also allow LE to keep quiet to everyone, including family.

While I am glad they are getting and following up on leads, it does tend to take away from the theory that they know "who" and are just working to prove it.

liltexans
05-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't know. In Hailey Dunn's case, I think everyone knows "who" did it and there are 2 named POIs and 1 named suspect and 4+ months later, none of them are in jail. I understand that Kyron's case is similar. Everyone knows "who" did it, but 11 months later, no one has been arrested.

I definitely believe that LE might know who took Holly.

jabberwocky
05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Thank you liltexans.

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't know. In Hailey Dunn's case, I think everyone knows "who" did it and there are 2 named POIs and 1 named suspect and 4+ months later, none of them are in jail. I understand that Kyron's case is similar. Everyone knows "who" did it, but 11 months later, no one has been arrested.

I definitely believe that LE might know who took Holly.

THAT is an exceedingly good point! No body(I hate using that word) makes it very hard to get them it seems.

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 11:22 PM
One thing this rso map thing makes me think about is the whole perp is somehow on the run theory. I've got to think that if this guy was being looked at and couldn't be found that his status on rso site would be modified to show they "dont know where he is"... so for me that takes that "on the run" piece out of it.

OK so now Im posting and apparently replying to myself...this seems like a bad sign to me. Time to go get a life!

liltexans
05-02-2011, 11:35 PM
One thing this rso map thing makes me think about is the whole perp is somehow on the run theory. I've got to think that if this guy was being looked at and couldn't be found that his status on rso site would be modified to show they "dont know where he is"... so for me that takes that "on the run" piece out of it.

OK so now Im posting and apparently replying to myself...this seems like a bad sign to me. Time to go get a life!

LOL, dotnetnow.

What makes you think the perp is on the run or can't be found?

jabberwocky
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
THAT is an exceedingly good point! No body(I hate using that word) makes it very hard to get them it seems.

No body can also mean that there is no body to be found...as in, she's still alive:)

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 11:44 PM
LOL, dotnetnow.

What makes you think the perp is on the run or can't be found?

Ahhh I just read all the stuff and take in all the "quasi rational" theories. That is one of the theories that gets some run time.

It explains why LE keeps quiet (not to me but to some). I keep finding reasons to dismiss it.

I've heard one theory line (supposedly with local support) that is hinted that:
a. someone who knows holly
b. running with her, cant find them bc of survival experience
c. suggested holly leaving trail
d. etc

I think its one of the complete local fabrications personally.

Its not crazy to indulge those who think she may have been taken farther away. Its not crazy to think a perp like this guy might run if he thought he was going to get caught. So its worth guessing if they couldnt find this guy they would update the rso map.

liltexans
05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Ahhh I just read all the stuff and take in all the "quasi rational" theories. That is one of the theories that gets some run time.

It explains why LE keeps quiet (not to me but to some). I keep finding reasons to dismiss it.

I've heard one theory line (supposedly with local support) that is hinted that:
a. someone who knows holly
b. running with her, cant find them bc of survival experience
c. suggested holly leaving trail
d. etc

I think its one of the complete local fabrications personally.

Its not crazy to indulge those who think she may have been taken farther away. Its not crazy to think a perp like this guy might run if he thought he was going to get caught. So its worth guessing if they couldnt find this guy they would update the rso map.

PS: dont laugh at me, it makes me go into over-explanatory mode :)

I get it now. Oh, I wasn't laughing at your theory or the suggestion that the perp might be on the run. I honestly hadn't given that one too much thought. Thank you for explaining. I was laughing at your self-deprecating joke about replying to yourself. Not at you at all!

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 11:49 PM
ok I took it back, it was another try for a cheap laugh...not meant to guilt ya...

liltexans
05-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I wonder if Holly has ever taken a self-defense class or if she carried mace or anything with her. I'm guessing her family hunts so she probably is comfortable shooting a gun. That gives me some hope that she'd know how to aim and fire if she gets a gun away from the perp or something. I've never hunted in my life and wouldn't have the first clue what to do with a gun, but a country girl like Holly probably has some skill.

dotnetnow
05-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Well if you ever need to I hope you wont let your lack of education keep you from giving it a try. Point, hold on tight, pull trigger. If it dont work try what you see on tv and fiddle a bit then try again...just dont point the business end at yourself and youre likely gonna do fine...oh yeah dont shut yer eyes!

Tikki
05-03-2011, 12:09 AM

I think there may have been leaks early on, so LE is being particularly silent and protective of information, all in the interest of bringing Holly home safe, or if that's not possible (and I pray it IS), then in the pursuit of justice for Holly and her family.

There are so many rumors and people digging for information on the internet, if LE wants to keep it from suspects, the only way is to withold absolutely everything IMO.

GoodAim
05-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Please bear with me --- I think I've carefully read every post on Holly's threads, but these are some random night-time thoughts... hope they haven't been discussed!

*Re: the abductor's behavior.... Out of all times and places, why was the abduction around 7:30 in the morning?

*Had the abductor been awake for quite a while? It's difficult to picture getting up groggy and pulling yourself together to abduct someone just after awakening.

*Was he someone who worked a night shift, like 11PM-7AM? He'd be awake, alert, and ready (physically and maybe emotionally charged -- anger having had time to build at work, perhaps) for a stressful task.

*If he worked that shift, did he work at a hospital, nursing home, LE, or somewhere else offering that shift?

*If a night shift isn't what he worked, is he self-employed, working at home, a traveling salesman, unemployed, or working odd hours (like in a restaurant)? Of course, these possibilities cover a LOT of people! So this rambling could be useless!

*With all the attention, he probably doesn't work an 8-5 or 7-3PM (etc.) job or his lateness/absence would've been noted after the LE alerts.

*Why wasn't he worried about someone else maybe being in the house and seeing him?

*Maybe he wasn't a family friend, but someone just Holly knew --- like from school, or somewhere related to nursing, etc. Then he'd worry less about being ID'd?

*Was he glib, confident and extroverted to get her initially to accompany him, or

*Did Holly know of him, being aware that he was violent, volatile or mentally unstable? Did she realize she had to pacify him?

*If it was someone she knew REALLY well, she might've been more apt to take a risk and say, "I've gotta go right now because I have a test"; so maybe the abductor was just an acquaintance or someone on the fringes of her schooling or social life. (Or clinical nursing life, if she was doing that.)

*Was it a person in power who approached her with the attitude of, "You'd better come with me, young lady, because I need to show you something" or.... "are you aware there's a [whatever... like, utilities] problem" ? Like a ranger, utilities worker, LE, etc.

Anyway, just a late night thought that the timing of the abduction might be the key to who the abductor is.

shefner
05-03-2011, 12:28 AM
I think the timing was planned because of Holly's morning schedule. The abductor knew what time she left for school...and that her parents wouldn't be there.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 12:36 AM
:wave:

I see y'all down there lurkin'. :D Hope you had a nice bin laden V-day.

GoodAim
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
shefner said: I think the timing was planned because of Holly's morning schedule. The abductor knew what time she left for school...and that her parents wouldn't be there.

Me: hi shefner. Yes, I understand that's been what people are thinking. It just seemed too early in the morning for a perp to be coordinated and feeling in control enough to abduct someone! Of course, if the abductor was on meth that could explain him being wired at 7:30AM ---- and also one of many reasons why (this is a bizarre thought and I sure don't mean to sound callous or frivolous, since it's truly heartbreaking) why he might not have saved her lunch before tossing the bag. I guess I've known too many speed freaks.

If the abductor had been watching the family's schedule, would he have considered there was a grown brother in the house too? I sure don't know. I'm not invested in any particular theory, but at least we're all hopefully keeping Holly's case going.

wfgodot
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Here's an interesting article from a decade ago about current Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt, and what-all he's been through in his career in LE. It takes serious dedication, as well as faith, to keep policing after having been shot in the line of duty:

Policeman/pastor counts miracles while recovering from shooting (http://www.bpnews.net/printerfriendly.asp?ID=10074) (Baptist Press)

Some Beach
05-03-2011, 01:01 AM
shefner said: I think the timing was planned because of Holly's morning schedule. The abductor knew what time she left for school...and that her parents wouldn't be there.

Me: hi shefner. Yes, I understand that's been what people are thinking. It just seemed too early in the morning for a perp to be coordinated and feeling in control enough to abduct someone! Of course, if the abductor was on meth that could explain him being wired at 7:30AM ---- and also one of many reasons why (this is a bizarre thought and I sure don't mean to sound callous or frivolous, since it's truly heartbreaking) why he might not have saved her lunch before tossing the bag. I guess I've known too many speed freaks.

If the abductor had been watching the family's schedule, would he have considered there was a grown brother in the house too? I sure don't know. I'm not invested in any particular theory, but at least we're all hopefully keeping Holly's case going.

One thing I've taken note of since moving down here is that the "normal business day" begins much earlier than what I would consider the norm. Even the electric department, water department, etc opens for business at 7:00 or 7:30 in the morning.

I don't know if that makes a difference here, but it is not just shift workers doing the 7:00-3:30 schedule. I'm thinking students would also be accustomed to being up early in the morning.

grandmaj
05-03-2011, 01:10 AM

I agree with you. I don't know if she knew her abductor but I feel that whoever it was knew her schedule. It could be a simple as him driving by at the same time every day to or from work and seeing her at the same time. Or it could be that it is someone in any of the school or organizations she belongs to. Someone noticed her and then probably made it a practice of learning her schedule.

I'll share a little story. When I was a teenager my sister and I would babysit for the neighbor right across the street from us. She was a nurse 3-11. And she only worked 3 days a week. At some point some SO saw that we were coming and going. We lived in the country. This man would ring the doorbell and he would be completely naked. I'll leave out the details. We would call the police but of course it would take them 10 minutes to respond and he would be gone. This happened over 20 times before they caught this man. And he never appeared except when we were babysitting. He was watching us. This happened in the dead of winter in New England. Naked in the snow he was at times.

We were so traumatized we stopped babysitting. This was back in the 60's when the good ole boy club was still in full force and no Sex Offender laws in place like today. They caught him..... but he got a slap on the wrist. One night as we were leaving he reached out to grab my sister by the arm and we fought him off. We didn't know him at all. But he knew us and our schedule. All it takes is a pervert to see you once and set their sites on finding out what they need to about you and your schedule. It could be anyone that took Holly.

The time frame of her abduction IMO is a really good place to start looking.

Some Beach
05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Here's an interesting article from a decade ago about current Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt, and what-all he's been through in his career in LE. It takes serious dedication, as well as faith, to keep policing after having been shot in the line of duty:

Policeman/pastor counts miracles while recovering from shooting (http://www.bpnews.net/printerfriendly.asp?ID=10074) (Baptist Press)

Very impressive.

Oriah
05-03-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm still wondering what the exact camo type was, and whether or not it was walmart style or actual bdu's.

BeanE
05-03-2011, 01:15 AM

That's quite a story. Thanks for posting it, wfgodot.

shefner
05-03-2011, 01:30 AM

Nice story....so glad to see good ones!

Melanie
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm just sad that Holly hasn't been found by now. And now that Bin Laden has taken up 100% of the media, Holly will slowly fade into the background. I hope I'm not right, but that's what I see happening.

Hugs to you Holly - wherever you are.

Mel

goldiegirl
05-03-2011, 01:52 AM
I agree with you. I don't know if she knew her abductor but I feel that whoever it was knew her schedule. It could be a simple as him driving by at the same time every day to or from work and seeing her at the same time. Or it could be that it is someone in any of the school or organizations she belongs to. Someone noticed her and then probably made it a practice of learning her schedule.

I'll share a little story. When I was a teenager my sister and I would babysit for the neighbor right across the street from us. She was a nurse 3-11. And she only worked 3 days a week. At some point some SO saw that we were coming and going. We lived in the country. This man would ring the doorbell and he would be completely naked. I'll leave out the details. We would call the police but of course it would take them 10 minutes to respond and he would be gone. This happened over 20 times before they caught this man. And he never appeared except when we were babysitting. He was watching us. This happened in the dead of winter in New England. Naked in the snow he was at times.

We were so traumatized we stopped babysitting. This was back in the 60's when the good ole boy club was still in full force and no Sex Offender laws in place like today. They caught him..... but he got a slap on the wrist. One night as we were leaving he reached out to grab my sister by the arm and we fought him off. We didn't know him at all. But he knew us and our schedule. All it takes is a pervert to see you once and set their sites on finding out what they need to about you and your schedule. It could be anyone that took Holly.

Wow- what a creepy story, but I have a feeling things like this happen more often than we realize.

I agree, I don't think it was necessarily someone who KNEW Holly, per se. Obviously, he planned this out and had an idea that she would be coming out that morning, but I don't think he did a whole lot of "homework," because Clint was home, and he either didn't know or didn't care.

cluciano63
05-03-2011, 02:03 AM
I'm just sad that Holly hasn't been found by now. And now that Bin Laden has taken up 100% of the media, Holly will slowly fade into the background. I hope I'm not right, but that's what I see happening.

Hugs to you Holly - wherever you are.

Mel

It's not as though this story was in the national news much in the past week anyway. None of these cases are, unless there is new information. It's not just Holly. Her case happens to be more unusual and interesting than some, so it would garner attention if there was something to report.

There has been next to nothing lately on the girl who vanished near Denver after a night out with her friends and that is a really werid and horrible-sounding story. And that is just one example. We've seen it time and again.

You'd think the local newspapers would at least have a little photo of the missing person in their area on their front page/website everyday, if nothing else, just to remind people that one of their citizens is missing. But they don't even get that, unless there is a teary-eyed family member to go along with it.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 02:06 AM

I totally agree with the way this post started and ended. But the middle part ... I'm pretty sure we could make a movie out of that! Rated R. :eek:

OMG.

:grouphug: for grandmaj

revampz
05-03-2011, 03:36 AM

Hi everyone.....due to a bit of a health scare I have been obsessed with medical pages and havent come onto websleuths for the last week and I have to agree with above. This is one case where there has not really been any rumors or comments about supposed suspects either on facebook pages, here or newsites comments. That is quite unusual, usually there is some form of a rumor or gossip going on and beleive me since I have been on here I always check all the newsite and facebook comments for any "talk", all quiet on the western front on this one.

Hope that is good

5150_bound
05-03-2011, 04:22 AM
i'm still here reading everday. just not commenting as much-- not much to add that hasnt already been said.

i still feel it's important to know what CB's reg. daily schedule was. was he not supposed to be home that morning-- or--- was he known to usually sleep in late?

the abductor went to the lengths to know when her parents left- so why did he risk it when her brother was home? unless CB wasnt supposed to be or was known to sleep late.

i still feel HB is alive and is being kept close by. someone earlier brought up that the abductor would have to leave to get water & food. most people i know get their water via water dispenser from the fridge/sink. this guy could have been also been gathering food for god knows how long.

keeping in mind i dont have a large amount of food in my house- but if i had to- i could survive on whats in my house for at least a month or two. providing i ration out my rice krispy treats ;o

nursebeeme
05-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Search for Holly Bobo continues

Law enforcement agencies on Monday continued their investigation of the disappearance of Holly Bobo, a missing Decatur County nursing student.

Authorities didn't search Monday but followed up on leads in the case, said John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110503/NEWS01/105030314

good morning.. here was the only thing I could find this morning..

praying today is the day

Carla Lashelle
05-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I totally agree with the way this post started and ended. But the middle part ... I'm pretty sure we could make a movie out of that! Rated R. :eek:

OMG.

:grouphug: for grandmaj

If it was real cold maybe PG-13? :innocent:

Mountain_Kat
05-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Skipped ahead to see if there was any news. Answer: NOT!

I'm about to pull my hair out at this point. WHERE IS HOLLY?!

oh_gal
05-03-2011, 09:58 AM

(above bbm)
Call me naive, but that, right there, scares me. Why would you not want your property searched to aid in this search? Unless you were running an on-site meth lab, or had 12 foot tall pot plants growing behind your shed...

maskedwoman
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
(above bbm)
Call me naive, but that, right there, scares me. Why would you not want your property searched to aid in this search? Unless you were running an on-site meth lab, or had 12 foot tall pot plants growing behind your shed...

That could be true, and Lord knows there are plenty of both in the woods, or we could just be talking about cantankerous people. That's what we southern folk call someone who won't do something a reasonable person would do, just because someone else wants them to do it. I had an uncle like that. Would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it but would cut off his arm rather than do something because he "should" or you said he "ought to".

And just to play devil's advocate for a moment, there are plenty of people all around the US who might (and have the 4th amendment right to) decline having their property searched without a warrant or probable cause. For example, I am a thoroughly law-abiding citizen but I'm not at all sure I would give the police permission to search my house without some prior discussion between LE and an attorney. However, I would happily take a polygraph so they could be satisfied I didn't have anything to do with Holly's disappearance.

Cubbies2010
05-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Will Nunley tweets this AM:

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though the amount of agents has been scaled back, this remains an active 'abduction' investigation, with a local command post.
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case. #hollybobo
26 minutes ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: specialized weekend searches did not uncover any dramatic new details as hoped for. #hollybobo
28 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

southernillinoisman
05-03-2011, 10:29 AM

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though the amount of agents has been scaled back, this remains an active 'abduction' investigation, with a local command post.

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case. #hollybobo
26 minutes ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: specialized weekend searches did not uncover any dramatic new details as hoped for. #hollybobo
28 minutes ago

I got this on my phone just a few minutes ago. BIG bummer.

Looks like we all need to pray harder and settle in with some patience.

Seems as though the best case scenario is that, wherever Holly is, that she just busts the heck out of there and gets to safety. Whoever has her must not be [I]quite[I] as stupid as we thought (and hoped.)

oh_gal
05-03-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't think many people would ever even think that someone could be watching them.

Case in point: Our small town has a trash pick up once a year, where you can get rid of all kinds of things that normally wouldn't fit in your trash receptacle every week. So my husband and I dragged out what was left of a treadmill (he took it apart) and then a perfectly in-tact exercise bike (really, we had not room for it, knew no one who wanted it, and even contacted local charities, no one wanted it). By the time I got back in the house, both of those items were gone. Someone had either been watching us (there are a lot of people driving around, doing just that, this week), or just got darn lucky as they were driving by.

Point is, if they were watching us, I never knew. Scary.

wfgodot
05-03-2011, 10:51 AM

willnunley Will Nunley

Good find.

I'm wondering why Will has offset the word 'abduction' with those inverted commas. Is there a message here?

ensht
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Nunley's tweets this morning are sad to me.

I think we've all overestimated how far along they were in this case and were trying too hard to read between the lines.

I don't think they can prove who did this, and I don't think they're as sure as many have felt they are on who did it.

Truth is there is a high number of RSO's in the area, a very high incident of meth lab discoveries and really quite a few missing persons as others have pointed out in that general area over the years.

With the Bin Laden death and other news this case is slowly sliding from public view towards the cold(er) case file and that really depresses me.

The perp only had a 45 minute head start but it might as well have been 45 days.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM

willnunley Will Nunley

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case.#hollybobo
26 minutes ago

willnunley Will Nunley
28 minutes ago

Thanks for this.

Well at least we have this new confirmation that LE specialized weekend searches were ... not dramatic. :waitasec:

I wonder what a "specialized" search is?

ensht
05-03-2011, 11:00 AM

I could easily see this being the case - that someone did these things to bring attention to others. IE evidence was placed where it was for a reason and had nothing to do with her leaving a trail.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm glad Will Nunley has tweeted about the case again even if his messages are not what we hoped for at this time.

I still believe the TBI may know who took Holly, but that doesn't mean they have found Holly yet or that they have concluded all of their forensic testing or analysis on items recovered so far.

I think they want to have an airtight case prepared before arresting someone. That doesn't mean they aren't keeping a close watch on the perp. MOO

liltexans
05-03-2011, 11:12 AM

The bolded part of Will's tweet above strikes me as interesting. Fewer agents are working the case now? Wonder why...

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Good find.

I'm wondering why Will has offset the word 'abduction' with those inverted commas. Is there a message here?

the word "cracked" appears in quotes too.

IMO, to emphasize that those are TBI's choice of words, and not his. Both are pretty descriptive words. abduction = kidnapping / vs. the word missing, for example. Denotes that LE's investigation is about the fact that someone took Holly against her will.

No change, really.

For a while now they haven't really announced that they are looking for Holly ... it's been more like they are looking for evidence/POI ... and now "case-cracking" information. And maybe they've at least said that much here - assuming Nunley's got direct quotes going on in his tweet.

:cow:

I'm lookin' real hard, but ... still no meat on that bone from Will Nunley.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 11:14 AM

The bolded part of Will's tweet above strikes me as interesting. Fewer agents are working the case now? Wonder why...

That's true, we've got that information in here too.

At some point all investigations scale back. IMO "local command post" is a good thing - TBI is settling in locally.

again. not much meat, but a little something.

Carla Lashelle
05-03-2011, 11:29 AM
If they arent doing big, large scale searches, I can see the need/reason to scale back. You dont need 500 people sitting around doing nothing while 100 do the paperwork, phone calls, follow ups, lab work etc.

I kinda doubt now that Holly is alive. Im sure LE probabaly suspects that too and at least has made some shift in their man power and resources to work the case from different angles. To some degree the sense of immediacy shifts from looking for a live person where time is of the utmost essence to going back and doing the behind the scenes stuff... which can often take time.

In another (murder) case I followed closely the case seemed totally dead for a month. There was as little or less info made public as in this case. After the first day or so of media coverage nothing new at all was said and LE said absolutely nothing for a month. Until out of the blue a suspect was announced and he was apprehended a couple of hours later.

Abtuctions usually seem to lead to murder so I can, in my mind, see where an investigation would go based on my own experiences as a victim and survivor.

maskedwoman
05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Good find.

That is very odd and not at all like his usual style.

VicVixvi
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM

Perhaps that was part of their 'plan' and they think that they are leading LE on a wild goose chase while HB is stashed either nearer to her house or in the opposite direction of the evidence trail.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Perhaps that was part of their 'plan' and they think that they are leading LE on a wild goose chase while HB is stashed either nearer to her house or in the opposite direction of the evidence trail.

Maybe, but I still think leaving nothing of hers to be found anywhere would have been a better plan.

I'm wondering if the perp didn't originally intend to cause her great physical harm or death, but he did, and then he panicked and had to get rid of her possessions quickly.

Stolly
05-03-2011, 12:18 PM

As several people have pointed out, this is a really great link. Since this started, I've been a huge fan of how Roy Wyatt has addressed the media, how he presents the investigation and attempts to disseminate the most accurate information. He seems genuinely compassionate toward the family and you can tell he wants to find the victim as much as the family does.

Part of me thinks that if it weren't for Sheriff Wyatt addressing the news early on, the thousands of volunteers would not have showed up, there would be no lunch box, duct tape or cell phone found and the TBI would have much less evidence.

Sheriff Wyatt is doing good work, and doing his best to inform the public.

VicVixvi
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM

Actually, there is him and another RSO that live right near each other (within 1/2 mile) on that road. I'd looked at them as a possibility very early on in the case due to all of the evidence and the search areas trending in that direction.

You'll find a post from me about the 2nd-4th threads talking about the 2 RSOs that live near each other.

What caused me to lower this on my probability chart is the evidence and the search areas started trending Southward down 69. Before the first weekend, EVERYTHING I knew when plotted on a map would almost draw an arrow directly to these two guys' houses.

Eery.

jabberwocky
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by shefner
greengreen, I live in a small town of 5500 people. I know how tight knit communities operate. I know you have mentioned how quiet it has been there for a few days among the locals....but is there any pressure being applied to certain persons or families who may have refused to have their properties searched?
"Pressure" can come in lots of ways....but in small communities it often is applied as shunning.
Do you have any sense of that?

I haven't seen any of the families since this happened. I do believe there has been pressure in various forms.

I keep thinking about this.

bobsmi
05-03-2011, 01:25 PM
"To me, the blood at the scene, 2 rather immediate 911 calls from Holly's brother and someone else, the reported screams in the woods, and the fact that Holly's belongings have been discarded all over the county lead me to believe that she's not alive."

No mention has been made of a purse or book bag. It would seem somewhat hopeful if the perp has allowed her keep personal items like what women keep in their purses (combs, brushes, makeup, etc.).

And I don't recall hearing of any schoolwork being found. I find that interesting.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 01:27 PM
"To me, the blood at the scene, 2 rather immediate 911 calls from Holly's brother and someone else, the reported screams in the woods, and the fact that Holly's belongings have been discarded all over the county lead me to believe that she's not alive."

No mention has been made of a purse or book bag. It would seem somewhat hopeful if the perp has allowed her keep personal items like what women keep in their purses (combs, brushes, makeup, etc.).

And I don't recall hearing of any schoolwork being found. I find that interesting.

Yes, that would be a hopeful sign, but it is very possible that LE has found other items of Holly's that they have not informed the media about nor the public. LE has searched many times on their own. They may have found other items. Time will tell I guess.

VicVixvi
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Maybe, but I still think leaving nothing of hers to be found anywhere would have been a better plan.

I'm wondering if the perp didn't originally intend to cause her great physical harm or death, but he did, and then he panicked and had to get rid of her possessions quickly.

You are right on the 'better plan' part. I think our perp made a plan and worked the plan. Part of his plan was to spread her things over a wide area to keep LE searching. In his mind, I'm sure he felt quite devious.

VicVixvi
05-03-2011, 01:50 PM

That's the problem with this case ... we haven't heard of ANYTHING being found (other than the lunch case). They could have found her books, her purse, her school paperwork, her clothes and everything else and we just don't know it because they haven't released any information.

wfgodot
05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Missing student's family wants property searches (http://www.wkrn.com/story/14563465/missing-students-family-wants-property-searches)
Posted: May 03, 2011 12:48 PM CDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The family of missing nursing student Holly Bobo is pleading with people to search their property in an effort to find the woman who is believed to have been abducted outside her Tennessee home by a man dressed in camouflage.

The family released the plea in a statement sent to the media on Tuesday, nearly three weeks after Holly Bobo's April 13 disappearance.
---
a bit more at News2 Nashville link above

Dogface
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Missing student's family wants property searches (http://www.wkrn.com/story/14563465/missing-students-family-wants-property-searches)

Interesting...wish, like the entire case, this wasn't so vague...who/where in particular are they needing to search that has prompted them to break their silence?

cluciano63
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Why hasn't LE been asking people to search their properties for weeks now?

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Why hasn't LE been asking people to search their properties for weeks now?

Do we know they haven't? On a logical/evidence and investigation direction-based basis?

Interesting the request as stated is from the family rather than LE... I have to think about that...or maybe we wait for more ... MSM "facts".

Or hope a local chimes in. :wave:

Dr. Know?
05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Per Will read from bottom to top:
willnunley Will Nunley
The statement was released to a source or reporter within the Associated Press. The letter was then released to us, as an AP member station.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
"Holly Bobo's Family" <end of verbatim> #hollybobo

willnunley Will Nunley
"..and ears open and search your own property. Please pray for Holly's strength and everyone who is still searching for our precious Holly"
willnunley Will Nunley
..and work must go on, but ours never will, until Holly is back with us. Please continue to pray for Holly's safe return, keep your eyes...
willnunley Will Nunley
"Thanks for your search efforts, donations, and especially your prayers for Holly and our family. I know everyone's daily life, routines...
22 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
"We could never thank everyone enough for all the kindness that has been shown to our family during this difficult time" #hollybobo Pt. 1
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
Here is the statement, verbatim from the Bobo Family: (following tweets)

willnunley Will Nunley
This statement is said to have come from the Bobo family and relayed through the 'family spokesman'. #hollybobo
33 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
The statement was not released to any television or radio outlets, nor was it released directly to me. Still wondering why.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
The family of Holly Bobo has released a statement today to the Associated Press. I will be tweeting it in moment. #hollybobo
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

cluciano63
Do we know they haven't? On a logical/evidence and investigation direction-based basis?

Interesting the request as stated is from the family rather than LE... I have to think about that...or maybe we wait for more ... MSM "facts".

Or hope a local chimes in. :wave:

It seems as though we would know if they have...they have said so little, and whatever they have said, has made the news in various forms, or twitter by WN. I've never heard/read that they said anything like this, just the stuff about people washing cars, etc...

liltexans
Will is tweeting again.

ETA: LOL, I see Dr. Know? above has it covered already.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Still tweeting...

TBI: 'we have covered a lot of ground' and State agents remain in the area.
41 seconds ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: No publicly organized searches are in the works at this time. Investigators continue to serach only specific areas of interest.
1 minute ago

willnunley Will Nunley
The statement was released to a source or reporter within the Associated Press. The letter was then released to us, as an AP member station.
3 minutes ago

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 02:48 PM
You know, the family released this short statement to AP - you think they'd print that statement in full everywhere.

Maybe soon they will.

The statement - in full - is less cryptic, and makes sense. It's a community thank you and a reminder to be vigilant for Holly, and to search one's own property.

wfgodot
05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
No mention of LE in the statement. One wonders if LE was informed the statement was being released.

mkay882
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm still wondering what the exact camo type was, and whether or not it was walmart style or actual bdu's.

In that area I would think probably realtree or a bdu type.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
You know, the family released this short statement to AP - you think they'd print that statement in full everywhere.

Maybe soon they will.

The statement - in full - is less cryptic, and makes sense. It's a community thank you and a reminder to be vigilant for Holly, and to search one's own property.

I agree. Searchers cannot search private land/property at all and LE cannot do so without the property owner's permission or a search warrant based on the presentation to the courts of probable cause. The statement from the family in its entirety is not cryptic at all to me.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
I clicked the link and read the statement in full. The hand written "cover letter" for lack of a better term from the Pastor, and the hand written note from the family....

I'm fully expecting a pummeling for this (donning flame retardent suit now) but I know a lot of us have been waiting for something, anything from the family, and as has been speculated..some people would criticize anything that comes out, and dang if I'm not the first one...

But, really...hand written, not given to a media outlet and kind of slipped into the hand of 'whoever'...it's totally freaking me out! I'm really, really starting to wonder if they aren't getting some bad advice. I would love for them to have a heart to heart talk/visit from Sharon Rocha, or John Walsh because I can't shake the feeling that they are being misguided in some way. Yes, I know...maybe they're just a really, quiet, private family. But...just wow.

Things were already strange enough.

Here's the link to the scan of the letter for anyone who couldn't find it:

http://www.wkrn.com/link/487064/statement-from-holly-bobos-family-may-2-2011

liltexans
05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree with the not cryptic part. But, what an odd way to release a statement.

I may have to take back my opinion, though. I hadn't looked at the scan until you pointed it out!!

liltexans
05-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I agree with the not cryptic part. But, what an odd way to release a statement.

It's not exactly a professional looking media release on TBI letterhead the way the announcement about the state reward was. I agree with you that this seems odd.

Carla Lashelle
05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
willnunley Will Nunley
3 minutes ago

It was said the statement was not released to the media... yes it was.. the Associated Press.

Carla Lashelle
05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Except for being hand written its not a bad statement. So IDK. Perhaps someone needed it faxed somewhere and it was jotted down? The hand written statement posted here is/was a fax copy

Stolly
05-03-2011, 03:21 PM
It's not exactly a professional looking media release on TBI letterhead the way the announcement about the state reward was. I agree with you that this seems odd.

The TBI and John Mehr haven't exactly been forthcoming with statements. Perhaps they advised against issuing anything at this point in time. Maybe, from their prospective, the less attention the better.

Maybe the family didn't know exactly what to do after meeting with the Pastor, and they thought this would be the easiest way to get the message out there.

ensht
05-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Except for being hand written its not a bad statement. So IDK. Perhaps someone needed it faxed somewhere and it was jotted down? The hand written statement posted here is/was a fax copy

The first thing TBI probably did was take every single computer in their house to search for clues. I doubt buying a new computer has been high on their list of things to do.

People really need to give them a break, this is getting ridiculous.

Lato
05-03-2011, 03:24 PM
From the family......

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110503/NEWS01/110503030/Family-Holly-Bobo-releases-statement-thanks-search-efforts?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

liltexans
05-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not questioning the family at all. But Will tweeted this:

This statement is said to have come from the Bobo family and relayed through the 'family spokesman'. #hollybobo

Last I had heard, Kevin Bromley was the family spokesman, not Pastor Don Franks of the Corinth Church. My concern is FOR the family, not ABOUT the family. I think the Pastor appears to be inserting himself in front of the family's very touching statement.

MOO

wfgodot
05-03-2011, 03:30 PM
The form of the statement is baffling. The Bobo family message, in the body of the release, is heartfelt, sensible, sincere; the scrawled cover letter by the pastor - that's another story.

No one is criticizing the family.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
The form of the statement is baffling. The Bobo family message, in the body of the release, is heartfelt, sensible, sincere; the scrawled cover letter by the pastor - that's another story.

Exactly. Thank you. My heart breaks for this family.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Last I had heard, Kevin Bromley was the family spokesman, not Pastor Don Franks of the Corinth Church. My concern is FOR the family, not ABOUT the family. I think the Pastor appears to be inserting himself in front of the family's very touching statement.

MOO

Pastor may have not-so-neat handwriting and sentence structure, but I think his note was an attempt to 1) authenticate that the letter was indeed from his parishoner and 2) acknowledge that Holly, sadly, is not the only missing child out there.

The family's note was appropriate. IMO, I certainly don't see why we care if it's handwritten - maybe even in church, after a chat with the pastor who offered to fax it off to a press source.

This seems to be an open, honest, non-sanitized statement from Holly's family.

Makes me wish I could go search whoever's property they want me to search. :(

southernillinoisman
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM

I agree. The Pastor's statement is strange and out of place. I honestly don't see any reason for it's inclusion. (Remember: I'm an Evangelical Pastor myself...I just couldn't imagine why he wrote what he wrote.)

Hear me: I'm not raising suspicions about anyone. Just saying it's just another really strange thing in this case.

BeanE
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I found the family's note of thanks to be warm, heartfelt, gracious, and especially touching in that they took the time to write it by hand.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Don Franks is Holly's Pastor. He's been in contact / interviewed by press.

Makes sense to me that if such a pastor was passing along a message from the family, he'd provide his name & church, etc., so the press could verify source, etc..

For example, here's a quote from Don Franks in an MSM article. (We've likely all seen it before.)

Bobo's pastor, Don Franks, described her as "a fine young Christian girl."

"The whole community is praying for her safety and well-being," Franks said.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-14/news/29449077_1_nursing-student-practical-nurse-camouflage

Stolly
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm really, really starting to wonder if they aren't getting some bad advice. I would love for them to have a heart to heart talk/visit from Sharon Rocha, or John Walsh because I can't shake the feeling that they are being misguided in some way. Yes, I know...maybe they're just a really, quiet, private family. But...just wow.

Hey SunSoaker,

I agree that some type of interview could certainly reinvigorate the investigation, or at least the public support and effort within the investigation.

They are most likely staying away from interviews because they will ask questions (about the brother, the timeline, blood, cell phones, other evidence and a million other things), and the TBI has released very little information concerning the investigation.

I know that John Walsh has said some comments that, while being very true and things I absolutely agree with, are probably not in a direction the family is interested in going.

John Walsh "I urge her parents to keep going to the media, the media is very key in this case." John Walsh's comments can be seen 1:44 and on in this video Fox interview

ensht
05-03-2011, 03:45 PM
The only thing I take from it aside of a genuine appreciation of the efforts of the public and LE is "no child is safe" and I 100% agree.

They can say this a member of the community all they want. Ted Bundy was a member of the community and so was Joel Rifkin. The fact is there was an apparent similar attempt a few months ago within a few miles and there are far too many missing women in the general area dating back many years.

CuriousBystander
05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
"We're very much still investigating it," TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm told The Associated Press. "We just don't have as many people dedicated to it as we did in those initials days" after her disappearance. "You just can't sustain that large an operation for a lengthy period of time."

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14563465/missing-students-family-wants-property-searches

IMO - You also can't sustain that large of an operation for a lengthy period of time with:

a) little if any information being provided by LE
b) virtually no presence by family pleading for help, her safe return, information about her whereabouts, etc.

Just a thought.

MSSB
05-03-2011, 03:50 PM
IMO, Holly's family is getting frustrated/fearful of time. I think they did a wondeful job with the letter, it is just a thank you note.

evelyn24
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Ah I read the bolded underlined part to mean they wanted LE to search people's property, but they're asking people to keep looking out for Holly and to please go over their own property to see if they find anything.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I agree. The Pastor's statement is strange and out of place. I honestly don't see any reason for it's inclusion. (Remember: I'm an Evangelical Pastor myself...I just couldn't imagine why he wrote what he wrote.)

Hear me: I'm not raising suspicions about anyone. Just saying it's just another really strange thing in this case.

Again, IMO, the Pastor is the news contact, and he was confirming for his news contact that the note was from his parishoners, the Bobo family.

Doubt any news orgs will focus on the Pastor's cover page comments on missing children in general - the news is in what Holly's family statement is.

I'm happy they were able to make a statement via a trusted family advisor - this completely devastated family just is not ready for prime time. Yet clearly they wanted to thank those who've been helping and donating and encourage them to remain vigilant.

In the Bobo's community, I'm sure this statement will be very powerful.

CuriousBystander
05-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey SunSoaker,

I agree that some type of interview could certainly reinvigorate the investigation, or at least the public support and effort within the investigation.

They are most likely staying away from interviews because they will ask questions (about the brother, the timeline, blood, cell phones, other evidence and a million other things), and the TBI has released very little information concerning the investigation.

I know that John Walsh has said some comments that, while being very true and things I absolutely agree with, are probably not in a direction the family is interested in going.

John Walsh "I urge her parents to keep going to the media, the media is very key in this case." John Walsh's comments can be seen 1:44 and on in this video Fox interview (http://video.foxnews.com/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case)

Mr. Walsh is right. A public presence keeps volunteers invigorated, perp's aware they are still being hunted, news media fixated on running the story, and makes sure people stay informed.

Is is difficult to face the media and risk breaking down over your loss?...yes, but the benefit far outweighs the cost.

burbqueen
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Curious I totally agree with you! This case is making me frustrated to no end. I am about to pull all my weave out.

I have so many questions for the LE, the community, and HB family. I just dont know how much good anyone can do when we know so little?? I at least need a time line or something? 911 call transcript? Something more than just bits and pieces.

evelyn24
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Interesting...wish, like the entire case, this wasn't so vague...who/where in particular are they needing to search that has prompted them to break their silence?

TBH I think the fact the official searches are coming to a halt prompted them to release this statement to get people to continue to look at their own property/properties just to keep hope alive someone will find something, even though there are no longer big volunteer searches happening. You know, to remind people their help is still needed.

Emma Peel
05-03-2011, 03:58 PM
It's almost 4pm. (est)
Must be time for our thread's daily vent. :maddening:

:chillout: Gee thanks, I needed that.

Irish_Eyes
05-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Mr. Walsh is right. A public presence keeps volunteers invigorated, perp's aware they are still being hunted, news media fixated on running the story, and makes sure people stay informed.

Is is difficult to face the media and risk breaking down over your loss?...yes, but the benefit far outweighs the cost.

Really? John and Patsy Ramsey, anyone? Didn't turn out too hot for them... If our own forum is any example there are many people who will criticize them no matter what they do - or don't do. Even when they were on the media last people here were trying to claim the mom's reaction was off...and let's not even go there about the treatment CB has gotten...they are criticized when they don't speak and criticized when they do. While I agree that I would take any mud anyone would sling at me if I thought it would bring my child home, in this small town I don't think anyone doesn't know she's missing, or know as much as we do if not more....so I don't know that it would benefit them necessarily at all.

mrsu
05-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I think...

#1. There are people who have not agreed to property searches. For whatever reason, maybe LE wasn't able to get a search warrant for the property. (How easy is it?) I think they are subtly making it known that some people haven't consented and this puts more of a public eye on them...possibly?

#2. The family is definitely damned if they do and damned if they don't. I would have liked to see them more vocal from the beginning, but here, there, and everywhere else people have been begging for them to say something, ANYTHING, now here they have and we (some) still aren't satisfied.

#3. I wish they would just find her already!

liltexans
05-03-2011, 04:34 PM
You need probable cause to get a search warrant.

maskedwoman
05-03-2011, 04:40 PM

MOO

I'm not sure that's a fair conclusion. For all we know, they might have asked the Pastor to take over as spokesperson.

liltexans
05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure that's a fair conclusion. For all we know, they might have asked the Pastor to take over as spokesperson.

Yes, they might have. I'm just going by what Will tweeted and the person who has been previously named as the family spokesman.

BeanE's site has a great list of "who's who" in the case:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-whos-who/

grandmaj
05-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Kimster asked yesterday that this whole line of discussion about the family speaking out stop. Now that they have spoken out that isn't good enough. It isn't good enough in message to some, the way it was delivered was not good enough and accusing the Minister of inserting himself into this case?

Knock it off. Get back to the case and stop this whole line of discussion. We are here to look for clues not be critical of the Victims who are living a Nightmare. We are here to help not make totally nonfactual guesses about the situation.

The rants need to end and the work needs to start this isn't a whine thread.

Everyone :chillout: and take a few minutes to read and thank this post.

grandmaj
05-03-2011, 05:13 PM
One of the things we haven't listed are the places where someone would go to work very early or leave very early 6:30 -7:30 in the morning. Or what is in the area.

Now I don't want business names brought here but have we checked out the area for transient type motels. The ones where you stay for a month or months because it is a cheap place to stay. Cabins, truck stops, are there hospitals close by, all night shopping? Factories with multiple shifts?

What is in the area that might have brought someone to that area if this abductor was a stranger to Holly?

A good way to list it would be

Factory, XXX Street Name Leave the street Number out
Motel XXX Street Name

Chili Fries
05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
You need probable cause to get a search warrant.
Yes I think it's not likely a search warrant would be issued just because a small portion of a much larger search hasn't allowed access. We've seen this in other cases, owners don't want their property searched. Maybe some have something to hide that has nothing to do with Holly but I also know a lot of people just don't want to have anything to do with the government or just don't want to get involved. I've known people like that throughout my life. Of course Holly's family could have specific people in mind who LE have an inkling about but in general it's unfortunately not uncommon for property owners to not consent to searches.

maskedwoman
05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
One of the things we haven't listed are the places where someone would go to work very early or leave very early 6:30 -7:30 in the morning. Or what is in the area.

Now I don't want business names brought here but have we checked out the area for transient type motels. The ones where you stay for a month or months because it is a cheap place to stay. Cabins, truck stops, are there hospitals close by, all night shopping? Factories with multiple shifts?

What is in the area that might have brought someone to that area if this abductor was a stranger to Holly?

Motel XXX Street Name

Convenience Market Tennessee Avenue
Convenience Market Hwy 641

Oriah
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM

Motel XXX Street Name

Good place to look this up:

http://2chambers.com/parsons,_tennessee.htm

http://decaturcountytennessee.org/

Birdsong- I-40, exit 133

Do any 24 hr busineses have video surveillance from early morning hours- prior to, say, 5AM the day Holly was abducted. Is it typically busy in the early morning hours? How many businesses in the area (besides hospitals) are 24hr?

TxLady2
05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
If Holly is already dead, as some strongly believe, then I can't see where the family speaking out in public is going to help them at all. It would only satisfy the curiosity of a few. It surely won't help find her body.
As long as LE believes she is still alive, then yes, I think it might help, but again there are those few who tend to criticize them, no matter what they do or say.
Personally, I think the handwritten note was a nice touch, it made it seem more personal. That's just me.

GoodAim
05-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Grandmaj -- Your experience of stalking and being confronted is pretty traumatic. I'd think it would make me overly vigilant forever!

And HappyBonnie, it's a good point that students too might not be in classes at the time Holly went missing. Thinking about this last night, the timing just suddenly seemed important to me -- beyond the perp having been watching and knowing that her parents had already left the house. Just an idea based on (if I was a criminal) when I'd be most likely to act --- after work, after school, after being up for hours...

dotnetnow
05-03-2011, 06:50 PM
I found this article very informative and ethically done. It gives great insight into many local perps and crimes occurring in the area and maybe how well the authorities have run down each one in their search for clues:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-big-city-crime-comes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

T4Tide
05-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm too lazy to go back and find the direct post to quote, but someone back there was speaking about shiftwork and who might be up at that time in the morning. My dh is an avid turkey hunter, and often wakes at 3:30am to go hunting. He commonly goes hunting before work, and even went hunting before school as a student. In a rural area with many hunters, there are probably several local men that got out of bed that day in the wee hours and reported to work/school as normal, with the familiar alibi of hunting turkey. Being in camo reinforces that alibi. While I am positive that the majority of men (and women) fitting this description are most likely innocent, I would feel better knowing that all families who have a family member who went hunting that morning have followed up with LE.

Woe.be.gone
05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Really? John and Patsy Ramsey, anyone? Didn't turn out too hot for them... If our own forum is any example there are many people who will criticize them no matter what they do - or don't do. Even when they were on the media last people here were trying to claim the mom's reaction was off...and let's not even go there about the treatment CB has gotten...they are criticized when they don't speak and criticized when they do. While I agree that I would take any mud anyone would sling at me if I thought it would bring my child home, in this small town I don't think anyone doesn't know she's missing, or know as much as we do if not more....so I don't know that it would benefit them necessarily at all.

Back when the Ramsey's were speaking out, I believed them. I wasn't on a crime forum then or anything but I never thought they were guilty. Same with Michael Jackson molesting children - just don't believe it's true.

On the other hand, I don't know what to believe about the Anthony's and all of their speaking out. IMO it's harmed them.

The family doesn't need to speak out everyday, all the time, but it would be nice if they'd clarify a few details. It's great that they know they're not involved in any way but the vast public doesn't know them from Adam.

I don't understand their silence now.

WideOpen
05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I am glad the parents are reaching out to thank the public. It must be so hard for them to write the first sentence let alone complete such a heart wrenching plea.

After the Sunday find, LE turning away volunteers, and the silence for days it bothered me enough to begin tossing the idea around in my head that maybe the perp took Holly far away. He is a stranger to most or everyone in town. He could have been sleeping in his car/truck. He might be equipped to camp in the state parks. Was he seen buying supplies in the area walmart.
Are there any other crimes that might tie in to the area (and I do think the other woman miles away but similar is intriguing) like stolen cars, missng equipment, an ATV for example?
Any mysterious deaths or bodies found in the suspected path?
I did find a suspicious death, one about n hour away north east up hwy 69 on the Tennessee River the day following Holly going missing. It was a high profile person and might explain why the governor would increase the reward. But, I am new at sleuthing so am probably just using my imagination to draw a relationship to Holly.

JMO
I am so sad and worried about Holly and her family. Praying for her to come home!

jabberwocky
05-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Motel XXX Street Name

hospital, Tennessee Ave S Parsons
truckstop/restaurant Hwy 641S open 24 hours Holladay
bar/restaurant Hwy 412 E closed tues,wed,- open 5pm m,thur,fri,sat,sun Parsons

STGSouth
05-03-2011, 08:52 PM

The main and most important difference here is while he Ramseys were both eager to jump all of the media circus, they weren't eager at all to talk to LE!!!!!!!!!!

cfreyja23
05-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes I think it's not likely a search warrant would be issued just because a small portion of a much larger search hasn't allowed access. We've seen this in other cases, owners don't want their property searched. Maybe some have something to hide that has nothing to do with Holly but I also know a lot of people just don't want to have anything to do with the government or just don't want to get involved. I've known people like that throughout my life. Of course Holly's family could have specific people in mind who LE have an inkling about but in general it's unfortunately not uncommon for property owners to not consent to searches.

I agree, and I think this very articulate message from the family did a great job of evoking the spirit of volunteerism in the community. People who may otherwise not give consent for a search to LE will probably be encouraged (read: guilted) into searching their own property, which in the long run may be more productive than a 1,000-volunteer search in random places. Also, probable cause is not needed to search for what is already in plain sight and from above. LE can fly over with a helicopter and look at all this land, and it's my understanding they've already done so. Wouldn't it be great if some local person who had access to a helicopter could help other locals do aerial searches?

txsvicki
05-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I think it's normal for the public to be asked to search their properties. When a lady was missing in my town either her family or LE asked the same thing, because there are quite a few rural areas outside town. It's a good thing to ask of people since someone might find something or have property that hasn't been searched. IMO, every business owner should also order or even pay for a search if they have an empty or gated property. If everyone would get it done, that would rule out all areas except for maybe one, the abductors home if he lives nearby.

Jo in Calif
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Day 7 Of Search For Holly Bobo In Decatur County

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14477180/day-7-of-search-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county

I found this article at casesiginal, thank you bean, at the bottom it states how they knew it was Holly's lunch bag, her mother packed her lunch for her that morning. Logic tells me that the reason Holly had a lunch with her was because she planned on eating it that day.
I know it has been said she had a test that day, but nothing about how long she would be at school, logic, lunch packed, will need it for school.
Another thing that tells me that Holly's mother possibly saw her that morning, was the time that Holly left the house, I believe it was around 7:30, I believe Holly's mother left around 7:00.
Every picture I have seen of Holly, her hair was styled and a full face of makeup, I would venture to say she looked like that every day she attended school, logic tells me, she would get up around 6:00, take a shower, blow dry her hair, hit it with a curling iron, put on her makeup and get dressed.
This takes time, not just jump out of bed, wash your face hair up in a pony tail, get dressed and out the door.
I would pretty much bet Holly's mother saw her that morning and if Holly is not found, in due time, I'm sure Holly's mom will share with us the last time she saw her.

cluciano63
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I am surprised that this request to search properties did not come from LE weeks ago, and can't find anyplace where they ask the public to do this. I thought it was pretty standard, I think in Portland they asked people to do this right away when Kyron went missing. Wonder how LE could overlook this obvious request of the public, if they did.

Also, there were reports of some people who did not allow LE to search their homes/properties in Portland at the time, probably for various reasons as mentioned here. Some people just don't like LE around at all, and others, who may be doing something less than legal, are not going to believe LE when they say they will look the other way. Even Clint Dunn, Hailey's dad, got arrested for pot when he had LE searching his home. That said, I would hope everyone who has any amount of land would search on their own and would have done so long before now.

grandmaj
05-03-2011, 09:44 PM
What are we missing here? Who knew Holly's schedule. Was it a stranger or someone in her circle at least someone who knew her from her school or other associations?

How do you feel about a RSO do you think this plays a part?

I'm trying to think about another home abduction? What other cases had home abductions and were they similar? Who ended up being the perp?

I also think the fact that they don't have a solid lead at least according to what we know, it is someone who flies under the radar. Someone who isn't being missed by family or work? NO?

SmoothOperator
05-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Re: RSO Terry Britt

Just having moment to attempt to catch-up.. IMO Good find dotnet(even if he's not involved in this case.. Nonetheless I think this person should be brought to the light of day..someone such as this does nothing good by being hidden, laying low, flying under the radar, etc}..I'm sorry but IMO this is the exact criminal that has zero business or right to be sharing the sidewalk with you and I an our children!! IO he has displayed a crystal clear pattern of sexually violent attacks..

At the extremely young age of merely 18 he was convicted of Rape[tho I hardly believe that was his first attack..just first reported/prosecuted]..At or about exactly one decade later he again sexually attacks a victim and is convicted of Sexual Battery at 27yoa.. At or about one decade later, he once again sexually attacks a victim and yet again is convicted of Rape at 38yoa!!

A crystal clear pattern of violen sexual perpetration[and we all know the number of convictions does not accurately represent the true/factual number of attacks he has actually perpetrated..that number is much greater]..I certainly would like to know how in the hell a judge justifies allowing this predator to walk freely in our society amongst our children?!!??

It is not a question of "IF" this predator will attack again..but rather only "WHEN" will he attack his next innocent victim[if he hasn't already].Finding out this predator lives within 10 miles of the Bobo residence along with the fact that he literally lives within a stone's throw of where the lunchbox was found..IS MORE THAN DISTURBING!

Especially when you add in the crystal clear patten of behavior that his history lays out for us to see.. For 30 yrs+[3 decades]this man has violently sexually attacked at or about the exact every 10 year mark[Rape conviction, Sexual Battery conviction, Rape conviction]..Well he is due to attack based on his history[again that's if he hasn't already "attacked" and just hasn't yet been arrested for it]..

Disturbing to say the least..How in the heck is this a free man??

mikkismom
05-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I am surprised that this request to search properties did not come from LE weeks ago, and can't find anyplace where they ask the public to do this. I thought it was pretty standard, I think in Portland they asked people to do this right away when Kyron went missing. Wonder how LE could overlook this obvious request of the public, if they did.

Also, there were reports of some people who did not allow LE to search their homes/properties in Portland at the time, probably for various reasons as mentioned here. Some people just don't like LE around at all, and others, who may be doing something less than legal, are not going to believe LE when they say they will look the other way. Even Clint Dunn, Hailey's dad, got arrested for pot when he had LE searching his home. That said, I would hope everyone who has any amount of land would search on their own and would have done so long before now.

Regarding the search of homes, when we took (emergency) custody of our grandson years ago, the police had to 'check' our house to make sure it was okay. There was nothing illegal but I was certainly praying that I hadn't left my underwear on the floor! Having your house searched is a very personal thing. I remember feeling like they were 'looking for something wrong'. I think that would deter some people, especially in a small town. I could imagine the 'gossip' regarding my choice of underwear or my unmade bed!

cluciano63
05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
What are we missing here? Who knew Holly's schedule. Was it a stranger or someone in her circle at least someone who knew her from her school or other associations?

I'm trying to think about another home abduction? What other cases had home abductions and were they similar? Who ended up being the perp?

I also think the fact that they don't have a solid lead at least according to what we know, it is someone who flies under the radar. Someone who isn't being missed by family or work? NO?

I don't believe this has to be someone who knows Holly or even that he has to be "local." Any predator scopes out the area first and would have known where he could park to get to the house and exit with Holly via the woods. She might have been followed home on Tuesday evening or whenever she last arrived home. He could have spent the night in his truck, as well as crawling around to see where he could get the best view. He could be one of those cross-country predators/serial offenders, someone recently released from prison, someone who drives around looking for day work, any number of things. He may have seen her in a store and just zeroed in on her.

If it is a local, he must have gone back to his usual activities very quickly so as not to stand out in such a small community. If that is the case, Holly should be nearby. But if he is a wandering predator, he likely took her out of the area and disposed of her in some other rural place. This could be a case like Morgan Harrington, only instead of "lucking" into a vulnerable victim, he stalked one for a day or two. Ted Bundy used to do it both ways; sometimes he had his eye on a particular girl, other times he went with what was "available."

The more time that passes, the more I am leaning toward a stranger passing through town, someone who has done this sort of thing before and has probably been in prison for some violent crimes. (I sound like a profiler, they all say the same thing...:) )

Rallihanna
05-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Something just isn't sitting right with me on this case; I don't know how to explain it, but it just feels so different than so many others. I wish I could put my finger on it.

grandmaj
05-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Regarding the search of homes, when we took (emergency) custody of our grandson years ago, the police had to 'check' our house to make sure it was okay. There was nothing illegal but I was certainly praying that I hadn't left my underwear on the floor! Having your house searched is a very personal thing. I remember feeling like they were 'looking for something wrong'. I think that would deter some people, especially in a small town. I could imagine the 'gossip' regarding my choice of underwear or my unmade bed!

I understand this thinking. And if you haven't done anything wrong some people feel this type of search is an invasion. I'm not sure whether LE asks everyone or not. I would imagine if it was an apartment bldg or condo unit yes. But private homes? I would imagine if LE is denied they might check to see the background of those that live there to try to determine if there is any reason to be concerned.

You know my husband had a heart attack. It was minor but when he came home from the hospital he threw bloodclots to the lung. Thankfully he is fine. But where I was going with this is when I called an ambulance LE came and the ambulance. And the first question out of the mouth of LE was, who is the diabetic? I said diabetic?

Remember I'm in panic my husband can't breath right now... he said what is the sharps container for? :doh: Well it is mine I said, the script is right on it. I'm not diabetic but I have to use an injectable arthritis drug. LOL So you see they notice these things they are trained that way. And I knew that because I used to be an EMT, but when you are nervous or in a panic you aren't on your toes , and that is exactly what they are counting on I think in these random searches. Watching for reaction.

I think I would probably let them search though and hand them a dust rag to swish around while they were touching stuff. :)

cfreyja23
05-03-2011, 10:27 PM

One of the puzzling things about the possibility of a stranger abduction, to me, is how could someone observe the family long enough to know what their morning schedule looked like without being seen, even in the woods? Many WSers were looking at maps and pics showing the home. Is it possible for someone to park a car on the main road or stand in the brush around their home and be undetected (I couldn't tell from the one photo I saw). If I remember correctly, the dad said it might be someone who knew their schedule. If the family members are observant people, I just have a hard time believing someone could be sitting there watching and their dogs wouldn't bark, they wouldn't see any cars nearby, etc.
Sorry if this has been covered before.

CHARLISA
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM

I'm been thinking about this too. Since we can't see her FB page, we have no idea what kind of info was on her wall. Or on her friend's FB pages for that matter.

It could be something as innocent as (this is just an example): have clinicals tomorrow @ ? time and etc. etc., I do believe this person waited for a golden opportunity and struck. Probably owns own business or is a contractor and doesn't have to report regularly like a 9-5er. JMO tho.

grandmaj
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
One of the puzzling things about the possibility of a stranger abduction, to me, is how could someone observe the family long enough to know what their morning schedule looked like without being seen, even in the woods? Many WSers were looking at maps and pics showing the home. Is it possible for someone to park a car on the main road or stand in the brush around their home and be undetected (I couldn't tell from the one photo I saw). If I remember correctly, the dad said it might be someone who knew their schedule. If the family members are observant people, I just have a hard time believing someone could be sitting there watching and their dogs wouldn't bark, they wouldn't see any cars nearby, etc.
Sorry if this has been covered before.

The only thing I can think of is the person was watching from the woods, or on foot while scoping out the family hiding in a bush or something.. I think unless we are really conscious of our surroundings it is sometimes easy to be watched without realizing it. Or he could have been in an area perhaps with binoculars? I don't think this was the usual opportunity snatch and grab. I feel this was planned. I could be totally wrong but this feels like it wasn't as sloppy as as a random snatch. Maybe a random abductor but not a random snatch.

cluciano63
05-03-2011, 10:46 PM
It might be easier to get an idea of how much luck played into his timing, versus intense planning, if we knew anything about the schedule of Holly's brother. Did he leave the house at a certain time each day, maybe even work a late shift? Or were there only enough vehicles so that when the perp watched the parents leave and Holly came out, it was a fair assumption that no one was still in the house?

As it was, this was a witnessed abduction, and yet, as of three weeks later, he has managed to get away with it so far. That is pretty startling. It makes me think he was prepared to deal with anyone who interfered, if he had to.

I think he must have had a gun and/or knife, as Holly being frozen with fear is the only way I can imagine that she would not have dropped her things, screamed and made some kind of a run for it. Her keys should have been in her hand-how could she not have dropped them unless she just froze?

All very strange...and yet no real warning from LE about a possibly armed and dangerous offender.

dotnetnow
05-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Re: RSO XXXXXXXX

Thanks SmoothOperator. I do find that whole set or circumstances very relevant. One reason I didnt go into great detail was because I just wasnt sure how much to say and be proper so I left the info there for people to see and make their own conclusions.

BTW, on map distance between object and residence is just under 3 miles.

Another reason I didnt get too carried away was because I firmly believe that with the local, tbi, fbi, etc all involved there is no way they didnt see this. I figure they have either eliminated him as a suspect or are all over this angle and looking for corroborating evidence. I cant imagine this guy being able to get away with anything obvious. I imagine if they wanted to search or obtain anything from this guy LE would be able to find an avenue through the legal system to get what they want. So I believe he is either not involved or if he were he is not being overlooked.

On a similar note I imagine "everyone" in that community knows all about this guy.

Jabberwocky

Interesting side note, but I wasnt sure how to bring it up yet, in regards to "locations" follow up.

You posted this as a location:
truckstop/restaurant Hwy 641S open 24 hours Holladay

From the article I posted earlier there was mention of how strange it was for the author when they were going to help search and right off the hwy I 40 there is a "adult emportium" of sorts.

Well I looked further at the time that shop (although hard to find) is very near that truckstop. Its at the jct of 69 and I40 right next to the XXX Motel. I could only find it by using street view on google map.

I dont know that it has any relevance excepting talking about places a perp might frequent, stay, etc.

The article mentions how strange it was on a saturday morning before noon that there were a lot of vehicles there. Im not so convinced because of the layout they may not have been gathered so much at the "adult emportium" as using the parking around it due to lots of people being in town to help on the search.

The author thought it was creepy to have that sort of establishment there. They thought of small towns as "little white church" and this as their first impression off the hwy was a little weird for them. I will say that I live in the middle of a pretty big city, and we dont even have very many places like that to be found...whatever!

I'll mention that article one more time to say that it goes into detail about several of the RSO's in the area and how they've been followed up on recently. It helps to eliminate potentially related situations.

...For what its all worth.

MissJames
05-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Unfortunately ,there have been some very uncomfortable (for lack of a better word) moments in the media for the families of missing loved ones.

The Anthony's have forever changed how we used to assume families would behave.
Trenton Ducketts mom was pushed over the edge.The Runaway Bride's fiance' was hounded.
Kyron Hormon's family has been thoroughly dissected.
Maybe they are afraid they'll make things worse if they go public.

I'm not blaming anyone .The electronic age has forever changed the news media,some good and some bad.
Something is holding them back.Hopefully ,someone with experience will come forward and help them through this. Thank God Cindy Anthony is busy right now :innocent:

CHARLISA
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
It might be easier to get an idea of how much luck played into his timing, versus intense planning, if we knew anything about the schedule of Holly's brother. Did he leave the house at a certain time each day, maybe even work a late shift? Or were there only enough vehicles so that when the perp watched the parents leave and Holly came out, it was a fair assumption that no one was still in the house?

As it was, this was a witnessed abduction, and yet, as of three weeks later, he has managed to get away with it so far. That is pretty startling. It makes me think he was prepared to deal with anyone who interfered, if he had to.

I think he must have had a gun and/or knife, as Holly being frozen with fear is the only way I can imagine that she would not have dropped her things, screamed and made some kind of a run for it. Her keys should have been in her hand-how could she not have dropped them unless she just froze?

All very strange...and yet no real warning from LE about a possibly armed and dangerous offender.

Really makes you wonder about whose blood it was if LE hasn't warned the public re: ARMED & DANGEROUS offender.

cluciano63
05-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately ,there have been some very uncomfortable (for lack of a better word) moments in the media for the families of missing loved ones.

The Anthony's have forever changed how we used to assume families would behave.
Trenton Ducketts mom was pushed over the edge.The Runaway Bride's fiance' was hounded.
Kyron Hormon's family has been thoroughly dissected.
Maybe they are afraid they'll make things worse if they go public.

I'm not blaming anyone .The electronic age has forever changed the news media,some good and some bad.
Something is holding them back.Hopefully ,someone with experience will come forward and help them through this. Thank God Cindy Anthony is busy right now :innocent:

I know there is no easy way to be the family of a missing person, but I do think the media has to be taken advantage of, whatever people say. They are going to say it anyway. If you have a chance to be on TV every day, someone in the family should probably do it. The stories do fall away from the public eye.

Thinking of Bethany Decker, for example. Not a word about her in months, and nothing that I know of from her family. It has made many people around the internet think that she went off on her own to have her baby. But there is no evidence of that.

All I am saying is people on the internet are going to talk either way, why not keep your child's face on TV as much as possible, since they are gossiping about the family anyway?

sumzero
05-03-2011, 11:12 PM
The most probable source of the blood, IMO, is HB. It could be from a nosebleed, if the abductor grabbed her from behind to stifle a scream. But I'm guessing he cut HB, to let her know he "meant business." I highly doubt it is animal blood (as part of a ruse, for example). That seems far-fetched to me. If the blood is not HB's, it'd probably belong to her abductor. In that case, I'd expect LE to ask for help: Did you notice someone at home or at work with an unusual cut that particular day? Only speculation, of course.

dotnetnow
05-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Blood Info:
The fact that the blood was analyzed, not released, no signifigant POI information, no leaks about searches for me says a few things.
a. The blood is not relevant.
b. The blood is not traceable to anyone already in the system.

If a. then I'd keep it secret to keep the perp guessing, or I might release it bc this is of small use in any case.

If b. this lets off the hook a whole lot of potential suspects.

My guess is it's Holly's too.

Soul125
05-03-2011, 11:54 PM
This case reminds me in some ways of the Brooke Wilberger case. I know some may disagree. The only thing left behind at the crime scene was her shoes. Neighbors heard her scream and that was the last she was heard from. I don't think the person who took Holly was a local, meaning from the community. I think he was someone who visited the area maybe a few times to hunt, and knew the area well enough. He could have just taken a chance that nobody would see him to identify him. And it just so happened that nobody was around to stop him. I think this guy could have traveled some distance and this is going to make it very difficult to zero in on him. JMO

Oriah
05-04-2011, 12:18 AM
The only thing I can think of is the person was watching from the woods, or on foot while scoping out the family hiding in a bush or something.. I think unless we are really conscious of our surroundings it is sometimes easy to be watched without realizing it. Or he could have been in an area perhaps with binoculars? I don't think this was the usual opportunity snatch and grab. I feel this was planned. I could be totally wrong but this feels like it wasn't as sloppy as as a random snatch. Maybe a random abductor but not a random snatch.

When you look at the property and circumstances surrounding, it certainly seems to me as if someone may have been stalking this family quietly. That doesn't mean they didn't have a vehicle- just that the vulnerability factor may have come from someone who knew enough to watch Holly (and her family) very quietly.

I wonder about the hours preceding the morning of Holly's abduction. Is there a MSM report that talks about where Holly was the evening before? Is there anyone that may have watched her or her other family members come home that evening/morning?

And I STILL want to know the camo type. Considering it was so specifically mentioned early on... was it army issue? Was it worn out, was it desert camo, was it appropriate for turkey season in TN, was it 'camo' that's popular fashion and can be purchased at most everywhere in the area?

Is there any report of hair type/style of the abductor? Long- short- bald- dark- light, etc?

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 12:26 AM
When you look at the property and circumstances surrounding, it certainly seems to me as if someone may have been stalking this family quietly. That doesn't mean they didn't have a vehicle- just that the vulnerability factor may have come from someone who knew enough to watch Holly (and her family) very quietly.

I wonder about the hours preceding the morning of Holly's abduction. Is there a MSM report that talks about where Holly was the evening before? Is there anyone that may have watched her or her other family members come home that evening/morning?

And I STILL want to know the camo type. Considering it was so specifically mentioned early on... was it army issue? Was it worn out, was it desert camo, was it appropriate for turkey season in TN, was it 'camo' that's popular fashion and can be purchased at most everywhere in the area?

Is there any report of hair type/style of the abductor? Long- short- bald- dark- light, etc?

There has been nothing at all about what Holly did on Tuesday, or when she came home for the night. Someone could have followed her from the last place she was and just stayed in the woods all night, waiting and watching. There has also been no word about if the brother usually left the house in the morning, or if there was another vehicle besides the one Holly planned to use. If not, the perp could easily have watched mom and dad leave and just made his move when Holly appeared and headed for the car.

You would think LE would ask the public if anyone had seen Holly that Tuesday afternoon/evening and if they noticed any unusual vehicle or person at any of the places she went. They could try to bring the public back in their minds to April 12th, that Tuesday. Now it seems a little late, but it could still help if someone saw her in town and followed her home.

Oriah
05-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Regarding the find of Holly's "lunch bag"...

Here's what a very quick search pulls up:
http://www.thefind.com/apparel/info-purse-style-lunch-tote

Do we know what size/type this bag was? Were there lunch-type items found inside?

dotnetnow
05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
I was looking through junk again and ran accross these videos:
http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/c65d99ab-47d4-4bae-a140-81e713c52f28/News/Decatur-County-Search

http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/ece2f2c1-f20e-4418-b76c-771135f1d6d6/News/Holly-Bobo-Sunday-Update-As-Authorities-Ask-For-Help

There's largely nothing new for most there. I just noted a few things in the reports that were new for me.

a) In both reports the newsperson mentions that polygraphs were taken. I dont know if this is mis-reported or whom took them, but I didnt know anyone had been given a polygraph that was reported by a news source.

b) In the 1st video it replays a different cut from the "parents plea". I hadn't heard this cut before and in it Holly's father says she was taken around 8 o'clock. I had heard 730 in the initial sheriff's interview and other reports.

I wish I could get at the "raw" video of this.

Whatever that's worth.

I keep wondering about the camo and other details as well. What kind of camo, what details can CB remember later that can be sketched together as useful descriptive pieces? Things like hat, hair, ammo belt, rip, type camo, boot color, anything precise and descriptive.

All I can figure is CB didnt get but a second to see, it was far away and he got absolutely no details (even those one might remember through visualization later on) or LE doesn't think this will help?! Maybe CB just got a glimpse of them as they were going through brush or something...I dunno.

grandmaj
05-04-2011, 12:44 AM
It would be interesting to know if she did go out the night before to study with someone or to have dinner or a church meeting. Anything along those lines could have meant someone could have followed her the night before. I know there is frustration with the lack of details and I just keep hoping it is because while they don't know who it is yet, they might have an idea what happened and are following down leads.

Maybe since they don't know Holly's fate they are reluctant to be more public.

Oriah
05-04-2011, 12:57 AM
It would be interesting to know if she did go out the night before to study with someone or to have dinner or a church meeting. Anything along those lines could have meant someone could have followed her the night before. I know there is frustration with the lack of details and I just keep hoping it is because while they don't know who it is yet, they might have an idea what happened and are following down leads.

Maybe since they don't know Holly's fate they are reluctant to be more public.

I am really interested in that.

Also- interested in the Huntingdon County Career and Tech Center. Is that where Holly's nursing program is based out of? Trying to figure out the extended/on-line learning program that may have been available at her nursing school. Did Holly participate in that at all? and if so- who else did? I wonder if she had any online study partners or anyone like that.

ETA: the reason why I am so interested in the camo is because it was clearly noted as a descriptive factor early on in the investigation. Was this person wearing a camo hat? A camo facemask? What is typical of turkey season hunters in TN? Did it seem to be new or used camo? I understand that this info may be inaccurate because witnesses tend to be somewhat inaccurate- but there's probably a dark camo//light camo/ just pants camo with regular tee shirt- vs. full camo) kind of recollection. I would think?

Cubbies2010
05-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Blood Info:
The fact that the blood was analyzed, not released, no signifigant POI information, no leaks about searches for me says a few things.
a. The blood is not relevant.
b. The blood is not traceable to anyone already in the system.

If a. then I'd keep it secret to keep the perp guessing, or I might release it bc this is of small use in any case.

If b. this lets off the hook a whole lot of potential suspects.

My guess is it's Holly's too.

Good points, but...
Isn't it likely the perp knows whose blood it is, or if it is unrelated or non-human? And the perp now knows that LE knows something about the blood, even if it is b.
LE is really only keeping it secret from the rest of us.

I agree that it's either Holly's or not relevant. IMO

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 01:08 AM
If the blood is the perp's, or at least not Holly's, it is something to match with if anyone is ever arrested. So really unless it belongs to another member of the Bobo family, it probably is relevant.

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 01:14 AM
I talked with a customer today on the phone who was from Knoxville, TN. I mentioned that I use to live there and missed it and he told me I wouldn't want to live there now. He said a lot of bad things are happenning down there anymore and that I was lucky not to live there. I asked him if he had been following the Bobo case and he told me he was. He stated that what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that there have been several young girls down there that have been disappearing in that area, not just Holly Bobo. He says the scenario is always the same and everytime he turns around there's another young girl gone missing. I wanted to ask him so badly if any of them eventually turn up dead or alive, but the guy was too emotional by then. The last words the guy said to me was, "Honey, you stay safe and stay where you are, because terrible things are happenning down here. Young girls are going missing and they can't seem to figure out who is doing it!"

grandmaj
05-04-2011, 01:14 AM
OK so let me start this and jump in adding to it.

Holly was abducted from the driveway at her home in the time frame between 7:30 and 8:00 am.

The man was approximately 200 pounds and 5' 10".

The man was wearing Camo but we don't know what kind whether Walmart off the rack, real Govt. issued or hunting camo.

Lunchbox..... when was it found? Any more specifics.....

Keep it going let's see what we have?

grandmaj
05-04-2011, 01:16 AM
I talked with a customer today on the phone who was from Knoxville, TN. I mentioned that I use to live there and missed it and he told me I wouldn't want to live there now. He said a lot of bad things are happenning down there anymore and that I was lucky not to live there. I asked him if he had been following the Bobo case and he told me he was. He stated that what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that there have been several young girls down there that have been disappearing in that area, not just Holly Bobo. He says the scenario is always the same and everytime he turns around there's another young girl gone missing. I wanted to ask him so badly if any of them eventually turn up dead or alive, but the guy was too emotional by then. The last words the guy said to me was, "Honey, you stay safe and stay were you are, because terrible things are happenning down here. Young girls are going missing and they can't seem to figure out who is doing it!"

This may be why they are looking at the other missing person cases. They may have a serial on their hands. :(

Kimster
05-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Who are some of the others who have gone missing there? We need to search old articles on that!

SmoothOperator
05-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Still attempting to get completely caught up from the last couple days worth of posts..and in doing so I came across several posts in our previous Thread(#20)speaking about their having a feeling about Easter Sunday's "find" being so significant that it led to LE being able to determine with most likliehood one way or the other{i.e. either significant in pointing to a still alive Holly or significant in pointing to most likely a deceased Holly}..

Some feel that not only LE's course and tactic seemed to have changed since that "find" but also possibly the family's actions/statements seeming to have changed course/direction since the Easter "find" as well[i.e. someone even mentioned the country star singer..cousin Whitney had definitely put a screeching halt to her abundant tweets..or at the very least cutting down on "Holly tweets" significantly]..

So, what I'd like to know and/or hear from others is what items can they come up with as possibilities of what the "find" exactly was on Easter Sunday and most important how would that item being found be indicative of Holly's current status[alive or deceased]in any way whatsoever..

I, personally have just at this moment began to ponder on this issue and off the top of my head I literally have come up with zilch as to what that "find" could be and what possibly could that item have on it, consist of, or be direct evidence of Holly being either alive or dead?? So, am anxious to hear what others can come up with a s possibilities of what the item was that was found and specifically how it could..as well as actually what it could hold that would be indicative of what Holly's present status as/is??

TIA to anyone who can point me to coupla possibilities that would "hold water" and support the above theory thought and posted about by several members back one Thread in #20..:)

Kimster
05-04-2011, 01:24 AM
This case reminds me in some ways of the Brooke Wilberger case. I know some may disagree. The only thing left behind at the crime scene was her shoes. Neighbors heard her scream and that was the last she was heard from. I don't think the person who took Holly was a local, meaning from the community. I think he was someone who visited the area maybe a few times to hunt, and knew the area well enough. He could have just taken a chance that nobody would see him to identify him. And it just so happened that nobody was around to stop him. I think this guy could have traveled some distance and this is going to make it very difficult to zero in on him. JMO

Brooke was found not far from where I live. She never would have been found if the perp hadn't told LE where she was. :( I've thought of her also. And Morgan. Out there somewhere. How I pray for a miracle like in Elizabeth Smart's case!

:praying:

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I am beginning to think that whatever they found that Sunday either led them to believe that her case is connected to another one they have yet to solve, or that it led them to believe he got on the interstate and left the area. The searching pretty much stopped then too, except for the targeted search a day or two ago. What if they found something that they had come across at another crime scene sometime in the past?

Kimster
05-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I am beginning to think that whatever they found that Sunday either led them to believe that her case is connected to another one they have yet to solve, or that it led them to believe he got on the interstate and left the area. The searching pretty much stopped then too, except for the targeted search a day or two ago. What if they found something that they had come across at another crime scene sometime in the past?

Could be, which linked the crimes. That is really bad news if they have. If it was a single abduction, then she might be held somewhere. If there are a few missing, I don't think the odds are good at all. :(

Cubbies2010
05-04-2011, 01:41 AM
If the blood is the perp's, or at least not Holly's, it is something to match with if anyone is ever arrested. So really unless it belongs to another member of the Bobo family, it probably is relevant.

Agree.
But it may also be animal/reptile blood.

dotnetnow
05-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Who are some of the others who have gone missing there? We need to search old articles on that!
>>TBI link: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_children/miss_child.shtml<<

I'm glad you asked this. I know I've run into more that fit on this list, but I was thinking about this the other day when looking at tbi missing persons list. I was struck by how many they had in the last year, the date similarities, and the "unknown" quality of several of them.BTW they have missing person's over 18 list but Holly is not on it.

I know I've also seen some elsewhere. I dont think tbi's page is a comprehensive list, and especially not including "people over 18". It would be great to look through newspaper "missing person/adducted person/found person" google searches and see how many we can put on this list.

>Edit/Ad< Also worth looking at each one of these to see what news there was initially. Sadly on 1st I checked Brittany Mabry, there is absolutely no news about it (wow!). Its like these kids are assumed runaway and nothing is said!!!

Here's a start. I put them in chronological order. I only selected the one's from the last year and a half. It would be interresting to start making a master file adding to this, as well as a master list of "known info" as grandmaj suggested (I might try to help with that too).

Dovie Elizabeth Bright
Missing Since: 03/25/2010
Details:Dovie Elizabeth Bright was last seen at her residence in Johnson City, TN where she recentlyrelocated to from Knoxville, TN. Dovie left a note stating that she was running away. Dovie took clothing in a black and white bag with a rabbit on it and a pink backpack. Dovie's father has received information that she may be in the company of an 18 year old and an older Hispanic male.
**Looks like Holly(have to look at poster shows 2 pics). Circumstances seem runaway, but not clear.

BRITTANY MABRY
Missing: July 2, 2010
Age Missing: 14
Brittany was last seen on July 2, 2010 at approximately 9:30 p.m. at her residence in Nashville, Tennessee. Brittany was last seen wearing a pink tank top, pink jogging pants and grey flip flops. She has long curly hair and tattoos on both arms.
**Not rural, but otherwise similar to Holly's case.
**No news articles for follow up details.

ATALAYAH CHAMICE TAYLOR
Missing: October 19, 2010
Age Missing: 15
Atalayah was last seen wearing a black jacket and light colored blue jeans. Atalayah is possibly in the East Nashville, Tennessee area.
**Not rural, different race (doesnt technically matter since we have no profile).

HANNAH GROVES
Missing: February 6, 2011
Age Missing: 17
Hannah was last seen at a mall in the Memphis, Tennessee area. Hannah was wearing a brown leather jacket trimmed in fur with an orange hood, a shirt, tan pants and tan boots with fur trim.
**Indications she was from "childrens home", had issues with disappearance previous(Hannah Groves, 14, Missing [FOUND SAFE] Since 6/7/08, Henderson, TN - Help Find The Missing)

MAEGAN LEE ALLEN
Missing: April 8, 2011
Age Missing: 16
Maegan was last seen wearing a white shirt, black jacket and black pants or skirt with black shoes. She may be with Austin Sevegny in the Manchester, Tennessee area.
**Hinting she ran away with boy, but still missing, and similar in looks to Holly.
**Missing boy Austin Paul Sevigny potentially linked with this girl

Laddsy
05-04-2011, 01:49 AM
If its a serial then that would explain why such a hefty reward was put up so quickly by the Governor.

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm finding that most states have information and listings on unsolved murders, but nothing for Tennessee...

I wonder how one could find out about unsolved homicides in a particular state if not on the internet. And wonder why they don't share that info, when most do...

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 01:55 AM
A possible serial would also account for the agreement to the phrase "game changer"...

China Videon, Now 26, MSG 10/19/99 Christiana, TN - Help Find The Missing

Another girl missing since 1991 in TN I had not come across before.

Tikki
05-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I am really interested in that.

Also- interested in the Huntingdon County Career and Tech Center. Is that where Holly's nursing program is based out of? Trying to figure out the extended/on-line learning program that may have been available at her nursing school. Did Holly participate in that at all? and if so- who else did? I wonder if she had any online study partners or anyone like that.

ETA: the reason why I am so interested in the camo is because it was clearly noted as a descriptive factor early on in the investigation. Was this person wearing a camo hat? A camo facemask? What is typical of turkey season hunters in TN? Did it seem to be new or used camo? I understand that this info may be inaccurate because witnesses tend to be somewhat inaccurate- but there's probably a dark camo//light camo/ just pants camo with regular tee shirt- vs. full camo) kind of recollection. I would think?

I remember reading it described as "turkey camo". The only references I can find to that now

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/search-for-holly-bobo-local-reporter-jackets-jeans-courage-and-hope-needed

Friday morning Nunley tweeted that according to The Associated Press, authorities were clarifying the term “dragging” from first witness accounts.

A source, Nunley tweeted, told him authorities say the victim appeared to have been “led” into the woods by a man wearing full “Turkey Camo.”

There was speculation that it may have been the "leafy" type of turkey camo, I guess there is more than one kind...

hth

Kimster
05-04-2011, 02:09 AM
I'm finding that most states have information and listings on unsolved murders, but nothing for Tennessee...

I wonder how one could find out about unsolved homicides in a particular state if not on the internet. And wonder why they don't share that info, when most do...

The Wix girls are missing from Tenn and are listed on the county sheriff's website. Someone can look on the counties in and around where Holly went missing and see what they may say.

BTW, the Wix girls were not likely a stranger abduction, so probably don't need to search them as part of this case. :(

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 02:10 AM
I remember reading it described as "turkey camo". The only references I can find to that now

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/search-for-holly-bobo-local-reporter-jackets-jeans-courage-and-hope-needed

There was speculation that it may have been the "leafy" type of turkey camo, I guess there is more than one kind...

hth

I don't know anything about "camo"- would this turkey get-up include a hat of some sort, so that hair would not be visible? Otherwise I would guess his hair must be at least similar in general color to the BF.

Kimster
05-04-2011, 02:11 AM
>>TBI link: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_children/miss_child.shtml<<

I'm glad you asked this. I know I've run into more that fit on this list, but I was thinking about this the other day when looking at tbi missing persons list. I was struck by how many they had in the last year, the date similarities, and the "unknown" quality of several of them.BTW they have missing person's over 18 list but Holly is not on it.

I know I've also seen some elsewhere. I dont think tbi's page is a comprehensive list, and especially not including "people over 18". It would be great to look through newspaper "missing person/adducted person/found person" google searches and see how many we can put on this list.

>Edit/Ad< Also worth looking at each one of these to see what news there was initially. Sadly on 1st I checked Brittany Mabry, there is absolutely no news about it (wow!). Its like these kids are assumed runaway and nothing is said!!!

Here's a start. I put them in chronological order. I only selected the one's from the last year and a half. It would be interresting to start making a master file adding to this, as well as a master list of "known info" as grandmaj suggested (I might try to help with that too).

Dovie Elizabeth Bright
Missing Since: 03/25/2010
Details:Dovie Elizabeth Bright was last seen at her residence in Johnson City, TN where she recentlyrelocated to from Knoxville, TN. Dovie left a note stating that she was running away. Dovie took clothing in a black and white bag with a rabbit on it and a pink backpack. Dovie's father has received information that she may be in the company of an 18 year old and an older Hispanic male.
**Looks like Holly(have to look at poster shows 2 pics). Circumstances seem runaway, but not clear.

BRITTANY MABRY
Missing: July 2, 2010
Age Missing: 14
Brittany was last seen on July 2, 2010 at approximately 9:30 p.m. at her residence in Nashville, Tennessee. Brittany was last seen wearing a pink tank top, pink jogging pants and grey flip flops. She has long curly hair and tattoos on both arms.

ATALAYAH CHAMICE TAYLOR
Missing: October 19, 2010
Age Missing: 15
Atalayah was last seen wearing a black jacket and light colored blue jeans. Atalayah is possibly in the East Nashville, Tennessee area.
**Not rural, different race (doesnt technically matter since we have no profile).

HANNAH GROVES
Missing: February 6, 2011
Age Missing: 17
Hannah was last seen at a mall in the Memphis, Tennessee area. Hannah was wearing a brown leather jacket trimmed in fur with an orange hood, a shirt, tan pants and tan boots with fur trim.

MAEGAN LEE ALLEN
Missing: April 8, 2011
Age Missing: 16
Maegan was last seen wearing a white shirt, black jacket and black pants or skirt with black shoes. She may be with Austin Sevegny in the Manchester, Tennessee area.
**Hinting she ran away with boy, but still missing, and similar in looks to Holly.

Thank you! :bow:

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 02:18 AM
We might also want to look up attempted abductions as well.

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 02:19 AM
I'll be talking to a few of my old friends down there in a week or so and I'll see what I can find out. Emeralgem would be another who might now how to find out what's going on in Tennessee.

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 02:22 AM
We could start comparing the descriptions of the abductors and vehicles involved.

dotnetnow
05-04-2011, 02:23 AM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6431146&postcount=186

Trying to fig out how we do that "backpost reference link" thing??!!

Anyway I did some further research, updated the post to show (mostly a complete lack of info).

The only one's on this list I wouldn't "rule out" pretty quicky are Brittany Mabry and Atalayah Chamice Taylor. The rest look like runaways pretty clearly... but ya gotta start somewhere.

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 02:24 AM
The girl who someone tried to abduct a couple of months ago described the guy as being tall and thin. It happened about the same time of day, but the dude got spooked when glass lamp shattered and he ran off. That girl's boyfriend was there.

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 02:26 AM
It seems like you have to look county by county to find anything about unsolved crimes; they sure don't put them out there for everyone to see, as many states do.

If a serial who had never been caught for this sort of crime just recently got out of prison for something else, it could tie back to some other unsolved crimes. And if there is even a suspicion of a serial by LE, that would explain the total lock down on information, nothing shuts LE up like a possible serial, until they are forced to admit it.

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 02:27 AM
Are any of these missing people being found? Could there be a ring of human traffickers?

dotnetnow
05-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Just off the top of my head, to make a decent list (sleuthing) it would be cool to keep two lists initially. The 1st a list of missing women in tennessee (just guessing since 2010). The 2nd a filtered list of those who have been filtered and can not be ruled out as "runaway" or some other "non stranger abduction" scenario.

Seems it would be good to look for: missing, abducted, found deceased, assaulted no perp, etc.

Basically if you want to look through a county or other means, check it against the master list, if the person is not on there then do a little research to see if you can get more info(make notes) and then post the name. Can update the docs and see if we can get a decent list.

If we start finding more details we can cross-index that as well.

>>Id be willing to take suggestions and try to update the docs but I cant do all the research on my own<<

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 03:07 AM
We could see if any of the scenarios fit any of the surrounding states as well like VA, NC, etc.

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 03:08 AM
I'll start digging tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'm going to bed tonight, but I took tomorrow off from work and will see what I can find.

dotnetnow
05-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Alice Stachewicz 56:
This poor lady was found after a 3 day search. Disappeared Sun April 10 between 6p-8p. Found deceased in creek near home following Wed. Last seen arguing with family member in driveway. Left all personal belongings at home. No signs of foul play reported. Awaiting autopsy.

--doesn't seem to match, but plotted on map this is not too far north from parsons/darden in paris, tn.

So it's missing/found deceased, unknown situation.

Put on list, or leave it off?

Some Beach
05-04-2011, 03:35 AM
I talked with a customer today on the phone who was from Knoxville, TN. I mentioned that I use to live there and missed it and he told me I wouldn't want to live there now. He said a lot of bad things are happenning down there anymore and that I was lucky not to live there. I asked him if he had been following the Bobo case and he told me he was. He stated that what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that there have been several young girls down there that have been disappearing in that area, not just Holly Bobo. He says the scenario is always the same and everytime he turns around there's another young girl gone missing. I wanted to ask him so badly if any of them eventually turn up dead or alive, but the guy was too emotional by then. The last words the guy said to me was, "Honey, you stay safe and stay where you are, because terrible things are happenning down here. Young girls are going missing and they can't seem to figure out who is doing it!"

It's interesting that you should bring this up as a topic. I have heard a lot of underground talk about women being kidnapped in Tennessee and then taken to the local regional airport (very close to HB's home) and flown out of the area.

Honestly, I didn't give it much thought because it just sounded so absurd. After reading your post, I googled "Human Trafficking In Tennessee" and was SHOCKED to see how many results. There are even references made to nurses.

She's a beautiful, blonde haired, young woman...At this point, it's probably as good of a lead as anything else.

IF what they found on Sunday gave them reason to believe that she was somehow a victim of this, and whisked away on a plane, that would certainly give them reason to stop searching the area.

Some Beach
05-04-2011, 03:38 AM
P.S. The "Feds" even broke up a human trafficking ring in Tennessee last November. This could be the reason the FBI got involved so quickly.

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
http://dioknox.org/13122/etcnews/keynote-on-human-trafficking-set-for-kdccw-convention/

This article in Knox County, TN about trafficking is dated 4/10, three days before Holly disappeared.

I don't really see it in this case, in the manner she was taken; usually not from a private home. But anything is possible...

dotnetnow
05-04-2011, 04:11 AM
I was going to add that this is harder than it seems. I spent about an hour more looking and didnt pull up even one more lead (I was only concentrating on missing and using google though). Such a big task I think...

...going to bed, catch up tommorrow.

Money Girl
05-04-2011, 05:50 AM
It's interesting that you should bring this up as a topic. I have heard a lot of underground talk about women being kidnapped in Tennessee and then taken to the local regional airport (very close to HB's home) and flown out of the area.

Honestly, I didn't give it much thought because it just sounded so absurd. After reading your post, I googled "Human Trafficking In Tennessee" and was SHOCKED to see how many results. There are even references made to nurses.

She's a beautiful, blonde haired, young woman...At this point, it's probably as good of a lead as anything else.

IF what they found on Sunday gave them reason to believe that she was somehow a victim of this, and whisked away on a plane, that would certainly give them reason to stop searching the area.

Getting off topic here, but this reminded me that some of the family, even one of the original POI in the Haleigh Cummings case was from eastern TN.

maskedwoman
05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
There has been nothing at all about what Holly did on Tuesday, or when she came home for the night. Someone could have followed her from the last place she was and just stayed in the woods all night, waiting and watching. There has also been no word about if the brother usually left the house in the morning, or if there was another vehicle besides the one Holly planned to use. If not, the perp could easily have watched mom and dad leave and just made his move when Holly appeared and headed for the car.

You would think LE would ask the public if anyone had seen Holly that Tuesday afternoon/evening and if they noticed any unusual vehicle or person at any of the places she went. They could try to bring the public back in their minds to April 12th, that Tuesday. Now it seems a little late, but it could still help if someone saw her in town and followed her home.

I think the reason they haven't released anything about the days before her disappearance suggests either LE already knows the answer to that question or it's not relevant to what they already know happened to her. Of course, if she was at home that night, then her family saw her and they don't need to ask the public anything. MOO

hinman
05-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Just checking in. Worried that no news has come out and no suspect and HB is still missing. Hope she is found soon

nursebeeme
05-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Authorities are now looking at the possibility that Bobo, a 20-year-old missing woman from Decatur County, may have been abducted in a home invasion
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/Missing_students_family_wants_property_searches_12 1238074.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

this is snipped from the caption under the photo in the article

((goodmorning!))

Carla Lashelle
05-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Authorities are now looking at the possibility that Bobo, a 20-year-old missing woman from Decatur County, may have been abducted in a home invasion
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/Missing_students_family_wants_property_searches_12 1238074.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

((goodmorning!))

Yes but i think its that same old, dated, information from day one. Its on the AMW web site too, or at least was. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it as being gospel or some hidden revelation. Just they threw something up and its still there.

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I think the reason they haven't released anything about the days before her disappearance suggests either LE already knows the answer to that question or it's not relevant to what they already know happened to her. Of course, if she was at home that night, then her family saw her and they don't need to ask the public anything. MOO

She must have gone somewhere on the Tuesday before she was taken. Maybe someone saw her and doesn't even realize what day it was, unless reminded. People run into each other in small towns all the time. Someone may recall that it was the same day that they saw a "stranger" in town, for example. (I don't know how small a town this really is and have never lived in a small town, so this may be reaching a bit.)

Still, even if LE know what Holly did on Tuesday, they can't know who else may have seen her and noticed something unusual.

tfrohning
05-04-2011, 08:46 AM

((goodmorning!))

Good Morning nurse :)

I don't understand why they want to call it home invasion.

Home Invasion definition:A break and enter of occupied residential premises with forced confinement, assault or battery of occupants

But what is it about the offence that characterizes it as a home invasion? Although the term home invasion is not defined in the Criminal Code ... ¶348.1 of the Code provides an instructive reference point. Under the heading Aggravating circumstance -- home invasion, ... directs a court sentencing an adult person convicted of unlawful confinement, robbery, extortion, or break and enter in relation to a dwelling house to consider as an aggravating circumstance the fact that the dwelling-house was occupied at the time of the commission of the offence and that the person in committing the offence,

knew that or was reckless as to whether the dwelling-house was occupied; and
used violence or threats of violence to a person or property....
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/H/HomeInvasion.aspx

CuriousHousewife
05-04-2011, 08:48 AM
She must have gone somewhere on the Tuesday before she was taken. Maybe someone saw her and doesn't even realize what day it was, unless reminded. People run into each other in small towns all the time. Someone may recall that it was the same day that they saw a "stranger" in town, for example. (I don't know how small a town this really is and have never lived in a small town, so this may be reaching a bit.)

Still, even if LE know what Holly did on Tuesday, they can't know who else may have seen her and noticed something unusual.

True. I live in a "small town" of 30,000 and I can't go anywhere in town (Wal Mart, post office, Food Lion, gas station) without seeing at least ONE person I know.

grandmaj
05-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Now you peeps are cooking with gas! :applause:

grandmaj
05-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Good Morning nurse :)

I don't understand why they want to call it home invasion.

Home Invasion definition:A break and enter of occupied residential premises with forced confinement, assault or battery of occupants

But what is it about the offence that characterizes it as a home invasion? Although the term home invasion is not defined in the Criminal Code ... ¶348.1 of the Code provides an instructive reference point. Under the heading Aggravating circumstance -- home invasion, ... directs a court sentencing an adult person convicted of unlawful confinement, robbery, extortion, or break and enter in relation to a dwelling house to consider as an aggravating circumstance the fact that the dwelling-house was occupied at the time of the commission of the offence and that the person in committing the offence,

knew that or was reckless as to whether the dwelling-house was occupied; and
used violence or threats of violence to a person or property....
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/H/HomeInvasion.aspx

TF I really think the choice of terms and words printed, were lacking in the early hours of this investigation like we have seen with so many hours. It is misleading language from everything we have heard about what happened. :banghead:

nursebeeme
05-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Yes but i think its that same old, dated, information from day one. Its on the AMW web site too, or at least was. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it as being gospel or some hidden revelation. Just they threw something up and its still there.

not sure but it was the first time I have seen the terminology "home invasion" in a while. (since the start that is)... I don't necessarily think it is new info.. that being said, I am trying to find articles as they come out... ((few and far between that they seem to be...))

cluciano63
05-04-2011, 09:30 AM
The "home invasion" wording came and went with the "dragged" away from her home. Both show up in some articles or on some sites, for dramatic purposes.

Two things I would love to know; if the car Holly was planning to use was the only one left at the house that day and whether her brother works or keeps a regular schedule. I saw one article about his line of work, but it was phrased as "worked." If someone followed her home on Tuesday and hid out overnight, they may have concluded that only Holly and her parents lived there, if brother never came or went.

BeanE
05-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I've found that googling with homicide clearance or homicide clearance rates is useful in digging up info on abductions. A 'cleared' homicide is one in which there has been an arrest. Otherwise it's put it in the 'unsolved' bucket.

You can use this search engine to find murders, both cleared and unsolved, in TN:
Mid-South homicides since 1980
http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/unsolvedmurders/

This will give stats on clearance for TN, broken down by your choice of a variety of factors:
Murder clearance rates
http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/unsolvedmurders/

TIBRS lets you pull up all kinds of interesting stats on crimes in TN, for example, I found out that abductions at the time of day Holly was abducted are extremely rare in TN:
http://www.tennesseecrimeonline.com/tibrspublic2005/Browse/browsetables.aspx

maskedwoman
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM

Not necessarily. My daughter (same age as Holly) often spends her day off at home, lounging around, just because.

BeanE
05-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Holly was abducted from the driveway at her home in the time frame between 7:30 and 8:00 am.

The man was wearing Camo but we don't know what kind whether Walmart off the rack, real Govt. issued or hunting camo.

BBM

Lunch box found Friday April 15. Reported to be white. Reported to be found near a creek 8 miles from her home.

Numerous reports support these factoids:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/holly-bobo-news-articles-videos-dated-friday-april-15-2011/

An April 19 report states a more specific location of Gooch Rd, and that it was known to be Holly's lunch box because her mother had packed her lunch that morning:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14477180/day-7-of-search-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county

Other physical evidence include Holly's lunch box found 8 miles from the Bobo home on Gooch Road. Helm said they know it belongs to Bobo because her mother packed it the morning her daughter disappeared.

BeanE
05-04-2011, 09:51 AM

BBM

Described as "full" camo in a video interview with Sheriff Wyatt I posted earlier. I'll dig it up if anyone wants it.

This news article supports "full":
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

CBS The Early Show – 8:47 AM EDT 4/16/2011
The man who was seen with Bobo outside her home is described as dressed in full camouflage clothing, approximately 5’10″ to 6 foot tall, and from 180 to 200 pounds.

Will Nunley tweeted that a source told him it was "turkey camo"

Update 4/15/11 at 4:10 pm: Source: Victim appeared to be ‘led’ into the woods, by a man wearing full ‘Turkey Camo.’

WYCD Radio
http://wycd.radio.com/2011/04/19/country-artist-whitney-duncans-20-year-old-cousin-abducted/#ixzz1LOKqnb00

BeanE
05-04-2011, 10:02 AM

BBM. These are the most credible sources I've found for time:

Holly Bobo Time Last Seen:

- April 13 WBBJ news article:
Sheriff Roy Wyatt said the abductor likely knew her schedule and was waiting by her car.

- April 13 Jackson Sun news article:
Holly Lynn Bobo, 20, was last seen around 7:45 a.m. today on Swan Johnson Road in Darden, said John Mehr with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

- April 13 TBI media release: approximately 7:30am

- April 15 – Dana Bobo, Holly’s father, in WREG video:

Case Signal transcription @ -1:42 in video: “Our daughter was taken from us yesterday morning about 8 o’clock from my house going to school“

- April 17 TBI media release: between 7:40am and 8:00am

- April 18 Tennessee Governor Haslam’s office media release:
approximately 7:40am

- April 20 Jackson Sun news article:
investigators went door to door talking to neighbors and set up checkpoints on six roads near Bobo’s home to speak to motorists passing by at the time of day Bobo was abducted, between 7:40 and 8 a.m.

The TBI media releases and news articles are all linked here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

BeanE
05-04-2011, 10:11 AM

BBM. Interestingly, TBI didn't include a description of the guy in any of their media releases, nor did the governor in his.

The FBI gives this description on their website, on Holly's page:

She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-scroll-view?selected-uid=bb1bd1153dd631706de0eeee72b0c4ba

I'll see if I can dig up TBI in a presser or quote, or the Sheriff in a video giving a description.

ETA: Looks like Mehr from TBI gave a description on April 14:

He described the abductor as a white man about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110415/NEWS25/104150323/Search-Holly-Bobo-continues-Father-says-abductor-may-know-family

tfrohning
05-04-2011, 10:14 AM
The "home invasion" wording came and went with the "dragged" away from her home. Both show up in some articles or on some sites, for dramatic purposes.

Two things I would love to know; if the car Holly was planning to use was the only one left at the house that day and whether her brother works or keeps a regular schedule. I saw one article about his line of work, but it was phrased as "worked." If someone followed her home on Tuesday and hid out overnight, they may have concluded that only Holly and her parents lived there, if brother never came or went.

I can't help but when I thik of Holly's case I can't help but think of Matt Hoffman in Ohio who murder Tina Herman,Stephaine Sprang and little Kody.

He hid in the woods watching the house over night.

Now I consider that case of Home invasion! Plus other things.

Carla Lashelle
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
I can't help but when I thik of Holly's case I can't help but think of Matt Hoffman in Ohio who murder Tina Herman,Stephaine Sprang and little Kody.

He hid in the woods watching the house over night.

Now I consider that case of Home invasion! Plus other thing.

If you read here

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110504/NEWS25/105040319/1002/rss

It says: " John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, said Tuesday. "We're asking people to please call and give factual information, nothing that is rumor. I'm sure there are people who saw something out of the ordinary like a vehicle parked in the area between 5 and 8:30 a.m.""

Since they mention 5 AM that implies that they know or think the suspect was there waiting a while and may have parked in a somewhat obvious or visible place and not just was out in the woods somewhere.

tfrohning
05-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Not necessarily. My daughter (same age as Holly) often spends her day off at home, lounging around, just because.

I think if she had tests coming up(knowing a lot nursing students) she would been studying all week.

Carla Lashelle
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't recall seeing this posted here. If it was its still a very good read :

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-big-city-crime-comes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

BeanE
05-04-2011, 10:54 AM
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH MEETING FOR LOBELVILLE'S ESTABLISHED AREAS

Sheriff Tommy Hickerson will hold the second in a series of Neighborhood Watch Meetings for all six Neighborhood Watch areas that have been established in Perry County.

The first of these meetings will be held in Lobelville on Thursday, May 12, 2011, at 630 p.m., at the Lobelville Senior Citizens Center. He said that our county Neighborhood Watch Program is being given top priority following the disappearance of Ms. Holly Bobo.

http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=207427&MemberID=1257

falconsfan
05-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to say that I enjoy reading everyone's sleuthing ideas! I haven't

commented an awful lot, but I love reading others ideas because it gives me more to

ponder. Since we have been discussing in the last few threads about SO's I thought I

would post this info too. It is a RSO that hasn't registered since 09. It is in TN, but a

ways away from Decatur County, but since they don't know where he may be it's

possible he made his way there and was hiding in the woods, working under a different

name, or doing odd jobs. His height and weight are fairly close to the perp description.

There is only one offense which you will see on the link, but the fact that he hasn't

registered drew up flags for me. Just something to ponder I guess. BTW he's the one on

the left. The one on the right has some similarites to the left guy (location, not

registered, offense). He also is pretty close to the perp height and weight. I hope I

posted this right, and didn't do anything wrong. I don't post too awful much yet. I'm

sure LE may have looked at them, but I thought I would put it up here anyway. I hope

and pray the family find HB. It would warm my heart to see a happy ending here.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sex_ofender_reg/sex_ofender_reg.shtml

OldSteve
05-04-2011, 11:03 AM
If you read here

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110504/NEWS25/105040319/1002/rss

It says: " John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, said Tuesday. "We're asking people to please call and give factual information, nothing that is rumor. I'm sure there are people who saw something out of the ordinary like a vehicle parked in the area between 5 and 8:30 a.m.""

Since they mention 5 AM that implies that they know or think the suspect was there waiting a while and may have parked in a somewhat obvious or visible place and not just was out in the woods somewhere.

Good find! The 5 to 8:30 am - why that narrow time slice?
My guess is to limit and focus attention on tips that would be most meaningful, and to avoid spinning their wheels on rumors....

Janeumayer
05-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Guys, can a local tell me if there are tolls nearby? Wondering if they have checked the security cams? TIA

Janeumayer
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I think if she had tests coming up(knowing a lot nursing students) she would been studying all week.

Hmmm, I wonder if she studied at a specific library? Any special study groups? Don't libraries have cams?

nursebeeme
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1718

grandmaj
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I wonder if there are other women gone missing that haven't been listed in the news? How would we found out in the counties around there about missing persons? This may be an interesting exercise.

YellowDog
05-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I found this article very informative and ethically done. It gives great insight into many local perps and crimes occurring in the area and maybe how well the authorities have run down each one in their search for clues:

That's a very good article with lots of information. It makes you realize how unsafe the world really is today. I would be extremely nervous if I had a young daughter living in that area right now.

OldSteve
05-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if she studied at a specific library? Any special study groups? Don't libraries have cams?

You got me thinking....
Interesting how investigations are conducted....
First there's an attempt to rescue the victim.
Establish time lines for her and all who are close to her.
Collect forensic evidence.
Collect communicative hardware evidence (cell phones, computers, security camera tapes, easy-pass toll records, yearbooks, etc.)
Investigate background to find places she's been.
Seek tips, informers, and process that info.
Investigate social life and contact with others via cellphone records, social networking, etc.
Speak to POI's, gather alibis, etc.
Takes what's been gathered and learned and apply it to the above, allowing repeats of the above.

These are things that just pop into my old noggin - coordinating all these efforts so nothing gets lost must be rather tricky...
I remember one cold case where a new investigator was going over the yearbook of the victim and saw a remark cautioning the victim to steer clear of so-and-so.... and that was clue that broke the case...

BeanE
05-04-2011, 11:42 AM
You got me thinking....
Interesting how investigations are conducted....
First there's an attempt to rescue the victim.
Establish time lines for her and all who are close to her.
Collect forensic evidence.
Collect communicative hardware evidence (cell phones, computers, security camera tapes, easy-pass toll records, yearbooks, etc.)
Investigate background to find places she's been.
Seek tips, informers, and process that info.
Investigate social life and contact with others via cellphone records, social networking, etc.
Speak to POI's, gather alibis, etc.
Takes what's been gathered and learned and apply it to the above, allowing repeats of the above.

These are things that just pop into my old noggin - coordinating all these efforts so nothing gets lost must be rather tricky...
I remember one cold case where a new investigator was going over the yearbook of the victim and saw a remark cautioning the victim to steer clear of so-and-so.... and that was clue that broke the case...

This guide for LE from NCMEC is interesting:

Missing and Abducted Children: A Law-Enforcement Guide to Case Investigation and Program Management
http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/NC74.pdf

tfrohning
05-04-2011, 11:42 AM

I was thinking library. I wonder in this small town has cameras living in small towns... We don't have cameras in lot business :(

falconsfan
05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
You would think LE would ask the public if anyone had seen Holly that Tuesday afternoon/evening and if they noticed any unusual vehicle or person at any of the places she went. They could try to bring the public back in their minds to April 12th, that Tuesday. Now it seems a little late, but it could still help if someone saw her in town and followed her home.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if LE has found out any of the places HB went to on Tues. and looked at surveillance from those places. Possibly there is an unknown vehicle to the locals near or around her car that day. I'm sure people in a small town may know who drives what vehicle.

maskedwoman
05-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Guys, can a local tell me if there are tolls nearby? Wondering if they have checked the security cams? TIA

Bless your heart that is a good idea but Tennessee doesn't have toll roads. :)

Some Beach
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I just came back from making all the rounds required for my weekly trip to town. One of my encounters told me that her son-in-law is in law enforcement in a neighboring county and they were asked to help in the search on the LE search only day (I can't remember what day). They found nothing and he told her that we basically know everything they know.

Tolls? There are no toll roads in this area.

Last night, I read the transcript of the Sheriff's interview, and read something that I hadn't heard before....There were blood smears on the lunch box. Perhaps that's already been reported here, but I just didn't remember reading it.

I also heard other things, but just discount them as rumor.

falconsfan
05-04-2011, 12:01 PM

What about how long after CB saw HB did the neighbor hear her (someone) scream? I'm sure CB could make a approximation of the time he saw her, and I'm sure the neighbor knows the time as well. I say that because I am assuming they were on their way to work.
Also, I'm sure that HB's mom knows approximately when HB left for school as well. The reason I am bringing this up is because I think it's an important factor into how fast they were moving. Which would also be a clue to the mode of transportation (walking, ATV or car). This and how far from her house the duct tape was found would give a pretty good timeline as well as POSSIBLE direction. JMO....I have been wondering about those things for a while now. :banghead:

Some Beach
05-04-2011, 12:04 PM
I hit the send button too quickly....

I kept my eye out for security cameras today...other than Wal-Mart, I didn't see ANY.

Re: Cars parking on the side of the road. This is NOT UNUSUAL at all. When I first moved down here there were cars parked up and down Hwy 641 (Hwy 69 in Parsons). Some mornings it looked like a parking lot in the middle of nowhere. All these empty cars (mostly trucks) along the highway. I asked my father about it, and he told me that a lot of the guys will stop off to fish or hunt on their way to work in the morning. I no longer notice any cars on the side of the road unless their emergency flashers are on.<shrug>

SNOWINMEMPHIS
05-04-2011, 12:22 PM
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH MEETING FOR LOBELVILLE'S ESTABLISHED AREAS

Sheriff Tommy Hickerson will hold the second in a series of Neighborhood Watch Meetings for all six Neighborhood Watch areas that have been established in Perry County.

The first of these meetings will be held in Lobelville on Thursday, May 12, 2011, at 630 p.m., at the Lobelville Senior Citizens Center. He said that our county Neighborhood Watch Program is being given top priority following the disappearance of Ms. Holly Bobo.

http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=207427&MemberID=1257

Glad to hear they are doing this.
Not to be strange but Holly was taken on April 13.
I have been very interested in searchers paying attention to Route 13 going thru Lobelville back towards Linden.
JMO

SNOWINMEMPHIS
05-04-2011, 12:25 PM

No tolls in that area.:banghead:

SNOWINMEMPHIS
05-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I wonder if there are other women gone missing that haven't been listed in the news? How would we found out in the counties around there about missing persons? This may be an interesting exercise.

I agree. It's even possible at least another woman was targeted (besides Heather in Centreville) and it isn't being reported yet.
JMO

Snowbunny
05-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I hit the send button too quickly....

I kept my eye out for security cameras today...other than Wal-Mart, I didn't see ANY.

Re: Cars parking on the side of the road. This is NOT UNUSUAL at all. When I first moved down here there were cars parked up and down Hwy 641 (Hwy 69 in Parsons). Some mornings it looked like a parking lot in the middle of nowhere. All these empty cars (mostly trucks) along the highway. I asked my father about it, and he told me that a lot of the guys will stop off to fish or hunt on their way to work in the morning. I no longer notice any cars on the side of the road unless their emergency flashers are on.<shrug>

Bonnie, thank you for your input. I had not heard about any blood smears being found on the lunchbox so that is new to me. Maybe you could PM a mode and tell them what you have heard from locals down there before you discard it as rumors. Sometimes there is some truth in the so called gossip amongst the locals and it also gives insight to the way they are thinking about things. I would PM a mode first to get their approval. Again, thank you!